Election 2019

This entry was posted in 2019 election, Open Forum. Bookmark the permalink.

3,039 Responses to Election 2019

1 2 3 13
  1. Fleeced

A brthday thread, for me!

2. As Benny Hill would have said, “Werrcome to the election thread.”

3. Dr Fred Lenin

HappycBirdie Fleeced , hope you enjoy many more =

4. Fleeced

Last week, Shorten was Gough. Yesterday, he was Hawke. Next week, he’ll be Rudd and Gillard.

5. mh

Any exit polling predictions yet?

6. Indolent

Any exit polling predictions yet?

52/48 to Labor, on both Channel 9 and Sky. As was pointed that, this does not reflect all the prepolls.

7. Fleeced

Thanks, Fred.

Not much of a pressie if Shorten gets in, but I’m trying to look for silver linings. Here’s a wish list:

* Shorten loses
    * Duncan Spender of LDP wins a senate seat
    * Another LDP candidate wins a senate seat
    * SHY loses her senate seat
    * Libs gain Lyndsay
    * Warren Mundine wins Gilmore
    * The Greens don’t hold balance of power

If I don’t get anything on that list, I’ll be upset (I don’t expect to get everything).

Exit polls are bullshit. It may be 52/48 but I would trust the exit polls.

9. Exit Stage Right

“Any exit polling predictions yet?”

Alan Jones can’t see 76 seats for Labor.
    Bookies have LNP at 8-1.

10. Scott Osmond

Sadly, “none of the above” was on my ballot. It was a choice of who would do the least damage. Quite a number of people I spoke to had a similar strategy.

11. John Comnenus

Apparently LNP were strongly up in pre polls and on the day exit polls are 52-48 to ALP. I’m calling a hung parliament.

The libs have to be at least 2 points ahead for the AEC effect. The AEC will always find a way of giving the Liars that spread in their favor. So libs can’t win unless they are ahead by 4.

13. Armadillo

As Benny Hill would have said, “Werrcome to the election thread.”

mOnts is just here to gloat and bask in the glory.

I’m with him. Let’s hope it’s a bloodbath for the Liberals. Half the party are borderline Labor candidates, the other half are full on green loons.

Don’t be surprised if the message from the party “wash up” is that they didn’t “go left enough”.

John C

If it’s a hung parliament who are the likely indeps and where would they head?

15. Pedro the Ignorant

Beer in the fridge, plenty of potato chips, wood fire laid, two TVs and remotes standing by.

Sky and ABC are the priority TV channels for 6.00pm AEST.

Let the Games begin!

16. Fleeced

Sportsbet offering $7.50 for Coalition now. Alas, no place bets available 😉

17. Eyrie

The cat is in the box. We just haven’t looked yet.

18. mh

Alan Jones can’t see 76 seats for Labor.

It’s all over then. Labor will bolt in.

19. Harlequin Decline

We left it to the last minute but finally got off our arses and voted .

We’re in Warringah so in the HoR put Mr Rabbit no. 1 on the basis he is sort of conservative and the Libs need to know they should veer right, not left. The fraud Steggal and odious Greens shoveled into the last 2 places.

In the Senate AC in the top 2 then assorted rabble that would add significant impedance to any legislation making it that far.

20. John Comnenus

Well there will be Bandt and Wilkie and Katter as a minimum. Libs need to find about 75 seats and then mark Katter the minister for nuclear power.

The only interesting part of this outcome is how the minor parties do in the Senate and how much influence Clive Palmer can buy with his winnings from the recent stoush against China.

Both of the major parties are planning to spend us into oblivion … there remains some question how quickly that happens, but you can plan for it sooner or later.

22. Fleeced

They always conclude that, no matter what happens.

But yeah, “we need a climate policy” will be the big one.

23. John Comnenus

Harlequin – what was the feel in Warringah?

24. EvilElvis

Manned a booth in WA for AC this morning, safe liberal territory and I’d say will remain so. Funnily enough my worst blow offs were from older female liberal voters. Control your bints, gentleman!

25. Armadillo

Good to see the Australian Conservatives manning a few booths in the New England for the Senate.

Hopefully Riccardo might get a few votes.

26. mh

It will be a good night for the Greens.

27. Fisky

Exit polls always lean ALP. Abbott was only up about 4 points on Rudd but whacked him by 7.

Fuck I hope Sharma wins even if the Libs lose. I can’t stand that Phelps.

29. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Put this up an hour ago on the Open Thread, but copying it here.

My election day –
    Sharma vs Phelps. We’ve just come back from our 9.00 till 4.00 stint on the hustings for the Australian Conservatives. Phelps had better luck at the booth I was working than in the glorious piece of Twitter above. Wore my white Aust Cons hat, my pigtails and my Conservatives shirt and was surprisingly taken for the youth vote!! No other conservatives around in this electorate handing out on any booth, except for Hairy and me. Maybe one or two turned up at other booths, but it didn’t seem like it – Hairy was doing sterling work at Rose Bay School. We dropped the Aust Cons double corflutes at five different booths, tied together with plastic ties hastily this morning, me wielding the scissors to make the hole and pull the ties tightish so the edifice would stand, and Hairy holding it all upright for me to do so.

