Now that those of you who have agitated for same-sex marriage have received the go-ahead from 61.6% of those who sent back ‘Yes’ responses to your postal survey, I would ask the following questions of your lawmakers:
- What exactly are you planning on doing to ensure that the fundamental freedoms of all Australians, especially those of minority groups (and Christians/Social-Conservatives now could be categorised as a minority group) are not eroded or diminished by same-sex marriage being written into law?
- How exactly will you protect and strengthen the following freedoms – Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Association, Freedom of Assembly, Freedom of Conscience, Freedom of Expression and last, but not least, Freedom of Religion?
- How will you ensure that both religious and non-religious Australians will not suffer discrimination, law-fare, violence, bullying and intimidation simply for holding a public view against same-sex marriage?
- How will you ensure that families can remove their children/opt out of Government educational programs like and similar to ‘Safe Schools’ without negative consequences for either the child or the family?
- How will you ensure that radical gender theory is not wholesale inflicted on Australian society?
- How exactly will you ensure that protections for any and all freedoms that are written into law cannot be easily overturned, rescinded, removed or diluted by future Governments?
- In your haste to pass a Same-Sex Marriage Bill, how will you ensure that by passing such a Bill, you will do no further harm to Australian society?