Open Forum: June 22, 2019

3,006 Responses to Open Forum: June 22, 2019

1. Black Ball

Listening to radio just before, Victorian Government are closing Yallourn power station in a year or two I believe, despite it generating something like 22 percent of our power. So sit there prole and swelter through summer and shiver through winter.

2. Tintarella di Luna

Just tried to chat with the Go Fund Me Happiness Team and they shut me down.

3. Farmer Gez

The Chinese can’t lose Black Ball.
    Solar panels and batteries for the gullible and huge sales of Gen sets for those who actually want on demand power to cool the kids or keep the beloved old folks alive.
    Andrews is possibly the most naively idiotic politician in Australia’s history. Even old Pluckers in Queensland could read the writing on the wall.

The problem with making donation on the new site is they want all your details… name, address, phone number, email address. all that sort of stuff. It’s unnecessary.

5. Farmer Gez

It was incredibly cold in SA yesterday morning.
    Robe was -2.2
    The record goes back to 1885 and previous low was 0.3
    Anyone who knows the seaside town and the wind that normally blows all year round would be amazed.
    Shhhh from the BoM and the climateers.

6. rickw

The bugmen are coming for you, address or no address, makes no difference.

7. rickw

Just tried to chat with the Go Fund Me Happiness Team and they shut me down.

Keep calling and emailing, clog up their rotten organisation!

rickw
    #3052387, posted on June 25, 2019 at 6:02 am

Gofundme has credit card details, more than enough to ID anyone.

9. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Obsessional dementia is your forte, not mine, and unbecoming on this fine blog.
    Lol the sheer effrontery of that statement alone, Granny.

Both of us very new grannies are up and about early, Tinta. Before I felt able to speak of such things, like last month, when Tint’s first grandchild was born, Hairy and I became grandparents of a dear little boy, Hairy’s first grandson, athough he has been quite involved with the life and times of his step-grandsons, for I have two other grandsons already.

Nick, I don’t use the term ‘granny’ for myself, btw, in spite of it being the moniker of preference for Hairy’s upper middle class rellies in Britain, particularly his sister-in-law, whose county accent actually would cut glass. The Queen is always ‘granny’ to her grandchildren. Big Sis prefers her grandchildren to call her Nana, like my mother. My grandchildren call me Grandma as I am not of the apple-cheeked variety at all. In fact, wearing my pigtails handing out for the AC’s at the election, the Get-up woman I was chatting to exclaimed to me: No! You don’t look old enough to be a grandma; you must have started very young.

But I didn’t. Had my first child of the four when I was thirty.* 🙂

*I did say this was earlier during the years I was trying to preserve my identity, presenting as a younger person (for Hairy’s sake mainly, although vanity also called) here on the Cat. When Hairy and I first met I had two children, one five and the other one eight. He and I then produced our two when I was over forty. He has been a good albeit rather stern stepfather and they both respect him a lot now, in spite of the difficult teenage years when they rebelled, as yoofs do.

We are going to see the little bruiser Baby Hairy today or tomorrow, for Hairy is quite obsessed with the little chap, as is the proud dad of course. When we visited them in the maternity ward our daughter, who lives interstate now with her husband and two children, joined in a phone conference of congratulations. She ended the call saying I’ll say goodbye to you both now, mum and dad. Mum and dad are just going, our son replied, to which she answered, I don’t mean them, dummy, that’s you two now. Laughs all round.

10. Cassie of Sydney

“Tintarella di Luna
    #3052380, posted on June 25, 2019 at 5:21 am
    Just tried to chat with the Go Fund Me Happiness Team and they shut me down.”

Orwellian isn’t it…..wherever the great Eric Arthur Blair is now…..I am pretty sure he is spending most of his time either laughing or sobbing……and when he can stop laughing and sobbing he is yelling down at us….

“I WARNED YOU.”

We can all get fuct!

Supreme Court strikes down ban on scandalous trademarks, in dispute over ‘FUCT’ clothing line

The Supreme Court on Monday struck down part of a federal law blocking trademarks for names or logos bearing “immoral” or “scandalous” images — including profanity and sexual imagery.

The justices said in a unanimous ruling that the law violated the constitutional rights of designer Erik Brunetti. Registration for his clothing brand “FUCT” (pronounced as the individual letters F-U-C-T) had been denied by a federal tribunal.

I hope they do naughty nightware.

12. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

A tough call, but I think you’re right.

The Great Warming Scare has really brought these worms out of the woodwork.

‘Pluckers’ is a good one. Soon to be plucked by the voters, one hopes, although tonight on PML a rather gaunt looking Pauline (hope she’s well) expressed fears that Jackie Trad would truncheon in should rumours of Pluckers’ departure prove better founded than Graham Richardson gives them credit for.

13. Herodotus

Kudelka is very lucky to have a job with The Australian when his standard is more Green Left Weekly or The Big Issue.
    As for views on War With Iran, it should have happened immediately after the US embassy in Teheran was invaded and the staff taken hostage. But Carter froze and then agreed to an ill-fated and limited rescue action. Entebbe it wasn’t.
    Painting Bolton as simply a gung-ho warmonger is doing the left’s work for them.

14. bespoke

You could say that about any criticism.

15. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Pauline and Corey had a barney of major proportions on PML. Showed her fighting side. I suspect most Cat males would not enjoy being married to Ms. Hanson while she was holding a frying pan, or even simply holding forth.

Your Party was an abysmal failure, she flared up at Corey, while he nobbled her failure to support the LNP tax cuts due to her Bradfield scheme grandiosity. A mild-mannered man, quite the Clark Kent, but no telephone booth stunts. Perhaps Mark Latham could play the role of the man in a baggy suit with an S on it.

16. bespoke

Id hoped that Corey would be an alternative to the nutters but I was naive to think it was possible.

17. Knuckle Dragger

ACL’s Folau campaign is up to $45K.

Overnight, with no public announcements, and no fanfare and no media.

I suspect I’m going to love this long time once word spreads this morning and later today.

18. Knuckle Dragger

And it begins. Sky News has it on this morning.

Fortunately, the nutter Shelton’s name is nowhere near it.

19. Knuckle Dragger

$58,000. Ha!

Mind you, it’s still 30 times less than Four Leaf Tayback’s tax bill over the journey.

20. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

F-U-C-T

Fuck Up Confirmed Today?

I have a pretty floral shirt by FCUK. French Connection United Kingdom
    No logo on it though. Goodness me, no.
    That would be rude, wouldn’t it?
    And screams High Street clothing. 🙂

Knuckle Dragger
    #3052403, posted on June 25, 2019 at 6:48 am

$58,000. Ha!

60K now, this is where the serious money talks

22. bespoke

A position with no black marks is a liability. This is shit!

23. Cassie of Sydney

“Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #3052399, posted on June 25, 2019 at 6:36 am”

Thanks for the lowdown Lizzie…I didn’t watch PML last night…I am acutely disappointed in Cory….I have long thought he lacks mongrel…proven again by your description of his stoush with Pauline last night. We need alternative leaders with fire….and who are willing to play with fire. Pauline..for all her faults…has fire and will light the fire. All successful renegade and populist leaders know how to attract attention…NOT Cory. And by folding the AC, he has had an adolescent dummy spit…rather than try and fix the problems with the party he founded….and keep persevering….he has had a temper tantrum and wimped out. I also suspect he has put feelers out to the Libs in SA to rejoin the party and they have told him to bugger off. They want him to retire and give his spot to Georgina Downer. And I’ll say it again…his first choice on the senate ticket here in NSW…Sophie York (don’t get me wrong…nice women but she hasn’t evolved from a gushing Year 12 student on her first date) was NOT a good choice…it should have been Riccardo. Pauline was right last night (although the word “abysmal” is unfair)….his party failed….despite the very good people who joined the AC….and I suspect that the failure had a lot to do with Cory.

