Wednesday Forum: January 10, 2018

1,791 Responses to Wednesday Forum: January 10, 2018

1. Oh come on

Trump should stop using Twitter and just post messages on a private website that he owns..

So true. If Twitter hates Trump so much, he ought to give them what they wish for and relocate. (What’s this Gab platform that Stimps is on about?) BIRM – Trump’s continuing patronage of Twitter must be adding billions to the value of Twitter equity. Trump’s tweets alone make Twitter a vital news source. He should pull his account there and move to a less politically biased platform. This would single-handedly anoint the other platform as the new most relevant social media platform and Twitter would continue its slow decline.

The Commonwealth is abandoning a long held responsibility

‘Ministers from South Australia, Queensland and Western Australia have recently expressed concern that the Federal government will not renew the current Commonwealth State funding agreement for Indigenous Housing.’

So Canberra is not happy spending squillions on building nice new houses at huge cost in desert communities, because they are forced to use fly-in-fly-out builders, only for them to be wrecked in months? How amazing!

Question. What would happen if we blew up the moon?

The Moon is a harsh mistress; she tucks us in with her tides and shields us from the stones which get past Saturn’s rings. Tom Cruise allowed her to be blown up in Oblivion and paid the price

4. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

The sinewy body and face, the dead eyes, the barely suppressed scowl and aggression, the pittance of intelligence and endless sense of self; they never get past stage B or C of Piaget; the pig dog look suffused with drugs.

Yes. Don’t legalise the crazy stuff. It won’t help, and will probably make things worse.

Sorry, but I am not very ‘libertarian’ about this. Seen too much damage from the glorious hippie ‘lifestyle’ that now imbues our culture. Drug counselled too many distressed families and see how much the ‘harm minimisation’ culture has taken hold everywhere. To me, minimization along the Swedish model (I think its Sweden, where usage is not criminal but ‘treated’) is best, don’t jail, but remove user from the context. No more drugs for you, Sunshine. Into long-term drug-free treatment. No ‘scoring’, no glamour.

I propose we blow up the moon.

I’m pissed off I still haven’t seen the movie.

6. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Trump should promise to put an all female team of astronauts on the moon.

I prefer the company of men. Some of it must rub off.

8. Rae

What would happen if we blew up the moon?

It would get bigger.

Rae

#2608180, posted on January 12, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Ooohh …. Aaaaahhhh …. Oooohhh … I’ve just come in my sock again.

Trump should promise to put an all female team of astronauts on the moon.

Including one Mexican trannie.

11. Rae

As a person with currently gummed up allergy eyes

Zyrtec.

12. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

If we blew up the moon, Stimpy would have to change his medication, and lovers would no longer moon about it all; well met by moonlight and by the light of the silvery moon would lose all meaning.

So don’t blow it up. It makes sense just the way it is.
    Be interesting scientifically though to see what happened to human female menstruation (maybe nothing) and to the little birdies and insects who seem to be caught in the moon’s thrall for their travels.

Oh, and King Canute would miss his major PR event.

13. Rae

The Moonies would need a new name.

14. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Okay, yes — Trump shouldn’t call them “shithole countries.” A little respect is in order. They are shithole nations.

Trump has been reading the cat!

15. I propose we blow up the moon.

Would bugger up my lunar fishing charts.

How about we use the moon as a dumping ground for ecoloons?
    (The dark side)

You are assuming it is solid and not a very old spaceship.

While on such it reminds me of Macroscope in which the planet Neptune is very plausibly stolen.
    We need a SDPS quite badly right now.

17. herodotus

When we want your summaries or opinions Rae, we’ll ask for them.
    That will be never.

Seems that the lurk amongst the “big men”, in certain communities, is that you have two houses. You and your family live in one, while whitefella repairs the other – rinse and repeat.

19. Mother Lode

Funny thing is that saving money is something that the Federal government should be doing. If they announced it and explained why they are not spending your money (that is each one of you that pay taxes) he would likely do quite well. The ABC and Fauxfacts were planning on whinging anyway, this just helps them to decide what.

That fathead will do it shamefacedly, and try to find some other stupid way of wasting more money on the same thing.

20. Mitch M.

Currently, antihistamines-R-me

After decades of testing there are now concerns of enhanced dementia risk. This is recent and too early to know but I do not favour the long term use of antihistamines or anticholinergics. The loss of Ach function is an obvious enough risk for dementia but I still don’t understand the antihistamine related risks.

Cannabinoids, especially CBD, have demonstrated the exact opposite: enhanced neuroprotection. No known toxicity, and as doctors well know patient feedback is fundamental to finding the optimal dose. Studies are generalisations and not applicable to individuals.

Common allergy medications can damage brain, increase dementia risk

Long-Term Use of Antihistamines Linked to Dementia

Rae

#2608180, posted on January 12, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Ooohh …. Aaaaahhhh …. Oooohhh … I’ve just come in my sock again.

Careful not to put a foot in it.

What’s the best stain remover for that?

23. H B Bear

Liars hypocrite and Swiss tax avoider, Ol’ Bucket Guts dispenses some medical advice. Almost wish I had kept my subscription to Teh Australian to read the comments,

These enforced savings are for retirement; the overweight might eat less and exercise.

24. The Moribund Barking Toad

If we blew up the moon Dean would be farked…

“when the moon hits the sky……”

25. johanna

The femocrats in Congress are doing their bit for women via couture, just like the incredibly brave wimmenses at the Golden Globes:

NBC reported members of the Democratic Women’s Working Group are planning to wear black to the State of the Union address to show their solidarity with victims of sexual assault.

Gosh, the serial gropers and rapists must be shaking in their boots. Nothing to do with publicity for virtue signalling, of course. No, no, they are making a courageous stand – although last time I looked Audrey Hepburn in a little black dress has nothing to fear from these landwhales.

How about we use the moon as a dumping ground for ecoloons?
    (The dark side)

Taken by potatoes. I for one acknowledge our new vegetable overlords.

China will grow potatoes on the dark side of the moon by the end of the year (5 Jan)

The lander will be equipped with various instruments designed to study the lunar environment and geology in detail, but also a mini-habitat comprised of insects and plants.

Or I’ll acknowledge our new insect masters, if they win. Please don’t eat me!

27. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

and somebody’s entire boring medical history.

Yes, I’ll leave my conjunctivitis out of it.

However, I do hope Mike of Marion had OK news from his scan today.
    Let us know, Mike. Many are interested and concerned for you.

Including one Mexican (dwarf) trannie.

29. johanna

Darned spaminator – I just posted about virtue-signalling Democrats wearing black to the State of the Union, which apparently offends it.

Link.

30. Oh come on

She doesn’t win any laughs as she isn’t remotely funny, but anyway…

West Australian-born comedian Claire Hooper has won her fair share of laughs at her home state’s expense.

Take this quip from one of her shows at the Melbourne Comedy Festival:

“My travels have taken me to a glamorous place called Bunbury Regional Entertainment Centre,” she quipped.

“That’s right, Western Australia’s home of ignorance. And I know I can bag Bunbury because they won’t be watching this; they’re all out getting their children tattooed.”

If you are as shit at what you do as Claire Hooper is at comedy, it’s highly advisable not run down other people or places.

31. That stain remover is also a good way to disperse a rioting gang.
    Not suitable for home use or home invasions.

32. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I use antihistamines infrequently, Mitch, so have no concern there and never take anticholinergics.

In my more creative and distrait moments I suspect I wouldn’t pass a dementia test anyway.
    Diamonds in the toilet cistern again, Lizzie? enquires Hairy as I am searching frantically for them.

33. Oh come on

Mitch M, don’t come on here bellyaching about the topics of discussion others choose while crapping on about that boring shit.

34. 132andBush

The Moonies would need a new name.

You’re on fire, Ankles.

35. Stimpson J. Cat

We can’t blow up the moon for three very good reasons.

Rae

#2608180, posted on January 12, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Ooohh …. Aaaaahhhh …. Oooohhh … I’ve just come in my sock again.

He’s just got a ‘swollen foot’?

37. Oh come on

I generally don’t give a crap about what people choose to discuss on the OT, hence why it’s called the OT. Those who whinge over what people talk about on the OT are contributing something just as tedious as anything else that is regularly discussed. Such complaining is exactly the same stripe of windbaggery.

Get some damn perspective.

38. Geriatric Mayfly

As the land wouldn’t be worth a cracker, I have heard astronomical figures cited for the construction of these houses. All of it hearsay of course, and the work of indefatigable racist rumour mongers.

39. DrBeauGan

Oh come on
    #2608075, posted on January 12, 2018 at 2:31 pm
    I’ll never get that 5 mins back, Dr B.

Grumpy old grouch. I gave you the chance to find out what titubant means, too.

OCO – Give Mitch a break, he’s throwing stuff out like we all do. MedicalXpress is a great place for interesting stuff, as is Phys.org.

