Monday Forum: March 19, 2018

1,604 Responses to Monday Forum: March 19, 2018

Another quality evening of news and analysis.

2. Motelier

Try no to call people rude names, fuckface. Here, I’ll make it easy for you:

Captain Oblivious strikes again.

As I said, forgive him Father….

3. struth

You give me Wikipedia, complete with “ethnic groups”

Go home.

The adults with life experience are talking here.

4. Rae

The adults with life experience are talking here.

Sure. But you are not one of them.

5. struth

No one alive today is a first, unless you divide by race.
    Now will you sickening racists fuck off?

6. Motelier

Captain Oblivious:

I am not either, but one of my direct ancestors was on the First Fleet.

I actually find it strange that we are all descended from 1 royalty, or 2 famous people.

7. nemkat

What you are saying, Cohenite, is that it is okay for settlers to take a peoples’ land, destroy their way of life, and murder them if they resist, and repeat that for over a hundred years.
    Then pretend nothing happened, and blame the victims every chance you get.

8. struth

I’m not, but apparently I’m privileged due to the colour of my skin, which I presume puts me down the race scale to about a , well certainly not a second, maybe a forth, according to our racist trolls.

Then pretend nothing happened, and blame the victims every chance you get.

No, that’s what you said. Why are you misrepresenting what I said. Don’t bother replying, let it be a mystery.

10. struth

Then pretend nothing happened, and blame the victims every chance you get.

They were all sitting around singing Kumbaya according to these fuckwits.

11. testpattern

Who was the first to introduce the term ‘Firsts’ in reference to Australian Aboriginal nations?

No takers? Ok so nobody knows Australian history. I’ll just have to give you a lessson –

My friend the late Ernie Bridge introduced the concept into politics in the 90s and formed the Unity of First People of Australia [UFPA].

Bridgy got help from the most unlikely of people – Richard Court, son of the man who had threatened Ernie over the phone to try and intimidate him from going into politics, then directed the Lib in Kimberley to get blackfellas too drunk to vote. Ernie discussed his idea with Gatjil, then Chair of ATSIC, who was supportive, and Richard C promised substantial backing. Nick Minchin also helped – another anomaly. Ernie could see what was about to happen to the coming generation and wanted a community justice program which UFPA would coordinate with Kimberley elders. Ernie was a strategic thinker and had he not passed away from the Asbestos legacy of the irresponsible Hancocks, he would have done a lot more for Firsts across the north.

12. Motelier

struth, I wasn’t talking about you. However Captain Oblivious has just change socks.

Motelier
    #2666260, posted on March 20, 2018 at 10:46 pm

Don’t you find it strange that people are proud of their convict heritage?
    Looks like the ‘apples falling from trees’ principle applies.
    Scum then scum now.

Ernie Dingo.

15. Motelier

Bugger, I just foun a shortage of ” ‘s” on my keyboar .

16. nemkat

What famous person are you descended from, Motelier?
    Pagliacci?

17. struth

What you are saying, Cohenite, is that it is okay for aboriginals to take other aboriginals land and women’ , destroy their way of life, and murder them if they resist, and repeat that over thousands of years.
    Then pretend nothing happened, and blame the victors that brought you out of the stone age, every chance you get.

18. Motelier

Don’t you find it strange that people are proud of their convict heritage?
    Looks like the ‘apples falling from trees’ principle applies.
    Scum then scum now.

Yep, still trying to find my famous ancestor. Nada Zilch. Nothing.

19. testpattern

‘Then pretend nothing happened, and blame the victims every chance you get’

Bbbb-but that’s what racists do. Do wall geckos climb walls? [from the Tao of Gecko, T.Pattern, unpublished

20. struth

Who the fuck cares who termed the phrase firsts.
    A dickhead racist.

Anyone who knows anything about the bush knows that aboriginals vote the way the travelling AEC guys that go out to the communities tell them to.
    It’s as corrupt as hell .
    Testes once again shows his book learning when it comes to aboriginal issues.
    Urban fuckwit.
    Lucky if he’s been further North than Joondalup.

21. struth

I realised that, Motelier, I was just using it to have more fun twisting the racist bowels of our sock puppets and trolls.

22. It’s simple enough, struth. Firsts are First Peoples, aka Indigenous Peoples or Aboriginal Peoples.

Rae, you left out the Australian pygmies. Just because they became extinct does not mean they weren’t here before the Aboriginal Peoples.
    I am enjoying your use of plurals to include every single tribe in the indigenous population. A bit like “every child wins a prize”, you say that all aboriginals were first.
    Rubbish. Practically imposible.

23. Motelier

Just wondering out loud here. Seeing as how I can’t find any famous ancestors in my family tree, does that make me a first?

🤓

24. Helen

calli
    #2665923, posted on March 20, 2018 at 5:51 pm

Sheesh. Saying I like areff’s pome is “fawning”?

No, I think he meant ‘fawn like’, calli

25. struth

Don’t make their brains hurt too much OSC, they’re still busy putting people into racial grid positions according to skin colour, First second and third, etc, and handicap positions etc.
    The white ones get a 200 year handicap, and the males aren’t even allowed to compete. and a brown child born yesterday is a first, or some such.
    It’s hard to work out, but then reason was never important to their historic brethren, the Nazis, either.

Old School Conservative
    #2666282, posted on March 20, 2018 at 11:05 pm

Rubbish. Practically imposible.

That’s an interesting concept OSC. Never thought of that.
    But it is possible that only one or two tribes arrived and due to scarcity of resources they separated geographically and the many languages evolved.

I’m not a linguist, someone who is, could tell us if the many different dialects are just that, dialects, or separate individual languages.

27. struth

There were roughly 200 different aboriginal languages spoken, each with many, many dialects.
    This was common knowledge for many years, but like most bullshitters associated with changing the facts for political purposes, all sorts of tosh is written these days.

You know, message sticks meant aboriginals had written language and people saw entire towns and civilisation, full brick homes with plumbing and fields of wheat swaying in the breeze upon European settlement.
    They were all quietly working on the space shuttle and didn’t notice the white sails into Pt Jackson.

28. nemkat

Some information:
    Despite the title, the article states that there were hundreds of these people at Kuranda in 1962, so i’d be interested to know how and when they ”went extinct”.

29. None

If I recall correctly, anthropologists believe there were at least three waves of Aboriginal migration to Australia. Yes Aboriginals are migrants as well. This really was terra nullus before it was terra nullius.
    I believe some Aboriginal tribes wiped out other Aboriginal tribes. Some of these were documented by the first European settlers. I vaguely remember being told that Aboriginal people around the Gippsland area were wiped out by the mob from around the Melbourne area – something like that. I confess Aboriginal history just bores me but those who are inclined could probably dig up some very inconvenient truths from the archaeological, anthropological, and historical record.

30. Motelier

I am off to bed. Had enough fun with Captain Oblivious tonight.

Play hard and play fair peeps. Just darn the socks.

31. struth

If you knew anything about Kuranda you would know that’s cannibal country.
    A pigmy isn’t a complete meal, but a nourishing snack.

32. struth

Yeah enough.
    Better things to do.

Have fun.

33. twostix

Australia and Australians are a nation of people not a geographical location and not a retarded provincial government in some dinky town inside NSW.

Not everyone sitting on this landmass is an Australian, not even ones holding a piece of paper from the failed commonwealth governance experiment.

Calling abos “first Australians” shows the mental retardness of the person speaking.

34. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Gee, just looked in again. That sent P right off, didn’t it? Sudden memories of Mt. Druitt where I spent some of my childhood. How about Colyton, P? My dad had his dream go at farming on rented acres there. P’s not wrong, there was once a stock car race track in Mt. Druitt, later moved to Eastern Creek I think. Big Sis’s first husband was a racer there. Car crazy; he busted himself up badly when she was pregnant with their first baby. OK, P. let’s hear you do St. Mary’s now. Hit the history books. Plus Rooty Hill. And then Penrith. After that, Blacktown. Up and down the line. Maybe you are real, P. I’ve proved I am. But you certainly do line up well with Grigs. Maybe you should drop that connection and show your real self. And quit doing a Grigs on me. Otherwise, you’re just trolling, a sock, a stand-in like Robbie Mac, the ‘lady from Queensland’. Old ladies, if real, should not be like that on blogs. If they have good and genuine memories then it’s great to hear them. Plenty here appreciate that from an independent person; not from a sock.

Jury still out.

35. None

The first page of volume 1 of Manning Clarke’s history. He has the three wave throry too. With pygmies first.

36. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Just darn the socks.

Doing my best, Mote. I want to give P the benefit of the doubt. That’s all.

Hairy now playing ‘some day when the world is old and the world is cold I will feel a glow just thinking of you and the way you look tonight’. My dear sweet Ape. Hairy now discussing the characters in ‘A Gentleman in Moscow’. He’s fond of Osip too. Just the way you look tonight, he is singing at me. He absolutely loved Osip’s falling in love with American movies, especially ‘Fyodor Astaire’. That cracked him up.

