We are all Israel Folau

Well, apart from deplorables who don’t believe in freedom of faith and free speech.

No need to agree with him, just recall the statement (probably falsely) attributed to Voltaire. I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.

I don’t know about defending to the death but I am putting my hand in my pocket.

This entry was posted in Freedom of speech, Hypocrisy of progressives, Rafe. Bookmark the permalink.

240 Responses to We are all Israel Folau

1. … but I am putting my hand in my pocket.

If only Folau would put his hand in his pocket.

2. Confuses Old Misfit

Rafe ol’ budy, have read of that first sentence!
    Proofread before sending 😊?

Arts you only know what MSM reports?

4. If given the real reason for getting rid of Folau is true, I wonder what would have happened had the NRL instead said go jump and we will make public that we are being blackmailed?

If only Folau would put his hand in his pocket.

Free speech is expensive.
    Ask Peter Ridd.

7. Entropy

Exactly. This is a great way to support the right for people to stand for what they believe in, and stick it up those that intolerant, pious thought police who think they can unperson anyone they don’t like.

8. Entropy

I would also add you can bet the RA and Cruella Dibley will be using bucket loads of OPM to defend themselves.

9. Vicki

Husband thought we were being a bit too generous – but my response was – ‘hey, this is one for free speech !’

I think that people are donating for all sorts of reasons – Rugby fans, Izzy fans, free speech advocates, Christians, anti-PC, anti-bureaucrats, those who “have had enough”, & those who think RA is just bloody unAustralian.

I was thinking about the parallel.

In the US last year a big howling fight erupted when Colin Kaepernick decided to dishonour the US anthem. The kneeling controversy was abetted and spread by the MSM and the left. Kaepernick grew an afro and was lauded by the SJWs for being a heroic black man. The disgusted deplorables stayed home from games and switched off extremely woke ESPN. The cost to the NFL and the teams must be enormous.

Here the reverse happened, but RA, Qantas and the MSM are just as woke and howling. Folau is more brown than Kaepernick, and much much less well off, but the press is all over him for his investments and religion, totally ignoring his ethnicity. The deplorables appear to be siding with Folau. The cost to RA and the clubs may well be as catastrophic as for the NFL.

When will sports administrators and sponsors work out that woke means broke? The left tends not to watch sports whilst sipping on their skinny soy lattes and doing Facechook. The neaderthal righties and the blue collar deplorables are the sports lovers. Especially the watchers of that terribly unfeminist hairy game called football – whichever type you prefer (except wussy soccer).

11. Danoz

Interesting search censorship experience while searching for Folau’s Gofundme page on teh Google.

(BTW Rafe, you should add a link to your post).

I typed in gofund me and teh Goog kindly added as the topmost suggestion: gofund me falou (ie mis-spelt) and no suggestions referring to him other than that one. Though even egg boy came in at the last spot (still?).

After typing more letters, no suggestions for Izzy’s page (zero, nada, zilch), though every option had other suggestions offered.

However, when finally typing in the penultimate ‘gofund me fola’ the suggestions automagically dried up, completely. Teh Goog (with the might of more PhDs working for them than probably any other business outside of the edu sector ) couldn’t possibly work out what someone might be searching for.

When you you finally do all the work for them, typing in ‘gofund me folau’ teh Goog’s PhD botnet finally comes into its own and helpfully suggests ‘gofundme israel folau’. Gee those PhDs are clever.

12. Bela Bartok

I see the f*cktards are going after his wife too.
    These people (the Tele of all ppl!) are disgusting.
    There’ll be another gofundme page when they kick her out of ‘inclusive’ netball…

13. Beachcomber

Recent donation of $5 to the Fund by:

Shame on you Liz Ellis Calling for the Sacking Maria for supporting her husband

This gets better and more interesting all the time.

14. 2dogs

The groundswell to Folau’s gofundme page suggests another possibility.

NSWRU has about 15,000 members. Could we get enough NSW residents to join/branch-stack NSWRU and chuck out the present board? Anyone know what the rules are around this?

15. Siltstone

Danoz
    I had same experience with Google search. Makes one think they are actively suppressing that site.

16. A reader

Liz Ellis has done herself no favours lately. She was prominently all over the Shorten campaign in the lead up to the election and she’s proven her lack of understanding of these issues in her appearances on Sports Sunday.

17. The BigBlueCat

The Artist Formerly Known As Spartacus
    #3050510, posted on June 23, 2019 at 6:32 pm
    … but I am putting my hand in my pocket.

If only Folau would put his hand in his pocket.

Don’t be a jerk, TAFKAS … Folau is the type of person that if there was an excess he would gladly give it to a charity. Folau runs the risk of losing his case, but still have a massive legal bill.

18. Cassie of Sydney

We are all Maria Folau now….they’re going after her now. I don’t recognise this country anymore…we are being bullied and harassed by elitist, smug, hard core leftist, LGBTQI fascist totalitarians.

19. Jannie

As a Wallaby supporter for the last 45 years I have been appalled by the way Rugby Australia and Qantas have managed this affair. They have turned a simple matter of free speech that should never have got out of the changing rooms into a landmark case of human rights. Some toxic mixture of postmodern corporatism and gay identitarianism has infected the rugby establishment and it has begun eating itself like a sick animal. The Qantas Wallabies are eating their own Joeys.

This is not about Christianity or Rugby, its about free speech and common sense. Sadly free speech is more important than rugby.

Je suis Izzy.

