Open Forum: December 2, 2017

1,530 Responses to Open Forum: December 2, 2017

1. zyconoclast

Andrew Bolt’s credibility is in tatters.

Why? Bolt is a reporter and he correctly reported what he was told. Perhaps he should not have mentioned it but it is news

Bolt has said many times he is a commentator, not a reporter. This is why he can have opinions.

Her ‘experiment’ used an ingroup/outgroup binary and assumed race is real to produce the expected result. They very cleverly ‘Othered’ Nick Foulkes, stigmatising him as a patient with an illness [racism] that could be cured, then cured him. He appeared to be cured until he eventually realised he’d been set up.

I never watched it, nor do I intend to, I agree the article sounds like a load of cobblers. If they “measure” something by answering some questions, then by definition the result comes down to the opinion of whoever set up those questions… might be meaningful, might not. Questions like, “Are black people responsible for creating racial tension?” have been deliberately chosen such that answering either “Yes” or “No” could either way be used against you, and even then the question presumes the concept of “black people” acting as an entity is meaningful… I personally think people make choices as individuals, although they are influenced by the group around them. I do accept that some people have darker skin than others because it’s bloody obvious, but the skin does not control their choices.

3. Jumpnmcar

If Australia win this Test, Marshs effort will be considered one of the keys.
    Good on him.

4. Rae

it’s a big negative with people forced to make totally unnecessary trips to partially recover their deposits

People won’t be forced to do anything. They can just continue to put the containers in their recycle bins.

His final Comp Sci thingo was a game written with C# and UNITY, in which a tropical Santa dodges fruitbats dropping mango and coconut bombs as he visits homes to deliver presents. Sadly it has failed to attain cult status.

Good on him, I support this kind of thing, didn’t know they were teaching it in government schools. Anyhow, you will find people of all different backgrounds doing much the same stuff so there is no link between programming and skin colour as far as I am concerned. It’s neither Aboriginal programming, nor White programming; just programming… end of story.

6. Infidel Tiger

Yes, with the added benefit that all beverages are now more expensive thanks to a pointless tax on consumers.

7. Knuckle Dragger

In other news, serial spit hood and restraint enthusiast Dylan Voller is on the hunt across the nation for a filmmaker willing to make a documentary based on his life.

To date, he has apparently not received a tsunami of support from the arts community. Probably because even they realise Voller would turn up pissed and stoned, smash every window in the joint, assault the arts people with his scrawny noodle arms and then steal their cars, running over police in the process.

Naturally, if the film’s ever made, Voller’s skanky scrag of a mother will appear from the nearest creek bed demanding cash.

Actually – Voller doesn’t need to make a film. There’s already a song about it, written some time ago in the part-Caucasian dreaming:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh,
    I’ve been everywhere, man, I’ve been everywhere,
    I’ve been everywhere, man, I’ve been everywhere,
    I’ve been to Centrelink, hospital, bush camp, Centrelink, sober up, jail, jail, hospital, jail, bush camp, jail, Centrelink, sober up, jail, jail……….

8. Knuckle Dragger

True story about the Voller doco btw…

9. Delta A

Andrew Bolt’s credibility is in tatters.

A messy situation indeed, but it is Christensen, not Bolt, who has lost all credibility.

He emerges from this looking like an attention-seeking wannabe hero who, at the critical point, did not have the conviction to match his mouth.

10. Diogenes

Email I have just sent to the NSW Environment Minister

Madam.
    Are you insane ?
    1. Tell me how it can be good for the environment to do a 50km round trip to get a refund for money you morons have extorted from me – and none of the places where the scheme is in operation “locally” is anywhere I normally go ?

Seeing that I have to do an unproductive trip anyway, I will collect my containers and bring them to your office to receive a CASH refund – which is how I pay the 10c you are extorting from me.
    1. I do not support charity at all because of the forced charitable donations I make (both NSW& Federal grants) in which I have no say & absolutely do not support
    2. I would rather drive 12 inch nails into my scrotum than accept Paypal’s terms and conditions.
    3. Woolies are currently on my never-ever list of business to deal with

Don’t reply with platitudes about how more places will roll out – free advice DONT START TAKING MONEY OF PEOPLE UNTIL YOU ARE TOTALLY READY TO BE ABLE TO RETURN IT IN THE MANNER IN WHICH IT WAS PAID.

Until this stupid policy is reversed, with the exception of the drink containers which I will bring to your office, not one item will be going into my kerbside recycling bin, or the recycling bins at work or in shopping centers.

11. Dave in Marybrook

Jannie
    #2573573

Thanks heaps, Jannie- I wish that I could have been there.
    I love the crushing blowback of using leftist identitarianism against the pinkos- but I especially love the idea of a spotty black-clad protest crowd being wrongfooted and caught up in the Christmas street party on a stinking inner-city evening!

12. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Here are the pros and cons on the legitimacy of Queen Victoria.

Re the loudmouth upthread who was happily spouting Elementary Racism 1o1 on the Cat, being patronizing about science to me who wasn’t half bad at it once, let me just say this:

I am rather with P.J. O’Rourke when he said years ago that there is no such thing as race and barely such a thing as an ethnic group. Humanity consists of various cascades of overlapping gene pools. For all practical purposes we must leave it at that, because the proof of inherent differences is beyond our capacity to scientifically produce with any validity, although there is more possibility of doing so with some gender differences. With ‘race’, the methodology becomes hard to control regarding sampling and confounding factors and the SJW’s will ensure that you are blocked at every turn and never funded anyway.

We are nevertheless free to ponder and suspect that African tribesmen have a better sense of rhythm than Dutch burghers of Amsterdam, and that Chinese swats with tiger mothers have the sort of genes that produce STEM candidates, whereas such management can within a week turn my kids with Nordic genes into oppositional hysterics if I try it on them. Did someone mention culture?

Madam.
    Are you insane ?

Waddya gonna do? Vote Labor?!?

Tee hee.

14. Dave in Marybrook

We’ve got as much to fear from a Voller doc as we do from a Banking Royal Commission- ie not much if it’s got the right director, it will prove the system works and is good for us.
    After all, detention turned Voller from a violent spotty kid spitting abuse into a besuited media pro reciting his expensively lawyered lines.