Best part of the day for me was when early on I bowled into the local Scout Hall next to Star of the Sea Church and put up my Conservatives’ excellent “Sick of the Greens?” poster – the top part is all sickly green and horrible with a backdrop of megaphoning loonies, and the bottom part is a crisp ‘vote Conservatives’ message. These should be kept for other occasions, imho. I absolutely loved standing my poster right in the middle of a nest of Green ones! Talk about a great feeling of resistance and up yours to them. Photographed it to dare them to try to move it. Hairy ran checks on our stuff in various booths through the day.

Strong Liberal vote in my booth, but about 1 in 4 were for Phelps and I expect she will do even better in the inner city areas of greendom. The Greens were struggling in spite of heaps of helpers. Phelps had about eight people doing shifts, always at least five there for her, and she turned up to be gracious for about an hour and get some votes. She wears expensive lezzo shoes and tight lizard look pants. I managed to get Conservative Senate HTV’s into the hands of a lot of people clutching Sharma’s HTV’s, saying Sharma in the Reps and Conservatives in the Senate. At least it got the name known and probably remembered, even though the mood was Sharma Shama. I’m glad to have helped make a Conservative presence at least, so I can look the future in the face and say I tried.

Chatted to lotsa people, especially those handing out for Get Up, Greens, Labor, and some Libs too. There’s always a sort of bonhomie on the day as we all circle waving HTV’s as another victim approaches. Hairy won’t talk to Get Up at all and thinks I am insane to even try. I do it because I really like to know who they are and what they think. A lot of them are just dupes, the worried-well, concerned about something they know very little about. I gently and occasionally put them straight on a couple of things, but without risking the fragile friendships. I think it does some of them good to see that someone they can actually relate to holds some very very different views to theirs. Most live in bubbles. 🙂

We’ll be running the Cat tonight as well as two televisions. Will drop in if possible.
    Heading for a quick revival bubble bath now.
    Hairy just driven off to pick up all our corflutes and HTV’s before the cut off time of 6pm.

Fisky
    #3016029, posted on May 18, 2019 at 5:57 pm

If your assertion holds then the Libs win, right?

Richard Ferguson
    38 MINUTES AGO | 5.20pm
    Exit poll boost for Labor

The first exit poll of Election Night 2019 is in and it’s Labor 52 per cent to Coalition 48 per cent.

The Channel Nine/Galaxy exit poll is recording a 13-seat win for Bill Shorten with big gains in Victoria.

The poll has recorded health, education and climate change as the big issues for voters.

As always, take exit polls with a grain of salt. But Labor strategists will be slightly buoyed by this result.

Breaking, from the Oz.

32. Geriatric Mayfly

If Stumpy walks onto the victory podium and declares he will “Govern for all Australians,” his first lie as PM will be in the bag.

33. Fisky

Nope. Best case for Libs is hung parliament.

34. Des Deskperson

I was exit polled just now by telephone, I didn’t get the name of the company, but it wasn’t Galaxy’.

Fairly simple: was my first vote Lib/ ALP /Greens /other in (a) the reps and (b) the Senate?

Then, gender and age group.

35. Fisky

If Libs get 75 seats, Labor will form government. Every independent is a Labor stooge including Katter.

Monst

Who do you think will win. Like, what’s your prediction here? Stump up fella.

37. Speedbox

Evening all.

Although I think the Liars will win the HoR, I hope for a Senate that is flush with others such as Anning, AC’s, Rise Up, CD’s and assorted other conservatives to thwart the worst of the Liar’s promises.

If Tits can cobble together any kind of alliance with the socialists, we are truly finished.

38. Armadillo

Sportsbet offering $7.50 for Coalition now. Alas, no place bets available 😉

Cheeky pricks. The true odds are about 100/1. No one is going to buy that, unless it’s for $1

$7.50 and you might get some idiot who throws a hundred on them.

39. John Comnenus

My top is that Monster will be in tears by 10

40. min

Would not be surprised if there are boat loads of people waiting for a cruise to leave tomorrow if Labor wins.

41. Turtle of WA

Evening. This country is doomed.

John C

I want to predict Liars win, so it would a dead cert for the libs.

43. Habib

Watching the ABC, wall-to-wall marxist idiots, featuring Scrotum Head. All the rest are similarly configured, but I’m paying for these fuckers, and they’ll have a much bigger toys from the cot episode if Tits goes tits up. Lotsa beer on hand.

Wore my LDP shirt to the Ascot booth to piss off the Greens.

44. Fisky

Suspect ALP will beat the Libs by about 9 seats…

With all the pre-polls (25%) and postals, the result probably won’t be known for 2-3 weeks. Exit polls always reflect what the left and their excitable TV networks would like to happen.

46. DrBeauGan

If true, we’re phukt.

What’s with Annabelle Crabb and those ridiculous red specs. She looks like a horror show.

48. Nick

Whatever the result, you can be sure that if Labor win by even the smallest amount, the ABC will be trilling about their mandate.

49. Nick

What channel has the best panel ?