I myself use the chunder approach. You never know when a bit of carrot will hit paydirt.

41. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Geez, Cohenite, that’s sheer poetry. Just hit the ‘enter’ key a few times to separate out the key words, and you can buy yourself a velvet smoking jacket and apply for a government grant. The foppish jacket is a must if you live anywhere near Melbourne.

42. Mike of Marion

Cats and Cittehs

Eyse home after bronchosophy

– about a week for results

Enjoyed great care at FMC.

Now for some soup.

43. Empire GTHO Phase III

‘As of 1 March, Switzerland said “the practice of plunging live lobsters into boiling water, which is common in restaurants, is no longer permitted”. Lobsters “will now have to be stunned before they are put to death,” the government order read.

Simples. Tell the lobster it was traded for $4.99 /kg.

“$4.99? I’m stunned!”

“Good. Now get in the fucking pot.”

44. Rae

When we want your summaries or opinions Rae, we’ll ask for them.

And I would care, why?

45. Stimpson J. Cat

and somebody’s entire boring medical history.

It’s raising awareness Goddammit!
    Raising Awareness!!!

Good to hear that Mike.
    My medical event was being booted out of the RC blood bus today for being low in iron.
    Must return to my inner carnivore.

47. Stimpson J. Cat

China will grow potatoes on the dark side of the moon by the end of the year

Useless F$cking Paddys Cucked By Commie Ratf$ckers.
    What a Goddamned disgrace.

48. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
    2h2 hours ago
    Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!

Doesn’t like shitholes.

Enjoyed great care at FMC.
    Now for some soup.

Too much information is barely enough, Mike. I’m serious. Always tell us what’s going on.

50. 132andBush

Milo defends Bannon.

Shapiro and Klavan say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Milo, from 11:40

51. ASD?
    I was puzzled for a bit, thought you were talking about Atrial Septal Defect.
    Not the other ASD.

52. John Constantine

Yarragrad Nazgul announce they were right to ban gas exploration in Victoria, because there is none in the state anyway.

Except for a little bit that doesn’t matter.

Under no circumstances will the godless commos allow Gina to waste her own money drilling for the gas Stalin has decreed is Non-gas.

The left are Dickey’s. (Changed by spellcheck).

53. Oh come on

Bruce, I have no problem with people throwing stuff out. I have a problem when people complain that discussion topics in an OT are not to their taste, before embarking upon a topic of very limited interest for most. Consider:

Agreed. Too many fights and Facebook like accounts of “what I did today”. At present my interests are rather constrained but I have tried to introduced new topics. No luck. I’ll try again.

No, please don’t try. The fights and Facebooking are more interesting than copy/pastes of medical journals.

The fights and Facebooking is also more interesting than bellyaching about too much Facebooking and fights. It’s an OT. Get over it.

54. Mark from Melbourne

Eh, that’s a bit fulsome. Gab is ok, so is Tinta, and Nilk has been pretty good since I referred her to wivenhoe (small “w”) for tent folding advice. notafan is a bit too religious and calli tries too hard to be one of the blokes. Candy and P are perfect.

Always the kittehs, grigs.

I see balders isn’t about, so – notwithstanding recent importunings to ignore scum trolls like your good self – fuck off.

55. Questions: Does Veneztoria have any chance of avoiding descent into hell?
    Is it already there?

56. John Constantine

Nice gas discovery by beach petroleum in the Otway basin onshore this week.

Only a line on the map splits the south Aussie part from vicco part.

The yarragrad media is cheering ruinables for saving the State on the hot weekend, as forty percent ruinables at peak.

At what price, and what about the coal that had to underwrite it and what happens when they deindustrialise the State by full ruinables.

Comrades.

Regarding the junkie pondscum who killed the Falkholt family.
    He had a lifetime of drug abuse (which usually means not a lot of savings);
    He was on the DSP.
    He was driving a Toyota Prado (RRP around $75k).
    Hmmmm.

58. Delta A

Empire GTHO Phase III
    #2608232, posted on January 12, 2018 at 5:28 pm

Funniest post of the day, imo. 🙂
    Mind you, “Where’s dot?” “To the left of Slash” also had me laughing.

But Empire, by a smidge.

China will grow potatoes on the dark side of the moon by the end of the year

Paddies will grow pratties on the far side of the Sun by the end of the year.

THE NATION
    Driver in Boxing Day smash that killed four was serial offender

The Australian
    4:27PM January 12, 2018

The man responsible for a horror Boxing Day car crash on the NSW south coast which killed himself and the family of actress Jessica Falkholt was a “menace to society” who should have been in jail, according to a former policeman who dealt with the convicted criminal for nearly a decade.

The ex-NSW Police officer served in the Nowra region between 1996 and 2004 and says he wasn’t surprised when he learned Craig Whitall was driving the four- wheel drive that slammed into the Falkhots’ car on Boxing Day.

“I was shocked he was out on the streets, but not shocked he was involved (in the crash),” the former officer who wanted to be known only as Andrew told 2GB radio on Friday.

He was a repeat offender. He didn’t care about law. How he got his licence back I will never know. It astounded me that he was out on the road.”

Whitall, 50, was reportedly travelling home from a Nowra methadone clinic when he crashed into the Falkholt family’s car on December 26 near Ulladulla. Parents Lars and Vivien were killed instantly, while their two daughters, Annabelle, 21, and Home and Away actor Jessica, 29, were pulled from the burning vehicle. Whitall also died

From the Oz.

61. Baldrick

Good to see you’re in top form Mike 😸

1950s Joke Hour
    For all those Depends of the Seas movers

Q: What has broken legs & floats down the river?
    A: People who tell Sinatra jokes.

63. Mark from Melbourne

Thanks, balders. I think.

64. Stimpson J. Cat

Milo defends Bannon.

He is not da Queen.
    He does not kno da wey.

65. feelthebern

If we blew up the moon, wouldn’t women be on their “monthly” permanently ?

66. struth

This was in response to struth some days ago. He was involved in a march to Canberra, which was ignored by the media and achieved exactly nothing.

Not really getting your take on this.

I said the media did all the could to shut down the story of our convoy.
    I did not say it wasn’t a success.
    It was very much a success in many ways.
    We didn’t do it expecting to bring down the government.
    We, truth be known were doing it to show , during the Grim Gillard years, that the right will actually protest as well.
    They weren’t expecting it.
    The left went into melt down over it, because the don’t protest without being paid, and couldn’t believe “big oil” wasn’t paying us, and generally because they couldn’t believe we even existed let alone a protest coming from the four corners of Australia.
    It shocked them and the Labor party shit themselves and said stupid things they soon regretted in false bravado.

Our biggest win was showing the silent majority that there were others that thought like them.
    It was a peaceful demonstration.

I have to take a gulp and a breath when I remember the people in the country towns we went through and the other convoy-ers.
    Their reactions were something to behold.
    I actually admit to still getting a bit of a lump in the throat about it.

I reckon one day the silent majority are going to explode, and it’s not going to be pretty.

Australians just keep on taking it and taking it and taking it, until they don’t.
    And that’s why it’s imperative for our traitorous political elite to replace us with people who will not rise up.

Because when Australians do, you get the smartest, most practical, single minded of purpose, inventive and tough buggers god ever put breath into.
    God help their enemies.
    Are you listening you dead c…nts!
    Be warned , Malcom, and your traitorous scum.

67. Oh come on

Milo is a blowhard. So is Bannon. No surprise to see Milo going in to bat for him. The trouble with Milo’s claim that Bannon is some kind of political genius who is deeply maligned by the press is undermined by undeniable facts such as

– Bannon hitching his cart to Roy Moore

– Trump’s major political goals were kicked after Bannon was sacked

– (most critically) the fact that Bannon invited Wolff into the WH and spilled his guts to him. That alone suggests he is far from a political genius

Interesting that Milo seems to be breaking more with Trump to stick with Bannon. No more Daddy talk.

Fox News headlines just now:

President laments entry from ‘s—hole countries’ during Oval Office negotiations
    +1,000,000 votes.
    Pelosi mocks ‘white guys’ leading DACA talks, prompting Hoyer outrage
    -1,000,000 votes.
    ‘Wonder Woman’ star’s dress provokes outrage among Lebanese people
    Babe!
    Trump says FBI’s Strzok’s tweet constitutes ‘treasonous act’: report
    Maybe he should be sent to Guantanamo.
    Feinstein calls on Trump to close Gitmo amid legal challenge from 11 prisoners over ‘perpetual detention’
    Maybe she’s scared of being sent to Guantanamo…
    LGBTQ groups unusually silent after Chelsea Handler’s homophobic tweet to Lindsey Graham
    Lefty on lefty goodness.
    Trump administration eyes slashing funds to controversial UN Palestinian agency
    Sucked in Palis.
    Hero soldier warns ISIS holdouts to give up, get shot in the face or be beaten to death with shovels
    God bless CSM John Wayne Troxell, and blessings to his parents for his name!
    Pelosi: Companies’ tax cut bonuses for workers amount to ‘crumbs’
    Crumbs under the table lady. Look it up.

