Open Forum: August 18, 2018

1,299 Responses to Open Forum: August 18, 2018

Rake is trivially amusing but a lefty’s wet dream with all these little inserts – female pm, david marr and assorted other abc parasites popping up to comment on the witty proceedings – revealing its true roots.

He wants to be The Environment/Climate Change Saviour

When everyone knows he’s just a naughty boy.

david marr and assorted other abc parasites popping up

Ewww.

4. Mater

Too far back now. Hope I haven’t confused you with Mater (a similar name, if so apologies), but don’t think so.

Not me, Lizzie. I’ve never been to Africa.

Rake is trivially amusing

It looks like it’s become a parody of itself.

6. Crossie

More on Malcolm’s lack of policies on the drought and electricity prices. Nobody in the PM’s office, in his Cabinet or even his circle of friends and acquaintances knows anything about either or even knows anybody who does. They are all removed from not just Liberal voters but the general public, the average Australians. I expect somebody in his orbit to let slip “Let them eat cake” in the near future.

7. Makka

I have few good memories of the place, but then again I wasn’t a customer, to be waited on hand and foot.

Mark,
    We all do. That’s not the issue. It was many months ago. I’m an ignorant redneck racist because I dared to question the value of Lizzie’s knowledge of the average African given her extensive local 5 star hotel and plush game park acquaintances on that continent. It got heated as I recall. I’m all cut up.

8. Tintarella di Luna

Arghhhh just reading that has made me itch – might need to rinse with white vinegar later

9. None

When we lost our phone service due to NBN we didn’t sign up for anything. We’ve been on wireless for years why would you bother being plugged into a wall again.

10. Crossie

egg_
    #2793538, posted on August 19, 2018 at 8:48 pm
    He wants to be The Environment/Climate Change Saviour

When everyone knows he’s just a naughty boy.

Naughty boys are usually entertaining, I have not seen the funny side of any of his actions yet.

11. Crossie

Egg, forgot to add, I recognise the reference.

12. Gary

I don’t identify as a libertarian or conservative Elle. And my wife would tell you I don’t blush easily.

13. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

If someone with quick expertise can find that thread where I was defending my African friends against a stupid attack, and African people in general, I’d be grateful if they would put it up a link. Some months back now. My memory of it is that it was a fairly blatant case of sheer racial prejudice across a whole continent. I agreed that the politics were difficult, basketcase stuff etc, which I am rather pleased to have now found rather less the case than I thought from my previous visits. On that particular thread Johanna stepped in too with a supporting discussion to mine, as both of us regarded such naive views of ‘genetic race’ as rather uninformed. Her elaboration of the issues was very good.

Slurs about me knowing Africans only to tip them are pretty stupid too.

14. Crossie

None
    #2793545, posted on August 19, 2018 at 8:53 pm

We’ve got our land line through the NBN which means when the Internet is down so is the landline. We’ve been thinking of getting rid of it.

15. Makka

Too far back now. Hope I haven’t confused you with Mater … etc etc..

Ok so you’re full of shit. No surprises there. It’s getting about that time, has Hairy beckoned yet?

16. Frank

Oyster forks at twenty paces?

Reminds me, been looking for one of these for ages. Marrow Spoons, the gift for someone that already has everything.

17. Crossie

Paul Murray is just now addressing Liberal MP that Malcolm is dudding them in order to help Labor get elected. Let’s see if any of them are sentient beings.

18. Crossie

Frank
    #2793554, posted on August 19, 2018 at 9:02 pm
    Oyster forks at twenty paces?

I bet Lucy has a set of these in her silver drawer.

19. John Constantine

Satellite delivered 4k television in Australia inside 100 days.

NBN just looks sicker and sicker.

20. .

The NBN will cost over 250 bn AUD and never be completed.

21. Harlequin Decline

Saw smoke being used by the abo’s whilst I was driving down the Tanami 10 years ago.

Passed a blackfella lighting the spinifex and not showing any interest in us. Further on saw a couple of others walking slowly on the side of the road but paying attention. I stopped and asked them if they were OK. I said we couldn’t offer lift as we were chocka ( 4 weeks food, plus 3 people and water in a Prado) but we gave them some water of ours plus containers (they had thrown away their water bottles).

I asked if we could contact anyone for them on the UHF radio or call into their community and tell them to come and get them. They said no worries, their mate had lit a fire back up the road and they were just walking along waiting for someone from the community to notice the smoke, come and see what was going on and hopefully give them a lift back.

Their parting words were ‘pucked if we know where we are out here’

Frank
    #2793554, posted on August 19, 2018 at 9:02 pm

Oyster forks at twenty paces?

They used to be highly regarded on Bargain hunt.

John Constantine
    #2793557, posted on August 19, 2018 at 9:06 pm

Satellite delivered 4k television in Australia inside 100 days.

NBN just looks sicker and sicker.

Kev 07 legacy lives on.

24. John Constantine

“For those who are unaware, 4K is 20 times the definition of standard definition, and four times the definition of HD.

The arrival of Foxtel’s 4K channel is an Australian-first, bringing with it a live 4K experience and an unprecedented way to enjoy sport, documentaries, movies and more through the country’s only guaranteed 4K satellite signal.

Foxtel in 4K will launch in October on channel 444 and will come as part of a Foxtel Platinum HD or Foxtel Sports HD subscription for customers with an iQ4, the company’s new set top box.”

25. Frank

I bet Lucy has a set of these in her silver drawer.

Killed that one then.

26. Mater

Anyone watching this rot on 60 minutes?

27. Makka

The NBN will cost over 250 bn AUD and never be completed.

That’s horrifying. Is that the latest estimate, from where?

28. Empire 5:5

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #2793550, posted on August 19, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Your LARP is showing. Best call it a night, Elizabeth.

29. Geriatric Mayfly

Marrow Spoons, the gift for someone that already has everything.

Splades if you don’t mind. Multifunctional and only sold by purveyors of quality.

30. DrBeauGan

I thought marrow bone jelly was for dogs.

31. None

Yes it’s a pain. The beauty of the old landlines is that they worked with the power is down which is quite frequent here where I live and will even work in a flood for a little while. We kept corded phones as well for that reason and there was sufficient electricity in the old copper lines to keep the dial illuminated in the dark. Useful again during power blackouts at night or other such circumstances. All my elderly relatives who depend on me kept land lines with corded phones for this reason as well. I really ummed and ah’d about the cost of the oldies ringing on the mobile that figures in an emergency no one’s going to care about the cost. On the other hand I had to get some emergency medical care for someone today and had a bit of a panic because my phone charge was low. Destroying our copper telephone network is absolutely unforgivable and it will cost lives if it hasn’t already.

32. min

Any news of the last supper?

33. H B Bear

Rake is trivially amusing
    It looks like it’s become a parody of itself.

It did that a series or two ago. They should have done a Fawlty Towers and hung up their boots after Series 2 but who could say no to all that ALPBC cash funneled through a maaates production company?

34. Empire 5:5

Marrow spoons are like circlip pliers.

One may use the tool rarely, but be grateful for having the right tool when needed.

35. Death Giraffe

From copper to fibre optic and back to smoke signals in about twenty years I reckon.

36. H B Bear

Should it be Bishop who has done a great job in Foreign Affairs even if some in her team still doubt her on economics

Nice of Bucket Guts to pump up The Performing Stick Insect’s tyres. Clearly the Liars don’t rate her (and why would you?). Peanut Head is right where Abbott was in 2013 – just sit back and watch the circus and start working on your election night speech.

37. mh

Lizzie, I remember you guys were arguing about Africans when Milo was out here touring. The Sudanese were rioting in Melbourne outside one of his shows. You said that the Africans needed to be de-programmed from leftism. You also said that they should be told that Milo has a black husband.

Hope that helps.

38. Empire 5:5

James Woods
    @RealJamesWoods
    6h
    Thank God health care will be more affordable. Now when you beat up women, they’ll have better coverage. #KillerKeith

Keith for Attorney General
    @EllisonCampaign
    I was honored to earn the endorsement of the @MinnesotaDFL at today’s State Central Committee meeting.

