Open Forum: June 15, 2019

2,314 Responses to Open Forum: June 15, 2019

1 2 3 10
  1. BrettW

So how is poor put upon John Setka going ? Has Albo resigned yet ?

Has a shovel turned up on the leakers front garden yet ?

2. Knuckle Dragger

Poms are rolling at 7 an over or so. None down.

I’m going to sack it, call the day a win and dream long and hard about Chloe and her yoga pants.

And her cameltoe.

MV can fill you in.

3. Top Ender

P told me we were up and flying on a new thread, so…

John Donne was a very naughty boy.

The suitor in ‘The Flea’ enviously describes the creature that ‘sucks’ on his mistress’s skin and intermingles its fluids with hers. Here Aviva Dautch explores images of eroticism, death, guilt and innocence in John Donne’s poem.

Fleas were a popular subject for ribald humour during the Renaissance. The creatures were everywhere in both real life and in erotic poetry (inspired by the writing of the Roman poet Ovid) – their ability to freely roam ladies’ flesh making them the envy of John Donne’s poetic narrator as well as many others.

Since 17th-century society viewed sex as the mingling of bloods, the flea’s bloodsucking nature had huge possibilities as a risqué metaphor. Donne’s poem is composed of three stanzas of nine lines. The first six lines in each stanza are made from three rhyming couplets, while the last three lines of each is a triplet. In this way Donne’s form mirrors his content as three distinctly separate entities – man, woman and flea – become one.

Read on – if you dare… (I had several years of this, so you tend to remember the naughty bits.)

This is blokes’ night – yes?

4. Rossini

Top 10 & no interest in posting got us readers !

5. Steve trickler

G’day, Black all.

6. Black Ball

Good work Steve Trickler. May as well listen before retiring

7. Black Ball

Fine work it is. That would be NWA

8. Armadillo

I’m pretty pissed off with you City folk at the moment.

Seriously, stop it. You mob are the ones killing Australia. No doubt you will be the first to wipe your hands of it all, once it’s dead. Let’s see how your property prices go, when no one can afford food. Or energy.

#flyovercountry

9. Armadillo

Not even close to the record, Black Ball.

10. Armadillo

How did the Pennants go? Remind me.

11. Cpt Seahawks

Armadillo I have formulated an idea with my genius friend to remove compulsory voting.
    The message to send: “Why should I Have to?”

Emphasis on I and have.

12. Armadillo

I suspect Black Ball isn’t actually black, Steve. Nor is he Aboriginal.

13. Armadillo

I’m actually a big fan of compulsory voting. The US system is bizarre.

14. Armadillo

I’m also a big fan of compulsory punting.

15. Steve trickler

Black Ball
    #3042982, posted on June 15, 2019 at 1:22 am

All the best. Cheers.

16. Armadillo

Record attempts have rules BTW. You can’t just “number off”. Roman Numerals is a novel attempt, but a poor one. I was starting to think it was what the score was in the lawn bowls game he played. I’ll assume it wasn’t good.

17. Armadillo

Steve trickler
    #3042994, posted on June 15, 2019 at 1:52 am

WTF was that? An advertisement for one of the retarded agencies?

No wonder people here are warning that the NDIS is going to get rorted.

18. Armadillo

Fair dinkum. Without even clicking the link above (which I would warn against), look at what’s on his/it’s head.

What the hell is that thing?

19. DrBeauGan

Tom
    #3042044, posted on June 14, 2019 at 4:18 am
    Hahaha. Bon voyage, Dr BeauGan, from Steve Breen.

Thanks Tom. And notafan for helpful advice.

I found a hotel and am here for a week. Not cheap, and not particularly good, but it will do. Food is cheap, but one guy ripped me off on a can of coke zero.

Barcelona has lots of dog owners. I played with a dog for half an hour while I was waiting for the room to come free at 14:00 local time. I’d throw a rather soggy tennis ball, and she’d bring it back and look beseechingly at me. They also have lots of people riding motorised scooters and one segway. It looks like a poor country, but that might be the area I’m in. Loads of cafés, one Japanese restaurant within a hundred metres of be hotel.
    My Spanish is holding up, thanks to Google translate, though I am not convinced it gets everything right.

It’s lovely and warm, but windy.

This comes to you courtesy of hotel WiFi. I have charged my watch and phone. There is a local bank which cannot extract money from my Australian account, I have to use an ATM. So far I have extracted just over a thousand euros by using two cards.

So far, I like Spain and the Spanish people. Friendly and helpful and willing to help with my mangled Spanish. And wait for Google translate to do its stuff.

20. Armadillo

It’s like a cross between a beanie and a black condom. With a nipple on top.

The dude is wearing a boniple.

21. DrBeauGan

I find that to get into the US from Cuba, I jeed an ESTA visa. This was the parting contribution from my travel agent. Anybody know anything about them?

22. Armadillo

Doc, I thought you were going to the Dominican Republic?

Meh. Not my problem.

23. Armadillo

You should give us your credit card details and PIN number just in case anything goes awry.

#thecatshaveyourback

24. Armadillo

I find that to get into the US from Cuba, I jeed an ESTA visa.

Bullshit. Don’t worry about it. Stroll on through.

25. Armadillo

Doc,

The Americans love you saluting them. And people wearing underpants over their trousers.

Go with that. You’ll be fine.

26. Armadillo

If you run into strife, tell them that you know Alexander Downer.

People in high places count. It’s all about “who you know”, not “what you know”.

27. Armadillo

Makes sense, the only good thing from Shakespeare is Upstart Crow.

The fucker should have been dug up and hanged. Kids around the world would have celebrated.

28. Armadillo

Or maybe hung. Who doth know?

29. Armadillo

As IT will explain to you later, Juliet was nothing more than a common whore who should have slit her wrists.

30. Armadillo

Looks like Doc’s a goner. We tried our best.

What happened?
    The forum was “broken” for about 10 minutes, no access, at least not for me.

DrBeauGan
    #3043001, posted on June 15, 2019 at 2:22 am

Dr, the procedure is described o the web, seems straight forward.

But you can always join the caravan and get in that way, who knows?

33. Armadillo

But you can always join the caravan and get in that way, who knows?

The time to advise taking a ladder or a shovel as “carry on luggage” has possibly passed.

34. Armadillo

Floating atop a blow up doll is still a possibility. Someone needs to check the wind and tides.

Armadillo
    #3043018, posted on June 15, 2019 at 3:40 am

As long he can keep his lit cigars away from the doll it’s a possibility.
    From memory, it has been at least tried. Too lazy and comfortably sloshed to Google for it.

36. Armadillo

Ill let Tom go ahead at 4am, but be warned. I’m going on a rampage next week about City Slickers.

You people disgust me, and you are the true wreckers of Australia. You know nothing other than to regulate, and to fill your greedy pockets. FFS, leave us country bumpkins alone. You are fill your cities with filth, whilst dictating our future. You lot are mad.

