Tuesday Forum: February 14, 2017

1,086 Responses to Tuesday Forum: February 14, 2017

1 3 4 5
  1. Hey monty,honest question, where was all this outrage when the last admin did f**ked things?

Please tell me about that time Obama was implicated in possible treason.

2. Snoopy

Please tell me about that time Obama was implicated in possible treason.

A plane load of cash to mullahs for starters.

3. vr

The Logan Act, at minimum. Possibly treason if Flynn was particularly stupid.

You know no one has ever been changed under the Logan Act.

4. Geriatric Mayfly

BoN Now that the kookaburra quartet arrives on a sort of regular ad hoc basis (yes I know) I did a bit of research on mince etc . To cut to the chase, it is recommended to include some offal e.g. heart, liver or kidney, to make up for mineral deficiencies in the mince alone. So tonight they had their chopped kidney garnish and hoovered it up with gusto. Table napkins tomorrow, as they find it a bit sticky on the beak.

5. Zatara

What violation of the law,

The Logan Act, at minimum. Possibly treason if Flynn was particularly stupid.

Logan Act.

“Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.”

No violation by Flynn there.

Now here’s a violation: Ex-President Jimmy Carter. Back in 1990 before Gulf War I, while the Bush Sr. administration was working hard to pull together a UN resolution passed that would tell Saddam to get out of Kuwait peacefully, little Jimmy was sitting on his peanut farm privately writing letters to his mate the Secretary of the UN demanding just the opposite. Reaction from the left…. crickets.

Or try this one. In 1977, while Jimmy carter was President, his brother Billy “Bubba” Carter danced with members of the Libyan Government for a nice publicity release on the international evening news and stated that he was great friends with Muammar Gaddafi. He announced that the Libyan Government had given him a large amount of cash so that he would be able to influence his brother’s foreign policy decisions and lobby on behalf of the Libyan interests. – Crickets

Democrat Senator John Kerry who traveled to Nicaragua and conducted unauthorized negotiations with the Sandinista Government, after expressly being warned off of doing so by the Reagan Administration.

Democrat Nancy Pelosi who traveled to Syria in order to conduct unauthorized foreign policy negotiations with Al Assad, again promising a change in foreign policy with a Democrat in the White House, and won’t he please write her an illegal campaign contribution check to help that along.

Democrat Jesse Jackson who traveled to both Cuba and Nicaragua in order to conduct unauthorized negotiations with the Communist Leaders of those respective nations, promising that he could affect foreign policy. Or his unauthorized trip to Syria to negotiate the release of a US Navy airman shot down by Syria over Lebanon during the UN peacekeeping operations there, which was played up for maximum embarrassment to the US government.

Democrat Congressman Jim Wright who traveled to Nicaragua to conduct unauthorized negotiations with the Communist regime in power, based upon the hope of a Democrat winning the White House in 1988’s Presidential Election. His promise was that if they would simply talk nice for the remaining couple of years of a Reagan Presidency, then the Democrat successor would not pursue the same policy of aiding the Contras in their efforts to rid themselves of an oppressive Sandinista rule.

All Crickets.

6. Snoopy

George Soros has slipped GetUp another $1 million.

7. Grigory M

From Australian Conservatives today:

Dear custard,

Thank you for your interest in being a future Australian Conservatives candidate.
    I have noted your details in our database, and we will be in touch at a suitable time in the future.

We appreciate your support.

Kind regards,

Australian Conservatives

You are so like Corinne from The Bachelor. 😉

What treason is that, Monst?

Again, 87 days and not one single shred of evidence of any illegal activity. Zilch. Zip. Zero.

9. B Shaw

hahahhaha
    there’s no one like Grigory . . .

Hi Tal

We’re flat out at the call centre. Monster is a frequent caller.

B Shaw – Since fantasy was being invoked I figured SF was allowable too!

Speaking of which the Colin Kapp story reminded me of a short story by Arthur Porges called The Ruum. It’s a fine and terrifying little tale. And today the Ruum would be called Donald.

The link is The Ruum appeared in the Out Of This World #1 anthology and Colin Kapp’s awesome “The Railways Up On Canis” was in OOTW #2.

12. Snoopy

B Shaw
    #2297714, posted on February 15, 2017 at 6:48 pm
    hahahhaha
    there’s no one like Grigory . . .

Except..

13. Stimpson J. Cat

You first
    I asked first, and I said please.
    You my little SJW chap, are all offended by talk about fictional cruelties to a fictional lion, and therefore are not to be trusted.

14. B Shaw

hahahahaha. . . sorry, Custard

15. Zatara

Please tell me about that time Obama was implicated in possible treason.

