Open Forum: March 23, 2019

1,653 Responses to Open Forum: March 23, 2019

1. Memoryvault

Two terms of a Shorten /Plibersek Govenment will make the Whitlam Government look a model of good governance, and the resulting economic train smash will make the Great Depression like like a tea party.

FIFY Zulu. It really doesn’t matter who wins the election, or what they do.
    The future is now cast in stone and there’s fuck-all anybody can do about it.

2. Snoopy

maybe he self-immolated in disgust/protest

It would take three airport appliances to extinguish the fire.

3. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

The Roots of Jacinda Ardern’s Extraordinary, unbelievable, exemplary,stupendous, magnificent, euphorically majestic, unparalleled, unreplicatable, stupendous, totally beyond comprehension, truly breathtaking, sumptuous, all encompassing, magnanimous, god like Leadership After Christchurch

fuck the link

4. Armadillo

The political future of Australia is in the hands of wether Lizzie and hairy bestow their collective wisdom upon us.

Good Lordy.

5. Memoryvault

Evening Struth,
    Yes, I have a drink going. How did you know?
    You must be a clairvoyant or something.

Bruce of Newcastle
    #2969124, posted on March 24, 2019 at 10:41 pm

Sorry Bruce I kept reading past your passage.
    Some I still remember from Sunday school but not in the new version.

I have lapsed.

7. struth

The future is now cast in stone and there’s fuck-all anybody can do about it.

I can drive down to Canberra, go smashing through the road block I so subordinately didn’t crash through last time and chuck a brown eye at the press gallery.
    That’llfuck’em.

Yes, I have a drink going. How did you know?

Sliante, Memory Vault.

struth
    #2969131, posted on March 24, 2019 at 10:49 pm

The future is now cast in stone and there’s fuck-all anybody can do about it.

That’llfuck’em.

Still wouldn’t change a thing, but by God it would make you and a lot of us fell better.

10. struth

If you were a piss pot before the death of a spouse, it stands to reason you still are.

Just a cheap pepperjack Shiraz here.

11. RobK

Dillo,
    wether Lizzie
    A bit harsh.

not going to fix a typo!!

13. Knuckle Dragger

Ease up, Fleeced.

We don’t know whether the surrender sheet policy’s worked yet.

FFS, she ain’t no Obama.

14. struth

As long as you guys didn’t get the full starfish.
    I’d never forgive myself.
    I’d have to make sure you were all down wind.

15. Armadillo

A bit harsh.

Not really. The pompous attitude grates.

MV – In my electorate the Libs and ALP each lost about a quarter of their primary vote vs last election. Those votes went to the centre-right independent who romped in with about 73% 2PP. At federal level we’re rusted on Labor. It shows just how much the voters dislike the major parties – if they are given someone else to vote for.

17. Knuckle Dragger

UPDATE:

Fleeced,
    The surrender sheet policy doesn’t work.

The four Change people who each signed the petition 5000 times will be mildly disappointed.

RobK
    #2969135, posted on March 24, 2019 at 10:53 pm

Dillo,
    wether Lizzie
    A bit harsh.

She might even object/protest at the correct equivalent, with good reason too.

Typos galore RuS, tonight.

19. Knuckle Dragger

Watching the Aus v Paki ODI in the Middle East somewhere.

The commentators are currently trying to make themselves heard over the call to prayer issuing via PA from a minaret near the ground.

What little crowd there was has strangely disappeared.

20. Memoryvault

That’llfuck’em.

Just who or what is this mysterious “them” you’re planning to fuck with your truck, Struth?
    Truth is you could blow up the entire Parliament House and everybody in it, and it would make stuff-all difference to what is now in the process of unfolding.

Time to look after you and yours.
    There’s nothing else you can do.

21. struth

I wonder just how thick the Australian voter is these days.
    I honestly think that social media is doing us no ham at all.

To be honest, I think social media is just female hysterics making men silently angrier.

The problem is the schools banning maleness and manhood, not social media showing us all shallow female hysteria.
    I generalise……………………

22. Josh

The AFL’s score enhancing rule changes have delivered the lowest scoring opening round since 1965.

Gerald Whateley will take to the airwaves tomorrow and declare his rule changes a huge success, followed by a congratulatory phone call from Barrie Cassidy.

23. Armadillo

Typos galore RuS, tonight.

It’s a blog. Not an exercise in literary excellence.

Auto correct sux. People should stop apologising for it.

24. Knuckle Dragger

Struth,

Social media has its uses, albeit unintended at times.

My FB feed has been inundated with posts supportive of Egg Manboy recently, and every single one of them was flooded with the opinions of people highly unimpressed by the actions and mindset of poor Billy from Hampton. Which, I might add, I joined into with gay abandon (I’m taking that word back btw).

The posts disappear fairly quickly, and while no significant impact is made in the political landscape it’s left the original posters in no doubt that their narrative is in no way shared by the multitude.

Idiots.

The family always knew my great Uncle was a World War Two veteran, but I’m transcribing his diaries. Those diaries have him with 2/32nd Battalion, in two battles of El Alamein, and , later, as an artilleryman, in New Guinea.

He was in camp near Gaza, where the locals were so adept at stealing everything that wasn’t nailed down, that the sentries were told “It costs ten bob to bury an Arab, but one who’s wounded, and in hospital, will cost a devil of a lot more…”

26. struth

It isn’t so important to me if I win or lose, (well of course it’s important), but it’s more so that I fight.
    Or illegally emigrate to the states.

Armadillo
    #2969149, posted on March 24, 2019 at 11:06 pm

People should stop apologising for it.

I did, and stuff anyone correcting.

FFS, she ain’t no Obama.

She’s just a silly girl.
    /Python voice

29. Steve trickler

Even Elwyn has been at Star Wars Canyon this month.

The Mach Loop in Wales must still be closed. Chatter suggests a Typhoon flew 15o feet over a dwelling and someone complained. Wankers! Local MP got involved….. grrr.

30. Fleeced

Ease up, Fleeced.

We don’t know whether the surrender sheet policy’s worked yet.

FFS, she ain’t no Obama.

Yeah, and even in the unlikely event she was awarded it, nobody lacks humility quite to the extent Obama did. Can you imagine, in his position, knowing it was just a participation award and still accepting it? Ugh.

Adern might cringe at the idea of accepting such an award (but she’d have to seem reluctant in any case – voters love bestowing power and gifts on people they think don’t want it).

It’s a crazy world. The more I see of it, the less I understand. If life is a simulation as some have speculated, then it’s more like a Sims videogame, and the reason things sometimes go crazy is because the older brother is playing silly buggers to see what happens.

31. Armadillo

Social media has its uses, albeit unintended at times.

And sometimes intended. Amazing how a “left wing loon” can whip the gullible into a frenzy. I should post some tips on how to destroy a left wing site. It’s not that hard when you become one of the herd.

32. Memoryvault

Fair enough Struth. Enjoy yourself.

But you can forget about hightailing it to the States though.
    When the time comes that place will be locked down tighter than a drum.
    Trump is already working towards that end.

33. Armadillo

Tip one. Be inquisitive. You need to be “schooled” by your betters. Thank them for it.

Memoryvault
    #2969160, posted on March 24, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Fair enough Struth. Enjoy yourself.

But you can forget about hightailing it to the States though.
    When the time comes that place will be locked down tighter than a drum.
    Trump is already working towards that end.

If, IF it comes to that I think it will happen in the US first.
    All stupid ideas originate there.

Two terms are not long enough, with the distractions he has, plus I’m not sure he is really committed at heart.

35. struth

Arma, are you suggesting the old ask questions routine?
    It works a treat in the tourism industry.
    You can’t tell your punters they’re wankers, but you can make them tell you.

36. Armadillo

Tip two. Whenever someone says something utterly ridiculous, that is totally against all your values and defies logic, post this as a reply.

“+ 100”.

37. Armadillo

Arma, are you suggesting the old ask questions routine?

Lefties love that shit Struth. Smirk.

38. Infidel Tiger

Kim Basinger is 65.

Where did my life go?

39. Armadillo

Too stupid to figure out that you are taking the piss out of them.

The more questions you ask, the more they tie themselves in knots.

40. Knuckle Dragger

Arma,

It is clear you are strong in ways of the dark side.

Something, something, something, rule the Universe.

Something, something, something, complete.

Kim Basinger is 65.

Where did my life go?

Jane Seymour is 68….

42. Fleeced

This is depressing… and yes, I blame government policy for causing it:

Skid Road: How California’s army of homeless has turned the state’s richest boulevards into RV parks as exorbitant rents force families and full-time workers to live on four wheels

– California has seen a proliferation in RV and vehicle living in some of the state’s most expensive areas and cities, such as Palo Alto, in recent years

– The rise of mobile homes lining streets has been fueled by excessive rents and house prices, though numbers are hard to pin down

– RV dwellers include families priced out of neighborhoods who want to keep their children in the same school districts and full-time, salaried workers

– Sleeping in vehicles remains illegal in many places across California, which is attempting to financially support more services for the homeless and displaced

– The Golden State is home to about 12 percent of the US population and a disproportionate amount of the nation’s homeless at 22 percent

– The situation has become so dire that grassroots organizations and non-profits such as SafeParkingLA have sprung up to identify and set up safe parking areas

– The growing problem has sparked a cottage industry of RV and vehicle ‘landlords’ who rent out everything from bunks in camper vans to box trucks

Infidel Tiger
    #2969168, posted on March 24, 2019 at 11:37 pm

Kim Basinger is 65.