37. Armadillo

No Tom yet? Towns are dying before our eyes. Tough times ahead. If you are in property, get the hell out.

38. Armadillo

Six months. Twelve maximum.

I was going to make a remark about Tom’s punctuality of late, 4:07 to 4:10 on the dot last 3 days.

Looks like I would’ve been premature with my intended praise.
    Just as well I missed posting.

40. Armadillo

Tom might be dead.

41. Armadillo

Could be a car accident or something.

42. Armadillo

Or a brain tumour.

43. Armadillo

Too many tequilas.

44. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Good morning, Tom. Late morning here in Skagway, Alaska, beginning of the route to the Klondike. Ramirez seems pretty pertinent today with freedom at issue everywhere, even in the democracies, where the left’s version of ‘hate speech’ is used to silence free speech. Seems the same as China’s specious justifications for squashing dissent to me. Baby steps here as yet, but all in the wrong direction, towards totalitarianism.

45. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Dr BG, you will need the ESTA for the US. Hairy does it for us both online. You have to pay for it but they take online payments too.

Hi, Lizzie. I’m watching the US Open golf from Pebble Beach CA (where all the Silicon Valley billionaire fascists and their zombie tech hordes are). Prettiest coastline on earth.

I bet Skagway is beautiful at this time of year, too. Too far north for me — and frozen nine months of the year. Have a great trip!

Beaugan, go onto the official Homeland Security site. Make sure it’s the official one, not some dodgy agent.

You will know just by looking and when you get to the end they will ask you to pay in USD. It isn’t that expensive, the Beloved can’t remember quite how much.

48. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Haven’t checked back thread yet.

Calli, you would love the Glacier Gardens in Juneau, the stop before Skagway. One man’s total obsession with creating a natural and horticultural set of splendours. They are fully into spring colour and the Rhodies alone are worth the visit, before you even get to marvel at his uprooted trees replanted upside down to make huge floral baskets of drapery and display in the upturned root systens The view from the top of these gardens over the wetlands where we saw an ambling bear as we drove through them earlier is stunning too.

This tour combines with a simple bus trip to tbe Mendenhall Glacier where you get another vista treat, this time close ups of the great glacier, part of a 150 sqare mile icefield, and the massive waterfall that drains off the icefield. The interpretation centre there is as you would expect full on green catastrophism re melts, but you may note that the genuine glaciologists are more circumspect regarding the processes of advance and retreat and the timings and causation of these.

Today we take a tour of some goldrush site where we criss-cross between the US where we are now and Canada. These areas and settlements all have a very different history, often founded in different periods by different countries for different purposes. The terrain is mainly hugh fjiords and frequent snow and ice. Russia was active in settlement here too.So were missionaries and gold fever addicts

Had a weird conversation with a couple of corpulent Californians this morning when out on tour. Severe TDS. All started with the Beloved commenting about BoJo to some Brits.

The world has officially ended until Trump is out of the White House, apparently. Every single objection to the Trumpenator was feelz. Nothing could be articulated rationally. And after that, they went all Gollum, hatesessing usss forrever. 🙂

Banff appears to be Aussie Party Town. Crawling with Aussie Yoof, all working hard and partying the same. The Red Army follows us around in waves, rushing in to forage food, photos, a spot in the bus. Serious, deranged FOMO.

Yes, it’s interesting how the serious-minded are cautious about the GW scam.

Our guide started talking about the spruce beetle, and how it’s taking its toll on the trees. Numbers have increased dramatically, and warm weather is a factor.

He started the next sentence with “and some of it is our fault”. Inwardly groaning I thought we were about to get another sermon on debbildebbil carbons. Not so! He said that last winter was bitterly cold, so will probably halt the march of the pest. But human factors is the fighting of fire. Apparently they now believe that the forest fires act as a control for the pest and have does so for aeons.

Very refreshing.

In contrast to the USA, food in Canada so far is cheap, good quality and plentiful.

The only tubbsters I have seen here so far are the visitors, scoffing diet coke and junk.

They leave the front seats of the buses free for people with disabilities. Typically, these are immediately taken by the porkers whose only “disability” is the fact that they can’t keep their jaws closed. With that attitude, in a few years’ time they’ll be genuine contenders on walking frames.

52. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Nothing in Australia is cheap

53. Shy Ted

rickw #3042904, posted on June 14, 2019 at 11:48 pm
    The government is running out of money.
    Got a call from the ATO two days ago desperate for $5k that I seem to owe them out of thin air. Conferred with accountant today, seems I do owe them $5k, pretty much out of thin air.
    Socrates at the Pub #3042915, posted on June 15, 2019 at 12:00 am
    Which hat did they pull that rabbit from?

Me too. Seems my accountant missed it despite it being an “in yer face” tax – the additional Medicare levy . Accountant sacked. Seems we are Cat Tax Allies. I win. Would celebrate if I wasn’t 1% poorer.

54. DrBeauGan

Thanks for the ESTA advice. I’ll do it from spain.

I got involved in a political protest this evening, quite by accident. There was a musical extravaganza in a nearby plaza. Kids dressed as devils with horns and a pitchfork letting off fireworks, then a bloke playing a guitar and tin whistle. Kids running around and soaking each other from a water supply. I had no idea what it was all about, but they were obviously having fun.

I asked at a stall selling yellow ribons and badges. A lady explained it was to help the relatives of political prisoners who were in favour of Catalan independence from Spain. I doubt it the arguments for Catalan independence are any good, but I loathe the whole idea of political prisoners, and I doubt if the government arguments are any good, too. So I gave three or four euros and got a badge saying Freedom in big letters and For Catalan prisoners in much smaller letters . It’s not that I have a position on Catalan independence, I just don’t like governments throwing their weight around.

It’s ten pm and my bedtime. Had a great Spanish dinner at a cheap wine and food place tonight.

I like Barcelona.

55. Shy Ted

Cannabis discovered in tobacco pipes found in William Shakespeare’s garden.
    Much ado about nothing.

56. DrBeauGan

PS. Thanks Tom. It’s not early morning here, but I still enjoyed them.

An interesting story, spoiled, of course, by the ABC’s obsessions.

And there’s an interesting photo that could almost be used in evidence for a legal case under review.

58. Shy Ted

Been trying to do a bit of research about Norway’ intelligence services about whom POTUS spoke recently. Plenty of articles about beluga whales, spies, nucular subs and suchlike but was wondering where they fit in the grand scheme of all things intel such as whose side they are on and why they might release “damaging” info to POTUS about Hillderbeast. Not much detail in the articles. Anybody got anything concise?

59. Twostix

Britain bans ‘harmful’ gender stereotypes from ads

What is harmful?

One of the ads identified as problematic by the ASA was a 2017 television advert for Aptamil baby milk formula, which showed a baby girl growing up to be a ballerina and baby boys becoming engineers and mountain climbers

Expressions of the lived reality for the majority of people is banned.

We are absolutely in the middle of a bolshevik cultural revolution.

60. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

We are absolutely in the middle of a bolshevik cultural revolution.

relentlessly driving us towards a new dark age

61. Twostix

Like the late 19th century this cultural maoism is being pushed onto us by the athiestic, nihilist, degenerate retarded children of the (newly flush with cash and time) merchant class and their urban white collar professional lickspittles.

62. Notafan

Dr BG

Lots of scammers in the esta space.

Make sure you apply on the official website.

And even if the questions seem silly answer them.

homeland security website

63. Notafan

Mid week masses do tend to be retired people.

We get a few homeschooling families at ours.

Usually 50 or 60, pretty good for weekdays in a small parish.

64. Notafan

Same protests in January in Barcelona

After the failed separation attempt in late 2017.

Consequences.

Catalans must complain about something.

Are you staying in el raval?

65. zyconoclast

BLACK SHERIFFS ARE LESS LIKELY TO PURSUE LOW-LEVEL ARRESTS AGAINST PEOPLE OF COLOR

Bulman found that, after a black sheriff takes command from a white one, “arrests of blacks fall relative to whites. During years in which a black sheriff is in office, there are approximately 1.6 fewer arrests of blacks per 1,000 black county residents.”

Digging deeper into the data, he found no statistically significant change in the racial composition of arrests for the most serious crimes, but identified “large and significant” changes for less-serious ones—the sorts of infractions where officers have considerable discretion over whether or not to make an arrest.

Bulman then looked at the specific crimes people had been arrested for. He compared crimes for which blacks are more frequently arrested, such as robbery, gambling, murder, vagrancy, fraud, and prostitution, with those for which whites are more frequently taken into custody, including driving while under the influence, sex offenses, manslaughter, arson, and vandalism.

He found that, after a black sheriff took office, there was a significant reduction in arrest rates for crimes traditionally associated with black Americans. In contrast, there was no change in the arrest rate for crimes traditionally associated with whites.

66. Cassie of Sydney

“Notafan
    #3043070, posted on June 15, 2019 at 7:16 am
    Mid week masses do tend to be retired people.

We get a few homeschooling families at ours.

Usually 50 or 60, pretty good for weekdays in a small parish.”

Am always pleased to hear about homeschooling. That will be the next battle…the left will try and stop homeschooling.

US women’s soccer captain – yes, she is a lesbian – kneels for Trump.

68. zyconoclast

The document, titled “Hate Agent Policy Review” outlines a series of “signals” that Facebook uses to determine if someone ought to be categorized as a “hate agent” and banned from the platform.

Facebook may also categorize you as a hate agent if you self-identify with or advocate for a “Designated Hateful Ideology,” if you associate with a “Designated Hate Entity” (one of the examples cited by Facebook as a “hate entity” includes [email protected] critic Tommy Robinson), or if you have “tattoos of hate symbols or hate slogans.” (The document cites no examples of these, but the media and “anti-racism” advocacy groups increasingly label innocuous items as “hate symbols,” including a cartoon frog and the “OK” hand sign.)

Thanks for the cartoons, Tom.
    I see Rowe is still doing Tony Abbott.

70. Cassie of Sydney

Black Pigeon speaks…..

71. Win

Hi Lizzie Beare if you are heading towards Dawson city pop up to Clinton Creek it is an old asbestos mine. Can’t be dangerous I’m still alive and it’s been closed for decades. And the old village on the Forty Mile was magical.

72. Peekaboo Minimalist Andy

“5,200 people in ICE custody quarantined for exposure to mumps or chicken pox” Not exactly a triumph for modern vaccination practices.

Man, 20, who was shot dead by U.S. Marshals in Memphis posted a Facebook Live video just hours before he died boasting that police couldn’t catch him and they’d ‘have to kill me’

As John McClane says in Die Hard, “thanks for the advice.”

74. Win

Sorry Lizzie that derive the ar tic village is on the bank of the FortyMile river where it joins the Yukon River.

75. zyconoclast

The international agency that had ordered a gate be permanently kept open on the privately built border wall in New Mexico has backed off on that demand.

The International Boundary and Water Commission, which handles waterway issues between the U.S. and Mexico, said in a letter Tuesday night that the gate, part of the half-mile We Build the Wall barrier near Sunland Park, will be locked at least some of the time.

76. zyconoclast

The U.S. Is Purging Chinese Cancer Researchers From Top Institutions

The NIH and the FBI are targeting ethnic Chinese scientists, including U.S. citizens, searching for a cancer cure. Here’s the first account of what happened to Xifeng Wu.

77. Knuckle Dragger

Don’t let Dillo put you off BB. Use all the goddamn Roman numerals you want.

78. Knuckle Dragger

I usually find Zanetti a bit same-y, but today’s was quite acceptable to my tiny mind.

‘Finches? We doan need no steeenking finches!’

79. BrettW

Still plenty of debate about Setka / Batty saga in Oz today.

Hopefully when he has his court appearance and pleads guilty and the facts of that case are known then people will discuss the real problem. That is his proven abuse towards women after his constant campaigning to help White Ribbon and prevent DV. The image associated with him should be of him wearing the White Ribbon T shirt with the pledge to not be abusive to women.

The Batty words are a distraction from the main issue.

80. zyconoclast

Canada’s price on carbon will have to be five times what it is now if the country is to reach its Paris Agreement greenhouse-gas emissions targets just by charging for those emissions, Parliament’s budget watchdog says.

The current $20-a-tonne federal levy on fuels is set to rise to $50 a tonne by 2022. It applies in provinces that don’t have equivalent carbon-pricing systems of their own. The Parliamentary Budget Office says that may not be enough.

81. Knuckle Dragger

Agreed BrettW.

It is interesting to say the least that absolutely none of this furore would have occurred had Setka not mentioned the name of St. Rosie.

Much like Adam Goodes, every public figure in the country goes out of their collect way to fawn over her, she can do no wrong and any dissenting view is the worst thing anyone has ever said about anything or anybody in the history of human events.

The reality in both cases, and in Batty’s case that she may as well have dropped her son Luke out of a helicopter in northern Sweden to be eaten by wolves, is apparently too distasteful to mention.

On space chook tried to link to a Catallaxy post about California energy production, it was blocked because it was contrary to their community standards.

Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

#3043050, posted on June 15, 2019 at 6:12 am

Nothing in Australia is cheap

You obviously haven’t seen the tattooed sheilas around where I live.

84. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Not Ground Hog Day.

Just a good deed if this is well shared.

LFTRs in 5 minutes – Thorium Reactors

A short video of Kirk Sorensen taking us through the benefits of Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors, a revolutionary liquid reactor that runs not on uranium, but thorium. These work and have been built before. Search for either LFTRs or Molten Salt Reactors (MSR).

85. zyconoclast

The secret life-hack – why you should quit feminism

In college, one of my majors was “Gender and Diversity Management”.
    I guess it seemed cool to have an entire major dedicated to why you were exceptional, even if it was exceptionally-unlucky-to-be-oppressed*.

