Open Forum: June 15, 2019

2,314 Responses to Open Forum: June 15, 2019

1. Helen

The cure is worse than the placky baggie. from blazingcatfur that indian guy in canada

For example, common paper bag replacements needed to be reused 43 times to have the same total impact as a plastic bag. When it came to cotton alternatives, the numbers were even higher. A conventional cotton bag alternative needed to be used over 7,100 times to equal a plastic bag, while an organic cotton bag had to be reused over 20,000 times

2. Knuckle Dragger

Goodness me.

Carlton are in front!

3. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Behavioural Awareness Officers

Good lord.

4. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Helen
    #3043552, posted on June 15, 2019 at 9:17 pm

The cure is worse than the placky baggie.

Well made paper bags seem pretty decent. I don’t have an issue with these. You can even burn them when you’re done with them.*

If someone comes up with an alternative to plastic straws which isn’t totally shithouse as well, then people might start using them.

*Some Councils in Australia are doing their best to ban wood fires.

Muppets.

Helen – That’s the infuriating thing. It’s the ISPs who’ve taken it upon themselves to block sites their SJW kiddies don’t like. So Optus and Telstra seem to be blocking right wing sites but iirc not TPG for example.

I’d change from Optus but I’d lose my email address then, and that’d be a pain. There’s also no guarantee than another ISP won’t suddenly turn into nanny overnight like Optus has.

6. Nick

Goodness me.
    Carlton are in front!

Your point being ?

7. Knuckle Dragger

That they’re in front.

8. Knuckle Dragger

Oh.

No they’re not.

9. Armadillo

Where is mOnster?

He’s right into this AFL bullshit.

That’s because you’re a troll who’s been hanging around the Cat for a decade under other names, Bespoke, you piece of shit.

11. Nick

That they’re in front.

Stare

12. Armadillo

Blokes in tight shorts and stuff. Boo.

13. Armadillo

They let Sheliahs play it, and lionise it. LOL. It doesn’t even qualify as a sport anymore.

Cucks.

14. Knuckle Dragger

Aaron Finch. Clouts one over mid-off for six.

101 not out. Champion.

Commentators saying Finch’s knock should be a lesson to Warner on how to construct an innings.

Brilliant beyond words.

15. Nick

Warner is a Mong who will use his wifes’ ‘Cancer scare’ as tabloid fodder for the next ten years.

16. Bruce in WA

I do a fair bit of bowhunting — compound bow — and am always looking for training videos to help improve my skills; e.g. straight back, head up, straight arms, eye aligned with arrow.

I think this is probably one of the best I’ve seen so far …

17. Armadillo

Look at what you people have become. You can’t even boo anyone.

Probably got “prayer rooms” and stuff. Yes? Paying a fortune for lite Beer and a Vegetable pie?

18. Armadillo

You probably look up into the stands and think “Wow, I wish I were up there”.

19. Oh come on

The ABC investigates:

He’s not old. He’s not white. Meet one of the new breed of Catholic priests

Incredible job, ABC! Who else realised that “new” priests might not be old and white?

If you click through the link, the article is titled “The good priest”, as if a good priest is such a rarity that the discovery of one requires a feature article devoted to him.

20. Armadillo

Archery seems a decent sport.

21. Nick

The ABC think a non white priest is novel ? Pfffft. They haven’t been to a church in the last ten years.

22. Armadillo

I suspect that someone might be getting out of prison.

23. Pedro the Ignorant

Been out getting firewood today and got bogged.

I reckon I have driven over 100,000 kms of bush tracks, cross country and sand dunes in my time and I get bogged in a wheat paddock about 10km from town.

Naturally, no high lift jack, shovel or traction mats on board.

Called for help and got laughed at.

The shame, it burns.

Bruce in WA
    #3043571, posted on June 15, 2019 at 9:45 pm

Wimp LOL🤣😂

25. Pedro the Ignorant

Now safely back at Casa Pedro in the big fat leather armchair, log fire blazing and watching the cricket.

Very thankful I was stuck in the bush while that mong Warner was again trying to boost his own stats at the expense of the Oz team.

Finch batting beautifully, gold price still over $A$ 1950, all’s right with the world

26. Armadillo

There will also be “Internet Martyrs”. People who are targeted. It’s happening already.

27. Knuckle Dragger

Oh, Pedro.

Ya townie.

28. Bruce in WA

Wimp LOL🤣😂

At may age … 70 lb draw is the best I can do. 🙁

29. Armadillo

gold price still over $A$ 1950, all’s right with the world

Won’t save you from the cruise Sheliah. Gold prices could be $3500. Your still fucked.

30. Knuckle Dragger

The pitch I was involved with today was a goddamn minefield. Made Bangalore look like the WACA.

40 wickets fell in the two-day match. One mob had a couple of really good sub-continental spinners up from SA, and the others had a Kiwi and a Pom.

Good bowling notwithstanding, the deck made numpties out of some quality batsmen.

31. Knuckle Dragger

Tom, you’re still at Pebble Beach. Daisy Thomas is not.

Little things.

32. Pedro the Ignorant

Oh, Pedro.
    Ya townie.

That’d be right. Pile on a bloke on his day of shame.

When I go to town to buy the Sunday paper tomorrow all the local kids will be laughing and pointing at the fool who drives into a ploughed paddock after 30mm of rain in a week.

I may have to escape the derision by going on a cruise.

33. Bruce in WA

my age …

FFS

34. Pedro the Ignorant

Aaron Finch, you champion!

35. Armadillo

Deservedly so. I’m assuming you were pissed.

36. Knuckle Dragger

Both Finch and FidgetCheat going flat tit-o-rama now.

37. DrBeauGan

Applied for the US visa online and am awaiting approval. Thanks for the link, Notafan. It was not much fun. Was asked for my last employers phone number and had no idea. Had to look it up.

Walked to the beach and have the pix to prove it;3.7 km according to my watch, though it felt like more in the sunshine.

Time for who cigar.

Bloody Google has updated stuff without asking, and everything is a mess. The new, improved version of everything is ugly, cluttered, gives me information I don’t want and leaves off information I do want. These people are fools who love tinkering. I am coming to hate them as much as Apple and Microsoft.

