Monday Forum: July 23, 2018

928 Responses to Monday Forum: July 23, 2018

1 2 3 4
  1. Speedbox

First. Good afternoon all.

Good afternoon to all.

Now who are you claiming this thread for, Rones?

4. Peter Castieau

And good afternoon to youse all

5. From Zyconoclast’s link:

“Look me in the eyes and tell me I don’t deserve to be a father!” he said

Dude, children aren’t a commodity, nor are they prizes one ‘deserves’. You want to be a father, marry a woman and have children naturally and honour that obligation to both the mother and the child.

6. RobK

Somehow international diplomacy via twitter almost has a refreshing and honest feel about it. It cuts out the middlemen I guess. I don’t think Iran can win a twitter war against Trump. Kim tried.

Man falls from Sydney cliff into ocean
    Australian Associated Press
    27 minutes ago

A young man has fallen from a cliff at a popular whale-watching area in southern Sydney.

The man, believed to be 18, fell had fallen up to 20m from the cliff into the water at Cape Solander in Kurnell about 3.30pm on Monday, NSW Ambulance said.

Water police, the Westpac Rescue Helicopter and paramedics have rushed to the scene.

8. Good arvo!
    Climbed the Rock last week with my two daughters…twice. Would have done a third trip up there but it was closed the last day we were there, for trivial weather issues. The expressions of joy on climber’s faces particularly at the summit and on the descent were a stark contrast to some of the dour faces seen walking around the base. The effect perhaps of being confronted by sign after sign after sign telling you not to photograph. I guess all that negativity might impact your mood.

TWO men who fled the scene of a fatal Sydney shooting last night offered people in nearby apartments wads of cash to hide them, it has been revealed.

Sarah McPhee
    AAP July 23, 2018 4:06pm

A MAN shot dead after answering a knock at his front door in Sydney’s west has been identified as father-of-three George Nassiff.

Police were called to his Warwick Farm unit block late on Sunday afternoon to find the 46-year-old clinging to life with a bullet wound in his back.

Two men, one armed, knocked on the front door about 5.20pm, entered the apartment and shot Mr Nassiff before fleeing, police said on Monday.

10. Carpe Jugulum

Good afternoon troopers

Stack

At least two people died in the Melbourne suburban hospital system this morning. It’s unconfirmed, but I’m sure you can take it to the bank.

Someone was also likely bitten by a dog in the US over the past 24 hours.

1010 Wins. If you give Stack 22 minutes, he will give you the world.

12. Herodotus

… sign after sign after sign telling you not to photograph.
    Those signs need to be vandalised.

13. Baldrick

16th Battalion A.I.F

O’Meara, Martin (1885–1935)
    On 9-12 August 1916, the 16th Battalion mounted an attack on German positions at Mouquet Farm near Pozières. Devastating German artillery fire caused heavy casualties, an entry in the battalion war diary on 12 August stating laconically that ‘the trench as a trench had ceased to exist’.
    During this period O’Meara, then acting as a stretcher-bearer, behaved in a manner which led one officer to describe him as ‘the most fearless and gallant soldier I have ever seen’. He was credited with having saved the lives of over twenty-five wounded men by carrying them in from no man’s land ‘under conditions that are undescribable’. Even after the battalion was relieved its commanding officer, Lieutenant-Colonel E. Drake-Brockman, saw O’Meara returning to the front line through the bombardment to rescue two wounded comrades despite having himself ‘reached a position of comparative safety’. At other times he had, on his own initiative, brought up much-needed supplies of grenades, ammunition and food. For these actions O’Meara was awarded the Victoria Cross.

14. Delta A

“Look me in the eyes and tell me I don’t deserve to be a father!” he said

Look that tiny baby in the eye and tell me it doesn’t deserve a mother.

15. RobK

JC

#2770524, posted on July 23, 2018 at 5:02 pm

😊

16. Delta A

MarcH
    #2770515, posted on July 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm

Congratulations, MarcH! It is a very difficult climb. I remember reaching the top and actually wailing with relief and exhaustion. That was 47 years ago, when The Rock climbers were praised, not demonised.

16th Battalion A.I.F

O’Meara, Martin (1885–1935)

O’Meara went on to spend the rest of his life in military hospitals, with various mental problems. When he died, the mourners at his funeral included three other Victoria Cross winners, and in 1986, his Victoria Cross was denoted to the the Army Museum of Western Australia. He has one other honor – the wet canteen at 16th Battalion, Royal Western Australian Regiment was named after him.

18. thefrollickingmole

A sensible article… In MY Gurdian???

Worth a read.

What liberals (still) get wrong about Trump’s support
    After each outrage, progressives believe supporters will drain away. On the contrary: he is giving them what they want.

Evangelicals are a case in point. My work on Republican factions, contained in the book I co-authored with professor Dante Scala, The Four Faces of the Republican Party, found that very conservative voters who highly value social issues comprise about 25% of the party. These voters today are very afraid that liberal and progressive judges will slowly circumscribe their ability to practice their religion in their daily lives. They tended not to support Trump during the primaries, instead backing Texas senator Ted Cruz. Their support for Trump now is highly transactional: so long as he nominates the judges they think will protect their beliefs and way of life, they will overlook virtually anything else he says or does.

In other words as long as hes not all hat and no cattle they will get along fine.

Democrats have done nothing since Trump’s election to reduce these feelings. On issue after issue the Democratic party has moved to the left, catering to a progressive base outraged at Trump’s election and seething at how the Democratic establishment foisted a fatally flawed candidate upon them. The latest progressive cause célèbre is for eliminating America’s border enforcement agency, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Ice). One can be outraged at how Trump is enforcing America’s immigration laws without thinking that eliminating all border enforcement is a good idea. An idea like this keeps Republicans united in their support for Trump as it clearly shows how unacceptable the alternative is.

2 words, Maxine Waters.

It’s “boy who cried wolf” syndrome writ large; when the media cries “wolf” at every passing shadow, many Trump backers simply don’t believe them when they say that a wolf might actually be coming.

More like a never ending clown car where after the first 10 clowns pile out of the mini people get bored.

19. Motelier

Goooood Afternoooooooon Taxpayers.

Not many of us left now.

20. Delta A

It is a very difficult climb.

We did the climb in the middle of January. No air con, no portable fridge.

Silly young whippersnappers!

21. woolfe

Whoops think i misread the CNBC article……

This idiot should be run out of town on a solar panel; one made by musk:

Gupta says coal no longer cheapest energy

The UK billionaire who bought South Australia’s troubled Whyalla steelworks says Australians are yet to grasp that new coal-fired electricity is more expensive to produce than solar power.

Sanjeev Gupta is investing $2 billion in clean energy and steel production in South Australia and told Guardian Australia on Monday, “It’s still everybody’s perception that it is cheaper to make power from coal than it is from renewables, and it is no longer the case.”

“It was the case not long ago, but it’s no longer the case, and we will prove it,” he said.

The British industrialist – whose company GFG Alliance bought the Whyalla plant in August last year – reaffirmed in May his promised investment strategy in South Australia, including a 90 megawatt pumped hydro power plant, large-scale solar power production at Whyalla and the development of a 100 megawatt lithium-ion battery.

Last week, the Australian Energy Market Operator said a combination of solar, wind, storage, gas and transmission investment could produce the 90 terawatt hours of energy needed each year to offset power from retiring coal-fired generation.

“If it was cheaper to make new coal plants, I would argue you should invest in that technology. These HELE (high efficiency, low emissions coal) plants are incredibly efficient these days and their emissions are really quite impressive,” he told Guardian Australia.

“But it should just turn on what’s more competitive. If you can make power from the sort of things that we’re doing and it can compete against a new coal plant, then why would you not do that, right? It’s obvious.”

He also said Australia was “well behind” other nations which are moving towards a cleaner economy.

Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg last week said the AEMO report did not preclude a new coal-fired power station being built – as is being advocated by some coalition MPs – but showed the declining cost of renewables and storage.

“It’s reflecting what is a reality in the market, which is renewables coming down dramatically in price, and that’s led to their increased uptake across the market, and we need to put a greater emphasis on storage and interconnection,” Mr Frydenberg said on Tuesday.

Mr Frydenberg will meet with his state and territory counterparts in Sydney on August 10 to discuss the government’s planned National Energy Guarantee.

Australian: 11:59AM July 23, 2018

The SoB will double his investment with government subsidies.

23. struth

Are we laying bets on the identity of the Canadian shooter?

Angry Anglican?
    Cross Catholic?
    Hurty Hindu?

24. Geriatric Mayfly

Now, O’Brien is at it again, posing in her bikini in New York’s Times Square as part of a “documentary-style shoot” about life after her experience in Las Vegas went viral. But this time, O’Brien wasn’t asked to cover up. In fact, it was quite the opposite. “I was prepared to be pointed at, shamed, and called fat. I didn’t expect to be fetishized,” O’Brien laments in an article for Cosmopolitan. That’s right, folks, according to O’Brien fat shaming is perfectly acceptable. It’s the fact that anyone saw an obese woman standing in Times Square in her underwear as sexual that really offends her.

