Open Forum: January 13, 2018

1,376 Responses to Open Forum: January 13, 2018

1. notafan

I think that missile story was intentionally D U M B.

2. Anne

I should have prefaced that post with – Breaker, breaker, TomCat, big Daddy Phoenix tried to DUMBp a big one in the Pacific… Eagle button push… that cigar got flushed. Over.

Seriously!

STOP WATCHING TELEVISION.

It is hurting you.

testpattern
    #2609755, posted on January 14, 2018 at 6:57 pm

Don’t cheat with any double insulation.

4. Muddy

Recognise. Reparations. Relieve (own) guilt at never having Resisted.

The three ‘R’s of indigenous strategy.

Annie, if you want a credible conspiracy theory, go with: it was a deliberate attempt by a loony leftist in the US bureaucracy to embarrass TrumpHitler, Expect to see charges laid.

6. Anne

This is Stimpson J. Cat watching the horrific Hawaiian nuclear false flag news story.

7. H B Bear

Hindmarsh Island was almost a great aboriginal invention. Just like any stolen generations case that is actually heard by a non-kangaroo court.

Is there not an index published that ranks countries from least to most?

Corruption Perceptions Index

9. notafan

I see your index and my index have a lot in common BoN

10. Oh come on

Annie, that’s great stuff.

Andre M, that quote of yours is not at all a zinger.

11. Stimpson J. Cat

That’s fair.

12. Muddy

Indigenous Australians, or wannabes, are essentially stateless persons. They are ghosts without an origin. Rather than direct their anger or sense of displacement against those who they feel failed them historically, they instead turn to those who DO have an identity and assault them. ‘If I don’t have an identity, then no-one else should either.’ Hence what reconstructed culture they have is focussed on ad nauseam, and the culture of those they envy is diminished.

The perpetuation and exacerbation-for-profit of the imagined grievances of past generations is a stain on the fabric of what is a proud nation. But it is not a stain I am responsible for. It is not an identity crisis I have encouraged. It is not a deep emotional deficiency I have contributed to.

If you chose to continue living in the past, real or imagined, you need to be in a museum. For your own protection. And so we can show our children what will happen to them if they don’t eat their greens.

13. Rae

the horrific Hawaiian nuclear false flag news story

‘nucular” innit? Americanski.

14. André M.

132andBush
    #2609751, posted on January 14, 2018 at 6:52 pm

The rest of your post could be condensed to – Don’t diss libertarianism because they’re for open borders, because rights.

No it could not because that sentence isn’t grammatical, let alone make sense. You should try to distinguish between events you wish had occurred versus events which actually happened.
    To reach your conclusion you had to ignore everything I said after my 2nd sentence.
    Libertarians (people) can be dissed for not doing enough to defend classic liberalism (ideology).

15. Anne

Anne, that was damn funny!

I know. Check ou the pupils. They were like saucers at the end. 😂

16. André M.

OCO, it’s not punchy enough eh? Not like a sound bite yet?

Ensuring the only people who immigrate either already manifest capitalist secular equal rights democracy, or affirm they want to, is a necessary step in preserving classic liberalism. Any weaker response is rights dilution by stealth. – André M.

I can’t get it down to a single sentence.

I see your index and my index have a lot in common

Nota – I suspect that is true except it was causing my browser to have conniptions when I tried to scroll the list. So I gave up. 😀

I have an idiosyncratic approach to browsing. Rule #1 is avoid Google if possible, which means not Chrome. Edge sucks. IE has a nice favourites column that none of the others quite have, but is prone to conniptions like the above. Brave I use to overcome conniptions, the favourites bar is pretty good (but not as good as IE) but tends not to load adverts. I load adverts on blogs whenever I can because righty bloggers are poor as church mice. Also not all Cat widgets work in Brave. Ah perfection, what would we be without wanting it?

18. dopey

A little Rae of sunshine, has come into the world
    A little Rae of sunshine, in the shape of a girl
    She can make you feel good
    She can make you feel that it’s all worthwhile

19. Rae

dopey

Ha, Sybil W Hogg, you can’t fool me. I just knew there was a “dopey” among your 26 personalities.

20. Rae

I hate people who do bad things to cats because they think it’s funny. And people who show videos of it are no better.

21. Baldrick

Rae
    #2609786, posted on January 14, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Just who do you think is interested in the opinion of a creepy, cockhead, Kitteh Stalker?

Rae
    #2609788, posted on January 14, 2018 at 7:44 pm

But stalking Kittehs on the net is acceptable is it, Grogarly, you horrible piece of dogshit on the shoe sole of humanity?

Teh sock menagerie?

24. Rae

BTW Sybil dopey W Hogg, one of my parents’ very good friends is a very good friend and business associate of Brian Cadd. I might ask them if you should be paying royalties for misquoting his song.

25. Jobson Grothe

The Guardian exposes the lies espoused by opportunistic right wing property parasites.

The prime minister, for example, in April that year referred to the ALP’s policy as a “housing tax” that was “a big sledgehammer they are taking to the property market” that would “devalue every home, every property, in Australia”.

Yep. Every home. Every property.

And while at the time it was clear his assertions lacked rigor, we now know he too knew this.

A briefing document, first produced under FOI to the ABC this week, revealed that the Treasury had advised the government that the ALP’s housing policy might merely cause “some downward pressure on property prices” in the short term and that in the long term it could have “a relatively modest downward impact” on prices.

Why you motley lot are so in love with Turnbull is beyond comprehension.

26. Rae

Old sot, have you washed out the petri dish yet? Said goodbye to mama?

27. John Constantine

Forward sold some lambs direct to the works for six dollars sixty cents dressed weight, for Feb. delivery.

Dressed weight means the carcass after all the little bonus bits the meatworks can sell to export are trimmed off. The works can also drag a bit more value back by subjecting a ‘heavy trim’ to the product and simply cutting more off it that they can process for pies and sausages and have for free.

When we hang a lamb up for rations and weigh the esky after it is cut up, we always note that it weighs significantly more than identical animals sold over the hooks.

That is the way the system goes.

The Lamb Levy is an unavoidable tax, deducted from the price before the sheep cocky ever gets the money.

After their abc launched the full power of the billion dollar bully pulpit against the old lamb adverts, the city based Meat and Livestock corporation became occupied by vegynsys wymynsys and rolled over for cultural acceptance and continued invitations for the staff.

The evil empire is now occupying the organisation and it is hiring an army of angry inspectors to do on farm inspections and ensure only cultural Marxists can be sheepowners moving forward.

Removing the lamb levy would be a move for libertarian low tax freedom from government bastardry, but it will never happen.

He’s still alive?

I wondered about that cat. The title was “horror movie” but maybe the screen tones changed rapidly from dark to bright to get the reaction in the pupils.

30. H B Bear

What’s wrong with Graegooglery today? Has he breathed in too much formaldehyde dealing with Mother or something? Graeoogs, mate, you gotta start wearing a mask buddy.

I know I’m a spoilsport but an animal that will eat your face off if you suddenly die alone is hardly likely to be disturbed by Freddie Kruger. 🙃

Don’t give up, John.

Agitate.

33. DrBeauGan

Why you motley lot are so in love with Turnbull is beyond comprehension.

You daft bugger. Nobody here except the Doomlord has th slightest regard for Turnbull. And he’s probably just trolling us.

Why you motley lot are so in love with Turnbull is beyond comprehension.

Sharp as ever, Jobson.

You’ve certainly got us all pegged.

We surrender.

35. Boambee John

test pattern

‘Stock workers had taken 50 kilograms of gun powder and packed it into a log where people of the area would light fires for ceremonies and gatherings.

How many pounds is ghat? Suspiciously round figure?

36. Rae

Nil desperandum, comrade. The lamb levy and the ones you hang up for rations are all accounted for in that wonder of farm finances, the Sheep Account.

37. 132andBush

Correct, I did.

Is knobs’n’scrote still pursuing Newtown Les’s?

Just under a hundredweight – old speak – of gunpowder? What station would have that much on hand? I’ll file this one with “poisoned waterholes” and “smallpox infected blankets.”

40. Lady Jugulum and I have spent the afternoon watching Bottom live with Rik Myall and Adrian Emondson (Probably SIC), funniest thing ever, her laughter is a delight.

41. jupes

Fucking depressing stuff John.