You are keeping tab on them, or getting auto updates on celebrities?

44. Knuckle Dragger

IT,

Kim Basinger will always be Whatsername in LA Confidential for mine.

Although I’m not too sure I would have wanted ‘Russell Crowe porked me in that movie’ in my resume.

45. Armadillo

Where did my life go?

Drugs and alcohol. It’s not a bad thing. A vague recollection of a younger Kim on your death bed is something to behold. Stop reading the MSM. Just imagine you are both still in your 20’s.

Kim Basinger is 65.

Hilary Clinton is stuck on 78.

47. Memoryvault

If, IF it comes to that

There is no “IF” about it, Mark. All things in Nature are cyclical. This is no different.

The last time we entered a Grand Solar Minimum it became known as the Maunder Minimum. Five years later started what became known as The Little Ice Age, around 1700. It lasted 150 years. Back then people in the Northern Hemisphere had little choice other than to starve or freeze to death, or plunder from those around them.

We entered this Grand Solar Minimum in 2008. The subsequent bitter weather in the NH winters is neither unprecedented nor temporary. It’s all happened before and will happen again.

We balked at 50,000 country shoppers arriving at Christmas Island in leaky fishing boats. One can only wonder what we are going to do with a million genuine climate refugees a year arriving at Sydney airport a thousand at a time.

Drugs and alcohol.

I used to spend all my money on fast cars, whisky and attempting to relieve young ladies – and some who were old enough to know better – of the burden of their chastity.

I now spend all my money on comfortable walking shoes, scratch resistant reading glasses, and pharmasist’s bills for the treatment of arthritis. There’s something going on here, I’m not sure what is is.

49. Rabid Koala

Lyle Shelton, March 2019

Who said controversy was beyond him?

FUCKING IDIOT For 60 years the left has been kicking the shit out of the right with one simple trick. They don’t punch left. Instead of attacking the left cucks like Shelton are too busy denouncing the people acting accomplishing something.

50. None

Photios writing a creepy paeon to Gladys. As I have said for a long time and Gladys is a Photios girl and sell and spend is not good government. I’m really glad that Mark Latham has won a seat because he’s going to put the screws on lying Gladys and Photios Pimps

51. DrBeauGan

Infidel Tiger
    #2969168, posted on March 24, 2019 at 11:37 pm
    Kim Basinger is 65.

Where did my life go?

Never mind. Jennifer Lawrence is only 28. If you’re going to fantasise about Kim bassinger you can fantasise about Jennifer instead.

52. Armadillo

I’m cancelling the solar panel order and building a cave.

53. Zyconoclast

Fleeced
    #2969173, posted on March 24, 2019 at 11:44 pm
    This is depressing… and yes, I blame government policy for causing it:

Reminds me of the Dubai sewerage trucks video from about 10 years ago. (Just the trucks , not the content)

54. DrBeauGan

And if you’re really into dimbettes, there’s always Emma Watson.

55. Armadillo

Keep off my turf Infidel. My dreams, my property.

56. Armadillo

Sinc, please ban Arky.

Kim Basinger is 65.

Somehow, “I shagged Kim Bassinger” sounds a little more impressive than “I shagged an old age pensioner.”

DrBeauGan
    #2969190, posted on March 25, 2019 at 12:10 am

And if you’re really into dimbettes, there’s always Emma Watson.

I watched the early episodes with my daughter, as you’re obliged, and seeing in E W the emergence of an unforgiving, opinionated harpy.

Wasn’t too far wrong, sometimes the directors can see the personality of an actor selected, suitable for the role perfectly.

No mUnter.
    No spud-peeler.
    Mueller has brought us peace in our time.

60. Zyconoclast

Sudanese-born Miss Australia finalist*, 24, who attacked a United Airlines flight attendant faces 21 years behind bars for ‘drunken’ assault – but blames the ‘ordeal’ on sleeping pills
    -An Australian model could spend 21 years in an American prison for assault
    -She became disorderly on a plane after she was refused any more alcohol
    -Adau Mornyang maintains her innocence and says her career is now ruined

*Are they running out of attractive Australian women?

No mUnter.
    No spud-peeler.
    Mueller has brought us peace in our time.

That’s a new keyboard, and a double Scotch you owe me…

62. DrBeauGan

And if you’re really into dimbettes, there’s always Emma Watson.

She was supposed to be intelligent in the Harry Potter movies. They got that horribly wrong.

63. Rabid Koala

Poor Emma might have received “special attention” from Harvey Weinstein.

This photo says it all

No wonder she is messed up

64. Steve trickler

I am trying to figure out the geographical location? … and i reckon it is a hard carbon produced from a volcano advertisement . Nice work on the hot rocks, lady. If it is fake, so be it.

The music holds its own.

65. Knuckle Dragger

Model?

Are you sure?

Modelling what, exactly?

66. Steve trickler

Using the word of people that sell gems in a store, causes hiccups with the filters.

67. Knuckle Dragger

Leaving aside the fact that this ‘model’ gargled her way through at least six glasses of wine, and is that scrawny you could read the paper through her ribs (multiplying grog’s effects) – I’m no expert on pharmacology, but every sleeping tablet I know of comes with a warning to avoid alcohol when taking them.

Too bad, so sad, lady. Orange is the new black, you know.

Zyconoclast
    #2969201, posted on March 25, 2019 at 12:22 am

Sudanese-born Miss Australia finalist

Bloody hell, and I’m not in the habit of cussing, is this the best we can come up with?

69. Isn’t this the same chick who had some sneering words of advice to “white Australia” regards the JB violence sprees?

Fundamental error.
    Played up on the MEL-LAX flight.
    Had she chosen the return LAX-MEL leg, Fatty Ashton would have detained the UA crew and questioned them about their racism.

Breaking …
    This is real:
    NZ Music Festival Evacuated Because Someone Claimed Attendee Had a ‘Right Wing’ Tattoo.

The evacuation of thousands of concert-goers from the Homegrown Music Festival last night was reportedly sparked by a tattoo.

Police said on Sunday morning that initial concerns were “to do with a tattoo” however they said the concern “was a mistake”.

It has been reported the tattoo was thought to be linked to far-right ideology, however, it turned out it was traditional.

Around 5000 concertgoers were evacuated from the main stage at the Homegrown Festival in Wellington around 9.20pm.

Homegrown spokeswoman Kelly Wright said the incident was “an innocent misunderstanding”.

“Some of the Homegrown crew identified a person that they were concerned about and police made the call that person needed to be found,” she said.

72. Knuckle Dragger

Throwing ‘racial slurs’ around an aircraft, Miss Model. For shame.

And this from someone who said the Apex mob weren’t to blame for anything because they were all mentally ill, and that they should embrace white Australia.

Well well. True colours and all that.

73. Knuckle Dragger

‘it turned out it was traditional’

Well that rules out wording in the tatt. What else in a tattoo could possibly be construed as right wing, and even if it was how the hell does that result in shooing 5000 people out the door?

A portrait of Trump? Pinochet? Churchill?

Morons.

As regards that Pell beat-up in Fairfax, I predict we’ll see more victims real and imaginary who will argue the Cardinal’s former oversight of Melbourne Response means that a convicted “child molester” was secretly using that body to immorally ‘manage’ their cases and payouts. That’s why a woman whose claims were prosecutorially binned by Victoria Police has now emerged, theatrically ‘angry’ with Pell who had nothing whatsoever to do with her narrative hitherto.

75. Rabid Koala

A portrait of Trump? Pinochet? Churchill?

Morons.

The swastika is found in traditional Indian art. It could have been some smelly hippie with a ‘cool’ Buddhist design that had the swastika in it…It could have also been a green frog…you never know what makes leftists and cucks wet their pants

76. mh

The vagicide is strong with this one.

77. Knuckle Dragger

Good God, RK. Don’t let struth hear you say that.

We’ll be here all night.

78. Knuckle Dragger

C.L.,

Agreed absolutely. Rumour Milligan will be onto it at daybreak.

79. Waitacottonpickinminnit…. wasn’t Miss Barbiedoll shaped model held up to us as proof that Sudanese could make it?
    She was going to make more money & be more influential than all stale pale males put together.
    And she’d done it from the handicap of being a refugee with no English (blah blah blah), while the stale pale males were all drinking beer & going to the footy and generally being bogans.

She was the “role model for the future”… etc.

Zyconoclast
    #2969201, posted on March 25, 2019 at 12:22 am

Aussie model Adau Mornyang breaks silence as she may face jail after drunken attack on United Airlines flight attendant
    Sarah Blake In New York And Shoba Rao, News Corp Australia Network
    March 24, 2019 11:44pm
    Exclusive: A prominent model and Miss Australia finalist faces a possible 21 years in an American jail after drunkenly attacking an attendant on a flight from Melbourne to Los Angeles.