20. Cassie of Sydney

“Jannie
    #3050639, posted on June 23, 2019 at 7:55 pm”

Great comment Jannie.

21. P

Great comment Jannie.

As always.

22. Elderly White Man From Skipton

As a rugby fan I’m glad to see the back of this guy. He’s vastly over paid and clearly believes he can break any contract or agreement at a whim. As for belief and his reliance on the old testament I’d suggest he might now need some painful surgery on his tatts. That is, if he really believes literally in the words of that text.
    He remains totally free to say whatever takes his fancy. The bonus is that we might get a decent fullback.

23. a reader

Given he’s the best fullback in Australia I question all of the above post

24. Cassie of Sydney

“a reader
    #3050646, posted on June 23, 2019 at 8:07 pm
    Given he’s the best fullback in Australia I question all of the above post”

I second that.

25. None

Liz Ellis sank https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/maria-folau-reposts-husband-israels-instagram-plea-and-netball-sa-weigh-in/news-story/e83e14691ccfd344310a2a77f4fbbe3f

I think I will email the netball associations and thank them for taking a firm and fair stance and encouraging them to stand firm. It’s probably not a bad idea to politely encourage those who are doing the right thing. A lot of married women play netball even Ash Elite level.

26. Cassie of Sydney

“None
    #3050658, posted on June 23, 2019 at 8:22 pm”

Me too None.

27. None

Ok both Netball SA and Netball Australia have contact forms on their website so you can send them a nice message of support. No doubt they are probably receiving lots of abuse so encourage them to stand firm. They have taken precisely the correct stance. And here’s the latest dreck from the Daily Telegraph:

Revealed: 46,000-strong group backing Folau

PAYING UP As Israel Folau’s GoFundMe campaign passes $550,000 it can be revealed who many of those donations have been made by and what the former Wallaby did to garner their support.

You will be punished for supporting Folau. Bring it on, children.

28. Cassie of Sydney

None, I’m looking forward to terminating my Daily Telegraph subscription tomorrow morning. I will be telling them why.

29. None

Unfortunately Cassie these people only understand money.

30. Cassie of Sydney

“None
    #3050691, posted on June 23, 2019 at 8:59 pm
    Unfortunately Cassie these people only understand money.

I used to occasionally still comment on Tim’s blog but I won’t anymore even if he does come back. And I’ve emailed him privately as to why not that I think he cares. Still , he is an associate editor now so he has to also bear some responsibility.”

The only reason I continued my subscription to the Telegraph was to comment on Tim’s blog. Whilst my comments on Tim’s blog usually get published….if I comment on say an item by Miranda or Piers…it is REJECTED. Last year, after the newspaper lead with that putrid scoop on Barnaby…all orchestrated by the mediocre smear merchant skank called Sharri Markson…. she was happily admitted that she went after Joyce because he was, according to her, a hypocrite because he voted against SSM.

Anyway I digress….I will enjoy terminating my subscription tomorrow.

31. None

Elderly White Man From Skipton

#3050644, posted on June 23, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Mr Skipton, Izzy Folau quoted from the New Testament, from the apostle Paul in fact. Not just one but three quotes from the New Testament in the same post not that the media gave you the entire truth. At least get your facts right.

By the way, we Australians believe in helping the poor, the orphan the widowed, the alien… we also believe in a fair go and freedom and stand against oppression. All this comes from the Old Testament which you denigrate and which is actually the J-wish Bible. It may do you good to read it once in a while.

Mr Skipton, you obviously haven’t read the New Testament. Folau is correct. You aren’t.

33. None

Cassie that’s exactly what happened with me when I called out Miranda and Sharri Markson. (For exactly the same reason in fact. Maybe you’re my long lost twin sister).
    Miranda would occasionally DM me on Twitter and then suddenly accused me one day of turning against her and blocked me. Now I used to have a lot of imitators on Twitter and I don’t know whether she took offence to something I actually wrote or whether one of my lefty harassers duped her but still the idea that I turned against her because I disagreed with her on something was really quite illuminating. Sharri also contacted once fishing for info. That is her only modus operandi: to get the gossip, the smear. I’m really glad that I never give out personal information and I wouldn’t trust either of them in a fit.

34. duncanm

Are the media that stupid they can’t work out what the end game of their crusade against Folau will be?

The concerted effort to shut the man down (and now his wife) is appalling.

They’ll be the first bleating for financial support for any journalist charged with a crime.

35. Crossie

And here’s the latest dreck from the Daily Telegraph:

I think they forget who is their readership and if they continue this way they will soon sink to Sydney Morning Herald’s circulation figures.

36. Crossie

I have never seen so many atheists quoting scripture and doling out sermons. The Lord does move in mysterious ways.

37. None

Duncan given that the Daily Telegraph is now accusing ACL of giving Izzy their address book of 46000 names this is going to get interesting. I would say a hell of a lot of people who are contributing are not members of ACL and never have been. But even so why the need to out contributors? If Izzy’s lawyers are smart they can point to this is another example of religious discrimination.

I see Liz Ellis has done her job and is now going on holidays. Time to write to Channel 9 and ask them why they hate women so much. First they have shitheads like Stefanovic abandoning his wife and kids and now they have shitheads like Liz Ellis demanding women not back their husbands.

38. Crossie

The funniest thing was the Channel 7 journalist knocking on the Folau house front door and yelling “We know you’re in there, we can hear you laughing”.