As your Attorney General, I will fight every day to put families ahead of powerful special interests, make health care more affordable, and make our economy more fair.

39. Death Giraffe

Circlip pliers are for wooses.
    Three screwdrivers, and the persistence to keep trying after stabbing yourself a few times is all you need.

40. None

We you know that Conroy and Rudd were absolutely negligent in coming up with the NBN on the f***** on the back of a serviette but I also think Turnbull was extremely negligent. I remember the push to have Abbott bring Turnbull back into the opposition cabinet and a lot of people thinking communications was a good fit for him because he was sitting around on twitter wanking on about all sorts of technology. The thing is after he became Comms minister he said and did nothing about the NBN for months and months and then a week or so before he was supposed to give a major speech at The Press Club outlining how he was going to solve Labor’s NBN disaster he pissed off to New Zealand – remember the New Zealand p.m. at the time was a mate of Abbott’s – and then he came back and gave a speech that more or less outlined an NBN plan that was lifted from New Zealand. I found this very odd given New Zealand has got different geography, infrastructure, population and data needs. I was always highly suspicious that Turnbull was just dragging his feet spending time on qanda and mooching around the gay bars in his electorate and that onece Abbott got wind of his negligence he sent him over to New Zealand for his mate to help him help Abbott save face. I remember at the time the lefties were out in force on Twitter moaning about their high speed p*** mind you the minute Abbott eventually won the election you never heard them complaining about why they haven’t got the NBN. There was some really dodgy business there I suspect. Call it conspiracy theory but I can’t help thinking that Abbott saved Turnbull’s arse instead of exposing him for the fraud that he is. In the meantime we have a useless piece of s*** for the NBN that will cost 5, 6,10 times as much as what even the useless Labor frauds lumbered us with.

41. Geriatric Mayfly

Any news of the last supper?

Rumour has it that Turnbull has been betrayed for 30 chunks of coal.

42. jupes

Had lunch at the Mundaring Weir Hotel: Lamb on the spit.

We were honoured by the presence of eight or so members of the Austin Seven club, a dozen kangaroos and a flock of 28 parrots.

Superb hotel, great day.

43. None

It’s being quite instructive to watch the rise of Keith Ellison over many years. The guy certainly proves the existence of many useful idiots. Good on James Woods too, for calling him out.

44. GhostWhoVotes @GhostWhoVotes
    #Ipsos Poll Federal 2 Party Preferred: L/NP 45 (-4) ALP 55 (+4) #auspol

Is it on? Surely it should be pretty close to being on.

You just knew it was coming: a snide reference to Trump; smug turds.

46. Empire 5:5

Rumour has it that Turnbull has been betrayed for 30 chunks of coal.

If the left could do humour like this, the ABC might be viewable for half an hour.

I’d still glass it, but.

47. Makka

Woods is brutal. In so few words too.

48. John Constantine

“Telstra competitor Optus has already flagged that it will launch its own 5G services in early 2019, with a focus on fixed wireless 5G services, although it has yet to detail precise locations or pricing for such services. Telstra’s contention is that it wants to deliver a more “holistic” 5G experience.

“It’s called a ‘mobile’ network for a reason,” said Mike Wright. “Absolutely, we’ll have customers using it in the home as their only (fixed wireless) solution, but to get the value we need to leverage the entire network.”

Still, Telstra won’t commit to precisely when in 2019 it will make its 5G network available to consumers, and that’s to do with wanting it to be available across that entire network.

“It’s about having the ability for consumers and businesses to have 5G across multiple use cases,” said Telstra’s Robyn Denholm.

“We believe we’re in the lead in a broad sense. We know that the standards have not been set. Those standards will likely be endorsed in September.”

“Once that standard is set, we can talk about real 5G deployments. In 2019 we’re launching our 5G network, and it will have multiple use cases; it will be deployed over time in major capital cities and regional areas in the 2019 timeframe.”

Dead, cremated and buried. NBN.

No wonder the cable installers are spinning out the installation process so long, it is cheaper to stand around doing nothing than to bury cable that will be bypassed so soon.

NBN installers will be using 5g mobile networks to get their instructions about their next government funded cable installation job before it is all over.

How does it feel to be the smartest man in the room, mr turnbull?.

49. Crossie

Any Liberal who takes Lee Madigan’s advice is an idiot. This is the woman who advised Labor in Longman so she has the Liberals best interest at heart.

50. Chris

Well jupes, the Mundarin Wier pub is a nice spot. Last time we were up there we happened across a market and a truffle festival in Mundaring too. Lots of fun.

51. Makka

#i’mwithmUnty.

Bring it on!

52. Empire 5:5

Circlip pliers are for wooses.

I’m not bleeding (anymore) for a fucking circlip. Those pliers are a prized possession, even if I never use them again.

PM me when you need to borrow them. I’ll meet you at the emergency ward or wherever you’re being stitched up.

53. Crossie

NBN just looks sicker and sicker.

Kev 07 legacy lives on.

Malcolm had a hand in that as well but if NEG goes ahead it will be bigger than anything Kevin has done.

54. None

That news poll is a beautiful set of numbers. Turnbull must go. The trouble is will all the pantswetters then get behind a new leader and prosecute the sort of policies that will connect with the electorate and minimise damage both to the economy and to the Liberals fortunes? The thing is I think it will be too late. A lot of the base is gone and I think it’s gone for good, or it won’t return while all the pants when it is like them oh and pine and all the undergraduate fifth columnists like Zimmerman and Wilson are still around.

55. None

Sorry I meant ipsos poll.

56. John Constantine

Screwdrivers are a suitable circlip removing tool for all those agile enough that, once all the potential energy of the compressed spring is released, they can catch the bastard clip in their teeth not their eyeball.

57. Crossie

Who in their right mind would think she is more acceptable to Liberal voters than Malcolm?

58. Elle

I will repeat it here, None.

None, I was responding to being told I’m a gay Nazi. Humour. It was humour

I am real. Have been published in Quadrant, under a puesodnym. I am not a fake. If my light-hearted posts offend you, I’m sorry.

I don’t like being called a gay Nazi, or told I asked to be spat at because I wore my Star of David because “my people” encourage Muslim immigration.

Crossie MT email company idea now many text sms.

60. None

Brave woman but it seems Victoria Police depend too much on CCTV instead of getting out there in those first few hours burning out shoe leather. The bashing to the face would indicate that this s*** was a real woman hater and had some sort of issue – the sort of guy that will attack again and will probably kill eventually.

61. feelthebern

There will be no challenge.
    The people they are making noises about are a bunch of blowhards.

62. mh

It would be good if SBS could show Dummycrats, instead of endless repeats of the tragically crap Michael Moore movies.

63. .

It is BS Stimpy.

I despise FakeBook, but the law they are enforcing is against the principle of free association.

64. M0nty much as I would love to share your excitement this time I think the leaves only respond to Newspolls.

Maybe. It would certainly cause a lot of chatter.

I am just waiting for the polling to come out about peoples’ views on Dutton. Not sure he is much more popular than your average AFL umpire.

65. None

Too bad. Whereas here in Australia you can advertise for renters who are Asian only or no dogs or whatever, such advertising is illegal in the US and therefore Facebook is engaging in illegal behaviour and I couldn’t be happier to see them get some lawfare. Especially over a nice little social justice warrior favourite: homelessness. Awesome.

66. None

Dutton doesn’t even rate as alternative leader in polling, M0nty. I think he rates lower than Bishop and that’s saying something. He is a good immigration and home affairs minister. Unfortunately he’s also in a marginal seat and targeted for the full get up treatment (partly because he is such a good Immigration minister). Even if he rated as favourite for leadership he’s not a good pic because he is in a marginal.

67. Bruce in WA

Had lunch at the Mundaring Weir Hotel: Lamb on the spit.