Oh dear, now he’s playing ‘Over the Rainbow’. Skies are blue.
    Daring to dream. Must be time for bed.

37. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

And goodnight Vera Lynn. Happy Birthday, lovely one. 101 and still in.
    Bluebirds. P. The only real lasting present ever got from my parents was a little locket on a chain with an enamel bluebird on the front of it when I was ten. They went to Parramatta together, the big smoke, to buy it. One for me, and one for my sister.

That bird flew away long ago.

Shut up, Hairy. We’ll meet again in five minutes, for bed.

38. Fat Tony

Weren’t the Lake Mungo people Asiatic/Chinese? And 50,000 – 60,000 years ago?

Until it was decided that sorta fucked up the “First” bullshit – then it became a “sacred site” and no more digging.

39. zyconoclast

French ex-President Sarkozy arrested over Gaddafi funding links

SARKO SNARED French ex-president Nicolas Sarkozy arrested over ‘receiving £42million in illegal campaign funds from dead Libyan dictator Gaddafi’

The head line is confusing.
    Did he get the money before or after Gaddafi died?

40. Good point zyno. Mueller needs to look into electoral interference by Zombie Stalin.

A man goes out for dinner and a couple of glasses of good red wine, and you mob let Grogarly out to play? Shame!

Poor old Bob Mueller.
    First the anthrax debacle and now this.

The thing about the anthrax blunder that says a lot about the man is that he never apologised.

When Comey and Mueller Bungled the Anthrax Case.

Two dogs told him Hatfill did it. That’s not a joke.

… Mueller, who micromanaged the anthrax case and fell in love with the dubious dog evidence, personally assured Ashcroft and presumably George W. Bush that in Steven Hatfill the bureau had its man.

In 2008, after … the Justice Department had formally exonerated Hatfill – and paid him $5.82 million in a legal settlement – Mueller could not be bothered to walk across the street to attend the press conference announcing the case’s resolution. When reporters did ask him about it, Mueller was graceless. “I do not apologize for any aspect of the investigation,” he said, adding that it would be erroneous “to say there were mistakes.”

43. twostix

Mueller like all high level public servants of the current age is a dumb person who thinks he’s smart, egged on by the retarded leftwing loser controlled pop-culture that has turned retarded public servants into Very Smart, Very Serious People(tm).

I like him just where he is, Trump is using him.

44. Looking forward to hearing about the follow up Channel Four report on Cambridge Analytica, focusing on the Trump campaign.

45. I like him just where he is, Trump is using him.

Of course 26 is all in on #TheStorm.

a dumb person who thinks he’s smart

The Dunning-Kruger is strong with this one.

46. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Mark A at 11:14 pm:

“Old School Conservative
    #2666282, posted on March 20, 2018 at 11:05 pm

It’s simple enough, struth. Firsts are First Peoples, aka Indigenous Peoples or Aboriginal Peoples.”

I wonder when Ernie Dingo stumbled and lurched about in ’77, as was his habit, and invented deep seated 40,000 year historical facts, did he mumble any guidance about this “peopleses” affectation?

Is it derived, for example, from the same place that we used to refer to the Italianses, Greekses and Argentinianses?

Oh Okay, thanks for letting us what the Left is now up to, Monst. Wussiagate has gone nowhere for the past couple of years, so you’re now focused on Cambridge Analytics as the new Wussiagate. That’s going to really score some goals, you fat lesbian.

Mueller listened to two dogs to frame Hatfill.
    Think about that.
    This is not a bright person.

Monst

I gotta tell you, the Cambridge Analytica stuff is the biggest fucking nothingburger I’ve seen so far. My humble suggestion is that you drop it and head back to the Wussiagate bullshit. That’s less of a nothingburger than this new version, you enlarged lesso.

This UK government government needs a decent fucking slapping, judging from this story.

Cambridge A possibly did work for an American campaign, using date sourced from an American firm possibly about American voters. So why is the UK government investigating Facebook and the Cambridge firm. It did no investigation of Christopher Steele’s firm and its activities in the US election.
    The US ought to put the hard word on these limeys to fuck off.

Pound for pound (no pun) Russia would be a better ally to the US than the UK under these nominally conservative cretins. May is hopeless.

Ben Shapiro at The Hill just fired a kill shot at the Cambridge A phony scandal:

What’s genius for Obama is scandal when it comes to Trump.

On Sunday, The Guardian reported on the supposedly nefarious workings of President Trump’s data-gathering team at Cambridge Analytica. The report suggested that Cambridge Analytica had essentially issued questionnaires through a third party; those questionnaires, which were personality quizzes, requested that you use your Facebook login. Cambridge Analytica then compiled data regarding those who completed the quiz and cross-referenced that data with political preferences in order to target potential voters.

This isn’t particularly shocking. In 2012, The Guardian reported that President Obama’s re-election team was “building a vast digital data operation that for the first time combines a unified database on millions of Americans with the power of Facebook to target individual voters to a degree never achieved before.”

What, exactly, would Obama be doing? According to The Guardian, Obama’s new database would be gathered by asking individual volunteers to log into Obama’s re-election site using their Facebook credentials. “Consciously or otherwise,” The Guardian states, “the individual volunteer will be injecting all the information they store publicly on their Facebook page — home location, date of birth, interests and, crucially, network of friends — directly into the central Obama database.”

Facebook had no problem with such activity then. They do now. There’s a reason for that. The former Obama director of integration and media analytics stated that, during the 2012 campaign, Facebook allowed the Obama team to “suck out the whole social graph”; Facebook “was surprised we were able to suck out the whole social graph, but they didn’t stop us once they realized that was what we were doing.” She added, “They came to [the] office in the days following election recruiting & were very candid that they allowed us to do things they wouldn’t have allowed someone else to do because they were on our side.”

Read on …

53. Nerblnob

54. I well remember the media gushing approvingly over Obama team’s use of social media when their preferred candidate won.

That is because Obama was “hip” & did not use the data to spread “fake news”

Re Trump, the Cambridge Analytica story is dead.
    An investigation leads straight to Barack Obama.

56. classical_hero

Officially the UK is a Fascist state. Count Dankula was found guilty of causing “gross offense”. Basically you can raep little girls, but if you joke about something then you’re potentially off to prison.

57. Motellier:

Yep, still trying to find my famous ancestor. Nada Zilch. Nothing.

My most famous ancestor was a bloke who died in the first car crash in England.
    Apparently he’d made a car but forgot it needed brakes. Ran it down a hill to get it started, then he realised at the bottom of the hill, it was a T intersection/track/horsepath, and he went headfirst into the stone wall, thinking “A Braking Mechanism. We Need a Braking Mechanism.”
    The Coroner said it was a useless and tragic death and should never happen again.
    True story.

58. None

I was wondering why it was quiet regarding Pell. Then I went to have a look. Bloody hell. This is just outrageous, absolutely outrageous. These so called victims are demented and this hearing is already a farce. https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/national/cardinal-george-pell-could-face-fresh-charges-after-new-witness-statement-emerges-20180320-p4z58q.html

59. None

AT LEAST 20 Labor MPs are implicated in the rorts-for-votes scandal that has engulfed the Andrews Government in a political crisis.Victoria’s Ombudsman Deborah Glass will release a bombshell report at 10am on Wednesday into ALP misuse of taxpayer funds to pay

I hope the criminas get charged and end up in jail. Andrews included.

How to not have a school massacre:

Shooter dead, two injured after shooting at Great Mills High School in Maryland

A gunman who shot and wounded two students at Great Mills High School in Maryland was killed Tuesday after engaging an armed school resource officer, an official said.

The shooter was the only fatality. A female student was critically injured and a male student was also shot but is in stable condition at a hospital, authorities said.

“Our school resource officer was alerted to the event. he pursued the shooter, engaged the shooter, fired a round at the shooter,” St. Mary’s County Sheriff Tim Cameron said. “The shooter fired a round as well. In the hours and days to come, we’ll be able to determine if our school resource officer’s round struck the shooter.”

The resource officer, who wasn’t immediately identified, was not injured. Cameron said the gunman died after being transported to a local hospital.

Well done that brave and resourceful resource officer!
    The contrast with the fiasco in the SJW epicentre of Broward County is stark.

61. Up The Workers!

How long will it be before Hillary and the Dimocrats blame Trump for interference in the Russian election?

62. Anthony

Who publishes a thing called the new daily?

63. nemkat

Something to do with the Unions.

Well, well. After months and months of silence:

Officer who fatally shot Justine Damond charged with murder, turns himself in

The criminal complaint remained sealed by midday Tuesday, but according to the jail roster Noor was booked on a third-degree murder charge for perpetrating an eminently dangerous act while showing a “depraved mind.” The second-degree manslaughter charge alleges he acted with “culpable negligence creating unreasonable risk.”

65. johanna

areff’s pome was the opposite of pretentious, but even if it wasn’t, so what?

areff is a true romantic, which is why his love life has been rocky. Tell me about it. 🙂

C.L. seems to think that it is better that Quadrant dies than that it publishes poetry that he doesn’t like. How childish and petulant can you get.