And as for Mark Latham….he hasn’t disappointed me yet….he is not being a “shrinking violet”….he is speaking up and he is speaking out. He has traction and notoriety….like Pauline…and that’s what we need and we need more of it.

Yup 62 now if jumps by 500 and 1K not $5

25. Dr Faustus

Faith leaders push PM to act on climate

More than 150 religious leaders – including the heads of the Uniting Church in Australia, the Federation of Australian Buddhist Councils, Muslims Australia and the National Council of Churches – on Tuesday issued an open letter to Mr Morrison.

Under the banner of Australian Religious Response to Climate Change, the group calls for a stop to new coal and gas projects, stopping Adani’s controversial coal mine in central Queensland and moving to 100 per cent renewable energy by the year 2030.

So, it appears that God endorses the Greens climate policy.

[Obviously Australian Religious Response to Climate Change is a science-based, mainstream organization, and not run by head-tilty activists at all.]

For space fans, today is the day!

SpaceX Falcon Heavy poised for dramatic night launch (via Drudge)

SpaceX readied a triple-core Falcon Heavy rocket for the booster’s first nighttime launch Monday in what promises to be a spectacular climb to space. The launch kicks off a complex $750 million mission to deploy 24 small science and technology testbed satellites into multiple orbits for the Pentagon, NASA and a variety of other agencies.

In so doing, the third flight of the Falcon Heavy, along with the attempted recovery of all three first stage core boosters — two back at Cape Canaveral and one on an off-shore droneship — will help certify the powerful rocket for launching expensive high-priority national security payloads, a major milestone for SpaceX.

Managed by the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, the Space Test Program 2 — STP-2 — launch from historic pad 39A at the Kennedy Space Center is targeted for 11:30 p.m. EDT Monday. Forecasters predicted an 80 percent chance of acceptable weather.

Looks to be at about 12:30 pm AEST if my arithmetic is right. I’ll hunt up a streaming link to the launch itself.

27. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Hauling back to bed now.
    Our bedroom fire alarm unaccountably went off at 3.30am in the night.
    Possum in the rafters? Had to get up to slam it off and check AOK.
    Drifting back to sleep when I hear the computer in my study singing into life.

The electronic ghosts around here seem somewhat tetchy that we’re back.

28. Top Ender

Extract from the Oz lead story:

The Australian Christian Lobby has launched a new fundraising website for Israel Folau after GoFundMe banned the Christian rugby star using the crowdfunding platform to fund his legal battle with Rugby Australia…But Martyn Iles, the managing director of the Australian Christian Lobby, has stepped in and is hosting an online appeal for funds from its own website.

“On behalf of the Australian Christian Lobby, I have spoken to Israel Folau to let him know that ACL will be donating $100,000 to his legal defence, because it’s right and it sets an important legal precedent,’’ Mr Iles said.

“I have also offered to host his online appeal for funds here on our website and he has accepted our offer. All gifts you give on this web page will be deposited into a trust account to pay for Israel Folau’s legal case.’’

29. Knuckle Dragger

The most brutal and bloody of wars are religious wars. Has been the case for thousands of years.

The bugmen have made it so, underestimating the ferocity of the punters, sick of being told what to think and how to act.

Unused to escalation, they thought the little people would shut up and cop it. Again.

Woopsie.

30. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Leigh Lowe, that’s an outstanding piece your friend has written re Israel Folau.

Cats with skills and contacts should disseminate it widely internationally.
    Australia’s shame should be made public on that stage, where many nations are becoming un-woke.

31. Farmer Gez

The progressives of the sixties and early seventies were all about ‘sticking it to the Man’.
    Big government and the corporate Capitalists.
    Now progressives cheer the big corporates for thought control.
    Turn off dissent, tune out opinion, drop in line with the crowd.
    What would Leary think?

32. Knuckle Dragger

$74K.

This is leaving GoFuckYourself in the shade.

33. Cassie of Sydney

“Now progressives cheer the big corporates for thought control.”

It’s precisely because they aren’t “progressives”…they’re “regressives”.

$76,340.84 raised

35. John Constantine

The experiment in privatising mass importation of revolutionary military age consumption machines into Australia and housing them in Ponxi high rise revolutionary freedom barracks is crumbling.

Front end loaded profits for Landsharks property developers and huge tail end liabilities for the taxpayers.

How many dogbox developments are like the leaning towers of Mascot?.

Comrades.

36. Cassie of Sydney

“”Knuckle Dragger
    #3052417, posted on June 25, 2019 at 7:04 am
    $74K.

This is leaving GoFuckYourself in the shade.”

Yep….this is even better….it is going to expose GFY for the leftist totalitarian scum they are.

37. Dr Faustus

Faith leaders push PM to act on climate

More than 150 religious leaders – including the heads of the Uniting Church in Australia, the Federation of Australian Buddhist Councils, M*slims Australia and the National Council of Churches – on Tuesday issued an open letter to Mr Morrison.

So, it appears that God endorses the Greens climate policy.

38. Knuckle Dragger

ACL saying it donated $100K to Folau.

Excellent, and even better they kept it separate from the posted public donations. Smart.

39. Farmer Gez

How many dogbox developments are like the leaning towers of Mascot?.

I don’t know what’s in your coffee of a morning John C, but that’s a ripper.

$81k .

Ha, ha this is going gang-busters.
    The bugman has a bloodied nose.
    Please, please Kochie – slag it off.

$85,046.84 raised

42. Knuckle Dragger

‘revolutionary freedom barracks’

Ha!

43. Knuckle Dragger

14 degrees in Darwin.

What manner of sorcery is this?

Winter is Coming.

JC

#3052383, posted on June 25, 2019 at 5:41 am

If you are worried about it, put down mUnster’s caravan as your address.
    I checked earlier and I think you can do.it without phone number.

$90,001.84 raised

90 grand.
    Poyret Pete’s bandana will be smoking.

$92,431.84 raised

He is going at about $1,000 per minute.
    Raelene’s fresh spinnaker sized cottontails will be soiled again.

Where is mOnty lol now?

50. 2dogs

My beef will be that monies have not been refunded. You would know that the media is suggesting that that’s already been done but it hasn’t and I’ve checked our accounts and there’s been no refund. Has anyone received a refund in the last 24 hours?

1. If you haven’t got your money back, complain here.

2. Tell them that if you don’t get it back promptly, you will complain to the AFCA.

$95,001.84 raised

52. hzhousewife

National Office
    Australian Christian Lobby
    Eternity House
    4 Campion Street
    DEAKIN ACT 2600

I will mail a cheque.

$98,481.84 raised

54. Dr Faustus

ACL Israel Folau donation site.
    $84,726 raised.

It’s immoral that stupid, stupid people should be tricked into donating to a very rich man looking to make himself even richer at the expense of my commentating career the Game Played in Heaven.

Alan Joyce could not be reached for a comment…

1. If you haven’t got your money back, complain here.

2. Tell them that if you don’t get it back promptly, you will complain to the AFCA.

Fuck it.
    Do both.
    Tell AFCA that GFM people on the phone were telling you there wouldn’t be refunds due to public pressure.
    Just make shit up.

56. Cassie of Sydney

And the thing is with GoFuckYourself….by prostrating themselves and giving in to the baying and howling leftist mobs over Folau…..they have now irreparably damaged the brand for people fundraising in the future……because there is NO way that I will ever give a cent to anything on GFY…NO WAY. This is what the left do….they politicise everything to the point where destroy everything. GoFuckYourself has now permanently damaged its reputation. Bravo….bravo…..bravo.

There’s the century.
    $103k.

Get a load of this ad

Sounds you will end up dying from side affects.

59. Mater

I will mail a cheque.

The public statement of donating to the site and the message it sends, is equally (if not more) important than the money itself. It needs to happen while the iron is hot, not a week from now. That’s why the gofundme page was shut down.
    Folau doesn’t need the money. He needs the verifiable public support, and it needs to come in a single wave.

Fucking hell.
    The meter is whizzing so fast I can’t read the three right hand digits.