Haven’t been there for years. Might be a good motorbike run with Mrs B-in-WA on the back one Sunday …

68. Elle

…because I wore my Star of David and that (not because) “my people” encourage Muslim immigration.

69. jupes

I am just waiting for the polling to come out about peoples’ views on Dutton.

The fact he hasn’t resigned over the nation-destroying NEG says it all.

70. Fisky

Very perceptive comment by Peta Credlin re: Waffleworth’s obsession with relitigating his 2009 defeat by pushing a dumb NEG deal with Labor. He thinks this will somehow reverse the last 10 years of history and wipe the stain of Abbott666 off the body-politic. Poor old Waffles, the man is unteachable!

71. None

I wonder how Bernard Gaynor was case against the New South Wales Gaystapo is going. It goes to show how corrupt Gladys be and her cronies are to allow public service to blatantly flout a high court order.

72. .

Hastie really should have a crack. If he’s half competent he’ll be popular by virtue of his prior employment.

I can’t see the public getting around Dutton, Morrison or Bishop.

73. mh

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2793614, posted on August 19, 2018 at 10:08 pm
    And this is why I like the Japs.
    They just get it.

Love it!

74. jupes

Do it. Plenty of bikes go there. Great place to check out the machinery parked outside.

They started the beast on a spit thing at least 40 years ago and it still is working its arse off. One of the iconic WA pubs.

75. None

It only occurred to me after reading that Credlin column, Fisky, that this was a key reason why Turnbull targeted Credlin. Apart from the fact that Abbott kept her after he took his job and even promoted her, if he could have forced Abbott to sack Credlin he could cry misogynist ( this totally lost on his fellater-in-chief Miranda Devine) but more: he wanted Credlin out because she knew where all the skeletons were buried. After all she was there at the time.

76. Paul Osborne AAP @osbornep
    @couriermail is reporting Dutton didn’t attend Turnbull dinner. Other engagement scheduled. #auspol Also reporting McCormack no longer has numbers in Nationals party room.

It’s DOUBLE on!!!!

77. “When we are about to head back , I’ll send up some smoke. That will put us about 4 or so hours away.Put the kettle on.”

Who put up that smoke? How can you tell?

Lol.
    Who else could it be?

78. Stimpson J. Cat

Elle, maybe take a break.
    Go whip a random hippy or something, you’ll feel better, and come back refreshed.
    Just a suggestion, I would hate to tell a strong independent woman what to do, etc etc….

79. Stimpson J. Cat

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    All of the fools that are so focused on looking only at Russia should start also looking in another direction, China. But in the end, if we are smart, tough and well prepared, we will get along with everyone!
    7:46 PM · Aug 18, 2018

80. .

Also reporting McCormack no longer has numbers in Nationals party room.

Wow, pretty harsh, he’s not been in the job long, no fuck ups and had to receive the Census hospital pass from Kelly O Dwyer.

81. Crossie

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2793614, posted on August 19, 2018 at 10:08 pm
    And this is why I like the Japs.
    They just get it.

What does the text say?

82. jupes

Hastie really should have a crack.

I doubt he will. There is no sense of entitlement for Andrew. He has been concentrating on being a good local member – as he should, he is only holding the seat by a very narrow margin.

Anyway the Libs are toast. I’d like to see Hastie join the Australian Conservatives.

83. mh

Stimpy, I’ve heard that Trump is wildly popular in Japan. Anyone know?

84. None

More interesting about that column is that neither Chris Kenny nor Peta Credlin are conservative. Far from it they’re both as wet as wet can be but they’re Machiavellian enough to know that you can’t win without your base. Chris Kenny however I think would say once you win then you can be left but I think Peta Credlin has got a little bit more integrity than that. I also remember hearing her address a woman’s forum once where she praised Abbott for being a boss who could handle strong women and handle strong women’s opinions u like a lot of the pantswetter Libs.

85. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a Split. Come on Libs, half of you hate the other half’s guts and the feeling is mutual. No use denying it, split now.

86. None

Hastie wouldn’t be so stupid to expend political capital throwing his hat in the ring where it will be thrown right back at him. He is too young, too green, not known by the general public and quite simply hasn’t even got the numbers.

87. Old School Conservative

None
    #2793581, posted on August 19, 2018 at 9:31 pm

Comprehensively denied, overturned and explained away by Conroy with his best mate Bolt last week, over a glass of scotch.
    I of course completely believed him.
    (chokes on his own tears of bitter laughter).

88. Snoopy

I’d like to see Hastie join the Australian Conservatives.

No openings for him there at present. Not unless the AC decided to support him in an HOR seat which aren’t their focus.

89. Elle

Stimpy, I’m not going anywhere. I enjoy it here. Although, I need my editor. Like Bandana man, I love commas just a little bit too much 🙂

90. None

Paul Osborne AAP @osbornep

maybe that’s the polite way of saying Dutton wasn’t invited. McCormack never had the numbers. Remember no one challenged Barnaby until he decided to step down

91. Makka

Abbott allowed Credlin to have far too much influence over him. When he took over as PM , Abbott should have remained his true self the combative one we saw in Opposition. Instead he tried the conciliatory route. We know where that ended.

93. DrBeauGan

None, I was responding to being told I’m a gay Nazi. Humour. It was humour

That is not true, Elle. Nobody called you a gay nazi. I said that I knew nothing about you beyond your posts, and for all I knew, you could be a male homosexual Nazi trying to infiltrate us. That it was unlikely, but I couldn’t rule it out. I also said that I couldn’t rule out Gab, you, Cassie and others being black men living in a shack in Florida. If you read those remarks about the limitations of what we know about each other as a personal attack on you, you’re a) self obsessed and b) semi literate.

You are making things worse by trying to justify mild vulgarity. You obviously took my remark in a humorous vein and tried a riposte which died. No big deal.

You don’t need to justify yourself. Just be yourself. Say whatever you like. If you have low tastes in invective, you aren’t the only one.

We mostly just don’t care. Flirt with wivenhoe, he gets excited by it.

94. None

(chokes on his own tears of bitter laughter).

Ha ha. Next Conroy will tell us that his child was conceived and birthed by its natural parents.

95. Andrew Hastie and Ben Roberts – Smith in Australian Conservatives. I can hear Lefty arseholes puckering from here.

I speak on behalf of all Lefties when I say please, PLEASE don’t let them destroy the Coalition, that would be horrible, you would totally own us, please don’t do that thing.

96. None

Abbott allowed Credlin to have far too much influence over him.

How do you know? In fact I don’t even think Credlin would agree with you there. Her reark was not to say that Abbott did whatever she told him that rather that he wasn’t afraid of people who disagreed with him or expressed really strong opinions to the contrary, not even if they were a woman. One consistent thing I have heard from everybody I know who has actually met Abbott is that he is very much his own man. It’s his greatest strength and as expected also his greatest weakness.

97. Crossie

couriermail is reporting Dutton didn’t attend Turnbull dinner.

So the dinner was not about shoring up support for the damn NEG but about annihilating Malcolm’s enemies.

Malcolm: l’état, c’est moi.

98. Stimpson J. Cat

What does the text say?

I don’t know it’s in that Ethnic jibber jabber.
    I only watch with subtitles.

99. Elle

DrBeauGan, stop feeding this attention slut, as I am am now known. Muah, though. 😚😘

The first act of an Australian Conservative Government will be to deport all Lefty fascist hyenas, their wives, children and as many of their relatives as can be secured, to somewhere where they may experience Lefty principles at their fullest. Venezuela, or North Korea. They will never be allowed, to return, to pollute this fair land of ours.

101. Elle

Destroy the Coalition. Bring back Tony Abbott!

102. DrBeauGan

You’re only muahing me to make wivenhoe jealous, Elle.

103. None

Credlin right on the money
    And looking very fetching I think. I like her hair back like that #girltalk

104. Bruce in WA

I’ve just watched the Wankbank “I’ll never find another you” commercial.