Pics of the adipose mountain at PJMedia. Erk! Keep eye bleach handy.

25. thefrollickingmole

Its Canada.
    Maybe a Irritated Inuit?
    A Qwerty Quebecer
    A Chafing Chinese chap.

26. Stimpson J. Cat

RainnWilson
    @rainnwilson
    Little concerned – this morning, found blood in my urine. Well, not “my” urine. The baby urine I wash my hair with.
    11:10 PM · Oct 24, 2011

I can’t figure who I want to see lose more in this deal.

Anderson Cooper finished up the first week of his new Facebook Live show #FullCircle with a whopping 2,000 people watching! 😆
    Facebook pays CNN $20,000 PER EPISODE, FYI, as part of their new agenda to flood Facebook with mainstream media. Keep blowing your money, clowns!

28. Makka

ICE are also very active and successful in preventing and prosecuting cross border child trafficking which the Dems are obviously very unhappy about. Those 2,000 unaccompanied kids the left were so outraged about a few weeks back were in fact taken away from child trafficking networks.

cohenite

#2770543, posted on July 23, 2018 at 5:33 pm

This idiot should be run out of town on a solar panel; one made by musk:

Gupta says coal no longer cheapest energy

Please may I have some more subsidies, sir!
    He knows which side his naan is buttered.

30. Farmer Gez

Just caught up with the news that SHY is using the “child defence” on The Project.
    Left are scum and will use kids at their convenience, but a Network should not allow them to do it.
    Are there any grow ups at Network Ten?

31. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

welcome to thread interpretive dance #56

32. Mark from Melbourne

VDH summarises it well I think… sadly.

Democrats privately acknowledge that Obama wrecked the Democratic Party—losing Congress, the presidency, state and local offices, and now the Supreme Court. But they must praise the forces of that wreckage and seek to trump them by becoming the party of hyper-identity politics. In other words, the Democrats know what sort of agenda might bring them back into power as it did in 1992. But they feel that Clintonesque cure is worse than the disease of being in the purer political wilderness without power.

So, for now, they rant, they rave, and they stew, accepting that they cannot do what might save them and therefore they only do more of what is destroying them. Out of that lose-lose dilemma was birthed Trump hatred. Without a persuasive argument, progressives came up with the mantra that Trump is a traitor, and that all they needed to do was to explain to supposedly dense voters that their current economic renaissance was actually jackbooted National Socialism.

How far will the Left go? I fear that we have seen nothing yet.

33. Atoms for Peace

I’m bored with ground hog free to air news and reckon they should do up a 23 minute loop and just play it forever. Content. Cleavage, bleached size 10 teeth in a size 8 mouth, car crash into building, random disaster, medical break through to be seen in 3 to 5 years, hottest day evah, random pet story…Please feel free to add content.

Are there any grow ups at Network Ten?

I watched SHYdefending her use of the child this morning on Seven.

She said her daughter was “an impressive young woman”. The child is eleven. I wanted to reach into my TV and punch the smugster’s pudding face.

35. Tintarella di Luna

Are there any grow ups at Network Ten?

I wonder if they will ask the 11-year-old what she thinks of Catherine Deveney’s hope that 12-year-old Bindi Irwin would be raped at the logies? Woman-t0-girl

36. Zatara

His mum made them turn it on at the big bingo night.

37. I watched SHYdefending her use of the child this morning on Seven.

What happened to her defamation suit “in seven days”?
    And what is “the child defence”?
    Sorry for asking, but I don’t get a lot of time online at the moment.

38. Geriatric Mayfly

I watched SHYdefending her use of the child this morning on Seven. She said her daughter was “an impressive young woman”. The child is eleven.

To be impressive at that age, mother must have bought her a pony.

39. Tintarella di Luna

pudding face — thank you calli that goes straight to the Sarah Sea Patrol adjective drawer as in pudding-faced swivel-eyed loon

40. Gab

Heard a young mum in the supermarket yesterday ask her 3 or 4 year old child what type of bread he wanted.

Why do adults outsource their decision-making to tots?

41. Tintarella di Luna

Why do adults outsource their decision-making to tots?

Because then they don’t have to take responsibility for upsetting the prince/ss

42. Nick

I just hope that SHY’s daughter identifies as such. I hope SHY asked her beforehand.

She looked like a sweet little girl. I hope she stays that way.

44. Tintarella di Luna

From past utterances I’m sure Pudding Face would have just ass-u-med

45. Rae

Cue outrageously outraged outrage.

46. Senile Old Guy

Why do adults outsource their decision-making to tots?

I don’t see a problem with that. Having the child pick involves them in the process and they are more likely to eat it. This does not mean the child makes all the decisions and sometimes they will surprise you. My kids ate vegetables willingly at that age. It was when they were older that they got fussy. (They still ate vegetables; they just didn’t know.)

What do South Australians have, against the rest of the Commonwealth, that they elected that particular pudding faced, swivel eyed loon, to the Senate?

48. Those signs need to be vandalised

Have plenty of photos of them.

49. Confused Old Misfit

Delta A
    #2770525, posted on July 23, 2018 at 5:06 pm
    “Look me in the eyes and tell me I don’t deserve to be a father!” he said

Look that tiny baby in the eye and tell me it doesn’t deserve a mother.

Exactly.

50. Atoms for Peace

Just save the brand name bread bags and refill them with the colesworth bread.

51. 132andBush

I wanted to reach into my TV and punch the smugster’s pudding face.

I wanted to reach into my TV and punch the puddings smugster face.

Works as well 🙂

52. 132andBush

Is SHY trotting out her daughter just code for “I got nuthin legally”?

Pickles. What say you?

53. Geriatric Mayfly

Trying to train elm suckers into some type of hedgerow takes eternal vigilance. Gave the lopping a miss last year as the new growth was somewhat stunted by lack of rain. This is the year of retribution and some of the girthy verticals are heading for the overhead powerlines. Rather than have officials come and grub them out entirely, and thus deprive my western aspect of privacy and a windbreak, a neighbour gave me the loan of a pair fearsome looking shears. Handles not long enough to get purchase, and the ageing shoulders soon protested at the weight. To Bunnings and I find Fiskars had thought it all through on the drawing board, and not a branch too thick for instant, effortless decapitation. A quarter of ‘the avenue’ pollarded to within and inch of its life in no time and without having MICA on speed dial.

54. Tintarella di Luna

She looked like a sweet little girl. I hope she stays that way.

I hope so too, I wonder if her father is a sensible man?

I hope so too, I wonder if her father is a sensible man?

He had sex with the whale.

56. Tintarella di Luna

I reckon it’s revenge for Maralinga

57. zyconoclast

A federal judge ruled against stripping away the U.S. citizenship of a convicted terrorist tied to a plot to destroy the Brooklyn Bridge, citing a lack of evidence to prove that the status had been granted based on misrepresentations.

Iyman Faris, 49, was sentenced in 2003 for aiding and abetting al-Qaida by scoping out the iconic New York bridge as a part of a plot to cut through the cables supporting the structure. He had met with Osam bin Laden in Afghanistan and worked with 9/11 architect Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

Faris is set to be released on Dec. 23, 2020, but a court filing last year in a U.S. District Court argued that Faris lied on immigration papers and that his terrorist affiliations demonstrated a lack of commitment to the Constitution.

Originally born in Pakistan, Faris became a citizen in 1999. He worked as a truck driver in Ohio and was married to an American woman.

Federal Judge Staci Yanle ruled this month in favor of Faris, saying that there was not enough evidence to prove that any misrepresentations influenced the decision to grant him citizenship.

“American citizenship is precious, and the government carries a heavy burden of proof when attempting to divest a naturalized citizen of his or her citizenship,” she wrote on July 11.

The Department of Justice declined to comment to The Associated Press.

Faris’ case was one of the first terrorism cases to follow the 9/11 attacks.

58. Tintarella di Luna

He had sex with the whale.

Hmmmmm there is that but it may have been a moment of weakness, Pickles has had those moments, and are reminded from time to time

I reckon it’s revenge for Maralinga

Indeed. So Western Australians elected certain frightbats to the Senate as revenge for the Monte Bello Island tests?

60. Tintarella di Luna

Zulu perhaps it’s long-lasting nuclear fallout

Zulu perhaps it’s long-lasting nuclear fallout

I’ll pay that one, Tinta.

62. mh

VIDEO: SAN FRANCISCO IS A SH*THOLE

America’s biggest public toilet

Trump to Kim:
    Hi Kim, Donald here, tell me again how your missiles can now reach the West Coast.

63. DrBeauGan

zyconoclast
    #2770601, posted on July 23, 2018 at 7:00 pm
    NASA prepares to fly probe into Sun’s scorching atmosphere

Most of the comments on that site were very stupid, zyco. Including the awful joke that they should go at night when it’s cooler.

