Monday Forum: March 20, 2017

1,317 Responses to Monday Forum: March 20, 2017

1. Muddy

As I am sure you know, that photo of Private GC Whittington, was taken at Buna on Christmas Day 1942.
    By George Silk. The other, similar, photo of a blinded digger being helped by a mate across a creek, and frequently claimed by our lazy media to represent Kokoda, was in fact taken at Allen’s Creek just west of Bobdubi Ridge, Salamaua, New Guinea, in July or August (forget which), 1943, long after Kokoda had been re-entered. It was a still from newsreel footage by the famous Damien Parer, who then had only one year to live, being killed in action on the island of Peleliu with the U.S. Marines after getting jack of the Australian authorities.

2. Geriatric Mayfly

To everything there is a season. A bulletin from the feeder tray. After several months of absence the Red Browed Finches have returned. The Yellow Faced Honey eaters have departed, having presented at least two clutches of descendants since the spring. The fecundity of the scrub wrens in the same period, has ensured the survival of the species well into the future, and the bespoke tailoring of their plumage already suggests that the chemistry of further dalliances is in safe hands. Likewise the blue wrens; although Mr Wren has now lost all his vibrant paint and makeup, with which he dazzled the ladies last September. The New Holland honeyeaters still arrive for ritual ablutions only. My honeyeater food is not halal. The thornbills being the smallest, dart in and out while the bullies are not looking. And in the garden the kookas arrive on an ad hoc basis, and yesterday the neighbourhood did rinse and ring* with the
    limpid song of the first returning grey thrush, long hiding somewhere from the Dreadful Heat. The house magpies remain a permanent fixture. Flame robins yet to arrive.
    * Apologies to G.M.Hopkins.

Thanks for the tip about Popski, just borrowed the book from the Open Library.

Mark – the one I read recently was actually “Fighting With Popski’s Private Army” by Robert (Park) Yunnie, one of Peniakoff’s officers. Rollicking tale. I haven’t read Peniakoff’s account so I don’t know what it’s like.

4. Beachside

Bruce of Newcastle
    #2331734, posted on March 20, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Beachside – That’s fun! It’s around midnight and Mrs Bald Eagle is asleep in the middle of the nest, so being early Spring I suspect some eaglets will arrive soon.

Café Bruce has a quiet patch at the moment. The rain means the kookas have been in clover, feasting on worms driven to the surface by the wet. Berry season has arrived too, so the currawongs are mostly away to load up on fruit and search out nice places to nest. Even the rainbow lorikeets have disappeared – I haven’t seen any today.

Bruce – less than a week ago ‘The First Lady’ was sitting on a nest entirely covered in snow.

A couple of years ago I was watching, on a fairly regular basis, a live cam of a B.E. nest and the three hatchlings that over a period of a week or so hatched in a State Park somewhere in Virginia – unfortunately the nest was close to an airport and the mother Bald Eagle while out getting dinner one afternoon, came to grief with a plane coming in for landing. Sad day ;-( The crew who manned the cameras and took turns chatting with regulars on the live feed blog roster stepped in and took the hatchlings to a sanctuary where they all survived and thrived.

Your Café Bruce is very entertaining. I often check in here just to see what’s happening with your ‘feathered friends’ as I feed a Magpie family, and a Butcherbird pair, along with a Brushtail Possum and a couple of Ringtails. It keeps one busy, and off the streets, and out of trouble. ;-))

5. thefrolickingmole

Popskis private army is a good read.
    Badly shot up by the end of the war as well.

Not Lizzie no phone from Tamworth?

Nah. She would be LithsB.

7. thefrolickingmole

Good page on Popski here.
    Part way down the sidebar is the badge.

44,000 solar rooftop panels, previously exempt from business taxes, will now face a wall of expenses as the government finally takes its share of profits. This does not bode well for the UK’s solar industry, which seems to be extremely sensitive to governmental policy changes – when subsidies were cut last year, the industry lost 12,000 jobs and growth fell 85 percent.

The solar industry, of course, is outraged by the direction the government is moving. Many are claiming these taxes will undermine all the progress the government has sought after for so long in the renewable energy sphere.

h/t SDA

9. hzhousewife

Any other hold outs out there?

Never been on spacechook, need the time to investigate things like Open Library.

10. bystander

The family tree seems to be:

P – the mother
    Septimus (name change to Grig – the son
    Lucie/B Shaw/ Robbie Mac – Grig’s sister, and most likely, also his wife.

11. Gab

Darlings, must you all sully every open forum thread with comments about Grigory M?

Let it go.

Elizabeth (Libby) Zee

Cut the crap Septimus, GrigoryM, 1234, Robbie Mac et al. We all know it’s you.

Yet another cock sock-in-a-frock?

13. Rev. Archibald

Heh.
    If you had picked the right timing over the last month you could have made over 80% on Slaters shares this month as they circled the plughole bobbing up and down.

Some sully of their own accord.

Other have sullying thrust upon them.

15. Rev. Archibald

This month this month.
    Flaming illiterate retard

16. Baldrick

Bolt on Sky News now wants to give Michael Trumble a chance to reform.

Nothing new however from the Stupid.Fucking.Liberal.Party’s social research, corporate strategy and political polling guru Mark Textor, who said of conservative voters, “The qualitative evidence is they don’t matter.”

17. Elizabeth (Libby) Zee

An interesting take on a tragic event. Two young Pakistanis, students at Newcastle University, decided to video each other on the rocks at Nobby’s Beach next to dangerous surf. Both were washed into the sea , one has been rescued, the other is missing presumed drowned. Now there are calls saying that the University should have warned them of the danger.

18. johanna

Never been on Spacechook or similar sites. Always been suspicious of online snooping by the proprieters or by hackers.

Life has not ground to a halt. It is not as if there are no alternative means of communication.

That said, obviously some people and businesses need it as part of their social media “suite.”

19. thefrolickingmole

Rev. Archibald

Thats like playing “pass the parcel of burning polonium laced, AIDs infected, 1/2 semtex shit”, you really, really dont want to be the last one holding the bag.

Elizabeth – Surf warnings broadcast for days.

21. Rev. Archibald

Come on Mole, live a little.
    Wait till they hit four cents, then put everything* you have on it.

* disclaimer: the Reverend has lost money on every single thing he has ever invested in. Ever.

22. Snoopy

So everyone agrees. There was absolutely no evidence gathered under the Obama administration of the Trump campaign colluding with the Russians during the election campaign.

23. Rev. Archibald

Oh, except those Qantas shares.

24. jupes

Well done Marsh and Handscomb.

One of the most important sessions for Australia in the last couple of decades.

25. Shy Ted

Good to see Sesame Street introducing an autistic character. Let’s hope a puppet with Tourettes Syndrome is next. So many possible responses to Big Bird saying “hello”.

26. bystander

Ah! Shaun Marsh – villain one day – hero the next.

27. srr

This Week in Stupid (19/03/2017)
    Sargon of Akkad

Beachside – Thanks! For some fun here’s a photo I took a week ago. Today may be the day.

He’s a male koel, who has become amazingly friendly in the last month. Koels are driven to feed up this time of year because they migrate to Queensland and PNG for winter. So late February and early March is the best time to coax them in. I say it maybe ‘the’ day because he was here this morning but not this afternoon. I hope he has a good flight!

29. Trader Perth

I inherited 86 units ,valued at sixpence a unit in a company called ‘M&V Buggy Whips of Birmingham’. I’m sitting on them till they reach a shilling .