69. Question. What would happen if we blew up the moon?

IT, we’d lose a couple of trillion tons of He3 that’s been collecting for 3 billion years.

70. Mark from Melbourne

Jack the Insider from the $Oz. Gets it 100% right, I reckon.

Earlier this week, I joked on social media that Assange has become so used to confined spaces, it would be wrong not to lock him up again.

The truth is the Ecuadorians have grown tired of hosting Assange in their tiny Knightsbridge embassy. The man sometimes mocked as Cupboard Boy actually resides in a converted women’s toilet where he has a kitchenette, a treadmill, a bed and a desk.

It is not entirely dissimilar to a standard prison cell, albeit with internet access and while Assange and his rapidly dwindling coterie of supporters bleat about his incarceration there is no doubt it is entirely self-imposed.

In 2012, Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa facilitated and supported Assange’s application for asylum.

Correa, a Hugo Chavez ally and member of the Latin America ‘pink’ leftist movement, had engaged in a form of international attention seeking, a sort of geopolitical ‘look at me’ exercise.

Correa was incapable of understanding Assange’s detention within the embassy would lead necessarily to a sharper international focus of political conditions within his own country (his government had a dismal record in terms of media control and routinely locked up journalists that failed to push the government line), limit trade opportunities with foreign countries, especially with the US and lead to a diplomatic impasse with the UK.

In May last year Lenín Moreno became President of Ecuador. While Moreno is cut from the same ideological cloth as his predecessor, he does not share Correa’s enthusiasm for Assange.

This is where we are now. The Ecuadorians want Assange out. They won’t get to the point of actually pushing him out the front door. They are seeking a negotiated settlement that will spare them further embarrassment. So, the first step was to seek diplomatic immunity for Assange which would allow him to leave the UK and not face charges there (an outstanding warrant exists for his arrest in the UK for jumping bail) or anywhere else.

This was a farcical attempt and the British Foreign Office quite rightly rejected it. Yesterday, Assange tweeted a photo of himself in a Ecuadorean soccer jumper and shortly afterwards, the Ecuadorean foreign minister, María Espinosa, announced he had become a citizen of Ecuador. This creates a mild complication for the British authorities but does not prevent his arrest should he make his way out of the embassy.

In 2015, the London Met withdrew its patrols of the immediate area, citing manpower and resource issues. In all probability Assange would get a couple of blocks down the road before the inevitable crash tackle. More likely, should the stalemate continue, he will be surreptitiously taken into custody with the tacit approval of the Ecuadorians.

Assange is said to fear arrest by US authorities and often tweets darkly about the existence of secret warrants. Whether they exist or not is unclear but late last year the US Attorney-General, Jeff Sessions, said the arrest of Assange had become “a priority.”

Assange is a wanted man for publishing the Iraq War and Afghan War documents leaks and perhaps the most damaging, the US Diplomatic cable leak in 2010 of which the US says threatened its national security. Obviously the US won’t say what assets were put at risk but the blythe manner in which Wikileaks published that material without due analysis, editorial or curatorial oversight, was an extraordinarily dangerous and callous exercise.

Since that time, many of Wikileaks personnel have departed, concerned at Assange’s ‘my way or the highway’ style, which is said to verge on the megalomaniacal. You might say that he is now relatively harmless but he retains significant support from dark forces around the globe.

The Steele dossier on Trump and Russia basically described Wikileaks as a Kremlin asset. Bear in mind that document is not designed to be a dot point version of gospel truth. Intelligence dossiers rely on second hand information, gossip and speculative theories posed by others.

In the context of the DNC email dump, it might be just as likely that Assange could argue he acted out of malice towards Hillary Clinton and given his reported hatred of the Clintons, that would be entirely credible.

But in 2012 Assange appeared on Russia today (RT), a propaganda channel that essentially regurgitates Putin and the Kremlin’s world view. A year later Wikileaks tweeted it had received hacked material that would embarrass the Russian government. It quickly walked the tweet back claiming it would only be embarrassing to some Russian companies. In any event it came to nothing. No document dump, no leak, nothing.

In April 2017, CIA Director Mike Pompeo (a Trump appointee) said of Assange and his organisation “It is time to call it out for what it really is — a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia.”

While Assange has rejected the Russian doormat tag, it’s safe to say that if Assange isn’t a Kremlin asset, he’s doing a very good impersonation of one. His supporters from seven years ago have dropped off because what Assange and Wikileaks claimed to be back then — freedom fighters earnestly engaged in the business of throwing light on the world’s dark secrets — has been revealed to be a partisan exercise based on the whims of the organisation’s leader.

He is right to fear arrest by the US but given his circumstances over the last five years it can’t be imprisonment he fears. He has become accustomed to confined spaces. A prison cell would not cause a sudden surge of claustrophobia.

The real reason Assange refuses to leave the Ecuadorean embassy and face justice is not incarceration but the ignominy and ultimately the anonymity a prison sentence will bring. Assange, the narcissistic scofflaw who once was a human headline, can’t abide the thought of becoming a nobody.

And that is really all you need to know about Julian Assange.

1950s Joke Hour … continued

You’re not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.

72. struth

Australians are not the relaxed people the political elite tell them they are.
    They are angry, but see no way to retaliate at the arseholes causing Australia’s down fall.

It is in some ways quite practical.
    You only live once, so try to carry on having a good time if you can.
    Go fishing.
    Watch sport.

But get together with family or friends and watch where the talk eventually heads to, with many more feeling like we do then we believe.

The pent up anger at the government, the disbelief and joy of seeing their side of politics step forward meant a chance to help or cheer on was not lost.

We couldn’t stay in council grounds because of our politics, but we got to stay in much better thanks to private people.
    Nothing was a problem.
    People coming down to where we stopped with food and drinks and to have a chat, getting old showers up and working in old caravan parks.
    It’s very comforting to be nestled in Australian culture.
    The real culture, well, there’s nothing like it in the world.

1950s Joke Hour … continued

I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.

74. Geriatric Mayfly

Fury over Trump’s ‘s***hole’ slur
    Haiti’s ambassador demands formal explanation for Donald Trump’s crude remark as opprobrium is heaped on US President.

Ambassador Voodoo would be shocked no doubt, to enlarge and examine on Google Earth, the border line between his country and that of the Dominican Republic next door. The DR has considerable resources devoted to chasing the enviro-vandals across the border back into the shit hole of their own making. And God knows what might emerge if given half a chance from shit holes like Liberia, Central African Republic,
    Eastern Zaire et al.

If we blew up the moon, wouldn’t women be on their “monthly” permanently ?

Yuk yuk.

76. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Top Ender. I’ve finally read back thread.
    Want to say how much I have enjoyed your short commentaries on modern India.
    Keep those missives coming.
    I hope your bowels are surviving the trip but no need for intensive descriptions re toilets.
    We’ve all been to the Third World, done that.
    Unless you are in extremis with the Delhi belly; tell us then, so’s we can offer Cat advice.
    Which will be sufficiently contradictory to provide you with choice of options. 🙂

‘Your ancestors shouldn’t have enslaved the world’: Muslim activist Yassmin Abdel-Magied hits back at critics of diversity programs and claims they are a result of colonisation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5260761/Yassmin-Abdel-Magied-links-diversity-quotas-colonialism.html#ixzz53x9BavJx
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Suffering Christ, look whose opened her mouth again.

78. Delta A

I also like the free-ranging, rough and tumble of the Open Thread.

It amazes me that, at times, Cats can be rollicking in the most ridiculous twaddle, but then a serious post or news snippet comes along and suddenly, everyone is on board with informed, intelligent analysis of the situation.

Having said that, I value contributions by people like Mitch M, especially when they relate to my area of interest or, indeed, to my own situation.

79. max

Glyphosates – Roundup, to me.

Phatty Adams had an interesting bloke on this arvo, claiming that the widespread use of glyphosates was behind the rise in modern allergies and other health issues.

Claimed it was shaping up to be ‘bigger then tobacco’.

Good luck Mike of Marion.
    As Mater said, the freakin’ waiting is a bugger.
    We’ll do our best to distract you with cheap shots at mainland Tassie.

81. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Nothing was a problem.

Struth, those claiming the Convoy was a waste of time and got nowhere are dead wrong.
    Many people remember it as Australia’s finest hour. Word of mouth got around about it.
    Be proud of what you did there; you did make a difference.
    We need another one now, to dump the Paris agreement and return to coal-fired power.
    Before the country goes down the electrical gurgler.

82. Knuckle Dragger

FTB, 6.03:

Way, way back in the day I shared a house in Townsville with two young ladies. All of us were in our early 20s. A third young lady also spent most of her time on our (my) couch as well.

I was relating what I considered to be this extremely satisfactory turn of events to one of the elder statesmen at my cricket club. He said ‘You poor prick.’

