Wednesday Forum: August 15, 2018

1,859 Responses to Wednesday Forum: August 15, 2018

That candidate above, trying to be a woman, has a male chin cleft and very male eyes.
    Wonder what he sounds like.

Like a weedy beta male, but definitely a male voice.
    Take off the glasses and he couldn’t fool anyone.

2. .

Dr BG

Is there a formal name for the algebraic trick where -a/(c-b) = a/(c+b)?

3. DrBeauGan

#2790304, posted on August 16, 2018 at 12:54 am
    Dr BG

Is there a formal name for the algebraic trick where -a/(c-b) = a/(c+b)?

It isn’t. -a/(c-b) = a/(b-c) follows by multiplying top and bottom by -1.

Put a= 1 = b and c=2. Then your lhs is -1 and your rhs is 1/3. So the equality is false.

4. DrBeauGan

Damn. Right the first time.

5. .

Let me put it this way:

-f(x)/1-g(x)

Is there any manipulation that can make that f(x)/g(x)+1 ???

6. .

I made an error, I am just multiplying one part of an equation by (-1/-1).

So -f(x)/1-g(x) = f(x)/g(x) -1

I tried to generalise it too much.

Simple stuff, it is really too late.

7. DrBeauGan

#2790309, posted on August 16, 2018 at 1:49 am
    Let me put it this way:

-f(x)/1-g(x)

Is there any manipulation that can make that f(x)/g(x)+1 ???

No. Not for all functions f and g. Proof: put f(x) =1, g(x) = 2, constant functions.

You can have -f(x)/1-g(x) = f(x)/g(x) – 1. Again, just multiply top and bottom by -1.

Where does this come from, dot?
    You

8. DrBeauGan

Dunno where the final word came from.

9. DrBeauGan

Yes it is after midnight here, and my nutritional intake today has consisted of three glasses of red wine in the last hour, which explains my errors. 😊

10. .

You can have -f(x)/1-g(x) = f(x)/g(x) – 1.

Yeah I know, thanks so obvious when I looked over it again, 1.45 am? Time for bed.

11. DrBeauGan

Given an equation, always put simple numbers in to check it. The scope for screwing up in Maths is colossal. So you need to have little checks to catch the bludners. You can be absolutely sure there will be some.

If you use simple numbers

a/(c-b) = a/(c+b)

a = 2 , b = 3, c = 4

-2/ 4-3 = 2/4 +3

Eliminate the bottom two lines
    And you’re left with
    -2 =2
    Eliminate that line and you’re left with 0. Isn’t the right,as I haven’t done this sort of arithmetic for decades.

Should be

-a/(c-b) = a/(c+b)

14. DrBeauGan

JC, -2=2 is not true. In fact it’s a wicked lie. You shouldn’t try to deduce anything from it.

The statement: If 1=2 then Beaugy is God almighty

is true. I can prove it. I could also prove:

If 2=-2 then Beaugy is God almighty..

You don’t want to go there unless you are prepared to fall on your knees and worship me. Which I should find very embarrassing.

Doc
    In my mind
    -2 =2 isn’t solved though until it’s reduced to the final conclusion, which is zero.

However, on this only occasion at the Cat I will defer to you. 🙂

By the way, the other day I asked if you had been to Oxford. It wasn’t my intention to ask if you’d studied there but rather if you’d visited. I was implying that Oxford is like the Haj for academics.

16. AC

Nursing home predator Nikki Savva needs to be held accountable for her conflict of interest when it comes to reporting on Turdball.

17. None

the RC Church wouldn’t allow females to sing in church

I don’t think that’s true. Congregational singing was inherited from Judaism. That was a male-female-children everyone affair. When Christian liturgy became more formalised (e.g. with readers, cantors etc) females also sang in church. St Ephrem the Syrian was famous for organising women’s choirs in the fourth century. Women’s singing was suppressed a bit later in various regions in response to a heretical group full of uppity females (I forget which now). When the Catholics split off they kept that prohibition. Orthodox churches do have female chanters – not common, or rather more common in some places than others – but not prohibited either. And at certain feasts (e.g. Easter) the orthodox have male-female choirs in liturgy. Protestants have never prohibited female singing as far as I know (even if they don’t have female singers) except high church Anglicans (which they got from the Catholics) and weirdo sects (who don’t count as Christians), but happy to be corrected.

18. DrBeauGan

I’ve visited Oxford, JC. I didn’t see your post asking me or I should have answered.

19. None

Should be

-a/(c-b) = a/(c+b)

Ha Ha.
    If we used your hilarious “JalCebra” we can make anything equal anything.
    Algebra, however, involves solving an equation for an unknown.
    Clearly you’ve been hitting the vino with Dr BG.

20. None

In your dreams, AC. The Cypriot peasant is a self-confessed lunatic, liar and bitch.

No biggie

We took a tour and it was hugely interesting . The thing I came away with was the influence Catholicism had on the place. Almost all the churches were originally catholic and Rome had a heavy duty influence at the beginning. It started off as training ground for clergy.

Also, it sounds accurate when people here accuse Cromwell of being the equivalent of an ISIS leader. The prick ordered the books held in the main library to be burned and closed Oxford down. I didn’t know that.

Burning books at the time was a really big deal, because they were likely to be very unique. It was a very serious act of desiccation.

23. DrBeauGan

From a false proposition you can deduce any proposition you want.

This tAkes away all the fun.

Incidentally, did you know about bullshit meters? There’s an app for it. Tso on Google play store.

It’s my bedtime. I’m off.

24. None

very serious act of desiccation.

Desecration. Desiccation is for coconuts.

Pipe down, none. I haven’t done algabra for decades so I’m a little rusty. I used to be a whizz at that sort of crap in my youth. In fact it was my only saving grace 🙂

I would be great at times to have discussions without the peanut gallery interfering. But I guess that’s not possible anymore.

26. None

I didn’t realise this was a private forum. See ya!

I’m just kidding None. I’m out for dinner so behave yourself without male supervision.

28. None

I actually thought you were mucking around and trying to be cute, JC. I didn’t realise you were seriously trying to do algebra with an inebriated Dr BG. Enjoy dinner.

29. Tintarella di Luna

Going over last night’s comments Neil asked:

Remember tripe?

Sure do, the way my mamma cooked tripe was to die for and yes I still remember it, I’ve never found the recipe to do it the way mamma did and besides there’d no takers in my house. I have seen it on the menu at Italian restaurants and order it but it’s rarely the same as mamma’s, so I just remember.

Zanetti & Knight!

On not unrelated matters I see that Niki Savva has an article featured on the Oz main page.
    Paywalled, but one guess what it’s about…

Here’s Lobbecke’s cartoon that goes with it.

I suspect she could write this stuff in her sleep.

31. feelthebern

The Intercept releases another batch of Edward “True American Patriot” Snowden files.

32. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I was implying that Oxford is like the Haj for academics.

Heresy in our house. Get thee to Cambridge, JC. In the words of my own Hairy Ape, Oxford is simply ‘that other place’, and not a patch on his own Alma Mater, doyen of the Fenlands and producer of many more famous Nobel Laureates than Oxford.

33. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Tinta, my Sainted Mother could actually do tripe and make it palatable. She did it with onions and peas in a white sauce and I used to love it until I found out what it was. Part of the old Welsh heritage she somehow picked up; she could cook very little else.

34. None

The Australians are funny today; thanks, Tom. Pickering’s pantswetters do crack me up.

35. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Hahaha. Tonight Hairy got red-carded. He stood his ground against this:

extract that precedes tonight’s ‘no choice’ menu: first course Broccoli gnocchi, second course, Mushroom oat cake.

