Monday Forum: January 7, 2019

1,277 Responses to Monday Forum: January 7, 2019

1. Armadillo

He’s fucked up every single thing he’s tried in his life. Teaching, Apricot growing, pudding making and jogging. And that’s only the shit he admits to. The actual list would be long. Really long.

2. Armadillo

The fucker can’t even speak Australian. Greg Chappell had the right idea. In a just world, he would be a national hero.

3. Armadillo

The visiting Indians should have got the same treatment. Bowl after bowl. Over after over.

Always escalate.

4. Armadillo

That or just stand at the wicket and peg it at the batsmen as hard as you can.

Murali got away with it for years. Fairs fair.

5. Armadillo

Pretending to bowl like a Spazo had the umpires fooled. The entire Australian team could have pulled that off, no worries. Not a question would have been asked. We could have clocked up 5 wins, and credited to “inclusion”.

6. Armadillo

Cricket, Rugby and Swimming need to be downgraded to the Disabled Olympics. It’s our only chance of gold, silver or bronze.

7. Armadillo

The fascists in Victoria had this worked out years ago with the VFL. Run around in tiny pants, kick a ball between a couple of sticks and pretend you are world champions of a sport no one in the world actually plays.

8. Armadillo

It’s an incredibly stupid game when you think about it.

9. Armadillo

You can’t even go there to watch the idiocy and have a real beer. What about a smoke? You can’t even sledge from the stands. Someone might get offended.

This is where it’s at. This is what we have become. Hang your collective heads in shame.

10. Armadillo

The only way to restore our National Sporting prestige is to make every stadium in the country a “Mens Only” zone. No Sheliahs. No Sheliah kids.

Full strength beer, smoking and let these useless primadonna arsehats know what we really think of them. Booing should be encouraged.

The cheerleaders, beer wenches and Sheilahs serving $3 pies or sausage sangers can stay.

11. Armadillo

Feminism and leftism has destroyed our nation. No doubt about it.

12. Armadillo

Anyone ever pondered why mOnster is into “Fantasy Football”?

13. Armadillo

No one ever used to get sent off for a head high tackle. You got a couple of warnings and gave the ref some lip.

14. Armadillo

Your team mates were pissed off because you gave away a penalty.

15. Armadillo

“Fantasy Football”. How happy is that.

16. Armadillo

Pretty sure there might be pattern developing here. Sheliahs intruding into our lives.

17. Armadillo

I wasn’t even close to 60, Bespoke.

18. Armadillo

I’ll continue my rant regardless.

19. Armadillo

I’ve never shown up to a CWA meeting. I wouldn’t want to. That’s Sheilah business. Let them “do whatever the hell it is that they do”.

20. Jannie

Detecting a pattern here.

21. Armadillo

I’ve constantly protested about having to go to Miss A’s “Dance Estiedfords”. Every single time. I don’t want to be there . Nor does any other bloke. It’s shit.

22. Armadillo

I’ll pick you up or drop you off to lessons. I’m not interested in whatever “Miss so and so said”. It’s always bitchy. I’m not in the least bit interested.

23. Armadillo

Parent/teacher nights? Please fucking spare me. As if I want to talk to some moron who scored 250 in their HSC and you believe is the font of all knowledge.

24. Armadillo

Parent/teacher night would have to be the worst. Your kid is probably 100 IQ points above the teacher, but they are still young and gullible.

25. Armadillo

Being lectured to by a Sheliah kid is also infuriating. Causing them to cry because you calmly explain reality only gets you in shit with the missus. Don’t blame the hormones, I’m just telling her about life as it is. It’s not fairy land. Of course, that’s wrong. I’m wrong. You really can’t win.

26. Armadillo

I have 5 sisters, so I’m familiar with “sheliah Land”. Up is down, left is right. Right is wrong.

Thank God for a brother, father and good mates. It’s a jungle out there.

27. Armadillo

Getting schooled by Nuns is another matter all together. They were Josephine’s (the nasty ones). Whipping an innocent child into submission was all in a mornings work. Even the parish priest was wary. It’s no wonder he was an alcoholic. As was his predecessor. And his replacements.

I’ll wait for the blog hijacker to finish before I post ‘toons.

Armadillo
    #2901414, posted on January 8, 2019 at 4:58 am

Those are the good ones Arma.

here s a variant of the Model A you so dislike.
    They go on for ever.

You’re not gonna make even 30 with these spoilers around so I thought I post in between yours.

30. Armadillo

I made the mistake of “calling in for coffe” with Mrs A’s friends once. Never again. Her friend was married to a beta. Dickhead was walking around offering biscuits and shit. I’m sitting there wondering where the beer fridge was. He never even offered.

Tom
    #2901415, posted on January 8, 2019 at 5:02 am

I’ll wait for the blog hijacker to finish before I post ‘toons.

Oh com’on Tom, you just saying that bc you’re not ready with them.

32. Armadillo

I’ll wait for the blog hijacker to finish before I post ‘toons.

Go ahead. I could be here ages.

Mark A, I’ve been working on toons for over two hours. Slim pickings at this time of year because many of the usual sources have dried up.

34. Armadillo

here s a variant of the Model A you so dislike.

I’m unsurprised the Soviets liked them.

35. Armadillo

There aren’t many Sheliah cartoonists. Very few.

36. Armadillo

We could have played a game of Monopoly since Toms last post.

37. Armadillo

Tom, get your act together.

After you fuck off, Armadillo.

39. Armadillo

I’m surprised no one has invented “Virtual Monopoly”. Someone needs to get onto it. Quick smart.

40. Armadillo

After you fuck off, Armadillo.

What’s your ETA? I’ll clear a space for you.

41. bespoke

Cassie of Sydney

Iv worked with two neo-Nazis (real ones not alleged). One was a relief teacher and the discussion was centred around trivial number discrepancy’s and wold dominance. Since I only have an slightly above average casual interest the best I could do is to focus on the petty jealousy. The second one was a young bloke who said when I asked him about his tats said he wonted to put it behind him and focus on razing his little girl.

I think your focus on the circumstances that leads to such resentment rather then shutting them down has a better chance of changing minds and remember your not alone.

42. Armadillo

Tom seems rather irritated this morning.

bespoke
    #2901429, posted on January 8, 2019 at 5:35 am

Cassie of Sydney

Repeat that in English please.
    Not trying to be funny or nasty (never am) but what are you talking about?

44. Armadillo

I’m off. Enjoy your day.

45. bespoke

Repeat that in English please.

I get that a lot Mark but that the best I can do.

this bit I don’t get, where does the petty jealousy come into it?

I’m p…g off too Tom if that’s what holding you up, but I wouldn’t put it past Arma to jump in, LOL

48. bespoke

That they dominate in the higher institutions Mark. My answer was then you should copy them rather then doing the weak option of banning. I’m better voicing my opinion then typing. I also pointed out that socialist mentality is based in jealousy to gain power.

From the Whinging Old Bastards Unhacked
    Must admit, it nearly took me in, when I should know better.

Sorry Facebook friends, I need to rant about this. I experienced the WORST customer service last night at my local shop. I don’t want to mention the name of the shop because I’m not in the habit of publicly rubbishing people or business’s. (Even if they DO deserve it).
    Thursday afternoon I bought something from this shop. I paid cash for it. I took it home and found out it didn’t work. So last night less than 24 hours later I took it back to the shop and asked if I could get a refund. The girl in the shop told me NO even though I still had the receipt. I asked if I could get a FREE replacement instead then. Again this person told me “NO.” I asked to talk to a manager now as really not happy and I explained that I had just bought the item had got it home and it didn’t work. The manager just smiled and told me to my face that I was “OUT OF LUCK.” No refund. No FREE replacement. Grrrrrrrrr.
    I’ll tell you what…I am NEVER buying another National Lottery Scratch card at that shop again.

