Open Forum: June 22, 2019

3,006 Responses to Open Forum: June 22, 2019

1 2 3 13
  1. Nelson Kidd-Players

New Fred. Here’s some thinking music while you claim the top positions:

2. Helen Davidson (nmrn)

Almost made the podium…

3. Everybody’s still talking about Go Fund Me on the other thread.

4. mh

You guys must have been cocked and loaded.

5. Nelson Kidd-Players

True, MV, but it’s always tempting to claim the number one spot. Forgot to dedicate it to Rabz. He used to put a video in the top spot almost every time. More elcectic than me, too. Where’s he been? Secretly undermining the ABC, I hope.

6. Nelson Kidd-Players

Actually the ABC does that by itself. Unfortunately the relevant people cannot see it.

7. You guys must have been cocked and loaded.

Nah. Just finished watching the final episode of Designated Survivor Season Two, and dropped by to see what was happening. Lo and behold, a new thread.

8. Nelson Kidd-Players

That probably looks weird to the rest of you who cannot see my moderated comment.

9. Nelson Kidd-Players

Ŗāƀƶ. <- He must be baaaad. Hope Ita did not knock on O'Doomie's door late at night with an axe…

10. Knuckle Dragger

The Yanks should abduct a few Iranian Navy frogmen and bury them alive, Saddam-style.

11. Knuckle Dragger

Sub-continental fielding at its finest.

Sri Lankan dude runs along the boundary, chasing ball. Picks up ball 3m from boundary. Goes to throw ball. Hat falls off, blows across boundary line. Fieldsman starts to chase hat over boundary line, ball in hand. Realises just in time. Falls over. 3 runs.

12. Knuckle Dragger

GoFundMe. Izzy F. $458,296.

GoFundMe. Teach That Darkie Christian What’s Goddamn Good For Him. $100.

13. Nelson Kidd-Players

I just wanted to allude to this happening on a very regular basis.

14. Speedbox

Seeing as how we are all ‘sporty’ tonight with Folau, please allow me a whinge.

I am blessed with a few children and 2 of them are particularly good at sport and one of those two, is exceptional. She trains for many hours per week (including getting up at 6am to train before school plus after school training) and travels to overseas coaching clinics for 4 weeks, twice a year. We fund all of her travel, equipment, coaching fees and other associated costs and she has genuine potential to represent Australia in a future Olympics.

The problem is, her chosen sport is not one of the mainstream such as swimming or athletics. In fact, its not even a ‘summer’ sport. If she appears in the Olympics, it will be at the winter Olympics.

My issue is this – the local arm of the international federation governing her sport is run by petty bureaucrats who get off on putting the athletes and parents through contortions. They are a cabal of self-interested nepotistic leeches who seem to struggle finding even token funding for the athletes yet seem to find sufficient cash to send themselves interstate to observe ‘regional’ competitions.

These are the same ‘organisers’ who will find themselves able to send a delegation to a major overseas sporting event and bask in the glow of the athlete’s competition. Somehow, they convince the Government that the Federation’s actions have been fundamental to the athletes success (and future) and some more money flows to the Federation.

Complain? Firstly, to who? Secondly, not a f*ckin’ chance. The sporting career of the athlete would be over as they need the local Federation approval to compete overseas and issue a sports ‘visa’. No visa, no compete. Even competing within Australia would become ‘problematic’. Alienate the Federation at your peril.

And these are not well-meaning if misguided amateur administrators. No, they have made a business and healthy living out of it by also exerting significant control over facilities. In this country, the leeching off the sporting prowess of our athletes has become an art form whether at grass-roots level or in the premier national sporting codes.

This is obviously a hot button issue for me. Apologies. Rant off.

15. Rossini

MV
    Can you recommend Designated survivor?

Speedbox.
    I am betting this sport doesn’t survive on ticket sales.
    If it has sponsors, put the pressure on there (anonymously if necessary).
    If Government funded, go to the ministers office (not the bureaucrats) and talk “waste and rorts”.

17. Armadillo

Speed box, is the kid a talented ice fisher person?

I have other guesses if that one is wrong.

18. Knuckle Dragger

Curling’s my guess.

Speed box, is the kid a talented ice fisher person?

I have other guesses if that one is wrong.

Seal clubbing would be my guess.

20. Hi Rossini,

As far as simple entertainment goes, it is good – well acted, interesting storylines etc.
    Just ignore the actual politics, where they attempt to pass off an “independent” President in the mold of Trump, who is regularly fighting with the “nasty, greedy” Republicans, and backing Democrat-style socialist causes.

The trick is to just sit back and enjoy the drama.

21. Nelson Kidd-Players

How did Eddie the Eagle get there? Self-funded, presumably. That option may no longer even be open.

22. Knuckle Dragger

Snow angel making.

Ice sculpting with chainsaws.

23. Armadillo

Seal clubbing would be my guess.

That or something to do with Polar Bears.

Speedbox did mention Government funded.

24. Nelson Kidd-Players

Could she somehow get a personal sponsor that would bring things the Federation could not refuse?

25. Knuckle Dragger

Ice Road Trucking.

Speedbox
    #3048950, posted on June 22, 2019 at 12:23 am

Serious question, any chance of an OS passport, competing under a different nationality?
    Winters ports in Europe and North America treated differently than in OZ.

27. Slim Cognito

Don’t you people ever sleep?

28. Knuckle Dragger

Stone’s Green Ginger Wine drinking.

29. None

Speedbox for the second time this evening I am wondering what the hell our sports journalists do for a living.

Definitely make complaints to the politicians and sometimes it is more effective to go say to an independent or non government Senator or MP who is willing to Rock the Boat and uncomfortable questions. Ask around and see who is likely to the best fit.

I also say and it’s really depends on money and all sorts of other things that if your daughter is really good to get an agent and start chasing personal sponsorship dollars.

Also some sports have a union and while these are usually disgusting outfits sometimes it is worth joining for six months to get some advice. If there is no Union there’s nothing stopping all the athletes banding together to make some public protest.

30. Armadillo

Don’t you people ever sleep?

Speedbox, has a problem that needs solving. We need to be here for him.

It’s got something to do with ice.

31. Speedbox

Leigh Lowe
    #3048952, posted on June 22, 2019 at 12:28 am

Correct, virtually non existent ticket sales and no sponsorship of any real note. Survives on (mostly) parents and (some) Government. Is mainstream huge across Europe and the USA/Canada. I get it – Australia is not known for its winter sporting prowess but my whinge is not about that but what the fuck is it with sports administrators in this country?

Armadillo
    #3048955, posted on June 22, 2019 at 12:30 am

Might as well be for all the difference it makes.

32. Knuckle Dragger

Got it.

The Iditarod.

33. Steve trickler

Perfect time of the evening to take a flight.

34. Armadillo

Immigrant Visas into Europe are a dime a dozen. You just need to coach her.

She is now officially from Uganda, and it has no ice. She feels persecuted. And discriminated against.

35. None

Bless Izzy’s socks it’s up to 460 k.

Speedbox the only other thing I can think of is getting some publicity and then raising funds through yeah go fund me or other fundraisers just for your kid.

God only knows what’s up with sports administration in this country. Good grief we even offer degrees in how to f****** sports these days.

36. Speedbox,

I know the money would be nice, but trust me on this, it’s not worth it. Best for your daughter to remain independent of them and their system. They will eventually self-destruct and take the participants with them. I won’t bore you with my personal details from my younger days, but instead give you modern swimming as an example.

A long time ago now, swimming was very much a local club thing. Kids competed against each other Sunday mornings, clubs met regularly for carnivals, and the best of the best eventually made their way to the state championships.

Kids who did well enough at those championships, their clubs held raffles and other events to raise funds for them to compete in the Australian championships. Some of these ultimately qualified and/or were selected for various international events, like the Commonwealth and Olympic Games. Australia was one of the strongest swimming nations in the world, punching well above our weight population-wise.

Then we formed the Australian Institute of Sport. Today a kid who shows any promise at all is whisked off to Canberra, where they are trained by “experts”. The only time they compete is when they are flown around Australia to compete in each states’ state championships once a year.

Today Australia is comparatively a minnow on the world swimming scene.

37. Knuckle Dragger

Biathlon.

It’s biathlon. Has to be. Fits all Speedbox’s points he listed.

38. Armadillo

Speedbox, my daughter wanted to be a ballerina.

39. Knuckle Dragger

Looked it up.

Definitely biathlon.

And now, flushed with success and because I have to stand around in the sun all weekend, I shall retire with my copy of Beevor’s effort on the Spanish Civil War.

It’s early days yet, but this Franco chap seems like quite the go-getter.