I asked him why, and he said whenever two or more women live in the same place for any length of time, their menstrual cycles align with each other so it occurs for all of them at once.

I’d never heard of that before. Oh, how I laughed.

Three months later, I wasn’t laughing anymore. It was like descending into the pit of Hades for a week, or like walking across the border into Mordor. The temperature at home seemed to drop ten degrees in five minutes for no reason. A standard conversation went thus:

Me: ‘Good morn -‘
    Shapely 23 yo: ‘WHY IS THERE A FUCKING FORK IN THE SINK? HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I -‘
    Me: ‘Bye’.

Of course, I wanted to get into the pants of these ladies, either individually or in some fantastically unlikely multiple scenario so I just left. What I should have said was, of course, that they should kill their own spiders and mow the lawn before putting the bins out. Which naturally were boy jobs.

And I never struck gold with any of them. One of the great wastes of modern history.

Moral of the story: Never live with more than one woman at a time.

I will pass this wisdom onto my son at the appropriate moment.

83. Snoopy

Adams is a commo crank. Glyphosate is safe for frogs. Communism not so much.

84. Mater

You must have been asleep at the wheel when I took our own Mater to task over Ausgrid blaming ‘global warming’ for underground cable outages in the last OT.
    No one should be exempt from scrutiny.

Please egg! I never defended AusGrid blaming ‘global warming’ for cable outages.
    I tried to inject some realist understanding of the way electricity networks react to hot weather. Things sometimes break when they put under stress. It happens. You don’t have to over stress a car to have it breakdown. If it’s manmade, it can (and probably will) break at some point.
    You can disbelieve what I have explained, but it doesn’t change the reality of the situation. When we get 45 degrees here in Victoria, the same thing will happen here. It always does, despite all precautions.
    There are genuine issues with Australia’s energy policies, let’s not miss the real ones.

85. Oh come on

I value contributions by people like Mitch M

Non-hashtag me too. Although I don’t value his contributions where he takes himself and his interests too seriously.

86. struth

We didn’t put black sacks on the women.

If we colonised Australia, who did we enslave?
    Because if you call what we did to Aboriginals enslavement, we need our arses kicked.
    We work for them.

87. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Jack the Insider from the $Oz. Gets it 100% right, I reckon.

No he doesn’t. He’s a pompous fool who should be locked up in the Ecuadorian Embassy with Assange to get a taste of what it is really like. Yes, Assange is a main chancer and egotist, but he did a lot to shed some light on the Clinton Crime World and the swamp in general. Yes, he affected people’s lives and put some in danger via breaches of privacy and maybe treasonable leaks, but you have to look at the overall picture.

‘Jack’ has simply never earned his keep.

88. struth

We need another one now,

We need some sort of tax strike until we are pulled out of the U.N.and Paris, and until they stop importing terrorists and the third world.

89. Tintarella di Luna

they are a result of colonisation

So is Euroabia:

Europe is no longer Europe, it is Eurabia, a colony of Islam, where the Islamic invasion does not proceed only in a physical sense, but also in a mental and cultural sense.

90. Tintarella di Luna

Ask the people of the Balkans about colonisation by the Ottoman Empire. What an ignoramus is that orthodontists nightmare in a too-tight tea-towel

Your ancestors shouldn’t have enslaved the world’

Erm…Yassmin. Better check who the slave traders were/are before shooting off your big, foolish gob.

92. Oh come on

Australians are not the relaxed people the political elite tell them they are.

No, we aren’t – we have become a bunch of cucks, henpecked incessantly by the state, which we are in thrall to. There are far too many of us who soil themselves at the prospect of the local council checking recycling bins for general waste contamination. We’ll tolerate the most offensive imposts by the finger-wagging nannies.

93. Farmer Gez

ABC PM gave us a warning about the language Trump used referring to Shithole countries.
    Oh my my how awful is that man?
    High farce at our expense.

94. Knuckle Dragger

Zulu, earlier:

‘Enslaved the world’

How would the fat gawking bespectacled professional victim describe the Umayyad Caliphate, or the early and middle Ottoman Empires?

If only the Mongols and Crusaders had teamed up the Red Sea wouldn’t exist. It would be a titanic pile of Muslim skulls that pioneers could be collecting still, crushing and using for road construction.

95. 132andBush

Bloody hell!
    Has Yassy checked on the history of her own “religion”?

96. H B Bear

Yazzie is turning out to be a muzzy Germaine Greer. So long as she stays in the UK who cares?

NATIONAL BREAKING NEWS
    Cher to perform at Sydney Mardi Gras

Hannah Higgins
    Australian Associated Press
    11:10AM January 12, 2018

International superstar Cher will perform at Sydney’s 40th Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras in March, with thus confirming one of the city’s worst kept secrets.

The 71-year-old hinted she was coming Down Under in a cryptic emoji-laden tweet in December: “OK….. YOU BOYS KNOW WHERE I’LL (be) IN MARCH… #PutSomeShrimpOmTheBar(bie)”.

The NSW government on Friday announced Cher had been locked in as the star performer at the Mardi Gras Party on March 3, the annual parade’s 40th anniversary and the first since same-sex marriage was legalised in Australia in December.

While tickets to the 2018 Mardi Gras Party sold out last year, officials have announced more will be made available.

“Cher represents the same unapologetic and fearless freedom that makes the LGBTQI community so enduring and strong – positioning herself as a true gay icon,” Mardi Gras chief executive Terese Casu said in a statement.

From the Oz. I’m sure Cats can come up with suitable comments..

98. johanna

Pelosi: Companies’ tax cut bonuses for workers amount to ‘crumbs’

No doubt to a wealthy lifelong Beltway inhabitant on hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, an extra $50 in the weekly paypacket is indeed just ‘crumbs.’ Or a $1,000 Christmas bonus, for that matter.

Meh. A mere bagatelle.

Like most Democrats, Pelosi hasn’t got a clue about what life for working stiffs is like.

99. Knuckle Dragger

Snap, pretty much everyone.

Where’s MY slave, btw?

100. Baldrick

Classic Grig O’Rae Revisited (Summer Edition)

Grigory M
    #1182284, posted on February 8, 2014 at 6:12 pm
    Interesting reading back through those old Open Forums and seeing again the comments from a few people who are no longer around. Eg. Popular Front, Lucie, Septimus. I did enjoy Septic’s food, wine and music contributions and had more than a few chuckles

101. Nick

Your ancestors shouldn’t have enslaved the world’

She’d prefer living in an African utopia ? Strange her family moved here, ‘invaders’ and all.
    As to her comments about convicts, better convicts than apes.

102. Empire GTHO Phase III

POTUS45 should cut a deal with Assange.

Assange possesses information that might prove useful to DJT if it were exposed in public testimony. If Assange stands trial in the US, the ODNI would attempt to supress public testimony and would succeed with selected evidence. That gives Trump cover for a pardon (there’s stuff I know that you don’t) and he also may have influence over declassification of the sealed testimony in the future.

Julian’s options are limited. He might as well shoot for the moon and accept he might fry on Earth in the process. It’s the rocket or the chair, son.

103. Oh come on

Cher is representing the trans community?

104. Farmer Gez

The ABC also reported that Anderson Cooper didn’t like Trump’s alleged comments.
    “Dog bites man”.

105. 132andBush

Snap, pretty much everyone.

Where’s MY slave, btw?

Ditto

106. johanna

Gawd, is Princess Lizzie here moaning about her trivial ailments again? She and JC should get a room.

MoM – best wishes. The waiting is not fun. 🙁

107. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Good to hear that Mike.

Yes, glad they took care of you, Mike. Not a pleasant procedure; enjoy the soup now though.

My medical event today is sitting here with an ice pak on my eyes trying to read the Cat.
    Transmission is thus intermittent.

108. Snoopy

‘Jack’ has simply never earned his keep.

Jack’s a dullard. I’d love to buy him at my price and sell him at his own.

109. Knuckle Dragger

I was hoping the USS Missouri would have launched a broadside while Cher was straddling one of its forward turret barrels while surrounded by a herd of mincing male ‘dancers’ wearing excessive amounts of foundation.

Once again, I am sorely disappointed.

Ok OCO here’s mine. 😀

Went out for a treadly ride lunchtime, or tried to. My front stairs, it turned out, were occupied.
    So I had to feed the heron first.

Two excellent reports on NBN Nine local news today:

HOT, DRY CONDITIONS AFFECTING NATIVE ANIMALS

The couple with a whole wall of joeys are fun.

EXTREME HEAT PROVES TOO MUCH FOR ANIMALS

Distressing the little egret chicks are dying in large numbers. All I can say is my white-faced herons are OK. Beef mince seems to do well by them.

/spacechook

“Popular Front”, Vs “Numbers Bob”, on the subject of the Viet Nam war at ten paces, was usually good for a laugh..