Notably absent from C.L.’s critique are examples of the poetry that he thinks they should be publishing.

How about it, C.L.?

66. Tintarella di Luna

The special treatment of aboriginals, regardless of whether positive or negative is stupid. As is the idea that since they were here first, which the current mob most certainly were not, they are better or deserve preferential treatment. All support of aboriginals above and beyond what any other citizen is eligible for should cease immediately.

It’s only the industry leeches that don’t want that to happen.

67. johanna

DrBeauGan
    #2665884, posted on March 20, 2018 at 5:14 pm

My objection to Lizzie’s use of the term peripatetic isn’t that I don’t understand the word, it’s that she doesn’t. She probably meant planetic but doesn’t know the word.

Nah, she’s an intellecshual with perky boobs and harbour views and lotsa diamonds. Just ask her.

As an earlier commenter noticed, the word was used about her, not the subject matter. She can’t bear not to be the subject and the object in any situation. Me! Me! Me!

68. nemkat

She’s always the Sobject.

69. Rae

Well done that brave and resourceful resource officer!
    The contrast with the fiasco in the SJW epicentre of Broward County is stark.

Stark contrast indeed. The Broward County perp was firing an AR-15. The Great Mills shooter had only a handgun.

70. Herodotus

My vote is for the perky intellectual. The other three sourpusses immediately above need to spark up their offerings.

71. johanna

I started off with the word ‘peripatetic’ to make it clear that I write as no literary specialist

… and on she goes, because everything is about Me.

Nobody who is reading a book review cares about your personal stuff, except you. They just want to read a book review, FFS.

I’m enjoying this. Princess Perky Tits just digs herself in deeper and deeper.

72. Rae

Erky Perky writes fiction. The “other three” deal in facts.

73. Matthew Guy should be romping it in.

What is wrong with the lnp?

Still waiting for east west link.

Lnp are limp wristed #metooers

age article from yesterday on Vic Labor rorts allegations

74. Entropy

It’s quite depressing the nasty toilet this place becomes during the wee small hours.

75. johanna

Heh, reading on, I find that Our Lizzie is hyper-sensitive to any kind of criticism, and has to respond every time. Why, her use of a single word requires multiple justifying posts. Poor little snowflake.

Cheer up, hun. When JC (who has never met me) called me an ugly, drunken, fat, whore I took no notice. But then, I am not an inteleshual with perky tits, a perfect husband and harbour views.

No wonder you feel threatened by even the slightest questioning of your omniscience, brilliance and integrity.

We’ll draw a veil over the lies you told about Hubby 1.

76. Rae

Whap! Was that the sound of a distant rake impacting a certain blogger?

I hear the sound of silence, Bruce. The ‘distant blogger” is safe. A story sourced from the wild imaginings of an unnamed writer at DC Whispers has no credibility. None whatsoever.

77. Herodotus

Peter Schweizer’s new book exposing corruption in high places in the USA looks like being essential reading. Here’s a taste of the shenanigans a certain past president got up to with his mates via regulations.
    Link

78. Via Baysima Faysal on Twitter who also makes a comment about Australian muslim apologists and their wacky PhDs.

Ordinary people are becoming less and less impressed with university credentials.

Why is that?
    Tariq Ramadan University credentials

79. What is wrong with Germany?

It has embarked on a slow strangulated suicide.

suspected jihadist must get his job back

Noor has been charged with murder over Justine Damond’s shooting.

81. johanna

someone online commented re this and I thought they, and thus you now, were correct re that. I was thinking more of the varying hair-colours on display, one quite purple one stuck in my mind. I raised the matter with Keith Windschuttle and asked him to drop the term ‘blue-rinse’ for the hard copy version, which he did. Mentioning ‘gaggles of matrons’ is fair comment, I think. I could be amongst them, after all!! T

I raised the matter with Keith – of course you did. Why, you and Keith are practically related! You got your heads together and sorted out this little embarrassment.

I am going to stop commenting on this farce, because it rewards Lizzie’s raison d etre – people need to be talking about Me! Me! Me!

My thin skin and imagined slights make me important.

I will write a review of The Broken Shore for Quadrant for nothing, and I guarantee that there will not be a hint of me in it.

Sorry, Bruce is way ahead of me. I’ll take the derg for a walk to clear the cobwebs.

83. Snoopy

Pure coincidence.

84. OldOzzie

NOOR CHARGED IN DAMOND SHOOTING

According to jail records, Noor is charged with third degree murder “perpetrating eminently dangerous act and evincing depraved mind” and second-degree manslaughter, “culpable negligence creating unreasonable risk.”

85. Mother Lode

That is because Obama was “hip“

It is amazing anyone ever believed that.

The only reason the spineless jug-eared pretender was able to stand upright was because his head was full of hot air. Just a glance at his physique shows his torso and limbs just hang. Just the big airy head kept him buoyant for eight years. All that waffle and twaddle.

Has their been a President more diminished than he?

He had all those column inches lavishing praise on him. The had to keep journos away from power cables at his speeches in case the tingling yellow liquid of professional integrity cascaded down their legs. He was going to establish a shadow White House to keep an eye on Trump.

Now he gives secret speeches in universities and watches CNN to see how close revelations of misconduct skate around him. And always in a house with the unendingly ravenous Michelle prowling – tiny morsel of a man he is.

86. Rae

Third degree murder is “no intent to kill”. Seems like Noors lawyer has negotiated a deal with the prosecutor.

87. After another Aleppo type propaganda campaign on the suffering of the civilians of East Ghouta, that completely ignored the suffering of cilivians in peaceful suburbs of Damascus from positions inside East Ghouta, all, apparently, is now quite on the East Ghouta front.

Thomas Victor has the quiet hand of the Gulf Cooperative Council behind this.

I had no idea such a body was involved in the neverending war in Syria.

What next?

Elections?

Home time for millions of refugees eager to rebuild their broken country?

Btw

Who can forget Tony Burke’s attendance at a western Sydney function celebrating the second anniversary of the war in Syria?

How many lives on the altar of the Muslim Brotherhood now?

What sort of people celebrate being at war?

Thomas Wictor on Assad driving through East Ghouta in a non armoured vehicle

I hear the sound of silence, Bruce. The ‘distant blogger” is safe.

Rae – I wasn’t referring to you but to our resident wrongologist M0nty.

I’ve not watched the linked video, which is an interview between the ex-FBI Assistant Director and Maria Bartiromo, to see what is said. Maybe you should watch it before shooting the messenger.

89. Is Noor being charged with being a completely useless and unsuitable diversity hire so lacking in judgement and so incapable of rational thought that he shot across the body of his partner and killed an innocent woman because he was spooked by a loud noise?

He should sue his employer for hiring him when he was clearly incapable of performing the work.

90. Rae

Rae – I wasn’t referring to you but to our resident wrongologist M0nty.

I know that, Bruce. It was obvious from the “rake” reference. As to the video, no thanks. It’s part of the wild imaginings of the contributor at DC Whispers which, as I said, has no credibility.

91. Eyrie

“At least this should ensure Mr Noor doesn’t work as an armed policeman again. Which, given his demonstrated jumpiness, would be prudent.”
    I’d be happy if he didn’t breathe again.

92. Eyrie

Any tribe making an aboriginal land claim should be forced to prove in court that their occupation of said land did not involve displacing/killing another tribe.

93. johanna

I miss Deadman. He would know.

Losing Deadman was a massive blow. I (and others here) chat with him occasionally, and implore him to come back. He isn’t budging.

Such is life – nothing lasts for ever.

Ok, Rae, perhaps you prefer it at Fox News then.

James Kallstrom: Sigh of relief at FBI after McCabe fired

It’s the same video, which if you’d actually looked at the DC Whispers link your would have immediately seen.

Are you going to shoot Fox-the-messenger too?

Andrews Government MPs implicated in Labor rorts for votes scandal
    Matt Johnston, Alex White and James Campbell, Herald Sun
    March 20, 2018 8:15pm

Victoria’s Ombudsman Deborah Glass will release a bombshell report at 10am on Wednesday into ALP misuse of taxpayer funds to pay for campaign staff in a controversial scheme that helped Premier Daniel Andrews win the 2014 election.

More than 20 Labor MPs — ­including some serving Cabinet ministers — are believed to be caught up in the investigation into the election campaign funding rort.

The watchdog’s investigation was sparked by Herald Sun revelations in September 2015 that hundreds of thousands of dollars were diverted from taxpayers to help bankroll an army of grassroots campaigners dubbed “red shirts”.

In other major developments on the eve of the report’s release, the Herald Sun can also reveal:

LABOR figures expect the watchdog to name each of the 20-plus MPs, in a move that will intensify pressure on them to repay the money and threatens to undermine the government leading into this year’s election.

THE amount each MP charged taxpayers varies widely, with some wrongly charging tens of thousands of dollars in staff wages to parliament. The overall sum rorted is hundreds of thousands of dollars.

HUNDREDS of days of red shirts’ campaign work was wrongly charged to the public by the MPs.