Media are utterly ridiculous, it’s hard to accept anything from them at face value.

39. None

Actually I think we should also write to Channel 7 to ask why Channel 9 hates women so much.

40. None

Are we can write to Channel 9 and ask why Channel 7 such f****** idiots.

41. Tezza

Notable that The Australian is now coming over all anti-Izzy, just as its readers pony up in increasing numbers to back the cause of freedom of conscience, speech and religion. Reader comments are running very strongly against the paper’s own increasingly lurid and biased reporting, and that is only after the moderators have been junking whatever comments they can.

This is getting very interesting, and the results could really be one of the first consequences of Morrison emboldening the quiet Australians.

42. None

Good to hear the commenters at the Australian are pushing back Tezz. I’ve also noted that some donators on Izzy’s gofundme page describe themselves as a quiet Australian.

43. None

All under a liberal government. And then they wonder why people want to donate to Israel Folau.

Children’s sports clubs issued guidelines for transgender players

EXCLUSIVE Sporting clubs have been asked to adopt a series of new gender guidelines which would allow transgender children to compete against any sex they identify as and pressure clubs to pay for sanitary bins in both male and female bathrooms.

44. W Hogg

I see the f*cktards are going after his wife too.
    These people (the Tele of all ppl!) are disgusting.

Going after his wife is even more repulsive then going after him in the first place. I cannot believe what this country has come to. We used to have a culture against telling tales. But good work to the sheilas for shutting this rubbish down quickly.

45. mareeS

We put $100 in, just because we hate being told what to think or say. PC ratbags have over-reached themselves.

$742,934 of $3.0M goal
    Raised by 9,826 people in 4 days

47. Mother Lode

Danoz

Oh, I suspect it is just the normal Goolag algorithms that consider references to Jesus as controversial in general, and in connection to the QWERTY Club even more so.

And any phrases like ‘Our Lord Jesus Christ’ (or such) would have alarms going off around the world. And these algorithms were initially created in the US where the evangelical element is far stronger and persistent than here.

I doubt there is any special malice – the stock-standard would suffice.

48. Mother Lode

What is hilarious is that it all started with. Couple of Instagram posts – available to everyone but availed of by very few.

How many people would have heard about him posting these Bible quotes if they had left him in peace. Most of the few people who learned of them would have thought him a bit ‘out there’ and that’s it. They would have gone straight back to talking about the game.

Then the virtue signallers and Twitter outrage mobs got involved. Thanks to them this is national news – millions know about it, and people who would have blissfully unaware are now galvanised in a way the left never is – giving up some of their own money.

The uproar was intentional, but the response has taken the establishment by surprise, and they are now fighting a desperate (and dirty) rearguard action in the press to make it stop.

Hey! Colesworths? NIB? Quaint are? These are what real sleeping giants look like, you dickheads.

49. iain russell

On behalf of other unoffended – but now woke – sots, fornicators and adulterers I’ve stumped up as well. Issie made me see the way and the light and I want to support him in his mission. ‘..was blind but now can see’!

50. iain russell

MaLode, like the QWERTY Club!

51. iain russell

QWERTY Club is the euphemism I will now use, as referring to the Sodomite SS means an immediate nonpersonning in the LSM.

52. None

What is more ironic mother lode is that millions of people quote millions of Bible verses on the internet everyday. It’s a bit like Hillary Clinton and Obama trying to pin the Benghazi attack on some poor hapless guy who posted a video on the internet. You know it’s b******* and you know it’s a cover up.

53. Vicki

Believers would say that God moves in strange ways. It is just possible that Folau’s evangelism will be eminently successful in reaching some young ones in search of meaning in this secular age. Oh the irony!

54. Iampeter

*facepalm* no offense mate, but YOU are the one who doesn’t seem to believe in these things.
    Post after post demonstrates you don’t know what free speech is and are necessarily on the wrong side of these issues.
    Falou can say whatever he want and his employers can fire him if they want.
    No one’s freedoms, not of faith or speech, are in any way affected.

55. AlanR

TAFKAS says everything in the very 1st comment. Typical hypocrisy from a multi millionaire so-called ‘Christian’.

56. Spider

I’m an atheist and not fussed about Rugby Union but donated because this represents a pushback against all the intolerant fascists inhabiting corporations and clubs who want to shut down free speeech and your right to have and to hold private non-approved thoughts.

I don’t care if he wins and pisses the rest of the money against the wall. It will be worth it.

57. W Hogg

Falou can say whatever he want and his employers can fire him if they want.

Typical definition as employed by the extreme left. In between “Bake that f***ing cake!!”

No, freedom does not mean what you think it means.

58. long way away

Jannie, your comment is spot on. So its wrong for a wife to support her husband , unless of course you are media identities ala Peter Fitzsimmons and his Mrs to play tag team against Falaou care of their respective media outlets.

59. A reader

I’d hate to live in IAmPeter’s utopia

60. Old School Conservative

Spartacus, it looks like you want Folau to go bankrupt in defending himself.
    He has already spent money on the Code of Conduct hearing so your logic is wrong too.

61. Iampeter

Those who think a business can’t fire an employee because of his views, are on the same side as those that think a Christian baker can be forced to make a cake for a same sex wedding.

You guys have your wires completely crossed as always.

Haha, Iampeter. You should get a room with Numbers. He’s as rightwing as you are. LOL.

64. mh

Ray Hadley telling his listeners to think of the sick children before donating.

