Open Forum: May 20, 2017

1,359 Responses to Open Forum: May 20, 2017

1 2 3 6
  1. Zyconoclast

From the old thread

Fake anthropology about a non-existent ceremony. A real welcome to strangers or more remote kin consists of rubbing your hands under your arm to generate and imbue them with sweat and then rubbing that all over the newcomer. I think we should bring it back, don’t you?

Only on the conditions that deodorant is banned and that the women are no longer allowed to remove arm pit hair.

We don’t want to introduce any more fakeness.

2. Nelson Kidd-Players

Too hard to beat Rabz, though.

3. Rabz

NKP – fear not, those aware of the concept of ZP can help shut it down.

4. Fat Tony

Libby Zee from old thread
    #2384543, posted on May 19, 2017 at 6:40 pm

The findings appear to indicate that problems with seals have allowed oils to move around.

Oils ain’t oils.

Now that’s a strange thing for a “girl” to say.

The line by the mobster in the old Castrol advert.

It’s more like the sort of thing a bloke would say……..strange.

5. Nelson Kidd-Players

Not sure Paul Kelly is the perfect selection, but I think it squeaks in with the reference to Kings Cross in light rain.

6. Rabz

Some definitive PK on matters KC:

keep missing new threads bugga!

8. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Aha. New fred. A tale of Kakadu from the pen of your roving reporter is at the end of the old one.
    Back pedal now if interested. It is only 10.12 here in the Kimberleys, but all you late niters are still up.

I am an injured woman and need to rest a bloodied leg, so am off to bed now. I will relate the tale of my injuries later, when test pattern is not around to disagree with them. 🙂

He does get awfully surly sometimes, that Old Shit, sorry, typo there, I mean Salt.

9. Baldrick

10th Battalion A.I.F

Blackburn, Arthur Seaforth (1892–1960)
    Although not a sturdy youth, Blackburn enlisted as a private in the 10th Battalion, Australian Imperial Force, in October 1914, and landed at Gallipoli on 25 April 1915. Charles Bean concluded that he and another private that day reached a point further inland than any other Australian soldier achieved in the campaign. Blackburn himself was modest and retiring on the matter in later years. He was commissioned second lieutenant in August, and served throughout the Gallipoli campaign and in France in 1916. On 23 July, at Pozières, he commanded a party of fifty men which, in the face of fierce opposition, destroyed an enemy strong point and captured nearly 400 yards (366 m) of trench, Blackburn personally leading four successive bombing parties, many members of which were killed. For this exploit he was awarded the Victoria Cross ‘for most conspicuous bravery’.

10. Nelson Kidd-Players

That PK song makes me think more of St. Kilda.

So I’m back where I started.

11. Zyconoclast

Earliest evidence of Aboriginal occupation of Australian coast discovered

These clowns say this like it’s a good thing.

If true, and Aboriginies living here for 50,000 years and not having done anything of lasting significance with exception routinely burning large swathes of bushland.
    A tragic waste really.
    Look what Europeans did in the first 170 years of settlement. (The last 50 years haven’t been so great)

12. OneWorldGovernment

Anyone that voted for Howard should be smacked in the mouth with a frozen duck.

13. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Dutchies don’t call themselves Hollanders so where would the Maccassans picked up the term?

Debate from old fred. I think it’s hard to know what seventeenth century Dutchies called themselves. ‘People from Holland’ could easily have been termed thus. Like Zealanders. And New Zealanders. Englanders was also once used; but more Saxon was the usage of Englandman or Englandmen and then Englishmen. As with Germans being originally Allamani – All Men (from Germanic Tribes; suffix inflected).

14. Nelson Kidd-Players

Returning to the south of the Murray…one for the Gunner:

15. OneWorldGovernment

Zyconoclast
    #2384762, posted on May 20, 2017 at 12:28 am

Earliest evidence of Aboriginal occupation of Australian coast discovered

These clowns say this like it’s a good thing.

I’m all for attacking and conquering and defeating every single Australian aboriginal band or tribe.

They are a conquered people.

There is no empty spaces.

16. OneWorldGovernment

skyhooks horror movie

17. Zyconoclast

The Chinese looking girl on the Drum complaining about white male privilege seemed to forget that the NSW selective schools and the HSC top 100 names are dominated with East Asian names.

Check your ethnic privilege.

Figures reveal students from migrant families make up 80 per cent of intake at state’s best schools

KATHERINE DANKS EDUCATION REPORTER, DailyTelegraph
    July 6, 2013 12:00am

AS thousands of parents sweat on their children’s selective schools test results, figures reveal students from migrant families make up almost 80 per cent of the intake at some of the state’s best schools.
    Almost 60 per cent of the total Year 7 selective school intake for 2013 speak a language other than English at home, despite students from migrant families making up less than a third of the Year 7 population across all government schools.

It comes as 13,102 Year 6 students wait to see if they have secured one of just 4158 spots at 17 fully selective and 25 partially selective schools, a virtual selective class in western NSW and four agricultural high schools next year.

Education Minister Adrian Piccoli plans a review of entry into all selective schools following a request from Sydney Boys High School that it be allowed to accept a small quota of local students based on merit.

The top-performing Baulkham Hills High had 81.7 per cent of its 2012 Year 7 intake identify as having a language other than English mainly spoken in the home.

Sydney Boys High and James Ruse Agricultural High also had a high proportion of Year 7 students from a non-English speaking background in 2012.

18. OneWorldGovernment

And in case anyone wants to be racist about my prior comments.

shove this up your leftist nostril

OneWorldGovernment
    #2384770, posted on May 20, 2017 at 12:45 am

And in case anyone wants to be racist about my prior comments.

I think they are all asleep OWG.
    Must admit J Little was around well before my time.
    Did he spend time in the US?

20. OneWorldGovernment

not sure if this is good nor bad

Friday, Swedish prosecutors said that they will drop an investigation into an allegation of rape against Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks.

21. Zyconoclast

Asian students dominate the HSC honour roll

Students of East and South-East Asian background were the top-performing group in 10 of the 13 most popular courses on the 2013 Higher School Certificate honour roll, new research shows.

Students of East and South East Asian background were nearly 30 times more likely to make the Maths Extension 2 honour roll than their Anglo-Celtic classmates and four times more likely to make the 2013 honour roll.

Even in English, they were five times more likely to make the high achievers list than those of Anglo-Celtic origin.

22. OneWorldGovernment

Mark A
    #2384772, posted on May 20, 2017 at 12:53 am

OneWorldGovernment
    #2384770, posted on May 20, 2017 at 12:45 am

And in case anyone wants to be racist about my prior comments.

I think they are all asleep OWG.
    Must admit J Little was around well before my time.
    Did he spend time in the US?

Not sure that he did go to USA Mark A.

If he did it would only be to Nashville for country and western awards.

His wiki entry is a fair summation of his life and career.

OneWorldGovernment
    #2384776, posted on May 20, 2017 at 1:01 am

Looking at it now, he is not a bad balladist.

24. Westie woman

Another little quiet late night rant from a lurker

Drove to Brisbane today to meet our latest little grandson – listening to the radio in our rental on the way

Apparently Cathy Freeman is now an ambassador for the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games so good for her but she wasn’t just Cathy Freeman she was indigenous Cathy Freeman

So will everyone now have a cultural tag ?

I will now be Austrian Australian (naturalised) Westie Woman instead of just Westie Woman

So much of this shit is truly making me an alcoholic

As i sip one last glass of chardy on my hotel balcony in Broadbeach. .

Zyconoclast

27. OneWorldGovernment

Zyconoclast
    #2384779, posted on May 20, 2017 at 1:06 am

Since you guys insist

Randwick Bells

thanks you human, you.

and your correct Mark A. He was/is fantastic and deserves greater recognition.

bookmarked the youtube stream

29. Stimpson J. Cat

exception routinely burning large swathes of bushland.

That honor belongs to the original traditional burner/s of this land, lightning.
    Racist.

30. Stimpson J. Cat

You’ll always have Adolph.

😁

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2384785, posted on May 20, 2017 at 1:18 am

You’ll always have Adolph.

I noticed you have a nasty streak to you stimpy, one that you can’t excuse by your alleged mental disorder.
    Keep it under your hat will you?
    Good chap.

