Monday Forum: May 27, 2019

3,364 Responses to Monday Forum: May 27, 2019

1 12 13 14

BELGIUM: Doctors at Royal Academy of Medicine say parents who raise their children as vegans should be prosecuted
    10:17 AM · May 19, 2019

You don’t have to go that far.
    Case here a couple of weeks ago of a grossly underweight 18 month old with brittle teeth because dad insisted on a vegan diet.
    They are fucking lunatics.
    And don’t start me on people who insist their cat or dog is a vegan or vegetarian.

2. Roberto

Mark A

OK, a trivial factoid.

Did you know, that there is only one country between Finland and North Korea?

If you’re flying from one to the other over Russia.

3. Knuckle Dragger

Arky,

It’s Keno, not ‘Keano’.

A five spot gets you $620. A ten spot and you’re a millionaire.

And the Saints play on Sunday.

Please pay attention.

4. Stimpson J. Cat

Honestly you nerds disgust me.
    It’s a Friday night and you could be at the strippers where you have proof that God exists AND is Good.
    F$cking disgraceful.

5. Arky

Oh God. He’s crying about the dog.
    What a humourless douche.

6. MatrixTransform

F$cking disgraceful.

…and god wants at least one eye-patch back. stat

7. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

What’s the argument? That you could measure the variables down to the last atom’s weight, and the last molecular interaction in the spring, but that at a certain set of conditions it would still be 50/50?

correct. in reality everything seems to be probability, there is always variation

it might be possible to build a coin tosser such that its likely error rate exceeds the expected lifetime of the universe, but even that doesn’t preclude you seeing an actual coin toss miss. however if you saw 2 or more misses you would have to start to question your initial assumptions.

it’s exactly around this whole inaccuracy thing that I found physics pracs incredibly tedious.

8. Knuckle Dragger

Wait for it, Arky.

You’ll thank me in the morning.

9. Black Ball

Stimpson I proved that God exists by placing Carlton into eternal purgatory due to salary cap breaches. As you were.

10. Stimpson J. Cat

Oh God. He’s crying about the dog.
    What a humourless douche.

Look, just because you have Asian relatives that eat dog does not mean you have to be unsympathetic to their plight.
    Show some compassion.
    Also he’s Canadian, they are sensitive.

11. Knuckle Dragger

‘incredibly tedious’

Well, speaking of which, I…..

No. Carry on with the cat staring contest.

12. Armadillo

Honestly you nerds disgust me.

They are trying to over blokes night. It’s disgraceful.

Must be nice to be so certain.

Well, it’s better than being womanish.

14. Knuckle Dragger

God failed to smite Wayne Harmes in 1979, BB.

I continue on though, Job-like.

15. MatrixTransform

Teacher’s Highland Cream is vastly underrated.

just sayin’

16. Mitch M.

Cory Bernardi must be God because he hides himself and expects people to know Him.

17. Armadillo

#3031237, posted on May 31, 2019 at 10:36 pm

Eggy, what the hell was that?

18. Farmer Gez

Go watch The Piano or Once Were Warriors.
    They are more your speed.

My wife made me watch The Piano with her at the cinema.
    I was cheering for the piano to take her to the bottom. When she got loose I said “bugger” loud enough for the other suffering males near us to hear. Much laughter from the lads and dirty looks from the girls.

19. Stimpson J. Cat

Trying to logically prove or disprove the existence of God or Gods is ridiculous, because EVERY God or God’s were clearly created by what we can clearly define as Mentally Ill people, and can only be communicated with by Mentally Ill people.
    This has been true throughout the entirety of recorded history.
    Mental Illness is not logical.
    If this statement is untrue, then all of you Sane people need to rather drastically change the definitions of Mental Illness, and join me.
    😁

Teacher’s Highland Cream is vastly underrated.

Blended malts are fit only for the treatment of skin infections in human beings, and blowfly strike in Merino sheep. They were never meant for human consumption.

Single malts from the Speyside, or Islay are the only whiskies fit to be drunk by gentlemen.

21. John Constantine

Manifestation of the numinous.

Home team looking pretty good.

22. MatrixTransform

that may be the case but 3x Teachers = 1x Caol Isla.

needs must

23. John Constantine

Chris Gayle swings so hard he puts his back out.

Old age sucks.

24. MatrixTransform

…and the missus drinks Pinot.
    so what am I gonna do?
    Expensive old mole.
    gonna trade her in on 2 x 25yo ?
    FFS

25. Knuckle Dragger

OK, I’ve changed my mind.

The Pakis are just retards. Stand down, people.

what the hell was that?

Kulcha.

27. Knuckle Dragger

Matrix,

Yes. A rotating au pair arrangement.