Those who think a business can’t fire an employee because of his views

STAFF POLICY

Rule Number 1:
    Whatever I say is right.
    Rule Number 2:
    Refer to rule number 1.
    Ends

mh – RH is a big turn off.

Ray Hadley telling his listeners to think of the sick children before donating.

It’s a well-known phenomenon: misanthropes who rave on about da poor children. They think it purchases for them the right to be sociopathic assholes to everybody else.

Falou can say whatever he want and his employers can fire him if they want.

Speaking out against the MSM pushing the Gay Lobby’s agenda?
    Is it not Corporate corruption Joyce* pushing the Gay Lobby’s agenda?, viz Qantas rings etc.?
    What became of the rings – served their politically expedient purpose?

*Rule Number 1 – his sexual preferences?

Is Cardinal Pell now imprisoned because of the Gay Lobby?

70. MatrixTransform

Social license … virtue signalling … same malady

71. “egg_
    #3051093, posted on June 24, 2019 at 9:52 am
    Is Cardinal Pell now imprisoned because of the Gay Lobby?”

Yes…and its Grand Inquisidor is David Marr.

Ray Hadley telling his listeners to think of the sick children before donating.

How many “hospital beds” did the Sydney Olympics cost?
    /Hypocritical Sportscaster

73. “C.L.
    #3051082, posted on June 24, 2019 at 9:36 am
    The news organisations going against Folau in the most aggressive and hateful way are the Daily Mail (Aust) and News Corp, even more than the ABC and Fairfax. That’s a tits ‘n ass paper and a ‘conservative’ media company obsessively cultivating a hatred of orthodox Christianity on this and other issues. I get that DM (UK) has to sell the paper to an “Asian” readership in the formerly English city of London – which is why they’re always reporting on “vile” Tommy Robinson supporters and “heartwarming” brown people rescuing kittens – and that DM (Aus) is mirroring that strategy. But I don’t get what News Corp is trying to accomplish.”

Yep..which is why this morning I had the great pleasure of cancelling my Daily Telegraph subscription….and they were told in no uncertain terms why.

Last night on The Project, Australian Christian Lobby managing director Martyn Iles was invited on as a guest and, for some masochistic reason, he agreed to appear. Lisa Wilkinson proceeded to ask him if homosexuals were going to hell – a question she has never asked her devout Mohhomettan co-host (whose wife cannot leave their home unless her head is draped in a tea-towel). Of course, Daily Mail (Aus) covers Wilkinson’s behaviour adoringly:

Extraordinary moment Lisa Wilkinson grills Christian lobby boss backing Israel Folau.

The usual suspects unhappy with Israel. Who is surprised?

76. Bad Samaritan

Iampeter, and various other sock-puppets….

On my Facebook page I’ve declared Collingwood and Manly fans to be moronic arsehats. Also rugby, netball, and soccer fans to be dipsticks one and all. This has become known to my employer…..who sells stuff (paper cups ) Oz-wide, including to to Collingwood, Manly, rugby, netball and soccer fans. Now I’ve been sacked since my inflammatory comments must surely have impacted on his sales in some way. . Another guy at work was sacked for saying he didn’t stamp-collectors were too bright. This is justified because stamp collectors no-doubt use paper cups from time to time, and might take revenge by not buying them anymore.

I’m guessing that everyone who uses FB criticizes something or someone, which could have an impact in some way on their employer. A Woolies checkout chick says she hates broccoli, and Woolies sells Broccoli = sackable offence!

OK, so Iampeter reckons this permanent control of every aspect of an employee’s life is justified because they pay them to obey company guidelines, and to do everything in life to advance company guidelines. The employee who, in the good old days, got paid to work…now gets paid to obey the employer at all times.

Funny old world under fascism, eh?

BTw: If I mouth off at a BBQ about the Greens being dangerous dingbats, and an attendee records this…then sends it to my employer, should I be summarily sacked because a number of greens voters are known to buy stuff from my employer? Under fascism..yes!

77. Vicki

Ray Hadley telling his listeners to think of the sick children before donating.

Can’t stand Hadley. Just opinionated with not too much between the ears. He survives with a reasonable audience because people are slow to turn off the radio after Jones.

RH happy with Pell conviction, unhappy with Israel. Consistent.

79. Wow – the link to Izzy’s Gofundme page just went down.
    It was showing $565,000 from 10,139 people.
    I pressed F5 (to refresh) and:

Campaign Not Found
    We are sorry, but the campaign link you entered cannot be found.

Hadley did a splendid job raising his son, of course.

81. “C.L.
    #3051101, posted on June 24, 2019 at 9:59 am
    Last night on The Project, Australian Christian Lobby managing director Martyn Iles was invited on as a guest and, for some masochistic reason, he agreed to appear.”

And therein lies the rub….why agree to appear on these trashy programmes…to be interviewed by ghastly mediocrities such as the gormless Wilkinson..unless you yourself crave attention? Secondly, if you do decide to appear…then you need to don your battle gear and you escalate…..you make sure the throw the bile back. One of his responses to the ugly Wilksinson should have been along the lines of “well Lisa, why don’t you ask your fellow panelist what he truly thinks of gays and SSM because I happen to think that the Christian response is a lot more loving than anyone in the Rop? That’s what a Hitchens would have done.

82. mh

Hadley is still digging that hole.

83. mh

Campaign Not Found
    We are sorry, but the campaign link you entered cannot be found.

Gone down in the last 15 minutes.