Is there an industry organisation that hasn’t been captured by the left?

42. John Constantine

The Constantine Lamb Australia Day advert.

Scene is a massive throng, filling a broad avenue on the march for Stalinist progressive victory over tories. Protest signs, chants pumping fists.

Then the lefty chants are drowned out by the rousing crescendo of the Wagnerian Ride of the Valkyries and from out of the blinding sun dive three helicopter gunships raking the godless hippy commie protestors with miniguns and hellfire missiles.

Lead gunship piloted by Maggie Thatcher, right wingman is a younger and dapper Prince Phillip, left wingman is Milo.

After laying down napalm upon the turkey shoot, the choppers swing around and land.

A scorched claw of a hand stretches into the camera view, extended in supplication and a lefty gasp of ‘mercy’ is uttered.

Baroness Thatcher slings an insulated box, with a red cross and ‘Emergency Supplies’ printed on it out of her gunship, then opens it to reveal it is packed with Lamb Chops on ice.

Advert ends with Maggie searing some cutlets both sides on the red hot barrels of the hippy culling miniguns and serving them to the Prince and Milo the commoner both, equality in action.

With Sam Kekovitch intoning in a voiceover that:

“Lamb, you know it makes sense.”

43. Jobson Grothe

When flying foxes drop dead from the heat, parts of the Hume Highway melt and Penrith in Sydney’s west is the hottest place on Earth with a temperature of 47.3°C, it is clear that extremes of heat are having a devastating impact.

The extreme heat during early January in south-east Australia was global news and follows the “angry summer” of 2016–17.

Globally, 2017 has smashed the record for the hottest year on record without an El Nino, which is responsible for enhancing warming in the Pacific, and is part of the long-term trend of rising global average temperature since the 1970s.

For the climate dinosaurs here.

44. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Loved the horror movie cat video. And those that followed. My eyes aren’t up to much again this evening and Hairy comes in and sees me watching this stuff while he’s cooking dinner.

Cat videos, plenty of dat on da net. Hours of fun for you dere, Lizzie, he says, waving the oven glove at me. He’s not wrong. Sometimes is nice to just be mindlessly entertained while your man does his care and protect stuff. In the kitchen. He might as well be doing it there as anywhere else, I think to myself, practicing some little cat stretches and chasing another link. I’m coming back as a Cat in my next life.

Do the rest of dese beans? he calls out. I neglect to answer.
    A lot of beans here, ya t’ink all of da beans need ta be done?
    I leave the decision silently up to him.
    You have to cede power sometimes to them.

45. Anne

Hey! That’s our Stimp you’re talkin about, Calli.

We always had a menagerie of pets growing up but my father used to say, a dog will lay down and die beside you but a cat will eat you. I don’t know if it’s true. I had an amazingly devoted Siamese cat for 19 years.

I hate myna birds but couple of days ago I found one on the ground at my property. The ants were coming over it. I had no choice.

It’s currently renting a Christmas basket on my bedside table and requiring kibble every ten minutes. Oiy.

The dog is somewhat disgusted.

46. Baldrick

Classic Grig O’Rae Revisited (Summer Edition)

Grigory M
    #2156998, posted on September 25, 2016 at 9:30 pm
    So – 15 minutes ago I incorrectly referred to calli as a Queenslander – and not one of you smug, self-centered pricks noticed it. That says much for my previous contention that many of you here are dumbos.

47. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

something gargoyles can get worked up about

48. Jobson Grothe

Loved the horror movie cat video

Of course you did, you bourgeois bimbo.

49. Tintarella di Luna

For the climate dinosaurs here.

Oh you mean those who have read Captain Tench’s report of Summer in Sydney in 1791, those dinosaurs?

50. Oh come on

I’d say give it up altogether. It’s not much of an insight, I’m afraid. Too obvious.

51. Bear Necessities

Nice puppies Jobby.

What are their names?

52. DrBeauGan

The man would have to have a heart of stone who could read jobson growth’s thoughts on climate change without laughing.

53. Oh come on

Anne’s conspiracy theory was brilliant, however. Annie, do you have any other alternative explanations for the false alarm?

54. Oh come on

Well that’s just bloody fantastic. Grigs returns, now Jobson Grothe is back to assure us what a tough guy he is and how he’s going to beat everyone up or whatever.

55. Jobson Grothe

Tintarella, Tench was a noted fabulist.

No one would have read his ravings otherwise, least of all his colonialist paymasters and their captive lickspittles.

56. Anne

Cat videos, plenty of dat on da net.

Yeah Lizzie, Cat video are great but there’s also the more poignant ones to be appreciated.

Like Sad Ben Afflect, for example.

Wasn’t Jobson Grothe another sock puppet? 1234, or someone like that?

58. jupes

I hate myna birds

Why? They’re just a bird. Good looking in their own way too.

Just because the UN has declared it an invasive species, probably is a good reason to like the little critter.

Good on you for looking after it.

Grigory M
    #2156998, posted on September 25, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Probably even calli herself ignored the dolt.

60. Tintarella di Luna

We are going to restart our Australia Day event to spite the attempts by fifth column scolds. An absolutely wonderful day with a band and juke box – there will be the 5 food groups/gangs: Lamb Kofta, Agnello Bordettato, Weeping Lamb Boulangere, Devilled Lamb Cutlets and Ginger Honey Soy Lamb Loins, with lotsa veggies and salads; Passionfruit Pavlova and Mangomisu for dessert.

To give authenticity to the doings my dear friend from across the bay will recite the Geebung Polo Club and Man from Snowy River. We’re gonna have some fun around here.

61. Oh come on

Yes, I think he’s that vegetarian uni student who came in here pretending to know something about economics before threatening to beat everyone up. It was rather sad.

62. Anne

OCO, the only other possible explanation is that… you… are… all…pod… people.

63. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

A fine piece of the creative adwriter’s art. Well done, you.
    In my misspent yoof I worked as a copywriter in an ad agency. Talked my way into it.

I had no idea you could earn a living by just making stuff up. It was great fun.

Nice puppies Jobby.

What are their names?

Asaurus one and Asaurus two?

65. Tintarella di Luna

Where’ve you been Jobbie?

For the climate dinosaurs here.

Meanwhile, sharks in the Atlantic are literally freezing

Whatever can it mean, Jobson?

67. Rae

you are a nimrod

Said Bugs Bunny to Elmer Fudd.

68. Top Ender

Crash driver Craig Whitall had licence to murder

The Australian6:53PM January 14, 2018
    GRAHAM RICHARDSON
    Political columnistSydney
    @SkyNewsRicho

Learned lawyers, judges and magistrates have always protected themselves from criticism. Recently three federal ministers were forced into grovelling apologies to the judges of the Victorian Supreme Court because they had dared to voice criticism of the lightness applied to sentencing offenders. Had these apologies not been given then the ministers could have been in contempt of court and been booted out of parliament.

This is the mother of all protection rackets. Judges can make decisions that many people regard as weak as water, but if they dare to in any way go public with their views, even if those views were supported by a big majority of the population, then they can be imprisoned. In Australia, we believe in free speech unless it involves criticism of the judiciary.

For decades I have complained about the tolerance magistrates, in particular, show towards those who breach the rules of the road. How many times does a person have to drive without a licence before they are sent to jail for a lengthy period?

There is no deterrent for driving after your licence has been suspended because the odds are stacked so far in the miscreants’ favour. Recidivist offenders are confident that the worst that happens on the vast majority of occasions is the imposition of a fine and the suspension yet again of their licence. This is a problem in all the states and territories and now that the road toll is again being elevated to the front pages, it is time for a forensic analyst to look at the history of the problem so magistrates can no longer duck and weave their way out of admitting that the problem exists.

For all the talk and angst that surrounds the topic of human rights, there is one human right we always seem to forget. When the Falkholt family — parents Lars and Vivian, with daughters Jessica and Annabelle — took off for a NSW south coast holiday — they stuck to the rules. They stuck to their side of the road. They weren’t speeding or driving erratically and yet, mum, dad and Annabelle are dead and Jessica’s life support system has been turned off. Their basic human right — the right to a Christmas holiday and a safe return to their ordinary lives — was violated and torn from them.

