Wednesday Forum: March 6, 2019

1,924 Responses to Wednesday Forum: March 6, 2019

1. DrBeauGan

No. There is much more to it than that. You don’t “merely” question the actions of the Israelis but you do so with snide innuendo. You also allude to the J*wish banking conspiracy, however your preferred method is to use issues such as circumcision to subtly express your antisemitism.

We see right through you.

Maybe, Jupes. I’d prefer to encourage Stimpy to stop being subtle. If he is.

There are grounds for disapproving of circumcision that don’t involve anti-Semitism. The defence that jooz have been doing it for three thousand years doesn’t strike me as much of an argument. They’ve been rejecting bacon for that time too.

The great jooish banking conspiracy I’d like to hear more about, in the same way I’d like Anne to tell us more about how the royal family have been taken over by lizard people.

2. Mater

And would most likely result in a munty cardiac arrest after a solid 5 minutes of chasing.

Surely he’d step on a rake before getting to 5 minutes?

3. Fat Tony

jupes
    #2953453, posted on March 8, 2019 at 5:27 pm
    And Stimpy is also called an “Anti-Semite” merely because he sometimes questions the actions of the Is-raelis.

We see right through you.

Jupes – you read an awful lot more into what people write than I do. Sorry, but I don’t have that ability or is it a curse??
    And “snide innuendo” – is that what Numbers, Farken Harken, m0nty and other trolls get here?
    And the “J*wish banking conspiracy” – is nobody allowed to hear such ideas? Are you afraid people may believe them? (Like the reptile people, JFK etc)

And I am against unnecessary circumcision (though nobody during the recent discussion called for the government to ban it). Does this make me an “Anti-Semite” too?

4. Fat Tony

DrBeauGan
    #2953460, posted on March 8, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Snap Dr BG

5. Fat Tony

Mater
    #2953461, posted on March 8, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Surely he’d step on a rake before getting to 5 minutes?

Treating m0nty for puncture wounds then?? Or a nasty gash to the forehead??

6. jupes

Edward Snowden, American Patriot.

Yeah giving stolen classified information to the Chicoms then going to live in Russia is exactly the behaviour we would expect from an “American Patriot”.

Manning: 35 YEARS for revealing evidence of actual war crimes to the press.

Manning gave military secrets to the enemy in war time. He should have been shot and would have been in a more rational age.

7. Stimpson J. Cat

Can any religious historians explain to me why Adam wasn’t circumcised?
    Asking for a friend.

8. I stand on my own.

I stood on my own.

They complained.

this is the hottest March 8. Evah!

In Islamabad.

H 66°F / L 47°F
    UV Index 5 of 10
    Humidity 48%

Oh noes!!11!

10. bespoke

I agree with jupes, as one who has given Stimps some leeway it has become a tedious pattern. If people want to play his game that’s there choice but I’m done.

11. jupes

Does this make me an “Anti-Semite” too?

12. Fat Tony

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2953466, posted on March 8, 2019 at 5:42 pm
    Can any religious historians explain to me why Adam wasn’t circumcised?
    Asking for a friend.

[4:16] Then Cain went away from the presence of the LORD, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.
    [4:17] Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch; and he built a city, and named it Enoch after his son Enoch.

Dunno about Adam, but since Cain was an “only son” of the only 2 people in the world at that time, where did his wife come from?

Manning: 35 YEARS for revealing evidence of actual war crimes to the press.

The good news today is Bollockless Brad thinks he’s about to be sent back inside.

Chelsea Manning says she faces contempt hearing and jail time, posts fundraising page

Convicted leaker Chelsea Manning is asking for contributions toward legal fees as she faces a contempt hearing and possible jail time for refusing to testify before a grand jury on Wednesday.

The former Army intelligence analyst tweeted that she faces a contempt hearing on Friday for her “refusal to answer questions in front of a grand jury.”

14. Elle

Is every claim by every person to be accepted at face value?

I wasn’t claiming. I was stating a fact. I can prove it. And not just through the memories of my grandparents. I am not going to upload paperwork here though. I will do privately for Sinc though.

My maternal German-Jewish grandparent’s family members were killed in Auschwitz.
    My grandmother’s sister was sent to another camp, along with her husband and son. Her husband was murdered. Her son survived. They eventually came out to NZ and were reconciled with my grandparents.

My grandparent’s family were in denial of what was happening. They chose to stay and they were murdered because they were J*ws. My grandparents chose to get out. They were aided by (my hero) Frank Foley.

15. DrBeauGan

There’s another charity I’ll be saving money on.

16. dover_beach

Adam’s rib, heavens.

17. Elle

Is every claim by every person to be accepted at face value?

I wasn’t claiming. I was stating a fact.

My maternal German-J*wish grandparent’s family members were killed in Auschwitz. I can prove it.

18. DrBeauGan

Adam’s rib, heavens.

It’s a wonder Adam had any ribs left.

Must be a miracle.

19. Fat Tony

dover_beach
    #2953475, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Adam’s rib, heavens.

Errr…..wouldn’t that be incest?

20. Tintarella di Luna

Tinta at 1611

No, south west.

We had a client who did exactly the same thing for exactly the same reasons – He was young and thought no-one would believe he’d done nothing – he was the young sports master set up by three young girls who claimed he’d fondled them during a touch foot match – they lied he died – that was about 15 years ago

21. Stimpson J. Cat

Look, Adam wasn’t circumcised.
    We know this.
    How do we know this?
    The apple.
    Would you eat anything offered to you by a Woman who had circumcised you with a sharp rock?
    I think not.
    Would you let a Woman circumcise you with a sharp rock after she got you kicked out of the Garden of Eden for talking to a snake?
    I think not.
    It’s very simple guys.

22. Tintarella di Luna

On International Womens’ Day would it be crass to observe that in those pre-inclusive days women weren’t counted?

23. DrBeauGan

Look, Adam wasn’t circumcised.
    We know this.
    How do we know this?
    The apple.
    I think not.
    I think not.
    It’s very simple guys.

He might have been created circumcised, Stimpy. Or God might have provided him with a foreskin and then changed His mind.

24. DrBeauGan

You can’t get around the incest issue, Tinta.

25. struth

they lied he died

It’s Russia’s own socialist propaganda, International women’s day, where we get to celebrate anyone, no matter what sort of lying, thieving, whoring smutty dildo shoving, drug taking, kid bashing , visitation rights denying, gold digging, piece of shit out there, as long as they have a pair of tits?
    Now men are women as well, and people can change their sex by mere statement, what are we celebrating again?

Breathing?

So It’s actually a day to celebrate the fact you weren’t aborted ………………………..by a woman.

26. Stimpson J. Cat

He might have been created circumcised, Stimpy.

Are you telling me it’s evolution?
    This is astonishing stuff.
    Groundbreaking science.

27. Fat Tony

Tintarella di Luna
    #2953482, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:13 pm

But they were counted – as cattle maybe, but they were still counted.

28. struth

Can any religious historians explain to me why Adam wasn’t circumcised?
    Asking for a friend.

