Monday Forum: January 14, 2019

1,698 Responses to Monday Forum: January 14, 2019

1 5 6 7
  1. Leo G

The next step to total eradication of onionweed is to treat the area with either a non-selective herbicide (like Roundup / Glyphosate) or even boiling water*.

But if your problem plant is South African oniongrass (aka Guildford grass) and not onionweed, Metsulfuron more selectively eliminates weeds with corms or bulbs.

Opal Tower: How off the plan will now be off the table
    Comment Jonathan Chancellor, The Daily Telegraph
    an hour ago

Property markets don’t like uncertainty.

And the interim report on the cracking issues affecting apartments in Sydney’s Opal Tower failed to help.

It let down not just the frustrated owner occupiers and tenants, but Sydney’s entire new build apartment industry.

The investigation ruled out extreme weather, poor quality materials and those initial suggestions it had something to do with the foundations.
    It instead pointed to the hob beams and the precast concrete panels that rest on them.

Every anxious off-the-plan buyer henceforth will be asking questions about hob beams, a hitherto unknown building term to the masses.

The report of the independent engineers isolated the probable cause to localised structural design in the complex proud of its innovative garden design incorporated within the high-rise floors.

The high-rise was called “unique” given this design.
    The shocks of the Christmas Eve cracking will continue for years beyond the dramatic evacuation, possibly until the blame and liability is finally sheeted home.

There will be an immediate drag on the sales in other newly built apartment blocks.

Buyers will understandably be very nervous.

The lay person, and potential buyer, will wonder just how could an impressive-looking high-rise that had ­satisfied many planning authorities, including the Sydney Olympic Park ­Authority, Auburn Council, the NSW Department of Planning, and the Building Code of Australia, have such a structural problem more akin to the third world than Sydney.

The off the plan apartment sector was already facing the headwinds of oversupply along with dampened valuations and a credit crunch, but now there will be understandable hesitation before buyers sign up to purchase.

There us no shame in being an ugly woman, but there is shame in being an unlikable one.
    Ugly on the inside is far worse.

None is Ech-ech-ech-ech-ech-ech-ech-ech’s ugly sister?

4. mh

The market must think the Gillette ad was great.

It worked for me. I’m even questioning now whether I should stand or sit to take a piss.

5. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

IT doesn’t shave his b®lls.
    Grigs polishes them to a rubbery sheen.

it has [email protected] or it had [email protected] before transition

I’m just kidding, mh.

I’ve hated Gillette with a passion. Their prime focus in business was ripping off their customers and trying to make outlandish margins. In fact, the prime reason their competitor whose name I forget got off the floor and made a come back was because Gillette customers were so hacked off.

In any event Gillette is not an overwhelming share of PG business.

You could argue that the stubble look came about because of pissed off customers.

7. Wilkinson Sword safety blades and razor work for me.
    Haven’t used Gillette for decades.

Poll reveals national backlash at changing Australia Day date

exclusive
    Simon Benson
    National Affairs Editor
    @simonbenson
    12:00AM January 16, 2019
    183 Comments

Australians have overwhelmingly rejected a push by the left-wing lobby to change the date of Australia Day, with almost 80 per cent of voters claiming to be proud to celebrate the landing of the First Fleet on January 26.

Rejection by mainstream Australia of the culture war being fuelled by the Greens-backed Invasion Day rallies has been revealed in a national poll that has confirmed that there was no mood among voters for changing the date of Australia Day.

With activist group GetUp also escalating its campaign for change by describing January 26 as celebrating a “massacre”, the poll shows widespread concern among Australians with 92 per cent believing the nation was now hostage to political correctness that had gone too far.

The poll was commissioned by the conservative lobby group Advance Australia and conducted by Mediareach, which polled 1659 voters nationally on January 14. The group claimed it wanted to get ahead of what had now become an annual debate.

From the Oz.

Rambler

I’m trying to think of the name… it’s something shick?

10. Nick

“We encourage government to courageously take all the active measures possible to reduce the risk,” her family said in a statement last night.

It wunt the girls’ fault, nor her maw and paw, it were the guvermint what forced that poor girl to take that cute pill that was made in a bikies’ garage.

11. Stimpson J. Cat

Imagine actually not being able to type B®lls on an Australian Libertarian website.

That is literally gayer than Gillette.

“The Best A Man Can Get! “

Tom

#2908626, posted on January 16, 2019 at 10:09 am

Milan menswear designers: even though most of them are mincing queens, they always used to understand they were designing stuff for blokes.

The mincing queen element of the wymminses fashion industry is even more worser.
    They choose emaciated stick insect models (no tits, no waist, no hips) and hang atrocious rags on them.
    The end result looks like a tomato stake wrapped in a fitted sheet.
    If just one bloke in the wymmins fashion industry got a twitch in the groin at the sight of a properly constructed woman, men the world over would be right into fashion shows and buying up attractive clothes for their brides.

Harken.

Can you stop being a dickhead, or is that an impossible request? Start your stupid prattle like a normal person instead of the hark bullshit. You’re not impressing anyone.

Men who complete surveys are gay.

Everyone knows this.

Hark – Is it true that Angels like yourself use a flaming sword for such things?

16. bespoke

Try no bolded balls IR.

17. Infidel Tiger

The WaPo has fact checked Trump’s claim that the stack of burgers was “a mile high”.

I shit thee not.

18. bespoke

IR has a special relationship with Scinc to getaway with that.

19. Stimpson J. Cat

Balls
    No problem

So it’s just me?

20. John Constantine

How good would it be if Trump tweeted that the pile of burgers was as bid as Bozo’s divorce payout?.

And they had Many, Many Fries.

How a post-war population explosion put an end to Sydney’s ‘visionary’ Green Belt plan
    By Sue Daniel for Curious Sydney [ABC]

Updated 29 Mar 2018, 2:24pm

Growth was heavily on the mind of Labor premier William McKell when he created the Cumberland County Council in 1945, a tier of government between state and local government.

In 1948 the council released the Cumberland Plan, a scheme that legislated for the future direction of metropolitan Sydney and was made law in 1951.

It included land use zoning, suburban employment zones, open-space acquisitions and most controversially, the Green Belt.

“Ensuring for all time, ready access by urban populations to a countryside specially planned and maintained for their benefit,” it said.

The plan was the first post-war metropolitan plan in Australia and has been described as “visionary and radical” by many who have studied it.

The problem was no-one foresaw the extent of pressure on housing because of the post-war baby boom and explosion in immigration.

Architect and town planner from Cox Architecture, Bob Meyer, says the County Council’s population growth projections were very wrong.

“The County of Cumberland’s population estimate was dramatically underestimated, because the 2.25 million that they projected by 1981, was reached in 1961, 20 years ahead of their projection,” he said.

“Between 1947 and 1971 Sydney’s population increased by 1.3 million, more than twice the number predicted by the Cumberland Plan,” authors Peter Spearritt and Christine DeMarco said in their book “Planning Sydney’s future”.

Infidel Tiger
    #2908655, posted on January 16, 2019 at 10:46 am

I shit thee not.