64. Mak Siccar

Baldrick
    #2770523, posted on July 23, 2018 at 4:59 pm

Baldrick,

Sincerely, many thanks for your posts over the last several years. They are greatly appreciated, particularly by those that have ‘skin in the game’, which, by that I mean, those of us who have had fathers and grandfathers in the the two worlds wars.

65. Baldrick

You’re welcome Mak.

66. zyconoclast

I never read the comments.
    Seems like I made a good decision.

67. Gab

Keep slitting the throats of American citizens, judge. The fact that he’s a convicted terrorist should be grounds for deportation.

Fabulous news to uplift Fatty Ashton’s flagging spirits!
    The “boy” being questioned over the stabbing murder of Laa Chol identifies as seventeen (17) years old.
    What a relief!
    Children’s Court here we come.
    No identification allowed. Details suppressed.
    What a stroke of luck.

69. Oh come on

I love all the whining from the usual suspects about the sexism of paying so much attention to what Hillary wears. Look if she just wore normal clothes, no one would give a shit. However, she dresses like a heavily pregnant obese Hawaiian woman, and even the colossal muumuus she wears that could double as spinnakers for a maxi in the Sydney to Hobart cannot hide the weird and unnatural protrusions poking out from various parts of her body. That’s why people talk about what she wears all the time.

If a controversial male politician fronted the media in a backless hospital gown with his full butt crack on display when he turned around, people would also comment on his unusual attire.

Including the awful joke that they should go at night when it’s cooler.

It is awful. They should just go when it is raining.

they should go at night when it’s cooler.

They may find the Irish landing crew who vanished without trace?

Was the submission in crayon, like Zoe Daniels’ kids?

73. Gary

Including the awful joke that they should go at night when it’s cooler.

Your lying Doc with least 70% probability.

74. Rae

Maybe. Maybe not. But nothing to do with the kaftans worn by Hillary, to Ozyfest, and on other recent occasions.

75. Spider

Interesting to compare Ellen Fannings combative interview with Sebastian Gorka with the tongue bathing applied to Madeline Albright this evening who is flogging her book.

Leading questions and not one attempt whatsoever to balance the fascist warning signs; Mussolini can teach us a lesson ; evil Trump666 is a dictator diatribe.

I thought she was going ask her to sign her copy of the book.

Recall doing same in my late 40s post op with drip en route to the ward loo/shower, with a nearby septuagenarian lady apparently appreciating the view with each trip.
    Très embarrassment.

This idiot should be run out of town on a solar panel; one made by musk:

Gupta says coal no longer cheapest energy

Gupta’s UK business model centres on recycling steel from obsolete industrial sites for use in tax payer subsidised Green projects.

South Australia is obviously a high return target for him.

Whatever else you may say, unlike SA’s leaders, he is not stupid.

78. DrBeauGan

Gary
    #2770621, posted on July 23, 2018 at 7:51 pm
    Including the awful joke that they should go at night when it’s cooler.

Your lying Doc with least 70% probability.

What, me lie? And on something you could check on by going to the site and reading the comments?

79. urb

#2770525, posted on July 23, 2018 at 5:06 pm
    This for me is the best comment I have read this year

80. Peter Castieau

All went well. A few yobbos apparently and a full house.

Presumably a video will be up on YouTube on Lauren’s page.

81. John Constantine

Viclib upper house member blows .19. Pale stale male.

This will finish his career and be grasped by their abc as a scalp to be ripped away as a trophy and an electoral weapon for their side.

Bad enough, but not treason or destructive to the country.

Listening to comical Andrews, the premier of the decolonialising, de-industrialising, de-electrifying welfare services vote plantation, and hearing the drooling dystopia looming like a twenty kilo Suppository from Stalin, the election should be the viclibs to lose.

So they will,of course, lose it.

Comrades.

82. Gary

Relax Doc it was a carry on from the last thread

83. zyconoclast

Arab clans dominate Berlin: Twenty families rule large parts of Germany’s capital

According to police estimates, close to 20 large Arab family clans live in Berlin. They each have up to 500 members. Twelve clans are causing serious problems for the police as they repeatedly commit organised crimes, Berliner Zeitung reports.

One clan was raided last Friday, as 40 financial investigators from the State Criminal Police Office were standing in front doors of various members of the clan.

Twelve addresses of the extended family R. were searched in Berlin, one in Brandenburg. In total, 77 properties were seized on Friday – with a total value of around ten million euros.

The properties were financed, for the most part, with money from criminal activities. Members of the extended family R. have been known to the police for years for criminal acts.

In October 2014 they broke into and robbed a bank in Mariendorf, taking almost ten million euros.

The clans, which consist of Arabs, Turks and Africans operate primarily in the west of the city. Some Arab clans live in Berlin’s Neukölln suburb and have divided certain streets amongst themselves.

The problem is not limited to Berlin. The clans are also active in the Ruhr area, in Lower Saxony and Bremen.

84. Atoms for Peace

It really pisses nurses off when you can do the bow tie on the back of hospital gowns.

85. zyconoclast

I’m no Le Pen fan. I think she is a dud.

The European Parliament has decided to follow the example of French judges and freeze funding for Marine Le Pen’s party National Rally (RN), formerly known as the National Front, Le Journal du Dimanche newspaper reported.

The subsidies allocated to members of the European Parliament from the National Rally party for the financing of their activities and recruitment of personnel have been frozen on the suspicion of misuse of funds, Le Journal du Dimanche newspaper reported.

In early July, Paris judges Claire Thepaut and Renaud Van Ruymbeke ordered to withhold 2 million euros ($2.35 million) of government subsidies earmarked to finance the party.

The prosecutors suspected RN of establishing of a secret embezzlement system using the European funds to pay the party’s assistants, dealing with the party’s affairs that are unrelated to the EU.
    Le Pen has repeatedly refuted accusations against her party, saying that she considered the actions of the French legal system as illegal, and accused the prosecutors of attempts to “kill” France’s major opposition party.

According to the RN’s leader, her party might cease to exist as early as late August as it will be unable to pay its employees.

86. Herodotus

Shy man had a whale of a time.

87. Herodotus

The French are a weird mob, they’d have difficulty rallying around Orban, or anyone else who wasn’t a bit politically ac/dc.

88. Farmer Gez

A public service classic from BOM on ABC Country Hour.
    Presenter asks forecaster if the Mildura radar is fixed.
    Forecaster says that they have had complaints from farmers that the rain radar wasn’t working, so they sent a couple of technicians and it’s all fixed.
    Why the f$ck do the Bureau need complaints to tell them their equipment isn’t working properly?
    This is the same lot of bozos who were on a go slow for months over pay.

ABC Backroads: The Tiwi Islanders have four cultural groups, according to skin colour, and intermarriage is discouraged.
    Oh noes!

90. testpattern

‘Last night about 30 members of AC volunteered at the Perth end of the Moleyneux/Southern roadshow.’

Pity they didn’t book the new stadium. They could’ve been the first to walk across the Matagarup bridge with a KKK t-shirt and German Shepherd

Pauline on Price and Bolt doing a prima donna routine about deserving a break and going to Ireland during the lead up to the by-elections.

She makes a good point that the election is about her candidate not her; which I think is a bit disingenuous.

Price and Bolt very circumspect and deferential.

92. John Constantine

Significant elements of their left are hellbent on sharp tooth rewilding Victoria through reintroduction of dingos.

I would be happy to rewild parliament house by reintroducing a thousand dingos into the building and barricading the doors.

That would give them something to drink about.

Comrades.

Someone’s been dangling their testes in the toilet bowl again.

94. Oh come on

Black on black, red on red, blue on blue – don’t care what you call it, it’s funnier than anything Trevor Noah has ever said!

Pauline got better as the interview went on but the interviewers were sympathetic. Pauline impresses me as a pollie who has had an absolute gutful of the left, the msm and the sundry other shits driving this country over a cliff.

In other news @#$%^&! trigs will now work for the UN, UNAIDS, as an expert on bullying and sexual harrassment prevention.

97. John Constantine

The imported organised crime clans of Berlin sounded impressive with the 10 million dollar bank robbery, but here is what corrupt australias imported crime clans can do.

Our billion dollar corrupt gold scam is our Strength.

Comrades.

Someone’s been dangling their testes in the toilet bowl again.

Ten schooners, over a long lunch, at the Burbridge Tavern will do that, every time.

99. zyconoclast

Dingo behaviour expert says cull not the answer following attack

Luckily she was not attacked by babies.
    Culling would be the first and only solution.

100. John Constantine

Don’t often do big slabs, but the birdword is so common here I have to.

“Alejandro Mendieta Blanco, the diamond and gold dealer recently accused of selling stolen birdellery linked to a spate of Melbourne robberies, is reportedly also being investigated for the widely publicised gold tax scam.

According to Fairfax Media, Mendieta Blanco is the subject of a major investigation by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) for his alleged participation in the goods and services tax (GST) fraud scheme involving the gold bullion and precious metals industries.

The Age reported that it understood the ATO began investigating Mendieta Blanco’s tax affairs more than six months ago.