Interesting parallel of Zanetti and Ramirez this morning. Maybe Dan the Man should invite Nancy to visit Yarragrad.

51. Myrddin Seren

Just caught the CEO of the NRMA on Nein being questioned about the strategic reserve situation ( or lack thereof ) on fuel supplies here.

When asked what sort of situation might a strategic reserve be useful in he said tension or confrontation in the South China Sea ( no brainer ) or a catastrophic climate change event off the coast of Australia (?! ).

He said this.

This is dogma amongst the corporatist classes.

We truely are the most gullible people in the developed world – as boiler room scammers all across Asia have figured out to their profit.

a catastrophic climate change event off the coast of Australia (?! ).

A swarm of unicorn farts?

53. Rohan

a catastrophic climate change event off the coast of Australia (?! ).

Yeah I saw that too. No one suggested at all that we start extracting and refining our own oil for self supply. Because Gaia or something.

Fears over killer new drug Monkey Dust
    ALEKS DEVIC, Herald Sun
    January 7, 2019 8:35pm

EXCLUSIVE: A disturbing new drug called “monkey dust”, which is being passed off as ecstasy on dancefloors and at music festivals nationwide, has triggered a major health alert.

Authorities warn the cheap and potentially lethal drug, also known as bath salts or MDPV, can cause psychosis.

Its hallucinogenic effects are so strong, some users believe they are superhuman and jump off buildings or in front of cars, or bang their heads into walls.

A dose of salts?

Armadillo! [taps foot]

Although this was good

Is anyone getting sued tonight? That was childish. Time to crank it up to death threats.

Agreed. Makes you feel right at home.

Million face tax sting under Shorten plan

exclusive
    Adam Creighton
    Economics Editor
    @Adam_Creighton
    Rosie Lewis
    Reporter
    @rosieslewis
    12:00AM January 8, 2019
    64 Comments

More than a million Australians would pay the top tax rate within six years — nearly double the current number — if Labor won government and followed through with its promise to reverse the planned increase of the top marginal tax threshold to $200,000.

Even under the government’s tax plan, the number of Australians paying the top marginal tax rate is set to increase 41 per cent to 820,000 by 2024-25, according to Treasury modelling obtained by The Australian, as bracket creep pushes more workers into higher tax bands.

Josh Frydenberg seized on new Treasury figures yesterday to attack Labor’s promise to lift the top marginal tax rate to 49 per cent and pointed to remarks Bill Shorten made as leader of the Australian Workers Union in 2005 calling for the rate to be slashed from 47c to 30c in the dollar. “Not that long ago an ambitious Bill Shorten championed a top marginal tax rate of 30 per cent but now in a complete backflip he is promising to increase the top rate to 49 per cent to pay for reckless spending promises,” the Treasurer said.

“At 49c in the dollar, Aus­tralia’s top marginal rate would be above the US, United Kingdom, and New Zealand and would be one of the highest rates in the world, and cut in at around 2.2 times the average full-time earnings compared to four times in Canada and eight times in the US.”

Labor plans to reintroduce the 2 per cent temporary budget ­repair levy, which the Coalition removed in July 2017, until it deems the federal budget is in “sustainable, healthy surplus”.

It estimates this will be achieved in 2022-23 but will provide updated budget projections after the pre-election economic and fiscal outlook is handed down.

“Labor has been upfront with its plans to have a budget repair levy in place until the budget is in a strong surplus position,” opposition Treasury spokesman Chris Bowen said.

From the Oz. Bend over, Australia, you’ll get it good and hard.

Had the cc cameras rolling last night and caught the bugger. I have a bad feeling about what he was doing though.

58. Mother Lode

I have habitually come down businesses and their slavish obeisance to the climate change myth (and other such hoaxes like the island masses of plastic marauding the oceans looking for turtles to choke, the spilling over of gender fluidity, the quasi-mystical adoration of the indigenous industry) but I should in fairness acknowledge the baleful influence of governments that pepper their contracts with requirements to prove submission to all these fads.

Prove your devotion to gender equality (even if it reduces efficiency), diversity (as previous), sustainability (environmentalist paranoia), climate change (as previous) etc.

These are in addition to the astroturfing emails threatening boycotts.

Businesses have to be careful regarding the people who give them money and who hold equity.

Government bureaucracies don’t care about tax payers, enviro groups get public money from bureaucrats so they don’t care either, and ministers are convinced the wisest answer to every challenge (be it technical, ethical, demographic, strategic, public order etc) is to vote more of other people’s money for it. None of these give a rats what they waste.

Until we can converge on particularly egregious individuals and hang them from lamp posts we will keep getting the same venal self-conceited people indulging themselves because there is no consequence.

2GB report: developers hurrying completions. More Opal Towers?

Good batch this morning Tom.

What Bruce said – walls ain’t walls, Sol.

Varvel for me. Is there enough popcorn in the world to cope with it? Best to stockpile.

Boozy burglary suspect caught asleep at scene of the alleged crime
    NATASHA EMECK, NT News
    January 8, 2019 12:30am

A BOOZED-UP barefoot burglary suspect was nabbed when he fell asleep at the licensed venue he was allegedly raiding in Palmerston on the weekend.

Police have charged 22-year-old Kabe Goddard with property offences after he allegedly broke into the green keeper’s shed at the Palmerston Golf Club on Saturday night.

Police allege he broke into the shed and consumed multiple cans of booze inside.

But instead of fleeing the scene, he appeared to have fallen asleep at the scene of the crime.

Staff at the golf club arrived at the business about 5.30am the next day and discovered the man still asleep.

Green keeper Scott Trembath said the man appeared to be “completely off his head”.

“A couple of our boys found him and he didn’t offer up much of an explanation for being there,” he said.

“He just put his shoes back on and started to leave.”

Police responded to the incident and took Goddard away in the back of a paddy wagon.

He was charged with damage to property, aggravated unlawful entry and stealing.

62. Mother Lode

Darwinism? This way please.

The Greens will want to go to dance floors and randomly test the drug, handing it back and saying ‘Here is your illegal substance. Break the law with our blessing.”

They may even still think SHY is the voice of the youth vote and so use her as the face of the campaign.

63. I have 5 sisters

This explains so much, Dillo.

64. Whalehunt fun

Our local school had about a dozen.

65. Whalehunt fun

converge on particularly egregious individuals and hang them from lamp posts

A better Australia in 11 words.
    wonderful

Fears over falling number of male teachers in NSW prompts action from Department of Education
    Christopher Harris, Exclusive, The Daily Telegraph
    January 7, 2019 10:16pm

The number of male teachers in NSW public schools has plummeted to an alarming new low from which experts fear it may never recover.

The situation has got so dire the NSW Department of Education will establish a “male teacher employee network” within schools and conduct research into the barriers and challenges male teachers face in their job.

The proportion of men in primary schools has plunged from 19.5 per cent of the teaching workforce in 2012 to 17.5 per cent last year, latest department statistics reveal.

Similarly the number of males in public high schools fell from 43.5 per cent in 2012 to 39.7 per cent last year.

Stabbings happening at the rate of seven people a day in NSW, data reveals
    Nick Hansen, The Daily Telegraph
    January 7, 2019 9:30pm

Paramedics are being called to hundreds of violent stabbing attacks with Sydney’s summer beset by a horrific spate of knife crime.

There were 228 call-outs to NSW Ambulance for stabbings in November and December alone.

There has been at least 14 since Christmas — including one incident which left a man dead inside the Church of Scientology in Chatswood as well as the alleged attempted murder of a 92-year-old.

Ambulance inspector Paul Sweetland said stabbing cases presented intense and difficult circumstances to operate in.

68. Mother Lode

Varvel for me.

Garrison was less annoying today – he didn’t cover his drawing with explanatory notes.

Although I wish he would stop drawing Trump as some orange topped Adonis (although Melania makes a pretty passable Aphrodite). Trump is a big guy. Solid, forceful, alternately immovable and unstoppable. Work with that.

