Open Forum: May 12, 2018

1,077 Responses to Open Forum: May 12, 2018

1. Snoopy

Well, that’s a surprise! Bugman appointed as new law dean at University of Tasmania.

He sees the role of law as a means to achieving a fairer society, and values the presence of the Tasmanian Law Reform Institute within the university’s law faculty.

2. struth

Dot got hit by a low flying copy of the constitution, so he’s gone to the country with no borders in the sky.
    He just doesn’t have the immigration fee quite together yet.

Infidel Tiger

#2709824, posted on May 13, 2018 at 1:26 pm

I have considered faking my own death just to make sure things are conducted properly at my funeral.

After I am elected it shall be a capital crime to play any Cold Chisel within 150 metres of a funeral venue, with special provisions for those playing “Khe Sanh” …
    Hung, drawn, quartered, head on a pike to the sounds of Andre Rieu’s greatest hits.

4. mh

Raman [email protected]_Ghavami
    H.J.Ansari Zarif’s senior advisor: “If Europeans stop trading with Iran and don’t put pressure on US then we will reveal which western politicians and how much money they had received during nuclear negotiations to make #IranDeal happen.”
    That would be interesting.#JCPOA

5:16 AM – May 9, 2018

Mutty Merkel, look out!

5. DrBeauGan

I find funerals depressing. I’m intending to skip mine.

Boganist!

Confirmed.
    But I do wish people would take five minutes to read the lyrics of some funeral song choices.

7. Snoopy

Hassan Rouhani needs to conduct an urgent investigation into how Michael Cohen bribed H.J.Ansari Zarif’s senior advisor.

8. struth

When I know I’m going, I’m going to hop in my Kenworth, wait for an antifa march and show the mussies how it is really done.

9. Fat Tony

struth
    #2709839, posted on May 13, 2018 at 1:38 pm

This must be really tempting for those people whose families have been wiped out by mussies driving assault trucks.

Peter FitzSimons: ‘Let’s all kill ourselves.’

David Goodall leads the way with choice we should all get to have.

So where are you now, you fierce opponents of euthanasia and the right-to-die? How many of you, honestly, can look at the triumphant – you heard me – passing of the 104-year-old Australian scientist David Goodall in Switzerland on Thursday and say that he got it wrong ..?

Here I am, Peter. He got it wrong.
    FitzSimons goes on to encourage all old people to organise homicides for themselves:

And so I ask again, to those in this country, who oppose such a dignified way of ending one’s life. Where is the problem in any of the above? How many of us, if given the choice between ending it this way, and ending it with the ghastly descent most very old people experience, would not choose Mr Goodall’s way? Not you opponents of right-to-die? Fine. It’s not your choice. It’s our choice. And it’s like your damn hide to maintain that Goodall was wrong, and the rest of us have no right to choose how we go.

He is saying sick elderly people are undignified.

11. DrBeauGan

That circus was dignified?

12. DrBeauGan

I reserve the right to off myself if life should become intolerable with no prospect of improvement.

But I do wish Fitzsimmons would set a good example. He should swallow a dozen gumnuts, dig a big hole, jump in and pull it in after himself, thus turning himself into a gum tree. Which would be a great improvement.

13. John Constantine

Replay of Ireland’s first test cricket match on Sky.

The boyos don’t seem to be getting the ball to move “Irish” yet though.

First days play washed out of course.

14. Rae

I just did a search and found Memory Vault and Grigory M having an interesting discussion about memory. Back on an Open Forum on 6 August 2016.

Memory Vault reckoned he had a university measured, quantified and certified eidetic memory

15. Oh come on

Wow it really is starved for attention. It’s getting really desperate. Good job, everyone.

16. Myrddin Seren

Paging Jack Bauer, Mr Jack Bauer – please pick up the red hotline:

So John Kerry just left a meeting @ L’Avenue in Paris w/3 Iranians. A friend was sitting next to their table and heard JK blasting @realDonaldTrump. The Iranians had a 5 person security detail and left in diplomatic vehicles. Is he FARA registered?

via SDA.

17. Fat Tony

Oh come on
    #2709850, posted on May 13, 2018 at 1:56 pm

The only course of action for the Trollius Faecus

He sees the role of law as a means to achieving a fairer society,

What an arsehole.

He (Tim McCormack) was dismayed by the lack of action from federal politicians on the Uluru Statement from the Heart calling for a representative body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to be enshrined in the Constitution.

“I wonder to myself, what do we need to do in Tassie to respond to (the Uluru Statement from the Heart)?” he said.

“I need to inform myself about what the Indigenous people of Tassie want from it.”

Although he stressed his expertise was not in criminal law, Professor McCormack said he was concerned by government moves to introduce mandatory sentencing for certain offences.

Tasmania’s Liberal Government has reintroduced legislation to create mandatory sentences for child sex offenders.

Professor McCormack said he knew the lawyers for Van Tuong Nguyen, the Australian man who was executed by Singapore in 2005 for drug trafficking, and that had shaped his attitude toward mandatory sentencing.

“Of course we’re not talking about mandatory sentencing in Tassie with the death penalty, but I feel like the principal of discretion for the judicial decision makers is a really important one and I’d be very loath to jump on the bandwagon of supporting mandatory sentencing in relation to any category of offender.”

There is so much virtue signalling in that dross the prick could take off. But seriously this is what encourages aboriginal entitlement and victimhood and promotes a disconnected Judiciary. A destructive wanker.

19. Exit Stage Right

I don’t think the talking head in the Red Banana would have the guts to top himself if he was on the downhill slide. Piss and wind Pete. Go ahead, prove me wrong!

20. Steve trickler.

David Goodall is no longer around….to wake up to a glorious sunrise, smell the rain, and look a baby in the face. I wonder how Stephen Hawking would think about this exit from the world. If alive today?

Hawking voice: I stuck around for as long as i could, and you chicken out with the first inconvenience of physical ailments.

And Goodall can no longer discover clips like this. He’s choice. A bad choice.

It will put a smile on the face of those still living.

Peter FitzSimons: ‘Let’s all kill ourselves.’

David Goodall leads the way with choice we should all get to have.

Will Pirate Pete fall on his pirate sword?

22. struth

Will Pirate Pete fall on his pirate sword?

He hasn’t finished playing with it.

23. Snoopy

The curious thing about SJW lawyers’ opposition to mandatory sentencing on principal is that their opposition is never extended to include mandatory sentencing for drink driving offences despite that being the most common.

That tells me that their claims of opposition on principal are just so much bullshit.

24. H B Bear

Kelli Underwood controlling the narrative.

Tranny Gerard Whateley. Has singlehandedly made every ALPBC sports program worse. That’s quite an achievement.

25. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

He sees the role of law as a means to achieving a fairercommunist society,

fixing

26. notafan

Fitzsimmons need to be steadfast-refuse treatment for any potential fatal illness

What are the odds?

27. nemkat

Rae
    #2709847

Thanks for that link to the days when there was a bit of colour on the Cat.
    Funny thing, i was expecting to see 40 or 50 banal comments from DrBeauGan, but couldn’t find any.

28. Stimpson J. Cat

Grigory M having an interesting discussion

Fake News.
    This is not that sort of blog.
    For Shame.

29. Stimpson J. Cat

Bandana Brain Syndrome.

He hasn’t stopped there. He and his smartarse knowall boss, Craig Hutchison, the novice CEO of SEN, are destroying commercial sports radio in Melbourne.

31. H B Bear

I meant Underwood. Whateley was a sanctimonious dickhead. Not missed.

32. Perth Trader

Death just might be the ‘final frontier’.

33. Perth Trader

What did you do for mothers day..?…I got up early and brought my wife a box of my fave chocolates…

34. Makka

Macron, Merkel, Hussein, Kerry, Hilldebeast all running around the world like scared rabbits trying to hold this corrupt pact together lest Trump exposes them. Brennan and Rice come out on 8 May screaming how Trump the destroyer will bring on nuclear holocaust.

