Tonight provides further evidence of bias at the ABC. David Suzuki appears on Q&A without any other panelists. Normally Q&A consists of a panel of six people with Tony Jones. Occasionally there will be just two (and Tony Jones) – such as when Chris Bowen and Joe Hockey appeared on 19 August 2013.
Very rarely there will be just one panelist, like tonight’s show with David Suzuki. The previous examples are:
- Prime Minister Kevin Rudd (2 September 2013 and 8 February 2010)
- Prime Minister Julia Gillard (6 May 2013, 11 June 2012, 11 July 2011, 14 March 2011, 9 August 2010)
- Former Prime Minister John Howard (25 October 2010)
- Leader of the Opposition Tony Abbott (16 August 2010)
- Leader of the Opposition Malcolm Turnbull (13 October 2008)
- Retiring Leader of the Greens Senator Bob Brown (23 April 2012)
With the exception of Bob Brown (who was at least leader of a minor party in the Parliament of Australia), all the others have been Prime Ministers or Opposition Leaders.
Now comes David Suzuki with no particular claim to fame except on the Q&A website as a
Renowned Environmental Scientist and Campaigner.
How much did the ABC pay David Suzuki to appear? Have they provided young ladies to accompany him as is his wont?
It is time to privatise the ABC.
Update: This thread can double up as the weekly Q&A thread.