Wednesday Forum: April 25, 2018

1,897 Responses to Wednesday Forum: April 25, 2018

1 2 3 8
  1. Peter Greagg

Perhaps I should be Captain?

2. Mother Lode

(Sorry, that was meant for Socktimus)

3. Chris

In!
    For Timbo Fischface:

Tim, what an outstanding idea.

May we also ask you to recommend the wonderful Margaret Court for promotion to Field Marshal? Recognising her services to freedom of speech, sport and Christianity when there is creeping barrage fire of ‘virtue’-signalling would be a true act of courage and strengthen Australian political discourse in the face of a mob.

Are you up for the defense of the highest Australian values?

4. Exit Stage Right

In the team! I promise not to tamper with my balls.

5. Pies to win today. Which probably means Bombers will prevail as I’m 1/8 in my tips this week.

6. Infidel Tiger

Jesse Kelly®
    @JesseKellyDC

Why do I need an AR-15? Because some day the government may tell me I’m not allowed to put my sick son on a plane and fly him to Italy for treatment. And believe me when I tell you I WILL be putting him on that plane. #AlfieEvans

7. a happy little debunker

The Guardian goes into overdrive with indigenous dispossession and the ‘frontier wars’ as a measure of disrespect on ANZAC day.

For services rendered to the ANZACs in the face of a full-on YAM onslaught.

9. Chris

In other news, water is wet.

10. OneWorldGovernment

Top Ender proposed posthumous awards for some navy blokes.

And the kick back was ‘let it go’.

Do you ‘folk’ actually understand that the FEW that TE is talking about were denied recognition by the almighty fucking powers that be.

Well fuck them

If some dick face prick wants Monash to be the same as Napolean then at least honor the MEN, Australian Men, that TE references.

Fuck the lot of you.

Youth in my Sydney suburb are attending many ANZAC commemorations. So much respect.

12. Roger.

What do the indigenous diggers think? Did they care to ask them?

Socialism news.

“This Is Mushrooming” – Nicaragua Teeters On The Brink Of Revolution As US Pulls Diplomats

The demonstrations in Managua echo the violence that unfolded in Venezuela – another Latin American socialist paradise – last summer. And if Ortega should fall, the collapse of his government could inspire Venezuelans to make one last push for the ouster of Nicolas Maduro, who bears the brunt of the blame for the country’s financial crisis.

Yep, the same Ortega who took over the place in a revolution, left office, then got himself elected again like Chavez in Venezuela. The rest is predictable.

Funny how lefties never learn that what they are proposing has failed utterly everywhere.

Wal Scott-Smith retires as chief cenotaph attendant
    Nick Hansen, The Daily Telegraph
    April 25, 2018 8:12am
    WAL SCOTT-SMITH, 96, never fired a shot in war, or charged onto the muddy battlefields of Europe.

But he has quietly, and tirelessly, served his country for 78 years.

The chief cenotaph attendant at the Martin Place Cenotaph signed off today to a standing ovation at the end of the city’s iconic Dawn Service.

Mr Scott-Smith had been on scene since just after midnight, arranging tributes and ensuring the marble plinth, statues and inscription “To our glorious dead” were beaming.

He then stood by the Cenotaph for an hour in the morning chill while the ceremony took place.

Then came his own unexpected tribute, as the crowd heard he had taken up the roll after cancer surgery in his early years cruelled his dreams of following his father’s footsteps into the army.

“I’ve enjoyed every minute,” Mr Scott-Smith said, adding he was stunned when the crowd rose in his Honour this morning.

“I just said that I was going to retire, I didn’t expect it to happen the way it did. I intended to just walk away when it was finished’

“Next year I’ll come, sit in the chair over there, and point at the fellas doing it here, and if they’re not doing it I’ll go crook.”

The crowd also heard today, Mr Scott-Smith has twice escaped hospital, including morphine drips, in order to check on and look after the Martin Place Cenotaph.

15. OneWorldGovernment

Top Ender
    #2694996, posted on April 25, 2018 at 11:41 am

People who died in combat and who should have received a VC in the RAN:

Hec Waller
    Teddy Sheean
    Robert Rankin
    Francis Emms
    “Buck” Taylor

But because the Mention in Despatches was the only other posthumous decoration they could have received that’s what they got. Except for Rankin, who got nothing.

You’d think with all of the retrospective righting of wrongs these days they’d at least have received a Bravery Medal. But no.

Then again, they were all white heterosexual males, so there’s your problem.

Absolutely and agree whole heartedly.

Monash did his job far and above what others were doing.

Pershing would not let American soldiers near him again.

But our Australian sailors have never been recognised.

16. Boambee John

m0nty
    #2695022, posted on April 25, 2018 at 11:58 am

m0nty, why are you littering the thread with GayFL gossip when you should be using the IT skills you have gained running a fantasy footbsll site to help an old codger with failing memory to find all his comments forecasting imminent indictments for Shrillary and her colleagues?

17. OneWorldGovernment

BrettW
    #2694987, posted on April 25, 2018 at 11:34 am

OWG,
    I know Ian Coate well and have visited his home in Perth. Originally met him in 1999 when he was living in Brisbane. Very talented and a nicer guy could not hope to meet. He is ex Army as is his wife and has a son now serving. Well known for his military art. He has just released a children’s book about Drop Bears and created Mythic Australia. I think Muddy mentioned the book recently. Has been working on Mythic idea for 16 years.

My first request, his wife whom I much respect responded to my question.

I explained to her why I wanted the picture as an avatar and where I would use it.

I even said I will call myself OneWorldGovernment.

I am grateful and to me it encapsulates Australian Fighting Forces.

Perhaps some may want it tattooed!

18. Turnip

Please do not read this.

Elliott, Harold Edward (Pompey) (1878–1931)
    by A. J. Hill
    This article was published in Australian Dictionary of Biography, Volume 8, (MUP), 1981

Elliott’s deep and abiding sense of injustice combined with the strain of his war service and his ceaseless activity to undermine his health. Early in 1931 he was in hospital under treatment for blood pressure. When discharged he did not return to the Senate. Soon afterwards he was found with a wound in the arm and was rushed to hospital where he died on 23 March. An inquest returned a verdict of suicide. ‘Pompey’ Elliott was buried with full military honours in Burwood cemetery. His wife and children survived him.

20. Infidel Tiger

The Lighthorsemen is on Fox Classics.

21. Nick

Pies to win today.

A pie is the last thing you need, Monty.

22. Chris

Perhaps some may want it tattooed!

A worthy subject for art, but I wouldn’t presume to put it on my skin.

There is a sweet young thing in my workplace with an ornate key tattooed behind her ear. It’s cute. She and her father went together and got the same tattoo. It honours her grandfather and great-uncle who both fought on the western front and had that tattoo.

Bruce of Newcastle
    #2695033, posted on April 25, 2018 at 12:09 pm

Ortega, Sandinista ‘hero’.

24. Roger.

Where does it end? Mona Shindi VC and bar.

Ah yes, the RAN Captain who defended jihad in a navy personnel journal, stating that it was the Muslim Ummah’s right to defend itself (I’m going from memory, but I believe that’s what she wrote).

Why is she still in the navy?

What are YAMmie and Clammy up to today?

26. thefrolickingmole

Its becoming plain that the intersection of crazy & mad there sits the people who seem entirely comfortable with the idea of

a: Using a document paid for by the opposition party as “proof” to launch an investigation into $150000 of facebook trolling by the Wussians to legitimize a President.
    b: Openly fantasizing about removing the President from office based on him giving them hurty feels.
    c: Having no regurd for their own future position when one of their candidates does win an election.