How dare those bloodsucking, mercenary, criminal fucking leeches dare to portray themselves as a caring, warm institution, using a love story to spin their blatant lies!

Screw them to hell and back!

Don’t hold back, now, Bruce! You tell us what you really think!

106. Steve trickler

That’s a good 21:34 of time well spent. No bomb in the belly with this flight.

Immersive.

107. an Australian Conservative Government

That’s about as likely as a DLP government. And would have the same policies.

108. Elle

None, I have met Peta Credlin in person, at a Liberal party function on the north shore. She is indeed fetching- absolutely fetching! #ok2talkgirltalk

Abbott allowed Credlin to have far too much influence over him.

Small target in Opposition, but appeasement as PM.
    Fail.

Credlin right on the money

We’re all wise in hindsight.
    Get your gender blinkers off FFS WRT the horrendous Abbott-Credlin matching luggage partnership.
    Is this thing a Grog sock?

111. Makka

Abbott was his own man in Opposition , certainly. Anything but as PM.

Abbott allowed Credlin too much influence in controlling access to him and in his communications with cabinet. She was allowed to pick and communicate direct with Cabinet staff from the PMO. She had enough influence to manage Margie’s attendance at certain functions. She became a disruptive and interfering distraction. All this alienates powerful players. As it turned out they were a bunch of backstabbing douchebags . If Abbott was on top of things , more engaged, he should have given them the boot. But, he wasn’t the person we elected to Govt sadly.

Just refer to anal sex and the Nonebot will blow a fuse.

113. None

Before Dutton skipped the Last Supper

(How long before Australians don’t even know the referent to that phrase?)

114. Elle

lol, egg.

Bendover, I say to nonebody.

115. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Makka, I am in the middle of the Arctic Sea and I don’t have the time nor inclination to chase back to nonsense you have not denied that you wrote on this site. Go on, tell me I have mistaken you for someone else; then when I do a final check on it, at my convenience, we can reach the truth.

You don’t like me. Fine. I don’t like you either from what I’ve seen so far.
    Leave Hairy out of it.
    He’s five times the man you are.

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #2793550, posted on August 19, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Your LARP is showing. Best call it a night, Elizabeth.

Empire Numero Whatever – I have no idea what a LARP is, but whatever it is it appears to hardly sit with the hour up here in Latitude 70 North. It is 3pm and we have just had lunch.

Thus I think your advice is gratuitous and I do not intend to take it.
    There is though an interesting talk on the history of this area on at 3.15pm
    I shall be attending that. The Germans departed here in 1944 leaving scorched earth.

Perhaps I shall pick up some extra techniques for a little more scorching around here.
    I love the smell of burning egos in the late afternoon. 🙂

116. None

They all had his phone number.

She was allowed to pick and communicate direct with Cabinet staff from the PMO.

Again every cabinet minister in fact
    every backbencher as well had his phone number and if you aren’t going to trust your staff to do the mundane paperwork then don’t bother being minister.

She had enough influence to manage Margie’s attendance at certain functions.

Not unusual. Barnaby’s office also kept his wife abreast of functions and when she would be required. It is when they stopped divulging his calendar that she got suspicious.

117. Elle

You are clearly enjoying your journey, Lizzie. Ignore the haters … as I will do. Look forward to meeting you at a catch-up when you return.

118. DrBeauGan

Just refer to anal sex and the Nonebot will blow a fuse.

I found Pickering’s cartoons of gillard with her strap on funny. Since I have no idea what Elle looks like, I am visualising her as looking like gillard.

Not a pretty sight.

This may be a tad unfair.

119. Elle

More like Nigella Lawson, DrBG. Gillard is a feral Aussie, with no substance.

120. Makka

Leave Hairy out of it.

You posted this just a few hours ago, airhead. You brought Hairy into discussion, as always. This time regarding your foreplay rituals.

You’d be a barrel of fun in bed, Doc.
    Mind you, Da Hairy Ape can also be short on preludes at times.
    Ten minutes before we’re due in, dat’s time for a quickie, Lizzie.
    I heard that Jack Kennedy was the same.
    That’s men for you.
    Always wanting to mess up your hair.

OK, now I will desist and return to being grown up.

Tell us when you return to grownuphood.

121. Elle

Makka and Doc – a tag team. Am sure Lizzie will be laughing out loud at you guys. Can I call you guys? Or does that offend you.

122. mh

Listening to the ABC plugging the latest Spike Lee politically correct flop.

Thank Goodness US blacks are not falling for it:

Black Voter Support For Trump Nearly Doubles To 36%: Rasmussen

Ladies please

It’s not that sort of blog.

124. Makka

None, I gave you my reasons. Don’t agree – that’s ok. I know my reasoning to be correct. I met Abbott 3 times. All were before he became PM. On one occasion I was fortunate enough for just a few minutes one on one chat. Abbott is a very decent person. I like him , a lot. My impression of him is that he is clear minded and unhesitatingly honest, forthright. Old school in many ways. Nobody was more enthusiastic than me for him to become PM. When he did so I was very happy indeed.

When I saw what was unfolding during his term as PM I could not believe it was the same person. I was astounded. Even after a period of adjustment, I couldn’t believe the apparent weakness, the cave ins , the gaffs , poor judgement and how he allowed himself to be manipulated. It wasn’t at all Credlin’s fault by any means. The influence he allowed her in his office was symptomatic of Abbott’s inability to stamp his dominance on his Cabinet and Govt. Abbott squandered such good will while the party around him turned their back on their supporting base. As I and Tint have said, they are salvageable and best destroyed.

Mark Textor suddenly remembers the little people

Don’t tell me they’re triplets.

126. .

From 8% to 36%.

That pretty much makes him a lock.

127. Makka

Err..

They are NOT salvageable and best destroyed.

128. Bruce in WA

Ladies please

It’s not that sort of blog.

Is now.

😀

129. Infidel Tiger

Couldn’t agree more Makka.

Abbott is a genuinely good man who gives his loyalty to all the wrong people.

Sad.

130. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Hope that helps.

Umm, thanks anyway, MH, although a range of comments are somewhat conflated together in your memory. Your remembrance is useful though as it might help me by timelining it with Milo (whom we went to see in Sydney and greatly enjoyed). I don’t think it was Sudanese rioting against one of Milo’s shows in Melbourne; it was home-grown university-educated lefties. I did say that these educated idiots (white idiots) needed to lay off Milo, who should be a man of their dreams, being gay and having just ‘married’ a black man. I may have said on that thread in another context (that of Makka’s nastiness perhaps) that African countries needed to be deprogramed from socialism; that much is true and some are starting to do it.

131. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Meanwhile, the talk here doesn’t start till now, 3.35pm

Abbott is a total arsehole and should be thrown out of parliament. He lied about a lot of policies and signed up to every big spending liars party wank.

And all this while arguing we had a budget emergency.

He’s dead to me.

133. Dave in Marybrook

Credlin: “negosiating”.
    That does it- that I-know-better-than-you pronunciation makes my skin crawl.

134. Baldrick

Elle
    #2793602, posted on August 19, 2018 at 9:54 pm
    I will repeat it here, None.
    None, I was responding to being told I’m a gay Nazi. Humour. It was humour

Always the victim playing your identity politics card. Sorry love, that sort of shite doesn’t wash here.

Couldn’t agree more Makka.

Abbott is a genuinely good man who gives his loyalty to all the wrong people.

Sad.

Dude, he fucked every single person who voted for him.

Being nice in private doesn’t count for a politician. The lying slapper is also supposed to be nice in a private setting. We’re not paying these fucks to be nice one on one. We’re paying them to keep to their public undertakings.

136. Makka

Sure Lizzie. You couldn’t even remember who you were talking to when you put up your diatribe of bullshit , innuendo and fake reporting here.

Now it may be attached to a Milo discussion thread ffs. Something I don’t recall I have ever commented on. May this, might that, somewhat conflated maybe…. Your waffle is meaningless. Get the facts on the board or stfu with the slurs and verbal diarrhoea.

