Open Forum: June 22, 2019

3,006 Responses to Open Forum: June 22, 2019

1 4 5 6 7 8 13
  1. candy

It would be ethical and admirable, and true Christian.
    Money changes people and he might keep it. A lot would.

2. Ellie:

Winston, it wasn’t his fingertips I observed. Did you watch the whole clip?

No, I found the fingers to be so distracting, I couldn’t focus on what he was saying – mind you, because I have no interest in organised sports, the names meant nothing to me.

There really is a quiet anger out there in the burbs.
    The Normals are fighting back.

And why is that?
    I think it relates to the SJW bullshit being front and centre at every sport every fucking week.
    I don’t reckon I have spoken to one AFL fan who tells me they can’t wait for Pride/MultiCulti/Whatever round next week.
    And they get it Monday to Friday at work as well. Barely a week goes by without a morning tea or somesuch to put this week’s minority up on a pedestal.

Lest we think the mindset of alarmists is new:

A fascinating and appalling story of faith from South Africa may prove instructive. In 1856 a young Xhosa woman Nongqawuse experienced a vision of ancestral spirits, who told her that the Xhosa people must destroy their crops and kill their cattle, the source of their wealth as well as food. In return the spirits would then expel the newly arrived British, the dead would arise, new, better cattle would be supplied and bounty of all kinds would be showered upon the faithful Xhosa. With the help of her spiritualist uncle, the pair somehow convinced the Xhosa leadership of the prophecy – and the Xhosa then set to and killed between 300,000 and 400,000 of their cattle. A small minority (always contrarians!) held out, refusing to slaughter their cattle and still planting their crops; when the prophecies failed to materialise over some 15 months, these so-called ‘stingy ones’, the climate sceptics of their day, were blamed and suffered a backlash. The two prophets then established a deadline. It came and went. In 1857 massive famine resulted, and an estimated 75,000 Xhosas perished – the bulk of the population.
    This tragedy demonstrates much about human nature and the reaction of the faithful to challenges to their beliefs – never underestimate the ability of believers to double down when challenges arise.

The modern Nongqawuse is perhaps greta Thunberg?

5. Steve trickler

If only we could do…..he still fucked it up!

6. If people really want this to hit home: start a campaign against flying Qantas and make it about this case.

I agree with your sentiment Mitch, but not your suggested solution.
    All that would do is dissipate the available energy and support.
    This can only be fought in one of two ways – either stick with the case in hand (Folau), or expand it out to a tidal wave of resentment generally of the status quo.

Personally I favour the latter approach, but this is hardly the place to go looking for support to get started and promote the concept.

7. None

Why is it so hard to profess your faith publicly?

Says the man who’s too scared to profess Faith privately. Izzy I’ve told you and you’ve made it quite clear for a number of years now that you know everything about me, what I think, what I believe, who my heroes are etc etc. Perhaps you just need to ask yourself.

Go make your peace with your god. This is not an economics blog, not a therapy group for collapsed Catholics. You know that bit about the prodigal? Don’t wait until you’re in the sow pen before you swallow your pride. It gets really stinky otherwise. Shoo now.

For those who question whether Folau might trouser the cash, there is this from his GoFundMe page:-

The money I am asking for is solely to fund the rest of my action in court.

Pretty explicit, and given that he thinks liars go to hell, I doubt he is going back on that.
    And the condition which attaches to the contribution:-

In making this contribution I acknowledge that my contributions are made freely as a gift on the basis previously affirmed and that there will be no obligations on Israel Folau to do anything for me in recognition of the gift or to apply the funds in any particular way with respect to his legal action, and that I hold no expectation to receive anything in return for my contribution.

I am almost certain that is to stop a group of Gaystapo making small donations, then trying to stymie his court action by declaring “We didn’t intend the donated money to be used for that.”

9. Ellie

Watch it again … right till the end

Uh-oh.
    Izzy’s fund is sitting on … wait for it … $666k.

11. Mitch M.

I think that resentment is already bubbling up to the surface. There might be more energy there than we both know.

12. Ellie

It meant nothing to me too, Winston.

13. Stimpson J. Cat

I’m not Izzy.
    Are you retarded?
    Serious question, do you need help?

14. None

Indeed Leigh. It certainly seems that Izzy has strategized this and run this past lawyers (perhaps even Gofundme itself). He’s no intellectual heavyweight but he’s playing this smart. Even closing off comments and removing anything potentially libellous.
    Good on him

15. Muddy

Steve trickler
    #3050388, posted on June 23, 2019 at 4:33 pm

Noice.
    (But I’m still blaming you for my YouTube addiction).

16. None

My phone doesn’t like typing your name, Stimpy. You know that was meant for you. Until you make your peace with your god and return to your church, don’t bother talking to me. And when you do, I promise never to hassle you again. Of you go. Your father awaits. Shoo.

Steve trickler

#3050388, posted on June 23, 2019 at 4:33 pm

If only we could do…..he still fucked it up!

Very amusing; a variation of the time travel is death – which is a philosophical conceit rather than a quantum reality – is in the movie The Prestige.

18. There might be more energy there than we both know.

I’m well aware of the energy, Mitch, having tapped into it in a big way, once, long ago.

But I also know that the bad guys have already seen the error of their ways, and will now revert to their tried and true “Plan B”, which, if unchallenged or highlighted, will succeed. As it usually does.

The only course of action now is to moblise and channel public support, before it dissipates and/or is sidetracked/distracted again. I have an idea on how to go about that, but the Cat is not the place to try and discuss it.

It was not for nothing that my late wife Marilyn labelled this place “The glass is half empty society”.

It is fascinating … but not directly relevant to the modern religion of climate catastrophism. Nongqawuse was sincere in her belief and willing to commit herself to the cause, while jet-setting climatologists think that a Carbon tax is for other people to worry about.

Here’s a simpler story that fits the facts.

Old fashioned Socialism: Our centrally planned society will be so efficient that it will produce much more than those chaotic and disorganized Capitalists, we will produce all the material wealth you desire, and we will live in untold abundance … if only you give me power to rule over you.

Green Nude Eel Socialism: Our centrally planned society will produce much less than evil Capitalism, where people are obsessed with material wealth, and you will experience a wonderful sense of community, in tune with the Earth and with Nature … if only you give me power to rule over you.

Giving special rights to pooves, mueslis and wymmynses — enforced by the Human Rights Commission and every state and federal bureaucracy — isn’t a zero sum game. It means that the common law rights of everyone else established 800 years ago by the Magna Carta have to be emasculated. Equal treatment under the law — the entire foundation of our civilisation — no longer applies.

And so here we are arguing that freedom of speech and religion no longer applies because it conflicts with the rights of pouves, mueslis and wymmynses.

So you must choose: equality before the law or our new system of designated untouchables. You can’t have both.

The normies know the system stinks and now they’re revolting. I’m with the normies.

One for the legal eagles.
    I stand to be corrected but here goes.
    Quite apart from the damages for lost personal sponsorships, Izzy’s first port of call is Fair Work Australia.
    FWA can award compensation for wrongful dismissal or order re-instatement.
    Now, normally in the case of an almighty shit-fight like this, if the employee wins, the employer tries to say the relationship is irrevocably broken, and just pay compo and avoid re-instatement.

