Monday Forum: March 20, 2017

1,317 Responses to Monday Forum: March 20, 2017

1 4 5 6

Look who’s arrived in total agreement with the Rooster. Seriously, you nincompoops should head off to bed, as you’re embarrassing yourselves.

2. Stimpson J. Cat

What sane adult would waste his time all day long – all day long – behaving in this manner?

Some of us don’t have a choice about being a sane adult Mick.
    Don’t be racist.
    😆

3. Stimpson J. Cat

I’m going to bed.
    Last one out hose it down please.
    The girls can’t be trusted.

Rones, where did you get that stat? I hope it wasn’t a cuckolds blog because I wouldn’t put much faith in what they come up with. It’s just to make you all feel better.

5. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From BrettW at 2:02 am:

“JC,
    … the classic bully. Note how you always resort to mentioning some sort of gang picking on you”

Over the past three weeks or so this drongo and a couple of others have mounted a concerted campaign against Johanna, on and on and on for days on end. Yet he/they squeals like a pig about “ganging up”, as would a surly 14 year old in the Year 10 common room. Ostensibly adults – way too funny.

I love my fan club. I really do love you guys (and cuckolds).

So should anyone accusing of someone else of a breach of the Defense act, accusing them of being a returned serviceman, where they always denied having being one. Nincompoop is a useful word. Give it away, JC, you really are past it all. The Young Turks are taking over, and poor funny old JC is left behind…

8. OneWorldGovernment

Pretty amazing that all Trump has said about NATO is pay your share.

Turns out that Germany has not.

9. Mick,
    Just had a look on that incentives thread. You got him good. Yet another example of his total devotion to being a Troll. However one I remember from over a year ago was when Zulu came on one night and just said Good Evening and it set JC off.

Definitely major issues. Could it be problems at work or at home or just his nature. Never seen anybody try so hard at being a dick.

His shrink must be making a fortune conning him there is a cure for what he has.

Old lined Rones and very tiresome.

More to the point where did you unearth that stat and why are you so interested?

11. OneWorldGovernment

JC,

which do you think is the Fed Bank that has the best stats?

12. OneWorldGovernment

Merely a question JC.

13. Top Ender

Dexter would have been an admirable Cat:

Colin Dexter, author of the Inspector Morse series, died at his home in Oxford this morning.
    The crime writer, 86, was known for his novels, which were written between 1975 and 1999 and later became an ITV series from 1987 to 2000.
    Dexter won many awards for his work and was given an OBE for his services to literature 17 years ago. He was also awarded the Freedom of Oxford in 2001.
    A statement from his publisher, Macmillan, said: ‘With immense sadness, Macmillan announces the death of Colin Dexter, who died peacefully at home in Oxford this morning.’
    He was born as Norman Colin Dexter in 1930 in Stamford, Lincolnshire, and studied classics at Cambridge University and became a teacher and author of textbooks before turning to fiction.
    ‘Last Bus to Woodstock,’ published in 1975, introduced Morse, a curmudgeonly detective with a love of classical music and crosswords – and for a long time, no first name, at least not one revealed to readers.
    The character was played by John Thaw in a successful TV series that ran from 1987 to 2000.

Link

14. OneWorldGovernment

Top Ender
    #2333343, posted on March 22, 2017 at 2:25 am

Dexter would have been an admirable Cat:

Colin Dexter, author of the Inspector Morse series

Hail.

15. Gotta go JC. Been fun chatting.

Watch out for those hipsters.

Good Evening and it set JC off.

Rooster, Ronery is very inappropriate in this blog. He’s just out of his depth and most of the stuff he posts here is just Facebook-like junk and persistently dull. Lord, he’s been on and on about aboriginals for months now. FFS.

He treats the place like a primitive form of Facebook. That’s the word, he’s very primitive.

Mickie once tried his hand at having an economics discussion and he came up with some diabolical comment that his boss never looked at the economists forecasts preferring line managements’. That’s it.

Of course, then there’s you becoming the self appointed 2GB reporteur here with nothing more to say other than whine about me

It’s not working. It really isn’t no matter how much abuse you guys throw at me. It’s not my fault that you’re useless and have people like Yobbo never showing up here because of what you’ve done to this place.

Primitive, coarse and dull. PCD. That’s how best I can describe you. I know it upsets you all, but frankly don’t blame me. Blame yourselves.

Feeling insecure are we?