I became a one-woman outrage engine, angry and in fear of the predatory world I’d just discovered.

I was in the middle of complimenting a female blogger for her writing in the, back then, tiny atheist community in Romania, when I cheekily alluded to the sisterhood, you know, *us, feminists*. She snapped back instantly: “I’m not a feminist.”

That was the first time an obviously thoughtful and highly educated woman had said that to me, and I was shocked.

She asked me what I meant by feminism.
    I gave her a fiery talk about equality.
    About the patriarchy.
    About [email protected] and [email protected] culture.
    I was laying out my case just as I learned at university, and working my way through the cascade of grievances that I’d ingested from a few years of gasping in fury while reading Jezebel.

She dismissed me, saying that I should have a closer look at the facts.

RTWT

86. zyconoclast

AlphaBiolabs, the leading British home DNA test supplier, says up to 30,000 paternity tests are being performed in this country every year…

‘Of these, around 20 per cent of men will learn they are not the father of the child they are testing,’ says the company’s director, David Thomas. He added that in some regions the figure is higher, including the North East, where it is 30 per cent.

From the coal is dead greenie zombie room:

The World Returns To Coal
    Date: 13/06/19

Graham Lloyd, The Australian
    Global coal production (up 4.3 per cent) and consumption (up 1.4 per cent) has increased at their fastest rate for five years.

Average global greenhouse gas emissions are rising at double the rate of Australia’s, exposing the mismatch between the “hope and reality” of meeting Paris Agreement goals, a report has found.
    A major report by energy giant BP said the world was returning to coal, and without shale gas from the US and LNG exports from Australia the emissions reduction picture would be much worse.
    Massive investments in renewable energy were needed but would not be enough to satisfy ­increasing demands for power, most notably in China and India.
    BP said global emissions overall were up 2 per cent last year as the unexpected return to coal gathered pace.
    The increase of 600 million tonnes of greenhouse gases from energy was greater than Australia’s total output.
    Officials said the report confirmed Australia’s carbon dioxide emissions were “minuscule in ­absolute terms and lower (than the world average) in percentage terms as well”.
    BP said last year’s global energy demand and carbon emissions from energy use had grown at its fastest rate since 2010-11.
    The BP statistical review of ­energy is a highly respected ­annual report that examines trends in energy demand and use, including from renewables.
    The findings mirrored those of the recent Global Carbon Project, which reported global greenhouse gas emissions had been steadily accelerating since 2016.
    Increased demand for power in China, India and the US underpinned most of the increase in ­demand. Unusually hot and cold weather led to a spike in demand for heating and cooling, notably in North America, but BP could not say if this was a one-off due to natural variation or part of a worrying climate change trend.
    The report made clear that, without shale gas in America and LNG exports to Asia, notably from Australia, greenhouse gas emissions would be much higher. […]
    The BP report said building more renewable sources of ­energy could not keep pace with rising demand.
    “Even if renewables are growing at truly exceptional rates, the pace of growth of power demand, particularly in developing Asia, limits the pace at which the power sector can decarbonise,” the BP report said.
    Coal production (up 4.3 per cent) and consumption (up 1.4 per cent) had increased at their fastest rate for five years.
    “This strength was concentrated in Asia, with India and China together accounting for the vast majority of the gains in both consumption and production,” the BP report said.
    The growth in coal demand was the second consecutive year of increases following three years of falling consumption.
    “As a result, the peak in global coal consumption which many had thought had occurred in 2013 now looks less certain. Another couple of years of increases close to that seen last year would take global consumption (of coal) comfortably above 2013 levels,” the BP report said.

88. Gab

Feminism has its roots in Communism. Another reason to spurn the “ideal”.

89. Mark M

No, you would go broke without fossil fuel power, and most probably die, you idiot …

Richard Denniss,The Australia Institute ‘think’ Tank:

“I’d be good at running a farm if you gave me free land & water.
    I’d be very good at running a shop if you gave me free rent & labour – apparently #Adani is good at running a mine – but Aus has to gift free coal, water & infrastructure,”

Gab, can you advise, please?
    Who is President of the United States of America at the moment?

91. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Gab

Anything that riffs “power imbalances” is a commie crock of shit.

Finches? We doan need no steeenking finches!’

Thanks, KD. First belly-laugh of the day.

93. Gab

Frank, I’m trying to gain access to scholarly articles that explain the roots of feminisim but without any luck.

Never mind as Trump is still President and he said America will never become a socialist/communist country. I think that horse has already bolted, Mr President.

Ponds Institute …
    Reduction in royalties on coal = handout of gummint money = bad.
    Payment of subsidies to wind/solar = investment in our fuschia = good.
    Very touching concern trolling that Adani will apparently destroy Hunter Valley coal jerbs.

95. Mark M

Sadly for Simon Holmes à Court, green grifter of Monash U, the weather wouldn’t co-operate …

“I do want to speak about the climate change election.

And, if you were, say, a year ago, sat down and made a wish list of, if someone was running a campaign, which obviously they were on flipping the government, your absolute wish list would say (5.18) …

“You’d want the weather to co-operate with climate change so people would really be aware of what’s coming down the pike, so you got, you’d want some floods, not saying anyone wants these … there’’s are necessary ingredients for change, we had floods and fires, and massive fish kills, um, heatwaves, so Check, you got that.”

Wishing death & destruction on your fellow Australians for his climate/ weather prevention scam.
    Nice piece of work is their Simon.

96. Knuckle Dragger

The editor of Bild magazine, whose head Merkel clearly wants to punch in, has said Germany owes Britain a great debt and should be allowed to leave the EU with whatever concessions they needs and their heads high.

‘It was Great Britain that first stood up to Hitler in 1939. And it was Britain that opened its doors to the thousands of Chooish refugees fleeing certain death during the H-caust.’

‘Put simply, there would be no free Europe without you and the bloody sacrifice you made to rescue the Continent.’

– Alex von Schoenburg

Britons, please recover your testicles from behind the couch and get on with it.

Dennisssss obviously hasn’t heard of royalties.

98. Frank Walker from National Tiles

From that video’s comment section. Hard to decipher because of piss poor grammar.

Stupid comment from a man with a MLP as his avatar.

Has to be trolling, surely.

Scootaloo 009
    Scootaloo 009
    5 years ago
    Okay. How about a video explaining how this is going to generate power. Just saying it has energy doesn’t mean anything since matter = energy. This sounds like bullshit.

Surely if you understand mass-energy equivalence the concept of a heat powered turbine does not boggle you?

Or old mate has walked into a nuclear debate with poor grammar and is unaware that it has been proven beyond any doubt there is mass-energy equivalence.

Dear god. There are freaks there that say “no nukes whatsoever”, totally unaware of issues with “renewables” like cadmium toxicity or with conventional power such as the radioactivity of C14.