40. Steve trickler

Historic and worthy of a repeat.

Four Hercules in the Mach Loop.

41. Speedbox

Mark A
    #3048964, posted on June 22, 2019 at 12:36 am

She does have dual nationality and trains overseas twice a year (as mentioned above). We have started to think about the alternatives and the advantages – vastly better training facilities, world’s best coaches, mainstream media interest, real sponsorship opportunities.

It really is second-rate in Australia with administrators who willfully reap the wallets of the parents and efforts of the athletes.

The whole thing just pisses me off.

Armadillo
    #3048972, posted on June 22, 2019 at 12:48 am

Yeah, nah. She would have to do black face which would never get away with it. I have threatened to trade her to some people in the Middle East for some camels and a few goats but she just rolls her eyes and says “yeah, sure Dad”.

42. Armadillo

My daughter also wanted to be a Zoologist. Put short thrift to that one.

One word. Giraffe.

At the end of the day, kids are taught about “hopes and dreams”. And that “they can be anything” they want to be. It’s all bullshit. Just like Santa Claus.

I can’t believe parents encourage them.

43. Steve trickler

Lullaby music. Sleep well.

44. Armadillo

It’s early days yet, but this Franco chap seems like quite the go-getter.

Spoiler Alert. Throw the book in the pool.

He ends up solving world poverty, with his good friend Pol Pot. Everyone holds hands and sings Kumbya.

45. Armadillo

You probably should add “snow” to that list.

46. None

It seems speedbox that oversees will be your only option and that means either moving the whole family or part of the family or sending her away by herself which is extremely difficult for a teenager.

47. Armadillo

It all seems rather selfish to me.

How about you give the kid a cuddle and explain that she didn’t make it this time around?

48. Speedbox

memoryvault
    #3048974, posted on June 22, 2019 at 12:52 am

Today Australia is comparatively a minnow on the world swimming scene.

MV – It’s not the money so much as the appalling administration. Realistically, there is no way the local Federation could fund my daughter and numerous others into the world class athletes they have the potential to become. Our sport is too ‘small’ in Australia. I know that the financial burden is mine and wear it readily.

No, my issue is the woeful administration that enriches itself at the expense of the parents and the athletes. I have every confidence that each penny is accounted for and no fraudulent activity could be demonstrated – but the effectiveness of those funds, to advance the sport and the competitive edge of the athletes, is entirely missing except in the most token insignificant amounts (that you have to virtually beg to be considered – which I won’t, fuck ’em.).

None
    #3048984, posted on June 22, 2019 at 1:22 am

Yes, agreed, but by ‘happy’ chronological accident, the child I’m talking about is also the youngest and the age gaps amongst them is such that it is viable from about 2021/2. And, she will still be young enough to greatly benefit from a few years of permanent European based training.

49. Armadillo

She will probably be relieved. A weight lifted from her shoulders.

50. Speedbox

…..didn’t make it this time around?

You mean there is more than one go-around? For all of us? What if we come back as a leech, or a beetle or a rat? WHAT IF WE COME BACK AS AN ARMADILLO??!!!

Sweet Lord, save me.

51. Armadillo

Speedbox, are you like one of those “dance Mum’s”?

52. Speedbox

I don’t even know what that is.

53. None

Speedbox it seems you’re very committed to her and to her sporting career which is fabulous. ( I am assuming that you are not neglecting the wife and other kids). It seems to me that you are mapping out a road towards Europe in which case I’d say f*** the local Federation except for whatever you need to do to get the forms checked and start concentrating on setting up networks and opening coaching and sponsorship opportunities and the like in Europe. It may still be worth approaching politicians here about the writing and waste of money and for that the easiest would be to keep a diary of examples and events so you can go to them with some hard evidence. I know I know it’s like one extra thing on top of the squid and things you seem to be doing juggling work family and sport. I do wish you and your daughter the best though.

54. None

463K and a couple of big donations in the last five minutes. It will be interesting to see what the total is tomorrow morning. Goodnight CaT’s.

55. Speedbox

None
    #3048991, posted on June 22, 2019 at 1:41 am
    Speedbox it seems you’re very committed to her…..

Yeah, I am, but all the kids get fair and equal treatment. They all play sports/get things/travel etc etc – the youngest one is just extremely good at her chosen sport.

My wife is ‘happy as’. Happy wife, happy life. 🙂

56. Speedbox

Speaking of which…..goodnight all. Apologies for dominating the thread.

57. Armadillo

I’m hoping it isn’t a Jelena Dokic moment at the Cat.

58. Armadillo

Hmmmm…there is something that isn’t right. Call it “fatherly instinct”.

59. John Constantine

The poms might have to find a spot for Curran.

David Rowe is back at work and his Trump dementia is getting worse.

Speaking of leftard cartoonists, Peter Broelman lives in Adelaide, is syndicated to regional daily newspapers and never misses an opportunity to tip a bucket on his audience. This time, it’s coalminers.

Meanwhile, the UK Tory party’s leadership contest is dragging on forever. Christian Adams (London Evening Standard).

63. amortiser

I visited Kew Gardens in London today with my wife. What a fantastic place it is!! A massive tribute to the achievements of an industrial society. The fact that the massive glass houses were built in the 1840s is amazing on any scale. Truly remarkable.

We went on a tour with a female volunteer and what a disappointment that was. The account of the history of the gardens was interesting but was completely overshadowed by the climate catastrophism. If extinctions resulting from climate change was mentioned once it was mentioned a dozen times. On one occasion, in the next breath she pointed out some water lilies that had been around for 125 million years!!

She pointed out a lovely wild flower growing nearby which grew on Emglish meadowland. She said and I quote,” in the spring the farmer will come along and cut it out to plant some boring crop”.

Wth does she think she eats!!

So here we had this monumental tribute to western industrial civilisation which was powered by coal to warm the glass houses to maintain flora from any part of the world and she was decrying it. There were statements in the glasshouses that said that plants were vital to life on earth but nothing about the fact that CO2 was essential to the lives of all plants. There was no indication as to what concentration of CO2 existed inside the glass houses which enabled the plants there to thrive so well. A complete blankout!!

When I got to the exit I asked for a form to make comments and told them what I thought in no uncertain terms while at the same time making clear my admiration for what had been achieved there.

64. Rossini

amortiser
    #3049025, posted on June 22, 2019 at 6:55 am
    Glad you passed on your comments. Too many of us just keep our thoughts privately, when we should be heard.

Now the Mueller witchhunt is over, poor old Time magazine has lost its marbles, imagining the Trump presidency will last 4EVA!!!*

*At least I think that’s what’s going on. The graphics are so good I suspect POTUS’s social media people may be involved.

66. bespoke

Speedbox
    #3048950, posted on June 22, 2019 at 12:23 am

Seems part of the human condition that the longer an organization is around the less it serves it’s base. This happens in small clubs too, committees attract control freaks that are looking to build personal monuments to there own legacy. Committee processes get more complicated, repetitive and outside the original mandate. We are on an endless collapse and rebuild cycle but that dose not mean we should give up just try harder.

67. rickw

Patrick Cross.

Great work.

68. bespoke

*Numbers Bob had a perfectly legal alternative to being conscripted. He chose not to exercise that option H/T Zulu .

* 1735099 tried to game the system and lost H/T KD.

* 1735099 celebrates the death of 17yr old girls H/T 1735099

😎

69. Crossie

Whenever I click on Michael Ramirez it goes to error code 26. I suppose it doesn’t really matter, he’s gone off the boil lately.

70. You don’t need to check the research to know that stigmatization and stereotyping of mental illness is a characteristic of Conservative thought.
    You need only to browse Catallaxy, where examples abound, applied not only to mental illness, but also sexuality, race, religion and disability.
    Fascinating stuff…..

Such buzz. Such excitement!

No sold out games in Women’s World Cup round of 16

FIFA social justice peoples must be terribly disappointed. Maybe they should have a chat with Rugby Australia.

72. *Johno offered actual first hand experiences of opting out from his fellow Diggers and 1735099 turned him down becouse of hert feeelz!.

Johnno turned down an offer of introductions to interview Nashos at the Binh Ba anniversary in June. This is probably because Johnno doesn’t understand the difference between “every” and “some”.

There were no reliable clairvoyants available at the time who could reliably predict what dates would be drawn from the NS ballot. Less than 1% of registrants took this option, many because they lived in remote locations inaccessible to CMF camps and parades.

* 1735099 tried to game the system and lost H/T KD.

He won. He survived, scored a rehab scholarship and turned it into two undergraduate degrees and a post-graduate specialisation which led to a successful 45 year career culminating in a number of senior positions in Education Queensland.