TIMESHEETS used to facilitate payments were often filled out in advance, and are expected to come under close scrutiny in the report.

Labor insiders say the state’s ­integrity watchdog is likely to have probed the involvement of Labor’s 2014 campaign committee in ­approving the funding scheme.

Key members of that committee include Mr Andrews, his right-hand man and Special Minister of State Gavin Jennings, Labor’s then state secretary Noah Carroll, ­Attorney-General Martin Pakula, and senior federal MPs such as Kim Carr and former senator Stephen Conroy.

On Tuesday, Deputy Premier James Merlino continued to defend the scheme as a “pooling” of staff, and said the party had acted “within the rules”.

If the findings are as damning as expected, it will put enormous pressure on the ALP to repay the money it misused, as well as an estimated $1 million the Andrews Government wasted on failed legal challenges to the probe.

The Herald Sun revealed on Tuesday the first casualty of the rorts-for-votes scheme, its key architect and former state treasurer John Lenders. He has quit a $90,000-a-year post at rail asset owner VicTrack.

The Herald Sun exposed the scandal in 2015, when Labor whistleblowers said hundreds of days of campaigning before the 2014 state election were paid for by MPs’ taxpayer-funded office budgets. They revealed dozens of ALP staff were hired to pose as electorate officers but were really ­directing 5500 campaign ­volunteers, the “red shirts”.

Most were paid at least two days a week by the Victorian Parliament, despite clearly carrying out ALP business.

Shadow Treasurer Michael O’Brien said any MPs found to have been implicated must pay the price. “Everyone knows you cannot use your electorate staff for party political campaigning,’’ he said.

“When rorting has been found, the people who are responsible apologise, pay back the money and lose their jobs, that’s the standard.’’

He pointed to former Labor minister Steve Herbert, who ferried his dogs in a taxpayer-funded car; and Labor’s former speaker and deputy who rorted tens of thousands from a second-home allowance.

Mr O’Brien said the same standard of punishment must be applied to MPs implicated in this probe.

Greens integrity spokesman Sam Hibbins said: “You have to question why Daniel Andrews committed so much time and public money trying to shut down this investigation. The stench hanging over parliament must be lifted.”

[email protected]

96. johanna

Just watching the Italian News on SBS, and, well, well, they have discovered that there are Muslim gangs targeting underage girls for sex. Of course, The Authorities are shocked and surprised.

Andrews Government MPs implicated in Labor rorts for votes scandal

Not mentioned in the story is that Labor spent a million bucks of our taxes all the way to the HC to try to prevent the Ombudsman’s investigation.
    /disgust

98. Dr Faustus

Once the Rainbow Serpent gets an outing, the Adani project is fucked beyond all recovery:

Adani groundwater plan could permanently drain desert oasis, scientists say

Wangan and Jagalingou elder Adrian Burragubba, an Adani opponent within a group of traditional owners divided over the mine project, said the Doongmabulla Springs was “vitally important” to his people’s law, custom and identity.

“Essentially, it’s the dreaming story of the Rainbow Serpent,” he said.

Shorten could have avoided his Batman contortions.

Oops, it is mentioned. I missed it on first reading. Bad me.

100. Rae

Bruce, I have little regard for Fox, who have long been Trump boosters and originators of fake news. I’m not interested in the video. So, thanks but no thanks.

101. The Dunning-Kruger is strong with this one.

Monty loves rakes. This could be the rake of rakes.

102. Daisy

The police officer who killed the Australian, Justine Damond, in the US has been charged with murder. This has taken far too long but at least it’s happened now.

It sounds like the Mo who murdered Justine Damond has been dropped in it by his partner before the Grand Jury.

104. Andrews Government MPs implicated in Labor rorts for votes scandal

Interesting call from Alan Jones this morning – will the Governor of Victoria sack the government, and if not why not.

105. Boambee John

m0nty
    #2666320, posted on March 21, 2018 at 12:54 am

So are we all, particularly when they get to the bit about the Obama campaign doing the same in 2012, but in their case with assistance from Facechook.

106. Baldrick

All said with a straight face, without mentioning the word Islam once.

Anzac Day parade: Drivers required to have police safety checks for first time
    For the first time this year, drivers who want to participate in this year’s Anzac Day parade in Melbourne will need to undergo a police background check.
    RSL Victoria State secretary Michael Annett said the move was to ensure the safety of the public and veterans.
    Among the other changes, there will no longer be any war-time vehicles or cars built before 2010.
    Mr Annett conceded the vehicles add colour to the parade, but said concerns about emissions and breakdowns would see them excluded this year.

107. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Nick at 7:21 pm:

” Nikki Gemmell seems to be making a profession of taking a personal anecdote and turning it into a scientific fact.
    Not much different from her recent article on toxic male cyclists.

Is she a Cat? She seems vaguely familiar.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk 🙂

I (and others here) chat with him occasionally,

Do you? I’ve been a bit shy to intrude on his personal space, but you guys have known him for much longer. The OT is a step once removed.

Bruce, I have little regard for Fox

Rae – Which news outlets do you have regard for then?

110. herodotus

I’ve met Keith. Very nice chap, very approachable.

111. herodotus

That’s pretty funny – Fox News is way too tawdry and Trump-supportive, originators of fake news – just not good enough for our resident “I’m just here to give you all the shits” gargoolery replicant.

No feeding the troll.

113. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Rae at 8:50 am:

“Good morning Mickses.”

Most hospitable of you Rae … and to you.

114. areff

The ABC has a little clip of a very rude gentleman abusing multicultural staff and “clients” at centrelink in Adelaide. All very shocking and further proof of the inherent racism that pulsates within every Skippy’s soul. But we knew that already.

What I hadn’t realised until the minister put a figure on it:

“It is completely unacceptable for the 35,000 people in my department to go to work and fear that they might be abused or assaulted in this way,” Mr Keenan said.

115. Perhaps African culture is not compatible with western culture

Not even after one generation

Tribal muslim

None of this do unto other nonsense
    January article from American thinker.

116. No doubt Keenan was especially concerned about staff in the head office who would never have seen a ‘client’ in their lives.

Besides which it’s absurd to expect that habitual Centrelink customers are going to be immpecably behaved.

Still if Keenan is really concerned perhaps he should get rid of his ugly depressing open plan offices and have counters and stuff.

117. Zyconoclast

There is a growing disconnect between the role ATAR plays in schools and universities.

Only one in four domestic undergraduate students were admitted to courses based on their ATAR in 2016, down from one in three in 2014. This is at odds with the message reinforced by schools, families and the media – that the ATAR is everything.

The Mitchell Institute, a think tank in Victoria, found universities have been moving away from this system to measure student capability in recent years.
    Instead, they are turning to aptitude tests, interviews, portfolios, auditions, bridging courses, essays and bonus point schemes to determine whether a candidate is a good fit for a course.

Under the policy change, government funding follows students, meaning there are not caps on university places.
    “There’s now not such a need to ration university places, so universities are looking at different ways they can select students,” Ms O’Connell said.

118. Mick Gold Coast QLD

I should add that I saw this accurate summary last night whilst reading through the forum – from Rae on March 19, 2018 at 7:43 pm:

” …
    After what happened in Zimbabwe, anyone who didn’t see the present land grab moves by the ANC to capitalize on anti-white (anti Boer) sentiment coming has only themselves to blame. They should have left SA years ago.”

I first became aware of trouble in South Africa as a 20 year old, when that trouble disturbed my rugby union. I didn’t know much of it then but it didn’t take long to become educated in the issues, including the fall of Ian Smith and the whites in Rhodesia. I have long been bemused why anyone who was around in those times could come to any other conclusion (then and since) to that which you summarise above.

The former head of the military wing of the ANC,Nelson Mandela, offered a reminder, in the mid ’90’s, of the popular view of the ruling tribe when he joined with his black mates to sing about about killing whites.

119. Baldrick

No feeding the troll.

Seems some people just love providing the lubricant for his oily shaft.

Full coverage
    The Australian
    James Packer steps down from Crown board over ‘mental health’ issues
    The Australian 28m ago
    ABC Online
    James Packer resigns from Crown Resorts for ‘personal reasons’
    ABC Online 7m ago
    The Australian Financial Review
    James Packer quits Crown Resorts board for ‘personal reasons’
    The Australian Financial Review 14m ago
    More Articles
    The Sydney Morning Herald
    James Packer quits Crown Resorts for ‘personal reasons’
    The Sydney Morning Herald 29m ago
    Nine
    James Packer quits Crown Resorts board
    Nine 32m ago
    Herald Sun
    James Packer steps down from Crown Resorts for ‘personal reasons’
    Herald Sun 17m ago
    Yahoo7 News
    James Packer resigns as director of Crown Resorts ‘for personal reasons’
    Yahoo7 News 26m ago
    NEWS.com.au
    James Packer resigns from Crown Resorts due to ‘mental health issues’
    NEWS.com.au 10m ago
    Related
    James Packer
    Crown Resorts

121. H B Bear

I hope the criminas get charged and end up in jail. Andrews included.