137. DrBeauGan

Abbott is a politician. They are skilled at making people like them one on one. Trouble is they need to be liked.

138. Makka

Dude, he fucked every single person who voted for him.

He did, yep. He had one job….

139. struth

How do you know? In fact I don’t even think Credlin would agree with you there.

Of course not.

140. None

Makka I agree the Abbott made some serious mistakes but you have no evidence that it was because he followed Credlin’s advice. I was a little bit surprised at the first challenge but I think that after that he was just continuously undermined and I can’t blame him getting to the point where he was very defensive at interviews waiting for the next gotcha question and also trying to heard cats as regards his own party. If anything I would have thought that Credlin would have said ignore the bastards but he himself chose to play Mr nice guy.
    I also had a few spits at him on this blog but I also remarked quite a few times just how lazy his frontbench was expecting him to do all the heavy-lifting. Of course now I know why that was the case –
    they were running dead for months and months before they rolled him. I can’t hold him responsible for their treachery. Christopher Pyne certainly doesn’t. He admitted it was all their doing.
    In my own opinion the relentless campaign against Credlin in the press – eg by the Cypriot peasant who fail to disclose her husbands relationship to Turnbull and to the camp that rolled a bit – and the MPS and senators who background at her was A grade bullying particularily as staffers are off limits and are not allowed a public right of reply. She’s an extremely strong woman but that doesn’t mean that she should be denied natural justice or common human decency nor does it mean that she herself is inhuman or doesn’t have a breaking point. I saw her just after Abbott was rolled and I could see just how much they had dragged her down. The campaign to destroy her was unprecedented and unforgivable. You forget too that people like Bishop and Pyne have already confessed to their lies.

141. None

He’s dead to me.

I thought that was Karl Stefanovic.

142. None

On the other hand Makka I agree with you that the Libs are not salvigible (sic).

143. Makka

Which part of this don’t you understand , None.

I haven’t blamed Credlin alone for Abbott’s downfall per se. I have blamed Abbott. She and the influence Abbott allowed her to exert , was a symptom of his shortcomings as PM, IMO. I haven’t forgotten anything. Much of his cabinet were douchebags and perhaps it was all doomed to fail anyway. But Abbott the PM was not the man I elected. He could have and should have done much better by being true to himself . Instead he wanted to be loved.

As JC said, he fucked everyone who voted for him. That’s an accurate assessment.

144. None

And I’m saying Makja that there was no way he could do anything to stamp his authority on a cabinet that was determined to undermine him. His first year was really good – even the title cougar shone – but once the campaign to kill him off was underway and remember it was underway for months there was nothing he could do. His own cabin it was background in against him and the press were playing along. He didn’t stand a chance. It seems I’m the only person here who doesn’t think over is the messiah or should have been.

145. Steve trickler

Before the thread gets placed into the filing cabinet.

Draco!

A mad scramble to replicate this plane is now underway ( no evidence, just a guess). Aircraft manufacturers would have noticed this project from the start.

And it worked.

Kaboom!

146. Makka

He’s the PM. You bet he can do plenty to get his cabinet on the rails. He could start by sacking a few of the gutless wonders and removing them from positions of influence and power. Trouble was he was too busy trying to be liked (succumbing to influence). Both in the Govt and outside. As can be seen, even now he has plenty of support at his back to deal with those slime if he had chosen to.

147. min

Abbott behaved like the parish priest after winning election. Known as a head kicker in opposition he went out to please everyone . Credlin is too smart to have advised that , she knew the left and greens are always going to hate you . Now that Trump has shown how to do it , Abbott did it with Putin , so he can do it and circumstances have changed.
    A smart tactic would be to put in a drover’s dog for the first tilt but plan to have someone else that will catch everyone off guard.

148. None

Makka as p.m. his first duty was to the country. Plus if he had sacked experienced ministers and put in some backbencher in order to appease some factional stooges you can bet your bottom dollar that the public would have told him where to get off. Furthermore one of the best place is to keep your enemies is in the cabinet because cabinet rules require them to support official policy. You get more freedom in the back bench. Abbott is a pragmatist not an ideologue. He takes what victories he can get and doesn’t prosecute any cases he doesn’t think he can win.

149. Makka

Bullshit. Abbott could have done as he pleased in his first term. He had that much goodwill. The base would have backed him. Who would give a shit if Brandis, Pyne , Bishop et al were benched. Not a fk would have been given as long as Abbott communicate his reasoning adequately.

150. None

Let me also point out that Abbptt only got rolled because Turnbull wanted to be p.m. not because the public had deserted him. Abbott has always played the long game so he knew he had plenty of time to turn the polls around and was just systematically working through issues. He was already planning to knock some carbuncles off as he had said a few weeks before he got rolled. Internal party polling had also shown they would win Canning. The minute that polling was evident to insiders, Turnbull knew that he would never become p.m. because Abbott would also win the next election and was on course to become a very long serving p.m. particularly on the back of his boat policy and carbon tax success. He knew that if he didn’t roll him now he would never be p.m. as well because he would be too old. We only have Turnbull because Turnbull felt entitled to be p.m. and we all know how well that worked out.

Bullshit.

152. Makka

No. We have Turnbull as PM now because Abbott allowed the environment in which Turnbull could operate and flourish.Abbott had he juice to deal with Turnbull but did not.

Abbott behaved like the parish priest after winning election.

Yea. He also went to live is some dicey quarters too in order to demonstrate his spartan persona. That was seriously fucking weird. He’s was voted in as PM with a strong majority. No one would have begrudged him staying in a good hotel booking the best room while the residence was being reno’ed.

And we didn’t hear from the fuck for 6 months and when we did he had the obese Armenian fuck announce a tax increase instead of spending cuts.

As I said, he’s dead to me.

154. zyconoclast

John Constantine
    #2793303, posted on August 19, 2018 at 5:02 pm

If yarragrad were to be pompei version 2.0, what exactly would Australia lose?.

3 million ALP voters and most of the Sudanese crime gangs.

Oh yea, his very first action was to appoint that bint, Scott the spoiler to a government job – his political enenemy.

156. Oh come on

If Turnbull is rolled, the government falls and we go to an election.

OCO

What’s the vote split in the lower house. I presume the buckle wouldn’t hang around if he was booted.

158. Oh come on

Not saying that’s a bad thing, by the way.

Abbott isn’t coming back to take over again. That’s madness and it will not happen – not with the numbers in the HoR as they currently stand.

159. zyconoclast

Second rower in a rugby scrum is always a dangerous place to be.

160. Oh come on

It was a seat, wasn’t it?? Whatever, can’t be bothered checking, it’s bugger-all regardless.

Mal will take a few people with him if he goes. You just know he will. He’s exactly that kind of malignant turd.

161. Oh come on

The LP needs to be burnt to the ground. There is no saving it.

Abbott, disappeared from the scene for the best part of the first year.
    That’s why the party acted, he paved the way, by the time he got his act together, sort of, it was too late.
    What we expected was furious activity, re. 18C, the budget emergency and carbon tax.
    Nothing!

When even his greatest supporter, Bolta,was pointing out his shortcomings, he should’ve listened.
    (in all fairness, tho, when your greatest supporter is someone like Bolta, you’re in trouble anyway)

Trying to be liked by everyone only brings you grief, can’t be done.

163. Makka

Un-freaking-believable. Her first media statement she shitcanned him. He lost me when he raised taxes.

Mind you, the writing was on the wall when he needlessly signed up to Gonski and NDIS unconditionally on the eve of the election. You know, Windsor was probably right when he said Abbott would sell his arse to be PM. He certainly did a good job of selling ours.

The more I read about the NEG, the more I’m left speechless. The fucking dickheads have tried to impose price caps to in case power prices went higher.

Hello, you fucking morons, that’s what Venezuela does , thereby creating shortages.

165. Steve trickler

It is still one of the most epic posts of all time.