A growing culinary trend right now is to reduce the human ecological footprint. Of this, we approve! In stores, many producers have now begun introducing minced beef mixed with a certain percentage of vegetables along with vegetable sausages, vegan cheese and other alternative vegan creations. Perhaps this will, for many become a small but important first step to going fully vegan. For us it’s a no brainer: We follow the trend through our recognised vegetarian menu. Enjoy O fellow green enthusiast!

Hairy stood his ground. I would like an alternative, he says, with meat. Red meat, he adds, rubbing salt into the waiter’s wounded expression. I will have to ask the Head Waiter, Sir, came the stifled reply. Soon he came back and placed a red card on Hairy’s side of the table. And you madam? he asked me.

Oh dear. I was a good little German. I am quite happy with the vegetarian option, I mumbled, fearing the shame of the second red card ready in his hand, as Hairy’s was the only one in the whole restaurant. The waiter smirked at me with a Certainly, Madam. Avoiding da pain of embarrassment eh Lizzie? enquires Hairy as the waiter departs. Enjoy yer mushroom oatcake, he says sitting back in complete satisfaction, barely containing his laughter at the thought of how I don’t much like muesli. His meal arrives and it is blooded beef with gravy, greens and potatoes which he eats with gusto. I chew through my oats taking one for the B team of wimps who give way far too readily.

36. Nick

Fairfax running interference again for the female co-sword murderer. What a surprise that her politics matches that of the SMH. A veritable saint, lol.

37. Top Ender

Emma Husar on the hunt for source of leaks

12:00AM AUGUST 16, 201834 COMMENTS

Federal Labor MP Emma Husar has made a formal complaint to the NSW ALP, demanding an investigation into how a confidential letter including “the most ­malicious and damaging of alle­gations” related to her dealings with former staff was leaked.

Ms Husar has asked the NSW party’s ombudsman to find out who else, besides herself, might have received copies of a letter sent to her by barrister John ­Whelan on May 16 that set out 44 allegations of staff bullying and other misconduct.

An investigation will be conducted for the NSW party by its ombudsmen appointed to handle complaints from party members, former senior federal Labor MPs Leo McLeay and Daryl Melham.

Ms Husar’s supporters say her main purpose is to smoke out the source of the leak to the BuzzFeed website on August 2, which she claims was a deliberate attempt to damage her before Mr Whelan released the findings of an inquiry he was conducting for the NSW ALP.

Few had access to Mr Whelan’s letter. He delivered it by hand to Adam Searle, a barrister and NSW Labor frontbencher who had been helping Ms Husar, to pass on to her.

It is accepted Mr ­Whelan and Mr Searle were not responsible for the leak. The letter was not given to Ms Husar’s former staffers and party general ­secretary Kaila Murnain has told colleagues she was not given a copy.

Senior party sources told The Australian the NSW ALP had “no interest in destroying one of our own”. The party believed the letter was leaked by someone on Ms Husar’s side — possibly without her knowledge — in an attempt to undermine Mr Whelan’s inquiry process. “They detonated this and it turned into a god-awful mess,” one source claimed.

Ms Husar did not respond to a request for comment. Her backers say the leak, which resulted in Buzzfeed publishing allegations of lewd conduct and sexual harassment in addition to staff bullying claims already made public, was one of the tipping points for Ms Husar’s announcement on Wednesday last week that she would not contest her western Sydney seat of Lindsay at next year’s election.

When a summary of Mr Whelan’s findings was released two days later, Ms Husar noted she was cleared of the salacious allegations but said she was “gutted” by the willingness of “certain individuals and certain parts of the media” to defame her on “vexatious and unfounded accu­sations” that had caused “much personal, emotional and professional damage”.

Ms Husar’s complaint has raised questions inside the ALP about whether she is paving the way for legal action against the party.

Her relationship with the NSW ALP’s head office appears to have seriously deteriorated, especially after a message was relayed to her via Bill Shorten’s office that her departure could be “her way or their way”. Ms Husar believes she retains Mr Shorten’s support, which would be critical if, as some NSW party sources believe, she is reconsidering her decision to bow out.

ALP head office says it has accepted Ms Husar’s resignation.

Link with comments open

38. Stimpson J. Cat

And it’s started.
    This is your world, Conservatives.

Robert Spencer
    @jihadwatchRS
    I’ve been axed from Patreon, without explanation, warning or notice — no doubt as part of the ongoing efforts of the Left to deny all platforms to those who reject its agenda. To those who supported me there, thank you, and I’m sorry we couldn’t follow through on plans.

Patreon
    @Patreon
    Replying to @jihadwatchRS
    Hi Robert, we emailed you earlier today which explained that unfortunately Mastercard required us to remove your account. You replied to us but if you have further questions we’re happy to keep emailing.

39. Top Ender

Husar will be the gift that keeps on giving to whoever opposes her in her seat.

Being constantly in the news moaning about this or that will only remind voters of the strange person the ALP put up for the voters’ consideration.

Imagine being the ALP candidate Labor puts up to replace her in the federal election. Talk about an albatross around the neck.

40. Stimpson J. Cat

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    Happy Birthday to the leader of the Democrat Party, Maxine Waters!
    10:57 PM · Aug 15, 2018

Since those olden times we have invented machines for the purpose.

42. Stimpson J. Cat

Oh Monty no no no no no no.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    Great Republican election results last night. So far we have the team we want. 8 for 9 in Special Elections. Red Wave!
    8:30 PM · Aug 15, 2018

43. None

Mastercard “required” Patreon to remove Spencer’s account? What is the relationship between MasterCard inpatient apart from extortioner?

44. None

Hussar: single mum, no income, no prospects and no lesbian love triangle. She has seen her future and she’s not going to stop belching til she gets there.

45. Stimpson J. Cat

It’s Happening.

Rasmussen Reports
    @Rasmussen_Poll
    Today’s @realDonaldTrump approval ratings among black voters: 36%

This day last year: 19%

(link: http://bit.ly/preztrack) bit.ly/preztrack @POTUS @realDonaldTrump

46. This is why people hate the Catholic Church.

Not at all. It’s certainly an excuse to hate it. However, I agree that the scum committing and concealing these crimes need to be purged.

47. None

The sword murderesses mother is also a piece of work. Please give my poor daughter but she’s never been in jail before. I’m sure her victim has never had his head sliced open and his life ended with a samurai sword before either.

Red carded! At least he/ze/yx allowed Hairy his protein. Maybe the head waiter didn’t want to be taken to the High Court.

Speaking of which:

Religious Colorado cake baker is back in the dock

Jack Phillips is the Christian cake baker from Colorado who had to go all the way to the Supreme Court to avoid being punished after declining to bake a wedding cake for a couple celebrating their gay marriage. To have baked the cake would have violated his strongly held religious beliefs.

Now, Phillips is back in the dock. He was asked, apparently on the same day the Supreme Court agreed to hear the case arising from his refusal to bake a cake for the gay wedding, to bake one celebrating the birthday and the “transitioning” from male to female of the potential customer. The cake was supposed to include a blue exterior and a pink interior to reflect the person’s transgender identity.

Phillips declined to create the cake, given his religious conviction that gender is immutable.

The request was part of a pattern of harassment of Phillips. Reportedly, his bakery has received requests for cakes featuring marijuana use, sexually explicit messages, and Satanic symbols. One solicitation submitted by email asked the cake shop to create a three-tiered white cake depicting Satan licking a functional nine inch dildo.

Extremist gay rights activists certainly are charming.

Once again, Phillips may have to go all the way to Supreme Court in search of relief.