112. notafan

Yammie conveniently omitted the history of her Arab ancestors, lucky for her, the west has been far more diligent about recording her history so no doubt her idiot followers with be head bobbling like crazy.

She forgets that not only is ‘good kind’ islamic slavery halal in Islam but practically obligatory, when the opportunity presents, given the example of the perfect man.

1400 years of arab slave traders and Islamic invasions history just got blackwashed.

113. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

her trivial ailments

Hah. It’s blind I am, great swollen reams of flesh around my eyes and my ice pak in need of re-freezing. Youse should all be nice to the blind. Get me a trained dog. Attapuss is useless; only leads me to his bowl, yowling. I pour 100% grain free kibbles over him and tell him to get on with it. Best I can do. 🙂

114. struth

Other Australians are looking at you and me, and thinking exactly the same thing.

Australians need to see there is a win and they won’t be singled out, that there are others willing to stand up and they get stuck in.
    Everyone is looking at each other and shaking their heads at the cucks they see before them.

Of course half of Australia is filled with bludgers in high viz or on Ice, lefties and people so fucked up there is no hope.

But until we understand that they are like “moderate Muslims”,……… they don’t exist as a political enemy.

They won’t fight.

What those Australians I am talking about are up against, is a far smaller population of radicals in our institutions that are the true enemy, than their numbers.

Those couple of thousand ABC hacks are the enemy, and many in the public service and education etc.
    The irrelevant lazy Australian, the compliant, don’t exist as a problem to winning the country back.

115. Rae

Cher is representing the trans community?

Well spotted. Her daughter, Chastity, is transgender and now known as Chaz. Has been so for quite a few years.

116. Snoopy

Woman admits creating list of “shitty men”? Brave! Hero(ine)!

An anonymous source claims Trump called shithole nations “shithole countries”? Inappropriate! Shocking! Racist!

117. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

“Popular Front”

He had a great avatar too: a roaring motorcycle. Gave the Cat some grunt.

118. struth

Your ancestors shouldn’t have enslaved the world’

Didn’t she just tell me my ancestors were convicts?
    I wish she’d make up her mind.

119. Baldrick

I wonder if she’ll sing Half Breed for the Indigenous float?

120. testpattern

‘The Cat was more interesting a few years ago’

I doubt it. You lot can’t even sustain an economics debate for more than a few seconds. I’ll give you a second chance –

testpattern
    #2608143, posted on January 12, 2018 at 3:49 pm

The Commonwealth is abandoning a long held responsibility

‘The Federal Coalition Government of Malcolm Turnbull has turned its back on the National Partnership Agreement on Remote Housing (NPARH) – leaving Western Australia, South Australia and Queensland facing a funding shortfall totalling hundreds of millions of dollars….

Any decision to cut funding by the Turnbull government will contribute to an increase in chronic disease, and inevitably lead to poorer health outcomes, more indigenous deaths and widening of the gap between the general community and indigenous communities.’

121. struth

I think cold case should have another look at Sonny’s death.
    It’s looking more like suicide, every time Cher opens her mouth.
    Where is she flying in from as I take it she left the country when Trump got elected as she said she would?

122. Snoopy

Turnbull isn’t cutting funding. The agreement is expiring.

Public health voodoo at its most shameless.

123. Siltstone

Struth at 6:04 pm

I well remember your convoy and congratulate you on its success. The totalitarian impulse of the current “establishment” is to try to create an all-pervading sense that contrarians are alone, mad, bad and isolated. The only thing that scares them is the thought that their opposition might become organised.

124. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

My dad used to use his tea mug to measure out his Round Up. He’d then use it again for his tea.
    Never seemed to harm him. He let his best dog use the mug too. That dog loved tea with milk.
    The dog died of old age. Dad didn’t. Accidental death.

125. Makka

There is a member on MrsM’s side of the family that has made this work his business since the 90’s. I’ve had cause to be involved from time to time helping out both on site and suppliers etc. Srsly, you would cry if you saw what the indig could do to a 4 bedder inside a week let alone in a few months. Like maintaining the Bridge- It.Just.never.ends.

Oh come on
    #2608181, posted on January 12, 2018 at 4:32 pm

DT is probably having too much fun to change just now.

127. Makka

One advantage of Twitter being the sewer that it is, is that it allows for the easy identification of fkwits and leftist greenslime to be public with their braindead utterances. Nothing like exposing your enemy so he/she is in full view.

128. testpattern

The Fin Review finally catches up with TP and reproduces a book review I linked to last year

‘How the Quran is misused by Islamic militants’

‘Had Wills consulted recent academic work on conversion in early Islam, he would have learned that there is a lively debate about whether or not Muhammad believed he was founding a separate religious community, or merely initiating a monotheistic reform movement that would include J… and Christians. If Muhammad was not creating a separate community, then the whole notion of “conversion” is an anachronism, reflecting later Muslim views and not the views of the Prophet.’

129. Makka

There is no empirical evidence that Muhammad even existed. None.

130. testpattern

‘you would cry if you saw what the indig could do to a 4 bedder’

Intelligent economics discussion, not a hint of racism

Ben Wyatt MLA

@benwyatt
    5h5 hours ago

‘And this is the key point from these tweets from @shelterwa – the Commonwealth abandoning a long held responsibility. Announced without much comment but will have an enormous impact on regional WA’

Ask the people of the Balkans about colonisation by the Ottoman Empire.

Bulgarians not happy.

Furious protesters BURN EU flags in chaos across Sofia after Juncker visits Bulgaria

Protests kicked off in Sofia last night – the same day Bulgaria took over its first Presidency of the European Council from January 2018 until June 2018.

EU commissioners were in the city as Bulgaria begins its presidency – and guests at the opening ceremony of the presidency in Sofia, including European Parliament President Antonio Tajani, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and the Council head Donald Tusk.

The Sofia Globe reports 11 protests were held across the city last night.

Former president Rossen Plevneliev said: “These protests are not a symbol of future political action, but they are telling us something important – the whole political elite has not done its job over the years.”

“Issues that were meant to be solved have not, and I’m pleased to hear that Bulgarians are fighting back against an expansionist and fanatic Union.

“I and many other Bulgarians living in Britain hope that, one day, we will see a Bulgarian exit from the EU to join the UK in an exciting new, independent future.

The new Ottoman Caliph is just over the border and the EU wants Bulgars to be good SJWs…

132. 132andBush

The reason there’s so many “allergies” is kids not allowed to get dirt under their fingernails or play in the mud, usually by helicopter clean freak parents.

If there’s a push developing to ban glyph then they’d better realize the alternative (conventional cultivation) is a lot less friendly to our land.
    Already murmurings re paraquat ban. That’s the two biggest guns along with ester and metsulfuron as close seconds for summer weed control.

What’s the best stain remover for that?

link

Grigs remover?

134. Makka

@benwyatt
    5h5 hours ago

Cry me a fkn river.

What they should do is charge them rent and make them pay for damages out of their grog money.

135. woolfe

yammie is saying she is from sudan, not sure but i think their claim to fame was being slaves not slavers. And looking at the internet a lot are still.

136. Oh come on

StackMak: maybe. On the one hand, it’s a pleasure to see Twitter Inc scum griping about how they hate to host Trump, yet they know he’s more powerful than they are and he could do their business all sorts of damage if they started getting cute with his account, and so they don’t dare mess with him…that’s great.

On the other hand, I’d love to see him wipe billions off Twitter’s market cap just by jumping ship.

137. Farmer Gez

Show pony Billie Jean King is at it again, bagging Margaret Court for her personal beliefs and trying to obliterate Court’s name and record, which is better than King’s and always will be.
    It must annoy King that the best woman US tennis in history is Helen Wills Moody. A shy and highly intellectual woman, whose methodical style wore her opponents out (Borg).
    Her demeanour never changed on court and she became unpopular with American fans for her unemotional performances.
    Sheer class as a woman and as a tennis player.
    Some of our older Cats may have seen her play. She retired in 1938.😀

138. Howard Hill

Australians are not the relaxed people the political elite tell them they are.

Yep!

First words out of anyone’s mouths I talk to is “The Government needs to do something”

Australians have become the leaders of the Freeshit Army and wait for someone else to do their dirty work for them.
    They’ll be wailing right up to the point they’re all standing by a trench with their hands tied and then loudly proclaim “We should have voted for the other guy”.

139. Knuckle Dragger

Makka,

Damn straight. My view is simple – if you are given a free house, at the very least make an attempt to keep it somewhat clean. Not operating theatre clean but survivable to humans. If you can’t, you have it taken off you, then you are shipped to the nearest capital city and subject to numerous courses such as ‘This Is A Broom’ and ‘Camp Fires Are For Outside’.

Seeing kids forced to sleep next to dead camp dogs (sorry, ‘Eeeh, they my hunting dogs!’) on donated couches surrounded by broken glass, empty goon bags and Uncle Jimmy’s shit on the floor (because he won’t use a toilet because it’s white – yes, really) sort of erodes your natural sympathy.