A grub by the name of Craig Whitall brought their lives to a shattering halt when the car he was driving crossed over to the other side of the road and smashed head-on into the Falkholts’ vehicle. Adding to the sickening nature of this “accident”, this bloke had just been to the methadone clinic for his much-needed shot.

Here comes the tragic record — 60 driving offences, four times jailed for dangerous driving and 10 times convicted for driving while suspended. To have this man behind the wheel of a car travelling on the Princes Highway towards the Falkholts means this was more a mass murder than an accident. Using the age-old phrase “an accident waiting to happen” just doesn’t cut it here.

How is it possible that the Premier, the Roads Minister, the Attorney-General or whoever, is not crying out for action on this. Why hasn’t a study been ordered of this man’s history in the courts? Why don’t we know the names of the judicial officers who gave him hopelessly weak penalties for his crimes? Why can’t we name and shame all of those who enabled Whitall to be free and to be behind the wheel of a car?

This is not just about him driving without a licence. Oh no — this is about giving him a licence to murder an innocent family.

Complete article from the Oz – no comments allowed.

Jobby has been on holidays at the beach.

Jobby was last heard of, boasting about all the dates with hawt chicks he was going on. Someone pointed out that taking your sister to Makka’s was hardly a date, and Jobby spat the dummy.

When… Penrith in Sydney’s west is the hottest place on Earth with a temperature of 47.3°C

You know we’ve entered the realm of extreme bullshit.

Probably even calli herself ignored the dolt.

From memory, I was living it up in France, so yes.

72. Jobson Grothe

Meanwhile, sharks in the Atlantic are literally freezing and Floridian iguanas are dropping from their perches due to the unprecedented cold.

Do you credulous numpties ever doubt anything blasted top note by Trump’s town criers?

Sad.

I mean Jobby you are a nimrod

A great semi-divine Biblical hero…?

For the climate dinosaurs here

Most of the age of the dinosaurs was hotter and had a higher pCO2 than today. 😀

74. Michel Lasouris

Jeremy Corbyn is destined to become a (Michael) foot note in the history of UK politics

Most of the age of the dinosaurs was hotter and had a higher pCO2 than today.

And lush flora to frolic in, no doubt.

76. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

lol Affleck. Thanks, Ann.

77. Anne

Just because the UN has declared it an invasive species…

Those Globalist Satanic UN bastards! Don’t worry, they will soon be defunded, defanged and hounded from the Earth. The UN building in NYC will be turned into housing for the homeless.

The baby Myna. I initially created a makeshift nest out of a plant pot with straw near where I found him as high up as I could secure. In the morning the wee bird was almost frozen. They’d abandoned him!

So…he’s mine now. It’s the ugliest, cutest thing I’ve ever dealt with.

I tap the basket and he opens his mouth, dog food goes in. If it’s too chunky, sometimes I have to shove it a bit with a q-tip. He’s voracious but seems happy to sleep through the night.

My greatest fear is it will be able to fly in a couple of weeks and, without family protection, will be immediately attacked by other birds.

78. H B Bear

Ah yes who can forget the angry summer? LOL. Gaia gets pretty pissed when you don’t take this stuff seriously eh Jobson? Time to chuck another climate virgin in the volcano.

79. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Bells going off in the kitchen and Hairy suddenly immersed in the last ten minutes of some game.
    Gotta go rescue something cooking. Tah rah.

80. Jobson Grothe

Anyway, I’m off to King St.

So long, tar pit dwellers – don’t bellow too loudly while sinking into all that fabulous sludge!

81. Muddy

Michigan native James C. McCloughan was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Donald J. Trump in a 31 July 2017 White House ceremony for actions “of gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty” from 13 to 15 May 1969 during the battle of Battle of Nui Yon Hill in the Republic of Vietnam. McCloughan is credited with saving the lives of at least ten soldiers while being wounded several times during the fight. During the ceremony—the first such award presented by Trump—the president described McCloughan’s bravery: “He would not yield, he would not rest, he would not stop, and he would not flinch in the face of sure death and definite danger.”

McCloughan, then a private first class, was assigned as a combat medic with Company C, 3rd Battalion, 21st Infantry, 196th Light Infantry Brigade, Americal Division, when the unit air assaulted into an area near the city of Tam Ky in Quang Nam Province. “Charlie Company” came under heavy small arms and machine gun fire almost immediately, and two U.S. helicopters were shot down. McCloughan ran one hundred meters through the withering gunfire to reach a wounded pilot, and then he carried the pilot back through the fire to safety.

Later that day, a Charlie Company platoon conducting a reconnaissance patrol was ambushed by a large North Vietnamese Army force and suffered heavy casualties. McCloughan again exposed himself to enemy fire, running into the ambush to pull two soldiers to the safety of a nearby trench. He was wounded by a rocket-propelled grenade during the rescue, but he ignored a direct order to stay back and moved into the fire four more times to save other soldiers. McCloughan refused evacuation to stay with the company. As the fighting continued the next day, McCloughan was wounded a second time by small arms fire and shrapnel while aiding two wounded soldiers in a rice paddy. In the face of an attack from three sides by two North Vietnamese companies and seven hundred Viet Cong soldiers, he continued to expose himself to enemy fire to rescue wounded soldiers while fighting to repel the attack. That night, he volunteered to hold a strobe light in an open area, and still while under fire, to provide a marker for a much-needed resupply drop. He continued to fight and treat the wounded throughout the night.

McCloughan was inducted into the Pentagon’s Hall of Heroes on 1 August 2017 by Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis. In his remarks, Mattis remarked to the members of Charlie Company in attendance, “Jim held the beacon for you that night in 1969. Today he is the beacon and we are humbled and honored in holding him high—a guide to others to keep their souls fit and always do the best they can, always serve each other.”

There have been 3,517 Medals of Honor awarded as of 23 October 2017. This was the second awarded to a member of Charlie Company, 3rd Battalion, 21st Infantry Regiment. Another medic, Pfc. Dan Shea, received the award posthumously in 1971. Shea was killed during the same operation while carrying a wounded soldier to safety. Read more about Jim McCloughan on the Army’s Medal of Honor site at https://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/mccloughan/.

Posted after Top Ender mentioned Teddy Sheean RAN earlier.

82. Jobson Grothe

Annie – you’re one of the few sensible ones here, sweetie.

Time to chuck another climate virgin in the volcano.

They’ll have to find a virgin goat.

Flying foxes died in the early years of settlement. Suburban roads had tar bubbling in the 1950s.

85. Delta A

Anyway, I’m off to King St.

So long, tar pit dwellers

Bye, Sinc.

86. Steve trickler.

It is sensational. I’ts fucking cool.

Nailed it!

It is a repeat link.

US POLITICS
    Chelsea Manning files for US Senate bid in Maryland

AP
    8:28PM January 14, 2018

Chelsea Manning intends to run for the US Senate in Maryland, returning the transgender former soldier to the spotlight after her conviction for leaking classified documents and her early release from military prison.

Manning, 30, filed her statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday, listing an apartment in North Bethesda as her address. She is running as a Democrat and will likely challenge two-term senator Ben Cardin in the primary. The state’s senior senator is an overwhelming favourite to win.

Known as Bradley Manning at the time of her 2010 arrest, the former Army intelligence analyst was convicted of leaking more than 700,000 military and State Department documents to the anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks. She’s been hailed as a traitor as well as a courageous hero.

Manning came out as transgender after being sentenced to 35 years in prison. Then-president Barack Obama granted Manning clemency before leaving office last year. The conservative media organisation Red Maryland first reported Manning’s intention to run.

From the Oz. You couldn’t make this shit up, seriously?

88. Muddy

An interesting (though lengthy) article on cyber superiority when operating military in megacities. The author argues that the attainment of cyber superiority is as important, if not more so, than that of air superiority in such a situation.

Why you motley lot are so in love with Turnbull is beyond comprehension.

Believe me, we’ve looked everywhere for other options.

Facing Bill Shorten as leader is what this country deserves, but I’m too nice a guy to wish that on anyone. I don’t see a lot of point attempting to explain to Guardian writers anything about investment, but feel free to imagine some buzzwords being tossed around if that might substitute for someone who wants to make an effort.