Lefty activists show their immense humanitarian tolerance by persecuting Christians who just want to live and run a business. No wonder Trump is winning.

49. Herodotus

Ve of der National Analog Zeitgeist Invigilator party vill never cease our blitzkrieg against digital and ve vill impose uber alles ze vinyl solution.

50. None

This is why people heate the Catholic Church.

Iupt was a stupid question and even more stupid answer. “A friend who has been accused”. What does it accused mean? Some nameless gossip and innuendo? A conviction in a criminal court? If you wanted to hate the Catholic Church because there are stupid Catholics in it, then be my guest, but just check on that glasshouse first.

A question re. this; “global financier and holocaust survivor, George Soros.” as stated in the Jerusalem Post by ALEX STERNBERG.

I wasn’t aware that he spent time in a concentration camp.

52. John Constantine

Does spending time inside the barbed wire pulling out gold teeth count?.

53. Mater

And if they’d just gone in and asked for a pink cake with blue icing, they’d probably have got it.

54. Nob

Mark A
    #2790384, posted on August 16, 2018 at 7:39 am

I wasn’t aware that he spent time in a concentration camp.

I’m no expert but I’d say if he survived in a Nazi controlled country when they were rounding up J€ws, then he’s a holocaust survivor.

No argument from me.

Doesn’t make him a saint.

55. In line with my discovery that the Uniparty Government in Canberra is going to bring in Death Duties, I have recently discovered a new regulation waiting in the wings.
    We would all be aware of the electrical ‘Tag and Test’ safety procedure that businesses have to comply with? Well, it’s going to be expanded to cover private dwellings in which children under 16 are living.
    The initial period will be for three year testing of all electrical components and wiring in the house, along with compulsory repairs, but my sources tell me that it will become a yearly event for housing more than 20 years old.
    One child’s life lost due to defective electrical circuitry is too many, Comrades.

56. John Constantine

If your my health record says you have bad knees or bad ankles or bad shoulders, a zealot in their gun registry may decide that you are no longer qualified to own your rifle, as you are in breach of the hunting and vermin control reasons you gave in your application.

Therefore your personal legally bought and paid for property now belongs to the State.

Should you be diagnosed with a terminal illness, my health record can alert the State to protect their quisling political class, in case someone should decide to take a few traitors with them when they go.

Comrades.

John Constantine
    #2790385, posted on August 16, 2018 at 7:42 am

Does spending time inside the barbed wire pulling out gold teeth count?.

Maybe I’m wrong and if so I apologise, but according to his bio. he never was imprisoned anywhere.
    So by saying he is a survivor then so is everyone else of that time.

58. John Constantine

Safe electricity ‘tag and test’ has been suggested as a requirement for the State to introduce the internet of things, linked to robot smart meters.

This will enable the state to remotely ration electricity into private homes, so that their windmills will indeed supply all the power we need to run heating and cooling to State approved levels.

Comrades.

OK, maybe I’m picking nits, that claim just struck me as strange in view of his reported activities during the German occupation of Hungary.

60. Lizzie;

You can have three shelves for your stuff, I say graciously, and one hanging cabinet plus a socks and undies drawer.

A bloke solution. You have the drawers. My underwear, socks, hankies, other minor stuff, go into shopping bags and get put on coat hangers with notches in the top part of them. Laundry goes into another large linen bag that hangs below the lot. Very efficient storage, and you get three more drawers.

61. John Constantine

The possession of old style electrical items, like electric kettles, that cannot be remotely controlled by the State will become a thoughtcrime.

Entry of your home by agents of the State, unwarranted and unannounced, will be allowed to search for breach of tag and test laws, just as it is for breach of firearm laws and breach of primary production paperwork recording laws.

Comrades.

62. John Constantine

Being able to remotely control when a prole can boil his robot electric kettle is our Strength.

Comrades.

Vegan ‘honey’ is just hypocritical fake food
    ED GANNON
    Ed Gannon
    August 15, 2018 6:00pm

THE lurch towards fake foods gets more ludicrous every day.

And the latest effort has entered the realm of comedy.

Vegan “honey” is the newest thing to hit the shelves, manufactured by a Byron Bay (of course) company.

As it is vegan, and despite the name, it doesn’t contain any real honey, as the vegans argue to do so would mean supporting the stealing of honey from bees, and the death of many bees in the production of honey.

So this company is producing two types of “honey” — one of which contains apple juice concentrate.

Now, my Year 11 biology teacher would attest that I should never again be allowed into a science lab, but even I know this fundamental fact — apple trees need bees for pollination to produce the apples.

Ed Gannon is publisher of the Weekly Times and co-host of The Ag Show on Sky News Business.

@EdgannonWtn

64. Farmer Gez

And expensive. Your staff can be trained for the task but the Tags are the main cost. Seven thousand for a small school.

65. Stimpson J. Cat

Mad Lad.

James Woods
    @RealJamesWoods
    Google is the enemy of humanity.
    12:20 AM · Aug 16, 2018

66. Top Ender

Happens in schools now for the kids’ laptops.

Pointless exercise, as the good thrashing the kids give their chargers over the year means a charger tested now could have been run over, wedged by a desk against another, and used in a tug of war several times only days later.

This is a photo of turdball sitting on the opposition benches after he crossed the floor in 2010. Look at that face, the bitterness, the resentment; credit where credit is due; this bastard has been plotting his revenge for years and he’s succeeded: he will have his globall warming and renewables way and the destruction of the conservatives and the country which rejected him previously.

68. Gilas

Death Giraffe
    #2789875, posted on August 15, 2018 at 7:29 pm

I have had some trouble with the windscreen.
    I am experimenting with a final solution of paint thinner and rust converter.

Nice one, Arky!

69. struth

and holocaust survivor

Every Nazi was.

George Soros was not a Holocaust survivor.
    He was a collaborater who helped the Nazis steal J-wish valuables prior to their death.
    He is scum.

Queensland police to be quizzed about attitudes toward Muslims
    Chris Clarke, The Courier-Mail
    August 16, 2018 12:00am

QUEENSLAND police will be interviewed about their attitudes towards Muslims as part of a major new study examining whether biases against the Islamic community are preventing the reporting of extremism.

Research shows that Muslim migrants’ trust in police begins to wane after they have lived in Australia for more than seven years.

This has led to fears that a major Islamic-inspired terrorist attack could occur if the religion’s community members are unwilling to report their concerns to police.

Griffith University Criminology Professor Kristina Murphy hopes to sit down with dozens of counter terrorism cops and general duties officers in the coming years to figure out how some of them treat Muslims while on the job and why.

72. None

They need to pass those French style doors where you can’t call vegan foods by non vegan names. So there’s no such thing as a vegan hamburger or vegan honey.

73. Herodotus

Daily Telegraph: Liberal MP Felicity Wilson reveals she has been actively ‘discouraged’ by the party from starting a family.

Isn’t it time to call a halt to this “I want it all” approach? Kids want and deserve a full-time mum.

74. None

Winston Smith

#2790390, posted on August 16, 2018 at 7:47 am

tag and test sounds like another NDIS. A ponzi scheme for fat cats, bonanza for rorters and a hoax on clients.

75. Morning all.
    Is Trumble still PM?

Do the S.F.L. have a final solution?

stackja

#2790410, posted on August 16, 2018 at 8:09 am

Queensland police to be quizzed about attitudes toward Muslims
    Chris Clarke, The Courier-Mail
    August 16, 2018 12:00am

It’s never the muslim’s fault, it’s our fault. Actually it is our fault for electing gutless, capitulating pollies.

