Open Forum: April 13, 2019

1,402 Responses to Open Forum: April 13, 2019

1. feelthebern

JC, I notice y0u are posting to a few Oz articles from yesterday.
    Is that because you were observing the Sabbath?
    & are only allowed to turn the pages today ?

2. bespoke

I think your onto something Stimps, name association plays a big roll in some people.

3. feelthebern

Campese was one the best wingers the Wallabies ever had.
    He also was one of the worst fullbacks the the Wallabies ever had.

4. None

Yes the double standards wre outstanding Mark A. I notice guys like Alan Jones and that tranny have both come out and said they don’t believe Israel Folau hates gays and actually I don’t believe he hates gays either. All he did was say that people will go to hell. Well whoopie do. I don’t see any drunks and adulterers and fornicators having a hissy fit. Why is it always the gays? And actually most gazer pretty ok about all that as well and couldn’t care less it’s only two or three media tarts and all the gay sycophanta. You know they’re all for getting it shoved up their arse – what’s a ruptured anus between Qantarse bedsheets – but say the word “hell” and they melt.

For instance, Lyle Shelton’s twitter feed is stacked with the most hate-filled Leftist bile you will ever see.

Yet nobody is calling for their employment to be terminated.

I wonder why?

6. feelthebern

I don’t see any drunks and adulterers and fornicators having a hissy fit.

The night is young…

7. Knuckle Dragger

The ex-Mrs KD used to be a Qantas hostie.

Apparently the demand for tampons amongst the male staff far exceeded that of the ladies.

Yeah, I know. It took me a minute or so to get it too.

I notice guys like Alan Jones and that tranny have both come out

I love Catallaxy.

None, you have a beautiful way with woids.

9. feelthebern

KD, that’s pretty ripe.
    & I’ve just eaten.

10. feelthebern

I was driving through Balmain this morning.
    I saw something that summed up the area completely.
    A larger lady, wearing active wear (or should I say, spilling out of active wear), crossing the road with a pizza.

11. Nick

Active wear and the Inner West, shudder.
    Bondi, on the other hand….

12. mh

Check out this pic of Trudeau with his Minister of Foreign Affairs (female)

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2987628, posted on April 14, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Still can’t see why he is attacked so viciously.

His name is Israel.
    They get blamed for everything.

Stimpy my friend, you have an acute antennae tuned into how people think.

I, not giving a crap about colour or religion, would never have thought of this aspect.

But word associations works every time, specially with low IQ peeps.

14. Stimpson J. Cat

None, can you please use some punctuation.

It’s very disrespectful to see such flagrant disregard for the English language on an Australian Economics website.

Just say paragraph, or next line, every now and then, please.

Also some spell checking wouldn’t hurt.

Thanks in advance,

Stimp.

15. zyconoclast

Going back for more…pizza

16. Infidel Tiger

None, please use a keyboard.

Your typing bitch obviously has English as a second language.

17. zyconoclast

heck out this pic of Trudeau with his Minister of Foreign Affairs (female)

Which one is Justine? All those costume changes are confusing.

18. bespoke

Stop picking on None.

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2987650, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:08 pm

Also some spell checking wouldn’t hurt.

Thanks in advance,

Wasting your time Stimpy, she said before “like it or lump it” ie. scroll.

Interestingly I can’t get my voice to text software working in any language correctly .

Having a severe cold probably not helping but it wasn’t working before either.

20. Stimpson J. Cat

But word associations works every time, specially with low IQ peeps.

Don’t worry so much about IQ.
    Everyone is the same when it comes to this stuff, whether smart or stupid.

Tom

#2987581, posted on April 14, 2019 at 5:26 pm

Despite having two premiership coaches (David Parkin and Robbie Walls) in the box with him, trying to coax him to success, Carlton’s clownshow kiddies development coach Brendan Bolton, who has never played league football in his life, has just lost another match by less than a goal …

Tom, I reckon their best six are as good as most, but it drops away pretty quickly.
    Is it time to bite the bullet and flick Daisy Thomas along with Bolton?
    The other bloke who is past his use-by IMHO is Luke Hodge of the Lanisters.

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2987657, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Don’t worry so much about IQ.
    Everyone is the same when it comes to this stuff, whether smart or stupid.

You’re probably right, it works better on high IQ types.

23. bespoke

I may change my name to Trump just so JC will call me God.

24. rickw

As bad as Simply Red were, nothing is as bad as UB40.

I saw UB40 in PNG, poolside at Airways Hotel, managed to negotiate getting in for free.

The week before it was Xibit at Lama Hotel. If you have a penchant for washed up bands and performers, POM is your town!

Leigh Lowe
    #2987659, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:17 pm

The other bloke who is past his use-by IMHO is Luke Hodge of the Lanisters.

My team, the Saints had and have the same problem, hanging onto relics who never were much chop to begin with.

26. feelthebern

Heard some turkey on the radio today saying Winx should be covered by Autumn Sun first up.

27. Stimpson J. Cat

Stop picking on None.

I’m positively encouraging her to lift her standard of public intercourse in the hope of raising the standard of public discourse.

Stop enabling her lack of growth.

28. MarA:
    This is the video from which I got the impression that Luftwaffe aircraft had lower octane rating fuel. However, the other stuff I quoted stated that 100+ octane rating was available for the high performance German engines from before the war.

29. Stimpson J. Cat

Trust me, I know people who talk to themselves all the time and it often doesn’t end well.

30. DrBeauGan

If None just read her posts before sending it would be a good start.

31. bespoke

Stop enabling

That would be 1/6 of the Cat’s discourse.

It’s like listening in on a family dinner conversation – a very large, funny, intelligent, iconoclastic family. Sometimes it’s cringeworthy, but mostly immensely entertaining. And informative.

Just keep the sharp objects to a minimum. Brass knuckles are much easier in the tidy up.

DrBeauGan
    #2987670, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:29 pm

If None just read her posts before sending it would be a good start.

Nahhh, she is too smart, reading her post first, she would reject them herself.

Only joining in laughing with you None.

34. Cassie of Sydney

None, your posts are great. We all make mistakes…sometimes after I post a comment and then read it and I gasp….as I realise I have forgotten a word or comma or something.

The following comment from None is the comment of the day….actually the comment of the week…

“You know they’re all for getting it shoved up their arse – what’s a ruptured anus between Qantarse bedsheets – but say the word “hell” and they melt.”

Love it. That’s what I call plain speaking……we need to speak freely whilst we can. None…don’t stop.

35. Overburdened

i Have been led to believe that fully franked divs have had the profit made taxed before I get my cut, therefore it would be double taxation if I got taxed for receiving the div.

Is this true.

36. God

I may change my name to Trump just so JC will call me God.

I’ve already skipped right past that middle step.

37. Stimpson J. Cat

That would be 1/6 of the Cat’s discourse.

This quoted figure is as realistic as my chance of being the next James Bond.

38. DrBeauGan

As an atheist I am outraged that Izzy has said on his Facebook page that I am destined for hell.

Just kidding.

Stop knocking None you lot*. No malice was intended in my comment. I just loved the association of ideas.

