Wednesday Forum: November 15, 2017

2,119 Responses to Wednesday Forum: November 15, 2017

1. Stimpson J. Cat

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2553935, posted on November 15, 2017 at 12:53 pm
    Attention all Primary School Age Kid Parents.

If there is one day you ask your kids
    “Did anything important happen at school today? “,
    Make it today.

Ros Greenwood on “Why Western Sydney Voted No.”
    It’s all about disenfranchised blue collar voters.
    Not a word about Moozleys anywhere.

Sorry Ross Greenwood.
    But, who knows … he might be Ros tomorrow.

Conservatives today: Muslims are alright cos they also hate the same people we do, we should start a political movement with them.

Agreement on one issue doth not a coalition make.

Australian Conservatives are committed to conserving Australia’s Judeo-Christian heritage & resisting Islamicisation & obviously PHON would appeal to many Muslims.

The more likely upshot, as suggested above, is that this will lead to more political consciousness within the Muslim community as they realise Labor doesn’t actually give them their own political voice.

sorry: PHON would not appeal to many Muslims.

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2554057, posted on November 15, 2017 at 2:32 pm
    Beautiful dresses just beautiful….

LOL

Can this win the Walkley for the least surprising news report of 2017?

Victoria’s public sector is ballooning faster than private employment ranks (Hun $)

VICTORIA’S public service is booming under the Andrews Government with thousands of new workers costing taxpayers an extra $1.6 billion per year.

The government workforce has ballooned faster than the private sector for the past three financial years, according to the latest Victoria’s Auditor General financial report tabled in Parliament today.

The government ranks swelled by more than 4200 workers over the period, hitting 238,928 full time jobs as of June 2017.

Government workers also saw bigger pay packets with wage rises outstripping other Victorian industries.

They’re breeding almost as fast as the bollards are.

8. Mother Lode

Don’t spoil it for him, Roger.

He thinks he has a gotcha.

9. DrBeauGan

Don’t you dare call me a conservative, m0nty. Thems fighting words. Also, I don’t hate poofs. They can’t help being what they are, and I can’t help it if what they are gives me the creeps. So I avoid them and they can go about buggering each other in privacy. But if they start annoying me, I’ll get cross.

Oh, and I’m not a Catholic either. You claim to be one, I understand.

10. candy

The mixture of Sydney’s No voters is fascinating.
    Blue collar, those without job security, Muslims, Chinese and other cultures, PHON voters, Catholics, anti PC, older folk.

11. Mother Lode

In other news, Monty thinks gay men and straight women have much in common because they both like guys.

12. John64

Looks like Windmills Weatherill and his Greek Finance Manager will have to come up with a new plan to keep Mainland Tasmania solvent:

The South Australian government has abandoned its controversial bank tax, punching a big hole in the state’s finances.

In a move welcomed by the Australian Bankers’ Association and the wider business community, Premier Jay Weatherill says the proposed levy will not be pursued because it has no prospect of passing parliament’s upper house.

“For all intents and purposes, the bank tax is dead,” Mr Weatherill told reporters on Wednesday.

Then Atlas shrugged.

14. Mother Lode

They’re breeding almost as fast as the bollards are.

Lets put the bollards in front of their offices.

For every hour they are standing about outside baffled by these things, trying to organise committees to deal with it and compiling demands to their supervisors, every hour they are away from their desks, will be one job saved.

15. H B Bear

Democracy. Good and hard Victoriastanis.

I wonder about the Catholics, actually.

I suspect that in western Sydney charismatics and evangelicals would be more consistently “No” on principle than Catholics, many of whom disregard the teachings of their church.

17. Stimpson J. Cat

Thank f$ck the YES vote won.

I don’t think I could have taken a day full of Gay Gasbottle Suicide Bombers.

18. v_maet

Bruce of Newscastle re: Vic public service.

4000 or so over 3 years is actually low.

QLD Labor saw 5x that amount over the same period.

Chuckle.

20. notafan

Muslims and Catholics have much more in common than Muslims and lefties. It only needs to be pointed out to Muslims.

No they don’t.

Muslims and lefties both passionately desire the destruction of Christendom.

A shared opposition to same sex marriage, is hardly enough to make us bedfellows.

In truth islamic sexuality is so depraved, if you give it more than a single thought, it requires extraordinary twisting for lefties to remain in bed with islam.

Child marriage, the rape of sex slaves all lawful no matter how you slice it.

21. notafan

Which principles would they be Roger, the ones on the use of contraception or perhaps divorce?

You need to be clear whether you are talking about very nominal Catholics (like Monty) or actual practicing Catholics who accept the teachings of the church.

I have no doubt that regular church going Evangelicals are stronger in faith, than any nominal Christians, goes with the territory.

22. Boambee John

m0nty

Fixed that Safe Schools homework yet?

23. A Lurker

Social conservatives may well lose tomorrow and lose big. Lose with dignity.

You mean like the dignity the Left and the Republicans showed when they lost the Republic referendum vote in 1999?

Riiiiiiiiiight. Got it!

24. DrBeauGan

Child marriage, the rape of sex slaves all lawful no matter how you slice it.

You’re just a bigot, Notafan. An islamophobic biggoty bigot. Ask m0nty.

Quite obviously on the principle that marriage is between a man and a woman.

26. notafan

Last time I asked Monty he lied to me.

Unhappily, most practicing Catholics I meet and discuss religion with make it clear they don’t accept all the teachings of the Catholic church, including on contraception and divorce. Given their moral confusion I wouldn’t be surprised if they supported ss “m”.

I don’t think one could call them nominal…bad Catholics, perhaps?

28. jupes

The homos are working their magic already.

First day in 12 months that the msn page in a Trump-free-zone.

29. Yet another word has been co-opted for exclusive use by a small minority.
    So we now need an additional word to distinguish real marriage from marriage.

30. one old bruce

straight in a gay gay world
    gayness always brings me down from the mountain

For the straightforward pathway had been lost.
    Ah me! how hard a thing it is to say
    What was this forest savage, rough, and stern,
    Which in the very thought renews the fear.
    So bitter is it, death is little more…

31. Snoopy

Trevor Ncube‏Verified account
    @TrevorNcube
    44m44 minutes ago
    Zimbabweans owe a debt of gratitude to Grace Mugabe. We couldn’t have gotten to this point without her able and determined help. #Zimbabwe 😎
    46 replies 169 retweets 302 likes
    Reply 46 Retweet 169 Like 302

32. notafan

OK Roger but still a long bow to draw.

33. notafan

Cafeteria Catholics is the official terminology for such Roger.

They should toddle off to the Uniting Church where they belong.

Roger
    #2554099, posted on November 15, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Catholic or non-Catholic.
    No ifs, buts or maybes. The Catholic church of my parents and grandparents.