New York-based Mornyang, who is from Victoria, was accused of slapping a steward in the face and kicking an air marshal in the chest after she was refused alcohol service aboard United Flight 99 on January 21.

She was found guilty after a trial in Los Angeles federal court of assault and interference with a flight attendant, but acquitted of assaulting the marshal.

Mornyang last night denied she had attacked anyone and described the episode as “an ordeal” that she did not remember after having mixed prescription drugs with alcohol to sleep during the flight.

Ray Hadley accused of bullying by former 2GB producer in blistering Facebook post
    Matthew Benns, Editor-at-large, The Daily Telegraph
    March 25, 2019 12:12am

Radio station 2GB has been embroiled in another drama, with a former staff member alleging­ that host Ray Hadley bullied him, and that he was verbally abused weekly for more than a decade.

A Macquarie Radio spokesman said the company was “not aware of any complaints related to this matter” and invited­ them “to be raised directly­ with the station”.

Former producer Chris Bowen wrote that he “suffered mental health problems” after the death of his parents and “16 years of intense bullying” by a work colleague at Radio 2GB, which is owned by the Nine Network.

“I was subjected to vile and inexcusable behaviour,’’ he wrote. “Out of control sheer rage. It was directed at me at least weekly.”

Bowen did not name Hadley­ in the post, but wrote “you don’t need to be Sherlock Holmes to work it out”.

He confirmed the post was referring to Hadley when contacted­ by The Daily Telegraph on Sunday.

Hadley said he had been made aware of the posts but added: “I won’t be saying anything about it out of respect for his mental health issues.”

Four years ago Hadley was accused of being a “psychotic bully” by Macquarie Radio’s chairman Russell Tate after the broadcaster was recorded launching a tirade at producer Richard Palmer. Hadley was suspended before the matter was settled out of court.

82. Adau Mornyang, 24, will be sentenced in June over the assault on the January flight, which a US air marshal described as “the most severe he has encountered in his ten years” on the job.

Classic.

83. Notafan

I read that article about ‘Jenny’ and got the impression that the mysterious Italian priest could not be identified, because he didn’t exist.

Catholic church offered compensation to pretty much everyone that asked for it.

Let’s see if the name of the mystery Italian priest comes out in the next few days.

If he’s real, it will.

Any case that involves a rape without grooming, that a child didn’t reveal at the time, seems a little unlikely to me, even the errand seems unlikely.

84. Notafan

Adua Mornyang has something for her sentencing hearing.

Interesting that she claims that the South Sudanese community have no concept of rape.

assume mornyang

Johannes Leak (with the Paywallian’s Media Diary column item about Alan Jones’ contract talks with 2GB. After all the talk that he might leave, AJ is now expected to sign a new deal).

Dean Alston (West Australian) on WA political wannabe Anthony Fels, who’s standing in the May federal election for Clive Palmer’s circus in the state’s second-biggest electorate, O’Connor.
    More here.

87. RobK

Thanks Tom. Always a good read. 🙂

88. Knuckle Dragger

Seriously?

MUST there be a deformed TA in every single one of Rowe’s incoherent offerings? How long ago was Abbott dumped?

Jesus Christ, Turnmerkel cast a far bigger negative footprint on the country than Abbott ever did. Are we to believe that the nefarious hand of Abbott is everywhere in SLF policy and decision making?

I’m no cheerleader for the guy, but bloody hell. It’s akin to Zanetti putting a visage of Bob Hawke in every cartoon that features Manboobs and his union master.

89. Knuckle Dragger

Aaaand it appears that TC Veronica is down to Cat 2, and will further weaken as it pisses off west without even crossing the coast.

Yesterday BOM was reporting that Hedland would be in the eye of the storm for eight hours.

But climate uncertainty. And modelling.

90. bespoke

yconoclast
    #2969076, posted on March 24, 2019 at 9:28 pm
    So how can Hanson do what AC can’t ?

All Hanson actually does is grift the more than 4% first preference money/loot.

The media love and promote her because she is the safe and useless voice of the bogan.

They use her to ensure all other alternative voices are drowned out.

It’s a symbiotic relationship between the controllers and the grifter.

Yep, if you support retail politicians don’t cry when they shift the to the next group that will give them power/cash.

91. Knuckle Dragger

Ealing Police in the UK report that the Year 7 kiddies at Stockley Academy School have done their bit to reduce knife crime in their fair land by handing all their classroom scissors to the local wallopers.

I am not making this up.

92. Farmer Gez

ABC meme for the day.
    The Barr letter does not exonerate Trump of obstruction of justice.
    Zoe Daniel is busily searching for Santa’s fingerprints on the Chrissie presents.

93. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I am not making this up.

In that case, virtue signaling is reaching even greater heights of absurdity.

Soon we’ll have to check out our kitchen knives with a monitored code from authorized automatic time-locked cabinets before preparing each meal and check them back in afterwards. Kitchen police will be round to see that we are all complying and will fine waverers. Recalcitrants will be sent to re-education camps and allowed only plastic knives. Frequent cattle-class flyers may have a technological head start here.

94. feelthebern

Zulu Kilo, great that you are transcribing your ancestors diaries.
    The more source material that is kept, means the less likely (hopefully) we’ll see Bandanna Man pretending that he’s done the same.
    Seriously, having him on the War Memorial board/trust is like having Belle Gibson on the TGA.

95. feelthebern

Twitter banned commentators over the weekend for posting the footage of Rachel Maddow crying.
    Yesterday, twitter said that #insiders was trending with 8k tweets.
    Really?
    On a Sunday morning, there were 8k tweets?
    You can now delete twitter trends & call them spam when you do.
    Not sure how long that’s been a function.

96. feelthebern

Last thing whilst on Soap box.
    If Trump doesn’t do something about these FISA courts, I will be surprised.
    Something like 98% of warrants are approved.
    How does that work?
    That’s a higher strike rate than the Stasi.

97. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I like the way Ben Garrison always draws a youthful handsome Trump.
    For he once was. Just like my own sweet Hairy Ape.
    Time tracks us all, but the spirit underneath lives on.

Your toons make any unwanted early-morning waking bearable; thanks Tom.

98. Knuckle Dragger

I see the cheating bogan midget, now complete with ranga beard made 85 overnight in the IPL.

Unbackable odds are that he’ll do his nana when being teased by the World Cup crowds, and he’ll end up doing an Eric Cantona on the Barmy Army.

Tell me again how good you are for the game, you leprous weasel.

Tell me again how good you are for the game, you leprous weasel.

Look, I don’t like Virat Kohli either, but that’s a bit rich.

100. Cassie of Sydney

“It shows that the Dorsey was lying through his teeth again when he was on Joe Rogan.”

Well why is anyone surprised! A slippery eel has more spine than Dorsey.

101. Twostix

The general left have been living in a propoganda orwellian inner party lie for three years.

I don’t expect much introspection today which genuinly makes me feel sad for the ones I know.

102. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

kicking an air marshal in the chest

Well, girls can kick high, as that recent photo shot showed very well.
    But what was this lady on the aircraft wearing?
    Clothing matters when you aim to kick high.
    ——————–

Big cruise liner just slinking across the harbor, lights on in the rainy windy post-dawn.

103. bespoke

‘Total vindication for Trump and his staff’: CNN and MSNBC have officially surrendered

As the nation begins to digest the Mueller report, which says that Trump did not collude with Russia or commit a crime, it appears CNN is finally waving the white flag.

CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin says it is a complete victory and vindication of President Trump and his associates.

The vagicide is strong with this one.

Mutti Ardern in charge.
    Will she get a clitectomy in sympathy?

105. feelthebern

The US industrial/military complex has finally realised a way to prolong their time with snout in trough.
    Through their surrogates, they are now pushing that a cartel will soon takeover Monterrey.
    Which will align with Trumps wall plans.
    Devilishly evil & smart by the DOD.
    Remember, presidents come & go, but the deep state/DoD, is not going away.

Tell me again how good you are for the game, you leprous weasel.

Spot on.

107. feelthebern

Monterrey is in Mexico for geographically challenged Cats.

Get your delicious popcorn ready to munch to the sweet sound of wailing and gnashing of teeth from the usual suspects.

Mueller report summary released, showing no proof Trump team conspired with Russia

Attorney General William Barr on Sunday released the “principal conclusions” of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s completed Russia probe in a bombshell four-page letter to Capitol Hill lawmakers, which stated definitively that Mueller did not establish evidence that President Trump’s team or any associates of the Trump campaign had conspired with Russia — “despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.” … Although Mueller noted that his report was not an “exoneration” of Trump on obstruction, Barr wrote, the “report does not recommend any further indictments, nor did the Special Counsel obtain any sealed indictments that have yet to be made public.”

The lack of exoneration of Trump over obstruction is cute. How can you obstruct an investigation which has just found you didn’t do anything? Maybe Mueller thinks Trump fired Comey to stop him finding Trump was innocent.