50. Armadillo

mOnts is masturbating. He needs to get his hand off it tell us what’s happening in US politics.

He’s been pretty silent on that.

51. Harlequin Decline

John,

In Warringah Steggall has been flooding the place with posters and stickers displaying all sorts of crap like ‘Vote Tony Out’ , ‘The Climate has Changed, Tony Hasn’t’ and so on.

4WD’s with ‘Stop Adani’ and “Vote Tony out’ seen cruising around with drivers oblivious to the irony.

Many groups of middle aged or older women placed at roundabouts shaking Steggall signs at all and sundry . Significant resources have been committed to her campaign.

However a good number of Liberal posters with volunteers out and about the last week or so.

She may get in on the middle aged female vote plus the voters who don’t care one way or the other but she has given many people the shits with the over the top displays so my view is that Tony may just hang on.

52. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

The left are willing to abuse democracy, for them its all about power by any means. If that means importing millions of m usloids, chicoms and punjabs to gain power then so be it. They have no respect for the country, for its citizens, the only thing they worship is power. The left has no legitimate right to be a political party due to its treasonous behaviour.

53. candy

Still think it will be very close. Scott Morrison has campaigned fantastically (though I don’t like him much).

Climate change seems a big issue. Just because it seems a pointless issue with policies that send power bills up doesn’t mean a lot of people rate it highly, especially the younger voters.
    I don’t know why but I find it hard to see Shorten lasting even if elected.

54. Speedbox

My local booth had quite a few ‘Stop Adani” and Greens dopes milling around.

So glad I proudly wore one of my mining polo shirts that had the embroidered name of the company on the front and a mining message on the back. Walked slowly past this group and made eye contact with each of them as I did so. Not a word was offered.

55. John Comnenus

Having a Democracy cigar and whiskey with my son and some of his mates who cast their first votes today. A bunch voted Libs.

Sportsbet offering $7.50 for Coalition now.

Sorry, but I don’t buy the mantra that “bookies always get it right”.
    All it indicates is low info punters reflecting what the breakfast TV ladies tell them.

57. Armadillo

What channel has the best panel ?

Any suggestions, please provide linky.

Every TV set in my house got dumped on the roadside after the last RGR fiasco.

58. John Comnenus

I hope you are right Harlequin

Watching the ABC, wall-to-wall marxist idiots, featuring Scrotum Head.

I am amused that the ABC has three wymminses, a butch lesbian and Arfur as their panel.
    Already my PC bingo card is showing signs of strain.
    Annabel Crabb seems to be morphing into Dame Edna.

It’s a chamber of horrors, Bruce

61. Anthony

Fleeced
    #3015991, posted on May 18, 2019 at 5:36 pm

So sad, so true.

62. Pete of Perth

Is Plumbers pm yet?

63. Geriatric Mayfly

A court card missing from the pack. Where’s Red Kez?

64. Pedro the Ignorant

Paul Murray has been in a good paddock.

Didn’t realise he was so fat.

Alan Jones wearing a lime green suit FFS and ranting about preferential voting.

Freak show

65. nb

JC #3016054, posted on May 18, 2019 at 6:10 pm
    ‘What’s with Annabelle Crabb and those ridiculous red specs.’
    She views the world through those red glasses.
    But, of course, there is no bias at the ABC.

candy #3016062, posted on May 18, 2019 at 6:14 pm
    ‘I don’t know why but I find it hard to see Shorten lasting even if elected.’
    Same here.

66. Turtle of WA

The greens and socialist alliance how-to-voters were standing together at my local booth. I explained that they were doing a great job of demonstrating the watermelon effect.

67. TBH

The first portent of doom was the lack of democracy sausages at my local polling place. Not good. By rights Labor should romp this in, but because they’ve got that slimy nutcase Shorten as leader it will be a bit closer. Morrison has done very well for mine and if he had anyone decent in his team and there hadn’t been the preceding years turmoil and backstabbing he’d be in with a decent chance here.

The best hope is for a hostile Senate to hold back the worst urges of the ALP and Greens.

Any poll claiming that is complete bollox. The voters always think mostly about their wallets … and a little bit about personality. Climate change is old hat now hardly anyone cares anymore.

69. Armadillo

LL has a point. We only “build a book”, guided by what the punters think.

However, I don’t see too many vegan or climate change warriors as punters. The serious/non-political money says that the Liberals are going to get flogged. Trust me. Serious punters have no feelings. None. The capitalist pigs.

70. EvilElvis

She looks like a horror show.

The sort of horror show I want to be in, rawwwwrrr!

Purely for er, um, reeducation and conversion to the ‘right’, er, purposes…

71. Elderly White Man From Skipton

My mates tell me we may lose Higgins and have lost Flinders, Warringah, Cowper and Farrer. So it is likely that Labor will have a comfortable majority. But no one is confident of the polling because the pre-poll is so large. My own instinct is that a lot of people made up their minds early and it’s not a good thing. But I guess many here will be pleased to see the Liberals lose.

72. nb

Tel #3016086, posted on May 18, 2019 at 6:28 pm
    ‘Climate change is old hat now hardly anyone cares anymore.’
    One survey will tell you the issue has dropped off the list of the top 25 things that concern the electorate.
    The next survey will tell you that 75% of people want urgent action on climate change.