Lol. Bozo must be furious.

So you can stop carrying on as if it is a weirdo practice, especially if under 40.

Just ask Backdoor Benny?

24. Stimpson J. Cat

B®lls
    No problem

It’s because I’m Mentally Ill isn’t it?

Also the AI knows I hate machines.

Goddammit.

F®cking Sane People with your rules and your hair and your machines and your Lycra and your normal jackets that don’t have back buckles.

25. IR has a special relationship with Scinc to getaway with that.

Regular donations to Sinc retirement fund will do it.

26. It’s because I’m Mentally Ill isn’t it?

Yes Stimp. The doomlord has special rules for you.

The Left MSM have gone totally insane. Trump is sending them crazy. The Hill was once semi okay. Not WSJ okay, but it could at times have a reasonable story.

Not any more

Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?

I shit thee not.

Heh.

They’re also complaining about the cost.

Even though Trump paid for it all himself.

I think we’ve reached peak TDS.

29. Leo G

Four thousand one hundred and ninety-eight men completed the survey. Of these men, 2,120 (50.5%) reported regular pubic hair grooming. The prevalence of grooming decreases with age, odds ratio = 0.95 (95% confidence interval [0.94, 0.96])

What could be wrong with a survey which results in half of respondents claiming they never wash or tidy their pubes hair?

Have people read snippets of Bozos texts to the tart. He’s the richest dude in the world able to more or less pick up (NOT PUSSY GRAB) anyone he wants within reason, but he’s writing texts like an innocent school kid. I don’t know how he can show his face in public again.

31. news.com.au – This is totally unprecedented. Experts are warning that horror heatwave conditions will be felt across large parts of Australia today.

Dannograd 25° C

32. Cactus

Re: Gillette – I showed the Ad to my wife who is in marketing. She thought the ad was great. I told her I thought it was horrible. She just said “who do you think does the shopping and decides what shaver is in the basket”. Men are not the target audience.

33. Mater

Professional survey respondents. Just the type to shave their balls…or participate in the 2016 Presidential Election polling.

Once the panel members are recruited, they receive notification via e-mail to participate in a study sample. Panel members may also check their personal online member page to participate in survey taking. The topic of the survey is given to participants. Participants do not see any questions from a particular survey until they accept the survey. The topic of the current study given to participants was “Personal Grooming Injuries.” GfK provides a laptop or netbook computer and free Internet service to all panel members without access to the Internet. For the current study, panel members received 1,000 points for completing the survey, which is the cash equivalent of $1.

34. Mater

Men are not the target audience

They’re the target, not the audience!

35. Infidel Tiger

Women have husbands and sons.

If your wife thinks men are toxic, put that bitch on the curb for street side collection.

Me.

Schick.

Next!

37. Mater

Yep, [email protected] went into moderation.
    Do we have differing levels of access? Am I seen as a problem child?

38. Matrix Transform

Gilette …

some of the people telling all of the people that 1/2 the people are toxic

39. 132andBush

Johanna,
    Re the onion weed.
    If glyphosate isn’t working try chlorosulfuron (Glean herbicide) at 20gr/100lt relative mixture.
    Give them a good soak and smoke should start appearing soon after!
    Be careful with lawn though.

Men are not the target audience

They’re the target, not the audience!

Nicely done!

41. Infidel Tiger

The only reason women are allowed to speak, drive a car, walk around without being [email protected] and murdered is because of good men.

Time they started giving us props. We can always withdraw our services and give them a lesson in reality.

Lol

“I love you, alive girl. I will show you with my body, and my lips and my eyes, very soon,”

“I basically WANT TO BE WITH YOU!!! Then I want to fall asleep with you and wake up tomorrow and read the paper with you and have coffee with you.”

“You make me better. You’re meant for me. I know it more clearly than I’ve ever known anything,”

“I love everything about you. I love that your last pic takes me completely out of my head. I am crazy about you. All of you. I need to smell and touch you. I want to hold you. I know you’re right for me. I know we fit,” he wrote, according to the paper.

“I like it when you’re strong, and I like it when you’re vulnerable. Everything. The only thing I don’t like is not being with you. All of this is just straight from my heart. I love everything about you.”

“You can’t fight chemistry!”

“I want to smell you, I want to breathe you in. I want to hold you tight.… I want to kiss your lips…. I love you. I am in love with you.”

“I will show you with my body, and my lips and my eyes, very soon.”

43. bespoke

Vichy conservative will start denouncing any boycotts soon.

The delegation from the Rejkjavik Bureau of Meteorology must be in town. The local BOM zombies are desperate to impress. They won’t mention the cold front blowing in through Marble Bar, where it’s only 34C.

Mater, Rambler is using a coding that flies under the radar. That is the sum of my sleuthing skills. He skited about it a few weeks ago.

Shameless.

46. Infidel Tiger

Bezos sounds like a clingy beta.

That half plastic trash is going to dump your arse in a year or two.

47. feelthebern

Dollar Shave Club.

Owned by unilever.
    I’m sure they are saints.

48. 132andBush

I shit thee not.

Big win for Trump.

Peak TDS is as mythical as peak oil.

Bezos sounds like a clingy beta.

Lol Ya think?

50. bespoke

Vichy-Con’s will be out cautioning against boycotts.

51. Infidel Tiger

We all need to go back to getting a morning shave at a local barber.

Only localism can deliver us from evil.

Mine gets a little tetchy when I ask him to do my bäll sack, but that’s his hang ups not mine.

52. We can always withdraw our services and give them a lesson in reality.

But you realize this means you might have to go a day or two without a root?

“I love you, alive girl. I will show you with my body, and my lips and my eyes, very soon”

$1.01 that turns up in a @realDonaldTrump tweet in the next seven days.

With his eyes? Is he going to pop one out to impress her?

Bound to work.

55. Stimpson J. Cat

Owned by unilever.
    I’m sure they are saints.

So technically I am shaving my b®lls with Uncle George.
    Is that what you are telling me now?

56. Leo G

Burger airlift?
    Wapo hope to get a lot of mileage out of a little bit of hyperbole.

57. Swedish pharmacy.

Customer: “Can I have some deodorant please?”
    Pharmacist: “Barl or Ar iss sol ?”
    Customer: “Neither. It’s for under my arms”

58. Goanna

Johanna.
    Consider using Ally on onion weed.

59. Mater

Cactus, you reminded me of a meme I saw recently:

50 Shades of Grey is only “romantic” because he’s a billionaire.
    If he lived in a trailer park it would be an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

60. Speedbox

Coeliacs disease is not equivalent to gluten intolerance and someone can have a gluten intolerance without being a celiac. Coeliacs can only be diagnosed via an endoscopy and biopsy by a gastroentorologist, that is, a medical specialist not just a GP and certainly not by some two-bit fuckwit on the internet.

No kidding. Non-coeliac gluten sensitivity is a separate issue. Why do you explain the fucking obvious. Is it some need for attention?

40C predicted for Friday, we’ll see.

Who leaked Monty’s correspondence with a donut?

We all need to go back to getting a morning shave at a local barber.