30. DrBeauGan

Acute coprolalia would be much more educational for the littlies.

I inherited shares in Bell Group, anyone know what happened to them?

32. Zyconoclast

Leigh Sales interviews five 17-18 year old teens boy about stuff. Not one is studying any of the STEM. When I heard they were doing artsy type stuff except one doing construction management (whatever that is).
    First question was about girls and body image. I turned off.

33. Trader Perth

Zulu….I’ll take the lot.

34. Tintarella di Luna

Q & A –

Wadah Khanfar – former director general of Al Jazeera Network, Claire Wardle – First Draft News, Mark Day, Journalist The Australian, Zed Seselja Assistant Minister for Social Service and something else proly multiculti, and the Lipsticked Drain aka Terri “i’m a layer” Butler, all round big mouth and Labor hacked — really really big shew tonight Ladies and Ladies

35. Rev. Archibald

Yes, I may buy some slugs shares to hang on to for the grandchildren I haven’t got yet.

36. Stimpson J. Cat

Let it go.

Don’t let them in, don’t let them see
    Be the good Grig you always had to be
    Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know
    Well now they know……..

Let it go, let it go!

37. Zyconoclast

Any other hold outs out there?
    I’ve never done Face Book.

I might after I have my brain extraction surgery.

Lizzie – I’m sad about that. Lots of OS students come to study at Uni Ncl, which is pretty good. So many OS people drown at Australian beaches every summer it isn’t funny.

I’ve mentioned before how at our office we had five Russian summer students appear one day. Our office lady took them under her wing. The first request was to see the sea. The two lady students had never done so before. So off they went down to Nobbys at 5pm to paddle in the waves. They were gorgeous kiddies. And they could drink any Aussie under the table, as they later proved. 😀

LOL. On the subject of obvious frauds, this just appeared in my Inbox:

Success!
    HTMLÂ You have received EUR 62,345.50 on your account!
    This amount has been added on {$date}

Dear trader,
    We would like to take this time to congratulate you with your CALL in february, we KNOW you will grow your revenue even further in March. You have inspired many, we hope you continue to do so.
    Â
    Redeem your February profit before or on {$date}!

Yikes! I’m rich!

😃

Why doesn’t SBS justify its existence and warn the unwary of dangers of surf and rivers.

41. johanna

People ignore warnings about dangerous surf conditions or flooding hazards all the time, and it regularly proves to be fatal. Rock fishing done by the uninformed or people who think they are immortal is very dangerous indeed.

It seems to be a quirk of human nature.

42. BrettW

Serious news from The Age :

“The Australian Grand Prix should be stripped of government funding until “grid girls” are scrapped from the event, the Victorian Greens say”.

I forgot an image to go with my sudden riches.

44. bystander

Hey Calli, that is AUD 86,837.35. That will buy you a two week trip to Europe.

johanna
    #2331894, posted on March 20, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Then again private, face to face conversations never meant to be detailed on the web also end up here. Can you explain how that happens, you offensive, despicable oaf?

46. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

+1 Can’t see the point of it. I have enough trouble finding time to phone my friends. Plus Hairy says it is insecure and Zuckerberg should not be encouraged as he is immoral re climatic change and a dictator.

Stimpy – sometimes I too feel like biting a tree in sheer revenge when it grows out a (minor) part of my harbor view and the greenies stop me slicing it at the top.
    =======

Libby!! How wonderful. You are alive. Last I heard you were in a Russian brothel, or was that prison (same difference really, except for the lezzos), and I see you have kept the same hairstyle, because sweetie, it does suit you so well. And you are so concerned about two young students who, like Polly Garter’s little willie wee, have drowned and died. Lovely to hear your commiserations to their devastated families.

Polly Garter has many lessons in life for you Libby. I will remind you of more later, if you return.

Yours in sisterhood, for ever. Lizzie B.

47. bystander

Plus a couple of grand change, Calli

Johanna – multiculturalism doesn’t understand water safety.

49. Snoopy

Snoopy
    #2331053, posted on March 19, 2017 at 7:58 pm
    Turnbull needs to really fuck Bill Shorten over hard and introduce a Bill to mandate 150% penalty rates for Saturday work and 200% penalty rates for Sunday work for ALL workers including those on EBA’s. Call it the Fair Work (Rollback of Bill Shorten’s Penalty Rates Cuts) Amendment Act 2017.

50. MsDolittle

Ms D would understand.

Indeed I do, Lizzie. Can’t believe I’ve been Grog free for ?5 days. One day at time, sweet Jesus. I certainly didn’t dob. Not my style. My sincere gratitude to whomever did winkle Grog out. One slimy git.

51. Carpe Jugulum

I forgot an image to go with my sudden riches.

And then

Hassan Chop

52. Carpe Jugulum

bbbbbwwwwwwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *cough* hahahahaha *shit i’m choking* hahahahahahaha

Thanks for the invite, Dolittle.

A caller to Price-Blot has mentioned that Four Corners is going to shake its little fists at TrumpHitler tonight because he and the Pentagon are destroying the world with glowball warmening … or something. It would be hilarious of they weren’t financing it with our money.

55. Elizabeth (Libby) Zee

Libby!! How wonderful. You are alive.

An imaginative comment, but I am not really into Under Milk Wood, or anything else by Dylan Thomas.

Ingrates.
    The grid girls are green.
    They look intimidating.
    Just what a Vic Green would want to be!

57. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Acute coprolalia would be much more educational for the littlies.

No. Make it coprophagia. Clearly in line with some of a baby’s ‘smearing about’ talents. lol.
    To be fair, though, here’s a neologism that is more like reality: coproludens.
    Playing with it for fun. 🙂

58. Snoopy

Grid guys in arseless chaps or no government funding. Decisions, decisions.

59. BrettW

I am imagining a Leak cartoon with Grid Boys in rainbow uniforms.

60. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

No. But you are very definitely into plagiarism; a big no-no on this blog.

61. bystander

Elizabeth (Libby) Zee
    #2331947, posted on March 20, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Libby!! How wonderful. You are alive.

Gawd, the nightmare continues.

62. MsDolittle

Interesting how a private moon mission takes hold.

Could we pool together to get Musk a oneway ticket? Not worth the outlay, really.

63. 2dogs

This seems appropriate. There are many parallels that could be drawn between the papacy of the 16th century and Brussels in the 21st century.

Could we pool together to get Musk a oneway ticket?

Elon has been doing fine stuff with SpaceX. I am behind him 1000%.
    Unfortunately though, Tesla and SolarCity are radioactive craters in the future financial landscape.
    For an innovator 1 out of 3 is a great ratio.
    Better than mine!

65. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Gawd, the nightmare continues.
    </blockquote

Bystander, you are right, and there is only so much I am prepared to tolerate before I invent a tag for this plagiarist and scroll on by. Grigs, or someone jumping on the bandwagon, deserves no attention whatsoever. This is trolling, sheer trolling, and ruining the thread. We have been mercifully free from it for a short while and what a pleasure that has been.

66. johanna

stackja
    #2331938, posted on March 20, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Johanna – multiculturalism doesn’t understand water safety.

True. But there are plenty of dinky-di Aussies who drive into flooded rivers or get swept off the rocks or go bodyboarding around storm drains after torrential rain.

Stupidity and ignorance is truly multicultural.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali does not speak for us

No one ever pretended that she did speak for you… of course she speaks for herself, as an alternative to you. She’s had a hard life, she has a right to tell her own story. That’s what free speech is all about. Remember “diversity is our strength”? You must have heard that one right? It means diversity of opinion.