KD, the golf starts at 4.30am. It’s great. The cricket is a sideshow.

39. Pedro the Ignorant

It was cold and wet today, Arma.

A man needs a little warming spirit when battling nature with a chainsaw.

40. Armadillo

I’m getting the impression that Pedro needs help.

41. Pedro the Ignorant

Finch holes out at 153.

Defines the “Captain’s knock”. Outstanding innings.

42. Bruce in WA

Had the dreaded lurgi for the last 3 days. Head full of cotton wool, throat full of broken glass, headache like a 3-day bender. So tonight is Uncle Bruce’s cure — hot whisky, panadol, 1/2 a Restavit tablet, hot shower and bed. See how I feel tomoz.

43. Knuckle Dragger

I watched some of it this morning before I had to go, Tom.

The track looks superb. Miss seaward and you’re down a cliff to the beach. A bit cool and greyish though.

The greens appear to be making mugs out of some of the best. With a bit of luck Gary Woodland gets his freak on.

44. Knuckle Dragger

Fat Boy yorks the fidgeter.

45. Pedro the Ignorant

Maxwell knocks 22 off the over.

Pradeep (sp?) cracks the sads and grumps at the umpire.

🙂

46. Armadillo

Cricket update please.

47. Armadillo

The score would be good.

48. Pedro the Ignorant

Sound like a plan, Bruce. If it doesn’t cure the lurgi, at least you won’t be feeling any pain.

Sunday mornings are reserved for hangovers, piles of fried bacon and eggs, toast, coffee and the papers anyway.

49. Pedro the Ignorant

4-308 Arma, four overs to go.

Armadillo

#3043608, posted on June 15, 2019 at 10:45 pm

Cricket update please

Aussie openers (Finch and Warner) whacked 179 off 180 balls.

51. Knuckle Dragger

Marsh, you plonker.

Wasted 9 balls to make 3. Dork.

Left-handed dork.

52. Pedro the Ignorant

Marsh holes out for 3 runs. 5-310.

To be fair, it was good hit and a good catch on the boundary.

53. Knuckle Dragger

Marsh, you plonker.

Wasted 9 b#lls to make 3. Dork.

Left-handed dork.

54. Armadillo

4-308 Arma, four overs to go.

Arky would have told me we were all out for 12.

I appreciate your honesty.

55. Knuckle Dragger

Just noticed now – no spin for the Aussies. All pace.

56. Pedro the Ignorant

Like all his countrymen, Arky is still smouldering over the underarm incident about 400 years ago.

Shit. Carey gone.

57. Pedro the Ignorant

Shit, shit. Cummins gone for a duck.

58. Armadillo

Left-handed dork.

Those fuckers are rife in the golfing industry. Demanding that they be “accommodated” because of their
    “retardedness “. Ooh, I couldn’t possibly hit the little white ball unless you make a special stick for me. Retards.

Doesn’t happen in basketball, handball or football.

The lefties are always demanding stuff.

59. Armadillo

It’s why European cars have the blinker on the left hand side. Retards.

60. Pedro the Ignorant

Modern England.

Crowd at The Oval in the heart of London cheering like buggery every time the Sri Lankans take a wicket or cut off a boundary.

Oz all out for 334.

Well structured innings except for that mong Warner dragging the chain.

Outstanding knock from Finch, and a great hard hitting tonk from Maxwell to rev up the score.

Who hired Slater as a commentator? The Indian Cricket Board?

61. Armadillo

Armadillo tip: Never talk to anyone who smokes a cigarette or cigar with their left hand.

62. Armadillo

It’s a dead set giveaway that they aren’t “the full quid”.

Well structured innings except for that mong Warner dragging the chain.

Victorians took 200 off 150.
    Others were limpets.

64. Pedro the Ignorant

Geez, Steve. Yodelling?

Go back to fighter jets roaring around mountain valleys.

Yodelling belongs on cruise ship entertainment.

65. Knuckle Dragger

I’ll have Maxwell the right-hander in my XI any day.

For every time he spacks out and dollies up his second ball for a duck, there’s four or five times he’ll do what he did today – 46 off 25 or somesuch.

Plus, he’s liquid lightning in the field. Unbeatable. Makes Jonty Rhodes look like Phil Tufnell.

66. Knuckle Dragger

Dillo gets it.

67. Frank Walker from National Tiles

No, THIS is televisual excellence.

Filmed on a 1080 P is for potato.

(Everyone – downvote the video and one comment).

68. Pedro the Ignorant

I’ll have Maxwell the right-hander in my XI any day.

Hear, hear.

Goes out to the crease as aggro as a half starved bull terrier.

None of this “settling in” nonsense much beloved of Smiff and the unshaven mong.

69. Armadillo

Sri Lankans doesn’t have much to offer to the world.

It’s not as if people ring up to order a Sri Lankan meal or anything.

70. Steve trickler

Pedro the Ignorant
    #3043629, posted on June 15, 2019 at 11:17 pm

Never stop exploring, Pedro.

71. Old School Conservative

In the sheepdog trials, were any found guilty?

72. Knuckle Dragger

Don’t they still make tea or something?

I wouldn’t know – don’t drink the stuff. I’ve only recently stepped up to Moccona from Blend 43 and International Roast.

73. Mitch M.

*Nicotine CAUSES dependence on higher dosages of anti psychotics (BULLSHIT! WHAT IS THE MECHANISM YOU FUCKING CRANKS!?)

Psychiatry is so hypocritical. Here is a list of the possible problems with antipsychotics.

Potentially fatal immune and heart acute conditions.
    Cerebral shrinkage.
    Tardive dyskinesia(facial tics that remain even after cessation)
    Metabolic syndrome.
    Elevated blood sugar.
    Dysregulated lipid metabolism.
    Type 2 diabetes.

There are two potential mechanisms as to why smoking reduces antipsychotics. Smoking increases the expression of liver generated p450 enzymes that breakdown a great many drugs, and, some antipsychotics are anticholinergic and nicotine binds to nicotinic ACHR, a key acetylcholine receptor that plays an important in preventing microglia shifting into an inflammatory state which might explain why antipsychotics induce cerebral shrinkage.