84. Gone down in the last 15 minutes.

9 minutes ago, to be precise.

CL, this is a Sydney thing. SJWs have hijacked the Daily Tele in a way that would never be allowed by tbe Herald Sun, where the adults are still firmly in charge.

On the other hand, news.com.au is deliberate marketing to SJWs who listen to the ABC and read the Guardian/SMH — complete with opinions masquerading as facts.

Ruperdink’s minions have all corners of the market covered. But the bottom line is that 95% of journalists, including those at News Corp, are Green (70%) or Labor (30%) voters.

86. Mother Lode

Peter Fitzsimian thinks that people donating money to Izzy are doing so at the expense of sad-eyed children, their weakened bodies dwarfed by the pillows and blankets, and with rubes and wires plugged into their bodies like the Borg in Star Trek.

Because of people didn’t donate to Izzy they would be mailing cheques to the hospitals.

And, presumably, Pirate Pete thinks it bad that every spare cent is not sent.

So, you tea-cozy pated clown, your regular breakfasts at that coffee shop in Mosman: How much would you be able to send to the children in hospital if you boiled a couple of eggs and buttered a couple of pieces of toast?

Israel upsetting someone enough to get hacked?

88. DaveR

Even before the Folau issue, I stopped flying Qantas some time ago when Joyce started using the business to back his private social campaigns. When did the Qantas board give Joyce carteblanche to use the company reputation, logo and branding for anything he wanted to comment on?

In the same vein, Liz Ellis has used her netball reputation to make social political comments about Ms Folau. I think she is still a Channel 9 commentator, so maybe they are not too happy about her entry into this free speech stoush.

Israel upsetting someone enough to get hacked?

His GoFundMe page just went poof?

90. Vicki

Has Folau’s gofundme page been deleted?

I tried to check the latest amount & was directed to bogus sites. Even tried the link from my donation a few days ago – but no go.

What mongrels some people are & what a dangerous age for free speech! The venom against Folau is phenomenal.

91. Nighthawk the Elder

Donate to sick children instead of Izzy’s defence of our freedom of thought, eh? Imagine if all the money spent on globull warmuning or QWERTY Club* Rainbow Diversity Woke Parades had been spent on sick children. There would be no need for children’s hospitals as all childhood diseases would have been eliminated.

RA went low the other day with this stupid argument because they are sh%ting themselves.

*QWERTY Club, brilliant Mother Lode. Muddy, one more for the Catictionary, me thinks.

Israel now getting the usual treatment. Who is surprised?
    I have the satisfaction I donated.

93. Chris M

It’s been deleted?

Wouldn’t surprise me if GoFundMe has become a leftist scam site.

94. Bar Beach Swimmer

Falou can say whatever he want and his employers can fire him if they want.
    No one’s freedoms, not of faith or speech, are in any way affected.

You obviously don’t understand what rights are now on notice.
    1) an employer sacks a worker for not anything to do with that person’s job, that was not illegal and that was for something that was said and done outside of their working hours.
    2) the person has no redress, apart from the courts, which is onerous and arduous.
    3) the person is unable to find alternate work because other employers have made it clear in the media that the person is not welcome to seek employment with them. This is not because they are unable to fulfil the needs of any position but because their personal beliefs/attitudes/speech are not viewed as acceptable.
    4) every worker is now on notice that they are the property of the employer whether at work or not, until such time as they no longer work for the company. Reminds me of that old song – ‘I owe my soul to the company store’.

This seems very similar to China’s Social Credit System, which scores how the citizen spends their time, money, what activities they are involved with, who their friends are, how they act on-line, in public etc, all worked out by algorithms. With a low social credit score the citizen’s eligibility for certain services, including jobs, loans etc will be affected.

In the 1950s we voted against making the Communist Party illegal. If Issy doesn’t win his case, we will need a similar vote against making thought/speech control illegal.

95. mh

Iampeter will agree with the removal of Israel’s GoFundMe page.

No rights violation! Private enterprise! Ayn Rand!

96. Vicki

Bloody well said, Bar Beach Swimmer!

97. mh

From the open thread

cohenite
    #3051160, posted on June 24, 2019 at 10:34 am
    John Laws now saying GoFundMe will be refunding all of the donations because izzy has breached their terms.

98. Some History

Israel upsetting someone enough to get hacked?

His GoFundMe page just went poof?

It got poofed

99. Seco

ADRIAN MCMURRAY

10 MINUTES AGO JUNE 24, 201919
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Israel Folau’s GoFundMe page has been shut down.

The fundraising platform has pulled Folau’s page, claiming that the former Wallaby’s campaign violated its terms of service.

All money raised, in excess of $700,000, will be returned to donors.

More to come

From The Australian

100. Eddystone

Quran (7:80-84) – “…For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds…. And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)” –

Are we still allowed to quote the Koran?

101. long way away

Netball Australia does not appear to be gagged and controlled by it’s sponsors unlike the ARU, clearly more backbone , well done ladies

102. Vicki

I have tweeted to Folau that, as a donor, I will resend the donation to any fund he can establish. All should do the same.

103. P

Folau GoFundMe appeal shut down by crowdfunding site – SMH

104. mh

Take note who put up the very first comment on this thread.

105. Chris M

I just read the update article – ‘Go Fund Me’ deleted it because they hate Christians and instead love them some gaaz.

So apparently we must Go Fund Gaaz instead. I don’t know how we would do that, should I donate to an STD clinic perhaps?