It’s been a while since a Premier has been send to stone college. Brian Burke was the last one I recall. The Hunchback of Spring Street would be an ideal candidate for next cab off the rank.

122. H B Bear

The EU should provide comfort goats for these medieval savages. PETA may not approve.

123. Infidel Tiger

15th Anniversary of the Iraq invasion – the biggest act of idiocy in western military history. In a thousand years we will still be paying the consequences for this illegal and immoral war and yet the neo-cons are still taken seriously and still surround Trump, filling his orange ears with their lies and evil intents.

The greatest public relations win the A.N.C. had was the re birthing of Nelson Mandela – Mandela had been a member of the Communist Part of South Africa for many years, including serving on the governing body of the Party – the Central Committee – and they don’t come more senior then that.

125. The Channel Four piece didn’t disappoint. The next few weeks will be a race to see which journo can uncover the strongest links between Cambridge Analytica and the Russians. There’s already snaps of the CEO at a polo field with the Russian ambassador. This story has more legs than a millipede.

Those hot takes from JC at one o’clock look pretty stupid now!

Breaking …
    Hillary has booked a moving van to shift her pantsuit collection into the White House!
    Any day now …

127. Stimpson J. Cat

universities are looking at different ways they can select students

Mental Illness Scholarships!!!

Mental Diversity!!!

At last.

128. Top Ender

The full article on Anzac Day drivers and vehicles, from the ABC:

Anzac Day parade: Drivers required to have police safety checks for first time
    By Jonathan Hair

The move is among a number of changes to the parade announced by the organisers, RSL Victoria.

“From a security sense, there’s been obviously a focus on that whole interface between pedestrians and vehicles for a range of reasons we all understand,” Mr Annett said.

“[It is] to ensure obviously, that we’ve got an idea of the drivers’ background and fitness to participate in the march.”

Mr Annett said that type of concern has been expressed to the RSL and they are always “very mindful of advice” around security.

“We have to provide a safe environment for our veterans and those who come along, either to support them as their marching, or to support as spectators from the sidelines,” he said.

No more vintage transportation

Cars are often used to ferry veterans too frail to march in the parade.

It followed an incident at the Melbourne march in 2011, when a World War II vintage truck lurched forward and injured a group of veterans.

“They’ve got people marching behind them, in front of them, and sometimes vehicles actually need to come to a complete stop and idle for a period of time,” he said.

“The RACV have very generously offered to essentially coordinate the veterans’ support vehicles for the march this year, so this is the first year we’re doing this.

“We’re really very grateful to the car clubs that have supported us in the past, we’ve written to them all.”

Some cars, which have had modern modifications, will be allowed in the parade, on a case-by-case basis.

Infidel Tiger

#2666458, posted on March 21, 2018 at 10:10 am

We whupped those ‘Raqi asses good.

130. Hydra

ABC still yet to report the VIC Labor rorting.

131. Stimpson J. Cat

James Packer resigns from Crown Resorts due to ‘mental health issues’

Come to me my corpulent child.
    Pay me an exorbitant fee to fix you.

132. H B Bear

For someone who loves a Nothingburger why is mUnty so fat?

Years ago when a “Work for the Dole” program was being proposed I saw this graffiti …

“Dealing with Centerlink IS working for the dole”

134. EvilElvis

concerns about emissions

Ffs! The next idiot who has concern for emissions should be gaffer taped in their post 2010 car with garden hose ‘accessory’ attached. Fucking green slime bullshit!

135. thefrolickingmole

the biggest act of idiocy in western military history.

The mistake being thinking Saddam wasnt sitting on a festering pile of tribal spastics and keeping them under control by being “worse” to anyone who poked their heads up.

Further proof can be seen in Libya, parts of Syria and a brief spasm of sub-moronity in Egypt.

136. notafan

Are the Anzac organisers worried a mustafa might get a car driving gig for the parade?

We continue to pay that muslim tax,

in so many innovative and agile ways!

137. lotocoti

There’s already snaps of the CEO at a polo field with the Russian ambassador.

Well that’s it then.
    Half a million bucks for a speech on cigar humidors is nothing compared to this.
    Time to put Marine One on alert 5 Donald.

138. Anthony

What a government: $400k stolen from the Victorian people by fraud; $400k wasted in unnecessary legal expenses; $1.3B thrown away by not building the EW link. Must be some sort of record to go to the people with! And take a quick shuffty at the massive, improperly considered plans they have on the table to disrupt Melbourne into the foreseeable future. FMD – oops, too late!

139. Infidel Tiger

James Packer resigns from Crown Resorts due to ‘mental health issues’

Judging by his size it’s unlikely to be meth, so I am saying it’s cocaine.

Hahahaha!!! Wussia! Wussia! Wussia!

Hey Crooked! One of your zombie trolls is still wandering around the jungle who thinks the war of 2016 is still going. You’d better get him aboard your 2024 campaign as the Australia vote will be crucial. Hahaha.

#StupidestPeopleEverBorn.

141. Infidel Tiger

We whupped those ‘Raqi asses good.

Any moment now we will find the “Weapons of Mass Destruction” and be greeted by millions of grateful Iraqis bearing sweets, craving democracy.

142. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From notafan at 9:15 am:

“Perhaps African culture is not compatible with western culture

Not even after one generation

Tribal muslim

None of this do unto other nonsense
    January article from American thinker.

That’s a worthy reference notafan, about primitive people who routinely defecate and die in the street.

What I read there is the account which honest teachers would offer to school children. They don’t because they are universally dishonest and absent integrity, from pre-school to university. They have minimal interest in imparting knowledge for objective analysis.

The linked article echoes what Schweitzer had to say long ago. There is nothing new in any of it, its just hidden away. We learned of him in the ’60’s and I doubt his name is mentioned anywhere now.

From the first commenter in notafan’s linked article:

Albert Schweitzer published his “African Notebook” in 1939.
    It contained the following passage, excised from subsequent editions:

“I have given my life to try to alleviate the sufferings of Africa. There is something that all white men who have lived here like I must learn and know: that these individuals are a sub-race. They have neither the intellectual, mental, or emotional abilities to equate or to share equally with white men in any function of our civilization. I have given my life to try to bring them the advantages which our civilization must offer, but I have become well aware that we must retain this status: the superior and they the inferior. For whenever a white man seeks to live among them as their equals they will either destroy him or devour him. And they will destroy all of his work. Let white men from anywhere in the world, who would come to Africa, remember that you must continually retain this status; you the master and they the inferior like children that you would help or teach. Never fraternize with them as equals. Never accept them as your social equals or they will devour you. They will destroy you.”

Second biggest.
    Biggest was potting Gaddafi.
    Bush didn’t know that muzzies were unreformable, Obama by then most certainly did.
    Libya is a bigger mess than Iraq atm, but the MSM doesn’t report it because magic.

144. Andreas

Breaking …

Has mOnty moved into her garden shed yet?

When JC (who has never met me) called me an ugly, drunken, fat, whore

Ronery and MemoryFault and others were both threatened with the boot for creating false (fake) bullshit and so should Madam Gin.

I’ve never referred to Johanna as a whore and she knows this because I’ve corrected her several times. I called her an attention whore, wholly different, which she is also aware. Envy ridden, mendacious liars with mental issues are a dime a dozens at the Cat these days.

H B Bear

#2666467, posted on March 21, 2018 at 10:26 am

For someone who loves a Nothingburger why is mUnty so fat?

Every time be steps on a rake his mummy gives him a biscuit.

Judging by his size it’s unlikely to be meth, so I am saying it’s cocaine.

Nup.
    Definitely bong munchies.

Wait, what?
    Social Services employs 35,000 people?

Mueller has put his best two canines onto it.

PETA may not approve.

PETA has a lower victimology rating than the RoP.

Anger over BBC ‘promoting Halal slaughter’ on Countryfile (20Mar)

I wonder when ABC’s Landline will mosey down to Lakema for Ramadan rituals?

151. Roger.

Bush didn’t know that muzzies were unreformable…

He ought to have after his father’s sacrifice of American troops in Somalia.

152. BoN;

I wonder if Mr Noor thought he was enforcing, and had the right to enforce, Sharia dress law?

153. notafan

I am not so sure Mick

Abandoning tribal muslim ways seems to be the ke.y

North African was once part of Roman Civilization, after all.

154. Baldrick

Bwhahahaha, here’s your pink haired whistle-blower m0nty.

Too funny. Bwhahahaha.

155. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

We’ll draw a veil over the lies you told about Hubby 1.

Tinta now has all the details she needs to clarify that no lies were told there. You have been previously asked to comply with blog rules about not trying to access personal data concerning other commenters should they rather unwarily leave themselves open to stalkers on some small point mentioned. Even more is that the case when the information sought concerns the privacy of a third person who does not come here. Fortunately you got nowhere.

Your ‘me’ shrill is nonsense. See a shrink for some insight into your behavior. There are many things I could say about your ravings upthread, but apart from protecting my own integrity and the identity of someone in my life to whom the sentiments in areff’s poem may still apply, I have no interest in any further discourse with you.

156. struth

Good Moaning.