Which one? Let’s go with this for now – Obama’s Iran Deal Is a Fraud on the American People

16. B Shaw

Okay, serious now.
    Kidney garnish with the mince for my birds. I’m going to give that a go.

17. Slayer of Memes

Zatara, but it’s different when they do it…

It’s only ebil Republicans who would dare try to cosy up to foreign governments to influence events domestically, or interfere with foreign elections (cf. Obama sending activists to Australia to help in the 2013 and 2016 federal elections)….

18. Baldrick

B Shaw
    #2297714, posted on February 15, 2017 at 6:48 pm
    hahahhaha
    there’s no one like Grigory . . .

Fuck off cockhead

19. B Shaw

Bruce of N

I see there’s more to you than meets the eye.
    Fine and terrifying tales. okay

20. Rabz

Please tell me about that time Obama was implicated in possible treason.

A plane load of cash to mullahs for starters.

Swooosh!

21. bystander

B Shaw

#2297714, posted on February 15, 2017 at 6:48 pm
    hahahhaha
    there’s no one like Grigory . . .

Well, that’s not quite correct.

22. 1/2 way through the year we got a new headmaster whos very pretty, very sheltered daughters life was ruined on day one by being allocated that desk..

How long was it before you were able to sit down again?

23. twostix

Minuteman m0nty just couldn’t hold it in a moment longer.

87 days and he’s already calling a decorated democrat general who served in the Obama admin a traitor and soviet spy or something dumb.

24. B Shaw

bystander,
    surely you laugh too? no?

As for me, I can’t look at that “dear custard’ post anymore
    it’s quite hilarious

But . . . . tastes vary

25. Stimpson J. Cat

B Shaw
    #2297720, posted on February 15, 2017 at 6:51 pm
    hahahahaha. . . sorry, Custard

Just embarassing.

26. Baldrick

B Shaw has outed itself as the next robbie mac aka Septimus aka Grigory M sock-puppet

Sad.

27. twostix

No wait…he’s calling the president of america a Soviet spy.

Buy shares in tinfoil the next 8 years are going to make the Code Pink BusHitler years look sane by comparison.

28. B Shaw

So what does the ‘J.’ stand for?
    Any clues?

GM – I’m wary of such studies since they don’t extend to the other axis – how much they eat. First, my lot only supplement their diet with what I provide – the chicks often spot a worm or a grub and dive at it even when I’m there with mince. Today one of them had a chunk of lizard(?) and was cackling with excitement on the fence for about 10 minutes. Fine entertainment. Second if they eat more of it they get more dietary minerals. Then they burn off or excrete the rest.

My lady kooka has been thriving on Coles mince for 6 years now. Her main problem has been lack of a decent nesting site until this last year. Now I have three fine young kookas to be friends with – two of whom will sit on my hand.

30. Tintarella di Luna

Wow Alex Wood has reached the goal on his goFundme page and is going to give each of the other students back their $5,000 and the money just keeps coming in . It is really amazing, $5, $10, Michael Kroger donated $1000 and quite a few donations of $1000 and$500 — people are really peeved about this injustice.

31. Grigory M

Give it a rest.

Et tu Trolly-Fants.

32. Nick

hahahhaha
    there’s no one like Grigory . . .

Once you press the flush button…..

33. Grigory M

Touché aussi.

[ Douché – if you prefer – the cap seem to fit ]

34. B Shaw

I see the mince as a supplement too, Bruce of N.
    None of my butcherbirds will sit on my hand; I don’t expect that.

But I don’t want to be feeding them anything that isn’t good for them.

35. A plane load of cash to mullahs for starters.

That was a repaid debt. You know, like the nine-figure debt that Trump still owes to Russian banks.

B Shaw – Quite a few SF readers on this blog. I first encountered the genre in year 7 in Macksville High School library, when I found the old Panther SF edition of Asimov’s “Foundation”. I was gone, smitten.

37. thefrolickingmole

How long was it before you were able to sit down again?

We got away scott free, every kid in class kept their yap shut and despite being guilty as sin we only had to sit through a whole-of-class “Dont turn empty desks into the 9th layer of hell/festering disease piles/biohazards talk.

38. alexnoaholdmate

I can understand why someone of the Leftist persuasion might come here to troll.

Understand, not excuse. But I get it. Stirrring up the nasty conservatives, etc…

But why the fuck does Testpattern/Numbers keep coming back just to be exposed as a fool, a liar, and a racist EVERY DAMN TIME?

Is it a masochistic thing? Something sexual?

No, I’m serious.

Literary rather than literal is a good way to describe Lewis’s fiction, Roger. Thanks.