73. Kae

Ihope we aren’t screwed, and the polls have mostly been of the left.

Hawke’s death on Thursday reminds me of Hurricane Sandy, which gifted Obama 48 hours of uninterrupted media promotion in 2012 and saved America from Mitt Romney.

75. The Beer Whisperer

We should have “Name drop lotto” for all the times Hawkie gets mentioned.

76. Kae

Fleeced
    I can’t tell you how disappointed I was one birthday near an election. September.

Dreadful.

77. Pedro the Ignorant

Pundits claiming that Phelps is blitzing it in Warringah with 0.15% of the vote counted.

My Tv is at risk of a lump of firewood going through it if this shit keeps up.

78. Eyrie

“Pundits claiming that Phelps is blitzing it in Warringah”
    ???wrong electorate.

79. Pedro the Ignorant

Wentworth not Warringah. Mea Culpa.

80. mh

A very narrow win for Labor rather than the expected moderate win will be a good result, as there will be a lot or resentment from within Labor ranks. Then Shorten will get knifed one year out from the next election.

81. None

The Australian Taxation Office will monitor donations given to Israel Folau’s church in a bid to ensure the money isn’t used to fund his expected legal challenge against Rugby Australia’s termination of his $4 million contract.

off topic but one needs to understand our public sector

82. None

Happy Birthday Fleeced, many happy returns!

83. mh

Latest from the SMH

0% counted
    ALP
    LNC
    GRN
    OTH

Whatever comes or goes, the Liberals have to arsehole Trumble from the party.
    He can spout his shit as much as he likes, but not as “Liberal insider”.

For those who don’t get Sky News on FTA you can get it on Sky Australia website. Just click on ‘watch’ and you’re golden.

86. Habib

That drooling cretin Oakeshott is on now, and has found a passel of congenital cowperites to assist his attempt at relevance and employment. Some places should be carpet bombed.

87. Des Deskperson

‘What’s with Annabelle Crabb and those ridiculous red specs.’

She is trying to look like Michelle Gratttan

88. None

Tony Abbott needs to win because if the lips lose he is the only person who can lead them out of the Wilderness of opposition and keep the other bastards honest it was always on the cards that WA would be critical for a league win and of course Julie Bishop has done sweet f a and I am pretty sure she has been promised something by Labor. The fact that Hickey resigned as US ambassador also speaks heaps. Abbott was loyal to hockey for much longer than Hockey deserved and paid the ultimate price for that.n Hockey is exemplified by his lap band surgery. No self discipline to diet; always looking for the easy way out.

mh

#3016103, posted on May 18, 2019 at 6:42 pm

Latest from the SMH

Bwah, ha, ha.
    The rural edition of The Aged yesterday missed Hawkey shuffling off.
    The Oz was all over it.
    I think they are printed in the same plant.
    I’ll bet the Oz pays for standby capacity for just such an occasion but Fewfacts doesn’t.
    (Ahem) … locked and loaded every night at 5:00 pm.

90. Ubique

Thanks Turtle, cheered me up no end!

Then Shorten will get knifed one year out from the next election.

What are the going to replace him with? Shorten has scorched the Earth … name one person from the ALP who was an outstanding performer in opposition (policies, personality, or any situational analysis).

92. Muddy

Ideally, the Liberals would be slaughtered and reduced to a novelty party, thus creating an opportunity for newbies to play in the space (after a damn solid bond clean), but it seems that many are not prepared to put in the work and are content with a 2/10 Liberal apathygasm instead.

Well and truly fluckt we iz.

93. Caveman

Dont get suckered in by the MSM…its people power,,, even if some are dumbfuks

94. Some History

Hoping for at least a slowing of the Gang Green.

Have come to terms with a probable win for the Labor Camp. We’ll be [metaphorically] stuffed into an industrial-strength bra, pressed up against man boobies. Yuk!

95. Monst

Who do you think will win. Like, what’s your prediction here? Stump up fella.

I am amazed that Morro got the poll margin back inside the MoE. It’s as if it’s been so long since he knifed Turnbull that voters have forgotten.

I am quietly unconfident.

96. EvilElvis

She is trying to look like Michelle Gratttan

That’s just blown that fantasy. Thanks Des….

Obama may now wish he’d lost. Living in a 4 x 3m cell for the rest of his life would not be fun…
    Signs today ain’t looking good for the conspirators.

98. More specifically, I see too many parallels between Shorten and Hillary. The Libs are on the nose but Bill doesn’t excite anyone.

I hope the decisive factor will be the Telly going the squirrel on his mum.

I am quietly unconfident

And Trump’s impeachment?
    How is that going?

Bruce of Newcastle
    #3016105, posted on May 18, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Thank you. Spears and Oak?

101. Robber Baron

My mate working a Kooyong booth thinks Josh is in big trouble. He has worked that booth for 3 elections.

102. Habib

Bill certainly failed to excite a young lady at a Young Pioneers event in the ‘90s.

103. Pedro the Ignorant

Oakeshott dribbling irrelevance, Sky has “audio problems” and cuts him off.
    Quelle surprise.