106. Bar Beach Swimmer

Vicki
    #3051210, posted on June 24, 2019 at 10:54 am

Vicki, can you find out how we can do it, I’m not on any social media
    thanks

107. Bar Beach Swimmer

mh
    #3051217, posted on June 24, 2019 at 10:56 am

Take note who put up the very first comment on this thread.

Not sure what you mean.

108. a happy little debunker

GoFundMe removes Israel Folau’s fundraising campaign for breaching terms of service

The company said it does not tolerate the promotion of discrimination or exclusion.

“We are absolutely committed to the fight for equality for LGBTIQ+ people and fostering an environment of inclusivity,” GoFundMe’s Australian regional director Nicola Britton said.

Not so inclusive towards a fella sacked for his religious beliefs.

Pity these poor ‘fornicators’ – because they just fornicated up!

109. duncanm

Falou can say whatever he want and his employers can fire him if they want.

right – so I can go and fire all the gays working for me who spoke out for SSM?

110. Go Fund Me can go Fuck Themselves from here on in.
    The list of corporate Quislings gets longer.

111. duncanm

Not surprising..

GoFundMe has appointed former Change.org campaigner and public relations professional Nicola Britton to head up its Australian operations.

112. Shy Ted

Crikey, Alan Joyce is gonna get $$$$$$$$$ in refunds. Wrong Hole Joel creasey w ill be in the $$$ too.

113. duncanm

quelle surprise ! She’s a mate of Yassmin

114. Scott Osmond

This is why you can’t rely on any silicon valley firm to get a project of the right started. Soon as it gathers steam it will be demonetised utube, shadow banned twitter, or deleted facebook and now go fund Me. It’s happened so many times now with commics, books and video productions that I’m surprised that anyone of the right even bothers with them. The old tired argument from libertarians and conservatives about private companies doing what they want is just preemptive surrender. Bake the cake bigoted lefties!

115. Perth Trader

If a citizen cant quote, directly from religious text should the book the quote was taken from be banned? Should the religious book be censored? or the text be rewritten ? Can a Iman , a Priest or Theologian say in public whats written in a religious book? If anyone utters words from religious text that are a discomfort to a public can they be banished from public life? The Falou case has put not just free speech on trial but also text from The Torah, The Bible and The Koran. Beware.

116. none

Haha I predicted this – lefties are so f****** predictable and such a f****** fascists. I hope the American media is watching and Trump in particular also. If it is true that all monies above 700,000 will be refunded that means Folau’s people have been aware of this possibility and have been withdrawing the money regularly.. Are they also going to refund the extra money this kids made because of Folau?

Thought I had a place on his website where you could subscribe to our newsletter and I suppose that would be a way people can stay in touch with his next move but I’m pretty sure a lot of fake is have subscribed so they can sort of spy on him. What makes are they going to remove his email access and also shut down his bank accounts?

If there is one thing this episode has shown and which flower has succeeded in doing is exposing the real depth and breadth of the hatred of the Gaystapo. I really hope Fallout now starts to suing people for defamation in calling him homophobe.

Just wow. The Nazis really are running things now.

118. old bloke

GoFundMe removes Israel Folau’s fundraising campaign

I’m not surprised, they refunded my contribution a couple of days ago without an explanation.

119. Buccaneer

Looks like a big opportunity for a rival funding site to pick up the Folau petition and promote it far and wide. The media circus here has been pushing along donations, imaging how big it would go if the media circus reached the US and the UK. $3mill might be small beer.

Go fund me might have just killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

120. Herodotus

That’s the last time I contribute to any Go Fund Me appeal, regardless of merit.
    Boycott their site.

121. none

The woman is still running change.org as well as being the regional director of gofundme in Australia .
    So gofundme hasn’t actually stopped him from using the platform for raising money for legal fees – that is perfectly legit – but because they believe his campaign to defend his employee contract is about promoting homophobia which is very presumptious of them and also defamatory and I’m really really really hoping that Izzy’s people will now start suing anyone from go fund me to Liz Ellis for defamation.
    All social media like Twitter and Facebook and the like behave like this in making their own arbitrary decisions and sliming people. The reason they fear people like Izzyou is because he has few assets and some public support to fight this s***. Imagine the little guy. Don’t be surprised that so many people wanted to donate to Izzy regardless of his religious beliefs. I would not be surprised if gofuname now start leaking details of people who donated. Had absolutely no doubt that they will stoop as low as you could possibly go.

Just wait they will start stopping email access and everything. Alan Joyce’s threat that you won’t be able to move unless you are a fully subscribed member of the Qantas buttplug admiration Society will take on quite Sinister and neutral dimensions. And Pentecostal Morrison will do absolutely sweet FA.

122. “Herodotus
    #3051346, posted on June 24, 2019 at 12:13 pm
    Boycott their site.”

Yep, it’s a pity but there is NO way I will use that platform again.

123. Vicki

Share that thought with https://twitter.com/nico_britto?lang=en

I think that all the donors are going to be pretty livid about the closure of his campaign.

I also hope they refund the “tip” that they added onto the donation for themselves!

124. none

Old bloke that may have been because of the name that you used. And if reports are true that only donations above the 700,000 Mark are going to be refunded that means Fallout withdrew money regularly possibly preempting this move. Fantastic. I hope now he makes a move to start slapping some defamation action on people. Tie them up for years.

A GoFundMe spokeswoman confirmed the page was taken down because it violated its terms and said donations will be refunded.

