Instapundit has had a running theme for exactly a year today. Paul Caron, a law professor in the US, began assembling each day the latest news on the use of the IRS to harass any organisation on the right-side of the political divide. From the first moment I could not see how Obama could avoid being impeached even with the media virtually all in one corner. But on this, alas, I could not have been more wrong. So a full year has gone by, and this is where we are now on Day 365. You can see the links to each of these articles by going into Caron’s article:
- American Thinker: IRS Audits 10% of Tea Party Donors
- The Blaze: IRS Agrees to Turn Over All Lois Lerner Emails
- Bloomberg: House Holds Lois Lerner in Contempt for IRS Probe Silence
- Catholic Online: Former IRS Official Lois Lerner Held in Contempt
- Christian Science Monitor: House Holds Lois Lerner in Contempt in IRS Scandal: What Does That Mean?
- Daily Caller: IRS Agrees To Give House Committee All Lois Lerner Emails
- Daily Mail: IRS Finally Agrees to Turn Over ALL Lois Lerner Emails to House Republicans – A Day After She’s Found in Criminal Contempt
- The Foundry: Why 26 Democrats Think IRS Scandal ‘Doesn’t Smell Right’
- The Guardian: IRS Official Held in Contempt of Congress Over Tea Party Targeting
- Human Events: Lois Lerner Held in Contempt by the House
- Legal Insurrection: IRS to Turn Over All Lois Lerner Emails to House Committee
- National Review: IRS to Turn Over All Lerner E-Mails
- NBC News: GOP Focus on Benghazi and IRS Could Be Risky Business
- News Busters: NY Times Reporter Suggests ‘Defensive’ GOP Playing Politics on Lois Lerner
- News Max: Critic Slams Networks for Ignoring Contempt Vote on IRS’ Lerner
- News Max: Rep. Cummings: Lerner Contempt Vote Recalls McCarthy Era
- Newsweek: House Votes to Hold IRS’s Lois Lerner in Contempt Over Conservative Targeting
- Roll Call: In Showdown With Lerner, House Imprisonment Not Out of the Question
- Slate: Lois Lerner Is Held in Contempt of Congress, in Massive Consolation Prize
- Town Hall: Guess Who Bailed on Lerner’s Contempt Vote?
- Town Hall: Priorities: Pelosi Skips Lerner Vote, Attends Fundraiser in CA
- USA Today: Congress Could Put Lois Lerner in Jail All by Itself — But Probably Won’t
- Wall Street Journal: Four Ways the House Can Go After Lois Lerner
- Wall Street Journal: Lois Lerner’s Contempt for Congress
- Wall Street Journal: Some Democrats Target the IRS: The White House Can’t Call It a Partisan “Phony Scandal.”
- Wall Street Journal: What’s Next for Lerner and the IRS Scandal
- Washington Examiner: IRS’ Lois Lerner Held in Contempt by U.S. House
- Washington Free Beacon: Meet the Democrats Who Want to Investigate the IRS
- Washington Post: The Five Stages of GOP Scandal-Mongering: A Reader’s Guide
- Washington Post: House Votes to Hold Lois Lerner in Contempt of Congress
- Washington Post: Lois Lerner Is About to Join the Contempt Club. Who Else Has Been There?
- The Weekly Standard: Six Dems Join House Republicans on Lerner Contempt Vote
Aside from media bias, the terrorist abilities of the IRS is keeping protest to an invisible low. You don’t need gulags or the army in the streets, just the Tax Department. Quite instructive but depressing.The United States is no longer a free country nor will it be a prosperous country for very long either. Its infrastructure is falling to bits which I was reminded of on another Instapundit post today which began:
Last night, I got back to California after my behind the scenes work on the Duranty Awards in New York, after a delayed flight from JFK to San Francisco that began with an hour and a half on the tarmac, proceeded by six hours in flight, inside an aging Boeing 767 with one bathroom out of service, no Wi-Fi, and plenty of turbulence.
Falling to bits in so many ways but the only issue that seems to engage their media and political class are racist comments made in private by the owner of a basketball team.