32. OneWorldGovernment

Westie woman
    #2384778, posted on May 20, 2017 at 1:04 am

Another little quiet late night rant from a lurker

Hey Westie Woman,

Congratulations for your little grandson. I have only a granddaughter.

I don’t think it matters much about indigenous because we are all bitzers. I have many different ethnic bloodlines in me.

My Mother used to look after Evonne Goolagongs father when he was a young person and my whole family clustered around the radio to listen to Lionel Rose’s victories.

Good sports are always acknowledged.

33. MsDolittle

Shirley Strachan threw me into a swimming pool. I was wearing my best dress.

34. Stimpson J. Cat

There are no excuses.
    Ever.
    And I am not a good chap.
    But I can change my behaviour when I become aware of just how allegedly nasty I am being.
    I can’t change my alleged mental disorder though.
    Allegedly.
    I use the smiley faces for a reason.
    Alas.
    Good night all and apologies.

😁

35. MsDolittle

Congratulations for your little grandson. I have only a granddaughter.

Excuse me… “only a granddaughter”…WTF? Bet you are asking yourself how to back track from this. Answer: you can’t.

36. OneWorldGovernment

MsDolittle
    #2384788, posted on May 20, 2017 at 1:27 am

Shirley Strachan threw me into a swimming pool. I was wearing my best dress.

Ms D

I thought he was a bit of a ‘dirt bag’ myself. As well as some of the band.

But I saw Skyhooks at a function for Melbourne Uni at the Exhibition Buildings in about 1973 or 4 and I said then they had some good music.

37. MsDolittle

Congratulations for your little grandson. I have only a granddaughter.

OneWorldGovernment ….?? WTF I’ll keep reposting your sexist post until you answer. So get a fucking backtracking, rewind, wriggle on.

38. MsDolittle

I thought he was a bit of a ‘dirt bag’ myself. As well as some of the band.

Dirt bag? Probably, but I’d factored that in. Me no complain. Can’t stand the heat… etc.

39. OneWorldGovernment

MsDolittle
    #2384790, posted on May 20, 2017 at 1:36 am

Congratulations for your little grandson. I have only a granddaughter.

Ms D
    “only a granddaughter” is merely a reflection on the number of grandchildren.

I understood from Westie Woman’s comment that she may have more than one grandchild.

Now kindly back off.

My granddaughter, who is not yet one, is the most gorgeous intelligent little girl I have ever seen.

I live overseas so I only have my son’s videos and fotos.

I told him, my son, that he is in trouble because she reminds me of him!

Are we ok?

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2384789, posted on May 20, 2017 at 1:35 am

And I am not an ‘ethnic’ as you are wont to call people.
    If proof needed, go to Kyneton and read the names on the Cenotaph.

41. MsDolittle

“only a granddaughter” is merely a reflection on the number of grandchildren.

OK. Let you off this time only. I’m not some stupid, hyper alert, sexist, Nazi, cream puff…. but I could be. So watch it. And I have 2 grandsons so …. ner.

42. OneWorldGovernment

Ms D,

I wish I was in Australia to visit your place.

Last time I was in Melbourne was 15 minutes walk from the Melbourne Markets and about 10 minutes to all the great coffee shop places along Lygon Street.

I comfort myself with songs like,

43. OneWorldGovernment

I like this, even if he is a greenie.

44. OneWorldGovernment

I want to do an Internal Control audit of the ATO, Treasury, Prime Ministers Office and Defence.

OneWorldGovernment
    #2384800, posted on May 20, 2017 at 2:35 am

Why?
    Rabz them all.

46. OneWorldGovernment

I have been taught by some of the finest QCs and Auditors that ever existed in Australia.

I note their firms do not recognise them now.

We taught folk from Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong. All of them better business centres than now Australia.

47. OneWorldGovernment

Mark A
    #2384802, posted on May 20, 2017 at 2:39 am

OneWorldGovernment
    #2384800, posted on May 20, 2017 at 2:35 am

Why?
    Rabz them all.

My Internal Control Audit would Rabz them all.

OneWorldGovernment
    #2384803, posted on May 20, 2017 at 2:43 am

Sadly, true.
    We still do a good deal of business here in mining, my company that is, but we could drop it and it wouldn’t affect the bottom line too much. Namibia is more profitable.

Mark A
    #2384805, posted on May 20, 2017 at 2:51 am

my company that is

If any confusion, as it seems to happen here lately, it should read, the company I work for.

50. OneWorldGovernment

Mark A
    #2384805, posted on May 20, 2017 at 2:51 am

OneWorldGovernment
    #2384803, posted on May 20, 2017 at 2:43 am

Sadly, true.

I’ve done some work for many years for the Japanese Companies that invest in Australia.

Funniest thing that happened for me was pressing the button on the ground floor to get a lift up to a meeting in a high rise hotel in Melbourne and the door opens and it’s solid wall to wall Japanese.

Far outski. They all bowed. It was a tad overwhelming. My then father in law had fought them. Couldn’t stand their smell. But he had been one of our original SAS type blokes.

It was the oldest bloke in the lift that first bowed to me. The rest followed him. But I briefly bowed back.

Still sticks in my mind.

51. classical_hero

I remember reading in the local paper that they arrested a creep on child sex abuse charges and it’s a result of this arrest that the ACA guy got caught, among others.

52. OneWorldGovernment

classical_hero
    #2384809, posted on May 20, 2017 at 3:10 am

classical_hero

Would you mind telling me ‘what local paper’ please?

53. srr

Tommy Robinson‏Verified account @TRobinsonNewEra 6h6 hours ago
    Tommy Robinson Retweeted Inda.

Oxford Uni Islamic Centre invites Indonesia VP to talk about moderate Islam right after he jails Jakarta’s Christian governor for blasphemy

54. classical_hero

The West Australian.

55. OneWorldGovernment

classical_hero
    #2384819, posted on May 20, 2017 at 5:37 am

The West Australian.

So!

It wasn’t the useless AFP that caught onto the criminal ATO folk but instead it was a false news reporter who works for the “Western Australian”.

Kerry Stokes well done.

No wonder your mate Bill is pointing the finger at some dubious overseas tax claim.

Hey Kerry, how much money will you pay me to shut up.

56. OneWorldGovernment

If good ol’ boy Scott Mo can get rid of the TV licensing fees for his mates then he can get rid of excise duties on fuel, alcohol and tobacco.

The scum that infest the former liberal party of Australia should be belted in the mouth with frozen ducks.

57. Tintarella di Luna

Tim Blair has taken up Beliaik’s ATO FOI with a H/T to Gabrielle

There is no doubt the Cat is the Light-shiner, mover and shaker of the blogosphere

58. Tintarella di Luna

Sorry that would be Andrew Bolt, not Tim Blair

59. Sparkx

Thought -If correctly addressed, our treasurer is the Honorable Scott Morrison, shouldn’t we be referring to him as Ho Sco Mo?

60. Sparkx

At this New York library, drag queen Lil’ Miss Hot Mess reads to groups of children

Surely the stuff of nightmares. “Who wants to be a drag queen when they grow up?” Child abuse in my book.

61. Gab

andrew bolt has taken up Beliaik’s ATO FOI with a H/T to Gabrielle

Took his sweet time about it! Oh well, I’m glad he finally succumbed to my nagging.

She’s gorne…

Huma Abedin seeks divorce from Weiner after guilty plea

Huma Abedin reportedly filed for divorce from Anthony Weiner Friday, hours after the disgraced former congressman pleaded guilty to sexting a minor. … Earlier Friday, a tearful Weiner pleaded guilty to sexting a minor, apologizing in court to the teenaged victim and blaming his own “destructive impulses” for the prison time that now awaits him.

It’ll be interesting what happens now. If Weiner gets angry it could become very interesting, in light of a certain folder on his laptop. On the other hand people have been known to die mysteriously in jail. Maybe he should offer to sing his heart out to the new DoJ in return for witness protection and a new identity.

63. Sparkx

Assange now a free man.

Ooops not quite –

However, police in London said they would still be obliged to arrest him if he left.(the embassy)

64. Tailgunner

Shirley Strachan threw me into a swimming pool. I was wearing my best dress.