Trump has destroyed ISIS, removed NK as a threat and now is tackling Iran. He will win of course. All the while he is draining the swamp and putting the cleaners through the FBI , DOJ and staunching the cash flow that fuels CIA corruption.

But, but Trump banged a pawn worker and grabbed pussy and Wussia! I think it’s becoming clear why the leftscum are in such a panic about this guy Trump. How disappointed will they be when their white knight Mueller turns up a big nothing burger?

35. Ubique

We’re all enjoying a Mother’s Day picnic at Manners Hill Park overlooking the Swan River. A balmy day, the lads playing kick to kick and the dogs running about. Delightful. Glad to be here and not Paris.

36. Baldrick

Oh come on
    #2709850, posted on May 13, 2018 at 1:56 pm

37. LNP insider

nemkat

#2709754, posted on May 13, 2018 at 11:40 am

The dumping of a Turnbull government assistant minister from her blue-ribbon Brisbane seat has revived debate about the number of womenvaginas in conservative ranks, with one angry Coalition MP saying she’s “appalled” and women are ready to quit the party.

Yeah, nah.
    Prentice only got the gig because of her husband, who represented Toowong in State Parliament in the 1980s.
    Interestingly [or not], Charles Porter, grandfather of the present A/G, preceded Mr Prentice in Toowong.
    The takeaway?
    Vagina don’t matter, it’s who you are related to.

I would add also patronage of non related proteges. Sitting and former MPs believe they own the party.

38. Cactus

In Sydney it is cold and rainy. Never let this miserable weather go to waste. So on goes the fireplace. Big pot of slow cooked lamb shanks go in the oven. Now to consider the red wine…

Nick
    #2709695, posted on May 13, 2018 at 10:06 am

Nick, the Viets and Chinese have been fighting each other for centuries.

Bern, I know.
    I had someone complaining about the number of Asians around. While true, I reminded him that while here, they don’t bomb anyone, aren’t asking us to bow to their ways,

Yet.

40. Stimpson J. Cat

Raman Ghavami
    @Raman_Ghavami
    That would be interesting.
    #JCPOA

41. Stimpson J. Cat

Thomas Sowell
    @ThomasSowell
    “One of the reasons it has taken so long for some people to finally see through Barack Obama is that people do not like to admit, even to themselves, that they have been played for fools by a slick-talking politician.”

42. DrBeauGan

There must be some chance that the trolls will decide to off themselves. Surely the arid, pointless nature of their existence must dawn upon them sometime. It has dawned upon everyone else.

43. Makka

Not quite correct. By sheer weight of numbers they will turn (are turning) this nation into a western version of their shithole homelands. We bow to that encroaching wave every day as we live like ants, pay extortionate energy and land prices etc. Wake up. Your pal was quite right to complain.

44. Delta A

LNP Insider, have you read Janet Albrechtsen’s article yesterday, outlining plans to install serial turncoat Rebekha Sharkie in the Liberal Party?

What sort of idiots are running the show there?

Sharkie has all the integrity and loyalty of a.. well, marauding shark describes her best. As if there’s not enough dross in the LNP as it is.

Any more of those brilliant ideas floating around in those empty heads?

45. Roger.

FitzSimons is the type who, if he got a terminal disease, would be off overseas looking for a miracle cure, stat.

46. Makka

Yes, huge mistake. Turdball owns the party. He paid for it at the last election and every LNP MP knows it and no doubt is reminded of it regularly.

47. Notafan;
    Illinois has returned Democrat congressmen for yonks.
    The capital of Illinois is Chicago.
    Why it’s being turned into a shit state, I couldn’t tell you.

48. RobK

The capital of Illinois is Chicago.
    Excuse my pedantry but; the capitol of Illinois is Springfield. Granted most of the capital might be centered in Chicago.

49. Snoopy

THEIR ABC

Wages growth anchored near all time lows despite booming jobs growth

Despite or because of?

50. vr

You heard about this bank first here … Greta Van Fleet

Sounds a lot like Robert Plant

51. Makka;

But, but Trump banged a pawn worker and grabbed pussy and Wussia!Wussia!Wussia!

I love that Wussia! line.

Just had a dip in the Dead Sea. It is dropping about 2m a year because the feeder (Galilee and Jordan) are being siphoned off for water.

I helped that momentarily courtesy of Mr Archimedes, then rose sylph-like and glowing from its therapeutic waters.

Truth – two kindly gentlemen helped me to my feet on the very slippery ramp. And yes, the water is very, very salty. And there were waves. Not conducive to conversation or reading.

53. LNP insider

Delta A

#2709896, posted on May 13, 2018 at 3:26 pm

What sort of idiots are running the show there?

Any more of those brilliant ideas floating around in those empty heads?

Yep powerbrokers love bringing in “credentialed” outsiders then wonder later why they are disloyal and lack the party’s core values.

54. DrBeauGan

And best wishes to all the real mothers out there.

55. RobK;

Pedantry is welcomed otherwise I would go to my grave thinking the wrong thing!
    🙂

56. Makka

Horseshit. There are no LNP core values besides remaining in power to suck on the taxpayers teat.

57. Roger.

The Liberal Party has core values…who knew?

58. rickw

Good news from Sydney airport, there seems to be a shortage of muzzie security screeners.

59. Fat Tony

DrBeauGan
    #2709911, posted on May 13, 2018 at 3:46 pm

Don’t fret, Dr BG, we all know you’re a mother-f……

60. nemkat

Even if that were true, it’s still to be preferred over the turmoil of Labor’s change for change’s sake.

61. Rae

Mr Spergy is back, Baby!

????

62. cynical1

You heard about this band first here … Greta Van Fleet

Premier Guitar Mag, actually.

12 months ago.

63. Rae

The Liberal Party has core values…who knew?

They had core promises under Howard.

64. Baldrick

Mmmyes, vote Liberal ’cause at least they’re not Labor.
    Get the fuck outta here.

65. nemkat

Baldrick upthread:
    Vote ALP, because the Liberal Party haven’t solved every one of Australia’s problems, dating back to 1788.

Get the fuck outta here.

nemkat
    #2709924, posted on May 13, 2018 at 4:10 pm
    Baldrick upthread:

Link?

No, I didn’t think so.

Mr Baldrick, Sir – please heed the Wise & Mighty Baldrick’s advice:

DON’T FEED THE TROLL: SCROLL THE TROLL!!
    DON’T FEED THE TROLL: SCROLL THE TROLL!!
    DON’T FEED THE TROLL: SCROLL THE TROLL!!
    DON’T FEED THE TROLL: SCROLL THE TROLL!!

68. Stimpson J. Cat

Read This And F$cking Weep.

THE SHATTERED father of the four children killed in the Margaret River family shooting massacre says he still loves the man believed responsible for their deaths – their grandfather.
    Peter Miles, his wife Cynda, daughter Katrina and Mr Cockman’s four children — daughter Taye, 13, and sons Rylan, 12, Arye, 10, and Kadyn Cockman, eight — were found dead at the Miles’ Osmington property, northeast of Margaret River in Western Australia on Friday.
    “I still love who Peter was. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have Katrina, I wouldn’t have her kids,” Aaron Cockman told reporters today, speaking publicly for the first time since the tragedy.
    “So it’s not some random guy off the street who’s taken them away from me — he gave them to me and now he’s taken them away.
    “If it had to happen, there is no better person than that.”

Mr Cockman, who was estranged from Katrina, said he had not spoken to Peter and Cynda “since they cut me off from my kids” but being angry served no purpose. “Anger will destroy you. I’m sad but I’ll get through this.”
    He said he was “filled with tremendous sadness” over the loss of his children, but noted they at least “died peacefully in their beds”.

“I had one question this morning, I just asked … was Kayden in his own bed or was he sleeping with Kat?
    “He’s still at that age where he still sleeps with Kat and I was told ‘yes’, he was in Kat’s bed.”
    He said he did not think Peter Miles made a “snap” decision to kill the children.
    “Peter didn’t snap. He’s thought this through. I think he’s been thinking this through for a long time,” he said.