109. Rabid Koala

The price of 3rd world immigration and you are racist for noticing

110. From Barr’s report –
    The Special Counsel states that “while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it does not exonerate him“.
    Fatty 5D* is still in the frame……

*Trump has a weight problem and was deferred from service in Vietnam 5 times.

111. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Maori or Odinist?

That excuse still wouldn’t get you admitted into a Japanese onsen bathhouse.
    All tattoos of any type are forbidden, as they are all declared to indicate gang membership.

112. Knuckle Dragger

LL,

Touche, sir.

A few years back I was listening to cricket on ABC Radio whilst slaving away doing something under the house. Kerry O’Keeffe was saying how crap this new batsman Kohli was, his technique was shit and he’d never play overseas for India ever again.

Love Skull like a brother, but geez that was a crap call if ever there was one.

Kohli – great bat, honours cows, good at computers, gracious and humble in victory or defeat.
    Warner – can bat, eats cows, can’t turn his phone on by himself, mouthy cheating gongbanger regardless of circumstance 24/7.

Thus mess husteria hes gone bullistuc in New Zulland, eh?

114. John Constantine

Their shortreich Announce that raising Medicare payments is a first fifty days thing for them.

Their shortopath is a listmaker.

First fifty days, first hundred days, first to be purged.

Lists for all of them.

Comrades.

I see spud-peeler is still paddling his barbed wire canoe up the MeKong.

116. Twostix

Fatty 5D* is still in the frame……

Republican presidencies always have the left at peak Crackpot conspiracy theorist just befor tge end of the first term.

Under Bush it was that BusHitler had inside knowledge of 9/11 and did nothing because Dick Cheney wanted Haliburton to invade Iraq.

That was mainstream.

This time it’s that the president of the US literally is a Russian spy.

Even though three investigations have now loudly said it’s childish and ridiculous.

117. Farmer Gez

Mark Kenny on Sky reckons most people can see prima facie obstruction of justice going on as a matter of course in the way the President has conducted himself.
    It’s not prima facie that Mark Kenny is an idiot; that is proven.

Victoria Police state that “while this report does not conclude that the Bill Shorten committed rape at the Young Labor camp, it does not exonerate him“.

119. Twostix

M0nty won’t be posting for awhile.

120. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Pauline Hanson should surely have a case against that despicable Koch creature.
    It’s all there on TV, the spittling rage, the aggro finger thrusting, the verbal abuse, the bulging eyes.
    Quite psychotic rage, imho, in public, in our living rooms on TV, a toxic male on display vs a female.

Why does he still have a job? Why is he not disciplined by his network? Where are the feminists?

121. John Constantine

Their turnbullites will purge livestock farming in Australia by 2030 in compliance with the economic genocide of the signed Paris conventions, but slowly over time.

Their shortreich will end livestock farming in a rush, beyond ever being salvaged. Live export to commence winding down immediately, with no investment rational in repairs and maintenance once the trade has its dynamite date announced.

For the power of the purges.

Comrades.

122. John Constantine

Their shortreich will immediately move to repay their big truck crony donors with safe trucks legislation to unionise and corporatise and diversity the independent owner driver industry.

Teamsters union Comrades.

123. Knuckle Dragger

That reminds me, Lizzie. I have a question:

If David Koch is such a hot shit financial advisor, why isn’t he entertaining the Norwegian women’s water polo team on the uber yacht he bought from Greg Norman in Kiribati or somewhere right now?

Instead he seems to be a professional beta male, getting up early and surrounding himself with middle aged frumps on morning TV and furiously agreeing with every halfwitted notion emanating from their lippy-smeared cakeholes. What sort of existence is that for one of the great minds of our time?

124. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

you are racist for noticing

S’ok, RK, I know that’s tongue in cheek and making a good point too.

It wasn’t though on Saturday when some loon in the queue called me a racist for handing out How-to-Vote forms for the Australian Conservatives.

I don’t think he will be doing that again anytime soon. 😀

125. Twostix

Reality is simple:

The last democrat admiustration gave a nudge and wink to partisans in the FBI to spy on theit rival’s campaign and report back.

The FBI goons needed a reason, the democrats provided a fake dirt file they produced with the help of the Russian FSB saying Trump was a Russian spy (lol tgese people).

Everything since has been to prevent that simple grotty poltical corruption from escaping

Always nice to set up a rake and have Numbers walk right into it three minutes later.
    More popcorn!

127. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

What sort of existence is that for one of the great minds of our time?

Social Justice is what I’d call it. 🙂

128. John Constantine

The internet of things will allow remote monitoring of proles privately-owned gunsafes in private homes.

The legal ones only of course.

Shortreich Skynet can remotely lock your gunsafe if artificial intelligence detects a home invasion is occurring, so illegal self defence does not result in the wrong sort of voter becoming shot.

Comrades.

129. Twostix

Trump had better go to town on the entire washington establishment with a baseball bat now.

Call in the Red Hats Donald.

130. OldOzzie

Thanks Tom

for todays cartoons – Ben Garrison a winner

and in today’s The Australian

Johannes Leak – hope you like it

131. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Speaking of psychoses – where’s Stimpy?
    I hope he is OK and not going through a bad time again.
    As he’s often told us, true ongoing psychosis is no joke.

Thinking of you, Stimps. Stay strong. Think ‘ordinary’. This will pass.

132. Knuckle Dragger

‘(Trump) is still in the frame’

Take your time.

What? Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over the sound of someone slurping all over your kitchen windows.

133. Twostix

Imagine the degeneracy of backing a mob mentality witchhunt against a person, the witchfinder general himself declaring the person innocent….then saying “that maybe the case but he’s still guilty because he should have helped us to find him guilty”

134. OldOzzie

The Australian Editorial

Putting collusion claims to rest

The full details of special counsel Robert Mueller’s long-awaited report on alleged Russian collusion by Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign have yet to emerge. But indications Mr Mueller has found no reason to recommend further indictments should come as a relief to the President and his circle of close advisers, including members of his immediate family. Once released and studied, the report also should provide an opportunity for both sides of US politics to draw a line under the issue of uncorroborated charges of collusion that have dogged the White House for more than two years.

As Democrats prepare for the US presidential election next year, backed by their hyperventilating, Mr Trump-hating media allies, they will do neither themselves nor the US any good if they persist in seeking to make political capital out of the issue. They should learn from the negative public reaction when Democrat house Speaker Nancy Pelosi tried to embarrass Mr Trump in January by interfering with the date of his state of the union address.

For its part, the administration must ensure full details of the Mueller report are published. From the outset, Mr Trump has derided allegations of Russian collusion by his campaign as “the single greatest witch-hunt of a politician in American history” based on “fake news”.

While the public has grown tired of the pursuit of Mr Trump without solid evidence to back the charges, Attorney-General William Barr must ensure there is the maximum transparency as regards the report’s release. Anything less would play into hands of Trump critics who have spent two years suggesting, ludicrously, that Mr Trump might be an agent of the Kremlin.

The US deserves deliverance from the ruinous politics of the 2016 campaign that still sees some Democrats refusing to accept the legitimacy of Mr Trump’s win, claiming it was achieved only as a result of help from Russian dirty tricks. US interests, and those of its allies, are ill-served when the credentials of the leader of the free world are undermined.

Throughout Mr Mueller’s protracted investigation, Mr Trump, to his credit, declined the advice of those arguing he should intervene to halt the probe. Instead, as Mr Barr emphasised in a note to the US congress following delivery of the report, “there were no” instances when Justice Department officials overruled or otherwise sought to interfere in Mr Mueller’s investigative plans. That should help give the lie to claims of a cover-up.

135. 1735099

You must have been watching a different interview, Lizzie.
    Koch did not exhibit any of those behaviours.
    However, I’ve routinely observed those tics in Hanson.
    That woman is a pimple on the arse of Australian politics, and remember – she was once endorsed by the Liberal party.
    Latham was a Labor leader of the opposition. Neither have any convictions that are discernible, but they both enjoy senatorial leather and the taxpayer funded perks that go with it.
    They deserve each other.

136. Boambee John

*Trump has a weight problem and was deferred from service in Vietnam 5 times.

What was that psychological issue that Numbers referred to the other day, about throwing irrelevant matters into the conversation, without any reason to do so?

Seems that Numbers might be a sufferer.

137. dover_beach

This will be the line used when Pell’s conviction is quashed on appeal.

WTF is that creature doing on Sky? Did someone in management decide Sky had too much credibility and must find a spot for one of the ABC’s favourite Trump-deranged talking heads from the smoking ruins of Fakefacts?

FMD. Leftism destroys media businesses.

139. Knuckle Dragger

Not very nice, Numbers.

Maybe you’d be a bit more conciliatory if Hanson had toured Viet Cong staging areas on a morale raising concert tour.

Thanks for the Leak, OldOzzie. I didn’t even look as he normally stands in for Kudelka in Tuesday’s Paywallian.

141. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

J. Leak is very good today, thanks OldOzzie.

What I think did Daley in the most was the Sky Forum with Gladys. He totally floundered.

During my minimal school attendances I was selected for the school junior debating team. You always knew you were in for it when you had as the second speaker against your team a girly swot offering the facts and figures of the case. In the whip position I had to rouse myself to levels of wit previously unseen to counter such dogged knowledge. Poor old Daley was in the sad position of being a second speaker clearly absent from his turf.

142. feelthebern

The Matt Taibbi piece give the most brutal assessment of Russia-gate.

Just like “The Big Short” by Michael Lewis became the go-to read re the GFC, this column will become the go-to read for the last two years of Russia-gate.
    Taibbi is one of the most far left punters you will find.
    But this chapter of his stack is one the best summaries you will read.
    I can not see any “journo” or commentator in Oz writing anything near this quality.
    The only thing that Taibbi leaves out is Downer & London.

143. bespoke

The only reason 1735099 ends with some low rent talking point is 1/ it shifts criticism from his main point and 2/ because it works.

The “secret” that everyone knew. No wonder they pedalled so hard.

What happens now?

145. Cardimona

Pommy-chick reporter on Sky making shit up out of whole cloth re the Mueller nothingburger.
    Claims Wussia-Twump collusion investigation started waaay before the Steele dossier.
    It must be worse than they thought….

I watched the interview and I commented here at the time.

Koch and Hinch ambused Hanson and then proceeded to shout over her. She tried to speak, but they would not let her. It was an utter disgrace.

But do pretend it was all okay. Because the “side”, whatever that might be in this case, is all that matters.

ambushed

But “ambused” works too. Muddy!

Ambused – inviting a political opponent for an interview with the intent of abusing them

148. Eyrie

1. I hope the Americans lock up the Sudanese savage for a long time. We don’t need her here.

2.“Fraser Anning’s despicable claim that the Christchurch victims had it coming because they were Muslims underscores why our party is needed.”

Lyle Shelton, March 2019

Which isn’t what Fraser Anning said. I told Shelton to stop sending me AC propaganda after that and the fvckwit Bernardi chose to engage me in a little email interchange last week which he started. I’ll ask him today how his post political career planning is going.

Shelton is also a fvckwit.

3. Great to see you back, MV.

149. Could you explain what he’s in the frame for, spastic herder, and more importantly WHO has him in this frame of yours?

I was taught as a kid that you can tell the quality of an individual by the company he keeps.
    Trump has “kept company” with the following crew –

George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, was arrested in July 2017 and pleaded guilty in October 2017 to making false statements to the FBI. He got a 14-day sentence.

Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted on a total of 25 different counts by Mueller’s team. He was sentenced to a combined seven and a half years in prison.

Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was indicted on similar charges to Manafort. But in February 2018 he agreed to a plea deal with Mueller’s team, pleading guilty to just one false statements charge and one conspiracy charge.

Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty in December 2017 to making false statements to the FBI.

Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller. He was sentenced to 6 months in prison and 6 months of home detention in October 2018.

Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates and another unnamed person based in Ukraine. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and has completed his sentence.

Konstantin Kilimnik: This longtime business associate of Manafort and Gates, who’s currently based in Russia, was charged alongside Manafort with attempting to obstruct justice by tampering with witnesses in Manafort’s pending case last year.

12 Russian GRU officers: These officers of Russia’s military intelligence service were charged with crimes related to the hacking and leaking of leading Democrats’ emails in 2016.

Michael Cohen: In August 2018, Trump’s former lawyer pleaded guilty to 8 counts —
    Roger Stone: In January 2019, Mueller indicted longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone on 7 counts. He accused Stone of lying to the House Intelligence Committee about his efforts to get in touch with WikiLeaks during the campaign, and tampering with a witness who could have debunked his story.
    Sam Patten. This Republican operative and lobbyist pleaded guilty to not registering as a foreign agent with his work for Ukrainian political bigwigs, and agreed to cooperate with the government.

Fatty 5* is either a total incompetent when it comes to choosing associates, or he is a crook.

My money’s on the latter.

He’s in the frame for consistent criminal conduct all his life, but now he has congress and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York on his tail.
    This isn’t over by a long shot.
    It’s just the end of the beginning.

150. bespoke

1735099
    #2969308, posted on March 25, 2019 at 8:05 am

Oh! please this tactic is so transparent.

151. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

You must have been watching a different interview, Lizzie.
    Koch did not exhibit any of those behaviours.

Umm. Eyes wide shut, Numbers?
    This response really does make me doubt your professional capacity to assess behavioural anomalies and abnormalities in children if you do so poorly with comprehending an aggressive rage-response in adult behaviour. I don’t have a clip of the program, but if anyone has then let’s see it in full frothing and pointing stabbiness.

152. feelthebern

numbers theme song.

153. bespoke

Cheep tricks like balding don’t work 1735099.

154. bespoke

And only balding Tramp highlights your derangement, 1735099. Like monty your only statementing peoples resolve.

YOU all know it but its worth repeating: numbers/sniffy/dickhead is a creep.

In other news: why women should not have been given the vote:

‘It Is Not Okay For Women To Have Babies’: Meet the angelic initiative.

156. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

With a similarly intensive forensic eye on Hillary a similar but much longer list of much closer ‘associates’ in various forms of legal troubles could be drawn up. The Clinton Foundation activities would be an interesting read with a more direct connection to illegalities than anything Trump can be accused of having.

Guilt by association though, often tangential, is not guilt, as you well know, Numbers. In political life, various forms of association come with the territory, for all players. It’s teasing out the significant and meaningful ones that separates the forensic sheep from the goats. They haven’t managed to lay a single glove on Trump. So come on down, Hillary. Let’s see it all.

157. mh

Flicked over to ABC radio after about one minute of the Parrot. ABC News reported that Mueller concluded that their was zero evidence of collusion with Russia in relation to Trump or any of the Trump team. Mueller also concluded that there was very little to indicate any obstruction of justice either.

Our national broadcaster now needs to immediately terminate its show Planet America.

Sack Zoe Daniel.

Apologise to the nation.

Senior staff at the ABC should also consider killing themselves.

158. Herodotus

There’s been quite a bit of rain in Sydney lately. Yesterday they forecast 5ml. Today I reckon we’ve had that by breakfast time. Five mils became Five Bells. Thanks Mr. Slessor.
    Your angers too; they had been leeched away
    By the soft archery of summer rains
    And the sponge-paws of wetness, the slow damp
    That stuck the leaves of living, snailed the mind,
    And showed your bones, that had been sharp with rage,
    The sodden ectasies of rectitude.

159. Baldrick

Numbers and m0nty aren’t the only one’s pushed to the edge …

James Comey ✔ @Comey
    So many questions.
    7:30am · 25 Mar 2019

160. Twostix

The left will go all Code Pink 9/11 AS AN INSIDE JOB! on Trump now.

He’ll walk in the next election.

feelthebern
    #2969316, posted on March 25, 2019 at 8:16 am

Thank you.

That is what concerns him most.
    He isn’t going to try to expand the party with a “crash through or crash” approach because, well, he might crash.
    He loves Comcar leather as much as any of them.

163. OldOzzie

Humiliating defeat exposes Labor’s policies exhaustion

Nick Cater

Spare a thought for Craig Elliot, the hapless Labor bunny standing for Tweed who must return to the burrow from whence he came.

His fate in what was thought to be a winnable seat in the state election serves to illustrate the unimaginative and tedious campaign that condemned NSW Labor to its longest period in opposition since 1910.

Four years ago, Labor tried to win the seat by promising a $211 million upgrade of Tweed Hospital. Geoff Provest was returned comfortably with a primary vote margin of 11 per cent.

This time Labor decided to pick a fight on hospitals again, a brave move since the government set aside $573m two years ago for a new hospital at Kingscliff.

Elliot griped it was in the wrong place. “This election will be a referendum on where they get their hospital delivered,” he declared, a matter of hours before counting confirmed Provest would again return to Macquarie Street. Yesterday, with absentee and postal votes still to be counted, Provest’s primary vote margin was 15 per cent.

The cry for better schools and hospitals, recited like a sacred utterance by budding Labor premiers for decades, was never going to make Michael Daley premier. How could it, when the Coalition has spent or committed $18 billion to health?

The NSW government spends more per person on the day-to-day running of hospitals than its Labor counterpart in Victoria. A patient reporting to an emergency department in NSW has an 80 per cent chance of being attended to on time, compared with 71 per cent under the socialists south of the border.

The Coalition government insulated itself on education when it became the first state to sign up for Julia Gillard’s Gonski funding deal.

Labor’s policy exhaustion was on display in the NSW election as it faced the most accomplished state government of the modern era. You have to look back to the days of Playford, Askin, Bolte, Court and Bjelke-Petersen to find state administrations on the centre-right with such manifest achievements. It may be too early to add the name Gladys Berejiklian to that distinguished list, but it is tempting after her victory on Saturday. However close the count, Berejiklian has been returned with a moral and intellectual landslide from which NSW Labor will not easily recover.