That is great in a regular job with multiple potential employers, but what if Izzy says he really wants to play rugger and RA and Rugby NSW are his only potential employers, and insists on re-instatement?
    That pretty much sees the Vicar, the Boards of RA and Rugby NSW and several woke Wallabies would have to honour their commitment to quit.
    Or was that just an empty threat to pressure Izzy, thinking he was never coming back?

Sure, but I see parallels; another common, even source, of the alarmism belief and ideology is the Eden Myth.

23. Stimpson J. Cat

Absolute Moral Cowardice.

Yes, just like the threats of the empty headed celebs who were leaving if Trump won. It certainly isn’t legally enforceable but if QANTAS and ARU have any vestige of sense left there would be a blood-letting of the principle players.

25. Steve trickler

Muddy
    #3050399, posted on June 23, 2019 at 4:48 pm

Have you met, Kolya?

Israel Folau Legal Action Fund
    $676,135 of $3.0M goal
    Raised by 8,872 people in 4 days

27. One Vegan doesn’t make a Salad

Steve Trickler One minute time machine

Thumbs up. Off to Bunnings now.

28. Notafan

Cassie

It is at least several hundred metres to the ghetto, from the Vatican, which is also on the other side of the river.

You are right that there were some anti s laws under Mussolini,,

The pope would have heard nothing that morning though, and many escaped the roundup. I have visited the Shoah museum in the old ghetto area in Rome as well as reading the stories of the few returnees in another exhibition.at the old victor Emmanuel palace

Those rounded up were held across the river, in a military establishment, before being shipped out, all a horror.

Pope Pius did speak out earlier in the war and the Germans retaliated by immediately deporting all Catholics of J ish heritage in the Netherlands to Auschwitz.

My recollection is that that was the reason he adopted a behind the scenes approach, to save lives.

Expecting Pope Pius to wield influence over Nazis who had both persecuted the church and been extremely secretive about their actions in relation to the J ews is a little unreasonable. He had no army and was more or less a prisoner of the Germans once Italy surrendered. The Germans certainly contemplated assassinating him.

Plus it took years for people to realise what the Germans were doing.

People became very concerned where families being ‘relocated’ letter’s were being returned and other bits and pieces began leaking out.

It is hard to believe the unthinkable.

I think he would have been in a good position to know what was and wasn’t done.

29. None

Absolute Moral Cowardice.

Says the man who embodies the term.

30. max

I haven’t been to a game of any kind in a while but I keep hearing callers on sports networks and commentators saying crowd behaviour has deteriorated to a point where families can’t feel safe. Ice ??

31. Stimpson J. Cat

Says the man who embodies the term.

It’s very hard for you to publicly declare your faith, because then you can’t wriggle and evade when challenged like you always do.
    Coward.

32. Stimpy, None,

I loves ya both, but please, give it away now, or go get a room.
    It’s getting very boring.

33. People calling other people yella.
    Fightin’ words!

Show some guts and agree to pistols at dawn.

34. JB of Sydney/Shanghai

From Channel 9 World of Sports, the following…

Israel Folau’s decision to ask for money via a Go Fund Me page is the moment that he truly lost the support of most Australians, former Wallaby Peter FitzSimons says.

Not in touch with a great many people who live outside the Lower North Shore bubble, is Peter the Pirate.

35. Cassie of Sydney

“Don’t forget the chief rabbi of Rome converted to Catholicism after the war influenced by the work of pope Pius to protect the J of Rome.”

I know the story of the Chief Rabbi of Rome….when I am reminded of his conversation I feel sick.

36. Stimpson J. Cat

I loves ya both, but please, give it away now, or go get a room.
    It’s getting very boring.

I’m sick of bintbatboilers roaming and ranting vile calumny on this thread unchallenged.
    This used to be Catallaxy.
    Make Catallaxy Great Again!

37. hzhousewife

I met a bloke this morning who sold up a local farm ten years ago, the three sons are all city based but decided to come back here to play Aussie Rules footy this winter.

This has kept the local team going. Not only that, the family that moved away have brought back extended relatives to watch the games, and love being reconnected with old neighbours, and they are getting a whole “thing” going in the community (it isn’t a town even, just a country community).

Love stories like this.

38. pete m

Leigh, damages is still an adequate remedy.

39. Cassie of Sydney

I just watched Sophie York on Outsiders…which I recorded this morning…the fact that she was number one on the AC senate pick is embarrassing. Sophie is a nice girl but I can’t take her seriously.

40. None

This used to be Catallaxy.
    Make Catallaxy Great Again!

have you appointed yourself public police now Stumpy er Stimpy?

41. Lizzie:

It meant nothing to me too, Winston.

A bloke chucking a browneye.
    OK. If that was the punch line, I’m still bemused.
    It will just have to go down as one of those odd things about life that I find puzzling.

42. Mother Lode

Has, Pirate Pete Fitzsimian, ever been,, right a, bout any, thing,?

43. Stimpson J. Cat

Show some guts and agree to pistols at dawn.

Greco Roman wrestling, barechested, in Denim Shorts.

44. None

Cassie of Sydney

#3050430, posted on June 23, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Gravitas is not her middle name.

45. I predict Simon FitsPeter will be quoted many many times.

46. Stimpson J. Cat

have you appointed yourself public police now Stumpy er Stimpy?

Silence, unsavoury frightbat of low moral character!
    Retire to your fetid chamber of frump!

JC

#3050343, posted on June 23, 2019 at 3:45 pm

You may not care, but I do. If he wins the case he should return the donations. That would be the ethical thing to do.

I think he will do something to distribute any excess.
    A charity, maybe to provide rugger scholarships for Islanders might be nice.

48. Does anybody here actually watch league rugby union on TV?
    If so, who are the principal advertisers during the matches?

49. None

Greco Roman wrestling, barechested, in Denim Shorts.

You’re wrestling Elle?

50. Keep it gentlemanly Stimp.
    Pistols or sabres.

51. Muddy

Steve trickler
    #3050410, posted on June 23, 2019 at 4:59 pm

Interesting, very interesting. I ask only half facetiously: “How long until similar poverty spreads here like?” It does make you think about human dignity.

52. mh

I loves ya both, but please, give it away now, or go get a room.
    It’s getting very boring.

State of Origin night everyone. Time for everyone to have fun.

Israel Folau Origin stats
    Queensland: (2008-10): Games 5. Tries 5

53. Stimpson J. Cat

Keep it gentlemanly Stimp.
    Pistols or sabres.

It won’t be between gentlemen.
    I’ll be fighting Nones wifes boyfriend.

54. Tom:

Yep. We’re the untouchables, Tom.
    I wonder what our New Radiant Future will look like?
    Probably much like the Old Radiant Future.

55. Bar Beach Swimmer

I’m thinking of Trump. Who, before he began his campaign for the WH, would have considered a property developer from N.Y. to be the best of the worst let alone the best of the best? During Trump’s many rallies the Rolling Stones’ song, You Can’t Always Get What You Want, was played. The Never-Trumpers can’t get past Trump, despite all that he’s achieved.

Who, as well, would have thought that Issy might be our man? Issy’s personal beliefs probably do not align with mine in a number of ways, but he needs to win for us as well as for himself. We can’t afford not to support Issy; to be Never Issies, whether because of his religion, or because he may get a large payout that was built on the many donations of mostly average people. He’s a bit like the biblical idea of the least among us, or the last being first – the David up against the Goliath.

max

#3050416, posted on June 23, 2019 at 5:04 pm

It is the tame sports meeja with the various code CEO’s with their hand up their arse.
    They want to shut down any dissenting noise from the Deplorables.