Theyd rather cause a constitutional crisis/civil war than accept an election outcome.

Monty defend your Trump derangement syndrome loons in the following video.

Political dramas Homeland and Designated Survivor have recently explored how a president could be removed from office using the 25th amendment to the US constitution. It can only be triggered if the president is deemed ‘unfit for office’. But how would it work in reality? Who would be needed to trigger it? And why has it never been used before? The Guardian’s US political reporter Sabrina Siddiqui explains

And it starts with referencing the movie “airforce one” and goes downhill from there..

27. Roger.

ROTFLMAO:

Yassmin is going to the St Gallen Symposium next week.

Her bio describes her as “an internationally renowned speaker on the topic of unconscious bias”.

This year’s symposium theme is “Beyond the End of Work”.

As Yass hasn’t worked since taking leave from Shell that’s something she is an expert on.

Yassmin Abdel-Magied
    @yassmin_a
    Apr 17
    I am genuinely at a loss as to what to do next Wednesday.

29. Nick

I am genuinely at a loss as to what to do next Wednesday.

Pure attention seeking. What would that roe rag be doing on Anzac Day when she lives in the UK?

Clementine Ford
    ‏@clementine_ford
    Thanks to the two gents who so graciously helped me when I fell off my bike at Flinders intersection tonight. You’re peaches. I should say, fell off my bike while stationary. #woundedpride
    2:15 AM – 24 Apr 2018

31. thefrolickingmole

stackja

Pompeys wife probably didnt help, a mad Commie by all accounts.
    Poor bugger, obvious his war service badly affected him.

32. Nick

Lost, one bicycle seat….

Kumquat head from the other thread.

m0nty
    #2695013, posted on April 25, 2018 at 11:55 am

Comey should send a thank you letter to Trump for making his book a smash hit best seller, he’d be rolling in the readies.

Think of it as a temporary bank balance. The lawyering up he needs will break him.

34. Infidel Tiger

Yassmin Abdel-Magied
    @yassmin_a
    Apr 17
    I am genuinely at a loss as to what to do next Wednesday.

You could go fuck yourself?

Clapham Common is nice too.

35. nemkat

Monash did his job far and above what others were doing.

Pershing would not let American soldiers near him again.

Far and above what other Australian Commanders were doing? That’s a slur.

Pershing was unaware that a few hundred of his men had been placed under foreign command.
    When it was brought to his attention, he pulled them out.

The undertone of the current Monashmania campaign in the media is: Monash was a victim, and it’s up to us to redress that, or we’re bad people.
    Also implicit in the campaign is the notion that we must repudiate our forebears for their alleged prejudices against Monash.

Very sinister.

36. Geriatric Mayfly

What are YAMmie and Clammy up to today?

A bit foggy first thing in the morning, but I kept seeing the word Devenish appear in posts. I thought it was a new adjective to describe something riddled with all the horrors of a bitter and twisted female deriving from the noun Deveney. I gather now, it might be a town somewhere.

37. Confused Old Misfit

Catherine Deveny getting slapped around in the Twittervers today.

38. Infidel Tiger

Terrible day for the left.

Finland ends it universal basic income experiment.

39. Infidel Tiger

Clementine Ford
    ‏@clementine_ford
    2:15 AM – 24 Apr 2018

They must have been incredibly strong.

Next time she should probably use a bike with a seat.

40. Marcus

stackja
    #2695035, posted on April 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
    Wal Scott-Smith retires as chief cenotaph attendant
    Nick Hansen, The Daily Telegraph
    April 25, 2018 8:12am

But he has quietly, and tirelessly, served his country for 78 years.

When you think of all the awards we throw around like confetti in this country, plain and simple “Wal Scott-Smith” just doesn’t sound quite right for such a dedicated servant of Australia.

41. DrBeauGan

thefrolickingmole
    #2695055, posted on April 25, 2018 at 12:32 pm

Monty defend your Trump derangement syndrome loons in the following video.

It’s all very well to debate the hypothetical case of POTUS going off his chump, mole. The real case is when most of the MSM go off theirs.

42. Nick

YAM would be in a quandary. As an attention seeking famewhore, she knows that a provocative statement on a day like today gives her the publicity she craves, along with feeding the most hated, victimised narrative. On the other hand, she realises that doing so will cost her money. My bet is that she’ll draw attention to her own hurty feelings, stoking the fire as a ‘victim’. Strange with all her calls to ‘remember’ she has no memory of the victims of Islam.

I should say, fell off my bike while stationary p1ssed.
    2:15 AM – 24 Apr 2018

Deveny’s description of ANZAC day as “bogan Halloween” is actually pretty funny.

45. Roger.

What [is] YAMmie…up to today?

Give it time; the sun isn’t up in London yet.

46. Boambee John

What are YAMmie and Clammy up to today?

Somewhere, don’t recall where, I saw the latter referred to as Clemydia.

I’ll repeat this. The great Judith Curry and Nic Lewis have co-authored a new paper showing the IPCC’s estimates of climate sensitivity, the temperature response to increased CO2, are too high and alarmist.

Abstract

Energy budget estimates of equilibrium climate sensitivity (ECS) and transient climate response (TCR) are derived based on the best estimates and uncertainty ranges for forcing provided in the IPCC Fifth Assessment Scientific Report (AR5). Recent revisions to greenhouse gas forcing and post-1990 ozone and aerosol forcing estimates are incorporated and the forcing data extended from 2011 to 2016. Reflecting recent evidence against strong aerosol forcing, its AR5 uncertainty lower bound is increased slightly. Using a 1869–1882 base period and a 2007−2016 final period, which are well-matched for volcanic activity and influence from internal variability, medians are derived for ECS of 1.50 K (5−95%: 1.05−2.45 K) and for TCR of 1.20 K (5−95%: 0.9−1.7 K). These estimates both have much lower upper bounds than those from a predecessor study using AR5 data ending in 2011. Using infilled, globally-complete temperature data gives slightly higher estimates; a median of 1.66 K for ECS (5−95%: 1.15−2.7 K) and 1.33 K for TCR (5−95%:1.0−1.90 K). These ECS estimates reflect climate feedbacks over the historical period, assumed time-invariant. Allowing for possible time-varying climate feedbacks increases the median ECS estimate to 1.76 K (5−95%: 1.2−3.1 K), using infilled temperature data. Possible biases from non-unit forcing efficacy, temperature estimation issues and variability in sea-surface temperature change patterns are examined and found to be minor when using globally-complete temperature data. These results imply that high ECS and TCR values derived from a majority of CMIP5 climate models are inconsistent with observed warming during the historical period.

Discussed at Judith’s site.

48. Roger.

But Halloween is a bogan celebration in this country.

She also made reference to the ADF having a rape culture. She’s a fat slob with no redeeming qualities.

50. Some History

The first 5 days after the weekend are the hardest.

51. Chris

The first 5 days after the weekend are the hardest.

This is true.

52. MichelLasouris

Oh My! Some surfy gets killed off Bali AND broke his board. Just imagine that if he was gainfully employed doing something productive, this would never have happened……

53. Des Deskperson

‘Why is she still in the navy?’

She was punished.

Her official RAN twitter account was disabled and she was ‘counselled’ by the Chief of Naval Staff

The ‘counselling’ probably involved a bit of an old chinwag over a cuppa and bickies.

