Open Forum: August 4, 2018

1,217 Responses to Open Forum: August 4, 2018

1 3 4 5
  1. DrBeauGan

You aren’t a J*wDon’t pretend to understand what my family suffered.

You are not a friend of Israel.

Free speech? If you were an advocate, you would not encourage anti-Semitism.

Yes, and I’m a man so I’m not allowed to be rude to women. Even when they write hysterical tosh like yours.

See Death Giraffe’s latest comment.

2. Elle

He hasn’t.
    In fact he is attempting to communicate his repugnance for it while upholding the important principle of free speech

Speech is free. Hate is free. Denial is what this whole conversation has been about. Denial of the Holocaust.

3. Death Giraffe

I’m done with this conversation.

4. P

The upcoming Round Table forum will be – “The Death of Free Speech“.

This will be held in the Macquarie Room at NSW Parliament House, Macquarie Street, Sydney on Wednesday August 8th at 6pm for a 6.30pm start.
    Donations are welcome (suggested donation $10 on the night). Please book early.

Speakers include:
    The Hon. Peter Phelps M.L.C – Parliament of New South Wales
    Simon Brehemy – Director of Policy Institute of Public Affairs
    Dr. Ted Sadler – Writer, Philosopher and Translator
    Zoe Rodriguez – Vice President Sydney PEN

5. notafan

Well said commenter formerly known as Arky

The position that the opinion of a person who personally know or are related to someone who had a particular experience is the only person qualified to hold an opinion sucks.

6. Death Giraffe

Support of free speech is not support for the content of that speech.
    Or agreement with it.
    Or anything like that.
    It does not even equate to toleration of the content.
    You can support free spedch while fiercely fighting against the content thereof.
    Stop conflating these things.

7. Elle

Hysterical tosh?

Cheers.

8. DrBeauGan

Which is, as I have patiently explained, loony. But should not be a crime.

You have given no argument for denial being a crime, you have merely declared that you feel strongly about it. As I have also explained, so do I. You seem to think not having j*wish relatives disqualifies my opinion. A similar position is taken by lefty feminists.

9. Boambee John

Confused Old Misfit
    #2781716, posted on August 5, 2018 at 9:45 pm
    Americans liberated Dachau and 3 others.

US soldiers at one of the liberated camps were so horrified they lined up a largish number of guards and shot them on the spot.

Legal types in Eisenhower’s HQ instigated a “war crimes” investigation, not of the camp, but of the shootings. Patton commanded the forces involved, and “lost” the report of the investigation.

10. Stimpson J. Cat

Hang on.
    So J$ws on Catallaxy get to use the word J$w properly in posts
    (#2781706, posted on August 5, 2018 at 9:41 pm)
    yet non-J$ws have to use ridiculous symbols instead?
    This is blatant word discrimination.
    Outrageous.
    It’s almost like there are different rules for different people.
    😁

11. jupes

Elle, please stop beclowning yourself.

The Holocaust is real. People who deny it are fuckwits and idiots.

Believing that they should be allowed to say so does not mean you agree with them.

12. DrBeauGan

Boambee John
    #2781731, posted on August 5, 2018 at 10:06 pm
    Confused Old Misfit
    #2781716, posted on August 5, 2018 at 9:45 pm
    Americans liberated Dachau and 3 others.

Good for Patton. If I’d been at the scene of the doco I saw, I’d have thought shooting the guards was the only way to feel clean again.

13. Confused Old Misfit

With my enthusiastic approval!

14. Elle

A similar position is taken by lefty feminists.

You have been telling me how to feel and think. Maybe I am a dumb leftist.

15. DrBeauGan

notafan
    #2781727, posted on August 5, 2018 at 10:02 pm
    Well said commenter formerly known as Arky

Haven’t seen you for yonks, Notafan. Good to see you back, I enjoyed our arguments. Hope your trouble cleared up.

16. Death Giraffe

The mind recoils from those concentration camp details.
    That Josef Mengele fellow.
    I hope he screams in everlasting torture.

There was an article in a military history magazine a few years ago, about the whole controversy – the number of German guards shot was around forty.

18. Elle

Elle, please stop beclowning yourself.

Didn’t know I was.

Think I’m on the wrong blog.

19. DrBeauGan

You have been telling me how to feel and think. Maybe I am a dumb leftist.

I don’t think things are that bad, Elle. And I haven’t been telling you how to feel or think beyond advising you not to get hysterical. It leads to massive confusion, as others have pointed out.

20. Stimpson J. Cat

Think I’m on the wrong blog.

No you aren’t.
    You are just very sensitive because you are a woman.
    I understand this all too well,
    because people often say to me,
    “Stimpy, you are very sensitive, just like a woman. ”

And I always reply,
    “Yes I know, it’s crazy isn’t it,
    I am very in touch with my feminine side, Namaste. “

21. Elle

I’m sorry. My mum passed away recently after much suffering. I shouldn’t be commenting.

22. mh

This is an interesting short article where the author interviews one of the first liberators of Belsen.

The gate of Hell

(URL says Poland, but not Poland of course)

23. Bruce in WA

I thought it was Dé’ath …

Sorry to hear that Elle. It’s hard dealing with that. The pain lessons but the memory doesn’t, so that’s good.

25. Stimpson J. Cat

My condolences Elle.

26. DrBeauGan

mh
    #2781745, posted on August 5, 2018 at 10:33 pm

The gate of Hell

That was very much what I got from the doco I saw as a child, mh. The gate of Hell indeed.

I agree that anyone denying this is insane. And possibly evil. I don’t know how anyone could confine themselves to just punching a guard. He had more discipline than I could summon.

27. Cassie of Sydney

I wish you long life Elle. Stay strong, your posts are great.

28. Oh come on

It was not really a situation where Irving was in danger. I think it was a studio where Safran interviewed him, then Safran made an excuse to leave the room, locked the door then enacted his practical joke.

Do you have to be in danger to be deprived of your liberty?

Dunno. It does seem rather risky, though. I wouldn’t film myself committing what could be construed as a criminal act and then broadcast it.

I mean, if the whole joke hinges on someone being deprived of their liberty…anyway, Safran is still generally not about to occasionally irritate us with his ‘humour’.

Safran could be funny but he had a pretty terrible strike rate.

29. DrBeauGan

Elle
    #2781744, posted on August 5, 2018 at 10:31 pm

I’m sorry for trying to make a rational argument when you’re in pain, Elle. I wouldn’t have done it if I’d known. Take care of yourself.

30. Armadillo

How do you delete an icon on a ASUS laptop? Windows 10. Windows in an apt word. It’s about to get thrown out one.

31. Steve trickler

Elle.

Your Mum has left the Pale Blue Dot. She is now, out there.

All the best.

32. Armadillo

Mrs A reckons you guys have no idea.

33. Death Giraffe

Asus is an anagram of U ass.

34. Armadillo

Very helpful, Death dude.

Sympathy and condolences, Elle.