35. Baldrick

Just a small sample of what Love is Love really meant:

Marriage Equality for Australia 🏳️‍🌈 @cocaineandfuck
    All of the No voters can go choke on a fucking dick today and if you enjoying choking on a dick well then you can go fuck yourself with a cactus 😘
    ______
    ry 🏳️‍🌈 we said YES 🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈 @princepigeonn
    fuck the 38.4% of voters who voted no. “but im allowed to have my opinion!!!!” your opinion is nasty, hurtful, homophobic, and directly negatively impacts a large portion of the australian population. you dont respect me, i dont respect you.
    ______
    🏳️‍🌈 @demimarina
    Very loudly, fuck you No Voters. I hope you’re crying right now xoxoxoxox
    ______
    Parasitic Muppet MP @pmuppetMP
    “No” voters can just FUCK OFF TO HELL! YOU’VE “HAD YOUR SAY”, the vote has been RUN AND DUSTED, so just FUCK OFF

36. wivenhoe

So we now need an additional word to distinguish real marriage from marriage.

Normarriage?

37. A Lurker

Yet another word has been co-opted for exclusive use by a small minority.
    So we now need an additional word to distinguish real marriage from marriage.

I suggest Holy Matrimony for those married in a church
    Or Real Marriage for non-church marriages.

incoherent rambler
    #2554102, posted on November 15, 2017 at 3:13 pm
    Yet another word has been co-opted for exclusive use by a small minority.
    So we now need an additional word to distinguish real marriage from marriage.

Marriage is marriage. The sham cannot be accepted.

OK Roger but still a long bow to draw.

I don’t think so. A Crosby-Textor survey a couple of years ago had 2/3rds of Catholics supporting ss “m”. Another survey conducted during the campaign produced the same result, but had Anglicans at 59%. Among Sydney Anglicans – a conservative, evangelical diocese – the No case would prevail easily among the membership.

The Catholic situation is terrible and I take no delight in it at all. I wonder if it is a result of “social justice” being substituted for the Gospel?

40. wivenhoe

Just a small sample of what Love is Love really meant:

NP, Baldrick, just tell them that after all their bluster and bullshit, “only” around 48% of eligible voters agree with them. Sit back and watch heads explode.

41. Boambee John

notafan
    #2554110, posted on November 15, 2017 at 3:19 pm
    Cafeteria Catholics is the official terminology for such Roger.

I have a suspicion that m0nty becoming a (cafeteria) Catholic might have been a condition for his marriage.

42. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Marriage Equality for Australia 🏳️‍🌈 @cocaineandfuck
    ______
    ry 🏳️‍🌈 we said YES 🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈 @princepigeonn
    ______
    🏳️‍🌈 @demimarina
    Very loudly, fuck you No Voters. I hope you’re crying right now xoxoxoxox
    ______
    Parasitic Muppet MP @pmuppetMP

Nothing will ever make these people happy.

Being “gay” is the greatest misnomer of all time.

Sad.

43. Chris

After half a lifetime in various flavours of Protestantism my view is that most ordinary social leftist positions will be OK with Christians at most 20 years after they hit TV.
    In the early 1970s it was controversial – theologically unacceptable – to allow divorced people to remarry or women to be pastors. In 1991 I was travelling to a site in Iran when my hosts turned on the BBC World Service radio news for me, and I heard (from memory) that ten Anglicans were being ordained in Perth including for the first time, three women. I knew two of them!
    A few years ago in a men’s bible group a fairly literal minded colleague raised the recent marriage of two unhappily divorced members in our congregation. I approved despite the direct words of Jesus on the matter – seems like getting over bad ground as lightly as you can. Brother Literal disagreed with me so I suggested he take it up with our male and female pastors that head our congregation. The pastors wife had been appointed co-pastor and presumably given a salary a little earlier, and my implication was he didn’t speak against THAT, did he.
    So yeah. no need to legislate – the ABC will bring the conservatives along in half a generation anyway.

I suggest Holy Matrimony for those married in a church

Holy Matrimony is the language of the Book of Common Prayer.

Catholics also speak of the Sacrament of Matrimony.

One doesn’t want to fall foul of the etymological fallacy, but the term is a good one because it links marriage, properly conceived, with procreation & motherhood.

45. feelthebern

Re IT’s twitter snap shots above.
    When do the Brandis hate speech laws die?
    Do those comments qualify?

46. DrBeauGan

Last time I asked Monty he lied to me.

Yes, he does a lot of that, Notafan.

On a slightly more serious note, I rather doubt that most Australian Muslims want to destroy Western Civilisation. They are often much aware of its benefits. The number of devout Muslims is, like the number of devout Christians, a relatively small proportion of the nominals. Your opposite member of the Muslim tribe probably does approve of sex slaves and indeed slavery in general. But it’s not widely supported by Aussie Muslims, I think. Just as avoiding contraception via the pill is not widely supported by Australian Catholics. I am neither approving nor denigrating this state of affairs, just observing it.

At the extremes, Catholics and Muslims differ enormously, but the average nominal Catholic and the average nominal Muslim have a lot in common, while the average leftie is an outlier. Also an out and out liar.

Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)
    #2554124, posted on November 15, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Homosexuality is happiness?

48. Snoopy

Last time I asked Monty he lied to me.

Liberty quote.

Parasitic Muppet MP @pmuppetMP

Imagine the bawling from the little snowflakes if the “No” vote had suceeded..

50. notafan

With current mass attendance being what it is I am not surprised. I don’t think it does any more than mirror the general decline in church attendance here in Australia.

Christ as an SJW hasn’t helped.

I’m pleased to have recently joined the Catholic Answers Facebook group, lots of converts and people who are committed to all the teachings of the Church.

Yes, there is a problem with catechisation taking root and resistance to the wider culture across all denominations. As more external pressure is applied to Christians to conform many will compromise but some will resist, resulting in Benedict XV’s “smaller, purer church”. In line with this expectation, Rod Dreher at The American Conservative writes about “the Benedict option” (the other Benedict, the 6th C. monastic) of establishing alternative communities of Christians where the structure of belief can be preserved from the attacks of the barbarians outside the walls.

52. DrBeauGan

Imagine the bawling from the little snowflakes if the “No” vote had suceeded..

Sigh. What a beautiful might-have-been.

I’m so happy I can marry the beagle soon.

54. Mother Lode

Being “gay” is the greatest misnomer of all time.

Funny thing is that, for all the legislated respect we must give gays, all the efforts to de-stigmatise them in media and endless HR policies, the word ‘gay’ still has negative connotations.

Weak, lame, and embarrassing.

A bot of a shame, really, because it is really just because of the loudest, most demanding gays who happen to be a pretty tasteless mob. The rest of them make little impression on the imagination.

55. Boambee John

Roger at 1533

Using Matrimony or Holy Matrimony also gives the SJWankers one fewer hook to use with the Human Wrongs Commission.

“No Commissioner, we do not perform marriages. We consecrate Matrimony for faithful members of our congregation. To qualify, applicants need to accept the tenets of Christianity and attendrchudch regularly.”

56. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Kevin Rudd‏Verified account
    @MrKRudd

Well done AUSTRALIA on marriage equality. What a massive majority. Now to parliament.

If only this brave man had led a government with a massive majority.