It was Great Britain that first stood up to Hitler in 1939 …

Indeed. But it’s no longer about standing up to Hitler. Now it’s about standing up to British bugmen.
    And no, a man who killed his own unborn child isn’t the one to revivify standing up to Hitler.

100. Black Ball

Morning all.
    Yes the Gannawarra Times article on the shooting that occurred on a property at Mincha has yet to be updated on their site. A rather lengthy item so I won’t type the whole thing.

Good old bob’s tête-à-tête with his daughter about climate change 50 years ago has the idiots agog today on vomit back radio.

102. Bruce

Meanwhile, in Canada, where Australian laws and “standards” are road-tested:

Stay healthy!

103. John Constantine

DNA Paternity Test that Meets Family Law Legal Requirements
    The DNA paternity test fee is typically $600 for testing for one man and one child. Samples are collected at a pathology laboratory to ensure verification of the samples and the identity of the people involved. Each additional child tested is $150.

Family law legislation requires that the DNA mouth swab samples are taken by an authorized pathology collection service and processed by a DNA laboratory which has NATA approval. In Australia, the mother’s approval is required for this test. This is not the case in the U.S.A., Canada ,

Approximately 25% of men tested find that they are not the father of the child.

Obviously this sample selects for those in doubt, but in the australian court system simply proving you are paying for a child that is genetically some other fathers doesn’t mean the wymynsys isn’t still entitlrd to the money.

Comrades.

There are freaks there that say “no nukes whatsoever”

They’re bananas.

Banana equivalent dose

The radiation exposure from consuming a banana is approximately 1% of the average daily exposure to radiation, which is 100 banana equivalent doses (BED). The maximum permitted radiation leakage for a nuclear power plant is equivalent to 2,500 BED (250 μSv) per year, while a chest CT scan delivers 70,000 BED (7 mSv). A lethal dose of radiation is approximately 35,000,000 BED (3500 mSv). A person living 16 kilometres (10 mi) from the Three Mile Island nuclear reactor received an average of 800 BED of exposure to radiation during the 1979 Three Mile Island accident.[4]

So if you eat 2,501 bananas in one year you are worse than a nuclear power plant.

105. Nick

I don’t get the AFL mime throwing a spear at supporters and it’s an ‘anti racist dance’. Call an umpire a maggot and you are ejected.

106. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Well Bruce, I am very pro nuclear.

Time to stop taking shit from these bananas, so I’m Stayin A Hollaback Girl…

[Bill McClintock is a freakin’ genius]

107. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Remember Harambe. Bananas out!

108. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Chemistry and biology question.

Let’s say you farmed tobacco. Ignoring the better methods for drying (complete drying), would we see less harmful effects (regarding cancer) if rock phosphate fertilisers were not used? That seems to be a pathway for cadmium and polonium; to wit the lungs are a more potent absorbing interface than the digestive system.

Tobacco can probably be engineered to be a “relatively safe” product, could it not?

109. Knuckle Dragger

Mate of mine, and bestie at my wedding shacked up with a local chick when we were living in Townsville.

The show lasted ten years or so, and they had three kids before she had to have to time apart because unknown wimmin reasons. He had no say in it. She took the kids with her – obviously, as they were her meal ticket, and moved to Perth.

Seven years later, after mate almost worked himself to death paying child support, she rings him up in an apparent epiphany of honesty and tells him that he was the father of NONE of the children.

He was too broken to pursue this bitch to world’s end to recoup seven years of child support x 3, despite my rage-fuelled pleas to do so. He still considered the kids his.

It was the first time, and the only time to that extent, that I have seen a truly broken-hearted man.

110. Frank Walker from National Tiles

…said a divorced woman I worked with recently…where have all the good men gone?

You married the state and worked them like dogs into early graves.

111. Knuckle Dragger

The week after they broke up, and before she moved to Perth she had a dead set crack at getting a piece of KD as well.

I told her to fuck off in no uncertain terms. Naturally, let old mate know as wall.

There’s such a thing as decorum, you filthy skank.

112. rickw

Accountant email now advises that I owe ATO $6,200.

Poor Gubmint must be really short of money.

113. cuckoo

Interesting. BBC characterizes current German laws against doctors advertising abortion services as “Nazi era” laws. Because as everyone knows, those Nazis were soooo pro-life. Is there some kind of journalism award for longest reach in an attempt to smear? Apart from the Walkley?

114. cuckoo

Is it an insult to call someone a bald-headed flog if you yourself are bald-headed?

115. Frank Walker from National Tiles

KD

I really feel sorry for your mate. Sad how he was used to fund someone else’s little bastards.*

Write on the board Jimmy:

I WILL NOT FUND SOMEONE ELSE’S BASTARDS**

This song should be compulsory for boys to learn the words to.

Best video of course. Mitch M tells us actually that self esteem is dangerous, but alas.

*If I am being too harsh and denying these children dignity, think of the indignity their legal father, but biological stepfather endured.

**Joke is on us – the welfare system and child support basically ensures everyone who pays taxes does so.

116. Frank Walker from National Tiles

KD

I really feel sorry for your mate. Sad how he was used to fund someone else’s little b*st**ds.#

Write on the board Jimmy:

I WILL NOT FUND SOMEONE ELSE’S B*ST**DS
    I WILL NOT FUND SOMEONE ELSE’S B*ST**DS
    I WILL NOT FUND SOMEONE ELSE’S B*ST**DS
    I WILL NOT FUND SOMEONE ELSE’S B*ST**DS
    I WILL NOT FUND SOMEONE ELSE’S B*ST**DS
    I WILL NOT FUND SOMEONE ELSE’S B*ST**DS##

This song should be compulsory for boys to learn the words to.

#If I am being too harsh and denying these children dignity, think of the indignity their legal father, but biological stepfather endured.

##Joke is on us – the welfare system and child support basically ensures everyone who pays taxes does so.

117. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Oh great the spaminator now bans being pro-male and not anti responsible wahmen.

Anyway, a great song.

Also – never pay for someone else’s illegitimate children. NEVER.

118. cuckoo

Granny-fetishist Emmanuel Macron plans a law that no-one under 13 can be proscuted for a crime, no matter what they do.

119. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Anyway, a great song.***

Also – never pay for someone else’s illegitimate children. NEVER.

***Oh and it looks like the video on you chube for Self Esteem by the Offspring (with sexy babes in it) is banned.

That seems to be a pathway for cadmium and polonium

Dot – Cadmium and polonium are pretty harmless tobaccowise.

Cadmium is roughly the same as mercury – it is excreted by the body albeit slowly. The amounts you would be exposed to from tobacco would be miniscule. You’d get more just by eating greens, since cadmium and zinc tend to follow each other due to similar chemistry.

Polonium is harmless since the half life is six months. So with tobacco curing, storage and supply chain times you will be looking at least a halving, and probably a quartering of the polonium level. You could reduce it nearly 99% by keeping the tobacco 3 years before consumption.

I have a nice lump of electrolytic cadmium somewhere. It’s quite pretty.