Hahaha – Cats&Kittehs have a breadth of experience!
    And thanks for the Skyhooks shout out,NKP 🙂

65. Tailgunner

And I am not an ‘ethnic’ as you are wont to call people.

Stimpy has always been in league with those that oppress the Kekistanis.

66. classical_hero

OWG, it was the WA Police that caught him, just was reporting it. It seems no one is talking about where the information came.

67. john constantine

Their melbournibad regime have found a work-around final solution for the country fire authority problem.

The deplorable proles that insist the cfa is to put out fires will be split off to form unpaid labour battallions of cannon fodder.

The unionised political operatives will be split off to form the Department of ‘fire rescue social justice victoria’.

Who do you expect will control the social justice tax on the capital of the exploiter kulak class?.

The fire services levy will prove most satisfying for installing prayer rooms in all social justice fire rescue buildings, and expanding it to 50% wymynsys and fund spending the winter months with no fires indoctrinating school kiddies on how gender infinity theory intersects with safe fires.

68. john constantine

How they spend your fire services social justice levy.

For example, no deplorable prole with twenty odd years as a cfa volunteer, who may be in a social justice fire rescue building for a meeting, can have a dunny break without a social justice political operative escorting them.

The fire services social justice tax pays a social justice political operative a dollar a minute to watch old blokes take a piss.

69. srr

FEC boss who tried to muzzle Drudge now on Soros payroll

It’s funny, coz if the wrong people say it before it’s official, they get shouted down as conspiracy nuts by the professional propagandists, who still somehow remain blind to the bleeding obvious wire trapped elephants in every room – the good guys are better at infiltrating the bad guys than the bad guys are at infiltrating the good guys 😉 –

classical_hero
    #2384843, posted on May 20, 2017 at 7:15 am

🙂

Assange now a free man.

I find that very unlikely. It really just means the US has found a way to get direct cooperation from the UK now they don’t need Sweden anymore.

Well that’s tautologically true. Indeed, it’s pretty much the definition of goodness.

Don’t forget that famous historian, named Victor.

72. Senile Old Guy

From previous thread, about a scholarship.

The release states that “preference will be given to male applicants who are from rural and regional areas with an interest in large animal practice and intended to work in rural veterinary science”. News of the scholarship was circulated among veterinary students on Thursday. A female student, in her second year of her doctor of veterinary medicine degree, told Guardian Australia she was “very surprised” to see that preference would be given to male students and thought that it was an administrative error.

Female student thought it was an ‘error’ not because it targeted particular gender but because it targeted the wrong sex: male and not female.

The student said that though there were more women in the veterinary medicine program than men, there were more structural barriers to their advancing in the profession. There was also a gender pay gap, compounded by fewer women in senior positions.

So there are actually more women than men doing vet but there are various unnamed ‘structural barriers’ to advancement: what are these barriers? None specified. And there is the completely fictitious ‘gender pay gap’ — it being completely illegal in Australia to pay men and women different amounts for the same task — with fewer in ‘women in senior positions’ being almost entirely due to individual choices.

She said the university was “misguided” to offer the scholarship – which, she was surprised to learn, was not the first to be offered only to male veterinary students. “It’s poorly thought out, their reasoning. They’re not addressing gender inequality in an intelligent way, and I think the university should be held to a higher standard. … It seems they care more about money than they do about my being a woman and getting equal opportunities.”

Why should the university care about ‘my being a woman’? The university has a responsibility to all its students. And ‘equal opportunities’? I have no doubt that there are many scholarships available at the university which are targeted specifically at woman. And she has ‘equal opportunities’ as grades are determined by performance.

What she wants is more scholarships targeted at women which is the exact opposite of ‘equal opportunities’. Hypocrite.

The laptop contents have already been copied by the NYPD and the FBI and possibly others… that’s my understanding at any rate. Weiner can do whatever he likes and it won’t change the situation. Ummm, unless he knows about more laptops hiding somewhere.

74. Senile Old Guy

More:

“The way I think about it, affirmative action should only apply to people who have structural barriers to receiving an education – that’s what the exemption in discrimination law is about, so you can procure particular benefits for women in Stem [science, technology, engineering and mathematics], Aboriginal students and so on,” Grant said. “It’s not for further advantaging men. It’s really quite bizarre.”

This is all ‘white male privilege’ stuff. Society favours white men, via structural barriers against others, so all privileges should only be given to people who are not white men, regardless of the preference of the people funding the f*cking scholarship.

Applications for the scholarship close 17 February. The University of Sydney Women’s Collective is calling on the university to remove “male” from the eligibility requirements – to “send a clear message to all students that sexism and discrimination on campus is unacceptable”.

…but it will continue to be perfectly acceptable to offer scholarships to women and ‘people of colour’ because they are not white men so that is not discrimination or sexist.

The double think is amazing.

75. Geriatric Mayfly

Confusing. I had thought ‘inappropriate’ was more damning than ‘unacceptable.’ We’ll leave ‘outrageous’ for another day.

sexism and discrimination on campus is unacceptable”.

76. Some definitive PK on matters KC:

One of the greatest rock songs of all time.

77. srr

/pol/ News Forever‏ @polNewsForever

Not only did Time magazine confuse the St Basil’s Cathedral with the Kremlin, but they also removed all crosses from the Cathedral.

Hmm…🤔

______________________________

As I mentioned, there was no confusion, the message was clear, the UN (Left, blah-all-their-guises), are at war against God. Every one of us not at war against God, is their enemy.

78. john constantine

“Large Animal” is the key concept here, along with “rural areas”.

Working with large farm animals, like cattle, is dirty and dangerous work compared to servicing the fur-baby companion animals of the inner city.

Both jobs have their hassles, but a bloke happy up to his elbows in cow shite might freak out at having to run the emotional roller coaster of the inner city cat-ladies.

The convoy of blokes capable of doing rural cattle vet work mightn’t test as well as the convoy of short light framed females that top the year twelve test results, so how do you get people trained to do a job in demand ?.

79. Geriatric Mayfly

Now here’s a dainty vet’s job. My neighbour used to take her canary to the local vet to have its talons trimmed.

80. Anne

CERN has broken through the veil to a parallel Universe and is changing World history.

The Vatican under this FrankenPope is promoting a single New World single Religion to worship Lucifer.

The Scriptures of the Bible and other historical documents are changing supernaturally.

Sharri Markson: Malcolm’s next crew on the good ship Turnbull
    Sharri Markson, The Daily Telegraph
    May 19, 2017 12:00am
    A CABINET reshuffle is the next stage of the government’s “reset” agenda.

As has been well canvassed, Downer is expected to be replaced by George Brandis, who was once close to Turnbull.

Christian Porter or Michaelia Cash could replace Brandis, with Mathias Cormann as the new Senate Leader.

Defence Minister Marise Payne has been speaking to the PM about her future and it’s possible she could be appointed Australia’s Ambassador in Brussels, where Dr Mark Higgie is nearing the end of his term, or she may even go to New York. Bizarrely, there has been a suggestion Peter Dutton could take the defence portfolio.

He has told those close to him that he would prefer the all-powerful, and highly retail, Homeland Security super-portfolio and would even prefer to remain as Immigration Minister than move into the graveyard role of Defence (although of course Christopher Pyne doesn’t see Defence in quite the same way).

Polls have predicted Dutton’s seat of Dickson is under threat, with a 1 per cent margin. Yet he has managed to hold the marginal seat for 16 years. He knows how to campaign and his profile has grown since the election.

The hard line image he has cultivated on both social and immigration issues is playing well in his Queensland electorate.

In other moves, Barnaby Joyce would shift to infrastructure from agriculture and water resources, and Angus Taylor could be in line for a new major projects role focused on IT and urban infrastructure projects.

Despite the lessons of Brexit and Trump, there’s disenchantment that, at the most globalised time in the world’s history, the government has lurched towards nationalism.

82. Up The Workers!

Senile Old Guy, at 7.51am says: “The double-think (on sexual discrimination) is amazing.”

I agree.

I am disgusted in the blatant sexual discrimination shown by authorities in locking up so many males in our prisons.

