New Years Eve 2017

99 Responses to New Years Eve 2017

1. Baldrick

And a happy And healthy 2018 to all Cats and Kittehs
    (Except Grigory sock puppets Rae and nemkat)

2. Top Ender

That Abba lady is still not returning my calls.

Must send more flowers.

A Happy New Year to all Cats, and Kittehs.

(Except, as Baldrick says, Grogarly and his sock puppets.)

4. Peter Castieau

As I sit here in my MAGA t-shirt (purchased in Washington) sipping on a home brew, I must say 2017 was a great year. Sold three more this week for 81 units totalling $4.15m and am happy to be working tomorrow morning at 6.00am handing over a caravan to a young couple from Kalgoorlie who fly in tonight from Tassie after spending Christmas with family.
    I’m glad I’ve joined the Australian Conservatives and can advise WA Cats that we now have a state director in Brett. Great news.
    I will continue to make Catallaxy Files my first port of call each and every morning and always have the open thread going on in the background at work.
    Many thanks to all Cats (except gargooly) for your wit, friendship and encouragement and I hope you all have a terrific 2018.

Cheers custard

5. Top Ender

Cheers Custard, and more strength to your selling – and political fortunes – in 2018.

Sipping some Parson’s Paddock and imbibing cheddar after dinner. My thanks to the parson whoever he was.

No music vids from me, but I’ll put up a couple of nice local news stories. First this one:

THE LIGHTER SIDE OF THE HUNTER IN 2017

I tips my hat to the guy who won a beer garden in a raffle. The lady whose house turned into a beehive is fun too, although I wouldn’t want it to happen to me.

This one also from today is for RAN history Cats:

SECRETS OF THE HAWKESBURY RIVER REVEALED

HMAS Swan D61 and HMAS Parramatta D55 both from WW1. Cool stuff!

7. Henry2

Happy new year all.
    Great prospects for me, new country and a new baby, though my fiance’ is doing the latter work.
    I wish everybody wealth and prosperity.

8. Top Ender

Interesting video Bruce – thanks.

9. candy

Should be ABBA , not Abba.

10. Grigory M

Happy New Year, you deluded lot. May you continue to be afflicted by memories of me forever.

11. candy

With the first B back to front, is what I meant.

12. Top Ender

Well go on then Candy….

13. Robber Baron

Happy New Year everyone. I am confident that 2018 will be even more interesting than 2017.

14. Baldrick

candy
    #2597877, posted on December 31, 2017 at 6:53 pm
    Should be ABBA , not Abba.

The pedant never sleeps.

15. Caveman

Friday the brunette was hotter. Is this an open fred cause I claim top twenty.

16. chrisl

It has been a great year for me(Who cares about the rest of you) Tigers win premiership and I was lucky enough to get a ticket. Go tigers After 38 years
    Sold my house in Melbourne at 10.30 and at 2.30 bought another down on the Great Ocean Rd
    Next year will be spent planning and building a house down there
    If Custard was in Melbourne I would give some of that lovely Caravan Commission to him!

17. OneWorldGovernment

Yeah.

Thanks Sinclair.

All the best to you and all Cats for 2018.

18. candy

Well go on then Candy….

Well that’s a bit tricky to muck around with. Sorry to sound pedantic.
    It’s just an interesting thing, that’s all, that the first B is back to front and sometimes people don’t notice.

19. Makka

Happy New Year Sinc and to all at the Cat. May we all have a great 2018.

20. Caveman

✌👌👌✌ that’s ABBA in wingdings.

21. thefrolickingmole

Got to say last year was pretty good for me personally.
    Some of my best medic work which has improved the lives of a few people, a new baby and work is solid and rewarding.

Oh and ‘Illary still isnt president.

Hope everyones next one is a better one, except for grig, I hope mummies very disappointed in him…

22. Rabz

Cavo, brunettes are always hotter.

23. Peter Castieau

Hey chrisl!

I’m at the big Melbourne show in February. It’s an honour as you only get the gig if you have a great record.
    Look me up if you are going to the show.