104. Nick

RB, I think Burnside has something like 30% of the vote counted. In Kooyong!!

Signs today ain’t looking good for the conspirators.

I doubt the Magic Teflon Negro will have his fingerprints on it.
    Clapper, Comey, Brennan, Strzok and co on the other hand …

Waleed backs 80s revival

Journalist and commentator Waleed Aly has predicted Labor will win 81 seats in the general election.

He told Channel 10 the ALP had a baseline seat count of 77-78 seats and may win several more.

He said the Coalition had been hampered by an ideological “civil war” and expected that Scott Morrison could only retain the prime ministership in a minority government scenario.

Breaking.

107. Ellie

Is this where the party is? I was looking for Carpe’s arseless chaps at the arse end of Wentworth (top of Oxford street, Paddo) and bumped into Phelps! Told her I’m right behind Sharma. She took it the wrong way!

Every independent is a Labor stooge including Katter.

109. Memoryvault

Jesus wept.
    There is no hope for some of you lot.

110. Having said that, I also see some parallels between Shorten and Howard. Both machine men, both cunning as shizenhousen rats, both working the centre (and sometimes the other side) in the name of pragmatism. If he gets in he could last as long as Howard, if he is as opportunist as Howard was, and I suspect he is that kind of politician.

111. Nick

Dutton’s primary vote is up ! Haha

112. Caveman

Libs lookin good. Pre poll I think will favour Libs , Tits said some dumb things early in the campaign.

113. Nick

Cats are asking Monty for his opinion, seriously ?

Oakeshott dribbling irrelevance, Sky has “audio problems” and cuts him off.

LMFAO.
    He of the Labya three stooges.

Usual suspect has appeared out the wilderness.

116. Habib

The Magic Mo has a similar inverse accuracy effect as Phatty and the late and unlamented Bob Ellis , hope it holds tonight.

Karma

118. Geriatric Mayfly

Reece looks gloomy. Good.

119. Habib

The Kattermites have inserted two truly awful labor governments in Qld, they are the enemy, their fans photoplankton.

120. None

Well Robber Baron I for one would not be sorry to see Josh go. He’s the biggest lap dog, a spineless individual who would sell out to the highest bidder and he’s a useless treasurer as well. The only time he shone and in fact the only time a few of them ever shone was in the first year or so of Abbott’s government. That’s when he did a good job with repealing useless legislation but he had to have his hand held as always. A Labor Greens government will be utterly destructive but I can’t say Frydenberg would have saved us. He is a f****** sellout.

121. BrettW

Here is hoping :
    Abbot and Dutton retain their seats

Julia Banks, Phelps, Oakshott, Sarah Hanson Young lose

Palmer does not make it although prefer him to a Green. Roberts in.

Jim Molan makes it.

Any seat where Get Up active then hopefully the candidate they are against wins.

FFS, Oakeshott’s mowing round doesn’t pay enough so he needs the AEC collect every so often.

123. Frank

Wonder if Tits has paid for the fireworks yet.

124. Twostix

3% swing against phon in maranoa +3% to uap. Wonder if it was a direct exchange.

Interesting.

125. I’d just like to say thanks to Jim Molan for really sticking the knife into the LNP and waggling it about. Capital job, couldn’t have done any better if he was a Labor plant.

Aspirational western Sydney ain’t looking good for Labor.
    Bill’s tax stuff gone down like cooties.

127. Crossie

There were no Liberal volunteers at the booth where I handed out AC HTV flyers, though Labor were there in force and a volunteer for Palmer’s party. There were several Liberal corflutes and one had a HTV stuck over it. Granted it’s a safe Labor seat but Libs always covered all booths.

Two Lib volunteers arrived two hours late, hung around for a bit and then left. The Labor guy said he heard they had problems getting volunteers.

I did a lot of business, I think some people may have thought I was handing out Lib HTV even though I kept repeating my slogan to vote AC for Senate.

128. one old bruce

Well, Monty is distancing himself from the results, sitting on the fence with his ‘both are machine men’ comment, so he’s not hopeful of winning.

129. Oh come on

The ABC’s slavering over Antony Green is barf-inducing.

130. None

Oh I’m serious MV it’s one reason there’s been so many resources thrown at Warringah to boot Tony out. Why such intense million dollar activity against a backbencher if he’s supposedly washed out and a dinosaur? Because they fear him that’s why.

131. Nick

Palmer preferences may make a big difference for the Libs

132. Top Ender

Oz call with 15% counted:

Liberal / Coalition16
    Labor4
    The Greens0
    Centre Alliance0
    KAP0
    Independent2
    UAP0
    One Nation0

133. Crossie

He owes them nothing after the way they treated him. Turnbull did his best to get rid of him but ScoMo let it continue. Definitely not cool.

I don’t know why he remains with them.

134. Infidel Tiger

Victoria. Scum bag state. Nuke it.

135. Twostix

But then a +14% swing to phon around toowoomba.

Poor numbers he must be a real outcast.

136. dover_beach

You would barely learn a campaign staffer was stabbed by a lunatic last night while wreaking adverts watching any of the news/ polling shows.