69. bespoke

I have 5 sisters
    This explains so much, Dillo.

Are you disparaging female influence, monty? misogamist!!

70. ABC AM running a line on anti semitism following the StKilda rally.
    Talks to a rabbi worried about some nazi graffiti.
    The reporter highlights the high security at synagogues, why this is necessary is not clarified.
    The bump in the night is more real to the ABC than the knife to the throats in broad daylight.

71. Eyrie

Just ordered an aircraft part from a supplier in the US. Exact same manufacturer, same supplier and same part number and I have a 2003 catalog from the supplier showing the price then. It doubled in price.
    Makes the US inflation rate over the last 15 years a smidge under 5% per annum.
    Low inflation anyone?

72. Mother Lode

Another government created problem, for which we had to foot the bill, that was all so predictable.

So they will set up a team to discover what is the problem and they, steeped in the mindset that created the problem, will not be able to see. They will misdiagnose the problem and prescribe an expensive but thoroughly ineffective remedy.

Guess who pays for that too.

Homelessness in parts of Western Sydney has jumped by 80 per cent
    Annabel Hennessy, The Daily Telegraph
    January 8, 2019 6:18am

xperts are blaming the rising number of homeless people in the suburbs on rental affordability, with new data compiled by UNSW for the Everybody’s Home campaign revealing four of the five electorates under the most rental stress in Australia are in Western Sydney.
    Everybody’s Home campaign spokeswoman Kate Colvin.

The electorate of Fowler in southwestern Sydney topped the list with 44 per cent of the 18,612 renting households struggling to pay their bills.

When ALP arrives?
    And Member for Fowler

Mr Chris Hayes MP Member for Fowler, New South Wales
    Positions Chief Opposition Whip
    Party Australian Labor Party
    Chamber House of Representatives

Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament

Dip.Labour Relations and Law (Syd)
    Personnel Administration Certificate (NSW TAFE)
    Industrial officer, Australian Workers’ Union 1986-95; Assistant National Secretary 1995-97
    Clerical officer, Metropolitan Water, Sewerage and Drainage Board 1972-78
    Industrial officer, Public Service Professional Officers’ Association (NSW) 1978-86
    Senior adviser, Police Federation of Australia and New Zealand 1997-99
    Self-employed business adviser 1999-2005

74. John Constantine

Those that committed the Nazi salutes:

Have our media revealed their identities yet?.

If identifying them and getting them fired and divorced and homeless progressed Stalinism, they would be revealed by now.

Comrades.

75. Myrddin Seren

Taxpayer funded ‘transitions’ and sex changes for Les Femmes Butch to get the ‘identify as male’ quotas up ?

I mean – the Education Femocracy wouldn’t want actual males in their safe space.

One presumes they will battle with TERFism and accept gender benders ?

Man shot in the foot during wild brawl on busy strip
    Henry Lynch, Adella Beaini, Dani Pogson and Mark Morri, The Daily Telegraph
    44 minutes ago

The brother of a well-known criminal lawyer will front court today after being accused of shooting a man in the foot in Sydney’s west yesterday.

Police allege that Guildford locals Ahmed Houda, 22, and Mohammad Wais Niazy, 25, were among a group of four men who began fighting in Berry St, Clyde just before 5pm on Monday.

It is understood that a Glock pistol was produced before a 48-year-old man was shot in the foot. It is not yet known what triggered the conflict.

Officers arrested three men shortly after near Parramatta Rd, one of whom was wearing a balaclava. Police Order and Riot Squad officers also stormed a nearby mechanic.

Mr Houda and another man were taken to Granville Police Station, while Niazy was taken to hospital under police guard after suffering facial injuries.

Overnight, Houda was charged with discharge firearm with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, and common assault.

Ahmed Houda is the brother of high-profile criminal lawyer Adam Houda, who has represented clients such as professional boxer Lauryn Eagle and individuals with ties to Islamic State.

Police also charged Mohammad Wais Niazy with discharge firearm with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

77. johanna

What a fustercluck Opal Towers is turning out to be.

Apparently the evicted residents who rent are still obliged to pay their rent. Those who are nominal owners (with the bank) still have to pay their mortgages. And, given that the units sold from $500k up, the mortgage payments are likely very substantial.

Given the blame-shifting and legal mess that is about to be generated, it is unlikely that any of the victims will see a cent before the 2020s, if they are lucky. The lawyers will seize on it like ticks, thousands of them.

I see that the NSW government has really gone in hard, threatening to ban shoddy building inspectors from the industry. Right, that’ll show ’em we mean business.

I have no doubt that it is not an isolated occurence. Owners of recently built units all over Sydney should be worried. I reckon that their property values have just dropped by at least 5% just from the pong. The ripples will spread far and wide.

In the ACT, there is a unit block which is so faulty that demolition is a serious option. Not as big as Opal, but same setup – recently built, lots of off the plan buyers, and anyone stuck with one of these unsaleable units is in a world of pain.

Older units, built up to about 1970, are actually pretty solid, but it started to slide downhill from there.

Between the CFMEU and the outsourcing of building inspection, consumers have been royally screwed. Higher costs and lower quality have been foisted on unlucky buyers.

A lot of people are about to get burned, some deserving and some not. But, I suppose that many first homebuyers will be able to get a unit a lot cheaper in the forseeable future.

78. johanna

Sounds familiar.

They said that about LSD in the early days. Since then, it has been regurgitated for numerous drugs du jour.

How’s that been working for them as a deterrent?

79. woolfe

Eyrie,

80. John Constantine

Landshark property developers of dogbox apartements all edging towards the door for the massive exit rush.

The billionaire property Ponzi class will be pointing out to their political donorslaves that:

The government has to do something.

Centrally planned massive private windfalls always lead to ubermassive socialised losses.

Blow the billionaire property developers from the guns.

Yellow Vested Comrades.

81. struth

Good moaning.
    This blog is great and we all come here to vent and moan and to argue our points so as to hold our thoughts up to scrutiny, however, would it be too hard to have a regular activist thread?
    Where we can let each other know of everything from comment sections that need extra comments, at other blogs, to info regarding activism in all areas?
    This is the only relatively free speaking blog (now about 80 percent free speech) compared to others.
    We all go and check out other sites, but they end up frustrating and over regulated through fear.
    The news comes through this blog by way of comments, and therefore I get to chase those things up.
    Case in point.
    I found out about the St Kilda meeting from comments on this blog and watched videos posted on it, and heard the pros and cons of it from those arguing about it, and about the participants.
    But it was after the event.
    I wonder Sinc, without costing you anymore time, if a regular activists news thread could be put up for the week, where cats can spread the news from their own localities and ask for a call to arms (keyboards) and needing no extra input from your busy self.
    Just to make us a little more pro active and not so reactionary.
    I reckon it would really lift the blog’s visits as well.
    Most of the commenters here aren’t spring chickens, and Australia is a huge country.
    It would be nice for them to know of upcoming events, or to create them , or to be able to respond to a comment section as called for by a fellow cat.
    It would be nice if we all went to the activist thread, seen what was on the cards, and then hit the open thread after helping out etc.

Let’s start fighting harder, even if it is only keyboard warring!!

Politicians cannot block social media foes: US appeals court

WASHINGTON (REUTERS) – A federal appeals court said on Monday (Jan 7) a Virginia politician violated the Constitution by temporarily blocking a critic from her Facebook page, a decision that could affect President Donald Trump’s appeal from a similar ruling in New York.

In a 3-0 decision, the 4th US Circuit Court of Appeals said Phyllis Randall, chair of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors, violated the First Amendment free speech rights of Brian Davison by banning him for 12 hours from her “Chair Phyllis J. Randall” page.

The ban came after Davison had attended a 2016 town hall meeting, and then under his Facebook profile “Virginia SGP” accused school board members and their relatives of corruption and conflicts of interest.