It is believed the audit came after a business activity statement was submitted for his Sell Your Gold business that requested a GST refund of approximately $1 million.

The GST scam involves gold traders ‘exploiting’ a loophole in the way GST was applied to scrap gold as opposed to gold bullion.

The ATO alleged that individuals and businesses were refining GST-free gold bullion into scrap gold, making it eligible for GST when sold to precious metal dealers and birdellers. The 10 per cent tax was paid by the new buyer and pocketed by the seller who did not declare it to the tax office.

When its investigation was announced in 2013, the ATO estimated the scheme had cost up to $65 million in lost tax revenue; however, that figure has now been revised and sits at $879 million.

birdeller contacted the ATO for confirmation that Mendieta Blanco was under investigation but was told the department could not provide details on the matter.

An ATO spokesperson did state that the department continued to review, audit and investigate the activities undertaken by a number of entities in the precious metals industry.

“To date, the ATO has raised liabilities totalling $879 million on entities within the industry, and currently has 89 cases on hand,” the spokesperson said.

Court appearance

Perry Hannah

”If the gold dealers are the ones behind the robberies, then to see their faces lets them know how we as a whole industry have been affected.”

Perry Hannah, All Diamonds owner

As previously reported by birdeller, Mendieta Blanco was one of three men arrested on 5 October in relation to the alleged receiving and selling of ellery stolen in a series of armed ellery store robberies in Melbourne.

He, along with Julio Mendieta Blanco and Chey Tenenboim, appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court on 10 October.

The three men were charged with handling stolen goods, recklessly possessing stolen goods and knowingly possessing stolen goods.

Perry Hannah, the owner of All Diamonds ellery store in Elsternwick, attended the court hearing.

Hannah’s business was robbed earlier this year and although it wasn’t clear if the robbery was linked to the accused, the eller said it was important for him to be there.

“If the gold dealers are the ones behind the robberies, then to see their faces lets them know how we as a whole industry have been affected,” Hannah said.

“The police are doing their investigations thoroughly, which seems to have stopped the spate of armed hold-ups; these investigations give some peace of mind,” he added.

All three men were granted bail; their passports were surrendered and police held assets reportedly totalling $20 million. They were scheduled to re-appear at court in January 2018.”

The smash and grab raids by yarragrads apex predators on gold and gemstone shops were a big thing for a while.

It seems that community outreach and deradicalisation programs weren’t the thing that stopped them, just shutting the billion dollar loophole.

This billion dollar story not an issue tio their billion dollar abc as it doesn’t put diversity in a progressive enough light.

Comrades.

101. 132andBush

Price and Bolt always give Hanson a soft go.
    Bit cringeworthy at times.

2GB need to give Price the flick and replace with Michael McLaren, then Bolt on notice to stop interrupting or be replaced with Mark Latham.

102. Snoopy

The AMP falling knife hasn’t hit the bare foot yet.

103. zyconoclast

Pope Francis has lamented the latest migrant deaths in shipwrecks of smugglers’ boats and entreated nations to act swiftly to prevent more tragedies.

Francis in his traditional Sunday appearance to faithful in St. Peter’s Square expressed sorrow over recent deaths in the Mediterranean Sea and assured victims’ loved ones of his prayers.

He called on “the international community to act decisively and quickly so similar tragedies aren’t repeated” and said the “safety, respect of rights and the dignity of all must be guaranteed.”

Far fewer migrants have arrived in Italy this year compared to the same period in 2017, but U.N. refugee officials say recent crossings have been deadlier.

With Italy’s new populist government and Malta not allowing aid groups’ boats to dock, rescued migrants lately have been stranded at sea for days.

104. zyconoclast

UK agrees to take Syrian asylum seekers and White Helmet workers following Israel rescue
    HUNDREDS of Syrians, including White Helmet rescue workers, have been evacuated from the Golan Heights and the UK, Germany and Canada have agreed to take them in, it has been confirmed.

105. Our billion dollar corrupt gold scam is our Strength.
    Comrades.

Sorry John, but that gold bullion article is a bit of a furphy. I suspect it is the beginning of a grubbymint campaign to slap some sort of tax on gold bullion and coins.

106. VIDEO: SAN FRANCISCO IS A SH*THOLE

If you want a vision of the leftist future, imagine a boot stepping on human faeces – forever.

107. testpattern

Some Skinny Ugle yarns –

Skinny was in the Air Force flying a bomber, the bombs were going everywhere so he hid behind a cloud and waited till they stopped fighting

Skinny Ugle ran that fast around a tree he tapped him self on the back

Skinny went hunting for a yongka an only had 1 bullet …. he come back with 2 yongka. He told them’ I lined up the 2 yongka evenly & I shot the rock in the middle. The bullet split in half an shot both’

Skinny had a fight one day & he said ‘ I never hit a man when he down’ so he lay down on the ground and fought him

Skinny was riding the bike back to Narrogin. He rode that fast around the corner the back wheel was in front of him ..

Skinny said that he was playing footy in Cuballing and they were one goal and one point behind and when he kicked the ball the leather went through the goal and the bladder went through the point and they won by one point and one goal

Skinny was playing footy in Williams. He took a screamer – he was that high he seen em playing two up in Narrogin

Skinny was down south setting rabbit traps, he said there was so many rabbits he had to push them out of the way the way to set the traps …

Uncle Abe’s Big Shoot

‘When I pulled the trigger the fish leapt from the water on the line and the bullet passed through him inter the buck. I tole you the gun kicked. Well it flew out of my hands an’ hit the hare square on the nose…’

Kloof Yarns. Glanville 1896

Glanville’s Kloof Yarns were popular in the WA Goldfields. Copies were obtained from prospectors who’d been to South Africa and later from Boer War veterans. They were widely read all over the State. Some Kloof yarns were reprinted by literary minded newspaper Goldfields editors and probably influenced Henry Lawson.

Artfulness in the Early South African Oral-Style Story: Ernest Glanville’s ‘Abe Pike’ Tales

108. John Constantine

I never got the wesfarmers shareholding anywhere near right.

Wesfarmers deciding to demerge coles is interesting. Coles has been one of the biggest winners from the Big Australia population Ponzi of mass importation of consumption machine clients.

Is Wesfarmers signalling that without the Ponzi, coles is becoming a grind business that has to fight to increase its client base?.

You would expect wesfarmers without coles to outperform wesfarmers with coles, so I am undecided as to wether or not to do a capital allocation into the demerger. Both demerged companies will be strong, but there is no real outperformance trigger. Others preferred?.

109. mh

If only they had listened to Savage:

Michael Savage Talks to Callers about the Failing City of San Francisco

110. John Constantine

Be interesting to see how the gst gold scam thing ends up, MV.

I looks like it is easiest for the tax office to smash real business like the gold smelters, and very hard to get money back from Lebanon.

One the tax office gets its teeth into a thing, they do tend to go merciless, so there will be blood and guts splashed around.

Doubt the mafia will suffer much though.

If gold is to be of any possible use as a store of value against the State going all electronic money, of course the State will have to crush gold holders.

Bastards.

I never got the wesfarmers shareholding anywhere near right.

Thanks for that link.

112. John Constantine
    #2770686, posted on July 23, 2018 at 9:24 pm

John, buying minted, stamped gold bullion and turning it into scrap, would be a money losing proposition, even after pocketing the GST. Minted, stamped coins even more so. And that’s not even taking into account the travel and labour as outlined in the story.

Their Ponzi class shop in bulk at Aldi?

115. Makka

The AMP falling knife hasn’t hit the bare foot yet.

You need very deep pockets for falling knives. Better odds at the casino.

116. Shy Ted

I’m glad Trevor Noah didn’t do the black eye, fat lip or a job joke. Even gladder he didn’t do the eat a cricket ball one.

117. Snoopy

Or hitting a crocodile on the head with a hammer.

118. Memory Vault, the inquest into the murder of Shirley Finn is resuming – four days of hearings.

This is the third, fourth “inquest”? Like the others that preceded it, it will amount to nothing important – just naming names of some long dead minor players. Because one the principle characters is still alive, quite influential comfortably rich, and not very nice when crossed.

119. Makka

Getting ready to bail? Even the Socialists know Socialism has a shelf life;

Venezuela’s Mining Minister Victor Cano on Wednesday said the central bank was exporting gold to Turkey rather than Switzerland due to concerns about sanctions, without specifying the amount that was being sent.

The latest data on Turkey’s Statistical Institute website show that between January and May, Venezuela exported 20.15 tonnes of gold to Turkey, compared with none in 2017. Turkey did not send an equivalent amount of gold back to Venezuela, the data showed

ht/Insty

120. Harlequin Decline

John Constantine
    #2770677, posted on July 23, 2018 at 9:20 pm
    I never got the wesfarmers shareholding anywhere near right.

They may be looking at the pending new entrants into the Supermarket business and anticipate declining margins. If they figure Coles is fully valued then it could be time to bail.