137. Oh come on

It’s a pity they both can’t lose. I’m hoping for a Labor win today, as I reckon the Labor win in three years will be massively more destructive to the country.

138. Notafan

Been told pre-poll was 35 to 40 percent.

We got barely over a thousand through our booth.

4 til 6 very quiet.

I may have stuffed up the next volunteer be taking my htv cards with me this morning for my afternoon shift.

Too late now.

I

139. Memoryvault

Because they fear him that’s why.

Why?

140. Mark M

So, Abbott’s gone.

A victim of belief in some sort of global warming action.

Scomo still PM next Saturday as counting continues?

142. Habib

Victoria is the arsehole of Australia, and Tasmania is what popped out of it. That said it looks like there’s a swing in web-toe territory.

143. Crossie

None
    #3016159, posted on May 18, 2019 at 7:09 pm

He is still popular with Lib voters though large parts of the blue ribbon Lib seats are now more green than blue. The realignment started some time ago and will accelerate by the next election. The richer the area the greener it will be, when money is no object you can virtue signal to your heart’s contents. Everywhere else people still react to their hip pocket nerve.

Tony is simply in a wrong electorate.

144. dover_beach

There are some just people in Victoria, IT, praying for Queensland to save us.

145. Ubique

Fremantle had a Liberal candidate in Nicole Robins. In 2016, such was the sense of despair under Turnbull, the Libs didn’t even bother fielding a candidate in Freo. I had a chat with a bloke hanging out HTV cards at the Tricolore club house in East Freo, and told him I reckoned Nicole Robins was a good candidate. That brought a smile to his face. It turned out I was having a chat with Nicole’s dad.

146. lotocoti

Victoria. Scum bag state. Nuke it.

Just cut the interties with the coal states.
    They can learn to love their green new dreams.

147. Philippa Martyr

A lovely gent from the AusCons, with a big white beard, was handing out how to vote cards at my local polling booth.

I went up and asked him for one specially, and told him I was a founding member.

I really should have worn my Founding Member pin from the AusCons.

148. Habib

Sinodonis is still a treacherous Photios insurgent. The fact Howard pumped his tires says all you need know about that poisonous dwarf.

149. Philippa Martyr

Ubique, I feel your pain, as you know.

But the previous attempt by Sherry Sufi and his sudden replacement did not exactly end well.

150. Nick

Philippa, I miss Bob Ellis and the bear, always the bear

151. dover_beach

Penny Wong is one the most passive-aggressive politicians we’ve seen in a long time.

152. Twostix

Small swing to libs on the sushine coast.

153. Rebel with cause

Tas would probably have been +3 to the Libs if the MSM hadn’t had a meltdown over the Liberal Lyons candidate’s anti-Islam facebook posts

Oz call, with 24% counted -19 Coalition, 14 to Labor, 2 Independents and 1 Green.

155. None

Libs can only win with Palmer prefs. They need about 41% primary to get over the line and since they were running around 39% they need super duper lots of friends. They shut out one nation, conservatives etc which means they see the latter as threats and the latter will go nowhere. Mind you I did warn and warn right from the get-go that Ashby would be Pauline Hanson’s downfall. You have to listen to me people.

Cross – TA would attract same getup no matter where. If people think they are safe from ALP, good, they will get taken too.

157. Caveman

So, Abbott’s gone.

Pre poll, dont know what percentage that is. But would not axe him yet.

158. Twostix

Ipswich goes lib??

Uhoh.

159. Robber Baron

Andrew Bolt talking total shite now on Sky. He thinks Libs will lose. With his Montyesque judgement they might hang on.

160. Pedro the Ignorant

Tassie double headed voters going agin the grain.

Early swing to Libs. Must be peddling the good meth down there this week.

161. pete m

WTF blair held by labor by 8% just fell to libs!

162. BrettW

Sinodinos clearly thinks Turnbull would have done better than ScoMo coming into this election.

What planet is he from ?!

163. Philippa Martyr

Philippa, I miss Bob Ellis and the bear, always the bear

It was a small bear cub. But thank you for listening.

But then a +14% swing to phon around toowoomba.

Poor numbers he must be a real outcast.

Gold!

165. Habib

I live in the most affluent electorate in Qld, and the greens couldn’t get arrested here. They were being openly mocked at the booth I attended, mostly by me but many others either ignored them or looked upon them as a servant who’d cracked the dunny in the guest house by dropping a faberge egg in the bowl.

166. None

Oh yes Dover. I laugh and laugh when I hear people say she’s such a nice person blah blah. Penny Wong is 100% prize bitch, a real hetero hater she really can’t stand breeders, she’s not a great fan of Homo men over and would stab her own grandmother.

167. Ubique

Thanks Philippa, it takes stoicism and steadfastness to be a conservative down our way. Keep smiling!

168. Pedro the Ignorant

Bolta on Sky (wearing a truly disgusting multicoloured tie) having two bob each way.

169. None

What planet is he from ?!

as I also keep saying, deport the Greeks.

170. Twostix

Blair holds Ipswich, 10% swing afainst the alp.

The old working classes know you hate us Labor. We know who you represent now.