* 1735099 celebrates the death of 17yr old girls H/T 1735099

1735099 mused that the sad suicide was a consequence of a series of factors not entirely consistent with what was being put about on Catallaxy, and refused to join the conga line of abuse of her parents that was displayed.

73. John Constantine

Big Australia now demands watertight security at regional airports [ economic stimulus to grow GDP].

The Department of Home Affairs has estimated the cost of equipment maintenance and staffing at between $530,000 and $760,000.

Mr Patrick said ongoing costs would lead to either increased council rates or increased ticket prices.

Local councils and ratepayers to pay, or do flights in and out of rural Australia become as expensive as trips to Europe?.

So why does every small regional domestic airport now have to have suicide bomber proof security?.

Obviously clearing the population out of the regions and stacking them in Landsharks developed chicken coop vertical slums is the progressive thing to do.

Comrades.

74. Rossini

Thanks for your continued cartoon efforts each day Tom!

75. 2dogs

bespoke
    #3049031, posted on June 22, 2019 at 7:29 am

You left off where he cited a hilariously racist paper in an attempt to defend government run schools.

What Folau needs this morning is Kochie and co getting all white-hot outraged at him, preferably with some bandana thrown in lecturing people on what they should give to.
    That will get the donations flowing.

77. John Constantine

Mike Carmody, the former chief of security for the Federal Airports Corporation at Sydney Airport, agreed there were some basics — like staff capability to respond to threats — that should be on the agenda, but it was a difficult ask for airport operators.

“We carry on about full body scanning and passenger profiling and it’s all well and good, but when you start looking at regional ports that have no money and regional communities absolutely rely on, they don’t even have fencing or lighting,” he said.

“In regional ports where the airport operator is a very, very small council … they simply don’t have the resources to apply the sort of level of security that’s required now in regional airports.

Let them drive electric cars to the badlands.

78. bespoke

Ill add it to the list 2dogs

79. Farmer Gez

Government Schools.
    A mixed bag but you can’t be sacked for being a lazy or crap teacher.
    Good ancillary staff get the boot to fix budgets laden down by long term bludgers at senior levels.

Has anyone seen Arky?

81. John Constantine

Small regional airports may not have security fencing and lighting, but they aren’t staffed by Hamas-linked bikie cartel drug smugglers either.

If you can get kilos of cocaine and fentanyl through security on a plane, how would it be harder to swap explosives for the drugs?.

The corrupt dogsbodies wouldn’t even have to know it was bomb time, just be paid and told to think it was drugs as usual.

82. EvilElvis

Sports administrators are numpties? No!

All administrators are numpties, half the population are over ‘educated’ administrators! FMD, there’s probably at least two of them out there for every productive thing one of us does. It’s a general sign of the divide between all institutions that wish to wield some power over us less enlightened. Think from your grass roots sports organisation, your local government and then look up the ladder. Slight potential of well meaning, but they are generally inept, want your money one way or the other and are happy to exert what influence they think they have to get their way. For the greater good, for the community, for society. What a fucking country.

83. woolfe

Get your ppl or just learn how to land and take off ad navigate, hire a Cessna 182, land at remote strip, fill Cessna with combustibles, fly into building.

Not hard.

84. min

Hundreds are demonstrating in Brisbane and Melbourne with more planned in Perth against Adani mine . I think it is about time for some long blackouts . Perhaps with no pwer for heating , iphones, computers and a an experience of daily life that thousands of Indians have , might chrange opinions.

85. 2dogs

Ill add it to the list 2dogs

Thanks. This is the research he cited, with the hilarious racism available for viewing pleasure in Table 5 and Appendix A.

86. John Constantine

Federal police commander Ian McCartney said police teams tracking dirty money have identified a ”United Nations” of launderers, mainly in Sydney and Melbourne. He said both cities ”are awash with drug cash”.

The drug money movers are predominantly Vietnamese, Middle Eastern, Tamil and Chinese nationals who knowingly flout laundering laws in return for a 3 per cent to 5 per cent cut of every dollar moved. Commander McCartney said the illicit business is so profitable, some money launderers will even underwrite funds and replace money if it is seized by police. ”What we were seeing is the major [crime syndicate] controllers are actually based offshore,” he said.

”The people that were coming here were at a lower level in what we call shore parties … we could continue to keep arresting them, but the disruptive impact on organised crime was not going to be that significant.

”So our focus shifted to targeting and disrupting the professional money laundering syndicates that are, in effect, moving money on behalf of organised crime.”

Work backwards from the sewer wastewater drug testing and get guestimates of a billion dollars a year of drug cash sloshing around melbourne and sydney.

The war on drugs has created this.

No wonder casino-boy Packer is australias most miserable billionaire. Crown mightn’t have been built to launder dirty money, but if you build it they will come.

Their hussein obama had to hire an airfreightliner to physically shift the billion dollars cash he gave the Iranian anti-Trump forces.

Local radio news is reporting that Trump ordered a retaliatory strike against Iran last night, then called it off, but isn’t reporting why:

We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, Not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone. I am in no hurry, our Military is rebuilt, new, and ready to go, by far the best in the world. Sanctions are biting & more added last night. Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!

Can’t report anything that doesn’t make Trump look like a monster.

Australian news media is as bad or worse than US MSM.

88. John Constantine

Cocaine cartels have established bases in the south Pacific to conduct massive drug importations into Australia, according to a confidential federal police and US Drug Enforcement Administration inquiry.

The intelligence gathering operation has linked one central America syndicate to over 1500 kilograms of cocaine smuggled to Australia from Vanuatu via yachts participating in successive Bundaberg Cruising Yacht Cub ”Port2Port” rallies. The syndicate is suspected of importing a huge shipment of cocaine into Australia in the Port Vila to Bundaberg yacht rally in late 2010.

Federal police seized a second shipment of 700 kilograms of cocaine smuggled on a yacht in the 2011 sailing event and made another seizure of 750 kilograms of cocaine on a boat in Port Vila earlier this year.

The crackdown in the south Pacific, which has also included large cocaine seizures from yachts near New Caledonia and Tonga, is part of a major shift in the federal police’s anti-organised crime operations.

Compared to this, medical marijuana inhalers really don’t seem to be a threat to society.

89. 1735099

A mixed bag but you can’t be sacked for being a lazy or crap teacher.

Bullshit. You certainly can.
    For six months when I was seconded to a HR project I was responsible for managing the Diminished Work Performance process in my district. This process puts failing teachers into a formal arrangement which takes twelve months to proceed to dismissal if their teaching performance doesn’t improve.
    I was personally responsible for two dismissals in that time, although one of the two resigned before it came to the crunch. The other person got stroppy and would phone me at home at 3am asking “How can you sleep?”
    On one occasion, I responded by saying my sleep pattens were OK unless interrupted by 3am phone calls. Eventually I changed my number.

Good ancillary staff…..

Also bullshit. In terms of ancillary staff, I don’t know about other states, but what was posted doesn’t apply in Queensland. It would have if Noddy Newman had his way when his late unlamented government was in power.
    He attempted to turn permanent ancillary staff into contractors. This was a mistake, school cleaners have heaps of time during the school day to get militant, as they typically work 6am – 9am and 3pm – 6pm. They came out on the street en masse, and created so much embarrassment for the LNP, that they gave up.
    It had a funny side. School cleaners can be a stroppy lot if you get them offside.
    Noddy learned a salutary lesson.
    Permanent cleaners are transferred if a school loses hours through enrolment decline.

90. Geriatric Mayfly

Fact check: True. But the gardens are also under to approach to Heathrow airport. One after another they roar and whine their way above this green oasis at low altitude. Whatever the legal separation is there are no gaps and they seem to be nose to tail in remorseless procession.

91. Caveman

no sold out games in womens world-cup

I gave it a watch, its not pleasant , its pretty crappy.

I often wonder about where that money goes.

We keep hearing schemes to track all transactions, you know cash with RFID and fully electronic society … but then all the bribes would also be on record now wouldn’t they? All the way up the chain … all traceable.

Could get a little bit interesting … mayhap a little bit ugly too.

93. bespoke

2dogs
    #3049049, posted on June 22, 2019 at 8:13 am

Yep, the soft bigotry of low expectations is the ‘progressive’ way.

94. Woolfe

Trumps Facebook Post re Iran

President Obama made a desperate and terrible deal with Iran – Gave them 150 Billion Dollars plus I.8 Billion Dollars in CASH! Iran was in big trouble and he bailed them out. Gave them a free path to Nuclear Weapons, and SOON. Instead of saying thank you, Iran yelled Death to America. I terminated deal, which was not even ratified by Congress, and imposed strong sanctions. They are a much weakened nation today than at the beginning of my Presidency, when they were causing major problems throughout the Middle East. Now they are Bust!