36. Death Giraffe

All the best Elle.
    My own mum has just come out of hospital and is unable to return home.
    We have had to put her into care.
    Horrible thing you have gone through.

37. Elle

Thank you to those who have commented. Not the place to air personal stuff. My father can’t part with mum’s ashes. He is in a very dark place. We’re yet to have a proper goodbye. That’s ok.

38. Tintarella di Luna

Deepest sympathy and sincere condolences Elle. Hard times when an anchor slip away.

39. .

Apparently, in the last few years, poachers have run amok in the US and Canada.

They’re targeting wild ginseng plants of all things.

40. Death Giraffe

Armadillo
    #2781757, posted on August 5, 2018 at 10:50 pm

Don’t you just drag it to the trash can icon?

41. Elle

Still listening to your clip, Steve – bliss 🙂
    Cheers.

42. Armadillo

Yes, you should be commenting.

43. .

You’ve got it in tablet view?

Once they got rid of Win 8, I went back to the traditional desktop.

8 was good. So much hate.

If you knew how to muck about with your own settings and config, 7 was good.

This is why I don’t like 10. You can’t fix problems yourself. “Send it back to us, we’ll help!” – yeah, with a bloody new drive etc, all memory wiped.

44. Oh come on

Hrm. Sorry to be a cynic, but…P is back. Remember P, who had a big old bellyache about his or her terminal vertigo, played the sympathy card through the table, collected the sympathy of the forum? Yeah well Elle is here too at the same time doing much the same thing. IIRC, a few days ago Elle threatened to stop commenting here and go back to lurking or whatever after some slight. Many rushed to implore Elle to stay. Elle stayed. Now we learn his/her Mum’s died recently.

Elle and P share a propensity for attention-seeking. It’s a very socky trait. Be wary.

45. Armadillo

Don’t you just drag it to the trash can icon?

It’s not the car you are attempting to salvage.

46. Oh come on

What is Elle’s history here?

47. mh

Oh come on
    #2781755, posted on August 5, 2018 at 10:46 pm

You can find the Safran interview on YouTube, including the ‘joke’. I went and looked just to make sure my memory wasn’t playing tricks.

48. Infidel Tiger

If you live long enough you will hear and see the media consider Omarosa from The Apprentice a serious political pundit.

Australian Defence Force guide bans soldiers from saying ‘him’ and ‘her’ to avoid LGBTI offence
    Jack Houghton & Miranda Devine, The Daily Telegraph
    August 5, 2018 6:20pm

The language guide written by the Australian Defence Force Academy began being distributed to officers in training last year as part of a politically correct push inside the military.

The document instructs soldiers to issue apologies if they use offending language and warned they be reported for “unacceptable behaviour” if the speech was deliberate.

“Use gender neutral language when referring to relationships or gender identities,” the guide says

“In the event you make a mistake, the best course of action is to apologise, listen to anything the member wishes to say in response and then move on with the conversation.

“All ADFA personnel need to appreciate that the deliberate use of non-inclusive language, exclusion and bullying due to gender diversity are some of the behaviours which can affect LGBTI members.”
    What trainee officers are learning in the military.

ADF officers were also told not to use “pronouns or language that does not match a person’s gender identity”.

“Misgendering can have a significant effect on transgender individuals as it is often an expression of a lack of understanding of acceptance of that person’s identity,” the guide says.

Defence sources say the guide is part of a politically correct push by Commandant Cheryl Pearce, who wrote in the document that the changes were required to work as a “military professional in the 21st century”

“Only pregnant women, and poofters, fold their arms on my base. It is patently obvious, to the meanest of intelligence’s, that you are not pregnant, so we shall endeavor to curb your disgusting and disgraceful tendencies. Three times around the parade ground DOUBLE! GO!”

Who do I sue?

50. Infidel Tiger

Hot tip for all folk. If the internet is making you upset – turn it off. Have a Bonox and a warm bath.

51. Armadillo

OK. Does anyone know how to bleach bit a computer, sans hammers?

52. Elle

‘Oh come on’, I have been around for years. Ask Piers Akerman, Tim Blair and Roger Franklin. I’m not ‘P’, whoever that is. I am fairly new here – more than a year or so, but have been a contributor to those I mentioned for a few years. mh knows me from Tim’s blog. Why do I have to prove myself?

53. DrBeauGan

Yeah, maybe, OCO. But I’ll give anyone the benefit of any doubt there is. Elle says this isn’t the place for the personal, and I feel the same way, but sometimes a person can be in terrible pain and it spills out. I can cut any amount of slack for that. OWG was drunk most nights because of physical pain, and grief is much worse.

Yes, I know, I’m a sucker sometimes, but I’d sooner be conned than dislike myself for being a callous arsehole. So I’ll assume Elle is genuine.

Besides, I like her avatar.

54. Infidel Tiger

I can’t tell if I am losing my vision as I get older or drinking too much.

Is there an app that can help me?

55. Tintarella di Luna

Sorry if this has been posted before but there was a very powerful discussion about freedom of speech here and then I read this and my blood pressure has gone up a notch or two — I know of Blair Cottrell but not much but he has very strongly held views and we should be allowed to hear them and make up our own minds about whether he’s a loon or not. Did anyone see the interview on Sky: I note Darren Davidson’s sly innuendo about Cottrell being a conservative figure for his extremist views… really the Australian has some utter leftist trash writing stuff that gets published.

Sky News Apologies for hosting former United Patriots leader Blair Cottrell
    Sky News Australia has apologised for hosting the former leader of far-right activist group United Patriots Front, Blair Cottrell.

The Victorian bodybuilder appeared today on Foxtel’s 24-hour news channel as a guest of former Northern Territory Chief Minister Adam Giles for a one-on-one studio interview.

Sky moved quickly to apologise amid an online backlash. Within hours of the appearance, Sky issued an apology via Twitter and deleted the video on its digital platforms.

Sky News director Greg Byrnes said: “It was wrong to have Blair Cottrell on Sky News Australia. His views do not reflect ours. The interview has been removed from repeat timeslots and online platforms.”

Sky News Australia

@SkyNewsAust
    – Greg Byrnes, News Director

9:44 PM – Aug 5, 2018
    309
    942 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    A spokeswoman for Sky News, which is owned by The Australian’s publisher News Corp, said: “Sky News management is currently investigating the circumstances around which Blair Cottrell appeared on the channel.”

Mr Cottrell is a conservative figure for his extremist views. He once called for schools to hang a picture of Adolf Hitler in every Australian classroom.

It comes after Sky announced a new channel on regional television network WIN will launch on September 2, accompanied by a new breakfast show hosted by Jaynie Seal.

56. mh

Yes, Elle is Elle is Elle.

If anyone is to blame here, it’s Stimpy. Agreed everyone?

57. Armadillo

The icon is a bit like a gravitar. Would Microsoft and Windows 10 be a factor here? Seems impossible to remove.

58. Armadillo

Besides, I like her avatar.

Who wouldn’t love a Cat gravitar? Now, help with the one on Mrs A’s computer. It needs to be euthanised.