In the interests of sexual equality and anti-discrimination, at least one woman should be locked up for every man locked up in our prisons. If the only reason for NOT locking women up is the mere fact that they haven’t shown the initiative to commit as many crimes as men, then lock them up ANYWAY, because the politically correct cause of ‘equality’ far outweighs their mere excuse of ‘innocence’.

EQUALITY!

It’s a two-way street.

83. one old bruce

Back in the early days when the UN meant Mustafa Kamal and Nehru, being anti-religious seemed a good idea.

The Turks had just rescinded the then tried Khalifate, the superstitious Hindoos were to cease being a starving burden on the world and enrich themselves.

The problem is that by the time the pendulum of original good sense has swung into later generations it then goes too far the other way.

And it did seem in 19th century Russia that it was mainly religion which was preventing the masses developing into a prosperous assertive middle class like in other nations.

84. one old bruce

*Tired* Khalifate. Islam under Ottoman rule was exhausted and mostly pathetic apart from a very few regional uprisings. It appeared to be on its last legs. Think about that.

Chuckle. My advice is to memorise them so you can spot the changes. Can’t be too careful. 😊

Catholics declare war on the Libs
    The Catholic education system will campaign against the Turnbull government’s school funding arrangements.
    SIMON BENSON
    The Australian 12:00AM May 20, 2017

A significant bloc of MPs took a view prior to the budget that they needed to allow the government to focus on core business but made it clear to Senator Birmingham that he had to consult and find an arrangement with the Catholic sector. “He has failed to do that,” said one senior Liberal MP.

Senator Birmingham’s office said the minister did not hold any meeting with the Catholic sector yesterday.

Claims by Senator Birmingham that the Catholic sector had in the past received “a special deal” because it operated as a school system appear to have been undermined. Lutheran schools also operate as a system, as can any private school sector that applies as is provisioned for under legislation.

The Catholic Education Commission’s new research, obtained by The Weekend Australian, examined 72 Catholic systemic schools nationwide, finding 31 would need to raise fees by between $3000 and $4000 a child next year and another 21 schools would be hit with hikes of between $4000 and $5000.

Bill Shorten has continued to push the cause of Catholic schools, visiting St Brigid’s in the marginal Tasmanian electorate of Braddon yesterday. It was the Opposition Leader’s seventh visit to a Catholic school in the past fortnight since the government’s Gonski changes were announced.

He accused Malcolm Turnbull and his team of launching “an ­unconscionable attack into the Catholic systemic system’’.

“When will Mr Turnbull rea­l­ise, in his out-of-touch universe … that people who choose to send their kids to a local parish school should not be presumed to be wealthy,’’ he said.

Mr Shorten said private schools at the very top end didn’t need much more money but disagreed with the proposition that parents who chose to send their kids to a Catholic parish school “shouldn’t get some investment back for the taxes they pay — I don’t buy that’’.

On C.L.’s HuffPost “Islamic Feminism”.

The author has ignored the elephant in the room, of course. The only reason she can enjoy her “Islamic Feminism” as described is because she lives in the West. Just another cookie cutter Carlson or YAM.

88. Senile Old Guy

A CABINET reshuffle is the next stage of the government’s “reset” agenda. A reset in policy, perception and narrative was the play behind Scott Morrison’s populist Budget. That’s phase one: out with the tough cuts and unlegislated zombie measures that would never be passed.

Message to the electorate: too hard, so give up. Principles, who cares about them?

His private views on ministers and policy positions have certainly changed since the election, leaving some ministers heartbroken by the Budget and quietly fuming about the departure from lower-taxing, smaller government Liberal principles. Ministers also are dismayed at Turnbull and Morrison’s boasts that the Budget is pragmatic not ideological. But Turnbull has seen off his own leadership rivals and has made Bill Shorten vulnerable to threats from his own party. There’s no question Turnbull has achieved political momentum in recent weeks. He has no intention of losing it now.

The only ‘momentum’ Turnbull has achieved exists entirely in the minds of certain people in the political commentator class. The public don’t give a rat’s about any of it.

ALP voters: Turnbull is delivering ALP policy! Great! Let’s vote ALP!

Conservatives: Turnbull is delivering ALP policy, again. Let’s not vote LNP but for someone vaguely conservative. (Irrelevant in the lower house but possibly relevant in the senate.)

Swinging voters: Who knows?

As for Bill Shorten being ‘vulnerable to threats from his own party’…how does this matter? If he’s replaced it will be by another labor puppet.

89. john constantine

Their apostate shorten walks back to clothe himself in the flayed skin of the martyrs.

What next, womens weekly photos of shorten knitting a communion wafer?.

90. one old bruce

My pendulum analogy is also a bandwagon. It starts off sensibly then builds unstoppable momentum.

Take women (please!). At first it seemed sensible to make previously closed areas of education and public life open to them. (Or did it? I know at least one early Oz politician who imagined he could manipulate their vote his way when they got it). I have been friends with the family of one of Australia’s first female Vets, remarkable woman. Of course she would scoff at the idiocy of what some say now the door has been opened. But it has its own momentum. Once you start yelling ‘equality!’ all sorts of unexpected things become possible. Of course that is Edmund Bourke’s argument. Does Burke really tell us the solution though? His context, a sensible British world versus a hysterical Continental one, is long gone.

91. srr

Yep, and I also warned people about that Markson chick, but oh no, she’s a hottie and smart and … 🙄 … and, oh look, she’s a trusted conservative voice, telling us, we smart conservatives, that we’re behind Turnbull, coz only he can save us from those evil Kekistani Nazis … fFs …

92. miltonf

Huh?

93. Notafan

Islamic feminists delude themselves with their western freedoms.

Also vampires.

Could Count Dracula really be Argentinian or even Hungarian/Argentinian?

Think about it.

94. Anne

Calli, I’m not sure if you’re teasing but I know you’re a good Christian.

Is this how you remember:-

The Lord’s prayer
    Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
    Thy kingdom come Thy will be done.
    On earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread and forgive give us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
    Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory.
    Forever.
    Amen

Yeah, me too. Now, go find a Bible and look it up. It’s changed!

Scholastic Christians know the word Messiah appears twice in the Bible, John 1:41 & John 4:25. That word is now Messias!

Now, the word Messiah is still mentioned twice, but in Daniel 9:25 & 9:26 and both referring to the AntiChrist!

Here, a Minister describes other changes.

Here, a woman finds a dedication to Queen Elizabeth in her Father’s 1940’s Bible! A Bible she’s been reading her whole life!

95. There’s no question Turnbull has achieved political momentum in recent weeks.
    He has no intention of losing it now.

Huh?

Oh, Turdbull has achieved momentum alright, Miltonf.
    Like an M1 Abrams main battle tank, pushed out of a Hercules at 20,000 feet.
    Without a parachute.

The landing will be spectacular.

96. Anne

Is there anyone here old enough to remember the JFK assassination?

How many people were in the car?

Don’t look it up.

97. Notafan

Catholics should move to Australian Conservatives not further left to the Little Jiggler.

You want Catholic safe schools with no right to discriminate in hiring go Shorten.

Also with Scriptures Changing Supernaturally!

Too late for the Catholics anyhow, the vampire illuminati got to us first.

Though if Catholics don’t read the bible why does it matter what it says.

I just checked mine incidentally and it’s true all it says now is red rum red rum over and over.

98. Boambee John

Stimpy, from the old thread.

“Stimpson J. Cat
    #2384755, posted on May 20, 2017 at 12:17 am
    It’s more like the sort of thing a bloke would say……..strange.

Girls ain’t Girls.”

You got the last line wrong.

That should be “Goils aint Goils”.

99. H B Bear

After a twenty year career of nothing, two years as a token woman minister, Fatty Payne to be bought off with an overseas sinecure and a spot at the all you can eat DFAT buffet Mandy Vanstone style.

Nice work if you can get it.

100. How many people were in the car?

Five?

101. Notafan

Is that only in English language bibles or are they all affected?

Is there anyone here old enough to remember the JFK assassination?

How many people were in the car?
    Six.
    The driver.
    Governor Connolly and Mrs Connolly.
    JFK and Jackie.
    General Custer.