83. John Constantine

Obviously we need a royal commission into how bribery and corruption could produce the crumbling dogbox apartment scam.

Announce this royal commission as a landmine for their incoming shorten corruptocracy.

Then a retrospective sin tax on billionaire donorclass property Landsharks to fund fair and equal compo for all australians.

Comrades

City of Sydney slugs ratepayers $39,000 for women’s talkfest on climate in Paris
    ROSE BRENNAN, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
    January 7, 2019 11:50pm

Ratepayers will fork out at least $39,000 for Sydney Lord Mayor Clover Moore and her staff to attend a women’s climate change talkfest in Paris for just two days as well as a side-trip to London.

Women4Climate promotes itself as an event to “empower and inspire” the “next generation of climate leaders” with the summit at Paris City Hall on February 21 bringing together ­“innovative mayors” from around the world.

The event aims to “highlight gendered climate impacts in the urban context and the key role women play in championing climate policies”.

85. struth

Guess who pays for that too.

Ah yes……………………..the “Aboriginal Strategy”

86. John Constantine

The crumbling dogbox apartments show us exactly what is coming as the windmills all start to get a few more yaers of spinning on them.

Structuring a scam so the profit is grabbed upfront, like dogbox apartments and windmills, and the liabilities are rearended years out absolutely locks in scammers attracted to putting the cheapest chicom bearings in the windmills, a hundred meters up and out of sight.

Shelf companies in panama might get court orders against them, but good luck getting cash back.

Comrades.

87. Makka

Lots of gay, trans, ethnic/multi culti, atheist/moslem , marxist male teachers about to hit the school yards, me thinks.

88. min

Re a catastrophic event off coast of Australia. In 1998, from memory ,I was in Italy during a major earthquake and later was speaking with Ronnie Burns re the experience. He had just finished a documentary Prophets and Prophecies and had interviewed clairvoyants around the world. Three prophesied that there would be a huge Tsunami along the east coast of Australia as a result of undersea volcanoes between NZ and East coast of Australia. It would occur a couple of weeks after a major crisis in Middle East/Asia . In those days India and Pakistan were playing my nukes are better than you nukes so we assumed that would be the crisis . However we could not find anything re volcanoes in the area. Ronnie Burns moved to Cradle Mountain because he believed and I reckoned Victoria being round the corner from the scene would be OK ,well that was before the big one. Months later Newspapers reported the newly discovered range of undersea volcanoes between us and NZ . So catastrophic event still a possibility.

89. Rae

Where’s P? struth has lost his avatar again.

90. Myrddin Seren

jo

I may not have learned much in primary school in the late-sixties, but I have a strong recollection of the warnings – ‘Don’t take heroin’.

And here we are – fifty years later and vast numbers of people have buried kids who got on the gear for whatever reason and died.

So when I see the hand-wringing about ‘ice’, to me – same problem – new name.

Sad parents – your kid got on the toxic gear for thrills, or low self esteem or whatever. Sad.

Now how do we minimise the harm your drug-zombie will do to so many others to feed their habit before they die ?

91. struth

But, but, how do they know what sex somebody is today?

What a fucking insane asylum our public service is.
    It’s head buried firmly up it’s cultural Marxist arse.
    Any teacher at any time promoting a side of politics to students should be fined, and gaoled.
    I’d offer students a reward.
    Get video of your teacher promoting cultural Marxism or any bullshit like that, arrogantly claiming they know what is best for society, and the reward would be as much as say 10 000 buckeroos.
    By the time we’ve paid the kids off we’ll have saved so much money in the education system, and improved literacy a thousand times over.

92. Myrddin Seren

There is simply no point in being the New Aristocracy if you can’t grind your expensive designer shoes in to the face of the Deplorable Proles.

The end game of the War on Climate Change is energy poverty and reducing a substantial tranche of Deplorables in to the New Serfs – so there is a clear demarcation like back in the Good Old Days, pre-Industrial Revolution.

So catastrophic event still a possibility.

Fab. I’m at 4.60AHD.

And there is an official tsunami evacuation plan. Mine is a ladder to the roof.

So catastrophic event still a possibility.

Er…those volcanoes are extinct, min.

Like Cradle Mountain.

(Best not tell Ronnie that.)

96. Boambee John

m0nty
    #2901276, posted on January 7, 2019 at 10:31 pm
    What’s a white supremacist. Monst.

Define it.

The type of person who not long ago would have shivved you for being too swarthy.

So, basically, much of the anti-S3m3t1c modern Australian left? BDS, Greens, Liars Left, those?

I’m not afeared, Roger.

I’m a Yellowstone Survivor. 🙃

98. Snoopy

$39,000? Just $390.00 would buy enough piano wire to solve Australia’s climate change problems.

99. mh

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is not taking part in Monday’s oral arguments before the court.

The 85-year old liberal justice underwent surgery for cancer last month and also recently broke several ribs after a fall.

Ginsburg had not missed a day of arguments since she was confirmed to the court in 1993.

Despite not physically being at the court, she will be participating in the cases by reading the briefs and the transcripts of the oral arguments.

This whole thing is daft. She needs to step down.

Uh-huh.

101. Viva

Ginsburg will be made to keep going even if they have to insert batteries.

Reducing speeding fines for some while increasing them for others could still be an option for an incoming state Labor government.

The state election is just over three months away and, should Labor win, Treasury spokesman Ryan Park said they would look to review the way fines from speed cameras, public transport and the like are calculated.

This is in line with a motion Mr Park put forward at a Labor state conference in mid-2018.

As part of the motion, Mr Park said Labor should be looking at ways to vary fines “according to people’s capacity to pay”.

103. Baldrick

ABC AM running a line on anti semitism following the StKilda rally.
    Talks to a rabbi worried about some nazi graffiti.

And just like that #TheirABC Hamas supporting anti-Semites find a reason to support Joos.

104. Dave in Marybrook

Poor old Bader-G- she’s actually been a pretty solid old duck, but what’s keeping her in the fray? Belief that she’s sticking it up the constitutionalists, hungry to fight Roe v Wade all over again, wanting the Oldest Serving mantle? Or is it the sheer egotism of knowing that her opinions will write the headlines?
    I’d think she’d be more into reading Proust or the Torah or Dr Seuss to the great grandkids at this stage.
    And Sotomayor must be hungry for the battle-ax, Christ knows she’s a piece of work.

105. John Constantine

Their ginspuppet will participate by making her mark on supreme court judgements written up by her staffers.

Their left have created a precedent.

106. mh

Hey hey
    Ho ho
    RBG has got to go

107. Dr Faustus

Travelling light then.
    A Qantas first class fare to Europe is around $12,500. If there were two hangers-on staff , that would leave only $1,500 for spends – never going to happen.

108. Mater

So pay male teachers a premium, introduce a quota system and/or implement a special retention bonus for men.
    Wouldn’t that be delicious to watch? 😉

109. OldOzzie

The Strategy Washington Is Pursuing in the Middle East Is the Only Strategy Worth Pursuing

America needs to back up its allies (Israel, Saudi Arabia, and potentially Turkey), and isolate its adversaries (Iran, Russia, China, Islamic State). Everything else is secondar

110. mh

Imagine if it was President Hillary with a Senate majority and a conservative SCJ hanging on like this. CNN/MSNBC would be leading their news bulletins with ‘Pressure is mounting on the Supreme Court Justice to do the right thing and step down following more expert opinion that they are too sick to perform their duties adequately. The 85 year old SCJ has been sick for a number of years but is refusing to go. Our reporter is outside the hospital…’

111. Old School Conservative

calli
    #2901463, posted on January 8, 2019 at 7:55 am
    Armadillo! [taps foot]

Hands on hips too?
    Now THATS a severe dressing down.