59. Snoopy

Fuck off mh you totalitarian virtue whoring loon.

60. DrBeauGan

SkyNewsAust
    – Greg Byrnes, News Director

When will idiots like Greg Byrnes realise that we don’t want the views of sky news, we want the views of human beings. Blair Cottrell may be an idiot, and his views ignorant and stupid, but we’d prefer to form our own opinions, not have it forced on us.

I really loathe scum like Byrnes. He’s an arrogant arsehole.

61. Death Giraffe

The icon is a bit like a gravitar

Have you tried cleaning the screen?
    Maybe you sneezed on it.

62. Infidel Tiger

Watching Saturday Night Fever. Travolta has an amazing head of hair and is thin as a rake. The passage of time is amazing.

63. Nick

Lol, all too true, especially when it’s a conservative she’s trashing, the other negro, not so much.

64. Old School Conservative

Some Steven Seagal facts to clear up some confusion unthread, from someone who just watched both movies tonight:
    Under Siege – on board USS Missouri Casey Ryback (Mr S.S.) defeats the crazy but brilliant Tommy Lee Jones. Gary Busey is another baddie and displays his enormous acting talent. Erica Eleniak displays her enormous talents and jumps out of a cake.
    Under Siege 2 – on board a speeding train Casey Ryback (Mr S.S.) defeats the crazy but brilliant Eric Bogosian. A young Katherine Heigl acts up a storm as Casey’s niece.

Lots of close quarter hand to hand knife fighting. Seagal wins them all.

65. Nick

His views do not reflect ours.

FMD. All because of a few tweets, too.

66. Armadillo

I’ve never seen Stimpy, JC or IT say a bad word about anyone on this blog. It’s why I keep coming back, and recommend the Cat to my Christian friends. Now, about that “icon”. Any suggestions?

67. Death Giraffe

This is always a mistake.
    Now they know you repond to their hysterics.

68. Elle

Snoopy, you are nasty! Why?

69. Snoopy

I’ve never seen Stimpy, JC or IT say a bad word about anyone on this blog.

All I did was post a recipe for roast Armadillo.

I’ve never seen Stimpy, JC or IT say a bad word about anyone on this blog.

Not JC, never no!

71. Infidel Tiger

It baffles me that Travolta now has receding hair and a big bald spot.

How does a young man with that mane of hair go bald?

There is so much about the universe that is unfathomable.

72. DrBeauGan

Armadillo
    #2781789, posted on August 5, 2018 at 11:31 pm
    Besides, I like her avatar.

Sorry, ‘dllo, I’m a Linux man. Anyone who uses windows deserves all they get in my view.

73. Snoopy

I didn’t say anything nasty to you, Elle. Despite your abuse.

74. Steve trickler

Elle
    #2781769, posted on August 5, 2018 at 11:04 pm
    Still listening to your clip, Steve – bliss 🙂
    Cheers.

—–

Also, you have a flight to catch. Don’t miss it. ( :

75. Old School Conservative

His views do not reflect ours

Would that be the conservative views of Bolt, Jones and Credlin, or the socialist views of Richardson and Reece?
    Byrnes has given himself an uppercut.

76. Elle

Night, mh. Sleep well. xx

77. Stimpson J. Cat

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    The Fake News hates me saying that they are the Enemy of the People only because they know it’s TRUE. I am providing a great service by explaining this to the American People. They purposely cause great division & distrust. They can also cause War! They are very dangerous & sick!

78. Armadillo

All I did was post a recipe for roast Armadillo.

Meh. It will never be as widely recited as the words “Hot Dog”. Shouted from every street corner in America. Must send a chill up your bones.

79. Stimpson J. Cat

If anyone is to blame here, it’s Stimpy. Agreed everyone?

Everything is my fault especially when it isn’t.
    Everyone knows this.

80. Old School Conservative

Westpac’s advertising agency has done a good job on two ads recently.
    First one shows a salt of the earth country guy’s history and the clever, tearful farewell at his funeral.
    Second one has a young girl paying in her backyard and her dog licks her face.

Not a couple of themes you’d normally see these days.

81. Stimpson J. Cat

It baffles me that Travolta now has receding hair and a big bald spot.
    How does a young man with that mane of hair go bald?

Can we please stop this kind of talk as it is incredibly insensitive, triggering, and depressing to those of our community suffering from the horrific condition known as male pattern baldness.

82. Stimpson J. Cat

I’ve never seen Stimpy, JC or IT say a bad word about anyone on this blog.

Can I just say that Grigsies heartfelt apology to IT on his knees is one of the most genuinely touching things I have ever seen.

83. DrBeauGan

I’ve never seen Stimpy, JC or IT say a bad word about anyone on this blog.

Golly gosh.

84. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

We just sped by a six-stack power station in the fields of Yorkshire.
    Oh, I do like to see a power station in the fields of corn, I say excitedly to Hairy.
    He points out that we are just passing another one at the same time, on the other side.
    They’re growing them! I say even more excitedly. How wonderful! I exclaim.
    The two greenies at the table opposite pursed cats-bum lips at us.

85. Stimpson J. Cat

OK. Does anyone know how to bleach bit a computer, sans hammers?

Put it in the bath or a sink.
    The Goddamn robots can’t swim yet.

86. Armadillo

Westpac’s advertising agency has done a good job on two ads recently.

Also doing radio adverts in the bush for a “help line”. I don’t think it’s JC’s. Pretty sure it’s not.

87. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Cheer up, Ell You could be here with these two looking at you.
    Hooray. They’ve just got off at York and have been replaced by a heap of solid Jordies.
    We’re oop north now, I say to Hairy, and they laugh with us in hearty northern Brit conviviality.
    It’s alright, we’re Australian, I say by way of friendship and explanation.
    All good.

88. Armadillo

Put it in the bath or a sink. The Goddamn robots can’t swim yet.

Wisdom abounds.

89. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Lovely to have the Cat again, but my battery is running low.
    Hairy’s rellies read and believe The Times. Difficult on occasions to stay charming to them, and keep my attack dogs on leash, although they really are very nice people.

90. Snoopy

Lefty author disappointed Turnbull rejected a referendum.

The Prime Minister has “humiliated” Indigenous leaders and squandered a chance at reconciliation, said Australian author, Richard Flanagan.

In a searing address at the Garma Festival, the Man Booker prize winner said the Government lacked courage and compassion.

Here’s the deal, Dick. Let’s have your referendum but if it loses then no more Comnonwealth arts funding until the cost is recovered including interest accrued. Good with that?

91. Infidel Tiger

Wow. Saturday Night Fever is a dark movie. The Bee Gees soundtrack doesnt really fit with the raping and the death.

92. .

Assad is a purveyor of fake news.

You can bitch and moan, or you can verify yourself as has been reported on in the article through Google Image search and so on.

93. Zyconoclast

Seagal did the enviro loon movie On Deadly Ground.

Michael Cain did an excellent job as the evil industrialist.