“All these kids died peacefully in their beds. The (police officer) that went through, he said they looked all peaceful. How the hell Peter did that I still can’t figure out, but if someone did it … he did a good job, he did a really good job.”
    He added that Peter was “an awesome man, before this all blew up. He was like my best friend. I still love who he was but his mental attitude… There are some people you just don’t want to get on the wrong side of. That’s Peter and Cynda.’’
    Earlier, authorities confirmed three guns found at the Margaret River property where an entire family was found dead belonged to the property owner, Peter Miles.
    WA Police commissioner Chris Dawson confirmed the identities of the deceased in what is being described as Australia’s worst mass shooting in more than two decades.
    The three guns were all found at the property where Cynda, 58, and Peter Miles, 61, were believed to have died early yesterday at their farm in Osmington, near Margaret River in Western Australia.

Mr Cockman is either in extreme shock, or some sort of really weird cat.

70. nemkat

Baldrick
    #2709925,

nemkat
    #2709924,
    Baldrick upthread:

Link?
    No, I didn’t think so.

I was referring to comment #2709922.
    At least you’re not memoryvault’s sock.
    No evidence of eidetic memory there.

71. Boambee John

From the immigration thrrad

Up the Workers at 1208

Have every second election staffed and run exclusively by card-carrying members and financial donors to the Liberal Party – surely that would be just as fair and impartial (he says, tongue planted firmly in cheek).

The concept of the independent, non-partisan, organisation is a farce. Everyone, everyone, has political opinions.

This stupid concept has been used to justify organisations like the various electoral commissions, HRC and similar organisations that are inevitably staffed by left fascists.

All such organisations, should they even exist, should be staffed by a mix of openly partisan people who keep an eye on each other. Politicians who try to sub-contract their responsibilities to organisations like the HRC, then staff them with their political mates, to give a fig leaf of impartiality should have their ministerial salaries reduced to pay for their puppets.

He’s still in shock, Stimps.

He’ll be very, very angry soon, poor man. At present he’s trying to make sense of it all.

One thing to take from it – don’t trivialise your children by giving them stupid names.

73. DrBeauGan

The parents were preparing for the future, Calli. Now they can all have sex change operations without needing to change their names.

74. Stimpson J. Cat

The story deepens, from StuffNZ:

Speaking outside the Margaret River police station, Aaron Cockman revealed a lengthy custody battle had been going on between himself and Katrina, the mother of their four children.
    “I’ve had so much anger … ever since I was cut off from my kids for six months. That was due to Peter and Cynda,” he said.
    “I used to drive around town just hoping to see them … but that anger I felt is gone. I don’t feel angry. I feel tremendous sadness for my kids.”

Exhibit A.

I suspect they were a toxic, controlling couple. Things go out of control? Top yourself and take others with you.

One of the benefits of age is the wisdom that so much of life is way beyond our control. We just have to ride the wave.

May have passed them by.

76. Frank

I can’t imagine he has finished cycling through those emotions just yet.

Mum might have been making noises about leaving the reservation and taking the kids. Sounds like a motive.

78. Anthony

Kim Young One must really have fucked up badly with his underground tests. He is about to bull doze his errors in an attempt to hide the damage he has caused. China must be really unhappy with him.

79. Stimpson J. Cat

The poor dumb b$stard.
    He’s gone the Jesus Buddha route because he knew that if he escalated it could set them off, and he was hoping to eventually wear them down through peaceful non-violence and sheer patience.
    But they had to f$cking win.
    They had to have the last word.
    The evil c$nts.

80. Nick

I like the story of the family who sued a crematorium, they played the B side of the song they wanted, which was “we’ll meet again” and instead played “smoke gets in your eyes”.

81. Delta A

LNP Insider, it’s good to read your posts on issues within the party. I have no doubt that you have knowledge and understanding beyond the general scope.

I often wonder about Turnbull’s standing within the ranks. Is he considered the talented and effective politician that he thinks himself to be? Do members get frustrated with his lack of policy, of direction and courage. Do they support his wishy-washy tactics in dealing with the opposition?

One specific point: doesn’t anyone there have enough backbone to take it up to Labor on the matter of dual citizenship? Or is it that more Libs (Turnbull included) could be found wanting if the point were pressed?

82. Stimpson J. Cat

What a complete and utter craven coward Peter Miles was.
    All he had to do was shoot the father if he was such an alleged threat.
    But no.
    He didn’t.
    He shot two women and four kids instead.
    Which would have been easier?
    What a f$cking monster.

LOL

Hymns Ancient and Modern for me. Safer. And if the children dare do a eulogy or print one of those pamphlets picturing me in my yoof, I’ll come back and haunt them.

84. Nick

They are all at the MCG.

85. zyconoclast

Jessica Mauboy is talented and sang a good catchy pop song. You can’t win with that.
    She should have put on a false beard and gained 20kg. Mainland Europe produces absolute crap in popular music. Israel has cleverly gamed them in outshitting their shit.

The beard thing has been done before.

The only chance she had was to expose the “beard” in her nether regions.
    A merkin might act as substitute and if she can borrow Cate Mcgregor’s ‘cut-off’ bits, Mauboy will have it made… for next year.

86. vr

Premier Guitar Mag, actually.

Okay. just heared this magazine.

What a f$cking monster.

Yep; his carcass should be left out for the crows to pick.

Just caught up with Eurovision. Oh, my sides!

Well played, Israel!

89. Nick

Hannah Mouncey would be a shoo in at Eurovision.
    She and Cate McGregor could sing ‘great balls of fire’.

90. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Five suicide bombers — including a woman with children — targeted Sunday Mass congregations in three churches in Indonesia’s second largest city, Surabaya, killing at least 10 people and injuring dozens in what police say is one of the worst attacks on the Christian minority.

91. Delta A

That should be a Liberty Quote!

Years ago, I wasted so much time and effort worrying about things that I couldn’t change: my brothers’ marriage breakups, the outcome of the Cuban/Afghanistan/you-name-it crises. And so much more!

These days I limit my worrying to issues that I can control: where to go after leaving beautiful, colourful Bright, where’s the nearest Dan Murphys and which town has the best Chinese restaurant.

And, although my latent inclination is to worry about my family – especially my precious grandchildren – I stomp that down, knowing that Son and Daughter/Son in Law are fully blessed with capability and commitment, and wisdom that grows year after year.

92. DrBeauGan

That’s easy, Delta. Real strength of character is when you leave a situation to a couple of incompetents, absolutely confident they will stuff up.

93. Cactus

Listening to spotify on an acoustic covers mix. Great mix, but some covers are weird. One is a guy covering I kissed a girl and I liked it. Just weird that song lyrics and a guy sining it. Or very 2018.

94. pete m

We should send AC/DC next year to Eurovision.

95. Nick

There’s a book out at the moment regarding how liberating it can be to not give a shot anymore.

Chortle. The Beloved’s and my parents showed great strength of character. And we have followed their example.

🙃

97. Delta A

So true, Beaugy.

The interesting thing is that, when left entirely to their own devices, they often step up to the grade.

And if they don’t… well, the older, wiser me says c’est la vie.

98. Delta A

We should send AC/DC next year to Eurovision.

Oh, yea! They will rock them!

99. nemkat

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2709948, posted on May 13, 2018 at 4:56 pm
    What a complete and utter craven coward Peter Miles was.
    All he had to do was shoot the father if he was such an alleged threat.

All the poor bloke wanted was to see his children, and you’re wishing him dead?
    Where are you coming from on this?

The pope and feministas will be all over this.

101. Makka

Chinese ethnicity.

102. Rae

So. I reckon the police will be doing some very serious talking to the estranged husband about just what did go down at the hobby farm near Margaret River.

103. Cary

I avoid federal politics mostly but Bill Shorten appears very Zen these days. Certainly confident about winning, with good reason. But there’s something more. A happy marriage helps for sure, but does he also mediate, anoint his body with frankincense, or something else?

104. Delta A

meditate

The correction doesn’t make your post any more sensible.

105. Dave in Marybrook

Greta Van Fleet? Far too Zeppy in all four ways. Enjoyable, but it’s not really everlasting love when it’s so derivative.
    New discovery in Marybrook is The Budos Band, outta the Daptone label. Brassy and lively like the Cactus Channel used to be, and with a sinister undertone.