Stimpson J. Cat
    #3031250, posted on May 31, 2019 at 10:48 pm

Agreed, add hallucinations induced purposely by certain substances to imitate the above condition in order to speak with them.

29. Arky

Most stupid and charmless movie ever.

30. Armadillo

My wife made me watch The Piano with her at the cinema.

I made the same mistake going to watch “Pretty Woman”. Titles are deceiving. She was a fucking hooker FFS.

I kept yelling out to the lead role bloke “Open your eyes dude, she’s a fucking hooker”.

Missus wasn’t too happy. How did it end?

31. dover_beach

See LL at 9:57. Just for an example where your causality is quite definitely not predicated. My statement does not contain any metaphysics, it predicates nothing. It is a definition of a prediction.

LL at 9.57 trades on a concept of causation which is why he can exclude someone’s mere looking east as the cause of the sun rising . Moreover, your definition does contain metaphysics, it isn’t a mere definition of a prediction, but of prediction per se. You are implying that predictions involve a relation between ‘doing certain things’ and ‘observing certain things’.

Doubtful. If you incline to the theory that the Earth rotates on its axis and throw in assumptions about the latitude and longitude of the observer, you can deduce the consequence of seeing the sun rise without any causes. Of course, you can insist on the rotation of the earth as “causing” the sunrise if you are desperate. Which you are.

Not at all. Why would insisting on the rotation of the earth as the ’cause’ of the sun rising be desperate when you ‘incline’ to a theory of the Earth rotating on its axis? Further, how is the rotation of the Earth on its axis causeless?

32. DrBeauGan

Missus wasn’t too happy. How did it end?

Badly.

33. MatrixTransform

dover_beach … Flat-Earther.

didya bring whiskey?

34. MatrixTransform

rotating au pair arrangement.

the problem is that it isnt linear.
    its a square function.
    2 off == 2 x 2 == 4 times the drama

…I cant afford that much whiskey

Dear God will this thread ever end.

36. Armadillo

Manifestation of the numinous.

Best catch of all time? I’m calling bullshit. More like a slips fielder with 5 seconds to see it coming.

37. Stimpson J. Cat

These people are clearly all gay try hard losers, jealous of the close relationship my people have always had with God(s).
    😁
    They are no better than Buddhists who think shaving their heads and wearing orange will lead them to Enlightenment.

38. Sinclair Davidson

In 55 minutes

39. Stimpson J. Cat

How did it end?

George Costanza was the bad guy, as usual.

40. Armadillo

Dear God will this thread ever end.

JC is paying Sinc to direct traffic to his hotline.

41. MatrixTransform

In 55 minutes

…like waiting for the Piano to end

42. Crossie

I did not know that after all the rhetoric during the campaign about the big end of town Shorten invited Anthony Pratt to his election night party. That’s what you call chutzpah or even hubris. I’m glad that Nemesis noticed it as well. Or as another Labor figure said “How sweet it is”.

This is the most fun I’ve had post election since the 70s.

43. Sinclair Davidson

Hello Ellie.

44. Ellie

55 minutes until what?

45. Ellie

Good evening, Doomlord.

46. Mitch M.

Cancer Research Points to Key Unknowns about Popular “Antiaging” Supplements

Zippy, Fleeced,

This relates to NMN and NR. Based on cell energetics I had a suspicion about this but was unaware of any supporting evidence. None yet but cancer researchers have suggested caution. We can’t be sure but one of the big generic problems with antiaging strategies is many people over 50 have pre-cancerous or cancerous cells in their body. Microtumours are probably present. Supplements that support energy generation may have the perverse effect of preventing dangerous cells become senescent and becoming cancerous because senescent cells don’t divide. Rescuing senescent cells is the last thing we want to do and perhaps NMN and NR do that.

This type of finding is not new. Another popular supplement N A cysteine, which promotes the major antioxidant pathway in mitochondria thereby improving energy generation, has also been implicated for increasing cancer risk.

47. Sinclair Davidson

Until the end.

Not 45 seconds of ecstasy 55 minutes of the open forum.

48. Armadillo

Sinc, binge drinking on Fridays is no excuse for this cruel and unusual treatment.

49. Ellie

Are we counting down to some sort of climax?

50. Crossie

In 55 minutes

At a loose end, Prof Davidson?

51. DrBeauGan

Most of you blokes are obviously pissed. Despite having consumed half a bottle of plonk, I alas am not. So I’m going to bed.

52. dover_beach

dover_beach … Flat-Earther.

I’m a flat-earther? Really?

53. Sinclair Davidson

More like a new beginning.

Not the little death.

54. Stimpson J. Cat

I’m a flat-earther? Really?