94. Infidel Tiger

So Travolta’s character tries to rape a girl until she kicks him in the balls, then two of his other friends rape her in the back seat of the Impala while the are all driving, then his drunk friend falls of a bridge and dies, Travolta’s character rides the subway all night and the happy ending to the movie is Travolta’s character turning up to his dance partner’s apartment (not mentioning a word about the death or rape) and asking her if they can be friends?

Times sure have changed.

95. DrBeauGan

Lizzie, its Geordies not Jordies. And Tanzania. Yor spelin iz orful.

96. Snoopy

Assad is a purveyor of fake news.

Fake news this, Dot.

97. Infidel Tiger

Shut up Dot. You supported the Syrian Free Army.

You need to sit this out.

98. Stimpson J. Cat

Charlie Kirk
    @charliekirk11
    UNREAL!

@RealCandaceO has been banned from tweeting for 12 hours because she allegedly violated Twitter terms in service

She tweeted nothing wrong!

And interestingly @sarahjeong hasn’t been banned or suspended

Why was Candace banned?

Because she is a conservative
    9:23 PM · Aug 5, 2018

99. Stimpson J. Cat

Times sure have changed.

I think you will find Hollywood is exactly the same.

100. Zyconoclast

Westpac’s advertising agency has done a good job on two ads recently.

The NAB has 2 poster ads.
    One showing a father and young daughter doing domestic things.
    The other shows the mother project managing the the house build.

I suppose we should be thankful it wasn’t a couple of zees and zays.

101. .

From that About page.

Description
    Any country that openly or covertly supports illegal regime change in Syria, necessarily supports ISIS — they have shared goals!

No. “Churchill loved Stalin!”.

They should ask Assad if supporting ISIS is a predicate of regime change.

102. .

Infidel Tiger
    #2781834, posted on August 6, 2018 at 12:18 am
    Shut up Dot. You supported the Syrian Free Army.

You need to sit this out.

Cut the binary schtick. It’s dopey.

The FSA had good elements that left and are now the SDF.

They’re the good guys. You back them or no one at all other than to totally destroy the Islamist militants.

103. None

2 out of 3 ain’t bad, Arma.

104. Infidel Tiger

The FSA had good elements that left and are now the SDF.

My god. You really are that stupid.

105. Zyconoclast

Refugee Advice & Casework Service

Check out the Patrons

106. Sky News Australia

@SkyNewsAust
    – Greg Byrnes, News Director

So there you have it.
    Everybody who is interviewed on Sky News automatically has their views reflected by Sky News.

Handy to know.

107. None

Infidel Tiger
    #2781831, posted on August 6, 2018 at 12:15 am

The film was based on an article by a Brit which the author later admitted was made up. It’s also a foul insult to Italian Americans. Even without that hideous rape scene, it is one of the most boring, useless, if not outright tasteless movies ever made.

108. None

Agree Serena. Sky are a bunch of star chamber lettuces.

109. Oh come on

It’s the similar MO of how the pain spills out that makes me question. OWG obviously had his own genuine issues. I didn’t for a second think he was posting to seek sympathy.

Elle…well, let’s see how that plays out, but I’m suspicious.

I too am willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, but if they are conjuring up personal tragedies difficulties to attract the pity of others, that’s quite ugly.

110. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Yep, I am sure Elle is genuine. Get in touch with Cassie, Elle, and come to Sydney drinkies.

Dr. BG I am having a generic day.
    Ratz. Back on my phone and that was supposed to read fonetic.
    Every day is a generic day, ffs. Except when on safari.
    Geordies are part of my Arthurian theories. Ge-odi’s. From Brythonnic ‘guat’ meaning ‘people of’.
    That should tell youse all I rooly do no how to spell Tanzania. 🤗

111. None

Ex soldiers like Hastie and Gaynor were not wrong about a small cabal of gaystapo within the ADF. It is they who are the crybaby bullies. They can’t cope with a pronoun yet expect us to believe they can defend this country? Fucking get rid of them.

112. None

Elle is a long time, long time commenter at Tim Blair’s and has been around here for a while too. Some of you rail against star chambers but are quick to claim you know what’s inside people’s heads and hearts. Hit the pause button, folks.

113. DrBeauGan

Exackerley. The assumption that a soldier will have a fit of the vapours when he claims to be a woman and some other soldier refers to him in talking to a tbird party as him instead of her…

These people are insane. Not just the trannies, those who want to save tranny feelings as if hurt feelings are the most frightful thing a soldier could ever confront.

114. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Tanzanite is a newly discovered precious stone that is specific only to Tanzania. Tanzania was formed in post-colonial times from the union of Tanganyika with the offshore island of Zanzibar. Tanzanite is found and mined in only one small part of the Great Rift Valley, where humanity spent its infancy. Geologists say that the chance of any other seams of it being formed let alone found are less than one in a million as it is very position and circumstance specific in its formation: part of the great break in the earth’s system of plates. So it is much rarer than diamonds and does not make up properly by artificial means. As such, given its rarity value, Hairy has bought me a one-carat ring of this deep purple sparkler in the highest possible quality. Your own little piece of the Rift Valley, he says, knowing that would have significance for me. A late birthday present. In USD not AUD I see when I peek at the price.

Better than being worth fifteen cows, that’s for sure.

115. zyconoclast

Court sides with customer booted from Planet Fitness

A woman who was tossed from a Planet Fitness gym after complaining about a transgender woman* – a biological man – in the women’s locker room has won her appeal before the Michigan Supreme Court.

The “judgment free zone” policy at every Planet Fitness gym also includes being tolerant of males in the women’s locker room, but Yvette Cormier loudly protested when she was informed of that policy after seeing a transgender woman in the locker room.

After losing twice in court fights, including claims of sexual harassment and emotional distress, the Michigan Supreme Court ruled that Comerier has a legitimate complaint that Planet Fitness violated Michigan’s consumer protection law by not disclosing its transgender-friendly policy.

The case was sent back down to the appellate court level after that ruling.

116. zyconoclast

Reports: Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s Personal Driver For 20 Years Was A Chinese Spy

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office was infiltrated by a Chinese spy who worked as her driver and attended official functions on her behalf for 20 years, according to new reports from Politico and The San Francisco Chronicle.

Feinstein reportedly had no idea that her office was being infiltrated by a man who was feeding information to an individual linked to China’s Ministry of State Security. She was “mortified” when the FBI showed up at her Washington DC office five years ago to warn her about the mole.

Feinstein, who was serving as chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee at the time, had access to classified intelligence that would be extremely valuable to the Chinese government. She forced her driver to resign shortly thereafter and did not tell her staff about the incident, according to an unnamed source cited in the Chronicle.

117. None

Andrew Gaff should face assault charges and be banned from AFL for life. he can cry all he likes, he just mutilated a young man.

118. Makka

Hit the pause button, folks.

Can the lecturing. OCO has a valid point. and worth considering for the future. Let’s see how this plays out.

119. None

What valid point is that, Makka? Do tell.

120. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Ps. He wouldn’t buy me matching earrings though due to my tendency of halving his purchase in value within days by losing one of them. Two hours after purchase for my nice ones in Icelandic opal. I was so sad and sorry about that, although personally I blame the horse, one of those ancestral Mongolian brutes jerking me around in a difficult river crossing on our wilderness horse ride. The men in the Tanzanite jewellers promised they could weld them to my ears but he didn’t fall for dat. As his purchase had led the way for other men in our group to feel a lightness in their credit cards as well they seemed rather relieved to see him holding out on another purchase. These enthusiasms of wives all displaying their new rings are infectious and no man wanted to be pressured over to the earrings display by a group movement of mesmerised females in that direction.

121. BorisG

This is not freedom of speech issue. You are completely free to start your own TV or radio service and interview this guy. His views are not banned. Sky has the right to choose who to invite etc.

122. Makka

Read his last post post None and work it out for yourself. It’s not that hard, really.

123. None

Senior public servants have lined their pockets, taking money from people with disabilities, health, education and defence.

and

The Victorian government’s spending on public servants has exploded by more than a quarter since Labor came to office.

and

Former AFL boss Andrew Demetriou’s connection with Acquire Learning was investigated by Victoria gambling regulator. (and let off by Labor mates)

124. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Oh dear, come back later for this additional piece of Tanzania. I used the joolery word as disguised but failed to notice stupid auto-correct. Into moderation. Hope it comes back as I can’t do a phone copy and as we are near Edinburgh now I am not rewriting it all again.

125. None

I asked you to explain it. Can you? No.

126. Whalehunt Fun

No, just no more arts funding, period. As of today. Enact it as a law titled Dick’s Law. So every artist can always remember him. Fondly. Not.
    Always escalate.

127. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Just passing by Lindesfarne. Holy Island.

128. zyconoclast

Arab Living in Mexico Smuggles 6 Yemenis into U.S. Via Southern Border

Years after a Judicial Watch investigation uncovered that Islamic terrorists are entering the United States through the Mexican border federal authorities have arrested a Jordanian man for smuggling six citizens of Yemen—an Al Qaeda hotbed—into the U.S. through Mexico. The smuggler, 31-year-old Moayad Heider Mohammad Aldairi, conspired with others to sneak the six Yemeni nationals across the Texas border for a fee, according to a statement issued this week by the Department of Justice (DOJ).

129. Nick

Thanks Zycon, I’ve enjoyed reading your updates each afternoon.

130. None

Annelise Nielsen pretty stupid if she thinks using placenta cells was ever controversial. https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1026099419798626304 Does the stupid woman even know what placenta is?

None
    #2781867, posted on August 6, 2018 at 1:31 am

I asked you to explain it. Can you? No.
    ================

Not getting involved, but to understand OCO’s comment (not necessarily agree with) you have to read the whole discussion about free speech, following Stimpy’s post about a 90 year old German woman who was sent to jail for Holocaust denial.

Near the end of the arguments, Elle made an announcement and the timing of that, what this is about, as I understand it.
    It was unfortunate timing, at that point it came across, rightly or wrongly, as a plea or excuse.
    Even so, quite naturally, everyone offered her their sympathy.

Arky and Dr BG warned early on, that arguing from emotion is never a good idea.

If I got it wrong I apologise, but this is how I see it.

132. None

Thanks Mark. It was up to Makka to answer.

None
    #2781876, posted on August 6, 2018 at 4:07 am

Thanks Mark. It was up to Makka to answer.

Right you are, apologies.

Visited this old house on the weekend, about 300 ears old, still lived in.
    There is no record of any drawings or council permits, yet it hasn’t fallen down in heaps.
    Well maintained, for sure.

Johannes Leak on the recent death of entrepreneur Harry Miller.

Morten Morland (London Times) on the Zimbabwe election.

Broelman wins! Those Newspolls are getting embarrassing.

138. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Re personal difficulties. Ages ago around 2013 I mentioned that my sweet Hairy Ape had been diagnosed with cancer. No-one said a word so I let it drop. His business anyway. Five years later I said he was off the hook and effectively cured. Same response. Both things were/are true. Ask Tinta. I don’t think anyone believed me or cared because Grigory was trying to claim I was a fabrication. I am not. I doubt if Elle is either although P is still under suspicion in my opinion till she shoots Grigs down with a pledge that he is an idiot. I’ve also been a bit weepy here about my sister. But no point in expecting too much sympathy for anything. We are all mortal beings. I’ll let you know when I’m dead. The silence will be deafening.😐

It is hard to lose your mother, Elle. I’ve been through that. Music and a few years help.
    Then hang on to your memories.

139. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Tears. Tears, not years. Although they help too, later.

140. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Saw the one on Zimbabwe in the delivered copy of The Times this morning in Richmond, Tom.
    One of the few sensible comments in the whole thing. Mostly it is now an Upper Middle Class lifestyle paper with a feed in of mostly PC and anti-Brexit reportage.

141. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I am an extremely emotional person and very vain although I can still argue quite incisively. I warned Tinta that I was equally as vain IRL. What you see here in terms of personality is what you get IRL with me. Beery did say though that he thought I would have curly hair like dear Faye Wray. I don’t. I wear it shortish now too. Hang in here Elle. This place grows on you. 😉

Hairy has just found Leo Kearse listed in the Edinburgh Festival as ‘right wing comedian’. Seems he come with a trigger warning. We will try to take in his show before the Tattoo tomorrow night.

142. Up The Workers!

Blair Cottrell probably only got onto Sky Propaganda in the first instance because he referenced that well-known Nationalist Socialist, Adolf Hitler.

At the commencement of World War II, the Russian Socialists were the German Socialists’ allies.

Is Sky now going to ban all Russians, Commos, Lefties and fellow-Socialists as well, or do “their views” encompass some entirely different, ‘caring, sharing and touchy-feely’ form of barbaric totalitarianism?.

143. Mindfree

Correct me if im wrong but i seem to remember it was that maggot byrnes who sacked latham from outsiders
    Btw rocky harbour in nfl is just a paradise
    On to st anthonys tomorrow on the viking trail
    One of the original viking landing settlements in canada

Best headline I’ve come across so far today:

Is your energy supply vegan?

No, as you might expect, coal, gas and nuclear don’t feature in the choices…

The really fun thing is Lizzie’s friends from Kenya would be in the poo. Literally. Vegans aren’t even allowed to burn cow pats.

Bruce of Newcastle
    #2781894, posted on August 6, 2018 at 6:13 am

Best headline I’ve come across so far today:

Is your energy supply vegan?

Not much support in the comments. ie. none

146. 2dogs

No, as you might expect, coal, gas and nuclear don’t feature in the choices…

But coal and gas are produced from fossilised vegetation.* Surely they are vegan.

* Any portion from animals is virtually insignificant – of the same order as the ratio of small animals killed producing vegan foods.

147. Herodotus

Lizzie, I find it’s good to take the Cat in smaller irregular doses these days. The combination of too many trolls (perhaps a bit less at present) and the self-appointed head prefect can be pretty tiresome.
    I’m sorry if I missed your news items, but am glad that you two are enjoying life and travels now.
    Now tomscroll up and check on what’s happened with Elle, who’s an excellent contributor as a rule.