In the 90s the John Gotti (the Dapper Don) cases were raging. The only thing that curiously impressed me about him that came in the NY Post was that he’d have a barber come to his home ever day. Every day!

bàłlš ⚽🏈⚾🏀🏉🥎🏐

65. feelthebern

A barber shave is very harsh on the skin.

66. John Constantine

Weekly Times runs story on animal activists running crowd funding appeals to finance farm invasions and animal theft posing as rescue.

Apparently people get a thrill from watching their money fund cute uni students to go stealthy burgling and clutch stolen chickens to their heaving and intensely correct bosoms.

Their vikpol ignore the paper trails, as it isn’t far right christian fundementalist Nazi activity.

Googling the address of a chicken farm, then zooming in on the map and photos to plan your assault can be done from your bedroom.

One day, they will go in with a chicken arse rot disease, release it and kill all the chickens to save them from slavery.

Comrades.

67. EvilElvis

JC
    #2908684, posted on January 16, 2019 at 11:15 am
    Lol

Geez, this Mills and Boons will write itself with ammunition like this. I probably would have capitalised and bolded it all though. Just so she knows I’m serious.

Every tech super billionaire today is both a girly man and as ugly as sin; most of them would not have bedded more than a couple of women and that cuck who runs chook-book maybe not even that. More than anything else they are the reason why the West is what it is today. And other than Trump there is no Western leader with balls; except in Poland, Hungary, Italy and that guy from Austria has a couple of testicles as well.

I’m not sure it it still goes on as much, Italian men would go to the barber each or every other day for a shave. They’d have a monthly payment deal going. In June, I walked past a few barber shops and there were dudes getting shaves.

70. John Constantine

Glean and Ally applied through a wick applicator directly to the weeds, no soil contact.

Selective control and no stoop work.

71. Leo G

40C predicted for Friday, we’ll see.

The AWS at Olympic Park is poorly sited. It’s on the edge of an archery field near a shallow wetland pond and is known to give readings up to 10 degree C higher in some conditions compared with readings taken at better sites in the same part of Sydney.

72. Nob

The Danish word for shaving cream/foam is barberskum.

73. Johanna.
    Consider using Ally on onion weed.

It’ll kill onion weed alright but I’d keep Sulfonylurea herbicides well away from a garden,

And asks

Why didn’t this interesting bit of corporate history make it into the new ad? Of course it’s entirely possible that P&G management had little or no knowledge of the production, and that Gillette marketers relied on an outside agency to craft the new message.

I reckon it’s that. If you listen to the CEO and CFO’s quarterly updates (I don’t as much anymore), they sound like regular dudes totally focused on what they are good at. Making a cake of soap, wrapping it with decent looking wrapping and selling the crap at a healthy margin all over the world. Also, I’ve never noticed P&G going for SJW bullshit. I think it’s an aberration. I hope!

75. The A.D,:

1. A Shorten federal government and maybe wall to wall state Labor here.
    2. Further systematic dismantling of power grids with the poor and industries priced out and the well- off moving to subsidized solar and power-walls, insulated against the resulting massive disruption.
    3. Left of centre parties across the Anglosphere moving further radical progressive and cleaning out their old centrists.

I would like to see point 1 happen. All the Leftist freaks would be out celebrating the ascension to power of their ideology. They would be like cockroaches on a kitchen floor when lights out is declared. Then we can take names and numbers.
    It would be interesting to see if gated communities tried micro nukes, to get away from grid instability.
    Point 3 would be most intriguing to watch. It brings to mind Danny La Rue and the famous interview he did decades ago about legalising homosexual activity – “Daahling! I think it should be made compulsory!”
    Again, cockroaches scuttling around kitchen floors thinking it’s safe to come out.
    We live in most interesting times, and they are about to become more interestinger.

Ads just now on late morning Seven News were switched into the zeitgeist.
    First was for AWFL. Are we allowed to change it to ROFL?
    Second was for Jenny Craig, which apparently can turn you into an African-American in 6 weeks.
    Third was for fake grass. A desirably fake lawn is a thing. No onion grass problems ever again!
    I wonder if the Greens have worked out that fake grass is made of da ebil plastic yet?

Hahahahahahahhaha

“I loved this campaign, but you’ve lost one customer — my wife’s boyfriend was offended by the ad and said he’ll never buy Gillette again.”

78. 132andBush

But Glyph is the deadliest ever!!

/sarc

Being half white makes you black … or brown or something.
    Anyway, Fairfax and SJWs are swooning about a doll:
    Serena Williams’ daughter’s doll might be the breakout star of the Australian Open.

Believe it or not, a male journalist wrote this.

Serena Williams’ one-year-old daughter OIympia Ohanian is no stranger to social media, despite her age.

Olympia already has 540,000 followers on Instagram but it’s her doll, Qai Qai, that’s stealing the headlines during her first trip to Australia.

Qai Qai – pronounced Qway Qway – has 88,000 followers on Instagram and was a topic of conversation during Williams’ press conference following her punishing victory over neighbour Tatjana Maria of Germany on Tuesday.

“I wanted her to have a black doll,” Williams told reporters. “Growing up, I didn’t have that many opportunities to have black dolls. And I was just thinking, like, I want her first doll to be black. And her heritage, obviously she’s mixed, she’s Caucasian and black, but I feel like that was her first doll and I said her second doll would be Caucasian.”

80. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

whoa… so risqué

81. EvilElvis

The bolded and capitalised message came through on Elle’s phone. She was everything the text had said but it’s anonymous writer had no intent to capitalise on her bounty or be bold enough to take her down, as she long dreamed, like a gazelle taken by a lion on the Aka Akadango. For now she would have to be satisfied, peering from her Opal apartment window into Lizzie’s bathroom window. Who was this hairy man, freshly keyhole scarred carrying Lizzie’s limp, quivering body from the shower, dripping with not only water, but firey lust. The fire burned deep in Elle’s soul and thighs, longing for the lions strong touch, waiting to be devoured. Little did Elle know that below her, her dream was forming. A tanned, sweat glistened construction worker was surveying the cracks forming in the apartments below. The challenge of her manly work made her tight body swell at her blue, lightly tied crop top and her daisy dukes. Her hardhat belied the blonde locks trapped underneath, eager to flow and escape. She was ripe for the picking, but that would have to wait. She had one more inspection to complete, Elle’s apartment above. Elle was just stepping from the shower as her bell rang, quickly covering with a towel she hastened to the door, gazelle like, on the other side, Calli. The lioness was about to leave the reservation…

Vile [email protected] Robert John Fardon a free man
    Alex Utting, Sarah Vogler, The Courier-Mail
    January 16, 2019 10:00am

QUEENSLAND’S most notorious s3x-offender Robert John Fardon is walking the streets a free man after a last-ditch bid to stop him living unsupervised failed.

The Courier-Mail can today reveal the State Government was unable to stop the 70-year-old being released into the community without restrictions after a gag-order enforced by the courts was lifted this morning.

Fardon is considered one of Queensland’s worst [email protected] offenders and was jailed for 13 years in 1988 for the violent [email protected] of a woman. Shockingly, he committed a further [email protected] just four months after being released from jail.