57. Snoopy

Trevor Ncube‏Verified account
    @TrevorNcube
    13m13 minutes ago
    I am receiving unconfirmed reports of arrests of cabinet ministers and prominent people in Zimbabwe. I will share when names are confirmed. Remember the army said they are “targeting thieves around” President Mugabe #Zimbabwe

Trevor Ncube is the proprietor of independent newspapers in Zimbabwe.

58. Boambee John

Attend church, damn spellwrecker.

59. notafan

DrBG

You need to spend some time lurking in Australia Muslim Facebook groups, the public ones are bad enough, I can’t imagine what the closed groups are like. The paranoia, the us versus them, the bizarre logic, the victim hood, it never stops.

Yours is wishful thinking I am afraid.

When push comes to shove the nominal muslim will do what he is told by the jihadi, that is how it has always been.

notafan
    #2554140, posted on November 15, 2017 at 3:40 pm

My parish gets a very good turnout.

61. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Holy Matrimony is the language of the Book of Common Prayer.

Catholics also speak of the Sacrament of Matrimony.

Any one not married in a church is not married in my book.

One of the great indignities of modern life is standing in the blazing sun on some sand blown beach while two folks pretend to get hitched.

We only do it it out of courtesy, so we can drink bulk piss afterwards at their expense.

62. Stimpson J. Cat

Nothing will ever make these people happy.

“If a Big Black Dildo can’t make you happy,
    nothing ever will.”
    Kevin Spacey.

BJ, I expect many ministers will opt out of performing weddings under the Marriage Act as amended in any case, handing back their letters of registration.

64. Snoopy

Statement from Zimbabwe Defence Forces published on the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation website.

Fellow Zimbabweans, following the address we made on 13 November 2017 which we believe our main broadcaster, ZBC and The Herald were directed not to publicise, the situation in our country has moved to another level.

Firstly, we wish to assure the nation that His Excellency, The President, of the Republic of Zimbabwe, Head of State and Government and Commander in Chief of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces, Cde R.G Mugabe and his fa,ily are safe and sound and their security is guaranteed. We are only targeting criminals around him who are committing crimes that are causing social and economic suffering in the country in order to bring them to justice.

As soon as we have accomplished our mission we expect that the situation will return to normalcy.

…………

To the other Security Services: We urge you to cooperate for the good of our country. Let it be clear that we intend to address the human security threats in our country. Therefore any provocation will be met with an appropriate response.

To the media; we urge you report fairly and responsibly.

Our Lord is not unfamiliar with this custom; his first public miracle was turning water into wine at a wedding so the festivities could continue unabated. He was not a puritan stick in the mud, like some of his more devout but misguided followers!

66. Mother Lode

The ‘No’ position had been undermined long since by the current notion that marriage is just about being in love.

The idea that it was about making families (as opposed to couples) is never actually seen in the public sphere any more.

It is quite common for a child to not have two parents and, if you are famous enough, you can get one without ever being married. At the same time soapies and dramas treat marriage as something you do when you are in love and you lack the vocabulary to say more than “I love you snoogy-woogy-boogy-doo” but feel the need to do more.

Not something to be wished for, but it would take a catastrophe to kind of shake people up (and eviscerate some of the excesses governments have taken possession of), to get them back not to traditional values, but to ‘necessary’ social ones: The need for the next generation requires the unit that brings them up be exalted in society; the unacceptability of free-loading and expecting others to carry you etc.

67. notafan

I mean we all noticed that Christine attended his thingy right?

It’s the logical thing to do.

68. notafan

69. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Some fucktard on Facebook suggested all the NO electorates must be full of Catholics.

I have set them straight.

The disconnect between reality and feelings in this country is frightening.

Roger
    #2554159, posted on November 15, 2017 at 3:48 pm

So will MT insist on church weddings continuing?

71. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

I have strayed quite a way from the Church, but not from Jesus’s example.

72. Viva

A lot of women who voted No are going to have to hone their acting skills before their next hairdressing appointment!

73. Louis

@Bruce
    You’ve seen nothing buddy. In Queensland we exploded by 20000 new public servants in just 2 and half years of Labor. A a very large bulk of those are in the top pay brackets.

74. Stimpson J. Cat

Is the Pope a Catholic?

75. Baldrick

m0nty
    #2552183, posted on November 14, 2017 at 8:57 am
    And now I hear James Woods is being accused of sexual assault by multiple women. No surprises there.

Righto m0nty, time to put your money where your mouth is, or do you have an excuse for this too …

James Woods ✔ @RealJamesWoods
    Say it like a man to my face, you cowardly piece of shit. Say it as a statement of fact, so If you have any money left, you might actually be worth suing, unlike these other losers with no money and big mouths.

76. Stimpson J. Cat

I think we all know who is really responsible for this debacle of degeneracy.

Wamen.
    Every.
    Single.
    Time.

77. Snoopy

Dicky ticker. Too busy breastfeeding etc etc.

78. Philippa Martyr

Quadrant, December 2017 issue. All your questions will be answered.

79. Graham

So Holly Hughes does not make it to the Senate says the High Court today. Does that mean Jim Molan gets up? If so, a very happy outcome.

80. Mother Lode

you can get one without ever being married

Sorry, should have read without ever having to be in a current relationship.

There are weirdos in Hollywood who pick up children in their travels the same way I pick up burrs walking through tall grass.

81. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

James Woods ✔ @RealJamesWoods

They took their time.

Someone finally remembered their was one non-leftists in Hollywood

82. Incidentally now that Tony Abbott’s name is intrinsically linked with the No campaign it really is time he was leader of the LNP again.

I mean we all noticed that Christine attended his thingy right?

It’s the logical thing to do.

That sounds like a TERRIBLE idea. I am FULLY against it. He would wipe the floor with Shorten. Don’t do it, I beg of you.

83. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Brilliant news.

84. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Her defence team put forward that it would be “harsh” to exclude her, not that it would be wrong, just that it would be harsh.

FFS we are governed by the worst people on earth.

85. DrBeauGan

Yours is wishful thinking I am afraid.

You may be right, Notafan. My sunny optimism is notorious, and may be misleading me. It’s based on talking to Muslims, not going where the devout congregate. Muslims are certainly more under the thumbs of their devout than the Catholics are. I guess the Protestants and the Enlightenment may have had something to do with that.

86. Philippa Martyr

Viva, the last time I had a haircut, my straight, female, very middle-class hairdresser and I were discussing the postal vote, and she was appalled to hear that I’d be voting no.

Really appalled, in a way that only a polite middle-class hairdresser can be appalled.

She was actually quite angry with me, but of course she couldn’t say anything. However, the thought-bubble above her head was quite visible.

Which is funny, because I wasn’t angry with her for voting Yes.

87. Baldrick

According to TheirABC only one member of parliament doesn’t have the authority of his electorate. Guess, and no it’s not Tony Burke …

Jonathan Green ✔ @GreenJ
    looking at the impressive Warringah yes margin, where is the authority of a local MP who stands so removed from the electorate?