The most laughable oxymoronic biomedical journal title: “Biological Psychiatry”. Shamans in white coats.

74. Knuckle Dragger

I was just about to tell a story about tardive dyskinesia, but Mitch beat me to it.

Well played, sir.

75. Steve trickler

On the streets of Jerusalem.

Pedro the Ignorant
    #3043629, posted on June 15, 2019 at 11:17 pm

Geez, Steve. Yodelling?

Go back to fighter jets roaring around mountain valleys.

My God, fighter jets I usually ignore, seen one seen all, but ventured a look-see on the jodelling girl.

Want my time back.

77. Armadillo

The Chinese are craving coal and bacon. Any sensible negotiator should be able to screw them over on that alone.

78. Dave in Marybrook

Conan the Barbarian theme sounds a freakin’ heap like the Total Recall opening theme.

B…dy ‘ell he (Setve) came up with something worse.

Is there no end to his talent to find awful u-tube stuff?

80. Armadillo

Australians would probably kill for a 100 watt light bulb, that you could afford to run.

81. Bruce in WA

Oh God, yes please !

82. Knuckle Dragger

Innings break show in the cricket dedicated to Pat Cummins and how he terrifies opposing top-order batsmen.

Actual match – gets pasted for 12 off his first over.

83. Steve trickler

Nice work, Azure.

84. max

It’s a bit like morse with that dog. Two tweets – go left. One longer – go right. The sheep seemed to be in on it, though. I’d like a look at their bank records.

85. Knuckle Dragger

Frigging bats having a punch on in the palm tree next to the back verandah roof. About eight feet away.

If they’re expecting a handful of mince and their photo taken they’re very much mistaken. Loud angry bastards.

86. Pedro the Ignorant

Only in New Zealand would a dog chasing sheep be on prime time TV.

But probaly rates better than “Australia’s Got Talent” or “The Project”.

87. Knuckle Dragger

Put Jane Caro on NZ’s TV1 after she moves there.

The dog would street her in the ratings.

Knuckle Dragger

#3043651, posted on June 16, 2019 at 12:00 am

I fuckin hate them.
    We live in a direct line between the local Batanical Gardens in the biggest Moreton Bay fig in the known universe.
    Neither the bats or the tree are going anywhere.

89. Knuckle Dragger

Their shit, unlike most birds will actually melt car paintwork.

90. Knuckle Dragger

‘Batanical’

Got it!

91. Mother Lode

I watched a program the other day about the MI5 operation to dismantle the Nazi spy rings in England and substitute their own agents feeding the Bazis false or out of date information.

In the early days the fellow who would become second in command was a field operative. He always drunk and smoked with his left hand. But that was because he wished to make sure his right hand was ready at any moment to whip out and fire a gun, to hit someone etc.

Chuckle. Big Crypt night – yodelling, sheepdog trials, live blogging of the cricket and bats.

Something for everyone.

93. None

Steve trickler

#3043640, posted on June 15, 2019 at 11:34 pm

Brilliant.

None
    #3043665, posted on June 16, 2019 at 1:37 am

Steve trickler

#3043640, posted on June 15, 2019 at 11:34 pm

Brilliant.

You are just being contrarian, it’s awful, nothing to do with you know what.

PS, don’t encourage him!

96. Steve trickler

None :
    #3043665, posted on June 16, 2019 at 1:37 am

Stickler,
    Try this one on for size, much more down to earth, or should I say up in the air than fighter jets bothering the crap out of sheep in the valleys.

98. Steve trickler

Stick your Facebook links up your arse, Mark.

Steve trickler
    #3043674, posted on June 16, 2019 at 3:14 am

Stick your Facebook links up your arse, Mark.
    Done.
    Not very comfy but they fit.
    Thanks, and the same to you with your links.

Come on Tickler escalate and post, don’t chicken out.
    You obviously have your follerers don’t mind me.

I’m simply letting out some steam.
    (steam? steam engines? I like those, best of your efforts, style of noise? not so much)

Tom must be glued to the screen watching golf.

102. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Tour guide definitely did Jimmy Stewart voice. We asked him later which movie and he said North to Alaska, worst movie ever made. So his problem, not mine, Nick, and you can turn that snark off. Paul would make mincemeat of you.

Sorry you won’t get to meet him, Calli, but hope you enjoy the train trip. Those original old carriages are very cute. There is also a genuine very big snowplow engine from the late 1890’s on display as you walk back to the pier where the QE docks, and some display panels showing that famous ice step ascent photo.

If you are still in Banf there is a geological rock shop that also sells artifacts and well-priced rock j2well-ry. I bought a lovely cabechon moonstone nicely set in sterling silver for under $100 Canadian. These stones of milky opaque quartz are not rare but good one have a marvellous blue flash in some lights which I like just as much as some other far more expensive rings that Hairy has bought me over the years.

103. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Just read John Roscom’s IPA weekly email re failure of leadership by big business. Verygood. Made a longer comment on that here but flakey internet lost it. Seems the Icy Point Indian Enterprise is too remote to sustain the QE entourage onslaught.

Reading European blogs, I see the same problem being mentioned about education standards.
    Lower entree points etc. spec. for teachers.
    Added problem is that if you don’t qualify in one EU country you can go university shopping in others.

Who is going to build our bridges and maintain/develop our mines?
    Will you trust our future engineers?

I noticed a post here mentioning the lower score needed for engineering degrees in one uni.
    What next? Doctors?

105. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

This is a privately owned tourist stop with limited numbers of ships. Not on the usual itineraries. One of the best places to see black bears in the wild, so taking the arvo tour. These bears can get cranky as unusually they have some Polar Bear DNA.

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #3043681, posted on June 16, 2019 at 5:46 am

They could maintain a permanent IT link if they wanted to ( I’m sure the captain has one) but it’s more important for them to cater to the majority of captured clientele than to satisfy a few outliers.

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #3043683, posted on June 16, 2019 at 5:52 am

Wouldn’t that be he other way around?
    Just being nitpicking.

Driving them off in droves I does.

Half past ten here PM, 6:30 in OZ, the curse of my presence is stronger than I thought.
    Ce la vie.
    (don’t deflate my big head by saying it’s Sunday and you are all sleeping in)

Have to go to bed, have fun beautiful people.