121. Oh come on

Testes is going to be extremely angry that Trevor Noah made a joke about how Aboriginal women are ugly. I think Testes needs to get a posse of antifa-types together and disrupt Trevor Noah’s shows.

122. Shy Ted

Tim Minchin to star in a new Aussie road trip movie (please, no more Aussie road trip movies left arty types). Life on the road may mean he can’t wash his hair very often.

It’s the first inquest – Perth cops treated it as a “cold case” a few years ago, and got nowhere. I just remember Perth, in the mid Seventies – as you say, the start of the trail that led to W.A. Inc – and Shirley Finn’s daughter, hanging around Northbridge, trying to get answers.

124. John Constantine

MV, it is hinted that the ten percent gst scalp was profitable because it was a paper transformation of refined to scrap to refined, not a physical one.

Plus the smash and grab stuff.

Also interesting to see their tax office claiming crims are making nuts and bolts out of gold to export it out of the country in manufactured products.

More central control of gold is the intention, I agree there.

125. Oh come on

Tim Minchin to star in a new Aussie road trip movie

A Priscilla sequel? Lame.

126. Makka

The view from California.

That crazy Trump. Supplying the knives for the left so they can efficiently slit their throats. A fair analysis of Trump Derangement Syndrome;

Donald Trump and the Republican Party, increasingly his subsidiary, should be headed to a reckoning of historic proportions. But, despite his own often unforced errors, Trump may have found an unwitting ally far more impactful than Vladimir Putin: the Democratic Party.

In their anti-Trump fervor, the Democrats have embraced leftist positions that weaken their prospects in 2018 and, perhaps even more so, beyond. This leftward shift was evident in scores of elections around the country as well as here in California where the party endorsed climate activist and open-borders advocate Kevin De Leon over longtime centrist, and still heavily favored, Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

If you visit the South Side of Chicago, nearby the former Obama manse, poverty has become worse while The Loop to the north has never seemed so prosperous.

In contrast, under Trump’s regime, unemployment among African Americans and Latinos has hit historic lows while wages for blue-collar workers have begun to creep up. Minorities’ sense of personal future prospects have improved markedly, notes the Zogby poll. Trump, despite his remarks about Mexico, is even gaining ground among Hispanics, according to the Harris poll.

Most minority voters, particularly African Americans, favor less immigration rather than more.

J00s, despite their self-affiliation as progressives, are faced with a growing anti-Isra el, and at least marginally anti-Sem itic, wave among “progressive” Democrats. The party’s latest leftist star, New York’s Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, has made her anti-Isra el opinions well known,

Democratic dominance among Asians could also be threatened. Trump’s assault on affirmative action appeals to the meritocratic mentality of many Asian families, some of whom fear their offspring face active discrimination in admission to colleges and universities.

But an assault on inequality — as proposed by Bernie Sanders and his supporters — would also mean higher taxes and more stringent regulations on the oligarchal overclass.

But by threatening to alienate sizable parts of the party base, the resistance may yet fail to depose Trump, largely because of its own fundamental contradictions and endemic foolishness.

127. It’s the first inquest

Inquest? A rose by any other name . . .
    Call them what you like. This is the the third or fourth time there has been some form of “official inquiry” into Finn’s death. As I explained once long ago, I was contacted at the time of the first one, and directed the polite young detective to the whereabouts of Finn’s “unofficial account books.

I never heard from the authorities after that.

128. Shy Ted

If Malcolm leaves Tennant Creek with just one thing let’s hope it’s scabies.

I never heard from the authorities after that.

If you ever get around to writing your memoirs, I’ll have a signed copy, thank you.

130. Frank

Was the submission in crayon, like Zoe Daniels’ kids?

Sarah is more the unfurling of crayon pictures done by Manus Island kids at press conferences. The kids from Iran that know how to use the possessive apostrophe correctly at 5 years of age and seem to have a firm grasp of the basics of art therapy as it applies to child psychology and PTSD. Heartbreaking it was. So much so it made her and Christine Milne burst into tears. Fraudulent pair of old slappers.

Concealed carry, stand your ground right and parking in a disabled car space come to an unfortunate conclusion:

132. MV, it is hinted that the ten percent gst scalp . . .

John, let’s say I buy $1,000.00 worth of minted, stamped, 99.9% gold bullion or coin. I take it home and melt it down and make jewelry out of it. I take it back to the gold dealer and sell it. To cover the alleged 10% GST (whether declared, claimed, or whatever) I have to be able to sell the “scrap” gold for 90% of the stamped, minted bullion price I paid, just to break even.

Try it sometime.

133. John Constantine

If their fainefilth can help and save a camp stray dog by adopting it, why not symbolically have the turnbullites first dog of Australia be a camp rescue stray?.

What happened to redfilth gillards poodle anyway?. Isn’t a dog for life, not just an election?.

The vegans won’t go after the wastage on this one.

Clapper apparently said this about obuma:

Clapper said

If it weren’t for President Obama we might not have done the intelligence community assessment that we did that set up a whole sequence of events which are still unfolding today including Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation. President Obama is responsible for that. It was he who tasked us to do that intelligence community assessment in the first place.

Christine Milne was campaigning in Western Australia for the Greens a few years ago. She gave an interview on A.B.C. regional radio, saying that she understood the problems agriculture in Western Australia was facing, as she’d grown up on a dairy farm in Tasmania. Some irreverent soul, pointing out the difference between a broad acre wheat farm in Western Australia, and a dairy farm in Tasmania, had the plug pulled on him..

136. Oh come on

I look forward to m0nty! going into bat for the mullahs of Iran.

Time for some Sweeney.

138. Oh come on

Iran’s top brass apparently gets its intel on the US from Infowars:

“The enemy’s behavior is unpredictable,” Tasnim quoted military chief of staff General Mohammad Baqeri as saying.

“Although the current American government does not seem to speak of a military threat, according to precise information it has been trying to persuade the U.S. military to launch a military invasion (of Iran)”

Um yeah that’s how the chain of command goes. Just ask Alex Jones.

(Link via Drudge)

JC, I have to agree with you, it does get rather boring, tedious but most annoyingly quite banal.

Stabbed to death for protecting her upset friend: How a brave teenage girl was killed after asking a ‘gang of aggressive African gatecrashers’ to leave a girls’ night birthday party

Daily Mail, running with the story of THAT murder in Melbourne.

Tim Minchin to star in a new Aussie road trip movie

Mascara?

Snark.
    Daniels may have been ‘plural’, Septimus.

143. None

One of SHY’s own staffers once pointed out that her daughter was an arrogant little s*** much like her mother. She may have outgrown that spoilt brat stage or more likely, like most Greens kids, has just learnt the art of manipulation early in life. So playing the kid card is a bit meaningless especially if SHY ( who took her daughter to ballet lessons and taxpayer-funded whale watching) hasn’t taught her daughter anal sex but she expects all the our kids to forcibly learn at school.

144. Makka

I thought mUnty had gona all quiet on this. According to mOron, Butina a name we should remember as we’ll be hearing lots more about her. She’s the spy busted infiltrating the NRA. Ooooer.

Yes indeed. The setup arranged under Obama’s watch has been blown. Another own goal for the leftards;

Maria Butina was meeting with Obama Treasury officials while she was spying on the NRA and conservatives.

Accused Russian agent Maria Butina had wider high-level contacts in Washington than previously known, taking part in 2015 meetings between a visiting Russian official and two senior officials at the U.S. Federal Reserve and Treasury Department.

Butina travelled to the United States in April 2015 with Alexander Torshin, then the Russian Central Bank deputy governor, and they took part in separate meetings with Fischer and Sheets to discuss U.S.-Russian economic relations during Democratic former President Barack Obama’s administration.

The two meetings, which have not been previously reported, reveal a wider circle of high-powered connections that Butina sought to cultivate with American political leaders and special interest groups.

145. Stimpson J. Cat

Sarah Silverman
    @SarahKSilverman
    Hey, is it considered molestation if the child makes the first move? I’m gonna need a quick answer on this.
    1:34 PM · Jul 7, 2009

A “reliable source”, closely involved in the great “Whale watching scandal” – where the Australian taxpayer paid for the good Senator and her child to go whale watching, in South Australia confirms that.

147. Steve trickler

It’s been a while since hearing her voice.

Top Ender
    #2770844, posted on July 23, 2018 at 11:22 pm

Hmmmm:

“In no way do we condone the illegal use of these tracks, or damage to Aboriginal cultural heritage.”

It’s not clear from the article, what else they did. Riding on an already existing track could hardly damage anything, unless it was built on artifacts in the first place.

Also if you can walk in there, instead of driving, one can still do a lot of damage, or is the area completely closed off? Not clear.

149. Makka

Sarah Silverman
    @SarahKSilverman

No wonder Silverman was such a big hit at the Dem Convention.

Long time since I heard this one, as well.

151. Cactus

So this Gunn guy and getting fired for filth.

1) sure he is and has been part of the pile on squad and so there is a karma here.

2) i havent read in particular what he said, dont really care if he made crass jokes in bad taste even if they were not funny.