‘While we welcome GoFundMes engaging in diverse civil debate, we do not tolerate the promotion of discrimination or exclusion’, she said in a statement.

Um.
    They don’t tolerate discrimination or exclusion?
    That’s precisely what Folau is fighting.

126. none

Indeed Vicky I would certainly be demanding gofundme refund everything they possibly might not they possibly might pocket the tip in which case that needs to be made very public. Because that means they’re profiting from so-called homophobia.

127. Vicki

Haven’t heard this None. If true, I am relieved he at least got $700,000.

Pick the liberal …

Scott Morrison cheers:

When asked about the closure of Folau’s fundraiser, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said: “I think that the issue has had enough oxygen.”

Mark Latham attacks:

NSW One Nation MP Mark Latham, who defended Folau in his maiden speech to parliament earlier this year, said GoFundMe’s decision was “excessive use of corporate power”.

He tweeted: “Lefties scoffed when I said the absence of religious freedom protections would lead to a reign of terror against Christians. In all aspects of the Folau matter, it’s easy to see what’s happening.”

ABC

129. dover_beach

What a cowardly piece of trash.

130. Michael Smith notes that Go Fund Me have no problems running camaigns to persecute Folau.

What is very sad about this is that Israel does not discriminate or exclude anyone. In fact true Christianity holds it a duty to do good to your enemies. Go Fund Me cannot reach that high standard.
    This is about the distortion of language, where tolerance means you fully accept everyone else – a logical impossibility no matter what your creed, so it always applied very selectively, and thus hypocritically.

131. Entropy

Heh, lefties had to resort to good LTD Plan B, deplatforming.

Probably just as well, I doubt he would have got that much past $1m in the end. This way though he can say he was persecuted for his faith.

132. Perth Trader

NO NO NO People……Up the Debate and the Defense. Put the Religious Books on trial.If a book can be printed for 2000 years with text condemning certain human practices and showing its a ‘sin’ and then if a individual voices that text believing it to be true then by default the book the text comes from should be also on trial . I or you may not believe the words in the book but if a individual does and expouses those words in public , is it a offense?

133. PoliticoNT

TAFKAS – I think it’s about time we started maintaining our own boycott list:

Gillette
    Cadbury
    Scenic Tours
    GoFundMe

Maybe include its own little tab.

I can tell you nothing gives my morning shave a ‘like minded community feel’ than using my Schick razor.

134. Mother Lode

I think that the issue has had enough oxygen.

You aren’t really in any way particularly qualified to make that call, ScoHo. You don’t have to pretend you know all about everything. It is not like you are a j’ismist. Best if you said that you understood that there was an issue about terms and conditions and that it is between Folau and GoFuckYou. No one would blame you for not having the answers that everyone else is still sorting out.

I suspect he is just being gutless because if he sticks up for a happy clapper it will be pointed out that he is one too, and he simply doesn’t have the gumption to take a principled stand – that GoFuckYou is displeased with Folau’s having the legal right to contest the basis of his dismissal.

Australian GoFundMe site currently linking to and funding 4205 abortion causes.
    And numerous actual abortions.
    The degeneracy has to be seen to be believed.
    GoFundMe is committed to killing children.

136. none

137. Rusty of Qld

Stagering that journalists don’t see the forest for the trees. This all about Free Speech and they are helping the Nazis slowly and incrementally dismantle our Free Speech. Eventually they will begiven the Little Red Book of approved speech and wonder how it got to this.
    First they came for the Jews, then they came for the Christians, then they came for the dissenters, then they came for me and no-one was left to help.
    God help my grandchildren.

138. Iampeter

You obviously don’t understand what rights are now on notice.

It’s you guys who are confused about what rights are, period.
    Rights are a freedom of action, not outcome.
    You don’t have a right to a job, but a business has every right to fire you. Rightly or wrongly.
    Likewise you have the right to say whatever you want, rightly or wrongly.
    The two things will never conflict.
    But yes, existing employment laws are a leftist hell-scape, often making it impossible for businesses to exercise their rights.

Those here who think private enterprise can’t fire you for some reason, or that want to setup funds for legal action against businesses for no other reason than them exercising their rights, are the very censorious leftists you claim to be fighting against.

You guys are basically SJW’s. Except much, much more confused. SJW’s don’t really need any of this explained.

139. “none
    #3051401, posted on June 24, 2019 at 12:56 pm
    Did I not predict that Scott Morrison is a coward. I have predicted this all along as have many of you. And you are right those of you who say now is the time to escalate.”

Yes you did. On the upside…I am very glad I voted for Latham back in March….he has not disappointed me yet.

140. Iampeter

This is a description of the majority position here, not mine.
    Conservatives seem to think only embryo’s and politically expedient Christians (eg the baker, Falou) have rights.
    Everyone else is just meat for the machine.
    Also, because conservatives don’t know anything about politics and don’t know what rights are, they think their special group should get priviledges that others will have to be forced to provide, because ” religious freedom” or some such nonsense.
    Can’t force Christians to do business they don’t want.
    Can’t fire Christians.
    But tech companies? They’ll do what they’re told! They’re a public space!

You guys are the worst kind of leftists. The kind that don’t have sufficient understanding of politics to even realize you are leftists.

141. Vicki

I suggest that Morrison should be informed via the normal channels that “quiet Australians” do not agree with his neutral stance on the Folau issue. He cannot have it both ways. If Australians have voted for with their feet against the gender & identity positions of opposition parties, then he must acknowledge their concerns.