15. DrBeauGan

Thanks Steve for the Chinese flash mob doing Beethoven’s ninth. It was great fun.

Comparison with the musical contributions of Rabz will be avoided. Each to his own.

Even though there’s no such thing as race, apparently.

Negrito Mungo Man wouldn’t have had Negroid oval hair cross-section, as opposed to modern Aboriginals ex the subcontinent?
    Are the moderns on 457 Visas?

17. Dave in Marybrook

Lizzie- “swots

Diogenes
    #2574104, posted on December 3, 2017 at 5:09 pm

MB gave GB many problems. This was one of them.

19. Diogenes

Waddya gonna do? Vote Labor?!?

Tee hee.

No I will not vote for any of the bastards. My voting slip will contain the words
    Liberals / ALP – “potayto, potarto”

I can’t see any benefits in the container return for Paypal/Woollies money scheme.

Did the Council recycling not work?

Hang on. There is a benefit for the machine manufacturer/supplier plus hi-viz emptiers.

I wonder where a perusal of the supply contract would lead us?

The Ninth was composed for flash mobs. Thanks Steve.

And Ludie.

23. Baldrick

I’m now supporting the homeless by throwing my empties on the ground.

Make sure they aren’t damaged, Balders. The machine has to read the barcode. Why? Dunno.

25. DrBeauGan

calli
    #2574118, posted on December 3, 2017 at 5:23 pm
    The Ninth was composed for flash mobs. Thanks Steve.

And Ludie.

There’s a som sabadel version, Calli, which is even better.

26. Steve trickler.

It’s Japanese Dr.

If you’re going to put an orchestra behind a pop song, do it good and proper.

I like the Sienfeld shirt and the almost-Trump ‘do.

Seinfeld

But youse knew that.

29. DrBeauGan

Steve trickler.
    #2574125, posted on December 3, 2017 at 5:36 pm
    It’s Japanese Dr.

Yes, I worked that out by a closer inspection of the printed matter at the end. It’s only a matter of time before there are Chinese and Indian versions. Some things transcend cultures.

30. The Royals appear to be mentally challenged enough.

Prince Chilla is apparently extremely intelligent. (Which is his problem – he’s reputed to have said that being as he can’t apply it in any way, he’d have been better off being as dumb as a box of rocks.)

31. Delta A

SA has had can/drink carton deposits for years now. As a result, any that are thrown out of car windows are readily collected, frequently by pensioners, and returned to depots for cash payments. No Paypal necessary.

Not sure how many depots there are around the state, but even our little community has one in the main town where everyone goes at some stage. The price of drinks – cans, bottles and cartons – is the same, and sometimes cheaper, than other states. More importantly, they’re rarely found in general litter.

The downside is that many agencies – CFS, sporting clubs etc – who previously collected cans for fundraising now miss out because many people opt for the cash back from depots.

SA has talent for policy mayhem, but in the case of can recycling, they’ve actually got it right.

32. Somerville

Rabz
    #2574089, posted on December 3, 2017 at 4:51 pm

An iconic 60’s pop song, but it is shallow, insipid and dull when compared to this.

Humanity consists of various cascades of overlapping gene pools.

Weather consists of various cascades of overlapping atmospheric phenomena.

Therefore there’s no such thing as rain, right?

34. DrBeauGan

calli
    #2574126, posted on December 3, 2017 at 5:37 pm
    If you’re going to put an orchestra behind a pop song, do it good and proper.

I like the Sienfeld shirt and the almost-Trump ‘do.

If they’d shot the singers and the audience it would have improved things in my view.

Don’t mind me. I’m working up to being an evil bastard.

35. Indolent

Diogenes

#2574104, posted on December 3, 2017 at 5:09 pm
    Email I have just sent to the NSW Environment Minister

Madam.
    Are you insane ?

Good for you! This is one issue where Alan Jones was doing a sterling job. Baird’s best trick was putting small business out of business and this is a prime example. In typical fashion, small coffee shops and convenience stores are starting to get monthly bills of around $70,000 out of the blue, based on their previous average sales, to cover the refund scheme. It’s effectively nothing more than a new tax! And then they had the hide to offer their victims an interest free loan. A loan, to cover a tax they just imposed!

The fashion show was an important way to boost survivors’ confidence, Ms Singh said.

“They say ‘we can’t do it, we are pretty ugly’ and we tell them that’s not true you are not ugly, society is ugly. Now they can go back out there and they can tell the world that they don’t have to hide their faces and scars. It is the world that needs to change its thinking.”

Don’t you go blaming this on my society. My society did some terrible things, but we never did that to women in the street… you go put that blame on one particular religion.

37. Diogenes #2574104, posted on December 3, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Well said!

38. cynical1

If there’s no such thing as race,

Or sex.

You can be anybody or anything.

Until you are a 6’4″ trannie who fancies lady aussie rules.

Or the 6’4″ weightlifting trannie who wants a clean snatch.

39. DrBeauGan

For some real music:

40. Here in Outer Barcoo we had two meetings of council & drinks selling businesses, about the upcoming recycling of drink containers.

The logistics of it are enough to give anyone grey hairs. I was sorta for it, on the basis that it gets the cans & stubbies off the road shoulders & encourages recycling, etc etc etc.

Not when you see the nightmare that we have to go in for. Diogenes is 200% correct above.

41. Ragu

Is this for real?

42. Boris

Harry’s kids, if his missus’s aging uterus can squirt even one out, will be mixed race so they have a higher chance of being mentally handicapped or insane.

Who is this moron?

43. duncanm

so presumably the bottle refund machines read the barcode to verify it it an ‘approved’ container?

Methinks there might be some money in printing barcodes

44. duncanm

Look at this crap for the container scheme.

It’ll need a whole new government department. No wonder the smaller drinks manufacturer’s are pissed.

45. Rae

Tom,

I just watched Hard Quiz again. It was very good, but I know you’re not Tom the compere. He’s funnier than you.

46. cynical1

Yeah well, will the archbishop be praying it’s mixed sex too?

EG: Queen George?

The gayest king in the village.

47. Oh come on

Photos show the true extent of the Horror Deluge in Victoria.

What a bloodbath! You guys are true heroes. Your survival is an inspiration to us all.