On Monday they shot down an unmanned drone flying in International Waters. We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone. I am in no hurry, our Military is rebuilt, new, and ready to go, by far the best in the world. Sanctions are biting & more added last night. Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!

95. Empire 5:5

Give us more money to grow our empire to address urgent imaginary problems.

96. 1735099

Australian media is as bad or worse than US MSM

More bullshit.
    I’m listening to ABC AM where Trump’s tweet was reported, with extensive commentary.
    On-line, the ABC World news reported it word for word 5 hours ago, as did the Age (Google News) 7 hours ago.
    Paranoia is alive and well on Catallaxy.

Sounds like a statistical out-rubber.

Congratulations though … you have just proven Farmer Gez’ argument better than any of us could do. If it takes 12 months of sustained effort in the face of consistent harassment to simply sack one bad teacher then it sure ain’t gonna happen often.

How much effort is involved for the customer to fire a bad restaurant? No effort at all, simply stop going to that restaurant … job’s done! Hence why restaurant owners make a big effort to please their customers. Cause and effect, you see … incentives m’kay?

Emma Alberici notes something wonderful about her visit to Emergency at the Prince of Wales Hospital with her storied hand mutilation:

It was new to see a female AFL player there too.

99. John Constantine

Finally, the Medellín organization used vast amounts of money to bribe law enforcement and government officials. The bribes were the criminal equivalent of legitimate businesses hiring lobbyists and paying regulatory fines. Although it meant handing over “a very sizeable share of their income” in bribes, Heymann says, it was simply a line item on the cartel’s profit and loss statement. Of course, the bribes came with a not-so-subtle threat of violence. Escobar’s challenge, oft repeated, was simple: “Plata o plomo” (literally, “silver or lead,” as in, “take a bribe or take a bullet to the head”).

Cocainenomics asks the question their australian media dodge.

What is the difference between paying a bribe and paying a lobbyist to arrive at the exact same corrupt outcome?.

Comrades.

I see Trump acted according to classical Christian theology in calling off the Iran strike.
    The predicted death toll of 150 he judged disproportionate to a downed unmanned drone.
    Absolutely correct.

101. bespoke

Not surprised Numberwang re imagining his original comments, Sad!

Good pseudonym for a Folau donation … Margaret Court.

Madonna had a chat with Andrew Denton this week and got all excited.

Madonna: Something ‘Poetic and Sometimes Sexual’ About Jesus Hanging on the Cross

Madonna: ‘Jesus Would Agree’ with Women Having Abortions

Then she went on Jimmy Fallon’s show and got even more excited.

Madonna Gushes to Jimmy Fallon (Again) About Meeting ‘Hot’ Barack Obama

Maybe she’s unhappy that Cher has been getting the limelight lately.

104. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Speedbox, when she was about nine our daughter was something of a NSW champion ice skater. I sewed on thousands of sequins and they suggested training her for the Olympic. Hairy and I passed on that, the endless 6am training sessions, and being hauled into a sporting administrative system we did not want taking over our daughter’s whole existence, nor ours.. She wasn’t so keen on skating that she’d be devastated not to fly high in it. She has flown very high in other areas, sporting and academic and career-wise since then. She is also happily married to an army reservist corporate warrior and has presented us with two gorgeous grand-daughters.

Some games are not worth the candle.

“Pope” Francis wants the Catholic Church to start worshipping the jungle spirits of the Amazon.
    Seriously.
    Roberto de Mattei calls for the bishops and cardinals to deal with him:

Will the cardinals, the Pope’s advisors in the governing of the Church be silent, in the face of this political-religious manifesto which perverts the doctrine and praxis of the Mystical Body of Christ ?

Also just in: the “pope” calls for Catholic students to receive a thorough Muslim education.

107. None

Tel

#3049062, posted on June 22, 2019 at 8:33 am

+1000

F*** imagine tolerating diminished work quality on say an aircraft production line for 12 months but when it comes to f****** up kids, no worries take your time.

108. Cassie of Sydney

I see the racist, Jooo hating bird shitter is up early…..shitting away…here’s a thought…he really should go and play dress up in his favourite SS uniform…I’m sure it will give him his desperately needed early morning boner.

109. Knuckle Dragger

I see the Metamucil’s kicked in early for the resident nasho sniveller who was too scared to let the people in his own town know he’d been away serving his country, or more accurately making a hindrance of himself to other people serving the same country.

It’s a bit of a rehash though. Links to the same article three days in a row now, pretending a discredited Berkeley article is ‘research’.

And the other one says religious types, particularly Protestants are linked to conservatism.

And now we know he’s worked in HR as well. Just when you think he’s perfected a career out of sitting around looking at people via shaving mirrors, he just keeps on keeping on with another layer of idiocy.

I reckon he’s kicked in $5 to the Teach the Churchy Darkie to Gob Off GoFundMe page.

110. None

Tom

#3049071, posted on June 22, 2019 at 8:42 am

imagine if our journalists expended as much effort in reporting news and context as they do one Trump tweet

Seriously.
    Roberto de Mattei calls for the bishops and cardinals to deal with him:

Also just in: the “pope” calls for Catholic students to receive a thorough Mvzlim education.

112. johanna

johanna
    #3049075, posted on June 22, 2019 at 8:45 am

Leigh Lowe
    #3048919, posted on June 22, 2019 at 12:00 am

That should definitely see him past Fair Work conciliation and probably into the first round of Federal Court.

This isn’t just about the money.
    It has totally exploded the myth that Folau was a crazy happy-clapper shouting at the clouds all by himself.

Persackly.

I don’t share his religious views, but have donated, and suspect that I’m not Robinsona Crusoe in that regard.

Probably the celestial beings who run rugby thought that they could crush this little brown person like a bug. Well, he has got a very solid case, not just in Fair Work but also in common law, for example for libel and for unlawful deprivation of his source of income. I hope he takes them to the cleaners.

I’ve been catching up on old freddes, and belatedly thank Carpe for that great K-Pop clip (Abracadabra by the Brown Eyed Girls) and, even better, P’s clip of Chuck Berry’s ‘C’est la Vie’ from 1972. The Chuckster was not usually noted for his restraint or subtlety, but this was a masterful example of both – superb. He was a bad man, but a righteous musician.

As for the revelations about Lizzie’s – errr – elisions of the truth.

I’m shocked, I tells ya. Reeling. Dazed and confused. Who’d a thunk it? 🙂

If we learn that LL is really a transgender bull dyke, my mental breakdown will be complete.

It’s early but Numbers registers another victory.
    He has never been bested here.

Stuck squirrel freed in Germany
    Firefighters, police and a vets combined forces to rescue a red squirrel that had got its head stuck in a manhole cover in the western German city of Dortmund.
    Press Association
    June 22, 2019 12:48am
    picture

Firefighters, police and a veterinary clinic have combined forces to rescue a red squirrel that had got its head stuck in a manhole cover in the western German city of Dortmund.

Dortmund’s fire department said it responded to a call about a rodent in difficulty on a street next to a park in the city centre.

When rescuers arrived, they spotted the squirrel’s head poking out of a hole in the cover.

Initial attempts to free the animal were unsuccessful, so the entire manhole cover was removed and taken to a nearby veterinary clinic, while police were called in to guard the open sewer.

Vets used anaesthetic to calm the squirrel and then freed the animal.

It was treated for superficial neck wounds and is expected to be released back into the wild soon.

115. BrettW

Popcorn sales going through the roof !

Setka gang v Sally gang on front page of the Oz. Seems she was physically ill reading about his texts. Meanwhile ÉTU VIC boss sees nothing wrong with them at all.

Meanwhile CFMMEU is hunting down the leaker by examining computers etc.. Even extends to his lawyers Gordon Legal. Time to start monitoring hospital admissions in Melbourne.

Time for VICPOL to flip Reardon in return for witness protection !

Court day is Wednesday. Wonder how much watered down the final charges will be ? Will we get to see all the details of the texts.

116. Spider

Tom

I have Time Magazine headlines come up regularly through my Apple News feed.

They have never ever posted a positive Trump story that I have ever seen.

117. None

I see the Metamucil’s kicked in early for the resident nasho sniveller

Oh but Knuckles, he MANAGED a PROCESS for six months. What dizzying heights for an educator *snort*

118. Not even one in 100 Australians were listening to that. If they heard any news this morning, most were getting it from commercial radio or TV, which is dumbed down and stripped of any context.