148. Gary

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Most times I don’t no what else I could add and +1 seems lame in those circumstances.

149. Herodotus

Rodriguez for me, thanks Tom.

150. Herodotus

I see on the front page of the Daily Telegraph another story about the stupidity of the Defence Forces inflicting PC in the form of telling personnel to subsitute “they” for him and her.
    We told our children years ago that referring to people as they was rude.

151. Herodotus

From Breitbart London:
    Muslims in Rome fundraise for own cemetary after refusing to be buried next to Catholics.
    Link
    This is also happening here, with proposals being put to councils in some fairly “out of town” places. Why they select towns like Marulan is as yet unexplained.

Thanks Tom, Ramirez and Branco 1 are great.

153. Rafe Champion

Liberty Quote

Even if the constitution did not contain a formal, written requirement for budget balance, governmental decision makers acted as if such a constraint did limit their fiscal behavior. The effect of the Keynesian revolution was to repeal this part of the fiscal constitution.

— Geoffrey Brennan and James Buchanan

154. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Herodotus, I’ve read the whole thread on the train trip to Edinburgh and chimed in occasionally also live blogging the trip. Elle is hardy enough to take a few knocks on the Cat. Happens to us all one time or another. We kick our wounds for a while and return. 🙂

155. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Lick not kick.
    Anyway we are off to bed. I have removed the atomic doona (h/t Calli) as we will be more comfortable without it tonight in the northern hemisphere summer. Heat such as has never been seen before etc. Station told rail travellers to carry water and see a doctor if they came over all funny. How on earth did these people ever run an empire? It was 18 degrees this arvo in Edinburgh and hit about 33 in London.

156. Elle

Thanks Tom.

So sorry to hear about Hairy’s diagnosis, Lizzie. Glad he’s ok.

I regret dosclosing personal stuff here. It wasn’t said to get attention at all. On top of that, I was and am, very emotional when it comes to that one issue – Holocaust denial. I’ve never been able to have a rational discussion about it. Too emotionally invested. Won’t be engaging in it here again. Didn’t sleep well at all because of it. Stupid to allow myself to get so upset.

The three journalists I mentioned above can vouch for me. As can wivenhoe. They know my full name and I have met some of them in person. I am Elle, shortened from Ellen, which is a part of my real name.

Gravity exerts itself:

Battery sceptics driving shorts on lithium future (The West Australian, 4 Aug)

Short-selling of shares in lithium miners SQM, Albemarle, Galaxy and Orocobre has ballooned this year, reflecting what fund managers say is a sign of growing scepticism of an imminent battery boom.

The heavy shorting of the stocks puts investors at risk of a short squeeze if project timelines meet or beat expectations, or if near-term oversupply of battery chemicals proves to be more seasonal than structural, fund managers and analysts said.

There are signs China’s battery chemical market is oversupplied. Prices of lithium carbonate and its raw material spodumene have slumped 38 per cent this year.

Morgan Stanley shocked lithium bulls in February with a forecast for rising supply to “swamp” demand from next year, hitting prices.

I suspect that the almost complete disinterest in EVs by anyone except politicians is driving this too. Electric cars just don’t sell. Plus the woes of Tesla, which when it collapses will take a lot of hype away from the sector.

158. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Je ne regrette rein, Elle. Sing along now. Rein de rein. Big smile. 😃

159. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Damn interfering predictive text. Can’t even recognizee French.
    I must find out how to terminate it.

Meanwhile, in Dickhead Dan’s communist caliphate:

The Victorian government’s spending on public servants has exploded by more than a quarter since Labor came to office — the fastest-growing wages bill of any Australian government ahead of November’s state election.

The rising wages bill, driven by new hiring and union demands for higher pay, will lift the state’s employee expenses to an estim­ated $28.9 billion this year, or more than 45 per cent of general revenue.

Nationwide analysis reveals Victoria’s wages bill grew almost as fast as Queensland’s, where the public sector union has warned the official statistics are unreliable because they fail to ­acknowledge people employed on commercial contracts or through labour hire firms.

Griffith University economics professor Tony Makin warned that state governments were failing to subject their increased spending on wages to a proper cost-benefit analysis. “Governments like to spend and the populations like the benefits and get the jobs, but they don’t recognise there is cost in taxes and future taxes in paying off the debt,” Professor Makin, a former federal public service economist, told The Australian.

Inflated bureaucracies also undermined growth by “siphoning off workers” from the private sector where they might be more productive, he said.

The Victorian government said more public sector workers were needed to cater for a growing population, and included extra education workers, mental health professionals and police officers.

With graph that shows the blowout in state government public service spending in Queensland and Victoria.

Link.

Patrick Stewart Is Reprising His Role As Captain Picard In New ‘Star Trek’ Series.

……………………………………..________……………………
    ……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\…………………..
    …………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__..
    ……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“…….
    …………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\……………
    ……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`\…………..

Police in the UK endorse child r-ape by Muslims:

Forced marriage: Police ‘turn a blind eye’ to child brides.

Officials at the Home Office received more than 3,800 reports of forced marriages or victims being at risk of forced marriage in the past three years. Hundreds of the victims are children, with the youngest only four years old. However, The Times surveyed police forces and found that fewer than 80 suspects had been charged in this time. It became illegal to force someone to marry in 2014 but only three cases have resulted in convictions.

Tommy Robinson tortured.
    Child r-apists encouraged.

Britain: should have been left to the Germans.

163. Entropy

Clearly, clarity is not a desirable feature on the battlefield, according to the ADF.

Don’t let a few narks faze you, Elle. I’ve been here long enough to view the worst of them with a twinkle in my eye.

Dunno what I’d do without my Mum. Stay strong and think about all the good stuff.

On the other subject, I’m personally invested too. The place needs J-ws around to remind Gentiles with a forceful “Never Again”. The arguments on free speech are a separate issue. And on that note, I miss David and his Friday night sly-blogging.

165. Senile Old Guy

Much less than 1% of people are “transgender” so the assumption that someone is the sex they appear to be will be correct nearly all of the time. This is the insanist time to be alive.

166. Geriatric Mayfly

Take care. Tanzanite is relatively soft in the precious stone league. Moh scale 6-7. It is also a bit sensitive to hard knocks. Nevertheless, a stunning piece of the earth’s crust, brought to full radiance after a controlled heating process, which is approved by the GIA.

This is the insanist time to be alive.

New ADF guide advises personnel to avoid use of pronouns him and her for gender neutral language.

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account
    @realDonaldTrump
    23 minutes ago
    California wildfires are being magnified & made so much worse by the bad environmental laws which aren’t allowing massive amount of readily available water to be properly utilized. It is being diverted into the Pacific Ocean. Must also tree clear to stop fire spreading!

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account
    @realDonaldTrump
    23 minutes ago

Trump is the only sane politician in the world.