When the joint’s sufficiently buggered to the point where wasps won’t build nests in the half burnt walls they then demand – not ask, demand – another new one. Breathtaking.

Struth nailed it. We didn’t enslave them, it’s the other way around.

1950s Joke Hour … continued

I’ve got seven kids. The three words you hear most around my house are ‘hello,’ ‘goodbye,’ and ‘I’m pregnant.’

On the Cher gig – why an ageing diva? She must be pushing seventy. I wonder what the average age is for the participants and if, like the rest of Australia, the gay population is ageing at the same rate. Replenishments from overseas are culturally gay averse, so no top ups there.

Perhaps that is behind the desperate need to push the recruitment barrow in schools.

Relative of mine had a contract to build houses in an outback community in South Australia. He photographed all the houses before handover – useful ammunition when they were trashed, and the complaint was “How do you expect people to live like that?”

143. Knuckle Dragger

‘Not a hint of racism’

By that rationale, if the Government doesn’t allow me to pick wherever I want to in the country, regardless of location, build me a new house there as well as services such as medical clinics nearby, new vehicles to get me to and from there and to get a free new house whenever I wreck the old one, then the Government is racist because I happen to be white.

Free Stuff Now! Free Stuff Now!

This might be the time for some people to realise that the golden goose isn’t going to fly over every fortnight and they need to look after their own stuff before they get anything else. You know, much like children.

I’ll give you a second chance

Maybe you could respond to my comment then TP.

But while you think about it TP it amuses me to apply squirrels. The last half hour has been fun. Crazy actually. The dry weather is making the birds more desperate so I’ve just now hand fed: a cockatoo, a rainbow lorikeet, a peewee (on my hand), some mapgies, a kookaburra (also on my hand), several noisy miners, a pair of koels, several pied butcherbirds and a grey butcherbird. Notable this last week I’ve had three or four grey butcherbird chicks, three magpie chicks and a young kooka all learning the rules. It’s been fun.

145. Baldrick

Grig O’Rae Revisited (Gourmet Traveller)

Grigory M
    #2177658, posted on October 19, 2016 at 11:16 pm
    No misunderstandings here – the wife of Grigory M and her husband are just 5 weeks away from a three week break which includes a cruise on Ovation of the Seas. Their exercise regimen has been increased in anticipation of the food to be enjoyed at every one of the ship’s dining venues.
    ____
    Grigory M
    #2177676, posted on October 19, 2016 at 11:36 pm
    This will be cruise number 15. We have the on board dining and exercise routines well honed.

Oops, forgot three or four currawongs too…

147. Snoopy

Ease up. It’s not easy to find time to clean house when you’re working two jobs just to make ends meet.

148. John Constantine

Glyphosate is actually responsible for many of the world’s ills.

By enabling industrial agriculture to feed billions of lefty idiots from the work of a few, the whole hitchhikers guide to the galaxy B Ark Class has developed to suicide the industrial agriculture societies through leftism.

Glyphosate must go, so we can year zero their ABC out to the paddy fields as slave labor, or fertiliser, whichever is most required by the State.

Comrades.

149. testpattern

This is why probably why Catallaxy has deteriorated. Look no further. You guys can’t focus nor sustain a true economic debate.

We have the on board dining and exercise routines well honed.

In bed by ten with a Bonox?

Says the master baiting sock.

152. Oh come on

Cue another tedious missive from Roebourne.

153. Baldrick

Their exercise regimen has been increased in anticipation of the food …

Matching track suits, à la Kath and Kel.

154. Mitch M.

That was happening over 50 years ago. That it is still happens is amazing. From child development, service delivery, and employment perspectives remote communities is an incredibly stupid idea. We are never going to fix the aboriginal problem. The vast majority of their problems are personal behavior issues. They’re done. Each aborigine should forget this identity politics nonsense and find their own way in life. That is what most people do, I don’t see people running around proclaiming the virtues of their ancestral heritage. Quite the opposite, we tend to laugh at the ways of our ancestors but too many dumbassed Leftists have encourage aborigines to celebrate their ancestral heritage.

How can most Australians celebrate their ancestral heritage when they have mixed heritages? By that logic I should be living on potatoes and Guinness and on the other side I should making regular raping and pillaging expeditions into Britain.

Aboriginal politics is completely dominated by Identity Polities. That is about to change because in the USA identity politics is being dismantled by the Left but it will take at least a decade for that to filter through to aboriginal issues.

155. EvilElvis

I’m torn on how to reply to this OCO, it’s my general area. Bunbury is shit, but Claire is shit also. She’s just left the humour out of observational humour and purely just made a true statement..

156. Makka

There are always economic revelations at Catallaxy. Let’s focus on the $48,000 per year per head it costs taxpayers to support one aboriginal. From your comments testicles , it can be gleaned that your family alone costs taxpayers well north of $200k per year. Waste of taxpayer money is always a legit economic debate point.

157. Farmer Gez

Gay and bisexual men will be given free hepatitis A vaccinations.
    Mostly destitute and homeless I suppose.

158. EvilElvis

Hey TP, how about personal responsibility in your culture at some point? That’s right, they don’t go together. Three concrete walls and a tin roof, one roller door, all cyclone rated. That’s all your people need, that’s all your people reduce western style homes too, or worse. What about the poor junkie or deadbeat halfcastes that are urbanised but still contribute tax to this shit? Won’t someone think of the top deck children?…

159. 132andBush

Leaves to become currency in the new red green utopia.

‘How the Quran is misused by Islamic militants’

Once you debate the minutiae of islam you have lost because the meaning of the koran is what its most powerful exponent wants it to be. Islam is the literal word of God to its adherents so whatever interpretation is prevailing at any one time must be perfect. You can’t argue with that. Or change it.

The quislings of the West who believe in a muslim epiphany are especially egregious; their tools of trade are pernicious; one of them is equivalence:

The militants of al-Qaida and the Islamic State group proclaim their allegiance to this fundamental text of their religion with the same fervour and ignorance as the Christian Crusaders did when they quoted the Bible.

In a work of rare courage and humility, Garry Wills has brought the horrors of the Crusades into confrontation with the horrors of the Islamic State, in full recognition that Christian and Muslim warriors are alike in their deliberate repudiation of the basic tenets of the religions they profess.

Christianity is profoundly different from islam not least and primarily because it fits into a secular Western social form. Islam will never recognise the dominance of secular law.

161. Infidel Tiger

Why should you? If people are giving it away it is obviously of no value and can be treated as such.

162. Siltstone

60,000 years of living under a bit bark and having no sanitation. Idyllic. Canberra should fund that.

163. overburdened

meanwhile the majority of normal people are still sick of homos, tax vacuums, politicians, Victoria, women in general and some in paticular, virtue signallers, PC and the bullshit that passes for news.

164. Makka

The people giving it away didn’t pay for it. Taxpayers footed the bill. Of course it has value. Are you on drugs?

165. Oh come on

I’m not torn. Hey, how funny is this, guys? Some bogans live in Bunbury. Ha ha ha. So fucking what? Claire Hooper is a shit comedian performing in Bunbury or at the Sydney Opera House.

She reminds me of that woman in Good News Week who quite literally never said anything funny. What was her name again? Julie McCrossin. She would speak as though the next thing she was going to say was something hilariously funny and you’d wait and wait and wait for the punchline…and finally someone else would jump in with something and she’d act as though it was she who cracked the funny. She got away with that shit for years!

166. Rae

Todays house cleaning work has resulted in some damage under my fingernails. So, anyone who intends to put Selleys Mould Destroyer to a similar use, be warned, it will make any cuts you have sting like crazy.

But J3ws & Christians rejected Mohammed as a sectarian heretic.

Mohammed subsequently took up arms against them, saying he would expel them from the Arabian peninsula.

Not much ambiguity there, although you can rely on an academic to invent some.

168. Oh come on

That’s shit trolling, Grigs.

Baldrick
    #2608371, posted on January 12, 2018 at 7:59 pm

Now that made me laugh. 😄

170. EvilElvis

I think it’s just a female comedian thing OCO, not funny, tax funded. They should have a gig on the ABC. Oh, wait…

171. Mitch M.

In Africa a charity decided to give out free bicycles. To their dismay they found many abandoned bicycles. So they charged a nominal fee. Problem solved.

Reductio ad absurdum, I get it.

But how about because you’ve signed a contract promising to do so?

‘How the Quran is misused by Islamic militants’

LOL.

First it is in the AFR which is Fairfax leftyland.
    Second Prof. Wills is a lefty.
    Thirdly Prof. Bowersock appears to be an Arabist. I’ve read Gibbon front to back and what he says about ch. 50 is not what I recall. The bit where he says

The Quran is a marvel of early literary Arabic.

is laughable when compared with Gibbon’s description of how it was written on the shoulderblade bones of animals and stored in a big trunk until they got around to compiling it.