Harrowing stuff there, calli. Did you see that footpath? In parts it was submerged! And some patches of grass were positively sodden. After the image of the split cherry, I just couldn’t go on. Too heartbreaking.

Yesterday, the ABC led with a story about the hellish toll the floods had exacted on ordinary people, as well as a few hippy freaks – a vegan wedding (yes, really) had to be rescheduled and the death toll rocketed to one after reports that a foal had died, possibly as a result of the floods. Oh the humanity.

48. Nick

I agree. It appears that Christensen did indeed say it. Was Bolt not to report it ? Any blowback should be at Christensen.

Who is this moron?

Someone establishing a nom de plume for future trolling. Or…it could be genuine. Unfortunate.

50. DrBeauGan

calli
    #2574154, posted on December 3, 2017 at 6:12 pm
    On the lovely Marcello – do you speak Italian? 🙂

Not so’s you’d notice Çalli. Nor Russian. Does the Marcello turn you on? 😇

From duncanm’s link:

eligible drink containers

Loathesome bureaucratic bottom burps.

His music makes me very happy, DrBeau. Not quite that happy, mind.

53. Infidel Tiger

Pollution has stopped play in the India vs Sri Lanka Test Match in Delhi.

The Sri Lankan players have face masks on.

54. Indolent

Is this for real?

Its been all over 2GB for weeks and Alan Jones has interviewed people who say they suddenly received a huge, recurring bill for the scheme which could well put them out of business.

When Woolworths have 125 lr. Cokes on sale it was usually for $2 each. Today they were on sale for $2.15. That 15c more each for a possible 10c refund if you drive however far you have to to get it. When you would put the bottle in your recycle bin anyway and save the petrol driving to a bin location.

As I sad, a new tax.

Pollution has stopped play in the India vs Sri Lanka Test Match in Delhi.

Warm gerbils?

56. Geriatric Mayfly

The fishing webcams in Central Tasmania show heavy snow falling for most of the day. How can this be in these frying times?

57. Nick

As I sad, a new tax.

Add a sugar tax to the total too.

58. Armadillo

You guys are being way too harsh on Frances Abbott. She’s a smart young lady.

It’s obvious that the photographer asked her to pose in a pair of red speedos. No way in the world she was falling for that old trick.

From the Daily Mail .

My favourite Guy Gibson story happened at a press conference in America to celebrate the first American airmen who were arriving home after 25 operations. one lady asked, ‘Wing Commander Gibson, how many operations have you been on against Germany?’ He replied, ” 174 ”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5139991/Return-Dambusters-617-Squadron-reformed.html#ixzz50BIdk9P7
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

60. Makka

The Sri Lankan players have face masks on.

EV’s. You know it makes sense.

61. cynical1

File under: Climate Change “Extreme weather events”.

Apply for next year’s grant as usual.

62. Davey Boy

via the phAge, Cheap Chinese cigarettes and the Victorian Labor MP’s brother

63. Ragu

An application fee of $80 applies per class of container.

Holy fuck

64. Jumpnmcar

Marsh gets a 100 and recommends those that dissed him to eat a bag of dicks.

65. Makka

Marsh proves the doubters , including this one , wrong.

Well done that young man!

As I sad, a new tax.

I think you will find the difference between the 15c extra charge and the 10c refund is just handling and paperwork overhead. It’s a tax that doesn’t even produce any usable revenue. Then your additional time wasted also does not provide a useful return to anyone. The whole concept is fully deadweight.

67. Baldrick

Rae
    #2574150, posted on December 3, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Fuck off Septimus (bully Kitteh stalker)

68. Jumpnmcar

Egg, Khalu got 243, can’t be that bad.
    😉

69. duncanm
    #2574148, posted on December 3, 2017 at 6:06 pm
    Look at this crap for the container scheme.
    It’ll need a whole new government department.

I think the big retailers and bottlers are allowed to run the scheme.
    Issuing huge invoices to their small competitors must seem like manna from heaven to them.
    Well done, Mike Baird, chief customer officer for corporate and institutional banking at NAB.

70. Ragu

absurd.

A dictat sez you need a government licence to sell beverages.

I was born in Sydney, but I will never return inside the borders of NSW because it’s run by the insane.

71. Armadillo

According to some estimates, the black market in cigarettes accounts for about 14 per cent of total tobacco consumption and cost Australian taxpayers about $1.6 billion last year in lost excise.

How exactly do you import cargo loads of cheap foreign cigarettes into Australia and customs doesn’t have a clue about it? It’s not as if you are swallowing a condom full of heroin, or carrying a boogie bag with a couple of pound of pot.

I can only assume the NSW Libs are tired of being in government and want Labor to have a turn.

It’s only fair.

73. Armadillo

Stimpy runs the NSW Liberal Party? Damn, I knew it. There was always something fishy about that bloke.

74. Armadillo

Stimpy, get back in here and confess. Immediately.

75. Ragu

Mr Pike suggests the ABF and Australian Taxation Office have repeatedly understated the significance of the illicit tobacco market, with estimates he provided to the ABF suggesting that about $4 billion was being lost in duty because of the problem – about four times what the agencies have publicly claimed.

76. Infidel Tiger

Great innings from Marsh. He has broken England.

77. Steve trickler.

It’s true. LOL!

Female cops on the front line. It bodes well for peace of mind.

78. Ragu

Stimpy, get back in here and confess. Immediately.

East Coast confirmed!

79. Marcus

Marsh gets a 100 and recommends those that dissed him to eat a bag of dicks.

West Australians are the Best Australians.

What a great Test innings in pretty difficult conditions.

80. Infidel Tiger

Egg, Khalu got 243, can’t be that bad.

Doug Walters smoked 80 Rothmans a day and he did okay.

81. DrBeauGan

I don’t think they are insane. I think they are born meddlers with not the faintest notion of the extent of their own ignorance and stupidity.

82. Infidel Tiger

Oh no. Sri Lanka lose a wicket first ball.

Smoke gets in your eyes.

83. Boambee John

Hasn’t test pattern told us that he is the white half of a mixed family?

To what extent might his son’s expertise in STEM derive from each genetic stream in his parenthood?

84. Makka

The STEM subjects are hard yards and if administered right, are unforgiving. If testicles kid did alright in WACE then it’s without a doubt he earned it regardless of ethnicity. Good on him.