Fardon is also responsible for the [email protected] of a 12-year-old girl at gunpoint.

83. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

China’s moon “rover” is called jade rabbit

84. thefrollickingmole

Infidel Tiger
    #2908695, posted on January 16, 2019 at 11:21 am
    We all need to go back to getting a morning shave at a local barber.

Illegal in WA….

You cant request a shave at a barbers (who follows the law), I asked 2 different places last year and its verboten by the health stasi.

85. Mater

Believe it or not, a male journalist wrote this

Nah, I don’t believe you.

Anthony Colangelo
    @AnthColangelo
    19 Oct 2018

Can Savage Garden re-form and play live because I WOULD GO TO THAT CONCERT

86. EvilElvis

Illegal in WA….

I know one in Perth and one in Bunbury that openly advertise and market their businesses on old school shaves. I was also a ‘model’ for a salon next to me who were training some staff in cut throat shaves. I’d imagine you can’t use a proper cut throat razor, they’re all replaceable blade types now.

87. Mater

1. A Shorten federal government and maybe wall to wall state Labor here.

Well, we might become a banana republic…but it’s going to feel like a pineapple!

88. Speedbox

thefrollickingmole
    #2908740, posted on January 16, 2019 at 12:11 pm

…..We all need to go back to getting a morning shave at a local barber.

Illegal in WA….

Really? Why? Is it just because of cut throat razors?

89. bespoke

the backlash shows that that progress has been less linear than we would like, and that with forward movement comes those reactionaries who dig in their heels.

Progress can not be linear.

From the North American Auto show. WTF is this… a concept tractor?

Terrible, terrible testimony is emerging because of the aged care royal commission. But the truth is this: if families are unwilling to look after their own elderly, they shouldn’t be surprised that strangers often don’t care much about them either. This is one of the big truths of contemporary Western life and, as such, cannot be honestly stated. We all agree to bullshit each other about the problem being sub-par training and pay so that we can dodge the responsibility and enjoy the ‘freedom.’ The state plays along. It’s a typical modern symbiosis of mutually reinforcing moral delusion.

92. Really? Why? Is it just because of cut throat razors?

The barber man was small and flash, as barbers mostly are,
    He wore a strike-your-fancy sash, he smoked a huge cigar;
    He was a humorist of note and keen at repartee,
    He laid the odds and kept a “tote”, whatever that may be,
    And when he saw our friend arrive, he whispered, “Here’s a lark!
    Just watch me catch him all alive, this man from Ironbark.”

And “Murder! Bloody murder!” yelled the man from Ironbark.

link

93. John Constantine

Will Australia’s corruptocracy back the European Union or a brexit britain?.

Australian national farmers federation wymynsys on ABC radio bully pulpit now, declaring brexit will hit Britain like the War.

Good little European commos have occupied the farmers federation with vegynsys progressing global and eternal Tyranny.

Only one nation will be left with Many, Many Fries.

Comrades.

94. Baldrick

WTF is this… a concept tractor?

Looks like an autonomous plastic cow.

95. Infidel Tiger

Boomers shitting themselves. Literally!

And “Murder! Bloody murder!” yelled the man from Ironbark.

Getting a haircut, in a Wheatbelt barbershop, and discovering that four middle aged men, the barber included, knew all the words to “The Man From Ironbark.”

Frédéric Bastiat:

The state is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else.

Not a whole lot has changed… finding more creative places to hide problems.

98. Stimpson J. Cat

Yep.
    It’s because of the Gay’s and the AIDs.

99. Mater

Really? Why? Is it just because of cut throat razors?

AIDS, Hepatitis, etc
    Just fixed blade cut throats.
    Risk of blood transfer from small nicks.

Blades must be disposable and replaced for every customer.
    They use the same premise when using cut throats for neck shaving during haircuts.

100. There were some gilded youths that sat along the barber’s wall.
    Their eyes were dull, their heads were flat, they had no brains at all;

Not much has changed since 1892.

My perfect home back in the news.

They’re asking for $6000,000.

102. Mother Lode

Front page of today’s Hun reveals that flight attendants were used as mules to smuggle heroin into Melbourne.

If it is Qantas then I think they have got the details the wrong way around.

Qantas has been using mules as flight attendants.

103. Fisky

Australia has been importing thousands of Africans to do the jobs that Australians won’t do – cleaning out the bed-pans of elderly white people. And boy are they surly about it. It’s all for getting PR of course, but in the meantime they can’t even pretend to enjoy the work, so you can only imagine what they’re like in the nursing home.

104. Stimpson J. Cat

They’re asking for $6000,000.

Holy sh®t.
    Has it got it’s own shark pool?
    That’s amazing.

Cactus

#2908672, posted on January 16, 2019 at 11:09 am

Newsflash.
    Mrs L does the shopping and, yes, she places the razors in the basket.
    But I have about five razor handles in the bathroom cabinet which were purchased in haste and never used again because they were shit.
    So, no, she is decidedly not the decision maker on that purchase.
    Marketers … too clever by half.

106. Speedbox

Found this:

Cutthroat razors with a non-changeable blade are not permitted for use in any commercial hairdressing establishment in Western Australia due to the risk of spreading blood-borne viruses such as hepatitis B and HIV/AIDS.

After use, micro-organisms and small, invisible quantities of blood and bodily fluids can remain on the razor blade. Simply washing and disinfecting the blade will not destroy these micro-organisms and will place clients at risk of infection if the blade is reused.

Cutthroat razors with disposable single use blades are permitted. A new disposable blade must be used for each client, and the detachable blade must be disposed of into a sharps container as per Australian Standard AS4031 after each use.

SMH:

The world’s 15 hottest sites on Tuesday were all in Australia

Australia was home to all fifteen of the world’s hottest temperatures on Tuesday, a feat it may well repeat on Wednesday and beyond as a huge swathe of the nation bakes.

Well it is the height of summer only in the sourthern hemisphere.

Fitting out nursing homes with cameras for every inch of space, should see behavior modified.

China envisions moon base after far-side success

Can they build a Great Wall on the US-Mexican border?

Works until the pushback hits. Men are easy going on almost everything… until they aren’t. Wives generally have a nuance for this.

111. Gab

“Who leaked Monty’s correspondence with a donut?”

Too easy. Hillary, of course.

112. thefrollickingmole

Yep.
    It’s because of the Gay’s and the AIDs.

Thats the reason…
    AIDS and hep.

We (finally) look like we have a new nurse coming to site as a permanent employee.
    Shes coming from what is probably the worst sector of health (Stimpy pay attention), geriatric mental health.
    So effectively the elderly insane (not Alzheimers), people who have been committed and grown elderly in the system.

Working here will be a cakewalk for her after that.

“I wanted her to have a black doll,” Williams told reporters.

I thought golliwogs were banned.

114. Speedbox

If it is Qantas then I think they have got the details the wrong way around.

Qantas has been using mules as flight attendants.

Very witty, but the airline is allegedly Malindo Air.

WTF is this… a concept tractor?

Gillette had better watch out for nanobot shavers.