Fourthly there’s this:

Hugh Fitzgerald: Garry Wills, Qur’anic Scholar (28 Dec)

Garry Wills’s What the Qur’an Meant and Why It Matters begins with a statement of his certainties. He knows that students of the Qur’an, like himself, “must deal with militant misuses of it” and “blatantly distorted reports of what it says.” Garry Wills knows better. For if the militants understood the Qur’an correctly, then they would comprehend the peaceful nature of Islam, and give up terrorism. And if Islamophobes would cease to offer their “blatantly distorted reports of what it says,” non-Muslims could see all the good to be found in the Qur’an. Both Muslims and non-Muslims could then come to agree with that formidable scholar of Islam, Pope Francis, who has written “Authentic Islam and the proper reading of the Koran are opposed to every form of violence.” That “proper reading” of the Qur’an is what Wills takes as his main task in this book.

But before he gets to that proper reading, he offers what is the least inaccurate, and most amusing, part of his book, which has nothing to do with the Qur’an but is, rather, his scathing description of those who led us into the Iraq War, and the chrestomathy he presents of naive, ignorant, and arrogant statements that American officials, from President George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld on down, made about that colossal error.

Now I happen to agree that W’s invasion of Iraq was stupid, but not for the reasons Prof. Wills thinks it was stupid.

Once Wills turned his attention from Iraq to the Qur’an, I felt the first stirrings of alarm. For he begins by describing his surprise at not finding any mention in the Qur’an of the 72 virgins. He says the virgins are not in the Qur’an but only, he discovered, in some “discredited ahadith.” And thus, he continues, those 9/11 terrorists “were quite ignorant of Islamic teachings.” This does not follow. The 9/11 terrorists might have been wrong about the 72 virgins (though the textual support for them is not as flimsy as Wills believes), but that hardly makes them “quite ignorant of Islamic teachings.”

An awful lot of jihadi kiddies will be extremely disappointed if the 72 virgins aren’t awaiting them.

“What did the scripture of Islam tell me about the duty to kill infidels? Some people are sure it is there, though it isn’t.’

This is an extraordinary statement.

There are 109 verses calling for violent jihad, commanding Muslims to fight — and ordinarily you can’t fight without killing — the Infidel enemy.

Even I have seen the verses on killing and enslaving infidels.

But I won’t fisk the rest TP, I’ll leave you to read Mr. Fitzgerald’s analysis.

174. Mater

In Australia, the Medicare system was being abused. So they tried to charge a nominal fee. Didn’t fly!

To be fair, a nominal fee is already charged via the levy, which may give people a sense of entitlement.

Just sayin’.

Fuck, that was depressing.
    “Can you pay $7 to go to the Doctor, please? No not you pensioners … or you unemployed … and not you with a chronic illness either. Just you lot with a good job.”
    OUTRAGE!!!

177. Rae

There are always economic revelations at Catallaxy.

Not always, but certainly occasionally. For instance, the naievete of someone’s suggestion that a $750,000 grant plus a $900,000 loan to set up production of Violet Crumble Bars in SA rather than Vic equated to an up front subsidy of $55,000 per person.

Seriously.

178. Rae

In Australia, the Medicare system was being abused.

That was contended by some people. But non-one actually produced any evidence to support the contention.

To be fair, a nominal fee is already charged via the levy

Which Turnbull increased by another quarter.
    After Swan increased it by a third.
    I don’t forget such abuses of my sensibility.

That was the thrust of a proposal around Laverton, in the mid 1970’s. Three walls to keep out the prevailing winds, a roller door to prevent claustrophobia, a barbeque style pit for communal cooking, and a hand operated washing machine, made from a 44 gallon drum. Total cost was a quarter of “Whitefella “housing, which was easily wrecked. The locals thought it was a great idea, but it was vetoed in Perth – you couldn’t expect people to live in such primitive conditions….”whitefella” style housing just went on getting wrecked…

181. Baldrick

Economic naievete:

Grigory M
    #2081307, posted on July 5, 2016 at 1:28 pm

A local bridge club received $50K. Your taxes at work.

No taxes at work. It was a NSW Government grant

The capacity factor is one of the main reasons wind and solar are useless: the cp is the actual power produced expressed as a % of the installed capacity and averaged over a year. The installed capacity is the power the installation would produce if it were operating at it’s maximum 24/7. Here is the cp of all Victorian wind just before Hazelwood closed.

Here is Hazelwood.

Seriously people who advocate renewables should be locked up.

Economic naievete:

Grigory M
    #2081307, posted on July 5, 2016 at 1:28 pm

A local bridge club received $50K. Your taxes at work. No taxes at work. It was a NSW Government grant

As ever, I admire your work, Baldrick.

184. Siltstone

As ever, I admire your work, Baldrick.
    me too

Of course, alluding to the cleaning of human flesh from beneath the fingernails/floorboards, et al.

Selleys of the Lambs?

186. Mark from Melbourne

‘Jack’ has simply never earned his keep.

True. But in this one – isolated – case, he is right.

Assange is a traitorous narcissist whose major fear is Relevance Deprivation Syndrome. In a just world, he would already have been deprived of all relevance.

187. Rae

No, but it’s fascinating that you would think so.

Fascinating.

188. Boambee John

testpattern
    #2608367, posted on January 12, 2018 at 7:56 pm
    This is why probably why Catallaxy has deteriorated.

Don’t feel obliged to stay.

189. Rockdoctor

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha

#2608413, posted on January 12, 2018 at 8:56 pm

Witnessed a relative who was an ex construction engineer tell my dad the same story a couple of decades back. Said the whole thing metal & block with a small gap between top of block walls & roof to let out smoke, nothing could be stripped to be burnt a la Taree style old houses bordering pacific Hwy in 70’s & ’80’s. Said the design popular among the tribes considered racist by do gooders & not allowed.

190. Makka

25 years a parasite. It’s our fault Africans are predators;

Young African-Australians turn to crime for the same reasons as other youths, but their troubles are compounded by the colour of their skin, an expert says.

Melbourne community law leader Anthony Kelly believes country-of-origin issues are irrelevant when discussing African youth crime in Victoria.

Mr Kelly has spent more than 25 years working in human rights advocacy, community development and law, linked to the city’s African community.

A minuscule number of young people come from war-torn countries so crime in African communities stems from factors endemic to Australia, he said.

These include unemployment, interrupted education, socio-economic disadvantage, difficulty at home and a lack of ‘belonging’

191. Empire GTHO Phase III

But how about because you’ve signed a contract promising to do so?

Where’s the consideration?

Any agreement is unenforceable because “cultural differences” and one party has no skin in the game.

IT is correct. There is no incentive to protect and maintain the dwelling under these terms. It’s a dud deal that can only end in tears for all.

Hypothetically, if the ATO made a data entry error and refunded your super fund an extra $4,723.45 that is now my money … right?
    It is a grant.
    Questions of entitlement don’t come into it, according to Grigs first law.

As ever, I admire your work, Baldrick.
    me too

Forensic and indefatigable.

An adornment to the Cat.

The practice was pulling up the floorboards for firewood, and stripping the fittings out of the stove to use as an ordinary wood stove.

So indigenous folk were great custodians of the land but houses not so much?

If the authorities let them off the hook because of such considerations it only perpetuates the problem, leaving the mug PAYE tax payer to foot the bill.

196. Mitch M.

Gets worse. Paramedic told me about a call out he received: teenager girl had a scratch! Examples like that are why they keep running those ads about who should go to emergency wards. We are so screwed.

Too many people run off to the doctors, demand check ups for this and that. Strange thing is that there is still a question mark over whether or not so many medical tests are preventative. Doesn’t worry me, I’m one of the few remaining old bastards who won’t go to a doctor unless he is on his hands and knees.

197. Makka

Ripping off the doors for the outdoor dining furniture and stripping out the fly screens for the fish traps and crab pots.

If problems are “endemic to Australia” feel free to fuck right off.
    Interrupted education = wagging school to rob 7/11s
    Difficulty at home = my parents are also no-hoper Africans.
    Socio-economic disadvantage = the dole plus 7/11 robberies just won’t support my drug habit.
    Unemployment = I am lazy.

199. Empire GTHO Phase III

She’s right. We should be focusing on culture-of-origin. She should be asking why some Africans and Arabs seem to do well in Australia and others dismally fail to prosper.

200. rickw

Knew of an aid worker that insisted on recipients turning up with bundles of grass.

The grass was worthless, but the principal was no food without work.

201. Tintarella di Luna

Are these references to Groote Eylandt circa 1977? Or more recently?

202. rickw

Why are all the Africans and Muslims in Melbourne and Sydney and not Canberra?

The idiots in Canberra are the ones that want them but don’t have to live with them.

Every immigrant should be forced to live in Canberra for 10 years upon arrival, would solve a vast number of issues in one swoop.

203. Stimpson J. Cat

the wife of Grigory M and her husband

Someone translate this cuckspeak I see before me.