The group’s statement rejects “any Islamic basis for the violence that occurred to Hirsi Ali in her life and the violence perpetrated to women all over the world who have fallen victim to culturally- influenced misogynistic abuse.”

Good, then what Muslims can do is get together and make sure it doesn’t happen again. Yes it is your responsibility, no I don’t want you to “denounce FGM” I want the problem solved, so it doesn’t happen anymore. Clear enough to understand?

68. bystander

Re Cortana. I have realised the AI (artificial intelligence) is actually AI (artificial ignorance). The silly girl cannot tell me the cricket score.

69. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Hairy yelling at me to come for dinner causes a blockquote fail.

Rats!! Plagiarists need to be axed, imho. We used to do that to them when they were deliberate and serious in the university department I once headed. It is disrespectful to original authors and lazy thinking.

70. rickw

A strange topic unless you live in Australia:

Best wood gasifier plans?

FEMA plans: quick and dirty.

Wayne Keith’s improvements on it?

Others?

There is a mountain of crap out there on wood gasifier plans and I would prefer not to have to dig through it!

71. Elizabeth (Libby) Zee

you are very definitely into plagiarism

In what way?

72. MsDolittle

Thanks for the invite, Dolittle.

Oh dear, how remiss of me. Dear JC, the Do’s kindly request the pleasure of your (and Mrs Porkfat Pavers’) company this Friday arvo (6:30) round at my joint for pizza and beer and highbrow conversation about all things tantamount to democracy and a general refreshing of the human spirit. And anyone* else who will be in Melbourne this Friday is most welcome. You have to email Sinc who passes it onto my security people for vetting.. they are very good with animals.
    *except Grog.

73. bystander

Elizabeth (Libby) Zee
    #2331970, posted on March 20, 2017 at 8:44 pm
    you are very definitely into plagiarism
    In what way?

By imitating every troll of the last 21 months.

74. Snoopy

in the university department I once headed.

Respect.

75. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Bruce, my love. Please apply your scientific acuity and recognize that you were not responding to me re those two students at your university but to a simulacra. Ta. Lizzie. xxx

Tel

#2331965, posted on March 20, 2017 at 8:41 pm

Ayaan Hirsi Ali does not speak for us

People defend islam either because they are deluded or quislings. Muslim women defending islam have been Stockholmed:

Islam is defined by its oppression of women. In many Islamic nations women have no status at all. The psychological effect of this lack of rights is profound. Many studies have found that when humans are subject to oppression they often take on and support their oppressors. This effect is known as the Stockholm Syndrome.

The Stockholm Syndrome is related to the Milgram and Stanford prison experiments where an analysis of responses to authority was made. The conclusions these studies provided is that people conform to authority even when it is against their and other person’s interests and even unethical. This can explain why Muslim women not only accept their lack of status and power within Islam but also why Islamic women cooperate in that oppression against other women in such barbaric practises as female genital mutilation and honour killings which are frequent in Islamic societies.

77. jupes

Rottnest Island Spacechook.

Hey Tom are you in Perth?

78. 2dogs

Ayaan Hirsi Ali does not speak for us

Well, duh. The signatories are (still) Muslims. Ayyan Hirisi Ali is an apostate, and can speak to the experience of apostates.

79. Boambee John

Top Ender at 1744

The other excuse offered was the need for “gender neutral” language.

I’m sure that was a key issue in 1942.

I’m wondering how many of the signatories are of the “Islam is all soft and fluffy brigade” and how many have had experiences similar to Ayan Hirsi Ali?

81. srr

… as a door nail … sad … or not … 😀 …

johanna
    #2331962, posted on March 20, 2017 at 8:40 pm
    stackja
    #2331938, posted on March 20, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Johanna – multiculturalism doesn’t understand water safety.

Stupidity and ignorance is truly multicultural.

I survived the 1950s when many dangerous places went unfenced.
    I wonder if many expect if a place is unfenced it is safe?

83. jupes

How good is this Australian team.

We are witnessing the beginning of greatness.

84. srr

Tommy Robinson Retweeted
    STRANGE FACTS 🎓‏ @factingStrange 12m12 minutes ago

A 2017 poll in specialist ‘kerbstomp mag’ placed @TRobinsonNewEra as the UKs most well known patriotic figure of people aged between 15-42

85. Boambee John

Muddy at 1911

IIRC the soldier being helped across the creek, Private WOW Johnson of the 58/59th Battalion had been injured by a grenade but not blinded. He returned to duty and was wounded a second time, and evacuated to Australia.

In later life he was haunted by the fame he received as a resolt of the photo, allegedly referring to it as “That damned photy”.

86. Elizabeth (Libby) Zee

you are very definitely into plagiarism

In what way?

A response would be appreciated.

87. George Wallace

Oh God I just turned off the ABC.

They were running an alarmist catastrophic doco about global warming.

Apparently every disaster is now linked, somehow, to AGW – terrorism, major wars, famine, poverty etc etc.

Even though these horrors have existed since time began, it’s all somehow very different now because…Because…

Because of the evil capitalist western system. And Trump. Or something.

I’d love to know the true ratings of the ABC. They must be low. This is absolute rubbish.

88. max

Photographic plagiarism.

A bizarre kind of identity theft.

Less of a plagiarism. More of a Passing Off.

Sorry Lizzie.

91. Boambee John

result not resolt

bystander
    #2331966, posted on March 20, 2017 at 8:41 pm

I am by no means defending MS but I can’t help noticing that the problem is more in the way people are using the OS. In this case Win 10.

I do have Cortana on my computer but it never ever pops up. Incidentally since the latest updates I don’t think you can turn it off but by the same token you don’t have to invoke it either.

Two important hints,
    One, if you are searching for a file or folder on your computer DO the search in Windows Explorer not in ‘Search’.
    If you use the ‘Search’ facility Cortana will take you for a ride all over the place including the net if it can’t find the file on your HD!

Second, if you know that what you are seeking is not on your computer then search in your browser.

Following this you will never hear a peep from Cortana.

Really if you know how to use your OS you should hardly ever need to use “Search”

I know we are all complacent and as long the page loads and we can type we are hunky dory but it pays to learn a few things and life is suddenly a lot easier.

/rant

93. DrBeauGan

Elizabeth (Libby) Zee
    #2331997, posted on March 20, 2017 at 9:05 pm
    you are very definitely into plagiarism

In what way?

A response would be appreciated.

Your name, you gormless dill.

94. hzhousewife

My mantras are:
    Mark Zuckerberg is a traitor to humanity.
    Professional sport is a rort.

And I haven’t finessed a mantra yet about the ABC, but I’m working on it. I only watch
    Landline these days, and it is failing lately, not much hard farming in it anymore.
    Can’t bear Q&A, and Four Corners rarely has a topic I haven’t already been re-educated
    about.

95. srr

WND EXCLUSIVE
    TARGETS IN SOUTH AFRICA’S ‘GENOCIDE’ ALL WHITE
    ‘Shooting Back’ author Charl van Wyk: Christians fighting politicians’ ‘racial hatred’

Published: 12 hours ago

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/targets-in-south-africas-genocide-all-white/#lFRgfzcXfi61WLAO.99

96. Hi, MsDolittle. I’ve been checking the mail whenever it arrives (infrequently) for my air tickets to your “do” on Friday, but nothing so far.

Did you send them by AusPost or by courier? If you have a tracking number, I can chase it up.

Kind regards

B in WA

97. Infidel Tiger

Well played Sean Marsh. Superb innings.