103. Boambee John

With a true Noo Joisey accent.

104. Anthony

And all of those fucking Injuns!

105. Notafan

Something definitely up.

Messias is the Latin word for Messiah!.

What sort of Christian would use Latin.

Another diabolical plot.

106. John constantine

Their turnfailure has achieved the same explosive momentum as possessed by the digestive system of flighty steers depastured onto fresh and sappy capeweed.

We all just hunker down and await the inevitable splatter effect.

I was teasing, Anne, but I’m also deadly serious. Memorising the Bible (or at least the key sections of the Gospels) is important as a discipline for Christians. And, as David says, the Word is “sweet as honey in the comb”.

There are always the early manuscripts to refer back to when new updates are planned. Bible scholars are very careful to maintain the integrity of the text, as are translators.

There have been mis-translations in the past. The one that springs to mind (and also the funniest) is Moses with “horns” after he spoke to the Lord. Michelangelo sealed it in marble, so to speak. 🙂

108. Baldrick

What started out as a very promising career for the alleged conservative Shari Markson, soon degraded into just another leftist journalist sprouting swampy talking points.
    Nikki Savva, minus the wrinkles.
    Sad.

(Sorry Tom)

We have more manuscripts of the Bible, both old and new testaments, than any other ancient text, and there is a high degree of consistency among them. Almost makes one think it was a matter of divine providence.

110. Baldrick

Assange now a free man.

Given his penchant for making the Clinton’s upset, freedom might not be something he wants to celebrate.

111. Notafan

Pastor Charles Garcia is right,

Matthew 16:18 is a false verse. For 2000 years Satan (with few (unnamed) exceptions) has controlled the entire Church world .

St Peter was not the holder of the Keys; its actually some bloke called Dr Eugene Scott

112. vr

So, the latest NYT leaks seem damaging. It beggars belief that Trup didn’t have the smarts to be careful what he said during his meeting with the Ruskies.

113. The great Mark Steyn on the poisoning of Robert Spencer:
    …the great appeal of multiculturalism is that it absolves you from having to know anything about other cultures: If they’re all equally valid, what’s the point? … But, after two generations of social engineering, of the substitution of attitudes for education, it would require too much effort to equip yourself to argue against the difficult questions a man such as Robert Spencer raises. It’s literally easier to kill him.

114. .

Too late for the Catholics anyhow, the vampire illuminati got to us first.

Even with our crosses and holy water? Hell, I even know an Irish Catholic family that grows garlic.

115. Anthony

If the rubbish being published by the NYT and WPost can be exposed as complete nonsense, then those papers should be charged with some sort of subversion. They are, in fact, trying to bring down a legitimately elected US government by publishing lies.

116. Rabz

Turnbull has achieved political momentum in recent weeks

117. .

OneWorldGovernment
    #2384774, posted on May 20, 2017 at 12:55 am
    not sure if this is good nor bad

Assange needs to be free. Watch citizen four. Don’t trust the government, intelligence services, big IT companies, your device or foreign governments.

118. vr

Anthony — the WH didn’t dispute the NYT accounts of the conversation.

119. incoherent rambler

Second that!

120. Anne

Every time I try to type a response my device goes off!!!

121. john constantine

Their shorten, born catholic, milked the system then walked away apostate for fun times and money, is now seen as the better catholic than the turnfailure who converted to become a catholic as a grown man and did it for love?.

Not a team turnfailure debacle coalition fan, but he is a better man than their moist and oozing shortfilth.

Their apostate shorten can actually play the sectarian card against the convert turnfailure and be sanctified for it?.

Something is wrong somewhere.

122. Makka

That was the message when Abbott raised taxes. It hasn’t changed from that point on.

123. OldOzzie

As a User of Radiotherapy (Thanks RNSH), would be interested in any Cat Medico/Techo’ thoughts on

This Machine Can Map and Zap Multiple Tumors at the Same Time

RefleXion’s bio-guided radiotherapy identifies cancer cells by their metabolic activity.

Form and function
    RefleXion’s equipment identifies cancer cells by their metabolic activity, allowing technicians to detect, analyze, and zap multiple tumors in a single treatment, in some cases without the need for a biopsy.

1. Trace
    A technician injects a patient with a radioactive glucose tracer before sliding her into the 6-foot-long RefleXion machine.

2. Scan
    The RefleXion machine’s positron emission tomography (PET) scanners show the hyperactive metabolic activity of tumors.

3. Treat
    A computer-controlled linear accelerator beams X-rays only at tumors, avoiding healthy tissue.

Origin
    Mazin, an electrical engineer, came up with the idea of simultaneously locating and treating tumors in 2007 while working as a postdoctoral fellow in radiology at Stanford. He founded RefleXion in 2009 with computer engineer Akshay Nanduri.

Next Steps
    “The new RefleXion unit represents a major paradigm shift in the way we deliver advanced radiation therapy,” says Dwight Heron, director of radiation services at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center CancerCenter, because it eliminates several steps in the process of tumor detection and treatment. The company says its device may also significantly reduce costs, and the prototype will be ready for patient treatment by the end of next year.

124. Every time I try to type a response my device goes off!!!

I once had a girlfriend a bit like that.

Nikki Savva, minus the wrinkles.
    Sad.

(Sorry Tom)

Baldrick, I thought you knew: you forgive leftard wymmyses if they’re drop-dead gorgeous. It’s the JC Doctrine.

In any case, Shazza is generally an very good reporter (i.e., tells us stuff we didn’t know as opposed to the Fakefacts method of reporting “news” they wish existed). And she’s a Joo, so she knows she’ll never be accepted by Their Left’s anti-semite racists.

126. Beliaik

Cats, this is from the ABC FOI thread but I thought it might be enjoyed here, too.

The system (relaxivism) is similar to lying in cover on a ridge as a battlefield sniper, firing targeted shots to harry enemy troops. It’s not about “goals” or “wins” – it’s about maintaining a distracting barrage.

My main mechanism is letters to the editors of my local papers. It’s cheap, easy, fun and reaches those who’ve never heard of the blogosphere. Here’s today’s submission (h/t Johanna).

Anyone who wants to can feel free to use any or all of it as their own – words are just bullets in the war on stupid. It matters not who fires them as long as they are fired.

The Editor
    (Insert newspaper name here)

In the last ten years the ABC has published just over 10,500* “climate alarm” articles across its many platforms.

The ABC are huge supporters of the (fake) “97% consensus” and use it to justify their very biased reporting.

But, wait! The ABC’s Code of Practice requires it include all views, no matter how diverse.

Therefore there should be about 325 climate articles that represent the “other 3%”, right?

So where are they? Intensive searching yielded none.

The ABC were asked for them under Freedom of Information laws. They couldn’t find any either!

This is proof, if you still needed it, of the blatant bias of our public broadcaster. They appear to have abandoned any pretext of sound journalism.

The ABC is now nothing more than the political left’s propaganda machine – at a cost to taxpayers equivalent to building four new major hospitals each and every year.

To add insult to injury the ABC just advertised for a “twitter manager” for 4 Corners – with a salary package of over $100,000 per annum.

It is time to sell the ABC. Let it compete with other media companies on its own merits – if it can.

Yes, the left will scream. But they can put the money where their mouths are and buy it. At least then they’d be its legal owners and not an occupying force.

(225 words)
    (Beliaik)
    (* The 10,500 figure for climate articles was pulled out of my ar… computer models.)

127. miltonf

Pretty much sums it up

128. srr

BenGarrison Cartoons‏Verified account @GrrrGraphics

New #BenGarrison #Cartoon You GOTTA be Kidding!
    #LockherUp #HillaryClinton Anthony Weiner #SethRich more at

129. mike of marion

Portland harbour. Fascinating to watch the wood chip unloaders handling the semitrailers and the B doubles.
    The hydraulic lifts angles must approach near 45 degrees for the unload.

And the smart bloke who invented the sliding chassis so the bins on the trucks close up for unloading the chips.

130. Woolfe

Brilliant work Beliaik, are you on twitter? Another front in the attack!

131. Beliaik

Negative Woolfe. Too much to do and not enough time.