You’re welcome, None.

40. Rabz

You know, like the nine-figure debt that Trump still owes to Russian banks.

#fakenews

41. Senile Old Guy

I still have those. Along with “I Robot”, “The Rest of the Robots” and “The Earth is Room Enough”.

42. Gab

CORY Bernardi’s New Australian Conservatives party has gained another member — a former Queensland Liberal National Party branch manager who was kicked out over a fundraising event he had invited former Prime Minister Tony Abbott to speak at.

Mark Chapman, the former manager of the LNP’s Bellbowrie branch, told The Australian yesterday he expected more disgruntled members of his former party to follow his lead.

43. B Shaw

Macksville – that’s the half-way mark!
    I’m going to give this a go. Am prepared to be smitten.
    I know someone who has a veritable library of vintage books of all kinds and I’ll see what he can rustle up for me. Asimov’s “Foundation”.

44. Beertruk

thefrolickingmole
    #2297672, posted on February 15, 2017 at 6:18 pm
    Tarquin/

Callsign Mole…callsign Beertruk…on target…30 rounds fire for effect.

45. Baldrick

Proof, intelligence ≠ common sense:

Bruce of Newcastle
    #2297747, posted on February 15, 2017 at 7:10 pm
    B Shaw – Quite a few SF readers on this blog. …

46. Geriatric Mayfly

Points taken Bruce regarding Kooka Centrelink. Elsewhere, I read: no more than an ounce each per day, so that they do not become dependent and will (as you observe) still dine au natural. But I do think it’s time for wimmin’s rights to enter the kooka framework. The bedraggled lady who arrives here, has been run off her wings attending to home duties. Maybe after the moult, she will tart herself up and cast off the image of the frazzled housewife.

47. Shelley

Tinta, I pledge to Alex’s gofundme page on Tuesday night, and anyway with work and all I didn;t get to pay immediately, went to do it tonight and sadly he posted a message saying he wasn’t going to collect any more. I sent him a message because I really want to realise the pledge to him. Especially for the injustice of it all.

None of my butcherbirds will sit on my hand

B Shaw – Likewise. I haven’t ever attempted to get them to.

But I don’t want to be feeding them anything that isn’t good for them.

Again I can just add an empirical observation: this year the pair of pied butcherbirds have three fine and healthy chicks. The parents have been coming by for about four years. My old friend the grey butcherbird came every day for nearly six years and had as many as four chicks per brood. The suburb is full of his progeny – but sadly he’s gone since a few months ago a young male (almost certainly one of his sons) drove him away. That young male is also friendly, so next season I hope he and his mate will continue in the great tradition.

I am of the opinion that much of what you read from experts in this matter is conceit. The critical issue is enough food. Everything else is secondary.

(Coda for GM – I’ve been waiting for Jacques to reboot the Cat this last half hour, so apologies if I’ve contradicted you.)

Especially for the injustice of it all.

I’ll bet good money that the “industry” makes sure that Cindy Price isn’t a dollar out of pocket.

50. B Shaw

To Baldrick

Clearly, you’ve been poorly raised, writing to a woman (at 6.54pm): “F… off c……d”.
    I will laugh at whatever comments I choose to laugh at.
    You should get over that.

There could be many people here who think you’re clever . . .
    But I think you’re a pissface.

51. Snoopy

A plane load of cash to mullahs for starters.

That was a repaid debt.

Yep this is how all international debts are settled. In cash. In secret.

It only became a debt repayment when the payment became public.

52. Stimpson J. Cat

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2280927, posted on January 31, 2017 at 11:21 pm
    Lizzie, you seem angry with me.
    “Babs” and “bro”??

Grigsie really?
    You look good in that dress.

B Shaw
    #2280932, posted on January 31, 2017 at 11:31 pm
    To Stimpson J. Cat
    I’ve been in detention for years. So long ago, I can’t be sure what bad thing I did. Perhaps you know.
    But, nevertheless, Sinclair D. has released me. I have thanked him.
    Please don’t try to draw me into arguments with silly accusations.
    Unless you are seeking to have me placed in detention again?
    (I am a long-time subscriber to the Quadrant magazine – when I’m not being frivolous, I am a serious person. So, show some respect, please, as areff did).
    Thank you.

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2280936, posted on January 31, 2017 at 11:37 pm

Yes ask me to show respect.
    Then call me silly.
    That will work.
    I can’t put you in detention you frightcat, only Sinc can do that.
    I know sometimes it seems like I am the boss of this blog based on my intellect and all round economic knowledge, but that is merely a common misconception made by sane people.
    Also namedropping annoys me unless I do it.
    Prove you are not Grigsie by sending nude photos to Sinc.