3) do care deeply if he is involved in nefarious stuff with kids. Im not aure that is alleged. I think he was just making jokes.

4) hate hate hate the pile on, fire someone mentality. I beleive in freedom of apeech. However distasteful. I am not condoning anything. Stop this firing people stuff.

And at theend of this refer back to part 1)

152. Thanks, Zulu.
    One of the truly great voices of the twentieth century.
    I’ve still got the original vinyl LP – “Candles in the Rain”.

Now it’s goodnight from me, and goodnight from him.
    Big day tomorrow, physio, rehab, gym, and shopping.

153. Steve trickler

First to for me, Zulu. I think?

Cheers for that.

154. mh

Trump’s approval rating reaches record high in poll, powered by Republican support

President Trump’s approval rating reached an all-time high this month buoyed by strong support from Republicans.

His approval mark rose to 45 percent in a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll published Sunday, up 1 percent above what he got in June.

That number is powered by support from 88 percent of Republican voters.

155. First to for me, Zulu. I think?

You’re kidding.
    Candles in the Rain

The plastic bag ban has now killed somebody …
    Mother is run over by her own car in front of her daughter as she checked if she had packed her own reusable plastic bags in the boot ahead of a grocery shop.

A mother has died in front of her daughter after her car rolled backwards as she checked to see if her grocery bags were in the boot.

Her daughter, 32, had been driving to the shops in Castle Hill, in Sydney’s north-west, when the pair pulled over in a sloping street near an intersection at 3.30pm on Sunday.

Tragically, the mother was struck by the car in front of her daughter and brought to the ground, suffering critical head injuries.

First to for me, Zulu. I think?

You’re kidding.

You keep your head and look after yourself, Some of us respect the stand you took.

158. Makka

You need to read what he tweeted cactus. The sack is far too good for him. He should be behind bars.The deviant deleted 10k tweets. He is one very sick leftard fk.

159. Steve trickler

memoryvault
    #2770855, posted on July 23, 2018 at 11:56 pm
    First to for me, Zulu. I think?

You’re kidding.
    Candles in the Rain

Melanie Safka? Yeah, i was a virgin. Until just now.

160. BorisG

I often come to cat to get a breath of fresh air when I get fed up with PC of MSM. But after a few minutes I pinch myself ‘gosh thanks god, for good or bad these people represent a tiny minority and are unlikely to have any influence in Australian politics.’

Good night !

161. Makka

Good night !

I think it was Trump’s great poll numbers.

162. Steve trickler

What a monster of a storm. 8 dead, 4 were storm chasers.

DT going at Amazon.com /Washington Post.

Hollywood into Gunn control mode.

BorisG
    #2770861, posted on July 24, 2018 at 12:10 am

What do you think about this operation?

I really know very little about them, only what I read about the chemical attacks.
    It was alleged that it was mostly made up by them?

The article states that they only worked in rebel/jihadist area therefore they were a partizan force.
    This rescue operation merely proves it.

166. zyconoclast

LESBIANS DEMAND ‘L’ BE REMOVED FROM LGBT
    Battle transgenders, insist biology makes big difference after all.

An organization for lesbians has launched a formal online blast at LGBT activists for calling them “transphobes” and they want the LGBT coalition to drop the “L.”

The lesbians argue they are women attracted to women and there’s no room for men who claim they are women.

Biology does make a difference, a big difference, they insist, and it’s not enough to simply “identify” as being of a particular gender.

The argument appeared in a letter the Lesbian Rights Alliance in the United Kingdom recently posted online that was directed toward Stonewall, the U.K. organization that campaigns for LGBT causes.

“Stonewall does not recognize or represent the many young women who reject conventional feminine stereotypes in appearance and sex roles, and who become lesbians at puberty,” the letter charged.

“Instead, you support the trans argument that many gender non-conforming lesbians must really be men, born with ‘male brains’ in the ‘wrong body.’”

The organization is demanding Stonewall stop claiming to represent lesbians, ordering the group to “Remove the L from LGBT.”

The activists explained, “Lesbians are biological women who are sexually attracted to, and have sexual and emotional relationships with other biological women, only.”

They continued: “Being a lesbian is primarily about sexuality; it is a same-sex attraction. Stonewall no longer accepts this basic, socially accepted definition of lesbians. In fact it defines homosexuality as ‘attraction to the same gender,’ not biological sex.

“As a consequence you support the absurd idea that male-bodied persons can be lesbians, and you demand that they be accepted as such by actual lesbians. If we refuse to accept these men as lesbians you label us transphobes and ‘TERFs’ unleashing a torrent of hate speech upon us from your supporters.”

“TERF” is a transgender term for “trans-exclusionary radical feminist,” which many feminists and lesbians consider a slur or even “hate-speech.”

The Christian Institute, a U.K.-based organization advocating for traditional marriage, points out the arguments are over Stonewall defining homosexuality as being based on gender “as opposed to sex.”

At a London “Pride” event earlier this month, activists held banners such as “lesbian = female homosexual.”

Their message, bluntly put: Men who think they are women are not really women.

LGBT organizations accused the lesbians of bigotry and ignorance.

Reported the Institute: “In recent days the government has launched a 16-week consultation on the Gender Recognition Act which could see safeguards for legally changing sex removed. Currently, it is necessary to have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria, and to have lived as if a member of the opposite sex for two years.

“But Theresa May has indicated her support for ‘self-declaration’ – where a man can legally change sex simply by saying he is a woman, and vice versa.”

The lesbian alliance accused Stonewall of “imposing compulsory heterosexuality on lesbians” by arguing that men who think they are women are actually women.

“In your support for trans ideology you are literally erasing young lesbians, telling them they must mutilate their own female bodies to impersonate men and appear to be heterosexual. In 2016-17 female adolescents comprised over 60 percent of young people seeking to transition at the gender identity development clinics, the majority of whom are attracted to their own sex,” the lesbian group said.

LGBTQNation reported how LGBT activists they describe as “anti-transgender” literally took over the “Pride” parade recently in London.

“A group of eight women blocked the parade and then marched in front of it,” the activists reported.

The women shouted, among other things, “A man who says he’s a lesbian is a rapist.”

Later, Pride in London organizers said, “Yesterday a group of individuals labelled as ‘Get The L Out!,’ who were not a registered parade group, forced their way to the front of the parade to stand on the rainbow flag. Their behavior was shocking and disgusting, and we condemn it completely.”

An analysis in PJMedia summed up the events this way: “We told you it would happen, and it finally has. Conservatives long predicted that feminism and transgenderism were ultimately incompatible, but for a long time it seemed like the LGBT movement might just hold them together. Well, on Saturday that movement burst open, as lesbians led the parade in attacking transgenderism.”

The Economist recently published a commentary titled “The gender-identity movement undermines lesbians,” in which performance artist Pippa Fleming explains why lesbians are concerned over their identity:

“There’s an African proverb that states: ‘If you don’t know where you come from, how do you know where you are going?’ Some of the most powerful black people known for their political analysis, social commentary, activism and legacy during the civil-rights, gay-rights and feminist movements were black lesbians. Oops! Did I just say ‘lesbian’, that dirty seven-letter word that has the GBTQI community scrambling to apologize for or afraid to associate itself with? Lesbianism is as ancient as the cosmos, yet it is a threat to patriarchy because it does not centre [on] males, nor does it seek male wisdom, power or validation. Instead of finding solace within our community against the threat of misogyny and homophobia, lesbian identity is being written out.”

She explained, “In this current wave of ‘free to me’ gender politics, any man with a penis can claim to be a female and expect entrance into female-segregated spaces, such as locker rooms, sports teams or colleges, without question. But don’t twist it; the generosity does not flow in both directions. Just ask the women who crashed the party at the male lido in Hampstead Heath in London in May: they were promptly escorted out by the police. Lesbian identity is now being dubbed as exclusionary or transphobic. You’re damn right it’s exclusive: lesbians have a right to say no to the phallus, no matter how it’s concealed or revealed.”

Warning that “Lesbian identity is now being dubbed as exclusionary or transphobic,” she added, “The gender-identity movement’s attempt to rebrand the lesbian as queer, and the pronouncement that ‘anyone can be a lesbian,’ are nothing short of erasure.”

167. zyconoclast

LESBIANS DEMAND ‘L’ BE REMOVED FROM LGBT
    Battle transgenders, insist biology makes big difference after all

[Funny stuff. RTWT]

168. zyconoclast

Supergirl to feature TV’s first transgender superhero
    Nicole Maines, who is trans herself, will play Nia Nal in the DC Comics adaption when it returns to Sky One for its fourth season.

169. I’m thinking of a large Scotch, and the last series of “Foyles War.” I didn’t realize that the character of Foyle was named after Foyles bookshop, in London, and I’ve been dragged out of there more then once.