* channels the Missing M0nty

40. mh

Liberty Quote

— None

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2987681, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:39 pm

This quoted figure is as realistic as my chance of being the next James Bond.

You lazy basket, you never applied, despite our repeated requests.

If you’re not in it you can’t win !

42. bespoke

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2987681, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:39 pm
    That would be 1/6 of the Cat’s discourse.

This quoted figure is as realistic as my chance of being the next James Bond.

So what is it, more or less enabling?

43. Stimpson J. Cat

Look, I have successfully spent a portion of my life teaching Ethnic, Refugee, and Immigrant children how to successfully communicate in English.
    This is a very noble cause, and I am certain that I can help None achieve the same level of improvement and progress I helped all of them to achieve.
    We all win it we can understand each other better.

😁

I’m so wanting to generate a Forrest Gump meme, but I don’t know how.

And just like that
    Israel made Australians believe in hell

45. DrBeauGan

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2987681, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:39 pm
    That would be 1/6 of the Cat’s discourse.

This quoted figure is as realistic as my chance of being the next James Bond.

You’d fit in the rôle just fine, Stimpy. Along with the female James Bond and the black James Bond, why not a balding whacko James Bond?

For Cat sports fans who haven’t yet caught up with the news, the Masters final round has been turned upside down by the weather. Players will start hitting off in threesomes from 0730 US EDST (2130 tonight AEST), with the leaders hitting off at 0920 (2320 AEDT). So, if the weather doesn’t intervene (and I’m tipping it won’t), the winner should be known by around 0345 AEST. Worth staying awake for — one of the best leaderboards in Masters history. Go Tiger! The crowd roars for his birdies are spine-chilling — in one of the prettiest landscapes in the world (ask Calli).

47. Stimpson J. Cat

it

if

See, even I am constantly learning, and teaching myself how to improve.

Such a wonderful language.

48. Stimpson J. Cat

If you’re not in it you can’t win !

It wouldn’t be fair to become James Bond as a result of fulfilling some mental diversity quota.
    I would need to be recognized on my talent alone.

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2987694, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:48 pm

If you’re not in it you can’t win !

I would need to be recognized on my talent alone.

Just asked Miss Jane to bring up the application form on my screen, where does it require any quota?
    Diversity or otherwise.

You are looking for excuses.
    Sad and lazy, try harder!

Shorten dispenses another does of Mediscare

Richard Ferguson
    Reporter
    @RichAFerguson
    20 minutes ago April 14, 2019
    No Comments

Bill Shorten has amplified alarm over hospital funding by claiming Scott Morrison would cut more than $2 billion from health if he were re-elected.

The Labor leader today promised to restore $2.8bn in health funding to states promised by Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard.

Health Minister Greg Hunt swiftly accused the Opposition Leader of running “Mediscare 2.0”, citing record bulk-billing rates under the Coalition and a doubling of funding to hospitals by 2024-25.

Mr Shorten, surrounded by his shadow cabinet, today told more than 500 Labor supporters in the Liberal-held Sydney marginal seat of Reid that a vote for Mr Morrison would lead to more ­hospital cuts.

“The new figures recorded today reveal if the Liberals and ­Nationals win the election, they will cut $2.8bn from our public hospitals,” he told the crowd in inner-west Burwood. “After six years of cuts to health, the Medicare patient freeze, the cutbacks and the increased out-of-pockets to see the doctor, after six years of cuts.

“Now the news is that this time, unlike Tony Abbott’s cuts to hospitals, unlike the $715 million the current fellow cut from hospitals when he was the treasurer, this time the decision is in your hands.

“The one thing that every Australian can do to keep Medicare strong is vote for a Labor government on May 18.”

Labor claimed today that NSW had lost $854m, Victoria $635m and Queensland $631m in hospital funding when the ­Coalition abandoned a 50-50 funding agreement with the states.

Mr Hunt disputed the claims and said hospital funding had increased under the Coalition.

“Federal funding has increased for public hospitals from $13.3bn in 2012-13, to $23bn, $24bn, $25bn and $26bn over the course of this budget,” he said.

“By 2024-25, funding will have more than doubled to $29.1bn per annum under the new national hospitals agreement with the states and territories.

“Bill Shorten’s hospital proposal does not mean more money for hospitals,” Mr Hunt said.

Opposition finance spokesman Jim Chalmers refused to say whether Labor was pledging to adopt a 50-50 split of hospital funding with the states over the long term, or just temporarily provide a 50 per cent share by stumping up an additional $2.8bn. “That $2.8bn represents the difference of the 50 per cent Labor had agreed and the 45 per cent the Liberals have cut it back to,” he said.

Mr Shorten’s campaign rally was the third time he has visited the electorate of Reid.

The Labor leader used his first campaign speech to promise $50m to redevelop Concord Hospital, in the seat. He also ramped up his cancer care plan and promised to eliminate out-of-pocket expenses.

From the Oz. Bill Shorten’s trotting out Chloe and Clementine, already.

51. Pedro the Ignorant

Catching up on the goss.
    I note upthread that some bint was complaining about racists in the knitting supplies shop.

The SMH article quotes said bint as whinging about “bipocs” being treated badly by the little old ladies in the wool yarn department.

In between fits of giggling like a 15 y.o. schoolgirl over the visual images of a catfight in the wool shop, I asked Siri “What is a bipoc?” She was stumped.

Any Cats able to enlighten me?

max

#2987602, posted on April 14, 2019 at 5:54 pm

Some low standard AFL games this round. Last two nights were shockers. Too much short hand passing and absolutely pointless short foot passes.

The first halves of Footscray/Collingwood and North/Adelaide were atrocious.
    Unwatchable dross.
    The rule changes don’t seem to have done much to help.
    You’re right about short kicks and (ahem) short handballs (aka throws).
    Maybe the minimum kick distance needs to go from 15 metres to 25-30 metres.
    And perhaps handballs delivered when not being tackled have to be minimum 5 metres. These “on the up” close in handballs which travel 2 feet are invariably throws, where the player clenches his fist after the ball goes to disguise the throw/scoop.
    Much harder to disguise a five metre throw.

53. DrBeauGan

Any Cats able to enlighten me?

GIYF

54. Stimpson J. Cat

What is a bipoc?

Bipolar Caucasian Person.

Black and Indigenous Persons of Colour, Pedro.

And beware catfights in the yarn shop.

Many…many sharp weaponses.

56. Stimpson J. Cat

That reminds me, any fellow Catallaxy Bipolar Brethren got the “Lithium Letter” yet?

Only the real mentally ill crew know what I mean.

😁

Yea . I was kind of surprised by the attitude, Stimson. What did you think?

58. bespoke

If you want to identify a good white person here are some things to look for:

They are white.
    They think they understand the plights of BIPOCs (Black, Indigenous, people of color)
    They denounce wholesale racism (i.e. Make America Great Again hats are evil)
    They are good and they are white

59. Stimpson J. Cat

You are looking for excuses.
    Sad and lazy, try harder!

I’m simply not interested.
    In the real world, spies look like Alexander Downer.
    In fishnets.
    Let that sink in.

60. Steve trickler

Brace yourself, ladies and gents.