There were bull ants in the Garden of Eden.
    Clothes weren’t needed till after the bloody woman bit the apple.

29. Tintarella di Luna

Motherhood has been totally devalued by the harpies who are mean, envious and childless and we know who they are.

30. Tintarella di Luna

But they were counted – as cattle maybe, but they were still counted.

Maybe I should have said they didn’t count

31. Tintarella di Luna

You can’t get around the incest issue, Tinta.

Dr BeauGan I think Genesis might have contained traces of embroidery as part of a vast mythological tapestry

32. struth

There was Cain and Abel, was there not.

Think back.
    Some of you should be old enough to remember.

33. dover_beach

Errr…..wouldn’t that be incest?

How is that incest?

34. Stimpson J. Cat

Lift your game Gentlepeople.
    😁

35. DrBeauGan

Cut it whichever way you like, the third and fourth generations had to be the results of incest. I hope all you jooz and Christians feel consumed with guilt about this.

Those guys were tough. If the human race was destroyed entirely except for my sister and me, I promise you there wouldn’t be any more human beans. I shudder at the thought.

36. struth

it certainly is.

37. struth

No good in the sack?

Cassie, you are sweet.
    The last female who called me a fuckwit with the frequency you muster, was an eleven year-old with Autism.

Just look at this hero; a nasho bludger, avowed commie, continually runs down his country and Western values and has a shot at the ladies. You’re a real piece of work you creep.

NunmbNutz celebrating International Women’s Day

39. DrBeauGan

You can’t get around the incest issue, Tinta.

Golly, you mean there are bits of the Bible you don’t really believe in?

How do you decide which bits are the embroidery, which bits are mythology, which bits are history and which bits are just codswallop?

40. None

You’re also a coward Stumpy bit I already told you that. I remember you once trying to get me to confess something because you felt like I should and yet when the spotlight’s turned on you you turn into water, you hypocrite. You hide behind your humour and the teenage tactic of just agreeing with everyone’s criticism of you because you’re too gutless to stand your ground. As I said I think you’re totally and utterly harmless but courage is certainly not your middle name.

41. Shy Ted

Little clip of Trumble on The Dumb, he’s seething. Everybody Loves Malcolm panel. Flick the channel, Pointless on 10. Oh the ironing.

42. DrBeauGan

No good in the sack?

I wouldn’t know, Struth and am determined never to find out.

43. dover_beach

Don’t know about that, how about you read Genesis closely and get back to us. I’m off to get fish and chips.

44. Fat Tony

dover_beach
    #2953494, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:27 pm
    Errr…..wouldn’t that be incest?

How is that incest?

Son beds his new wife who was a product of his father – a half-sister at best.

45. Fat Tony

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2953495, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:28 pm
    Lift your game Gentlepeople.

Fuck off Stimpy – we all know you’re nuts.
    😁

Oh the pain, the pain…

47. Fat Tony

DrBeauGan
    #2953502, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:34 pm
    You can’t get around the incest issue, Tinta.

Golly, you mean there are bits of the Bible you don’t really believe in?

It’s easy – the history bits are true, the mythology bits are obvious, the embroidery is the fancy needlework around the edges and the codswallop is just that.
    And you’re supposed to be a Dr.

Stimpy channelling his inner dyke?

DrB – Read the first para of Genesis ch 6. Remember that when it says “man” it is literally “adam(s)” in the original H-brew. The OT is actually a history of God’s people, ie the adamses. That does not preclude others, as indeed Gen 6:1-4 mentions in passing. Jesus himself said it in Mt 3:9.

50. DrBeauGan

My personal objection to incest isn’t that it’s immoral, nor that it’s taboo. It’s that everyone in my family is repulsive.

51. struth

The OT is actually a history of God’s people, ie the adamses.

The Adams family.

Who knew?

52. Fat Tony

None
    #2953503, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:36 pm

Obviously None – he is Stimpson J Cat – and “Courage” starts with a “C”, not a “J”

Islamabad traffic report:

Govt not interested in completing Islamabad Expressway expansion project

ISLAMABAD: After the disapproval of funds by the federal government for the second phase of up-gradation and expansion of Islamabad Expressway, Capital Development Authority (CDA) too lost its interest in the project…

Goat tracks, it is!

54. Fat Tony

dover_beach
    #2953506, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Ummm…..I actually cut & pasted that quote from the Bible.
    Which Bible are you talking about?

55. Shy Ted

I think it’s very telling that I am the only Man on this site to wish the Women a Happy International Women’s Day. Trying to impress the ladies SJC? Girls love good grammar – I think it’s very telling that I am the only man on this site to wish the women a happy International Women’ Day. 4 errors in a single sentence. Go to Principal Numbers office, kick him in the shins and play with the toys in the corner. He’ll be watching you in his shaving mirror.

56. struth

Fuck off Stimpy – we all know you’re nuts.

It’s better to know for sure he’s nuts, than just feel his nuts.

57. DrBeauGan

Bruce of Newcastle
    #2953514, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:41 pm

I bet the Chinese, Japanese and Africans are glad to hear that.

The possibility that I was created separately from a lump of rock has been canvassed elsewhere.

Alleged Blue Mountains child sex-ring victim says sorry to his Mum
    Ashleigh Gleeson, The Daily Telegraph
    an hour ago

One of the alleged victims of a Blue Mountains child sex-ring accused of carrying out blood rituals wrote a note which said “Mum I’m really sorry I’ve been lying about the whole thing,” a court has heard.

In a shock twist the lawyer for the group, Bryan Wrench, told Penrith Local Court on Friday that the mother of the complainant had concealed the note from investigators.

The court heard that police had travelled interstate and carried out 24 hours’ worth of new interviews for their investigation which the defence and prosecution now needed time to look through.

59. Stimpson J. Cat

I remember that too.
    I asked you if you had ever had a conversation or experience with any divinity and they had answered.
    You wouldn’t answer.
    I did go a bit overboard and I apologize for that.

You see, I have.

I’m not ashamed to admit it.

I don’t care if you think I am crazy even though I have mental illnesses.

Guess that makes me the coward.

😁

60. struth

Adam and Eve……………..did they have belly buttons?

61. 1735099

Tony’s been reading the Warringah polls.
    It seems to have concentrated his mind somewhat.

Can any religious historians explain to me why Adam wasn’t circumcised?
    Asking for a friend.

Severe doctor shortage at the time.

The free market failed to deliver … thankfully we have Medicare these days to cover the gap.

I would’ve thought an almost empty cola bottle myself.

Employer ordered to reinstate woman sacked for being drunk

Ewin Hannan
    Workplace Editor
    @EwinHannan
    An hour ago March 8, 2019
    No Comments

Most Australian workers would have potentially lost their jobs if getting drunk once at an after-work function was grounds for being sacked, a Fair Work Commissioner says.

Commissioner Ian Cambridge ordered the reinstatement of a female project administrator who was sacked by electrical contractor Ryan Wilks for serious misconduct after getting drunk at a post-work function at the Sydney Opera House last year.

