Open Forum: June 16, 2018

1,651 Responses to Open Forum: June 16, 2018

1. Death Giraffe

You are thinking of a bidet.

2. OneWorldGovernment

Trump collusion

3. Confused Old Misfit

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #2739898, posted on June 17, 2018 at 8:22 pm

Lizzie, I seriously love your academic expostulations! 😉

4. None

Do’t include me in your feud.

you were quite happy to insert yourself into it yesterday, Makka.

SAS sergeant bludgeoned three Taliban fighters to death with a HAMMER when his pistol failed in daring raid on Afghanistan caves

And?
    Apart from giving him a medal and four weeks off, what else?

#2739724, posted on June 17, 2018 at 5:42 pm
    Steve Trickler’s here. Good. I was thinking of your music posts this afternoon as I listened to this.

Good evening, calli.

7. Oh come on

Donald Trump does Letterman in October, 2013.

Some interesting perspectives from The Donald, considering he was speaking 5 years ago and is now the POTUS.

8. H B Bear

Anyone thinking Alberscreechi’s understanding of taxation was lacking should take a look at the side-bar over at quadrant.org.au . Looks like Alberscreechinomics may be an actual thing.

While Twitter is an complete sewer is does provide an unfiltered view of what passes as j’ismist “thinking”. Just embarrassing.

9. OneWorldGovernment

johanna

one for you

10. DrBeauGan

Of course physicists speculate, Lizzie. But they mostly confine themselves to speculating about things where there is a prospect of finding out whether their speculations are right or wrong.

The kind where you merely produce “insights” are regarded as frivolous.

I don’t mind your being frivolous. It’s a female prerogative. Just don’t expect to be taken seriously.

11. Makka

you were quite happy to insert yourself into it yesterday, Makka

Nah, I commented yesterday because you’re a fraud. Not because of your feud with dotty and egg_.

12. .

I can’t figure out if None is

Corellio, Grigory, Jinmaro, amcoz, coz or tomix

I had a disturbing thought that Nemkat is the spud peeler, not testpattern.

13. None

In what way am I a fraud, Makka?

14. None

Dim, Dimmer, Dhimmitude

Overwhelmingly, in my view, only those whose self-esteem, character or, perhaps, intellectual capacity is well below par convert to Islam. It can’t be explained any other way. Human nature has its dark side and, for folks such these, Islam’s dogma of innate superiority has a chilling appeal

That might explain dot’s love for Islam.

15. Makka

Look at my comment from yesterday, None.

16. Snoopy

If that hammer didn’t meet AS 3666 Hammers – Dispatching Muslim Combatants – For The Use Of he’s facing a shedload of trouble.

17. None

Not going to waste my time. I want you to repeat it here. In what way am I a fraud?

18. Makka

I don’t give a fk about what you want.

19. Snoopy

I had a disturbing thought that Nemkat is the spud peeler, not testpattern.

Why do people want to believe that a new fuckwit is the sock of a departed fuckwit? Is there some sort of numerical limit on fuckwits that I’m unaware of?

Dark matter is probably bullshit

Hillary Clinton is dark matter.

Seriously dark matter is made up of tachyons.

21. .

Seriously dark matter is made up of tachyons.

That is a very droll joke about wiping email servers.

Junior sport matches called off as wild weather hits Melbourne, flooding grounds
    Tim Michell, Moonee Valley Leader
    an hour ago
    JUNIOR footballers have been forced from the field and grounds flooded as torrential rain lashes Melbourne today.

While some matches have gone ahead, images and video shared on social media showed grounds at Keilor and Essendon Doutta Stars, in Melbourne’s northwest, under water

But the heavy downpour was welcomed by snow bunnies with up to 80cm of fresh powder falling in the alpine region.

Mt Hotham has its deepest mid-June snowpack since 2000 with 80cm of snow. The resort typically gets 20-30cm.

Hotham Alpine Resort spokesman Chris Hocking said the timing could not be better in the lead-up to the school holidays, with the resort opening its beginner, intermediate and expert terrains.

“There’s been very significant snowfall,” Mr Hocking said.

“You could describe it as the perfect storm.

“It’s an unbelievable blessing by Mother Nature — usually you only see this once in a generation.”

23. None

I don’t give a fk about what you want

Of course you don’t, Makka but you seem to be very concerned about me being a fraud, even though you can’t articulate in what way I am a fraud and on what basis you think I am a fraud. So you’re just another tin foil hatted paranoid lunatic on the internet, full of conspiracy theories and spouting s***. Have a nice life, Makka.

24. .

The reality TV show cast of “Sister Wives” have so far failed to declare war on the United States of America.

Well said, snoopy.

26. Makka

Have a nice life, Makka.

Cheers none.

27. .

Actually, pair bonding is likely to be rejected in places where there is economic disadvantage and legal inequality.

Like why women divorce in the West to get welfare and child support.

Men cannot compete with the state; hence the destruction of the black family in the US.

Polygamy sold in the frontier, but not in cities.

Monogamous marriage in the west was strongest when upward mobility was up for grabs to anyone who was able-bodied and had a sense of work ethic.

I don’t give a fk about what you want.

There’s a Liberty Quote.

29. Death Giraffe

Monogamous marriage in the west was strongest…

after a war when men were fewer and bints wanted to hold onto one.
    Women are always the driving force behind sexual morality.

30. None

As the ABC’s aspiring rapper and economics guru Emma Alberici recently demonstrated, the difference between profit and revenue can be a tough concept for a certain type of person to grasp, even after better-versed editors have taken their essay in hand for an extensive re-writing. Yes, some people are slow learners and it seems Ms Alberici is once again prominent in their ranks.

Reacting on Twitter to news that the Liberal Party’s national council had voted 2-to-1 to privatise her employer — a proposal, by the way, Turnbull & Co., immediately rejected as absolutely and horrifically unthinkable — Ms Alberici offered the view that, as the ABC carries no advertising, it couldn’t possibly present a threat to commercial media outfits.

Such ignorance is perhaps understandable when coming from someone employed at top dollar by an organisation dedicated to spending other people’s money, rather than making it for shareholders, so a brief tutorial is in order: Media companies make their money on the size of their audiences and readerships. The ABC’s ad-free content steals that audience and reduces the amount advertisers can be charged.

All this is explained, and much more besides, in the new book by Chris Berg, of the IPA, and his co-author, RMIT professor of economics Sinclair Davidson, who just happened to be on Sky News and laying out the case for getting the national broadcaster off the public teat at exactly the same moment Ms Alberici was tweeting.

Timing.

31. OneWorldGovernment

If my gun had failed and all I had was a hammer to protect myself then I would smash the living daylights out of the pricks that bought those guns.

Including the manufacturer and the purchaser.

Makka messed up spellcheck. He mean to say Frau. German for woman, not fraud.

33. None

Women are always the driving force behind sexual morality.

I don’t think I’ve ever known a man who wanted his wife to be the town bike.

34. Confused Old Misfit

I don’t give a fk about what you want.

Must be a lieberal government minister.

35. OneWorldGovernment

It’s about time to take away the ferkan ability of crap head politicians from buying ADF weapons.