You mean bill the alleged r.pist.

107. Roger.

Hymns Ancient and Modern for me.

Especially since if its the revised standard edition there’s nothing more modern than 1950 ;-).

Don’t get me wrong, modern music has its place…just not at my funeral service.

108. DrBeauGan

The correction doesn’t make your post any more sensible.

Cary the fary uses dope instead of alcohol. He’s a sort of new age OWG. You shouldn’t expect sense from either.

109. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

fake tits shorten reeks of eau de fabian

110. candy

but noted they at least “died peacefully in their beds”.

Hard to see how one adult and four biggish kids could be shot and died peacefully in their beds all in a short timeframe.
    Someone killed his kids and he said he still loves who the killer was, just not his mental attitude.

Maybe it was a kind of a cult thing they had going on.

111. Cary

Frankincense is a known immunity booster. There was a good reason it was one of the key gifts of the Three Wise Men. I bet Shorten does use aromatherapy. But what else?

112. nemkat

but noted they at least “died peacefully in their beds”.

As opposed to being wide awake in the middle of the day, and frightened out of their wits before they died.
    That’s what he’s saying.
    The local cops should’ve known what Peter Miles was capable of, so they’ve got a bit of explaining to do over why Miles had a gun licence, and why they took no action over the father’s [now obviously valid] concerns.

113. nemkat

Further to comment #2709991, it’s another example of the Police refusing to take action until damage has been done.
    This time, it wasn’t just some greedy woman’s house being wrecked.

114. candy

Why would the police suspect he was about to kill his whole family, nemkat?

It seems a tremendous shock to the whole community. What were the signs the police ignored that he was about to blast their brains out in bed?

115. Roger.

There was a good reason it was one of the key gifts of the Three Wise Men.

Yes, it was emblematic of his offering his life in sacrifice.

“Let me prayer arise before you as incense, and the lifting up of my hands as an evening sacrifce”.

116. Ragu

No. But he is speeding up his baldness.

117. nemkat

It’s a small community, yet the father hadn’t seen the children or sighted them in the town for 6 months.
    The F-i-L wasn’t a person to get on the wrong side of, according to the Dad, as well as being State President of Apex.
    It’s reasonable to assume he conveyed his concerns to the cops, and nothing was done.

118. Infidel Tiger

He got away with r a pe. He should be happy.

Teh Sunday Project: Karen Middleton – the current dearth of wymminses LNP MPs could lose Party membership.

With the current crop of femme LNP lightweights, it’s worth it.

Sitting and former MPs believe they own the party.

That’s yer problem, right there.

121. H B Bear

Teh Sunday Project: Karen Middleton – …

Will opine for doughnuts.

Blanchett part of protest on Cannes carpet
    Brent Lang, Reuters
    May 13, 2018 4:07pm
    The #MeToo movement took centre stage at the Cannes Film Festival, as Cate Blanchett, Marion Cotillard, Patty Jenkins and other female filmmakers and artists gathered together in order to agitate for improved treatment of women in the movie business.

There were 82 women in total on Saturday, a reference to the number of female directors who have climbed the steps of the Palais, the festival’s central theatre, since Cannes began celebrating celluloid in 1942.

In the same period, 1866 male directors ascended the same stairs, Blanchett said in a statement, as the women linked their arms in solidarity. The Oscar-winning actress and Cannes jury head was flanked by Kristen Stewart, Marion Cotillard, Ava DuVernay, Lea Seydoux, and Salma Hayek.

“Women are not a minority in the world, yet the current state of the industry says otherwise,” Blanchett said.

“As women, we all face our own unique challenges, but we stand together on these stairs today as a symbol of our determination and commitment to progress. We are writers, producers, directors, actresses, cinematographers, talent agents, editors, distributors, sales agents and all involved in the cinematic arts.”

After Blanchett spoke, Agnes Varda, the legendary French film director of Faces Places, added, “The stairs of our industry must be accessible to all. Let’s climb.”

The spectre of Harvey Weinstein, the indie film producer who helped spark an industry-wide reckoning after being accused of assaulting or harassing dozens of women, was evoked during a 20-minute gathering that was both solemn and celebratory. Announcers at the demonstration said this new awareness has come about in the wake of “Harvey Day,” calling it “a terrible event” with important consequences. After Blanchett and Varda spoke, the assembled women erupted in cheers.

Festival organisers have been criticised for failing to do more to publicly acknowledge the #MeToo and Time’s Up initiatives. They have also been faulted for not promoting more female filmmakers. Only three of the 18 films in competition this year are from female filmmakers — a low number that nevertheless represents Cannes’ best showing since 2011.

123. Roger.

LNP women threaten to resign their membership over LNP woman’s de-selection.

Result: Fewer LNP women available for pre-selection.

Thinking is clearly not their strong suit.

124. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Thinking is clearly not their strong suit.

amen

125. Nick

Just imagine the wanking had it been Obama that had made progress on North Korea.

126. H B Bear

The number of decent female politicians from either branch of the UniParty can be counted on one hand.

Golda Meir: “We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us”

128. Dave in Marybrook

Blanchett- despite her Oscar-winning star power and glamourous mates, lost $25oK in a year when appointed director of Sydney Theatre.
    Obviously, wants more promotion because vagina.

129. DrBeauGan

Thinking is clearly not their strong suit.

But they’re ever so good at feeling, Roger.

Rebuilding elsewhere?

131. Baldrick

That’d be the same Cate Blanchette that named her son Roman after a child molester with the surname Polanski.
    Mmmyes.

132. old bloke

I think she’s already there.

133. jupes

Four points:

* Note that it is only “one of the worst attacks on the Christian minority“. They have had worse ones.
    * Thank goodness Muslims are generally incompetent. 10 deaths from five bombs is not value for money.
    * How evil do you have to be to use a woman with children? (Were her kids among the victims?)
    * Let’s invite more Indonesians to immigrate, after all they are the peaceful ones.

134. Nick

Abdel Magpie has a point. Who could fail to notice a grinning virago with a loud mouth and a haberdashery shop on her head?

Hannah Mouncey would be a shoo in at Eurovision.

With Fitzy doing a number from The Pirates of Penzance.

136. Shy Ted

Singing We Got Love, the Australian star came 20th out of 26 entries at the big event.
    So how much did that little international effort cost us poor taxpayers?

Obviously manipulative and likely toxic, then.

138. Nick

Hannah Mouncey would be a shoo in at Eurovision.
    With Fitzy doing a number from The Pirates of Penzance.

Hmm, red rag and a scrag. Makes sense

139. Shy Ted

Donning a purple sequinned dress “inspired by her dreamtime story”, Mauboy was greeted by cheers from the crowd who sang along during her performance.
    Donning a dead kangaroo skin “inspired by her dreamtime story”, Mauboy was greeted by cheers from the crowd who sang along during her performance. FIFY.

140. Nick

Donning a purple sequinned dress “inspired by her dreamtime story”

The gay serpent
    Hang on, does rainbow serpent mean what I think it means ?

141. I am celebrating mother’s day by eating an enormous bar of toblerone. Don’t tell me I can’t, I’m doing it.

Oh dear.

egg_

#2710030, posted on May 13, 2018 at 7:06 pm

The F-i-L wasn’t a person to get on the wrong side of, according to the Dad, as well as being State President of Apex.

Obviously manipulative and likely toxic, then.

Uh-huh.
    When the dad said that the F-i-L had denied access to thelids I thought “WTF does the F-i-L have to do with it.”
    This needs a full and open coroner’s hearing including whether the old xunt was pulling Family Court strings.
    How can a father be shut out from access to his kids on the say-so of that murderous old prick.

Eurovision Song Contest 2018: Jessica Mauboy left devastated as winner announced

The popular event will be screened on SBS again tonight in an encore at 7.30pm (AEST).

144. mizaris

Lovely Mothers’ Day lunch cooked by the sisters in law.