98. jupes

Well played Sean Marsh. Superb innings.

Yep. A match saving innings.

99. Infidel Tiger

Best innings a Marsh has ever played for Australia.

This is finest rearguard action from Australia in decades. There is something about this team that is for sure.

100. MsDolittle

Did you send them by AusPost or by courier?

Shit… I forgot to go priority stamp. Damn. I know, give me your Medicare number and we could do a telehealth via Skype, surely you’ve go something wrong with you that will make it legit. Be warned we will be decompressing and you will still be working. That will definitely make you sick even if you do have the best beaches in the world.

101. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Less of a plagiarism. More of a Passing Off.

Identity theft comes closest to it.

Let’s see now. Kalli , Carpe Hugulem, Glib (we’ve been there before), Boamboo John, Bruce of Fo’cas’le, Zulu Hilo Two Alpha, jupos, MsRulittle and Stiltson J. Cat – the possibilities are endless.

It hardly satire, weak as piss. It is taking the Intellectual Property of others, plus their very identity.

Polly Garter doesn’t have to like Dylan Thomas for her to be whore.
    Of the attention kind, in Libby’s case.

Hey Tom are you in Perth?

No, but I get some great tourism pics in one of my work Twitter feeds.

WA is easily the most under-developed of Oz’s tourism states, mainly as a result of the Filth.

103. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

one of those with an ‘a’
    typo 🙂

Marsh has opened the door for the Injuns.

105. Boambee John

Lizzie

That would be Bamboo John.

Tall and strong, with subtle flexibility?

106. Elizabeth (Libby) Zee

Identity theft comes closest to it.

Really? Why do you think I have stolen your identity?

107. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

I have her too. A dim bint. Like Elizabeth (Libby) Zee. A simulacra of a real person. And a thief.

108. .

Why is Libby Zzzzzzzz….using an avatar of Yulia Timishekno?

Lizzie, it’s a serious mental illness. This one craves attention so badly he couldn’t wait even a week since the disappearance of his sock puppet brigade.

Imagine living in that diseased mind. Blerk.

Oh God I just turned off the ABC.
    They were running an alarmist catastrophic doco about global warming.

Global temperature since 1998 here.
    That’s over 19 years.
    The anomaly trend line rises from 0.22 C to 0.32 C in that time.
    In that same time pCO2 has risen from 365 to 404 ppmV.

So you can work out the value of 2XCO2, the temperature rise that a doubling of pCO2 will cause. Even climateers accept this equation. It is:

2XCO2 = (0.32 – 0.22) x log 2/(log 404 – log 365) = 0.68 C per doubling.

Let’s round it to 0.7 C/doubling, same as Lindzen’s number. That would mean we would have to add 4 times as much CO2 as we have since about 1900 to increase temperature by another 0.7 C from today. And we’d have to therefore burn four times as much coal, oil and gas as we have done since then. (We’ve put about 100 ppmV of CO2 into the atmosphere since 1900, so doubling from the current 400 ppmV to 800 ppmV would mean four times that 100 ppmV added to the atmosphere.) To increase temperature by about 2 C, which even the IPCC is uncertain whether it would have any net harmful effect, would require burning nearly 16 times as much coal, oil and gas as we have since 1900 (ie almost three doublings). Where are we going to find that much stuff to burn? Not going to happen.

No climateer disputes that 2XCO2 is logarithmic.

So there you go, the last 19 years of data says CO2 is harmless.

111. Infidel Tiger

Hard to believe the Australian cricket team used to be given a hard time for their carry on when you look at the behaviour of the Indians.

Something needs to be done about Kohli. The best batsman in the world and the world’s worst bloke

112. Nick

India thought they had it. Kohli can suck on his dirty dhoti.

113. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

And worst of all, Libby is a troll. Shall we count the ways?

P, Lucie, Grigory the Malign, Robbie Mac, B Shaw, P Mark 2, Victoria, and now Libby Loopy Lips.
    Hang onto your handles, guys. Sibyl of the Nineteen Personalities is on the loose again.

Hint: don’t go for Johanna. That girl gives a mighty serve back. Respect.

114. Zyconoclast

Should read:
    “The Australian Grand Prix should be scrapped until “grid girls” are stripped at the event, the Victorian Greens say”.

Bruce of Newcastle
    #2332071, posted on March 20, 2017 at 9:44 pm
    So there you go, the last 19 years of data says CO2 is harmless.

Even if go with the great Douglas Adams and update it the best is “mostly harmless”

Play abandoned. It’s a draw.

117. H B Bear

I’m sure the ICC will bring the Indians into line. Bwahahahaaaaa … who am I kidding.

118. Infidel Tiger

That was huge from Australia. As good as a win.

119. Elizabeth (Libby) Zee

Why do you think I have stolen your identity?

No answer. OK. Well, for the record, I haven’t stolen your identity. I think I should just give you a wide berth. You are quite strange.

120. johanna

Grigory had numerous goes at me over the years, Lizzie.

I completely ignored him, which was the worst punishment of all.

121. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Tall and strong, with subtle flexibility?

Sounds a bit like one of Polly Garter’s lovers, BJ. Three fine well-endowed men, and never such lovin’ again. Did you know btw that the Welsh Triads, very old poems and a staple of Welsh historical maidens, speak of the three well-endowed men of Prydain. You can believe it when you see the Cerne Giant from afar.

ps ignore the Homer Simpson and other variants. 🙂

122. srr

😆

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago

The Democrats made up and pushed the Russian story as an excuse for running a terrible campaign. Big advantage in Electoral College & lost!
    ________

😆 … and they aren’t the only Loser pushers of BS … 😆 … like a fiddle … and oh how they dance … I’m lovin’ it! 🙂

Hanscomb confirms that he has got the temperament and toughness for Test cricket.
    Came in at 4/63 and saw it through to the end.

124. Infidel Tiger

Marsh played beautifully.

He gets a 3 match free pass from me.

1 win
    1 loss
    1 draw
    Next match: 1 sheepstation

126. Infidel Tiger

Playing the 4 Test in Dharamasala? Have we ever played there before?

They have made us play in the boondocks for this series.

127. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Ah well, Jo, ignoring sense is bliss. 🙂

It is always fun squishing real trolls.
    I think however Sinc had in mind economist trolling.
    Hitting Keynesians with their own reflected idiocy.
    Not the malign Grigory sort, a perversion which I agree is best ignored.

128. Zyconoclast

This is what grid girls should look like.

Those 2017 Australian F1 girls are dressed like grandmothers. Terrible.

What they used to look like.

I do have Cortana on my computer but it never ever pops up.

Same.
    It seems that if you ignore it, the hint is taken and it fucks off (unlike Googlery and his semen ridden socks).
    Does anyone remember Microsoft clippy getting a well deserved sorting out?

130. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Yulia Timishekno

Yes. A very sad case. A long prison term. As I said.
    Hardly an appropriate avatar for me, even as a simulacra.
    Done by someone who doesn’t know up from down, right from wrong.
    Grigs, for instance.

131. Boambee John

Lizzie

Luckily I have no Welsh ancestry, or I would blush.

Playing the 4 Test in Dharamasala?

WTF?
    There’s no such place.
    It’s a curry ingredient.
    (Like the movie, I hope Lyon finds his mum and stays there).

133. rickw

Just one forgotten machine that transformed people’s standard of living!

134. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Does anyone remember Microsoft clippy

Yes!! That awful irritating little paper clip. Who could forget? No wonder Hairy is scathing about the real value of AI. This is the sort of thing that much of it produces, yet they call it wonderful and fund it further.