And rip the farque out of so called ADF purchasing folk.

36. zyconoclast

I hope he used this hammer

I don’t think I’ve ever known a man who wanted his wife to be the town bike.

For him only, sure! What else would a dude want in life?

38. Confused Old Misfit

I don’t think I’ve ever known a man who wanted his wife to be the town bike.

Unfortunately I have known one who pimped his wife and known of another who pimped his daughter. Both drug addicts and lowlife scum.

39. OneWorldGovernment

If I had belted the fuck out of 3 scum with a hammer because my gun failed I would piss on the xunts I killed and start looking for the xunts that gave me a gun that failed.

40. Pedro the Ignorant

I am interested to know why an SAS soldier would be carrying a hammer into a war zone.

A tomahawk or a war club might be understandable, but why a hammer?

Just an idle thought.

If you’re ever unfortunate to be in the US and meet a level crossing , which is blinking and belling to stop, make sure you have dinner and spare clothes with you for a shower in the morning because you’re going to be there all night.

Why Railroads Are Making Freight Trains Longer and Longer
    Pressure from investors and competition from trucking drive railroads to add cars to improve efficiency. But some say the trend is misguided and, potentially, a safety hazard.

The freight train is now on track to stretch up to 3 miles long, with 200 cars or more. And it’s being powered, in part, by an unusual energy source: the activist investor.

42. Makka

A tomahawk or a war club might be understandable, but why a hammer?

Clearly, he wanted to nail him.

43. Pedro the Ignorant

Clearly, he wanted to nail him.

🙂 🙂 Good one, Makka.

44. Helen

Gonna build a PC.
    First time.
    Any advice?

Arky, I think if you are procrastinating about writing your on line math tutorials, you shuld go the whole hog and first build the office/house/road/ranch … Endless ways to put things off.

Or just go buy a PC and do it.

45. None

Makka messed up spellcheck. He mean to say Frau. German for woman, not fraud.

If that’s true Makka, you just have to take my word for it. Ich bin eine Frau. But since you can’t, das ist mir wurscht.
    Thanks JC.

46. OneWorldGovernment

Pedro the Ignorant
    #2739980, posted on June 17, 2018 at 9:50 pm

A tomahawk or a war club might be understandable, but why a hammer?

Just an idle thought.

You complete dickface.

Who said he was carrying a hammer?

What if he had stabbed them to death with a bic biro?

Through their fucking left eye.

Or do you think he should have layed down and died you xunt?

47. Makka

Makka messed up spellcheck. He mean to say Frau.

Don’t be stupid. It’s f r a u D.

48. None

Don’t be stupid. It’s f r a u D.

JC was being a gentleman, Makka.

49. OneWorldGovernment

I am so fucked off with the whole shitface crap.

Blow the fuck out of every fucking moska.

50. OneWorldGovernment

Muslim Imam’s are dick lickers.

51. OneWorldGovernment

Erdogan the Xunt reckons he will take over Europe.

George Lazenby said that during the ‘sexual revolution’ women were as active as men, obviously; Germaine Greer may not disagree.

One things for certain, Pedro, I’ll bet he never has to pay for a drink in any service boozer, anywhere in the world.

54. None

Steady there, OWG. You don’t want your blood pressure rocketing.

NATIONAL AFFAIRS
    Newspoll: Malcolm Turnbull’s support high but Coalition still trail Labor

The Australian
    9:30PM June 17, 2018
    Simon Benson
    National Affairs Editor
    Sydney
    @simonbenson

Popular support for Malcolm Turnbull has hit its highest level since the last election but the Prime Minster has failed to lift support for the government, which continues to trail Labor with five critical by-elections looming.

It comes as One Nation suffered a significant hit in the wake of the public feud between Pauline Hansen and fellow One Nation senator Brian Burston with a two point drop in its popular vote.

As both major parties prepare to intensify their campaigns ahead of the July 28 ‘Super Saturday showdown’, an exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australian showed Mr Turnbull consolidating his dominance over Bill Shorten as the more popular and competent leader.

Satisfaction with Mr Turnbull’s performance has now hit 40 per cent for the first time since June 2016 — albeit on the back of a one point rise — while the Labor leader failed to make any ground in his bid to appeal to voters through a recent media charm offensive.

However, Mr Shorten still enjoys a comfortable lead in the election contest with Labor retaining its 52/48 per cent lead over the Coalition in the two party preferred stakes.

Today’s results mark the 34th consecutive losing newspoll for the Coalition under Mr Turnbull’s leadership — four more than the 30 losing newspolls he cited as one of the reasons he challenged Tony Abbott for the leadership in September 2015.

From the Oz.

56. Frank

That pensioner has emerged from his hole in Hobart.

57. Rae

Many people at the Cat thought the sun shone out of Lucy Gichuhi’s derriere when her election was imminent and subsequently happened last year. They chastised the small number of more sagacious people who did not share their view of her.

58. Farmer Gez

I am so fucked off with the whole shitface crap.

Blow the fuck out of every fucking moska.

And there was Ross Cameron on Insiders saying the Cat is the best economics site with the sharpest minds. Must be the other bit.

Speaking of fuckwits, and look what crawls out of the woodwork.

60. None

I don’t know why the media focus on that useless preferred PM measure. It means nothing. Howard never won preferred PM measure but he won 4 elections. Only the primary vote matters.

As voters choose to punish Govts at the ballot box, baseball bats will be waiting for Lord Waffleworth.

62. W Hogg

Can someone explain how Lucy666 breached the rules? I thought family reunion was a rort to use at will. And it seems Bitchop thinks so too.

63. None

Well W Hogg, Lucy666 seems to have had 3 husbands inclufing two in Kenya. She’s only a never practiced lawyer you know. Never learnt how to count.

64. OneWorldGovernment

None
    #2739997, posted on June 17, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Steady there, OWG. You don’t want your blood pressure rocketing.

Not sure what you are talking about None.

Our clever ADF leaders gave all the Indonesians our guns.

If a bloke found a hammer how different would he be to an Australian bureaucrat with a pen?

65. Stimpson J. Cat

Gonna build a PC.
    First time.
    Any advice?

Get someone else to do the welding Jesus Christ.

66. OneWorldGovernment

If a glock pistol is useless then I would buy my own gun.

Just as blokes bought their own boots.

67. None

No one is criticizing the SAS Soldier OWG. In any case it was a UK SAS soldier from the Midlands. I posted the link to the story above. Scary brave.

68. Rae

Marijuana has killed no one, and as a cancer treatment, it has saved lives, on top of its use in pain treatment and palliative care.

Marijuana has never been a treatment for cancer, and maybe never will be.

Some people say that it has been useful in dealing with some of the side effects of cancer and chemotherapy. Whether or not that is so is yet to be proven.

69. .

I dunno OWG.

I thought they used SIG Sauer in the ADF (as well as Brownings).

Reliability (*****)
    There is no more reliable a pistol in the world.

70. OneWorldGovernment

Their scum PM has licked the dick of the French for 50billion.

Yet it turns out it will be 100billian.