Blair’s Law
    Coined by Australian journalist, Tim Blair as “the ongoing process by which the world’s multiple idiocies are becoming one giant, useless force.”
    1. The alliance between the radical Left* and extremist Islamists is an example of Blair’s Law.

*Including Qwerty pooves, Squalid?

Cohenite

Let me give you some advice. I know you won’t accept it because, that’s who you are. Generally speaking, my advice has always been pretty sound. If Tim Lambert had listened to me he wouldn’t have been booted.

Stay well away from the science of gerbilling, as you don’t know enough to be able to hold up a science based conversation.

The very soft, almost liquid underbelly, for the gerbilists is economics. The economics destroys them.

Since you don’t understand either the science nor the economics of gerbiling, stay away from all of it.

That’s my humble advice to you.

56. Delta A

It is disrespectful and offensive.

Precisely what one would expect from someone like her.

57. Dawn service at Gallipoli, piper playing “Flowers of the Forest” then “Lochaber No More” on rotation.
    Never seen the two put together before, about time it was done – I’ve always stated they’re a well matched pair. How Flowers o the Forest ever made it as a funeral march I don’t know, beautiful tune. Lochaber No More much better suited to the task.

58. MichelLasouris

it was good to hear the Prime Minister of France [ay tribute to the Australians who fought and died alongside the French, the British, New Zealanders, Indians and other to expel a perfidious invader.
    What I don’t understand is the preoccupation of the Australians who invaded another Country, and persisted against withering gunfire, and yet withdrew eventually without any tangible result; except for the unnecessary death of thousands of invaders and defenders of that shore. Do the British ‘celebrate’ what was by any measure an ignoble failure. Please inform me if I’ve got this wrong.

I wonder if Ronery’s back from his ancestral worship -all RM Williamed and medallioned up. Must be a real sight. He told us last evening he was having an ancestral worship day (while accusing me of being the son of goat herders). It’s kind of ironic because he slags off at aboriginals at any given opportunity, as that’s what they do. Funny as.

60. Terrible day for the left.

Finland ends it universal basic income experiment.

It’s been interesting, there seems to be a bit of a push on the left away from UBIs and towards government job guarantees through public works. Not sure how this doesn’t equate to work-for-the-dole, I guess the pay would be at market rates instead of the crappy dole levels. The calls for a job guarantee would get much louder if we have another Dubbya-style depression, it’s tough sledding at current employment levels.

61. The wanker in chief transmits a sneering post on Anzac Day.
    What a classless wanker.

Transmission ends.

62. areff

Do the British ‘celebrate’ what was by any measure an ignoble failure?

Robert Falcon Scott’s long march and demise.
    The Light Brigade’s charge
    Gordon at Khartoum

The Poms have long made a virtue of failure, especially when upper-class amateurs are responsible.

63. DrBeauGan

Serena at the Pub
    #2695096, posted on April 25, 2018 at 1:14 pm
    The wanker in chief transmits a sneering post on Anzac Day.
    What a classless wanker.

Which one, satp? There are so many.

64. Areff: Thank you for the link (I’m able to get video & sound today) That’s a version I’ve never heard before. A slight variation. Must be some sort of Argyll & Sutherland difference. (btw, that was not the version played at Gallipoli)

No I’m not, Pubbles. Stop it with the fake news, as you recently warned by the blog owner that making defamatory comments would get you and Rones booted if you did it again. Recall, dickhead? Umm

Last evening, Ronery said he was going to the dawn service for some sort of ancestral worship thing he’s got going. Suggesting this is an attack on Anzac Day is another example of your defamatory nature. Go pour drinks and fuck off, you fake news artist.

66. thefrolickingmole

MichelLasouris

The original plan was clever and might have been a great thing.
    Turkey neutralized and the Russians supported = No Communist takeover.

It failed, largely because of 2 things.
    1: After the initial idea failed a series of ad-hoc stopgap plans.
    2: One little boat.

In the night of 8th March Nusret created a single line of 20 mines in the Erenköy Bay. This line was unique as she was parallel to the shore. This new single mine line consisting of 20 mines, changed the whole history.
    Of the 16 capital ships that sailed in the Dardanelles that morning HMS Ocean, HMS Irresistible and Bouvet never returned. HMS Inflexible and Gaulios had to be beached at the near by small island in order to be rescued. Suffren heavily damaged by Turkish guns had to be docked at Malta for intensive repairs.

And as harsh as it sounds the casualties in Turkey were what the Western front would have called “all quiet”.

67. Huh? Calling you a wanker is defamatory?
    Allow me to seek redress.

My deepest apologies to all wankers for slurring your name. No offence was intended.

68. Roger.

Looks like Australia is going to lose Harry Harris to South Korea.

What a pity.

69. Some History

Deveny trying one of those new reinforced-concrete pushbikes:

WARNING

– Do NOT view within 1 hour of meals.
    – Possible dizziness and revulsion.
    – Nightmares may persist for a few days after viewing.

70. Some History

Talk about a “Halloween look”:

WARNING

– Do NOT view within 1 hour of meals.
    – Possible dizziness and revulsion.
    – Nightmares may persist for a few days after viewing.

71. Looks like Australia is going to lose Harry Harris to South Korea.

South Korea has just become what is probably the most important ambassadorship for the US.

Australia is about as important as the US sending an ambassador to Tennessee.

Huh? Calling you a wanker is defamatory?

Not just that, Pubbles, but the wanker comment is site trade marked for Rones. At least try to be original, you redneck swine. Your accusation that by mocking Ronery for ancestral worship is sneering at Anzac Day is defamatory, you fakenews bullshit artist. You can’t stop your dishonesty. Ingrained.

Allow me to seek redress.

Yes, by going and pouring drinks or washing the toilets.

Now that’s also fakenews too, I suspect.

The 4 brats who desecrated the ANZAC memorial last Sunday will not face charges at this time:

74. Marcus

MichelLasouris
    #2695092, posted on April 25, 2018 at 1:11 pm

Apart from the British examples that areff mentioned, the Americans still remember the Alamo.

As to the “unnecessary death of thousands” bit, look, I’m no military scholar but no one can really know how the war, and the world, would have turned out if we’d done things differently. What I do know is that that campaign shaped our national consciousness, and those experiences shaped the men who came back here and helped shape Australia into the place it is today. So, was it unnecessary? I don’t know. Was it important to our country? Absolutely.

And that’s why it deserves to be commemorated.

75. Why so sensitive to the moniker “wanker” JC?
    As stated above, it fits nobody better than it fits you.

Once again, I state my apologies to all wankers, for unintentionally lowering their status.

76. Roger.

Do the British ‘celebrate’ what was by any measure an ignoble failure.

And commemorate is the better word, not celebrate.

Why so sensitive to the moniker “wanker” JC?

Again, another example of fakenews. You know very well that has been trade marked from Rones. The criticism is leveled to your lack of originality.

As stated above, it fits nobody better than it fits you.

Really? You’re actually implying that Rones is not the biggest wanker posting at this site? More fake news?

Yea, now go pour drinks dickhead. You’re starting to bore the shit out of me.

78. Crossie

Why did they have to insert the didgeridoo into the Villers Bretonneux dawn service?

79. Roger.

It should also be noted that Gallipoli helped define modern Turkey.

Alas, the political elites in both countries are presently busy repudiating the legacy Gallipoli bequeathed to their nations.

80. Outpost Wanker seems to be sending some very garbled transmissions.
    Perhaps overcome by shame of pussyhood, on this day of commemorating men.