This is not pretty watching a female do this to herself. Some people rub one out over it….

Astonishing!

61. Stimpson J. Cat

Yea . I was kind of surprised by the attitude, Stimson. What did you think?

What are we talking about again?

62. Top Ender

Read the Brian Cadd article in the Weekend Oz magazine.

It was the only article worth reading. The rest of it, as it seems to be been for some time, was:

– “I’m a Commie, but rich, please pay attention to me Philip Adams.”

– Raving halfwit also with narcissistic tendencies Nikki Gemmel – was her original first name spelt that way?

– “test” puff pieces about insanely priced cars

– some sort of fashion article

– a restaurant review – very boring unless it’s one star out of 5, inc which case amusing.

– the other main article is usually about some virtue-signalling froot-loop.

63. Atoms for Peace

Just when I thought the acronym victim totem pole was full, bipoc slips in.

The letter about lithium users you mentioned earlier.

What time does newspoll come out?

66. Stimpson J. Cat

The letter about lithium users you mentioned earlier.

Are you Brethren JC??!!!

67. Overburdened

Awaiting advice.

I know nothing about tax other than I pay it.

68. bespoke

God
    #2987679, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:38 pm
    I may change my name to Trump just so JC will call me God.

I’ve already skipped right past that middle step.

I should do the same and become A-Hole if JC’s hasn’t used it already.

I agree with you, Top Ender. The Paywallian is rubbish. It no longer breaks news stories like a real newspaper should. Instead, it publishes opinion, journalism’s garbage leftovers. Breaking stories requires foot-slogging research, which the Oz no longer supports. The only reason I maintain my subscription is to access Johannes Leak’s cartoons.

Overburdened

#2987677, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Is this true.

It goes like this.
    Assume you receive a fully franked dividend of $700 at the corporate tax rate of 30%.
    This means the company earned $1,000, paid $300 tax and remitted $700 to you, the shareholder.
    Imputation effectively “backs out” the corporate tax paid, and levies tax at the shareholders marginal rate, but gives you credit for the corporate tax paid.
    If you are an individual on a marginal rate of 46%, your tax liability is $1000 x 46% = $460, less the $300 paid by the company = $160 on the dividend received of $700.
    Conversely, if your tax rate was 15%, your tax liability is $1000 x 15% = $150, less the $300 paid by the company = a refund of $150 on the dividend received of $700.
    This is what Peanut Head will change. You will not get the refund if that is your only taxable transaction.
    This is where the politics comes in.
    If you are a SMSF in pension phase, the tax rate is 0% and, if you have considerable fully franked ASX dividends, you will generate an excess of franking credits, which will not be refunded.
    However, Peanut Head’s mates in Industry Funds have a mix of dividend income and other taxable income (mostly contributions from members in accumulation phase) so they will never exhaust their franking credit rights.
    It is all about maaates.

No, just kidding , stimp.

Tell us what the letter said.

Sorry, it was a bad josh.

Note, it’s the third time I’ve ever apologised.

Overburdened

#2987677, posted on April 14, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Is this true.

It goes like this.
    This is where the politics comes in.
    It is all about maaates

73. max

Stimpy, this is more you:

A black telemarketer finds success when he starts using his “white voice”, and then he finds out what his company is really selling.

Sorry to Bother You

74. Stimpson J. Cat

No, just kidding , stimp.
    Tell us what the letter said.
    Sorry, it was a bad josh.
    Note, it’s the third time I’ve ever apologised.

And rightly so.
    Pretending to be Mentally Ill never ends well, especially when you meet someone who actually is.
    😁

75. Pedro the Ignorant

Gracias, calli. Hard to keep up with all these fancy buzzwords these days.

Bipocs used to be called something more succinct before PC made us all afeared of Big Brother.

I will attempt to avoid the dangerous dens of iniquity that wool yarn shops have become.

It is all about maaates

It’s also about the knuckledraggers of the Labor Party, getting away with instilling the belief that, if you have a portfolio of shares, and an income from dividends, you must be from “the big end of town” and fair game for their petty “politics of envy.”

77. Mitch M.

For the younger ones if they look after their health these drugs will work but you will have to maintain your health because these drugs are probably a decade away. Say goodbye to the idea that we cannot extend our lifespan. It is possible, it will happen. If you’re over 40 though, you’re done.

One mouse given the medication kept its glossy brown fur – while another untreated mouse started to go grey

78. Josh

Gerald Whateley’s AFL rule changes working well i see.

‘Strange games’: Clarko bemused by League’s scoring woes

ALASTAIR Clarkson is bemused.

A raft of rule changes were brought in to open up the play and increase scoring.

Instead, the opposite has happened.

79. jupes

And now Carlton are 0 – 4, courtesy of a two point flogging by the Gold Coast Suns.

Go Suns!

Update on my bet on a Suns premiership $10 at $5001: Cashout now at $16.77. Profit!

They’re getting worried about a second Leicester City.

I reckon they are a chance against Adelaide next week. Might be worth a small wager.

80. Top Ender

At the rellies in Tasmania, so had to endure ABC TV News.

Eight minutes of recycling as a “special feature”.

20 seconds of the new six-engine enormous wingspan aircraft!

81. None

I love most of you Cats. Not all of you, but most of you. All in a Platonic kind of way. I know this will induce an existential crisis for some of you but I cannot lie. Well actually I do sometimes much to my utter chagrin. Mea culpa. Mea culpa.

82. Stimpson J. Cat

This is exceptionally well written None.
    Keep up the good work.
    Thanks,
    Stimp.

83. None

Stimson backslide just so you know that slide is what software thinks is the next slide. Try again Stimson

All I got a

Stimpson. Finally I get that spelling right. Don’t ever say that I didn’t try.

84. zyconoclast

The women were caught on CCTV cameras on March 3 engaging in lewd s3x acts on a James St footpath in Fortitude Valley, in daylight hours.

Police claim they have no reason to charge them, despite the public s3x being in full view of elderly couples, parents with prams and nearby hospitality workers.

The s3x act lasted about 10 minutes before the police swooped in on the women.

But instead of charging the almost semi-naked trio, officers – seen in footage addressing one woman with exposed breasts and the second straddling the third – helped them dress and sent them on their way in an Uber.

According to a Queensland Police spokesman, the officers had ‘nothing they could charged the women with.’

‘They did not witness what is by definition willful exposure,’ The Courier Mail reported.

‘You cannot see the women’s genitalia, hence they did not witness an offence.’

85. Joanna

My goodness, has Magda Szubanski swallowed someone? I’ll bet they don’t make activewear in that size.

86. None

Thank you Calli. I’m taking ledsons from the best at the Cat.

Indeed Infidel.

Don’t worry you’re on the Plato list Dr BG. Don’t fall apart now.

I’ll take that as a commen, Mark A 😉

I wish I had a sister called Cassie. Cassie, you inspire me. Everytime I look at the news and think what now, and wonder why not just go John Galt, you remind me why it’s still worth fighting.

Ever since she came out she’s come out.

It has been ever thus.

88. Farmer Gez

The AFL are recruiting (building) tall lean athletes that don’t necessarily know how to play football.
    Lots of natural footballers don’t get drafted because of a beep test or a fat layer result.
    Shit in shit out.