135. srr

Stefan Molyneux‏Verified account @StefanMolyneux 15h15 hours ago

Where does the United Nations get its funding?

_____________________

Oh look. And still people wonder why Soros and that mob are desperate to dispose of Trump. Paying for all their Professional Propagandists all over the Internetweboflies and armies of agitators out of their own pocket instead of the UN’s extorted stash, would be a little too red inky for them to cope with … no wonder their sock puppet draws are getting bare, with only a few threadbare old rags left to battle with massive armies of fit, sharp, volunteer soldiers of conscience 🙂

Marsh played beautifully.

He gets a 3 match free pass from me.

Fair enough.
    He needs to back up.
    One good innings in ten, just in time to avoid the axe isn’t good enough.

137. Infidel Tiger

2 half centuries this series. Both very good ones.

That’s a pass.

138. Mike of Marion

Just watched YT where an operator 1700Kms away was operating a Caterpillar D8T Bulldozer using a facsimile control panel.

139. Andrew

All that talk was anti AUS racism. IND gets twice the bookings of any other team. They are a terribly behaved side. Always have been. Cheats, thugs.

And we fell for it. The only country stupid enough to be talked into hating our own test side. For doing what ever other team down to 5th grade Shires does.

140. Stimpson J. Cat

and Stiltson J. Cat – the possibilities are endless.

Leave me out of your secret womens business.

I am above this female malarky.

😆

141. Nick

Warner was chatting in the stands like a bogan magpie, I’d make him walk home.

142. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

I only watch
    about.

HZhousewife, Mrs. Elizabeth Ape, well known gin aficionado and acupuncturist (trust me with this needle, deary, Botox is an all-natural poison), prescribes a dose of Foxtel, nightly, and especially for Outsiders on Sunday. Inject in the funny bone. You will be better in no time.

143. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Leave me out of your secret womens business.
    I am above this female malarky.

Stiltson, Grigs is only a pretend female. He transitions in and out, in a very gender gluey way.
    You must find your female side. Perhaps you have put it with your apostrophies. 🙂

144. srr

Stefan Molyneux Retweeted
    Luke Rudkowski‏Verified account @Lukewearechange 19h19 hours ago

CNN @brianstelter just got called out for their propaganda & control of the narrative w/ pre interviews of guests while attacking @RT_com

😆

145. Old School Conservative

I wish Paul Murray would get that shrieking Janine harpie off his show. The parrot just put air quotes around George Pell’s heart condition, inferring he was well enough to appear in person at the RC.
    No evidence. Just casts an aspersion and moves away.
    My infrequent viewing of PML just got more infrequent.

146. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Luckily I have no Welsh ancestry, or I would blush.

Boamee John, I was myself once a Welsh maiden living under Milk Wood.
    Dylan Thomas outed us, in all of our turbulent desires. Naughty man. But as the Reverend Eli Jenkins knew, we are neither wholly bad nor good, who live our lives under Milk Wood.

147. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

I wish Paul Murray would get that shrieking Janine harpie off his show

+1 She is actually not terribly bright. Should join a self-help group for that.
    I am not watching tonight. As you can see, I am busy in my ‘study’. 😀

148. hzhousewife

I did mean to say, dear Mz Ape, that on free to air I am diminished to only watching Landline ! Outsiders has been elevated to a Sunday afternoon ritual avec hubby, when we can get together in front of Foxtel, avec vino, in order to restore our sanity and dream that all will be right with the world in due course. The three Outsiders, plus Peta Credlin, reinvigorate my faith regularly. Tonight Angus Taylor was lovely, these shows at least introduce us to our future leaders. So grateful we can afford Foxtel, indeed, that we can see it at all.

149. cynical1

“We have seen this in the US as Trump’s anti- Islam rhetoric directly lead to various attacks against Muslims. Muslim women, especially those wearing hijab, are especially vulnerable as they are indefinable targets.”

From the SBS story.

Nothing about the Koran’s rhetoric against infidels, pooves, etc, etc.

Muslims certainly are the World champs at claiming victim status.

150. srr

/pol/ News Network‏
    @polNewsNetwork1

It’s honestly sad what’s happened to architecture.

151. DrBeauGan

I think Libby Zee is Victoria. I don’t believe it is Grigs. He is either smoted or in gaol on a charge of doing something foul.

152. srr

The Democrats Lost.

Trump’s cutting the US funding of the UN.

Of course the bitches are bitching.

They have nothing else …

… and can’t boast about what they think they still do have 😉 🙂 😀 😆

153. srr

Paul Joseph Watson‏Verified account @PrisonPlanet 2h2 hours ago

The object of political correctness is to make the obvious unsayable.
    Anyone lecturing me about the “science” behind global warming who simultaneously thinks there are more than two genders can STFU. 😀

154. srr

Paul Joseph Watson‏Verified account @PrisonPlanet 2h2 hours ago

CNN praises a statue for not moving. Yes, that really happened.
    _______________________

It’s not ulike praising your ‘friend‘ sock-puppet for ‘winning‘ against your ‘enemy‘ sock-puppet.

155. classical_hero

The tolerance people again showing their beliefs with some help from the police. Are they self-aware? I wonder what regime used the power of the state to silence criticism? Calling Tommy Robinson that word while actively acting like them. Liberalism is a mental illness and a cancer to society.

156. Motelier

Has the World’s Potentionally Greatest Prime Minister made any more wild infrastructure policy anouncements like that liquid water battery thingo last week.

Asking for a friend.

Scott Morrison with Ray Hadley today: coal is “part of the mix” for Australia’s energy needs. He then went on to discuss the closure of several more coal stations, “hydro” and “Snowy II” (which, as Rowen Dean pointed out this morning for News, runs counter to the first law of thermodynamics).

A total fag.

158. Old School Conservative

Horrible story on Chris Kenny just now. The Daily Telegraph will tomorrow emblazon “Rape, Tape, and Share” across its front page.
    15 year old girl passed out then was raped at a party. The attack was filmed. The footage was then shared around which is when she found out about the rape.
    Teachers at Cranbrook School saw the tape and reported their student to the police.
    If true, truly sickening.

If you missed it: Rowan Dean destroys Turnbull’s “Snowy II” hoax.

160. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Probably. Same hurt tone. Same attack on me re my identity, just taking another route. Victoria recently insisted I physically validate myself (feel like an office visit with my CV, address, Medicare number, passports and boarding passes, Sinc? So who else is in for this? hands up now). And Victoria is P. And P is?????

P seems to have survived the smiting. It is easy enough to change the blog name attached to your email address, or get a new email – the thing that actually verifies you on the Cat, and the thing by which Sinc smites you.

What next? There’s always Q, R, S and T. Yawn… Z it seems is taken.
    Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is for sleep. I’m heading back to The Gallic Empire. That should do it. 🙂

161. DrBeauGan

Hero, those protestors merely shouted abuse and had no idea of what a reasoned argument looks like. No surprise there.

They are pretty much the ideal enemy. God send all my enemies be fools.

162. Motelier

I am personally wary of newbies in here.

Grogery went for me years ago.

So I only pay attention to the regulars.

Can I ask, why the obsession of newbies being sock puppets these days?

164. Shit… I forgot to go priority stamp

Oh, noes! 🙁

165. Infidel Tiger

What’s everyone doing for the womens footo GF?

166. Philippa Martyr

Asking for a friend.

Heretic. You mock his Potential Greatness™ by not adding the sacred trademark.