In other words, Muslims are latent terrorists who react to life’s travails and alleged slights by killing people.

78. Stimpson J. Cat

John O. Brennan
    @JohnBrennan
    This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics. It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent.

79. Its remarkable

It all is sounding more like a giant conspiracy:
    Malcolm desperately wanted to join the Labor party.
    They were smart enough to know he was an idiot, but determined he could be a ‘useful’ idiot.
    They had a very quiet and earnest talk with him, and determined that the best thing he could do for the Labor party would be to join the Liberal party, and destroy it from within, using whatever means necessary.
    He has followed the script well< knifing anyone who gets in his way time and time again.
    And he does have some brains, and ability to persuade, hence so many fall for his ‘charm’. But really they are also wanting some of the power, so agree to whatever Malcolm wants.
    Just look at how successful he has been in carrying out what Labor could not do:
    Seen the resignation of thousands of Liberal members and draining of the funds within the party.
    Moved almost all policies to the left
    Installed left and greens in the bureaucracy at every opportunity
    Moved with rude haste to get the Paris deal in place
    Sided with every UN decision he could, notably the immigration charter that passes more control of our country to the UN
    Given funds to every green cause going around, while also looking after his mates as evidenced by the gift the GBR Foundation. This required some outside the rules activity, but he is well versed in that.
    He now has the best of all: a green policy on energy that satisfies both his greenness and installs a carbon tax and scheme where he will probably personally benefit from the trading opportunities.
    Destroyed the conservative side of politics, and arranged for the Labor party to win handsomely at the next election.
    His reward from the left and Labor will be long and generous.

80. struth

It’s our fault for letting UN global socialists capture our parliament and our country.
    Gutless and capitulating?
    They stand strong against the wishes and concerns of their enemy.
    The Australian people.

81. John Constantine

After seven years of being indoctrinated by the Stalinists of australias social welfare system and the Stalinists of australias abc bully pulpit and the Big Men of the community deradicalisation programs and the Progressives of the diversion programs and being lectured every Friday by being read propaganda prepared overseas in Political indoctrination offices, by foreign political lecture reading operatives:

For some reason, all the brainwashing becomes effective in creating a revolutionary freedom fighting movement dedicated to the overthrow of old Australia in the name of global totalitarianism, just as the Australian left intend.

Importing voteherds to transform Australia is our Strength.

Comrades.

82. Farmer Gez

what did you have for breakfast?

Porridge thanks very much Stimpy. You are a right bastard.

83. John Constantine

Their turnbull’s reward from their left will be to be purged.

He will happily present himself to the required office when the time comes, and even as he is striding down the long staircase to the basement he will do so with a genuine song of love for the united nations in his heart and a feeling that he is going to Abbotts execution, not his own.

Comrades.

Mr. Clarke and his sub editor have some explaining to do.

Ali Kadri will be on the phone this morning to demand that any link between Islam and terrorism be disavowed, or else.

85. Check out this Paul Weston interview by Andrew Neil on the BBC. You never see interviwers become this belligerent when interviewing Leftists.

86. mh

This should become a Dem slogan:

New York Gov Andrew Cuomo: America ‘Was Never That Great’

Wednesday in New York City while giving a speech, Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) said America “was never that great,” referencing President Donald Trump‘s “Make America Great Again” slogan.

Wrapping up his speech that was highly critical of Trump, Cuomo said, “We’re not going to make America great again. It was never that great.”

87. Rasmussen LOL. The strong belief you lot share that Trump is going to gain twenty points of black votes is one of the most hilarious things on this site.

88. mh

Monty, you believe blacks will never wander from the Democrat plantation?

Have you read Omarosa’s book yet M0nty?

Aboriginal group angrily tees off against proposed golf course
    JIM ALOUAT, Mercury
    August 15, 2018 8:36pm

A COMMUNITY group has ripped into a golf course development in southern Tasmania and accused the State Government of dismissing Aboriginal culture for “white people’s privilege”.

The developers of the proposed 116ha Arm End recreational reserve and golf course on Tuesday revealed a plan to put a 6.8km pipe under the River Derwent and pump recycled water from Blackmans Bay to the South Arm Peninsula.

The $3.5 million pipe will connect Class B recycled water from TasWater’s Blackmans Bay treatment plant across the river to irrigate South Arm farms and properties – and the Arm End recreation reserve.

But Aboriginal Heritage Council chairman Rodney Dillon said the golf course would harm Aboriginal heritage and the cultural landscape.

“White people’s privilege is again overriding Tasmanian Aboriginal heritage,” he said.

Aboriginal Heritage Council chairman Rodney Dillon says Aboriginal culture is being dismissed for “white recreation”. Picture: MATHEW FARRELL

[Rodney Dillon looking a bit pale.]

91. Stimpson J. Cat

Porridge thanks very much Stimpy. You are a right bastard.

It was lumpy, wasn’t it?

😁

92. struth

Bloody hell.
    It’s official!
    Trump is going to gain twenty points with black voters!
    It’s been Monty’d.

Sanjeev Gupta’s $US1 billion energy project could see SA export electricity
    Cameron England, Giuseppe Tauriello, The Advertiser
    August 15, 2018 10:19pm

A GROWING pipeline of renewable energy projects across the state, including several solar farms, will not only safeguard against blackouts but pave the way for the export of excess electricity interstate, experts say.

British industrialist Sanjeev Gupta on Wednesday announced a US$1 billion energy plan for the Upper Spencer Gulf.

It adds to numerous projects, including the $400 million Bungala solar farm under construction near Port Augusta, and the recently announced Solar River Project near Burra.

There are now close to 30 solar, wind and battery storage projects under construction or in planning phase across the state, with the potential to add more than 6000MW to the grid. That represents more than double the state’s average peak demand of about 3000MW.

Clean Energy Council energy transformation director Lillian Patterson said the additional supply would reduce power prices and eventually could be exported to the eastern states.

“All the extra renewable energy projects entering the system are expected to drive down the average household energy bill for South Australians by hundreds of dollars a year by early next decade,” she said.

“SA has a genuine opportunity to export solar and wind power to other states on Australia’s east coast … a more flexible national grid with better connection between states will allow clean energy to be exported more effectively as the country’s old coal plants continue to close.”

94. Farmer Gez

It was lumpy, wasn’t it?

Yep. Just like Lena Dunham’s thighs.

95. John Constantine

The cat troll proudly declares the American model of race based voteherds being the power base for criminal leftist exploitation cartels works regardless of policies and measurable economic outcomes.

Obviously their Australian left are frantically doing whatever it takes to transform Australia through mass importation of millions of those that will vote generationally for Stalin.

96. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Fake food is not our friend.

97. .

How exactly is pumping water hurting Aboriginal culture?

An argument is not even being made anymore. Just feels.

98. struth

That is exactly what Rod Dillon is doing.
    Dismissing aboriginal culture for his own white recreation, and financial benefit.

“Do what we want or we’ll kill you.”

Now that is what you’d call a final solution.

100. ZK2A;
    Impossibly pneumatic lingerie models.
    These ones, you mean?
    NSFW, gentlepeoples.
    I haven’t looked at them because I breathe funny when I do.
    Especially #6 & #20.

101. struth

If only white people are allowed in the golf course, there may be white privilege, but there is definitely no aboriginal heritage issues.
    Since the golf course will be open to allow ALL races, including the newly found white European Aboriginal race, or “Lambieriginals” who’s ancient musical instruments include the bag-pipes-idoos , and all other races, where is the AHRC in grabbing this racist and ruining his life?

But, hey, let’s import more! And shame anyone who says otherwise.