132. Farmer Gez

The CFA fire insurance levy cost our farm about four grand, now the rate based system costs us eight. The unions know it is a cash cow as long a property prices continue to rise. No gym memberships for me but I still get pay for the CFA and fight the fires for free. Indentured labour.

133. Baldrick

Tom, I’m willing to concede ‘drop-dead gorgeous’, but I can’t get over her Nikki Savva love-child opinion of Michael Trumble.

134. OldOzzie

#2384950, posted on May 20, 2017 at 9:31 am
    That sounds a little like the gamma knife equipment.

Thanks for that, have bookmarked for future Reference

OldOzzie

135. srr

Jordan B Peterson‏ @jordanbpeterson 40m

You know strange times are here when 200000 people watch a Canadian Senate hearing in two days

136. Chris

Up the Workers!
    Yes. And for suicide – equalidee in the face of mysogynee – refuse to accept unsuccessful attempts!
    NADT, that was a JOKE – urgh im donfor nonononno…

137. .

Why are people blowing up that Cathy Freeman is an Aboriginal? She can’t hide it unless she wears a burqa.

138. .

Only women are allowed to have double standards regarding sexism.

139. .

Anne
    #2384874, posted on May 20, 2017 at 8:16 am

Let’s say you’re right. This isn’t a bad thing. It is more exploration possibly and otherwise possibly more insight into exotic/breakthrough propulsion systems.

Some people thought travelling faster than horses was gonna kill people.

Chill the fuck out Anne.

Dot, I believe the objection was that Freeman was described as the indigenous Cathy Freeman.
    Just Cathy Freeman would do.

141. Infidel Tiger

OMG- Denzel Washington is a white supremacist!!

I knew it!

142. .

Tel
    #2384849, posted on May 20, 2017 at 7:36 am
    Assange now a free man.

He can still be arrested in England for skipping bail. For a crime he is no longer being tried for.

What a crock of shit. What a sham!

143. Nick

Unfortunately the ‘word’ isn’t verbatim, with Gospels being formed by ‘the oral tradition’ , the last Gospel being written 100 years after Christ’s death. The gist of it, I would say would be correct, given. the similarities that exist between the various Gospels.

144. Nick

She can’t hide it unless she wears a burqa.

You just know that day is coming

145. min

Issue of the week for some has been the crap food that is sold in school canteens. There were no school canteens until after WWII when mothers like mine started Oslo Lunch canteens , brown bread sandwich and a piece of fruit. However by the time I got to High School pies ,sausage rolls , sweets etc were being sold.
    Back then we walked a lot so no fat kids well I can remember one in our year.

146. Infidel Tiger

Markson is a vegan and a journalist. I don’t consider her to be human.

Er, no.

Julian Assange @JulianAssange
    Detained for 7 years without charge by while my children grew up and my name was slandered. I do not forgive or forget.

He was not detained. He chose to avoid facing the charges by going into extra-territorial hiding.

148. .

“The Hiberno-Australian Currency Lad…”

“The Hiberno-Scottish-Australian Eddie McGuire…”

LOL. Just silly isn’t it?

The treacherous scum of the Deep State are now leaking every conversation POTUS 45 has with the unambiguous intention of trying to destroy him. He must now go nuclear against the Deep State: install his own WH communications security team from outside the swamp; debug the whole joint; start holding important meetings at downtown hotels or Mar a Lago, FL, if necessary — anywhere but the White House; and instead of blaming the meeja, start talking at rallies about his war with the rogue DNC-aligned spooks in the Deep State establishment.

150. Eyrie

Yeah,

I’ll go with five. SS agent in front passenger seat, driver, JFK, Jackie and Texas governor John connelly in the back.

151. Tailgunner

Vox Day just published this excellent news.

Friday, May 19, 2017

It appears the former FBI Director may have badly misplayed his hand when he raised the issue of his
    memos:

Yesterday, the New York Times reported that former Director Comey created memos regarding his interactions with President Trump, “a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence an ongoing investigation.”‘ ‘The article stated that “Mr. Comey created similar memos – including some that are classified about every phone call and meeting he had with the president.” More generally, the article stated “Mr. Comey was known among his closet advisers to document conversations that he believed would later be called into question.” Presumably, this means that Mr. Comey created similar memoranda relating to other controversial conversations, whether with officials in the current administration or the prior one.

We – meaning the Senate Judiciary Committee – are writing to request that the FBI provide the Committee with all such memos, if they exist, that Mr. Comey created memorializing interactions he had with Presidents Trump and Obama, Attorneys General Sessions and Lynch, and Deputy Attorneys General Rosenstein, Boente, and Yates regarding the investigations of Trump associates’ alleged connections with Russia or the Clinton email investigation. Please provide these documents by no later than May 24, 2017.

So, either Comey will be revealed as an unreliable source if he has no other memos, or he’s going to have to spill whatever dirt he’s been hiding in defense of Hillary Clinton to the Senate committee. What is interesting is that this is a bipartisan senatorial effort; further complicating the matter is the fact that recordings of some of these meetings may exist as well.

If Comey thought that he could damage the President by artful hintings and bluffing, it looks like he miscalculated.

H/t rvf.
    Frabjous Day!
    😀

MSM will like MT as long as he is doing Lefty work.

153. Stimpson J. Cat

I refer to your repeated condescending, nay, derogatory remarks about ‘ethnics’.And I am not an ‘ethnic’ as you are wont to call people.

So you are white?
    Is that what you mean?
    What’s wrong with being ethnic Mark?
    What exactly does ethnic mean?
    I really don’t think you have thought this through.

154. Rabz

Sod Shazza Markson, Claire Lehmann is now my favourite media “it girl”.

Phwoaaaaaarrrrr …

Today’s Trump fake news deconstruction …
    In the SMH (of course):

1. Donald Trump told Russians firing ‘nut job’ James Comey eased pressure from investigation.

Washington: President Donald Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the FBI director, James Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarising the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by a US official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

LOL.

2. Russia probe reaches White House official close to Donald Trump.

The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official.

LOL.

Tom
    #2384976, posted on May 20, 2017 at 9:45 am

Nixon faced similar leaks and tried using plumbers.
    DT is probably a stronger person.

157. Senile Old Guy

Julian Assange @JulianAssange

Correct. He could have faced those charges, and rebutted the slander, but chose not to.

I suspect a lot of the stuff is simply made up, invented, pure bullshit.

Yet another anonymous source comes up with amazingly detailed transcripts of things that were said in what should theoretically be about the most secure building in the world. Makes you wonder huh?

Systematically sacking and replacing everyone in the Whitehouse staff would probably be a generally good thing for the nation as a while, good to cycle through some new blood. Avoid stagnation. The newspapers would continue to publish anything that comes to their heads this minute… nothing can prevent that. And their dumb readers would keep lapping it up as well.

159. .

He could have been handed over to the US and been given a show trial for exposing the illegal nature of the deep state as well.

160. Baldrick

Clockboy looses his case for getting his hands on other people’s money:

A federal judge has dismissed a discrimination lawsuit brought by the family a Muslim student who was arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school that officials believed to be a bomb, saying the student’s attorneys failed to prove he was treated differently based on his race or religion.
    Mohamed Mohamed, the student’s father, filed a federal lawsuit in August 2016 against the Irving Independent School District (IISD), MacArthur High School principal Daniel Cummings and the city of Irving, Texas, alleging officials violated the boy’s civil rights by imposing a 3-day suspension for bringing the clock to school.
    On Thursday, Judge Sam Lindsay of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas granted the defendants’ motion to dismiss the lawsuit, saying the plaintiffs had failed to prove officials discriminated against Mohamed.
    In his ruling, Lindsay dismissed claims against the city and the school district, writing that the court could not “reasonably infer that any IISD employee intentionally discriminated against [Mohamed] based on his race or religion.”
    He also dismissed the claim against Cummings, the principal, who Mohamed’s team said violated his civil rights and treated the boy unfairly. Lindsay wrote the plaintiff’s complaint “does not allege that [Cummings] treated [Mohamed] differently than other similarly situated students, and that the unequal treatment was based on religion or race.”
    Mohamed’s family announced they would be moving to Qatar shortly after Ahmed’s arrest.