112. Myrddin Seren

If it becomes impossible to resuscitate the Notorious RBG before the Dems can replace Trump and Pence with Nancy, Andy Serkis’ greatest role will be climbing in to an RBG suit and Keeping the RBG Dream alive until the Trump/Pence show trials are over and sentences delivered.

113. Old School Conservative

An economic distraction squirrel, from The Oz.

Treasury doesn’t assume any behavioural response to changes in tax rates, though.

“The so-called deficit levy introduced in 2014 did not raise any revenue, and probably resulted in less total revenue for the government,” Dr John Humphreys, tax specialist at University of Queensland, said.

Annual growth in taxable income from top-rate taxpayers crashed from 12 per cent to 5 per cent after the Abbott government introduced a temporary deficit levy on 1 July 2014.

Written in the context of bracket creep under Shorten.

114. John Constantine

Thirty nine grand to send them to Paris?.

How much for them to stay there?.

Cancel their passports for domestic terrorism.

115. min

Extinct volcanoes is that since the Big Wave of Aboriginal Dreamtime and the geology that supports that ?

116. Myrddin Seren

Unexpectedly

Climate warming experiment finds unexpected results

Stephanie Roe, an ecology Ph.D. student at the University of Virginia, measured the rate of decomposition in artificially warmed plots of forest in Puerto Rico. She found biomass in the warmed plots broke down more slowly than samples from a control site that wasn’t warmed.

Warmed ?

The heaters were programmed to continuously heat the plots to four degrees higher than the ambient temperature of the forest.

Baked…

There follows in the comments section the usual battles between – ‘science not settled’ and ‘idiot – of course we are doomed’.

Heaters…. +4 degrees. Very real world.

( via SDA )

117. Rae

Here’s the bit you are desperately avoiding:

Ginsburg is expected to make a full recovery and be back on the court.

“These days we are seeing more and more patients in their 70s and 80s make relatively quick recoveries,” Mathisen said last month before Ginsburg’s surgery, “because we are detecting so many more lung cancers at early stages” when treatment is far more effective and successful.

The devil’s in the detail.

It’s at least $39K.

The sky’s the limit! Look out Galleries Lafayette!

119. Snoopy

No. The devil’s in the lack of detail.

Ubiquitous little demon isn’t he?

121. thefrolickingmole

For all their cheese eating surrender monkey antics the Frogs do know how to stir the possum like world beaters.

The collective “REEEEEEEEEEE”-ing from the perpetually offended will be heard on Mars.

French author, 50, says women over 50 are too old to love
    Yann Moix, a prize-winning novelist, says women of same age are ‘invisible’ to him

In the interview with Marie-Claire magazine’s French edition, Moix, the author of several prize-winning novels, added that women in their 50s were “invisible” to him.

“I prefer younger women’s bodies, that’s all. End of. The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all,” he said, adding that he preferred to date Asian women, particularly Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

“It’s perhaps sad and reductive for the women I go out with but the Asian type is sufficiently rich, large and infinite for me not to be ashamed.”

Now thats quality trolling.

122. Rae

Funny how so many old Cats who don’t/no longer live in Sydney are mumbling to the ether about that city’s Mayor attending an overseas conference.

Drought may add to shopping burden
    SMH 1 November 1944 page 5
    Because of the drought many housewives might be forced to carry their milk, bread, ice and groceries from the shops
    The fodder shortage feed for only one in six horses used by trademens
    The release of additional petrol would help but no hope of extra tyres
    Riverina wheat crop almost complete failure

Min, most of the tsunamis known to have impacted the east coast prior to European settlement were caused by earthquakes, not volcanic activity.

125. Stimpson J. Cat

Ted Cruz
    @tedcruz
    We can build the wall and make El Chapo pay for it…

Sign up NOW to become a citizen cosponsor of my EL CHAPO Act and make your voice heard: (link: http://action.tedcruz.org/el-chapo/) action.tedcruz.org/el-chapo/

126. Crossie

This tax should be referred to as its proper purpose which is the African gangs welfare levy.

127. feelthebern

Apparently the evicted residents who rent are still obliged to pay their rent.

If you are renting in the Opal building & are not allowed access, you are not obliged to pay rent.
    Regardless of what the media is reporting.

128. Crossie

John Constantine
    #2901490, posted on January 8, 2019 at 8:31 am
    Those that committed the Nazi salutes:

Have our media revealed their identities yet?.

Perhaps because identifying them could prove inconvenient, they might turn out to be greenies.

129. Top Ender

Re tsunamis affecting the east coast of Oz…

Back when I was working at the naval college in Jervis Bay, there were opportunities to explore the area. There is a small range of hills/minor mountains running the length of the Shoalhaven area and beyond.

A geologist I know showed a group of us some boulders the size of large cars at the foot of those hills, and said he’d done some post-graduate work on them. The rocks had all spent considerable time in the sea, and been brought there and deposited by tsunamis that had hit within the last millennium. The impact would have wiped out all animal and human life from the sea to the hills, in his opinion.

I never followed it up reading-wise, but interesting.

130. Cassie of Sydney

“feelthebern
    #2901585, posted on January 8, 2019 at 10:39 am
    Apparently the evicted residents who rent are still obliged to pay their rent.

Regardless of what the media is reporting.”

I thought so too….must be another media beat up…..the mainstream media’s only talent….beating up stories….fake news.

131. thefrolickingmole

Get up going hard on anyone left in the Libs to the left of Malcolm… (Frazer or Turdball)

GetUp’s ‘hard right’ hitlist for federal election revealed
    Public asked to nominate which conservative Coalition MPs are ‘the worst’ to help GetUp prioritise targets

Eighteen Coalition MPs have been chosen by the activist body, with participants asked to choose three. Not all are marginal seat holders but were chosen by GetUp for what it considers “out of date” views on climate change, “heartless positions” on immigration policy and those who “blatantly discriminate” on social justice issues.

The results of the survey will be updated live on the website.

GetUp has already committed to high-profile campaigns against MP Tony Abbott and the home affairs minister, Peter Dutton, but offers voters a host of other options in its “Let’s vote out the hard right” campaign, which it considers an “extension” of its original campaign.

GetUp’s proposed targets include the attorney general, Christian Porter, the health minister, Greg Hunt, and the energy minister, Angus Taylor, as well as the influential conservative backbenchers George Christensen, Craig Kelly and Michael Sukkar.

GetUp has completed a survey of 23,000 of its members that found their top priorities for the 2019 election are: action on climate change and stopping the Adani coalmine, renewable energy, evacuation of people from offshore detention on Manus Island and Nauru, social spending on health and education, and protecting the ABC and SBS.

Ginsburg is expected to make a full recovery and be back on the court.

Geriatrics who have had major abdominal surgery do not make a “full recovery” – ever.

133. Snoopy

Bloody Kiwis.

Re tsunamis affecting the east coast of Oz…

Not just the east coast.

135. deposited by tsunamis that had hit within the last millennium.

I was told a similar thing about sea shell on the top of 100 metre cliffs (Southern ocean).

136. Old School Conservative

From GetUp’s web site:
    Our work is driven by our values, not party politics. GetUp is, and always has been, an independent organisation.

Any half way decent conservative politician would use the power of State-funded legal departments to prosecute GetUp’s incorrect sales pitch. Misleading advertising springs to mind.

Our work is driven by our values

Which just happen to be those of the progressive left.

They aren’t lying.

138. Rae

Geriatrics who have had major abdominal surgery …

Thoracic surgery was it not? To remove 2 small lung lesions. Using a modern minimally invasive keyhole procedure.

I know. You’re pleased for dearest Ruth. No need for any of that “suffering with dignity” stuff.

The old bat should not be anywhere near the court, Gools. She’s barely alive in a dead sort of way.

Re tsunamis affecting the east coast of Oz…

Not just the east coast.

Rogue waves are also a problem; energy from converging waves usually cancels out but rarely you’ll get an amalgamation result. When I was surfing in the Maldives we were chugging along with the shore breaks about 1 meter. On the horizon we saw a 4 – 5 meter wave heading our way and just managed to get the boat over the top of it before it broke. Good times.