For those of you on facebook, could I please ask a question or two.

Due to my recently finished work as a musician until the end of September at least, and for other reasons I have purposefully stayed non political on facebook.
    Now I am not playing until September and because I am getting older and feel it’s my duty to speak up, I laid into Sarah Sea Patrol with a right wing rave in the comments.
    I don’t usually look at facebook very much and it has only been for business and very neutral.
    The good blokes I know who agree with me were over the moon but I wonder how much I can get away with before being banned by the left gestapo.
    Facebook is not Catallaxy

Do we get to see Mueller do a backflip-with-pike then M0nty?

Special counsel Robert Mueller has focused on events since the election — not during the campaign — in his conversations with President Trump’s lawyers, Axios reported Monday.

“That suggests a focus on obstruction of justice while in office, rather than collusion with Russia during the campaign,” the report said.

I can’t quite work out how you can obstruct an investigation when investigator has just admitted there’s no crime to investigate. But I’m sure Mueller is agile enough to land his backflip when he performs it.

It’ll give him practice for when he needs to exercise in a 4 x 3 cell.

158. OneWorldGovernment

LOL

struth
    #2666494, posted on March 21, 2018 at 10:58 am

Good Moaning.

For those of you on facebook, could I please ask a question or two.

Facebook is not Catallaxy

struth

expect a knock on the door very soon.

NATIONAL AFFAIRS
    Gillespie challenge thrown out
    The Australian
    10:37AM March 21, 2018
    Rachel Baxendale
    Reporter
    Canberra
    @rachelbaxendale

National Party frontbencher David Gillespie will not face a High Court challenge in relation to questions over whether he had contravened Section 44 of the constitution by owning a shopping centre which received rent from an Australia Post outlet.

Peter Alley, who unsuccessfully ran as the Labor candidate for Dr Gillespie’s NSW Central Coast seat of Lyne, had attempted to bring the challenge in the High Court as a common informer.

The court has this morning found Mr Alley’s challenge invalid.

Breaking news, from the Oz

160. Woolfe

I would stay away from any political comments on Facecrook if you use it for business.

161. H B Bear

Fat Jamie should be on the back of his yacht in the Med banging Russian hookers. At least that’s what I’d be doing in his position.

Or some exercise.

162. The Barking Toad

Or some exercise.

Banging Russian hookers isn’t exercise?

163. Infidel Tiger

This is the worst excuse I have ever heard. Completely beneath you to take this contemptible and illogical line.

All it would have taken is one single person in his administration to have read a history book. The fact is they lied and ignored all available evidence and 2 Millenia of historical observations.

Obama was reasonably careful in the Mid East compared to GWB who should be executed for war crimes and rampant idiocy.

164. OneWorldGovernment

Woolfe
    #2666501, posted on March 21, 2018 at 11:07 am

+1000

struth.

I used to be on facechook but deleted myself many years ago.

You only have to look at m0nty creaming his ‘genes’ about analytica whilst ignoring all the stories of ‘the ONE’ using facebook information back at the time.

165. Roger.

Anger over BBC ‘promoting Halal slaughter’ on Countryfile (20Mar)

Naturally, when the BBC wants to interview an imam it goes to Hampshire, not Tower Hamlets or Blackburn.

166. Report: Special Counsel Robert Mueller Focusing on Trump Obstruction, Not Collusion (19 Mar)

Bruce, a couple of things. First, Mueller’s team is investigating many more things than the shortlist he says he is going to ask Trump about, and he doesn’t require Trump’s testimony on all of them. Second, maybe the reason he doesn’t need Trump’s testimony on charges pointing to Trump is that he’s already building a watertight case without them.

Either way, we are all grasping at shadows with Mueller at the moment because he runs a tight ship. It’s fun to speculate, but we don’t know much for sure.

The case against the Iraq War is still post hoc baloney. Iraq was connected to Al Qaeda (as the Clinton Administration officially concluded), it was attempting to acquire yellowcake and it had maintained and used WMD. Following 9/11, this confluence of facts was rightly adjudged dangerous to American and Western security. If Saddam Hussein was still in power, you wouldn’t be dodging trucks on the boulevards of Europe; you’d be dodging dirty bombs that razed entire city blocks. The decision to invade the country was not “based on a lie.” The worst foreign policy error of the modern era was not the one to invade Iraq; it was the decision of the Clinton Administration to do absolutely nothing about the escalating Islamic terrorism of the 1990s. And let’s not afford an iota of credibility to the ludicrous claim that the war was driven by “neo-cons.” The most trenchant and persistent anti-Saddam advocates were all Democrats. Indeed, Bush the ‘reach across the aisle’ guy was almost certainly acting in the belief that he was politically covered domestically because the consensus that existed on Iraq was so longstanding and voluble. Little did he realise – as he should have – that the Democrats and the media (same thing) had 50 years of experience on spinning wars they caused or supported as Republican blunders that had to be opposed (and lost) at all cost. I wish the war had never happened – and, yes, I resent and lament the deaths of so many heroes (and civilians) for people incapable of civility and modernity – but a dictator who’d slaughtered a million people was never going to die in his bed; nor should such an evil bastard ever be permitted to do so.

168. H B Bear

Banging Russian hookers isn’t exercise?

Not in my book. They should be doing all the work. I’ll ask The Donald next time I see him what he thinks.

LOL.
    He is one of the most incompetent clowns ever to handle major prosecutorial matters in US history.
    One word: anthrax.

170. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Senegal was not a hellhole. Very poor people can lead happy, meaningful lives in their own cultures’ terms. But they are not our terms. The excrement is the least of it. Our basic ideas of human relations, right and wrong, are incompatible.
    As a twenty-one-year-old starting out in the Peace Corps, I loved Senegal. In fact, I was euphoric. I quickly made friends and had an adopted family. I relished the feeling of the brotherhood of man. People were open, willing to share their lives and, after they knew you, their innermost thoughts.
    The longer I lived there, the more I understood: it became blindingly obvious that the Senegalese are not the same as us. The truths we hold to be self-evident are not evident to the Senegalese. How could they be? Their reality is totally different. You can’t understand anything in Senegal using American terms.

From that excellent American Thinker article linked upthread by Notfan (many thanks for that).

As a young woman living for almost a year in Sri Lanka with her first child I felt exactly the same. I had good friends there amongst the women, cordial relationships with some of the more Westernised men, and took a good look around at the culture, the fecal smell of it permeating everywhere, especially the beaches, and come to the conclusion of the writer of the above. And I couldn’t wait to get home, to leave it all behind, a nightmare I had agreed to thoughtlessly, blinded by ideological preconceptions; it was the start of my querying of the leftism which I had imbued at university. Other cultures need to solve their own problems their own way and we should be both grateful and protective of what we have in the advanced West. We are not, of course, being anything like protective enough.

171. Hahaha! Nice trolling.

Chelsea Clinton ✔ @ChelseaClinton
    Mr. President, thank you for recognizing the @ClintonFdn’s work with Adapt Pharma to prevent opioid overdose deaths and save lives. cc @realDonaldTrump https://twitter.com/cahnemily/status/975811413158621185

7:01 AM – Mar 20, 2018

monster

Since, Mueller’s investigation began, can you tell us who has been charged with collusion? Curious.

173. OneWorldGovernment

m0nty

Have you ever considered that it suits Trump to have the Mueller nothing burger hanging out the front all the while that the real work is being done behind closed doors?

You obviously know nothing about proper investigations.

174. There is no such charge as collusion, JC, as you know. I suspect Mueller’s going to make further use of the charge of conspiracy against the United States, as he did with Gates and Manafort.

Nah.
    He and his mate David Gyngell should get an inflatable swimming pool and a whole lot of Aeroplane Jelly and take their wrestling show on the road.

176. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Oh crikey, typos – came not come; with which I was imbued

As a university academic though I still did some ‘imbuing’ of others. I regret that now, my earlier works. Later, I deliberately moved into teaching and research areas that taught useful skills rather than ideology.

177. Rae

Hey hole. The nasty Twitter roach scuttled across the page an hour or so ago with your oily whatsit in tow. But it never mentioned you by name. I repeat, are you and the roach no longer friends?

Oh my aching sides. He leaks like a sieve! He’s reknown for leaking. I assumed you realised the reason why Axios even had that info is it probably came from Mueller or one of his guys.

Try searching ‘Mueller leaks’ in DuckDuckGo. Even lefties are complaining how much his bunch squeaks to the likes of WaPo.

LOl. There’s no such thing. Mueller can make up any charge he wants. Getting it through the courts is another thing.

Mueller is a dumb fucker.

180. You do know that Trump can sack Mueller out of hand any time he likes don’t you?

Not directly. He has to sack Rosenstein then find someone who will sack Mueller. Saturday Night Massacre II: Electric Boogaloo.

I guess it was overdetermined that you would be on board with QAnon and #TheStorm given your posting history. Yes OWG, this is all a smokescreen for the real #MAGA investigation, Hillary is going to be perpwalked in chains any day now.