57. Muddy

Hmmm, there was an extra word in there. Nevermind.

58. None

Well they are called the Qantas Wallabies.

59. Some History

Pete the Poyret, moral guardian [giggle] of our time.

60. Cassie of Sydney

I find it very upsetting to talk or write about the Shoah but I think that the visit to the Rome’s synagogue by Pope Benedict in 2010 is so healing and so beautiful….it comforts me. Pope Benedict is a beautiful, spiritual and truly Christian man…pity he is no longer Pope.

61. Cassie of Sydney

“Some History
    #3050451, posted on June 23, 2019 at 5:35 pm
    The narrative on CH 10 is that Folau’s GoFundMe campaign is “immoral” and should be cancelled.”

Wonder if they were equally outraged at Eggboy’s GoFundMe campaign…..oh wait…of course not.

62. Robert Mc

Origin II Rugby League tonight. QLD Maroons v NSW Blues. Live coverage from Perth on Channel Nein from 7.00pm AEST. Kick-off at 8.00pm AEST (6.00pm Perth time).

The best of the best. Better than any other football code.

Go the Maroons.

63. max

That JVL entry on Pius XII is terrible

Why no mention of “Mit Brennender Sorge” (With Deep Anxiety).

Some History
    #3050451, posted on June 23, 2019 at 5:35 pm

Gold!
    Every time they open their yaps, the donations roll in.

65. Roberto

memoryvault
    #3050439, posted on June 23, 2019 at 5:25 pm
    Does anybody here actually watch league rugby union on TV?
    If so, who are the principal advertisers during the matches?

I’ve seen the occasional Shute Shield match (Sydney first grade competition) on TV when I visit my mother, who sometimes watches it. I can’t recall anything about the advertisers. I’d expect it’s pretty low rating viewing.

I haven’t watched a Wallabies match on TV for ages. They’re pretty hopeless as a team. No point in watching losers.

66. Some History

As some refer to him here (with slight modification), the Toxic Leperchaun spent the weekend with Pete.

67. Notafan

The first Christians were all J converts.

Why would a conversion make one feel sick?

The point I was making was he had first hand experience with Pope Pius and his efforts to protect the J ews of Rome.

68. dover_beach

Why no mention of “Mit Brennender Sorge” (With Deep Anxiety).

Indeed, indeed. It has Pacelli written all over it.

69. None

Nota – it was the archives of Pius XI that were opened in 2006 not Pius XII. Pius XI was more overtly anti-nazi then Pius XII that it was Pius XII before he became pope who negotiated the Concordat.
    I’m pretty sure that the book that you referred to earlier used material from other state and church archives but not the Vatican archives.

70. dover_beach

71. Notafan

It was Vatican archives. None. And there were letters and documents from the war period.

It was very dry reading.

The archives have not being open to the general public, this was written by two priests iirc and published in Italian with a condensed one volume English language edition.

72. Roberto
    #3050459, posted on June 23, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Thanks Roberto.
    That sthen leaves the question open – where does the money come from then?
    I very much doubt Rugby Australia can afford to pay players a million plus a year just from the gate takings. Any ideas?
    Anybody?

73. Nick

The first Christians were all J converts.

Jesus himself was dhuish. I don’t think Christians are particularly bothered at all by that thought.

74. Cassie of Sydney

“Quite, the conversion is a testament to Pius XII’s unfaltering efforts to save souls.”

So you believe that Jooooish souls need “saving”?

75. None

Is with deep anxiety the encyclical that Pius XI (=not Pacelli) wrote that wasn’t signed and that was kept from him on his deathbed?

IIRC Pius XII (Pacelli) did make a radio broadcast during war where he implied that an unnsmed group of people were being unjustly persecuted or something along those lines abd should be protected. And I think it was Goebbels who actually did interpreted it as referring to the Jews.

The archival material will be available from March next year. It should shed some light on some things but I suspect that there will be others where no answers will be possible.

76. a reader

MV,
    when I last bothered to watch Rugby (pre-saga) it was Quaint Arse, Bavarian Money Water or Jagwaaaaah/Land Rover (it changed at some point), Dove men-care and some financial mob I’d never heard of.

I think UNSW chucks some money into the Tahs

77. dover_beach

None, again, no:

Between 2003 and 2006, the Vatican opened its archives from the pontificate of Pope Pius XI (1922-1939). This made available millions of pages about Eugenio Pacelli, who served as papal nuncio in Germany from 1917 until 1929 and as Papal Secretary of State from 1930 until he became Pope Pius XII in 1939.

This can’t be made any clearer.

78. None

Oh ok Nota. I thought you were referring to the book by the American Rabbi, sorry.

79. None

IIRC Pius XII (Pacelli) did make a radio broadcast during war where he implied that an unnsmed group of people were being unjustly persecuted or something along those lines abd should be protected. And I think it was Goebbels who actually did interpreted it as referring to the Je s.

80. dover_beach

So you believe that Jooooish souls need “saving”?

Yes, they are like the rest of us, but I wasn’t using it in that sense, but in the sense of lives, as in over 2000 souls on the Titanic.

81. None

No contradiction their Dover pachelli wasn’t Pope under Pius the 11th and there are a hell of a lot more documents which will be available from next year about his time as pope when he allegedly did nothing to save Jews

82. None

No contradiction their Dover pachelli wasn’t Pope under Pius the 11th and there are a hell of a lot more documents which will be available from next year about his time as pope when he allegedly did nothing to save ğjbbb

83. Vicki

Husband & I sent Izzy a contribution on the first day – but we are still wondering who the “tip” is for???

84. max

Pius XI was more overtly anti-nazi then Pius XII

No, None, this cannot be sustained. To issue the first encyclical in German, to deliver it in secret to German churches so that it could be read out all speak of a determined opposition to the Nazis.

Pius XI signed the definitive text of the encyclical on March 14, 1937. Printed copies were brought by diplomatic briefcase to the nuncio in Berlin. He passed these on to the bishop of Berlin, who had them distributed by secret couriers to all the German prelates.

Twelve printers reproduced the text under the noses of the Gestapo. Several bishops had copies printed in the hundreds of thousands. Afterward, again in total secrecy, the text was distributed to every parish priest, chaplain and convent, and the encyclical was read in every church on March 21, 1937, Palm Sunday.

“I was 14 years old and was at in the cathedral in Berlin when the text of the encyclical was read during the homily,” Father Gumpel told ZENIT. “The cathedral was packed and the general reaction was one of approval.”

The language was clear and explicit: Hitler was deceiving the Germans and the international community. The encyclical affirmed that the Nazi leader was perfidious, untrustworthy, dangerous and determined to take the place of God.

The Jesuit observed that “the reaction of Catholics was enthusiastic” while “Hitler was furious.” It was said that, in fact, Hitler was so beside himself that for three days he did not want to see or receive anyone.

A print shop employee informed the Gestapo about the encyclical on the Saturday evening prior to Palm Sunday, but it was already too late to stop anything. The Gestapo did not dare to enter the churches because this would have incited a revolt, Father Gumpel said.

Still, there were Gestapo guards in front of the churches on Sunday morning, checking to see if anyone had a copy in hand. Anyone found possessing a copy was arrested. The 12 print shops were taken without reimbursement and some people ended up in jail.