Libs not fielding a candidate in Perth – not one bit happy about this. Labor, Green or single issue nitwit anyone???

“Backstabbing for Beginners” – want a good movie – try this one.

145. feelthebern

Bill Shorten aromatherapy.

146. Rae

Snoopy. Who was Mr Spergy?

Margaret River, another Lionel Murphy ‘success’.

Donning a purple sequinned dress “inspired by her dreamtime story”

The purple-headed dreamtime serpent?

149. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

An audible gasp went out in the breakout room I was in at last month’s pension event cosponsored by The Civic Federation and the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. That was when a speaker from the Chicago Fed proposed levying, across the state and in addition to current property taxes, a special property assessment they estimate would be about 1% of actual property value each year for 30 years.

150. zyconoclast

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words.
    If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
    – Philip K Dick

151. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Monty’s jealous.

won’t someone think of the grannies?

152. Percy Porcelain

He is saying sick elderly people are undignified.

Yep. When I think of dignified dinosaurs, I think of a fat drooling inarticulate cretin with a red hankie on his bonce.

*ImsodignifiedItellsya

153. zyconoclast

Is There Room in Diversity For White People?

And yet wholesome is not the word that comes to mind when one assesses the newest wrinkle in academia’s attempt to balance the scales: an all-out, unapologetic assault on ‘whiteness’ itself. Today’s college administrators increasingly frame diversity and inclusion as lessons that must be learned by whites alone—and they’re lessons that too often unfold as interventions that force whites to regard themselves less as full partners in diversity than an obstacle to be overcome so that other constituencies might thrive. (This flows from another favored academic trope, the concept of the zero-sum society, wherein white success necessarily comes at the expense of non-white failure.) Colleges require the injection of units—if not whole introductory courses—on diversity in major subject areas “from physics to forestry,” as the Atlantic put it, and syllabi confirm the prevailing view of whiteness as something of an anachronistic disease that, like cholera, has no place in modern life.

Israel has cleverly gamed them in outshitting their shit.

The singing hello kitty sumo was a new theme.

155. mizaris

calli
    #2709909, posted on May 13, 2018 at 3:43 pm

My poor husband didn’t get his legs of the bottom early enough and toppled right over under the water. His eyes were stinging for quite some time. I just bobbed along enjoying the weightlessness. We had both been suffering a touch of the wobbly tummy and the salt water on the bottom parts was quite relieving.

The basic tool for (the) manipulation…

Is faking sincerity.

/Groucho Marx

157. If you want to pick up something that’s too heavy for a couple of blokes, easy. Drill a hole and screw in a hook. Get forklift, wire sling and pick it up.
    What if it’s too heavy for a thousand blokes?
    Same thing. Just need a bigger hook.

158. Fat Tony

White genocide, cos the white races are not easily controlled and enslaved like the other races.

159. jupes

Donning a purple sequinned dress “inspired by her dreamtime story”

This is why she was “left devastated”.

She played the race card and lost.

160. Fat Tony

Winston Smith
    #2710059, posted on May 13, 2018 at 7:40 pm

They gonna need a bigger boat………….

Memo to Channel Nine …
    If you’re going to tout a 60 Minutes “Special Event” on MH370 which gives viewers to understand you’ve more or less found it, do bear in mind that they realise this would have been reported globally if it was remotely true.

Why don’t they just call Eurovision the Gay Song Contest and be done with it?

A six pack of beer could be the purchasing limit for town caught in controversy
    WILL ZWAR, NT News
    May 13, 2018 4:32pm
    LIQUOR restrictions which would see punters able to purchase just a six-pack of full strength beer per day could be introduced in Tennant Creek.

The Northern Territory Liquor commission released the proposal on Thursday, which almost cuts the current purchase limit in half. The town’s licensees have 28 days to respond to the proposal.

The plan, which also looks at trading hours, has been drafted after the report stated that in 10 years since the Tennant Creek supply plan, “the burden on government, the community, families and individuals of managing alcohol related harm in Tennant Creek has again become intolerable, and is now unsustainable”.

Goldfields Hotel Motel manager Michael Webb said it would have severe economic repercussions on a town already struggling under liquor legislation.

“We’ve (already) seen massive reduction in trade due to people being afraid to come out, and not being able to buy what they would like to,” he said.

He thinks the hardworking civilians will suffer as the result of wrongdoers.

Xi has been unhappy with Kim’s firecrackers for a while.

China Deploys 300,000 Soldiers To N.Korean Border In “Preparation For Potential War” (6 Feb)

Yanbian is just across the border from Kim’s nuke site. The implication was that if Kim decided to let off a seventh nuke with threatened collapse of the mountain, and possibly eruption of the Mt Paektu volcano, that those 300,000 troops would come over the border.

As it happened the mountain has now collapsed, fortunately with only minor radiation release.

In the last two weeks Kim has visited China twice on his armoured train. Xi has been very quiet about the US-Nork rapprochement thing. Which makes me think that Kim has been given an ultimatum by Xi.

A denuclearized North Korea would still be the buffer state that Xi wants. He doesn’t want a cloud of radioactive fallout coming over the border, nor does he want about five million starving Nork peasants to deal with. So in the Art of the Deal approach to diplomacy the promise of aid to North Korea seems to be Trump’s carrot to win the deal – combined with Xi’s very big stick.

“I believe the individuals disrupting the community in town should be made accountable and pay, not the community,” he said.

“A lot of people here work hard and want to come home and enjoy the hard day’s work.”

Mr Webb said the proposal won’t help curb a problem with illicit substances.

“The ‘sly grog’ and illicit drug trade does increase when you take away alcohol, that’s been proven,” he said.

“People will strive to get more of it if they can — we all know that cocaine and marijuana are illegal but you can still buy them because people want to buy them.”

The reform would see punters able to purchase 18 units of light beer, 12 of mid strength, or a bottle of wine or spirits, up to no more than 750 ml.

It also prohibits the sale of bottles larger than 750ml, and drinks mixers with a 7 per cent or more alcohol content of more than 440ml.

Trading hours are also set to change, with a recommendation to put back sales from 4pm to 7pm, to avoid the collision of purchasing alcohol, and children walking home from school, it will also allow workers finishing at 6pm the opportunity to buy alcohol.

NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner visited Tennant Creek on Friday.

166. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Condemning the “music of nationalism [that] is resounding everywhere in Europe”, Macron called on Europhiles who want to see more power concentrated in Brussels to “move forward with full force and as quickly as possible” with plans for integration so as to drown out the “clear [voices] of nationalists and demagogues”.

167. Gary

That would be interesting.#JCPOA

Fracking tensions boil over at NT Labor conference
    Hayley Sorensen, NT News
    May 13, 2018 9:35am
    THE split between Northern Territory Labor’s parliamentary wing and its members has widened at this weekend’s party conference as tensions boiled over on fracking.

In an embarrassment for the Gunner Government, delegates voted to support a permanent ban on hydraulic fracturing, just a month after the 18-month moratorium was lifted.

The decision to allow fracking was met with approval from the Territory’s business sector amid a flagging economy.

After an exhaustive and independent inquiry into the shale gas extraction industry, Justice Rachel Pepper also deemed any risks posed by the industry could be mitigated if the government followed her safety recommendations.

Those recommendations were adopted in full by the Labor Government.

But the motion by the members is non-binding on its parliamentary wing.

The successful motion to overturn fracking, while unpopular in some circles, is seen by many as one that safely helps secure the Territory’s economic future amid increasing GST cuts and also a smart long-term decision by the Gunner Government.

Labor secretary Kent Rowe survived a coup led by interstate anti-fracking CFMEU forces.

The Sunday Territorian understands the motion to give him the boot was shut down with a two-thirds majority.

Mr Rowe faced down a similar attempt on his position last June.

One delegate told the Sunday Territorian the fracking motion should put Mr Gunner and his Labor parliamentary colleagues on notice.

Addressing Labor members at the beginning of proceedings, Mr Gunner recognised fracking was a divisive issue within the party.

He acknowledged the “passion” of those on both sides of the debate.

“I understand the emotion in this room,” he said.