So now the ABC reports fact, and the commercials “dumb down”.
    But according to the Catallaxy orthodoxy the ABC is biased.
    Consistency isn’t your strong point…..
    🙂

Lawyer X: Police attempt to close doors on witnesses

Victoria Police has failed in its bid to have potentially damning ­commission hearings moved behind closed doors, as the $27 million Lawyer X royal commission continues.
    James Dowling, Herald Sun

June 21, 2019 11:41pm

Victoria Police has attempted to shut the public and media out of the Lawyer X royal commission.

The force sought to have potentially damning ­commission hearings dealing with protected witnesses’ evidence moved behind closed doors.

If successful, the application would have seen the media and public shut out of the $27 million inquiry for months, just as it was to hear from a series of police ­witnesses who dealt with Nicola Gobbo from 2005 to 2009, when she was acting as a gangland ­barrister but was also a secret police informer.

But the media has been allowed to hear the evidence under strict reporting conditions.

The upcoming evidence is ­subject to a myriad suppression orders left over from Melbourne’s gangland war era, with some dating back more than 15 years.

The Royal Commission into the Management of Police Informants was established in December 2018 after the High Court lifted a series of court orders police had got to keep Gobbo’s informing under wraps.

The High Court found Victoria Police conduct in the Lawyer X saga was “reprehensible” and may have led to a breach of its duty to the public.

He lives in your heads and charges you rent.

Let them eat cigars.

Cuba Ration Lines Grow Tense as Economy Flails (via Drudge/WSJ)

For many Cubans, ration lines and ostrich farms recall the grim “Special Period” in the 1990s after the collapse of its benefactor, the Soviet Union. As the Communist-run island endured near famine conditions, residents devoured cats and fried “steaks” made of breaded grapefruit rind.

“We are starting to go into a new special period,” said Osmary Armas, 45, who owns a neoclassical mansion turned bed-and-breakfast that has been largely bereft of U.S. visitors in recent months. “Things are very bad.”

Maybe the only thing safe to consume in the Dominican Republic are the cigars also.
    (h/t Tom upthread.)

122. Armadillo

It seems that the “Game they play in Heaven” isn’t exactly keen on the referee.

The adminstrators think that God is a bald headed flog.

123. John Constantine

We know the chicoms openly pay australian politicals, we know property developers sponsor political orcs down to council level.

With australian drug supply and drugmoney laundering a billion of profit a year, who dares to pretend the cartels don’t have lobbyists working for their interests.

If open sewers at treatment plants can be tested for drugs, why not test the dunny water at parliment house?.

And all abc offices?.

Comrades.

124. Knuckle Dragger

None,

I find it faintly amusing that there was general agreement yesterday that HR departments should be the first culled during lean financial times, and that this was proving difficult because various muppets built their own little fiefdoms in them.

Of course, little did we know…..

125. None

Yes CL we commented on Trump’s correct proportionate response to Iran last night but also noted that not a few assets are getting pulped on the side. Look unicorn! Good.

126. None

Israel Folau Legal Action Fund
    $481,287 of $3.0M goal
    Raised by 6,037 people in 2 days

128. MatrixTransform

Paranoia is alive and well on Catallaxy.

Consistency isn’t your strong point…..

Consistently paranoid
    or Inconsistently paranoid?

this retard can contradict its self within minutes .

129. John Constantine

E. Jean Carroll Accuses Donald Trump of Sexual Assault in New Book ..

Nancy Pelosi upset that not consulted on Iran.

Folau has caused a lot of heads to pop.
    The SMH is running with the “where is the money going”? line, trying to imply that the disclaimer on the GoFundMe page means he might trouser the cash.
    Um, no. It stymies a smartarse gay activist donating $100 and then suing because the money isn’t spent the way the donor “intended”.
    Legal “experts” pontificate that crowd-funding legal fees is “problematic” but don’t say why.
    The junior j’ismlalists at news.com.au are using the stealing money from sick kiddies angle as if GoFundme is a “zero sum game where every dollar contributed to Folau is at the expense of little Johnny with a brain tumour.
    Desparate.
    And disgusting.

132. johanna

Pink Floyd are truly one of the greatest music makers of the last 100 years. ‘Wish You Were Here’ alone puts them up in the stratosphere. But, as is usually the case, artistic talent and logic are incompatible:

Rocker David Gilmour auctioned 120 instruments from his massive guitar collection for a $21 million windfall that the former Pink Floyd frontman is donating to fight global warming.

Christie’s auction house hosted the auction, the largest guitar sale the seller ever held.

Gilmour’s auction haul will be donated to liberal activist group ClientEarth, a non-profit organization dedicated to environmental law, according to NBC News. On its Facebook page, ClientEarth claims that it works to “combat climate change” and also to “defend habitats and wildlife.”

After the auction, David Gilmour took to his Twitter account to tell fans about his reasoning for the donation.

“We need a civilized world that goes on for all our grandchildren and beyond in which these guitars can be played, and songs can be sung,” Gilmour tweeted on Wednesday. “The global climate crisis is the greatest challenge that humanity will ever face, and we are within a few years of the effects of global warming being irreversible.”

Oh, well, at least it’s his own money. Meanwhile, governments all over the world are extracting billions from taxpayers for the same purported reason.

133. Knuckle Dragger

stackja,

Frigging typical.

When VicPol began its slow march to pussification under Nixon, the writing was already on the wall. ‘Jokes’ were made about how triplicate approvals would be required for having a shit in company facilities. Indeed, some left the organisation in search of better weather, and in the knowledge their style of police work would not be smiled on by HR trained corporate ponytailed consultant-obeying bosses who hadn’t seen an angry man in 20 years or more, if at all.

These bosses were then faced with a problem they were unused to; it involved actual police work. It’s not that the detectives didn’t know who was killing who in the Underbelly shitfight, it was gaining admissible evidence to use against them.

They had a choice. Either let the dogs loose (and the dogs were baying for it), kick several dozen doors in and twist what they needed out of shitrats who contribute zero to society and would not be missed, or rely on the uncertain motives of a barrister with a questionable past and an already demonstrated ability to turn double agent.

Because the latter involved less mess at the time, they chose that one. With predictable results.

The only – ONLY – way out of this is for Fatty to publicly say ‘You know what? It was a gigantic cock up. We’re very sorry, and every single person that recommended that this fat rootrat tart be used as a gig will be sacked, or be directing traffic in Frankston until they get sick of it and retire.’

Fuck the lawyers off. Open the whole stinking mess up and let the sunlight in on it.

Greens are famously adverse to radiation and equally famously keen on flying around the world emitting vast amounts of carbon dioxide. Maybe this one will slow them down a bit.

Sun spotless for 33 days straight – airline travelers getting dosed with up to 70 times more radiation

But one of the most interesting things is due to the fact that the Sun’s magnetic field has weakened, more cosmic rays are now bombarding Earth and some airline flights are seeing doses of radiation up to 73 times that which we’d see at ground level.

For example, a flight from Chicago, IL to Teterboro, NJ which flies at 45,000 feet gets 73.3 times the radiation dosage than a traveler would experience at ground level. A typical commercial flight across the United States gives you about 40x exposure …

If nuclear energy is bad then flying in a jet must be awesomely bad!

… – about the same amount of radiation as a typical dental x-ray.

Ok, maybe not that awesomely bad. But it’s Radiation! We must ban all jet travel immediately because Gaia and the precautionary principle.

135. None

Leigh Lowe. Agree – I pointed out last night that Izzy’s disclaimer sounded like he had run things past a lawyer and that is fair as people would be donating with full disclosure. I complained to the fundraiser when egg boy was trying to trouser money for legal fees that were never going to eventuate because no charges were pursued – I know I wasn’t alone – and I was happy to read that he subsequently donated the 100000 k to the victims of the ChristChurch massacre. I also noted quite early in the piece that somebody had tried to set up an easy Fallout illegal fun on gofundme from day 1 and I suspect that might have been an attempt to trouser some cash from the gullible. Is he may not be very bright but he’s going about this very smartly. Good.

As I also pointed out before I reckon the sick kids line came a out because Izzys was among the four trending campaigns featured on the gofundme homepage. The other three were for sick kids that if you click through to each of them comma none of the funds being raised their work for the kids medical treatment but for families to take time off work and or to compensate for business losses in order to support their kid. Each of those campaigns had also exceeded their Target but was still accepting donations and as we all know people can donate to whatever they want. Moreover if one troll through gofundme you will find that it is certainly not for sick kids that for every Tom Dick and Harry to ask for money for whatever reason including oh my god I deserve a holiday give it to me.