Transmission ends.

81. Infidel Tiger

They opened the new Perth Children’s Hospital the other day with a ceremony that included holding an aboriginal baby over a pile of burning gum leaves.

What a country.

Deveny trying one of those new reinforced-concrete pushbikes:

When Clammy fell off her bike at Flinders St, they could have left her there as a bollard?

83. Infidel Tiger

It should also be noted that Gallipoli helped define modern Turkey.

Both countries have now fallen to authoritarian extremists.

Never forget, today in Australia two homos can get married in a park but can’t suck on a fag afterwards.

Pubbles, you’ve developed some real class act pals since you’ve graced us with your comments (after lavatory pronto closed down). Marcus Adonis, Rones, Memorydolt. Class all the way, pubbles. You really pick them well.

Outpost Wanker seems to be sending some very garbled transmissions.
    Perhaps overcome by shame of pussyhood, on this day of commemorating men.

Lol More malicious fake news. Can’t help himself.

The very soft, almost liquid underbelly, for the gerbilists is economics.

Hence, VW and other EU OEMs’ contempt for US EPA emissions testing.

86. My mistake. Radio direction finder was reading backward.
    Transmissions from call-sign Wanker aren’t coming from the front.
    Call-sign Wanker is transmitting from an REMF bunker.
    Please amend all logs with this correction.

Transmission ends.

There are some real brave soldiers here, Pubbles. Guys who have done real service to the country by doing several tours of duty in various hot-spots around the world. They are generally silent about their service, because they’re not the sort who boast about it. You wouldn’t know this because you’re taken by shallow, boastful ancestor worshipers, you moron.

88. notafan

Yassmin Abdul Muckymouth might take solace in the fact that her disrespect has inspired many of her age cohort to take a moment to honor their dead great great uncles.

89. Geriatric Mayfly

Deveny trying one of those new reinforced-concrete pushbikes:

On a bicycle built for two. I feel a song coming on.

90. You wouldn’t know this because you’re taken by shallow, boastful ancestor worshipers, you moron.

Command transmission to call-sign Wanker:
    Copy & paste some of my ancestor worship.
    Do it now…. .

Command Transmission ends.

91. Marcus

And this:

I know soccer fans have never had the best reputation, but does it feel like sports crowds around the world a becoming just a little bit more feral lately?

92. Nick

They’ve opened an indigenous medicine unit ?

Copy & paste some of my ancestor worship.
    Do it now…. .

The early part of you silly blog suggests you’re living under the shadow of your father’s military career where you lay it on pretty thickly. You also appear at times to imply you’re a former military man yourself, which is untrue. It’s fake news, Pubbles. You have as much rank as anyone else here who never enlisted, so turn it off. You’re a barmaid.

94. Perth Trader

My ancestors and family members have been kicked out, booted , deported , escorted and removed from continents and islands for over 400 years. The reasons for this forced removal and migration of our family over this 400 year period where stealing , unpaid gambling debts, drunkenness and for as little as shaggin’ the gentries wife. We have never complained of this unjust treatment and never will. Some of our kin followed the riff raff to this new country and settled as free men. Family members have spilt blood in France, Nrth. Africa and Korea and today we thank Australia for giving us a home for these last 144 years.

That’s a great way of putting, Trader.

96. Geriatric Mayfly

A Fresno State University professor who celebrated the death of Barbara Bush in a profanity-laced rant on Twitter will not be disciplined, the university’s president said in a statement late Tuesday.

This bloated femmosaurus would be an excellent role model for Clammy, Badham and Deveney, in more ways than one.

97. nemkat

You’d have to know who ”they” is to answer that.
    It could be to honour the many Aborigines who volunteered and served in France, or it could be the usual rubbing our noses in it and divisiveness.

98. Some History

The Fresno Feral.

99. REMF call-sign Wanker tells some lies. Thus we know it really is the wanker, & the REMF post has not been overrun by the tea lady.
    This is the same Wanker who made fake accusations of defamation above.
    FMD, does the wanking by this Wanker never stop?
    And the Command was not obeyed. What a Wanker.
    Perhaps one too many Saigon Tea, to cover the shame the impotent feel on this day of commemorating men?

Transmission ends.

100. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

It’s not like the guy didn’t warn us.

“We’re gonna win so much,” then-candidate Donald Trump advised supporters, “you may even get tired of winning.”

“And you’ll say, ‘Please! Please! It’s too much winning! We can’t take it anymore, Mr. President, it’s too much’.”

By this point in his oration, Mr. Trump is yelling and the crowd it roaring.
    “And I’ll say, ‘No, it isn’t. We have to keep winning. We have to win more. We’re gonna win more. We’re gonna win so much’.”

And so it has come to pass.

Amid all the press frothing and Democrat demagoguery over the phantom Russia collusion scandal, President Trumphas been systematically and persistently chalking up victory after victory, making good on a long list of promises he made during the campaign.

Unlike in the US…

Husband of former Senate leader pleads not guilty to sex assaulting men and sharing nude photos without consent

The estranged husband of former Massachusetts Senate President Stan Rosenberg has pleaded not guilty to sexual assault. Bryon Hefner, 30, was released on personal recognizance Tuesday after appearing in Suffolk Superior Court to face charges of sexual assault, distributing nude photos without consent and criminal lewdness. He was also ordered to stay away from the alleged victims and the Massachusetts State House.

A Democrat of course. Otherwise the story would be on high rotation everywhere.

There you go again, Pubbles. Fake news and unoriginal. Sad. Just a sad barmaid.

What a country.

That’s exactly what I mean when I say many people want to take a step back from technology and go back to a more simple existence. Take a look at “Earth Hour” when they sit in the dark and burn candles… not because it reduces CO2, those candles generate much more CO2 than what the light bulbs generate, but the reason is to feel primitive for a while, forget the pressure of modernity.

Same thing about urban coffee shop dwellers, wedged in boxy houses alongside a highway overpass who genuinely believe they would be very knowledgeable about running a farm. They don’t think about a modern farm, they think about some little cottage and a potato patch.

It’s nice to sit in your garden, or walk in the park, or sleep in a tent. People spend too much time in a concrete jungle they go a bit nuts.

104. Perth Trader

I thought suckin’ on a fag was consensual in same sex marriage.

105. REMF call-sign Wanker seems super-sensitive to non-service today.
    Never had the dick & balls to join up himself, at every opportunity covers this inadequacy and denigrates those who have served.
    What a Wanker.

Transmission ends.

Castro added that Jarrar would remain on leave through the spring semester, “which she had previously requested before this incident.”

Said femmosaurus may suffer an unfortunate accident during the break.
    /Ex CIA Chief

Just reading Tim Blair.
    Unfortunately, of all the krauts killed in both World Wars, a few Leunigs slipped the net.

108. Snoopy

You lie. It’s never nice to sleep in a tent.

109. Some History

I take it that “fag” in this context refers to “cigarette”? [I hope it does] 🙂

110. BrettW

Looks like a major triggering has occurred. Just the mere thought of Zulu commemorating ANZAC day gets him riled up. Does anybody know a good shrink in Melbourne as JC could do with an urgent intervention. He needs to get the stabbing assegai’s out of his head.

Ronnie Barker lives!

REMF call-sign Wanker seems super-sensitive to non-service today.
    What a Wanker.

lol. Some of us decided uni was a better choice. What was your service exactly, Pubbles? Not your father’s… yours?