Fixed four-year terms condemn Labor to at least 12 years in the wilderness. Let’s hope for the sake of a healthy contest that the party finds a leader with a little more imagination and humility than Daley showed on Saturday night when he struggled to grasp the magnitude of his defeat.

Berejiklian’s victory, in substance and in style, repudiates almost every idea the Centre Left has adopted in the past 10 years. It has destroyed Labor’s assumed advantage in service delivery and highlighted the shallowness of the party’s pet progressive causes.

Under the rules of identity politics, Berejiklian should have spent Saturday night trapped under the jackboot of patriarchal oppression staring up with a broken heart at the glass ceiling. Instead she found herself on the podium at the Sofitel reflecting on her good fortune at being elected to office in “a state in which someone with a long surname, and a woman, can be the premier”.

The Liberals’ infrastructure program, made possible by a strong economy and the shrewd sale of government assets, is widening the arteries of economic growth, equipping NSW to continue to be the engine room of the national economy.

In an ominous sign for the federal election, Saturday’s result shows the Liberal Party as firmly in control of western Sydney as it was in the 1990s when John Howard’s battlers turned in their droves away from Labor.

Labor’s petulant campaign against the decision to rebuild the Allianz and ANZ stadiums barely registered in the heartland of rugby league. Nor did the campaign for the right to carry on drinking in licensed premises until dawn that was supposed to have energised the Twitter vote. Paul Murray, Sky News’ No 1 West Tigers fan, summarised succinctly: “Twitter? You can stick it up your jumper. No one cares about stadiums and no one cares about lock-out laws.”

Labor’s campaign against road tolls in seats such as Penrith hardly seemed to register. Perhaps the Westies have factored in the rewards of bypassing 22 sets of lights on the truck-choked, pot-holed, passageway of pain Sydneysiders refer to as Parramatta Road.

Berejiklian now gets to cut ribbons on the $89.7 billion worth of infrastructure commissioned during eight years of Liberal government.

She will be there next year to open the tunnel running 60m below northern Sydney that will open up a corridor between Newcastle and Melbourne without a single traffic light.

Berejiklian’s sotto voce on these projects before the election was in sharp contrast with Daniel Andrews, who spent tens of millions of dollars of taxpayers’ cash to boast of much lesser achievements.

Trumpet blowing is clearly something her government needs to practise. It needs to do so without destroying the diffident, understated charm that blesses Berejiklian with a rare authenticity.

It must do so, too, without losing the spirit that prompted Harold Holt to answer the critics who ask: “Where are the great memorials to all the years of Liberal rule?”

“My answer,” said Holt, “is that the nation itself, and the shape it is in, is the finest memorial of all.”

As a User of the NSW Hospital Care, let me attest to an amazing and excellent System – RNSH take a Bow – Liberals and Gladys are doing a Good Job

Numbers seems not to remember that Papadopoulos was only indited for process “crime” after being entrapped in a sting operation by the FBI using Halper as a seditious agent. That is called conspiracy. Papadopoulos could well bring down Hillary, Steele, Simpson and Downer when Barr starts chasing down the threads of treason.

One of the “crimes” Stone committed was to say to Beria Mueller “or” instead of “and”…

165. Boambee John

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #2969336, posted on March 25, 2019 at 8:40 am

Then one could add the extensive “Arkancide” list of suspicious deaths.

James Comey  @Comey
    So many questions.
    7:30am · 25 Mar 2019

Looks like he’s knocked over the Trivial Pursuit box again.

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account
    @realDonaldTrump
    1 hour ago
    No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

168. bespoke

cohenite (angelic initiative)

Someone posted a manifesto with the same concerns not long ago.

169. Twostix

The Australian’s bugman effort of conciliation with Trump is rejected.

Let us see the alteady written editorial prepared for if the reort was less than 10/10 A+++.

No they feel like the Russia fakery has done its job and crushed the momentum of the Trump presidency, that is why they are suddenly so concilatory.

(Plus Trump nw has the moral right to start banning newspapers as agents of foreign enemies).

170. feelthebern

Most of numbers cut’n’paste is addressed by Matt Taibbi.
    Post Matt Taibbi & Glenn Greenwald saying “I told you so”, they now are being attacked as partisan hacks.

What a time to be alive.
    Far left anarchist (Taibbi) & the guy who broke the Snowden story (Greenwald) are being called right wing puppets today.

171. Twostix

Let us indeed see the part of the report that deals with th interactions between top level UK / AU / NZ beuracrats and the FBI and the Russian stooge clinton campaign.

172. Trump –

Barr’s letter – (His own appointed AG) –

Dissonance – or simply spin?

173. dover_beach

But, but, there is the Southern District of the US A-G’s office. Oh no no no…

Guess How Much AOC Owes In Corporate Back Taxes

Democrats’ favorite progressive, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), owes back taxes for a failed business venture. According to the New York Post, Ocasio-Cortez owes $1,877.56 in unpaid corporate taxes. Here’s the kicker: the bill is from six years ago.

AOC’s failed business, Brook Avenue Press, was established to publish books about inner city kids. This is the business that owes state taxes. Rather ironic for a Congresswoman who advocates for taxing the rich, right?

On July 6, 2017, two months after Ocasio-Cortez announced her intent to run for Congress, New York State filed a warrant, The Post reported.

Brook Avenue Press eventually dissolved in October 2016, something that typically happens when a business fails to pay corporate taxes or file a tax return.

LOL. Numbers took the bait. I love how Trump capitalised “EXONERATION”. This will keep the MSM yapping for the rest of the week! Pavlov was an amateur.

Piss off numbers you grub.

177. Old School Conservative

What else in a tattoo could possibly be construed as right wing

I saw one on a well built young man that took up all of his huge calf muscle.
    A coloured tattoo of Australia with the words “Fuck off we’re full”.
    With correct spelling.

178. Snoopy

VicPol didn’t exonerate Bill Shorten.

If a shooter pulls out a weapon and opens fire, he may kill someone, but he’s often soon met with armed resistance. Usually, he’s killed or incapacitated long before he gets the chance to kill enough people for the event to be considered a mass shooting.

Hammond argues that if one of the people in the mosque–or, arguably, the street outside the mosque–had been armed, the situation would have ended very differently.

He’s correct. It would have.

New Zealand’s supposedly lax gun laws didn’t allow for civilians carrying guns. There were no provisions that allowed those worshippers to be armed.

Instead, the law made them sheep to the slaughter. Almost literally.

180. Diogenes

Not quite true.
    There are still 12 sets of lights at Coffs Harbour – won’t see that little ball of wax fixed until well after 2020 (they are still consulting with the community).

There are the lights through Heatherbrae all the way to new ones at very northern end of the M1 @ Hexham that have just replaced the roundabout. I am told the Hexham bypass is in the planning stage, but nothing on the website, and that the preferred route is straight across the wetland swamp very close to, or on top of the route of the old J&A Brown Railway from Minmi. Given that is a swamp wetland this is unlikely to be actually built to the presence of the endangered (insert name of frog/weed/mosquito) & I predict the bypass will be in a large arc from the end of the current M1 through Metford, passing close to Morpeth then on to the Raymond Terrace Bypass.

That said, getting the trucks of Pennant Hills Road will be a massive boon

181. Anthony

Let’s see if I’ve got this right: Trump cleared without any doubt of the ‘crime’ of collusion, but he is guilty of obstructing justice inasmuch as he refused to accept that it is possible to obstruct justice with reference to a non-existent crime. Don’t think that is going to run very far.

182. bespoke

The quickest way to utterly destroy a personal legacy is to become a petty low level troll. Congrats 1735099 this is what you’ll be known for in the end.

183. Arky

No other President could have survived such a minute scrutiny of his dealings. Scrutiny that caught out quite others.
    I may have to completely rethink my view of Trump.
    maybe there isn’t the whiff of a huckster about him.
    He could be the most saintly man to ever run for office.
    Maybe the marital infidelities are bullshit too.
    Either that, or he is the greatest criminal mastermind in history.

184. Mater

Old School Conservative
    #2969362, posted on March 25, 2019 at 9:03 am

What else in a tattoo could possibly be construed as right wing

I saw one on a well built young man that took up all of his huge calf muscle.
    A coloured tattoo of Australia with the words “Fuck off we’re full”.

Again, we are falling for the modern narrative.
    I’d fully expect to see this on a CFMEU Union rep.

185. candy

I thimk David Koch said about Pauline Hanson something like she “deserved” his rage because of her policies.

She should not be interviewed by him again. A man with certain issues.

186. Baldrick

Leftards are now reduced to running around hand-wringing and yelling, “The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence,” which might work in a scientific experiment but has no standing in law.

187. Arky

You have to choose:
    Trump: Super villain mastermind or saint.

188. Mother Lode

Thanks for the Nick Cater article, Old Ozzie.

Those new tunnels will make an astounding difference.

I used to live in Balgowlah and used to dread driving over the Spit – morning and evening. I now live in Mosman and the volume of traffic choking up Military Rd and Spit Rd is still a nuisance.