89. Candy

90. mh

There is a Reverend Bill Cruz on the radio comparing the attitudes of the rulers of Brunei to those of Izzy Folau, as if there is an equivalence.

91. Stimpson J. Cat

Too be honest, I think most of The Gay’s simply find it objectionable for a Rugby Player to be lecturing people about Gayness.

My goodness, has Magda Szubanski swallowed someone?

She’s beside herself!

93. Knuckle Dragger

Tom, 7.45pm;

The Masters. Yes.

Btw, you had me at ‘threesomes’.

94. Pedro the Ignorant

Her Royal Marklething is a bit old to be having a bub isn’t she?

Just read at Zulu’s link that she is 37.

95. Cassie of Sydney

“Candy
    #2987747, posted on April 14, 2019 at 9:16 pm
    I still don’t see how homosexuals can be advised to repent when homosexuality is mostly a natural condition a person can be born with. Often mothers intuit that their sons are gay from a very young age. A person can choose adultery or drunkeness or atheism but the homosexual aspect is different. You are born as God made you. One tweet does not explain Israel Falou’s views properly so he gets himself into hot water.”

Israel Folau is entitled to any view about homosexuality that he so chooses….why he is in hot water is not a reflection of what he said…it is a reflection of the sick, sodomised and tyrannical society that this country and most other countries in the western world have become. Candy, you should read Miranda Devine’s piece today…she nails it.

In my religion….Jooooodaism….it is the act that is regarded as depraved…not the individual. A society that celebrates the depraved cannot and will not last.

96. Mitch M.

Far less likely to stay celibate than heterosexuals so I regard that as a moot point. Celibacy is nigh impossible even for heterosexuals so it is not surprising St. Paul regarded it as a spiritual gift.

97. Cassie of Sydney

“None
    #2987743, posted on April 14, 2019 at 9:05 pm”

Thank you None.

98. max

Our bodies are not made that way. It is unnatural. A disorder.

Her Royal Marklething is a bit old to be having a bub isn’t she?

The Royals’ first tar baby?

100. DrBeauGan

Don’t worry you’re on the Plato list Dr BG. Don’t fall apart now.

I’ll be brave, None.

I like most of your posts. You have a lot of sense.

Same split in Newspoll 52/48.

102. Beachcomber

Cassie of Sydney at 9:31 pm

100+! Couldn’t have said it better myself.

One Nation’s voter slip gives a lift to both major parties

Simon Benson
    National Political Editor
    19 minutes ago April 14, 2019
    4 Comments

Pauline Hanson’s support has crashed, handing Scott Morrison the equal-best primary vote for the Coalition since just after the last election but also strengthening Labor’s lead.

The first Newspoll since the May 18 election was called in the wake of the Coalition’s budget and Bill Shorten’s budget-in-reply speech puts the major parties neck and neck on a primary vote of 39 per cent each.

With preferences from the Greens, Labor has maintained a two-party-preferred vote of 48 per cent to 52 per cent, representing a 2.4 per cent swing against the ­Coalition based on the last election, representing the potential loss of 10 seats for the Prime Minister.

Going into the first full week of the campaign, Mr Morrison ­enjoys an unchanged 11-point lead over the Opposition Leader as preferred prime minister.

The Prime Minister will tomorrow head back to Melbourne to announce further infrastructure projects in a state that, alongside Queensland, the Coalition believes could hold the key to the election outcome, with population being a hot-button issue.

Mr Shorten will remain in Sydney, where he has been campaigning behind enemy lines in the Liberal-held seat of Reid in the inner-western suburbs, and expected to keep the pressure up on health funding tomorrow.

With less than five weeks to go before the poll, the Coalition has built on a two-point jump in its primary vote two weeks ago by adding a further point in the latest Newspoll, which began surveying voters on the day the election was called. This has come at the ­expense of One Nation, which has crashed to 4 per cent in the wake of the guns-for-funds scandal, with popular support falling nationally to its lowest point since 2016.

The Newspoll showed Mr Morrison had recovered all the ground lost since the removal of Malcolm Turnbull, with the best primary vote for the Coalition since July 30 last year. This has been the Coalition’s high water mark since September 2016, just two months after the last election.

From the Oz. Scott Morrison eleven points in front of Whining William as preferred Prime Minister.

104. None

Indeed candy as I have pointed out before Israel hasn’t had very good catechesis. Being same-sex attracted is neither here nor there in Christianity – the Catholics will just refer to it as a disorder and basically most Christian traditions would not see that disorder as hugely different to other disorders we all suffer. It is what you do with that attraction that is the issue.

105. None

Her Royal Marklething

haha I misread that as Her Royal Marketing but on reflection I guess they are synonymous terms.

106. None

I give you a hard time sometimes Dr BG, but I long ago concluded that you’re a fundamentally good and decent man.

107. None

Honestly the media’s stupid obsession with preferred p.m. – it’s like they think everything in life is about 15 minutes Fame holes on reality tv. It is a meaningless measure. The only thing that matters is the primary vote and by extension the 2pp. That’s it.

108. Knuckle Dragger

The chick from Suits had better be very careful with her non-traditional ways of doing stuff.

The Poms see the Royals as their own property and will not relate well to one of the heirs of the Empire being born in a bathtub.

The novelty of being different will soon wear away if it hasn’t already, and people will start thinking about Edward VIII and his uppity Yank missus.

It was said of one of her husbands Royal Ancestors – Edward VIII to be precise – that it was the only case in history where an Admiral in the Royal Navy had quitted his post to become third mate to a Baltimore tramp, and my mother, who was at school in Perth at the time of the abdication remembers being warned that “Girls, the practice of singing “Hark the herald angels sing/ Mrs Simpson’s pinched our King” MUST cease forthwith.”

110. bespoke

That went out years ago now gender and attraction is a social construct, Candy.

111. DrBeauGan

If you’re ever in Perth let me know, and I’ll take you out to dinner so you get a chance to change your mind.

Gab has the same offer.

112. Overburdened

Mitch M

Celibacy is nigh impossible…

Do I win a trophy, I regrettably must ask.

113. max

Countless churches throughout Western Europe are being vandalized, defecated on, and torched.

In France, two churches are desecrated every day on average. According to PI-News, a German news site, 1,063 attacks on Christian churches or symbols (crucifixes, icons, statues) were registered in France in 2018. This represents a 17% increase compared to the previous year (2017), when 878 attacks were registered — meaning that such attacks are only going from bad to worse.

In Germany, four separate churches were vandalized and/or torched in March alone. “In this country,” PI-News, a German news site, explained, “there is a creeping war against everything that symbolizes Christianity: attacks on mountain-summit crosses, on sacred statues by the wayside, on churches… and recently also on cemeteries.”

In virtually every instance of church attacks, authorities and media obfuscate the identity of the vandals. In those rare instances when the Muslim (or “migrant”) identity of the destroyers is leaked, the desecraters are then presented as suffering from mental health issues.