116. Rebel with cause

What sort of man let’s his wife decide for him what brand of shaver to use? Gillette razor users I guess…

117. bespoke

Fisky

My youngest son’s group of friend’s vary from bankers and other assorted professionals to blokes working in nursing homes. None of them give status any thought.

Doesn’t seem to apply in NSW, the hairdressers I go to use straight razors to do back of neck jungle control. Instils great respect in me for those ladies, since the alternative to great respect could be great anguish.

119. Twostix

Mildest qld summer in years.

China’s moon lander sprouted a plant

Triffids?
    Was Weinstein doing the watering?

Just past the Summer solstice, quelle surprise!

122. Speedbox

BoN – Doesn’t apply in QLD either. I found the prohibition words I posted above on a WA Govt website.

I’ve always brought my own shavers – secret men’s business.

124. OldOzzie

Less famous five is how we like it

Adam Creighton

Enid Blyton had her Famous Five. Our parliament has the forgotten five, an obscure band of underpaid Coalition backbenchers ­quietly working away in a bygone tradition of parliamentary sovereignty.

The forgotten five have languished alone, on the government side of politics, on $261,700 a year since entering parliament.

Forget the often reported standard backbench salary of $207,100. MPs receive a vehicle allowance of $19,500 a year and an additional $35,000 electorate allowance, which are also paid and taxed as salary. Then there’s 15.4 per cent super.

Nevertheless, hardly anyone puts up with this. It turns out 96 of the 104 Coalition members of the federal parliament are ministers, former ministers, committee chairs or deputy chairs or holders of some other parliamentary ­office that bumps up their salary. In other words they are, or have been quite recently, on the government teat.

You’re not going to ask too many difficult questions in parliament if you might lose your 11 per cent bump as chairman of a committee, or 5 per cent as a deputy whip. And you won’t say boo if you’re a minister on a 58 per cent pay bump, earning about $380,000.

Section 65 of the Constitution mandates that the number of ministers “should not exceed seven in number … until the parliament otherwise provides”. It’s a shame about that second part. Boy has the parliament otherwise provided, to the tune of 600 per cent more in fact.

There are 42 ministers in the Morrison government. Just seven made up Edmund Barton’s in 1901. That means more than 40 per cent of Coalition MPs in the parliament are ministers. There are ministers for sport, cities, seniors — portfolios that, apart from being silly, don’t even have corresponding ministries to support them. There are three defence ministers in ­effect.

The bulk are baubles awarded at the discretion of the leader of government, and quite nice ones too, given even the 11 assistant ministers earn about $313,000.

It’s not just the salary, ministers have higher pension entitlements. “It accrues at the rate of 6.25 per cent of the additional salary for each year the office is held. Put another way, each day as an office-holder attracts a benefit of 0.0171 per cent of additional salary … the additional pensions in respect of those offices are aggregated,” the handbook states.

One almost admires the parsimony of the first Whitlam ministry, in which Gough Whitlam and his deputy Lance Barnard shared 17 ministries. That’s productivity.

There are only eight backbenchers within the Coalition ranks, including three former committee chairmen (Andrew Wallace, Jim Molan and Ted O’Brien) and the forgotten five who have not held any office.

The extraordinary growth in the executive, even within parliament, is making a mockery of the separation of powers, notwithstanding the present government’s tenuous grip on a majority in the House of Representatives.

At some point the creation of additional ministers becomes embarrassing, not least because it’s tricky to fit everyone on the frontbench in parliament. But never fear – create a committee. There are 66 committees on matters including charity fundraising. There’s even a standing committee on senators’ interests, which has clearly excelled given how few have missed out on pay bumps.

Committee chairmen are decided by the prime minister’s office and the leader of the government in the Senate. Obviously, irritants are likely to miss out, which helps hopefuls in line.

So, who are the forgotten five? In the House of Representatives, of the 74 Coalition MPs only ­Nicolle Flint, Chris Crewther and Trevor Evans haven’t held offices yet. In the less crowded Senate, Amanda Stoker and Steve Martin are alone among 30 Coalition senators in making the cut.

They have time on their side, though. All except Martin are 40 or younger. Unless they lose their seats in the election, all are surely bound for at least some form of committee largesse.

Section 44 of the Constitution is concerned with stopping people who have “offices of profit under the crown” from entering parliament. It’s about keeping parliament as distinct from government as possible without violating the principle that ministers must be drawn from it.

The authors of our Constitution built in checks to avoid what had been common practice of British governments in the 18th and 19th centuries of stacking the House of Lords with friends of the government of the day.

As the High Court made clear in cases against former senator Bob Day and Senate hopeful Hollie Hughes, it takes the provision seriously. Day was leasing property to the government, ­Hughes was on the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, which is often stacked with friends of ministers and former political staffers.

As the pace of substantive legislation slows, the real power of government has become clearer: appointment. It’s the power to appoint favoured individuals to ­sinecures not just in the bureaucracy but within parliament itself.

The explosion of ministries and committees has undermined parliament’s ability to function independently.

It’s become a costly rubber stamp, making question time an expensive farce. A Coalition “backbencher” has, apparently, more than a 90 per cent chance of being a minister or a committee chair or parliamentary office holder. It was and would be similar under Labor.

In the House of Commons, when a Conservative member for Toad-on-Trent stands up to ask a question, the conservative prime minister could well expect a bollocking. In that house the number of ministers is dwarfed by the number of backbenchers.

That’s as it should be. In Canberra, banal sycophancy from our so-called government backbenchers is the order of the day. It would be in the interests of our democracy if the forgotten became a much larger group.

125. candy

They read like a person entranced with themselves. Very deliberate, to impress as a romantic hero, but kind of cold.

126. Elle

EvilElvis @ 12:03pm. You’re a hoot!
    Why haven’t I been evacuated from the Opal apartment block?

127. Cactus

re; razors.

I laughed pretty heartily at some of the responses. Especially “They’re the target, not the audience!”

On women doing the shopping, I guess it depends on the household. In mine, we both share it, and I make all the decisions on my grooming products.

I think it is a dumb move by any brand to try to be divisive. Yeah sure Gilette got a bunch of free air time by social media, but how many people will be turned off? If I had a business, I wouldn’t be mocking lefties, greenies or anything. I’d just want to maximise my customer engagement.

Who’s going to win this?

NO DEAL IN SIGHT
    TRUMP WARNS MORE SHUTDOWN!

Whichever sides relents is possible suicide.

129. Snoopy

I’m sure there’s a reason for outrage here somewhere. I just can’t put my finger on it.

Seagull population on Sorell causeway to be monitored after 20-year egg oiling program stops

130. Max 32.5C at Sydney Olympic Park yesterday, despite a prediction of 36C, a discrepancy of +2.5C.
    40C predicted for Friday, we’ll see.

They do it all the time.

Why? Because idiots post forecasts as “proof” of gerbil warming.

131. EvilElvis

Why haven’t I been evacuated from the Opal apartment block?

Because you haven’t shaken the foundations sufficiently enough. Yet…

Elvis!