171. Memoryvault

+100 Crossie. Not that it makes any difference.
    The Socialist Progressive Uniparty (SPU) will win in a landslide.

172. Rebel with cause

Tas could have been +3 to the Libs if their Lyons candidate didn’t get done for anti-Islam facebook posts.

173. lotocoti

Small swing to libs on the sushine coast.

Further up the road, they’re edging towards +6%.

174. mh

If Libs hang on Bolt will say that he knew Shorten was electoral poison. He’s shameless.

175. Pedro the Ignorant

LOl Habib.

The Greens in my rural electorate are as popular as a fox in the chookshed.

Poor beardy bugger handing out HTV today was nearly in tears at all the rejection from the yokels.

176. Crossie

Yep, Victorian voters will delivers us to Shorten.

Julie Bishop offers the bleedingly obvious observation on ABC:

“People in central QLD don’t trust Labor to deliver on Adani.”

178. None

Good to see you around again Habib. +100 on Sinodinos and Howard.

179. Oh come on

m0nty is predictably wrong about Shorten. He is a deeply unpopular figure throughout the electorate, and there’s a pretty solid chance he’ll be a one term PM if the ALP forms government.

Labor should be absolutely crushing it this election – the fact it’s looking like a squeaker is largely down to Shorten. If Albo were leader, we’d be witnessing a Labor landslide today.

180. Would not be surprised to see a realignment similar to in America where the conservative party becomes a rump appealing only to a permanent (white, rural) minority and hoping to jag wins through gerrymanders, natural or forced. Not sure that strategy will work as well here.

181. Colonel Crispin Berka

I ordered my OSINT division of the King’s Fusiliers Corp to evaluate these warring factions for potential electoral recruitment. “Geez you coulda started this task earlier than 11am on Election Day, Berka!” was the immediate feedback, but I told the troops not to get their refresher towlettes in a knot and to press on doing the best they could in the limited time frame.
    The most difficult decision, and so the most needed intel, was on the HoR-house parties. Due to time, only party policies could be evaluated, not individual candidates.

(At this point I’ll skip the assessment details and jump to the moral upshot.)
    I would never have predicted I would vote the way I did today, an awful thing to have to do, but I wouldn’t have to do it if the LINOs had been heading in the right direction on energy and rights.

182. None

Victorians are without a doubt f****** stupid. Exhibit A: Daniel Andrews. One in the family runs a business there and shakes his head and can’t believe people vote for such shite but then I point out that’s because everyone votes like his wife.

183. one old bruce

I have actually sat in the room where Abbott sat when he left the seminary, and first got the idea to turn to politics as his next step (so local legend goes, I wasn’t there but a close friend was). Sad to see him lose to such a bunch of scumbags.

If tits wins victoriastan will have done it. And in accordance to a more blunt post moderated by way of alternative the delightful Ms Steggalls appears to have beaten Mr Abbott.

185. pete m

alp only getting 4 seats in ALL of Qld.

WTF is wrong with the rest of the country?

186. 2BePerfectlyFrancis

Cannot wait for Bill Shortven to head off to the White House to meet “Barking Mad ” POUTS

187. mh

ABC Anthony Green saying that the votes coming in do not reflect the exit polls in any way.

188. Labor should be absolutely crushing it this election – the fact it’s looking like a squeaker is largely down to Shorten.

Agreed, that’s what I said.

If Albo were leader, we’d be witnessing a Labor landslide today.

Not really. Can you imagine the leftist policies he would have run with? The Oz would have had a field day, and it would have worked. Hewson all over again.

189. BrettW

Green saying the early trend is Coalition doing better than expected and not reflecting the predictions.

Qld seems to be doing their bit to keep Coalition.

Not looking good for Abbot. Josh looks safe.

And the good dr phelps also will hold. My fervent wish is the good burghers in the seats of Manly and Wentworth experience long and sustained blackouts.

191. pete m

maybe now tony will join ACs?

192. Twostix

Yes monty the republicans who control 2/3 of american states, the presidency and senate are a “rump”

193. Oh come on

So Sinodinos is parroting ABC talking points. No one else is claiming that Morro’s problem is that he axed Trumble.

194. littledozer

Coalition primary holding at 40.8%

Very surprised at that 11.6% counted, might drop a bit as metro big booths come in but very encouraging

195. None

Bolta is quite Dutch in many ways.

Yeah, but apart from heteros, gay men, women with chikdren and her grandmother, she is OK with everyone else, right?

197. Oh come on

198. None

I used to trust Anthony green until last week.

199. Er, m0nty. Have you had a look at the ALP platform? I doubt Albo would have put up something significantly more radical than that.

I am pretty confident Albo would have pushed the envelope a lot more than Shorten did. Otherwise what were they fighting over the leadership for?

Julia Banks picking up a participation ribbon
    No third dividend darling.

201. None

Good grief people calling it an hour or so after polls closed have they even closed in WA?

202. Pedro the Ignorant

Michael Kroger sticks a stealthy knife in GetUps back over Tony Abbott’s likely loss of his seat to the blonde bimbo.

203. Twostix

Longman another working class area going back to the libs.