170. Old School Conservative

Bolt has a good piece today on his opposition to the Australian Press Council.
    A good summary – I do not recognise its moral right to shut down debate and will not co-operate with it.
    He fights with tenacity.

Hiroshima get a mention today?

172. Baldrick

@SkyNewsAust
    – Greg Byrnes, News Director

Weak-kneed.
    Even the ABC didn’t apologise when it interviewed Cottrell on TripleJ Hack.

173. Herodotus

Haha Lizzie. Love that old Piaf song, particularly the English version where she sings “See the sheep sail away”. Perhaps it could be used by the live sheep trade.

174. Herodotus

Don’t mention the war, Stack.

175. Mater

So I take it that these newly graduating Officers won’t be insisting that their soldiers refer to them as either ‘Sir’ or ‘Ma’am’?
    Perhaps we can do away with the salute as that is clearly a patriarchal construct and fails the equality test.

“We trained hard—but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we were reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while actually producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.”
    – Petronius

Lone Pine battle anniversary remembered
    Australian Associated Press
    August 6, 2018 7:21am

The anniversary of the Battle of Lone Pine, one of Australia’s most intense battles at Gallipoli 103 years ago, is being remembered across the nation.

The August 6, 1915 offensive saw Australian infantry charging the enemy line at Lone Pine to try and claim Turkish territory and prevent reinforcements being sent to defend Allied attacks to the north.

“The four-day battle resulted in more than 2000 Australian casualties, and the service and sacrifice of these brave men should never be forgotten,” Veterans’ Affairs Minister Darren Chester said in a statement on Monday.

Nice Petronius quote, Mater.

Don’t mention the war, Stack.

😀

179. lotocoti

Sweet baby cheeses Stack.
    Step away from the blue touch paper.

180. John Constantine

Trumptopia can recognise there is a time and place to dump water unused out to sea in blind and unwavering craven compliance to Orders of Bastardry.

That time is in drought, and the place is Australia under turnbull.

Their Hussein Obama has his orcs go hard at breaching dams and flooding the ocean with fresh water, because the left loves this.

Easier to blow up a dam than build one, Australia is very close to cargo cult dam destruction, in the blind faith that the United Nations will send cargo if we get rid of our water.

Comrades.

181. Old School Conservative

Lone Pine 2018.
    No-one goes over the top unless pinkies have nail polish, gender neutral terminology is used, men wear high heels, and all combatants have participated in at least one gay mardi gras. All deaths due to enemy fire must by done by quota, with people-who-identify-as-women and transgender individuals taking up 50% of the body bags.
    All aggressive insignia must be removed before advancing on the enemy.

With leadership initiatives like these, who needs enemies? We are killing ourselves.

182. Senile Old Guy

Tim Sourpuss:

Tim Soutphommasane will warn that “race politics is back” and criticise Turnbull government ministers for their rhetoric on African gangs and ethnic separatism in a fiery final speech as race discrimination commissioner.

South Sudanese thugs are bashing and robbing people in Melbourne but commenting on this is “racist”. Unfortunately, my taxes are paying for this crap.

Soutphommasane says when he took the job five years ago he “wouldn’t have expected that the biggest threats to racial harmony would come from within our parliaments and from sections of our media. Yet here we are. “This is dangerous territory,” he says. “When politicians resort to using race in advancing their agendas, they inevitably excite racial anxiety and stir up social division. “They end up damaging our racial tolerance and multicultural harmony.”

What an utter *rsewhle. He pulls in a salary of hundreds of thousands and spits on the people who are paying it. The HRC should be disbanded and sacked.

New poll puts Turnbull Government well behind Labor in Victoria
    ANTHONY GALLOWAY, Federal Political Reporter, Herald Sun
    an hour ago

MALCOLM Turbull faces a wipeout in Victoria at the next federal election according to a new poll.

Labor leads the Coalition 57-43 of the two-party preferred vote in the survey of more than 1100 Victorians taken last week.

In a worrying sign for the Prime Minister, the poll represents a five point swing away from the government compared with the 2016 federal election when Victoria helped keep Mr Turnbull in the Lodge.

184. Senile Old Guy

Tim Sourpuss:

He argues people born in Australia and New Zealand are also “over-represented in Victorian crime statistics” and questions why the race of offenders is deemed relevant for crimes committed by those from Sudanese backgrounds but not other crimes.

Utter BS. In terms of percentage of the population, South Sudanese are over-represented. He must know, so would appear to be saying otherwise.

185. Mater

…wouldn’t have expected that the biggest threats to racial harmony would come from within our parliaments

Goodness, I didn’t realise that our politicians and some media personalities were out and about robbing, bashing and intimidating innocent people. Perhaps we should pay them some more?

186. Geriatric Mayfly

Why didn’t he just say ‘white males’ and get it out of his system?

On best Arnie fillums (discussed last night), my personal favourite.

188. Senile Old Guy

Tim:

Similarly, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and Australians from Arab, Middle Eastern and Asian backgrounds complain of being unfairly profiled.

The “Asian” is false. But “middle East”? Remind me again, what is the “religion of peace”?

Heritage Victoria approves Bayside Council plan to pump HMVS Cerberus with concrete
    Paul Shapiro, Bayside Leader
    August 6, 2018 12:00am

A CONTROVERSIAL plan to pump the landmark Melbourne tourist attraction HMVS Cerberus full of concrete has been ticked off after a year-long battle.

The wreck, scuttled in Black Rock’s Half Moon Bay in 1926, is badly in need of stabilisation work to its hull to prevent collapse.

Heritage Victoria gave Bayside Council’s proposal to fill the shipwreck with concrete the green light last month, despite strong opposition from community advocates.

Community group Friends of Cerberus had worked closely with the council on the best way to implement the stabilisation but that all changed in April 2017 when discussions reached an impasse.

He must know,

Of course he does. And considering himself the smartest person in the room, he thinks we don’t.

He’s a racist snake oil salesman. That we’ve been paying this parasite’s obscenely generous salary for years is an insult.

Transgender prisoners demand ‘delicates only’ wash cycles for their underwear

192. Stimpson J. Cat

Gab.ai
    @getongab
    . @RealCandaceO was banned for 12 hours after replacing the word “white” with “j$wish” in one of @sarahjeong’s racist tweets.

@sarahjeong’s account remains unbanned.

Paying attention yet?

I’d like to retrospectively fire him Arnie style.

194. Clam Chowdah

Jack Houghton & Miranda Devine, The Daily Telegraph
    August 5, 2018 6:20pm

The correct term is now “it”.

As in “it will march up that hill or it will do 100 push ups”.

Or, “it rubs the lotion on its body”.

195. Oh come on

Let’s not forget that Sarah Jeong has described herself a “woman of color”. Ok, so what colour would that be, then? Black? Brown? Or white? I’m not sure any other colour she could conceivably describe her (skin) as is acceptable to her and her tribe.

196. Top Ender

Bolt standing up for himself.

WE MUST FIGHT THE CENSORS

The Left has again called in the speech cops to censor me, this time because I told the truth about mass immigration.