181. struth

it’s just too tempting.
    In my other business, it will get me more business.
    I’m involved with the farming/transport/oversize loads etc.
    Lots of right wing there.
    I feel it’s time to show my hand as well…………………….
    It’s quite liberating.

Hang on a sec, I’ll be back, there’s a knock on the door…………………………………………………..

182. LOl. There’s no such thing.

Geez JC, you are not normally this dumb. 18 U.S. Code § 371, it’s a law.

NATIONAL AFFAIRS
    Victoria Ombudsman finds 23 Labor MPs linked to rorts-for-votes probe

The Australian
    11:13AM March 21, 2018
    Samantha Hutchinson
    Victorian State Political Writer
    Melbourne

Twenty-three Victorian Labor MPs have been named at the centre of a “Rorts for Votes” scheme and have been found to have breached parliamentary guidelines in an explosive report, which found Labor misused almost $400,000 during the 2014 election campaign.

The Victorian Ombudsman Deborah Glass has found Labor “crossed a line” in the permissable use of MP entitlements during the 2014 state election campaign, when it employed a team of field officers who were paid in part by MPs’ staff allowances.

The report comes at the end of a two-year investigation which the Andrews government has spent more than $1 million challenging in the courts.

Ms Glass said she found $388,000 of parliamentary funds were misused, which Labor has now paid back.

“It was a picture of a well-organised campaign by the ALP to recruit and deploy full-time field organisers in the run-up to the 2014 Victorian state election, of which 21 were employed part-time as electorate officers and paid some $388,000 out of parliamentary funds,” Ms Glass said.

“While some electorate officer work was done for some Members of Parliament, the arrangement to employ field organisers as electorate officers was an artifice to secure partial payment for the campaign out of parliamentary funds, and was wrong.”

From the Oz.

LOL.

Eliot Mess.

185. zyconoclast

Not Oxford, Roachdale, Telford or New Castle?

Just Cranky abusing Cats again.

187. Rae

Hahahaha!!! Wussia! Wussia! Wussia!

Good to see that dry humour still shining through, Tom.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.

Geez JC, you are not normally this dumb. 18 U.S. Code § 371, it’s a law.

Reads as follows …

“It shall be an offence for any person (or persons) or corporation or other entity to engage with another or others for the purposes of, and with the intent of, upsetting the political ambitions of a sour crooked old crone.”

189. John Constantine

Their Clinton crime cartel, making sure Haitians don’t die of opioid overdoses by stealing their aid money, so they gently starve to death first.

190. thefrolickingmole

Monty, monty of the jungle look out for that RAKE!

Trump and his supporters have repeatedly complained about leaked reports on the progress of Mueller’s investigation, many of which have appeared in either the Post or The New York Times.

Mark Corallo, a spokesman for Trump’s personal lawyer, responded Wednesday evening to the Post report by saying: “The FBI leak of information regarding the president is outrageous, inexcusable and illegal.”

191. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Agree. That’s still a possibility and a threat though, even if pushed back a few decades or minimized.

Obama being so negligent re Iran’s weapons program and NATO having bases in Turkey means the larger scale escalation is also still on the table. The Russians too, as I saw myself, are still very keen on their nuclear arsenal. Happily, I suspect a nuclear threat is diminished by Trump’s watch – even Fat Kim sees that.

192. Ah, so all the talk of Russia collusion is being dumped because Democrat zombies are now saying there is no such statutory offence. My God, these people are dumb.

193. OneWorldGovernment

From Powerline, in full. http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/03/democrats-obstructionism-is-unprecedented.php

Democrats’ Obstructionism Is Unprecedented

When the Democrats say, “He’s not my president,” they aren’t kidding. Most Democrats still refuse to accept the result of the 2016 election, and their party consistently refuses to extend to President Trump the routine cooperation that makes our democracy function. The most blatant example of this is the Democratic minority in the Senate. The Democrats under Chuck Schumer have abused longstanding Senate rules and courtesies in a way that we have never seen before.

On Friday Marc Short, the administration’s Director of Legislative Affairs, joined Sarah Sanders at a White House press briefing. He laid out the facts regarding the Democrats’ unprecedented obstructionism, beginning with a description of the nomination process:

The Senate, obviously, has the constitutional responsibility for advice and consent. So what that looks like in real life is the President selects a nominee, they then undergo an entire FBI background check, they work with the Office of Government Ethics to de-conflict financial issues — and that’s a process that takes a good amount of time, a good amount of resources.

Only then, after cleared through an FBI background check and the Office of Government Ethics, is a nominee submitted to the United States Senate. When they get to the Senate, they go through several additional evaluations, including meetings with staff, meetings with the members on both sides of the aisle. The nominee then undergoes a hearing and the committee then votes on the nominee to get out of that committee.

At that point, the nominee moves to the Senate floor for full confirmation. Traditionally, the Senate routinely confirms the administration’s nominees once out of committee. It is there to respect the will of the American people and the election for an administration to fill out its roles under a new President. Instead, what Senator Schumer has done is to require cloture votes to essentially slow down the process and to obstruct.

How bad has the Democrats’ obstruction been? It has violated all historical norms:

At this point, in the past four administrations combined — the last four administrations — the Senate had conducted 17 cloture votes combined; cloture vote, in essence, being a filibuster on a nominee. Seventeen cloture votes in the last four administrations combined, at this point. Today, the Senate has had 79 cloture votes in the first 14 months of our administration. Seventeen, over the last four administrations, versus seventy-nine in the first 14 months of our administration. That is roughly five times the number of the last four administrations combined.

What’s the point? If a cloture vote is demanded (i.e., the Democrats filibuster), under Senate rules there must be 30 hours of debate. Which means that the Senate grinds to a halt:

Senator Schumer is essentially weaponizing a Senate procedure and demanding cloture votes on our nominees that he even eventually supports. Eleven of the President’s nominees have been approved without a single dissenting vote, yet still forced to go through a 30-hours of debate to essentially slow down the Senate calendar simply for the purpose of obstruction. Even Senate Democrats have begun to call this out and to say it is getting to the point of ridiculous.

At this rate, the United States Senate would take eleven and a half years to confirm our nominees. Eleven and a half years to confirm our nominees.

So, contrary to all precedent, the Democrats are determined to prevent President Trump from ever staffing his administration. Short offered more on the numbers. There can be no doubt that what Chuck Schumer and the Democrats are doing is a brand new phenomenon:

In the first entire term of the George H.W. Bush administration, his entire four years, he faced one cloture vote. In the entire four years of the Clinton administration, he faces 10 cloture votes. Under the George W. Bush administration, the entire first term, he faced four cloture votes. Barack Obama faced 17 in his first entire four years. We have faced 79 in our first 14 months. That adds up to 32 combined in the entire first four years of those administrations, relative to 79 in our first less than a year and a half.

Short also cited specific examples of important executive branch positions that are vacant because Chuck Schumer has abused Senate rules to slow-walk all nominations. If you were really naive, you might think that the reporters attending the press briefing would be shocked by the numbers Short laid out and would respond with sympathetic questions.

Just kidding. We all know the political sympathies of the White House press corps. So here are the questions that reporters asked in response to the facts that Marc Short laid out:

Q Thanks a lot, Marc. Thanks for coming out. You mentioned the plight of your nominee at the State Department for the Arms Control position, and you mentioned the need for having that person for the upcoming negotiations with North Korea, yet you still do not have a nominee to be the U.S. Ambassador to South Korea. Why is that? When will you have that nominee? And is that position also important for your efforts?

This one I think is particularly funny, from a reporter who apparently wasn’t listening:

Q Marc, thanks. You know well what goes on on the Hill. This is part of the toxic nature that’s been going on for several years. I mean, the Democrats pushing back because of Republicans. What are you doing to ease or water down that toxicity? What can you do?

And secondly, explain to those who don’t understand how it is that a minority party — when you control both the Congress — you know, both the House and the Senate — how you’re unable to get it through, because that is one of the big stumbling blocks for people to understand why you’re complaining.

More from another Democratic Party reporter, not to be redundant:

Q Do you see it as a reflection of, for example, when Obama was in office and the Republicans said they were going to make it their prime concern not to pass any legislation that Obama favored. Don’t you see that as part of the problem?

More:

Q And the Republicans don’t bear any of the blame?
    ***
    Q Marc, has the President had any personal conversations with Senator Schumer about this “obstruction,” in your words — specifically, as he’s been having conversations about infrastructure and other matters. Has he has Senate Democrats over here? And why haven’t we heard more from him talking about this?
    ***
    Q Marc, is there the possibility that the President could offer something — make a deal where not everyone gets what they want? But has he offered anything to Senator Schumer in exchange for helping get some of these nominations through?

Marc Short’s answer to this one is worth reproducing:

MR. SHORT: I guess it’s hard for me to understand what it is that we should be offering when the American people elect a President — elect a new administration to come in — and the expectation is they should be able to fill out their administration.

The Senate has an advise-and-consent role but why should we be offering making a deal on something that should be the normal process of the United States Senate? For us, that would be kind of hard to understand.

