After the election, TAFKAS has a couple of questions:
- Which commentator and when will claim Clive Palmer spent $1 billion on the election? Thus far, TAFKAS has heard estimates of $50, $60, $70, $80 and $90 million.
- How long will it take for Bill Shorten to take a fat cat job at a big end of town organisation and to not pay his fair share of tax?
- Will Peter Fitzsimons bandanna be able to contain his brain when his head explodes?
- Will Paul Keating finally get the message about his economic policy prowess, as channeled through Chris Bowen, and finally ride off quietly into the sun set?
- How long before it becomes official Labor Party policy to criminalise criticisms of its policies and to seek to withdraw NewsCorps “social licence to operate”?
- Who will be the first Labor official to use the word “deplorables” in their explanation of the election results?
Just a couple more questions:
- When and in what form will Kevin Rudd interpose himself in this post-election? Will he run for parliament again?
- Will the Greens learn anything from this election? (ok – we all know the answer to that one).
- Will the ABC learn anything from this election? (ok – we all know the answer to that one also).