Leigh Lowe
    #3052446, posted on June 25, 2019 at 7:28 am
    There’s the century.
    $103k.

$114,163.84 raised

Nup, it is running at $3 grand a minute.

$116,193.84 raised

64. Knuckle Dragger

One hundred thousand dollars.

Donated overnight after the ACL punters put the page up, and without advertising.

The punters aren’t even at work yet.

I’m going to call it for $750K by six o’clock AEST. I’m going to laugh my tits off if it’s on the low side.

$120,033.84 raised

66. Dr Faustus

After a weekend of slagging Folau, News.Com.au sniffs the wind:

The Australian Christian Lobby launched a new donation page for Israel Folau after his GoFundMe page was axed — and it’s taking off.

Plus a direct link to the ACL site.

Balanced by:

On Monday evening, Change.org director Sally Rugg let fly at the Christian rugby player on Q&A, saying the “disgusting” comments made her feel sick.

“The words that Folau uses about gay Australians — people like me — they exist in a context where the Morrison government is looking at whether people really care or not that religious schools can exclude LGBTI teachers and students,” she said.

Gloves off: it’s the armies of QWERTY culture on the move – Folau v Goth is just a casus belli.

Thanks Leigh.

As you know, I was dubious about donating, but now seeing what gofuckyourself has done… well that’s different.

I just got:

Please note: A refund has been issued for your donation to Israel Folau Legal Action Fund.
    $1,000.00 donation to the campaign
    $50.00 tip to GoFundMe
    The amount above will return to you within 3–7 business days.

If you have questions about this refund, you can find answers and contact us 24/7 via the GoFundMe Help Center.

Mater at 7:31.
    I agree absolutely.
    When 10,000 people donate $750k then ante up and do it all over again, it totally explode the line that Issy is just a crazy happy-clapper shouting at the sky.
    Or, put another way, we support his right to be a crazy happy-clapper shouting at the sky.
    I wonder if it will sink in that Liz Ellis, Bandana Man, Kochie and co have generated a good proportion of the donations.

Knuckle Dragger
    #3052453, posted on June 25, 2019 at 7:34 am

If you think about it, it doesn’t take a lot of punters to donate to get there at the rate it’s going now.

$125,943.84 raised

$130,063.84 raised

73. Dr Faustus

No, no, no. Quite wrong.

Their ABC circles the wagons and provides an expert to explain:

There. Evidence-based.

74. Farmer Gez

Now we wait for the ACL to have their site shutdown.
    The old cheque book may still have its uses.

75. Knuckle Dragger

Excellent pic on Faceache this morning.

Country football match. Various blokes standing around watching the game in winter gear, as you do.

One of said blokes has an old hi-vis vest on over the top. He has written ‘Behavioural Awareness Officer’ in texta on the back.

He has a stubby in one hand, and a claw hammer in the other.

Just perfect.

76. Mother Lode

At least the Paywallian gets that it is a legal battle with RA, not about free speech which is a right somewhat outside RA’s gift.

77. Dr Faustus

$1,000.00 donation to the campaign
    $50.00 tip to GoFundMe
    The amount above will return to you within 3–7 business days.

So, tip, plus the use of your money for 2 – 6 business days.
    Sound business model.

$140,442.84 raised

Farmer Gez

#3052465, posted on June 25, 2019 at 7:44 am

Now we wait for the ACL to have their site shutdown.

Someone will be loading gas bottles in a van as we speak.

80. Ryan

New fundraiser going gangbusters. Wouldn’t be surprised if it hits $1 million today. The quiet Australians will not back down.

Thanks Leigh.

Actually you do need a phone number, but I don’t give a fuck.

82. politichix

ACL donation made. Hopefully my GoFundMe donation doesn’t get returned

83. Knuckle Dragger

Speaking of perfect, the Barmy Army will be warming up nicely by now for a bit of hearty singing, for the benefit of Sooky McFidgetCheat and the houso ranga midget.

The smart hardware people will be flogging sandpaper at a tenner a sheet.

KD posted at $74k at 7:04.
    It is now just on $150k.
    $75k raised in 50 minutes.

85. Feelthebern:

Bruce, have you every tried hemp oil?
    I fractured my L3 almost 20 years ago.
    Ever since I’ve had issues.
    Almost 5 months ago I started taking hemp oil capsules.
    Ever since, zero back issues & I haven’t had a panadol or nurofen either.

My migraines are giving me hell – now they’re at a 4/10 for the entire day.
    Panadiene Forte x1 brings them back to a reasonable level, but this has been going on for 5 years now and I’m starting to get a little desperate.
    Did you need a script for the hemp oil, or is it OTC?

86. Mother Lode

The ‘offending’ posts of Izzy’s refers to drunkards, fornicators and rectal rodeo-ists.

What the public should be encouraged to consider is why people who drink and people who shag while not married were so able to take the tweets in their stride? When they heard what was in Izzy’s Instagram what was their reaction? Did they feel outrage or shame or…or…did they simply not really care.

GoFuckYou never stated they want to defend the right of people to a tipple and a rumpy-pumpy. Pirate Pete hasn’t. The blind deaf worms at Macquarie radio haven’t. The j’ism detritus at Neinfax who form an unbroken line wherever the high tide of outrage deposits them on the beach hasn’t.

Why then are they so ready to leap up and down simply because the gay lobbyists say they were offended?

Because they are programmed to? Trained to respond in a way that does not really make sense to them.

Maybe the general public should consider if they really want to be a part of this.

I just donated as promised at 5 x what I was intending via GFM.
    This is how it goes bugmen.

Dr Faustus
    #3052468, posted on June 25, 2019 at 7:47 am

Reminds me of Ashton Tate

Mother Lode

#3052481, posted on June 25, 2019 at 7:57 am

Interesting.
    SkyNews lady referred to the “supposed and perceived” homophobic posts.
    I would say a few media lawyers have had a sharp intake of breath at the fundraising potential of Issy and warned their clients to be a tad careful.

90. Cassie of Sydney

““GoFundMe, as the platform to raise money, has been hit with an almost perfect storm of controversy,” Dr Waller said.

Is this Dr Waller also known as Dr Vivian Waller…..buddy of Juliar Gillard, founder of Vulture (aka Waller) Legal….and one of George Pell’s chief assassins?

91. lotocoti

saying the “disgusting” comments made her feel sick.

Are there additional comments I’ve missed, or is S/H/It referring to Izzy’s come to baby cheeses call?

8:00 am total $167k

93. Geriatric Mayfly

Is this Dr Waller also known as Dr Vivian Waller…..buddy of Juliar Gillard,

Wondering the same. But I see the pronoun HE. Not that that would be an obstacle in the case of Viv.

94. Cassie of Sydney

“Winston Smith
    #3052480, posted on June 25, 2019 at 7:56 am
    Feelthebern:

Bruce, have you every tried hemp oil?
    I fractured my L3 almost 20 years ago.
    Ever since I’ve had issues.
    Almost 5 months ago I started taking hemp oil capsules.
    Ever since, zero back issues & I haven’t had a panadol or nurofen either.

My migraines are giving me hell – now they’re at a 4/10 for the entire day.
    Did you need a script for the hemp oil, or is it OTC?

Hi Winson…I suffer from severe migraines…I have one today. They are crippling…sometimes with the migraine I am also physically sick….I can’t hold down water. I wouldn’t mind trying hemp oil.

95. Mater

I just donated as promised at 5 x what I was intending via GFM.
    This is how it goes bugmen.

He had my best wishes, but I wasn’t going to donate at all.
    However, gofundme (and the clowns on The Project) have taken this fight into the next realm and shifted the goal posts somewhat.
    They’ve now really pissed me off.

Which is having the totally predictable result:

The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That’s why results of this LGBTQ survey are ‘alarming’

Young people are growing less tolerant of LGBTQ individuals, a jarring turn for a generation traditionally considered embracing and open, a survey released Monday shows. The number of Americans 18 to 34 who are comfortable interacting with LGBTQ people slipped from 53% in 2017 to 45% in 2018

That’s what you get when you shove activist politics down people’s throats. Well done qwerties.