18. Mick Gold Coast QLD

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha – I just stumbled over this note lying about. I think it refers to you, which is interesting given the gutless accusations by Mr Muscles in 2015 about you claiming Vietnam service:

At catallaxyfiles.com:

May 12, 2013 at 5:00 pm, from Zulu Kilo Two Alpha “Not a Viet Nam veteran”
    September 21, 2013 at 8:25 am, from Zulu Kilo Two Alpha “I am not a Viet Nam veteran”
    May 1, 2015 at 12:14 am, from Zulu Kilo Two Alpha “I’m not a Viet Nam veteran”

and from michaelsmithnews.com:

December 10, 2012 at 11:29 pm, from Zulu Kilo Two Alpha “I am not a Viet Nam veteran”
    January 24 2013 at 11:15 pm, from Zulu Kilo Two Alpha “I am not a Viet Nam veteran”

Well whaddya know about that, how inconvenient! Was JC telling lies, again?

which do you think is the Fed Bank that has the best stats?

St Louis Fed. They have incredible stats and stuff.

20. OneWorldGovernment

JC
    #2333350, posted on March 22, 2017 at 2:32 am

which do you think is the Fed Bank that has the best stats?

St Louis Fed. They have incredible stats and stuff.

Tank you.

21. OneWorldGovernment

Even Thank you

Well whaddya know about that, how inconvenient! Was JC telling lies, again?

Never bothered JC before, why should it now?

23. Mick Gold Coast QLD

That sound you hear from the Open Forum is thundering silence, broken only by the faint rustling of papers in the other room as JC bangs off a fax to the owner demanding a new thread pronto.

Ronery

Upthread you mentioned that it was two years since I commented about your Vietnam service. I still do believe you said such a thing because you’re naturally a very boastful person with self esteem problems. I don’t mention it, but as sure as night follows day, you accuse me of lying about this as though I’m bringing up all the time. I haven’t, you have for two years!. It’s either feigned pain, because you have nothing else to say, or you’re rally hurt about it. Either way I don’t give a shit. Bringing this up and calling me a liar every time you force contact with me is pathetic and sad. This is a good example why you were cheated on. Can you see it?

25. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From JC at 2:54 am:

“Ronery [just who is this “Ronery”?]

dictionary.com has a special word describing this JC palooka:

“The unscrupulous person is without scruples of conscience, and disregards, or has contempt for, laws of right or justice with which he or she is perfectly well acquainted, and which should restrain his or her actions: unscrupulous in methods of making money, in taking advantage”

I’m moving up to the Goldcoast.

27. OneWorldGovernment

El Salvadorians around Townsville are the best.

28. Hydra

Tell you what, help out in pointing out when someone is dragging down the blog.
    How about a little recognition too.
    1860’s military history of the eastern Belgian Congo has been reduced materially. Outbacking and pubbling is at the atomic level, stupidity has been reduced although not satisfactorily at this point, conspiracy theories have been axed (although pre-antisemtism Bird’s were always a fun read).

These are your fun posts that I do like to read, JC.

29. Notafan

By Johannes Leak. At the Paywallian.

No one should rest until the noxious instrument of the state, the AHRC, is abolished.

As Caroline Overington said in another article if Australia is so racist why do half a million people a year apply to come here?

Dad was the least racist person you could meet

VDH has another fine essay today:

Monasteries of the Mind

When everything is politicized, people retreat into mental mountaintops — dreams of the past and fantasies of the future.

31. johanna

Thanks, Top Ender, for flagging the demise of Inspector Morse creator Colin Dexter. His books are well worth a read – erudite without being snobbish or smartarse, nifty plots, and a colourful palette of characters. Even if you have seen the TV adaptations (which are very good) they inevitably have to leave out a lot of the detail and some of the sub-plots.

I loved the photos of him – he seems to have been a jolly chap, quite unlike his famous creation.

It is also worth noting that he wrote in the almost lost tradition of the Golden Era of British crime writers, and stuck to the rules. No information withheld from the reader, no supernatural interventions, the challenge being to keep the reader guessing despite that.

Vale Colin, who wrote textbooks for a living. I bet they were damn good.

32. OneWorldGovernment

Hey BoN.

I said this before.

Monty will know.

I hereby declare war on America..

33. OneWorldGovernment

lets bomb the fuck out of everything to do with America.

34. feelthebern

Janet A was good on Bolta last night re 18C.
    She said : “If Malcolm thinks he can dabble in this issue & then scurry away if it all seems too hard, it would be very poorly advised”.

35. OneWorldGovernment

and then let us blow away anything to do with Japan

36. OneWorldGovernment

and China will be destroyed tomorrow.

37. OneWorldGovernment

I want the coal fired power station blown away now.

38. OneWorldGovernment

then i want every major capital city reduced to the fking rubble it is.

39. OneWorldGovernment

then i’ll stop.

40. OneWorldGovernment

all universities should be shifted at least 500 kilometers outside their origin so the land can be used for inner city housing.