“Hardly anyone writes and speaks about the increasing attacks on Christian symbols. There is an eloquent silence in both France and Germany about the scandal of the desecrations and the origin of the perpetrators…. Not a word, not even the slightest hint that could in anyway lead to the suspicion of migrants… It is not the perpetrators who are in danger of being ostracized, but those who dare to associate the desecration of Christian symbols with immigrant imports. They are accused of hatred, hate speech and racism.” — PI News, March 24, 2019

114. max

In virtually every instance of church attacks, authorities and media obfuscate the identity of the vandals. In those rare instances when the M*****8 (or “migrant”) identity of the destroyers is leaked, the desecraters are then presented as suffering from mental health issues.

115. bespoke

Roots of the Left’s Acceptance of Pedophilia

Shockingly, there are people in the liberal media attempting to normalize pedophilia. These media sources range from outlets like Salon.com to peer-reviewed journals to popular cable news media shows.

One would think that a stance against pedophilia would be something we can all agree on, yet here we are. To those with only a cursory understanding of liberalism and liberal ideology, this is shocking. However, to those with an intimate understanding of liberal ideology, this is the next logical threshold when articulating the moral foundations of liberalism.

116. DrBeauGan

bespoke
    #2987781, posted on April 14, 2019 at 10:49 pm
    Roots of the Left’s Acceptance of Pedophilia

I reckon some people, peedos for example, are twisted sickos who need to be locked away or put down. The claimed ethic of Rousseau otherwise holds for serial murderers as well. It’s a preposterous claim.

117. feelthebern

If I could choose a religion it would be Judaism.
    They seem to be the only religion that realises (& practices) that there is a war going on.

118. bespoke

DrBeauGan

This has been a recurring theme among intellectuals for a long time but this time it’s gaining momentum.

119. feelthebern

It’s not acceptable that these Churches in Western Europe are being vandalised.
    What’s more unacceptable is that the parishes haven’t organised 24/7 security.
    You don’t hear about this kind of shit happening in Eastern Europe.

Doc

Have you been reading Nassim Taleb’s argument against IQ testing? He thinks IQ and particularly national IQ is total nonsense.

He argues that psychologists pushing this are charlatans. Taleb argues the only thing IQ measures is very low intelligence.

He’s a former trader and mathematician.

121. mh

None
    #2987765, posted on April 14, 2019 at 10:10 pm

None, how do you stop a horny gay bloke shoving his dick up another bloke’s arse?

122. Knuckle Dragger

ftb,

Exactly. Try that shit on in a Hungarian church and see how far you get.

123. RobK

World Economic forum discusses how central banks are among the most cautious institutions in the world, yet the first to implement blockchain experimentation

· Some central banks are emerging as early movers and leaders in blockchain experimentation and research
    · Innovative uses of blockchain by central banks include anti-money laundering efforts in Hong Kong; using Ethereum that enables automatic transactions in France; and sharing interdepartmental information in Brazil
    · New analysis highlights 10 top use cases around the world, with emerging markets potentially benefiting the most
    · For more information, check out the white paper

Central banks have been quietly researching its possibilities since 2014. Over the past two years, the beginning of a new wave has emerged as more central banks launch large-scale pilots and research efforts, including rapid and complete cross-border interbank securities.

The Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology team at the World Economic Forum interviewed dozens of central bank researchers and analysed more than 60 reports on past and current research efforts.

The whole article is a lot longer.

RobK

The CB’s have been using a version of blockchain through the payments system. The Fed wire has been a version of the blockchain and has been around for donkeys.

125. bespoke

How would you measure intelligence, JC?

126. Stimpson J. Cat

How would you measure intelligence, JC?

Simple.
    The ability to question each and every one of your own beliefs, no matter what they are.
    If you can’t do that you aren’t very smart at all.
    Also if you don’t laugh at my jokes.

You may not be able to measure something that is so intangible, Bespoke. This dude argues that the only way to do is to give a person that particular task and see how he performs.

If his math is correct and the charts are right .. they haven’t been finagled… it means IQ as we understand it is bullshit. I’m not convinced, but I’m also not writing him off because the dude is quite smart and gives the academics are real hiding… which is always a good thing.

Simple.
    If you can’t do that you aren’t very smart at all.

True and time shows I’ve never been wrong on anything. 🙂

129. Stimpson J. Cat

IQ is the mental equivalent of GDP.
    It is important but not even close to the full story and it does not include so many other factors that it at best can only be used as an interesting sidenote to a person’s intelligence.

130. Stimpson J. Cat

True and time shows I’ve never been wrong on anything. 🙂

That’s right JC, and on those rare occasions that you aren’t wrong, you always apologize for not being wrong too.

IQ is the mental equivalent of GDP.

Read the his blog post. It’s not even that, according to him. He thinks testing can only used to measure morons.

132. Stimpson J. Cat

I read it ages ago.
    He’s an ex-trader so I don’t trust him just because he can count.
    Not all traders are as trustworthy as you JC.

133. Steve trickler

I’ve got this gut feeling that this group is under pressure for lack of “diversity” in Denmark.

Just a hunch.

Folau latest …
    A full-scale media search for accomplices is currently underway …

The controversial player’s comments about his future come as players across two football codes were found to be among the 37,000 Instagram users who ‘liked’ Folau’s post.

Geelong Cats superstar Gary Ablett ‘liked’ the post, but later removed his like from the photo.

Carlton midfielder Matthew Kennedy also reportedly liked the post, along with Wallabies players Samu Kerevi and Allan Alaalatoa, according to The Herald Sun.

Both Ablett and Kennedy are also religious.

However the Cats weren’t made aware of Ablett’s support of the post, and didn’t order him to remove his like.

Kennedy, 22, is a practising Catholic, and has previously said he feels ‘going to Mass is good for my spiritual development and makes me a more complete person’.

He’s an ex-trader so I don’t trust him just because he can count.

We worked on the same trading floor. I always thought he was a dick… not a dickhead – just a dick. He was never a huge money maker though – at least from what I recall.

136. Stimpson J. Cat

He was never a huge money maker though – at least from what I recall.

Exactly JC.
    I just can’t take traders that don’t make money seriously.
    I mean what is the point, really.

137. Knuckle Dragger

C.L., 12.13am;

Interesting days ahead for the Sport Social Media Police.

Some definitions need to be sorted out. Is a ‘like’ the same as an actual post?

If you ‘like’ a post and its content, surely that would be the same as publicly adopting the same views as the person that created the post?

If so, then it’s a world of hurt for Geelong. Good luck sacking one of their favourite sons, but it’d be hypocritical not to.

Wouldn’t it?

138. Knuckle Dragger

By Christ Tony Finau can hit a golf ball.

Quick, shortish backswing, zero finesse and POW. Averaging over 320 yards with the big dog for the event.

139. Knuckle Dragger

Fun fact:

There are no birds at Augusta National. It is creepy quiet, so the broadcasters pipe in bird noises to make the place appear more natural.

140. RobK

JC,
    The guy has the maths right on IQ. He may not have been a good trader, presumably that’s why he got out.
    He does highlight some issues with maths & science trying to model reality. This is an increasing problem in many fields because the quantity of data is often becoming very large. We often try to find patterns when there are none ( very weak). As he says: Not seeing patterns except when they are significant is a virtue in real life.