90. overburdened

It is unfortunate that the thread appears to be in the grip of focused fuckwittery by the usual suspects and apparently the return of someone I haven’t seen listed before, and old hands appear to know.
    Rather than afford these characters any more than the dignity of referring to them, it is my humble opinion that they-
    Stop blathering on about indigs. If the Culture is so strong, pull the services and obscene amounts of money out and bulldoze any imperialist infrastructure and ship it all back to somewhere far away from our noble savages (yes this means you can’t keep the corrugated iron and reportedly pestilential blankets etc) so they can dot paint themselves into the irrelevence they deserve.
    Stop blathering on about Dangerous Climate Change (TM) (previously global warming etc) and just come out and say we want to redistribute everything of value to benighted fuckwits in places that apparently aren’t shit holes.
    Stop googling stuff to make yourself look clever because it really doesn’t help.
    Try to learn the subtleties of trolling rather than being all thumbs clumsy.
    I have no skin in the game so it really doesn’t matter what I think. It’s just that the usual suspects are just so tiringly pathetic.

91. Snoopy

Jobson, leave our Annie alone you sad lezzo bothering pervert.

92. Stimpson J. Cat

It was actually Psycho Calli.

So…he’s mine now. It’s the ugliest, cutest thing I’ve ever dealt with.

Should be fun Anne, like this little lady who has been wonderful the last several weeks.

94. Stimpson J. Cat

Where’s Dot?

95. Snoopy

From the Oz. You couldn’t make this shit up, seriously?

I’m rooting for Chelsea. Both of them.

96. Stimpson J. Cat

Anne’s conspiracy theory was brilliant

What do you mean “theory”?

97. Snoopy

What do you mean “theory”?

Ignore the deniers, Stimpy.

98. Anne

Don’t give up, John.

Agitate.

John, I saw Leyonhjelm tweeted today about ducks, consuming overnight acres of lettuces down on the Mornington Peninsula. Illegal to shoot them, too costly to net the crop.

The whole point of the UN owned Australian Government’s position is to destroy the man on the land and corral people into the cities.

That way we are all dependent upon the Monsanto overlords.

But…a storm is coming!

The question is, will the rain fall on us too???

God, I hope so.

99. Muddy

Hmmm, in moderation. Is Master Baiting now a banned word? Dammit. One of my favourites.

100. Rae

leave our Annie alone you sad lezzo bothering pervert

Anne is a lezzo?

I’m rooting for Chelsea.

Brad and Bruce would make a fine pair in the Senate.

Caitlyn Jenner Considers Run for Senate (July)

It was not immediately clear under which political Party Jenner might launch a Senate run, thought she has previously identified as a Republican. In an appearance on The View this week, Jenner said she had been working “behind the scenes” with GOP lawmakers on LGBT policy issues.

Would it be insensitive to call them the Dickless Duo?

102. Muddy

‘Rae’ are you hoping that familiarity breeds tolerance?

103. Jessie

Tuesday 9th February 1841 p2
    NEW ENGLAND.
    To the Editor of the Sydney Gazette.
    SIR,

I have just called at a station of Mr. Henry Dangar’s, and have ascertained that one of the shepherds there was, yesterday, put to death in a most ¡nhuman manner by the Blacks, who are prowling about the country plundering, murdering, and carrying off flocks and herds wholesale; a more rascally, vindictive, or treacherous set of vagabonds than are the New England Blacks, will not be found in any part of New Holland.
    Catarrh is unknown amongst us ; and scab we only know by name. The sheep and cattle look well, as the feed is good ; we have got lots of grub, but cash is confoundedly scarce, and the news from Sydney does not tend to put us in good humour. My next communication will be more lengthy.
    Yours, very truly,
    C. E. S.

104. candy

It’s just another form of animal abuse, making cats and dogs do stuff that distress them, just for a video.

You can’t love your pet if you make they do stuff that causes them to be scared and angry, just for a video.

Only idiots do that, and people watching those videos perpetuate the mistreatment.

105. Snoopy

Crime of the century?

Tasmania’s former mining minister is facing a $159 fine and three demerit points after he was caught speeding on his way home from a darts event late last night.

Adam Brooks was travelling the more than 300 kilometres from Hobart to his home in Tasmania’s north-west when was caught going 15 kilometres over the speed limit.

The Liberal MP had been at a darts event watching Phil “The Power” Taylor at Wrest Point Hotel Casino, which he posted about on social media.

“Myall Creek” a massacre for which seven of the perpetrators were subsequently hanged, took place on a station owned by Henry Dangar.

107. Stimpson J. Cat

Candy what are your views on Grey Nurse sharks,
    and mandatory dog ramps for those with pools who own a dog?

For the climate dinosaurs here.

And what killed the dinosaurs you fucking moron.

The Penrith record wasn’t a record merely just another BoM cock-up and that non-record probably only lasted a second and was therefore not a genuine temperature.

Windsor previously had a temperature record of 50.5C in 1939 and the hottest period in Australia since white civilization arrived was the federation drought from 1890 – 1910. Conveniently the BoM does not use temperature records before 1910. The 1896 heatwave is still the worst on record.

109. Anne

Is that a magpie, Bruce?

They, along with some black ? crows with white tail tips, (don’t know what they are) have destroyed my tomato crops.

I tried buying tomatoes from the supermarket and putting them near my plants. They eat everything.

I’ll do proper netting next year.

110. overburdened

I truly object to blokes who are fuck ups in their own lives getting any social currency by dint of having their dick and bits removed, or more bizarrely, taking the hormones but wanting to keep their bits.

111. OldOzzie

Since Google does not like Conservatives – give them a miss and go with https://duckduckgo.com/

Have set duckduckgo as default search engine in Goggle Chrome

Give Google Search a miss and go with DuckDuckGo

112. Muddy

Jessie.
    Theft and murder have now been redefined as ‘Resistance,’ despite being against British common law, and, one would expect, against tribal law also. Note how ‘Resistance’ is much nobler-sounding than ‘set upon by multiple attackers and brutally killed in cold blood.’

113. Anne

…go with DuckDuckGo.

I have OldOzzie.

If only it worked for the Mornington farmers.

114. Snoopy

Quite so, Candy. As you know, Grigorae has only ever punished one pussy.

115. overburdened

The boofhead that wants to play Aussie Rules against the girls had a pic next to a story about some bullshit or other that he doesn’t like. I never got past the pic, noting that he needed a shave before scrolling past.
    Maybe the 5 o’clock shadow is a fashion thing for blokes in dresses, like man buns on hipsters or something.

116. Snoopy

Serious question, Annie. Have you checked the mynah for bird lice?

So much more nobler sounding then “Husband speared in the back, wife and children in the house, clubbed to death like animals.”

118. candy

Stimpson
    It’s ridiculous to compare sharks with cats and dogs. Sharks have to be kept away from people, whether nets or whatever. People who go shark cage diving are obviously some kind of exhibitionistic idiots. Shark and humans simply are not compatible.

I don’t have a pool so I don’t know what you are talking about with dog ramps.

119. OldOzzie

Anne DucKDuckGo seems to work for Mornington Farmers

120. Muddy

Truth Decay. An old article for sure, but an interesting one. Maybe. Actually, I can’t decide.

121. Anne

Sorry OldOzzie, I just assume everybody reads everything I write. 😜

Ducks have been wiping out the lettuce crops down there.

122. I tried buying tomatoes from the supermarket and putting them near my plants.

Put out some raised bowls of water amongst the plants, Anne.
    The birds aren’t eating your tomatoes, they are drinking them.

Is that a magpie, Bruce?

Anne – She’s a peewee. I can tell she’s female because she’s just now getting adult plumage coming through. They are usually very well behaved, although fairly recently one was going nuts on shoppers at a supermarket and had to be shot.

Kiama Woolies worker wins payout over angry bird attack (1 Jan)

Ronery seems very angry today, for a loser. He’s been drinking again. So far he abused Testicles, the gargoyle and Jobster (joined in of course). There’s angry emoting and the usual .. what I’ve diagnosed as.. Aboriginal Tourettes syndrome.

125. Muddy

Zulu.
    The only way the revisionists can convince themselves there was an active, organised resistance to British occupation is to redefine the meaning of ‘resistance.’ Hence Test Pattern’s repeated cut-n-pastes from Trove newspaper accounts. It’s the psychological equivalent of thumb-sucking, or gripping the security blanket.