A nation still drawing 18,000MW in it’s sleep can’t go solar…

166. zyconoclast

Then NFL and the AFL are interchangeably gay.

Do you think he is faking it so he can hang out in the girls dressing room?

From 1:30

167. Cpt Seahawks

I am attempting to send an email to the Prime Minister but I can’t find Lucy listed anywhere.

168. zyconoclast

Fairfax-Ipsos poll: Voter support collapses as Peter Dutton leans towards challenging Malcolm Turnbull

An exclusive Fairfax-Ipsos poll shows the Coalition has suffered a horror slump in its primary vote from 39 to 33 per cent over the past month amid open disputes on energy and speculation over the leadership.

In its worst result since early last year, the Coalition now trails Labor by 45 to 55 per cent in two-party terms in a result that would cost the government more than 20 seats at a general election.

169. Oh come on

Pesty is getting hilarious in his crankery. Every time he pops up with some weird attempt at humour that falls flat, or blurts out some triumphalist bullshit story about one of his penny-dreadful mining stocks, just post “Western civilisation” and he’ll start brandishing his copy of Wilkinson – whoever the fuck that is.

170. zyconoclast

Weep for Brexit: the British dash for independence has failed

Brexiteers, bring out your black suits of mourning. Grieve with private dignity. The quixotic bid for British independence has failed.

171. zyconoclast

Multiculturalism’s an outdated insult

The B.C. political scandal involving public servants allegedly wooing the ethnic vote is a sign of the times. Multiculturalism in Canada is a fraud used for political gains.

The Liberal Party of Canada created multiculturalism in the 1960s to integrate new immigrants into Canadian society. The stated goal was to encourage and celebrate cultural diversity within a bilingual Canada.

But beneath any good intentions was a political strategy to buy ethnic votes. Multiculturalism became a state-financed marketing program. The government used tax dollars to buy photo ops with ethnic leaders – usually in culturally diverse cities such as Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. It would translate into broader support in general elections.

172. zyconoclast

Shadow ban: PagerU immediate 99.9999% drop in Facebook reach

Conservative non-profit group PragerU appears to be facing Facebook censorship, as many recent posts from group are suffering from a 99.9999 percent drop in engagement based on Facebook’s own dashboard. The Social Media Masters of the Universe also pulled down two PragerU videos, which it labeled “hate speech.”

173. None

Abbott, disappeared from the scene for the best part of the first year.
    Nothing!

Part of the LNP winning strategy as advised by Mark Textor was to go slow. The public had tired of the Rudd Gillard Rudd clown show with pressers every day and always some sort of catastrophe. The advice Tex gave was the more frenetic Labor was the calmer and slower the Lubs should be. They were to be the adults – remember all that? Yes it is true that he went quiet for the first few months, took far too long to sort out their staffing but they were certainly trying to disentangle the photios group and some of the nepotism which he did manage to do- it was Turnbull that let them back in when he became p.m. But he also had a few things to deal with in the first few months not least his first budget, stopping the boat’s blah blah. He also had to do a quick repair job with Indonesia following the Rudd spy scandal excetera excetera. In fact he didn’t put a foot wrong with foreign policy and did a lot of good repairing relationsips with our neighbours and he definitely needed the endos on side for Operation Sovereign Borders to work. Now you could argue that he should not have taken a step back because that creates a sort of vacuum where others could sleep in but on the other hand I personally was really quite happy not have his mug on the front page every day as I certainly got tired of waking up every morning with Gillard’s mug on the front page and wondering what now
    18 c was a huge disappointment but I don’t think that the Senate would have passed it. I think he was absolutely stupid to cite that group of 15 ethnics groups as a reason not to try and they seem to be the same group who just talked NSW into criminalising speech in New South Wales. That’s the group led by that J*wish guy and his group in cahoots with Islamists, Gaystapo and other unsavouries. Brandis also let him down but he also was a snake. I could go on but yes the Libs are irredeemable what needs to be done now is stopping the NEG and keeping all the lunatics away from parliament.

174. Cpt Seahawks

I’m not so sure that the ‘great awakening’ agrees with that particular article. Thanks for the link.

175. None

That brexiteer article is really depressing. Fuck every government that works against its people.

176. None

Lack of Integration of Migrant Children Sees German School Standards Decline http://bit.ly/2OLvurp BreitbartNews

177. None

Good to see Malcolm Roberts still trolls the Greens https://mobile.twitter.com/MRobertsQLD/status/1031159530342608896

And oh what irony having Koutsantonis, who along with Weatherill, destroyed South Australia, write this

178. None

The perverse way Trump will be responsible for Turnbull’s downfall. Trump is God.

This isn’t good, none. Buckle failing isn’t good because it means the libs have failed and it ushers in the liars party. Save your cartwheels for another time.

180. None

Victorian Coalition telling the feds to fix the school funding mess; useless Gladys telling her mps to distance themselves from the feds (when really they should be distancing themselves from her), the Australian front page noting that even Turnbull’s allies think he’s useless; also reminding him of his promise to leave parliament if he loses the prime ministership. The Daily Telegraph is just about dancing on his political grave. Still, they’re going to have to blast Turnbull out. Le dieu, c’est lui. Il n’a jamais tort.

181. None

This isn’t good, none.

I know it isn’t JC but if politics is downstream from culture, then our problems are a little bit bigger than just Malcolm.

182. Zatara

Thank Goodness US blacks are not falling for it:

Black Voter Support For Trump Nearly Doubles To 36%: Rasmussen

African American business owners are on the rise. According to the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, the number of black-owned small businesses in the U.S. increased by a staggering 400% in a year-over-year time period from 2017 to 2018.

183. BorisG

Trump: we are now in period with Mueller and his gang that make Joseph McCarthy look like a baby! Rigged Witch Hunt!

Looks like trump does believe mccarthism was also a witchhunt. Unlike some distinguished Cats.

184. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

It wasn’t on a separate thread, but an Open Thread, Makka. I am fairly sure it was with you, but I have previously confused your name with Mater’s so I was polite and honest enough to say so. I know one, or the other, or both, of you men have been combatting cancer too. I have seen Hairy do that, and wish you well with it.

You are patently an aggro person. You have attacked me previously re Africa and African people, and you attacked me earlier above, with your ‘make an effort’ comment. Now you are attacking my writing style and anything else you can find about me to denigrate: I was recalling a set of comments not creating a ‘fake diatribe’. The comments were made; I am interested in that you now seem to deny making them. We can see if they were ‘fake’ and also their authorship. Meanwhile, I’m having a holiday and can do without people like you being an irritant on a blog.

I will fly your true colours when I catch up with them (I am becoming more certain they are attributable to you), but will not be chasing back months yet to do so. You may live in fear that I may one day do so. Or you can apologise to me, call it quits, and let’s get back to more civility in this place. This means tolerating the styles and personalities of many people.

Including women, who are approximately 50% of the biological population and whose identity is unquestionably different. To say so is not to be an identity witterer, nor should saying so bring out the tar brush in others, including some women behaving like the big girls at school leading the awful race towards ‘we are exactly the same as men’ so shut up. We are not exactly the same, the differences do matter, and some of us will not be silenced about that. Accommodation to each other as sexual traditionally-gendered beings is central to the continuance of culture and the species. If we can’t say that here, then we really are done.

I tried to to extract a Johannes Leak cartoon from the dysfunctional Paywallian website, which hung up my laptop for half an hour until I pissed it off to allow my day to resume. It is a cartoon about nothing in particular from the latest gossip in the Paywallian’s Media Maaaates Diary. I’m so sorry Johannes has been directed to illustrate that pointless dribble, which hasn’t broken a story since Sharri Markson left two years ago.

Jon Tester is the piece of shit who smeared White House physician rear admiral Ronny Jackson after he nominated – and withdrew because of the smear – to run the US Veterans Affairs administration. He is also a Dems senator representing Montana, beloved home of Ben Garrison, and is seeking re-election in November.

Mark Knight! That is an electrifying rendition of Dutton.