The Guardian Australia couldn’t be more excited: “The Australian Press Council has received an unspecified number of complaints about an article by Andrew Bolt that argues a ‘tidal wave’ of migrants are swamping Australia, forming enclaves and ‘changing our culture’.”

Guys, don’t waste your breath.

The Press Council can go whistle. I do not recognise its moral right to shut down debate and will not cooperate with it. No official body should interfere in the exchange of opinions that distinguishes us from a tyranny or a flock of sheep.

Besides, the Press Council is in no shape to judge any conservative while its members include Carla McGrath, deputy chair of the GetUp!activist group, and Leftist Matthew Ricketson, a union representative who has recommended that a governmentappointed body act as a censor of newspapers.

I’d never subject myself to that kind of jury, which also includes David Fagan, who once edited the only Murdoch daily newspaper without a single conservative columnist and who boasted last year: “I never published Bolt.”

I will not answer any question such a body puts to me, and will refuse to respect its usual request for proceedings to be treated confidentially, to allow it to do its intimidation in the dark.

It is time to fight the forces of shut-uppery that have stifled debates on exactly the issues that need them most.

This shutting down, whenever the Left is challenged, isn’t done just by our notorious thought police — by the Press Council, courts, and various human rights councils and tribunals that have persecuted cartoonists, students, bishops and conservatives for expressing their opinions.

There’s also the typically vile abuse by the Left’s winged monkeys on “social” media, flying in again in response to my latest article.

To sum up my actual arguments, now publicly damned (but not answered) by at least three Labor MPs: there is increasingly no “us”, thanks to mass immigration and the deliberate destruction of the symbols that once bound us as a people.

For instance, we now have councils that refuse to celebrate Australia Day. Our national flag no longer represents us all; most government buildings also fly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ones.

And now comes a massive flood of immigrants that has given us the fastest population growth of any Western nation — 242,000 foreigners, net, settling here in a single year.

All of this is turning immigration into colonisation.

In Lakemba, in Sydney, two thirds of residents follow Islam.

In Box Hill, nearly half speak Chinese; in Springvale, a quarter speak Vietnamese; and in Caulfield North, 41 per cent are Jews.

Not all of these colonies should worry us. The more Jews the better.

But when more Muslims, for instance, volunteered to fight for the Islamic State than now serve in Australia’s army, we must ask whether we are accepting more migrants than we can assimilate.

Indeed, what’s left for them to assimilate to?

For serious people of the Left overseas, this is worth discussing.

David Goodhart, former editor of Prospect, warned in Britain’s Guardian that if immigrants no longer assimilated to a core culture, “it weakens the bonds of solidarity and in the long run erodes the ‘emotional citizenship’ required to sustain welfare states”.

But in the Guardian’s Australian outpost, Katherine Murphy just stuck her fingers in her ears in response to my article.

“Someone conjured up a tidal wave of immigrants in order to get people to take notice of him, and fight him,” she snapped, as if I’d simply imagined more migrants coming each year than the population of Hobart — and did it just to get attacked.

Still, Murphy’s response was mild compared with the more general hysteria and the ritual shut-up screams of “racist” — including from other journalists.

Crikey’s Bernard Keane even painted me as an anti-Semite — a sick joke from someone who derides Israel as an “apartheid system”, and backs the boycott of the Jewish state.

Keane sobbed that “to see Jews being singled out and criticised for forming ‘colonies’ and failing to integrate, in a mainstream media outlet, makes the blood run cold”.

In fact, I neither said nor believe that Jews do not integrate.

I say again: there is a trend in Australia to form ethnic and religious colonies, just when our sense of “us” is weakest.

Fact.

Do not call the cops.

Discuss.

197. Top Ender

Bolt stands up for himself.

WE MUST FIGHT THE CENSORS

Guys, don’t waste your breath.

All of this is turning immigration into colonisation.

In Lakemba, in Sydney, twothirds of residents follow Islam.

In Box Hill, nearly half speak Chinese; in Springvale, a quarter speak Vietnamese; and in Caulfield North, 41 per cent are J ews.

Not all of these colonies should worry us. The more J ews the better.

Indeed, what’s left for them to assimilate to?

For serious people of the Left overseas, this is worth discussing.

Crikey’s Bernard Keane even painted me as an anti-Semite — a sick joke from someone who derides Israel as an “apartheid system”, and backs the boycott of the J ewish state.

Keane sobbed that “to see J ews being singled out and criticised for forming ‘colonies’ and failing to integrate, in a mainstream media outlet, makes the blood run cold”.

In fact, I neither said nor believe that J ews do not integrate.

Fact.

Do not call the cops.

Discuss.

198. Senile Old Guy

F*ck me. The Guardian is having a”hate Australia” day.

As a Muslim, I see this all the time. The government’s dialogue with Muslims is almost always framed within the language of counter-terrorism, the needing-to-be-reminded-about Australian values.

Perhaps that might be because some Muslims want to kill anyone who does not convert? That most mass murders in recent times have been committed by Muslims in name of Islam?

Race is there, in the celebration and protection of the speech of men like Milo Yiannopoulos, Mark Latham, Andrew Bolt, the late Bill Leak, and on and on it goes.

Talk about tone deaf. Muslims would kill Milo and probably Latham, Bolt and certainly Leak (RIP). All four despise racism.

Who is the author?

I am here only because my father had the good fortune to migrate on a scholarship to Sydney University in 1972, a time when the last vestiges of the White Australia policy were being dismantled. My father was a stateless Palestinian because the same imperial government that colonised Australia set the course for the theft of my father’s homeland, Palestine.

She repays that “good fortune” by spitting on Australia.

199. Rossini

Fresh fred has arrived

The immigration back door has been open a long time.

201. wivenhoe

. As can wivenhoe.

Yes Elle, I can, and do vouch for you.

202. SOLDIERS are being told they shouldn’t use terms like “him”, “her” so they don’t offend “LGBTI” members in a new guide that says refusing to do so will be considered “bullying”.

If lesbians or gays don’t like being referred to by gendered pronouns like ‘him’ or ‘her’ than why do they continue to use gendered nouns like ‘gay’ or ‘lesbian’?

This whole charade is simply about the use of raw power to determine what we can say and think barely concealed by a cloak of sensitivity.

203. Drink-Up Socrates

With my enthusiastic approval!
    The problem in this case being that the SS bastards had decamped and handed-over responsibility for the camp to mostly Eastern European soldiers who had had no previous involvement – well; not in that camp anyway.

204. Spider

Love the way that Ellen Fanning on The Drum vociferously attacks Caroline Ovington from The Australian over reporting of African gangs and the papers racist attacks.

She never has the same passion for the Boycott Israel crowd and lunatic left who are given a platform on The Drum every day of the week.

The problem with ignoring crime was brought home to me by a documentary on the Vietnamese in Cabramatta. You could see the entire cycle as everyone initially tried to ignore the signs until years later when drugs and crime decimated the place. Then finally in the end the community itself was pleading with the police to ntervene.

1 3 4 5