The woman admitted getting drunk and vomiting on the floor of the Opera bar. She was helped out of the bar by her friends and into a taxi.

But she denied sexually propositioning an Opera House employee and making insulting or disparaging remarks about Opera House staff and Ryan Wilks employees.

Commissioner Cambridge said the employer conducted an incomplete and truncated investigation into the misconduct claims, and erroneously concluded that the employees had engaged in all aspects of the alleged misconduct.

He said a single act of drunkenness at an after work function would not represent misconduct that provided a sound, defensible and well-founded reason for dismissal.

“Frankly, if one act of inoffensive drunkenness at an after work function provided valid reason for dismissal, I suspect that the majority of Australian workers may have potentially lost their jobs,’’ he said.

From the Oz.

65. dover_beach

Ummm…..I actually cut & pasted that quote from the Bible.
    Which Bible are you talking about?

You might have but I think your reading comprehension is lacking. When I read the opening chapters I don’t simply assume that up until Cain murders Abel that there are only four human beings on the face of the Earth. And I certainly think that assuming as much is wrong given the conversation between the Lord and Cain.

I believe Genesis is not a fully scientific account of creation, it just states God created the universe, animals, man. How science is still debating. Science says there was a big bang. I believe God started the process. It seems others disagree. Doesn’t alter the fact something was started by something.

Can any religious historians explain to me why Adam wasn’t circumcised?
    Asking for a friend.

Teh Gender Pay Gap?

68. Fat Tony

1735099
    #2953528, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:55 pm
    Tony’s been reading the Warringah polls.
    It seems to have concentrated his mind somewhat.

I just clicked that link and it sent me to a Dulux colour chart

Is That Wong Chap confused on International Wymminses Day?

Teh Gender Pay Gap?

Adam refused to give a tip.

71. Old Lefty

Sally McManus is so mad that even ex-Fairfax cells the need to publish a piece calling her out for her claims about falling living standards. As Gerard Henderson would say, five paws to Eryk Bagshaw. (Sorry, can’t copy and paste the link on my phone)

The resolution condemned anti-Semitism and discrimination against Muslims in equal measure,

Yeah, sure like J.ws and mussies are facing equivalent existential threats and represent equal existential threats to the rest of us.

73. Entropy

Tel
    #2953537, posted on March 8, 2019 at 7:02 pm
    Teh Gender Pay Gap?

Adam refused to give a tip

So he was circumcised!

Something to look forward to as the greens get rid of fossils, meat and cars:

The Great Horse Manure Crisis of 1894

75. Snoopy

You never answered my question, Numbers. Was Bill Darcy properly convicted?

76. DrBeauGan

I would’ve thought an almost empty cola bottle myself.

Slightly more believable than Genesis, BoN.

77. Boambee John

Tinta at 1808

they lied he died – that was about 15 years ago

The case I referred to was in the mid-90s.

It was one of the reasons I expressed the hope that Numbers was never alone with Miss Autism in his office. Much as I disagree with Numbers on politics, no-one deserves to face an unanswerable allegation.

78. Shy Ted

So busy changing channels to find something good on Ozzie TV I missed this little gem.

79. Nick

Is That Wong Chap confused on International Wymminses Day?

She’s celebrating strap on Saturday, tomorrow

80. Mother Lode

Happy International Women’s Day Ladies!!!
    I hope someone, somewhere today holds a door open for you.

Guy where I work was dismayed to find that, due to the otherwise-prioritised org structure, that he would be forced (by dint of rank rather than chromosomal checklist) to make a speech for IWD (Improvised Wymmynses Device). I suggested trawling the corporate net for previous elevated if abstract, meandering and pointless orations.

He said the problem is that every speech he had ever heard about Women’s day was actually about men.

Obama’s former Head of Staff on Teh Dumb – looks like she swallowed Lucy Liu.

DrBeauGan
    #2953523, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:49 pm

The bible is the only book I know of that has an answer to every question.
    And if you search long enough it gives different answers to the same question.

The proliferation of sects based on the Bible prove it.

(Michelle) Obama’s former Head of Staff, Tina Tchen…

IWD ‘n’ all.

84. Notafan

That’s what happens when you treat it like an encyclopaedia.

Slightly more believable than Genesis, BoN.

That’s only because you haven’t sufficiently considered what it says and what it doesn’t say. On top of that as a document describing cosmology and paleohistory to a bunch of 18th Dynasty ex-Egyptian ex-slaves it is pretty good. The events described are in reasonable order and are suprisingly accurate, eg birds before mammals. So for example this bit:

So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.

Any chemist would be happy with this as a description of what happened when Earth’s temperature and pressure fell below the triple point of water.

And finally an omniscient all powerful God is quite able to type “run{CR}”. I am amused that Elon Musk thinks we live in a computer simulation, yet seems uninterested in who the programmer is.

Shy Ted
    #2953545, posted on March 8, 2019 at 7:12 pm

Gotta be a joke?
    🤣

87. Arky

The bible is the only book I know of that has an answer to every question.
    And if you search long enough it gives different answers to the same question.

The US constitution is much, much shorter and has the same problem.

88. Tintarella di Luna

Golly, you mean there are bits of the Bible you don’t really believe in?

Dear Dr BeauGan
    I love the Bible. For me the stories of the Bible are like accretions of wisdom over thousands of years. That the Old Testament is full ruddigore chronicles the progress of mankind across that vast space of time. For me Jesus Christ is the quintessential transformative being to whom Western civilisation owes so much and for me it is his teachings that shape my life, I’m not a very good Christian but am grateful that I get a new day every day to try again.

89. struth

Well, I’d tell the commissioner to buy the company, and come and run it, to ensure she stays employed as I’ll be closing it down.
    Completely.

Teh Dumb:
    Michelle Obama – 70/30 rule – wymminses have to suck 70% more d1ck to get ahead, or summut.

91. jupes

Classic example of the idiocy of our last two PMs:

Last year, he [Abbott] called on then-prime minister Mr Turnbull to withdraw from the pact [Paris] …

But now:

“I’m not calling for us to pull out now,” Mr Abbott told a candidate forum.

“Circumstances have changed … we’ve got a new Prime Minister and a new Energy Minister.”

What. A. Fucking. Moron. Only outdone by Turnbull:

Mr Abbott told the forum coal-fired power remained the cheapest form of baseload power, which prompted Mr Turnbull’s rebuke.

“We are now able to have lower emissions and lower prices, but we need to plan it using engineering [and] economics rather than ideology and innumerate idiocy,” he said.

“The reason the fossil fuel lobby and their apologists rail against Snowy Hydro 2.0, and have tried to stop it, is because it delivers the massive storage which does make renewables reliable and this enable (sic) our progress to lower emissions and lower energy prices.”

Coal-fired power is the cheapest form of baseload power. Abbott is absolutely correct on that, so why then does he want to remain in the Paris accord? Surely anyone with half a working synapse would have learnt their lesson about trying to please all sides by now … but no.