Welcome my brother, welcome.

55. MatrixTransform

Microtumours are probably present

ffs. kill me now so I dont have to work tomorrow

56. memoryvault

Gee three hours away and the God Botherers and the Godless Heathens are still at each other.

57. Knuckle Dragger

‘some sort of climax’

PHR……

Ah, forget it. Got my one in for the day, and if I may say so in goddamn trying circumstances too.

58. Knuckle Dragger

le petit mort…..

Good times.

Stimpson J. Cat
    #3031289, posted on May 31, 2019 at 11:15 pm

I’m a flat-earther? Really?

Welcome my brother, welcome.

‘sactly. The idea that you can stand upright on a ball/sphere and not fall off unless you’re a circus artist is ridiculous. Of course the earth is flat.

60. MatrixTransform

I’m a flat-earther?

too serious.
    c’mon, have a whiskey

61. Ellie

What about some belly dancing?

62. Sinclair Davidson

What songs do you have in mind?

63. Arky

I alas am not. So I’m going to bed.

So your sobriety is the cause of your retirement to bed?

64. Armadillo

Or as another Labor figure said “How sweet it is”.

A honey bath is the ALP version of a glass ceiling.

65. Crossie

Get a grip people, the new open thread kicks in at 12:01 am as most open threads do. That’s what the countdown is heading towards.

66. areff

55 minutes in peekin’

67. Crossie

Ellie
    #3031298, posted on May 31, 2019 at 11:19 pm
    What about some belly dancing?

Little Egypt by Elvis.

68. Sinclair Davidson

Yes. Belly dancing. I offered to do the belly dancing at my 18 year olds birthday party and she suggested that she’d have to drink a lot of alcohol!

69. memoryvault

Bloody Nora. 7 degrees and falling outside and it’s not even midnight.
    I feel a record overnight low coming on.

Deport the communist cow.

Merkel attacks Trump’s unilateral world view in Harvard speech

She’s lucky East Germany wasn’t nuked during the cold war because if there were ever a bunch that deserved it, it was the East Germans. They were total scum during the cold war and in fact inflamed tensions even more by pushing the Russians towards a harder ideological line.

71. MatrixTransform

So your sobriety is the cause of your retirement to bed?

Arky acts sober

72. Knuckle Dragger

‘Get a grip people’

PHRASING!

(h/t Archer)

73. Crossie

areff
    #3031304, posted on May 31, 2019 at 11:20 pm
    55 minutes in peekin’

The spelling leaves a lot to be desired.

74. Sinclair Davidson

Ellie – noice.

75. Armadillo

I need your thoughts on betting markets being used to hold politicians to account.

It’s should be a distraction until this thread dies a welcome death. No one will attend the funeral.

76. Sinclair Davidson

These days people do burpees to thunderstruck.

77. Knuckle Dragger

The other, unelected EU quisling, Juncker, is apparently on his way out.

His final drunken junkets should be to Hungary and Poland, where the locals will give him a decent send-off.

78. Crossie

memoryvault
    #3031307, posted on May 31, 2019 at 11:22 pm
    Bloody Nora. 7 degrees and falling outside and it’s not even midnight.
    I feel a record overnight low coming on.

I wouldn’t be surprised.

In our younger days we would have packed up the kids, jumped into the Tarago and headed for Perisher for the weekend. Alas those days are long gone.

79. Armadillo

Sinc, please ban Stimpy.

Sinc, please ban Stimpy.

So he should be. I’ve seen a real, live Turkish belly dancer, in a nightclub in Istanbul, and the lady added a new meaning to the words “Shake your booty.”

81. Knuckle Dragger

‘in a nightclub in Istanbul’

Yeah right. One of them therapeutic nightclubs.

82. memoryvault

Perisher is a bloody long drive from south east QLD, Crossie.
    It’s supposed to be sub-tropical up here.

83. Crossie

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #3031322, posted on May 31, 2019 at 11:36 pm
    Sinc, please ban Stimpy.

This is what I don’t get about Islam , either all women are belly dancers or none are. Any religion that accommodates a double standard is not a religion, see ancient Greece and Rome.

Yeah right. One of them therapeutic nightclubs.

Try not to judge everyone by your own standards, KD, it’s not a good look.

85. memoryvault

Incidentally, commenting on some posts earlier while I was watching Wik 2 –

The sun does not “rise in the east” regardless of which way you are facing.
    The Earth rotates to the east. The sun just sits there not giving a damn.

86. Percy Popinjay

I am existing within a micro-climate within my ‘oose

Thanks Gerbil Worming! 🙁

87. Crossie

Perisher is a bloody long drive from south east QLD, Crossie.
    It’s supposed to be sub-tropical up here.