113. nemkat

Join the Army, be a lackey, get screamed at for 20 years, go on an indexed pension for life.
    You don’t need a dick and balls for that.

Mocking isn’t triggering, Rooster. You’re hallucinating again.

115. Most severe case of triggering we’ve seen for quite some time.
    The Wanker should phone a suicide hotline, quickly.
    I’d say he’s getting close to some serious self-abuse self-harm.

A few remarks earlier about the loss of meaning of Anzac Day.
    Last night I said to Mrs L, “You know, I reckon within ten years people will be wishing each other ‘Happy Anzac Day'”.
    She says, “No need to wait. Two people said it to me today”.

Watching the Villers-Brettoneux ceremony.
    Soldier hands Marise Payne a wreath.
    She ate it.

118. Some of us decided uni was a better choice.

So a draft dodger.
    Figures.

It gets fucking worse.
    Derryn Hunch is laying a wreath.
    The tomb of the unknown liver donor.

The bird in hand threw poo at the Bush.

Most severe case of triggering we’ve seen for quite some time.

I agree. You shouldn’t have come out to defend Ronery’s dishonor, which caused your triggering in the first place.

The Wanker should phone a suicide hotline, quickly.

Agreed. Sometimes Rones sounds lost in some tourettes induced trance. It’s very concerning.

I’d say he’s getting close to some serious self-abuse self-harm.

Well he sure does. He’s drinking heavily every night, which is very concerning. I’m very worried about his well being, aren’t you?

122. nemkat

Happens in the lead up to Anzac Day every year.
    Someone sez his Great Whatsis was at Gallipoli, the next person has 2 Great Whatsis there plus one at Tobruk, then they keep bidding it up.
    Some might term it virtue signaling.

123. DrBeauGan

Yes, Tel, there is a deal of fear and self disgust around in respect of modern technology. They know they have done nothing to earn the benefits and indeed are incapable of contributing to a contemporary society. So they espouse superstition and want an idyllic return to a non-existent and fictitious past.

They should be dropped in the Gibson desert without a box of matches.

124. Villers-Brettoneaux the piper is playing Flowers of the Forest endlessly.
    His fingers would be frozen, up there in that tower in that cold wind.
    Poor Bastard.

Serena at the Pub
    #2695162, posted on April 25, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Some of us decided uni was a better choice.

So a draft dodger.
    Figures.

I’m not that old, Pubbles. There was no draft in my time. Talk about swinging in the dark with fakenews. Can’t help yourself, can you. Ingrained.

126. Top Ender

The Personal Pistols of Adolf Hitler reminds me of this travesty of a book:

Somewhere Below

127. Mater

I see that in response to Deveney’s statement that service personal ‘worked in the violence industry’, some fools on twitter are falling for it. Responses highlighting the ADF humanitarian responses, disasters relief efforts and social development programs are only furthering her aim to weaken the Defence Forces.

Servicemen and women ARE administrators of controlled violence. The core role of every member (excepting medical personnel and clergy) is to kill the enemy. Understand this reality, reconcile it and train to be fitter, faster, stronger, smarter…lest the enemy not be a humanitarian.

Despite what Deveney’s mama taught her, violence DOES resolve issues. If it didn’t, police wouldn’t carry guns and we’d be living under Hitler’s legacy.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse…The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. – John Stuart Mill

128. Top Ender

Derryn Hunch is laying a wreath.
    The tomb of the unknown liver donor.

Very funny Leigh!

Everyone paid with tax money works in the “violence industry”, unless there’s a significant voluntary contribution to the government revenue that I don’t know about. The military and the police are at least honest about what they do.

130. Roger.

Thanks for the JSM quote, Mater.

They should be dropped in the Gibson desert without a box of matches.

Conversely, what is it with tards who have to take everything including the kitchen sink on a camping trip to ‘get away from it all’?

132. Marcus

He’s improving. I can actually tell what his cartoons are renderings of today.

133. H B Bear

Sock reduced to Deveneying itself all over the place desperately hoping someone will notice. Sad.

134. H B Bear

ALPBC Grandstand fellating Scrotum Face ahead of the ALPFL footy today.

Pre-match discussion now consists of a female Bruce McAveney wannabe, a lezzoball “star”, a couple of has beens and a couple of co-op members.

135. DrBeauGan

136. Perth Trader

Wheres the ‘minister for hugo boss’?

137. Another US by-election, another double-digit swing against the party of Trump. November is going to be so much fun.

Thanks for the JSM quote, Mater.

+1.

139. Roger.

SMH: “Bishop insists withdrawal of US ambassador pick no slap in the face for Australia.”

Yes it is Jules, it means Trump regards us as a second tier ally.

Given the way and your predecessors have stuffed up in the South Pacific, turning long time allies over to Chinese influence, you can’t blame him.

140. Yes, that’s funny, Egg. Perhaps they are celebrating aboriginal culture. Like the aborigines hunting dugongs in tinnies.

Using a .303

141. Nick

Strangely enough, a few of Leunig’s early cartoons are very funny and would match with some of the views of some of the Cats’ more conservative commentators

Monster

Debbie Lesko Repub won the election, you imbecile.

143. Infidel Tiger

My son asked me how The Lighthorsemen got the horses to be on their side.

Good question.

It’s to Australia’s eternal shame we didn’t let those great warriors return.

144. Infidel Tiger

True. He had a flip out about 20 odd years ago.

145. JC: the seat was rated as R+13, safe as houses, but she lost ten points off that estimate. That ten-point swing has been echoed in a lot of recent by-elections.

146. DrBeauGan

Serena at the Pub
    #2695189, posted on April 25, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Using a .303

It’s encouraging that the smarter aborigines are adopting Western ideas. It’s their supporters who want to keep them in the stone age. With grog.

147. Perth Trader

I took my daughter to a sheep sale on Tuesday and she love the excitement. The auctioneer shouting , the smell of poop and urine in the air and she even got the chance to help push sheep onto a truck. To celebrate we came home and my wife cooked chops for dinner. I think her education in life is going sweetly.

148. feelthebern

It gets fucking worse.
    Derryn Hunch is laying a wreath.
    The tomb of the unknown liver donor.

Leigh Lowe wins the internet today.

149. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Hairy and I just watched the Dawn Service at Villers Bretonneux on Skye, the whole thing broadcast. It was very impressive. Attended by Prince Charles, the Australian and French Prime Ministers, and many other dignitaries and service personnel. The speeches were all good and well delivered, the French PM’s one very pertinent re Australia on the World Stage, Malcolm Turnbull’s also concentrating on the actions of that Anzac Day in France long ago. Particularly well delivered was Prince Charles’ reflection on how the men were thinking of home, some from Wagga Wagge where he noted he had just been, receiving letters and parcels, and sharing them. Turnbull sounded almost as pommy as Charles though: even I with my Eliza’d accent still say France and advance, with an Aussie A. Turnbull does the British ‘ar’ as in Frarnce. Both National Anthems, sung by an Australian woman in uniform, and backed by a military band, sounded suitably patriotic, if a trifle jolly in tone, but at the end of the service perhaps that was fine. The prayers were Christian, which was good, also allowing room for those who wished only to reflect. The heavens opened and poured down at the conclusion just before the final public wreath laying, but seemed to be tailing off as the dawn came up fully into daylight.

150. Infidel Tiger

It’s great. Dems are being forced to adopt centrist positions to have any chance of winning.

Trump is realigning US politics for the better.