As for Turnbull, what a lying, duplicitous prick. Reading the Australian today, we learnt that bureaucrats from the (WA?) EPA have imposed more restrictions on mining companies to ensure they are “carbon neutral”. The Paris Accord is a declaration of war on Australia.

92. Fat Tony

dover_beach
    #2953532, posted on March 8, 2019 at 6:57 pm
    Ummm…..I actually cut & pasted that quote from the Bible.
    Which Bible are you talking about?

OK, so what is it – literal or metaphorical??

93. struth

The US constitution is much, much shorter and has the same problem.

At least people have read it and know it exists.

You are an Acme Human.

Just add water to the dust and bingo!

95. Empire 5:5

Maybe he thinks he knows. Consider the intel he has seen.

96. Atoms for Peace

Does the bible give me the answer for a fusion reactor?😎

97. Leo G

New South Wales Labor leader Michael Daley said tonight in an ABCTV debate with premier Gladys Berejiklian that the people of the state want a government that believes in a theory the government dares not call by its real name.

I guess “Let there be light” doesn’t cut it, Atoms?

99. Shy Ted

The Morrison Government which is known for its strict border protection policies has made it clear that it will never condone domestic violence. Recently, Immigration Minister David Coleman’s promulgated a directive that would deny entry to anyone who was guilty of committing violence against women or children came into force: “Entering and staying in Australia is a privilege and non-Australians are expected to abide by the laws. If you’ve been convicted of a violent crime against women or children, you are not welcome”.
    Can’t see too many third worlders having convictions for DV what with beating your missus just part of the culture. It’s like a case study in brainfarts.

100. Stimpson J. Cat

you haven’t sufficiently considered what it says and what it doesn’t say.

Is this supposed to be logical?
    Can a smart person decipher this into sub average intelligence dialect please.

101. Empire 5:5

Happy International Women’s Day.

Viva Vagina!

Arky
    #2953557, posted on March 8, 2019 at 7:32 pm

The bible is the only book I know of that has an answer to every question.
    And if you search long enough it gives different answers to the same question.

The US constitution is much, much shorter and has the same problem.

I suppose you are right on that one.

For the record, not that it matters, I’m not an atheist, not even an agnostic, although close to it.
    But I’m not a ‘churchian’ in the main, I attend some masses, Latin only but i don’t hold the church hierarchy in any special regard, like others here do, just because they happen to be priests, bishops or Popes.

Earn the respect and we can talk.

103. Atoms for Peace

In the biblical scheme of things, dust plus water plus time equals humans.
    Trolls ; dust plus shyte.

104. Arky

I think we have found a use for Beaugan’s towering intellect.
    Learn Hebrew and Aramaic and go interpret the old testament for us.

105. Arky

I think we have found a use for Beaugan’s towering intellect.
    Learn He-brew and Aramaic and go interpret the old testament for us.

106. Tintarella di Luna

It is a very very scary time for men and boys – the feminazis are in plague proportions and it is they who are poisoning society, Aristotle and Plato had a few choice things to say about the nature of women, not very inclusive and certainly not white ribbon material.

107. Atoms for Peace

Calli. As a bloke who eschews manuals that would be one I would be happy to read😀

Does the bible give me the answer for a fusion reactor?

God lighting his farts?

109. Tintarella di Luna

In the biblical scheme of things, dust plus water plus time equals humans.
    Trolls ; dust plus shyte.

Very insightful Atoms for Peace

110. Arky

Report back by next Tuesday.

111. Snoopy

I thought it was “Let There Be Rock”?

112. Atoms for Peace

Are there many women’s only clubs in OZ?

113. Atoms for Peace

Rotten joke Egg

Oops, I should have said “when Earth’s temperature and pressure fell below the critical point of water” not the “triple point”.

I always have trouble translating the scientific concept to English names for things. I was horrible at remembering the names of famous organic chemistry reactions, but if you asked what happens if you mix this with this I’d get it right because I could remember the reaction…just not the name of it. I still can’t tell you the names of some streets in my suburb 100m from my house, and I’ve lived here a quarter century.

115. Notafan

You do know ‘churchian’ is a derogatory, offensive term?

Oh and
    Do you discuss your views on say, abortion with Fr T?

Respect cuts both ways.

116. Oh come on

Hahaha so Manafort was sentenced to slightly more than 3 years in the clink (out in 18 months, then), as opposed to the 20-24 year sentence Mueller sought.

m0nty, call your office!

Bwahahahaha

Rotten joke

Sulphur dioxide/methane mix?

118. Fat Tony

egg_
    #2953591, posted on March 8, 2019 at 7:54 pm
    Rotten joke

Sulphur dioxide/methane mix?

So it was really a rotten egg joke….

Notafan
    #2953589, posted on March 8, 2019 at 7:52 pm

You do know ‘churchian’ is a derogatory, offensive term?

Oh and
    Do you discuss your views on say, abortion with Fr T?

Why should I discuss abortion with anyone?
    I’m old enough and mature enough to have my own opinions.

120. Empire 5:5

If they have the testicular fortitude to follow through and [redacted] judges don’t 86 it, this is genius policy.
    Doin’ it for the wymins.
    Huge wedge and stems the flow of weirdbeards.

The Opposition’s policy explicitly encourages the importation of wifebeaters. Ensure everyone you know is aware that a vote for the filth is an aye for domestic violence.

121. jupes

Some points on the anti-Australian actions of the WA EPA:

*The WA EPA is a state bureaucracy.
    *However it is implementing Federal policy (the Paris Accord) by forcing companies to “fully offset their emissions”.
    *The WA premier disagrees with the decision.
    *However he will do precisely nothing to counteract it.

Of course anything these idiots implement will have precisely ZERO impact on the weather. I am so sick of this shit. In a sane world these pricks would all be executed or in prison. Scroll down for a look at the head-tilting climate-change fuckwit.

But Conservation Council director Piers Verstegen said the new policy was an opportunity for the WA Government to create jobs in other areas.

Evil, stupid or both?

122. dover_beach

OK, so what is it – literal or metaphorical??

So far as the problem you’ve raised is concerned the question is irrelevant. As I said earlier, the claim that there were now only three human beings on the Earth following Cain’s murder of Abel makes no sense of the conversation between the Lord and Cain.

123. Fat Tony

dover_beach
    #2953601, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:03 pm
    OK, so what is it – literal or metaphorical??

Whatever – you could’ve just said you didn’t know.

Dover wants you to read Genesis 4 and make up your own mind.

125. Oh come on

I am loving the tail end of the Mueller inquisition. To say it’s a fizzer is overselling the thing. There’s not even any fizz. There’s just…nothing.

126. dover_beach

What Calli said.

127. Fat Tony

egg_
    #2953598, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:00 pm

I’ve always been amused by the Creationists and the Cosmologists arguing over the creation of the universe.
    One lot says it was made by God out of nothing. The other said it spontaneously made it itself out of nothing.