85. Nick

That wasteful decision to spend $2bn on the two sporting grounds has lost my vote, and I use the venues!

86. Geriatric Mayfly

Every time I light a fag, which is often, I think not of the pleasure it gives, but of the contribution I am making to the dawning of the NDIS. My contempt for those who avoid this responsibility, by indulging in excise-free gaspers, is beyond words.

87. Armadillo

88. Boambee John

Zulu at 1837

the first American airmen who were arriving home after 25 operations.

The movie Memphis Belle gives the date that the crew finished their 25th operation. IIRC, it was the date of the dams raid. As the Americans celebrated, No 617 Squadron prepared to take off.

89. Mitch M.

Yes, there is no reason to assume that aborigines are inherently incapable of performing well in STEM. Congrats TP.

90. nemkat

Andrew Bolt and Peta Credlin must both be pretty dumb to place any faith in a post turtle like George Christensen.
    He’s another Katter, though without the rat cunning.

91. Makka

Not to in anyway diminish the enormous achievements of Bomber Command and Gibson et al, the yanks did the daylight raids. Note too that the Luftwaffe was at the height of its effectiveness in ’41 and ’42. They all – Poms and Yanks fighting that Air War – were big balled heroes in my book.

92. Jannie

Steve Trickler, the East Asian flash mob, oh it was sublime – thanks.

93. Shelley

I’m a bit behind the times I think and this isn’t really a showstopper, but has Chris Uhlmann gone to Channel Nine with Andrew Pwobyn the new go to political editor for their ABC?

Teaching them obscure tribal languages only spoken by 500 other people in the world, probably doesn’t help though. There’s millions of excellent technical manuals written in English, so that’s the language to learn if you want success in STEM.

95. Shelley

ABC showing where the flood waters got to, but suddenly receded in (I think they said) Wangaratta? Seemed very fake news.

96. Nick

Milo:

‘I’m basically like a cross between a Russian oligarch’s wife and a Chinese tourist, lots of gold and plenty of Louis Vuitton,’ he said

Lol.

97. Shelley

Thanks Baldrick, so Andrew Pwobyn is on a nice earner then. At least I could listen to Chris Uhlmann – he was the most tolerable but I cannot listen to the aforementioned, neither his lack of ability to say ‘r’ or his personal spin (opinion) on his reporting.

98. Makka

Let me rephrase that;

“They all – Poms , Aussies, Saffies , Canadians, assorted Commonwealth airmen and Yanks fighting that Air War – were big balled heroes in my book.”

99. Zyconoclast

Diogenes
    #2574104, posted on December 3, 2017 at 5:09 pm
    Email I have just sent to the NSW Environment Minister

Please share the response even if it includes a voucher for hammer and nails.

Makka
    #2574209, posted on December 3, 2017 at 7:31 pm

12 O’Clock High movie and TV series.

101. Makka

12 O’Clock High movie and TV series.

Didn’t miss a one.

102. alexnoaholdmate

Wow. That’s a bit overboard, mate.

Oh, I get it. “Fag” means “cigarette.”

Dec 16, 2016 – Award-winning journalist Andrew Probyn is the successful applicant for the key position of Political Correspondent for ABC nightly current affairs flagship 7.30. Probyn has been Federal Political Editor for The West Australian newspaper since 2005. In that role he has been named Federal Parliamentary…

104. Rae

has Chris Uhlmann gone to Channel Nine

Has taken over the role previously occupied by Laurie Oakes at 9.

105. Infidel Tiger

He’s another Katter, though without the rat cunning.

Peta Credlin is the worst political advisor in this nation’s history.

Let us not forget that the good version of Abbott has coincided with her being away from his office.

106. Makka

Peta Credlin is the worst political advisor in this nation’s history.

This was more Abbott’s fault than Credlin. Far more in fact.

107. Infidel Tiger

Credlin is absolute poison. She has no manners and no ideology.

108. Marcus

He’s another Katter, though without the rat cunning.

Yep.

Just like Christopher Pyne should be disendorsed for sabotaging the Liberals, so Christensen should be disendorsed for using the National brand as a free ride into Parliament. He wants to push for banking Royal Commissions and cross the floor to protect penalty rates, let him run under his own banner. If he makes it back in he can become the next Tony Windsor.

Makka
    #2574226, posted on December 3, 2017 at 7:50 pm
    12 O’Clock High movie and TV series.

Didn’t miss a one.

Yes. Interesting change with Burke.

END OF OVER:149 | 15 Runs | AUS: 442/8

That’s a typically confident declaration, 8 for 442 and more than 20 overs left in the day.

111. Viva

Frances Abbott on p.19 of the Sunday Mail, not wearing duds.

Of course she is wearing duds – just micro sized ones you cant see at that angle. Still looks tacky though

112. Delta A

That’s typical of the Cricket I recall years ago when the game was worth watching. I was a huge fan in those days.

PC upset the MT clique. MSM joined in.

Skaf gang rapist who showed no remorse when he was jailed for 40 years for attacking two women is ‘caught trying to sell a kilo of ice’ while out on parole

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5140533/Skaf-gang-rapist-bars-selling-meth.html#ixzz50BgJcuau
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So, presumably, he’ll be returned to the clink to serve the rest of his sentence?

115. DrBeauGan

She has a better bum than the chick who won the Cambridge competition.

Beautiful moon rise tonight. A full, glowing disc in an indigo sky.

117. marcus classis

UN “thinks Jerusalem isn’t a Jewish place”: New motions target Israel’s sovereignty
    SHEILA GUNN REID

The United Nations just passed six new hateful motions that target Israel and its sovereignty.

The worst of those motions is one that basically moves to sever any Jewish ties to their continuous and undivided capital, Jerusalem.

The motion, passed 151 to six. The six “no” votes were from Israel, Canada, the United States, the Marshall Islands, Nauru and Micronesia.

link

The nine countries who abstained were: Australia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Honduras, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, South Sudan and Togo.

Link

More unspeakable pro-barbarian behavior from the Turdball and Bitchop team.