151. mizaris

Fucking footballers!!! “Proud and Humble” to be “On the battlefield of the MCG”. What utter bullshit. The softest, most conformist, unthinking generation of snowflakes this country has ever produced. I’M OFFENDED!!!!!

152. Nick

My son asked me how The Lighthorsemen got the horses to be on their side.

The Hun forbade horseplay

153. Nick

Collingwood hand out order of the Magpie, second class (with wattle leaves) for those who used the dunnies at the old Victoria Park ground.

154. Infidel Tiger

Jordan Peterson’s 12 rules for 21st Century conservatism:

Very sound.

155. Snoopy

Could this photo possibly be fake news? It is on the website of the most trusted news organisation in Australia.

Leunig’s early work with Nation Review was hysterically funny, naughty and exhilarating. In the 1970s, he was an extremely gifted Larrikin with the energy of a Bill Leak.

Then he moved to Fairfax and the dead hand of leftist conformity descended on him like the Grim Reaper. He hasn’t drawn anything remotely funny for 30 years. Nowadays his output is a monotone of pathetic self-pity.

157. Yes, that’s funny, Egg. Perhaps they are celebrating aboriginal culture. Like the aborigines hunting dugongs in tinnies.

Using a .303

A coupla years ago in my cocktail bar, some indigenous activists spent an hour or more explaining to some journos & others all the reasons why tinnies powered by an outboard motor, backed into the water by a Toyota Landcruiser using a concrete boat ramp, is actually traditional hunting methods.

158. Oh come on

November is going to be so much fun.

Regardless of whether the GOP keeps or loses the House, it won’t be nearly as much fun as November 2016 was. Or what November 2020 is shaping up to be.

159. max

Is Julie Bishop in the crowd at the MCG ?

Lest we forget our freebies.

160. Rae

Cartoons not to your liking this morning, Tom? So sad. Why, yesterday you even resorted to telling people the view they ought to take of the first one linked. You reckon they can’t think for themselves, hey? Gotta keep the hive mind on track.

161. Oh come on

It’s worth noting how much money the Dems are pouring into these nominally safe GOP races which they wouldn’t normally bother with.

162. Snoopy

That bait is stale. It’s been sitting in the sun all day.

163. Leo G

… tinnies powered by an outboard motor, backed into the water by a Toyota Landcruiser using a concrete boat ramp, is actually traditional hunting methods.

Habitually done, therefor traditional. Cleary part of the Aboriginal understanding of the world.
    Neo-dreamtime?

164. Confused Old Misfit

My son asked me how The Lighthorsemen got the horses to be on their side.

Your son needs to be introduced to horses.

165. Bruce in WA

Captain of the ship we’re currently on made an ‘all-ship’ broadcast last night (our time) in which he explained the significance of ANZAC Day and commemorated the sacrifice of all who gave their lives in combat. He then recited a prayer for all who lost their lives on the seas and oceans of the world. The ship was completely silent during the prayer. There was also an ANZAC service held in the ship’s main theatre. Thank you, Princess Cruises.

166. Infidel Tiger

Your son needs to be introduced to horses.

He has. He has seen his dad swearing his head off at them and the little dwarfs who slaughter them every Saturday.

167. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Troll will forget soon and put Tom in inverted commas again, like he used to when making his vicious attacks. I wonder why Grigs is allowed a second chance to be the usual obnoxious self.

You don’t need a dick and balls for that.

Are just being an attention seeking c..t or referring to the leftisation of the ADF (dick and balls), albeit in a cockeyed way?

169. Rae

Thank you, Princess Cruises.

That’s great, Bruce.

170. Oh come on

Pay no heed, Lizzie. It’s running on fumes these days, and even that is too good for it.

That’s a silly criticism of aboriginals, Pubbles. What they obviously meant was they’ve been using motorized boats for a long while – almost as long as whites have. That’s okay. But when a pedant goofball like you hears that, it’s obviously tangled up to make it sound like something else.

172. What a stupid comment:

173. Infidel Tiger

In honour of the sacrifice and courage displayed at Villers Brettoneuxs, I think a glass of bubbles is in order.

Perhaps a glass of Dom Perignon NV.

174. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Thank you, Princess Cruises.

Gee, you still floatin’ the ocean, ‘Bruce not in WA’?
    Same cruise on-going, or a new one?
    Glad to hear the Captain and passengers were so respectful of Anzac Day.

Hairy noted in the commemoration we just watched that none of the speeches mentioned the intense hand-to-hand fighting that went on before the town was considered taken.
    Too grim and gory to recall? But as noted by some above, our men have to be trained for this.
    Not our women though. They should stick to ceremonial.
    And civilian women laying wreaths should wear skirts or at least loose pants and not skin tight jeans, as one of our dip corps reps did. I thought she looked most disrespectful. I love my jeans of that sort, but would never wear them anywhere traditional or requiring broad social respect.

What a stupid comment:

No it’s not. You find it hard to stare at the truth. What is stupid is you thinking they were suggesting motorized tinnies have been around for 30 thousand years. Obviously, they were suggesting they’ve been around for perhaps three generations now, which is fair enough. At that point it does become traditional. Now get along with your barmaid duties and go pour drinks.

176. Confused Old Misfit

Infidel Tiger
    #2695218, posted on April 25, 2018 at 3:21 pm

He’s not been introduced to the horses. He’s still learning about his Dad. I shall refrain from commenting further. 😉

177. Infidel Tiger

Old Soldier
    @OMGTheMess

In WW1 thousands of Aboriginal soldiers served. They were treated like every other digger. They won promotions and decorations. At home they couldn’t vote or drink in the same pub. And society calls the military racist and sexist and out of step. Phhfftt

Great tweet.

178. Confused Old Misfit

cohenite
    #2695220, posted on April 25, 2018 at 3:22 pm

I thought he was referring to his own service experience. 😉

179. DrBeauGan

Your spelling leaves a bit to be desired, IT, but I endorse the sentiment.

Same with the US military during WW1 with the blacks. The military treated them like equals until that old racist and D’rat hero re-segregated the military.

181. Infidel Tiger

Dr BeauGan, I would advise against drinking the NV Dom. It’s rarer than hen’s teeth.

I did note that Vintage Cellars has the 2008 on special for $210 this week.

182. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

oops, syntax. Just re-read what I wrote upthread there. Do not read that it was Prince Charles receiving letters and parcels and sharing them. It was the heroes in France who did that.

Not that Charles wouldn’t share, of course. I am sure his strict Nanny told him about that.
    It must have been awful for Charles trying to be such a good little boy all the time.
    He could have turned out much worse than he is. He did well in France today. Credit where due.

183. Des Deskperson

‘It gets fucking worse.
    Derryn Hunch is laying a wreath.
    The tomb of the unknown liver donor.

Leigh Lowe wins the internet today.’

agree +10

I saw Hinch a few weeks back at Canberra Airport. In the, err, flesh, he seemed not quite human. Stocky, with his arms held rigidly at his side and walking with short, choppy, stuff-legged steps, he looked and moved like a clockwork automaton. His polyester-like beard and coiffure didn’t help – how long does he spend looking at himself every day in the mirror in order to get that right?

I always say hello to any politician i see in public in Canberra, and I usually get smile and a greeting, All I got from Hinch was an unamiable grunt!

He was with a woman who presumably was not an official significant other, since she was travelling in economy. She looked like how Marianne Faithful must look these days at seven a.m.

184. Rae

bogan Halloween

That’s the day before, isn’t it? When you take the boyfriends kids trick or treating.