“But I hope you also understand we have to make our decisions based on evidence, on science, on the experts and that we have to honour our promises.

“You many not agree with our decision and I respect that.

“But I ask you to stay involved, stay passionate because there is still a long way to go as we move through the process of creating world’s-best regulations.”

Despite the internal tensions, Mr Gunner received a standing ovation after his address. Members of the CFMEU and ETU kept their seats during the applause.

169. jupes

Excellent Bruce. First class analysis.

170. Arky

Check out this paint scheme.
    What do yiz think?
    Most of the model A panels are back from sandblasters, welded up and in primer.
    Ford.

NT icon – Mick Denigan of Mick’s Whips – charged in relation to alleged shooting
    KIERAN BANKS, NT News
    May 12, 2018 12:00am
    THE iconic Top End whip maker who allegedly shot an armed man in the thigh with a shotgun at a rural property has been charged by police.

Mick Denigan – the man behind Mick’s Whips – has been charged with recklessly endangering life following the incident at his Livingston property in February.

Another man, 45, who allegedly entered the isolated property with two other people, has also been charged with being armed with an offensive weapon and trespassing.

Mr Denigan, 53, is due to appear in Darwin Local Court on June 6. He would not comment on whether he would contest the charge.

The NT News understands despite charges being laid, Mr Denigan will continue to be allowed to entertain crowds with his whip-cracking shows at the Mindil Markets.

Mr Denigan has been a fixture at the popular sunset markets, with the sound of his cracking whips the first sound heard by patrons.

Rumours grow of tension at ABC Darwin, with well-known morning presenter Margo still off air
    NT News
    May 13, 2018 9:23am
    THE ABC has moved to quash rumours there is a rift between popular morning radio presenter Richard Margetson and bosses.

Mr Margetson, or Margo as he is known, has not been heard on Territory airwaves for more than six weeks.

ABC journalists, including Conor Byrne and Georgia Hitch have been filling in on the early morning segment.

When questioned the ABC stated Mr Margetson was taking personal leave.

The statement did not specify how long Mr Margetson would be on leave for.

“Margo is taking some personal leave at the moment,” the statement read.

“There has been a bit of shuffling of presenters across day parts with both Margo and Conor (Byrne) being on leave but there’s no line-up changes planned or announcements to be made.

“The ABC’s commissioning happens on an annual basis and we make our line-up announcements at the end of the broadcast year.”

However, multiple rumours have been flying around about what led to Mr Margetson leaving the airwaves, with some sources suggesting he is on stress leave because of work issues.

Other rumours suggest he has been edged out of the breakfast slot and forced on leave because of differences with bosses.

Mr Margetson was contacted but did not respond to questions.

The rumours come after four of the most senior journalists in the ABC Darwin newsroom were forced to prove their positions in a Hunger Games style redundancy round.

The move reportedly upset some of the newsroom’s most awarded and hard working staff.

Throughout the nation, 20 senior journalists from the eight capital city newsrooms lost their jobs as the broadcaster moved to restructure its business model towards online and multi-platform services.

C.L.
    #2710065, posted on May 13, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Keep everyone happy?

174. jupes

What do yiz think?

Be hard to beat the first photo – crimson with white roof, red wheels and white wall tyres.

Otherwise the blue with white roof and white wheels.

175. jupes

LOL

As opposed to the loser, slack-arse ones.

Europhiles who want to see more power concentrated in Brussels

That ought to work well.
    Hopefully, the UK proceeds with Brexit.

177. BorisG

yes that is how most government decisions are made /sarc

178. Delta A

What was the original colour, Arky? Does any of the existing interior upholstery (if there is any) suggest a colour?

I quite like the classic green… but hey, I’m a girl. What would I know about (old, very ancient) cars?

179. zyconoclast

Does anyone know if similar voting fraud opportunities exist here?

Absent voting vulnerabilities

5.7 Despite the additional measures introduced since 2007 to improve the
    security of postal voting in Great Britain, some areas of the process remain
    less protected from potential fraud. These vulnerabilities have been identified
    by a number of individuals and groups who have contributed to our review.

5.8 First, under the current Great Britain system of household electoral
    registration, there is no effective mechanism for verifying the identity of people
    applying to register to vote. Fictitious electoral register entries may be created

for a number of fraudulent activities (including financial or benefit fraud, for
    example). The current registration system means that there are no systematic
    checks to detect or identify individuals who attempt to create false entries on
    the electoral register in order to attempt to commit electoral fraud. Once
    fictitious entries have been added to the electoral register, absent voting fraud
    (whether voting by post of by an appointed proxy in the name of those
    fictitious entries) may be more easily coordinated and less easily detectable
    than by voting in person at a polling station.14

5.9 Second, because Electoral Registration Officers (EROs) do not currently
    hold records of every elector’s personal identifiers (such as date of birth) there
    is no direct verification that an application to vote by post has been made by
    the elector themselves.
    Every application must be acknowledged in writing to
    the registered address of the elector (including applications for the postal
    ballot pack to be sent to another address), meaning that the elector should be
    able to identify an attempted fraudulent application. This check is dependent
    on the capacity of each individual elector, however, and could be subverted by
    someone who has access to the property. This fraud might only be discovered
    by the elector when they attempt to vote in person at a polling station.

5.10 Third, by removing the act of voting from the protected public space of a
    polling station, people who have been sent postal ballot packs may be more
    vulnerable to undue influence, intimidation, harassment or pressure to vote in
    a particular way.
    Because of this vulnerability, electors may also face pressure
    to apply for an absent vote against their wishes (see Chapter 6 on reducing
    the risk and perception of electoral fraud by campaigners).

5.11 The principal area of vulnerability in the proxy voting process is that an
    elector could be pressured into appointing someone as their proxy against
    their will, thereby losing the ability to ensure that their vote was cast in the way

180. Arky

Was blue at one stage.
    But no idea what it was originally.
    The burgandy and red is an original colour scheme however.

181. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

I think there’s something in that. Perhaps live ammunition next time?

182. zyconoclast

A Martian looking at the way most of white people in western Europe and the Anglophone countries have been so easily destroyed by cultural marxism would beg to differ.
    Then zap you with their lasers.

183. H B Bear

I think there’s something in that. Perhaps live ammunition next time?

Mace and broad sword would be better. If things are going to slowly chuck in a couple of salties and a bucket of mud crabs to give them a hurry up. Collect the muddies at the end for some chilli crab and a cold beer or two.

184. herodotus

Europe is now the Heart of Lighter Darkness.

185. John Constantine

“The rates were probably 20 to 30 per cent too high in the town because the farmers were asking for too much in the subsidy they get” – Cr Darren Ford on his resignation. [note that keeping some of your own money is a subsidy to the council Stalinists.]

The clean out of Stalinists from Ararat shire continues.

Important because these godless commos were all out to fund social engineering shire projects through increased taxes on the capital of farms.

The struggle between user pays and tax the asset rich will crack one day, the votes that come from a promise to cut city house rates and double farm rates is demographically irresistible.

If told not long ago that bills for ten bucks an acre combined water rates and shire rates would arrive, then be rapidly exceeded, people would have blinked in shock and asked what would they do with all the money?. Small shires expected to do all the compliance and social engineering crap that the big city councils do are financially doomed, another round of amalgamations is inevitable.

Big Australia, the burden of maintaining roads and bridges to meet increased traffic and compliance regulations is beyond the small population, big road network local government areas.

Plus the requirement to be progressing decolonialisation with every passionate breath drawn.

Comrades.

DPRK News Service
    ‏@DPRK_News

We’ve come too far
    To give up who we are

Many a true word…
    Methinks the Kim dynasty won’t go so quietly.

187. Fat Tony

zyconoclast
    #2710095, posted on May 13, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Then zap you with their lasers.

We will have to wait & see whether the whities in Western Europe do, in fact, roll over.

I know all their & our political masters rolled over or bent over – be interesting which gov bugmen took the Iranian bribes and $$ paid (It will probably shame our local pollies with the paper bags of $10 notes they took)

188. Fat Tony

H B Bear
    #2710098, posted on May 13, 2018 at 8:28 pm
    I think there’s something in that. Perhaps live ammunition next time?