188. Elle, I rarely say anything here, but your recent hysterics here have forced my hand. Elle I think you are a disruptive troll who takes great delight in sh1tting all over this fine site.
    Take Stimpy’s advice and give it a rest.
    Please.

189. Gab

Oi! Leave me out of this boring and what seems like an eternal brouhaha.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, you racist etc.

190. Tintarella di Luna

I personally spoke to Abbott about that and he said he did that at Julie Bishop’s insistence. I said did you have to? Abbott was white-anted by Turnbull the Termite from the moment in 2009 that he became Leader of the Opposition (and the Turnbull white-anting would have been against anyone who’d become leader tha’s what Turnbull is so good at) Remember Abbott was not the instigator of the spill and wasn’t even in the first round. Abbott won by one vote but after the 2010 election he was elected unopposed.

The Turnbull Treason Team bided their time until he’d worked himself to a standstill to win the 2013 election by a landslide, then the coat-tailers continued their white-anting – unfortunately Abbott tried to appease the Termites – big mistake.

191. Tintarella di Luna

The LP needs to be burnt to the ground. There is no saving it.

totally agree

192. Tintarella di Luna

Trying to be liked by everyone only brings you grief, can’t be done.

Niccolo Machiavelli: It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. Abbott also should have followed Niccolo’s advice on what to do with an enemy – boric acid for termites

193. Gary

New thread soon and hopefully with 90% less emotion.

194. John Constantine

Couple of crisp degrees of frost this morning.
    Sort of weather makes it good the shearing team for held up with a bad week.
    Frost no real risk to grain crops for a bit, but a reminder of the whole package of debacle a dry year holds.

195. John Constantine

Shorten getting in by the green vote that takes turnbulls seat once he quits, then having trouble in the Senate going full looting until the election next year.

Months of filth are survivable, not a decade of occupation.

196. Elle

Mark Knight today, Tom. Very clever toon.
    Thank you.

197. Elle

Not sure how I’ve been disruptive, Wade. All I’ve done is defend myself against a bunch of bullies. Thank you for your comment though.

198. TC

Critics of Abbott’s activity in the first six months should rember the WA senate re-election . There would have been plenty of pressure not to rock the boat until that was done .

Even worse when you consider this is coming from a government pretending to represent the tradition of liberalism. At least in Venezuela they first said, “We are gonna do socialism!” and then the suckers voted for it. So they got what they asked for (good-n-hard as the saying goes). In Australia the voters gave a massive majority to Tony Abbott when he said, “Let’s NOT do socialism!” but hey we got the same shit anyhow.

200. .

Maybe Mal is a conservative/libertarian genius. The LP needed destruction before he was PM.

More likely, government is nearly always invariably authoritarian and socialist.

201. Gary

Dot even the smallest social club become authoritarian over time.

Knight for today, Tom.

On the leadership issue, I expect Maolcolm to Captain Smith the Libs to the bottom. The scarce lifeboats are already full of useless time-servers, while anyone of any future worth has already lost their seat.

It’s over.

203. OldOzzie

Turnbull “Dead Man Walking”

Graham Richardson: Malcolm Turnbull’s government is in terminal decay

Malcolm Turnbull is a dead man walking: the only question on his leadership is whether it will be taken out first by the electorate or the Liberal Party caucus.

It no longer really matters whether his caucus finally finds the courage to put up a candidate or indeed whether anyone besides Peter Dutton suffers a sudden ­attack of courage. The fact is that Turnbull has made such a mess of his job as Prime Minister that any replacement can only become a sacrificial lamb whimpering on its way to the slaughterhouse.

The PM could not have been more effective in his task if his ­primary aim had been to destroy the Liberal Party from the grassroots to the top of the tree.

How the Liberal Party ever thought that a person who had sat in my office in the early 1990s and begged to be placed on the Labor Senate ticket could ever be a true Liberal, let alone lead the party, is beyond me.

Turnbull never belonged to the Liberal tribe. His every thought has been for himself and the blind loyalty shown to him by good ­people such as Scott Morrison, Josh Frydenberg, Julie Bishop and company has been all placed on a man who never really shored-up their faith. Why all of them merely looked on as spectators as the ­Liberal Party members and fellow travellers left in droves will always be a mystery to me.

What he did demonstrate last week is that he really stands for nothing.
    There is no principle or policy that matters enough to our PM that he won’t discard or jettison to cling on to his job.

The former leader of the republican movement no longer even mentions the issue. He stood for climate change once but ditched it as more of his colleagues threatened to cross the floor.

It is a delicious irony to Bill Shorten that without Labor support, the national energy guarantee is dead and buried.

The PM has invested most of his time of late telling Australia that Shorten cannot be trusted. Shorten has survived the slurs in good shape while the man who cast all the stones in his direction is about to lose his job.

One of Turnbull’s biggest cop-outs was on show last week when he announced he would not even legislate for his modest 26 per cent renewables policy after his party rebels refused to back down and their numbers continued to swell.

Now the Liberals will look at who should take over. Should it be Morrison, who has been used and abused by Turnbull? Should it be Dutton, who is the natural candidate of the Right but always ­appears angry? Should it be Bishop, who has done a great job in foreign affairs even if some in her team still doubt her on economics. It won’t be Tony Abbott, probably the only one who could bring back the rank and file and actually boost morale.

It is hard to remember a time when a government looked in such terminal decay.

If the Liberals don’t throw Turnbull out, they deserve the massacre that will come. The party desperately needs to find someone prepared to ­arrest the slide or face a long, long period in the wilderness.

204. Herodotus

The ABC’s Scientific Fraud

Dr. Carl with the long Polish name gets a spot where he allegedly explains some scientific factoid or other. His latest gig was to riff on how much the sea level might rise or fall by floating all the world’s shipping – or removing it.
    He explained that sea levels were rising due to “the warming of the oceans causing expansion” and by “glaciers melting and adding to the volume”.
    Removing all the ships, he said, would reduce the sea level by about 6 millionths of a metre, and amount that would be raised again in one day by the climate change factors above.

Shut it down. Fire them all.

205. OldOzzie

Steve trickler
    #2793698, posted on August 20, 2018 at 12:07 am

Before the thread gets placed into the filing cabinet.

Draco!

I watched the original 29 Min 23 sec video on

DRACO – The Most Badass Monster Bush Plane EVER!

and it was amazing the modifications the Guy had done to the Draco – What a Plane

It also motivated me as a Frustrated Badly Colourblind Flyer (1st job I applied for was Cadet Pilot Qantas – but obviously failed the Ishihara Dot Test Badly) who has siince spen a lifetime flying ,to chase up Bucket List Oshkosh Airshow and it is the 50th Anniversary next year

Thinking of taking Potential Pilot Grandson

206. Cassie of Sydney

“None
    #2793729, posted on August 20, 2018 at 1:44 am
    Abbott, disappeared from the scene for the best part of the first year.
    Nothing!

We probably need a double dissolution and a huge clean out but I can’t see any great crop of MPS coming through. Politics is now for the apparatchiks and the no hopers who see an MP or Senate job as a quick way to make a few bucks. We’re f*****.”

There is a lot of truth in what you write. However, I would also argue that once elected, Abbott lost his nerve. I could see it. There was absolutely no excuse for Abbott and Hockey to go MIA for the first 6 months leading up to that first budget. He and Hockey should have been out and about SPRUIKING the need for budget repair. They weren’t. Instead it was all quiet on the western front. As for the senate and having to deal with slags such as Lambie and co. I believe that when that first budget was blocked, Abbott and the Libs should have called a double dissolution.

