At the end of the Fake News Awards there was a list of Trump’s Top Ten achievements which you should not miss out on reading in the midst of the Fake News misdirection found everywhere. These have played out in less than a year since the inauguration on January 20. I can see that for some, the disappearance of the graft and crony capitalist returns have made things worse, but why would anyone who works for a living outside government (or even inside) not find all of these astonishing and wish only for seven more years of the same and even more?
While the media spent 90% of the time focused on negative coverage or fake news, the President has been getting results:
1. The economy has created nearly 2 million jobs and gained over $8 trillion in wealth since the President’s inauguration.
2. African Americans and Hispanics are enjoying the lowest unemployment rate in recorded history.
3. The President signed historic tax cuts and relief for hardworking Americans not seen since President Reagan.
4. President Trump’s plan to cut regulations has exceeded “2 out for every 1 in” mandate, issuing 22 deregulatory actions for every one new regulatory action.
5. The President has unleashed an American energy boom by ending Obama-era regulations, approving the Keystone pipeline, auctioning off millions of new acres for energy exploration, and opening up ANWR.
6. ISIS is in retreat, having been crushed in Iraq and Syria.
7. President Trump followed through on his promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and instructed the State Department to begin to relocate the Embassy.
8. With President Trump’s encouragement, more member nations are paying their fair share for the common defense in the NATO alliance.
9. Signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the VA to fire failing employees and establishes safeguards to protect whistleblowers.
10. President Trump kept his promise and appointed Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
The list doesn’t even mention leaving the Paris Accords on Climate Change, which has as much to do with these outcomes as anything, but which has not been universally welcomed even though it is one of his most important achievements to date.