Egg, your clip shows a much more believable scenario.

128. jupes

Great news! No more Afghans whatsoever as all adult males have indulged in a little bacha bazi.

Oh dear. Bacha bazi is never prosecuted in Afghanistan …

129. Snoopy

The WA EPA is a state bureaucracy.

This decision is what you get when you take a ream of activist public servants and call them an ‘Authority’.

Since Georges Lemaître first noted in 1927 that an expanding universe could be traced back in time to an originating single point, scientists have built on his idea of cosmic expansion.

131. Boambee John

jupes at 2001

Scroll down for a look at the head-tilting climate-change fuckwit.

Evil, stupid or both?

Both, on steroids.

132. Fat Tony

dover_beach
    #2953606, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:11 pm
    What Calli said.

OK. First is that the Lord doesn’t like vegans either – He enjoyed the lamb but not the “fruits of the soil”.

Next, the Lord put his mark on Cain so that nobody would kill him. I would hazard a guess that the Lord was referring to the future, especially considering that Cain “will be a restless wanderer on the earth”. This, to me, implies that Cain would live a very long life. It doesn’t say to me that there were many other people on Earth at the time.

I am loving the tail end of the Mueller inquisition.

Mueller’s got a fun equation. If he gives his tribe of Dem lawyers too much rein he risks lowering the “collusion” bar so low that he himself could be indicted for Uranium One under the same definitions. Barr has categorically said this week he won’t recuse himself from everything Wussian. Mueller will have taken very careful note of that. 😀

There’s a lot of links in this which I can supply if anyone is really interested but the gist of it is plain:

AWED Friends:

We are in the midst of a cataclysmic battle — and you’ve likely heard very little about it.

Right now, the 30± year global warming fight in the US is coming to a pivotal juncture — within the next few days.

Dr. William Happer (an eminently qualified scientist in the White House) has proposed the Presidential Committee on Climate Science (PCCS). [Another possible name is Presidential Commission on Climate Security (also PCCS).]

In any case, it will consist of multiple qualified scientists who will review such significant issues as Global Warming’s impact on national security. They will try to extract the science from political science.

Those advocating for a genuine scientific assessment of the Global Warming issue, are in full support of the PCCS.

Those who are opposed to a real scientific assessment of the Climate Change issue are against the PCCS. Not surprisingly, so far the most voices (probably 25± to 1) are in opposition (like here, here, here, here, here, and here.)

We need to make clear to the President that citizens are following the PCCS matter, and that citizens fully support this excellent idea. There are two ways to send the President a message on this topic:
    Phone the White House comment line: 1-202-456-1111
    Email the White House your support: here.
    Doing both would be better yet!
    Note: the President’s decision is expected within the week, so please do this quickly.

To give you some perspective on the PCCS matter, I wrote two new documents:
    1) Answers to some of the PCCS critics’ objections, and
    2) Background of the US Climate Change 30± year history (and how the PCCS fits in).

I’m hoping that there will be a segment about the PCCS on FoxNews, a piece in the WSJ, and more sensible articles on other media outlets (like this, this, this, and this).

Thank you for your support at this very critical time.

regards,

john droz, jr.

He enjoyed the lamb but not the “fruits of the soil”.

Oi! Wine is fruits of the soil. Jesus was a miraculously good vigneron!
    I don’t know what varietals he manifested in Cana but mine right now is a tempranillo/garnacha.

Fat Tony
    #2953613, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:19 pm

dover_beach
    #2953606, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:11 pm
    What Calli said.

Tony, you do not read the Bible as a source of credible history, at least not if you are not of faith.
    It’s a nice read and some genuine historical fact in the Old testament.

What matters to Christians is the New testament.
    Even there you will find as many contradictions as you want to find.

137. Stimpson J. Cat

Are there many women’s only clubs in OZ?

Yes but the biggest one is The Single Mothers.
    Very influential.

138. Fat Tony

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2953621, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:33 pm
    Are there many women’s only clubs in OZ?

Yes but the biggest one is The Single Mothers.
    Very influential.

Very big too – but women only, no trannies as far as I know.

139. Geriatric Mayfly

Not a Biblical scholar, but didn’t Lot save the Chosen People’s lineage by having nooky with his daughter(s)?

140. DrBeauGan

What matters to Christians is the New testament.
    Even there you will find as many contradictions as you want to find.

It’s a bouillabaisse. You take the bits you like and ignore the rest. As with the Q’ran. The good people take the good bits and the bad people take the bad bits.

141. Mater

Yes but the biggest one is The Single Mothers.
    Very influential.

There was a time when they’d get paid $5000 to join.

142. Fat Tony

Mark A
    #2953620, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:29 pm

I did ask literal or metaphorical, and was told to read Chapter 4.

I read Ch 4 and interpreted it thusly.

143. Gab

Even there you will find as many contradictions as you want to find.

Only contradictions that exist as for those who do not understand the words.

Bandanaless Bandanaman on ABC24 debating the NSW Election Campaign Trail
    Farcical.

145. dover_beach

In Chapter 4, as human beings appear in the story beyond Cain or his father and mother, it is not a stretch to conclude the earth is populated beyond those actually mentioned, such as his wife who he meets in the land of Nod, immediately following his conversation with the Lord.

146. Frank

Little clip of Trumble on The Dumb, he’s seething.

Obviously it all continues to constantly eat at him. This is enough to give one warm fuzzy feelings inside knowing that such a prig can be in so much distress. There will be years more of it too unless he suddenly learns how to behave. Years of it in other words.

No, Mayfly.

Abraham’s lineage ran through Isaac and Jacob (Israel).

148. DrBeauGan

Any chemist would be happy with this as a description of what happened when Earth’s temperature and pressure fell below the critical point of water.

I can’t help thinking that if you offered that description in an exam on the early Earth you’d be lucky to get many marks for it.

Fat Tony
    #2953626, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:38 pm
    I did ask literal or metaphorical, and was told to read Chapter 4.

I read Ch 4 and interpreted it thusly.

I know Tony, I have no hope of debating Bible facts with Dover or Tinta, despite that I had probably more instructions and reading of it than the avg. Joe due to the insistence of my mother, all of us children did.

Awkward questions were frowned at and reported back to mum.

150. zyconoclast

Some points on the anti-Australian actions of the WA EPA:

*The WA EPA is a state bureaucracy.
    *The WA premier disagrees with the decision.
    *However he will do precisely nothing to counteract it.

Bring back Tony Abbott

But now:

“I’m not calling for us to pull out now,” Mr Abbott told a candidate forum.

151. Grigory M

My personal objection to incest isn’t that it’s immoral, nor that it’s taboo.

I once interviewed a sister and brother, both in their late 20s, and their daughter and son. They were two lovely people with two beautiful kids.

152. Gab

Sort of explains why you think there are contradictions in the New Testament.

153. DrBeauGan

Awkward questions were frowned at and reported back to mum.

That’s how you develop faith. Developing your capacity for thought is done quite differently. Few try it.