88. Stimpson J. Cat

The Catholics in Australia have followed their Paddy brethren into irrelevance.

Parasitic Muppet MP @pmuppetMP

Now if you would kindly clean off those illegally painted rainbow hearts from the bike path I ride each day you’d be a love. I know you care.

90. notafan

I would guess not.

It is simply not a good idea to view islam though a western lens.

91. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Jonathan Green ✔ @GreenJ

Abbott has vowed to respect the result of his electorate.

Burka has used taqqiya against his people.

92. Viva

Yes Philippa it can get awkward. My hairdresser announced his “engagement” to his partner last year. It just felt so weird when he said it but I just smiled and made the right noises. I like him a lot and I would never want to insult him. I know I will feel rotten when I smile and nod as he excitedly tells me about his “marriage” plans on my next visit.

I wonder if this is the point when what has been my world moves on without me.

93. Philippa Martyr

I wonder if this is the point when what has been my world moves on without me.

That happened to me practically in infancy, I think.

94. cynical1

I think the final say should go to the original owners of this land.

There’s one smoking ceremony they ain’t keen on.

95. Ez

Kevin Rudd‏Verified account
    @MrKRudd

What’s with the Yessers all claiming a MASSIVE MAJORITY?

If you had a loved one going into surgery and the doc told you they had a 60% chance of surviving, you’d like those odds?

96. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Could be worse.

My recently divorced barber has started telling me stories about Thai prostitutes.

97. old bloke

DrBeauGan
    #2554027, posted on November 15, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Catholics should consider a tactical alliance with Muslims. Both believe in a God who created the universe, both believe Jesus was good and important.

The Muslims believe that Jesus will return as a sidekick to their “messiah”, the Mahdi. He will be authorised by the Mahdi to convert all J*ws and Christians to Islam, and to behead all those who refuse to worship Allah. Muslims and Christians have completely opposing views of Jesus, Christian eschatology paints the Muslim “Prophet Jesus” as the False Prophet character in the Revelation.

98. Chris

Ick.
    Did you hear the one about the two vegans?
    THAT’S NOT FUNNY.

99. Baldrick

Looks like it’s Senator Jim Molan then …

High Court rules Liberal candidate Hollie Hughes ineligible to replace former minister Nash

100. H B Bear

Putting aside the quality of the candidates this is a terrible decision. The practical result is that an unsuccessful candidate must hold themselves in a state of virginal Constitutional purity until the next election in case there is a knock at the door from the AEC in the meantime. Providing the new candidate was eligible at the date of the election (which is when the other candidates eligibility is determined) and divests themselves of any disqualifying criteria prior to taking their seat in Parliament they should be able to do so.

101. notafan

Who does not recall Ruddy’s pathetic little epiphany on ssmarriage?

It’s all yours Mr Rudd, all yours,

102. wivenhoe

So Holly Hughes does not make it to the Senate says the High Court today

Bloody Hell, that leaves me totally confused(does not take much), the last I read a couple of hours ago, she had been approved?, oh well.

103. DrBeauGan

It is simply not a good idea to view islam though a western lens.

I don’t. But I’ve noticed that most people are just people, wherever they were born and whatever brand of bullshit they were raised in. Appealing to common decency works surprisingly well all over the world. It fails with fanatics who let their dogma over-ride their decency, but there aren’t all that many of them.

The reason Australia just voted for lunacy is that most of them thought it was the kindly, decent thing to do. They were conned into it, but their hearts were mostly in the right place. It was their brains that got mislaid.

104. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Bartletweet will most likely be kicked out of the Senate now.

Section 44 is the finest law one earth.

105. notafan

You refer to the natural law perhaps Dr BG

Islam does it’s very very best to convince people otherwise, by being more controlling that communism and by having rules that make the only way out, via a shroud.

106. Section 44 is the finest law on earth.

It could be improved.

No lawyers or B.A.s or union hacks.

My rainbow moment for today: link.
    If only we could marry!

108. cynical1

Marriage Equality for Australia 🏳️‍🌈 @cocaineandfuck
    ______
    ry 🏳️‍🌈 we said YES 🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈 @princepigeonn
    ______
    🏳️‍🌈 @demimarina
    Very loudly, fuck you No Voters. I hope you’re crying right now xoxoxoxox
    ______
    Parasitic Muppet MP @pmuppetMP

Damned Islamophobes.

109. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

It gets better…

Lambie’s replacement might also be section 44’ed!

God bless those old bloke who drafted this law.

110. wivenhoe

My rainbow moment for today: link

If you mean the Lorrikeet, BoN, Fully agree, beyond that I have not signed up, but great pic, ty.

111. candy

Very nice thoughts you express there above, DrBeauGan.

It’s come back now, but someone sold the shit out of Qantas yesterday. It was a yuge fucking order to get out. Highly inappropriate just before the yes vote I reckon. It’s back up today. How un-pc is that.

113. Baldrick

Come on m0nty, don’t be shy

m0nty
    #2552183, posted on November 14, 2017 at 8:57 am

James Woods ✔ @RealJamesWoods

114. Rev. Archibald

Consider the following:
    What if the same sex marriage pleb had the result of driving the approximately 10 to 14 million socially conservative inhabitants of this continent to move their transactional relationships online and away from government eyes?
    An Uber- type model which would allow citizens to conduct business and social interactions only with other like minded people? And hidden from tax office scrutiny?
    At some point as the welfare system collapses people will be forced to make a calculation: stay with a government controlled system of increasing taxes, regulation but at a lower risk. Or move most of your transactional life away from government life and accept some higher risks?
    Uber in Australia ultimately did not see this question through to the logical end.
    But someone will, and with a hell of a lot more than just car rides.

USSR hasn’t been around since 10.08 yesterday morning. This is one huge sleepathon. Hope I haven’t woken her.

116. DrBeauGan

This is true, Notafan, and utterly repellant. But there are still some good people who were raised as Muslims, just as there are moral scum who were raised as Catholics. M0nty being a case in point, poor sod. I don’t like labeling people and treating everyone with the same label as if they were identical. Otherwise I’d have to treat you, m0nty and the pope as indistinguishable.

117. James Woods ✔ @RealJamesWoods

LOL he’s trash talking a four foot high poker player. #winning

118. Rev. Archibald

With Uber and airbnb type ratings systems to mitagate risk, almost everything not visible from the street could move online and be mediated by reliable online profiles of people’s political views.
    Conservatives could simply ditch the rest of the country without the need for partition, emmigration or shooting anyone.

119. Baldrick

LOL he’s trash talking a four foot high poker player. #winning

Come on m0nty, you can do better than that. You had such a big mouth yesterday about Woods.

120. Snoopy

Mr Martin and Ms Lambie said they had checked his eligibility with Rosemary Laing, the former Clerk of the Senate, and had been told he was in the clear.

“I think I’m fine to stand,” Mr Martin told Fairfax Media.

I doubt even a former Clerk of the Senate would be so bold as to offer such an unequivocal opinion. Let’s be charitable. Lambie and Martin heard what they wanted to hear.