110. bespoke

Tom
    #3043564, posted on June 15, 2019 at 9:33 pm

Is that it? Glad I went to sleep.

111. bespoke

Every one is a [email protected]@ (left) every one is a troll (Tom)

112. bespoke

I wish IamPeter came to the Open Forum and graced us with his ‘integrated thinking’.

113. MatrixTransform

Thanks Adam.

Trump vs. Che Guevara on Gay Pride—A Media Comparison
    Humberto Fontova |Posted: Jun 15, 2019 12:01 AM

“Who put a book by that FILTHY F*GGOT on my shelf!” snarled Che Guevara upon noticing a book on the shelf of the Cuban embassy in Algiers in December 1964. The snarling and disgusted Che yanked out the book by Virgilio Piñera and slammed it against the wall, while snarling more insults of the sort that would get any American political figure vituperated for life by those such as Time magazine, and banned from all social media.

Piñera was an internationally-famous gay poet who had somehow prospered in “fascist, racist, classist, macho-ist, etc. etc. etc.!” Cuba before its “liberation” and “progressive enlightenment” by the Castro brothers and Che Guevara as hailed by the world’s “progressives” practically en masse.

Whatever else we might say about Che Guevara, in this case at least, this genuine Russian colluder (in case some have forgotten what Russian collusion actually looks like) certainly put his KGB-trained torturers where his mouth was. To wit:

A year after Che Guevara’s tantrum against “filthy f*ggots!” the regime he co-founded began herding tens of thousands of Cuban men and boys into forced labor camps for the crime of fluttering their eyelashes, flapping their hands, wearing tight pants, talking with a lisp, listening to rock music, etc.

In brief, Che Guevara co-founded the only regime in the modern history of the Western Hemisphere to herd gays at gunpoint into forced-labor camps for the crime of being gay (or suspected gays). Many were tortured and worked to death in these slave-labor camps known as “UMAP,” where a sign at the entrance read: “WORK WILL MAKE MEN OUT OF YOU.” The sign at the entrance to Auschwitz read “WORK WILL MAKE YOU FREE”

115. bespoke

It’s going to be an uphill battle for Paul Joseph Watson to build another platform. SJW’s have already hassled into caving like payment services, hosting, ISP’s and software providers. So unless he can lock in all those I don’t like his chances. Also he dos’t understand the limits of what any President can do under these circumstances.

116. Buttercup

Has Libertyfest Brisbane 2019 died?
    Does anyone know why?

117. mh

India vs the Pakis tonight.

It’s war!

118. Has Libertyfest 2019 died?
    Does anyone know why.

119. Overburdened

Update from CQ.
    Coming to the end of a stint in the boonies so shouted myself a trip to the Whitsundays.
    What a clip joint tourist trap overbuild overpriced miserable soulless place is Airlie Beach.
    Full of backpackers working in the shops and nothing happens if your hand is not always reaching into your pocket.
    Trophy boats litter the water and trendoids wander around in Lycra with phones on speaker talking shit about themselves, no surf and too much of a rip off to go for a dive.
    Parked near the Police station, did the waterfront walk to Airlie township so called, walked back and got out of there.
    Cost of travel, time taken to get there and back exorbitant for 3 hours.
    Now back in a donga and glad to be away from the tourist Mecca.

Top of the kornin’ Cats.

I’m at Emerald Lake, just north of Lake Louise. Vast and beautiful. We have a little chalet – the one furthest from the Guest House. It overlooks the milky green lake through a lacework of conifers.

Popped in to Lake Louise on the way through, just to tick it off the list. What a nightmare. Parking in the overflow carpark, shuttle buses running every 15minutes. Payment $4 return for seniors. Sounds okay, doesn’t it? Except that payment had to be exclusively by card, the machines were satellite ones at two-three minutes per transaction and the queue was around 400 people long. Do the math, as they say here.

It reminded me of Yes Minister’s patientless hospital. Buses were running half empty because payments couldn’t be made fast enough. Or…they were filled up and kept waiting to run to schedule. The worst was the connection to Lake Moraine – in the end we just ran out of time.

Upside – just out of Lake Louise is a little siding town called Field. Field still has the big steam engine water tower next to the tracks. And in Field is Truffle Pigs General Store which sells delicious French Canadian food. A world away from the Fairmont and downtown Banff. Put it on your list.

Lol. Mornin’

Must have tucker on my mind.

Albo has a Setka dilemma on his hands
    Peta Credlin
    June 15, 2019 11:00pm
    WHEN a party leader calls for a party member to resign, and the member fails to do so, it’s not the member who’s in big trouble but the leader.

Of course, the Victorian CFMMEU boss John Setka is an embarrassment that opposition leader Anthony Albanese wants gone. But it should not have been his recent private disparagement of anti-domestic violence campaigner Rosie Batty that triggered calls for Setka’s resignation. He should have gone long ago because of his consistent support for standover tactics in the construction industry. And the Labor Party should have disowned the construction division of the union long ago because of its record of intimidation and lawlessness.

There are more than 70 CFMMEU officials and members facing court. In the past few years, the union has been fined over $16 million for persistent law breaking.

Yet it’s only now that the Labor leader has called time — and only on Setka and not on the union itself, which is one of the Labor’s biggest funders.

Of course, now that he’s started this fight, Anthony Albanese simply can’t afford to lose. But as a union leader who’s thumbed his nose at other unions, businesses and law enforcement agencies, Setka is hardly likely to be stared down by a politician, by journalists, or even by the ACTU president. Moral persuasion just won’t work against someone like Setka. All that can bring him down is a vote of his members or the judgment of a court; and, so far, multiple adverse judgments have only made his union poorer. By taking Setka on without the capacity to finish him off, Albanese has highlighted both the unions’ stranglehold on the ALP and his own impotence.

If Setka isn’t gone within the next few days, Albanese’s leadership will have been crippled almost as it began.

123. John Constantine

The new highland clearances.

An Iron Fist in a Green Glove
    Emptying pastoral Tibet with China’s national parks

I will use the ‘iron fist in green glove’ in times to come.