Moon: 99.7%
    Near Full Moon (Waxing Gibbous)
    Current Time: 3 Dec 2017 at 8:27:59 pm
    Moon Phase Tonight: Full Moon
    Full Moon: 4 Dec 2017 at 2:46 am
    (Next Phase)

119. Farmer Gez

Guarda la Bella Luna.

Always sounds better in Italian.

120. Rev. Archibald

This thread is full of cricket and shit about the Liberal party.
    Two of the gaiest things in Christiandom.
    Snore.

121. John Constantine

Going to review the leg stump lbw

122. Delta A

“Beautiful moon rise tonight. A full, glowing disc in an indigo sky.”

Glad you saw it this time, calli. Last supermoon, on November 14 2016, your area was covered with cloud. This year we have gloomy skies, hiding the spectacle, and so I shall borrow your quote at the time: this is “The Thread of Gloatation. Sniff.”

123. John Constantine

Loses a review, loses a wicket.

124. Delta A

Oh dear, that sounded very Grigoresque. Sorry. I just have a good memory for trivia.

125. Nick

Beautiful moon rise tonight. A full, glowing disc in an indigo sky.

Frances Abbott sure gets about

Really?

‘The battle of Waterloo was won on the playing fields of Eton’.

127. Rev. Archibald

Not even the trolls are any good anymore.
    Monty is just phoning it in, Test pattern is a pale imitation and no bird strikes.
    The only good thing on here is me, and you swine have no apreciation.

128. nemkat

PC upset the MT clique. MSM joined in.
    Credlin had a bone to pick with Turnbull, and brought Abbott down in the process.
    Turnbull looked and sounded quietly confident on Sky this morning.
    If he can get on the front foot when Parliament resumes, he might be in a position to go after the probable dozens of ALP MPs who have hung on to their British citizenship.

129. Delta A

Your starting to get tetchy, Arky. Lay off the red cordial for the night.

Near Full Moon (Waxing Gibbous)

Conan did his best work under a Gibbous Moon.

131. Rev. Archibald

I’m going off to find something interesting to liven this thread up.

132. Rae

Super Moon not quite there yet. Will be at 2.46 am tomoz.

Marsh gets a 100 and recommends those that dissed him to eat a bag of dicks.

Christopher Pyne called.
    He insisted that he has been very critical of Marsh for quite some time and is prepared to take his medicine.

134. Makka

Super Moon not quite there yet. Will be at 2.46 am tomoz.

Just can’t help himself.

nemkat
    #2574266, posted on December 3, 2017 at 8:40 pm

MT? I doubt it.

‘The battle of Waterloo was won on the playing fields of Eton’.

Attributed to the Duke of Wellington, who always denied having made the statement.

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #2574277, posted on December 3, 2017 at 8:44 pm

Peta Credlin is the worst political advisor in this nation’s history.

139. Bruce in WA

Doner kebabs could soon be banned across Europe due to links with heart disease

A late-night kebab could soon be a thing of the past, according to legislation which has been put forward by the European Union.

According to Metro, the legislation would make doner kebabs – which originated in Turkey – illegal across Europe, because of the phosphates that they contain and their links to cardiovascular disease.

Beautiful moon rise tonight. A full, glowing disc in an indigo sky.

Frances Abbott sure gets about

With Mars rising in the East?

who always denied having made the statement.

Well it was an incredibly stupid thing to say. No sensible person would ever own up to it.

It has a ring of programmatic specificity to it. And also rank hyperbowl.

‘The battle of Waterloo was won on the playing fields of Eton’.

I think you will find it was near Waterloo in Belgium (then the Netherlands).
    Eton is near Windsor, England.
    Hard to imagine how that mistake could be made.

143. Jumpnmcar

Haha, the Member for Dawson made galumphs of the media…again.
    Aaahahahaaa

144. Geriatric Mayfly

Says all you want to know about that nanny circus. I think their last major directive was on the correct measurements for each fragment of shredded lettuce.

145. notafan

Emma Eros ‘responds’ to Milo Yiannopoulos.

Because getting made a fool of once is never enough.

She should concentrate on her jelly wrestling career.

Eros and Yammie the best defenders of Islam evah.

double down clown

146. notafan

At Facebook only sorry

147. Then fuck off well.
    On another note thanks SATP for reminding me of The classic Bush Christening- On the outer Barcoo where the churches are few and men of religion are scanty etc.

SAS considers watering down its gruelling selection tests to give women a better chance of joining the elite unit

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5140649/SAS-considers-watering-tests-women-applicants.html#ixzz50Bs4vzox
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And so it begins..

Cricket bring rain to Adelaide.

150. DrBeauGan

This is for you, Arky. You’re a mathematician so you have to like music. This shows that Bach thought the Marcello piece I put up earlier good enough to pinc.

egg_
    #2574280, posted on December 3, 2017 at 8:49 pm
    Peta Credlin is the worst political advisor in this nation’s history.

RGR advisers?

152. Jumpnmcar

Stackja
    You may enjoy commentary from London lads after the rain.
    I’m on it through a radio app but they’re on that Facebook thing too.

The last couple of hours have been sweet.

153. I suppose I could be more tolerant of the resident yokel (even more of a yokel than me to be more accurate), however when there is never anything of any substance at any time, imo it is just clutter. It could be that the village idiot is kept on as some sort of light relief. I personally don’t find clowns soiling themselves particularly uplifting. I don’t have a say and am grateful to be tolerated myself. Just letting off steam because I have reach peak stupid overload.

When a Labor government with Gough Whitlam as Prime Minister was elected in 1972, Spigelman became Whitlam’s Senior Adviser and Principal Private Secretary

155. bystander

The latest iteration of S Marsh’s run of failures is today’s failure to fail.

156. Rev. Archibald

Steven Seagal news:

Manila (AFP) – Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte brought in a special guest on Friday to rally troops battling Islamic State followers in the south — US action hero Steven Seagal.
    He was there to impart martial wisdom to soldiers fighting the feared Abu Sayyaf, a band of Muslim extremists, some of whose members have pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group.

Although his military background outside Hollywood is questionable, Seagal lectured the troops on how they would have to steel themselves for a lengthy war of attrition.

“I hope I can be involved with all of you in this war against all of these evil things,” he said.

A beaming Duterte praised Seagal, telling the troops “he is a soldier so he is on the same wavelength with you when he talks”.