The really interesting question for me is whether the love is try to get easy booted off the gofundme platform because oh my god he’s a homophobe. But gofundme trousers over 2% of donations plus a fee for each donation transaction plus demands a tip for a so-called platform fee which a lot of people may unsuspectingly pay because they don’t point out that they’re already scheming of a fair slab of the donations and so there might be reluctant to boot off big money makers like Izzy’s campaign. I really hate gofundme. But anyway.

136. mh

Nancy Pelosi upset that not consulted on Iran.

And then Don should consult the patients at the nearest Alzheimer’s clinic.

137. Knuckle Dragger

LL, 9.05 am;

So now Ray Castle and his pet journos are now telling the taxpaying Australian public how to spend their disposable income.

Nice. Real nice.

How many black wigs do you get for 800 large every year?

138. Nick

I see the same lot chanting about ‘no war’ were the ones who mocked Trump for bringing back the troops that they had sent…

139. bespoke

Numbewang got people sacked most likely for walking out on him numberwanging something about him.

140. Knuckle Dragger

Lankans beat the Poms!

On the home deck of Bairstow and Root too.

Ooooops lad.

He bragged the other day about hounding a middle-aged woman out of her teaching job because, among other things, she was smelly and the other teachers didn’t like her.

Knuckle Dragger

#3049107, posted on June 22, 2019 at 9:22 am

LL, 9.05 am;

The Vicar of Rugby is sitting in the Tower and can here the axe being ground sharp from her cell.

143. johanna

stackja – I’m not a huge fan of Dark Side, perhaps got overloaded with it when it was big. I much prefer Wish You Were Here.

Still, there is a weird disconnect between the themes of much of Floyd’s music and Gilmour’s mindless SJW stance, especially his hatred of Israel.

Anyway, he and the others are (deservedly) rich beyond the wildest dreams of anyone here, even Lizzie and JC, so they can spend it how they like.

But as I mentioned above, great artists are irrational about politics (among other things), almost to a man or woman. It goes with the territory. I don’t want to start another debate about the Myers-Briggs test, but the fact is that it accurately predicted just that.

144. None

Pell hideaway plan after threats

George Pell will require a secure refuge, potentially in NSW, if his appeal against child sex convictions is upheld.

Ferguson at the AUS. What was that film where the hell is brilliant scene about manufacturing the news. This is exactly what’s happening with pearl. The media have absolutely hounded Pell and incited violence against him and then reported as news. The same process as being played out with Izzy Folau.

145. None

Ferguson at the AUS. What was that film wit the brilliant scene about manufacturing the news? This is exactly what’s happening with Pell. The media have absolutely hounded Pell and incited violence against him and then report it as news. The same process is being played out with Izzy Folau.

146. None

While you are there Riccardo, thank you for standing up to lead a Conservative party.

147. That was me that explained the cycle of HR departments, Knuckles. The home of the deadwood. LOL

That six month HR secondment was fun. The DD was using HR to remove deadwood.
    The District just had a new director appointed, an ex Telstra Businesswoman of the year, smart, and bent on transforming what had become a pretty sclerotic unit. She head-hunted a small group of principals (myself included) to do just that. In Toowoomba, making change is always challenging.
    One of the problems I was asked to address was to get some staffing movement going in the Toowoomba city schools. There were people who had been on the same class for literally decades.
    This could have been OK, but they were teaching the same way they had been twenty years ago, and current students weren’t buying it.
    You could transfer someone with no reason, provided they weren’t subject to “hardship”, which had a fairly loose definition. If a teacher submitted a grievance, they were almost always successful, if supported by the local union branch. The trick was to get the local organiser on side, and I worked assiduously at this.
    It took time, but we did manage some cross-town transfers, which injected some enthusiasm into school improvement, and also opened up opportunities for top-notch graduates from USQ.
    We also managed to increase teacher student placements in local schools, something that had been resisted for years as many teachers were afraid of the small amount of extra work supervising a student teacher entailed. The enthusiasm generated by a bunch of high class graduates was priceless, and it often saw experienced teachers examining and improving their own practice in the light of what they observed from the prac students.
    Eventually the DD asked me to stay on for another 12 months. I agreed on the condition that I be paid at Band 9 principal’s rate, which had been agreed for the 6 months during which my new position was expected to last.
    Central Office wouldn’t play ball, so I reluctantly said “no”.
    I was enjoying the work, but wasn’t inclined to take a salary cut (difference between Band 9 school stream and AO7 Administrative stream).
    I still miss the work….

148. bespoke

I’m never cheering for anther party until one comes up with comprehensive plan to dismantle the hold HR numberwangs have over education.

149. Nick

If Molan can get 150,000 below the line votes, there should be fertile ground with which to elect a proper, Conservative candidate from a party with actual policies beyond the occasional press release.

150. The bullshit –

The reality –
    A teacher who was a smoker demanded special treatment to be allowed to expose students with disabilities, who couldn’t move to escape, to passive smoking.
    She was reminded courteously of her conditions of employment.
    She applied for, and was granted a transfer to a school where she thought her smoking with children present would be ignored.
    It wasn’t.
    She took early retirement, and sadly eventually died of lung cancer.
    You call that “hounding a middle-aged woman out of her teaching job”.
    You are a fool and an abject liar.

Tom I thought the Branco cartoon was the best today until I saw your link to the Time covers; TDS is nuts. You can’t deal rationally with these people; Trump is a genius for making them reveal themselves.

If Iran hits another ship, there will be war and it will be justified.
    So it’s up to the twelvers. If they want war – and perhaps they do – they will get it.
    Trump has handled the situation brilliantly. Going to war over a downed toy plane was idiotic.

153. Dr Faustus

Moist and lovely, the Vicar joins the flogs chorus:

Rugby Australia boss Raelene Castle, who pushed for Folau’s sacking was also critical of Folau’s choice to use the fundraising platform.

“From our perspective that’s a place where sick children get support. It’s certainly not a strategy that we would’ve thought was appropriate,” she said.

Well stop donating, then. You silly thing.
    [Alan Joyce was unavailable for comment.]

154. bespoke

Going to war over a downed toy plane was idiotic.

Fighting words at my old club, C.L.

155. mh

So Time Magazine is predicting that the ideas of Trump will be dominate the American political landscape for decades after Trump has ridden off into the sunset.

That’s a great message. I hope Time is correct.

156. cuckoo

Fact check: double true. A friend used to live just outside the Gardens and from her back garden on a sunny afternoon you could see a queue of aeroplanes stretching to the horizon. Never seen anything like it: must be what the Berlin airlift looked like.

157. None

I was enjoying the work, but wasn’t inclined to take a salary cut

Everything you explained in that was just patch up. It reeks of the typical biopic sclerosis one finds in every government department but particularly state government schools. These are the dudes that gave us pupil free days for teachers *shudder*

158. Makka

If Iran hits another ship, there will be war and it will be justified.

Yes it was a good decision to halt the strikes. Not sure he should have publicised it though. Playing mind games with the mullahs I expect. The real weapon Trump wants to use are the millions of Iranian citizens who want the mullahs gone.That would be problematic if he killed 150 of them.

Someone managed to get a warmist scientist and a sceptical scientist into the same room for a formal debate, with predictable results:

Watch: Skeptical scientist wins rare New York City climate debate against warmist scientist – Audience flips from warmist views to skeptical after debate

The audience were polled before and after as to who won. Before the debate the audience position was decidedly warmist (29%:24%). After the debate that flipped to 41% warmist and 46% sceptical.

And this took place in deeply lefty New York City.

160. But too bad if you were a teacher who didn’t want the pay cut represented by an extra 2 hours commuting to school on the other side of town.

Take a look at a map of Toowoomba.
    Idiot……

161. Nick

Won’t someone think of the sick children?

Hang on, if the ARU receives sponsorship and/or Government funds, doesn’t that also represent an opportunity cost, say for example, money that could have been allocated towards kids’ sport? Hypocrites.

Bruce of Newcastle

#3049135, posted on June 22, 2019 at 10:19 am

Idso was very good.

163. None

Take a look at a map of Toowoomba.
    Idiot……

numbers presumes to know where every teacher lives and what their preferences are of course he also knows whether these teachers have infirm family members or small children requiring paid care yada yada. I say it again patch up job and clearly your main interest was in your own self promotion. Teaching was never your vocation.

Tits and arse paper, the Daily Mail, goes in hard against multi-millionaire tycoon, Israel Folau.

165. Ellen of Tasmania

Yes – from me, too.

T&A paper, the Daily Mail, goes in hard against multi-millionaire tycoon, Israel Folau.