It’s in the Oz too.

A middle-aged French author known for his highbrow works faced indignation and ridicule on Monday after declaring that he was incapable of loving women his own age.

Yann Moix, 50, offended many of his female compatriots when he ruled out falling in love with a woman of his own age. “Oh no!” he said in an interview with Marie Claire, when asked if he would date a woman of 50. “That’s not possible,” he said.

“At 50, I am incapable of loving a woman of 50. I find that too old. When I am 60 years old, I will be able to; 50 will then appear young to me.

“I prefer the bodies of younger women, that’s all,” he said in an interview to promote his latest novel, Rompre. “I’m not going to lie. The body of a woman of 25 is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all.”

Read on, it’s funnier.

142. feelthebern

RBG = Weekend at Bernies.

143. Helen

RBG = Weekend at Bernies.

LOL

144. Old School Conservative

The abdication of Malaysian King Sultan Muhammad V on Sunday surely is of significant relevance to Australia’s sphere of influence, trade, and tourism.

However the only news items about it seem to come from America, the UK, AP, and Asian newspapers.

Insular press or not on the population’s radar?

Old School Conservative
    #2901620, posted on January 8, 2019 at 11:35 am

Insular press or not on the population’s radar?

Mainly because it’s of little import to anyone even the Malaysians.
    Not defending the press, but this is a non news item, at best it belongs to the WW or WD, if they still exist.

146. Eyrie

“woolfe
    #2901499, posted on January 8, 2019 at 8:43 am

Eyrie,
    You expect manufacturers to keep in stock parts for old equipment but not charge a premium for it? Most businesses will charge what the market and competition allows Comrade.”

It is a EGT probe. Been in production for decades and still in continuous production. Nothing has changed about the circumstances and the price has doubled in 15 years. Just a comment on the REAL inflation rate in the USA

147. Stimpson J. Cat

Chuck Schumer
    @SenSchumer
    Enough with the memes. Just quit hurting innocent people and re-open the government.

148. Baldrick

Ginsburg is expected to make a full recovery and be back on the court.

The Cat’s resident wrongologist just signed her death warrant.
    She’ll be dead before Australia Day.

149. feelthebern

Hopefully Trump appoints another Roberts or Gorsuch to replace RBG.
    Not a swampie like Kavanaugh.

150. feelthebern

To keep RBG on the bench, they’ll resort to something out of Futurama.

151. Nick

Mainly because it’s of little import to anyone even the Malaysians.

Not true. It was on the Australian news here in KL and is a huge YouTube search in Malaysia for some reason,

152. thefrolickingmole

Is Bucks lawyer high??

From Berns link.

In a December 2016 entry, Moore wrote: “I’ve become addicted to drugs and the worst one at that. Ed Buck is the one to thank. He gave me my first injection of crystal meth it was very painful, but after all the troubles, I became addicted…”

If it didn’t hurt so bad, I’d kill myself, but I’ll let Ed Buck do it for now,” wrote Moore’s final entry, dated Dec. 3, 2016.

At the time, Amster told Fox News that the investigation into Moore’s death had “turned into an attack on Mr. Buck’s personal life.”

His “personal life” apparently included injecting people with crystal meth FFS, imagine trying to reframe that as “oh its because hes gay”… moral degenerates like him belong on the cross..

153. thefrolickingmole

This is funny…

UFC’s Polyana Viana says mugging ended in predictable and bloody fashion
    Strawweight says alleged attacker needed medical attention
    ‘He took the punches very quickly, I think he was scared’

“He was really close to me. So I thought, ‘If it’s a gun, he won’t have time to draw it.’ So I stood up. I threw two punches and a kick. He fell, then I caught him in a rear-naked choke. Then I sat him down in the same place we were before and said, ‘Now we’ll wait for the police.’”

I guessing shes tiny to look at (strawweight?), but what a mistake to make.

154. Stimpson J. Cat

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    I am pleased to inform you that I will Address the Nation on the Humanitarian and National Security crisis on our Southern Border. Tuesday night at 9:00 P.M. Eastern.
    2:44 AM · Jan 8, 2019

Oh no!!!

155. Crossie

C.L.
    #2901596, posted on January 8, 2019 at 10:50 am
    Ginsburg is expected to make a full recovery and be back on the court.

When I fractured my pelvis I was given ten weeks off work and not expected to make any decisions during that time yet Ginsberg will vote on matters affecting the entire US and subsequently the world. I think her staffers will write her opinion and communicate “her” vote which should be unconstitutional but the media see nothing wrong with this.

What a world?

Nick
    #2901635, posted on January 8, 2019 at 12:09 pm

Mainly because it’s of little import to anyone even the Malaysians.

Because he apparently married a russian bimbo, as I said it belongs in the gossip columns.

157. Infidel Tiger

Trump should be addressing the nation every week. Get off twitter and start doing your own weekly broadcast.

158. Crossie

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2901624, posted on January 8, 2019 at 11:50 am
    Chuck Schumer
    @SenSchumer

Innocent people like the Washington DC swamp creatures? What hardship are they suffering? They are on extended Christmas holidays and will get backpaid when they get back to work.

159. Dr Faustus

Textbook sample frame error. Hard to see what this survey tells anyone – apart from confirming that GetUp’s membership are Greens supporters.

160. mh

State of Emergency declaration, Stimpy?

161. Crossie

Infidel Tiger
    #2901646, posted on January 8, 2019 at 12:25 pm

All TV channels except Fox will then refuse to broadcast them.

162. ZK2A;

Every country in the world that has gone down this route has ended up with professional flight, less tax collection because higher rates encourage tax evasion and therefore even more distortion in economy, and higher unemployment.
    It only makes sense in the context of destruction of the Middle Classes.
    But Australia will get it right!
    I mentioned about a month ago that Shorten can feel the big chair supporting his arse, that he will promise the world. But I’m swinging toward the idea that people are becoming so concerned with the promises of economic mayhem, they’re pulling back to the Libs.

163. Infidel Tiger

Hopefully Trump appoints another Roberts or Gorsuch to replace RBG.
    Not a swampie like Kavanaugh.

Roberts is the left wing swingman.

We need another Clarence Thomas.

164. thefrolickingmole

Winston Smith

But those wise chaps at the gruinaid say you cant tell what works best.

Higher tax rates may also reduce household spending, as the state takes money that individuals would otherwise spend, damaging the economy. On the flipside, however, the state may have more money to spend to boost the size of the economy, for example through more investment in education or infrastructure.

Economists say for this reason, among others, the evidence is mixed that lower rates can boost revenue from taxes, or the size of the economy.

165. they’re pulling back to the Libs.

Tax|Electricity Bill can’t lose against Trumble Lite.

Can he?

166. Dr Faustus

Mainly because it’s of little import to anyone even the Malaysians.

It appears that Sultan Muhammad [49] abdicated after marrying a former Miss Moscow [24].

Given Malaysia’s lèse-majesté laws it’s not surprising that there wasn’t a lot of commentary on the peninsula. Not a lot of Pulizer in going to gaol for publishing an ‘old goat shags exotic beauty’ story.

167. feelthebern

Trump should do the address from a hot tub, surrounded by hot birds.

168. feelthebern

Roberts is the best thing that GWB did during his doomed presidency.

169. John Constantine

Those waxing fat from the massive profits the inside economy offers will vote for shorten.

Then all shorten kleptocracy government contracts will be increased by the size of the tax increase, so Maaaaaaaaaates won’t be inconvenienced.

170. feelthebern

monty offered to donate blood for RBG but they rejected him.
    34% fat content was just too high for the old bag.

171. feelthebern

Looks like Clemson Alabama will be a shootout.
    Less than 5mins gone in the first quarter & 3 TD’s already.
    It’s a sin these guys don’t get paid.