And none of it will be able to interface with American shit.

Talk about 5 Eyes our crap is sucking up to the EU which wont even go near NATO.

71. Stimpson J. Cat

You can make your own arguments for Muslim immigration, but I think we shouldn’t import schizophrenics either.

Don’t be racist towards my brethren.
    You’ve only just come back don’t ruin it.

None, stop being a bullying b$tch to Dot.
    Go do some ironing or vacuuming and calm down please.

72. Death Giraffe

Apart from providing political backing for the North during upcoming negotiations with the US and its allies, China is also expected to play a key role in helping Pyongyang emerge from its economic isolation and to renew security pledges in support of its cold war ally.

While relations between the communist neighbours have deteriorated in recent years, China still sees North Korea as holding a unique place in its foreign policy.

“I think China may be concerned about losing their leverage over North Korea and fears that North Korea and the US may enter into an anti-Chinese alignment,” said Charles Armstrong, a historian and expert on Korean affairs at Columbia University.

“There is little love between North Korea and China, but China wants to avoid a hostile state on its border, whether a pro-US Korea under Seoul’s direction or a pro-US Pyongyang,” he said.

– South China Morning Post

73. Death Giraffe

Get someone else to do the welding Jesus Christ.

Get a porpoise up ya.

74. jupes

Today in UK: police abandon hustings event due to an angry mob

This is beginning to happen regularly now in the UK. Sometimes the mob is Muslim, other times Tommy Robinson supporters.

The state is losing control …

75. OneWorldGovernment

Dot

Bunnings Chinese manufacture hammers are the go.

Fuck the guns.

If a glock pistol is useless then I would buy my own gun.

Just as blokes bought their own boots.

Any service weapon may jam for any other reason other then bad design – it’s the reason you spend hours learning “Immediate action drills” until you can do them in your sleep. I carried a Browning as a “backup weapon” and the first thing you learned was a couple of modifications, to prevent stoppages.”

Secondly, I think you’ll find there’s a ban on bringing privately purchased weapons into any area of operations.

77. OneWorldGovernment

Every Australian soldier carries a hammer.

78. Death Giraffe

Get someone else to do the welding Jesus Christ.

Also stop confusing me with the messiah.
    I’m good, but not that good.

79. .

Given chemotherapy and cancer are cachexic and marijuana is orexigenic, the above assertion is completely false. We don’t even need to discuss pain and stress relief.

Cannabis certainly is effective in treating cancer.

Chakravarti, B., Ravi, J., & Ganju, R. K. (2014). Cannabinoids as therapeutic agents in cancer: current status and future implications. Oncotarget, 5(15), 5852–5872.

Abstract
    The pharmacological importance of cannabinoids has been in study for several years. Cannabinoids comprise of : a) the active compounds of the Cannabis sativa plant, b) endogenous as well as c) synthetic cannabinoids. Though cannabinoids are clinically used for anti-palliative effects, recent studies open a promising possibility as anti-cancer agents. They have been shown to possess anti-proliferative and anti-angiogenic effects in vitro as well as in vivo in different cancer models. Cannabinoids regulate key cell signaling pathways that are involved in cell survival, invasion, angiogenesis, metastasis, etc. There is more focus on CB1 and CB2, the two cannabinoid receptors which are activated by most of the cannabinoids. In this review article, we will focus on a broad range of cannabinoids, their receptor dependent and receptor independent functional roles against various cancer types with respect to growth, metastasis, energy metabolism, immune environment, stemness and future perspectives in exploring new possible therapeutic opportunities.

Anyone who says that there is “no evidence” has an agenda or is a very lazy and incompetent researcher.

This man (Irvin Rosenfeld), as seen on Penn & Teller”s BULLSHIT!, was in a Federally (US) funded treatment programme for his bone cancer.

So the assertion that “Marijuana has never been a treatment for cancer, and maybe never will be” is completely and utterly false.

80. OneWorldGovernment

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #2740030, posted on June 17, 2018 at 10:55 pm

It’s why I carry a hammer..

81. .

Great article on how hand to hand combat was still prevalent in the First World War.

82. Rae

Cannabis certainly is effective in treating cancer.

No. In both cases. Marijuana, whether smoked or as CBD, has never been effective in treating cancer.

As I said, some people say that it has been useful in dealing with some of the side effects of cancer and chemotherapy. Whether or not that is so is yet to be proven.

Disclaimer: I was offered access to medicinal marijuana about 6 weeks ago. I think I said so here at the time.

83. Top Ender

Carried a 9mm Browning on ops when in the ADF.

Plus the Steyr rifle.

The Browning is a very nice pistol. Reliable, accurate, easy to clean. When in theatre we were shooting every week at the range. I have put 1000s of rounds through them, and it was very rare to have a jam.

#2740037, posted on June 17, 2018 at 11:05 pm

It may surprise people if they knew the proportions of deaths in WW1 from hand-to-hand combat.
    I suspect that euphemisms like “bayonetted” or “shot at close range” might have been used to describe all manner of methods of despatch.

85. Baldrick

Scroll the Troll 👹™ Dot.

86. .

The above is simply false.

This was demonstrably disproven by the demonstration of: 1. A peer-reviewed empirical research that showed multiple mechanisms of cannabis working in vitro and in vivo to kill or limit tumours; 2. An example of a cancer patient on Federally (US) funded medical marijuana treatment for bone cancer and: 3. The biomedical/physiological properties of marijuana show it prevents wasting, the referenced paper mentioned the success of pain relief.

You’re spreading misinformation to the detriment of other people’s health.

87. OneWorldGovernment

Browning is not bad.

Like them.

88. Mindfree

Didnt know the guy was dead

89. .

Clint
    #2740055, posted on June 17, 2018 at 11:54 pm
    You’re spreading misinformation to the detriment of other people’s health.

Another addict grasping at bad science to justify his addiction

I can’t tell if people are trolls here or just very, very stupid.

“Research in oncology journals is bad science!”
    “Marijuana addiction!”

Loopy stuff.

90. areff

Ra-Ra-Rasput-een, Russia’s greatest love machine

Love it!

91. OneWorldGovernment

dot

I think most folk look at young people like 13 or 14 and I agree.

What is not understood is that certain ‘drugs’ are for elder folk.

92. OneWorldGovernment

areff
    #2740058, posted on June 18, 2018 at 12:00 am

Ra-Ra-Rasput-een, Russia’s greatest love machine

Love it!

LOL

I agree.

93. Cpt Seahawks

It’s why I carry a hammer..

Secateuers.

94. BorisG

recent studies open a promising possibility as anti-cancer agents.

This is as far as it goes thus far. A promising possibility. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

95. OneWorldGovernment

Cpt Seahawks
    #2740062, posted on June 18, 2018 at 12:06 am

It’s why I carry a hammer..

Secateuers.

Talk about ROFL

96. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

The kind where you merely produce “insights” are regarded as frivolous.