121. Rev. Archibald

Remember the sixties when lefties were urging people to drop out?
    Well now the left is in charge, but this time the tools are actually there for the other side to drop out in style.
    No flea ridden squats or tacky communes.

122. notafan

We aren’t talking about individuals, we are talking about the pervasive effects of islam and quite frankly the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

As Iman Tawhidi so rightly points out, despite the enormous wealth in the ME, people are fleeing sharia law in their millions to the west.

The one good muslim argument doesn’t cut the mustard, any more than the one good Stalinist or the one good Nazi.

123. DrBeauGan

Rev. Archibald
    #2554248, posted on November 15, 2017 at 4:53 pm

It’s already happening to some extent, arky. I have free speech on the cat. Expect governments to fight back. Power hungry shits aren’t going to just let you go, they have a deep need to push us around.

124. Rev. Archibald

And whoever delivers sociallyconservative.com will make a killing.

125. Rev. Archibald

Expect governments to fight back.

You think they are, ahem, agile and inovative enough to do that effectively?
    They can’t even figure out how to put batts in a ceiling.

126. DrBeauGan

Imam Tawhidi is right. This is, however, an argument against sharia law, not against all Muslims. If some Germans fled Naziism or some Russians fled Stalinism, I’d be inclined to see them as potential allies rather than the enemy.

127. DrBeauGan

You think they are, ahem, agile and inovative enough to do that effectively?
    They can’t even figure out how to put batts in a ceiling.

I don’t say they’ll do it well, arky, just that they’ll do it. How much of a nuisance they’ll be remains to be seen. Ultimately it is likely to come down to brute force. Power hungry shits don’t give up their power easily.

128. Chris

Must be about 6am in Harare right now. News is thin so far.

If you mean the Lorrikeet

Wivenhoe – Oops, sounds like you had that horrible rainbow bar thingie WordPress has been inflicting on us lately. Yes I meant the rainbow lorikeet – who was waiting for me at the front door just then, so had its picture taken.

130. Senile Old Guy

Same-sex marriage survey: George Christensen won’t reflect electorate’s Yes unless bill has religious protections – PM By political reporter Tom Iggulden

Abstention is looming as an option for conservatives in Parliament who oppose same-sex marriage. Prominent No campaign advocates have said they would respect the landslide Yes vote by not opposing legislative moves to legalise same-sex weddings. But neither will they vote for such legislation unless it contains strong religious protections. “If there’s a bill that comes forward with appropriate protections, I’ll put aside my own personal beliefs, represent my electorate and vote Yes,” LNP backbencher George Christensen told PM. “If there is a bill that goes forward for a vote that is deficient in terms of those protections, I still will not vote against my electorate, I will simply abstain.”

An utterly useless action from the eternally useless Liberals. If does not contain sufficient protections, vote against the damn thing. Abstain is just assenting to people getting f*cked over, which is something the LNP seems to do routinely now.

131. Des Deskperson

Ten News reporting the yes vote tonight had some interesting, if doubtless unintended, double entendres:

‘The gay community has found gold at the end of the rainbow’

‘Australia has got behind the gay community’.

132. notafan

But I didn’t say Germans or Russians I said Stalinists or Nazis, true believers, in other words.

Of course apostates from islam are potential allies!

133. Boambee John

Roger
    #2554159, posted on November 15, 2017 at 3:48 pm

So do I, but those who don’t need to prepare their defences.

134. Rev. Archibald

Say you are a conservative baker.
    You could stay in the government regulated environment.
    Pay tax. Get all the relavent licenses and pay all the fees and put up with Joe public.
    Risk getting taken to court by angry gays.
    But what if you could limit your transactions to the 40% of the population who are also conservative?
    And choose to report income or not?
    What if you can find both suppliers and customers from a pool of like- minded and trusted people, already rated.
    What if all your transactions were like that? Including health and education?

135. Rev. Archibald

Power hungry shits don’t give up their power easily.

Hippies did it. Back when cops would beat their arses with sticks.
    Are we worse than hippies now?

136. lotocoti

directly negatively impacts a large portion of the australian population

Talk about hyperbowl.
    They’ll be trough surfing in Oxford St tonight.

137. Rev. Archibald

Of course the stumbling block is that conservatives by their very nature see government as legitimate.
    In other words, they are squares.
    This has to stop.

138. Ellen of Tasmania

What if all your transactions were like that? Including health and education?

Sort of ‘going Galt’ without having to move house?

I forgot to mention it last night. Marcus Classic’s will require multiple facial plastic surgeries after yesterday’s poor excuse of an Inspector Clouseau impersonation. It has to be the biggest face plant in Cat history.

He’s now front runner for the Asshat of the year award which the Cat hands out at the end December overtaking Monst.

THE WORLD
    Zimbabwe’s military commandeers state TV as gunfire, explosion heard in capital

Gabriele Steinhauser
    The Wall Street Journal
    4:33PM November 15, 2017

Soldiers took over Zimbabwe’s state television early Wednesday, saying they were working to restore stability in the country, as gunshots were heard near President Robert Mugabe’s residence and at least one explosion sounded in the capital.

Armoured vehicles drove into Zimbabwe’s capital, Harare, late Tuesday, hours after the ruling party accused the head of the military of treason. The moves came just days after Mr Mugabe, the country’s longtime ruler, fired his powerful vice president.

Before the military’s actions, Mr Mugabe, who is 93 years old, appeared poised to install his 52-year-old wife, Grace, as one of his two deputies and hoist her into a prime position to succeed him.

In the early hours of Wednesday, Major General Sibusiso Moyo, one of the highest-ranking officers in Zimbabwe’s military, read a statement on state television denying rumours of a coup.

“We wish to make it abundantly clear that this is not a military takeover of government,” Maj. General Moyo said. “What the Zimbabwe Defence Forces is doing is to pacify a degenerating political, social and economic situation in our country.”

He said Mr Mugabe and his family were safe.

“Their security is guaranteed. We are only targeting criminals around him who are committing crimes that are causing social and economic suffering in the country in order to bring them to justice,” he said.

From the Oz. “Safe’ used to mean that they had already been fed to the crocodiles..

141. DrBeauGan

Of course apostates from islam are potential allies!

Thing is, there aren’t that many true believers in either Christianity or Islam. Not many apostates either, particularly in Islam. What we have is a lot of cafeteria types who like bits of their upbringing, don’t want to abandon it completely, but don’t want other bits. You probably disapprove of this, but it’s how things are.

The first generation from Muslim countries have lived under sharia law and didn’t like it. It’s often their children who are the problem, for whom sharia, god’s law, has a romantic attraction. I think they should be encouraged to go back and live under it. There’s nothing to stimulate learning like a dose of reality.

142. Delta A

Virtue signalling instead of virtue.

143. Stimpson J. Cat

Major General Sibusiso Moyo

Do we know where he stands on White People and Gay Marriage?
    Asking for a friend.