The working man doesnt trust bugman shorten!

Chinese voters in Chisholm appear to be leaning towards teaching school kids the benefits of sodomy and tax increases (and more parental visas).

Our democracy is officially stuffed.

Another twenty minutes, to go

206. Percy Popinjay

Yabbott’s political career is brown bread.

207. Pedro the Ignorant

…..have they even closed in WA?

22 minutes to go.

208. Rebel with cause

Abbott will likely be able to do more damage to leftists outside of Parliament.

209. Habib

Pravda on Air are looking a bit like someone shat in the punch bowl, Qld is delivering the business. These incompetents might even get a majority. Which means no purge. We’re fucked either way, I wanted a hung house and a bloodbath. The Chook might tip out Abbott, no loss if she’s utterly irrelevant and those north shore knobbers deserve no better.

FMD.
    Dig up Arfur Calwell and he would be more animated than Shorten.
    Albo simply looks a little more aufentic.

211. JMH

I imagine Steggall will be sitting as close as she can to the Green grunt, BanDIT in the HoR!

Amazing; a model of rectitude and community service in Abbott gets beaten by an airhead sponsored by international socialist players while tits with a live r.pe allegation against him will become PM.

None
    #3016235, posted on May 18, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Projections!

214. Ryan

How can Warringah be called so early? Postal votes and prepoll would heavily favour TA and there were a hell of a lot of those in Warringah

215. Pedro the Ignorant

Snap Zulu.

Are you dug in for the evening with a bottle and a good log fire?

216. Rebel with cause

Liberals could of probably got +3 in Tas if it wasn’t for MSM blow up about their Lyons candidate facebook posts about a certain religion of peace

217. Crossie

Then the rich of Queensland are different to those on Sydney’s north shore.

218. Memoryvault

Sad to see him lose to such a bunch of scumbags.

Why?
    The guy lied to the electorate so many times eventually everybody got got lost in the plot.
    Including Abbott.

219. None

Haha Daily Telegraph has got 32 liberals 24 labor with a .89 percent swing to Libs. I hope there are a few heart attacks around the traps before those figures change.

220. PK

#monty
    That’s the type of stuff that we used to get sent out as kids to pick up behind the horsedrawn baker’s van.

221. BrettW

Greg Hunt ahead. Banks no chance.

222. Oh come on

The only thing that can be said for Abbott was that he was better than Trumble and Morro. It’s nothing to admire.

223. Percy Popinjay

Apologies – couldn’t see the comment.

Not looking good for the gliberals.

224. iamok

My fervent wish is that Shortone does not win. However, if he does my other fervent wish is that the knife he has used so well on others to get where he is, is firmly planted in his flabby back as soon as possible. He is a dog.

225. Caveman

If ScoMo pulls this off, Tits face will be priceless.

Rebel with cause
    #3016250, posted on May 18, 2019 at 7:40 pm

MSM blow up, I am shocked!

227. Muddy

maybe now tony will join ACs?

Kudos to his community work, but the man no longer has anything to offer to conservative politics.
    Move on, people.

Snap Zulu.

Are you dug in for the evening with a bottle and a good log fire?

I am, indeed, Pedro – just refilled the inside woodbox, and wine o’clock is coming up.

229. None

The Daily Telegraph is actually saying that Tony Abbott has lost his seat. WTF?

230. Abbott will likely be able to do more damage to leftists outside of Parliament.

Just like Campbell Newman!

231. BrettW

Wayne Swan old seat of Lilly interesting.

Good swings to LNP in Qld.

Go Adani ! Thanks Anna and Jackie.

Looks like Abbot gone which is sad to see.

Muddy
    #3016262, posted on May 18, 2019 at 7:44 pm
    maybe now tony will join ACs?

Move on, people.

Another GetUp ‘success!

If ScoMo pulls this off, Tits face will be priceless.

I’m imagining the dummy spit from Lord Waffle, both father and son.

234. mh

Whatever happens from here, Shorten cannot last until the next election.

235. Burnt Stump

I handed out HTV cards for the Aus Conservatives, in Melbourne today. I was at the booth on my own, but quite surprised by the pleasant response from many people. I expect a Labor disaster over next few years, but at least I can say I did my bit.

236. Pedro the Ignorant

Richo on Sky gloomy.

Glass half empty type.

237. Habib

Been out of the loop for two weeks on deployment, and fortunately missed most of the bollocks. The collective on the ABC reckon Abbott no longer reflects his electorate, and rightly so. His electorate are fuckwits who deserve a labor-green diarchy that will ruthlessly loot them and march them off to labour camps. Soft, spoiled parasites.

238. John64

Liars getting smashed in Qld.

Libs getting slaughtered in Vic.

Libs +2 in Tassie.

Hard to see either of them getting to 76 at this stage.

239. A Political Obituary For Tony Abbott:

Piss off Tony, you weirdo.

Signed, Australia.

240. Ryan

In the Victorian election there were heavy swings back to the Libs in blue ribbon seats in the days following Election night due to prepoll and postal votes. Can only imagine that trend will be even more prevalent in places like Warringah and Wentworth this time around.

1 2 3 13