41. OneWorldGovernment

bombs should be dropped on council/shire offices.

Just pop over to the side, guys. Continue your conversation, no need to stop. The minions are just backing up the skip. Should be able to load it easily if I just pop the sliding door.

Hells bells! The scatter cushions! Philippa is going to be soooo cross.

43. Notafan

Lots of ALP people on the ALP page were either Hi Alans or genuinely nope 18c has to go when the ALP put up a keep 18c stop hate speech! post.
    I suspect the later

I like your last 2 suggestions OWG

Yesterday a Cat posted some of Gail Kelly’s frantic hand-waving on climate change and other corporate SJW-ing.

Shame about this. It’s an old-ish story, atrached to this one from today. Westpac replaces 15,000 computers per annum.

Seems, like the elephant’s graveyard, they go to Africa to die.

45. johanna

OWG – the great Eric Burdon!

Who would have thunk that a stunted, acne ridden, asthmatic, ugly little bloke from a working class background would become one of the greatest and most popular singers of his era? He certainly had guts and drive, as well as formidable talent. As a white blues singer, he is hard to beat.

“When I was Young” is in fact a portrait of his childhood. It still moves me, even though I’ve heard it many dozens of times.

And, the voice. There are not many baritones in popular music, or anywhere, I suppose. The vast majority of male singers are tenors. Ah lurves a nice rumbly baritone. Captain Beefheart, come on down!

Girls love baritones – Bazza White being the Barbara Cartland of the genre.

46. john constantine

Their yarragrad water Nazgul, lisa nevfilth, announces Grim Reaper Hot Water policy.

Showers in the growing Big Melbournibad are centrally planned to be Two Hundred and Forty seconds long in their future.

The increase in the hot water ration is to be gladly welcomed by the proles as social justice.

Their water Nazgul has overseen the eternal and fundemental transformation of the rivers into drainage lines, where the deindustrialised river dumps unharvested dewesternised water out to sea.

Their yarragrad central State plan also describes private gardening as a waste of the States water, and Unsound in a Big Melbournibad of teeming tenant herds and settlement plantations.

Their left will import clients and tenants from the third world in massive numbers to beat the housing cycle and eternally lock in leftist government.

The obsolete proles will become so rich that they can look forward to ever increasing hot water rations on most days, or maybe weekly, and the proles will become so wealthy that the State says they no longer have to garden.

47. struth

Good Moaning…………………
    The Animals.
    Can take them or leave them.
    A lot of that late sixties early drug culture stuff leaves me cold, and as for “when I was young”, I can’t get past …..and for girls I had a bad yen…..for poorly written crap to try to rhyme with ten.
    It sticks out like dog’s balls, and hey, lyrics don’t have to be ingenious and clever, but that grates me.
    And the song never ends.
    He does hit some highish notes on The house of the rising Sun.

48. struth

And sorry Johanna, it’s also one of those things that now, every time you hear “and for girls I had a bad yen” you’ll now notice it too.
    Sorry.

49. dweezy2176

Sometimes I luv growing old! Especially when it involves waking up to the news another of life’s scum has left us … Martin McGuiness .. long overdue departure! .. such a pity it wasn’t an extremely painful end .. start shovelin’, “Marty”, mustn’t let the fires get low………..!

50. cynical1

Good news for you Applefags today. Apple has unveiled their latest color and it’s blood red. All monies earned through the sale of the red iPhone will go towards programs for HIV and AIDS — because nothing says ‘fuck aids’ like buying a $750 red phone, making oneself look like a Russian communist Nazi bastard in the process.

The new ‘special ed’ phone will come in 128gb and 256gb configurations.

Does it come in the “Unhacked by the CIA” version?

And who trousered the lazy million to unlock the raghead shooter’s phone…

51. struth

I think it was cancer dweezy2176….I don’t think it would have been fun.

52. Gab

Dad was the least racist person you could meet

by his son, Johannes Leak.

The cartoon that led to Dad being hauled before the Human Rights Commission was not racist. ­Rather, it drew attention to an ­unpalatable truth about Aboriginal disadvantage, a truth that some people would prefer was not ­exposed or discussed.

For this, Dad was subjected to a vicious campaign of online venom, outright libel by some media outlets and state-sanctioned harassment by the AHRC. He overstepped the PC line, a line that should never even exist in a free society.

Section 18C and the AHRC gave many people licence to ­accuse my Dad of the abhorrent crime of racism. Anybody who knew my Dad knows that he was the least racist person you could meet.

At his memorial on Friday were some people whom he had often lampooned in cartoons, but even these people knew that my Dad never once drew a cartoon out of malice — he only ever wanted to amuse, inform and possibly enlighten.