Nick, no contemporary scholar would place the Gospel of John that late. The critical “consensus” these days, fwiw, is 90-100ad., although that is based on assumptions and not hard evidence. If we take the gospel at face value, John 5:2 indicates it was probably written before the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70.

Lefties fall for Twitter hoax:

Sean Spicier @sean_spicier
    Anthony Weiner will plead guilty to transferring obscene material. On top of sexting a minor, he also sent pics of Hillary in a bathing suit
    12:00 AM – 20 May 2017

Which Gospel is this, Nick?

John was an old man, but not that old.
    Luke wrote a two-parter, the second not including the death of Paul.
    Mark was a contemporary and companion of Peter’s
    Matthew was a disciple

He would never even have made it to Sweden, extraordinary rendition the moment they got hold of him.

165. Anne

I can see why, Calli. God must have known Satan would change it. The Great Deception where even the elect if possible will be deceived.

Exactly. Check Matthew 9:17. Do you remember when wine skins became bottles?

Check Isaiah 11. Do you remember when the Lion lay down with the Lamb.

Nope, it’s a wolf now!

166. From the old thread:

Old School Conservative
    #2384708, posted on May 19, 2017 at 11:28 pm

NDIS.
    Tell me what the Insurance part is. Please.

The plan eventually calls for the NDIS, DSP, OAP, and now Medicare, it seems, to be paid for by a levy and other imposts on your super funds. The levy part will be called “Insurance”.

From Baldrick’s post, upthread. Seems everyone’s a winner.

168. Anne

The Lord’s prayer
    Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
    Thy kingdom come Thy will be done.
    On earth as it is in heaven.
    Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory.
    Forever and ever.
    Amen

You will not find this version now, in any Bible anywhere.

169. struth

Sharri Markson should be seen (often) but never ever heard.

Children commenting on politics is always a laugh.

170. Rabz

Poor ol’ Señor Assange still can’t catch a break.

171. Makka

The levy part will be called “Insurance”.

That is to insure the Uniparty remain in power.

172. Baldrick

They returned to the USA after becoming home sick Zulu, in 2016 and then filed law suits.

173. Snoopy

Trump must be pissed off that House of Cards spilled the beans on the White House stairwell.

174. .

You will not find this version now, in any Bible anywhere.

Becuase that version sounds more poetic, it is used in services.

Modern bibles are translated from the earliest source possible and tediously translated for accuracy.

There is no conspiracy afoot.

You will not find this version now, in any Bible anywhere.

And you probably never could, afaik. It’s a liturgical revision of the prayer based on the Authorised Version’s (colloquially known as the King James Version) translation of 1611.

Sod Shazza Markson, Claire Lehmann is now my favourite media “it girl”.

Phwoaaaaaarrrrr …

Good heavens, Rabz. Do you realise that Claire still hasn’t denied her dad is Mr Ed?

Anne
    #2385004, posted on May 20, 2017 at 10:01 am

The King James Version of the Bible
    gutenberg.org
    Luke 11:1
    11:1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
    11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
    11:3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
    11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

178. Makka

Here we go, the Australian Education Union on ALPBC claiming hundreds of thousands of their “students” have a learning DISABILITY and require additional separate funding.

The NDIS will eventually consume Australia.

179. Libby Zee

Goils ain’t goils

“That was a close one, Sol”

We did laugh … last night and this morning.

180. Anne

I keep losing my comments!

Srr knows why.

Sod Shazza Markson, Claire Lehmann is now my favourite media “it girl”.

Phwoaaaaaarrrrr …

Sod Shazza Markson, Claire Lehmann is now my favourite media “it girl”.

Phwoaaaaaarrrrr …

Poor ol’ Señor Assange still can’t catch a break.

Monsieur Assange actually.

WikiLeaks founder Assange to request asylum in France after rape allegation dropped

PARIS, May 19 (Xinhua) — Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks, will appeal for asylum in France to avoid extradition to the United States where he could face trial over the publication of classified documents, his lawyer Juan Branco said Friday.

Branco told France Info radio that since the allegations over sex crimes were dropped in Sweden, Assange would now try to leave the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where he has been staying since 2012, and ask for political asylum in France.

“It would be the responsibility of France to give him political asylum,” Branco said.

He’s got to get through London plod first. They might have some say about it.

Wycliff’s version, the earliest English translation, doesn’t include the two lines either.

No conspiracy. It wasn’t there.

185. Anne

Dot, I’ve never attended Services in my life. That is the Prayer I learned from our family Bible at five years old and it’s the exact Prayer Melania Trump recently publicly recited.

It’s curious that she would do that. It’s never been done before.

That Macron looks like a trustworthy guy… I’m sure an independent thinker like him would be quite sympathetic to Julian Assange’s long history of upsetting the globalist apple cart.

187. Nick

Which Gospel is this, Nick?

John was an old man, but not that old.
    Luke wrote a two-parter, the second not including the death of Paul.
    Mark was a contemporary and companion of Peter’s
    Matthew was a disciple

Calli, this is from bible.org:

Jesus’ ministry was from A.D. 27-30. Noted New Testament scholar, F.F. Bruce, gives strong evidence that the New Testament was completed by A.D. 100.3 Most writings of the New Testament works were completed twenty to forty years before this. The Gospels are dated traditionally as follows: Mark is believed to be the first gospel written around A.D. 60. Matthew and Luke follow and are written between A.D. 60-70; John is the final gospel, written between A.D. 90-100.

188. Anne

No conspiracy. It wasn’t there.

Step 1: change reality.
    Step 2: convince or reject doubters.

Even the elect will be deceived.

189. Rev. Archibald

That is the version I learnt as a child in church too, Anne.
    Way in the past, before Anglicans became irretrievably gay.

190. Chris

Beliaik, nice attitude. Its very satisfying when you get one published, and does reach people.
    I like to try to deliver well-deserved Ministerials onto Government departments. I write to the Minister and to my local Member, asking certain questions not necessarily under FOI; I believe they can charge under State FOI but not Commonwealth. The result HAS to be at least 4 hours work for some poor bastard in the Department. Repeat for effect.

191. struth

Australian students do have a learning disability.
    It’s called the teachers union.

192. duncanm

Earliest evidence of Aboriginal occupation of Australian coast discovered

— Barrow island, cut of from the mainland by rising seas 7000 years ago.

Must be the AGW again, all those prehistoric coal fired power stations

193. .

struth
    #2385037, posted on May 20, 2017 at 10:33 am
    Australian students do have a learning disability.
    It’s called the teachers union.

Bwahahahahaha!

Gold, sir.

I’ve just highlighted the maths problem, Nick. I know there’s a bit of a discrepancy with the year zero (Christ’s birth), but not thirty-odd years.

🙂

It’s a little more complicated than that. Some translations do take liberties with the text in the interest of making the Bible more readily understandable by the contemporary reader – “dumbing down”, as the Americans say. Also, the issue of inclusive language has been a thorny one in recent decades. In some places the NT Greek is more inclusive than traditional English renderings; anthropoi, for e.g., can be translated “brothers and sisters” according to context, but until 1989 it was rendered as “brothers” regardless of context. Latching on to this, the translators of the NRSV, under the influence of feminism, went too far and introduced some inaccurate, if not highly tendentious, translations of certain passages. Recently, the NIV, which evangelicals hitherto preferred, did the same thing, creating a storm of cotroversy. Having said that, no translation is perfect, although most are accurate enough.

196. struth

Assange trying to go to globalist France…….?

197. Anne

Nick, Roger, Calli, there’s no point researching the Net. History has changed.

Trust your memory.

How many people were in the car when JFK was shot?

Four? Not anymore.

Now the Zapruder tape shows six.

198. .

Anne, are you just taking the piss? No? I’m worried about you otherwise.

199. Top Ender

So, no lawsuit victory and they have buggered off to Qatar.

The Trumpism continues!

200. john constantine

“The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has been quick to defend Mr Ruddock’s work, and his record. A spokesperson from the Department says he “has been unstinting in his efforts to abolish the death penalty and was a key anti-apartheid advocate in the Australian Parliament for many years”.

There’s also the question of money.

The Gillard government spent about $24 million on its successful tilt for a seat on the UN Security Council in 2012, which was kick-started by Kevin Rudd.