126. Geriatric Mayfly

calli
    #2609800, posted on January 14, 2018 at 7:58 pm

A bit cryptic for me. Nevertheless, for light reading, I have just bought (unread) on forensics. Every touch leaves a trace genre. A reviewer at Amazon was aghast, nay sorely piqued, that flies featured so prominently and in so many pages of the text. There are those who seem to think, that we superior beings are somehow inviolate when the processes of recycling begin their trade.

HAMLET
    At supper.
    20 CLAUDIUS
    At supper where?
    HAMLET
    Not where he eats, but where he is eaten. A certain convocation of politic worms are e’en at him. Your worm is your only emperor for diet. We fat all creatures else to fat us, and we fat ourselves for maggots. Your fat king and your lean beggar is but variable service—two dishes, but to one table. That’s the end.
    CLAUDIUS
    Alas, alas!
    HAMLET
    A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm.
    30 CLAUDIUS
    What dost you mean by this?
    HAMLET
    Nothing but to show you how a king may go a progress through the guts of a beggar.

127. Anne

Serious question, Annie. Have you checked the mynah for bird lice?

Interesting you say that Snoop. My first attempt at feeding, distilled water soaked bread pushed through a sieve and syringed into his wee gob, (before I knew bread was bad) resulted in crusty neck feathers so I gave him a cotton bud bath today.

I noticed some flakey crud and thought the same thing so I got my ex husbands old operating loops and checked really carefully. It seems to be just crud.

I’ll go to a pet store and get proper food for him tomorrow but he seems shiny, happy and healthy.

Will keep you updated. 😉

There’s a Download button, so you know your tax money wasn’t wasted.

Anyone who has a long lonely drive tonight and wants to listen to something amusing from a head shaking, laugh because you don’t want to cry, kind of way… the name “Richard Denniss” briefly popped up if anyone knows anything about the guy.

They chat about how we know that internal combustion is finished, and we know that the future is electric self driving cars and they will be so cheap, and have you heard about ride sharing? Yeah, worked wonderfully for those bike sharing schemes… you know where all the bikes were tossed away in the gully? Now presumably the ABC has a plan for cars to get tossed along with the bikes.

There’s only one lesson of economics! That is no one ever learns from economics.

That’s right muddy, encourage him. Good work. Let’s watch the IQ of the place raging towards 65.

130. min

I will stop being a climate dinosaur when the temperature in Greenland reaches the temps were when Erik the Red sailed into its beautiful blue inlets . Summer top temp these days is 9 degrees Not warm enough these days to grow silage for the cattle they were raising back in 1000 . Also I don’t believe they have rebuilt the cathedral and whether it is still a Bisphoric . I

131. Anne

Put out some raised bowls of water amongst the plants, Anne.
    The birds aren’t eating your tomatoes, they are drinking them.

Yeah, I read that on the DuckDuckGo, Vault. I suspect they lied to me.

It seems they like a little carbohydrate with their water. 🤔

It’s like a Gin and tonic for them.

132. Muddy

J.C.
    And I asked for your opinion when exactly?

133. I have a trough, a 2000 litre fish pond and a large fresh water filled bucket right next to the garden bed.

Anne, to drink from them the birds have to go to ground, which is generally the unsafest place of all for them. They avoid doing so if at all possible. A tomato, on the other hand, is elevated off the ground where the bird feels safer. You need to duplicate that.

134. Mike of Marion

OldOzzie
    #2609893, posted on January 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm

same here

You don’t have to ask for my opinion, as I’m happy to offer it free of charge. Stop encouraging stupid shit here, you fucking idiot. He’ll be now posting aboriginal Tourettes like comments for the next month because he thinks you’re interested. STFU with that swill. Go to Facebook, as I and others have said.

136. Jessie

ZK2A
    Good sleuthing there, particularly the 50 kilograms of gunpowder in 1841.

Perhaps these Armidale ‘indigenous researchers of history’ were relating to this situation of potential ‘terrorism’ (their words),and were confused with 110pound gunpowder.

The Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser
    Saturday 20th February 1941 p2

Original Correspondence.
    CORROBERRA.
    To the Editor of the Sydney Gazette.
    SIR,
    The following account of the Native Dance of the New Hollanders, though well known to your country friends, may be new to some of your town subscribers.
    I am, your obedient servant,
    A BUSHMAN

The Corroberra or Native Dance of the New Hollanders has, I believe, been often described ; nevertheless, I will give you a true outline of one I saw when upwards of three hundred were assembled on the eve of a fight between them and a neighbouring tribe.
    About eleven o’clock at night, as we were thinking of bed, we heard a loud confused noise from the hill behind the house, which, on stepping out to the verandah, we perceived came from the camp of the blacks ; being made aware of what was going on, we sallied forth ; the night was extremely dark and still ; a long row of fires were blazing along the summit of the range, which had a peculiarly fine effect as we caught glimpses of it from between the tall gum trees.
    As we drew nigh to two immense burning piles that almost surrounded the whole body of natives I cannot sufficiently express the effect, I might almost say terror, that struck me as I beheld three hundred savages in a state of perfect nudity, painted red and white all over their persons in the most varied and extraordinary manner, no two being alike, shouting and yelling like so many demons, brandishing their spears,* bomerangs† and nulla-nullas
    Around the principal fire, or canby,‡ were seated a la Turk the gins, who, having rolled up the oppossum cloaks§ of the men into something resembling a lady’s boa, kept thumping away with their fists, keeping time to the war song, which at various stages of the performance is scarcely audible, while at other times so loud and shrill that you are almost deafened ; behind the gins (the lovely creatures), with faces to their backs stand the males, some with a bundle of spears in their hands, others with tomahawks, waddies, and hilimans ; some having tufts of cockatoo feathers dangling to their long curly locks, their faces painted one-half red, the other white, while the arms, legs, and body, are touched off in any manner that may strike the fancy of the operator—crosses, circles, figures of snakes, and nondescripts. In one particular all agree, that he who is most plentifully besmeared with ochre and pipeclay is the most finished and well-dressed gentleman of the party, and consequently the envy of the sable brethren, and the admiration of the gins ; there was one fellow stout, active, and really well made, that had his legs painted exactly like a Highlandman’s hose, even to the garter ; where he got the pattern, I leave more skilful persons than your correspondent to decide. But, to proceed, while the main body stand behind the gins, one commences a chaunt which is principally of their prowess in war, that is taken up by the whole assembly, male end female, the men clashing their weapons together, and the gins beating their oppossum drums. while two to twelve, as the case may require, spring out from the throng, face to the other large fire, advance, retreat, toss their weapons over their heads, throw themselves into the most grotesque attitudes, make the flesh quiver on their limbs, and then leap to a surprising height, with a thousand other devil pranks that would throw the marvellous agility of Cook’s clown far in the shade. These, in their turn, retire to their former places, when their stations are instantly occupied by others, and so on, at intervals the whole mass turn out, then, if you stand back thirty or forty paces from the fire, the scene baffles any thing like description, the flickering of the flames as it plays on these wild men of the forest, their contortions, their leaping, and withal, their terrible shouting, which fills the neighbouring rocks and gullies with an unearthly echo, is all truly appalling. During the dance, I have seen some of them wrought up to such a pitch of madness, that they have foamed at the mouth, emitting a sound like the hissing of snakes.
    When the Corroberra is apparently over, all retire to their respective gunyahs ; after a few minutes rest, a signal is given by one of the subilissimos striking two bomerangs together, when all the warriors start to their feet, and then enact a sham fight, or rather defence, the onset, the melee, and the final charge, amidst a din and uproar that is heightened by the solitariness of the night, but with a degree of method and tact, that would make them rather queer customers to deal with. They conclude their orgies with three distinct shouts, each louder than another, and then retire to their candbies for the night.
    They dislike seeing the whites at their corroberras, yet as we were well known to most of the tribe, we were tacitly allowed to take our stand at a little distance from the scene of operation, none speaking to us until all was over at two in the morning, when we were tormented with clamorous demands for tobacco, a weed they are passionately fond of, that we were glad to decamp, and leave them “alone in their glory.”

137. Anne

A bit cryptic for me.

Not Shakespeare, Mayfly, Calli was referring to this:-

Anne – Pretty much everything you hear from Greens is garbage. Bread isn’t bad. I’ve had lots of hand fed noisy miners who have mostly eaten Coles $1 bread their whole lives and are rudely healthy. Literally from the day they hatch, as the parents and helpers all come to me for bits of bread for the chicks. As for Indian Mynahs, they’re the toughest birds in the universe. They’ll survive the nuclear holocaust to eat the cockroaches.