Michael Kitchen makes that show.
    Alas he plays the same role in every movie he’s in. It is sort of like watching Foyle in a multitude of different roles.
    My favourite is him in James Bond. He stands out now you watch them again, coz it is “Foyle”.
    The weirdest is him as the gangster baddie Mr. Big type in the pilot episode of “Pie in the Sky” (the pommy crime/restaurant drama series)

Larry Pickering’s latest ‘toon is a self-portrait that goes with this.

Patrick Blower (UK freelance) on the Brexit farce and the London summer.

172. Tintarella di Luna

Thank you Tom, the Ben Garrison Hillary Shower – how much dirt is there?

Tom #2770897: Ben Garrison.

That’s just nasty.

Tom #2770890: Michael Ramirez #1.

See now that’s actually funny.

Mike Lester for me! Trump has won yet another media cycle with a single tweet:

‘UNIMPRESSED’: World reacts to Donald Trump’s furious Twitter rant at Iran

Anti 2A kiddie David Hogg actually has a sense of humour under all the sanctimony.
    Who knew?

Daily Mail, running with the story of THAT murder in Melbourne.

Have they announced when the candlelight vigil will be held?

176. Snoopy

Hottest evah! in Japan.

Ramirez 1 for me. Oooh, those naughty Russians in their dinner plate hats.

Keith Sutor and Kochie on Seven predicting WWIII this morning because shouty tweets. Sutor giggling about it.

Impossible to take these numpties seriously.

Payne is good too. Like the desperate belly biter.

179. johanna

TheirABC is always thrilled about stories about electric vehicles, even when they are a safety hazard:

A growing group of electric vehicle enthusiasts are bypassing manufacturers and converting their own petrol-fuelled cars to run as electric.

Media player: “Space” to play, “M” to mute, “left” and “right” to seek.
    Audio: DIY electric cars (ABC News)

According to the Australian Electric Vehicle Association (AEVA), there are at least 300 home-built electric vehicles around the country, with interest growing rapidly.

It said the cars were a cheaper alternative to buying an electric car outright and did not require specialised expertise to convert.

But an engineering expert has warned there are significant safety risks in fitting batteries into cars — with potentially fatal consequences — and it should be attempted only by people with appropriate expertise.

Darwin Awards coming up!

But, why TheirABC should regard this as worthy of national interest …

Mike Lester cartoon at 4:16.
    Looks like mOnty second from the left getting history wrong again.

181. johanna

My latest comment, about electric vehicles, is in moderation.

WTF?

182. Rockdoctor

John Constatine at 8:07pm

Interesting to see how this was handled and the outcry. However be the Premiers wife hitting a cyclist (something that triggers a mandatory breath test) no such test was done and it was swept under a carpet till the boys family started causing a ruckus…

Up there with “headless body in topless bar”:

Stormy Daniels’ husband files for divorce, cites adultery

Stormy’s daughter remains her number one priority. She kindly asks for privacy for the sake of her family,” he wrote on Twitter.

Oh, my sides! These people.

Great cartoons Tom but for me stormy wins.

The left have no self awareness. I used to think they were children but that does a disservice to children, even the spoilt ones.

186. pete m

larry’s post was quite funny. Especially the last bit – love a good rant.

New York Daily News – which went all-in against Twump as a business strategy – now broke, fires editor and HALF of its staff. LOL.

Howse, Sir Neville Reginald (1863–1930)
    by A. J. Hill

On 17 January 1900 he was commissioned lieutenant in the New South Wales Medical Corps and sailed with the 2nd Contingent for South Africa. While with a mounted infantry brigade in the Orange Free State during the action of Vredefort on 24 July, Howse ‘went out under a heavy crossfire and picked up a wounded man and carried him to a place of shelter’. For this action he was awarded the Victoria Cross on 4 June 1901. Howse had been promoted captain in October 1900. Later he was captured by the Boers but released as a non-combatant. After returning to Australia, he went back to South Africa as an honorary major in the Australian Army Medical Corps in February 1902, just as the war ended.

New York Times claims leftist men also menstruate:

The average woman has her period for 2,535 days of her life. That’s nearly seven years’ time of making sure you have a pad or tampon, finding a makeshift solution if you don’t, and managing pain and discomfort.

And lately, women — and transgender and nonbinary people who menstruate — are talking about it in public more than ever before.

It’s Not Just the Tampon Tax: Why Periods Are Political.

190. Herodotus

The staff of that paper are really in a New York state of mind now. Link is to Billy Joel.

191. Carpe Jugulum

Toronto shooter named- Faisal Hussain

Damn Amish again

192. johanna

It seems that blokes here can comment endlessly about the physical attributes of women, but the reverse attracts fury and rage.

Blokes (including the ever charming JC) constantly comment on the physical attributes of women. JC has called me ugly and fat and unattractive numerous times (having never met me.)

Losers, if you imagine that I will be intimidated by you, forget it and go hug your teddies.

My goodness, between a screen jockey who is furious that a takeaway overcharged hin 83 cents, and a loudmouth who spent our 40 minutes together after nobody else turned up to the Canberra Cats in a monologue, rant, me, me me, – you are a saddo.

193. lotocoti

Looks like the Free State (snork) is building up to another Limerick pogrom.

194. Spider

I was really sitting on the fence regarding the MyHealth system balancing the benefits of your doctor having full access to your health record versus privacy concerns.

Now we find out the data will be shared with third party app developers.

WTF

Haven’t we learnt anything from the Facebook fiasco. I’d like to know more about why this data will be shared and who it will go to.

195. Some History

For anyone interested.

Volume up.

80s classic.

One Day I’ll Fly Away (1980) – Randy Crawford

Toronto shooter named- Faisal Hussain

Damn Amish again

His name should be ground into the forehead of the hermaphrodite which runs the place.

197. Senile Old Guy

Hmmmm… Via Bolt:

Ontario’s police watchdog has identified the man responsible for a shooting rampage in Toronto’s Greektown as Faisal Hussain… Two people were killed and 13 others injured.

In Germany:

Ten people were injured in an assault by a man wielding a knife on a bus… The suspect [is] a 34-year-old German national born in Iran.

Any minute now, police will determine the motive…any minute now…

198. mh

Newly-arrived migrants will soon learn how to have sex with Swedish blondes thanks to a new government-funded program.

The migrants will learn new techniques from Youmo.se, a web site translated in Arabic, Somali, Dari, Tigrinian, Swedish and English which is funded in part by the government’s five-million-crown investment into migrant sex courses…

2.5 Billion Pounds of Meat Piles Up in U.S. as Production Grows …
    1 day ago – Growing meat stockpiles may bring down prices for meat-hungry U.S. consumers, along with restaurants and retailers. But slowing overseas …

200. Snoopy

Any minute now, police will determine the motive…any minute now…

Mental illness triggered by Islamophobia.

201. mh

PICTURED: Hillary and Bill’s intimate dinner with Harvey Weinstein weeks after her election loss – showing just how close the Clintons were to the ‘serial rapist’ movie mogul

202. mh

PICTURED: Hillary and Bill’s intimate dinner with Harvey Weinstein weeks after her election loss – showing just how close the Clintons were to the ‘serial r$#@&t’ movie mogul

What type of sicko individual targets a toddler with acid. Deliberately.

That there was more than one is inconceivable. Broadmoor for life. Forget assessments from the shrinks.

Crane danger continues as more winds set to lash Melbourne
    Genevieve Alison, Ryan Tennison, Herald Sun
    17 minutes ago

A CRANE in danger of collapse is still causing havoc in Richmond after wild weather flipped it backwards last night, with more damaging winds set to batter the state today.

Gusts of up to 90km/h are expected to lash the state today with winds to pick up from noon.

The worst of the conditions is expected to hit the city area mid-afternoon.

“It’s not going to be as bad as yesterday hopefully but there will be more winds picking up from this afternoon and showers into the evening,” Bureau of Meteorology forecaster Steven King said.

Last night’s wild weather buckled a crane at the corner of Bridge Rd and Lennox St, forcing emergency services to evacuate more than 300 people from their homes in the middle of the night.

The Metropolitan Fire Brigade was called in after the crane arm — about 40m above the street — was bent by wild gusts.

Crane company owner Michael Clark said it appeared the equipment had been left in the wrong position.

“It seems to me the job of the crane hasn’t been left in the correct upright position,” Mr Clark told 3AW.

205. min

Julie Bishop is on the downward path .TV news shows her in a suit with a dreadful pattern and the back of hair sticking up . Evidently did not look in mirror .

Teen arrested after Laa Chol fatally stabbed at girls’ night in Melbourne city apartment
    Cassie Zervos, Herald Sun
    July 24, 2018 6:38am

A TEENAGER was fatally stabbed after stepping in to protect her upset friend when a gang of teens gatecrashed a “girls’ night” birthday celebrations in a CBD apartment at the weekend.

Police arrested a 17-year-old boy yesterday afternoon and he was last night charged with murder after being interviewed by detectives from the homicide squad.

Laa Chol, 19, was celebrating a friend’s 20th birthday on Saturday when a group of young men allegedly gatecrashed the party at the EQ Tower on A’Beckett St about 5am.