I definitely do expect to be taken seriously in spite of a serious lack of suitable body hair and genitalia for contributory intellectual endeavour. 🙂

My theorizing is not about the Younger Dryas event, although it is interesting to think about how such a sudden climatic world-wide cataclysm may have affected humanity with regard to populations and languages. Genetics and structural linguistics may perhaps unpick that somewhat. But that is not my research area, although I don’t mind out of interest including a chapter dipping into the Lascaux cave religious art and the Upper Paleolithic ritual figurines; plus early Mediterranean Neolithic stone architecture and the ritual complexes of Britain from Orkney to Stonehenge. There is much valuable to explore here that is not just wild ‘speculation’ (there is enough of that already) but an attempt to trace conceptual relationships.

My main field of research is into the origins of the Arthurian myths and the religious cosmology that underwrites them, and I aim also to offer an explanation for their continuing salience to European populations. It is anything but frivolous. Mostly I am concerned with fifth century to ninth century British textual references (in both Latin and Brythonic) and correcting some historical misinterpretations of these by the application of new data I have found, including a most relevant but overlooked Imperial Rescript of the Emperor Arcadius in 395AD. In so doing, I am challenging quite a large body of literature, both popular Arthuriana and academic history, where received wisdoms need to be reassessed due to my findings. To justify my claims, I also seek (and have found) evidence of the unrealized extent of Germanic influence in Britain in pre-Roman and Roman times. I also review the lack of evidence for a major invasion of Britain between 410Ad and 450AD from what is broadly called Germania (the ‘Saxons’), adding my voice to a general re-assessment of the strength of Rome’s hold over Britain in the later centuries of Roman rule there. Concerning the Scando-Germanic contribution to British genetics and culture, I am currently in email contact with an eminent professor at Oxford University who writes on the tracing of world population genetics and who on reading my summary material has been kind enough to bother assisting me with some further research leads via his personal introduction to academics working in early Germanic languages and culture. I hope that is serious enough for you.

I hope to shortly publish a work-in-progress report (now written), although material on the Upper Paleolithic and Neolithic is deliberately excluded from the report as it is not the most relevant part of my thesis for historians; although pre-historians might be drawn to comment concerning my suggestions there. However, the report is long enough as it is. The other can wait.

In any book I complete I also intend to be a little unserious in places so people might want to read what I write. Thanks for your encouragement, Senile Old Bloke above. You are obviously in my market.
    I’ve never seen my ‘hobby’ theorizing as a PhD, and started writing it as a kind of travelogue.
    So that is Part One. People desiring a more academic approach should go directly to Part Two.

And now Johanna can hop in and in her kindly way tell me to get a move on.
    Yikes – it’s bedtime. Can’t do it tonight then. 😀

Trump backs workers’ rights, industrial action:

Donald J. [email protected]
    51m51 minutes ago

Washington Post employees want to go on strike because Bezos isn’t paying them enough. I think a really long strike would be a great idea. Employees would get more money and we would get rid of Fake News for an extended period of time! Is @WaPo a registered lobbyist?

98. I have had occasion recently to research nicknames that men give each other in the armed forces. What nickname would the SAS lads give a bloke who killed three blokes with a hammer? I think Hammer would be too obvious. Maxwell?

99. OneWorldGovernment

If I may.

whomever may have gone through whatever shit.

My family asked me to look after there oldest brother. Which I did.

If any bloke or person needs to chill out somewhere then kindly talk to me.

Me. I’m a dumb bastard from the bush.

100. None

Stimpy, talk to your wife and daughter like that. You don’t get to talk to me like that. In the meantime I’ll mark you down as a trog who condones cyberstalkers and liars like psycho dot ( who presently thinks journal reviews of test tube trials are cures for cancer FFS).

101. OneWorldGovernment

m0nty
    how about you call him a survivor you piece of fat shit.

102. Snoopy

There’s no way Stabby is going to put the prospect of a lucrative post politics sinecure with the Clinton Foundation at risk.

Australia will not follow U.S. President Donald Trump’s lead and move its embassy to Jerusalem, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop has said, defying her own governing Liberal Party’s request to do so.

At the Liberal party’s annual federal council in Sydney, MPs and the party’s youth arm had called on the government to relocate its embassy from Tel Aviv to Israel’s capital, and to suspend all aid to the Palestinian Authority “until it terminates its ‘Martyr’s fund” which rewards terrorists and their families with support payments.

The non-binding motion was carried in a vote 43 to 31, but the foreign minister said there was no chance the government would change existing policy. There are 110 council delegates who have voting rights at the national council.

103. OneWorldGovernment

monty

I would blow the fuck out of every mosque in pakistan and afghanistan.

And drone bomb the fuck out of every single shithead imam.

104. None

Lizzie, you read Latin and Brythonic?
    This “overlooked Imperial Rescript of the Emperor Arcadius in 395AD” – care to elucidate?

The kind where you merely produce “insights” are regarded as frivolous.

That’s a pretty dumb analysis of letters versus science.
    “Insights” actuated the Magna Carta and the American Revolution, amongst many thousands of other things that created the modern Western world (and its failed alternatives).
    I personally would take Jefferson and the Declaration of Independence a lot more seriously than Stephen Hawking and his frivolous coffee table book.

106. OneWorldGovernment

Cpt Seahawks
    #2740074, posted on June 18, 2018 at 12:24 am

Thor

LOL

I will never speak to you again!

107. None

More epic trolling by Trump.

There you go, it’s right here. No one in the private media would think they could get away with throwing rocks the the senior management, but not at our ABC. No sirree.

Guthrie is expected to address the value of public broadcasting — and the “added value” the ABC provides the community ­beyond its programs and networks.

The managing director is ­expected to eclipse her previous most-forthright comments, made at a dinner gathering of the ABC Friends last October, when she stated policies were being ­driven by a “political vendetta”.

But Guthrie and her executives have been criticised for “staying ­silent” and failing to adequately defend the broadcaster during her two years in the top job. ABC Melbourne radio host Jon Faine ­devoted 10 minutes of his program last Thursday to the broadcaster’s battle for survival, excoriating his bosses for allowing it to be “done over” while they stuck to ­behind-the-scenes advocacy.

“I’ve been here since 1989 busting my guts for a vision and a set of values and, quite frankly, I’m sick of getting it ripped apart because of the failure of our managers,” Faine said, calling on Guthrie and ABC chairman Justin Milne to do a better job of telling the ABC’s “story”.

Co-host Corrie Perkin publicised the ABC Friends’ crowd-funding campaign, which launched the same day and has raised more than $35,000.

Events at the weekend have served to heighten ABC staff members’ sense of being under ­attack. The future of the ABC is shaping up as an election issue after the Liberal Party federal council voted to privatise the ­national broadcaster.

Frydenberg to Liberal members re the ABC: Get f-cked.
    Bishop to Liberal members re embassy: Get f-cked.

What we’re seeing now is a sea-change in Australian politics: the Liberal Party now represents Lib-curious Labor and Greens voters and officially despises its own members.

110. Cpt Seahawks

LOL

I will never speak to you again!

It wasn’t me, it was the other three.