97. None:
    My card was given my donation back this morning.
    Fuckkers.
    I’ll add a zero to it on the new site.

98. ZK2A:

I find it ironic – Gen Snowflke want testing for their pills – which may, or may not be illegal to get into a rave festival – but middle aged and respectable taxpayers can’t even buy a packet of strong painkillers over the counter at their local pharmacy….

It duzzenmatta.
    There’s Fentanyl coming to a pub near you, even as we speak.

99. Mother Lode

I wonder if Morro’s political antennae are finally going to twitch in resonance, or if some 21 year old staffer who reads the Herald (well, colours in the B&W pictures) will assure him it is just a bunch of cranks trying to undermine the utopia he has created – best to say that there is no room for Christian beliefs in modern Australia.

$200,124.01 raised

101. Cactus

Just donated $100 which I presume I am soon likely to get back from GFM. Might have to stagger some more donations later today.

This is so important to me. I really truly believe in free speech, in free religious expression and it needs to be defended. I want to participate, I want others to join. This is so important to try to stop the slow burning corporate overreach into our lives.

102. Knuckle Dragger

To use the modern vernacular designed to let people down gently, instead of just being called giant imbecilic cockheads:

Ray Castle and his mates have made some poor choices.

103. rickw

$74K.

This is leaving GoFuckYourself in the shade.

I think it was $24k at 6:00am when I donated.

104. Knuckle Dragger

‘All corporations and organisations, go back to the core of your mission statement. Banks – do financial services, Airlines – fly me somewhere safely, at an acceptable cost and comfort, Energy firms – give me the cheapest electricity you possibly can and Rugby Australia – administer a game for the enjoyment of all fans. Get out of our lives, quit the moralising.’

Perfectly encapsulated, Cactus. The punters – the little people that keep things running – have had enough.

I’m saving on italics by the way. For da planet.

105. rickw

He has a stubby in one hand, and a claw hammer in the other.

Hilarious!!

Leigh Lowe
    #3052364, posted on June 25, 2019 at 3:36 am
    Raised $20k so far.
    Not sure when it kicked off.

$214,352.02 raised

107. “Seventh Battalion, second tour. Graduated from the School of Infantry. Given our choice of battalion, but were told “These are the battalions going to Vietnam. If you don’t want to go to Vietnam, don’t put your name down for these battalions.”

Really

108. Cassie of Sydney

I cancelled my Telegraph subscription yesterday…never to be renewed….however I am paid up to 30 June which is next Sunday. The newspaper…over the last few months…has just degenerated into another version of news.com.au. This morning I had a look at the Telegraph’s online front page and I also looked at their lead piece on Folau which I can still do as my subscription is yet to expire. It seems that, for the first time in weeks, the Telegraph has muted and calmed down its frenzied attacks on Folau…the coverage today is much more nuanced and subdued than it has been. When I cancelled my subscription yesterday morning…at 7.30 a.m….I told the woman who took my call as to why. I wonder if others have also cancelled their subscription and I wonder if the remaining adults at the Telegraph have realised that they are losing subscribers…I wonder.

109. Mother Lode

The subtext being that no such consideration – whether people care – should be entertained because she might not like the outcome.

Honey, the rest of Australia is not here for your piece of mind, and you can’t wish people’s concerns about gay activists* in schools out of existence simply because feelz.

*Nobody gives a rats arse about gay school teachers. How would the kids know – the teachers’ private lives should not be part of the lessons. But there are activists. ALL activists should be out of schools. Or, if they are in the schools, they should be quietly buried under the basket ball courts at night. But that is only right.

110. Geriatric Mayfly

Classy word for feelers. And it’s all about the feelz. Anyhow, Morro is currently preoccupied with that ill gotten spawn languishing in the ME, and how best to smuggle them in under the radar.

the Telegraph has muted and calmed down its frenzied attacks on Folau

As I said above about the qualifiers used by SkyNews “supposed and perceived homophobia”.
    I reckon some in-house lawyers have walked into some newsrooms and told a few SJWs to cool their jets.
    The Tele just burnt $800k defaming Geoffrey Rush. I am not sure the editorial floor would survive if they dropped another 800k

Any word from Liz, the Poyret or Kochie yet.

113. None

Winston no refund down here yet but we’re going to double

SCOTUSblog
    ‏Verified account
    @SCOTUSblog
    #SCOTUS rules that federal ban on registration of “immoral” or “scandalous” trademarks violates the First Amendment, in challenge brought by designer who wanted to register the trademark for his FUCT clothing brand

$237,988.02 raised

116. Barry

Refunded the full amount just now.

117. Gab

None of this hysterical carry-on would be happening if Folau was a muslim.

118. Gab

“The words that Folau uses about gay Australians — people like me — they exist in a context where the Morrison government is looking at whether people really care or not that religious schools can exclude LG BTI teachers and students,” she said.

None of this hysterical carry-on would be happening if Folau was a mus lim.

119. None

The person who bombed ACL in Canberra was a gay activist. Let the mother f***** gay activist try that again.

$245,123.02 raised

121. BrettW

Good to see Bandana man’s article is still up. The one with the heading :

“The people have spoken and Folau should listen”.

The more people like him, his wife, Kochie etc. have a go at Folau the more $’s will be donated.

None, my asterisk filter is dangerously overloaded.

123. Top Ender

The Oz is going for a strong freedom of speech line this morning in its print edition.

Front page has Christian fury as GoFundMe axes Israel with an Unacceptable red slash across Folau and his missus.

Then to the right they have three pics as follows with green Acceptable banners.

THE CAR LOVER

20-year-old Perth man tried to fundraise $500,000 for a Ferrari to cure anxiety

THE SENATOR

The Greens’ Sarah Hanson-Young raised $62,408 for her defamation battle against then senator David Leyonhjelm

THE NURSE

A transgender nurse has raised $17,000 for ‘vocal feminisation surgery’, cheek implants and lip lifts

and then in the text:

THE FOOTBALLER

Wallaby Israel Folau was trying to raise $3m for legal fees to defend his religious beliefs in his contract battle with Rugby Australia

Should boot GoFundMe’s earnings into left field.

124. Knuckle Dragger

‘The words that Folau uses about gay Australians – people like me’

What? Words like ‘repent’? ‘Jesus loves you’?

A quarter of a meg before breakfast.

Checking out a restaurant and read this funny review

Liars

Sorry to say. If you like liars. This place is for you!
    We had a 2:45 reservation. We arrived right on time. As we walked in. I heard the owner tell the front desk woman. “Get rid of them. Tell them we are closed..” She came to me and said. Your reservation on OpenTable did not come to us. I showed her our confirmation. Then she said we are closed for a private event…. So we left. On the way out. I looked at her reservation screen. It was not on. I tapped it. Did not come on. As we were walking away. I phone Sistina and asked the same woman to cancel us. She still tried to say that our reservation was not in her system. I informed her that she is lying. She then said she would cancel. She didn’t. I called OpenTable and they said they could see the res and that we were not seated. She did say it was odd. Because they seated something at 3:05pm.

The Truth –

127. None

The amount above will return to you within 3–7 business days.

really stackja? It was about 760000 when they pulled it and I reckon they waited a few days to get a substantial amount because they can now make a bit more on the overnight money markets. They can grab it from your account within seconds of you donating but when it comes to giving it back: no. These are the people who help raise money for dying kids remember.

128. mh

The Editor is Chris Dore. He became editor of the Courier Mail a few years back and he turned an average newspaper into a total fvcking joke. It was really embarrassing.

129. Farmer Gez

Bolta should give Folau a nice sum.
    I wonder if ScoMo would dare?
    At least the ACL should be confidential.

130. Mother Lode

I think what the MSM and the other egregious turds (ET’s) were counting on is that the right does not have the time or even the predisposition to wage these campaigns for extended periods – they have other things in their lives – family, friends, jobs, faith etc.