121. Woolfe

Dr B, Etsa visa has to be done on Chrome, Firefox or old internet explorer. For some reason it doesn’t like Microsoft Edge which is my browser of choice.

You will also need photos of the codes at the bottom of your passport and they ask you about your social media handles.

Oh and if when you get to the end it wants >$13 you are being conned.

You can’t transit through the states you have to enter hence visa requirements. They care about who comes in but don’t care who leaves so exiting international flights do not have their own terminal.

122. EvilElvis

WA Liberal party dumps the Canadian for bint Liza ‘Minelli’ Harvey. Straight out of the blocks with “middle class people are struggling, I’m all for giving public servants a pay rise to help”. FMD!

123. Knuckle Dragger

Chick I went out with for six weeks about a year ago, who I’d known for a little bit beforehand and seemed (to the casual observer) to be a sensible sort, waited until we were five weeks in before handing me a piece of paper in her lounge room.

Although a hardened veteran of The Game, I had never been subject to a piece of paper in the lounge room.

I then opened the bit of paper to find a list with five or six things on it.

Specifically, a List of Things KD Must Improve On Before He Can Be My Boyfriend.

It included items such as not wearing singlets with holes in them whilst camping (apparent lest I make a poor impression on the wildlife), and mandatory attendance on her daily morning beach walks.

Giving up smoking immediately.

No drinking after, or during dinner. Before was apparently ok (that’s how my father is and how I do it).

Spending a significant proportion of my disposable income on her (while she spent all of hers on Thermomix parties). Etc etc.

Needless to say, her veneer of normality was smashed. For some reason she seemed surprised when I said I wasn’t copping one single bit of that, rah rah rah and get the hell out.

Blokes – dip a toe in this water and be prepared to make the vows. Of chastity and poverty.

Rumour sweeping Labor circles this morning.
    John Setka eats steel-cut oats.
    You heard it here first, folks.

125. John Constantine

Handed a list in the lounge room?.

Was around having a meal at a chicks place in the old days, she and the feed were both tasty, and saw that she had a list on the beer fridge door. Long enough to need a handful of fridge magnets to keep straight.

Of improvements and compliances required by a bloke before she would consider him as her official consort.

Dunno if it was better or worse that she had written another blokes name in capitals on the top of the list.

Comrades.

126. Knuckle Dragger

Rant continues:

AND – the ladees seem to be under the very strong impression that a bit of rumpy-pumpy can be used to hang over your head, like some sort of reward. Much like a puppy gets a treat for crapping outside instead of on the rug.

Leaving aside the rank stupidity of this state of affairs – this would, in a perfect world, work perfectly and blokes would be lining up to do exactly as they are told.

The problem is, girls, that 90% of you are crap at it. Sorry, but it’s true (disclaimer: I have been crap in bed three times. Each time when the ladee’s parents are sleeping in the room next to me. But I digress).

A quick knee-trembler in exchange for sacrificing your nuts and an inability to look at yourself in the mirror is not something that encourages compliance with your worldview.

127. duncanm

What is this.. MGTOW Saturday?

128. Bruce in WA

Loved the poutine … sooooo slimming. 😀

129. Knuckle Dragger

John C:

Exactly.

Thank you.

Even the most misogynistic, no-conscience scruple-free pants-men I know (and there are quite a few) would not dream of producing what is basically a contract of subservience in return for being seen in public with a bit of crumpet.

130. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Very interesting because I have seen online (nothing research-grade) that the organic compounds which are harmful are reduced if the tobacco is dried and cured more extensively.

I do like Cavendish (pipe, fermented for weeks) and cigar tobacco (slowly air cured) though. Ciggies usually smell good but nearly always taste awful to me.

131. duncanm

Knuckle.. thing is, men are walking up to the fact that a bit of crumpet is often not worth the effort.

Watch out ladies..

132. Roberto

I’m at a Blood Donors’ morning tea at Luna Park. The harbour is looking glorious in the winter sunshine.

133. Frank Walker from National Tiles

duncanm
    #3043153, posted on June 15, 2019 at 10:27 am

What is this.. MGTOW Saturday?

John had bitch tits.

His name was John Setka.

YOU ARE NOT A BEAUTIFUL OR UNIQUE HOT DOG SALESMAN. YOU’RE THE SAME DECAYING ORGANIC MATTER AS EVERYTHING ELSE.

134. duncanm

Frank, I have no idea what point you’re trying to make. Way too subtle for this noggin.

135. EvilElvis

The ultimatum rule applies to your list girl, KD. Once women start issuing them, walk away. This applies in all dealings with women.

136. duncanm

Any rules from women are ultimately a test of your subservience.

Dot – I make no comments about the organic compounds as I suspect they are the health issue. There are lots of them, all intended by the plant to stop horrible people coming along and picking bits off.

Polonium and cadmium are classic booga booga scare-the-plebs propaganda targets because the plebs don’t have any understanding of chemistry or data.

138. Knuckle Dragger

Damn straight, gents.

The great orator Bill Burr advises men in this circumstance to ‘rub one out’. Preferably in front of them.

139. Knuckle Dragger

I no comprende, Frank. Antenna raised at my occupation though.

If I am decaying organic matter, then I will continue to decay on my terms rather than those of someone using vagina to cover for their otherwise vast deficiencies and control fetishes.

Let me see. What would be more effective? Detaining naughty kids from boring classes, or detaining naughty kids from fun playtime?

Giving children detention in break time is violation of their human rights, psychologists say (14 Jun)

Giving children detention during break time is a violation of their human rights, the British Psychological Society has said.

Schools should never threaten to take away a pupil’s break or lunch time as a punishment, the society’s educational and child psychology division.

Can we cut out the middleman and just detain the whole British Psychological Society? I suggest a mental asylum, assuming that the British Psychological Society hasn’t shut them all down yet.

141. duncanm

Ok…

Fight club for Street vendors.

142. duncanm

Psychologists are the stupid nuts that couldn’t make it into psychiatry. They are all nutters trying to work out their own mental issues

143. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Better than the absurd notion of after school or weekend detention.

I should have raised the stakes. “If you sad losers wanna turn up on a Sunday…fine”

144. Bear Necessities

A quick knee-trembler…

That’s bordering on exercise not sex KD.

Speaking of vaginas…
    Charlie Hebdo slammed over ‘disgusting’ vagina cartoon for Women’s World Cup
    Shoot for the goal!

(NSFW, especially the full page Charlie Hebdo cover shown at the link.)

146. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Just realised the AI at the end of WarGames was “hacked” to help humanity. Maybe Wheelchair Guy was wrong and we won’t be “dargeted for dermination”.

Charlie Hebdo slammed over ‘disgusting’ vagina cartoon for Women’s World Cup

Don’t apologise, always escalate.

147. Knuckle Dragger

I looked up MGTOW, as I didn’t know what it was.

A fair bit of crazy in there, hiding a couple of astute observations.

Don’t get me wrong, I love women. They try so hard. Cute to watch them having a go.