167. srr

Tommy Robinson Retweeted
    Sheena Parks‏ @SheenaParks20 4m

@TRobinsonNewEra @pugwash1000 @TheRebelTV Are they for islam because it takes the spotlight off what they get up to behind closed doors?
    _____________________

168. Stimpson J. Cat

Can I ask, why the obsession of newbies being sock puppets these days?

Let us be honest.
    Only the mentally ill would genuinely be interested in an economics website.
    The site is not very appealing to vivacious young people like myself.
    You lot have no one to blame but yourselves.
    😆

169. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Well, JC, there are suspicious things going on with names and such. Some quick change artists.
    Newbies usually have their own new names to be known by. No-one would take JC, for instance unless they wanted to deliberately rile you by being jc lower case.

I know you’ve told P you will be her protector, for some reason known to you about a ‘video’ she claimed long ago she made of you in our schooldays. Maybe that’s the issue. If so, then P can stick with P, surely?

170. DrBeauGan

Let us be honest.
    Only the mentally ill would genuinely be interested in an economics website.

Golly, is this an economics website?

Let’s be doubly honest, Stimson. The time when this site had a decent share of economic discussions has long gone. We’ve had one commenter alone stuck on aboriginals now for the past 3 months….. all day.

172. Infidel Tiger

Is Tim Southpossumarse now being referred to as the Gobbledygook?

Jeez there are going to be some Section 18c’s handed out over this one!

173. “Our work shows a sudden drop in brand sentiment following announcement of the refugee hiring initiative on Jan. 29th

So Baldrick’s cunning plans are now “initiatives”, are they?

That’s like saying Muttley frequently engages with garden implements.

174. Stimpson J. Cat

I remember coming here and at the end of the day at least feeling like I had learned something of value, even when I hadn’t.
    Now there is just an empty void where my interest in economics never was.

175. Golly, is this an economics website?

Don’t sweat it, Dr BeauGan.
    It’s just a nasty rumour that circulates here from to time.
    Ignore it. It goes away after a while.

176. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

damn missing keystrokes. Your not our schooldays.

jc – Y’all jus mek li’l newbie Libby Zee feel right at home now, corn grits acomin’ n’all.
    Whah she ain’t nothin’ but a lost li’l soul wanered in rhite from heav’n above, lan sakes, blessn her boots, innersent li’l honeypot now, and y’all know thet. Preacher’s darter, as sure as ahm lookin’ at ya.

177. Motelier

Sorry Philippa,

I will have to find out how todo that trademark thingy.

But,

I asked and I have recieved my wish.

The Turnbull government is poised to make an announcement on race hate laws after cabinet signed off on a decision.

What could possibly go wrong?

I know you’ve told P you will be her protector,

Have you turned the humor dial to zero?

On reflection I think P forgot. She found evidence of an English comedian attending my old high school and mistakenly said it was a vid when in fact it could have been a newspaper clipping.

This all came out because some inbred here suggested that I needed to provided extraordinary evidence the comedian visited out school. P, that little indefatigable work-horse, found evidence and posted it.

If so, then P can stick with P, surely?

I have no idea WTF that even means.

Is Tim Southpossumarse now being referred to as the Gobbledygook?

Naaa it’s just fatlips and always will be.

Part of me wants to see Triggs and Fatlips gone… both deported to their respective countries of birth. Another part of me says… let them stay on in the job, as they’ve destroyed themselves and will invariably continue to chop off their parts of their bodies in the future. It’s like Laurel and Hardy with those two meatheads.

180. jupes

Back in 1972 Ian Chappell’s Australian team was meant to lose 5 -0 in England. The end result was 2 – 2 and that team came away from that tour with a self-belief that enabled them to dominate for the next few years.

That is where we are with the current Australian team. They were expected to lose 4-0 in India but are currently 1 -1 after 3. The third test was a draw but was one of the best test matches this century. So many career defining performances. I expect Australia to win the fourth.

I love test cricket and there is so much to look forward to.

March 29th. Mark that down on the Gregorian calendar. It actually gunna happen.

“Last June, the people of the UK made the historic decision to leave the EU. Next Wednesday, the Government will deliver on that decision and formally start the process by triggering Article 50,” he said.

“We are on the threshold of the most important negotiation for this country for a generation.

“The government is clear in its aims: a deal that works for every nation and region of the UK and indeed for all of Europe – a new, positive partnership between the UK and our friends and allies in the European Union.”

182. I love test cricket and there is so much to look forward to.

It shows, and all the best to you for it.
    It’s good to have a spectator-oriented interest.
    Personally, I prefer something with a little more pace.
    I’m into time-lapse photography of paint peeling.

Personally, I prefer something with a little more pace.
    I’m into time-lapse photography of paint peeling.

Bit of a change from the old days, hey Vaultiare. In your younger days you were chasing aboriginals with AK47’s.

I’m into time-lapse photography of paint peeling.

“Cricket is an Imperialist game, designed by the British, to keep lesser races in subservience.”

The speaker was Irish, and I have no reason to disagree with him.

185. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

If so, then P can stick with P, surely?
    I have no idea WTF that even means.

JC, I don’t doubt your ability as a protector, so no laughing matter for me, but funny if you say so. 🙂

We know this particular lady as P and she should stick to being called P and not Victoria, or Libby Zee (our suspicions). It’s up to her to make her own way on the blog from her established persona as P. She’s had a rocky run in recent times, being perilously close to Grigory.

186. Bit of a change from the old days, hey Vaultiare.

We all tend to slow down in old age, JC.

187. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

Personally, I prefer something with a little more pace.
    I’m into time-lapse photography of paint peeling.

Of great interest to industrial chemists. So to each their own. 🙂

188. Andreas

Why is Libby Zzzzzzzz….using an avatar of Yulia Timishekno?

Her party used a blue/yellow/red Cossack flag at one time…

Sad.

189. Zyconoclast

Part of me wants to see Triggs and Fatlips

190. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

P, that little indefatigable work-horse, found evidence and posted it.

That’s a classic modus of Googlery too though, isn’t it?
    Indefatigable on absolute trivia.
    However, benefit of the doubt and all that.

191. Of great interest to industrial chemists. So to each their own.

Our resident industrial chemist is into feeding and photographing the local wildlife.
    Something I find more entertaining than cricket and peeling paint combined.
    Truth is, Bruce’s photos and stories are one of the main reasons I’m still here.

Can you explain to me how the fuck you dreamt up that stuff and why? What were you trying to achieve?

I mean, what was going through your head at time – that Laurie Connell had stashed 3000 AK47s in Alan Bond’s warehouse to be used to stoke a black uprising? This, instigated by some other dudes, as a way to have the military kill off aboriginals.

This makes the moon landing in Hollywood look like a kid’s bed time story compared to the stuff you dreamed up.

It’s a long time ago and lots of water under the bridge, so talk about openly now. Was it some sort of bad reaction to a drug induced trip. Explain.

193. Elizabeth (Lizzie) B.

March 29th. Mark that down on the Gregorian calendar

OK. Right next to lunch with my Eastern Suburbs girlfriends, not the Palm Beach crowd.

Not such a big group, and we will go sedately to a restaurant for three hours till kicked out. 🙂

Be open about it for once, Vaultaire. I’m not going to be judgemental. Promise! I’m honest to goodness trying to figure out how the fuck massive conspiracy theories like that fly around inside someone’s head .

Did you talk it over dinner with your spouse? Seriously what happened?

195. Must. Go. To. Bed. Plumber’s fix is leaking and he is returning 7am to try again.

I fixed my blocked sewerage that threatened to ruin my romantic dinner with Mrs MV last night. Would your plumber like any pointers? We could skype.