Anyway, the big problem with Abbott was that he refused to engage in the culture war with the dregs known as the left. Abbott remained too polite, too dignified, too wimpy and too flaccid when dealing with the scum known as the left in this country. It was like he was perpetually bewildered with the viciousness that flowed from the ABC, from Fauxfax and from the leftist middle class parasites that infect this country. I mean, for heavens sake, even Abbott’s daughter had her private details hacked by a skanky marxist journalist student. What did Abbott say? Nothing. He should have used that as an example of how degraded the left are. Abbott should have constantly confronted the bias in the press, just as Trump does. Instead he was constantly mute. It was terrible. Has he learnt anything? I don’t know. Abbott’s term preceded Trump so he didn’t have the example of Trump however he does now. Tony Abbott is a formidable campaigner and the Liberal party need that, particularly after the joke of Lord Waffler. Tony Abbot is also popular in seats that are needed to win elections, that is the marginal mortgage belt seats on the outskirts of the big cities where people are genuinely worried about the cost of electricity. Tony Abbott is not popular in the trendy inner city hipster bullshit areas of the major cities but so what….elections are not won and lost in these areas. That was the Liberal party’s biggest mistake, installing a cretinous leftist so as to try to and court people who will NEVER vote for them anyway, despite these same people always saying “oh we like Malcolm, if he was PM we would vote for them”. Malcolm’s Turdbull’s popularity was all an illusion. It is time for the Liberal party to grow some balls and say to Turdbull and the inner city hypocrite Green voting scum and the ABC and Fauxfax, FUCK OFF…we stand for the ordinary person in this country.

207. Rohan

Tintarella di Luna
    #2793762, posted on August 20, 2018 at 6:14 am

Even better, pyrethroids like bifenthrin. Termites simply wont eat boron treated timber. They do eat pyrethroid treated wood, but live long enough to unwittingly take it back to its nest and kills the whole lot. Queen and all.

Its what Trumbal and his minions need in spades.

NADT

208. Helen

I didnt have a problem with the Knighthood. I thought it was a fitting honour to a man who had been so honoured by every other country in the CWTH, awarding him their highest gong. Buckingham palace asked him to do so, and Prince Phillip has done much good and thouroughly deserved it.

However, his enemies made much of it, and the whiteanters salivated, when the party should have said, look, we dont want to be the only country who has NOT done this for Phil, he has done so much for us all and it is fitting that we should join with all the other CWTH countries in aknowledging his service.

It was fitting, but it was twisted along with the knife already in his back.

209. Diogenes

Remember at the time , Abbott could have personally found a 100% successful cure for all cancers with no side effects that cost $5 a treatment & it would have been spun as “Abbott wants to sack nurses and cut hospital funding”

210. Farmer Gez

Dr Carl and Raff Epstein on ABC radio the other day were so certain of anthropogenic climate change that no sensible debate could be had with a caller, who doubted.
    “When did you stop beating your wife arguement” Carl stated.
    I’ve haven’t got a bloody clue what he meant by that.
    Carl could tell us a few certain things.
    What is the trigger for ENSO events?
    Why do we have high ice clouds st polar latitudes when they shouldn’t exist?
    Where is the graph for atmospheric water vapour that matches the CO2 rise?
    Why has the climate sensitivity factor been adjusted over the years if there is certainty?
    Why the fuck do we pay for a scientific circus act like Carl?

211. Helen

Yes Diogenes and dont foerget – Abbtt ate an onion.

212. OldOzzie

Sorry 20 Min 36 Sec

I watched the original 29 Min 23 sec video on

DRACO – The Most Badass Monster Bush Plane EVER!

213. Dave in Marybrook

One blessing might be that the left’s fear of Dutton will give us some time off A666ott Derangement Syndrome for a few days…

Much as I can’t stand Trumble and have no doubt he wouls have shopped himself around, the pyromaniac Richo needs to get his story straight.
    A few months back he said on PML that the approach happened after the Republican Referendum in 1998. Now he says it was the “early 1990’s”.

215. Entropy

Right in the middle of the Qld election. The knighthood brouhaha and that drooling idiot Hockey speculating about increasing the GST killed any chance of Campbell Newman being re-elected. It made his own work certain.

216. Helen

Maybe both times, Leigh? I guess more will out in the coming days.

Didn’t Gough want to be a liberal?

217. Helen

I guess the timing wasnt good, then Entropy, could have waited til after.

There were also back stabby people after Newman, too, so it might not have made much of a difference.

Helen

#2793799, posted on August 20, 2018 at 8:11 am

Maybe both times, Leigh? I guess more will out in the coming days.

Possibly two approaches but Richo’s war stories do come across as a bit “embellished” at times.

219. Caveman

Dont get too hard on Richo hes not all there.

220. Boambee John

TC
    #2793769, posted on August 20, 2018 at 6:45 am

And that would not have been necessary had their AEC not lost over 1000nl ballot papers.

FFF, the things were huge. A thousand would have been the bulk of 6 or 7 reams of paper.

Could have been two approaches, LL.

Tinta’s Termite is a determined bugger.

Sorry. Shoulda refreshed.

223. And then there was the knighthood….I mean, why give your enemies a gun to shoot you with?

Not at all. Exactly what Helen said. If you are going to allow the liberal clerisy to determine your positions they have already won without taking the field. It also makes no sense against the background of complaint about his failure to repeal 18C which would have always have been painted by the liberal clerisy as ‘support for racism’.

Lastly, I’m surprised that people are not willing to give Abbott another go given what’s available, etc. and even more surprised given that some of these same people were willing to give Turnbull one even after his appalling time as OL and support for Rudd’s CPRS and his treachery in Cabinet.

Let me spell it out for you, Graham: They’re mostly LINOs.

Can a kindly Cat please refresh my memory? Didn’t the Abbott government have a hostile Senate?

226. lotocoti

I’m beginning to suspect that the Turnbull Coalition Winning Team
    will never reach peak Potential Greatness.

Cassie of Sydney

#2793784, posted on August 20, 2018 at 7:27 am

A reasonable summation. Trump has shown the only way to deal with the lunatics and brats of the left; and even he could do more: sessions, Rosenstein and mueller pissed off for instance. Abbott is gentleman and he needs top realise he’s dealing with people with no rules.

228. Cassie of Sydney

“calli
    #2793808, posted on August 20, 2018 at 8:27 am
    Sorry. Shoulda refreshed.

I suspect Richo embellishes the “safe” stories, yet remains strangely silent on the most interesting, incendiary ones.”

Agree, Richo remains very silent on the interesting and incendiary stores to do with himself. Hmmm, wonder why?

Erk. Prissy Chryme’s mug just appeared on Seven. His lips were moving so I didn’t bother listening to his lies.

On the Titanic image, I’m picturing him in the lifeboat as Ismay, disguised as a woman. And The Stabber, shawl over her cowering head but a smile on her face. And in the distance all the rescuing steamships, each with the name of a Quango on the prow.

The Termite, of course, stands on the sinking stern, arms spread, still imagining he’s the King of the World.

230. min

Like I said Abbott behaved in the manner of his early training.
    However Turnbull remains the same . My first dealings with his MO was HIH, lazy no follow through and waffling around trying to make himself look good , no substance. A very damaged man as a result of his mother walking out on him, Lucy has replaced her that his why he is so reliant on her . Narcissists tend to have shallow relationships never long lasting , this maybe true of people he has worked with he certainly has left a trail of disaster in business. Narcisisstic rage when one is brought down , self esteem issues rather than not accepting failure and keeping self respect and acceptance leads to passive aggressive behaviour such as the leaking and undermining . This time the rage will be an implosion unless he gets UN job .
    Josh Frydenberg is the one I cannot understand, he is loyal, his mentor was the brother of a friend, but when he is up to his eyeballs lying for Malcolm , ignoring advice of Chief Scientist, ignoring Turnbull’s statements that emissions cannot be lowered without cost, common sense has gone with the hair. Reef money and whose idea it was will be more undoing for him as he covered for Malcolm over that. He must be into self sabotage.

231. H B Bear

Hockey was an albatross around the Abbott government from day one, the day they should have sacked Martin Parkinson and didn’t.

232. Robber Baron

Dear Cats, have some sympathy for Turnbull and Essendon supporters on this blog…it’s going to be a lonely September. Both look unlikely to be there.