Its a good article and the issues relate to stochastic properties which are often mishandled in many fields. Its real problem.

Why not here?

On the contrary, the most far-reaching consequence of the 2019 Israeli election may well be that it verified, beyond any reasonable doubt, that there is functionally no left left in Israel. It has become a country with a center, a right, and a far right, but no electorally viable left to speak of.

Center-left social democratic parties have been in sharp decline in recent years across the Western world. But nowhere has the collapse been more stunning than in Israel, whose founders and ruling class for the first 30 years of the country’s existence were very deeply linked with the labor movement. Labor has been in retreat ever since the collapse of peace negotiations with the Palestinians in 2000. But its showing on Tuesday was truly astonishing: With 5 percent of the vote, the Israeli Labor Party is now less than two percentage points away from failing to clear the minimum threshold (3.25 percent) for winning seats in the Knesset. The party is approaching the possibility of extinction.

142. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Lizzie and Calli are 5’3 … apparently.
    Fake News.
    I’m 5’3.5” in my socks.

Today I was authenticated at the doc’s as five foot three and a half inches.
    I seem to fluctuate between five three and five four.
    I enjoy being variable so I don’t worry about it. 🙂

Why not here?

Israel is a war zone. It is surrounded by enemies who want to destroy it. One false move politically could exterminate Israel — no place for a utopian fantasy like leftism.

Australia is a lazy, fat-arsed democracy that has its peace and democracy guaranteed by a distant global superpower. Australia’s leftist ruling class even goes as far as fantasising about ditching the American alliance, such is its arrogance about American protection.

At the first sign of an existential threat, Australia would be rushing to hide under America’s skirts. If Australia had to make daily decisions about its survival, there’d be very little leftism here either.

144. RobK

Labor has been in retreat ever since the collapse of peace negotiations
    As Tom points out: reality bites.

145. Knuckle Dragger

Tom,

Yep. A more eloquent and probably accurate version of the old bar-thumpers at the pub declaring, ‘what we need is a good war’.

146. Knuckle Dragger

Francesco Molinari is the Glenn McGrath of golf. A ticking metronome, always in the zone.

147. RobK

KD,
    ‘what we need is a good war’.

Whilst a war would almost certainly apply the required level of threat to existence to galvanize a change in outlook, eventually at great expense and loss, hopefully the penny will drop earlier. A modest downturn perhaps.

148. Knuckle Dragger

Agreed RobK. As the old sayings go:

There are no atheists in foxholes.
    There are no feminists in house fires.
    There are no lefty vegans when your country’s survival is at stake, and is reliant on capitalism to survive.

Great news. It now looks like the weather system blowing in from Texas is going to miss Augusta, Georgia, to the north. Go to the weather radar at Robins air force base, south of Macon GA, and click on reflectivity/composite/loop for the animated graphic.

The hell, KD? Your man Molinari just put his tee shot into Rae’s Creek on the par 3 12th. So did Tony Finau, Brooks Koepka and Ian Poulter. Lack of wind spooked them all. Molinari drops two shots, momentarily tied for the lead with Woods and Xander Schauffele on -11. But then Patrick Cantlay vaulted them all with an Eagle putt and goes to the lead on -12, joined a few minutes later when Schauffele birdies. Wow. Amen Corner is alive and well.

151. Knuckle Dragger

This is getting seriously good.

Rickie Fowler now two behind, and if Jason Day hadn’t doubled on Saturday he’d be sharing the lead.

152. Knuckle Dragger

Cantlay gorrn. Two bogeys in two holes.

Handy stuff though, considering he scraped into the cut at +2.

153. DrBeauGan

Doc

Yes, I read it and answered the last time you asked, JC. I think he exaggerates, IQ measurements on adults are reasonable for values between 40 and 130. This is in accordance with Beau Gan’s Law which states that you cannot assess the intelligence of someone who is more intelligent than you.

Most psychologists have IQs around 130. If you’re smarter than that you wouldn’t want to do psychology. Of course, you might avoid psychology for other good reasons.

Taleb understands statistics better than most statisticians, but this is not a very high standard. He is not averse to a certain amount of bullshit. I find him quite entertaining.

Stimpy is quite right in saying that there are more important qualities than intelligence. The moral courage to face uncongenial truths and spit in their eye, is an example.

154. DrBeauGan

Tiger Woods (-13) takes the lead with three holes to go. Molinari blows it out his arse with double bogeys on 12 and 15.

156. Knuckle Dragger

I never liked Molinari.

That pine cone has a lot to answer for.

157. Knuckle Dragger

The stories are true!

Years of porking lingerie models does pay off!

158. Knuckle Dragger

As if I ever needed another reason to hate Di Natale, Leak #1 is it.

Bastard.

159. DrBeauGan

Thanks Tom. J. Leak is getting impressive.

Redemption story of the year! Onya, Woodsie!

161. Knuckle Dragger

TYYGGGAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

162. Infidel Tiger

Comfortably Smug
    @ComfortablySmug

Like America, Tiger couldn’t win under Obama!!! Finally we are all winning again!!

163. Notafan

I’m sick of the vacuous born that way claim.

That implies genetic and that defies logic.

It’s disordered, and sad, and far more likely to be associated with failure to attach to a father figure.

And yes chastity/celibacy is a very difficult option.

Some people struggle with alcohol or drug addictions, are they born that way, I guess they are.

One thing for sure no rational person desires same sex attraction, and all the physical and mental health problems that are inevitably associated with it.

164. Herodotus

The ABC’s Continuous Tsunami, Part One.

This week’s Science Show (aka The Climate Change Hour) started with Bill Shorten’s address to the Academy of Science. During this speech, replayed at length, he promised more science advisers to government, more scientific panels, and generally extolled science and scientists. He said that there was now in the political realm a group who were “against science”. You’d find these anti-science people among the government, among shock jocks on radio, and in the ranks of the “after dark” cable channels.
    So, being anti-climate change is of course being a broad spectrum anti-science type.

Next up, the show had a marvellous approach to making hydrogen a viable source of power. It all depended on two things. Firstly, that you could use “cheap renewables” out in the desert to split water into hydrogen and oxygen. Never mind that there’s not much water in the desert or that cheap renewables aint cheap.
    The second one was a lower energy method of converting hydrogen into ammonia, more easily shipped to where it is needed, and converted back into hydrogen and nitrogen. BoN will no doubt have more to add on this, but the vision splendid has cars running on hydrogen instead of petrol – completely ignoring the total energy requirement at the outset, which will be huge. The fact that hydrogen is very tricky to handle as a fuel in cars was not memtioned.

Then, to burnish their credentials as the centre on the ABC of the One True Faith, the show wheeled in Dr. Carl to tell us the parable of the heat in the oceans. This version started with the evil CO2 causing the heat buildup in the atmosphere (equal to many thousands of atom bombs) transferring to the top layer of the oceans whoch then went snaking under the ice of Antarctica and is (despite those nasty anti-science people and their misinfomation after dark) to Melt The Glaciers! This will cause a sea level rise of a metre and maybe more, so don,t say you weren’t warmed, I mean warned, and stop your terrible urge to pass this dilemma on to your children and generations thereafter ad infinitum.