Jewish elation

The international community reacted enthusiastically. The Jewish communities were elated since that encyclical presented the strongest condemnation of racism. All the Jewish newspapers in the world showed their enthusiasm for what the Holy See had done

85. None

Vicky the tip is for gofundme

86. Stimpson J. Cat

Everyone says that.
    And in one sense it is true.
    However, if a M®slim walked into the Kaaba and started going apeshit wrecking shop, or a Catholic walked into the Vatican and started going apeshit wrecking shop, what exactly do you think would happen to them?
    Would they still be welcome in their religion?
    Would we still call them M®slims or Catholics?

87. Steve trickler

Muddy
    #3050442, posted on June 23, 2019 at 5:27 pm

He’s survived the soviets, war and a nuclear power plant explosion. Belarus copped it hard. Poverty…. Belarus style in Australia? Who knows? I doubt it though.

One thing this blokes videos have done is make the young respect the elderly again. You can read that from the commentary. Good stuff.

Babushka is now adored globally @ 11:55.

88. dover_beach

Again, no, let’s get our facts straight here:

Mit brennender Sorge (About this soundlisten (help·info)) German pronunciation: [mɪt ˈbʀɛnəndɐ ˈzɔʁɡə], “With burning concern”) On the Church and the German Reich is an encyclical of Pope Pius XI, issued during the Nazi era on 10 March 1937 (but bearing a date of Passion Sunday, 14 March).[1] Written in German, not the usual Latin, it was smuggled into Germany for fear of censorship and was read from the pulpits of all German Catholic churches on one of the Church’s busiest Sundays, Palm Sunday (21 March that year).[2][3]

and

In August 1936 The German episcopate had asked Pius XI for an encyclical that would deal with the current situation of the Church in Germany.[27] In November 1936 Hitler had a meeting with Cardinal Faulhaber during which he indicated that more pressure would be put on the Church unless it collaborated more zealously with the regime.[28] On 21 December 1936 the Pope invited, via Cardinal Pacelli, senior members of the German episcopate to Rome. On 16 January 1937 five German prelates and Cardinal Pacelli agreed unanimously that the time had now come for public action by the Holy See.[28] Pope Pius XI was gravely ill but he too was convinced of the need to publish an encyclical about the Church in Germany as soon as possible.[29]

and

A five-member commission drafted the encyclical. According to Paul O’Shea the carefully worded denunciation of aspects of Nazism was formulated between 16–21 January 1937, by Pius XI, Cardinal Secretary of State Eugenio Pacelli (later Pope Pius XII) and German cardinals Bertram, Faulhaber and Schulte, and Bishops Preysing and Galen.[30]

As said above, Pacelli’s fingerprints are all over this encyclical, and yet we still have calumnies spread about Pius XII.

89. Notafan

Nick

The question I had was what was sickening about J ews converting to Christianity.

It still happens today, know one myself.

90. None

I’m sure Dover & Co would be very sad every time they hear of a Catholic converting to the ROP even though their own church tells them that ROP worships the same god.

91. bespoke

Cassie of Sydney
    #3050470, posted on June 23, 2019 at 6:04 pm

So you believe that Jooooish souls need “saving”?

It’s about as big a deal to me as Izzy’s words.

92. None

I wasn’t giving facts Dover I was asking if that was that encyclical as I’m aware of one that wasn’t signed.

93. dover_beach

Not at all. Are you expecting to find that Pacelli acted differently in the relevant respects under discussion as Nuncio and Secretary of State then he did as Pope?

94. Cassie of Sydney

“dover_beach
    #3050476, posted on June 23, 2019 at 6:07 pm
    So you believe that Jooooish souls need “saving”?

No, my soul doesn’t need saving. Do you blame Jooooos for the death of Jesus?

95. max

This says Pius XI signed it:

J…h elation

The international community reacted enthusiastically. The J….h communities were elated since that encyclical presented the strongest condemnation of racism. All the J….h newspapers in the world showed their enthusiasm for what the Holy See had done

96. Notafan

Sad but not sick none.

If you consider, as many Catholics do, that Islam is a Christian heresy then the conclusion that Muslims imperfectly worship the same God is not unreasonable.

There is only one God.

I don’t know why you think there is something wrong with taking that view.

Rop conversion is something we pray for.

97. Notafan

Sad but not sick none

If you consider, as many Catholics do, that rop is a Christian heresy then the conclusion that they worship the same God is not unreasonable.

There is after all only one God.

I don’t know why you think there’s something wrong with that.
    We pray that rop convert to Christianity.

98. Notafan

I think you have misunderstood Dover Cassie.

I think he used the word souls in the sense we also use lives.

99. Nick

Cassie has her own beliefs and is entitled to them. I’m still getting over the statement that our Lord May have been fathered by, in her words ‘a Roman or Allah’.

I’d like to think that respect would go both ways rather than one. (That isn’t a dig at you at all Nota)

100. Tobias E

What was with her hands?

101. dover_beach

Of course, because their worship is seriously deficient.

102. Notafan

Please note Fr Blet’s comment that there would be nothing new to see when the archives are released to the general public.

103. None

Dover I said that the archives relating to Pius XIis papacy will be available from next year and that is true. The documents released in 2006 related to Pius the XI’s papacy. Now papers relating to a paper see do not concern just the pope but everything that went on during the time they were on the papal throne. That is how those archives work.
    Nota’s link of the French jesuits says this:
    A few days before his death he gave an interview to Avvenire, the Catholic Italian daily, where he announced that historians who would one day soon have access to Vatican Archives concerning the 1939-2005 period, would not find more than what was already published in the Acts. (DICI n°207-December 2009- Source: radiovatican/apic/imedia/jesuites).

That’s all well and good but as with all scholarship such claims are checked and tested by other scholars and in the case where supremacists like C.L. demand an Israeli Museum promote his Catholic interpretation of History it is up to the curators to examine the material and decide for themselves. C.L. and you would have conniptions if the Israelis demanded something be changed in the Vatican Museum just because they said it was wrong. Is probably why neither of you have a career in diplomacy or inter-faith relations.

We pray that rop convert to Christianity.

Don’t try that in Iran!!

105. dover_beach

I think you have misunderstood Dover Cassie.

I think he used the word souls in the sense we also use lives.

I did say that when questioned by Cassie but she seems uninterested in the clarification.

107. Notafan

As I said none the book I read was extracted from the relevant World war 2 archives, just because they haven’t been release to everybody doesn’t mean that church historians haven’t had access to them.

Clearly they have.

108. I see we have transitioned smoothly from the None – Stimpy mud hurling competition to the Catholic Hour without a hitch. What next? Rose pruning for the flora – challenged?

109. Cassie of Sydney

“Tel
    #3050505, posted on June 23, 2019 at 6:29 pm
    We pray that rop convert to Christianity.

Don’t try that in Iran!!”

Apparently, according to one or two experts posting here, Iran is nicer and more tolerant to Christians than Israel.

110. Stimpson J. Cat

Declare your own faith or shut the f$ck up you dishonest loudmouthed coward.

111. dover_beach

Not if it was wrong, not at all.

112. Some History

From Ch 10’s, The Project.

As Folau’s campaign nears $700,000, there is mounting pressure on the GoFundMe website to shut it down.

113. 7 News’s report on the Folau GoFundMe campaign was a vicious character assassination presented as “news”. Disgraceful.