Memoryvault, even from Sydney it’s six hours but if you start at 3 am you get there by 9 or 10 am, have a great time and then drive to Jindabyne, check into Station Resort, Marlborough Hotel or Nuggets Crossing and have a good dinner. The next morning hit the slopes again and head home after lunch. Of course, school holidays were more leisurely and if the weather was bad you visited Yarrangobilly caves or the hydro power stations.

Stimpy, this time you’ve gone too far.
    Ban yourself for 48 hours.

89. Knuckle Dragger

Apologies, Zulu.

Merely tried (and apparently failed) to mix in a bit of current events. I thought using ‘them’ rather than ‘those’ might have tipped people off. Wasn’t my intention to touch a nerve.

I shall retire.

90. Armadillo

Anyone want to bet on the temperature five years out? Ten years out?

Your Government does, with YOUR money. Let the lobby groups “pony up first”, with their OWN cash. Not YOURS.

How about the corporates put their money where their mouth is sans Government subsidies? If “NO ACTION” is catastrophic, it should be a good bet for them. Money for jam. These guys will make an absolute motza on it.

Every claim they make, every cent you take.

91. Crossie

Regarding the hydro power stations, in the early 80s, Tumut 2 was open to the public and you were taken with a little train into the bowels of the Snowy Mountains to view the operation deep underground. Sadly these days you can only view Murray 2 and Tumut 3 that are rather pedestrian.

92. memoryvault

I had my exposure to snow and skiing when we lived in Mt Beauty, Crossie.
    Up the hill to Falls Creek was less than half an hour.

Marilyn loved it as did #1 son (three at the time).
    But I wasn’t all that keen.

I think I’m allergic to cold.
    I’m very much a sun and surf man.

93. Percy Popinjay

Grate. Nothing like a bit o’ consistency, I tells ya!

94. Armadillo

Stimpy, this time you’ve gone too far. Ban yourself for 48 hours.

Seems rather lenient. He will grant himself a sentence reduction to 24 minutes and demand compensation on the grounds of insanity.

95. Crossie

Every claim they make, every cent you take.

Reminiscent of The Police where they’ll be watching you.

I’ll take a punt on the temps in the next 10 years. They will be more extreme in winter and summer which means that the Earth’s tilt will remain or tilt even further.

96. Crossie

memoryvault
    #3031334, posted on May 31, 2019 at 11:57 pm
    I had my exposure to snow and skiing when we lived in Mt Beauty, Crossie.
    Up the hill to Falls Creek was less than half an hour.

Marilyn loved it as did #1 son (three at the time).
    But I wasn’t all that keen.

My husband and the girls loved skiing and were good at it, I seemed to have more affinity with drinking hot chocolate and reading the newspapers until they joined me for lunch.

97. Fisky

Liberals Who Learned About White Privilege Became Less Sympathetic to Poor Whites

But their attitudes toward poor blacks remained unchanged, according to a study.

“What we found startling was that white privilege lessons didn’t increase liberals’ sympathy for poor Black people,” writes Erin Cooley, one of the study’s authors and an assistant professor of psychology at Colgate University, in an explanatory post for Vice. “Instead, these lessons decreased liberals’ sympathy for poor white people, which led them to blame white people more for their own poverty. They seemed to think that if a person is poor despite all the privileges of being white, there must really be something wrong with them.”

This proves that “white privilege” is a scam, invented by the solely for the purpose of destroying the only revolutionary force that has the proven ability to keep the corporations in check – the white working class.

98. Armadillo

Percy, that bloke wouldn’t want to wander into a shearing shed.

The lyrics are what they are. Idiotic.

99. Stimpson J. Cat

It’s OK guys, there is still hope.
    I believe in my ni$$as.

LL at 9.57 trades on a concept …

Nobody speaks for LL except LL.
    What LL at 9:57 was trying to do was to de-rail the runaway philosophy express.

101. OCO:

Haha it is true! And this is actually no joke. The vegans are a genuine threat to public safety and they will only become more dangerous. If you have decided that an animal such as a chicken and a human should be afforded identical rights, then of course you will feel justified in taking violent action to prevent the chicken [email protected] that goes on at Steggles and Ingham every day. You would view your actions as being as justifiable as the allied liberation of the [email protected] zi death camps in 1944-1945.

There are Vegans who already think and believe that they are akin to the Liberators of Dachau.
    Madder than Stimpy and more dangerous than a Stimpy with a box of matches and a drum of accelerant.

102. Let me guess.
    There’s a new open thread and no one has told me.
    …and here’s me sitting in the old OT playing with my matchbox cars.
    Sad.