Vaultaire…

Focus on what I asked and not the plumber.

It’s okay, you’re among friends here who aren’t going to judge. It’s not going to make me think any less of you than I do now . It could be instructive and we learn something. How the flying fuck did you come up with that stuff?

Vaults

and also this…

Dentists? WTF?

Vaults, you gotta explain all this man. Were you using LSD?

Vaults

Should I be surprised to hear.. next time I call me dentist’s office….. something along the lines of

Melbourne Fine Dentistry and Supporter of One World Government

199. twostix

What the hell is going on here??

200. It’s okay, you’re among friends here who aren’t going to judge.

On a slow Sunday afternoon, some four years ago now, when the conversation had already been turned to “conspiracy theories” by others, including the moon landings, I offered a complex, technical, possible, plausible explanation of why so many people falsely believed the original moon landing was faked, when it was fairly obvious it was not.

Ever since, on almost a weekly basis, you have repeated the bullshit claim that I claimed the moon landings were faked. Would this be the trusted, non-judgemental “friend” of which you speak, JC?

Do you realise, JC, that you and the rest of the Fatuous Four have never debated a single issue with me for more than two posts, without resorting to claims and distortions of what I may, or may not have said or done, thirty years ago? Truth is, you and the rest of the Fatuous Four are so full of yourselves, your heads are so far up your arses you can’t see daylight.

The current subject matter is – which is more interesting, test cricket, or peeling paint. Discuss.

Stix

I’m asking the vaultster about some of the stuff he was up to in his early years.

I knew that freaking dentist we go to is sly, devious fuck and it wouldn’t surprise he belonged to that secret society the Vaultster sleuthed out.

Vault

Stop bringing up the moonlanding shtick, as that’s been done and dusted.

May or my not have done? Dude, you made these claims.

All I’m asking is how the fuck you came up with this stuff. No diversions. Just this. Focus on the uprising and the dentists stuff.

203. You reckoned that dentists … dentists were creating some sort of secret society working towards the creation of a world government.

As I said, JC, you are full of bullshit, and when you can’t fling some of your own, you just make it up. Thanks for proving my point so promptly.

Once, when the thread conversation was about conspiracies and secret societies, I told a humorous story of how I had been told of a secret society of dentists. I had scoffed at the whole idea, but then found out that there was, in fact, a “secret society” of dentists. Except they were about as “secret” as the Freemasons. I even included a link to their website so people could go and have a giggle.

Now you claim I said it was a real “secret” society dedicated to forming a world government.
    As I said. You are full of it.

204. BrettW

Oh look, JC is demanding somebody answer his questions. Seems like some ancient history but yet another topic he won’t let go. Who will he be having a go at next ? He does have a very long list after all.

We must acknowledge him as the traditional owner, or is it troll, of this forum.

JC, do you have a small moustache on your upper lip because you would make a great dictator ?

Do you keep files on people here so that you can dig up old stuff to argue over ?

Now before you try to turn that back on me you may actually have realised by now that the only one I choose to engage in arguments with is you. That is simply due to the reason I early on identified you as the resident bully, troll and all around miserable pile of dung.

Give it a rest. Next thing you know you will be lecturing us about people holding grudges here but how you are above all that.

By the way, why are you still even here ? I thought with all your insights into Trump and America you would surely have been recalled to USA to serve in his team. What happened ?

I’m not making anything up. I’m paraphrasing what I read in the Journal of Australian Studies.

I’m specifically referring the claims you made in the late 80s (there were no websites then).

1. The aboriginal uprising and

2. The secret society of dentists supporting and conspiring to create a One World Government.

Stop diverting. All I really want to know is how you came up with this stuff.

206. Stop bringing up the moonlanding shtick, as that’s been done and dusted.

What after four years of unadulterated bullsh1t on a weekly basis, suddenly you want to drop it?
    What’s the matter? Your own steaming pile of shyte now too smelly for even you?

207. twostix

Sick and craven propogandist of the year award.

A muslim mother murders her child after being told by her Imam that the child was possessed.

News.com.au’s “Liz Burke” accidentally makes a mistake, explains that the woman is an evil Christian Bigot:

she had been advised by a priest that she and her baby were possessed and had negative energy.

An entire piece on Infanticide to do that above. To make dull witted News.com.au consumers think another Christian bigot murdering her children on the say so of a crazy priest, ugh, when will these chrsitian murderers become more like peace loving Muslims??

Vault, focus, FFS!

Calm down. I’m simply asking you how did you dream up the stuff that I referred to. Again, for the fifth time I’m not judging you, pinhead. I’m really curious what prompted those ideas.

209. twostix

Oops, here’s the News.com.au piece:

Note that news.com.au is now leagues further to the left than the UK Independent.

210. I’m paraphrasing what I read in the Journal of Australian Studies.

I see. Now I am answerable for something written in a left-wing socialist rag, that promotes the left-wing socialist ideals of Australia’s academia. For the benefit of others the Journal of Australian Studies is a production of the International Australian Studies Association (InASA). For the record, here is a list of the movers and shakers that JC wants to hold me accountable to:

Office Holders

Xu Daozhi, University of Hong Kong

JAS EDITORIAL TEAM

Editors

Marguerite Nolan, Australian Catholic University
    Julie Kimber, Swinburne University

Vaults

I’m reading though the piece. Is this true?

You came up with the story that George Bush snr was the wrold’s leading homosexual child abuser.

Dude, I don’t want to blow your trumpet, but you realize that possibly makes you the first pizza gater, no?

USSR, you listening to this. Vaultaire was the first pizza gater.

Vaults

Stop it with the long screeds. I’m just asking innocent questions. Mind you, you sent us to this article years ago. I lost the link and someone was kind enough to email it to me.

Leave the other two questions on the side for the moment.

What made you think Bush was a homosexual child abuser leading a global ring?

213. Again, for the fifth time I’m not judging you, pinhead.

JC, you and the Fatuous Four have been judging me from the very first day I commented here. This is not in the least unusual. You have set yourself up as Judge, Jury, Adjudicator and everything else, on anything and everything that is posted here, by everybody who dares to do so.

That’s a fallacious argument. Because they’re academics means they’re lying? Come on, you can do better than that.

215. I’m just asking innocent questions.

Yeah, yeah, JC. “Innocent” questions that you can then manipulate the answers to, into anything you choose. Like fake moon landings. And secret societies of dentists plotting world government.

Bottom line is, JC, you don’t even know how to be honest, let alone how to have an honest debate.

216. None

And the Gaystapo marches on :

IBM Australia is being targeted by militant gay rights activists over an executive’s links to a Christian group.

Michael Barnett, convener of Jewish LGBTI support group Aleph Melbourne, and Rod Swift, a Greens candidate in the 2014 state election, have targeted IBM with a barrage of messages via Twitter in recent days, accusing the company of hypocrisy for ­allowing an employee to be ­involved with “an anti-LGBTI ­organisation”.

Nothing speaks freedom like Jews behaving like Nazis, no?

More diversion. I gave an undertaking that I wouldn’t judge you. I just want to know how you came up with this stuff.

I’m also impressed… you were the first pizza gater going back 25 off years or so. That makes you sort of famous in the “pizza” community, Vaults.

I must admit, I’m genuinely impressed with the dentist conspiracy. That at least is original. So too is the aboriginal thing.

Of course I’m being honest. I said I wouldn’t judge you if you explained how you came up with this stuff. That’s all.