But I had not realised they were also doing a tunnel linking the M4 to North Sydney.

Then this:

It will be sweet.

189. OldOzzie

Mueller report into collusion a stunning victory for Donald Trump

Cameron Stewart

The report of Special Counsel Robert Mueller is a stunning victory for Donald Trump and a huge rebuff to the overblown hopes of Democrats that it would be a game-changer for his presidency.

The summary of the Mueller report issued today by Attorney General William Barr clears the president and his aides of any collusion with Russia and says there is no legal case so support obstruction of justice charges against him.

For the president could hardly have hoped for a greater vindication. Even thought Mueller hedged his bets on the question of obstruction of justice by declining to exonerate the president, the fact that he did not recommended charges is also an important win for Trump.

It is a devastating defeat for the Democrats and for much of the US media who had hoped, prayed and frankly expected that Mueller would somehow find a silver bullet to end or at least cripple Trump’s presidency.

The fact that Mueller did not find such evidence is a failure of their expectations, rather than any shortcomings by Mueller who appears to have been the lone person in this whole affair to have conducted himself with professional dignity.

The Democrats invested far too much hope in the snippets of anecdotes which they — aided by liberal networks like CNN and MSNBC — conflated into what they said were obvious examples of collusion and obstruction.

These include the written notes of former FBI chief James Comey about his alleged interactions with Trump and also the so-called Trump Tower meeting between Trump family and aides and a Russian lawyer to hear dirt about Hillary Clinton.

Taken in isolation, these issues raised fair questions for sober investigation by Mueller but Trump’s opponents were too quick to add two and two and come up with six.

We will learn more about the report as more of it is released in the weeks ahead, but there are three big takeaway from Barr’s summary.

Firstly Mueller found Russia was actively and comprehensively trying to interfere in the 2016 US election. Russia wanted Trump to win and Hillary Clinton to lose. This is no surprise, but Mueller’s work has exposed the Russian groups that carried it out and issued several dozen indictments against those people involved. US national security is better off for this aspect of Mueller‘s investigation.

Secondly, and crucially, Mueller found that neither Trump and his team aided or co-operated with this criminal effort by Moscow. This supports the public evidence that was available and ends speculation that there was other evidence out of the public view which Mueller would somehow find.

Thirdly, Mueller draws no conclusions on the issue of obstruction of justice, saying he did not find enough evidence to sustain such a charge but specifically adding that he did not exonerate Trump. Barr has examined Mueller’s evidence and says the Justice Department will not pursue charges.

This non-decision by Mueller on obstruction will anger Democrats but it appears to be a fair call given the duelling nature of the evidence he was faced with. The obstruction of justice claims stemmed largely from Trump’s dealings with former FBI chief James Comey. For example Comey alleges that Trump tried to wrongly pressure him to stop the FBI’s probe into former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn. But Trump denies the conversation. In the absence of further conclusive proof about both the exchange and the president’s intent, Mueller had little choice but to take no action.

Similarly Trump’s decision to sack Comey at the time that the FBI was heading up the Russia investigation presented a dilemma for Mueller. Trump admitted in an interview afterwards that the Russia issue was on his mind when he sacked Comey, but mostly Trump in public stuck with the official reason that his sacking was linked to his handling on the Clinton email scandal.

In the absence of further evidence, it would appear impossible for Mueller to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump was ‘acting with corrupt intent’ in sacking Comey.

The bottom line of this report is that it provides the Democrats with no reasonable grounds to impeach the president. Trump’s future will almost certainly be decided at the ballot box in 2020 and his prospects are now much better than they were yesterday.

Cameron Stewart is also US Contributor for Sky News Australia

190. Shy Ted

The ABC has never been so watchable. Couch to couch misery on Insiders yesterday. Same thing this morning on 24. Zoe Daniel “but, but, but…” It’s like having several comedy channels. Makes me laugh anyway. Although the official ABC comedy channel, 22, doesn’t make the grade.

191. Old School Conservative

feelthebern
    #2969273, posted on March 25, 2019 at 7:31 am
    Monterrey is in Mexico for geographically challenged Cats.

Thanks for clarifying my confusion with Monterey, near Pebble Beach and Carmel, California.
    Was wondering how the US army would stack up against Clint Eastwood.

192. OldOzzie

from someone who had tended to be Anti-Trump, a fairly postive take by Cameron Stewart of The Australian above.

193. Mother Lode

Is Maxine Waters still going on about impeachment?

I frenetic malign mouthy beast like that should (I would expect) to be able to instantly pivot to another reason for impeachment without having to pause for another breath.

194. Oh come on

New spin on Mueller report: it didn’t exonerate Trump!

Mueller and his team are prosecutors. When they investigate, they do so in order to prosecute. Exonerating isn’t within their remit. If it were they’d be known as exonerators. The clue’s in the job title. Duh.

195. Leo G

The Special Council doesn’t have the power to make such a conclusion- that judgment is for a criminal court. Trump is exonerated to the extent that the report does not refer him for criminal prosecution.
    Barr’s comment does suggest dissonance- but he may have been refering to the wider burden of accusations in the media and the parliament and courts, to the accusations against his associates, and to the effect of several convictions of Trump associates.
    Trump can’t be exonerated in that wider sense unless his false accusers are prosecuted and proper judgments made against them.

196. Elle

Imagine if Andrew Bolt and, say, Cory Bernardi attacked the likes of Penny Wong or Sarah Hanson-Young like David Koch and Derryn Hinch attacked Pauline Hanson.
    They wouldn’t because they are gentlemen, but there would be cries of misogyny and bullying by the usual suspects.

197. OldOzzie

Trust an academic to be so foolish

BELLA d’ABRERA

Former University of Sydney lecturer Nick Riemer.

Last month the University of Sydney sacked a lecturer in politics who showed his class a swastika superimposed over the flag of ­Israel. Last week another Univer­sity of Sydney academic, English lecturer Nick Riemer, had published in The Sydney Morning ­Herald an article that succeeded in being offensive, insensitive and hypocritical. ­Riemer managed to display publicly the deep sickness that pervades so many parts of our universities.

Had the author of “After Christchurch universities have a responsibility: abandon Ramsay” been other than a Sydney University academic, it is doubtful the Herald would have published. To paraphrase George Orwell, there are some things so foolish that they could have been written only by a member of the intelligentsia.

Riemer argued that in the wake of the Christchurch massacre, the university should not collaborate with the Ramsay Centre for Western Civilisation because Ramsay sought to teach Western culture as a “coherent whole”. He wrote: “There is a clear analogy between thinking that European books ­belong together and thinking that European people do too.”

According to Riemer, teaching Plato, Shakespeare and Virgil in a “single, unified program of study”, as Ramsay would do, “represents a separatist cultural essentialism that, after Christchurch, should be deeply alarming”.

“If society is to escape from the murderous civilisational hatred displayed on Friday in Christchurch — to say nothing of the West’s longstanding, far more deadly military campaigns against the Muslim world — universities simply must stop legitimising this kind of thinking.”

In an effort to bolster his case against it, Riemer transcends the bounds of decency when he claims “Ramsay’s academic supporters should pay attention” to the words of the alleged murderer and they should “reflect seriously on how the Ramsay curriculum validates the world view behind (the) massacre”.

Riemer has the right to freedom of speech and to be deeply offensive. Presumably some people also would add that the price of living in a free society is that taxpayers fund the salaries of people such as Riemer so that he can say what he wants.

But while Riemer is entitled to criticise Western civilisation, he is a hypocrite to then maintain that students at his university not be able to enrol in the Ramsay course. The idea that you should be free to criticise the concept of Western civilisation is one of its essential legacies. However, if ­Riemer had his way, no student would ever find this out.

Riemer is proposing that no one should actually study the thing that he is criticising.

The irony is, of course, that ­Riemer is able to enjoy his academic position, as well as the freedom to criticise Western civilisation, only because of the civilisation that he so despises. He is a direct beneficiary of its ideals.

Riemer’s entire argument is based on the freedoms afforded to us by Western civilisation. Not once does he mention the freedoms that it has given the world. Not once does he mention that the victims at Christchurch were free to worship because they live in a Western society, which is characterised by religious toleration. His intolerance is utterly opposed to the values of a civilisation that has given us the uni­versal values of respect for the individual, equality of men and women under the law, the abolition of slavery and freedom of speech.

Unfortunately, his view is not singular. Rather, the commonly held notion in Western academe is that Western civilisation is ­responsible for all evils in the world, past, present and future. Any individual who is deemed to be “in favour” of it is now seen as white supremacist. This view is shared by elements of the media.

A few days ago it was ­announced that the University of Cambridge had withdrawn its offer of a visiting fellowship to Canadian psychologist and best-selling author Jordan Peterson. A spokesman for the university said: “(Cambridge) is an inclusive environment and we expect all our staff and visitors to uphold our principles. There is no place here for anyone who cannot.”

Apparently Cambridge university staff are inclusive of all opinions except those with which they disagree.

Peterson’s rejection by Cambridge is a damning indictment on the state of academe in the West, which is full to the brim of self-loathing. It appears that academics are determined to do their utmost to exclude reason, inquiry and philosophical openness from their respective institutions.