Are these references to Groote Eylandt circa 1977? Or more recently?

Laverton and surrounding communities, Western Australia mid 1970’s, but it wasn’t that long ago where IIRC, a child was electrocuted – parents wanted to listen to music outside, so were chopping a hole in the wall to run an extension cord…

I know a paramedic who works the “fat ‘n tat” territory which Mayfly reports on here.
    Two themes … firstly, there is the repeat calls to the same address and the instant request for pain relievers or “the whistle” inhaler. Secondly, they are often just looking for a taxi downtown. A naive ambo takes them to casualty and next thing they are all better.

206. rickw

Clearly trying to out “islamic bitch” Linda Sarsour.

207. Snoopy

Melbourne community law leader

LOL. He’s a leader of the Melbourne community law community?

208. Makka

Are these references to Groote Eylandt circa 1977?

Good guess Tinta, also Mornington Is.

209. Empire GTHO Phase III

So indigenous folk were great custodians of the land but houses not so much?

When The Persian Dwarf is sworn in as Minister for Truth, archeologists will discover a never imagined trove of built environment and architectural brilliance, stretching from Gabo Island to North West Cape.

Obviously. This is the current state.

210. Tintarella di Luna

The Commonwealth is abandoning a long held responsibility

Anyone remember SIHIP? the housing program the Rudd government dreamed up — over $600 million

After two and a half years, the government’s $672 million Strategic Indigenous Housing and Infrastructure Program (SIHIP) has built only 11 of a planned 750 houses, and further funds will be required for the project to retain its 2013 target completion date.

There was a Natasha Robinson article published on 22.5.2010 in the Australian with the title: Push for indigenous housing Scheme Rescue but I can’t find it but I did find this published in July 2010 by Natasha Robinson – Taking Control of Indigenous Housing Scheme.

I think towards the end they’d built less than 100 houses for over $670 million.

211. Tintarella di Luna

Are these references to Groote Eylandt circa 1977?

Good guess Tinta, also Mornington Is.

I spent some time on Groote Eylandt in 1977 — the houses were quite new and built above ground butfrom what I could see there were dogs living in the houses while the people lived underneath. A lot has changed since Mabo but no progress for our indigenous brothers and sisters thanks to the leeches that leach the hope and prosperity out of everything

212. Tintarella di Luna

Where did the money go?

If I told you it went on meetings – mostly on FI/FO bureaucrats – a bit like the NDIS actually – where ever there is a human need there is the slimeocracy there to suck out all the hope

213. Rae

Doggie style? For a prostate examination? Unusual. You don’t object?

The usual way is for the doc to get you to lie on your side with your knees drawn up.

But I do know of an oncologist who prefers his patients to lie on their back with their knees up and apart. He says he gets a better feel of the prostate doing a DRE that way.

214. W Hogg

Question. What would happen if we blew up the moon?

Most important is its role in stabilising the earth’s tilt. Without the moon, the tilt could become chaotic and eventually see the earth on its side. That would be bad for both hemispheres.

215. Rockdoctor

Tinta saw the same as a child when transiting Pacific Hwy between Brisbane & Sydney annually as we spent Christmas with extended family. I was old enough to be cognisant something didn’t look right at these places & asked about. My dad who had driven trucks all over the country educated his son as much without going over the top. We have some relatives who have ATSI blood, they don’t identify or want the benefits.

216. W Hogg

Presumably then it served its intended role as a funding vehicle for the CFMEU, PLUS built a few houses. What’s not to life?

Any West Australian Cats remember the Third World shithole, that dear old “Poppy” Bropho – the “big man” of that community – made of the Swan Valley Noongar Community?

Nothing that couldn’t be fixed by a Tilt Tax or an Oscillation Trading Scheme.

219. classical_hero

That Wills book is based on lies of omission. The Bible says that evil people withhold the truth in lies. Hardly surprising that he would stoop that low.

Doggie style?

#pottymouth

221. Infidel Tiger

That feral yank lezzo BJK is interfering in our country again.

If Dutton was doing his damn job she would be denied a visa.

222. Zatara

Ecuador Grants Citizenship To Julian Assange, Who Lives In London Embassy

Failed Senate candidate Assange settles for Senor.

Clue as to why:

“Earlier this week, Ecuador said the situation was unsustainable and requested diplomatic status for Assange in hopes of springing him,”

The Moon would likely re-accrete.

224. urb

Rae
    #2608457, posted on January 12, 2018 at 9:49 pm

fair effort

225. Rae

Doggie style?

#pottymouth

Hardly. Just another term for “on all fours”. No surprise you assumed smut. It is after all, your forte.

‘Your ancestors shouldn’t have enslaved the world’

Yassminn’s copping a good hiding in the “Comments” section.

Just another term for “on all fours”

Bullshit.

228. Pedro the Ignorant

Back in the early ’80s, WA’s then public housing agency HomesWest hired a group of aborigines, architects, engineers, home builders and bean counters to come up with an “ideal” remote area housing design that might be vandal proof, long lasting, “culturally sensitive”, easily repairable and low maintenance.

As mentioned above, open plans, steel frames, breeze block and cement figured largely in the approved designs, but when presented to the .gov SJWs in power at the time were howled down as racist and few were ever built.

Taxpayers have been hosed by public housing abuse and neglect for years, and it will never end. I have seen an invoice to replace two broken windows in a country town house for $3000 that was paid without query from anyone in authority.

The trashing is endemic, and the repair rorting runs deep.

229. Farmer Gez

Doggie style prostate examinations and what would happen if you blew up the moon.
    I’ve a feeling these two lines of thought will merge at some point.

230. overburdened

The good news is that those of us that pay max tax/ medicare levy +
    -have comprehensive health insurance and never use it because we try and maintain ourselves in a fit state,
    -pay for comprehensive car insurance on top of CTP and associated taxes and don’t have at fault accidents unless it is due to a medical episode (refer above),
    -pay home and contents insurance and rarely claim if ever because of the habit of good maintenance and luck,
    -take out travel insurance and never use it as a rule because we don’t ride scooters in shit holes (refer other thread) and often be shit faced doing it,
    -spend money on everything because there is no handouts for competent. non-breeding people;
    are feeding the machine that churns out bludgers, wasters, users and fuck ups who think the answer to their stupidity is a #gofundme page in SM; and helping the politicians make their bullshit ideas a reality until they fall over. In the meantime said cohort above can afford dope of many varieties, have all the modern gadgets and spend a lot of time putting selfies into cyberspace.
    I hope you all get a warm inner glow from knowing you are helping.

231. EvilElvis

Glazing isn’t a great example Pedro, I’m trying to replace one pane and I’ve had prices either side of that. I demand a royal commission!

232. Zatara

Furious Protesters Burn EU flags in Bulgaria

Former president Rossen Plevneliev said: “they are telling us something important – the whole political elite has not done its job over the years.”

Ya think?

Lilyana Pavlova, Bulgaria’s minister for the EU Presidency, said last Friday: “Personally, I would rather not have the Presidency begin with protests, whatever their goal is … it’s just that all the international media will be here to see Bulgaria.”

And so they shall Lily.

233. Pedro the Ignorant

Another central WA country town school had all its window glass replaced with unbreakable plexiglass after constant smashing by local yoofs.

One yoof had a rock hurled at the new school window bounce back and hit him in the head. Claret flowed.

Howls of outrage from the “community elders” and all the plexiglass was removed and replaced with regular window glass, which, naturally, is constantly smashed and requires regular replacement at taxpayers expense.

Anybody interested in some 20+ almost new plexiglass windows? Going cheap.

234. Stimpson J. Cat

Anybody interested in some 20+ almost new plexiglass windows? Going cheap.

Build me Popemobile Pedro.

I shall call it… The Stimpmobile.

235. EvilElvis

Fuck here we go, a bidding war with Stimpy!

The trashing is endemic, and the repair rorting runs deep.

Cite you the example of a family in a certain Wheatbelt town. Husband was offered a job roustabouting on a local shearing team, was making good money, kids going to school on a regular basis – the locals wrecked his house because “we’re not having him think he’s better then we are.”

237. Pedro the Ignorant

The Stimpmobile will need at least three layers of 50mm plexiglass to;
    a. repel thrown objects, grenades, shrapnel and low power bullets, and
    b. keep Stimpy contained.

Armoured vehicle recommended. 🙂

238. Oh come on

And another thing. I went to school with the divine Ms Hooper – a few years above me – and very vaguely know her family. Claire ought not poke fun at others.

239. dopey

Very good Lizzie.
    How much is the moon and sixpence?
    How wide is Moon River?

240. Pedro the Ignorant

Surplus plexiglass is about 900x900x.05mm, aluminium framed, (easily removed) and most in good condition. Stored under cover, cost about $135 per sheet, frames about $70.

About $4000 worth, going for $2000 as a job lot, freight to Perth about $400, less if a backload is going cheap.

Capitalism at work.