The Democratic Party reporters continue:

Q I mean, in his conversations on DACA, has there been any suggestion — you know, we would make some concessions on DACA if you help get some of nominations through?
    ***
    Q On DACA, is there room for a smaller deal? Are you working a smaller deal now — one that doesn’t have all four pillars but that might be part of the omnibus?
    ***
    Q Just to be clear, Marc, do the challenges of getting personnel cleared through the U.S. Congress prevent the President from changing the makeup of his Cabinet right now if he wanted to?

After this there were a number of generally-hostile questions about foreign and domestic policy, some relating to changes in the Trump administration. The briefing ended on this ignominious note:

Ms. SANDERS: I’ll take one last question. Jeff.

Q So we are about to enter the 15th month of this administration. Why is it that there is still a need for change inside the President’s Cabinet or among his circle of advisors?

As though there had been no personnel changes in prior administrations! Did this reporter just fall off the turnip truck?

MS. SANDERS: Look, as we’ve said many times before, you want the right people for the right time, and as policy priorities change, that means that sometimes you’re going to have personnel change. That’s not different for this administration as it has been in any other administration, and we’re going to continue to add new staff regularly.

I’ll take one last question.

Q Does the President enjoy the drama?

There you have it. If there is a reporter in Washington concerned about the Democrats’ unprecedented effort to block the executive branch from operating, he didn’t attend Friday’s press briefing.

There is no such charge as collusion, JC, as you know.

Oh?
    So why did you spend all of 2017 talking about it then, oh Tubby one?

Here

If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

The law you’re talking about doesn’t mean what you think it means, Monst, you fat stupid lesbian.

196. zyconoclast

Thai Airways International (THAI) says the limit on waist sizes for passengers, and ban on carrying infants on laps, in business class on its two Boeing 787-9 aircraft is a consequence of the installation…

This meant that passengers with a waistline of over 56 inches (142.24cms) could not fasten these new seatbelt airbags, which meet US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) safety standards, Flt Lt Prathana…

197. Boambee John

m0nty at 1117

m0nty admits that his posts here are no more than his wet dreams.

Time to wash the sheets again m0nty.

198. thefrolickingmole

A philosophy question.

If a nonentity shouts a persons name into the vacuum of their own personality does it use a pixel?

Scent of desperation, its what all the ignored trolls are wearing now..

199. On Wednesday, the Post reported that Mueller was examining whether Trump has tried to obstruct justice and was seeking interviews with three administration officials: Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence; Michael Rogers, the head of the National Security Agency; and Richard Ledgett, the former NSA deputy director.

The story attributed it to “five people briefed on the requests”. That info would have come from third party sources, not Mueller’s shop. Given that this White House leaks like the Titanic, they are probably the sources.

200. Rae

Good Moaning.

Morning struth, you’ve had a big sleep in after last night’s drunk blogging. How’s the head? Maybe you should have a hair of the dog. First thing first.

201. zyconoclast

It’s goodbye Dubai and hello once again to Singapore as Qantas rejigs its Kangaroo Route to London this weekend.

Almost five years to the day that the Qantas-Emirates alliance saw the long-standing Singapore stopover axed in favour of Emirates’ Dubai hub, the Gulf city will see its last Qantas flight on Saturday March 24.

202. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I guess it was overdetermined

Now there’s a term still lingering from the Althursserian theories of the left, M0nts.
    I wonder if you are aware of that heritage? Read a short extract of the original and you can see what unmitigated Marxist nonsense it all is.

203. The law you’re talking about doesn’t mean what you think it means

You said it didn’t exist at all. Quit while you’re behind, old man.

204. Boambee John

m0nty at 1123

further use of the charge of conspiracy against the United States,

I know you must know it, because you are confident it exists, so response within 15 minutes should be easy.

205. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

oops, got a bit Nordic there with my ‘thur’. It is Althusserian. No thur in there.
    The Lefty Philosopher once used to spout this stuff but gave it away, realizing it was unfashionable.
    Sensible, for Althusser murdered his wife and went crazy. A lot of those old Marxists did that. 🙂

206. OneWorldGovernment

struth

if they have stopped beating you at your front door. LOL

May I suggest that you get your own website.

If you check out http://whirlpool.net.au/ they can generally give you some informed information to pricing and reliability.

Chelsea Clinton @ChelseaClinton

So at last we hear of somewhere that the Clinton Foundation spent some of the 6% that it gives to charity.

m0nty at 1117

Either way, we are all grasping at shadows …

Concession speech.

209. Boambee John

m0nty

18 U.S. Code § 371 relates to conspiracy to commit an offense against or defruad the US.

So Trump will be charged with conspiring to collude (but there is no such offence, as you admit)?

210. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I love it in ‘A Gentlman in Moscow’ when one of the characters, a naïve ideologically-sound young lady, marches firmly across Theatre Square towards the train station and a meeting with ‘historical inevitability’, as she goes to help bring communism to the Kulaks.

211. Could you advise us which section of the US legal code specifies this offence and its penalties.

Oh dear, BJ. You really are a nincompoop.

212. struth

I was totally sober, arsewipe.
    You fucking racists just shit me to tears.
    I stand by everything I said.
    You mongrels are going around classifying everyone according to race.
    You are low life scum and a big part of the problem this nation faces.
    You get me on to this subject you’ll get exactly the same response now.
    Make no mistake, people like you and Testes are the enemies of this nation, and I have every right to react to your racism as I do.

M0nty loses again.

You can always tell when a lefty loses an argument: they go the ad hominem.

214. So Trump will be charged with conspiring to collude

I suspect he’ll end up named as an unindicted co-conspirator under that charge or something similar, just like Nixon. Actually charging a sitting president is in the too-hard basket, constitutionally. Forcing him to resign in disgrace and confiscating any ill-gotten wealth would be enough.

Anyway, as that Cambridge Analytica gentleman said on the Channel Four piece, he’s just the puppet.

Dover, do keep up.
    Trump will now be arrested for Cambridge Analytica or something.
    Next week, it will be felonious conspiracy to comb-over, according to a little known law dating back to the age of powdered wigs. Mueller will catch Trump’s barber in a lie about curlers and ruin his life.

216. Boambee John

m0nty at 1153

When you resort to “nincompoop” you have run out of arguments.

Go wash the sheets again.

217. struth

Monty

Trump, Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump………………………

Ha ha, you’re consumed.
    Bloody fantastic.
    You keep it up , you’ll go blind.

218. Dover, do keep up.
    Trump will now be arrested for Cambridge Analytica or something.

“Pfft, this was just a minor break-in by petty thieves, nothing to do with Nixon. It won’t bring down the government.”

219. zyconoclast

Asthma Inhalers Fail Minority Children Due To A Lack Of Diversity In Research

When inhaled, the drug albuterol opens up the airways of the lungs, providing fast-acting relief to the wheezing and shortness of breath that often accompany an asthma attack. It was discovered in 1966 by a team of British researchers, and went on to become an extremely popular medication for the widespread childhood condition. It is on the World Health Organisation’s list of essential medicines. But it often fails minority children.

This failure is a form of discrimination embedded deep in the annals of medicine. One study found that 47 per cent of African-American children and 67 per cent of Puerto Rican children with moderate to severe asthma did not respond to albuterol. In 2014, African American people were almost three times more likely to die from asthma-related causes than their white counterparts. Part of the reason is that genetic differences affect how people respond to medical treatment. And the vast majority of participants in studies of both lung disease and genetics are of European descent.

220. felonious conspiracy to comb-over

Ahahaha. Of course, the Australian MSM will report these events with utmost seriousness.

struth … you are feeding the troll

222. Arky

+1000
    Race-baiting shit stirrers, deep down hate everyone.
    Treat people as soveriegn individuals with rights and responsibilities and inherent value.
    When you can’t do that you fall into extremism and hatred.
    Pull back and wake the fuck up.

223. Rae

arsewipe

That’s a change from “Fuckhead”, but let’s leave the frolickinghole out of it.

A word of advice from a Digital Native. Stay sober when you blog, especially on Facebook.

Great work by Dyson Heydon calling out those Victorian judges who wanted to deploy the police to arrest Liberal Party members who disagreed with their wacko sentencing decisions. Laws forbidding criticism of judges should be repealed throughout the Commonwealth. The only reason they’re not repealed is because the ‘progressive’ noise machine that usually leads this sort of charge will not attack or disempower their own. No other reason.

225. Arky

Want to come for a run this arvo Monty?

226. Zatara

Bush didn’t know that muzzies were unreformable…

He ought to have after his father’s sacrifice of American troops in Somalia.

His father had nothing to do with it.

Somolia was a Clinton show from start to finish.

From leaking the time and location of the initial SEAL landings to his press mates, through the Blackhawk down fiasco, to the final big gray boat sailing away over the horizon.

Pfft, this was just a minor break-in by petty thieves

Erasing 18 minutes of protected tape is a serious crime.
    Almost as bad as bleach bitting it then smashing the whole machine apart with a hammer.

228. It’s instructive how Watergate excites Leftists in a manner that Chappaquiddick never does.