But I see no reason to be involved with them on anything other than a casual basis. I might yet be knocked off my feet, but I doubt it, and the odds are stacking up against it.

Anyone notice how when you get hooked up her friends, who you wouldn’t have known from a piece of shit suddenly assume full prominence while your own friends are slowly, but surely, prodded into the background?

C.L. Did he coerce the mother to have an abortion? Was she dragged unwilling, like a second pregnancy Chinese, to have the child forcibly removed?

I want to know the back story before I decide.

149. duncanm

Charlie Hebdo is just trying to court the women’s soccer demographic (lesso).

150. Knuckle Dragger

Right.

The paternity test thing set me off. Normal programming will be resumed.

Perhaps.

151. Frank Walker from National Tiles

The Free the Nipple crowd would argue that a vagina is normal.

Once on a drunken sporting outing I saw the old “c**t colouring book”.

Leigh Lowe

#3043124, posted on June 15, 2019 at 9:36 am

Huh, cohenite?

Apparently Bob hawke had a heart to heart with one of his granddaughters in 1980 about climate change and this convinced her to become a SJW so when she gave her elegy to bob at his funeral this caught the attention of the luvvies and bob’s elevation to sainthood went up a few more notches as a man ahead of his time.

Orazio Fantasia left with bruises on his arm after constant pinching from Ben Stratton

Orazio Fantasia has been left with bruises all over his body after being relentlessly pinched by Hawthorn skipper Ben Stratton. Did the tactics go too far? HAVE YOUR SAY
    Chris Cavanagh, Herald Sun

June 15, 2019 9:05am

Stratton was caught on broadcast cameras pinching and poking Fantasia from the opening seconds of the match at Marvel Stadium.

Darren
    32 minutes ago
    How embarrassing for a grown man playing elite football to resort to pinching. Most pathetic thing I’ve ever heard of. Childish stuff that thought was left behind in the 80s. And to think you are a captain of a team. Worse thing about this is he knows that the player cant hit back, or he can but he will cop more of a penalty. Sneaky, conniving, hang your head in shame.

Ben Stratton has again been called out for unsavoury tactics after being caught pinching Essendon opponent Orazio Fantasia.

155. Dr Faustus

Mike Carlton’s life story going out the door for $4 at K-Mart.

I’ll wait until it’s remaindered, thanks.

156. Frank Walker from National Tiles

…and I thought reading was for fags.

Poutine is an abomination.

I will not touch it.

Blazing Cat Fur is hot this morning.

Taxi driver, 27, is jailed for 16 years after he murdered his teenage wife by hitting her with a frying pan, stabbing her 38 times and strangling her because she refused to move to Hull (Daily Mail)

– Moha mmad Qoraishi moved to Kent to be with Parwin after arranged marriage
    – But he raged at her father that his friends said his wife didn’t care about him
    – Came as he demanded she move to Hull in East Yorkshire where he grew up
    – Jailed for 16 years and 82 days before he can be considered for parole

I don’t think I want to visit Hull either.

Orazio Fantasia.

Not a real name, surely? Sounds like burlesque.

Or worse.

Speaking of vaginas…
    Charlie Hebdo slammed over ‘disgusting’ vagina cartoon for Women’s World Cup
    Shoot for the goal!

Sorry, Cats. Don’t open the link. It has one of those scam messages trying to get you to open a link and infect your software/computer with a virus.

PS: it’s a boring cartoon anyway.

161. duncanm

Last you’ll hear of this. Remember boys, it’s never ok to hit a woman.

Sydney man’s neck, head cut in DV incident
    Australian Associated Press
    Australian Associated Press15 June 2019, 7:02 am AEST
    A man has been cut in the neck and head in a domestic violence-related incident in Sydney’s west.

Police say emergency services found the man, aged in his 30s, with lacerations to his neck and head after being called to a home on Bungalow Road, Mount Druitt, about 1am on Saturday.

He was taken to hospital in a serious condition, while a woman aged in her 30s and known to the man was also taken to hospital for treatment.

162. Knuckle Dragger

The solution for the Stratton imbroglio is obvious.

Next week Hawthorn play the Sydney Swans in Sydney.

Before the first bounce, Stratton should be subject to a stacks-on by every single Swans player and pinched until he has the appearance of a past use-by-date plum.

The fact that the Swans are all girlyboys should make this even less of a stretch.

In a Scottish school, a teacher informs a student (just thrown out of class) that he was ejected for arguing there are only two genders. Literally Orwellian, the teacher then pointedly counsels the lad that if he persists in such a belief he must keep it to himself or restrict the thought to his own home.

Video: https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1139679276351889408

I was going to suggest an atomic wedgie. Then I read this.

Probably a bit extreme for a first offence pincher.

Speaking of vaginas…
    Charlie Hebdo slammed over ‘disgusting’ vagina cartoon for Women’s World Cup
    Shoot for the goal!

I wonder what the equivalent would be for other sports: ice hockey, cricket, polo.

This is perfect.
    Quebec legalizes weed.
    They then set up a state owned corporation to sell it.
    Called Société québécoise du cannabis.
    What happens next is utterly predictable…

Quebec cannabis stores post a $4.9-million loss after first fiscal year

It takes pure genius to lose money selling a plant that grows like a weed.

At least Zanetti doesn’t have to label his caricatures so we know who they are.

Forgot; the Charlie Hebdo soccer ball vagina image here. I don’t know what others think but I find the image rather soothing.

The back story is known, Calli.
    Johnson paid for the abortion.
    He was married with children at the time.
    He lied about it all – which was the reason Michael Howard cited for sacking him in 2004.

Knuckle Dragger

#3043178, posted on June 15, 2019 at 11:00 am

I looked up MGTOW, as I didn’t know what it was

I looked it up too.
    Fark.
    FARK!
    Does anyone know how to delete browsing history?
    If she finds that on my computer, I am dead.

I was going to suggest an atomic wedgie. Then I read this.

Bombe Surprise!

Today’s Mail on Sunday claims Wyatt had two abortions, the last one paid for by Johnson, and that he had offered to leave his wife. Asked about the abortion claims, Lady Wyatt reportedly said it had been ‘just one’. She confirmed the relationship to the News of the World, saying her daughter had realised it was ‘going nowhere’.

Yep. Baby is the problem. Got it. So it has to go.

Don’t think for one minute I’m excusing Boris.

And yes, that child was “going nowhere”. Like mother like daughter.

Who the hell aors their family’s dirty laundry to News of the World?

“Lady” my eye.

airs

Anger causes typos.

What a weakling.

Remember boys, it’s never ok to hit a woman.

Generally, that’s true – regardless of how many beta males get hit by frying pans and handbags.
    IMO, it is only permissible to hit a woman if she is persistently lashing out at your face – with her fists or with a weapon – and refuses to settle down.

Orazio Fantasia.

Not a real name, surely? Sounds like burlesque.

Or worse.