In these academic circles, identity politics is pre-eminent. Every subject must be considered through the narrow, limited and unimaginative lens of class, race and gender, otherwise it is deemed valueless. As British writer Brendan O’Neill commented: “To read the killer’s alleged manifesto, as currently being covered by CNN, The New York Times and others, is to gain a horrible glimpse into the cultural fragmentation and racial paranoia unleashed by the relentless rise of identitarianism.”

Western civilisation gave birth to both the concept of the individual and the idea that we all share a common humanity.

One of the best expressions of that common humanity is found in Shylock’s speech in The Merchant of Venice: “Hath not a J#w hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?”

Shakespeare is included in the Ramsay Centre’s curriculum. It would be a tragedy indeed if, on account of the likes of Riemer, ­students were to be denied the ­opportunity to learn how Western civilisation gave us Shakespeare, Plato and Virgil.

Bella d’Abrera is the director of the Foundations of Civilisation Program at the Institute of Public Affairs.

Does the writer really want mosques bristling with guns?

199. Instead, the law made them sheep to the slaughter. Almost literally.

Absolute rubbish.

Freeing up access to weapons simply increases the rate and frequency of these slaughters.
    Why do you think the USA has at least one mass shooting occurring every 64 days since 2011?

200. Eyrie

“Does the writer really want mosques bristling with guns?:
    No mosques is a better option.

201. Knuckle Dragger

Here’s an idea for you, spastic herder.

Fill a drinking glass almost to the brim, but not quite, with your salty communist loser victim failure tears.

Pour into a shallow tray, and leave it in the sun until the water has evaporated, leaving salt. Scrape the salt from the tray.

Make a peanut butter sandwich. Sprinkle the salt on the sandwich. Eat the sandwich.

TASTE YOUR FAILURE.

TASTE IT.

It will be sweet.

Sure will. The Pennant Hills Road carpark is a bad joke.

Labor hated anyone north of the harbour all the way out to Richmond. They neglected and then punished.

Not forgotten.

203. Mother Lode

I still don’t get this.

Why would the Russians want Trump to win. They would want America weaker rather than stronger, and the shambling twitching addled organ-coughing tottering wrinkled blubber-filled skin-sack, who had shown herself already will to compromise American interests for a dollar or a headline, would be a perfect fit.

I suspect the Russians had no better information on the election than the American pundits. If they thought she was a shoo-in support for Trump might have been intended to do nothing more than to make Hillary’s victory less comprehensive and her position a little more precarious – a state that would keep her nervous, vacillating, easily panicked and desperate for help the Russians might be able to throw her way.

They didn’t want a strong Trump. They wanted a weak Hillary.

Well, that is how I see it.

204. OldOzzie

Here is a link to the 4 page letter we received from Attorney General Barr. Seems like the Department of Justice is putting matters squarely in Congress’ court. https://t.co/etLyqkoOwm https://t.co/jjZ1OLmz8D

— (((Rep. Nadler))) (@RepJerryNadler) March 24, 2019

205. Arky

What is the difference between “rate” and “frequency” in this sentence?

206. Arky

Also, the evidence is gun laws have no effect of the homicide rate.

It’s roooly roooly bad, Arky.

Hence the redundancy.

St Jacinta Adern has announced mandatory 14 year jail sentences for reading and/or passing on Tarrant’s left-wing manifesto.

209. struth

Good God, RK. Don’t let struth hear you say that.

We’ll be here all night.

I get what he was saying, KD.

He sounds like a good bloke, this koala bloke.
    I get that the people seeing a Nazi swastika would see it as right wing when it isn’t.

SNIFFY McCAN”TACCEPTFAILURE is putting ‘is widdle bottom lip out, because of the Mueller nothing burger.
    Trump (peace be upon him) is completely and utterly exonerated.

The fact is, that there was ever an investigation and fake dossier used to spy, now comes into play.
    Trump (peace be upon him) will be in no hurry, and others will do the wok for him now.

Trump has the swamp completely fucked.

I won’t be surprised if Hillary and a few others are behind bars, but a smart president will wait until after 2020 to do it.

210. Arky

It’s roooly roooly bad, Arky.
    Hence the redundancy.

He needs to pick, choose and select the one word he wants to mean “how often”.

211. Also, the evidence is gun laws have no effect of the homicide rate.

Well there you go.
    There’s a group of parents who once had children attending junior school at Sandy Hook who might have a different view.

St Jacinta Adern has announced mandatory 14 year jail sentences for reading and/or passing on Christchurch shooter’s left-wing manifesto.

213. MatrixTransform

‘it turned out it was traditional’

lol… tattoos rooned my concert experience, I want my money back … so I can spend it on an education.

retards

214. Arky

Emotional bullshit.
    Grow up.

215. Mother Lode

James Comey ✔ @Comey
    So many questions.
    7:30am · 25 Mar 2019

They had two years asking questions.

C.L.
    #2969410, posted on March 25, 2019 at 9:39 am

Will shooter be gagged in court?

217. bespoke

1735099
    #2969409, posted on March 25, 2019 at 9:39 am
    Well there you go.

More bones to the hill.

218. MatrixTransform

M0nty won’t be posting for awhile.

broken keyboard … tears and keyboards dont mix

219. Snoopy

I’ll bet Hillary’s liquor cabinet is getting a hammering.

220. Elle

Here’s the video, Lizzie.
    At 3:17 Koch goes cray cray.
    Link

FLASHBACK: DEMS, MEDIA PREDICT MUELLER PROBE RESULTS IN IMPEACHMENT, PRISON.

For a refresher on just how confidently these predictions were made, here are a few flashbacks.

In December 2017, MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski said the Trump Team might be going to jail “for the rest of their lives.”

In December 2018, CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked Delaware Sen. Coons — as he often does — if he thought Trump might be facing jail time. Sen. Coons said yes, “the issues outlined against both Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort, I think, continue to sharpen the ways in which it is clear that the Mueller investigation has produced a whole series of actions not previously exposed to the public.”

Democratic lawmakers were not immune from setting lofty expectations from the outcome of the investigation. In December 2018, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Trump could be the first president “to face the prospect of jail time.”

“My takeaway is there’s a very real prospect that on the day Donald Trump leaves office the Justice Department may indict him, that he may be the first president in quite some time to face the real prospect of jail time,” Rep. Schiff said. “We have been discussing the issue of pardons that the president may offer to people or dangle in front of people. The bigger pardon question may come down the road as the next president has to determine whether to pardon Donald Trump.”

In March 2017, Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) said the evidence he had already seen was enough proof of collusion he predicted prison sentences.

“My impression is after all of this is said and done that some people end up in jail,” he told CNN’s Blitzer. “My impression is that people will probably be charged and probably go to jail.”

In March 2018, ABC’s Joy Behar hopefully predicted of the Trump family: “I think they’re all going to end up together in prison and maybe that’s a good thing.”

Also a video montage at that link. Crack ho Maxine Waters especially hilarious.

Let the record also show what ridiculous twats are Woodward & Bernstein.

222. Elle

Actually, Koch’s cray cray builds.

223. Zatara

They all have a vote. And I’m sure they use it.

But their experiences don’t make their views any more worthy than anyone else’s. Unless of course you support government by feelings.

Because legislating by emotion has never been disastrous…

224. Oh come on

No time now but I’ll post m0nty quotes re Mueller through the day. There are some real doozies, to be sure.

Hahahahahahaha

James Comey ✔ @Comey
    So many questions.
    7:30am · 25 Mar 2019

Like, should I pack a regular toothbrush or an electric toothbrush when I go to jail.

Please please please don’t throw me into the briar patch make me declassify and release the whole report.

The Dems are their own worst enemy. They and the MSM have invested so much into this that they can’t now bury it. A big stinky albatross the size of Titan self-attached to their own necks.

227. Oh come on

James Comey ✔ @Comey
    So many questions.

Am I too pretty to survive jail?

228. Here’s the video, Lizzie.

Thank you.
    You’ll notice Koch uses his hands once.
    Hanson does the same on at least three occasions.
    Hinch does more hand waving than both of them.
    Best of it is verbal, for example when Koch correctly describes Hanson’s rantings about Muslims in Europe as “tripe”.
    Hanson avoids answering Hinch’s questions about why she chose and endorsed Anning. He should have asked her why she dumped him.

Diogenes

#2969365, posted on March 25, 2019 at 9:05 am

Not quite true.
    There are still 12 sets of lights at Coffs Harbour –

Breaking!
    Coffs Harbour has been moved 400 km north of Newcastle.

230. Mother Lode

Any day now. Aaaany daaaay…..

231. struth

The lesson that should be learned long and hard by this, is the left are completely rooted when they get a fight.
    This whole Mueller bullshit was concocted because basically they were still cock sure of themselves and their control of the swamp
    They shoot themselves in both feet due to their position being nothing but emotional power grabbing in the First place.
    A fought left is a beaten left.
    Shelton and Bernardi, you’re pathetic.