It also ramped up aid in Africa and across the Caribbean as it courted votes.

This time, it’s different. The Coalition has been cutting back growth in the aid budget, and the Foreign Minister has made it clear there will be no cash splash in the contest for the Human Rights Council seat.

“The use of our aid budget to buy votes was not a practice I supported, nor do I support it now,” Ms Bishop said.”

Their Lady Skeletor commits Australia to suck as much cock as it takes to become luvved by the insiders of the Crony GlobalistNew Aristocracy and get a seat on their u.n. human rights militia.

201. Chris

Tel, we could only hope.

202. Nick

Ok, so we get 70 years after Christs’ death. Semantics as to what were the exact words that Christ used become slightly reunandant. I’m sure we’d both agree that the message was the main thing.

203. .

Chris
    #2385051, posted on May 20, 2017 at 10:39 am

Tel, we could only hope.

Um, why?

Go and watch Citizen Four. Have you any idea of the litany of crimes the US intelligence services have committed?

204. Chris

Anne, your wit is getting to me. I was starting to believe your conspiracy loony act was for reals.

205. Libby Zee

If Assange leaves the Ecuadorian Embassy in a diplomatic vehicle will he be safe from arrest by the UK? Assuming yes, if he is driven to Dover and onto a ferry to Calais can he safely leave the vehicle once the ferry sails or must he wait until the vehicle leaves the ferry at Calais and is on French soil?

206. notafan

Some Jehovah’s Witness level/quality bible knowledge out there.

Witnesses are the only ones to have made substantial changes to the bible to suit their own theology (other than Luther of of course)

The New World Bible is aptly named.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. excerpt from paper by Dr. Thomas Holland

207. .

You tell me Grigory, you’re a solicitor.

Nick, I was just illustrating why it’s important to get these things right. There has been a lot of b/s over the years about those Gospels.

And Anne is having a ball. I can tell by the look on her typeface.

209. Neil

Would this happen in private enterprise?

How do bean counters at the NBN get through the daily grind? With the help of $437,000 worth of taxpayer-funded coffee.

NBN Co has revealed it spent $210,000 of public money buying high-end espresso machines for its office staff – at an average cost of roughly $5000 for each piece of equipment. It has also spent $145,000 on coffee and $82,000 on machine maintenance.

The company in charge of building Australia’s high-speed broadband network, which has 5000 staff, also appears to be spending more on coffee than all other major government departments and agencies, which have a combined total of about 155,000 staff.

210. Chris

I said

Tel, we could only hope.
    . asks Um, why?

I am maintaining my post-Snowden posture. Just because the slimy swine pleases us fascisti by publishing the DNC hack does not mean he is not a slimy swine whose efforts encouraged Bradley Manning and Snowden to betray the war effort at huge cost to the good guys.

And just because some of the good guys commit crimes does not make us the bad side. Its war, children.

211. Tailgunner

What you’re seeing in the news is a WITCH HUNT.

But the real victim isn’t me. It’s YOU and the millions of other brave Americans who refused to bow down to Washington by voting for REAL CHANGE last November.

Democrat hacks posing as journalists and unelected bureaucrats have incited a witch hunt to try and obstruct the American voters’ agenda. This is a sad moment for our republic.

But I will never back down. You’ve seen politicians cave to special interests for far too long. Not anymore! I was elected to FIGHT and WIN for the American people.

No one said it would be easy, but nothing great in life ever is. Now I hope I can count on you — someone I trust — to keep fighting to stop the special interests from robbing you of the future you voted for last November.

Trump fundraiser email.
    Lol – “Democrat hacks”!!
    😀
    😀

Only the silly would doubt this man.

Wow! I hadn’t realised the reason Melania is almost as tall as Trump with heels on is that she is 5’10”.

Interesting book review:

The Islam In Islamic Terrorism

Ibn Warraq, the celebrated apostate, author of Why I Am Not A Muslim and of scholarly works on the Koran, Muhammad, and early Islam, as well as polemical works in defense of the West, has now written The Islam in Islamic Terrorism, showing, in the words of the Islamic fundamentalists (or, more exactly, revivalists) themselves, what really motivates Islamic terrorists today, and what has motivated them since the time of the Kharijites in the first century of Islam: the belief in the need to recover the pristine Islam of the time of Muhammad, by removing all innovations (bid’a), the further belief that it is the duty of Muslims to wage Jihad against all Unbelievers until Islam everywhere dominates, and to bring about the resurrection of the caliphate, and the imposition of Islamic Law, or Sharia, all over the globe.

The book is well-sourced, with copious citations from Koran, hadith, sunna, and sira. Ibn Warraq allows the terrorist ideologues to speak for themselves, and at length. … The comprehensive bibliography is divided into primary and secondary sources, for those who wish to pursue the subject further.. It will be impossible for Muslim apologists to rebut any part of this incredible work. What they will do is try to have it ignored, or to dismiss a work of solid scholarship as merely an apostate’s “Islamophobia.”

214. Top Ender

And then I read Baldrick’s link….

John is the final gospel, written between A.D. 90-100.

Nick, the dating scheme listed is based on critical conjecture, not known facts or hard evidence. It fits critical theories concerning oral tradition and theological development. But these theories remain just that -hypotheses, not known facts, and as such they are subject to change as new evidence presents itself. In the 19th C. critics dated John’s gospel to the 2nd century AD because they thought it was too theologically advanced for the 1st C. AD. In the meantime we’ve learned more about Gnosticism and Hellenism in Palestine, such that a 1st C. date for the gospel is no longer problematic. Curiously, the one place critical scholars fail to look at for a date for John’s Gospel is the gospel itself! As I noted above, if we take the gospel at face value, which believers are inclined to do, John’s gospel was probably written before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD, since he refers to the pool by the sheep gate in Jerusalem in the present tense.

216. Top Ender

If Anne’s story is true:

then, then…Custer could have been at the Alamo.

217. Rev. Archibald

Stop saying “problematic”.
    It is idiotic.
    And when did the word “flavoursome” get replaced with “flavourful”?

War effort?

Ummm, who are we at war with now? Was there a declaration of war? Hopefully still Eurasia as always.

219. Rev. Archibald

If you use any of the following words I immediately put all you say into the category: babbling ravings of an unthinking monkey.
    Flavourful.
    Problematic.
    Inappropriate.
    Community.
    Mindful.

220. H B Bear

MSM will like MT as long as he is doing Lefty work.

Waffles loves a tummy rub. Straight from the DSM5.

221. incoherent rambler

Barrow island, cut of from the mainland by rising seas 7000 years ago.

Geological blink of an eye.

What were the Egyptians doing 5000BC?

nota, Luther’s translation into German was quite good and actually provided a basis for the English tradition via Tyndale, the AV, etc. I have a parallel German-English version in my library which shows this quote clearly. Luther himself was a lecturer in Hebrew and when he thought his Greek wasn’t good enough he consulted Melanchthon, probably the best Greek scholar of the day. They used Erasmus’s recently published NT manuscript. “Die Luther Bibel” has stood up so well over time it is still widely used in Germany with only minor revisions.

223. Stimpson J. Cat

What were the Egyptians doing 5000BC?

Building Stargates for the transgender guy from the Crying Game.

224. .

Chris
    #2385063, posted on May 20, 2017 at 10:47 am
    I said

Tel, we could only hope.
    . asks Um, why?

“The war effort!” Which one?

Watch Citizen Four. The US cares more about spying on their own citizens than it does actually winning wars abroad.

225. Nick

Roger, I have no issue with any of that, as you say, there is plenty of conjecture. My key point was that focusing on what words are right or wrong takes things a little too literally, especially as Christ wasn’t speaking English at the time.

Stop saying “problematic”. It is idiotic.

Nonsense.

Problematic (noun); thing that constitutes a problem.

What’s problematic about that?

😉

227. Chris

then, then…Custer could have been at the Alamo.

He was. It is attested in the stele of Hammurabi.

He wasn’t?

Next thing you’ll say is he didn’t have blonde hair and blue eyes!

But seriously…the words are actually quite important, given the doctrine of inspiration which virtually all Christian denominations still subscribe to, even the Catholics 😉

1 2 3 6