53. Snoopy

The ABC is always all over anything that embarrasses the LNP.

It’s not on the ABC, so it didn’t happen.

#FakeNews

54. She’s obviously not y0ur cup of tea, eh?
    So be it.

Careful, Mrs P.
    You’ve caught the attention of the Cat Corridor Monitors.

55. notafan

C S Lewis wrote the Narnia series as a fantasy series for children to enjoy.

Another one for the book burning pile they are not.

Analysising every single word for ‘doctrinal correctness’ is absurd, as is reading in anything about Lewis’s religious beliefs.

A bit too high Anglican was he?

56. B Shaw

To Stimpson J. Cat

You’re embarrassing me.
    It’s too much attention . . . all at once

I was nice to you. I said: “you can call me Barbara – if you want”

57. Baldrick

B Shaw
    #2297783, posted on February 15, 2017 at 8:26 pm
    To Baldrick …

To B Shaw – fuck off cockhead

58. notafan

MV.

I’ve done a couple of catchups at the cat.

Seems there are more puppets than first thought.

Am on the train right now. Three surete just came through. Ever present in France.

I hope Le Pen wins. France is worth keeping. We joined in reciting the rosary at the Cathedral yesterday. Listening to the( quite young) priest saying the first part of the Hail Mary in French was ambrosia.

59. Rev. Archibald

Is there anyone on here who isn’t one of boring Grogoolies cock puppets?

Baldrick – Pls be a little chivalrous. Ms Shaw is a lady.
    No she is not Grigory.

France is worth keeping.

#charlesmartel

62. Baldrick

I don’t give a toss if B Shaw is Septimus or not.
    He/She/It is still a cockhead.

63. C S Lewis wrote the Narnia series as a fantasy series for children to enjoy.
    Another one for the book burning pile they are not.

I’m sorry Nota, but you are very wrong.
    The Narnia books need to be banned on so many levels:

Children, unaccompanied by a responsible adult, are nonetheless able to pass freely into an alternative world where they could well be injured or even killed, via a deceptively innocent-looking wardrobe. Yet there are no warning signs, no health hazard notifications, no equivalent of pool fencing. Not even a Lolipop man to ensure a safe crossing.

In this alternative world the children are predestined to become a princess and princes. The girl is predestined to become a princess and the boys princes. This is typical patriarchal gender assignment. What if the girl wants to be a prince, and boys princesses, or even queens? At what point, prior to entry, were the children lectured on gender fluidity?

I could quote countless more examples, but I’m sure you now understand how dangerous these books are. Think of the children!

64. Grigory M

Glib – I trust you were not lollygagging around on the blog again while I was out on the road drumming up business. Quite a productive day for me – 10.00 am discussions over coffee within a stone’s throw of those mountains of black coal that Newcastle is now famous for – then very friendly discussions over a delicious long lunch at the Belmont Sailing Club. Back at the Northern Beaches “mansion” just after 5.30 pm.

Oh – I had the Crab Salad and 2 middies of Carlton Dry. 🙂

65. Mother Lode

I don’t remember hearing a single thing about the nefarious transactions between Trump and the Russians before he won, except the shocking report that Putin said it would be easier to work with him than that shambling, incontinent dotard, Hillary. But even the Secret Service says that.

Since he won there is suddenly evidence of all manner of machinations everywhere. Clandestine deals, billions in debts, embarrassing blackmail footage…

The left’s leading lights are sooo retarded.

66. notafan

Two girls MV, Lucy and Susan.

The frightnazis were aghast at the finale for Susan and have reimagined her as a thoroughly modern woman.

So banal.

67. Eyrie

Thanks BoN, it must be 50 years since I read “the Ruum”. I see you called it SF too. Not sci-fi. A true fan.

68. Two girls MV, Lucy and Susan.

Sorry, Nota. The memory’s a bit fuzzy. I read them to #1 son over 25 years ago.
    And only once. Not his fav. He got “Lord of the Rings” four times, and “Once and Future King” three times. When he asked for LotR a fifth time, he was eleven years old and I made him read it back to Mrs MV and I instead.

Lewis, Tolkien and White. Delicious, meaty reading for kids of any age. 😀

It’s fun hanging out on the dead fred. You can avoid the baleful eye of the perennially judgemental.

How’s Europe Nota?

71. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Excellent commenting on C. S. Lewis from Roger and Stimpy. And Calli, who sees the mythological glory of it all as well as the held fast Christian context. Great to read all of you. Presently we are babysitting a 9 month old teething baby at ours as well as our own so the parents can have a late Valentine’s dinner out. The little one is familiar with me but still a handful; just got her down humming away at ‘Drink to me only with thine eyes’. How sweet are babes as they shudder from those final tears into elfin dreams.