Or, as the Coodabeens suggested, a perfect name for a Ferrari F1 driver.
    The controversy in Melbourne a few weeks back was whether his name should be pronounced …
    Fan-tay-sha; or
    Fanta-see-a.
    Slow news day.

177. duncanm

Leigh – I don’t think you got the point.

178. Geriatric Mayfly

A quick knee-trembler…

A bit of context please. I believe Samuel Pepys was fond of the occasional threepenny knee trembler on London Bridge.

Sarah Hanson-Young labels calls for nuclear power inquiry “crackpot stuff”.

This from a person who thinks we can rapidly and reliably transition to 100% renewables.

And why would you be with such a woman in a relationship??
    If a stranger gets violent, just do your best.
    Then throw her off the train …

Sorry, Cats. Don’t open the link. It has one of those scam messages

Tom – Not on my browser and AV software.
    I suspect the Daily Star is one of those places that Facechook is being nasty about.

Exclusive: Facebook’s Process to Label You a ‘Hate Agent’ Revealed (13 Jun)

I never intend to sign up for Faceache for them to immediately ban me as a neanderthal rightie.

Charlie Hebdo slammed over ‘disgusting’ vagina cartoon for Women’s World Cup

Don’t apologise, always escalate.

One of their funnier cartoon efforts. After standing up to machine guns and showing their determination to keep offending absolutely everyone, what do the leftist PC far quits have to throw at them now? A milk shake?!?

183. Tailgunner

Any rules from women are ultimately a test of your subservience.

Shit Tests.
    Feminism is the ultimate shit test. The men of the West have failed.

184. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Sarah Hanson-Young labels calls for nuclear power inquiry “crackpot stuff”.

Hanson-Young was born in Melbourne,[4] and grew up near Orbost in East Gippsland.[5] In 1999 she was awarded the Australia Day Young Citizen of the Year award for Gippsland, Victoria.[citation needed]

She graduated from the University of Adelaide with a Bachelor of Social Sciences in 2002. While studying, she was Environment Officer from 2001 to 2002, and then President from 2002 to 2003, of the Students’ Association of the University of Adelaide.[4][6]

Good lord, shut up you uneducated, ignorant cretin!

185. candy

He was married with children at the time.

Where there’s one gal there’s probably a few more girlfriends who like his deliberately messy hairstyle and chaotic fashion look.

186. Bruce in WA

Poutine is an abomination.

I will not touch it.

Le roi des aliments!

On a more serious note, if you are in Old Quebec, I can strongly recommend Casse-crepe Breton as somewhere to eat. Delicious food.

187. feelthebern

Very very wrong.
    The biggest loser will be chaps who dig up that brown filth in Victoria.
    Adani’s Carmichael mine will be the first of many in the Galilee Basin.
    If you used a REC price of 50 bucks & took away all the exemptions Vic producers receive, it would be cheaper to ship coal from the Galilee Basin to put in Vic power stations.

188. Cassie of Sydney

“C.L.
    #3043212, posted on June 15, 2019 at 11:35 am

And why would you be with such a woman in a relationship??
    If a stranger gets violent, just do your best.
    Then throw her off the train …
    And yes, she did deserve a serious backhander. Would have been entirely warranted.”

Makes me ashamed to be a woman. She was utterly repulsive…a drunken slag…and even that is too complimentary. She should have had her lights punched out.

189. areff

BoN: Thanks for jogging my memory about Blazing Cat Fur. I hadn’t checked it for a while and, when I did it, found that our masters are still geoblocking it (for our own good, of course).

Thanks to savvy Cats who recommended NordVPN, which goes straight thru without a problem. Three bucks a month on a three-year contarct. Worth every penny.

There are so many assaults on our liberties, you lose track of them all.

This one, though, it should make everyone’s blood boil.

190. Woolfe

Gunner you’re back! How did you escape from the white van, have you got any pictures of Chloe yet or did KD get them all? So many questions.

191. feelthebern

Bill Burr is educating men of all generations.
    He speaks the truth.
    In the current environment, I surprised he hasn’t been de-platformed yet.

192. notafan

Dr BG

some suggestions for Barcelona

tiny cloister and Romanesque Church Sant Pau del Camp Carrer de Sant Pau 101, El Raval not open very often but if you walk past the times are written up
    The Ancient Synagogue of Barcelona de Marlet, 5, 08002 Barcelona, Spain-close to the old Cathedral.

A day trip to Montserrat and the Black Madonna and a walk to one of the hermitages up above, views to Pyrenees, you have to go to the right station (up near the Palace iirc) and buy the day return ticket for the train the rack train and the funicular.

If you want to eat there the little town at the railway station Monistrol has some quaint options including one cafe built into the mountainside, otherwise it is the cafeteria or the cafeteria.

and a day trip to Tarragona which has a roman amphitheater next to the sea and the famous ‘procession of rats’ carving in the cathedral cloister. the Tarragona train goes from Sants so pretty easy. Plenty of places to eat up in the town centre including some fancy ‘Spanish’ burger places.
    If you don’t go in to Sagrada Familia have a look at it from the back of the park across the road-
    Have fun, I love Barcelona.

Not sure what to make of this one. Fake or real?

Brain scans show members of militant Isla mist group ‘have a reduced capacity for rational thought’ (Daily Mail, 12 Jun)

Brain scans on fanatical Isla mists show they have a reduced capacity for rational thought, new research suggests.

Members of a radical Isla mist group were asked how willing they were to ‘fight and die’ for their ideas.

Their brains were then scanned during the process.

The results showed that when questioned, the part of the brain that engages in evaluating costs and consequences showed reduced activity.

To carry out the research, 146 members of a ‘radical Isla mist group’ Lashkar et Taibar were recruited for the experiment in Barcelona.

The group were selected in a survey by expressing willingness to use violence against civilians, to join a terror group or to engage in violent protest.

Other religious causes they were asked to consider where over issues such as Western military forces being expelled from Mu slim lands, and for strict veiling of women in public.

Scott Atran of the University of Michigan and colleagues writing in a Royal Society journal said: ‘We found that sacred value choices involved less activation of brain regions previously associated with cognitive control and cost–benefit calculations.

‘In addition, we also found that willingness to fight and die ratings were influenced by peers’ opinions.’

It reeks of a set up, but also sounds like a real attempt to investigate mindsets. I’m stumped.

194. Knuckle Dragger

It is one of the great truisms of life.

There are very, very few things in life more disgusting than a drunken woman.

The one in C.L.’s clip, comfortably cloaked in invincibility and the belief that no one hits a girl has to be the luckiest tart in Australia that she didn’t get her nose broken for her.

Spit on people, and all bets are off.

195. Cassie of Sydney

“There are very, very few things in life more disgusting than a drunken woman.”

Yep.

196. Knuckle Dragger

BoN,

It doesn’t matter that they’re retarded.

If anything, it makes it more acceptable to hunt them down and kill them. Like culling inland taipans.

1 2 3 10