Now, I’d pay to see that.

189. Boambee John

From the immigration thread

Roger.
    #2709986, posted on May 13, 2018 at 6:18 pm
    Unless things change there will definitely be no coming back.

If present trends continue, a real possibility is some sort of Balkanisation of our cities: ethnic enclaves and no go zones with the occasional raid across the border by the reivers. Fortification and informal militias will arise in response, since the police can only function effectively with a people who acknowledge a social contract, which the reivers do not, apart from with the members of their own sect, that is.

There is a sociological concept called Competitive Control Theory.

Basically, populations respond to predictable, ordered system which tells them what to do to be safe. If a government will not provide for the safety of the population, someone else will step in and do so, perhaps for a fee, perhaps for the community.

As a simple example, if African gangs continue to carry out carjackings and home invasions with no effective police action, then either local citizens will band together to provide security, or someobe (bikies?) will offer to do so for a fee.

Call 13Bikie, we will be there in 5 minutes and use unrestrained force to solve your problem, $50 per household per week.

190. John Constantine

The question is does a farming block out in the middle of nowhere, with no services, including no road grading or rubbish pickup, have to pay the same rated tax percentage as a fully serviced house in town?.

[ the real question is where does the money go, do rural unelected shire employees at the highest paid level really justify pay rates set against big city pay rates?. Should a small shire ceo get paid more now to run twenty thousand people than john howard was paid per year to run the country of twenty million?.]

If unelected shire jobsworths want to be paid like politicians, shouldn’t they have to stand for election on their merits?.

Comrades?.

191. nemkat

Does anyone know if similar voting fraud opportunities exist here?

No, but i can tell you about one that happens right in front of scrutineers.
    After the pile of votes tipped out of the Ballot Box onto the table has been sorted according to Party, the 2 largest piles are then bundled into fifties by 2 counters. The counters then check one anothers counts of 50, but since the 2 counters are never the same speed, there are always some of both Parties bundles of 50 on one side.
    Once in a while, one or 2, or 3, or 4 of those bundles don.t make it back to the other side, where they belong, but end up down toward the bottom of the final pile of the person doing the checking, which is then counted by fifties.

Note that this will not effect the accuracy of the Final Count of all votes cast, but for every bundle of fifty in the wrong pile, that’s a 100 vote turnaround.
    If you’ve never done any scrutineering, it starts at 6 pm and is usually over by 8 pm. It can be an eye opener.

192. John Constantine

In yarragrad, they have created the Public Order Response Kommitat, where a heavily armed paramilitary death squad will crush with all the power of the State any attempt by racist deplorable colonial proles to do anything but Flee, Cower, Beg when the Time Comes to pay restitution for racism and deplorableness and colonialism.

Panic rooms, where homeowners can flee and lock themselves away securely when the home invaders arrive to collect their tribute, this is the future for the disarmed proles of yarragrad.

Cook like camp oven damper when the Apex Gang sets fire to your house with you in your panic room.

Comrades.

193. Steve trickler.

Thinking of a EU dinner in Brussels.

194. Geriatric Mayfly

Most Cats seem more widely read than me, but I recently stumbled on lucianne.com which harvests current news topics from a wide variety of newspapers etc. This one is from The Guardian (splutter) but makes for some interesting reading regarding the World’s Champion Whining Womyn.

Chasing Hillary by Amy Chozick review –
    my role in Clinton’s failure to become president
    Guardian [UK], by Suzy Hansen Original Article
    Posted By: MissMolly- 5/13/2018 5:23:50 AM Post Reply
    The New York Times reporter Amy Chozick knows that some of the liberal intelligentsia hold her partially responsible for the election of Donald Trump. The American right might still see the Times as a leftist paper, but pro-Hillary liberals believe it was unabashedly unfair to their candidate. It held her to impossible standards while making excuses for her crass, improbable opponent; it was infatuated with Clinton’s secret email server and the Russian email hack of the Democratic National Committee. In her new book, Chozick, who covered Clinton’s presidential campaigns for the Wall Street Journal in 2008, and then for the

195. Nick

FFS:

Eurovision viewers have taken to Twitter to accuse Israeli Netta of appropriating Japanese culture with her performance of Toy describing the win as ‘a massive step backwards.’ The 25-year-old took to the stage wearing a pink and black silk kimono – traditional Japanese costume with her hair in roller buns, a style synonymous with Japanese culture. She performed to a backdrop of Maneki-nekos, a Japanese figurine depicting a waving cat and is thought to bring the owner good luck.

196. Nick

I like the comment that a kimono is the only thing that would fit her, lol.

197. Boris

I always thought that Israel will never again win the expanded Eurovision, due to both block voting and
    political animosity, but it is nice to be proven wrong and that voters can recognize something well outside of the mainstream

198. feelthebern

They are smoking the wacky tabackky on PM Live tonight.
    Universal agreement that Georgina Downer is an awesome candidate.

199. feelthebern

Agree Boris.
    Flabbergasted that Israel would even make the final.

200. Farmer Gez

Jess Mauboy is the genuine article.
    She sang at a country event a few years ago and came out front to watch another act with the audience. She stood next to my wife and daughters. She introduced herself to them and they had a chat. My wife said she is just a lovely girl.

60 Minutes doing their MH370 “expose”.
    Breathlessly reporting stuff which has been common knowledge for two years.

202. Steve trickler.

Worthy of a bookmark. Rupert Sheldrake.

203. Arky;

Was blue at one stage.
    But no idea what it was originally.
    The burgandy and red is an original colour scheme however.

Don’t be a poofta – red is burgundy.

204. rickw

Black Arky, I want to see how good your sheet metal work is!

205. rickw

Sounds like a good deal, and they won’t be harassing the crap out of you as part of their policing effort.

206. Zyconoclast;

Then zap you with their lasers.

They use Q36 Space Modulators now.
    More Kaboom!

207. struth

Just on that bikie thing.
    Sorry but already happened.
    And it used to be the cops that called them when the black fellas started acting up.

The cops.

208. Oh come on

Oh, dear. A SNL actor’s mum refuses to stick to the script:

Things started to take a turn when Mikey Day’s mom came out when they were reminiscing about his role in a past production of The Crucible. That’s when she compared the witch hunt in the play to the witch hunt for Donald Trump. Luke Nell’s mom said, “enough with the Trump jokes!” And then followed that with, “Why doesn’t SNL talk about crooked Hillary?”

Where’s the chick who impersonated Hillary singing Hallelujah, while Alec Baldwin was AWOL and on a probable coke/benzo binge in response to the unthinkable election results? That skit was hilarious. I laughed like a drain.

(Via Drudge)

‘My Local Bobby’ private police force which you can track on your iPad for £200 a month will be rolled out nationwide as demand soars (a week ago)

The first private police force to hit Britain has proved such a success that the scheme is set to be rolled out nationwide.

The scheme, known as My Local Bobby, offers a ‘meet-and-greet’ service from a client’s car and a hotline to their officer who can be tracked on an iPad.

These uniformed ‘bobbies’ cover up to 250 houses and the firm promises to have a response at the scene within five minutes, all for the fee of £100 to £200 a month.

The private service, which has been patrolling wealthy London streets in Belgravia, Mayfair and Kensington, moves on drunks and drug users, and has even begun murder inquiries.

As the London plod enforce the ban on hamburger advertising it seems that a private police force is suddenly rather desirable to oppose those rapey, stabby and shootey people of no describable appearance.

210. struth

Maybe we just need to ignore government.
    The only reason we pay attention is they have the guns.

Our own bought and paid for police.
    Actually that’s called (inthe end)
    Civil war.

211. DrBeauGan

struth
    #2710138, posted on May 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm
    Maybe we just need to ignore government.
    The only reason we pay attention is they have the guns.

Our own bought and paid for police.
    Actually that’s called (inthe end)
    Civil war.

I’d back the bikies to defeat the official fuzz. Bring it on.

212. jupes

I’d back the bikies to defeat the official fuzz. Bring it on.