139. Jessie

with apologies to Muddy @ 9.47
    🙂

140. Muddy

Wasn’t it you who stated a few days ago that I was tedious and boring and had nothing to offer? And yet here you are trying to engage in conversation with me. Strange.

JC, I have no intention of wasting my time arguing with a stranger on an internet blog. If that’s your thing, and it makes you feel important to ponce around and dictate what other strangers can and can’t do, knowing that you are safely beyond their physical reach, go for it. Good luck with that.

141. Anne

You need to duplicate that.

Ok Vault, I’ll do it but I think I’ll just be providing drinks for them as well as lunch.

You’ll never find better hospitality than lunch at Anne’s.

Even for the critters.

142. Farmer Gez

Watching a taped Graham Norton show that features Chris Rock as a guest.

Norton tried the the lefty shit on Rock that Trump jokes must write themselves but Rock went sideways and talked about being the same NY clubs that Trump went to.

Rock said you always knew Trump had arrived as all the women flocked to him, threw themselves at him.
    Seems you could grab them by the pussy.

More truth from a comedian than the media.

Yes, you are boring Muddy, however that doesn’t invalidate a request to stop encouraging a patient with a very serious case of aboriginal Tourettes. Ive had great success with him lately and don’t need you to have him regress.

144. Geriatric Mayfly

Not Shakespeare, Mayfly, Calli was referring to this:-

Thanks Anne for setting me straight. In quick, and tired scrolling, I thought we were back to an old Cat chestnut about dogs and cats eating their dead owners.

145. overburdened

I for one would appreciate seeing that Denniss character out of the city and riding his share hire bike from Emerald to Charters Towers.

146. I think I’ll just be providing drinks for them as well as lunch.

Maybe so, Anne, but there’s nothing so disheartening to a gardener than an almost ripe tomato full of peck holes**. I have some stakes with hubcaps screwed to the top. I bang these in, then put one of those rectangular aluminium food trays in it with a stone in the middle and filled with water. The birds can sit on the rim of the hubcap and drink. I put them in the shade between plants, and replace the trays each month to prevent any disease build up.

———————
    Except maybe an almost ripe rockmelon half chewed by possums.

147. Zyconoclast

I’m rooting for Chelsea. Both of them.

If you were rooting Chelsea, would that make it a threesome?

Asking for a friend.

148. Anne

Bread isn’t bad. I’ve had lots of hand fed noisy miners…

I’m sure you’re right, Bruce. I know the adults certainly eat anything, bread, meat, fruit, kibble, birdseed but I thought the babies who usually get partly digested food spewed into their mouths might need something different.

The internet consensus was dog food or moistened kibble would suffice in a pinch.

I have to say he really likes it.

memoryvault
    #2609933, posted on January 14, 2018 at 10:25 pm

150. Rae

Me neither.

Sorry Muddy, spoiled your meme. Well, not sorry really, you were just trying to be a smarty-pants.

151. Snoopy

and replace the trays each month to prevent any disease build up.

That sounds like a bad practice (Sorry, Bruce).

And one other thing Mud. It took very little to trigger you, which is something you accused me of the other day. You hypocrite.

153. What is eating our climbing beans, but leaves the ones growing at ground level alone?

No idea Mark. As the world’s worst gardener** I decided long ago to concentrate on just tomatoes and rockmelons. At a guess I’d say some kind of grub (larva) of a moth or butterfly, as these tend to lay their eggs further up the plant.

————————–
    ** – I am also the world’s worst fisherman. These days I fish solely for summer whiting.

154. Anne

Vault, they’re even having a go at the Aubergines. And they are not a juicy fruit.

155. Snoopy

Got your own ‘puter back, JC?

156. Rae

an animal that will eat your face off if you suddenly die alone

There was a movie years ago, before I was born, where an old lady died in bed leaving her many cats in the house to fend for themselves. When the authorities finally broke into the house they found her remains still in bed where the cats had eaten out her chest and stomach. Don’t know the name of the movie.

157. Anne

Let’s watch the IQ of the place raging towards 65.

You’re dreamin’.

More truth from a comedian than the media.

Clown Universe.

159. Anne

Thanks Anne for setting me straight

Hey Mayfly, there’s high drama, suspense, pathos and tragedy in that one minute video.

An a twist at the end!

Here it is again for the busy scrollers.

160. Vault, they’re even having a go at the Aubergines.

Then just be grateful for small mercies.
    At least you don’t have to try and make them edible.

161. Dr Faustus

If you were rooting Chelsea, would that make it a threesome?

If you were rooting Chelsea, you would be expecting an absolute shitload of media cash.
    Nothing else makes any sort of sense.

Yea snoop, I’m back in town for a meeting tomorrow morning . How can you tell ? 🙂

163. Anne

I love Aubergine.

I fry them in coconut oil and ghee.

Divine!

Anne
    #2609950, posted on January 14, 2018 at 10:52 pm

I love Aubergine.

I fry them in coconut oil and ghee.

You are joking?
    They are like a sponge, soak up oil by the barrel.

165. My chooks will try and eat pretty-much anything.
    Even each other, from time to time.
    But they draw the line at eggplant.

166. classical_hero

Yet being Christian is a privilege.

There are some brave bastards around:

An anti-Islamic nationalist wheeled homemade gallows into the Fabian Society conference, where Mayor Sadiq Khan was speaking, as a handful of demonstrators from the White Pendragons group shouted in support of Trump and Brexit.

Khan is an odious little creep, even by Islamic standards (sic). The guys tried to make a citizen’s arrest on him.

I love Aubergine.

I fry them in coconut oil and ghee.

You are joking?
    They are like a sponge, soak up oil by the barrel.

Yup, that’s why I fry them in butter and salt… because it’s slightly better mannered than just eating butter and salt directly.

Hey, it’s low carb, m’kay?

169. Anne

You are joking?
    They are like a sponge, soak up oil by the barrel.

Yes, hence the coconut oil and ghee. Half cup of each. Delicious.

I just read today from an old, ~1920’s medical book, that the dietary calories should be 75% fat, 15% protein, 6% alcohol and 4% carbohydrates.

No diabetes, cancer, heart disease etc, etc back then.

That was before the creature from Jekyll Island took over Big Food and Big Pharma and made everybody sick with their lies and drugs.

Can’t make money out of healthy people.

170. Tim Neilson

So some aspects of traditional indigenous culture have survived intact, as still practised in Smith Street Collingwood.

Well, it has a longer history than “welcome to country” ceremonies anyway.

The Fabians!!

Talk about getting caught short… I never even mentioned the Fabians earlier today when I was bagging the British for introducing toxic socialism to the world (Tel #2609549). So there’s yet another example… the Fabians provide the ideas and Sadiq Khan came to the UK to soak up those ideas. Don’t blame outsiders for subverting the Western world, when Fabianism is very deeply a Western construct.

It’s our own culture that created the problem, we must settle this by looking inwards.

172. Zyconoclast

Switzerland Rejects Citizenship Bids Of Residents Who Were Once On Welfare

Switzerland doesn’t mess around.

The idyllic nation — where the average annual GDP per capita is nearly $80,000 — doesn’t like deadbeats. The nation recently enacted a new civil rights act that prevents residents who received welfare benefits from becoming citizens until they pay back the money they took.

The new regulations took effect January 1. Asylum seekers and refugees who received handouts in the previous three years can’t become permanent residents without paying back the government.

What’s more, refugees must prove they are making efforts to integrate into society in order to win citizenship. They must show that have “cultivated contacts” with a number of Swiss people, according to Kronen Zeitung. There are also new language requirements, which vary depending on the canton they are living in, the Daily Mail reports.

173. Zyconoclast

Sadiq Khan heckled by Brexit and Trump supporters as he warns of ‘depressing’ regression in gender equality

Sadiq Khan’s speech on gender equality was halted by hecklers who stormed a conference and called for the London Mayor to be arrested.

The Mayor was speaking at the Fabian Society – a left-wing thinktank – about the modern-day threat to gender equality.