185. Bruce in WA

Gee, you still floatin’ the ocean, ‘Bruce not in WA’?
    Same cruise on-going, or a new one?

Yep, Lizzie. Think this is Day 28, with 10 to go. Just docked in Civitavecchia.

I thought he was referring to his own service experience.

A rare bit of honesty!

187. The Wanker is triggered by his stupid comment being called stupid.
    If you don’t want to be called stupid, don’t make stupid comments.
    Simple.
    Rather unfortunate for you that getting out of the “Biggest Wanker” tag isn’t going to be as easy.

Triggering Transmission ends.

188. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I did note that Vintage Cellars has the 2008 on special for $210 this week.

I could send Hairy out to get some as he has been waxing lyrical about this Villers Bretonneux Centenary being so special; or we could just open what’s been lurking on a rack in the fridge since Christmas, which will do. It’ll be going off soon surely? 🙂

Just thought Anzac Day, they are probably not open anyway.

Ser

Whenever you’re wrong, which is 97.9% of the time, you get all angry and peddle even more irrational fake news than normal. Be a good girl and go pour drinks for the menfolk.

Yassmin Abdel-Magied
    @yassmin_a
    Apr 17
    I am genuinely at a loss as to what to do next Wednesday.

What a tool.

She must know it’s Sinai Liberation Day in Egypt. She should celebrate with them.

191. Rae

Good little man-made harbor at Civittavecchia, Bruce. Sailaway from there into the sunset is very nice. Enjoy.

Quite a pleasant drive from there down the coast to Rome, too.

192. Marcus;

He’s improving. I can actually tell what his cartoons are renderings of today.

I just assumed that Leunigs works were random linkings of maggots dropped in the snow a week ago.
    Just some Melbourne thing.

You learn something etc…

193. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Just docked in Civitavecchia.

I love those old Roman and Greek ports where you can sense the seafaring past from hints here and there and a museum or two. Civitavecchia is on my list of ‘must sees’, and from there a ferry to Sardinia. I expect you’ll be taking a trip into Rome as well. We will be three months away, and only about seven weeks of it is tied up in the African Serengeti and then the Arctic Circle. I’d quite like to ferry-wander the Mediterranean for the rest of it, popping in here and there to see friends.

Yesterday I went with some girlfriends to see the ‘Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society’ movie. I loved the book, and the film didn’t stray too far from it. It was cast as Downton Abbey with shades of Doc Martin, i.e. the same actors re-inventing themselves, and not too badly at that. Came out re-enthused to see Guernsey which I have wanted to visit since reading the book. Over lunch one of my friends, proud of her Cornish ancestry, said the movie was shot mostly in Cornwall, which I thought I’d noted on the credits.
    Still want Hairy to take me to Guernsey though while we are in the UK. Just a ferry ride, after all.

Infidel Tiger

#2695231, posted on April 25, 2018 at 3:32 pm

Old Soldier
    @OMGTheMess

The aborigines got a run at the dawn service I was at this morning. Not the burning gumleaves shit. Just a simple observation that everyone served together without any thought about colour.
    And, of course, none were ever going to be conscripted.

195. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Think this is Day 28, with 10 to go.

Where do you end up, Bruce? Is it worth another little holiday there before home?

196. Perth Trader;

So she’d be <10.
    Cherish the mite because in two years time she'll be a teenager.
    Just remember that girl children are Gods revenge on you for being a man.
    You will live in fear that one day she'll come home with a lout just like you were.

197. To be a “modern” implies personal spiritual acceptance that humans have achieved godlike powers (which will only get more powerful from here) and thus we are individually and collectively responsible for the exercise of those powers. It is thus our destiny to step forward and become the gods we once cowered in fear of. Once people see where this is going, they often get nervous about the implication and look for ways to put that genie back in the bottle. It is my thesis that a lot of the corruption of science and rise of mysticism is intended for the purpose of stopping technological progress because many people don’t feel worthy of carrying the responsibility.

How is this different from the responsibility that fell upon medievals, both individually and collectively, in the exercise of their powers? There is nothing god-like in consideration here that was not available to medievals. No, no, what is at play here is the state’s determination to supplant the authority of parents in such circumstances.

Right, now there’s a separate question

Not at all. It is precisely the question at issue. The state through the courts is contending that it is the best and ultimate judge of the good of the child in such circumstances, placing itself before the parents.

That’s because the question of godlike powers had not come up yet. That’s why those ages seem attractive and that’s the romantic emotion that is drawing some of us back toward that direction.Thank you, IT.

There are no godlike powers in operation at the moment that were not available to medievals. The hospital is denying further medical assistance and sustenance, beyond water, to the child. It is doing so against the wishes of the parents, but in accordance with the hospital’s recommendation, and denying the parents any transfer overseas to a hospital that is prepared to take the child into its care.

As I said previously, this is no going back at all. This is precisely what is to be expected, increasingly so, under modern conditions.

198. Nick

199. Dr Fred Lenin

Anzac Day is making many people more aware of their ancestors without whom they would never have existed . This is a more recent thing and it is a good healthy thing to appreciate your forebears .My family has always been interested in our ancestors and searched diligently for generations . My grandfather researched our origins in France and was quite pleased when he traced us n’back to 965 AD in ancient church records where one ☝️ of us made a generous donation to the church ,(we are a practical family he was buying his way into heaven no doubt ) . So look into your ancestors=s it is rewarding and interesting ,you may strike bad things that happened but that only makes today’s family look better .
    Lest we forget is not just about war ,those who ignore the past ere doomed to repeat its mistakes ,remember rudd and giliard take heed .

200. From review mentioned above:

The book’s target is not theology or anti-theology, but teleology. The imposition of purpose, or meliorism, is a futile and actively negative set of beliefs.

Oh dear, it seems as if Gray understands teleology in Paleyan terms. Not a good move given that Paley monsters the notion.

201. Confused Old Misfit

the same actors re-inventing themselves,

That is the essence of theatre. If an actor does not have the craft to do this, they are not really an actor. The cult of celebrity personality has distorted the art of the theatre.

202. Boambee John

JC
    #2695234, posted on April 25, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Woodrow Wilson also re-segregated the civil service, de-segrated after the Civil War.

Left fascist so-called “progressives” kept racism alive for their own political purposes.

203. H B Bear

Perhaps a glass of Dom Perignon NV.

Can I suggest a McFish, no tatare, to accompany?

Snoopy
    #2695206, posted on April 25, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Stainless steel straws are the ‘new’ ‘thing’ to ‘save the planet’ from plastic.

205. Geriatric Mayfly

I notice that the indomitable Miss Orr QC., from the Banking Royal Commission, is now being referred to as Shock and Orr. She has certainly left a trail of destruction and a gridlock of the walking wounded in her wake over the past week. Hostilities recommence tomorrow. Her refrain ‘And Why Not?’ always gives promise of another long pause in the witness box, and the inevitable direct hit to follow.

206. Boambee John

Shy Ted
    #2695250, posted on April 25, 2018 at 4:03 pm
    Headline at The Grauniad – Black lives are not safe in this country. What more do white people want? Nayuka Gorrie
    Don’t know Nayuka. What more do you want?

Can’t tell, male or female? Still, the lack of safety for black lives should not be a problem. I know Italians with darker skin.

207. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I have had an Ancestry.com DNA spit-box sitting on my desk now since before Christmas. Tomorrow always seems like a good day to do it and half fill a tube with spit. You have to do some magic on their internet siet too in order to authenticate your purchase. It has all seemed to much bother, so far. Hairy did his and the results were predicable. I think I will come out as much more varied.