219. More diversion. I gave an undertaking that I wouldn’t judge you.

And yet you do. Constantly.

I just want to know how you came up with this stuff.

Three years ago I gave you a $10,000 opportunity to answer that for yourself.
    You didn’t have the guts to take on the challenge then. Why should I bother now?

That makes you sort of famous in the “pizza” community, Vaults.

I answered that, and your other questions on the matter, a day or two after SRR first posted the term “pisa gate”, a couple of months ago. The fact that you are a pompous, fatuous f*ckwit, so full of yourself and your own importance that you never “scroll up” to discover what a conversation is all about before shooting your mouth off, is hardly my problem.

I’m not repeating myself for your benefit.

220. Of course I’m being honest.

Fake moon landings?
    Secret society of dentists plotting world domination?

Yeah, JC, you’ve really got a handle on “being honest”.

Okay, it’s looks like you don’t want to participate in what i believe to be an frank and honest discussion about the way conspiracy theories arise. You realize that it doesn’t much matter now for obvious reasons.

No you didn’t. I just opened the PDF this evening after someone emailed it to me during the weekend. This evening was the very first time I had seen it mentioned that you had once accused Bush snr of leading a global network of homosexuals molesting young boys.

That’s a really unfair characterization and I hope that with a good sleep you will rethink this abuse and apologize in the morning.

I’m not repeating myself for your benefit.

Huh? You haven’t repeated anything in answer to the questions I raised. All you’ve done is attempt divert away and abuse me. Not nice, not nice at all.

222. Woolfe

Greetings from Turin Airport where Ryan Air have decided to delay their flight to Barcelona by at least 2 hours.

I am partaking in a local peroni whilst the locals drink tiny cups of pure caffeine.

Driving through town on way to aeroporto no sign of cycle helmets also appears to be mandatory use of mobile phone whilst driving and one enterprising citizen was texting whils weaving through the traffic on his scooter.

I won’t go back not details but everything here and in France is cheaper than Australia. Had some fantastic meals at restaurants in Montgenevre, 3 courses for around $40, great wine around 25 per bottle, and this is a ski town!

Have fun at the Cat, I am!

memoryvault
    #2332293, posted on March 21, 2017 at 2:15 am

Of course I’m being honest.

Fake moon landings?
    Secret society of dentists plotting world domination?

Yeah, JC, you’ve really got a handle on “being honest”.

This is what the piece says. I left your name out for obvious reasons

To “the Vaultster”* the world was full of conspiracies including a secret society of dentists
    who worked toward a One World Government.25

The notation says you didn’t reveal the reason what dentists would be so interested to form such a group. I’m as curious as hell , which is why I asked. Tell me, FFs.

* I inserted The Vaultster

You’re getting angry with me and I honestly don’t know the reason.

FMD. Just fucking evil.

Activists have criticised the IT giant and Sydney-based managing partner Mark Allaby, suggesting that his role on the board of the Lachlan Macquarie Institute, an internship program for young Christians, is incompatible with IBM’s public support on the issue.

The social media campaign comes after the same activists shamed Adelaide brewer Coopers into pledging allegiance to Australian Marriage Equality after its ties with the Bible Society were ­exposed.

225. Okay, it’s looks like you don’t want to participate in what i believe to be an frank and honest discussion about the way conspiracy theories arise.

No, we did that three years ago when I offered an explanation of where the “conspiracy theory” of fake moon landings came from. Far from having a “frank and honest” discussion about it, you have spent three years accusing me of believing the moon landings were faked. You don’t know the meaning of “frank and honest”, JC. Don’t start pretending now that you give a flying fvck about a “frank and honest discussion”.

So, you’re not working alone. You have a team digging for dirt on me.
    More “frank honesty”. More “frank and honest debate”.

Did I ever claim that, JC? According to whom? Your academic socialist mates at InASA? Or maybe it was in that mysterious untitled book by an unnamed author, that disappeared from an unknown library that I’m supposed to know all about. According to somebody.

As I previously wrote, I explained my position re pisa gate a couple of months ago. I appreciate you’re too important to actually go back and look, but maybe you can get one of your team of detectives to find it for you.

226. This is what the piece says. I left your name out for obvious reasons

What piece, JC? By whom?
    Once again you are demanding answers from me to accusations made by unknown third parties.
    I don’t even know the context of the accusation, let alone who made it, and yet you demand an answer.
    “Frank and honest debate” my arse. You’re just trying to score points.

227. None

FMD. Just fucking evil.

Agreed, JC. I posted a link to that very article earlier but naturally caught in moderation because of some libertarian petal who doesn’t like the mention of the word Nazeeees. Nothing spells freedom like Jews behaving like Nazeees, no? Jews persecuting Christians? Whodda thunk.

228. None

Nah JC my comments are still in moderation. Let my just say with censorship like at the Cat, you can kill all the Christians and no one would notice.

In the meantime, who believes this:

229. None

FMD. Just fucking evil.

Agreed, JC. I posted a link to that very article earlier but naturally caught in moderation because of some libertarian petal who doesn’t like the mention of the word starting with the letter after M. Nothing spells freedom like Jews behaving like the word starting with the letter after M, no? *Insert name of Jesus’s people group* persecuting Christians? Whodda thunk.

230. None

FMD. Just fucking evil.

Agreed, JC. I posted a link to that very article earlier but naturally caught in moderation because of some libertarian petal who doesn’t like the mention of the word starting with the letter after M. Nothing spells freedom like *insert name of Jesus’s people group* behaving like the word starting with the letter after M, no? *Insert name of that people group again here* persecuting Christians? Whodda thunk.

231. That’s an hour since the last load of crap from the fatuous fartbag.
    Presumably he has left the field of combat. Typical of loudmouth cowards.
    Way past time for bed for us cripples.

Another Leak classic (with republication timed to the minute by the Oz editors).

233. Herald Sun: Infanticide law in Victoria: How is this not murder?

I ask myself the same question re abortion.

234. But moderate MPs have expressed reservations that this model would create public anger that the party was bypassing the parliament.

It would also be a non-compulsory ballot, so could undermine the outcome if there is a low voter-turnout.

There are also concerns a plebiscite of any nature would also dominate the political agenda for the months leading up to it.

Why would you be concerned about your attempt to redefine marriage ‘dominating the political agenda’ if you thought it was a matter of justice? And why would ‘bypassing the parliament create public anger’ if the matter was brought before the people for public deliberation and decision?
    This attempt to rubbish a plebiscite by rubbishing the public is not a good look.

235. Marriage equality advocate IBM Australia is being targeted by ­militant gay rights activists who have condemned the company over a senior executive’s links to a ­Christian organisation.

As I’ve said before, we must smash politicized homosexuality.

236. Baldrick

First they came for freedom of speech, now it’s freedom of association.

237. Tintarella di Luna

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

— William Pitt

How appropriate when enslaved by the army of Social Justice Warriors. Who BTW IMB live in their mother’s basement and have NO MONEY to buy your machines.

238. Baldrick

How the free market failed Australia and priced us out of our own gas supply
    But have we gone too far? Free market theory, while it’s terrific in theory, has some almighty shortcomings and, as we now are discovering, may not be the economic cure-all we once imagined.

How very ABC.

239. None

I have been saying for years that gay marriage us the biggest state intrusion into our lives. Fucked if I’m going to say yes to that.

240. None

Leak still speaks. Kudos to the eds for the perfect pick given the soup faced denial today. God I am so angry. Those malevolent AHRC shits and their trolls have blood on their hands.