The Byron Bay vegan “honey” is just sugar syrup derived from fruit (in this case, apples).

Enjoy that insulin spike, numpties.

I’m cooking for a vegan this weekend, so reading up on what’s on and what’s off. Yikes!

The pantry is now chickpea central.

105. .

calli
    #2790462, posted on August 16, 2018 at 9:28 am

Enjoy that insulin spike, numpties.

Not sure how malic acid, malate and fructose are honey. But anyway. Sounds like something to have on Rosh Hashanna.

106. lotocoti

And shame anyone who says otherwise.

Everyone knows you can’t go back.

Sounds like something to have on Rosh Hashanna.

Does, doesn’t it? Ironic – what’s the bet they’re BDSers and Palli sympathisers? 😄

108. .

Stimpy stop trolling (maybe?). How many public schoolteachers get nicked for the same thing? Imams? “Yoof organisations”? You’re just playing into the hands of left-wing cultural warriors. You don’t need to condemn such behaviour, it is presumed that people don’t support it. This stuff is like the third rail of virtue signalling though. Domestic violence is a pale imitator in those stakes.

109. .

I’m way too tired to be that sharp today, well played Calli.

Wrong link Stimps (I hope).

111. .

Stimpy

“X”thot.

I see you’re still taking those red pills. Yet my betters and elders question why I don’t want to get married or have kids here, now or without significantly more resources.

What is your opinion of Lauren Southern, Tomi Lahren and Millenial Millie?

Let’s not forget MAGA Boxxy, Shoe in face.

112. candy

I wonder if A. Albanese is involved in all this.

On the “real” food issue, I’m struggling with using vegan “cheese” on a veggie lasagne.

Going to be an interesting weekend.

114. Gab

Let them eat cake lettuce!

115. candy

calli, What about some beaut salad sandwiches with lots of filling and some nice seedy bread?

116. Gab

Make a nice hearty vegetable soup, Calli and be sure to add some Bonox for flavour 😀

117. John Constantine

Your access to resources will never be better than it is today.

Any piled away financial or property wealth you accumulate in the future has just been traded for your reserves of physical health and energy.

The State will grab your grabbable reserves when the time comes anyway.

Fill in a willing chick today before her friends brainwash her that she is making a terrible mistake.

118. Stimpson J. Cat

What is your opinion of Lauren Southern, Tomi Lahren and Millenial Millie?

Look so long as the house is clean and dinner is on the table, they can have their little hobbies Dot.
    It’s important for women to be active.

119. Stimpson J. Cat

You don’t have to get married.
    You do have to reproduce or you are basically a genetic dead-end, like homosexuals.
    Everyone knows this.
    Look at Rita Panahi for example.

I thought of that, Gab. Miso for Bonox and it’s sweet.

The poor girl has had a lot of auto-immune issues and the vegan diet has helped immensely. I wouldn’t sabotage her progress for the world. Mitch probably knows the scientific reason why.

Other than that, I believe veganism for “cruelty” reasons is a wanky fashion.

121. Confused Old Misfit

Sanjeev Gupta’s $US1 billion energy project could see SA export electricity

One wonders how much this will end up costing the state and country’s tax payers.

Stimpson has made a few references to the Pennsylvania grand jury report on sexual abuse.
    Having read a few case studies at those links, I’m calling significant levels of bullshit. There is a strong whiff of the old Salem-like ‘recovered memories’ kindergarten scare of the 1980s. I see there is also an attempt to blame Archbishop Wuerl for something-something-he knew etc. Same story for Archbishop Hollingworth this morning, with Queensland Police investigating something-something-he knew. Pretty obvious pattern is now emerging.

123. Stimpson J. Cat

Irrelevant.

Mark 9:42 – And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

John O. [email protected]

Because if there’s one thing expected from intelligence professionals, it’s “speaking out.”
    Poor old John. He’ll be rocking up to Langley in a hi-viz shirt (which makes him feel like he’s still in the workforce) only to be blocked.

*Bzzzzzt.*
    I’m sorry, Mr Lennon, this ID is no good.
    It’s Brennan.
    Whatever.

125. .

Stimpy look up Dr Helen Smith.

Then consider paternity is legally worse than marriage.

126. Infidel Tiger

CL, you can’t possibly defend Wuerl.

He is evil incarnate.

This should become a Dem slogan:

New York Gov Andrew Cuomo: America ‘Was Never That Great’

That is terrific. Every election from now on is a measure of the electorate’s intelligence and loyalty to their country. Ah fuck.

Which experts say?

OK. What qualifies her as an expert?

A Bachelor in Business from UTS & Master of Green Management obtained on a scholarship after c. 10 years in the APS.

No engineering experience, no hard experience in the energy field.

A mere member of the managerial class.

And so it goes on…

129. .

CL, you can’t possibly defend Wuerl.

Let’s see the police go for the public education hierarchy; principals, boards, committees, superintendents, CEOs, senior bureaucrats and so on. It’s time to concede the law is selectively enforced.

130. Snoopy

The White House has revoked the security clearance of John Brennan, former director of the CIA, who has been a vocal critic of President Trump:
    Other clearances said to be under review are those of Sally Yates, Susan Rice, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page and Bruce Ohr. Stay tuned.

Astonishing.

Are you confusing Wuerl with his predecessor McCarrick?

It was a little bit excessive,” said Social Distortion fan James Mauldin.

Mauldin says while Ness acted unprofessionally, music fans should understand controversy is part of the punk rock culture.

“If you’re that into politics, don’t put yourself in a situation where it could become a problem for you,” said Mauldin.

In other words, “Shut up”. Or in this case, tell your middle finger to “Shut up”.

133. Infidel Tiger

Possibly. I can’t read it without feeling ill.

134. H B Bear

Wuerl’s predecessor in Washington, McCarrick, was indeed an evil homosexual predator – recently de-cardinalated by the pope.

136. Boambee John

Cohenite at 0817

Actually, it is our fault for allowing thise elected as our ‘representatives’ to let this problem develop.

Incumbents last on the voting paper!

137. .

Wow.

Professor Slams ‘Hegemonic Masculinity’ of Homeless Men

The goal of her research, she explains, was to “assess the ways hypermasculinity is performed among men experiencing homelessness.” And to do this, Dej interviewed 27 homeless men and spent and additional 296 hours spying on them in homeless shelters.

Jesus christ. They’re trying to eat, sleep, get shelter and not get beaten to death without turning tricks.

They’re oppressing women, somehow.

138. Mater

No. Here is what will safeguard against blackouts in SA…according to the REAL experts.

Periods of such high penetration of non-synchronous generation present challenges for managing power system security, particularly in relation to maintaining adequate system strength. The strength of the power system can be low during these periods, due to reduced levels of online conventional synchronous generation.

Until other viable solutions for managing system strength are available through regulatory frameworks, AEMO has established a requirement for a minimum level of synchronous generation to remain online in SA at all times. The minimum level of synchronous generation required to be online increases with the output of non-synchronous generation.

139. Infidel Tiger

The crimes in PA are all by homosexuals.

Thankfully the Church now has protections in place.

Decardinalated?

He should have been defenestrated.

Does he retain his priestly faculties?

141. Top Ender

The Westminster terrorism suspect is an asylum-seeker who was recently granted British citizenship, had been thrown off a university course and suffered a family bereavement.

Salih Khater, 29, is from Sudan but is believed to have come to Britain in 2010 after working for two years in Libya. He came as a refugee and was granted asylum, sources confirmed.

Friends in Birmingham, where he lived before allegedly carrying out Tuesday’s attack using a car outside parliament, claimed that Mr Khater, the son of sorghum farmers, was granted British citizenship in the past few weeks. The Home Office is understood to be checking that process.