Cheers

Peter Castieau
    #2597935, posted on December 31, 2017 at 8:07 pm
    I’m at the big Melbourne show in February

Still held at the Caulfield racetrack?

25. Rabz

Let’s get this pardee started, peopkes!

26. Peter Castieau

At the Melbourne Showgrounds Ascot Vale next to the Flemington race course. I’ve never been there.

27. Free Advice

Where’s the Alexander Downer thread?

I knew the end of season 2 would have some twist, but I’d never would have guessed an aussie connection.

It looks like the dodgy fake Golden Showers Pee Pee dossier has collapsed for the FBI.

Now they are distancing themselves from the fabricated fraud.

I can’t wait for season 3.

And a happy And healthy 2018 to all Cats and Kittehs
    (Except Grigory sock puppets Rae and nemkat)

Is Grigs with us or is he aboard Skat of the Seas?

29. MikeS

God, NYE exclusive to the ABC staff collective again! I’ll have to drain the Esky to get through this. I’ve already been “welcomed to country” and purified in the smoking ceremony. Maybe it will work better with the sound down.

30. Helen

Natural tits all over – oh those were the days.

Hope you Cats and Kittehs have a great new Year for 2018 and not too many regrets for the one fading.

A tear for loved ones departed, a kiss and a smile for the new ones starting. Hasta la vista.

31. chrisl

Fine Peter I will see you there! I will be living in Essendon then which is only a couple of suburbs away
    I will have to do some research on towing capacity etc
    Cheers

32. Snoopy

Is Grigs with us or is he aboard Skat of the Seas?

She’s here.

Happy NYE to Grigs and Mother.

A special thought for you, Helen. I hope 2018 is a great year in the vast expanse of the NT, west of Katherine.

But most of all, I give thanks to the Doomlord. We would be a rudderless rabble without you. Thank you and have a great 2018, your Doomlordship.

Happy NYE to Grigs and Mother.

Laughed out loud, Egg!

36. val majkus

happy New Year to you all and to the doomlordship whose space we inhabit from time to time

37. Rabz

give thanks to the Doomlord. We would be a rudderless rabble without you

Harsh but fair. Despite his libertarian tendencies, the Perfesser remains a legend performing a most valuable public service.

38. val majkus

why the doomlord … is it sci fi … or some other connection>

39. entropy

Oh, fuck. The ABC has the New Year’s Eve coverage again.
    How on earth did that happen?

40. Stimpson J. Cat

I’m actually working you degenerate sane rabble.

41. Delta A

Congratulations Mole and Mrs Mole. I’ve been wondering about the arrival of Baby Mole. Hope everyone is well and happy.

42. Snoopy

We appreciate it Stimpy. We really do.

43. Delta A

To all Cats, a happy, healthy and wealthy New Year. With special thanks and wishes to Sinclair for giving all these wonderful minds a place to congregate day after day after day…

44. 明けましておめでとうございます

Happy New year Troops

45. entropy

Why oh why their ABC? Do the clown organisers think they can keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result?
    Who is the idiot? Clover Moore?

entropy
    #2598005, posted on December 31, 2017 at 9:36 pm

The City of Sydney manages the event.

47. Stimpson J. Cat
    #2598006, posted on December 31, 2017 at 9:37 pm

I’m actually working you degenerate sane rabble.

If it makes you feel any better i’m fishing and drinking beer with my smokn hot wife.

48. Delta A

If it makes you feel any better i’m fishing

Remembered the bait, Carpe?

49. Confused Old Misfit

Happy New Year all youze Cats & thank you Sinc for tolerating such a rowdy mob!

50. Remembered the bait, Carpe?

Yes we did

The infamous Lakes Entrance holiday still haunts me 🙂

Lady Jugulum is one of the Cat’s more enticing fantasies. Lucky boy, Carpe. Happy New Year.

Casey Donovan sings Lady Marmalade OMFG!

See you all in 2018 Cats.
    I should wait a year before I post this one since the events occur in 2019, not 2018.
    Yet it seems apt somehow. Amazing how time flies in 35 years.