The group, believed to be made up of up to 20 Africans and caucasians, then fled the scene before police arrived.

The Herald Sun has been told one gang member allegedly pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed Ms Chol after she told the group to leave.

Esta Quirino was at the apartment earlier in the evening and revealed her friends were having a “girls’ night” celebrating before the chaos began.

“There was a group of about seven or eight of us there for a friend’s birthday party,” she said

“It was supposed to be a really fun weekend just with the girls.”

The 20-year-old explained how a “gang” of “aggressive” males turned up uninvited and allegedly started to cause trouble.

“They were just too much and too powerful,” she said.

Anti-youth crime laws to ban convicted teens from mixing with known gang members
    James Dowling, Herald Sun
    July 23, 2018 9:41pm

EXCLUSIVE: Convicted juvenile criminals as young as 14 are to be barred from mixing with known gang members under a crackdown on youth crime.

The Andrews Government, under increasing pressure to deal with Victoria’s youth gangs crisis, is to expand bikie-busting anti-association laws to apply to teenage thugs who commit home invasions, armed robberies, carjackings, and other violent crimes.

Under the legislation, which is to be introduced in parliament on Tuesday, police officers of the rank of sergeant or above would be able to issue unlawful association notices to people as young as 14 who have a conviction for a serious crime.

208. johanna

Oh, and delighted to see references to Gussie Fink-Nottle above.

His speech to the local Grammar School is possibly the pinnacle of P G Wodehouse. Here was a man whose ties to newts were above question. Alas that he was, unusually for him, on that occasion, also fissed as a part.

Bertie’s Aunt Dahlia, whose cries ruled her local hunting crowd, said that she hadn’t enjoyed anything so much in years.

There is not enough Wodehouse and too much people celebrating their own poo in the Yarts today.

BTW, I notice that Barry Humphries is now in the firing line, it was only a matter of time. Apparently he is not 100% in line with this week’s transgenderism line.

In retaliation, he says that he is thinking of reviving Sir Les Patterson, with a Trump Bias.

Rock on!

Maybe she needs some advice from her colleague, the Honourable Member for VO5.

🙂

210. John Constantine

This is what our elites are hellbent on fundamentally and irreversibly transforming Australia into, any lie that progresses their cause is our Strength.

“Sydney is more densely populated than Chicago, Seattle and Los Angeles but recent comparisons have painted the opposite picture by measuring Sydney the wrong way”

‘Tropical shift’ could mean fewer cyclones in region’s oceans
    JASON WALLS, NT News
    July 23, 2018 11:30pm

SEVERE storms like Tropical Cyclone Marcus which tore through Darwin in March may be becoming fewer in frequency in the region’s oceans due to the “poleward shift” of the Earth’s tropics.

New research to be published in scientific journal Nature Climate Change today, shows the number of tropical cyclones forming along Darwin’s line of latitude has been decreasing during the past 35 years.

Study co-author and University of Melbourne tropical meteorology expert professor Kevin Walsh said the southward movement of the tropics was dragging high pressure systems over Top End deserts southward, which affected the likelihood of cyclones forming.

But Professor Walsh said it was unclear from the research whether or not the number of cyclones to actually hit Darwin was also decreasing.

“The jury’s a little bit out on that at present, there’s certainly indications that that’s been occurring over the past 35 years based upon the analysis that we’re seeing here but having said that there’s a fair amount of variability by location,” he said.

“We didn’t actually look at specific locations, we’re looking at huge areas of the ocean because were trying to figure out the relationship with the very big atmospheric changes the very big ocean changes.

“What we can say is that over the larger region which is associated with large atmospheric circulations they have been decreasing in the southern hemisphere region closer to the equator.”

Prof Walsh said according to the research, the trend of the past 35 years which saw fewer cyclones forming was likely to continue.

“That’s our hypothesis because that’s kind of what the climate models are predicting for the 21st century,” he said.

But Prof Walsh said it was still too early to say whether climate change was the driving force behind the changes.

“Whether this is actually caused by climate change is a bit hard to say because the climate models at present are not projecting enough of a shift in the tropics to say whether this is caused by climate change or not,” he said.

Cyclone Marcus was the most destructive tropical storm to hit Darwin since Tracy in 1974.

Struggling Territorians refusing treatment from paramedics because of ‘high cost of ambulances’
    LAUREN ROBERTS, NT News
    July 23, 2018 11:29pm

STRUGGLING Territorians are refusing treatment from paramedics because of the high cost of ambulances, ­according to NT paramedics.

One St John Ambulance NT worker, who asked not to be named, said $790 for a code-one call-out was too much for many struggling Territorians.

“People have said no because they’re not covered (by insurance), and we have to respect that,” he said.

“Unless they are in obvious danger – we can’t kidnap people.”

Another paramedic said he often had to “negotiate” with patients about costs.

“I’ve had patients where the ambulance has been called the same time as the police,” he said. “You have to negotiate with them. Close off the case so the person isn’t charged and then follow the police car with them in it to the hospital.”

St John NT charges $790 for a life-threatening call-out and an extra $5.10 for every kilometre over 10km.

For a non-life threatening call-out, it’s $360, with an extra $5.10 charge for every kilometre over 10km.

Darwin freezes through coldest night this Dry with 15.3C recorded at Darwin airport
    NT News
    July 23, 2018 4:49pm

DARWIN has had its coldest night so far this Dry season, with 15.3C recorded at the Darwin Airport on Sunday night.

The rural area dropped into single figures with 9.4C recorded at Middle Point, the second time for the month.

That was the coldest temperature in Darwin since 14.8C was recorded overnight on August 6, 2016.

Cold temperatures were also felt across other areas, with Daly Waters shivering through a positively freezing morning of 2.3C and Tindal RAAF dropping to a teeth-chattering 6.6C.

BOM NT meteorologist Chris Kent said the cold morning was a result of very dry and calm conditions but that things were going to warm up for the rest of the week.

New law could see Territorians sued for debts that don’t exist
    JASON WALLS, NT News
    July 19, 2018 1:51pm

PROPOSED changes to civil dispute laws would allow Territorians to be sued without their knowledge for debts that don’t exist, legal bodies have warned.

The Law Society NT, Darwin Community Legal Service and the Northern Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency have all lodged objections to the proposed amendments to the NT Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act which they say are not in the interests of justice.

The legal bodies say the changes would mean NTCAT could award default judgments based purely on a lack of engagement from respondents without actually proceeding to a hearing as required under current laws.

LSNT president Maria Savvas said that would effectively mean Territorians could sue each other without any proof a debt actually existed or that the supposed debtor was even aware they were being sued.

“The concern we have about something like this is firstly they don’t really need to provide evidence that the document has actually been served on the respondent so how do you even know you’re being sued?” she said.

“And secondly, there’s no requirement under the bill that’s currently being proposed that the applicant has to provide any proof that the debt is actually owed.”

Ms Savvas said when the respondent was then made aware of the decision — which may not be until a debt collector comes knocking — their only recourse would be to file a fresh application to re-open proceedings.

By that time, the tribunal’s ruling on the phantom debt could already have had unintended consequences, including impacting negatively on the respondent’s credit rating.

“Basically what it does is that is pushes the onus or the responsibility back on to the respondent,” she said.

215. John Constantine

“Dr Michael Grosvenor, an urban planning expert at the University of Southern Queensland, said he is sick of bad data being used to compare cities.

“If I see another global city comparison showing LA and Phoenix as being more population dense than European or Australian cities I’ll scream,” Dr Grosvenor said. “This type of statistical reporting has been going on for years [but] the Sydney region boundaries include national parks and large tracts of open space, whereas North American cities do not.”

Developers of vertical battery cage consumption machine factories, built to stack’em tight and high, tell the occupants not to care that there is no living room or backyard or playroom.

Just use the Taxfunded park and open space down the street, the developer gets to basically sell the amity of the legacy open spaces to add value to his dog boxes.

Tragedy of the commons yet again.

Comrades.

216. woolfe

MH

Evidently did not look in mirror .

Julie has no reflection

217. John Constantine

Tamworth lambs hit 292 dollars a head yesterday.

Their turnbullites central planning of the water of the murray darling basin foodbowl from canberra is as successful as any godless commo central planning of agriculture anywhere.

Now they double down by spending billions to grab central control of the snowy river for Canberra.

Purge the Kulaks.

Comrades.

218. Zyconoclast

Three teenage girls arrested after allegedly ramming stolen ute into police cars

Police said the alleged driver, a 15-year-old girl from Queenstown, was arrested and charged with several offences, including aggravated assault, driving to evade police, illegal use, acts to endanger life and property damage.

Two other girls — aged 15 and 14 — also from Queenstown, have been charged with aggravated assault, illegal use of a motor vehicle and breach of bail.

Tamworth lambs hit 292 dollars a head yesterday.

Barn laughing all the way to the bank.
    /Sebastian’s future fund.

220. Wow. Just watched that video of birds flying at Mont Saint-Michel. What a treat. And the look on their faces. A double rainbow moment.

1 2 3 4