Mr Khater was originally arrested on suspicion of terrorist offences and was arrested again on suspicion of attempted murder yesterday.

He is alleged to have spent 90 minutes driving around the streets of Westminster in his Ford Fiesta before driving into commuters and towards police officers, crashing into cyclists and pedestrians and hitting a security barrier.

Friends said that he was a Muslim who did not regularly attend mosque and that he had been anxious to travel home to Sudan to visit his sick mother. His father and a brother both died within a month of each other last year.

Neil Basu, assistant commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said that the matter was being treated as a terrorism case because of the location and the nature of the incident without officially declaring it to have been a terrorist attack.

Mr Khater is not co-operating with detectives. Sources confirmed that his phone and other material were being examined, but nothing had been found to establish a motive. Police were downloading hard drives last night from an internet cafe, in Sparkbrook, Birmingham, which Mr Khater regularly used.

Friends from the cafe said that he was an Aston Villa fan and liked watching films, listening to Celine Dion and playing pool. Abrha Tomas, 35, said: “He’s a good person. I’ve known him for about six or seven years. I don’t think it was terrorism. He’s not that kind of person.”

Mr Khater’s CV, seen by the BBC, confirmed that he had worked in Libya and spent time as a security guard in Nottingham, where he first lived.

Coventry University confirmed that Mr Khater studied accountancy last year but was thrown out after failing the first year. South City College in Birmingham said he had studied a diploma in science in 2014-17 after attending an English skills course elsewhere.

Osman Tergo, 39, who knew Mr Khater and his family in Sudan, and lived with him in Nottingham at a raided property, said he “really loved being here in the UK”.

He added: “I’m very shocked he is involved in this. He moved here to study. He really loved being in the UK. He really likes playing football and English movies. He was religious, like we all are, we are Muslim and speak Arabic, but he never went to mosque when I lived with him.”

One of Mr Khater’s brothers who lives in Birmingham has spoken to police. Three other brothers and two sisters live in Sudan and the family, originally from Darfur, were said to be shocked at the allegations.

Mr Khater told members of the Sudanese community that he was travelling to London this week to obtain a visa to visit his homeland, and was driving down on Monday night to avoid an early-morning trip the next day. Police have confirmed that he spent several hours in the Tottenham Court Road area of central London then drove around Westminster and Whitehall for more than 90 minutes before the incident at 7.37am. Three people were injured, including a female cyclist who remains in hospital.

Friends said that when Mr Kateh arrived in Nottingham he had become an active part of the Sudanese community in the city, frequently playing football for a community team.

Dr Siddig Omer, an associate professor of engineering at Nottingham university and chairman of the Nottingham African Consortium, said “Everyone is really surprised he has been involved in this incident — he isn’t at all religious. He didn’t go to mosque, maybe sometimes on Friday. There were never any concerns with extremism when he lived here.”

Dr Mahdi Khair, who played football with Mr Khater, said: “He wasn’t the kind of man who you’d throw the allegation of terrorist attack at. He was so polite and a decent chap.

“He never got into conflict with any of us at all. He said he worked for a security company and had lost his dad and brother. He always made peace with everybody. He was working very hard. I don’t know why they’re accusing him. Anything could have happened.”

With Katie Gibbons, John Simpson, Fiona Hamilton and Duncan Gardham

THE TIMES . Comments open at the Oz

142. Diogenes

Which means that these people will find it very very difficult to get future employment (ie revolving door govt->consultant->lobbyist->govt) within the Swamp.

Bolta is doubling down on Anning’s statement that 5% of muslims want to kill us:

Actually it’s more than 5%.

Clive Kessler emeritus professor of sociology and anthropology Uni of NSW. May 30 2015 Australian.

Among Muslims worldwide today, about 10 to 15 per cent, it may be suggested, are modernist, reform-minded and democratic; perhaps another 10 to 15 per cent are militant, radical, extreme and potentially active in violent forms.

SMH 10 October 2014 — 12:15am

A landmark survey finding that 21 per cent think terrorists have legitimate grievances.
    The nation-wide study, a government-funded Australian Research Council Discovery project, is the first to quantify the consequences of Australia’s fight against terrorism for Muslim communities.
    Dr Adrian Cherney, from the University of Queensland, and Associate Professor Kristina Murphy, from Griffith University, surveyed 800 Muslims between June and August and conducted 14 focus groups across Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
    a landmark survey finding that 21 per cent think terrorists have legitimate grievances.

144. Stimpson J. Cat

Thank f$ck.

Looks like the Commie Pope got all those outliers.

You are all safe now kids.

Any muslim, any place, any time.

21 per cent think terrorists have legitimate grievances.

I expect it would be higher as many would dissemble when asked such a question.

147. Death Giraffe

It’s the 21st century.
    Rich birds need love too.
    Can’t you rely on your charm to snaffle a sugar mummy?
    Plenty of good looking rich bints would love to sponser and reproduce with a libertarian ideologue.

148. .

I bet they’re nuts too, Arky.

149. Arky, I don’t know the particulars of this series you’re doing but you should read Feser’s The Last Superstition.

150. Death Giraffe

or without significantly more resources.

But seriously Dot, I don’t get this.
    If a girl doesn’t see your potential and isn’t willing to prove herself by sticking with you through some lean times, how on God’s name will you trust her to have your children?
    You are looking at it all arse backwards.
    Get out there and get a nice bird. You’re a smart bloke.
    Get it sorted.

Diogenes

#2790519, posted on August 16, 2018 at 10:31 am

And also destroys their cred as meeja commentators because they (wink, nudge) “know stuff”.
    It also puts dickheads like Brennan at risk of prosecution because there is no way he will quietly discontinue his practice of badgering his former staff into feeding him intel.

152. Death Giraffe

Bookmarked, thanks Dover.

Rich birds need love too.

Poor ones also.
    More than 600 birds removed from suburban Ohio home, workers say

Crews from Columbus Humane and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) found parakeets, cockatiels, finches, Macaws, African grey parrots, Amazon parrots and cockatoos in the 1,000-square-foot home in Clintonville, FOX28 Columbus reported.

It’d take a lot of love to live in a house containing 600 parrots. And about a dozen subscriptions to the New York Times.

154. Death Giraffe

I bet they’re nuts too, Arky.

Everyone is nuts.
    Haven’t you been paying attention to the humans around you?
    We all have issues.
    Serious bloody issues.

155. Snoopy

Sally Yates, Susan Rice, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page and Bruce Ohr.

I’m just amazed that their security clearances aren’t withdrawn when their employment ceases. As Leigh suggests, the security clearances are a form of spook superannuation courtesy of the swamp.

Professor Slams ‘Hegemonic Masculinity’ of Homeless Men

Maybe if she stole stuff from hotel rooms and gave it to them it’d make her feel better.

THE HOMELESS DESPERATELY NEED SEWING KITS

Aly @MustangAly69
    I’ve made it a personal rule that every night I stay in a hotel I take the toilet paper, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, etc and give it to a homeless person #FilthyRichHomeless
    9:02 PM – Aug 14, 2018

She’s now suffering from an infestation of reality. Don’t miss the update about Andrew Leigh’s awesomely perfect virtue signalling effort.

157. Stimpson J. Cat

Look Dot, let me be honest.
    Less talking about Borders and Blockchain,
    more banging.
    Stop hanging around allegedly smart people.

158. H B Bear

Any muslim, any place, any time.