144. Geriatric Mayfly

Chris
    #2554265, posted on November 15, 2017 at 5:11 pm
    Must be about 6am in Harare right now. News is thin so far.

Nearly 9. 00 Chris. Grace still pumping Bobby up with fresh monkey glands from the palace gardens. He should be right by about midday, to fend off these pesky upstarts. Hwange jail getting a bit of a sweep out, as I type.

No he won’t…

Hackers Crack Apple’s Face ID With $150 Mask

Just $150 and he’s back into his account. How embarrassment given the ocean of dosh Apple have been spending on such things! Good thing they have a new sugar daddy.

Buffett Adds Another 3.9 Million Apple Shares, Cuts IBM, Wells Fargo Shares: Full Q3 Holdings

Trusting soul Mr Buffett. I wouldn’t touch a FANG if you gave me a mallet and a diamond encrusted silver stake.

146. DrBeauGan

Rev. Archibald
    #2554279, posted on November 15, 2017 at 5:28 pm
    In other words, they are squares.
    This has to stop.

The word conservative still makes me think stodgy old fart, or square as you put it. But there are people like Milo out there. And most stodgy old farts these days are actually lefties. It’s all very confusing.

147. Snoopy

Must be about 6am in Harare right now. News is thin so far.

Almost 9.00 am. Harare airport is operating. State television broadcasting. Internet up. Army presence on the streets. The army is arresting government ministers aligned with Grace and/or crooked.

Under the heading of debt sucks:

Millions Of Millennials Could Be Trading Sex For Their Next Debt Payment – Here’s How

As the storm clouds of peak stupidity gather over the heads of the millennial generation who were conned by banks, government, and universities to take out excessive amounts of leverage in auto loans, credit cards, and student debt; millions have flocked to a new website seeking ‘Sugar Daddies’ and or even ‘Sugar Mommies’ to pay off their debt amid an economic environment where wage growth remains non-existent.

Today’s real simple get-out-of-debt option for the broke college/post college millennial is through an unconventional dating website called SeekingArrangement.com.

Those Feminism and Advanced Gender Studies graduates, who spent lots in getting their degree, now have a way of using the knowledge they have acquired!

149. Chris

GMT +2, I forgot.
    I hope Grace is safe in that sense. She has earned it. But especially I hope the great people we met there are OK.

150. Homos become normal. Straight males too paranoid to try and crack on to chicks. Most chicks too fat and ugly anyway. Part b of breeding out white people well under way. Time for a topical piece of old wisdom from the Kama sutra. Oral sex make your whole day. Anal sex makes your hole weak.

151. Baldrick

And so it begins …

ABC The Drum ✔ @ABCthedrum
    “We need to be careful with religious protections. What’s being talked about is licence to discriminate against LGBTIQ couples. That’s not the spirit of equality” – Dr Kerryn Phelps

152. Rev. Archibald

Mater
    #2553555, posted on November 15, 2017 at 10:27 am
    38.4% hey?
    When you are trying to legislate ‘respect’, that is an awful lot of people to forcibly coerce.

And they thought this survey was divisive!

Welcome back Mater.
    Shame on all you useless bastards too excited by the prospect of marrying your gay lovers to notice.

Coup fears in Zimbabwe as explosions rock Harare
    Associated Press, PerthNow
    November 15, 2017 11:50AM

ZIMBABWE’S army said it has President Robert Mugabe and his wife in custody and is securing government offices and patrolling the capital’s streets following a night of unrest that included a military takeover of the state broadcaster.

Seems Wobbly Bob and the Missus have gone from “being safe” to “in custody.”

The army is arresting government ministers aligned with Grace and/or crooked.

Not much discussed so far is that Venezuela went bust yesterday.

Venezuela Goes Bust

Milton Friedman once joked that if you put the government in charge of the Sahara Desert in five years there would be a shortage of sand. He could have been talking about Venezuela and its oil wealth. But it is no joke.

On Monday Caracas missed interest payments due on two government bonds and one bond issued by the state-owned oil monopoly known by its Spanish initials PdVSA. Venezuela owed creditors $280 million, which it couldn’t manage even after a 30-day grace period.

If I was Maduro I’d call Mugabe to see where he’s lined up to go for retirement.

155. DrBeauGan

I don’t see how a lot of railing against the patriarchy prepares a girl for being mistress to a rich old bloke, BoN.

156. classical_hero

Old bloke, Revelation does talk about “the souls of them beheaded”. Not surprising considering Islamic teachings.

157. Mark from Melbourne

Quadrant, December 2017 issue. All your questions will be answered.

You are a Tease, Dr Martyr.

158. rickw

Australia never fails to disappoint.

The USA voted for Trump.
    The UK voted for Brexit.

Australia’s vote couldn’t have been simpler, nor the answer more obvious, and yet we failed to deliver.

The future isn’t bright for any group of people so collectively dumb.

159. Snoopy

mmatigari‏
    @matigary
    11m11 minutes ago
    When the gunners got to Chombo mansion, they just crashed the gate. Now they use the curtain down to close off the stolen wealth. Where is that showy Pokello now?

Ignatius Chombo – Finance Minister
    Pokello is Chombo’s socialite stepdaughter. Famous for her affair with a rapper complete with obligatory sex tape.

160. Snoopy

Seems Wobbly Bob and the Missus have gone from “being safe” to “in custody.”

Best described as ‘in safe keeping’ Zulu.

161. Eyrie

“With the right campaign we can not only make homosexuality illegal, we can make it an offence punishable by death.”
    The mooslimes will be right on board with that , I.T.

162. Rev. Archibald

Sort of ‘going Galt’ without having to move house?

Why not?
    The alternative to opting out of the system Atlas Shrugged style because it punishes you for hard work is to build a parallel system that doesn’t.

163. Rev. Archibald

When I retire I will look into opening a net- based school catering to delinquents, spasmoids and the socially inept.
    (I might not market it that way).

Woohoo! Back on the Interwebs. Bless that ol’ NBN, the gift that just keeps on giving.

I hear there was some sort of survey result today, something to do with changing the meaning of words. I saw a nice, apple cheeked lady on Sunrise this morning warning against “religious privilege”, whatever that is.

165. Eyrie

BoN, I ain’t going near Bitcoin or other similar either.

166. Senile Old Guy

Business leaders have come out in force to celebrate the Yes vote in the same-sex marriage survey.

I wonder if these “business leaders” realise that trashing 40% of your potential customers may not be so good for business?

167. DrBeauGan

Being able to say what you think, Calli.

It’s alright for you, when you laugh at a couple of blokes in long white dresses, you’ll probably get away with it. Us atheists will be in the poo.

168. Snoopy

What about buying one of Monty’s new Safe Schools home coaching franchises? Money for jam p1zza.

169. Myrddin Seren

Seriously creepy.

Twitter thread compilation of ‘Gropey’ Joe Biden’s caught-on-camera moments.

His run for 2020 should be amusing.

170. DrBeauGan

If a pretty young girl comes and flutters her eyelashes at me, I shall fight for my virtue but I admit I might lose. If a young bloke flutters his eyelashes at me, I shall tell him to bugger off.