Tits and ass paper, the Daily Mail, goes in hard against multi-millionaire tycoon, Izzy Folau.

Tits and ass paper, the Daily Mail, goes in hard against multi-millionaire, Izzy Folau.

169. Dr Fred Lenin

I see cory berardi has done another career move ,folding his conservative tent and abandoning the poor misguided delcons who voted for him . There is no doubt about it ,career pollies are the scum of the earth these days ,they have no beliefs except self belief ,no morals and have totaly abandoned decency ,now you expect that from the left as we all know they are a pack of liars cheats and totally dishonest ,but you expect a tiny bit better from the “right “ ,maybe there is mo right or left any more only selfish globalist slaves of bureaucracy the unelected rule . Scrap career pollies one or two terms and out for life with no pension and pay your own super . Then limit donations ( bribes) _to political gangs ( parties) to $10 per person or group per year ,and make lobbying (corrupting ) punishable by twenty years prison .

170. Makka

The shared goal of the mullahs and the Democrats was to create a no-win situation for the president: if he attacks Iran, he risks being drawn into a shooting war, a move that is not likely to be popular and could easily cost him his re-election. It could also very likely drive a wedge between the United States and its allies that are cooperating in the sanctions against Iran that are seriously hurting it. That is the mullahs’ goal, and they are more than happy to risk loss of life and facilities in order to achieve it.

h/t American Thinker.

171. None

That narrow-mindedness in Toowoomba which numbers always complains about? He’s projecting. He epitomises it.

172. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

E. Jean Carroll Accuses Donald Trump of Sexual Assault in New Book ..

you now you are a nobody when no female considers you worthy of claiming a sexual attack. look at numbers and monster

Nick

#3049137, posted on June 22, 2019 at 10:22 am

Won’t someone think of the sick children?

I am loving this game.
    The Australia Council receives $100 meg a year as a forced donation from the 20% of us who are net taxpayers, to fund non-rhyming poetry and barbed wire sculpture.
    How many sick kiddies would that help?

174. Nick

How many sick kiddies would that help?

We should be hammering this.
    Bolta, if you’re reading …..

175. Old School Conservative

Knuckle Dragger
    #3049091, posted on June 22, 2019 at 8:57 am

….. HR departments should be the first culled during lean financial times,

He had a lot of creative ideas on how to be successful, including putting his then-landline phone put on the wall so he wouldn’t want to stand around talking pleasantries.
    Anyway, his HR suggestion was to fire the entire HR department.
    Then replace them with one people person for every 100 employees and just do the pays.
    No People Person was allowed to work with any other PP.
    HR problem solved.

176. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

it’s the old school unionists vs the cultural marxists.

seriously why do the unions still support labor when it imports cheap labor by the tanker load?

I have been asking this question to unionists on twitter and not one single response.

Don’t drink the booze.

Fake Alcohol Could Be Behind the Deaths in the Dominican Republic

Earlier this week, the New York Post reported that local authorities are looking into whether bootleg liquor could explain the illnesses, as many of the victims reportedly drank from their hotel’s swim-up pool bar or their room’s minibar before their death.

178. Knuckle Dragger

Lisa Benson’s cartoon today was great.

I will guarantee the makers of Weekend at Bernie’s, 30 odd years ago would never have dreamed their imagery would be used (to great effect, mind you) to illustrate a failed Democratic presidential campaign.

179. candy

It is a shame about Australian Conservative Party. Perhaps they could have merged with One Nation which will probably be led by Mark Latham in the future.

180. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

And let’s look at the recent federal election, did any of the major parties even question the need for mass importation of 3rd world peasantry? the glibs promised to cap it at 1.6m/decade.

So we are still being replaced at a rate of near 10% a decade. MSM won’t touch the topic other than to bay the usual divershity and inclushiveness mantra. ie shut up and die quietly.

that’s what this mantra is all about a cultural gaslighting on scale goebbels and stalin would approve.

181. numbers presumes to know where every teacher lives and what their preferences are of course he also knows whether these teachers have infirm family members or small children requiring paid care yada yada.

If a teacher submitted a grievance against a transfer, all these factors came into play.
    Idiot….

182. Knuckle Dragger

Where was Rowe today btw Tom?

I’m having withdrawals…..

183. bespoke

Potty mouth HR Numberwang very very angry today.

184. mh

What did John Setka text to a woman that was so evil? Anyone know?

185. candy

I think poor HR skills is at the heart of the Folau RA troubles. A good manager with people skills would have been able to sit down with him and work through things respectfully and openly and work towards a solution that suited both parties, without rancour. They valued his football skills greatly and he loved playing and other players liked him and had no grudge , so the basis was there.
    The lady in charge seems not to have those skills, is my opinion. A failure of management.

186. Makka

Over 5.8 million people are no longer on food stamps since President Donald Trump completed his first month in office in Feb. 2017, according to the new data by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

The data of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which came out on June 7, shows that in Feb. 2017 there were 42,132,132 individuals participating in SNAP (pdf). This figure has since decreased to 36, 302,242 in 2019—showing a 5,829,890 drop in people on food stamps over that period.

In the same time period, the number of households dependent on SNAP decreased from around 20.8 million to less than 18.3 million—a drop of more than 2.5 million households.

*Trump didn’t serve in Vietnam , however he has changed the lives of millions for the better. Not that the lunatic left and party of slavery (Dimocrats) would ever acknowledge.

187. Knuckle Dragger

Just before I jump in the tub and scoot off to adjudicate the great game – I’m watching a 2018 replay of a league Test between Tonga and Samoa.

One of the Samoans, a predictably huge unit, has his entire forearm covered in tape.

On that tape, in big capital letters you can see from the crowd, is ‘JESUS’.

Presented without further comment.

188. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

and the facts speak for themselves, why this sudden concern of terrorist vids on the internet after the NZ attack? we have had mass beheadings and terrorist propaganda published online for more than a decade, could it be that the shooter’s manifesto was about the Great Replacement? can’t bring that out into the spotlight, the proles might awaken.

shut up and die quietly people

189. Knuckle Dragger

The respectful and open solution, Candy, is to let the bloke espouse his personal beliefs.

He’s not advocating throwing male penis enthusiasts from buildings, throwing them into pits, burning them alive or chopping their heads off.

He’s quoting the Bible FFS, which the pooves in general terms don’t believe in anyway.

It’s like threatening me that after I die I’ll come back as a HR department head for all eternity. Ain’t gonna happen.

190. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

I can see why Obama is deeply concerned about the direction america is going and needs to poke his skinny snout into the 2020

191. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

that’s one given about cowards like numbers, they will shut up and die quietly

Given the state of rugby and your “strategy” of illegally sacking Folau, thus rendering RA liable to $million in a payout and legal expenses, I wouldn’t think it wise for you to go about offering your opinions, Raelene.

193. Top Ender

From what I have read over the years Gilmour is pretty conservative about most things.

Probably comes from having an idiot for a son.

Yes, agree they are musical geniuses Johanna. Mrs TE went to see a “female comedian” last night on a chick night, and I wound Pulse up on the inside sound system. Shut the windows and let all three amplifiers loose.

194. None

Idiot….

Of course paperwork and process just so numbers can feel important. HR fascists LERV process. I also like to be overpaid thanks for confirming that too Numbers. As I said in every corporate restructure the first place to get cut is HR because they contribute precisely zero to core business and the bottom linr yet despite that, after every restructure, little fascist deadwoods start building HR fiefdoms again. The most successful outfits don’t have HR departments.
    But still thanks for devulging why you are here every day all day, Numbrera. You have admitted that you like feeling important and because even your own family ignores you, the only way you can stroke your pathetic fragile ego is to come onto a website and brag about some nondescript career noone cares about and abuse people whom you don’t know and whi never want to meet you, just so that you can feel important again.
    Do yourself and all of us a favour numbers. Turn off your computer. Go ring up your children and offer to take your grandkids out for a day. Go join a lawn bowls club and learn some social skills. Go volunteer at meals on wheels or do something useful with your lonely pathetic life. Hey here’s a thought: maybe get out of Toowoomba for a bit and expand your narrow-minded myopic horizons.

195. none

It’s certainly not a strategy that we would’ve thought was appropriate

beware the Lefty buzz word appropriate. Do ask her what appropriate means and who gets to judge it and by what criteria.
    The fact is the other 3 trending campaigns for sick kids which are on gofundme homepage for Australia have exceeded their targets but I still accepting donations and judging by the timing of the donation I suspect they’re getting some extra because of Israel Folau is attracting hits to that site. When was the last time the morbidly obese Raelene Castle never donated to a sick kid? Why is she taxing our health system with her clearly unhealthy lifestyle and taking away resources from sick kids?

mh

#3049161, posted on June 22, 2019 at 10:47 am

What did John Setka text to a woman that was so evil? Anyone know?