Exactly. Makes a complete mockery of assurances of government clearances of people from places like Afghanistan which has not had a fully functioning government for nearly 30 years of war. The UK and Eurabia are demonstrating that second and third generation are as susceptible. if not more, to radicalisation.

159. Death Giraffe

You know, if you went out today and threw the first woman you saw who didn’t protest too much over your shoulder, took her home and married her, the chances would be better than even it wouldn’t be a complete disaster.
    And so what if it was?
    Who are you?
    What you think you are better than the rest of us with our crappy lives and shit situations?

160. H B Bear

Who wouldn’t feel better about themselves after having a third of your income taken every fortnight so a bunch of muzzies can have solar panels on their mosque.

Taxation is theft.

THE HOMELESS DESPERATELY NEED SEWING KITS

The comments are excellent.

Soap on a trope – nice one Mother Lode. 😄

162. Snoopy

I laughed. Out loud.

Michelle Noon, a criminologist at RMIT University, said there could be another explanation for why postcodes like Dandenong’s are such hotspots for numberplate thefts: there are more cars.

“In some of those areas, there’s a slightly higher car ownership than your average Australian suburb,” she said.

Alternatively, they may be what she calls “suburban CBDs” — major centres with shopping malls, transport hubs and other services that people from surrounding neighbourhoods drive to.

“It might just be that people are taking their cars there, and because their cars happen to be there, that’s why the numberplates are being stolen.”

As for the overall increase in thefts, she said there could be an economic reason for the rise in offences across the state.

163. Des Deskperson

‘Wow, a real blast from the past, noted cyclist Leaping Leo McLeay. I thought he would be dead by now. Once you put a politician on an indexed pension for life they just keep going and going.’

Wow, indeed!

A former colleague of mine had previously worked in one of the Parliamentary Departments. where her supervisor had been a completely crazed and dysfunctional old bat.

The story was that while it was recognised by management that she was a harpy and a liability, she couldn’t be moved because she was allegedly being rooted by Leo, then Speaker of the Reps. The mind, as they say, boggled.

Leo’s son, Paul, who had accompanied him on his fateful bike ride (through, if memory serves, the leafy Canberra suburb of Deakin) and presumably gave evidence in support of Leo’s compo claim, later became a NSW Labor Minister in one of the many Obeid/Tripodi-confected regimes. but was forced to resign from Cabinet after it emerged he had accessed adult and gaming sites on his Parliamentary computer.

164. a criminologist at RMIT University

Yet another who nothing to enhance RMIT’s reputation.
    Far Kamee.

165. Dr Faustus

More appalling racism:

‘Australia’s tallest skyscraper’ risks turning Melbourne into ‘Asian mega city’

[A planning expert from RMIT University] is worried that Melbourne will lose its high-heritage value if it continues to pursues density over liveability, and believes the focus should instead be on mimicking cities in northern Europe and Scandinavia.

“All those European cities that our politicians generally can’t wait to get to every time they go on their holidays,” Professor Buxton said.

“We’re turning Melbourne from a city with very high heritage value into a high-rise model of a city based on … an Asian mega city.”

You can’t say that.
    Where are my pearls…

166. Eyrie

Melbourne is livable??? It has been a shithole forever, AFAIK.

167. Eyrie

As an added disdvantage it is full of Victorians who think it is the greatest.

168. jupes

Well you can tell by the way I use my walk,
    I’m a woman’s man, no time to talk.

That is exactly the type of man the ADF is trying to recruit.

Diversity is a strength don’t you know.

169. Stimpson J. Cat

Stefan Molyneux
    @StefanMolyneux

Within 24 hours, my @YouTube channel has received two community guidelines strikes – likely as a result of a mass flagging campaign – and is now on the verge of total deletion.
    Please respectfully contact @TeamYouTube and alert them to this injustice.

I’ll miss you Stefan.
    You were great for a Leaf.

Sudanese mother, 38, who killed three of her children when she drove her car into a lake has her 26-year jail sentence cut by EIGHT years

A mother who killed three of her children has had her sentence cut
    Akon Guode said 26-year jail sentence for killing three of her kids was too harsh
    The 38-year-old appealed the sentence years after she drove car into lake 2015
    Mother-of-seven pleaded guilty to killing three children – one only 17-months
    The Victorian mother said she was mentally disturbed at the time of the deaths

Daily Mail. She claims she was the victim of witchcraft….F.M.S….

171. Stimpson J. Cat

Yes For, at least you have your sanity and your hair and you aren’t a Kiwi.

172. Stimpson J. Cat

It’s Maths, people.

173. Stimpson J. Cat

RMIT University

Holy sh$t, I always wanted to do a course on Numberplate Analysis.
    Signing up now!

174. Death Giraffe

…and you aren’t a Kiwi.

No one is perfect.

175. Philippa Martyr

Sadly not correct.

McCarrick resigned from the College of Cardinals. It took him a full month, as well, for accusations which should have caused him to stand down no more than 24 hours after they went public.

The Pope stayed absolutely mum. After all, he already had the Chile fiasco on his plate, which he enabled personally by ignoring in the hope that it would go away.

McCarrick genuinely believed he was untouchable. The more details that emerge, the more appalling his hubris appears. He is a monster.

176. zyconoclast

‘Australia’s tallest skyscraper’ risks turning Melbourne into ‘Asian mega city’

An ambitious plan to build Australia’s tallest tower in the inner city suburb of Southbank has sparked fears that Melbourne could be transformed into an “Asian mega city”.

High-density a ‘doomed model’

He is worried that Melbourne will lose its high-heritage value if it continues to pursues density over liveability, and believes the focus should instead be on mimicking cities in northern Europe and Scandinavia.

So…if there were fewer cars there’d be fewer thefts? Brilliant! Should work just fine for other unexplainable problems.

London’s Khan Says Ban Cars From Parliament Square After London Terror

Amazing how much of a problem cars are.

178. H B Bear

179. H B Bear

Some people are so stupid they could only be an academic.

Holy sh$t, I always wanted to do a course on Numberplate Analysis.
    Signing up now!

Do you have a million dollars Stimpy?

A century-old NSW numberplate is touted to fetch $1m at auction (15 Aug)

A CENTURY-OLD motorcycle numberplate worth up to $1 million has sparked a turf war among investors and superannuation funds as it goes on public sale for the first time in 80 years.

The historic NSW motorcycle numberplate “1” is expected to net its anonymous owner between $500,000 and $1 million.

Now’s your chance to be officially numero uno!

181. H B Bear

London’s Khan Says Ban Cars From Parliament Square After London Terror
    Amazing how much of a problem cars are.

Yes. Every day hundreds of thousands of cars in Londonistan manage not to crash into Westminster Palace. I wonder if they is any other explanation?

From the same people who bring you, “The truck hit dozens of people as it drove down the Nice promenade.”

Part of the $65,000 payout was calculated on the premise that he would never be able to resume his career before he entered Parliament – a Telecom linesman.

183. Stimpson J. Cat

Maybe just call yourselves Christians from now on,
    Catholics.
    You’ll feel much better looking in the mirror and it will be much better for your mental health.

184. Stimpson J. Cat

Now’s your chance to be officially numero uno!

I’m sorry, but people with personalized numberplates are a 6, below women which are 7, and lesbians which are a 9.
    We eat through this last night.

185. Des Deskperson

“Des – I think you’ll find Leaping Leo came to grief on a stationary bike in the Parliament gym, which conveniently opened up the Australian taxpayer to yet another gouge from this archetypal Liar.”

My recollection is that it was one of those mobile collapsable bikes that were kept in the gym and were available for MPs who wanted to take a spin. Here’s a contemporary account that confirms my recollections:

I even remember the Canberra Times have a photo of the offending bump.