154. dover_beach

Tony, you do not read the Bible as a source of credible history,

This will surprise biblical archaeologists.

155. 2dogs

What matters to Christians is the New testament.

This is only true of Protestants, which are very much a minority of all Christians.

Catholics and Orthodox follow their respective patriarchs. What Christ left on Earth was not a book, but a movement of followers – His church. It is that living church which is the source of truth. Given how old words can be easily twisted, the wisdom of Christ’s decision to leave a church rather than a book is easily seen.

Photios hitting Bandanaman for six.

157. DrBeauGan

Arky, I’m saving my towering intellect for quite different areas of learning, which look to be more fun.

So some here believe the Bible, others don’t. Again I don’t I believe the Bible is a scientific journal.
    Discussion continues. Neither convinced by the other.

159. Atoms for Peace

Malcolm who? Already in the forgettary.

160. DrBeauGan

Which is how we got the pope and the archbishop of Canterbury. So much more valuable than the reported words of Christ. Not.

DrBeauGan
    #2953643, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:49 pm

Have fun.

162. Arky

I think you can learn he-brew quicker than get the word posted here.

163. Eyrie

Old Ozzie, the latest EAA Sport Aviation magazine has the story on Mike Patey who built the Draco. He’s one of twin brothers and the other one is just as enthusiastic about aviation. They are from a family of 11 kids and these guys’ energy is just astounding.
    They leave you feeling totally inadequate and their wives seem to have just as much energy.

What matters to Christians is the New testament.

Not so sure about that. Young, immature ones maybe, because of the specific instructions.

The vast raft of history and faith is in the OT. It’s treasure trove.

165. dover_beach

2dogs, Tradition and Scripture.

166. Eyrie

May Turnbull’s chagrin at losing the PM ship eat at his guts for a long time

dover_beach
    #2953639, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Tony, you do not read the Bible as a source of credible history,

This will surprise biblical archaeologists.

Dover I didn’t think you would be one who reads only what you want to read.

I also wrote:
    some genuine historical fact in the Old testament

Bit disappointed, but not by much, when you get answers like; “you just don’t understand”,
    subtle for ‘you are a bloody idiot and too stupid’ one has to expect it, not from you I didn’t but so be it.

168. Fat Tony

Mark A
    #2953634, posted on March 8, 2019 at 8:43 pm
    Fat Tony
    Awkward questions were frowned at and reported back to mum.

Mark – when I was a little kid, I used to love stirring up the meat ants out in the bush.

May Turnbull’s chagrin at losing the PM ship eat at his guts for a long time

Only until he is appointed first President of the Republic of Australia, by the Shorten Government, for his actions in destroying the Liberal Party, and enabling the election of an otherwise unelectable rabble.

DrB – You are being very superficial. The Bible is amazingly deep and highly interconnected. Almost everything Jesus says is a multiple hyperlink to several parts of the Old Testament. Furthermore when he quotes one verse from the OT usually the verses immediately before or after it are zingers designed to explode the heads of the Pharasaic elites. Lots of fun…when you realise what you are reading.

I did 1st yr Maths hons, so I know enough mathematics to slightly comprehend what I don’t understand of mathematics, which is a lot. Manifolds! Riemannian geometry! The Bible is like that: you do need to study for years to get a feel for the spiritual mechanics contained in it, which is my analogical riff of quantum mechanics. QM is seriously out of this world (I did QM five times in undergrad, in three different subjects, so they must’ve thought it important), and the spiritual mechanics in the Bible follows analogous non-intuitive rules. All written nearly 2,000 years ago.

171. Gab

The vast raft of history and faith is in the OT. It’s treasure trove.

As are the prophesies that were fulfilled in the NT.

172. Gab

Mark A, by your answers it’s clear you don’t understand. That does not mean you are an idiot or a fool.

173. MatrixTransform

Lucky numbers wasnt here … he would of been on that like a seagull on a chip.

174. DrBeauGan

I have got a good deal from the Bible, BoN, but no doubt only a tiny fraction of what is there. My problem with your claims is that there seems to be no way to be reasonably sure you aren’t deceiving yourself. Its easy enough to fool yourself in hard science, in religion it seems impossible not to. You could effectively be as mad as Stimpy and never know it. That would worry me.

175. Snoopy

Does ‘Fr’ Rod Bower understand the Bible?

A picture.
    In my inbox, I make no comment.

As are the prophesies that were fulfilled in the NT.

Remarkable, isn’t it.

178. Snoopy

As are the prophesies that were fulfilled in the NT.

The Messiah?

179. Boambee John

Hacksaw Ridge on Ch 7.

An inspiring story, but the battle scenes are just embarrassing.

180. Gab

Yes, Calli.
    A great way to get through the Bible in one year is a schedule that is online courtesy of Dr Taylor Marshall. Link to it is here/

DrB – In the hypothesis for the formation of the Earth-Moon system, the crust melted after the Mars-sized planetsimal collided with the pre-Earth. So all the water vaporised. The pressure probably exceeded the critical point and the temperature certainly did. Even if the pressure didn’t exceed the critical point the effective results would be similar.

So when the planet cooled in the next several million years it fell below the critical point of 374 C then crossed the gas-liquid line, whereupon pressure fell as H2O condensed from the atmosphere. There was water in the atmosphere and water in the sea, whereas prior to that condensation there wasn’t any liquid water.

That I might get zero in an exam does not mean the scientific inference is wrong. I argue from the fundamentals of thermodynamics.

182. areff

Church cancels day of prayer for Pell. Church pulps Catholic newspaper with a column defending Pell.

Church wears sign saying ‘kick me harder’ — instead of singing Faith of Our Fathers, the only Catholic hymn that comes close to the militant spirit of so many Proddy hymns,\.

Faith of our fathers, living still
    In spite of dungeon, fire and sword,
    O how our hearts beat high with joy
    Whene’er we hear that glorious word!
    Faith of our fathers! holy faith!
    We will be true to thee till death!
    Our fathers, chained in prisons dark,
    Were still in heart and conscience free;
    And blest would be their children’s fate,
    If they, like them should die for thee:
    Faith of our fathers! holy faith!
    We will be true to thee till death!

183. Gab

Church cancels day of prayer for Pell.

Had to. Apparently one of the resident’s relative saw the notice and became quite upset about it. So of course she rang 3AW and next thing the nursing home, which in on the grounds of the Chapel where the prayers were to be held, received abusive calls and emails and were pestered by the media. The nursing home is run by nuns and despite being a Catholic facility, they accept any denomination of faith (or even no faith). So the home is good enough for the nuns to look after her relative, but not good enough for them to practise their faith.

184. Fat Tony

MatrixTransform
    #2953664, posted on March 8, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Lucky numbers wasnt here … he would of been on that like a seagull on a chip.

Lucky numbers wasn’t here … he would’ve been on that like a seagull on a chip 🙂

185. Elle

Lovely, areff. Thank you for the subtitles. 🙂

186. DrBeauGan

Quite so, BoN. And you are deceiving yourself if you imagine that the guy who wrote genesis knew that and was explaining it to stone-age men.