The clearances of Australias murray darling basin continue, unstoppable.

Once one belt, one road, becomes one final solution to the nomad problem, chicom billionaire developers will be able to deploy capital to massively increase the stocking rates of the central asian steppes.

Reticulated water for dry times and hay and grain reserves for stock feedlot finishing and cold times, and fencing for controlled grazing and improved pastures and fertiliser and irrigation and logistics for taking produce to market.

Australian sheep won’t compete with steppes sheep once the revolution occurs.

Just gotta clear out the nomads into the camps first.

Comrades.

124. bespoke

Do KFC still sell kornin on the cob?

125. John Constantine

The soviet union was once the worlds biggest wool buyer.

The soviets had a plan to boost sheep numbers in the central asian stans, and they got the numbers up just before the collapse.

Being a socialist plan, it was just for big numbers, not productivity or what to do in the dry or the cold.

The sheep without infrastructure or logistics died or were eaten by the nomads, who went back to zero input, walk around chasing grass, hand to mouth, zero capital accumulation sheep.

Once the chicoms purge the nomads and deploy capital, the steppes can run multiples of australias entire sheepflock. Take time, but you can see the plan.

Comrades.

Isn’t that pretty much the story of all history though? Nomadic low-tech people slowly get land enclosures imposed on them by high tech people who have rules about land ownership and subdivision.

I’m not claiming this is a wonderful result, but it’s happened everywhere else, why not in the steppes?

Oh yeah, that’s the other story of all history … capital deployment increases productivity. Which is kind of the whole purpose of having rules about ownership in the first place.

128. BrettW

Go Setka ! Causing problems within his own Union / ACTU / Labor and daily negative comments.

129. P

Tour guide definitely did Jimmy Stewart voice.

The Far Country (1954)?
    The far country of the title is Alaska, where James Stewart, a cold-hearted cattleman, and his sidekick Walter Brennan, a garrulous old codger, drive a herd of cattle to cash in on the gold rush.

Good grief.

It’s Stewart Grainger in North to Alaska, not Jimmy Stewart. It even had Fabian in it. No wonder the guide was unimpressed.

131. MatrixTransform

screw Setka and the ALP both.
    They’re my sheep, not your wool.
    Maybe they see me as a Kulak
    ?
    maybe they ask the sheepdog how to run the farm.

132. duncanm

cohenite
    #3043615, posted on June 15, 2019 at 10:53 pm

The next q&a panel looks to be a doozy. I must practise my projectile vomiting.

I dunno – it might be amusing to see Brian Cox try to big note himself in front of a couple of people who know a shed load more than him in their fields.

Having Karoly talk with someone who’s actually researched Earth’s atmosphere back past the beginning of life on Earth, and has studied the Great oxygenation Event, which cooled the Earth’s atmosphere (Van Kranendonk) might open a few eyes, too.

133. Peter

I didn’t realise that the HK protests had a Christian dimension. Outsiders just played this video:

If the link doesn’t work – sorry. Google Kathy Balcombe Facebook.

P
    #3043712, posted on June 16, 2019 at 9:04 am
    Tour guide definitely did Jimmy Stewart voice.

The Far Country (1954)?

Reminds of John Wayne and Walter Brennan 1948 Red River

135. duncanm

Steve trickler
    #3043671, posted on June 16, 2019 at 2:48 am

remember the days in Australia when you were allowed to ride your BMX in the mall ?

Why have we let ourselves be ruled to the ‘nth ?

136. John Constantine

In Australia, the clearances are about decreasing productivity and increasing resources poured into the elites rewilding carbon ponzi bubble, debt fueled.

I only mention the chicom push to make the nomads lands golden fleece mines for city billionaires, as it directly replaces Australian production.

Looking forward, one belt one road will expose Australia’s productivity to competition.

Comrades.

calli
    #3043714, posted on June 16, 2019 at 9:08 am
    Good grief.

Johnny Horton – North To Alaska Lyrics | Genius Lyrics
    https://genius.com › J › Johnny Horton
    North To Alaska Lyrics: Way up north (north to Alaska) / Way up north (north to Alaska) / North to Alaska – go north, the rush is on / North to Alaska – go north, the .

138. bespoke

ride your BMX in the mall

When/where was that?

duncanm
    #3043721, posted on June 16, 2019 at 9:29 am

Compensation lawyers?

140. Nick

A tour guide who does impressions? I’m quaking. What next, a mime ?

141. duncanm

The greater idiocy of the lower entry marks for engineers, is that I’m fairly sure we don’t have an engineer shortage – its all about bolstering revenue for the university with more sausages out.

*Disclosure*

The Beloved is a John Wayne tragic. His mates used to rib him about it mercilessly back in the 70’s.

143. Morsie

At a farmer’s market yesterday.One of the stall holders from up on the Murray tells me it’s his last market for a few years.The cost of water is causing them to shut down the farm.Fittingly he is taking a full time job in Canberra.

144. bespoke

Nick
    #3043726, posted on June 16, 2019 at 9:38 am
    A tour guide who does impressions? I’m quaking. What next, a mime ?

It’s on, finally!

calli – John Wayne still listed as the biggest box office favorite of exhibitors from 1949 to 1972.

146. feelthebern

Morsie, the first question I ask anyone bitching about the price of water is did they sell any of their permanent high security rights.
    The next one is did they knowingly buy dry land (land where the water rights have already been sold).

147. feelthebern

Great WIP Tom.
    Usually I snigger at a couple of them.
    Today was laugh out loud.

148. Nick

It’s on, finally!

Ha, Hyacinth? Nah.

149. feelthebern

Great WIP Tom.
    Usually I sn1gger at a couple of them.
    Today was laugh out loud.

150. Nick

City of Sydney councillor Kerryn Phelps is spearheading an effort to stop the police taking too many parking spaces in one of the city’s busiest suburbs.

Sounds serious

Residents and businesses in Surry Hills accuse the officers who work out of the city’s Sydney Police Centre in Surry Hills of being “bad neighbours” for parking their vehicles in civilian spots despite having huge amounts of dedicated parking.