Seagal, whose recent career has largely consisted of direct-to-video movies, apparently bonded with fellow tough-guy Duterte when they met in Manila in October.

He has previously praised Duterte for making the Philippines safer despite widespread criticism that Duterte is resorting to brutal, strong-arm tactics that have claimed hundreds of lives.

Philippine authorities say almost 4,000 “drug personalities” have been killed since Duterte launched a bloody war on drugs after taking office last year.

– 7news

157. John Constantine

Mentioning Bomber Command makes you appreciate how cutting edge their left have become.

Instead of bleeding out blood and treasure to bomb power plants through lethal flak and nightfighters until the enemy is deindustrialised, their transnational looting powers bribe a few quisling politicians.

The actual victims then have to pay for the bombs that their own bribed politicians use to blow up their own power plants, then pay for the solar panels that are supposed to replace them.

Comrades.

158. alexnoaholdmate

I prefer girls who wax gibbous.

159. Jumpnmcar

As said by a meek bystander.

160. nemkat

stackja
    #2574276, posted on December 3, 2017 at 8:44 pm
    I doubt it too, but he didn’t look beaten on Sky today.
    The brutal approach is the only way to deal with Labor, and he’s definitely got it in him.

Who are the people in blue pyjamas on top of the stand at the Adelaide Oval?

162. Pedro the Ignorant

Back when I was small boy, about 8-9 y.o. from memory, I was allowed to sit in the tail gunners turret of G-George, the Australian War Memorial’s iconic Lancaster bomber.

These days of course, you are not even allowed to touch the aircraft, but my very brief time in that seat has remained burned in my memory.

I often think of the incredible bravery and sheer guts of the young men who climbed into those bombers night after night, knowing that the odds of survival of any given bombing mission were well and truly stacked against them.

God bless them all, heroes to a man.

Bruce in WA

#2574281, posted on December 3, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Doner kebabs could soon be banned across Europe due to links with heart disease

I never eat a donor kebab unless I know who the donor is.

164. Geriatric Mayfly

Only once, can I recall him belting the sh#**! out of Labor, and it was a top performance. Pity he cannot call on his inner mongrel more often. I get the feeling he just cannot be bothered investing the energy required.

God bless them all, heroes to a man.

Well said.

166. John Constantine

Turnbullites brutality will be turned upon One Nation and the conservative micro parties.

Behead all those that disrespect Turnfailure.

(Except kristinamania, cause she purty.)

167. Rev. Archibald

Moorabin has an interesting air museum where you can hop into some of the exhibits.
    I became a member with every intention of doing some turning on the lathe for them, but have yet to find the time.
    Friendly blokes there too.

We have established two things …
    (1) Gorging George will leak but not follow through.
    (2) The Clog Blogger can’t be trusted to leak to without spilling the beans.
    Good.
    Should be more of it.
    A deep mistrust between the media and pollies is a good thing.

169. Infidel Tiger

Day/Night cricket proves to be the New Coke of concepts.

A debacle.

170. Zatara

US Russian action hero Steven Seagal.

Although his military background outside Hollywood is questionable non existant …..

Are editors on the endangered species list these days?

171. Delta A

Williamtown, NSW, too, at Fighter World, an excellent museum on the RAAf base.

We were lucky enough to see four hornets take off one after the other; certainly made the earth move for me.

Adelaide weather saving electricity?

173. cynical1

So some still believe Malcolm has a spine?

Clear air and all that.

Malcolm has no spine, no convictions and no core beliefs.

He is the Dr Zachary Smith of Parliament.

Minus the personality.

174. nemkat

John Constantine
    #2574324, posted on December 3, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Not a bad idea, if he does.
    One Nation’s 11 Seats won in the 89 Seat Qld Parliament in 1998 was on the back of a collapse in National Party support.
    9 of the 11 were total flakes, and their Seats went ALP at, or before the 2001 Poll, including the ones won from the National Party.
    The lesson is easy:
    playing ducks and drakes with One Nation clowns is a losing bet, both in the short and long term.

175. candy

George Christensen should be expelled from the LNP, when you think about it. Telling journalists he is going to resign if the PM is still there in a week’s time.

Because he’s obese and silly-sounding, no-one cares, but why should all this be acceptable. I’ve no axe to grind for M. Turnbull but really it’s very poor behaviour.

In his heart he must know he sounds like an idiot.

176. Robber Baron

The cancer known as Turnbull is picking off each conservative one by one until there are none left.

I want to know how much Goldman Sachs is paying him to destroy Australia.

177. Eyrie

Yes, the guys fighting the air war over Germany were heroes. The really, really sad part is so were the German fighter pilots.

178. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Humanity consists of various cascades of overlapping gene pools.

Weather consists of various cascades of overlapping atmospheric phenomena.
    Therefore there’s no such thing as rain, right?

Nah. Rain is a poor analogy, Tel, as it is very generic; same everywhere. My point, and I think O’Rourke’s, is that it is not possible to isolate whole generic categories of ‘Asian’, ‘White’, ‘Black’, ‘Brown’, the simplistic skin-toned way in which racists tend to think about race, although there will be some common genetic markers. Note I did say too that ‘for practical purposes’ race is best ignored, that it’s hard to research it adequately, and I hope indicated that the intersection of genetic factors and cultural ones is complex.

Gotta lot to get done B4 sailing out on Thursday for ten days.
    May pop in once we’re on the high seas with 6000 others.
    Why are we doing this, I ask Hairy again.

179. Mater

Two points:

1. Operations are far more gruelling than selection, so it simply lowers operational capability. The course is not a boys club ritual designed to see if you ‘fit the mould’. It is a genuine test to determine if you have the physical and mental attributes to do the jobs you’ll be sent to complete.

2. The bigger danger here is not the prospect of getting females in the unit (most wouldn’t want to do the job after they experience it for the first time). The real risk associated with ‘a levelled playing field’, is getting sub-standard males.

180. candy

A deep mistrust between the media and pollies is a good thing.

Yeah, but A. Bolt is a good guy. He probably holds lots of secrets but won’t disclose because of ethics, but G. Christensen told him to publish, specifically agreeing.

I think he will be quite hurt by that, and yes not trust any of the LNP conservatives, apart from TA and probably Andrews and Abetz, the old guard.

181. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

If I get time I will report on Milo from Tuesday nite.
    May not be up to the high standard set by Janie.

182. Gab

If I get time I will report on Milo from Tuesday nite

IF? No ifs about it, lady! We expect a full report!

Ta.

183. John Constantine

If the tens of thousands of flak guns had been fighting on the Eastern Front with their crews, shooting millions of shells at Stalin’s tank riders instead of the lads of bomber command, the world would be a different place now.

184. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

That’s an excellent point Mater which should be made to those in charge.
    FFS how many times do they have to be told that no women are equivalent to the strongest men?

185. nemkat

Yeah, it’s like that.
    Turnbull is unpredictable, though.
    I thought his finest moment was denying Rudd Australia’s recommendation for the UNSecGen lurk.
    He did it in public, and made Rudd a laughingstock.
    Incredibly, 12 out of 23 in the Cabinet voted to endorse the kid who grew up in a VW.
    So, while it is unAustralian not to loathe Turnbull, there is an upside- he has effectively destroyed the prospects of Julie Bishop, Christopher Pyne, and Scott Morrison, plus ended the careers of a dozen of the people who got him the job.

186. Rev. Archibald

And also not fuck things up for the other people around you as they do that job, I imagine.
    I don’t get the mentality of wanting to do it at the expense of watering it down. Either in the minds of the chicks or of those who want to recruit them.
    Plus the entire thing is a logical fallacy.
    Chicks can do everything blokes can do, therefore we have to lower the standards so chicks can do everything blokes can do.

187. candy

He did it in public, and made Rudd a laughingstock.

Not here in Queensland, nemkat. M. Turnbull was just seen as mean.

188. Infidel Tiger

I will give my report on Milo.

An uppity fag with the gift of the gab who should be shunned by all right minded people.

189. Oh come on

Ben Shapiro is more right about Milo than he is wrong.

190. Joe

He is the Dr Zachary Smith of Parliament.

With no Robot for moral guidance.

191. Rev. Archibald

At the supermarket.
    Looking at bacon.
    Nineteen different bacon products.
    Only one I can find made from Australian produce.
    We can no longer grow pigs competitivrly.
    Add that to the list.

192. Oh come on

Apparently Milo tweeted Shapiro pictures of a black baby on the day of Shapiro’s child’s birth (ie Shapiro had been ‘cucked’ by a black guy). That’s pretty gross – and malevolent.

NBC says they’re not paying out Lauer’s $US30 million contract.
    Something about showing your penis to random staff members negating the terms.

194. nemkat

candy
    #2574352, posted on December 3, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Turnbull is mean. So far he’s been mostly mean to his base.
    If he can get the virtue signalling out of his system, and find some deserving victims, he may do alright.

195. Older generation Australians were about “fighting the establishment”. The latest generation are all about “sucking up” to the establishment to see exactly how much cash and favours they can extract. Sad.

That’s because the older generation are now the establishment, and they control things far more than the previous mob. Boomers have a lot to answer for.

196. Infidel Tiger

Active homosexuals are habitual liars and must be ignored by anyone of a righteous bent.

197. Infidel Tiger

True. The Boomers are the worst people in human history. Shirkers of virtue and moochers too.

198. 132andBush

Is nemkat Lucy Turnbull?

199. Snoopy

2015 Queensland State Election
    Total votes (% of roll) 89.89
    Informal votes (% of roll) 2.11
    Formal votes (% of roll) 87.78

2017 Queensland State Election
    Total votes (% of roll) 85.35
    Informal votes (% of roll) 4.31
    Formal votes (% of roll) 81.04

There’s a message in those figures. But what is it?

200. Myrddin Seren

Hey Lizzie B

I just got back to your extract at 12:18

Please don’t take offence, just a lay reader comment.

If you are aiming this theory at a general readership, with all respect I think you need to tighten the prose.

As an example, this sentence took several re-reeads:

Genetically, we find rather surprisingly, the British and Irish are long-stable populations, not greatly changed since the first coastal and overland migrations, with more Neolithic input from Scandinavia than anywhere else, signal to an earlier migration as well as the later input of Viking adventurers.

There is a lot in that one sentence. I think you need to break your sentence structure down in to discrete points.

eg

Genetically, the British and Irish are long-stable populations.

We may find this rather surprising, given the common understanding of a long series of coastal and overland migrations.

There is more Neolithic input from Scandinavia than anywhere else. This points to an earlier migration as well as the later well-known input of Viking adventurers.

Regards
    Myrdds.

201. Infidel Tiger

NBC says they’re not paying out Lauer’s $US30 million contract.
    Something about showing your penis to random staff members negating the terms.

And yet they installed a rape button in his office for him.

Swines.

202. Boris

In his heart he must know he sounds like an idiot.

What percentage of politicians feel this way? Self reflection is a special gift and rare in any humans, and even rarer in politicians. Even David Cameron probably thinks he has done the right thing with the Brexit referendum. The same with John Howard running in 2007.

203. candy

nemakt,
    My take is that he would do well except for conservatives who constitute about 3 to 4 % of Newspoll figures he cannot get back. Because, “we don’t matter”. It makes things very very lineball for him.
    If he can rectify that he would do better. But I can’t bear the man and his changing principles, day to day, changing his values. I’m just one conservative old fashioned gal, but.

204. Snoopy

Ahem!

205. nemkat

132andBush
    #2574365, posted on December 3, 2017 at 10:12 pm
    Haven’t quite got the man jaw, but the way i’m going, i could probably talk myself into it.

206. candy

No, G. Christensen acts like an idiot. I’m good with Cameron and Howard believing in their decisions. It’s what we expect. If it’s right or wrong, they believe.
    George is just a very silly man. He’s 40, not 25 or so where you expect a younger person to make mistakes.

207. Infidel Tiger

George Christensen is a slovenly pig and a socialist.

Speak for yourself!

POLLING NEWS
    Coalition close gap on Labor with Turnbull still preferred PM

The Australian
    9:53PM December 3, 2017

David Crowe
    Political correspondent
    Canberra
    @CroweDM

Voters have given Malcolm Turnbull a boost on a key leadership measure as he claims “every confidence” he can fight and win the next election, helping the Coalition regain some of its lost ground against Labor.