Rudy Giuliani: Mueller, Comey and their confrères are mentally unwell:

112. Gray Richard

None
    #2739611, posted on June 17, 2018 at 4:06 pm

So in that Catholic school at least they shall not bear false witness has been deleted from the moral code. Year 10 is neither here nor there but Miss Bartok will need a strategy to get through year 11 and 12 particularly if she needs the marks to get into uni. That strategy may include naming and shaming the school now or even changing schools but she’s learning a real valuable lesson in character which is going to be more valuable than any English class. I still think the Catholic Education office and the local Bishop might need to be informed just to let them know that your complaint is on record. Also someone like Kevin Donelly may be able to advise how to negotiate these situations. Among other things he was also an English teacher and an examiner for English. You could probably find his email very easily online.

Thanks None… but it gets worse…
    The prior school was all ‘global warming’ and the maths classes were about the evil oil companies, English was about the suffering of the poor because of global warming etc. I bought the school copies of ‘Climate Change: the Facts’ for distribution.
    Same story as this current school: the government sets the curriculum, it’s mandatory to mix aboriginal suffering and climate change in all classes. Heck, the last school had ‘write about Macbeth from the aboriginal perspective’
    Kevin D & I have discussed this- it’s so common as to be unremarkable.
    And any bishop won’t care: the whole place is brainwashed into thinking they’re doing the right thing by castigating whitey and making virtue out of their guilt. The whole church…
    The whole system is a sewer.
    The Catholic Church has been captured by socialists (cf Pope Castro now) via Liberation Theology. It’s god is social justice; guilt of the white man is on the altar.
    Sad.

113. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

oops. Top of page there as I shut down I see the guy liking my work is Confused Old Misfit not Senile Old Bloke. Geez, you fellows need to up the self-esteem in your handles. Mighty Wise Misfit and Smart Old Bugger might work better for you. Loves ya anyway, but. 🙂

“I’ve been here since 1989 busting my guts …”

LOL.
    Sitting in a chair talking – it’s a lot like working on a construction site.

115. None

Agree JC. ABC management has no authority whatsoever – they can’t fire and hire at will like the private sector can ( well, to a point). That Jon Faine rant is astonishing and shows how the ABC is run by a small cabal of ageing white Greenies. But what I really want to ask is why the hell are the friends of the ABC crowdfunding (is $1.2 billion p.a. not enough?) and what exactly is that $35,000 for?

The IG report has almost totally undercut Mueller. He would have to come up with several conversations with Trump taking orders from Putin, otherwise it’s done.

Imagine for a second, Mueller coming out with an obstruction charge after the criticism Comey received from the IG report.

117. Snoopy

So the Friends of the ABC value the ABC at $35,000? I wonder how much the multitude who don’t give a shit think it’s worth?

118. Stimpson J. Cat

Why would I talk to them the way I talk to you?
    I like them.
    I don’t know if I like you yet.
    And if you want to throw insults at people don’t be suprised when you get some back.
    Don’t confuse the issue.
    Me insulting you has nothing to do with anything other than me insulting you.
    I’m not condoning anything or anyone.
    It’s hilarious that you can give it out but you can’t take it.
    Didn’t you tell Dot to f$ck his old man up the arse?
    You would never talk to him in real life the way you do here, would you?
    Harden up princess.
    Equality, remember?

They would have a complete compliment of tools on patrol; they are trained and expected to fix their own vehicles, for a start. If the cave was too small to use a rifle (as the report says) I can readily see a commando grabbing a hammer for close-quarters insurance.

The report says he emerged from the cave covered in his own and the enemies’ blood, literally unable to speak after the brutal, drawn-out brawl. At this point it’s worth remembering that the ADF believes slips of little lasses could have done what he did – and should be trained to do so.

Oh bullshit. Girls can do everything even beat away rapists in a park.

121. OneWorldGovernment

Australia is so fucked.

Ned Kelly was a pack of shit.

But what, the ABC looks after us?

I would not sell the ABC nor give it away.

I would burn the c$nt of a joint to the ground.

Oh bullshit. Girls can do everything even beat away rap ists in a park.

123. OneWorldGovernment

How come some real folk don’t walk in and smash the living daylights out of so called liberals at there poofta meeting?

Mueller is left with Paul Manifort – who nobody has heard of or cares about, really.
    He’s also lumbered with those 13 Russians who rocked up to exercise their discovery rights and defend themselves. Not only has Mueller been left with nothing, he is now obliged by law to share vast quantities of his material with Russian intelligence.
    If it wasn’t for the Silver Star and the haircut, Mueller would be a conveyancing clerk in Buttcrack, Missouri. He’s not very bright.

125. OneWorldGovernment

JC
    #2740095, posted on June 18, 2018 at 12:50 am

Oh bullshit. Girls can do everything even beat away rap ists in a park.

I personally would kick the guts in of a police commisioner and burn down fucking so called judge thingy.

126. OneWorldGovernment

JC

Do you understand how fucked the entire scum that is supposedly Victorian judgment?

127. None

Didn’t you tell Dot to f$ck his old man up the arse?

What???

128. OneWorldGovernment

I will smash the fuck out of people and kill them dead.

But, like the foul poofta Mooslam said, just say I lick the dick of Christ.

They will let me off.

129. None

Me insulting you has nothing to do with anything other than me insulting you

Which is why you bring up psychopath dot. Now discovering cures for cancer that don’t exist. Yeah go talk to your wife and daughter like that.

130. None

You would never talk to him in real life the way you do here, would you?

Stop being so patronising. I can assure you – and those that know me can testify – that dot would get far more direct talk from me face to face than he does here. As would you. Stick to insulting the women in your life.

131. Cpt Seahawks

OWG is right to be a bit peeved. Metoo. Our citizens are on mass vindictively destroying ourselves.

132. OneWorldGovernment

None
    #2740104, posted on June 18, 2018 at 1:10 am

You would never talk to him in real life the way you do here, would you?

NONE

Settle

133. Stimpson J. Cat

Yeah go talk to your wife and daughter like that.

But this is a conversation between us.
    First you bring Dots father into it, then my ex-wife and daughter.
    Why would you do that?

134. LOL, the Cat has girded its loins and decided go all in for Trump against the rule of law. Whatever vestiges of rational conservatism you lot might have retained has been burned away by Trump’s huge frikken laser beams of white hot nativism. He could send the army in to arrest Mueller for treason and declare a state of martial law and you’d applaud. If there is a line he could cross to earn your disapproval, he hasn’t even come near it yet.

135. None

But this is a conversation between us.
    First you bring Dots father into it, then my ex-wife and daughter.
    Why would you do that?

May I remind you that you brought dot’s father into the conversation not me. YOU. And my reference to your wife and daughter is just a standard line I use when men get uppity with me like you did when you called me a b****. I had no idea you had an *ex*-wife and that you had a daughter and it’s irrelevant. My general point stands. You may want to talk to women in your life like that. You don’t get to talk to me like that. If you want to make accusations then bring your evidence. If you just want to make accusations, false accusations like you just did, don’t expect me to play your pathetic game. Bye now Stimpy.

136. OneWorldGovernment

Funny how it is that communism was created in France,

The pooftas from China, Lous, Vietnam. wherver were all trainned by scum french.