Ooohh

Dr Phelps, whose nearby medical practice on Bourke St is affected by the police presence, is calling for a “comprehensive study” of parking in Surry Hills, including community consultation. She intends to ask questions about the issue at the next city council meeting on June 24.

There we go.

151. John Constantine

The price of water is transformed by the compliance with the signed convention on the Rights of the waterfowl of the Coorong to live on freshwater on its way to being dumped unused out to sea.

Also transformed by the slow decommissioning of the snowy mountains scheme to be replaced by pumped hydro, no irrigation.

Fixed costs spread over less water and less customers means per capita increase in fixed costs.

Water rates go up to fund every insane compliance with every lefty quota, quirk and quwiminality going around.

The increase in my water rates is up in throbbing aneurysm territory, no competition, no complaints, just taxing capital for an office where every day is Fat Thursday.

Comrades.

152. Seco

Regarding Setka, it’s interesting that nobody can identify what these supposed disgraceful comments were. It’s just that he said something disgraceful about St Rosie of Batty and therefore despite doing far worse previously he now has to go. If the media were not so in with Labor they’d probably drill Albo and Co harder than just asking what their position is on these “disgraceful” comments about the saintly one.

I lived in the city at the time the Olympic Poobars decided to setup shop, and I can tell you not one of them ever caught the train like little people. They gave themselves the authority to allocate every second parking spot to themselves. Authoritarian Sea Nuts have always have complete disdain for the people they supposedly serve.

154. Farmer Gez

And?
    When costs exceed profit the decision to sell water is sensible.
    Irrigators face direct competition from government buyers who have no economic imperative in their purchase. These buyers also control the supply and limit any expansion of supply.
    Dry land is where the irrigation system has been shut down or permanent water rights have been withdrawn. Buyers would be aware of this.

155. Nick

Wikipedia “Hyacinth Bucket (Patricia Routledge) – who insists her surname is pronounced Bouquet (although her husband Richard has said, “It was always ‘Bucket’ until I met you!”)[5] – is an over-bearing, social-climbing snob, originally from an underclass background, whose main mission in life is to impress others with her lifestyle, perceived affluence, and refinement.”

156. BrettW

MH,
    Those CFMMEU members who say I stand with John Setka should , after his guilty plea, say I stand with a convicted female abuser and White Ribbon hypocrite.

Have White Ribbon disowned him and his Union yet and requested no wearing of their anti DV t-shirts etc ?

Today’s Courier Mail cartoon is of Setka in his black CFMMEU t-shirt holding up his Albo glove puppet. There wasn’t even an article about it on those two pages near it. CFMMEU members must be proud their thug in chief is maintaining their hard earned reputation.

157. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Ah good old network TV.

Streaming Sabrina the Teenage Witch for free.

Welp. That’ll save the business.

Well done Gen X executives. Have another can of Monster.

158. BrettW

Seco,
    We can only hope Setka guilty plea to the pending charges will boost the popcorn sales even more as the real issue takes over from the Batty distraction.

The old playground …
    Saudi Arabia to USA: “Fight, fight, fight!”
    The old game.

160. bespoke

Stop it calli the Cat is no place for shit stirring. 🤣

161. Knuckle Dragger

Bloody hell, the coppers used to park divisional vans on the footpath in Melbourne’s CBD when they were going to jobs (not getting a feed, mind) and nobody cared.

There was a massive stoush at one point between the jacks in Fitzroy and Collingwood and the grey ghosts. The ghosties, particularly one or two were apparently a bit anti-, and took to giving the ice cream vans tickets whenever they were parked in a way that was even a teensy bit non-compliant, and regardless of circumstance.

The coppers would get out of the tickets, of course, but it cost them time and paperwork to write a novel on why they (justifiably) shouldn’t have been booked. Eventually, the bear got tired of being poked, and every ghost within driving distance was tormented for ‘speeding’, ‘unroadworthy vehicle’, ‘fail to indicate’, ‘use phone (Nokia brick) while driving’ and so on. That’s what the briefs said, anyway.

The ghosties learned the coppers were far better at this game than they were, and retreated under the cover of furious letters to the editor. Not in the Currant Bun, mind, but the local rags you throw straight in the bin.

162. feelthebern

The biggest group lobbying in Canberra for water “reform” are a group of Sydney siders who knowingly bought dry land. They want water “reform” to give them water rights for free.

163. feelthebern

And?
    When costs exceed profit the decision to sell water is sensible.

The farmer said the cost of water was the reason he was shutting up shop.
    Farmers who sell their permanent water rights are making a business decision.
    If this chap sold his water rights, he’s a moron.

A vignette of Lake Louise.

Among the vast, surging crowds leaping forward to take the selfie or the peace sign or the jumping shot against the limpid blue/green, stands a group of four Poms. They juggle cameras, finding a perfect position on the edge.

One of them offers to take our photo and we reciprocate. The Beloved (also known as Haveachat) strikes up conversation. Rugby and cricket are discussed earnestly. We discover that they will be on the Queen Elizabeth in a few days’ time (they are doing the Rockies extension offered by Cunard which we declined because Alaska).

We’ll meet you again in the Pub (said no Aussie ever). Chuckle.

165. BrettW

Out of interest I looked up the Governor of Hong Kong to see her background.

Lifelong member of the Civil Service who was already at the top level in 1997. Interestingly she and her husband and kids were British citizens although she renounced her British citizenship to take the top job. Only a few years ago she indicated she was going to retire to the UK countryside. Her pension from her HK service would be a huge amount of money upon which to retire.

Since her kids no longer live in HK she had no skin in the game regarding the future of the place. So when she does retire she won’t have to walk around amongst the people whose wishes she is going against.

166. Frank Walker from National Tiles

If new artesian water sources could be homesteaded, the water issue would largely go away. There would be an incentive and no one could say they lost any right. Those holding high security licenses are compensated in a way that water would become abundant and could max out their acres under irrigation.

167. Knuckle Dragger

Nota, yesterday, on my accurate commentary that when you hook up properly with a chick your mates soon become distant memories, while her friends suddenly become your friends, along with their hubbies and boyfriends of whom your first instinct is to punch them in the throat:

‘And how many men….. take centuries to get over it’

Nota, if you don’t like my policies then don’t vote for me.