208. Andreas

Old Soldier
    @OMGTheMess

It wasn’t even as bad as that, because Aborigines did have the vote at the time of WW1. They were only excluded in WA and Queensland.

209. Top Ender

Muddy, last year you said:

Muddy#2523944, posted on October 15, 2017 at 8:28 pm
    If you head to the U.S. and are visiting their Center for Military History, let me know if you need a hand, as I have a contact there who owes me one.

Thinking about next January – yes I know, cold, but….Sinclair can give you my email if you can still help….

210. DrBeauGan

Infidel Tiger
    #2695235, posted on April 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm

I did note that Vintage Cellars has the 2008 on special for $210 this week.

I got a 2006 piper heidsieck, just now, I T. It is in the freezer for the extra chill.

I followed the, ah, discussion, on NV Dom. Golly, one does get an enormous amount of innocent en on the Çat.

211. I had a quick thought about a drinking game for Cats, but gave it away when I realised we’d be drunk in five minutes flat.

Please post the rules to this drinking game you have devised.
    Asking for a friend.

212. Infidel Tiger

Perth Trader
    #2695196, posted on April 25, 2018 at 2:53 pm

My grandfather was the number 1 stock auctioneer in Western Australia for 50 years.

Super human amounts of drinking necessary to do that job back in the day.

213. Perth Trader

Winston Smith

#2695256, posted on April 25, 2018 at 4:12 pm
    I just read your post and it made me reflect on my ‘romantic’ youth?….

214. MichelLasouris

I.m amazed at the reaction of some who are getting snotty about the re-assignment of the US ambassador designate to South Korea. It’s blindingly obvious that President Trump needs someone with intimate understanding of the Pacific Area and some military standing especially as the future unfolds on the Korean peninsular. “Face” is all important to the Asians .
    Neither the US nor Australia needs a high profile ambassador here. It’s just a quiet backwater as far as the US is concerned. Any political hack will do, a messenger…no more is needed. Our relationship with the US is secure.

215. DrBeauGan

Innocent entertainment

216. Infidel Tiger

Excellent choice.

217. Perth Trader

As I grow older and hopefully wiser I’ve realized that the greatest gift a man can have is a wife and daughter who respect him.

218. lotocoti

Stainless steel straws are the ‘new’ ‘thing’ to ‘save the planet’ from plastic.

They won’t be, one second after someone sucking on a ss straw gets a slap on the back.

219. Perth Trader;

I just read your post and it made me reflect on my ‘romantic’ youth?….

Romantic?
    You dag.
    I’d have rooted a snake if someone had held it straight for me. 😺

220. Infidel Tiger

Very low attendances at both Anzac matches for the AFL.

The public car park was closed last night and today because of muslims which is largely why.

221. Snoopy

Excellent choice.

Is that the NV?

222. wivenhoe

Stainless steel straws are the ‘new’ ‘thing’ to ‘save the planet’ from plastic.

My daughter has been selling them for a few years, along with the mini brush to clean them.

223. Roger.

Not so; Canberra is regarded as a critical posting by the Americans. And the US needs someone like Harris here to kick us into line in light of the rapidly changing strategic setting in the region. Harris was the prefect fit for many reasons. At best the decision is ham fisted, at worst it’s a short sighted snub. Cha should have gone to SK.

224. Lotocoti;

That’s why coke sniffers use hundred dollar notes – less chance of a subdural bleed.

225. DrBeauGan

Is that the NV?

No, it’s the NNV. The date gives it away.

And it’s good. Even better than the ten dollar Jacob’s Creek.

226. MichelLasouris

Marcus @ 2695132
    I’m with you on this. The baying, drumming flares, etc are gradually pointing to outbreaks of mass hysteria and wholesale hooliganism. I won’t go NEAR a sports crowd exiting any field. to do so is courting disaster. Once the blood is up, be it mobs in South Africa, in shit-hole Arab countries, or even fringe “European” countries, the prospect of mass violence is all too real. War substitute I suppose.

Thank you, Princess Cruises.

Hi Bruce! [waves from North Africa]

Good stuff. They did a magnificent commentary on Cunard too, as we sailed past Galipoli (not ANZAC Day). The Beloved sat on our balcony sipping wine and gazing on that terrible bit of coast. Neither of us had family who served there. Western Front and Light Horse.

228. MichelLasouris

I should have added..”baying religious mobs in the Sub Continent”

229. min

Grandson who is the drum major of the Scotch College Pipe Band led the boys in today’s Anzac March . Although I have seen him at highland gatherings , this was the first time in full regalia, complete with busby.
    He turned 17 yesterday so has taken on a lot of responsibility. I am sure Prof Jordan Peterson would be pleased to see a young fellow following his first rule.

230. nemkat

It wasn’t even as bad as that in Qld.
    Only Aborigines under the Protection Act of 1897 were forbidden from drinking in pubs. Since pubs were unlicensed in Qld before 1935, even small country towns had at least 10, and they weren’t going to refuse anyone with cash.

231. Perth Trader

Infidel Tiger ,….Auctioneering is a art…the ability to entertain a crowd to loosen there wallets. To pull ‘phantom’ bids from phantom buyers pushing up the price without being caught is staggering to witness. Watching a auctioneer heckle and be heckled by the crowd in jest is entertaining…a dead art .

232. Snoopy

I assume that the only reason James Comey could have for lawyering up and engaging Former U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald is that he is guilty of committing serious criminal offences.

Amiright Monty?

233. Roger.

The head of the AEMO gives an upbeat talk, but the ominous message is that solar panels are flooding in, there are lots of problems, and not only are baseload generators leaving the market, but there may come a day when things are so ludicrously expensive that big energy customers leave to generate their own too.

Zibelman can afford to be upbeat. At the end of the day she’ll return to NY considerably enriched, leaving the rest of us to carry on as best we can.

Prepare for off-grid living.

234. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Stainless steel straws are the ‘new’ ‘thing’ to ‘save the planet’ from plastic.

I think they would harbour ecoli very nicely.

You would have to be constantly sterilizing them and cleaning them out. Erk.

Ketan Joshi
    ‏@KetanJ0
    A new post. Since this day last year, ~207,000 words have been written about @yassmin_a.

Freedom of speech is racially tuned, and transgressions are anxiously punished. Some thoughts on why, and how we can collectively do better:

Mission accomplished.

236. MichelLasouris

Oh dear. The ABC gave the job of ‘reporting” on the perceived slight regarding the re -assignment of Harry Harris to South Korea , to a dozy female called Elisa Bordello. She STILL hasn’t mastered for vocal fry or ‘creaking’ ( she sounds like a very superior school ma’am. or my Mum an a cross day), but she’s added two more tricks…..audibly sucking in her breath before she ‘launches” …and audible smacking her lips at the beginning of each sentence. WHERE does the ABC get these freaks?

237. dopey

Hinch in France. “Please Pierre, please, just one leetle glass of Beaujolais.”

238. Snoopy

and audible smacking her lips at the beginning of each sentence.

Could she be Paul Kelly’s granddaughter?

239. MichelLasouris

2695297. Dear Elizabeth. I remember STRAW straws. Yep, real straw fashioned from Rye Grass straws. in a packet of about 20. So cheap…use once ….into the compost. Never got ‘soggy and were quite robust in the hands of infants I recall.

1 2 3 8