Stone age women wouldn’t have been interested. They haven’t changed much in the interval.

187. areff

Still doesn’t excuse it, Gab. As to the pulping of the Catholic Standard in tasmania

Would dearly like to get my hands on a copy of the offending column. It needs to be published

188. Gab

Oh yeah, and they’ve now had to employ security guards because despite the prayer day being cancelled, Pell hater activists are threatening to demonstrate at the place.

189. areff

My pleasure, Elle. Used to belt that one out as a kid on Sunday mornings, then go back to perving on the Children of Mary.

190. 1735099

When I sang “Faith of our Fathers” as a seven year old, the priest was Irish as was my Great Grandfather, so as far as my family was concerned, it was an expression of fenian piety.

191. areff

Pell hater activists are threatening to demonstrate at the place.

Perhaps they need to meet some spirited resistance

192. dover_beach

Dover I didn’t think you would be one who reads only what you want to read.

I also wrote:
    “some genuine historical fact in the Old testament”

Sure, but if these genuine historical facts were few and far between you would not have a field like biblical archeology, in which the Bible serves as a source of credible history.

193. Gab

I think it does excuse it, areff, given the vulnerability of the residents.

As for pulping the article, I’m not sure that given the appeal in progress that it would have done the Cardinal any good by calling people who criticize Pell “wicked”.

In any case, there are plenty praying for him. And as any Catholic of strong faith would know, one prays even for their enemy.

Fat Tony
    #2953677, posted on March 8, 2019 at 9:25 pm

MatrixTransform
    #2953664, posted on March 8, 2019 at 9:12 pm
    Lucky numbers wasnt here … he would of been on that like a seagull on a chip.

Lucky numbers wasn’t here … he would’ve been on that like a seagull on a chip 🙂

Took me a sec. to realise what you did there. LOL

I find corrections really silly, we all make typos, use inappropriate, unsuitable words but, as long as the message gets through, who cares?

195. areff

I normally ignore you, Numbers, in the hope you’ll go away, but it’s no longer a Catholic hymn. Even the Mormon Tabernacle Choir kicks out the jams with it.

Whenever I take Mum to Mass, the organ goes unplayed and we are treated to Year 10 pimpleheads playing guitars badly and singing in tune only by accident.

And they wonder why the pews are empty.

196. Elle

and they’ve now had to employ security guards

Appalling! Disgraceful!

We have armed guards here in the eastern suburbs of Sydney protecting our J*wish schools and synagogues.

This is Australia!

J*ws and Catholics.

Next?

197. Fat Tony

Mark A
    #2953691, posted on March 8, 2019 at 9:33 pm

Yeah – I was being facetious – taking the piss outta Numbers.

198. Snoopy

Hey Numbers, for the third time, was Bill D’Arcy properly convicted?

199. MatrixTransform

same same

200. areff

Gab, the accusers were wicked. One of them has recounted tales of mistreatment that have become progressively more fanciful with every telling.

By the time he told his story to the royal commission, he recalled being strapped naked to a St Andrews cross and beaten by dominatrix nuns. No mention if they were wearing latex habits, but give him time.

201. dover_beach

Pell hater activists are threatening to demonstrate at the place.

What a country.

202. Gab

the organ goes unplayed

What happens when you make females bishops:

Women bishops condemn pipe organ as instrument of toxic masculinity on International Women’s Day.”

203. Fat Tony

Gab
    #2953690, posted on March 8, 2019 at 9:32 pm

I remember my Dad telling me an old Irish prayer along the lines of:
    “Lord, please turn the minds of my enemies, and if You don’t do that, then turn their ankles so I may know them by their limping”.

204. Leo G

Actually, you are referring to one of about ten sections of Genesis, each apparently by different authors and recorded in different eras. The first era was of “the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created”, implying that the author was God and the account is a revelation of the reason for creation to a later human recorder.
    My understanding is that the next witness recorded in Genesis is of “the generation of Noah”.
    None of the human authors of Genesis are known, nor can the context of their authorship be reasonably known, nor with any certainty their intent.
    We only have some assurance about the intent of the compiler, Moses.

Fat Tony
    #2953694, posted on March 8, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Yeah – I was being facetious – taking the piss outta Numbers.

Yeah, I know guilty of it myself in his case, the pretentious git.

206. Fat Tony

MatrixTransform
    #2953696, posted on March 8, 2019 at 9:37 pm

same same

MT – I wasn’t putting shit on you, just on Numbers

207. DrBeauGan

It’s not hard to believe that the Pell accusers had the same problem.

208. Gab

Beware, Fat Tony, lest I say the Maledictory psalms against you! 🙂

209. MatrixTransform

wasn’t putting shit on you, just on Numbers

nah, I get it.

I puzzled for a bit and found the smiley

DrB – Genesis was written down by Moses, according to church history. That also fits with the fact that he was raised in the court of the pharaoh of Egypt and was likely literate. He also had paper to write on.

Moses was a prophet. Prophets in the OT are inspired by the Holy Spirit and receive data directly. They did not necessarily understand what they were writing down, nor did anyone else, that only became clear later.

Thus, via consistent Biblical methodology Moses can easily have received a potted paleohistory and cosmology, enough to fit the requirements. Recall that the Bible is a textbook intended to give the basis for Christ saving fallen humanity, not as a textbook of a bunch of 20thC “ologies”. That it fits as well as it does is pretty amazing, especially considering when it was written, what language it was written in, who wrote it and why it was written.

Furthermore you’ll find the inferences from the fall of Adam and Eve fit remarkably well with real world human psychology – unlike humanist psychology. That empirical view of the nature of mankind has powerful implications – eg against socialism. It works. The current SJW view of humankind doesn’t. All that comes from studying the Bible.

You get nothing of this depth from the Koran, at least as I understand peripherally, since I’ve not read it.

211. Elle

OT
    I know you like Bette Midler.
    For you 🙂

Anglican Church abuse survivor and Beyond Abuse founder Steve Fisher described the comments in the opinion piece as “disgraceful” and “disgusting.”

“Especially given that they are about Cardinal Pell and they come at a time when survivors are really hoping that the guilty verdict of Pell may change the way the Church treats survivors,” Mr Fisher said.

“The impact [of these comments] on survivors is just basically another kick in the stomach, it’s just again another way of putting survivors down.”

Mr Fisher said Dr Daintree should be sanctioned from writing for any Catholic publication.

Always the melodrama, always the demands for bans and silence, always the hatred. The Hobart archbishop’s surrender to these lunatics – that’s what is disgraceful.

I then read on to see that the Archdiocese of Melbourne has also banned prayer at the insistence of those same lunatics. Mind you, I do understand that the media would definitely have whipped up a mob to physically assault the attendees. This will end in bloodshed. Pell’s haters want it to.