165. Herodotus

The ABC’s Continuous Tsunami Part Two

They just love having people on to chat, people who are like-minded. Enter stage left the Reverend Tim Costello. Tim told us how he had to choose between going into politics and becoming a pastor. Yeah, right!
    He’s political anyway, despite the “vocation” of hearing God’s call.
    It’s all about channeling aid to the poor unfortunates of the world, particularly Africa. If we reduce our aid, people die of diseases or starvation. Australia’s aid has been reduced, so we are causing misery.
    But wait! Ever since the fashion for declaring African nations independant, starting about 1950, there has been a succession, a large parade of despots who didn’t just cling to power for far too long. They wrecked their economies, stole the riches, and engaged in mass killings either directly as in Matabeleland and Darfur, or in wilful manipulation of forced relocations as in Ethiopia after the Lion of Judah, Haile Selassie, was replaced.
    Mugabe, Bashir and ”Buttflicker”, are just the later examples of African rulers who have done so much to make life a misery for their people. The list is long, and Martin Meredith’s book on the sorry saga since independence tells it all.
    No mention of this will be allowed to sully the narrative that Costello puts out and that the ABC agrees with. To cap it off, he said that reduced aid also causes the mass migration we are now seeing from the ME and Africa.
    Hang your heads, Australians, and give generously.

166. will

The ABC’s Continuous Tsunami, Part One….he show wheeled in Dr. Carl to tell us the parable of the heat in the oceans

so I guess the story of the scientific paper that was never published, showing temperatures falling with increased latitude across the Southern Ocean, would not really get a look in.

167. MatrixTransform

hydrogen is very tricky to handle

this will make you laugh… wiki/Hydrogen_storage

Compressed hydrogen in hydrogen tanks at 350 bar (5,000 psi) and 700 bar (10,000 psi) is used for hydrogen tank systems in vehicles

Who explodes better Tossla or Hydrogen Honda

my favourite renewable is Carbohydrate Storage of Hydrogen.
    my second favourite renewable is Aluminium Storage .

what joke!

168. We do in fact face an existential threat. But it doesn’t come bearing arms, and most Australians are too intellectually lazy to identify it. It’s called cultural Marxism in some quarters.

Echoes of 1960/70.

Back then the “existential threat” was Communism coming down from the North in the minds of small Vietnamese persons. The fact that didn’t have a navy or air force was ignored.
    We conscripted our 19 year-olds and sent them off to fight an ideology.
    For a time it worked a treat, and the DLP preferences kept the Coalition in power until the voters woke up in 1972.

It didn’t end well.
    Some of us are old enough to remember.
    The only “intellectual laziness” is forgetting this history.

Simple.
    If you can’t do that you aren’t very smart at all.

I would add:

And to have those beliefs questioned by others without flying off the handle. And to be able to state clearly why you hold those beliefs and to accept that others will not agree.

Anyone can question their own beliefs.

170. rickw

You clearly haven’t read anything regarding the USSR’s perspective on the Vietnam War.

171. Entropy

My ipad says that Catallaxy Files is not secure.

172. Tintarella di Luna

A combination of Johannes Leak #1 with part of Johannes Leak #2 on the side of a fleet of buses would be an excellent election reminder of what we’re gonna get.

Ahahaha! The Cat liveblogging the golf.

Good times.

174. Gab

His faith is strong.

“It’s obviously a decision that’s in the process right now but I believe in a God that’s in control of all things,” Folau said. “Whatever His will is, whether that’s to continue playing or not, I’m more than happy to do what He wants me to do.”

175. 1735099

You clearly haven’t read anything regarding the USSR’s perspective

The mistake the Americans made (and we followed) was applying a global perspective to a local conflict.
    You’re making the same mistake.

176. Crossie

the “after dark” cable channels.

That must also mean that there are “after dark” cable channel watchers, the people who have daytime jobs and can only watch TV in the evenings. Can we then assume that daytime TV watchers are jobless and get all their information from scientists like Kochie?

177. rickw

I walked past the local African Church yesterday:

The Church is all Africans, no one else attends. What is the benefit of this “multiculturalism”? It seems to be that the principal benefit is for the Africans, they are free to worship and live without the threat of the standard African violence, right up until the point where we get enough Africans.

All the women are very finely dressed, and there is not one of them over 18 that is not obese. Precisely what gap in Australian society or the Australian economy are these women filling?

It seems like we haven’t had enough problems of our own so we’ve been persuaded to import some out of our guilt.

178. Crossie

calli
    #2987864, posted on April 15, 2019 at 6:21 am
    Simple.
    If you can’t do that you aren’t very smart at all.

I would add:

You mean the scientific method? Haven’t you heard? That’s discriminatory and has been made illegal to foster “diversity”.

179. Crossie

They perform two roles, they comprise the majority of CentreLink staff and clients.

Zanetti drives an incandescent awl through the hypocrisy of Qantas, ARL and the Left, but sadly most Australians wouldn’t know who Kaepernick is nor anything about the whole kneeling/Nike thing.

I’m with Roy – if she stood for Parliament I’d vote for her.

181. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

No it’s not an existential threat, it’s actually a death sentence being enacted in slow motion.

The Watermelons really are into recycling… myths.
    Dark heat in teh oceans, yet again.

183. feelthebern

Is it true numbers tries to get video questions on Q&A every week?

This will cause a sea level rise of a metre and maybe more

Will or may?
    They are very hard to pin down to a concrete prediction.

The Cat liveblogging the golf.

Jeebus, what’s next – lawn bowls?

186. Twostix

My ipad says that Catallaxy Files is not secure.

Because it doesn’t use SSL.

ASIO would have to go to some effort then.

187. dover_beach

Folau latest …
    A full-scale media search for accomplices is currently underway …

This is sinister.

188. Tintarella di Luna

Would it be offensive to say that as a barrister Zalli Stegall is no Rowena Orr?

189. RobK

Jeebus, what’s next – lawn bowls?
    Darts.

Knuckle Dragger

#2987836, posted on April 15, 2019 at 3:54 am

The stories are true!

Years of porking lingerie models does pay off!

Hasn’t done much for me.
    Still play off 19.

191. John Comnenus

This is persecution of Christians and the Christian denominations need to respond forcibly.

A quick perusal of schoolboy rugby shows that most of the schools who play the code are Christian. They Christian schools should immediately announce they will no longer play rugby at their schools. That would effectively destroy rugby in Australia. Why should Christian schools play a code that persecuted its faith?

This is beyond sinister, it has moved into persecution, it must be stopped.

192. John Comnenus

The Christian Schools that play rugby should immediately stop playing the sport. That would effectively destroy Rugby, a code that has no place for the Christian world view and is now searching for the adherents of the faith in social media.

feelthebern

#2987881, posted on April 15, 2019 at 6:57 am

Is it true numbers tries to get video questions on Q&A every week?

Although he submits it on Super-8 addressed to Mr Robert Moore, c/- Monday Conference.
    Just another example of living in the past.