174. Leo G

“…to borrow a phrase from Donald Trump, London is turning into a shithole under Sadiq Khan. ”- Breitbart London editor in chief Raheem Kassam

THE NATION
    Bushfire edges close to Perth

AAP
    11:40PM January 14, 2018

Paige Taylor
    WA Bureau Chief
    Perth
    @paigeataylor

Firefighters have gained control of a blaze on Perth’s eastern fringe after it threatened homes and lives for hours on Sunday.

The Sawyers Valley fire, believed to have been deliberately lit shortly before 8.30am, burnt out 3000ha and blanketed Perth in smoke and residents were being urged to remain vigilant as the fire was still burning on Sunday night.

For much of Sunday, 150 fire fighters worked to establish containment lines. Aerial support was sent to assist ground crews while residents of Mundaring and Kalamunda were warned to leave their homes or get ready to actively defend their properties.

The alert level for this fire was downgraded when wind conditions changed around dusk. There was no longer a threat to lives or homes, The Department of Fire and Emergency Services told residents in an alert issued shortly after 7pm.

From the Oz. Arsonists, in this country, should be tied up with barbed wire, and flung from a trebuchet, into the middle of their own fucking fire, honestly. I’ve been sitting by the phone all day…

176. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Loved the horror movie cat video

Of course you did, you bourgeois bimbo.

Can’t let this pass. It’s Newtown’s own Fancy Nancy Boy, fatty little Jobby Gross, holding two samples of his dinner for tonight while he disses a great video as well as a girl from Mt. Druitt. Poor little puppies, I send them my Bimbo Love before he gets out his Saigon Special recipes.

Ah, Candy. Your heart is bleeding again for the pussycats, along with mine. Fear not, there was nothing in those vids that cats don’t do normally at home without being pressured into it. You should have seen Attapuss bolt here tonight when the Duke of Edinburgh raised his voice recalling his Gordonstoun childhood. I knew a Gordonstoun boy once, in a Biblical sense; bourgeois he was not. Like me in that, really. We came together, as it were, both outliers on the normal curve of the class system – he at one end, me at the other. I hope you can picture it, my dear. 🙂

And so to bed.

177. BorisG

But he was popularly elected just like your beloved Trump, wasn’t he?

178. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Switzerland sounds nice.

In truth, it was nice, I thought at the time.
    I went for a cruise on the lake at Zurich, alone in First Class for lunch and crisp wine.
    Then I did a bus tour where the driver gave a working-man’s lecture on Cantons.
    Hairy was at meetings with some Gnomes.

179. Mitch M.

True, it is disgusting what has happened. BTW Anne something I have been following up on is the need for choline in the diet. A friend who goes heavily into nutrition advised granular lecithin as a optimal source. Cheap too, I just ordered 340 grams for 18.48AUD. I had forgotten about it until an FBF who is a prominent anti-aging author and Prof of evol stated he has seen good improvements in some people who boost their choline intake. When I looked into though what struck me is how difficult it can be to get enough in the diet.

Donald J. Trump
    Verified account
    @realDonaldTrump
    50 minutes ago
    …and they knew exactly what I said and meant. They just wanted a story. FAKE NEWS

Donald J. Trump
    Verified account
    @realDonaldTrump
    53 minutes ago
    The Wall Street Journal stated falsely that I said to them “I have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un” (of N. Korea). Obviously I didn’t say that. I said “I’d have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un,” a big difference. Fortunately we now record conversations with reporters…

181. Sweden decided to deport a female Iranian convert to Christianity. When the convert, Aideen Strandsson, pleaded that in Iran she could face the death penalty as an apostate, Swedish officials told her, “it’s not our problem if you decided to become a Christian, and it’s your problem.” Meanwhile, Sweden continues accepting Muslim refugees.

Does anybody else have the sneaking feeling that Sweden may have the opposite view were the religions to be reversed?

182. Makka

But he was popularly elected just like your beloved Trump, wasn’t he?

Trump isn’t a Paki. Trump isn’t moslem. Spot the difference ?

183. OneWorldGovernment

Zyconoclast
    #2609960, posted on January 14, 2018 at 11:49 pm

Zyconoclast

The Fabian society is a tad more than “a left-wing thinktank”.

Refer Tel’s comment above.

I don’t know when they first started but it was created to introduce communism by stealth into Western Society. Hence the march through the institutions.

Australia’s Lab/Lib/Public Service are full on following the Fabian line.

184. BorisG

Trump isn’t a Paki. Trump isn’t moslem. Spot the difference ?

But if Londoners elected him then what is your business questioning their choice?

185. OneWorldGovernment

Zyconoclast
    #2609960, posted on January 14, 2018 at 11:49 pm

Zyconoclast

The Fabian society is a tad more than “a left-wing thinktank”.

Refer Tel’s comment above.

Australia’s Lab/Lib/Public Service are full on following the Fabian line.

186. BorisG

you know they forgot to ask your opinion.

187. Oh come on

Hollywood icon: Australian Naomi [Watts] is one of Tinseltown’s most revered actresses

Errr really?

188. Oh come on

But he was popularly elected just like your beloved Trump, wasn’t he?

So that makes him incapable of making his jurisdiction a shithole? Strawman. Borry, see Detroit. Its leaders have all been popularly elected. Demonstrably, this does not preclude these popularly elected leaders running the place into the ground.

189. Makka

More than Londoners use London. In fact millions of people who aren’t Londoners use the place so observing it’s demise into shitholeness under the governance of a moslem mayor is hardly questionable. What benchmark does this Paki use, Islamabad?

190. OneWorldGovernment

Sadiq Khan: A Fabian for London

The Fabian Society sends many warm congratulations to Sadiq Khan on his selection as Labour’s Mayoral Candidate for London.

Sadiq is a leading member of the society’s elected executive committee and was chair of the society from 2008 to 2010. In the last parliament he edited two Fabian pamphlets, Punishment and Reform (2011) and Our London (2013).

Andrew Harrop, general secretary of the Fabian Society said:

“Sadiq Khan has spent his life fighting for equality and justice, with the Fabian Society and elsewhere. Like the Fabians who pioneered municipal socialism in London 100 years ago, Sadiq is a man of big ideas and practical action. He is the ideal champion for London today and we wish him our very warmest congratulations.”

191. OneWorldGovernment

No wonder Australian “elites” didn’t have Trumps phone number when he won and no wonder Alexander Downer had to bolt from London because our “elites” were part of the whole CIA/FBI/DOJ cabal to make sure that Clinton won the Presidency.

Read This

Fusion GPS Walks Back Its Claim FBI Had ‘Source’ Inside Trump Campaign….
    … Fusion GPS is now walking back the claim the FBI had an ‘internal source’, claiming they “mischaracterized” the source. The ‘source’ was apparently an Australian diplomat.

192. notafan

Missive from Matera

Staying in a vaulted cellar in a 15th district just a hop skip jump from the Sassi Caveoso.

The caves a street behind us are mostly empty and locked up but we did visit a former underground monastery and the Rupestrian church inside another prominent rock and another called Spirito Santo under the main square.

Ours is a car street so some time is spent pressed up against walls to let cars past.

I’d have visited the cisterns but no tour today though I did pay my three euro and visit the art gallery in Palazzo La Franchi.

I am going back tonight to the Romanesque Church of San Giovanni, outside the city walls and consequently abandoned for two centuries after 1480 because of constant predations by soldiers.

Matera is an amazing place I’d never heard of before organising this trip. With us are a few Japanese tour groups but otherwise fairly quite with just a few African beggars hustling.

The land does not seem at all bountiful but the information says people shared their caves with their animals, the surface of the land a long way in on the train was covered in rocks so goats and sheep farming seemed obvious, really.

A hard life, even for troglodytes.

rupestrian churches

daily mail travelogue on matera

193. Tintarella di Luna

194. Tintarella di Luna

I notice the NDIS is in the Oz again but unfortunately no comments – my comment would be that the states have totally suckers the Feds – of course, it’s a system set up by the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd government. They passed the thing then put the slimeocracy in charge of its design, funding and administration; people who have absolutely no practical knowledge of anything to do with disability, they have no personal knowledge nor do they bear any cost or pay any price for getting it wrong.

You know a bit like putting the shelf-stacker in charge of designing a heart-lung machine.

The bureaucracy

195. Tintarella di Luna

hey’re even having a go at the Aubergines.