Except these days half the bikies are Muslims who drive cars.

213. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

smart bollards

Winston Smith
    #2710130, posted on May 13, 2018 at 9:34 pm

Arky;
    Don’t be a poofta – red is burgundy.

Only to a colourblind.

215. struth

I must be colour blind.
    I keep seeing all these white pricks calling themselves black

Sorry, Delta.
    You don’t fill those black tights like Olivia did.

struth
    #2710145, posted on May 13, 2018 at 10:31 pm

I must be colour blind.
    I keep seeing all these white pricks calling themselves black

Different thing altogether, ‘political illusion’ not optical illusion.

218. zyconoclast

Beyond parody.
    (when did they stop calling it shacking up?)

UK Government to ask straight couples if they would like the option of having a civil partnership instead of marriage

Last night, a spokeswoman for the Equal Civil Partnerships campaign said: ‘If the government is allowed to have its way, it could be a decade or more before all couples have the same choice of marriage or civil partnership.

219. zyconoclast

Police chiefs fear violent criminals are being left free to intimidate victims and witnesses after ministers relax rules of bail

The Mail on Sunday can also reveal that the new law has meant:

-Far more defendants are failing to attend court, after being charged by post rather than in a police station;
    -A new, simpler version of the charging letter is being drafted – because many suspects did not understand the legal language used;
    -Even homeless suspects are being charged by post – and never receive the letters;
    -Cases are taking so long to get to court that witnesses forget key parts of their evidence.

220. struth

Exactly CL.
    She doesn’t even come close.

221. struth

We, as older Australian men, may have been the last generation where the majority of us got to put our arms around a woman with a waist, clean hair and no tattoos.
    God bless the beauty of the women of our generation.
    These new ones don’t even come close.

222. struth

I fly in late to Darwin for the night and all you old buggers have gone to bed it seems.
    Sunday bloody night and everyone has scoffed face for mother’s day.
    Off to the fart sack with thou arse, if thou foul wind bloweth you may be reserectum.so in pieces go forth but do not come fifth or thou shall lose thou moolah.

223. John Constantine

Four for seven was an irish car bomb, but recovered to five for forty now.

224. struth

Piss be with you.
    And also with you.

225. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Mother’s Day afternoon high tea in the at the Old British Consulate in Hakodate was very acceptable today. There is also a museum in the building, mostly concerned with the end of the Edo period and the Matsumae clan (frontier Samurai lords), then the Meiji (New Imperialists) vs the Tokugawa (old regime Shogunates) at the sea battle of Hakodate in 1869. All of it a tussle after the opening up of the trading port of Hakodate via American adventurer Commodore Perry in 1854; his statue proudly displayed and paid for by the American-Japan friendship society of Hakodate Walked around Motomachi, the old European area of the period, where an onion-domed Russian Orthodox church stood nearby to Episcopal and Roman Catholic alternatives. A great deal of very diverse history in the area, and stories of the European people who lived and died there in a foreign land. The foreigners’ cemetery falling down a slope overlooks the bay behind the mountain that dominates the port town and offers a magnificent vista from its peak, where we had lunch; two of Perry’s sailors are buried in that cemetery.

I was very taken with the life history of a young Japanese woman, daughter of a Shinto priest, who fell in love with a European geologist, working in Hakodate in the 186o’s. He developed an interest, as one might, in seismology and founded a discipline in it. She married him and studied English later in Britain (her intelligent face shines out of a photograph of her sitting at a desk in at their home in the Isle of Wight), returning with his ashes to die herself in Hakodate, after both had been recognised by Queen Victoria as ‘private ambassadors’ for Britain.

‘One Fine Day’ suddenly came to mind, although this was a happier ending to a cultural moment than that of poor Butterfly.

226. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Sorry, a few proof reading errors above. I post before reading because this small laptop of mine (with a detachable ipad) does funny things fast sometimes if I linger too long.

227. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Yesterday we passed by a Trappist Monastery located in the biggest tsunami area on the coastline towards Matsumae. Bored with the slow coastal driving, Hairy filled in time by wondering how a monk of the non-speaking order might have passed on a warning to his brother monks about a rapidly approaching tsunami. He did a marvellous imitation of an excited monk emotionally bursting with withheld speech, spluttering, from gripped together lips, till his eyes boggled, going mmfm, mffff, mmfrrrr till they all got the message and ran. I collapsed into fits of laughter at this, and then he did the same, and for the next ten minutes we’d both think of it once more and guffaw away in turns. Long trips driven slowly can do that.

Apologies to all serious Trappists, monks whom we last met in history at Beagle Bay on the Kimberley coast of Western Australia, where they did very good works building a memorable ‘pearl shell’ and brick church (a tourist attraction today), and more importantly, building a community there resistant to the usual post-mission decline into addiction and dependence.

228. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Time for bed here now. I am enjoying a nightcap from my secret stash; a small bottle of Kahlua coffee liqueur I always add to Hairy’s duty free whiskey purchase as we set off. Sometimes I plonk a bit of best whiskey into it as well, comme ca. Hairy playing ‘The Boys from Killeybegs’ on Youtube in honour of all fishermen of herrings; he enjoyed a smoked herring here for lunch, and is now going on about the unfairness of life to old herring fishermen such as those we saw lovingly tending their gardens yesterday, those whose livelihoods have disappeared with the winds of change. We are at the wild edges of da world here, overtaken by time, he tells me mournfully, his thoughts back in the wild edges of Ireland.

Yes, definitely time for bed.

229. Nerblnob

Killybegs is the main marine service and heli port for rigs drilling offshore west of Ireland.

Just saying.

230. OneWorldGovernment

Tom

Came across this .56 sec video on The Gateway Pundit.

MUST-SEE VIDEO=> PRESIDENT TRUMP versus IRANIAN MULLAHS — MAKE THIS GO VIRAL!

The infidels cluster in the sub-floor bar, discussing today’s tour highlights. It is beer o’clock.

The Palestinian “camp” in Amman is worried over, heads shaking in consternation, instantly forgetful of how the unsubsidised countryside Jordanians live. The camp, layer on layer of little square houses filling the hillside opposite the citadel looks squalid, but that is of a piece with all I have observed here. But this is UN built squalor, so it must be different.

They have been here for two generations.

I am told that Egypt is preparing a place in Sinai for Palestinians fleeing Gaza. First I’ve heard of it. The papers are full of Israel’s “unprecedented attacks” on Syria.

I am in Opposites World. And my travelling companions are drinking it up unquestioningly.

For the Cat car buffs.

I visited the King’s car museum today. Gleaming Rollers, Pontiacs, Packards, Cadillacs and Mercs. And bikes, including the one from “Tron”.

My favourite was the ‘56 Jag roadster. 🙂

233. OneWorldGovernment

You have to laugh.

American Muslims Accused of Islamophobia
    30% of Muslims believe that Muslims are “more prone to negative behavior.”
    May 11, 2018 Daniel Greenfield

Muslims have a serious Islamophobia problem.

That’s the claim being made by the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding which found that 30% of Muslims believe that Muslims are “more prone to negative behavior.”

That’s far higher than Jews at 13%, Catholics at 12% and Protestants at 11%.

……………..

Islamophobia is a manufactured term that suppresses criticism of Islam by non-Muslims and Muslims.

If Muslims have an Islamophobia problem, it’s a very good problem to have. Societies don’t grow by killing their critics with machetes (Bangladesh), stabbing them (Iran) or hanging them (Pakistan).

They grow by learning from them.

When 30% of Muslims are willing to admit that their culture has a problem, that’s healthy. And when the Muslim Brotherhood and the left silences them by calling them Islamophobes, that’s the phobia.

Not a phobia of Islam. But a phobia of criticism, of change and of truth.

It must be time for Tom’s Toons soon.

Too late. I’m off to the eastern side of the Sea of Galilee tomorrow so an early start. It’s 45 minutes by road to Syria from here. Word is that there’s trouble afoot because US embassy move.

We’ll see. Sabre rattling doesn’t impress me, but we have had a police guard for the past two weeks.