The burning question….how would you like to leave the building? Head or feet first?

🤣

133. Mother Lode

NO DEAL IN SIGHT
    TRUMP WARNS MORE SHUTDOWN!

Doesn’t Trump have the option of using Reconciliation to get the wall funded needing only 50 votes in the new Senate?

The Democrats will just respond by saying it is a kind of cheating, that Trump couldn’t get his way ‘legally’, how they will reverse it (and likely never will) etc.

Trump has the nous to make sure a strategy delivers more than his opponents are expecting.

Lol. The Little Thermometer That Could.

No idea.
    Why hasn’t he done it yet, Lode?

OldOzzie
    #2908795, posted on January 16, 2019 at 1:18 pm

ALP created many ministries and ministerial secretaries. Everyone had to get something. Once created never go.

NO DEAL IN SIGHT
    TRUMP WARNS MORE SHUTDOWN!

#fakenews

It should read MORE…MORE SHUTDOWN!

138. Man punches 11yo girl, gets arrested.
    Then the video comes out…

139. feelthebern

The bloke should have been an adult & gotten away from the situation.
    Would’ve saved him a world of grief.

140. struth

You know, yesterday I thought I’d taken thinks a bit too far talking about the fact Mrs Struth doesn’t find me doing accents in bed at all funny.

Good god.
    Looking at the stuff that was talked about later on, I should not have bothered.

In regards to b-a-l-l-s.
    Sinc doesn’t like mine either, yet some get to display their b a l l s around here without a care in the world

141. Mother Lode:

Someone up thread may have hit the nail correctly?
    After a month, the PS can be fired?

142. mh

EvilElvis, is this the best you can get?

Your behaviour is toxic. You are only reinforcing the stereotype of what it means to be a man.

Boys will be boys is not good enough. We need to challenge ourselves. What your are doing is not cool.

Now I need to go sit down and piss.

143. struth

The subject calls for some real poetry

The Man from Ironbark
    It was the man from Ironbark who struck the Sydney town,
    He wandered over street and park, he wandered up and down.
    He loitered here, he loitered there, till he was like to drop,
    Until at last in sheer despair he sought a barber’s shop.
    `’Ere! shave my beard and whiskers off, I’ll be a man of mark,
    I’ll go and do the Sydney toff up home in Ironbark.’

The barber man was small and flash, as barbers mostly are,
    He wore a strike-your-fancy sash, he smoked a huge cigar:
    He was a humorist of note and keen at repartee,
    He laid the odds and kept a `tote’, whatever that may be,
    And when he saw our friend arrive, he whispered `Here’s a lark!
    Just watch me catch him all alive, this man from Ironbark.’

There were some gilded youths that sat along the barber’s wall,
    Their eyes were dull, their heads were flat, they had no brains at all;
    To them the barber passed the wink, his dexter eyelid shut,
    `I’ll make this bloomin’ yokel think his bloomin’ throat is cut.’
    And as he soaped and rubbed it in he made a rude remark:
    `I s’pose the flats is pretty green up there in Ironbark.’

A grunt was all reply he got; he shaved the bushman’s chin,
    Then made the water boiling hot and dipped the razor in.
    He raised his hand, his brow grew black, he paused awhile to gloat,
    Then slashed the red-hot razor-back across his victim’s throat;
    Upon the newly shaven skin it made a livid mark —
    No doubt it fairly took him in — the man from Ironbark.

He fetched a wild up-country yell might wake the dead to hear,
    And though his throat, he knew full well, was cut from ear to ear,
    He struggled gamely to his feet, and faced the murd’rous foe:
    `You’ve done for me! you dog, I’m beat! one hit before I go!
    I only wish I had a knife, you blessed murdering shark!
    But you’ll remember all your life, the man from Ironbark.’

He lifted up his hairy paw, with one tremendous clout
    He landed on the barber’s jaw, and knocked the barber out.
    He set to work with tooth and nail, he made the place a wreck;
    He grabbed the nearest gilded youth, and tried to break his neck.
    And all the while his throat he held to save his vital spark,
    And `Murder! Bloody Murder!’ yelled the man from Ironbark.

A peeler man who heard the din came in to see the show;
    He tried to run the bushman in, but he refused to go.
    And when at last the barber spoke, and said, `’Twas all in fun —
    ‘Twas just a little harmless joke, a trifle overdone.’
    `A joke!’ he cried, `By George, that’s fine; a lively sort of lark;
    I’d like to catch that murdering swine some night in Ironbark.’

And now while round the shearing floor the list’ning shearers gape,
    He tells the story o’er and o’er, and brags of his escape.
    `Them barber chaps what keeps a tote, By George, I’ve had enough,
    One tried to cut my bloomin’ throat, but thank the Lord it’s tough.’
    And whether he’s believed or no, there’s one thing to remark,
    That flowing beards are all the go way up in Ironbark.

144. Leo G

Why haven’t I been evacuated from the Opal apartment block?

The investigators haven’t yet done wind load studies.

145. struth

sorry incoherent rambler, you already posted it.

146. 132andBush

I’m surprised you’re giving him a choice!

147. EvilElvis

Head or feet first?

Either way, Calli. Just dip me in chocolate first. 😉

148. feelthebern:

The bloke should have been an adult & gotten away from the situation.
    Would’ve saved him a world of grief.

It looks like about fifteen to twenty screaming schoolgirls surrounded him – walking away would have meant walking toward at least a quarter of them – all he could do was stand his ground and defend himself! These children have been weaponised against men.
    I bet that now he has no tolerance at all to screaming, out of control girls.
    This is the sort of shit that is undermining the US.
    Men are becoming afraid of 12 YO girls.
    Gillette should do something like make an advertisement…
    I’m quite interested to hear what the kitties have to say.

149. Elle

Hehehe
    You’re a breath of fresh air, Elvis.
    Thank you very much (said with an Elvis twang).
    🙂

That Creighton piece is excellent, its revelations scandalous.

[Indeed – CL].

They have made themselves ‘executives’ to rob the taxpayers. Truly, we are ruled by scum.

151. Des Deskperson

‘There are 42 ministers in the Morrison government.’

As I’ve indicated on the new thread, 42 is maximum number of ‘Ministers of State’ – Cabinet Ministers, other Ministers, Assistant Ministers – now legally permissible under the Ministers of State Act 1952.

152. mh

Elle
    #2908846, posted on January 16, 2019 at 2:25 pm
    Hehehe
    You’re a breath of fresh air, Elvis.
    Thank you very much (said with an Elvis twang).

Breath and fresh is not

153. zyconoclast

A senator from Italy’s far-right League has been given an 18-month prison sentence for likening the country’s first black minister to an orangutan.

Roberto Calderoli said during a party rally in July 2013 that whenever he saw pictures of Cécile Kyenge, an MEP who at the time was integration minister, “I cannot but think of the features of an orangutan”.

Calderoli argued his comments about Kyenge, who moved to Italy from Zaire, now the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in 1983 to study medicine, were “playful banter”.

A court in Bergamo found him guilty of defamation aggravated by racial hatred. But it is not certain whether he will serve any prison time – the sentence will only become definitive once a process of two appeals has been exhausted, and terms of less than two years are usually suspended.