Then just be grateful for small mercies.
    At least you don’t have to try and make them edible.

The fact that there are melanzane is another reason I believe in God, that and Tommy Emmanuel.

196. Nerblnob

TE, great new record with David Grisman.

197. Nerblnob

Notafan, the best thing about Basilicata is that it contains western Europe’s biggest onshore oilfield. Over by Volturino (mountain) and Viggiano (town)

OK, I’m taking the piss a bit because nobody normal is interested in stuff like that.

That’s how the greenies can get away with their lies.

198. one old bruce

An important difference between Australia and the US is our tradies culture. Apparently in the US all ‘menial’ work is done by whatever-you-call thems. And everyone else fights to go to college, to lose their virginity (if they haven’t already) and get credentials.

In my time I don’t think young Australian men have ever had it as good as they do now, with all the building and renovating work. Then they build their own dream homes on the edge of the bush, a splash pool for the kids, a boat, a few hoon cars and a 4wd. A whole continent to explore (watch the 4wd TV shows, and fishing shows). Work their own hours, take the young family to Bali…

Was it ever so good?

199. Herodotus

Bali? Beaches and bars.
    We have all that plus heaps of foreigners.

200. Geriatric Mayfly

Peru quake kills dead, injures dozens Oz Headline.

By the grace of God it looks like the living were spared.

201. Gab

Peru quake kills dead, injures dozens Oz Headline.

I had to go check and see if this absurd headline was true.

I’m sorry I doubted you, Mayfly.

202. one old bruce

More on US college obsessions:

Edith Wharton, in I think ‘Age of Innocence’ describes young women’s desperation to ‘come out in Society’ (as does Trollope in ‘The Way We Live Now’). ‘Are you Out yet?’ they ask each other.

Methods have changed, but I suspect motivations are the same. ‘Society’ is now university, especially if it’s far from parental home.

Herodotus, yes I don’t think overseas travel is a high priority for young Australian men, but you know, the wife always wanted to see it…

203. Diogenes

I have a lime tree full of lime s i was about to harvest, (the mint bush was doing well and white rum purchased for the mojitos) only to find that one night many of them had been ‘Tonsured’ , i.e. the the skin on the tops of the fruit eaten. A quick search indicated that mice like to eat the skin on the bottom of the fruit, but no answers to eating the skin on the tops. Anyy green thumbed cats provide a clue ?

204. feelthebern

T Boone Pickens checks out of the energy game.
    For non-financial types, that’s like Warren Buffett getting out of the equities game.
    I can see Oklahoma State having another stadium upgrade shortly.

Diogenes, probably very lazy ringtails.

Mayfly, it is true. I was referring to that tired old pet-eats-dead-owner meme. *hangs head in shame*

And Johannes Leak is right on the money, apart from the fact that we don’t know if Trump slapped a hosties bottom, but we do know that Oprah schmoozed Weinstein.

Ahahah! The odious Kochie and Sam Armytage are interviewing a gushy Will Smith. Smith comments that he has been constantly interrupted while he’s been on vacation in Australia.

Armytage lets down her carefully manufactured persona and says “if you don’t want to be interrupted, don’t post on Instagram”. Oh.

207. Geriatric Mayfly

The fact that Aubergines soak up so much of the cooking medium used to give me the heebie jeebies. The best solution was one of those small George Forman’s griller turnouts. A spray or two of canola mist on the metal surfaces, and in with the slices. Maybe, towards the end a drizzle of olive oil. Do make sure you drizzle anything less would be a capital culinary crime. Out they come with zebra stripes and all, fit for the Safeway deli.

208. Baldrick

It’s a watershed moment over at TheirABC where they have a supporting puff piece on a group of thugs who use violence and guns to protest against anything Trump:

Antifa: The hard left’s call to arms
    Donald Trump’s inauguration as US president a year ago reinvigorated many right-wing groups, including white supremacists. Now the militant left is fighting back with some shock tactics of its own.

This is the only time you’ll see TheirABC not say one negative word about the American gun culture because these are the good guys, fighting Nazis.

209. Mike of Marion

Johannes Leak thanks Tom.

210. Boambee John

Muddy
    #2609909, posted on January 14, 2018 at 9:47 pm
    Zulu.

A few weeks ago I pointed out to test pattern that there was no aboriginal victory akin to Ishandlwana. His response (paraphrased) was that there were no such large British forces present to be so defeated. The minor detail that the absence of such large forces demonstrated the minor nature of the actual “resistance” passed him by.

211. Gilas

overburdened
    #2609871, posted on January 14, 2018 at 9:04 pm

All absolutely spot on!

Jobson’s been spanking the monkey again, and Testicles is inebbriated on one of those smallpox-infested blankets.

BTW, have any cats heard/read anything in the media about the record cold-windy day in Sydney yesterday? I couldn’t find anything.

212. Geriatric Mayfly

Can you picture the flurry at the Admiralty, and the high delegations between there and Downing Street, over the possibility of sending a gunboat to Roebourne.

213. Frank

Ahahah! The odious Kochie and Sam Armytage are interviewing a gushy Will Smith.

I wonder if people like Kochie have any insight into their own condition. How could they not, and yet, if they did, how could they live with themselves.

Boambee John
    #2610027, posted on January 15, 2018 at 8:00 am

You cannot convince the usual suspect of anything.

215. Boambee John

Tel at 2327

Destroy the left and our other problems become manageable.

Sinistra delenda est!

Gilas
    #2610028, posted on January 15, 2018 at 8:08 am

It seems Sydney weather is hot or never reported.

217. Farmer Gez

The hard left’s call to arms
    Apparently the far Right show up to universities to speak and this justifies deadly violence for the Left.
    These speakers are the likes of Milo or Peterson.
    Behold your creation ABC.

Hawaii alert reminder of 1938 USA radio drama.

219. Gilas

stackja
    #2610036, posted on January 15, 2018 at 8:19 am

It seems Sydney weather is hot or never reported.

You might be right:
    47+ C one Sunday in January,
    23.4 C with 40+ km/hr blustery winds one week later,

…and not a peep.

Strange and puzzling.

220. areff

The inspiration for today’s Delonas cartoon. Love that little sand goblin with his big black bomb.

221. hzhousewife

Steelers lose ! (happy Patriots fan)

Gilas
    #2610040, posted on January 15, 2018 at 8:40 am

MSM/BOM are strange and puzzling.

Yes, Stacks. I mentioned that to The Beloved this morning.

Broadcast of intentionally fake, but well known story causes mass panic – Orson Welles

Alarm for no reason at all accidentally causes mass panic – Hawaiian wokka

Some people comitted suicide in 38. Hawaiians will be claiming PTSD for decades.

224. lotocoti

40+ km/hr blustery winds

I flew out of SYD yesterday and the + bits made things a little more interesting than usual.

225. feelthebern

Patriots are cake walking into the Super Bowl.
    All 3 NFC teams left are beaten up & under strength.

areff! Good get! That cartoon was worrying me, now I know why. 🙂

227. min

Groupies of rock stars, wannabe WAGs and women who just want a notch on their belts, flirty touchy touchy ones are not uncommon I have observed it all . Funnily enough a friend who had worked at senior level in business says that sort of behaviour did not go on in her company .Who is she kidding ? But how are men supposed to tell the difference. I suppose if you are unattractive .no power or status it won’t be a problem.

Something I found astonishing in one of Trump’s daily MSM bypass tweets this morning:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
    @realDonaldTrump

It’s astonishing to me that Trump, until now, hasn’t recorded every one-on-one conversation with a reporter. Some of them get in a huff about it being a breach of trust but, considering the current daily misrepresentation of or lying about everything he says — even by the Wall Street Journal, as shown above — it must now be a non-negotiable prerequisite for every interview with POTUS45.

calli
    #2610044, posted on January 15, 2018 at 8:47 am
    Yes, Stacks. I mentioned that to The Beloved this morning.

Alarm for no reason at all accidentally causes mass panic – Hawaiian wokka

HEMA still have Obama ‘experts’?

The Hawaii Emergency Management Agency (HI-EMA) is the body responsible for managing emergencies in the United States State of Hawaii. The director is major general Arthur “Joe” Logan and the administrator is Vern Miyagi.

Tom
    #2610051, posted on January 15, 2018 at 9:08 am

DT let MSM show need. MSM can’t complain now.