While Cicero aimed this remark at Cataline, it has been reused in recent times, including by Hungarian demonstrators in 2012.
Kevin Michael Rudd is not a mere liar. He is a master of lies, deploying them in disciplined formations. He lied when he said that he would eschew a negative political campaign. He lied when he repeated (and continues to repeat) the GST scare. He lied when he said that he would not challenge Julia Gillard. He lied when he said he did not undermine or leak against Julia Gillard. He lied when he said he ‘terminate’ the carbon tax. He lied when he said that the carbon price would fall. These are signs of a pathological liar.
His latest effort, though, takes the cake and shows a strident and harping Rudd. Here are his recent lies.
- The Coalition will rip out $70 billion from the Budget to fund its policies
- The Coalition will cause a recession
- Tony Abbott is going around saying he has the election in the bag
- Tony Abbott cuts the future, Labor builds the future
- Tony Abbott will tear Australia down
- If Tony Abbott wins, you lose
- Tony Abbott will ‘cut, cut, cut and cut to the bone’
- Labor will spend more, and cut less, yet still achieve a surplus in 2016
- For a new way, vote Labor
Enough Mr Rudd. How long will you abuse our patience?