Take heart, Tom.
    It’s a sure sign that the powers-that be haven’t transitioned to Plan B yet.
    That’s a good thing.

114. max

even though their own church tells them that ROP worships the same god.

This is disputed. The Trinity vse Allah, ‘God is One’, who is closer to the Old Testament than the New.

115. Muddy

We need these open threads to be animated, ala South Park.
    Who would be Timmy?

116. Farmer Gez

I wonder what would happen to a player whose team’s major sponsor was a ruinables company and they Posted, that ruinables were a rort and climate change was bullshit.
    You couldn’t employ a sportsperson who was killing the planet and all the kiddies in the future, could you?
    Extrapolation is fun. Sports teams management should play it.

117. Stimpson J. Cat

We need these open threads to be animated, ala South Park.
    Who would be Timmy?

I am Cartman.
    There is no debate on this.

118. bespoke

I am Cartman.
    There is no debate on this.

I think you have.

119. mh

Declare your own faith or shut the f$ck up you dishonest loudmouthed coward.

It appears None is winning.

120. Muddy

Stimpson, you’re the goat in the Bin Laden episode.

121. Cassie of Sydney

“Declare your own faith or shut the f$ck up you dishonest loudmouthed coward.”

Calm down.

122. Stimpson J. Cat

It appears None is winning.

If calling people Anti-Semites without proof is winning.
    If not having the courage to publicly declare your faith to the world is winning.
    Shall I go on?
    😂

123. None

If you consider, as many Catholics do, that rop is a Christian heresy…

True Nota, the first attestations of Islayim actually were from Christian authors ( who also recorded sura that have since been lost from the Qooooran) and if it is indeed true that the Christians of that time at first thought that muhammadism was a Christian Heresy e.g. John of Damascus – and it certainly has aspects of both heterodox Jewish and heterdox Christian thought among other things. But the idea of what is a heresy has changed over time several times in fact and I would not even begin to call Islayim heresy under today’s understanding of the term.

The Catholic statements on this question if I understand them correctly seem to centre around the idea of the mohammedans worshipping a creator but then again so do numpty other religions and I suspect from the little theology that I have read this idea of one creator God many manifestations reeks of the very unsuccessful old ancient Roman style of religious pluralism ( basically a form of cultural imperialism).
    I have said before that I think that the Christian’s distinctive beliefs are Trinity and Incarnation and there is no way that the unitary god of sheer will of the mohammedans could even accommodate that notion and is actually considered shirk which is punishable by death in some Islooomic jurisdictions. However Trinity and incarnation are not incompatible with the profound Joooish shema that G-d is one even without the very true historical fact that Jesus and Paul and Peter and all the foundational figures of Christianity were Joos. I personally have no qualms if people want to say Christians and Joos worship the same god because the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob was certainly the God of Jesus. But even as the 7th and 8th century Christian’s will attest he certainly wasn’t the god of the first Muhammadan’s.

124. old bloke

memoryvault
    #3050402, posted on June 23, 2019 at 4:53 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss MV.

125. None

If you consider, as many Catholics do, that rop is a Christian heresy…

True Nota, the first attestations of Islayaim actually were from Christian authors ( who also recorded sooora that have since been lost from the Qoooorayn) and if it is indeed true that the Christians of that time at first thought that muhammadism was a Christian Heresy e.g. John of Damascus – and it certainly has aspects of both heterodox Joosh and heterdox Christian thought among other things. But the idea of what is a heresy has changed over time several times in fact and I would not even begin to call Islayim heresy under today’s understanding of the term.

I have said before that I think that the Christian’s distinctive beliefs are Trinity and Incarnation and there is no way that the unitary god of sheer will of the mohammedans could even accommodate that notion and is actually considered shirk which is punishable by death in some Islooomic jurisdictions. However Trinity and incarnation are not incompatible with the profound Joooish shema that G-d is one even without the very true historical fact that Jesus and Paul and Peter and all the foundational figures of Christianity were Joos. I personally have no qualms if people want to say Christians and Joos worship the same god because the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob was certainly the God of Jesus imho. But even as the 7th and 8th century Christians will attest he certainly wasn’t the god of the first Muhammadans.

126. max

127. None

If you consider, as many Catholics do, that rop is a Christian heresy…

Nota, the first attestations of Islayim actually were from Christian authors ( who also recorded sura that have since been lost from the Qooooran) and if it is indeed true that the Christians of that time at first thought that muhameeeadism was a Christian Heresy e.g. John of Damascus – and it certainly has aspects of both heterodox Joooish and heterdox Christian thought among other things. But the idea of what is a heresy has changed over time several times in fact and I would not even begin to call Islayim heresy under today’s understanding of the term. I think that has led to some really profound misunderstandings among many Christians and others.

The Catholic statements on this question if I understand them correctly seem to centre around the idea of the mohammeeedans worshipping a creator but then again so do numpty other religions and I suspect from the little theology that I have read this idea of one creator God many manifestations reeks of the very unsuccessful old ancient Roman style of religious pluralism ( basically a form of cultural imperialism).
    I have said before that I think that the Christian’s distinctive beliefs are Trinity and Incarnation and there is no way that the unitary god of sheer will of the mohameeedans could even accommodate that notion and is actually considered shirk which is punishable by death in some Islooomic jurisdictions. However Trinity and incarnation are not incompatible with the profound Joooish shema that G-d is one even without the very true historical fact that Jesus and Paul and Peter and all the foundational figures of Christianity were Jooos. I personally have no qualms if people want to say Christians and Joos worship the same god because the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob was certainly the God of Jesus. But even as the 7th and 8th century Christian’s will attest he certainly wasn’t the god of the first Muhameeeadan’s.

128. None

Did I not predict this yesterday or the day before? Bingo.
    And it is here that we can only hope that money talks to go fund me ( also remember that their biggest base is in the US which remains the most overtly religious Western nation in the world)

129. None

and it is indeed true that the Christians of that time at first thought that muhameeeadism was a heresy

Sorry but I had to make several attempts to get that post passed the Spanish ATAR (=spaminator)

130. Some History

The Project is going to comment on Folau in a few minutes.

Good.
    This tells me that Rugger PR and their meeja mates are shitting clinker house-bricks.
    The Vicar knows that they are screwed in so many ways.
    RA are up against someone who will have the thick end of $1 meg to throw at legals, so this isn’t going to go away in a hurry.
    Imagine telling junior and regional clubs and associations that funding is being cut because RA are throwing money at lawyers.
    Of course, the meeja will try to blame every shortfall and failing on Folau, but no-one except the inner circle will buy that.

132. Stimpson J. Cat

Spanish

Oh God.
    That explains everything.

133. feelthebern

People still watch “the news” ?
    How quaint.

134. Eyrie

“Sometimes, really most of the time, we don’t get to choose the time, it chooses us. Nor do we get to choose our champion(s), they just appear. And sometimes that champion is the least likely person, not the person that, given time, we would have chosen. ”
    Trump is our paladin, our champion knight, who appeared when the time was right when western civilisation was under threat. Somewhere under Kronborg castle, Holger Danske smiles in his long sleep.

135. Notafan

Isabel and Ferdinand certainly considered is lam a heresy, says so on their gravestone, and I have read something recent.

Will have a look

136. feelthebern

Paul Gallen was a tough tough footballer.
    His football brain is softer than most though.
    The Channel Nine coverage of Origin almost looks professional.