And that is russia.

137. None

Finally. The Advertiser does its job. Those Kenyan TV clips have been on YouTube for months soon after her dodgy taxpayer-funded trip to Kenya.

SENATOR CLAIMED $12K ON FIVE SYDNEY TRIPS

SA Senator Lucy Gichuhi has billed taxpayers more than $12,000 for five trips to Sydney for “electorate business” — as a clip of her emerges on Kenyan TV saying $200,000 a year is “not a lot” of money.

138. OneWorldGovernment

m0nty

do you think that biden and his son know about the country where mal was helping?

139. OneWorldGovernment

OneWorldGovernment
    #2740113, posted on June 18, 2018 at 1:37 am

m0nty

or am I some russian.

I am so sick of this crap that I am going to sue mullae the 3rd who is a thief.

140. OneWorldGovernment

mulla is a nazi german and should be kicked in the guts,

141. OneWorldGovernment

monty.

the prick who was given the shit could not be fucken taken anywhere.

142. Don’t go all Bird on us now OWG. I know it’s just the whisky talking.

143. OneWorldGovernment

not a problem

I will just walk into america.

144. OneWorldGovernment

not a problem

I will just walk into america.

and vote for Trump

145. OneWorldGovernment

m0nty
    #2740117, posted on June 18, 2018 at 1:49 am

Don’t go all Bird on us now OWG. I know it’s just the whisky talking.

LOL

You think the former VP and his son did.t screw the country that Putin took over?

With the condolence of whom?

146. Stimpson J. Cat

Bye now Stimpy.

No problem.
    Let’s just leave relatives and family out of the conversation OK?
    You do understand the concept of manners I assume so I won’t have to have this little chat with you again, will I?

147. OneWorldGovernment

m0nty
    #2740117, posted on June 18, 2018 at 1:49 am

Don’t go all Bird on us now OWG. I know it’s just the whisky talking.

m0nty

do you think the Gaza strip should be Australian?

Do you think the scum pommie/commies allowed murder to happen in Jerusalem?

148. None

so I won’t have to have this little chat with you again, will I?

Good grief Stimpy you bring up somebody else’s father and then lecture me about bringing up relatives? Get over yourself. I’m sorry that I inadvertently hit a raw nerve. Divorce is never pleasant no matter how “amicable” and I’m sorry that you had to go through it. But my point stands. And if you don’t want to have “little chats” or have me to tell you what I really think of that, you best not speak to me again. I guarantee you I won’t cry. Get some sleep.

149. OneWorldGovernment

m0nty

are you licking the dick of the turkish xunt erdogan?

150. OneWorldGovernment

erdogan shows how you do it.

151. OneWorldGovernment

but trump

152. OneWorldGovernment

m0nty

How is Nicaragua?

Can we get Phil Addams to give us a guided tour?

153. OneWorldGovernment

Bianca Jagga should be kicked in the cu%nt.

154. OneWorldGovernment

How do I sue Fredenberg?

Or any politician.

155. OneWorldGovernment

I want to sue di Natale.

156. OneWorldGovernment

di Natale lies and I want to sue him to make him prove what he lies about.

157. OneWorldGovernment

Malcolm Turnbull also lies so I will also sue him as well.

158. OneWorldGovernment

And Turnbull and di Natale are going to have Fredenberg protect them.

159. OneWorldGovernment

Turnbull and di Natale you are a pair of liers about the electricity.

And because you cannot refute that I am going to tell everyone what a pair of liers you are.

160. OneWorldGovernment

What a pair of xunts are Turnbull and di Natale.

Made for each other.

161. OneWorldGovernment

The Australian Broadcasting Company was taken over by the the communist u.n.australian government and turned into the u.n.australian government propaganda arm.

why do you think we have a google head?

162. OneWorldGovernment

princess park, melbourne, is where they used to put the shit.

so nemkat, what do you think of other places in Melbourne?

Of the Australian cartoonists regularly featured here, only Larry Pickering doesn’t have major Trump Derangement issues. The rest of them have about as much insight on US politics as Zoe Daniels’ kids.

Mark Knight.

164. OldOzzie

egg_
    #2740008, posted on June 17, 2018 at 10:25 pm

Egg,

summed up by a comment in The Australia on this Article

Liberal council: Howard says Labor’s primary vote is too low to win

165. OldOzzie

Thanks Tom,

Ben Garrison the winner from that lot

166. OneWorldGovernment

anyone that said they were a member of the Turnbull Triumphant Team I would gently smash them in the face.

167. rickw

Trench shovels with one edge sharpened, home made clubs and quite a few privately purchased pistols.

Having been to a few antique firearm auctions it seems that plenty of WWI Australian soldiers walked into their local gun shop and purchased their own side arm. Back in those days there were no restrictions on pistols, no licenses and no registration.

168. OneWorldGovernment

If Tomy Abbott wants to have a go he is going to have to take on the poota liberal team controlled by Turnbull.

Sack the ABC and the HRC straight up,

Defund Sydney City Council and every other one.

Burn down the fucking useless stadiums.

Kick the guts out of the ACCC.

De register every single union and wipe out the scum called Fair Work Australia.

Sack the top third of all government departments.

Kick the shit out of the ADF and fuck them off.

Sack ASIO and ASIS.

Restrict Senators to 3 from each State.

Cut money to scum face arzholes and make it 1 million for an electorate.

Stop fucking GST.

Stop all Excise duties.

Allow me to come in and kick the fuck out of PM&C and Treasury.

Get off your arse you useless prick or I will smack your face in.

169. rickw

Today in UK: police abandon hustings event due to an angry mob

The state is losing control …

Civil War looms.

170. OneWorldGovernment

I said to Bishop, you prick.

What are you letting him in for.

She bulshitted me by sating, nah, nah, good bloke.

Well fuck you Tony Abbott.

You are scum.

If you have any farking integrity then leave the Turnbull liberal democratic party that used to be called The Liberal Party of Australia and join someone else or form your own you scum sucker.

171. OneWorldGovernment

rickw
    #2740160, posted on June 18, 2018 at 5:27 am

Today in UK: police abandon hustings event due to an angry mob

The state is losing control …

Civil War looms.

Hopefully they burn the courthouses and police stations down to the ground.

172. OneWorldGovernment

If you are fair dinkum Tony Abbott then fuck off the A &B bullshit and allow married people to combine their income.

173. OneWorldGovernment

If you do nothing about electricity then you prove yourself to just be there for the money.

174. Up The Workers!

The Trump/Kim Summit in Singapore was an undeniable achievement. Whether it brings lasting benefits, only time will tell.

The biggest disappointment was that they missed the opportunity to close the meeting with one particular highly-tangible outcome.

I was rather hoping that following the meeting, the world would be left a far better place by the belated discovery, in a garbage-skip in the alley-way out the back of the hotel where the event took place, of the bullet-riddled bodies of two anonymous barbers – one American and one North Korean.

Another opportunity for world tonsorial peace, lamentably missed.

175. Zatara

Catching up with yesterday.