54. Rockdoctor

สุขสันต์วันปีใหม่

Landed in SEA a couple of days ago to wet BKK welcome thought I’d go with local version…

Best luck for all in 2018.

Bruce of Newcastle
    #2598029, posted on December 31, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Roy Batty!

egg_
    #2598024, posted on December 31, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Casey Donovan? Never heard of him.

57. nilk

Happy New Year to all youse Cats and Kittehs. I’m trying to find time, but if work offers me more hours and pays me for them, then I’m taking it.

I think it’s safe to say that I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever that our respective State governments will improve any, so I’ll keep slogging away and dropping in when I can.

Love your work, and an especial thanks to the Doomlord.

As for their ALPBC NY special, it’s boring as all get out. Karaoke indeed, although I laughed at the irony of JPY singing “Yesterday’s Hero” to an audience of middle-aged women with large spectacles singing along.

58. Snoopy

Casey Donovan? Never heard of him.

Didn’t he play fullback for the Newcastle Knights?

59. 132andBush

Happy New Year everyone and thank you.

Snoopy
    #2598046, posted on December 31, 2017 at 10:42 pm

Related to Wild Bill Donovan?

Snoopy
    #2598061, posted on December 31, 2017 at 10:59 pm
    I doubt it Stacky.

OK

Flightradar24
    ‏Verified account
    @flightradar24
    1 hour ago
    Time travel is possible!
    Flight #HA446 just took off from New Zealand in 2018 and will land in Hawaii back in 2017!

63. Rayvic

Happy New Year to Sinc and all Cats (not to be confused with those from Geelong)

ABBA I know the rest I don’t.

65. OneWorldGovernment

Rabz
    #2598095, posted on December 31, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Well some things you can explain away
    But the heartache’s in me till this day

66. OneWorldGovernment

Zyconoclast

That’s not a Jagger

This is a Jagger

67. 132andBush

The music for the fire works finale sounded like a beer ad.

68. Bruce in WA

Happy New Year to all you wonderful people. See you in 2018.

Happy New Year to all you wonderful people. See you in 2018.

Keep your head, down, mate. See you in 2018.

70. OneWorldGovernment

Rabz

You’ve gota like this.

71. Up The Workers!

Hallelujah!!

New Years’ Eve has been and gone and not a single Muslim terrorist atrocity to mark the event, down in Dodgy Dan’s “Mogadishu-on-the-Yarra”.

Mind you, we did have a few things in our favour:

1). The recent arrests of Saeed Noori for one alleged murder and 17 alleged attempted murders in Flinders Street and also the arrest of Ali Khalif Shire Ali who allegedly planned a New Years Eve C.B.D. massacre. No word yet on the reactions of the Catholic Church or Irish Government to the arrest of two such typical ‘sons of the sod’, both being as Irish as Paddy’s Pigs. They may be close associates of the notorious Cardinal George Pell or Tony Abbott.

2). Dodgy Dans’ Political Police Farce tells us that their in-depth investigations and criminal ‘intelligence’ tell them that there is NO Muslim terrorism in Victoriastan; no religious terrorism; no systemic Middle-Eastern child-molestation or arranged under-aged marriages; no Sudanese or African gang crime; no Apex gangs; no car-jackings’ no home invasions; no broad-daylight Jewellery Store robberies with sledge-hammers and baseball-bats; no drug dealings; no trashing of expensive public buildings and community facilities; no kicking of female Policewomen in the head in broad daylight in crowded shopping malls.

3). Dodgy Dan’s hand-picked Chief Police Commissioner is currently off on sick-leave. Dodgy Dan wishes him a speedy recovery and asks all members of the public over the holiday period, to keep a sharp look out for the Chief Commissioners’ arse, because he evidently couldn’t find it with both hands, a team of trained investigators and a pack of sniffer-dogs.

72. What would I do without the Cats?

Wonderful wit & humour, stunning perception, great erudition, superb bullshit detection, and above all – great humanity.

The great Rilke speculated that we are here “so that God may know himself in you”……….well …..He must be well pleased (and not a little amused) by what he reads in the Cat Files.

A very pleasurable 2018 to you all.