The MSM and ET’s have nothing much else in their lives. They eat, sleep and breathe this shit.

Their families? If in disagreement with them, are labeled idiots to be treated with contempt. If it is their own family (their own kids) then they are hounded with talking points and indoctrinated.

Their friends? Their friends are chosen of doctrinal grounds. Friends means political accomplice.

Jobs? They gravitate to jobs that will enable them to engage in politics – the media, universities, activist groups, etc.

Faith? Their faith is in their politics. Their congregation is their fellow travellers. Their idol, whose name is forever in their hearts and whom they praise in unison is “Me”. The diabolical enemy of Me goes by many names: Abbott, Trump, Howard, Christianity etc.

But most importantly, their faith offers them what has been called ‘the teleological suspension of the ethical’ – in the service of the highest good (Me), all ethical constraints can be ignored. It is good to lie and libel, steal, threaten people’s livelihood, threaten their enemies’ children, encourage violence, and to avail themselves of everyone else’s money in the form of tax.

The right is not like this.

The MSM at ET’s closing down the GoFuckYourself fund would have been meant to force Izzy to start again or give up. And the people who made the donations, having already made donations, to have moved on and only fewer of them would be expected to donate a second time.

But it seems this time they were wrong.

131. “Seventh Battalion, second tour. Graduated from the School of Infantry. Given our choice of battalion, but were told “These are the battalions going to Vietnam. If you don’t want to go to Vietnam, don’t put your name down for these battalions.”

Really?
    You were sold a “warrie”.
    My unit preference was 4RAR because it had just returned from Vietnam.
    I did my homework on this before submitting it. I got 7 RAR which was warned for service in Vietnam simultaneously with my posting.
    As for your reference to Dapin’s work, there is no mention of “the majority of teachers being posted to the PIR” on page 45. There were certainly teachers who scored this posting (promotion to Sergeant and a pretty good experience teaching English to the PIR), but they were a minority not a majority.
    By the time I had been enlisted, there was a backlog of teachers who, like me, had been deferred until they had completed their training and one year of service, as per the provisions of the NS Act.
    This made it very difficult to get into Education Corps, and most teachers, like me, ended up in Infantry, because that’s what the army needed at the time.
    Perhaps you should have quoted this excerpt from Dapin’s book on p45 –

The myth of the volunteer was too clear-cut ever to be true, but it is worth considering the meaning behind the mythology, and why the idea continues to animate veterans.
    Ernest Benjamin Morris* asked why so many veterans prefer to think of themselves as volunteers, and wrote “One possible reason is that it increases the prestige of Vietnam veterans if they can claim they were just like those who went to all the heroic, nation-building battles of World War One. It is much more heroic to have chosen to become a warrior.”

It is this “why” that I am investigating. There are rich pickings here on this issue.
    Dapin goes on to write –

However, the clearest function of the volunteer myth is that it absolves the government of blame: if a man knows nothing else about the army, he knows never to volunteer for anything. And, if every man in Vietnam chose to fight, then none were compelled to die. It is a way of blaming the soldiers, if not for the war, then at least for their own fate

; the dead were all willing fighters; they knew the risks.

I also suggest you read p41, where Dapin cites my research.
    *Morris – Remembering – p40

132. Percy Popinjay

Your Party was an abysmal failure, Hanson flared up at Corey

Fact check: 100% Correct. I would not like to see Riccardo B and the Rusty languishing around on the fringes of Australian politics leading a “party” that has a lower profile than the animal justice party.

For better or worse, or the gliberals have to be reinfiltrated and the likes of the Photios Phag Phaction ruthlessly expelled.

133. None

I thought I had a read between the lines of the statement flower put out yesterday and I’m really hoping they’re gonna go after all those who slandered Maria Folau. That’s the one that really got me going and I know that that the f***ers (sorry Leigh) was so pissed off with netball SAs response they are now trying to pressure netball New Zealand given Maria also plays for the national team there. F***ers. (sorry Leigh).

134. Dr Faustus

This is all turning into a major PR coup for the Flying Leprechaun.

Qantas will now be the airline of choice for QWERTY/Two Spirit folk, Change.Org activists, faded Rugby Union Immortals who could have been much better players than Folau, devotees of woeful historians, and sports journalists.

All of whom are firmly in the demographic willing to pay absolute top dollar for the same flying experience offered by all first-tier airlines.

135. Percy Popinjay

Dore is the current editor of the Oz. Ben English replaced Dore as editor of the Tele.

Dore is doing such a sterling job as editor I binned my Oz subscription about six weeks ago, after many months of prevaricating.

136. P

“Law Council of Australia president Arthur Moses told the ABC Australia needs a nationwide review of ethical guidance and rules regarding crowdfunding for litigation.”

mh
    #3052542, posted on June 25, 2019 at 8:40 am
    Stack, we get the point.

$$$

138. Mater

And there it is again!

1735099
    #2990778, posted on April 18, 2019 at 9:22 am

– Were you or were you not deferred twice?

mh, Christopher Dore WAS editor of the Daily Tele until about a year ago when he became managing editor of The Australian, which he has proceeded to turn into a leftist toilet that censors reader comments that don’t toe the leftist party line.

140. Mother Lode

Any word from Liz, the Poyret or Kochie yet.

Where’s Monty?

Just yesterday he seemed so ebullient.

What has changed?

Tom #3052368, David Rowe joins the pile-on.

How come Folau has suddenly become a white guy in David Rowe’s imagination?

I understand sometimes Rowe struggles a bit drawing a recognizable face but the picture with Folau’s name on it looks more like Mark Latham. Could that be an accident, or it’s that racism/privilege thing that happens even when you can’t control it?!?

142. Top Ender

Interesting story-break to enjoy in the turmoil:

Cheap knock-offs sent Dickens round the twist

LUCY BANNERMAN

There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts, Charles Dickens wrote in Oliver Twist.

He did not name any titles but few books infuriated the author as much as the shameless rip-offs of his own work, which he was powerless to stop.

Take for example Oliver Twiss, Martin Guzzlewit, Barnaby Budge and Nickelas Nickelbery, which flooded the market at the height of his popularity.

Although long forgotten, these plagiarised serialisations were so popular that Dickens went to court to halt their publication. He failed.

Rohan McWilliam, of Anglia Ruskin University, rediscovered the counterfeit copies while researching the life of Edward Lloyd, the press baron who published them.

Not only did they help make Lloyd a very rich man, the cheaper alternatives may have been the first experience that the poorer reading public had of Dickens’s work: they were sold for a penny, compared with a shilling for the originals.

From 1837 to 1850 Lloyd employed 10 to 15 writers to churn out tales of London orphans, misers and tubby gentlemen.

To Dickens’s frustration the rip-offs often came out before the final instalments of the originals, allowing the plagiarists to imagine alternative fates for the characters.

Mr Pickwick travels to the US and becomes a plantation owner, while Oliver Twiss gets caught up with a gangmaster called Solomon.

“These are not lost classics: they were pretty bad,” Professor McWilliam said.

As The Times reported in June 1837, Dickens’s publishers took Lloyd to the Court Chancery in an attempt to ban The Penny Pickwick but the judge, Sir Lancelot Shadwell, concluded that the ripoff was so bad that no one would be fooled. Dickens is regarded as a big influence on the final creation of copyright law in Britain.

THE TIMES

143. I was not “deferred”. My enlistment was delayed until I completed one year of teaching, which was a requirement of the then National Service Act.

Read the National Service Act 1965.
    Your pathetic point-scoring is revealing your ignorance.

144. Percy Popinjay

faded Rugby Union Immortals who could have been much better players than Folau

Indeed. I was very disappointed to see Justin Harrison joining a pile on against Folau the other day on Fox sports. About as edifying as watching the Fox sports AFL panel trying to apply some lipstick to the behavioral awareness pigs.