168. Old School Conservative

Thanks Tom, from the late getter-upperer brigade.

169. Crossie

oke
    #3043732, posted on June 16, 2019 at 9:46 am
    Nick
    #3043726, posted on June 16, 2019 at 9:38 am
    A tour guide who does impressions? I’m quaking. What next, a mime ?

It’s on, finally!

Our tour guide in Boston performed the entire “Paul Revere’s Ride” poem at one of the stops along The Freedom Trail. She was even dressed in period costume.

170. bespoke

Knuckle Dragger
    #3043760, posted on June 16, 2019 at 10:19 am

Never happened to me. The trick is separate interest this help keep things interesting.

171. Armadillo:

When you think about it, Jerusalem doesn’t matter. Occupy Mecca.

This is a scenario I espoused a couple of years ago.
    Mecca/Medina are very close to the sea. Occupy them with troops/tanks etc, with fleet backup.
    Defend them against all comers until the Muslamic coalitions agree to behave themselves.
    Escalate in several stages – latrine/porcine/Ground Zero. Israeli Occupation of the parking lot.
    Slaughter any enemy formations that approach and raise the IQ of the ME by twenty points.
    We didn’t start this, but the human race is stuck here until this curse is removed.
    I don’t know how much NASA pay to have to secure each launch from missile attack, nor do I know how much it costs to fumigate each launch to the ISS, but the security checks must be costly.

172. Crossie

C.L.
    #3043752, posted on June 16, 2019 at 10:10 am
    The old playground …
    Saudi Arabia to USA: “Fight, fight, fight!”
    The old game.

Why don’t the Saudis do their own fighting? They’ve bought enough US hardware to be adequately armed.

173. feelthebern

Trump needs to flush John Bolton asap.

The Boston tour guides are unique. Ours looked like she’d just stepped out of an American Primitive. She was a Uni student (history) earning summer $$$.

175. Roberto

Nick

A tour guide who does impressions? I’m quaking. What next, a mime ?

At least then you wouldn’t have to put up with execrable attempts at an accent.

176. Nick

BrettW, she’s not the Governor. I’ve met her, she once had kind words to say about me. She’s ok, a cold, British trained civil servant who has little idea as to what toilet paper would cost.

The word was that given as you said, her family resided in the UK, she was going to hightail it there. Why she didn’t is an interesting question. Perhaps the Central Government are her an offer she couldn’t refuse?

177. mh

BrettW,

The CFMMEU put their members jobs above the Labor campaign this year. They stood for something.

What does the Liberal Party stand for?

178. Farmer Gez

Farmers who sell their permanent water rights are making a business decision.
    If this chap sold his water rights, he’s a moron

How so?
    Water is only one cost.
    The cost of electricity to pump water has just about closed the Naracoorte irrigation zone.
    Northern Vic irrigated dairy is in sharp decline as is the Southern pasture dairy districts without irrigation costs. Beef and sheep farmers are buying up dairy farms in the Western district.
    Having water rights doesn’t mean you will run at a profit.

179. Nick

At least then you wouldn’t have to put up with execrable attempts at an accent.

True.

180. feelthebern

The Boston tour guides are unique.

I’d prefer a tour guide from Southie.
    Straight off the set of The Departed.

181. rickw

Hong Kong protests: a clash between Christianity & Communism

Thanks Roger.

182. Nick

The Departed was good, the film it was stole from, Hong Kong’s ‘Infernal Affairs’, was even better.

Why don’t the Saudis do their own fighting?

To be a Saudi is to have others work for you.

184. feelthebern

Having water rights doesn’t mean you will run at a profit.

Who said it would?
    You’re trying to conflate the issues.
    I said, if the guy is complaining about water prices one should question his past water transactions.
    Farmers who sell their permanent water rights who then complain about the price of water are an odd bunch.

185. feelthebern

Hong Kong’s ‘Infernal Affairs’, was even better.

Very true.
    Funny how Scorsese got his first Oscar for a remake.

186. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Beef and sheep farmers are buying up dairy farms in the Western district.
    Having water rights doesn’t mean you will run at a profit.

Know a lass whose parents are doing this, near Deni (but south of da border)…

Should I go acre chasing, boys?

Here are my advisors, ladies.

Anyway, spoke to a mate of mine who was born into farming, he has bough sheep “mutton is the new lamb”, was surprised at how much barley he had sown. I know there is a feed requirement in dry years but with the rainfall and likelihood of more wet weather (near Deni as well), any speculation as to the chance of him taking a bath on grain prices? The wily bugger will probably buy and hold though until it hits 370 AUD/tonne again for shitty old feed barley.

187. feelthebern

Never underestimate how smart some farmers are.
    Never underestimate how stupid some farmers are.

188. mh

Scorsese’s The Departed is total shite.

When a Director relies on a soundtrack to carry the film you know it’s made for dummies.

189. feelthebern

Stimpy, Jimmy Dore refers to that Iran clip a lot.
    To be fair, that was 2012.
    & the guy was a knob.
    But I reckon John Bolton watches that once a day with his pants around his ankles.

190. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

We saw blonde bear! Quite rare, amongst this population of brown bears (not black ones as I said earlier). With its male mate, a large chestnut coloured bear.

The polar bear DNA coming out strongly.

Goodnesss, so much comment here about this Hyacinth woman. Couldn’t access Calli’s link and I’ve never seen the show.

If this lady is apparently (and mistakenly) so much like me perhaps she writes for Quadrant?

191. Notafan

KD

Only if you are a weak kneed beta who has no idea what a decent woman is.

I don’t know anyone who had their men friends excluded by their wives.

192. feelthebern

Casino was Scorsese’s best.

193. Knuckle Dragger

*helps keep*

There are no separate interests. There are her interests, and your interests that suddenly become the worst thing ever devised in human history. You must defend and protect them like you’re at the Alamo. Even worse, let them intrude on your interests and it’s all over.

Example.

Best mate is a mad golfer, and plays off mid-single figures. Six months ago he hooked up with a GF (very tasty bit of kit, too). She expressed an interest in taking up golf – and against my explicit warnings, mind you – he decided to take her out on the course.

It was an ‘activity they could do together’.