The government has recovered some ground from its horror result in the last Newspoll, which showed Labor was ahead by 55 to 45 per cent. It now trails by 53 to 47 per cent.

Mr Turnbull has widened the gap with Bill Shorten as preferred prime minister to lead by 39 to 33 per cent, halting a perilous slide in support as parliament resumes on Monday with fights looming over same sex marriage and the citizenship questions facing dozens of MPs.

Breaking news from the Oz.

210. notafan

I wasn’t aware of the rather one sided Shapiro Yiannopoulos feud.

Shapiro certainly runs rings round Milo.

Milo is entertaining enough and making the most of his time in the sun.

He certainly isn’t the Messiah but for the populist message he’s a start.

Ben Shapiro versus Milo Yiannopoulos

211. DrBeauGan

Rev. Archibald
    #2574323, posted on December 3, 2017 at 9:19 pm
    Something more vigorous I think Dr. BG:

It was certainly fun, Arky. I’m not sure if it was music. Scoring it for cannons was certainly original.

I liked the fireworks.

212. Boris

Milo in Perth – 2 December

Missed it. Thanks Jannie for an outstanding report. Will try going next time.

Guys where can I read Milo. He seems to be controversial even for this crowd ? Is he against SSM?

213. DrBeauGan

Milo is against ssm in Australia on the grounds that we have no constitutional defence of free speech or religion, Boris.

Mostly he gets a reputation for being wildly original just by saying the bleeding obvious in a world strangled by political correctness. He’s quite funny and quite bright. And prepared to take on lefties who are, let’s face it, rather stupid. They are running scared of him atm.

214. DrBeauGan

You can get any number of YouTubes of milo by googling his name.

215. Indolent

Is he against SSM?

The last time I heard him speak about it (on Bolt) he seemed equivocal but since then I believe he has married someone (whether legally or not).

There are any number of clips of Milo up on youtube, including some full presentations from his tour of American colleges last year.

216. Oh come on

Shapiro is gravitas attempting to put on a show. It works.

Milo is a show attempting to put on gravitas. It works.

What you prefer comes down to personal taste, I suppose.

217. nemkat

Snoopy
    #2574366, posted on December 3, 2017 at 10:12 pm

Scrutineered on the southside on polling day.
    Informal Postal Votes were about 8%, due mostly to voting 1, and not allocating preferences. Voters didn’t read the instructions.
    The LNP also did very poorly with PrePoll, normally one of it’s strengths.
    Around 3 in 10 ALP PrePoll votes preferenced the LNP, which is unusual, normally it wouldn’t be 1 in 100.
    What it means, i don’t know, but John Barilaro repudiating Turnbull didn’t seem to do Joyce any harm yesterday.

218. Infidel Tiger

Like most of the things Boomers foisted upon us, Paul McCartney is just terrible.

The Beatles were bad enough, but on his own that is just torture. He represents a generation we will all be glad to see the back of.

219. Boris

There are any number of clips of Milo up on youtube

Can I get some more specific recommendation? Too much choice is too much work.

220. Bruce in WA

God bless them all, heroes to a man.

As a lowly Clerk, C-IV, automatic, at age 17 I joined the ranks of the WA public service, Education Department, Records Branch.

The 2-i-c was one George Donald Currie, a brisk, no nonsense Scot with a heart as big as all get-go. I’d been there some time before I learned he could put the letters DFC after his name. This mild, gentlemanly man had been Flying Officer Currie, a tail-gunner in 466 Squadron RAAF. Then, when he was tour expired, he immediately elected to be posted to 156 Squadron, Pathfinders, RAF.

One of his favourite expressions was, “Neat, but not gaudy, as the monkey said when he painted the cat’s balls blue”.

Wonderful man.

221. Boris

Also prefer reading. Might not even get half oral jokes

222. DrBeauGan

Can I get some more specific recommendation? Too much choice is too much work.

Don’t be lazy, Boris.

223. Rev. Archibald

He represents a generation we will all be glad to see the back of.

Those rotters will find a way to end the world as they leave it.
    They are that arrogant and self-obsessed they believe nothing should exist without them.
    That is the core of the boomer ethos.

224. Bruce in WA

Paul McCartney on 60 min

Which is why I’m here and not watching TV. Bad enough listening to the sanctimonious prick in the background.

And BTW, IT, it has SFA to do with him being a boomer. He’s just a twat.

225. Bruce in WA

Those rotters will find a way to end the world as they leave it.
    That is the core of the boomer ethos.

Fuck me …

226. Rev. Archibald

Having said that, most of the people I enjoy spending time with are boomers.
    It’s pleasant.
    They don’t tax your intellect.

227. Infidel Tiger

Those rotters will find a way to end the world as they leave it.
    That is the core of the boomer ethos.

With luck we can euthanise most of them while they beg our forgiveness. We will of course ignore their pleas.

228. DrBeauGan

McCartney could play a guitar and sing reasonably well. He hasn’t an idea in his head. Most of them haven’t. Why on earth would anyone think otherwise?

229. Rev. Archibald

Fuck me …

Not if you’re a boomer.
    Too wrinkly.

230. Snoopy

Whiny bitches are out tonight. No shame. No self respect.

231. Infidel Tiger

Buy Milo’s book?

You’d be better off buying a gay stick mag and shoving it up your arse for all the intellectual benefit you will derive from that vapid fraud’s jottings.

232. Bruce in WA

Hey, IT and Arky

Try some of this … ’cause you’re both full of it tonight.

Curse you, I’ve got single malt coming out of my nose….

For whatever reason, I was in uniform on the streets of Perth – I saluted a holder of the D.F.C. – easily recognizable by his mustache – one time Flight Lieutenant, Royal Air Force, and comedian, Jimmie Edwards..

234. jupes

Not sure that a Flying Officer would be manning the tail gun Bruce.

235. Gab

lol. I do enjoy Infidel Tiger’s comments when he’s in a good mood.

236. Infidel Tiger

Wonderful man.

He sounds fantastic. Of course he wasn’t a Boomer who shirked his duty and mooched of the largesse of the country and future generations.

237. Oh come on

Lots of Boomers I love. Problem is that they let the worst of them define them. And the worst of them are just the pits.