172. Zatara

The US college football championship game between University of Alabama and Clemson University is underway.

Quite an exciting match so far.

173. Stimpson J. Cat

State of Emergency declaration, Stimpy?

I don’t think so.
    Still too early.

174. mh

CNN have a dilemma:

Brian Stelter

@brianstelter
    TV exec texts: “He calls us fake news all the time, but needs access to airwaves… If we give him the time, he’ll deliver a fact-free screed without rebuttal. And if we don’t give him the time, he’ll call every network partisan. So we are damned if we do and damned if we don’t.”

11.1K
    5:24 AM – Jan 8, 2019

175. Stimpson J. Cat

Barak Ravid
    @BarakRavid
    BREAKING: Netanyahu asked the Trump administration to recognize Israeli sovereignty in Golan Heights as part of the U.S. pullout from Syria, Israeli official tell me
    1:44 AM · Jan 7, 2019

So we are damned if we do and damned if we don’t.”

Boo hoo.

Hehe, the networks were umming and ahing about boycotting the broadcast, but now they’ve caved…

Every Major News Network to Broadcast Trump’s Oval Office Address on Border Security

CNN’s Brian Stelter tweeted that a “TV exec” told him, “He calls us fake news all the time, but needs access to airwaves… If we give him the time, he’ll deliver a fact-free screed without rebuttal. And if we don’t give him the time, he’ll call every network partisan. So we are damned if we do and damned if we don’t.”

ROFL.
    Nice bit of deal making Mr President. Deals are so much easier when you have them all by the pubes.

178. Bear Necessities

Trump should do the address from a hot tub, surrounded by hot birds.

With one lady coming up for air 30 seconds in and then submerging again.

Snap mh…I should refresh more often!

Trump should do the address from a hot tub, surrounded by hot birds.

With one lady coming up for air 30 seconds in and then submerging again.

Wouldn’t that be great. Referring to the punters as bitches.

181. None

The Israel Syria border is always quiet when Israel commands the Golan Heights. It’s rightfully theirs anyway. Whatever you want to say about Bibi at least he’s got his country’s interests right.

182. None

ROFL.

Fact check: true.

He has to wear RayBans and heavy gold jewellery.

184. Mother Lode

Any politician who is targeted by SodOff! should trumpet it loud and clear.

And then explain why they don’t want SodOff!’s endorsement.

They might find voters support them for those very reasons.

185. I had an MRI for the bad back yesterday.
    It was a horrible experience.
    They asked what music I liked and I said 70’s.
    For the next fifteen minutes I was in Captain & Tennille land.
    I bloody near pushed the panic button.

Chuckle. Spaminated!

He has to wear RayBans and heavy gold j-wellery.

187. feelthebern

27 points in the first quarter.
    Hope the punters went the overs.
    I didn’t have a punt because it’s been raining & they’re playing at Levi stadium (no roof).

188. mh

Trump should do the address from a hot tub, surrounded by hot birds.

With one lady coming up for air 30 seconds in and then submerging again.

MAGA hats for all the ladies above the water line.

Will two black rent boys found dead in his home be enough for a Democrat Party financier to be pursued by the media or is three the minimum to warrant coverage?

190. Mother Lode

I hope this gets through the Spaminator.

191. feelthebern

& for the ladies who feel the need to cover their breasts, American Flag bikinis.

192. John Constantine

And the bird that surfaces for a few seconds, then submerges again has to be RBG.

Notoriously.

Comrades.

193. thefrolickingmole

Really good article pinched from instapundit, well worth a RTWT.

The figures on R%^e about 1/2 way through are proof of the perversion wreaked on society by the playboy/feminist generations.

A taster..
    In the past, sex was expensive, notes Regnerus—women demanded a lot in return for it. Generally, the price was marriage, with its promise of love and fidelity. Today, women give sex away without expecting much in terms of time, attention, respect, or faithfulness, and “men, in turn, do not feel compelled to supply these goods as they once did.” In other words, Regnerus concludes, women “are hoping to find good men without supporting the sexual norms that would actually make men better.”

When women make themselves more available and less “expensive,” they lose one of the fundamental social processes that made men grow up and act responsibly. By decoupling sex from the institutions of marriage and family—with their guardrails of mutual care and fidelity—the sexual revolution ­eliminated men’s incentive to redirect their powerful sexual impulses to pro-social ends.

Or as Kipling put it.

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
    (Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
    Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: “The Wages of Sin is Death.”

194. feelthebern

Imagine what Trump will do in the white house post the 2024 elections when he’s only got a month or two left in the job.
    Will be broads, mashed potatoes & well-down steaks all around.

195. Mother Lode

He seems to have connections to Hillary, so an investigation will likely reveal that he tripped and fell headfirst into a woodchipper in the living room and the resulting mulch fell into a bathtub filled with water and where fifteen electric hand dryers had fallen in. The muscle reflex would explain why he emptied his glock into the electrified soup.

Nothing to see here.

196. Black Ball

Looks like Clemson Alabama will be a shootout.
    Less than 5mins gone in the first quarter & 3 TD’s already.
    It’s a sin these guys don’t get paid.

Yes and look at the amount that Nick Saban, Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh earn for coaching college teams. A travesty.

197. feelthebern

198. thefrolickingmole

Spamminated, again, this time with the whole missing word…

Really good article pinched from instapundit, well worth a RTWT.

The figures on ****** about 1/2 way through are proof of the perversion wreaked on society by the playboy/feminist generations.

A taster..
    In the past, s was expensive, notes Regnerus—women demanded a lot in return for it. Generally, the price was marriage, with its promise of love and fidelity. Today, women give s away without expecting much in terms of time, attention, respect, or faithfulness, and “men, in turn, do not feel compelled to supply these goods as they once did.” In other words, Regnerus concludes, women “are hoping to find good men without supporting the sual norms that would actually make men better.”

When women make themselves more available and less “expensive,” they lose one of the fundamental social processes that made men grow up and act responsibly. By decoupling s from the institutions of marriage and family—with their guardrails of mutual care and fidelity—the sual revolution ­eliminated men’s incentive to redirect their powerful sual impulses to pro-social ends.

Or as Kipling put it.
    On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
    (Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
    Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: “The Wages of Sin is Death.”

199. thefrolickingmole

Spamminator has gone insane, unable to post so Ill just try a little bit of an excellent article and the link.
    A taster..

200. Stimpson J. Cat

The Israel Syria border is always quiet when Israel commands the Golan Heights.

This is true.
    The sooner the U.S. pulls out of the Middle East, the sooner Israel and it’s neighbors can get back to negotiating the lasting peace they have all been working hard towards for years.

The U.S. has it’s own walls and borders to defend.

The Middle East must stand or fall on it’s own.
    They need to grow up sometime.
    No more excuses.

201. thefrolickingmole

Just a link.
    Auto- non dead sea pedestrian filter has achieved sentience and is picking completely random words.

202. thefrolickingmole

Apologies for the multipost, everything was showing us as “awaiting moderation” for some reason.

203. Old School Conservative

In the case of Singapore’s Changi Airport with its plethora of distractions for passengers ranging from retail and gardens to a swimming pool and cinema, facial recognition technology is now being used to find missing passengers.

From The Oz.
    A mildly enquiring mind might wonder where all this is leading to.

204. feelthebern

PS, all 3 of those coaches are at public universities.
    Each of those coaches is the highest paid public official in each of their 3 states.
    Alabama;
    Ohio;
    Michigan.

205. IR;

Tax|Electricity Bill can’t lose against Trumble Lite.
    Can he?

This coming election is Shortens to win or lose.
    Personally, I would bet that he is going to do something so stupid to win, he loses.
    Remember that he’s already promised to increase taxes, relax the boat people rules, let the unions have a bigger say in running Australia, and he’s hinted at death duties.
    He’s pissing off a lot of potential votes.