Funnily enough, I’ve begun reading the OT over the past few weeks. I’ve read it before – though not thoroughly (when I was younger I approached it as a linear narrative) – but I’m now interested in the relationship between God and man. I’ve begun to think that man is called to sainthood – this is his ultimate vocation. What can be learned from Sacred Scripture about this lifetime’s work of chiseling away the marble around oneself to become fully human in this sense?

214. MatrixTransform

numberzs nitpicking is a little odd.

must have a slim grasp on things to agonize so much over things similar to the apostrophe in Socialist’s party

215. Oh come on

Well, Numbers’s wife is (according to him) very ill. As a consequence, he has returned here to correct typos and make a spectacle of himself. It’s a strange reaction to what most would consider a difficult part of life, but whatever floats his boat, I spose.

Women bishops condemn pipe organ as instrument of toxic masculinity

Well that does it for the entire woodwind and brass sections then.
    No blowing of phallic instruments.

217. Ivan Denisovich

Pell hater activists are threatening to demonstrate at the place.

Hendo has more examples of Their ABC whipping up Pell hatred:

Jon Faine made his erroneous comment before George Pell’s grounds of appeal were released. In fact, the third ground has nothing to do with whether the jury was “properly selected” but rather turns on whether the accused was arraigned as required by Sections 210 and 217 of the Criminal Procedure Act.

Mr Faine, presumably acting on gossip and rumour, just made this up. But don’t expect a correction for his prejudicial statement – still less an apology. ABC stars like Jon Faine act according to the mantra that – being a journalist means you never have to make a correction.

And this:

Gerard Henderson was asked by Mr Olney to match Viv Waller – a Pell antagonist. Kristina Keneally, another Pell antagonist, was already on the panel. So Hendo was asked to oppose two Pell antagonists. When he declined Q&A’s invitation – Q&A went out and found – wait for it – another Pell antagonist. To wit, Francis Sullivan. When Hendo found out that Q&A had increased its Pell antagonists from two to three – he wrote to Q&A’s Lindsay Olney. Now read on

218. MatrixTransform

Women bishops condemn pipe organ as instrument of toxic masculinity

That will completely pluck Bolero then

219. DrBeauGan

For a few centuries now, people have been finding confirmation of current theories of the world in the Bible. As time goes by, the theories change. This strongly suggests they were fooling themselves.

I agree that there is a realistic grasp of psychology in the Bible which is sadly lacking in leftist thought. If the word thought is what I want.

If you really want to convince me, find something in the Bible hinting that the Earth rotates on its axis rather than having the sun go around it. Then square that with Joshua.

220. Arky

For a few centuries now, people have been finding confirmation of current theories of the world in science. As time goes by, the theories change. This strongly suggests they were fooling themselves.

221. Elle

strapped naked to a St Andrews cross and beaten by dominatrix nuns

Areff, were you at the Mardi Gras afterparty?
    Shame.

222. Gab

I’ve begun to think that man is called to sainthood

Indeed, the Doctors of the Church and many other saints have said the same. Reading about St John of God and his life before he re-converted is amazing. In fact most of the saints were sinners first! Some majorly so, starting with St Paul.

223. Fat Tony

Gab
    #2953706, posted on March 8, 2019 at 9:43 pm
    Beware, Fat Tony, lest I say the Maledictory psalms against you!

Begone you Jezebel – I fear you not – for the Power of Lord is my right arm….and something about cracking eggs and making omelettes….and sayeth the Lord…. 🙂

224. MatrixTransform

very ill

I wish them both a speedy recovery

225. DrBeauGan

That’s me stuffed.

226. DrBeauGan

It’s called learning, Arky. Nobody thinks science is complete. The word of God on the other hand ought to be fairly constant.

227. Fat Tony

BoN:

From what I’ve read of it, one would come off feeling rather unclean after an in-depth study.
    The Religion of Peace, brought to us by the Prince of Lies.

It’s a pity that with all the people who believe/know there is a God, not many acknowledge the reality of Satan.

Then square that with Joshua.

Subroutine def timestop.
    Run timestop.

God is omniscient and all powerful. Most if not all Jesus’ miracles would break the laws of thermodynamics. But any programmer could insert an easter egg to do exactly this sort of thing in their universe simulation program.

You have always to consider why it was done, what the purpose was and what the effects were – in the context of the spiritual narrative of the Bible.

(forgive my ersatz code, I’ve not written a line of programming for ten or fifteen years, and I tended to write in Basic)

229. bespoke

Gab
    #2953699, posted on March 8, 2019 at 9:38 pm

Was that Satire?, please say it was!

230. Arky

So inconsistent interpretation falsifies scripture, but inconsistent interpretation of scientific fact is learning?

231. Geriatric Mayfly

Women bishops condemn pipe organ as instrument of toxic masculinity

Stupid bloody lezzos. Sometime ago, a cat posted a video of a perfectly formed young lady giving a Bach Toccata and Fugue a damn good run for its money.

232. Fat Tony

areff
    #2953707, posted on March 8, 2019 at 9:43 pm
    Sic him anyway, Gab.

That’s nice areff.
    And to think I stood up for you the other day – someone said you were not fit to eat with the pigs – and I said you were.

Women bishops condemn pipe organ as instrument of toxic masculinity

Definitely no cellos too.

234. Stimpson J. Cat

Everyone on this website lacks the self awareness and insight to deal with serious mental illness as maturely as I do.
    I’m sorry guys but it has to be said.
    Your minds simply couldn’t take it.
    It’s more about the way you think than how smart you are.

😁

235. areff

Thanks, Elle. bette shoould have left the choreography to jagger and concentrated on the vocals. For bette at her best, try the soundtrack to “For the boys”

Go to 8.50 for a ripper performance:

236. DrBeauGan

Timestop won’t work because nobody would notice. You’d have to not stop Joshua and his mates. And an omnipotent omniscient God would be able to think of better ways of winning battles. I can. Bolts of lightning from a cloudless sky would be much more convincing.

If God is omnipotent, could He make a stone so heavy He couldn’t lift it? The idea is incoherent.

This is terribly childish.

237. Arky

This is terribly childish.

Lose this schtick.
    Argue the argument.
    Stop insulting people.

238. DrBeauGan

I didn’t say anything about falsifying scripture. What inconsistent interpretation of scripture shows is that people are fooling themselves.

Incidentally, I’ve had several emails today, none from Sinc.

239. Arky

And get up Davidson to send me your details, or vice versa.

240. Old Lefty

So the Hunchback’s Stalinist pervert thuggocracy is to descend on a nursing home – no doubt with Fatty Ashton’s Victorian Police Farce to guide and protect them

241. DrBeauGan

And get up Davidson to send me your details, or vice versa.

If you’ve tried and it hasn’t worked, why should I have better luck? Try again you lazy sod.

242. Stimpson J. Cat

Elle that is a diabolical thing to do.
    Just terrible.

243. Fat Tony

Arky
    #2953752, posted on March 8, 2019 at 10:31 pm
    And get up Davidson to send me your details, or vice versa.

Arky – just send an email to Sinc and ask him to forward it to Dr BG.