3:30 am $20k
    7:00 am $70k
    8:00 am $167k
    9:00 am $286k
    Yep, the run rate is $100k per hour.

146. Mother Lode

The amount above will return to you within 3–7 business days.

I have little doubt that is standard – all financial businesses use a shovel to collect money, but chopsticks to give it back.

But i wonder if there weren’t some of the gloating twats from yesterday counting on the fact that people would have trouble making donations if Izzy started again while waiting for their refunds from GoFuckYourself, and the impact this would have on the public mind and on people considering re-donating (a sense of loss of enthusiasm might lead other people to reappraise their own donations).

147. Knuckle Dragger

‘I had done my research’

‘I didn’t have a crystal ball in 1969’

‘I ended up in the Army to do a job, not get a job’

Speaking of rich pickings, Four Leaf, you’ve done some brilliant cherrypicking from ADFA’s pet awther.

Tell us again how closing time in Townsville in the late 80s/early 90s was a balanced, orderly affair. Those that were actually part of that might like to hear it again, just for the comedy value.

Tell us again how the ADF kept us on a short leash.

Tell us again how your SLR was locked and loaded.

Vietnam was not MASH. You are not Hawkeye.

148. Mater

Read the National Service Act 1965.
    Your pathetic point-scoring is revealing your ignorance.

And your lack of consistency is completely consistent.

1735099
    #3024357, posted on May 24, 2019 at 1:29 pm

The term “deferred” is American in origin, and should probably not be used in this context, but the fact is (as expressed in two different ways above) that my enlistment was delayed and I was eighteen months older (on average) than most Nashos in my intake.

149. feelthebern

Justin Harrison

Lol.
    A great role model for the kiddies.

P at 8:54 from the ABC article.

The outrage has come not so much from the underlying religious beliefs of Israel but from a mindset of this is someone who has a job that many, many people would dream of.

They insist on perpetuating the present tense, that he is a highly paid sportsman.
    Nup.
    He is unemployed, earning $0.00 per annum thanks to the Leprechaun and the Vicar.

151. feelthebern

Justin Harrison

Too sides to every story but, I know a lady who was dating him for a while.
    What a horrible young man.
    I hope he matured into his middle age.

Chris Hemsworth is a bit of a dickhead. He has joined forces with the flying fuckwit, branson, to set up Bitcoin revolution a company to redistribute money from rich investors to the punters. Yeah really.

153. None

Tintarella di Luna

#3052380, posted on June 25, 2019 at 5:21 am

Just tried to chat with the Go Fund Me Happiness Team and they shut me down.

What happened?

154. None

They insist on perpetuating the present tense, that he is a highly paid sportsman.
    Nup.

time to lodge a who complaints about false reporting I think

155. Jannie

$341,691.52 raised
    GOAL: $3,000,000.00

156. Infidel Tiger

Justin Harrison was a complete scumbag. His line out area against the Lions covered for a lot of stuff.

Thanks you Fitz and GoFundMe, you are the best PR agents on earth!

157. Jannie

9:00 am $286k
    Yep, the run rate is $100k per hour.

Leigh, the run rate in the last 20 minutes is closer to round $260 per minute.

Leigh Lowe
    #3052576, posted on June 25, 2019 at 9:02 am
    9:00 am $286k

9:20 am $346,066.52 raised

159. Gab

Still laughing at gofundme loosing the money they made on the donations. Brilliant business model guys.

160. thefrollickingmole

So Rugg the rug muncher if feeling rugged about a rugger player not joining in with the rugger buggers?

And furthermore introduces her personal morality as the bar for who she does business with.
    She should be made to bake that cake!

GFM 750K?
    ACL $365,229.52 raised

162. feelthebern

Wow.
    What will pirate pete say if the new page raises more in a day than the GFM did in 4?

How come Folau has suddenly become a white guy in David Rowe’s imagination?

Recall the outrageous outrage when Knight was described as making a black tennis player white?
    Even though Ms Osaka was the exact same tone as Ms Williams.
    I wonder when Mr Rowe will get carpeted by HRC?

164. Eyrie

“Dr Waller said he did not forsee the Folau saga would have any negative impact on the number of donations made on the platform.”
    What did he/she/it use to forsee? Chicken entrails? Tea leaves? The BoM super computer?

165. Percy Popinjay

Max Hastings – “Boris Johnson imagines himself as Churchill, when in reality he is more like Alan Partridge.”

LOL.

166. feelthebern

Why didn’t Rowe add Albo to his toon re the relationship with Setka?
    That would have made a lot more sense.
    Logic pretzels all over the Rowe this morn.
    What’s new?

167. Eyrie

Change.org director Sally Ruggmuncher. I fixes it.

It is good that the odious Lyle Shelton isn’t mention on the ACL donation appeal.

168. Percy Popinjay

The words that Folau uses about gay Australians … exist in a context where the Morrison government is looking at whether people really care or not that religious schools can exclude LGBTI teachers and students

FFS, what incoherent gibberish.

169. Infidel Tiger

GFM still haven’t refunded my previous coin.

I may have to sue.

170. Cassie:
    I just ordered a stack from Chemist Warehouse – link.
    From the sounds of it, it takes a while to build up the efficacy, but I’ll give it a go.

171. Mother Lode

A job that many people would dream of?

Could also describe jobs at the ABC.

And, over a career, likely around as lucrative as a professional Rugby Union player.

And yet have you seen any people who guard their funding, jobs and remuneration as jealously as the denizens of Ultimo? Add the money for speeches, the sweetheart book deals and cross promotions, columns in Neinfax thanks to their ABC profile, re-inventing themselves as companies selling their services to the ABC, etc.

And that myth they perpetuate about their only being paid sums comparable with the private sector is one of the most expensive jokes I have ever heard.

GFM 750K?
    ACL $375,494.52 raised

Infidel Tiger

#3052610, posted on June 25, 2019 at 9:34 am

GFM still haven’t refunded my previous coin.

I may have to sue.

Preceded by an abusive phone call I hope.
    I might call up and demand a refund of the donation I didn’t make.
    Disruptive!
    Innovative!!

174. Infidel Tiger

What’s wrong with Lyle?

175. EvilElvis

will return to you within 3–7 business days.

FMD, do they think they’re Australia Post?

Infidel Tiger

#3052620, posted on June 25, 2019 at 9:45 am

What’s wrong with Lyle?

He has precisely two more [email protected] than the entire Liberal party.

As usual Rowe has to label his caricatures so we know who they are supposed to be.

$392,634.97 raised over halfway to GFM

179. feelthebern

I have never seen anything like this in all my years.

will return to you within 3–7 business days.

Deliberate.
    They think they are dealing with Deplorables who live in “trailer parks” and have no spare cash.
    Stepping on the hose for a week would choke off the ability to make a second donation to another site.
    How is that working out?

Speaking of Lyle, I think we need a re-run of the plebiscite.

I suspect many people will have now changed their views.

Amazing how many times the word [email protected] comes up in conversation.

183. Ryan

Sky News should run a live Izzy donation tally on screen

184. Spider

I’m in two minds about the use of ACL as the forum for raising money as it gives Falaus detractors the opportunity to say “look the people donating are just religious cranks”. It somewhat dilutes the message that lots of Australians who are not Christians care about the broader implications for us all.

As an atheist, however, I will still be donating.

185. Infidel Tiger

I’m more likely to give a lot more to this site than the GoFundMe site.

Can trust the Christians and let’s be honest it keeps it out Izzy’s mits too.

186. feelthebern

Can trust the Christians and let’s be honest it keeps it out Izzy’s mits too.

You don’t trust Izzy due to his veganism.

187. Feelthebern:

I have never seen anything like this in all my years.

I have a Schadenboner that would make a donkey jealous.

188. Infidel Tiger

Speaking of Lyle, I think we need a re-run of the plebiscite.

I suspect many people will have now changed their views.

Another decade of immigration and we’ll be able to throw homos off buildings, not just stop them defiling marriage.