And then, of course, it started. Could you buy me a putter? Shen then had to be more fashionably golf-dressed than any other woman within ICBM range of the course. Are you really wearing that to golf? You didn’t teach me to hit the ball right! You can’t leave me alone at the table while you speak to your friends. That friend of yours with the lairy shirt looks shifty. Why is he single? He must be a bastard (of course, this is me, reported by a spy coming back from the bar within their earshot).

One of the saddest days of my life was when they turned up on course with brand new matching golf clothes.

Last week she dumped him, citing ‘it’s not you it’s me, I need to find myself’ and other nonsense, and taking with her all the new shit he’s bought for her. He is, of course, gutted. This is not a time for ‘I told you so’.

That will come later. And he will learn.

194. Cohenite:
    The Bjorn Lomberg post is reproduced in its entirety here.

195. Yup. Oyve read Hyacinth’s articles at quadrant.

196. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Good lord.

That shit belongs in 1970s sit coms and 1980s horror flicks.

197. feelthebern

Dear Lord.

198. areff

FTB: You want Irish-American? Forgot the Murphies, its Black 47 all the way.

199. mh

Sometimes I see lezzos in matching clothes.

200. bespoke

Not a chance KD that’s why we have sheds but unlike Arky I can go back into the house.

201. Knuckle Dragger

The we’re in furious agreement Nota.

Guard your interests and your mates like a Sydney funnelweb protecting her young. Piss her off at the first attempt to go all henpecky. Works for me.

And I walk these streets
    With my six-string on my back
    And I play for keeps
    ‘Cos I might not make it back.

202. feelthebern

I’ve seen the future Mrs feelthebern again.
    Goes back to Noosa shortly.
    Will be a good test to see if the flame continues to burn.
    Smart ladies are the best ladies.

203. feelthebern

Black 47

A good movie too.

We all have a bit of Hyacinth in us, keeping up those appearances. I get accused of it all the time by the kids. I used to be called Violet on account of my property with “room for a pony”.

These days I’m more like a Daisy.

Never, ever been an Our Rose, but.

205. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Sometimes I see lezzos in matching clothes.

It’s actually a uniform.

206. Nick

These days I’m more like a Daisy.

I love Daisy and Onslow.

207. areff

Apologies. Keeps picking up the wrong URL. Third attempt nd then I’ll give up

Winston Smith

#3043789, posted on June 16, 2019 at 10:44 am

Cohenite:
    The Bjorn Lomberg post is reproduced in its entirety here.

Thanks. Sometimes articles in the Australian can be accessed momentarily. Hot Copper does put up articles; there seems to be no rhyme or reason.

What I do is put up a post on face chook and then bookmark it.

209. MatrixTransform

Nota, if you don’t like my policies then don’t vote for me.

nota hides behind a veil of ignorance.

210. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Goddamn. She’s upwardly managing the Trump administration now.

ALL HAIL DA REAL KWEEN. YOU ARE DA KWEEN NOW.

DA KWEEN KNOWS DA WAE

Tulsi Gabbard took to twitter to call out the Trump administrations attempts to escalate tensions with Iran. However, this is not the first time that she has called out these attempts. Congresswoman Gabbard actually warned us about these escalations over a month ago.

[Mike ‘we lie, we cheat, we steal’ Pompeo Total credibility. 😂😂😂]

211. feelthebern

I watched Vice the other day.
    Christian Bale is awesome.
    However the movie is garbage.
    With GW Bush, you don’t need to embellish some of the shit they got up to.

& again with the Valerie Plame horse shit.
    DICK ARMITAGE WAS THE SOURCE.
    & when the whole thing blew up, he should have resigned & admitted it.
    But he was dickless so didn’t.

212. feelthebern

Trump needs to sack John Bolton.

213. Old School Conservative

bespoke
    #3043803, posted on June 16, 2019 at 10:55 am
    Where is Struth?

Doing a Doomlord.
    Working in poor internet connection parts of our great country.
    Has posted quick comments from time to time.

214. Frank Walker from National Tiles

I was an admirer of Bolton, he has gone south real quick.

I honestly think he and the Koch Bros are starting to go senile.

215. Knuckle Dragger

The AFL continues to lead the way in unintended consequences.

As last night’s Carlton-Dogs match drew to a close the Blues supporters, hundreds of them and upset with a decision or two, began yelling ‘bald-headed flog’ at the umpires.

And then a mouthy Dogs supporter handed a bit of lip to some Carlton punters after the siren, sparking an all-in in one of the stands that the coppers had to sort out.

If only we had Behavioural Awareness Officers or something.

216. mh

I watched some of Hawke on Friday night. Was that a movie or a series?

The actor really pulled it off.

* Phrasing *

217. Bruce from Newcastle:

I’m sad that our society is now controlled by these cargo cult bureaucrats, who deny cigarettes to mentally ill elderly people and deny cannabis oil to dying epileptics because of the holy writ of something or other. Yet at the same time they shove amphetamine-related Ritalin and sex change drugs down the throats of kids at the drop of a hat. And woe betide if you object.

Welcome to the Dictatorship of the Bureaucracy!
    (If we had an old peoples home nearby, I’d go to their fence and hand out cigarettes. Just to see the staff reaction.)

218. feelthebern

I love how you (reportedly) can’t smoke in a heroin injecting room.

Well done frank; that’s about on par with the fuckwits who blame the cia/jooos/lizard people, anyone but the RoP, for 9/11.

I think Mike Pence is fucking great.

220. I forgot.
    Bruce Newcastle:
    Green the Planet!
    Feed the poor!
    1% CO2 now!

Thank you.

Mike Pompeo is damned good too. And Bolton has a terrific moustache.

It’s easier to find fault than it is to find solutions. That said, I doubt Pompeo is even looking for solutions, so the first step might be getting him out of the way.

Trump needed ruthless heavy hitters like Bolton and Pompeo when the “Deep-State Democrats” were trying their coup attempt against the Presidency. It’s hard for any President to make peace on the international scene when he doesn’t even know who to trust within his own government.

223. Knuckle Dragger

Good work Bern. Keep at it.

I’m assuming, of course, a TT was worn for the occasion of your meet.