137. Thanks Old Bloke.
    It was back in February and I’m slowly getting functional again now.
    She succumbed to complications of a terminal illness.
    With three exceptions, who thought it was a great joke making fun of her illness, the Cat community was very supportive, for which I am eternally grateful. After 41 years together, it was a tough time.

138. Farmer Gez

Cartman Stimps. Nah!

Jerzy Balowski from the Young Ones comes to mind.

139. feelthebern

Randy Marsh is the best character on South Park.
    The greatest personification of a cliche in TV history.

140. None

Not if it was wrong, not at all.

and you would only accept that it was wrong if Vatican authorities or whoever it is that is trustworthy in these matters had the opportunity to examine the evidence for themselves. I have probably heard more calumnies and untruths about Catholics and popes and Catholicism from Catholics themselves. It is a bit rich for C.L. to stomp his imperious little foot about Israel’s national museum because they don’t operate to his timetable and to his specifications and then advise others that it would be prudent not to trust Joos and/or Israelis for that reason. Clean up your own house C.L. It is grubby to say the least.

141. dover_beach

The Project is, of course, claiming that Folau is stealing money from sick children (a hidden premise being that those donating to Folau’s campaign would have otherwise went to these sick children) and that GoFundMe is within its rights to close the campaign because it has in its small print a right to deny a platform for the legal defense of ‘hate crimes’.

The Project is in voluntary thrall to the urban bugman class.

142. Cassie of Sydney

“max
    #3050539, posted on June 23, 2019 at 6:50 pm
    Cassie, when Christians read texts like Isaiah they find confirmation of their beliefs about Christ as the Messiah. How do you read those prophetic books ? We see Our Lord as in the line of David, for example. You don’t ?”

Max……there is a belief amongst some Joooos…though not all…..that the Messiah will come. I do believe in the notion of messiah but I don’t obsess about it…in fact in Rabbinic Jooodaism we are forbidden to obsess about the coming of the Messiah because of the many “false” messiahs in Joooooish history…such as Shabbatai Zvi and Jacob Frank who brought calamnity on Jooooish communities throughout Europe. We don’t don’t believe Jesus of Nazareth was the Messiah…period. And also I am often confused with the Christian notion of “messiah”…in Hebrew it means “annointed one”…it doesn’t mean “saviour”. Here is a good explanation of our thinking of “messiah”….

What is the belief in Moshiach?
    One of the principles of Jooish faith enumerated by Maimonides is that one day there will arise a dynamic Joooish leader, a direct descendant of the Davidic dynasty, who will rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem, and gather Joooss from all over the world and bring them back to the Land of Israel.

All the nations of the world will recognize Moshiach to be a world leader, and will accept his dominion. In the messianic era there will be world peace, no more wars nor famine, and, in general, a high standard of living.

All mankind will worship one G‑d, and live a more spiritual and moral way of life. The Joooish nation will be preoccupied with learning Torah and fathoming its secrets.

The coming of Moshiach will complete G‑d’s purpose in creation: for man to make an abode for G‑d in the lower worlds—that is, to reveal the inherent spirituality in the material world.

Freedom of speech for me, not for thee.

144. Roberto

I’ve just had a look at the Gofundme numbers: $695,504 from 9,138 donors. That’s an average donation rate of around $76. When I last did the calculation yesterday, the average was closer to $30. So as new donors arrive, they’re upping the ante. More evidence that the media hysteria is making it even clearer to ordinary Australians what’s at stake here?

So how long until Gofundme yields to the baying mob and cancels Folau’s effort?

145. MatrixTransform

the project – folau shit as usual

146. None

Thanks mh. Ut seems Stimpy forgets that this is a libertarian blog where private property is respected and that includes ones own personal data. Never ceases to amaze me how many so-called libertarians fancy doxing.

147. Some History

The Project is taking the Poyret tack. Contributing to Folau is costing sick children. Why shouldn’t Folau pay his own legal costs. Working on the line that Folau is going to make off with the “loot”. Yada, yada.

The Project is in voluntary thrall to the urban bugman class.

It’s not at all in thrall to them; its their official commercial media current affairs outlet.

149. feelthebern

Hey-Zeus.
    The Project is verboten in my house.

150. None

Someone should text The Project and ask why they think Izzy will win. Idiots.

151. Stimpson J. Cat

None can we save the spiteful spice for Taco Tuesday please?

152. dover_beach

Do anyone else notice that shit-eating grin by the blond soy boy on the Project who asked again, Do you think homosexuals go to hell? even after he was given a clear answer and then quickly broke to a break.

These people are scum. Make no mistake.

153. bespoke

That’s a lie Peter. Why do you keep on doing this?

Just ticked over $700k.
    Squalid Wally has clearly stepped on the hose … not.

155. None

Nota I’m not saying that Isabel and Ferdinand didn’t either. The New Testament called Christianity a heresy. That would simply meant a set and it’s meaning has morphed overtime in Greek, Latin and English. The average person who he is the word “heresy” today in a Christian context probably thinks it means an abberrant version of Christianity. Not in my book. But then I’m not a Catholic so I don’t have to subscribe to any of this.

156. Stimpson J. Cat

Asking your faith is doxing?
    You ridiculous clown.
    No normal sane person would have any problem declaring such a thing.

We are in Australia, not some shithole.

Who were the advertisers during that segment?

Victoria to get fast train.
    But fast rail to be late.

Ben Dover just contributed $5.
    Tightarse.

Sorry, by “tightarse” I meant “frugal”, not, um, you know.

161. None

Who did the soyboy ask, Dover? Has anyone asked squalid? Actually in all truth a muesli cannot answer who goes to hell because it is totally arbitrary in their Theology. Even the most pious, observant muesli can end up in muesli hell if muesli god wills it. This is why this s*** eating Jin really scare them too. And why Radicals can use cafe killing as a Surefire entry 2 muesli Paradise.

162. Notafan

My point is it’s perfectly reasonable for a Faith to believe that another Faith believes in the same God, no matter how distorted and removed from the truth that faith is.

You want to believe less of Catholicism because of that, noone is stopping you.

Not infallible.

163. MatrixTransform

Israel Folau Legal Action Antifund
    All funds raised will be donated to charities supporting LGBT youth, and/or continuing t…
    Last donation 1d ago
    $30 raised of $1,000

Victoria putting train before the rail.

165. MatrixTransform

Kirra Jackson Gay Tattoo Fund (Israel Folau sucks)
    If millionaire Israel Folau can make $251,681 in 12 hours to pay for his bigotry, I’m sure …
    Last donation 1d ago
    $30 raised of $300

166. MatrixTransform

I’d like a new car because Israel Folau wants $3m
    Israel Folau has published a GoFundMe page asking for $3,000,000 in legal costs in his qu…
    Last donation 2d ago
    $20 raised of $100,000

167. MatrixTransform

Pay ARU legal costs V Israel Folau
    Save the ARU against the greedy Israel Folau, they need to win this case or it will set a pr…
    $0 raised of $300,000

168. Geriatric Mayfly

For those in colder climes who may be pestered by vampires, the winter solstice is the date on which your new crop of garlic should be planted out. To do so, under the waning gibbous moon will add potency to the harvest.

169. None

Nota Christians (and Joos) worship the god who is love while mueslis worship the god who is sheer will . In my view those two are mutually exclusive.

The IslayI’m of today is not the Islayimm of the 7th century even if it kind of stopped dead in its tracks somewhere around the 10th or whenever it was. That’s essentially what I’m saying.