Mueller clearly has nothing, so now the ‘investigation’ is being stretched out to as close to the mid terms as possible so it can dump a steaming pile of fud, irrelevancies and red herrings in the days just before.

Even if that were true, which it is not, it would be payback for Comey doing exactly the same thing to Hillary.

Ah, the wonders of selective memory. Where would the left be without it?

The leftist meme that Comey supposedly caused Clinton to lose the Nov election conveniently ignores the FACT that he saved her ass by improperly overstepping his authority and refusing to charge her on 5 July. Had he done his job she wouldn’t even have been on the ballot in Nov because she would have been busy at her trial.

Which brings us to another progressive meme. Note the phrase ‘refused to charge her’ which is accurate, and compare it with the left’s preferred term of ‘exonerated’ which is anything but. Exoneration occurs when the conviction for a crime is reversed, either through demonstration of innocence, a flaw in the conviction, or otherwise. She hasn’t even been charged… yet. So she certainly hasn’t been found innocent.

176. Zatara

Francis has dedicated much of his pontificate to preaching about families, marriage and the problems that families today encounter. He is expected to highlight these issues during his August trip to Ireland where he’ll close out the Catholic Church’s big family rally.

Well gee Frank, maybe you should have gone to Ireland BEFORE they voted to legalize abortion?

Remember? The one a less than a month ago? Or weren’t you told?

177. LOL, the Cat has girded its loins and decided go all in for Trump against the rule of law.

No, no, being opposed to a political investigation designed to cover-up the shenanigans of Dem operatives before and after the election is not being against the rule of law, quite the opposite.

They don’t have it as bad as this guy.

Cartoonist claims he was fired after 25 years for making fun of Trump

A cartoonist who was terminated by his employer of 25 years on Thursday believes his provocative portrayals of President Donald Trump were the cause of his firing.

Rob Rogers, a cartoonist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, was let go by the paper after six of his cartoons in a row were spiked and his employer tried to change his terms of working, he told the Guardian.

The PPG editor almost certainly understands that letting him slag off Trump day after day is going to be dreadful for their business as readers quietly drop their subscriptions and walk away.

Aussie cartoonists should be very careful as a lot of people here want someone like Trump. Turnbull is on the nose with the base and the base reads newspapers too.

179. Baldrick

And here I was thinking it was Faine’s job to present an impartial and fair radio program, not present a personal vision and set of values.

180. Herodotus

A tiny trim to the ABC budget is “getting ripped apart”.

181. .

None
    #2740071, posted on June 18, 2018 at 12:19 am

Now I know you’re here just to troll. The bolded part clearly said in vitro and in vivo.

You’re scared of visiting a country where weed is legal (this is seriously tinfoil hat wearing lunacy) and you have to lie about its efficacy as a *cure for cancer*.

You just hate freedom.

Cpt Seahawks
    #2740062, posted on June 18, 2018 at 12:06 am

It’s why I carry a hammer..

Secateuers.

Scutchy* and hatpin.

* with comb. Stings more.

A tiny trim to the ABC budget is “getting ripped apart”.

Hysterics.

184. feelthebern

I call bullshit on this hammer story.
    How can one bloke kill three chaps with a hammer?
    Imagine the effort with one in a death struggle?
    Then a second.
    Then a third.
    Did they just sit around waiting to be bludgeoned to death?
    How come these SAS stories get the coverage, when the shocking shit ISIS gets up to gets zero coverage?

185. Farmer Gez

Ha ha ha, he actually said that?
    He disappears for over a month each year and doesn’t work weekends. I’d say his gut is intact.

186. .

He’s the last of the Red Guards at the Kremlin, unaware that Yeltsin won.

187. John Constantine

Their fainefilth has spent thirty years as a quisling sellout, working for a one party Stalinist hellhole Dystopia.

Openly gloated that his Australia would only have elections between labor candidates and green candidates.

Collusion with the Soviet Union?.

Send fainefilth back to Comintern.

Comrades.

188. OneWorldGovernment

feelthebern
    #2740185, posted on June 18, 2018 at 7:31 am

I call bullshit on this hammer story.
    How can one bloke kill three chaps with a hammer?
    Imagine the effort with one in a death struggle?
    Then a second.
    Then a third.
    Did they just sit around waiting to be bludgeoned to death?

LOL

he had a pen to write his reports.

189. feelthebern

OWG? what are you lol about?

190. OneWorldGovernment

faine is definitely a communist piece of filth

191. Pickles

Anyone heard about the violent insurrection in the PNG highlands? Burning planes etc?

192. .

Trevor Fosdyke caused those race riots, Pickles.

He has to apologise to the university council in due course.

193. Farmer Gez

Faine stacks his show with boringly predicable left of centre guests and opinion. He’s hated the fact that management has forced him to show more balance. Vic Cats may be surprised by this but it is very noticeable since Senator Fifield’s complaints over bias.
    Like De Niro, Faine likes to put on his platform shoes and preach to the luvvies without restraint.
    Just retire you old Marxist hack!

194. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

socialists should be treated like any other criminal.

In fact invoke cultural relativity, what would the Romans do? round them up in a public forum and short sword them in the guts.

195. Pickles

Not race riots tribal riots. Be his wontoks I reckon.

196. Every day I look forward to the end of Turnbull and Morrison, and I would vote for Pol Pot to get rid of them. Roll on the election so we can clear the decks of this non representative swill.

Hear, hear!

At least Pol Pot got the drains running on time.

198. Farmer Gez

Prime minister Lucy and her deputy Mal will be very happy with the poll numbers on preferred prime minister.
    They’re popular with rusted on ALP voters.

199. OneWorldGovernment

feelthebern
    #2740192, posted on June 18, 2018 at 7:42 am

OWG? what are you lol about?

forgive me feelthebern

It actually wasn’t a laugh at you and my apologies if you thought it was.

I was laughing at the poor bastard who’s gun had failed and he survived.

I want to shake his hand one day.

Must have shit frightening for the bloke and that is the only reason I went LOL.

200. OneWorldGovernment

and feelthebern

I have told Ricarddo B to send blokes over where I am to deflate.

As in the end of tour and not going back.

201. Chris

Morning all.
    ABC was playing in the mess while I choked down a couple of bits of toast, displaying some daft short-haired bint gloatingly explaining how all top Trump team people were implicated in collusion with some amazingly cluey female Russian lawyer who represents oligarchs.
    I am sure I heard this before somewhere – but gosh what a scoop for the ABC!

Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

#2740178, posted on June 18, 2018 at 7:12 am

This is the core issue: is the US going to run by elected reps or by the fbi, doj and cia which have become partisanised, that is they represent the left side of politics.

Of course by virtue of the trolls here and the left generally we know that they don’t care if democratic process is subverted because at heart they’re commies, and should be treated as such.

203. EvilElvis

“Don’t be rude to the staff, it’s not their fault.”

Well then, get out the front and take the heat, spineless manager.

Yep. Mendi, Southern Highlands.

Nothing like a good plane burning to get the juices flowing.

I was living in Goroka during the Okuk riots. Teargas lobbing into the front yard, war parties roaming the streets roaring and chanting, lotsa looting. Watched one bloke run up the street with a sewing machine on his head.