However, Kyenge said the verdict was a crucial result, especially at a time when racism was on the rise.

154. mh

Oops, must have hit send.

You get the idea of what I was about to write!

155. zyconoclast

WASHINGTON — The military is taking on a new and extended role on the U.S.-Mexico border, the Pentagon said Monday.

At the request of the Department of Homeland Security, the Pentagon agreed to provide personnel to operate security cameras and to lay about 150 miles (240 kilometers) of concertina wire between official ports of entry, officials said. The military also will continue to fly aircraft in support of Customs and Border Protection personnel.

156. zyconoclast

Judge rejects citizenship question for 2020 U.S. census

U.S. District Judge Jesse Furman in Manhattan said Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross concealed his true motives in adding the question last March.

Ross had said the question – which has not appeared on the decennial census since 1950 – was necessary to enforce federal laws protecting eligible voters.

157. OldOzzie

Australian property prices will fall the most, says Citi

Samantha Bailey
    Business Reporter

Australia isn’t alone in facing falling property values, but prices here are tipped to fall further than anywhere else.

Economies comprising roughly one-third of global GDP have a significant risk of experiencing a decline in housing prices this year, according to research by Citi.

Still, of the 60 economies it looked at, Citi said that only 11 were at significant risk of notable home price falls over the next 12 months.

Australia was the only country that might experience year-on-year declines exceeding 10 per cent.

The analysts warned that given Australia’s particularly share of residential investment relative to GDP, low house prices could intensify a drag on growth.

“The potential impact on these economies from lower house prices could therefore be accentuated by the larger drag on growth for any given fall in housing investment as well as residual cuts to consumption and investment related to housing support services and structures,” the analysts said.

“Alternatively, economies with smaller shares of housing to GDP might suffer smaller impacts from ongoing or future home price declines.”

Citi said that Australia’s house price falls accelerated into the end of last year, led by larger falls in Sydney and Melbourne, where prices had previously boomed and the royal commission into banking and insurance supercharged the impact of macroprudential measures.

Australia is one of countries the most at risk from rising debt servicing obligations, resulting from rising interest rates.

“Our research suggests that the households in high home price and household debt economies of Australia, Canada, Norway, and Sweden are the most at risk from rising debt servicing obligations,” Citi analysts said.

158. Stimpson J. Cat

Why do you all think I am still here?

Sinc hired me to look after the mental health of you lot.

I’m a diversity hire too.

How to potentially become richer than Jeff Bozo? Here. Have an IQ of around 160, know a lot about nuclear science and engineering and create a startup. There are supposedly around 10 in the US.

What is the possibility one of these cracks it? I reckon there’s a really decent chance.

160. OldOzzie

Accountability for Brexit

A defeat for Theresa May leaves Parliament in charge.

By The WSJ Editorial Board

One of the better arguments for Brexit was that leaving the European Union would reinvigorate Britain’s centuries-old Parliament. Brexiters got their wish Tuesday evening, as a vote against Theresa May’s withdrawal plan has dragged Brexit back into the Parliament—and the rough if essential process of democratic self-government.

Members snubbed Mrs. May’s proposed departure plan 202-432, the worst legislative defeat for a Prime Minister in living memory. The practical consequences are anyone’s guess. Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn immediately submitted a no-confidence motion, which will be voted on Wednesday. The motion is likely to fail for now, but a motion could succeed in the weeks ahead, perhaps triggering a new national election and the risk that the radical Mr. Corbyn could become Prime Minister.

As for Brexit, the now-dead deal, negotiated between Mrs. May and Brussels, would have provided a transition period after Brexit formally takes effect March 29; limited the danger of trade disruptions for business; and safeguarded the still-fragile peace in Northern Ireland. It almost certainly represents the best deal Britain will get from the EU. But Brexiteers think it sacrifices too much national autonomy and precludes trade deals with nations other than the EU.

Alternatives at this point include a so-called hard Brexit, in which Britain would crash out of the EU in March with no arrangements in place for trade facilitation or the rights of Britons living elsewhere in Europe; or some form of no Brexit, either temporarily via an extension of the current negotiating period or permanently via a parliamentary vote or a second referendum.

Support in Parliament for those options isn’t any greater than for Mrs. May’s deal. Calls now are growing for a second referendum to offer lawmakers a political bailout from this mess. That’s the worst possible plan. It would be dogged by controversy over which question—and which options—to put on the ballot. It also would likely exacerbate the deep divisions that the Brexit debate has opened within British society.

Mrs. May can best serve Britain now by admitting her Brexit strategy of trying to appease all factions within her Conservative Party has failed. Replacing her with a staunch Brexiteer such as former Foreign Minister Boris Johnson won’t resolve the underlying economic or political tensions Brexit has exposed.

But it would encourage more political accountability by precluding Brexiteers from carping that this experiment would work if only they were in charge. A new PM probably wouldn’t get a better deal from Brussels, in which case the Brexiteers would have to make the case for a hard Brexit or fall back on Mrs. May’s terms.

Alternatively, Parliament could choose a Remain leader who would delay, soften or even cancel Brexit. Brexiteers would howl about subversion of the democratic will expressed in the 2016 referendum, and they’d have a point. But lawmakers were also elected, and they represent millions of voters who don’t want the disruption that a hard Brexit would cause. They could plausibly conclude that the motives for Brexit votes in 2016 were so complex, or claims in support of Brexit so wildly unrealistic, that their constituents are best served by backtracking on the policy.

The larger point is that any Brexit solution now must run through the Parliament. Mrs. May’s error was to approach Brexit as a matter to be decided by the country’s executive leadership and then rubber stamped by lawmakers—which, ironically enough, is how the EU practices democracy.

Brits who voted to “take back control” wanted none of that, and now they’ve got the opportunity for their representatives to find some manner of Brexit (or otherwise) that Britain can accept. As more than one famous British ruler would have said, get on with it.

161. EvilElvis

Oops, must have hit send.

You get the idea of what I was about to write!

Epic man fail there, mh! 😉

162. Mother Lode

Why hasn’t he done it yet, Lode?

I assumed because he did not have enough Senators to actually make the 50 on this issue previously – the Republicans being home to more than a few RINOs.

163. OldOzzie

Visions of a 70% Tax Rate

The new socialists need a refresher course in government math.

By The WSJ Editorial Board

By now readers have heard that progressive luminary Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC for groupies) supports a 70% top marginal tax rate, which she says will help finance a “green new deal.” Higher taxes on the rich is the stock socialist answer on how to pay for any project, though a reminder arrived this week that soaking the wealthy will barely register as a down payment.

The Tax Foundation on Monday did Ms. Ocasio-Cortez the favor of taking her proposal seriously and asked: How much money would the government reap from a 70% tax rate on income above $10 million? Authors Kyle Pomerleau and Huaqun Li looked at two scenarios—one if the rate applied only to ordinary income like wages and interest, and another if it also applied to income from capital gains.