That’s discrimination on the basis of sex, that is. And it’s illegal.

171. Chris

Freedom of speech should apply to all. Including western classical liberals, may their genders never matter or be in doubt.

172. herodotus

Crikey tells Abbott to resign because “it’s all over now.”
    The left can’t help signalling their fear.

Us atheists will be in the poo.

Yes. I alerted some Christian pals about dissenting atheists, which had never entered their heads. Outlined some of the arguments presented here and the penny dropped.

174. Empire GTHO Phase III

ry 🏳️‍🌈 we said YES 🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈 @princepigeonn

Who knew 1 in 50 is a “large portion” and opinions “negatively impact” others. There is real intellectual retardation at work here.

For the record, I respect this lunatic’s human dignity, but that’s about it.

Baldrick

#2554319, posted on November 15, 2017 at 6:07 pm

And so it begins …

ABC The Drum ✔ @ABCthedrum

Lakemba could be a hot spot.

176. Chris

I just wish they would.

177. Snoopy

Mnangagwa appointed interim president. Zimbabwe police command has instructed all police on leave to report for duty.

178. Snoopy

The fucking news reporting of the SSM result is a disgrace. Not one report tells the truth. Less than 49% of the electorate said Yes.

179. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

“We need to be careful with religious protections. What’s being talked about is licence to discriminate against LGBTIQ couples. That’s not the spirit of equalityslow motion genocide” – Dr Kerryn Phelps

fixit.

180. Viva

The bad news:
    A gunman killed four people in a remote Northern California community on Tuesday morning

The good news
    Heck, it could have been much worse

That’s about as much as you can hope for as things stand in the US today.

Best described as ‘in safe keeping’ Zulu.

Joined the list of African dictators, too slow in getting to the airport, with the suitcase full of Yankee greenbacks?

182. candy

Crikey tells Abbott to resign because “it’s all over now.”

I think for TA and George Christensen to vote against their electorate with such high yes vote percentages, is very troublesome for them. The government asked the question, the people responded, and the member ignores it?

Saying that though, I don’t think anyone predicted that wealthy white Liberals voters would drive the Yes vote so much, or that blue collar, ethnic, religious communities would drive the No vote so tremendously in Sydney. Perhaps there are associated economic issues influencing this, not just cultural religious – well off vs. struggling.

183. DrBeauGan

calli
    #2554366, posted on November 15, 2017 at 6:55 pm
    Us atheists will be in the poo.

You are a good person, Calli. But we knew that.

184. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Good work, Calli. I am one of those unbelieving dissenters. Have been busy on the 61% thread and just popped in here to see ‘and in other news’. Will go upthread now.

185. Baldrick

Bolt going full ssm retard. Now interviewing ex-IPA chief Tim Wilson about how today was so merry and gay.

Mnangagwa appointed interim president.

Trying to make your wife President doesn’t work.
    That’s two examples in a year.
    Michelle should keep to selling rabbit food recipe books.

187. DrBeauGan

Chris
    #2554370, posted on November 15, 2017 at 6:58 pm

I just wish they would.

It hasn’t happened for a while now, but I live in hope.

188. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

The last person that tried that is in jail.

189. Geriatric Mayfly

Tasmanians rejoice in ‘yes’ vote majority The Oz

They probably think this is going to improve the gene pool.

190. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

A fauxservative daisy chain.

Is there one prominent conservative employed in the media who argued the “No” case?

191. 2dogs

I don’t see them attracting many customers, somehow.

192. Tintarella di Luna

Good evening gatti

Was having a very Italian discussion with my first born who will probably do quite well given the SSM-led recovery he is a marriage celebrant, a rad DJ and a lawyer — with that set of skill methinks good times ahead.

193. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

The yes vote could bring a massive windfall of “pink dollars” as tens of thousands of gay couples tie the knot.

Keynes recommended digging holes, but this is ridiculous!

194. Ellen of Tasmania

Why not?

I wish it could be so. But being a Christian, I suspect I’ll be trying to find a ‘non-virtual catacomb’ in the not-too-distant future.

195. Snoopy

They probably think this is going to improve the gene pool.

🙂

196. Mater

Candy,
    No one ‘voted’ to implement legislation which provides insufficient protections to individuals. Such a question was never posed. As such, to vote against such poorly concocted legislation should not be considered as betraying their electorates.
    They are entrusted to ensure legislation is appropriate. As opposed to implementing their ‘conscience’, this is actually why they were elected.

197. max

James Paterson probably thought his motion would be welcomed by reasonable people on both sides and everyone would reunite happily.

Instead, he’s being vilified by the yessers.

The mob want blood. It’s not about love at all.

198. Caveman

White men , fuk , should have known it.

199. Vicki

My wonderfully practical other half (a real live male husband) just remarked how, in engineering, there is a male thread and a female thread – & when married together actually holds buildings up.

Sigh.

200. Ellen of Tasmania

Tasmanians rejoice in ‘yes’ vote majority The Oz

Obviously 63.6% of Tassies, max., would be rejoicing right now.

201. Geriatric Mayfly

HARARE, Zimbabwe – A Zimbabwe state-run newspaper says four people have been arrested and accused of booing the first lady, who this week moved closer to succeeding her husband as president.
    The Zimbabwe Herald reports that three men and a woman from Bulawayo are accused of booing Grace Mugabe at a ruling party rally over the weekend attended by President Robert Mugabe.
    The report says they face charges of undermining the authority of the president.

Things seem to have altered somewhat. She might be facing more than ‘booing.’ Imagine her having to disrobe the Gucci to be strip searched, before being deemed secure by army yobbos. I hope NSFW pics mysteriously appear on the internet.

Vicki, you do realise your husband is a discriminatory discriminator, don’t you? Please refrain from denouncing him.

Nylex hose couplings are problematic for gardeners, too.

203. Tintarella di Luna

a lot of computer devices work like that too.

204. Stimpson J. Cat

Now interviewing ex-IPA chief Tim Wilson about how today was so merry and gay.

I hope he got asked which dress he is going to wear. Tim could pull off a Vera Wang traditional in the right shoes.
    I wouldn’t waste Manolos on him though, he could slum it in Miu Mius.
    Wonder if he has any coloring in books left?

205. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

The fag multiplier.

Oh, bother. I just plugged the kettle in!

Unconscious discrimination. When will this horror end?

207. Tintarella di Luna

Unconscious discrimination. When will this horror end?

Depends on what ol’ jelly-jowls has concockted with the conservatives.

208. Shelley

I know, wrong thread. RN were all ‘love is in the air’. Some old bloke (81 yo) was on, surname Wilson, been out and ‘proud’ for four decades (why are they so proud!!!??), talking to Patricia Karvelas. She asks ‘so are you going to propose’ him ‘oh I did that years ago’, her ‘so when are you getting married’, him ‘oh not sure that I really want to’. More proof that this was nothing to do with love and marriage and everything to do with using a blunt instrument to bludgeon those that have a different view to you.