170. MatrixTransform

My Personal favourite ….

Screw Israel Folau sponsor my VB’s
    To buy my beers and smokes
    $0 raised of $5,000

is this tool for real?

171. MatrixTransform

To do so, under the waning gibbous moon will add potency to the harvest.

already done … you NT and QLD types have no idea how important stuff like this is

172. Knuckle Dragger

To make up for the lost Scripture Hour, I am now eating spicy pork from my local Chineeee. Sorry John C.

Updates will be posted as required.

173. Notafan

Made it clear I think that is lam has got God almost completely wrong.

But there is still only one God and our mission should be conversion.

174. feelthebern

I can’t believe the crims didn’t take care of the Bulger killers.
    They must have been in super dooper dooper protective custody.

175. Nick

I’m not sure what I hate more about Ch 9’s Origin telecast, an hour of inane video buildup or Ray Warren’s commentary. I’ll settle for both.

176. None

Suffer in your jocks, Stimp. Don’t you have a wrestling match with Elle to go to?

177. Beachcomber

Recent donatio to of $5 to Israel Folau Legal Action Fund by:

Shame on you Liz Ellis Calling for the Sacking Maria for supporting her husband

This gets better and more interesting all the time.

178. feelthebern

The NFL pre match build up awesome.
    The NRL pre match build up, embarrassing.

179. Knuckle Dragger

Mmmmm.

Haram.

180. Nick

KD, ask for number 97. It can also mean testicles in Cantonese

waning gibbous moon

Ah, takes me back to the books of Robert E Howard as Conan strode around Cimmeria chasing wizards and Picts under a gibbous Moon. I don’t know if a gibbous Moon can wane, I think they only wax but I won’t quibble.

182. Speedbox

Steve trickler
    #3050410, posted on June 23, 2019 at 4:59 pm

Those were interesting. Thanks Steve.

Never met Kolya but a few ‘similar’. I know those people are Belorussian but some of the old Russians living out in the sticks are very similar albeit they haven’t had a nuclear power station shit itself in their backyard.

They have some fascinating stories about the old days.

The babushka in the 2nd video is soooo typical. “Sit down!”. “Quiet!” Jeez I laughed at that. But very kind and friendly.

183. Geriatric Mayfly

This should be quite diverting.

The most amusing story of the week is the President’s announcement that he plans to live tweet the Democratic Party debates. In anticipation of this, people are already announcing Trump tweet parties, and some are hoping a creative media outlet will do a split screen of the point/counterpoint. Newsweek, of course, wants the media to ignore this spectacle, knowing as they must how devastating this would be to the entire 20 Democratic candidate debate kick line.At The Federalist Margot Cleveland previews the likely thrust of the tweets and wisely offers this advice: Trump can promote his survival of the Deep State’s attempts to undo the election results as one of his greatest accomplishments — and something it is doubtful any other Republican could have achieved. With a crafty tweet along these lines, Trump can easily parlay the debate into further evidence of the Democrats’ desperation.
    American Thinker

184. feelthebern

In a just world, a civics exam would need to be passed before participating in a TV panel.

185. Time for the next episode of Designated Survivor.
    Play nice, folks.

Corporate mullahs – this time Coca-Cola’s – promoting lesbianism in the Origin ad breaks.

James Bulger killer Jon Venables wants a new life abroad – funded by taxpayers

Send him to New Zealand – I’m sure Jacinta will make him welcome.

188. Mitch M.

3D-printed organs: The future of healthcare and technology combined

Long time coming. An Aus Uni was doing good work on this over 30 years ago. Probably all gone overseas now.

189. None

Made it clear I think that is lam has got God almost completely wrong.

We almost agree there.

But there is still only one God and our mission should be conversion.

Conversion to what?

190. Knuckle Dragger

Fair point Nick.

I asked if the pork was ok. I should, in hindsight, have been more specific.

Such as, was the pork ok before it was buried alive with all its mates in Uighur country and then dug up the following week and shipped here in a barrel next to tonnes of mobile phone chargers, or was it feeling poorly with a bit of a sore throat?

Anning is maintaining the rage:

With the closure of Cory Bernardi’s Australian Conservatives, we are now the ONLY authentic conservative political party in Australia.

Our policies are based on what built this great country – Christian values. We stand for our sovereignty, exiting the U.N., and stopping the further immigration of people who do not assimilate. I will always be against the ideology of RoP.

Please consider joining us in this battle to protect our Heritage, our Culture and Our Children’s future.
    👉https://www.conservativenationalparty.org/membership

192. None

Shame on you Liz Ellis Calling for the Sacking Maria for supporting her husband

I think it was yesterday that I named Liz Ellis as the only netballer whose name I recognise. I didn’t tell you why – certainly never had a good reputation – and now you know why. Bitch is too mild a word for her.

193. feelthebern

My Chinese hasn’t arrived yet.
    Pork dumplings, both ways.
    Plus chilli squid.

194. Knuckle Dragger

Watching Saffies v 7/11 guys rather than the Origin.

I trust the Coke ads were the ones where big Islander types are watching hot chicks kiss on screens.

If so, should be more of it – but only, as I mentioned the other day, if they’re hot.

Thick-fingered goblins kissing is nobody’s friend.

195. feelthebern

This Optus stadium looks pretty decent.

196. Top Ender

James Bulger killer Jon Venables wants a new life abroad – funded by taxpayers

Actually the story also mentions Australia being a possibility for Venables.

One presumes he would fail immigration tests, and anyway, for what possible reason would our government agree to have him?

Did I read here the other day that Bret Walker SC charges $20k per day.
    In equivalent terms, Izzy now has 35 days of a Mr Walker or equivalent.
    I get it that there is a support cast to pay, but that is some war-chest to get through an FWA hearing and Federal Court.
    If it goes further I have no doubt he could pull another $200k – $300k for a High Court appeal.

198. feelthebern

Welcome to country…

Neil Oliver’s Rise of the Clans pt 2 on SBS is fine gory television. Amazing any Scots still walk the earth after this stuff. Including me. My ancestors must’ve hunkered down and stuck to fishing.

200. feelthebern

Izzy only needs the solicitor from the Castle for the FWA hearing.
    Any ruling won’t be accepted & then it’s off to mediation pre a Federal court hearing.

201. Cassie of Sydney

“feelthebern
    #3050626, posted on June 23, 2019 at 7:48 pm
    My Chinese hasn’t arrived yet.
    Pork dumplings, both ways.
    Plus chilli squid.”

Sounds yummy, neither of which I can eat.

202. None

He’s also saved money by not appealing using the FA appeals processes and then publicly challenging them for leaking

Having to spend $100,000 for a 3-day kangaroo court is ridiculous but this is also why I despise codes of conduct because a little guy I could never afford that. Stick it in your contract make it as clear as possible and then don’t agree to anything else.

203. Speedbox

Leigh Lowe
    #3050632, posted on June 23, 2019 at 7:50 pm

Exactly. The amount raised (and still going) is starting to get serious. Also, as I have previously mentioned elsewhere, private ‘more significant’ individual donations will also be offered, just not via a credit card on gofundme. RA should be shitting themselves.

This is a ‘death or glory’ moment for RA. If they loose, they’re financially screwed – their costs, his costs plus any payout. Even a stalemate where each side agrees to withdraw and absorbs their own costs could be a knockout blow for RA. No, this is ‘all in’ and the future of their CEO’s $800k per annum is on the table.