The best case scenario: a 70% rate would raise less than $300 billion in revenue over 10 years, which is less than half of the $700 billion that has been cited in press reports. Progressives aren’t eager to put a price tag on the green new deal, which includes modest proposals like a universal jobs guarantee. But you can bet that ridding the economy of carbon will cost into the trillions of dollars.

A 70% top rate would generate even less revenue if extended to capital gains. Investors only pay when they realize gains by selling assets, and they are especially sensitive to tax rates when deciding whether to sell. High rates can leave money locked into a current asset instead of flowing to the next good idea.

When the Tax Foundation authors considered the effect on behavior and incentives—why bother with that extra investment if most of the money will go to government?—they found that a 70% top rate on all income would lose the government $63.5 billion over 10 years.

Ms. Ocasio-Cortez won’t admit it, but she and her socialist friends will eventually have to go where the real money is: The middle class. That means higher tax rates on even modest wage earners; taxes on retirement savings like 401(k)s or college savings accounts.

Remember this the next time a Democrat or columnist who claims to be conservative says he’ll finance a program by hitting the 1% of earners who already pay more than a third of America’s income taxes. Sooner or later they’re coming after you.

Winston Smith
    #2908814, posted on January 16, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Man punches 11yo girl, gets arrested.
    Then the video comes out…

Remind me to never watch another one of your links again. It clearly shows a verbal confrontation between the girl and the man. The man then pushes (hard) and she falls over some distance away. The girl gets up and returns to him. He then knocks her out with a single punch to the head. Each time force was used was by the dude. Seriously, you’re a hallucinating moron. Zero credibility, as you are unable to view a vid and report on it accurately. Just a dim bulb.

165. thefrollickingmole

I’m a diversity hire too.

The more you comment de-verse it gets???

boom boom!

166. OldOzzie

The return of the self-interested: Rob Oakeshott, the sequel

Chris Kenny

“We are no longer forgotten,” said Rob Oakeshott, announcing his second reanimation as a federal political candidate.

How could we forget him and his ilk? Oakeshott is indeed a living reminder of the self-interest, deceptions and lack of accountability in politics.

No longer forgotten are the opportunists who milk the system, promise the world and run whenever there is something to gain but run away when there is a reckoning on offer. This is the story of Oakeshott, a man who embodies the reason our politics is in disarray yet often has been a beneficiary of that same shambles.

With disillusionment so rife — fuelled by the antics of confused major parties and populist independents such as Oakeshott — the ultimate irony is disaffected voters might turn to him as the outsider. In the campaign he will come across as a kooky cross between Donald Trump and Forrest Gump.

Oakeshott once styled himself as a conservative independent to win over the conservative voters of Lyne. He then broke faith with those voters and installed the minority Labor government of Julia Gillard and backed her in as she lost control of maritime borders and introduced the carbon tax she had vowed against.

OakeyMP, as he styled himself on Twitter, uttered many words and befriended many leftist journalists but said little and did less.

When the time came to face the verdict of voters, he and fellow Labor-installer Tony Windsor ran for the hills.

Incapable of summoning the character or political courage to face an electorate that would have had its vengeance, neither ran in 2013. It was pathetic.

Yet once that storm passed, both men have played media games to talk up their prospects and bathe in attention.

Oakeshott ran at the last election in a contest he never had a chance to win but would always net some public electoral funding (he received $70,000).

Now he is back as a self-styled local hero, promising swimming pools, playing fields and basketball courts — life in his new target seat of Cowper will be like a box of chocolates: voters will never know what they get.

But as long as there is a bit of attention to be had, public funding on offer and zero accountability from parties or voters, Oakeshott, most likely, will behave like Gump, and keep running.

JC
    #2908888, posted on January 16, 2019 at 3:04 pm

Winston Smith
    #2908814, posted on January 16, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Man punches 11yo girl, gets arrested.
    Then the video comes out…

Remind me to never watch another one of your links again. It clearly shows a verbal confrontation between the girl and the man. The man then pushes (hard) and she falls over some distance away. The girl gets up , reacts and returns to him. He then knocks her out with a single punch to the head. Each time force was used was by the dude. Seriously, you’re a hallucinating moron. Zero credibility, as you are unable to view a vid and report on it accurately. Just a dim bulb.

168. OldOzzie

Editorials

Deep State: Did Justice, CIA And FBI Commit Crimes To Get Rid Of Trump?

Deep State: It’s now beyond any reasonable doubt that Obama administration minions launched an all-out effort to destroy, first, President Trump’s presidential campaign and, when that failed, his presidency. The only question is, knowing the truth, will the Justice Department charge these people with crimes?

The whole concern over “Russian interference” with the 2016 election was little more than a smokescreen for a much wider effort to go after Donald Trump. And that’s not us talking, but the New York Times.

A Times report titled “F.B.I. Opened Inquiry into Whether Trump was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia” shows that the investigation into Donald Trump for the non-crime of “collusion” with Russia’s government began before the election. The inquiry aimed at stopping Trump — and not, really, at determining whether Russians interfered in our presidential election.

The actual investigation by the Justice Department and FBI began during the election campaign. Using half-baked and “unverifiable” intelligence about Trump’s purported links to Russia, officials used the so-called Steele Dossier four separate times for FISA court approval to spy on the Trump campaign.

169. OldOzzie

It’s Not the FBI’s Job to Criminalize Policy Differences

The FBI’s Investigation of Trump as a “National Security Threat” is Itself a Serious Danger. But J. Edgar Hoover Pioneered the Tactic
    Glenn Greenwald The Intercept
    January 15 2019, 3:06 a.m.

They were “coached”… FFS is this what it’s come to.

171. Indolent

No, Brits voted to get out of the EU. That “(or otherwise)” speaks volumes. Remainers writ large.

172. EvilElvis

Someone posted last night that if the shutdown goes to 30 days or beyond they can start legitimately maneuvering public servants around or gently squeezing them out? Trump has no reason to rush, the Dems are only hurting their own and possibly will hurt more. Winning!

173. Leo G

After the election, the investigators could not expect executive patronage for their activities and needed to formalise a legal smokescreen.

I posted some time ago about professor Ed Berry’s work in establishing that humans are NOT responsible for the increase in CO2 and therefore can’t be responsible for alarmism.

Now another nail, as if further were needed, in the coffin of alarmist science. Alarmism is based on something called backradiation; CO2 in the atmosphere isotropically emits radiation in all directions; the radiation coming back to Earth is called backradiation and is the Deus ex Machina of alarmism because it is supposed heating the place to hell; but guess what, as CO2 concentration increases, backradiation has decreased.

175. Gilas

Just caught up with JC’s link:
    #2908880, posted on January 16, 2019 at 2:53 pm

Just a load of musty, rehashed 60s-era bollocks aiming to separate investor cretins from their money.
    Tokamaks have never worked, the fact they are still talking about them after 50+ years of expensive failure is all one needs to know. The environmental angle adds the cherry-on-top.

The article photos wouldn’t be out of place in a B-grade sci-fi film set, suitably angled for maximum effect.

No need for IQs of 160. Any mediocre charlatan can write, and do this stuff.

1 5 6 7