If the supporters of section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act, such as Bill Shorten and Tanya Plibersek, want to know what real vilification looks like, they need only look at what happened to my Dad and our family. It was genuinely offensive and placed him under enormous stress.

Other cartoonists, journalists and commentators will have seen what happened to him and thought there were some risks not worth taking. The process was the punishment, and many people heeded the warning.

The changes announced by Malcolm Turnbull will weaken the grip of the AHRC on free speech, but it is difficult for the family to see any bright side to Dad’s death at this time.

Dad knew politics works at a glacial pace, but this change took way too long.

He will be seen as a martyr to the cause.

Dad wanted to see the abolition of 18C and the AHRC. The AHRC is not only incompetent, it is sinister in the way it pursues its biased agenda.

It is still not off the hook.

Criminal law places reasonable restrictions on what can be published regarding incitement and criticism. Dad had no problem with any of that. His only ­objection was against the laws that restricted him from exposing the truth, and the thought police who enforced them.

Those laws, and those thought police, represent the slippery slope towards totalitarianism.

53. cynical1

It’s sad.

That Adams wasn’t with him and cause of death was a hail of bullets…

54. srr

There are times when you wish all the lying dogs were right, and you were wrong … and then you simply accept; we were forewarned, and He can’t lie –

Jordan B Peterson‏ @jordanbpeterson 6h6 hours ago

Say it isn’t so, Joe: Gaming the system, scientific ‘cartels’ band together to cite each others’ work
    https://www.statnews.com/2017/01/13/citation-cartels-science/ … via @statnews
    Jordan B Peterson‏ @jordanbpeterson 17m17 minutes ago

UT Med Education falls prey to indoctrination. Acronym list attached.
    Definition of equity attached. Equal opportunity no longer enough

55. johanna

struth
    #2333398, posted on March 22, 2017 at 7:59 am

Sorry.

Nope.

I have always thought that it was clumsy too, but it is a minor flaw in a masterpiece.

Besides, if you start running that ruler over popular music, it would look like the aftermath of the Battle of the Somme. 🙂

56. srr

Jordan B Peterson‏ @jordanbpeterson 19m19 minutes ago
    When does this become self-evidently absurd?
    Understand: we are making it mandatory
    for future physicians to support equality of outcome.

Understand: equity means all systems that do not produce exactly equal outcomes for everyone are prejudiced/corrupt/must be re-engineered.
    And guess who will do the re-engineering?

57. struth

Well done to Johannes.
    God bless you mate.
    To write this so soon after your dad’s passing shows a strength of character noteworthy for sure.
    The clarity of thought, and the integrity in the statement made during a time where you have every right to be insanely angry is a testament to you and to the way your father raised you.
    You just went too easy on them with the last statement.
    They simply ARE totalitarian, and at the bottom of the slippery slope.

58. val majkus

new thread everyone!

59. Baldrick

Thanks for the post Gab:

Exactly and the current sell-out by alleged conservatives with tweaking the wording and the process is like putting a band-aid over a boil, instead of lancing the whole pustulous infection.

60. Notafan

From the Telegraph.

So the airport security in some countries can’t be trusted.

Egypt Turkey Tunisia Jordan Lebanon and Saudi Arabia.

What is the common denominator?

I cannot ken.

The UK to follow suit and ban electronic devices on board flights from designated countries.

61. struth

Nope.

Yep.

But to each their own when it comes to music.
    I used to change lyrics to songs in my cover band days.
    People always came up to me and said, I just heard blah blah song on the radio, and I was singing your lyrics to it.
    I didn’t realise they weren’t right.
    I changed them every now and then for humour but most of the time I just forgot the lyrics and made shit up on the spot.
    Ten years from now, you’ll be cracking open a red, a few nibblies on the go, listening to “when I was young” , and when “and for girls I had a bad yen” comes on, you and anyone reading this that now listens to it, will now, like a hypnotist’s finger snap, think of me…………………..thunder clap, evil laugh.
    I will say no more on the subject, except to say, I have just used the power of music to get inside your head………………….louder thunder, more evil laughing…………………fades out to commercials.

62. Geriatric Mayfly

History has many an interesting byway. In the frantic attempt to build the atom bomb, separate projects were undertaken in great secrecy at several locations. One in the Tennessee Valley where there was an abundant supply of power (hydro-not wind) to charge up the gigantic magnets, which were deemed integral to the quest of trying to separate the two Uranium isotopes. Because of the war, the massive amount of copper for the windings could not be found. Consequently, silver was appropriated from the US Treasury “on loan” and the magnets wound in precious metal. After the experiment, it was returned to Treasury.

1 4 5 6