206. Black Ball

PS, all 3 of those coaches are at public universities.
    Alabama;
    Ohio;
    Michigan.

Quite incredible.

207. Black Ball

Another thing, the wussification of sports appears to be turning it’s attention to tennis. The final sets of matches in the Australian Open are to be decided by a first to 10 points scheme with a margin of 2. What ungodliness has been visited upon us?

208. Mother Lode

This already should be a gift to the party he runs against, but so many of them don’t see the problem.

But it is possible that things will get a little tighter as the election approaches and Shorten panics – but remember the MSM will spin it or ignore it.

209. areff

As the shrinking number of men in teaching was raised this morning, the excerpt below — a topic at Newcastle Uni’s recent Gender and Education conference — might help explain why we’re trailing Khazakstan:

Dr Melissa Wolfe
    Senior Lecturer
    Monash University

Generative knowledges: thinking the liminal within gender and education research

Abstract
    Education assemblages, as emergent collectivities entangled with gender and sexuality, continue to be active and productive of binary relations that reiterate inequity. Liminal threshold concepts abound within the field of gender and education research. In this symposium, we propose a focus on the concept of the liminal beyond thresholds. We understand the liminal, without before and after, as an ambiguous state of simultaneous flux – of being affected and affecting, within the co-constitution that is relational becoming. The utility (or as Ahmed might speculate – the use) of thinking liminality without threshold allows us to think diffractively and speculatively about the multiplicity of both gender and education whilst engaging post-qualitative thought (St Pierre, 2017; 2013). Our political focus is concerned not with what is, but on how what is comes to be – and the consequences of these materializations. Accounting for the liminal within the material discourses of gender and education prioritizes the messiness of entanglement (as responsibility and co-consequence) which may enable greater equity as ‘justice-to-come’ (Barad, 2010). Thus, we promote conversations that produce generative experiential knowledges that traverse privileging knowledges of recognition.

Were Deadman still a presence on the cat, I’d have to tell him how home-schooling is the way to go.

Plenty more wank & piddle topics — sorry, discourseshere.

210. feelthebern

Clemson 28-16
    Bookies are cheering this.

211. None

oh it tells us much more than that.The 23000 so-called members are email addresses harvested from anyone who signed a get up petition at any stage in the last five years. Which are really pathetic numbers by the way. The survey comprised emailing these 23000 addresses and/or putting up a link on the get up site. The survey very likely listed those issues and ask people to rank them. Only 12 people replied. This proves Get up is the fraudulent outfit and a purveyor of Lies. Yes this was a very informative survey.

212. feelthebern

The last I saw (last night), the bookies had the line at -4 (Alabama).
    No sure what the game total number was but it was low-ish due to the rain & an uncovered field.
    Bookies will be buying Ferrari’s tomorrow if this keeps up.

213. None

All Wolfe’a abstrsct says, areff, is that gender fluidity must be prioritised over everything under the guise of social justice.

214. areff

Thanks for the translation, None. I thought it was the climactic moanss of a pedagog who has pressed a Hitachi wand between her thighs while typing with the free hand

215. Old School Conservative

What ungodliness has been visited upon us?

The Gods of the broadcast rights.
    Must keep the viewers entertained, and long matches aren’t seen to do so.

I disagree, but I’m a mug punter.

216. BrettW

Cut and Paste in Oz has a good 2018 quote from Sally McManus of ACTU about those CFMEU members behaving in an appropriate way towards women should not be in the Union movement. Examples are given.

Luke Collier ex NSW now WA CFMEU has form for DV and now Setka leading by example. Not to worry his No 2 Shaun Reardon was the one suspended as a White Ribbon ambassador in 2015 following evidence about intimidating calls to women working in Fair Work. Dave Hanna ex CFMEU head Qld has a rape trial pending.

Cut and Paste mentions women in construction actually getting less not more. Wonder why.

Lots of Labor having a go at Fraser Anning but strangely silent on the behaviour of CFMEU leaders towards women.

Incidentally a few years ago White Ribbon removed the page that listed their Ambassadors. One thing I had noticed was the very high number of leaders of CFMEU and MUA who were listed as Ambassadors. Sheer hypocrisy that needs to be constantly called out when we know these thugs have way to much influence
    over the Labor party.

217. Mother Lode

That excrete (or is it abstruse) you supplied areff is…breathtaking.

It is like one of those cases where people feel their discipline does not get as much respect as it deserves, so they try to make seem scientific – loading it with jargon and ‘axioms’, ‘theories’ and ‘principles’.

Having convinced themselves that their discipline consists of this haphazard jumble of theory, rather than the the objective itself, they end up in the most frightful confused mess.

And all the time the kids scholastic abilities sink further and further.

None
    #2901717, posted on January 8, 2019 at 1:37 pm

You just made that up.

219. Speedbox

Because he apparently married a russian bimbo….

Oksana Voevodina married the King in late November last year. Now 25, she won the Miss Moscow competition in 2015. She is a graduate of the elite Plekhanov Russian University of Economics. Her father is an orthopedic surgeon. Prior to the marriage she converted to Islam and upon marriage, she changed her first name to Rihana.

Yes, she is smokin’ hot.

220. None

areff

#2901720, posted on January 8, 2019 at 1:43 pm

LOL yes. Good paraphrase.

( more seriously I was very concerned to see so many sessions by feminist teachers or about pedagogy. They really are after everybody’s kids).

Speedbox
    #2901731, posted on January 8, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Because he apparently married a russian bimbo….

Yes, she is smokin’ hot.

Must be true love then.
    Good luck to them.

222. Stimpson J. Cat

@LindseyGrahamSC

Good decision by President
    @realDonaldTrump
    to address the nation about the crisis at our southern border. Great opportunity to explain to the American people why we need more border security funding. The current situation at the border is indeed a national security crisis.

3:28 AM · Jan 8, 2019

Is it happening?

223. None

You just made that up.

That’s exactly what that s*** says, honest. Although I’m now laughing at arref’s paraphrase because it reminds me of the really bizarre warnings on the packaging of small electrical appliances sold in the UK back in the days when I worked there. It really made me think the Brits was seriously sick and kinky

224. DavidH

Re the “catastrophic event” and “tsunami” posts, I did a report a few months ago on tsunami risk to Aus east coast for my geology studies. Volcanic eruptions are not considered a major risk for causing large tsunamis on our coast, nor are large earthquakes. The tsunami from the Krakatau eruption did arrive in Sydney harbour, as a 1 foot high wave that “moved ships at anchor”. (Look for the newspaper reports in Trove.) We were hit by tsunami waves from the two historically largest earthquakes ever but these were in the order of one metre or less, causing some minor damage to boats in Eden, from memory. The main risk is from underwater landslides, ones that are relatively near the coast. Bathymetric surveys have found landslide scars on the seafloor, including one off Byron Bay that has a slope deposit nearby that’s thought to be a possible future slip. Such events are believed to be able to generate tsunamis with runup heights up to 5 metres and over 1km inland inundation.

225. Black Ball

From what the Day After Tomorrow informed me, we don’t need landslips to cause tsunamis that swallow the Statue Of Liberty. Climate change does that.

226. None

Haha he’s a sterile old bastard who needs an incubator. Will she be wife number two three or four? I wonder how long should stick around now that is no longer King.

227. Confused Old Misfit

Fear not Byron Bay!
    Shorten and Labor will save the day!
    Mitigation efforts will be initiated!
    Stop climate change!
    Stop underwater landslides!
    You will be taxed and you will like it!

228. None

That’s not exactly comforting, David H.

None
    #2901747, posted on January 8, 2019 at 2:18 pm

He is still a big-wig, sultan of one of the states, the kingship is a musical chair sort of thing there, with each of the 9 sultans getting a 5 year term.

230. Stimpson J. Cat

Excellent.
    Byron Bay needs a good f$cking wash.
    Dirty Hippies.