204. None

I hope so. The morbidly obese trans goth gets paid more than the prime minister she can’t even run a f****** 3 man outfit.

205. dover_beach

Who did the soyboy ask, Dover?

Fella from Australian Christian Lobby.

206. Bar Beach Swimmer

This gets better and more interesting all the time.

As the amount keeps growing and the contributors’ pseudonyms get even more imaginative its becoming a spectator sport.

207. Knuckle Dragger

I would like to take this opportunity, now that I’ve terrified myself and the dog is now eating my spicy pork, to publicly corroborate Rockdoctor’s tales of mayhem in and around Townsville licensed premises in the late eighties and early 90s.

For it was at the exact time I was one of those AJs ‘looking for trouble’ as the resident smoker-sackerer puts it. I feel quite strongly that few corrections to the Crayon Eater’s alleged ‘experience’ would be in order.

I don’t know what his idea of a rough front bar is, but when he says it I am reminded of Basil Fawlty remarking on ‘bloodshed at the Nil Wind Tea Rooms last night’. In Townsville, as you will generally find in places that size there are a few laid back, puttering along suburban pubs. Waaaay out in the burbs.

Anywhere near the town itself was a different matter. The Seaview. The Exchange. Tattersalls. Opus One. The Bank. The Criterion. Even the Railway Hotel in Oonoonba. All were ‘owned’ by either my battalion or the other one that fucks donkeys to this very day. The Rising Sun in Annandale as well. When I got my melon shaved the other week I was reminded via yet another head scar of being cracked in the scone by a barstool wielded by a donkey fucker at The Cri one Sunday arvo.

From Thursday night to Sunday night, every one of them was full of punch ons. It was the last age of the bloodhouse. And far from being kept ‘on a short leash’, the ADF didn’t give a rat’s arse what we did outside the base itself as long as we didn’t get caught.

Cage fighting wasn’t around then, but observing the taxi rank in Flinders Street at 3 am you’d have thought it was the national pastime.

You really are a pansy boy, Four Leaf. No wonder no-one in your battalion has heard of you. It’s a bit hard to be in people’s memories when you’re safely behind the wire showing films to other pogues.

Props to Rockdoctor’s old man and uncle, by the way. Respect.

208. Barry

Raelene is gone anyway. You can’t get an organization into this amount of trouble and survive. Look at Sutherland from Cricket Ausrtalia. The board let him handle all the unpleasant stuff, then he was let go.

The same with Raelene, she’s currently dealing with the unpleasant stuff (and speaking with a very quivering voice whenever she’s on the radio). If she doesn’t resign, she’ll be gone as soon as the case is determined.

I’ll bet she goes before that of her own hand. Why die on this hill.

209. old bloke

max
    #3050519, posted on June 23, 2019 at 6:35 pm

I don’t agree Max, the “Old Testament” God identified Himself as Elohim. Elohim isn’t a personal name, it’s a description; El (God) ohim (three part). Elohim made man in His image, and in Genesis God said Let us (plural) make man in our (plural) image, and it goes on to say that man will have a physical body, a soul, and a spirit (three parts). There is only one God, who has a three-fold nature, as do we all.

God in the “Old Testament” is no different to God in the “New Testament.”

Pissing down in Perth: the flannery effect.

211. Roberto

Cohenite

Of course it can. The sequence is:

New moon

“None
    #3050654, posted on June 23, 2019 at 8:18 pm
    Skank.”

Too kind None.

feelthebern

#3050637, posted on June 23, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Izzy only needs the solicitor from the Castle for the FWA hearing.

Yeah, even if he lawyers up bigly for the FWA that will be a fairly short proceeding.
    That leaves a fair bit to throw at the Federal Court or higher.
    Perfect scenario:-
    Izzy wins FWA wrongful dismissal/breach of contract.
    Goes to Federal Court mediation and offers to settle for the residual of his contract. If agreed, he will donate the remaining GoFundMe monies to junior indigenous and iskander rugger development.
    That would wedge the Vicar beautifully.

214. feelthebern

The chaps in Perth forgot to put a roof on the new stadium.

215. Speedbox

That was funny plus brought back some suppressed memories. My life experiences are different to yours but I know exactly what you mean.

216. feelthebern

Apparently IT is at the league tonight in Perth.
    He’s a new convert to league.

217. jupes

The chaps in Perth forgot to put a roof on the new stadium.

Idiots.

218. feelthebern

PS my dumplings were sublime.
    The chilli squid was horrendous.
    Tasted like Sam Kerr’s boot.

Pissing down in Perth: the flannery effect.

Getting into the wheatbelt, after the driest start since 1900.

220. old bloke

memoryvault
    #3050552, posted on June 23, 2019 at 7:05 pm

After 41 years together, it was a tough time.

I’m sure it was, I’m sure it will continue to be so. I don’t come here that often so I didn’t know, I knew she wasn’t well from earlier in the year. Stay strong.

221. twostix

Who ever would have seen that coming??

Pissing down in Perth: the flannery effect.

Getting into the wheatbelt, after the driest start since 1900.

Wettest June for fourteen years.

223. twostix

This is a meta battle between religious christians and all associated hangeron vs the secularist bugmen neo-bolsheviks.

19th century Eurotrash bolsheviks drove a truck through the retarded sectarianism wars of 19th century Europe and everyone, from progressive catholic to anabaptist weirdo were persecuted equally. They make no distinction in the final outcome!

Don’t let it happen here!

224. feelthebern

CBus ads on during Origin.
    Setka would be loving it.

Apparently IT is at the league tonight in Perth.
    He’s a new convert to league.

Perth. Where James I of Scotland is assassinated in a toilet. Not on a toilet, under it in the cesspit. I’m not joking. Awe.
    A different league.

The Rise Of The Clans
    Season 1 Episode 2 — Brothers At War

At SBS on demand for the next 3 weeks if you want to mortgage your gonads to the lords of the left. May be worth it. A mesmerisingly good doco.

Mounting pressure = all 7 of us in the newsroom are, like, really pissed. I can hardly, like, breathe.

227. mh

Apparently IT is at the league tonight in Perth.
    He’s a new convert to league.

Hi, IT. Queenslanders are underperforming.

They could do with Izzy, but former Qld Labor Premier Peter Beattie won’t let Izzy back in League.

228. Speedbox

Never say never but this would require immense pressure on gofundme and their issuing excuses that could easily damage their brand. Remember that they make money from these ventures and Folau’s campaign is spectacularly successful. If he achieves anywhere north of $1m, it will put Folau in their Top 10 campaigns for 2019.

I am much more inclined to say that it is merely wishful thinking or trying to create an illusion that the campaign will be withdrawn by gofundme.

229. None

Who ever would have seen that coming??

Me!Me! You heard it here first a couple of days ago from me.

More seriously, I would like to recommend that people send a note of congratulations and encouragement to Netball SA and to Netball Australia who have both come out with firm statements on Maria Folau. Encourage them not to buckle, it will all flow over in a couple of days.

230. Oh come on

People who are questioning Folau’s motives in soliciting donations to fight his court case seem to be unaware of the cost of this kind of legal action. I guess he’s worth a couple of million? The guy could liquidate everything he owns, spend it all on putting up a good fight, and still run out of money before a decision is made.

1 4 5 6 7 8 13