Patience!

Spider
    #3052632, posted on June 25, 2019 at 9:52 am

Agreed.

And I’m one of those cranky Christians.

Seriously None.
    London Lee?
    Easy Flowers?
    You need to cake Siri up the pack mattock and shoe tit wither Wendy Chu.

Kasey Edwards in the SMH …
    ‘If I grow up to be gay, will I go to hell?’

“If I grow up to be gay, will I go to hell?”

This is the question my daughter asked after she’d heard news reports about the sacking of former Wallabies star, Israel Folau, following his hateful comments on social media.

My daughter is nine so she may not have any sense of her sexual orientation, yet Folau’s comments troubled her for days.

Her question is doubly shocking given she has two gay uncles, we speak openly about homosexuality in our family, and her father and I could not care less about the gender of the people she chooses to love. Oh yeah, and we also don’t believe in hell.

So she heard about this at the kitchen table. Good job.

It also made me realise how very wrong it would be to reduce this issue to a mere contractual matter between Folau and Rugby Australia, or worse, to defend Folau’s “religious freedom” without any acknowledgement or concern about the harm that it undoubtably (sic) causes.

192. From yesterday –

#3051366, posted on June 24, 2019 at 12:31 pm
    As a service to Catallaxy subscribers, I’m taking William Todd Schultz’ research into Conservatism and mental illness and using a very simple scale to rank responses.
    The technique is to take a random page of responses to the open thread and allocate one point for each of the variables detected. The personal score will be calculated, and the poster with the highest number of indicators will be declared the day’s winner.
    At the end of the day, the lucky winner will be nominated.

The results are in.
    Mother Lode is the winner, from thefrollikingmoll second, and Mother Lode and None in a tie for third.
    They win the Conservatism/Mental Illness poll for yesterday.
    Funny thing is, the usual suspects (Knuckle Dragger ad Cassie of Sydney) missed the cut.
    Their posts are replete with abuse, but lack substance, so they indicators aren’t identifiable.
    It was fun.

193. Ryan

Fair point Spider. Ideally an organisation not directly affiliated with Christianity or the political right would have taken up this cause but none had the testicular fortitude.

3:30 am $20k
    7:00 am $70k
    8:00 am $167k
    9:00 am $286k
    10:00 am $413k

Market is open.
    Ringing the broker.
    Buy Izzy stocks … at any price.

The ACL has to promote the Folau cause to its US confreres.
    Then the big bucks will roll in. And I mean, big.

What sort of parents “speak openly about homosexuality” in front of a nine year-old?

197. jo

Winston Smith
    #3052480, posted on June 25, 2019 at 7:56 am

Feelthebern:

Bruce, have you every tried hemp oil?
    I fractured my L3 almost 20 years ago.
    Ever since I’ve had issues.
    Almost 5 months ago I started taking hemp oil capsules.
    Ever since, zero back issues & I haven’t had a panadol or nurofen either.

My migraines are giving me hell – now they’re at a 4/10 for the entire day.
    Did you need a script for the hemp oil, or is it OTC?

Have c4-7 fusion, going in for shoulder reconstruction tomorrow. Neck still plays up but bearable with 5mg Norspan patch which lasts a week @5umcg per hour. Non addictive. Get all the symptoms of migraine except the actual intense headache. This only occurs occasionally now. I take a 1/8 tab of 25mg Doxylamine OTC at night to relax the muscle spasms in my shoulder and back.Helps with the sleep.

198. “Spider
    #3052632, posted on June 25, 2019 at 9:52 am

As an atheist, however, I will still be donating.”

What’s the alternative? All the so called “secular” organisations such as GoFuckYourself are captured by people with ideologies that are inherently hostile to Christianity and Christians…or anyone of faith…except of course the RoP. I’m not a Christian….I’m Jooooish but I have no problems giving to a Christian organisation…and you know what….I can guarantee there are many donations from atheists, Jooos, Hindus, Buddhists, Satanists, Scientologists, Taoists, animists and so on. The issue with Folau isn’t what he said, it isn’t what he wrote and whatever…..I have no doubts that Israel thinks I’m off to hell because I don’t believe that Jesus was the Messiah….so fucking what.

199. johanna

Nigel Farage has Boris ‘finger in the wind’ Johnson down pat here (3 minute video):

But when asked whether, theoretically, he could back Boris Johnson as Prime Minister Mr Farage was more serious, making it clear Johnson would have to embody the qualities of Britain’s most famous historic politician if he wanted to succeed. Mr Farage told Breitbart London: “If he was brave, yes [, I could support him]. Well of course!

“If we get brave Boris, Churchillian Boris, great. I could be his best friend or his worst enemy — it’s up to him.”

Indeed, Nigel, there are always many Borises about, and you never know which one you are going to get.

200. I see the grub who role plays being an SS guard is suffering from premature ejaculation again. I now know why he doesn’t know the difference between a vagina and a vulva…it was always all over before he could ever discover what a vagina and a vulva is.

It’s fun pointing out facts.

201. None

Leigh, I thought you liked self-raising flour. 😲

Fuck, I would not want to be FitzSimons cat this morning.

203. dover_beach

Terrible parents. Parents that completely misunderstand their relationship to their children. The other thing here that is instructive is her claim that no one should be allowed to openly disapprove of homosexuality lest it causes anxiety, shame, or guilt in others. If this is the standard how can anyone actually engage in moral discussion publicly? But, of course, it isn’t the standard that she is obliged to conform to else her article could not have been published.

Fuck, I would not want to be FitzSimons cat this morning.

Malcolm Turnbull will deal with the cat.

Here’s what you gotta do
    Pick up the phone
    I’m always home
    Call me any time
    Just ring
    36 24 360

205. None

C.L.

#3052650, posted on June 25, 2019 at 10:02 am

Obly parents who lie C.L. I’m calling b******* on the entire article. Do you think such a moron from the Sodomy Moaning Herald would even have raised a child that knows what hell is or even cares? I’ve lost count of the number of young people I’ve come across over the years karma young people ranging from Teens to their twenties and even into early thirties who have never even thought about god or had been exposed to any notion of god or religion or had given any such matters any consideration. I also don’t know any child aged 9 who understands what being gay means even if they might parrot it around after hearing it from adults . I’m calling b*******.

206. rickw

3:30 am $20k
    6:00 am $24k
    7:00 am $70k
    8:00 am $167k
    9:00 am $286k
    10:00 am $413k

Keep the hourly updates going LL!

Why, then, do so many homosexuals evidently lack psychological resilience when homosexuality has been decriminalised, normalised and is now, indeed, celebrated?

Perhaps because the cause of the anxiety, shame and guilt lies within them and is suppressed?

208. rickw

The crossover between homosexuals and extremely self destructive behaviour is almost 100%.

It’s almost as if something has been written on their hearts.

209. thefrollickingmole

Numberwang loves junk research.

Numberwang is doing his PHD so he can join the ranks of “intellectual but idiots”.

Numberwang belives this might fill the raging hole of inadequicy he feels every day.
    It wont.
    Dont be like Numberwang.
    Just dont.

With psychology papers replicating less than 40%
    Junk person relies on junk science..

The IYI pathologizes others for doing things he doesn’t understand without ever realizing it is his understanding that may be limited. He thinks people should act according to their best interests and he knows their interests, particularly if they are “red necks” or English non-crisp-vowel class who voted for Brexit. When plebeians do something that makes sense to them, but not to him, the IYI uses the term “uneducated”. What we generally call participation in the political process, he calls by two distinct designations: “democracy” when it fits the IYI, and “populism” when the plebeians dare voting in a way that contradicts his preferences.

Paging Dr Numberwang to mirror one, paging Dr Numberwang…

210. Infidel Tiger

Yoram Hazony
    @yhazony
    Jun 23
    This says that since the Germans legalized prostitution in 2002, the industry has grown to maybe 400,000 women (mostly foreign) receiving 1 million men a day. Severe shortages of women have caused pimps and traffickers to increase supply through violence.