Johanna is a troll. Sat in Hairy’s outer office this afternoon and saw him in his most assertive and stern mode. Gravitas personified. Underlings scattered as soon as they were able. He is right. Fire her. My only response to her in future here is to remind her that she is a failed dominatrix and fired troll. That others may think differenly is their business not mine. She likely is not trolling them but she is certsinly trolling me. My response will not change. Enough is enough. It is Sinc’s log and of ourse she is welcome here. He has told me himself that I am.

72. Denise

Bruce, if you google ‘The Mule- foundation’ you’ll find that some are comparing DJT to the Mule for being similarly tyrannical. I think DJT is like the Mule in being a wild card just when ‘they’ thought the mob were utterly predictable and thus malleable.
    Akhenaton was another such. I hope DJT isn’t just going to be a speed bump on the road to Zombie Utopia.

Nota as you believe mere men but not the Bible infallible there’s no point in any further conversation between us. I believe that when the Almighty says that He hates mixture and the unfruitful works of darkness that’s what He means. CS Lewis was sincere but misguided. The satyr plays of Ancient Greece were uncouth and crass. It is an insult to God to have Silenus et al in the retinue of Aslan. I don’t believe in neutrality in literature. Tolkien was a powerful writer also but gave my generation of youth the erroneous impression that good magic was Ok. The Bible condemns all occultism. No need to turn into a Rottweiler every time someone expresses an opinion that doesn’t conform to your shibboleths. We are to rebuke a brother in a spirit of meekness. Seemingly too hard. So just scroll by.
    If you object to what’s it in the Bible take it up with it’s Creator. I’m only quoting what He said.

73. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

On my phone on the sofa so excuse typos.

74. notafan

Oh do tell Denise.

You read in anything you like to the Bible because you think your interpretation is infallible.

Give me Christ in the Eucharist than some tedious preacherman/woman anytime.

You only have words as dry crumbs against the Bread of Life.

Good luck with that. As for my mere men, you forgot to add ‘whore of babylon’.

I can say what I please btw.

75. notafan

Calli

We are in the very south west corner of France.

Superb.

On our way to Lourdes on the train and enjoying the French countryside in bright sunshine. What to say about waking up to cathedral bells in the morning, walking down to buy a freshly baked croisant then strolling down by the river before looking at paintings of locals dancing the fandango?

The presentation of food here is exquisite, every shop window a delight, the tudor buildings unworldly
    The French do culture so well, I hope they have the heart to keep it.

76. If you object to what’s it in the Bible take it up with it’s Creator.

Sorry, no can do. Francis Bacon is long gone.

77. notafan

Oh and the frightnazi comment wasnt directed at you Denise.

I was quite clear, I thought, that I was talking about the sjws who have reimagined Susan as a modern woman.

Plenty of references on the internet.

78. Stimpson J. Cat

Ladies arguing over Jesus is hot.

🙂

79. B Shaw

Who’s a kook?

But altogether loveable

80. Obama’s secret crates of billions in cash for Iran – which cash is meant for Tehran’s nuclear bomb – is the biggest crime ever committed by a US President and one of the worst crimes committed by any leader of any nation in history. It’s going to take a lot more than Flynn’s resignation to stop Trump and his team from revealing all about Barack Hussein’s actions and from reversing them. It’s a no-brainer, electorally.

This shit is real. A stupid lefty mate fell silent after another anti Trump tirade when I pointed out Obama’s enabling of Iran.

At first I thought that the unmarked notes were for terrorism, but they should also buy nuclear weapons parts.

I wonder even if it’s worth Trump making a truce with the CIA to go after the biggest fish of all, but then I realised that the CIA are utterly untrustworthy and full of Democrat plants.

Maybe the best thing would be a Trump assassination to reveal the deep state, but of course it would brushed off as “the actions of some mentally unstable lunatic”.

Like Lee Harvey Oswald.

81. Top Ender

Wasn’t there a Cat who was building a tunnel to the backyard shed?

Now:

Johnny Depp wants to create his own private compound by building a series of underground tunnels that would connect five of his Hollywood Hills homes.

The actor owns five neighbouring houses in a cul-de-sac and is wanting to install the underground tunnel system, seemingly for privacy. A source told the magazine that “He’s been buying them up over the years. He wanted to build a gate to stop the tour buses from coming up there.”

Depp is pictured with several safety pins stuck through one ear. People pay money to him?

1 3 4 5