186. H B Bear

Aha – it was a folding bicycle. I knew it collapsed under him.

So much corruption, waste and troughing under the bridge since then. Seems like the good ol’ days.

187. H B Bear

Apologies. Never take on Des on matters Canberra.

188. Baldrick

New campaign slogan for Trump 2020: ‘Make Democrats Cry Again’.

I even remember the Canberra Times have a photo of the offending bump.

Reminds me of when Clover Moore and Kristina Kennelly went out on bicycles to advocate for healthy car-free commuting. Moore broke her ankle and Kennelly did her knee in. 😀

190. From the Economist:

The third principle is a belief in “belonging”. Modern liberalism is the philosophy of the airport hotel: liberals believe that nothing should be allowed to interfere in the efficiency-maximising power of free exchange. Conservatism is the philosophy of the comfortable country house; conservatives believe above all in having a place that you can call home. They put a high value on the importance of patriotism because the nation-state is a collection of like-minded people. They have a soft spot for old-fashioned country squires who are the linchpins of local societies. The basic reason why conservatives are worried about free movement of people is that free movement turns society into a nexus of contracts rather than a “homeland” that is occupied by people who share a common history.

This definition of conservatism points to one of the great oddities of our times: that many people who go by the name of conservatives are anything but. The British Conservative Party—or a dominant faction within it—has pursued its dream of leaving the European Union despite the fact that doing so has involved breaking with 45 years of history, embracing a referendum and throwing the country into turmoil.

Hang on, what? You’ve just diagnosed the problem conservatives have with the EU. It harms local societies bound by a common history. The EU just is the philosophy of the airport hotel. How can someone be so blind to this salient fact? Further, when you are considering the history of peoples that often exceed a thousand years, what is the significance of 45 years? None at all. This is probably a piece of concern trolling poorly executed, even for the Economist. monty must be writing for them.

191. Maybe just call yourselves Christians from now on,
    Catholics.

Cuck.

Ms Keneally was riding to work when the bike malfunctioned as she rode into the basement of her office in Governor Macquarie Tower.

Sounds more like the rider malfunctioned.

Thanks, Philippa.
    ————-

Decardinalated?

He should have been defenestrated.

He should have been defenestrated.

I always thought “defenestration” was a particularly nasty manner of dying, comparable to the unfortunate King of England, who was supposed to have had a red hot poker rammed up his fundamental orifice.

195. v_maet

It seems the state of Colorado won’t accept the SCOTUS decision and is harrasing the bakery owner for not creating a cake to celebrate a tranny: https://washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/15/christian-baker-vindicated-scotus-back-court-not-b/

196. Calli, tell them to bring their own, or better still – just piss off and take their virtue signalling with them.

197. areff

A man who bashed his victim to death at a house south of Adelaide, before leaving him in a pool of blood with a fruit cake on his head, has been found guilty of murder.

Adelaide, Jake. It’s Adelaide.

198. Driftforge

Dunno. I would probably prefer to be thrown out a window than a red hot poker ‘rammed up my fundamental orifice’.

199. John Constantine

Their abc announce that regardless of the science and law, glyphosate has lost its social licence to be used for crop dessication and crop topping.

Haven’t yet announced the use of glyphosate for hay curing.

Our ability to withdraw social licence through social media is our Strength.

Comrades.

200. John Constantine

The social licence of glyphosate has been irreparably damaged in the minds of consumers.

No longer about residue limits announces their abc, it is about complete absence and zero limits.

[ and there is the hay announcement, redardless of it being a registered legal use, it is over.]

Comrades.

It seems I might be naive re Pennsylvania.

202. Dave in Marybrook

Demo of how out-of-touch their ALPBC is, they keep aping the idea that glyphosate is used for “topping” or “dessication”.
    It’s not. It kills things, brilliantly, translocating from the greenery to the roots.
    I spent years patiently explaining to Farmers’ Market shoppers that of course I don’t use round-up on the spuds, because you don’t get spuds afterwards. And then patiently explaining that I use it whenever I can elsewhere, because it’s cheap, safe, non-residual, and it does what it says on the tin.

203. harrys on the boat

Yep, that’ll work.

C.L.
    #2790628, posted on August 16, 2018 at 12:52 pm
    It seems I might be naive re Pennsylvania.

We only know what is reported.

205. Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)

We only know what is reported.

By a Grand Jury.

Stop being a moron.

206. Death Giraffe

Yep, that’ll work.

Vote for us so we can abolish your country, which was crap to begin with.
    Go with that in the mid terms, dems.

Infidel Tiger 2.0 (Premium Content Subscribers Only)
    #2790640, posted on August 16, 2018 at 1:06 pm
    We only know what is reported.

By a Grand Jury.

Stop being a moron.

A grand jury (12 to 23 people) is a body that investigates criminal conduct. Federal, state and county prosecutors utilize grand juries to decide whether probable cause exists to support criminal charges. ​A regular jury (6 to 12 people) – aka a petit jury – hears only trial cases. A regular jury decides the facts.

208. It seems I might be naive re Pennsylvania.

It beggars belief, CL. The scum and lees must be removed. Reading the litany of abuse is painful and saddening.

209. Gab

defenestration

I thought that meant removing all hair from the body.

I am now better informed.

210. John Constantine

Glyphosate is used after the crop has matured, but while the ryegrass is still green and has vunerable seed.

There has been a quiet realisation that the social licence for this use is running out, but some people insist on doing it while it is still legal.

Spraying the regrowth in and around canola windrows, so the moisture content of the grain isn’t too high.

dover_beach
    #2790644, posted on August 16, 2018 at 1:10 pm
    It seems I might be naive re Pennsylvania.

Allegations yet untested.

212. John Constantine

Spraying the hay crops before cutting, to prevent weed seed set and to prevent regrowth from putting green stems into the hay bales to combust into a shed fire later on.

Glyphosate has a lot of uses.

Spraying on spiky grass seeds in pasture to stop the sheep getting the spiky seeds in their wool.

Social licence is their chosen path of warfare.

Cheap and hysterical and cannot lose.

Comrades.

213. H B Bear

Never question the agrochemical knowledge of someone from Fitzroy who has just ridden their bicycle from their inner city terrace to the weekend farmers market.

214. John Constantine

If only Australia’s political quislings could be defenestrated by this door to door service.

215. A Lurker

Q. What happens when the plebeian and popular zeitgeist moves to the Nationalist Right, but the political class (government/media/academia/big business) stubbornly adheres to the Globalist Left?

216. None

Calli, I happily cook for anyone who has food allergies or some medical issue. I don’t cook for vegans and vegetarians anymore. The rudest most ungrateful guests. But the easiest way to find vegan recipes is from Orthodox websites (Copt, Greek etc) as Orthodox fast regularly and most of their fast days are vegan ( some days they permit fish) and they’ve developed their recipes over hundreds of years, use readily available ingredients and they’ve never heard of disgusting things like tofu.

217. H B Bear

Good policy. Tell them to bring a plate.

A Lurker
    #2790668, posted on August 16, 2018 at 1:30 pm

A Franco arises.

219. Stimpson J. Cat

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    1h
    “WE’RE NOT GOING TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, IT WAS NEVER THAT GREAT.” Can you believe this is the Governor of the Highest Taxed State in the U.S., Andrew Cuomo, having a total meltdown!

220. Chris

A Lurker
    #2790668, posted on August 16, 2018 at 1:30 pm

A Franco arises.

I am predicting targeted killings by leftists. First a few ‘fascists’ then leftist moderates, then the mainstream who are willing to speak up.

Chris