Slippery slopes don’t exist.

211. None

Yes I wish there was a sort of neutral site where people can donate. I imagine ACL is being swamped at the moment but I also messaged them through their website saying please don’t spam all the people who donate because a lot of them are Christians and are not interested in anything other than just making a stand.

212. notafan

you can opt out of getting messages from acl

213. Infidel Tiger

CNBC
    @CNBC
    Fresh beef helps McDonald’s gain market share for the first time in 5 years

Terrific news.

McDonald’s is the only corporation I respect.

214. None

Indeed legalised prostitution is the best cover up for sex trafficking. The scandinavians went another way and didn’t just prohibit prostitutes they also went after the Punters. Meaning Albo might have had to answer some questions. Given prostitution has now been legalised in most States here I’m waiting for the day where they will force schoolgirls to do work experience in brothels.

215. notafan

Where oh where oh where is Monty?

216. thefrollickingmole

The swarthy footy player just copped a bung from me on the donations page.
    Not fond of the setup, leaving name address etc as m sure there will be a intense effort to “out” those donating by the usual suspects.

The Waffen SSM never sleeps, neither does the Gaystapo.

If you go to the Edwards piece, she links to “research” on ALPHABET mental health, suicide attempts etc. She claims those worse-than-heterosexual statistics are “a direct result of the stigma, prejudice, discrimination and abuse [homosexuals] experience.” This is not demonstrated in any of those statistics. I should say alleged statistics because the bibliography at the bottom of the page is made up almost exclusively of lightweight, advocate-authored tracts. It may very well be trying to be homosexual in a heterosexual world. That isn’t hard to believe and I sympathise with sufferers (and would always insist they be protected and not bullied). But this is not evidence of fault, let aone fault ascribable to Christians.

218. dover_beach

Britain says no to forced abortions — for now: An appellate court in London on Monday pulled England’s justice system back from the brink of Chinese- and North Korean-style barbarism — but only at the 11th hour. The Court of Appeals held that doctors can’t forcibly perform an abortion on a pregnant woman with intellectual disabilities.

Good news.

I read about that yesterday.
    The judge (a woman) accepted the pregnant woman might want the child (she very much does, apparently) but argued she probably also wants a nice doll to play with. She also rejected the family’s heartfelt undertakings to care for both mother and child.
    Just another of the contemporary Western world’s cold, monstrous female officials.
    We need fewer of these women in public life at every level. They are toxic sociopaths.

It’s almost as if something has been written on their hearts.

Or, rather, that the writing on their hearts – Romans 2:14-15 – is being effaced by the culture of normalisation.

Having said that, we must confess that Christians in the past too often failed to present the Gospel to homosexuals, merely judging them by the Law, which no doubt only increased their sense of isolation and led to the false sense of community they seek to create today.

221. notafan

Good news DB

I was hoping shining the light on that monstrous decision would see it overturned. The ‘judge’ seems to had had nothing to say about the family’s Catholic faith

and many girls aged six to nine have been wonderful big sisters and fully understand the difference between a baby and a doll

mine included

222. Dr Faustus

So:

– A family of gay uncles;
    – Open about homosexuality;
    – Couldn’t care less about the child’s sexual preferences;
    – Don’t believe in hell.

Perhaps cynical, but is it just remotely possible this piece is more about Mz Edwards’ coolness credentials than the daughters’ unlikely angst about an eternity of unbelieved Hellfire?

Marching children across the cultural minefields.

223. Jo:
    5mg Norspan patches. They contain Buprenorphine. It’s an opioid, only available via prescription.
    Like any other opioid they’re addictive – if misused.
    It appears you have a good reason to be using, however I think our main grief is about docs who have never experienced pain in a debilitating way that could be dealt with by regular Panadeine or Panadiene Forte.
    A lot of the immobility problems that occur in mature people could have been dealt with by allowing minor doses of codeine which would have allowed full movement and activity before the pain levels started restricting movement of joints, leading to ‘freezing’ of those said joints.
    The MO’s of today are treating us as unreconstructed addicts who must be kept away from opioids at any cost. They are going to save us from addiction even if it means crippling us.
    Good luck with the reconstruction, and give the physiotherapists hell.

The judge was Nathalie Lieven.
    LifeSiteNews checked her out and guess what …
    UK judge who ordered forced abortion was activist lawyer for abortion industry.
    And when they say activist

The English judge who ruled that doctors should be allowed to perform an abortion on a disabled woman against her will was a pro-abortion activist lawyer.

In a searing editorial for First Things entitled “Murder Disguised as Care,” Nigerian pro-life advocate Obianuju “Uju” Ekeocha revealed that Madame Justice Nathalie Lieven, 55, has a long history of supporting Britain’s abortion industry.

“Nathalie Lieven was appointed a High Court judge in December 2018, and her appointment took effect on January 11, 2019,” Ekeocha wrote.

“Most reports have failed to highlight that in the last fifteen years Lieven has had a prominent place in the British pro-abortion movement. She has been in the forefront of some of the landmark abortion-related cases in the country.”

In 2005, Lieven argued in court for an International Planned Parenthood affilitate, the Family Planning Association, that parents, in the words of a Guardian report, “are no longer necessarily the best people to advise a child on contraception, sexually transmitted infections and abortions – and they have no right to know if their children under 16 are seeking treatment.”

Then in 2011, Lieven represented Britain’s largest abortion business, the British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS), to argue that pregnant women should be allowed to take the second dose of the two-step chemical abortion at home without medical supervision.

Lieven also fought to have Northern Ireland’s stricter abortion law overturned.

In other words, she is a total lunatic.

225. Infidel Tiger

Pro-choice my arse.

They just want to murder.

Do read Ekeocha’s First Things editorial.
    More there on this fanatical judge’s shocking obsession with abortion.

227. notafan

They do not

however if they flaunt it (or their heterosexual de facto status) they are out, teachers not students, a bit more tolerant there

228. $532,282.00 raised.
    Suffer in yer jocks, GFY.

229. EvilElvis

That always gets me to. Why aren’t they more resilient and have the courage of their convictions like, well, like Christians?

230. Dr Faustus

So, with nearly $550k in donations + ACF’s $100k tip, Folau is presently in roughly the same position as he was yesterday morning. Around $650k is sufficient bikkies to purchase a top shelf legal team to take the dispute with RA through:

FWA + mediation;
    FWA Full Bench (if accepted);
    Federal Court judicial review;
    High Court preliminaries and application.

Also sufficient change to deter defamation from talking heads and Champion Rugby Immortals whose own brilliant playing careers have slipped from memory, but nevertheless will not die.

One particular joy is that Qantas is strapped in for the ride over the next couple of years.

231. Notafan:

Anyone who buys into new housing, any sort of high destinity, even townhouses, especially if the workers are short term visas holders should be very buyer bewaring

I’ve got a couple of rellies/friends in Brisbane, one who does labouring, the other a sparky, who just cannot get full time work. When they get a short term contract they are basically cleaning up after imported wukkas or signing off on work they haven’t really seen.
    Some of the stories of dodgy concrete/reo too small for the job/materiel from OS that doesn’t meet the standard, even though it has the certification.
    I was hoping to move a little closer to Brisbane in the next year, but stuffed if I’ll be buying a new place.

232. Feelthebern:

I view that as a clumsy threat to dox Cats.

It’s not the first time he’s made a similar threat. When the shooting at the Mosque took place he mentioned that there were 2 – 3 Brevik types on the Cat.
    I challenged him to name them but he shut up.
    I think he’s looking for an excuse to dob the place in and get some revenge for our refusal to go along with his V*****m tale of woe.

233. I read the poster that Izzy put up, and have worked out how the government can confiscate all his loot.

Those that are living in Sin will end up in Hell unless you repent. Jesus Christ loves you and is giving you time to turn away from your sin and come to him.

Fortune Telling without a Licence.
    He’s gooorrnne!