It was always worth a giggle – a bus stop seat near here for a long while had an advert for a celebrant called Maree Hitchin. With a name like that she’ll do great business. Rare case of double nominative determinism.

210. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Instead, he’s being vilified by the yessers.

The mob want blood. It’s not about love at all.

The delicious irony is that Patterson was a supporter of same sex unions before Shorten, Wong and well just about anyone of note.

211. Caveman

Have’nt they have given carte blanche to any gay couple wanting to get married in any public place for free in Sydney if SSM came in.

212. Biota

Totally off topic, if a bunch o Manus illegals got to NZ what would stop them entering Australia?

213. Empire GTHO Phase III

Keynes recommended digging holes, but this is ridiculous!

I’m definitely dusting off the decks, ripping the entire Kylie back catalogue and touting for DJ Rainbow Warrior.

Weddings are shit gigs to play, but the event premium is luscious. It would be immoral of me not to take their money.

Naturally my contract includes first right of refusal on the divorce reception.

214. Tintarella di Luna

Oooh yeah

215. Caveman

Word of mouth is the best way to be known as the Hottest Gay Celebrant around.

216. DrBeauGan

Divorce reception? How does that work? Do they stand up in front of all their friends and say: “We hereby repudiate our wedding vows because we both now recognise that the other is a shit.”

217. Tintarella di Luna

Word of mouth is the best way to be known as the Hottest Gay Celebrant around.

Indeed it is.

218. Tintarella di Luna

I’m sure there’ll be a ritual developed around the proposition — surely the tearing up of the Original Marriage Certificate would have to be part of it — with the obligatory posting on social media.

219. lotocoti

as tens of thousands of gay couples tie the knot

More hyperbowl, I suspect.

220. DrBeauGan

Could I be a homosexual divorce celebrant?

“Do you, Rodney repudiate your wedding vows to this Oswald?”

“I do.”

“And do you, Oswald, repudiate your wedding vows to this Rodney?”

“I do.”

“Then I now declare you divorced. You may spit in each others eye.”

221. one old bruce

Hi Tinta, my Liberal friends who I’ve mentioned to you seem to be celebrating the ‘yes’ vote, on FB. I added a comment in Chinese script which means ‘Rectification of names’, Confucius’ idea. No lynch mob so far although one person there seemed to read Chinese. It may come to having a code in the future just to dissent from the orthodoxy…

222. Makka

Brace yourselves. We are about to see nightly images of 2 blokes embracing in deep tongue swallowing french kisses for at least a fortnight I’d say.

223. DrBeauGan

Makka
    #2554447, posted on November 15, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Thank God I don’t have a television set. Anyone posting such videos on the Cat will be strung up with piano wire.

“Then I now declare you divorced. You may spit in each others eye.”

I’m waiting for the first hissy fit about “You said we’d be getting married when it became legal”

225. Snoopy

SBS screening Shia propaganda on Yemen without attribution. From Al Jazeera? IRIN? Who knows?

226. Delta A

There is a crying need for such a service. But it has to start much earlier, long before little boys – and it’s always boys – are adept at IT skills.

Grandson had a trying start before school age, to the point where kindy teachers asked me for urgent meetings to identify strategies, but they then ignored my gems (crafted from 35 years in the field). Luckily for our boy, Daughter, SiL and Tribe moved from the Island and Boy began school with a clean slate.

His new teacher recognised the extraordinary academic ability which was hidden behind the social immaturity which plagues all aspy-borderline boys. She sought help from Daughter and from me, and actually acted on our advice. Nearing the end of his first year – and still in Reception – he is reading, writing and spelling beyond Year 3 standard. He can tell the time, count in twos and do simple mental additions/subtractions.

He is happy and generally well behaved, but mainly he is motivated to achieve, partly because of the ‘tick chart’ which lets him assess daily and weekly his positive achievements, but mostly because he loves his teacher and is keen to earn her praise. And thanks to her, he loves learning.

We are aware that this happy state can alter quickly, especially if he doesn’t hit it off with his new teacher next year. It’s such an important relationship – the (boy) child/teacher relationship. It can make or completely break a child’s potential.

I just wish there were more Arky’s willing to work through difficulties to advance their students’ potential.

227. Snoopy

Hijab wearing Barbie celebrates women who break boundaries. While wearing male mandating clothing.

228. DrBeauGan

I have a suggestion for the French lady who wants to remove gender from the French language. All le and la are to be replaced by lx.

In spoken language, the x is pronounced as a farting noise.

229. Oh come on

Gosh, think of the economic benefits! All that extra spending. GDP is going to skyrocket!

The stupidity of making the case for SSM on economic grounds is astonishing.

230. Snoopy

The Australian dollar fell sharply today. Nothing to do with proof that Australia is full of fuckwits according to TheirABC.

Watching 11 Yessers playing wog-ball vs Honduras.

232. Oh come on

We are surely not far off peak stupid.

233. Myrddin Seren

Play School.

Week after next once they get the film in the can.

Bananas in Pyjamas will get an “X” rating if sold in the US.

SBS screening Shia propaganda on Yemen without attribution.

Snoopy – I had cause to read this fine article last night.

The Battle for Yemen: A Quagmire for Saudi Arabia and the UAE

The aspects regarding the MB and the mercenaries say a lot about the capability of the respective national forces, as well as the politics.

I may have come across them before but I can’t remember – I must bookmark and explore Jamestown.org some more.

235. Delta A

Great news!

Hollie Hughes ruled ineligible to replace Fiona Nash. Jim Molan will be the new Senator.

236. pete m

heh

ht insta

monty what say you of your democrat filth?

Had dinner this evening who is an immunotherapy researcher and possibly one the the leading dudes in the field in oz.

He made me laugh.. He reckons effector cells or cells that fight against invaders (T-cells?) or strangers are the ultimate xenophobes that we know of in the world. They just don’t repel strangers, they kill them without remorse.

238. Mother Lode

ABC The Drum ✔ @ABCthedrum

So the Yessers get to live according to their consciences, but the No people don’t get to live according to theirs.

Is that the the equality she is talking about?

239. Geriatric Mayfly

An evening of silence. What have I missed? No Bolt Report, no Price & Bolt. I am on the verge of the screaming heebie-jeebies with all this homo hoedown sh*t. Another exposure would be the tipping point.

T cells are possibly the natural constituents for ON. 🙂

Whoops brackets should go here.

He reckons effector cells or cells that fight against invaders or strangers (T-cells?) are the ultimate xenophobes that we know of in the world. They just don’t repel strangers, they kill them without remorse.

Great news!

Finally!
    A fair dinkum conservative gets a go.
    And it also shifts party room numbers away from Trumble by 1.
    Tick, tick, tick Mr Thirty Newspolls.

243. dopey

Well all the gays are gettin married
    Yes they’re all growin old
    They’re all stayin home on the weekend
    They’re all doin what they’re told

244. jupes

We can only hope.

I reckon we will be seeing that disgusting act thrown in our face for the rest of our lives. Frankly I’d rather watch a dog defecate.