194. John Comnenus

Yep Rugby is happy to include players convicted, charged or alleged to have been drug dealers, burglars, assault and wife beaters. But it draws the line at Christians.

Is she from the legal firm “Shock and Orr”?

Candace Owens and Kaitlin Bennett are babes making waves. Today it is Kaitlin’s turn.

Conservative Journalist Ejected From Bernie Sanders Rally With No Explanation

Well played lady.

197. Herodotus

The league has no problem with players of that other religion with exactly the doctrine on homosexuality, hypocritical as that may be.

198. John Constantine

In bleak yarragrad, their Nazgul andrews government dog whistles to attempt to rouse a lefty mob to demand a gun grab, in a jacindamania response to illegal weapons being fired by criminal cartels at a wahhabi security firm guarding a ‘popular nightclub’, code for profitable marketplace.

Because imported crims use illegal guns to kill their way into profiting from an illegal imported trade controlled by other imported crims, pale stale australians must be disarmed.

The state death squads will not use their 800 military style assault weapons on the imported crime cartels, just in raids on previously licenced and legal gunowners.

Mexico comes to yarragrad, and it is used as an excuse to crack down on proles, not crims.

Comrades.

199. Herodotus

Schlock and Err, I believe, LL.

200. feelthebern

There’s a thing called Coachella going on in California at the moment.
    I’m not a smart fellow.
    Can someone explain how women running around the desert in their undies for a week taking selfies is empowering ?
    & shouldn’t they be more understanding of the Levant Re-Locators doctrines?
    Or will Jecinda Ardern don a Coachella “out-fit” to show solidarity?

201. mh

John Comnenus
    #2987895, posted on April 15, 2019 at 7:33 am

Peter Beattie has also ruled out Israel Folau ever returning to Rugby League, because his brand of Christianity is not “inclusive”.

What dickheads appointed Beattie, FFS? He’s a fvcking nightmare.

Cronulla Hawks, Peter? Cronulla Seagulls?

202. Nob

Bikies have been in bed with the cartels for a decade at least, and Levantines have been building dominance among the bikie gangs.

The money involved is phenomenal.
    They can buy anyone.
    On the downside, if you cross them , the only good result is when they torture and kill you without doing too many of your family as well.

203. Stimpson J. Cat

I’m sick of the vacuous born that way claim.

That implies genetic and that defies logic.

Think of it as Original Sin if that helps you with the Logic part.

204. mh

Zanetti nails the Corporate fakery.

205. Cardimona

Interesting electricity supply problem factoid, Cats.
    I’ve got a rapid flickering in the supply that keeps tripping out my surge busters on the computers.
    Phoned the local energy retailer, whose agent asked if I had solar panels.
    When my rant against renewables finally tapered off I told her no, I’m a conscientious objector.
    She told me that sometimes a neighbours solar panels will cause this flickering supply issue.
    Weather-wise, we currently have sunlight flickering through occasional small gaps in rain-bearing cloud.
    Oh, joy. More unintended consequences of the new secular religion for ignoranuses.

206. Stimpson J. Cat

Anyone can question their own beliefs.

Yes yes, that’s why so many people die the religion they are born into.

It’s all so easy to break the chains of belief.

Anyone can do it.

207. bespoke

DrBeauGan
    #2987833, posted on April 15, 2019 at 3:38 am

Not every one is a leader and seeing that politics is swamped with nutters and sycophants only a few good ones would take the challenge.

208. Cardimona

FWIW, I got this bit of pushback into print in the Cairns paper….

The Editor

When fire chiefs speak of worsening fires because of “climate change”, there’s two possibilities.

One; they’ve succumbed to the green-left group-think, possibly as a contract condition imposed by their political superiors.

Two; by “climate change” they mean “politic climate change” where uninformed, impractical greenies determine hazard reduction policies.

Humans have burned off excess vegetation in this country for around 40,000 years, long enough to change the biosphere to depend on it.

But suddenly armchair experts who have only ever flown over the bush think they know better?

With many former city-dwellers who lack knowledge of landscape fire management fleeing the immigration crush-loading in the cities and spreading out into the regions we can expect the bushfire death toll to rise.

And, of course, “climate change” will be blamed, as intended.

(130 words)

209. mh

Two months ago

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    Great morning at Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter, Florida with
    @JackNicklaus
    and
    @TigerWoods!

210. Elle

Great toons, Tom. Cheers.

Little sleep because of the golf. Onya, Tiger! Epic! A magnificent comeback! The last hole – one of the best things I’ve seen – that and the crowd’s reaction – awesome. Thank god for sport – that and music.

BS avoiding AJ. Oz reports: little to gain, fears gaffes.

212. John Constantine

Their top level vikpol dictate that Victorians are to flee cower and beg in the face of home invaders and the gangs that are only individuals displaying gang behaviour.

Top level vikpol is fundamentally transforming the service into a diversity rejection of pale stale males.

Top level vikpol cannot cope with African schoolies and five foot forty kilo chicom uni chicks doing milk powder cash runs.

The Mexican cartels come to town and top level vikpol start counting down the days to retirement.

Legalise marijuana now, address the market as our politicals will not address the marketeers.

Anyone can do it.

Correct. In my sample of one life, I have watched just about everyone I grew up with in Sunday School walk away from the faith they professed way back then.

214. Stimpson J. Cat

Is there anything more Gay than having an Instagram account in 2019?

I mean honestly.

Name and shame these closet Homosexuals.

215. P

‘Monstrous’ Lithgow house with illuminated crucifix angers locals
    Ben Pike, Urban Affairs Reporter, The Sunday Telegraph
    April 14, 2019 12:00am

The crucifixes are not mentioned in the original development application approved by council.

217. dover_beach

Yes yes, that’s why so many people die the religion they are born into.

It’s all so easy to break the chains of belief.

Anyone can do it.

Indeed, it is very easy. As Calli illustrates, when the surrounding culture is thoroughly atheistic, it is very easy indeed.

218. RobK

Cardimona,
    flickering in the supply that keeps tripping out my surge busters

That’s likely a problem with increased harmonics. It can be caused by a number of things but poorly filtered inverter output is right up there. You have very high frequency energy as a carrier wave being modulated to 50 Hz. The carrier wave is then filtered out with various arrangements of capacitors, inductors and some fancy black boxes called snubber circuits. The better robust ones are of course much dearer and not curently in fashion any more. Poor quality LED lights can also be an issue, as can radio transmitters (many other things).

Thanks for Folau update, Tom.

220. The Harpics get their just desserts for getting on the piss with the gun wankers.
    Not much else has changed.

221. bespoke

I grew up in a atheistic house, dover but have become more curious about religion.

222. Stimpson J. Cat

Buy a UPS just to be safe.

Gab’s SMH link:
    ‘I’m more than happy to do what He wants me to do’: unrepentant Folau
    This is modern Australia: orthodox, run-of-the-mill Christian is “unrepentant.”
    His top corporate critic, meanwhile, is an unashamed, habitual sodomist.

224. dover_beach

C.L. wins the internet for today.

225. Stimpson J. Cat

‘I’m more than happy to do what He wants me to do’: unrepentant Folau

Said no wife ever.

And the slow decline of Man began.

226. dover_beach