Good times. 🙂

Here’s the balus-b-cue story.

Land dispute? Plus good stuff in the warehouse.

Dot, I quite like None’s commentary. She’s not a troll and she doesn’t “hate freedom”.

Your problem is you’re a lefty libertarian like Yobbo who’s happy to fall in behind freedom-hating, Big Government communists when it suits you.

Here’s a nice story for Dot and None. Hopefully it calms their cranky hearts and stops them calling each other poo poo bums and the like.

If not, please carry on. After that, I got nuthin’. 🙂

Very interesting article from the New York Post:

These Harvard kids got the lesson of their life in the Heartland

We were only a few days into a new course I had developed with Harvard’s Institute of Politics, called the Main Street Project, where students are immersed in small-town America. Even though these kids had almost all been raised in the United States, our journey sometimes felt like an anthropology course, as though they were seeing the rest of the country for the first time. And this was their opening lesson.

I suspect this lady is only able to offer this course as it has no credits attached to it. Even so I very much doubt she’ll be able to continue, as contamination of the groupthink will not be welcomed by the Harvard luvvies.

(via Lucianne)

209. Stimpson J. Cat

If not, please carry on. After that, I got nuthin’. 🙂

It’s really sad Calli.
    I’m trying to maintain standards and decorum on the thread and defend helpless Dot from bullying and all I get are insults from angry women who can’t do as they are told by the owner of the site simply because he is a man.
    My problem is I care too much.

😁

The quality of personal abuse on this site has room for improvement.

Use my handy Shakespearian Insult Generator for excellent results.

You’re welcome.

211. Mother Lode

The ABC, like other government organisations, is bewildered by technology and innovation.

They think it is still the days when they could receive a copy of a newspaper from overseas and pretend they have scoured the globe for news since no-one with fewer resources than the ABC was available to call them out.

When they regurgitate long discredited nonsense from the NYT, CNN or the BBC they think we will be impressed.

They mistake the pointing and laughing for awed astonishment.

212. I’ve been here since 1989 busting my guts for a vision and a set of values and, quite frankly, I’m sick of getting it ripped apart because of the failure of our managers,” Faine said

Sorry, but I don’t believe you.

213. .

Tom
    #2740211, posted on June 18, 2018 at 8:29 am

Fake news!

214. Mater

Sounds like when my leftie luvy, Melbourne private school educated, sister-in-law decided to go to a recent Cold Chisel concert.
    She had to leave early announcing, “The place is full of Bogans! I never realised Australia had so many Bogans.”
    A Cold Chisel concert FFS!

…but she’s all in for immigrants, unions and the ‘working’ class.

215. .

How they roped in that poor smurf doing a PhD in chem. eng. is beyond me.

Explainer: what’s the difference between STEM and STEAM?

One saves the world from death, disease and starvation.

The other keeps otherwise useless academics employed.

216. None

My problem is I care too much.

Oh god please spare us your sexist tripe. No one gets to tell me or anybody else that they can’t defend themselves against false accusations. Especially not yours.

DEFENCE
    Defence probe into shooting of Afghan shepherd boys
    Rahimullah Habibullah was wounded in the leg after coming under fire during what Afghans suspected was an Australian-led operation in Oruzgan in February 2012.

Rory Callinan
    The Australian
    12:00AM June 18, 2018

Allegations soldiers failed to ­report the death of a shepherd boy and the wounding of another have been investigated by the ­inquiry probing claims of war crimes by Australian special ­forces in ­Afghanistan.

A former Afghan human rights worker has confirmed Inspector-General of the Australian ­Defence Force investigators has sought ­details of the 2012 incident ­because of concerns about whether it had been appropriately reported up the chain of command.

Nimatullah Lathif was killed and Rahimullah Habibullah wounded in the leg when they ­allegedly came under fire during what local Afghans suspected was an Australian-led operation near the Sarkhume region, about 25km southwest of the Oruzgan capital of Tarin Kot, in February 2012, ­according to Oruzgan-based Human Rights worker Abdulahad Bahai.

The boys were reportedly with a flock of sheep and had long sticks but no weapons when they were shot. Rumours at the time suggested the boys’ long sticks for controlling the sheep had been mistaken for Taliban radio antennas, implying they were acting as insurgent lookouts.

Mr Bahai, speaking through an interpreter, told The Australian that following the shooting, ­Habibullah had been transported to Kandahar for treatment.

Mr Bahai said that in March 2012, about 25 days after the shootings, Australian forces had returned to the area and conducted another operation.

This major raid had then ­resulted in the deaths of two local men. Following this operation, and amid concerns the dead men were innocent, Australian troops met locals to discuss the claims in a shura, a method of decision-­making in Islamic society.

Earlier this year, investigators working for the inspector-general contacted a former human rights worker to inquire about the fatal raid

From the Oz. When Special Forces retention rates are at all time lows, with no new applicants, where shall we go then?

218. Leo G

cohenite posted at 8:19 am

Yes. George Parry in The American Spectator makes that point in his article about the findings of the OIG about the conduct of the Clinton emails investigation.

Faced with the inevitability of a Clinton presidency, the FBI and DOJ went into self-preservation mode by going through the motions of doing an investigation and publicly exonerating her. But it was all a vaudeville act staged to help Hillary put one over on the rubes who comprise the great unwashed voting public. By their actions, the FBI and DOJ contrived to lend their credibility to Clinton’s candidacy.
    In short, even though the participants in the Clinton investigation never expressly confessed their intentions to the OIG, the clear and unambiguous facts compel the inescapable conclusion that the FBI and DOJ acted with the basest of political motives to save Hillary Clinton from criminal charges.

It implies that the Trump-Russia investigation is just the continuation of the same misdirection.

219. OneWorldGovernment

calli

one of my Fathers dumb cousins tried to show some folk how to grow rice up there, somewhere.

I got sent to a boarding school in Melbourne.

There was a bloke that came from NG and taught me how to play basketball.

Some kockheads who had had a go at me when I was new wanted to take on Paul. He yelled to me what he should do. I said Paul smack the xunt and I’ll clean up what you don’t finish.

Poor bloke. He was shivering when I got to him because he hated what he had done to a kockhead whity.

I met that whity prick many years later, just passing, and he was a fuckwit with an obscure Victorian gov department.

Always kept my eye out for Paul but never seen him again after that year.

220. Stimpson J. Cat

Stop.
    Just stop.
    God save me from humorless women.

😁

221. Rae

contamination of the groupthink will not be welcomed

LOL

BoN, the Cat spokesperson. Liberty unquote?

222. Senile Old Guy

What nonsense!

STEAM education in schools provides students with the opportunity to learn creatively, using 21st century skills such as problem solving.

How is “problem solving”, something as old as humanity and even seen in animals, a 21st century skill?

With STEAM, we can challenge preconceptions that learning areas are separate, and move past the “I’m good at maths and science, so I’m not creative” way of thinking.

Only idiots think being good at science means you cannot be creative. This is one of the stupidest pieces published in The Conversation, and that is saying something.