Nothing you wouldn’t see here on any given Friday night.

197. Knuckle Dragger

Total to date of the Slap Down The Uppity Brown Christian GoFundMe: $100.

No surprises that the highlight of Spud’s glittering career in Administrative Administration was administering a twelve month process to stitch up those who didn’t buckle to the will of the Education Politburo and the teachers union.

199. None

$5

You’re a piece of shit

1 min ago

I know this guy has donated at least once before and probably more. Cool I hope it costs in my hundred dollars at least.

The Punters are paying attention:

$100

Drew Mitchell

7 mins ago

Tee hee. The Aussie spirit is not quite dead yet.

$506,659 of $3.0M
    Raised by 6389 people in 2 days

201. In the distant past, a time clouded with memory loss, I read a management textbook by a retired, successful American CEO.
    Anyway, his HR suggestion was to fire the entire HR department.
    No People Person was allowed to work with any other PP.
    HR problem solved.

He’s in good company.
    Apparently throughout her entire reign Her Majesty’s policy has been to conduct all meetings standing, to “encourage brevity”

Knuckle Dragger

#3049176, posted on June 22, 2019 at 11:08 am

Total to date of the Slap Down The Uppity Brown Christian GoFundMe: $100.

Which one is that?
    I saw the rainbow laces guy from the UK pushing a similar barrow.

203. None

Old School Conservative

#3049152, posted on June 22, 2019 at 10:36 am

I wouldn’t even employ a person to do the pays these days. Payroll is easily outsourced and should be. Much cheaper.

204. bespoke

Knuckle Dragger

Don’t forget to apply your fungal cream before you go.

205. Knuckle Dragger

LL,

There’s another one?

206. None

Indeed I did. Stand-up meetings are the go. 😉 If we needed a sit down meeting say with clients I always rammed them into a slightly undersized room. That always gets the energy going and the people moving to resolve things quickly and get out.

I see that “Bandana Pontificate-Windbag” has donated to the cause.

208. None

As I said, the Punters are paying attention:

$5

To All the Politically Correct Hypocritics Shut Your Muppet Mouths U2 news.com.au

4 mins ago

209. JMH

Yes – from me, too.

And from me.

210. johanna

Knuckle Dragger
    #3049164, posted on June 22, 2019 at 10:49 am

On that tape, in big capital letters you can see from the crowd, is ‘JESUS’.

Presented without further comment.

Yup.

There is a politically incorrect novel by John O’Grady, author of They’re A Weird Mob, called No Kava for Johnny.Well woth a read, and would send the local divas fainting on the couch.

Pacific Islanders have their own culture, and their own body type – typically huuuge.

I am always amused when dickheads like the UN and their various acolytes put out their versions of healthy body types. As though a hefty Tongan should be compared with a tiny, fine-boned Thai or Cambodian. It is like comparing a chihuahua to a mastiff.

I like the Islanders and their descendants that I have met, very much. They are kind and hospitable and have a wicked sense of humour.

Tell you what, though, I wouldn’t want to cross them. That would be a very bad mistake indeed.

211. None

Oh yes the Punters are listening and they have had enough of the elites telling them how to run their lives:

$1,000

One of the Quiet ones

10 mins ago

Suck on that, lefties.

212. None

The sentiment is there:

$100

Times up Raelene Pontius Pirate

13 mins ago

213. None

$5

Sacked for quoting the bible Let’s move to North Korea

16 mins ago

Izzy’s supporters understand what’s going on here.

I do have a problem with Folau raising $3 million by public subscription if his property portfolio really is worth close to seven. When the rich young man asked Our Lord what good he needed to do to have eternal life, Jesus didn’t counsel him to “keep everything you have, then come follow me.”

I sense the malodorous pong of his cult’s heretical “prosperity gospel” here.

Pell hideaway plan after threats

Can somebody post the story (The Australian)?
    Thanks.

216. johanna

Piss off, C.L..

If he was worth $100 million, that’s not the point.

You are right on side with the rugby establishment.

If Iran hits another ship, there will be war and it will be justified.

Just a few days ago, in the Time interview, Trump was suggesting that since the US is no longer dependent upon ME oil it might not intervene if Iran were to harass or attack oil tankers in an attempt to take control of the shipping lane.

Most of the oil coming through the Strait of Hormuz goes to Asia, especially China (and us).

George P$ll hideaway plan after threats

John Ferguson
    ASSOCIATE EDITOR
    @fergusonjw
    12:00AM June 22, 2019

Supporters of George P$ll are planning a safe hideaway for the cardinal should he succeed in having his conviction for child sex abuse overturned on appeal.

Amid fears of a backlash and threats against P$ll, his backers are making preliminary arrangements for him to live in a secure compound, possibly in NSW. Friends have also left open the option of him returning at least briefly to live in relative anony­mity in Rome, but not in his former­ capacity as the Vatican treasurer.

But if his appeal fails, P$ll is likely to be moved to a country prison that specialises in securing sOx effende­rs and has a high level of personal security.

He is currently being held in solit­ary confinement in the Melbourne Assessment Prison for 23 hours a day because of the risk to his safety. There are two prisons in western Victoria where he is most likely to go if the appeal fails, both about two hours’ drive west of Melbourne: one at Ararat and the other at Langi Kal Kal.

His supporters are not predicting whether he will be successful, because of the significant legal setbacks he has suffered over the years and the unpredictability of the Court of Appeal. Next Saturday marks two years since The Australian revealed P$ll had been charged with sOx offences.

The Weekend Australian under­stands that, despite uncertainty about the appeal outcome, preliminary planning is under way in the event of P$ll, 78, being set free. The appeal is based on three grounds, including that the jury got it wrong when it convicted­ him of five sex offences at Melbourne’s St Patrick’s Cathed­ral in 1996 and 1997. The gravest involved forced oral sOx with a teenage choir boy.

Victoria is not believed to be favoured as a potential permanent location for P$ll because of his high profile and the publicity that surrounded his court appearances and sentence. The cardinal, some of his supporter­s, and the church more broadly have been bombarded with criticism and threats in the wake of his conviction on child sOx crimes.

If he was worth $100 million, that’s not the point.

LOL.
    Yes, it really is the point.
    If he’s a Christian worth several million, let him pay his own bills.
    There is nothing admirable about panhandling.

220. None

Actually C.L. I don’t have a problem with him raising public monies even if he does have a Six Million Dollar portfolio firstly because Elite Athletes have very short careers & only make big money for very few years and so most of them do set up Property Portfolio or similar to live off for the rest of their lives because there is a very small market for x Elite Athletes. Moreover what people don’t ask is whether those properties are mortgaged. I suspect they are and they are also probably serviced ( Council rates, water and maintenance) on the expectation of Future income which has now been cut off with determined efforts to not have easy ever work again. I doubt those properties are making enough money already to generate a good income.
    remember a couple of them are just blocks of land so they’re not earning an income at all.
    Also if the Daily Mail is correct some of those properties are not wholly owned by easy and therefore he couldn’t sell those even if you wanted to without the express permission of all the owners. Unless of course you want him to be declared bankrupt in which case even innocent co-owners have their own livelihoods turned upside down.
    While I respect your opinion cl your advice often betrays a puritanical streak that has no consideration for the realities of life and the need to support oneself and one’s family.

221. Chris

If he’s a Christian worth several million, let him pay his own bills.
    There is nothing admirable about panhandling.

Good points None.
    But CL, I want to participate in this; I want my money to show the vile media and activist business management that their contempt for anyone who won’t knuckle to them has made them my enemy, not just Folau’s.
    Flick ’em.

LOL.
    Yes, it really is the point.
    If he’s a Christian worth several million, let him pay his own bills.
    There is nothing admirable about panhandling.

No C.L. you are the one missing the point. People are contributing because they want to support the cause and they are sick of the Political Correctness that is taking over our society. This has nothing to do with panhandling and everything to do with many people coming together to make a stand.

Thanks, Zulu.
    He should return to Rome and never come back to this revolting latrine.

224. johanna

We don’t know what he is worth, C.L. It may be that he is mortaged to the hilt.

It doesn’t matter.

Why should he have to pay for defending having his livelihood destroyed?

Re Pink Floyd, I have mentioned before sites where ‘influencers’ listen to music for the first time.

Without exception, they are blown away by Floyd. Contemporary music is so barren. They can’t believe it.

I was very lucky to grow up with the best explosion of music ever.

1 2 3 13