142. PoliticoNT

Tell you one thing, before too long we’re going to need our own bank. Might write to Latham about that one. Start laying the ground work.

You don’t have a right to a job, but a business has every right to fire you.

No, they don’t actually and haven’t for a long time.
    For example, the ARU has no right to fire Raelene Castle because she’s a bald, obese slob.

144. Perth Trader

The Folau sacking is religion on trial, not just freedom of speech. If Folua’s speech is wrong then by default the text it came from is wrong. All three texts of the religious books are on trial if no one can quote from them. This episode could be the trial of the century if handled right. God is on trial here.

145. Gab

Gofundme has folded on this campaign and will refund all donations. The haters won yet again.

146. Mother Lode

As I see it, Folau’s case was to challenge whether what he typed on Instagram would have a predictable impact on RA.

Personally I would consider not, and certainly more damage has been done to RA by RA’s actions than Izzy’s. But all that is by-the-by.

But in any event legal proceedings would have resulted in a decision in accordance with current law in Australia, among which law is a considerable amount of legislation protecting the rights of QUARKY people (gays, lesbians, queer, strange, charmed, up etc).

The result would have been an affirmation of law.

GoFuckYou then has seen fit to take an action not to let the law follow its own majestic course, and have therefore taken a position of advocacy – claiming additional rights for gays than they currently have under law.

For days they had Izzy’s funding site up but only discovered a ‘problem’ today. They ahve wasted his time and that of the people who pledged financial support and he must begin again – with the newfound uncertainty that he might suddenly have any new platform shut him down again.

I hope they are reamed so royal a new one that all the people involved have to wear Depends for the next six generations.

147. Perth Trader

Before any sitting of Parliament , the lords prayer is read. ScoMo needs that prayer read out to him. If he wont defend Gods words as spoken by Folua the why does he pray to god in the ‘Peoples House’?

148. Lee

Falou can say whatever he want and his employers can fire him if they want.

And the “employers” may well suffer the consequences of their own actions.
    Good legal opinion is that the ARL may have overstepped their bounds.
    Even sporting bodies’ contracts can’t flout the laws of the land, however almighty these organisations regard themselves.

149. Helen

gofundme can gofuckthemselves

150. Bela Bartok

GoFundMe should be renamed “GoFundUs”, to highlight it only works for the ‘special’ people, just like “Their ABC”. Just like Qantas is “The Spirit of Our Australia”
    None of the deplorables allowed.

151. Mother Lode

Falou can say whatever he want and his employers can fire him if they want.

There would be an employment contract that covers obligations on both sides.

I doubt RA would have worked in terms where they can just one day say “Get lost!” and that is that. There would be clauses about grounds for letting him go. There are no doubt some vague ones that are hard to contest and some specific ones – but that doesn’t matter so much because they have told him the grounds, and it can be argued that it is not being validly applied.

152. Perth Trader

GO FUND ME has a right to be hypocrites and withdraw there support or platform for Folua , but no one person , no political leader , no public company or sporting organization has a right to deny a individual or organization there right to quote from religious books. If any think the text is wrong , then debate the text, not the person.

153. none

no doubt they’ve been doing so because they been fleecing donations for platform fees. Let’s say out of the 7000 also donate is 75% donated $5 perhaps more if they were donating bigger amounts then it’s a tiny little earner on top of the transaction fee and the percentage donation fee. I would not be surprised if they don’t refund the platform donations. In any case I read that they will only be refunding donations above 700000. I’m just trying to find the article again because if that is true that means is he has been preempting this and his people have been withdrawing the money as it has been coming in which is a fantastically Smart Move because anyone who has been paying attention would know that one of the first things these assholes will try would be to deplatform you. 700k is not bad and will certainly give our a a run for their money. His next course for raising funds is to set up a lawyer’s trust account into which people can donate. Preferably a lawyer that will not be involved in running his cases. The very strategy that Pell has used. Try f****** well touching that lefties.

154. dover_beach

Please don’t engage with IamMengele.

155. Perth Trader

Let me repeat, take this conversation to a higher level. The religious books and Gods word is being debated here….not terms of employment.

156. Stan

I wasn’t going to contribute to the Falau fund but I will be doing so now!

157. Vicki

For interesting commentary on the Folau funding debacle see https://quadrant.org.au.

Commentator Bill Martin thinks, as many do, that the action of GoFundMe will only win Folau more support.

158. Perth Trader

If terms of employment are to deny gods existence , then Rugby Aust. are on thin ice.

159. none

No I can’t find that 700,000 article I read an hour or so ago. Other articles are saying that all donators will be refunded. Let’s see.
    Nowra call that the regional manager for gofundme in Australia is also a change.org operator and we read this:

More than 95,000 people had signed an online petition calling on GoFundMe to take down Folau’s page, noting its purpose was against the website’s terms and conditions.

I’d actually like to make a complaint of false advertising because everything on his gofundme page said he was raising money to challenge his employment contract and I even posted the text of his update here. Any legally trained cats want to comment?

160. none

I just checked. We don’t have a refund so I wonder when we will get it back. They certainly took the money instantaneously. Where’s JC. How much can you make with $750,000 on overnight money markets? How much is gofundme profiting from this?

161. Some History

‘Absolutely insane’: Israel Folau’s supporters hit out at GoFundMe

162. Davey Boy

Top 7 GoFundMe alternatives (allegedly)
    Copy & paste required – spaminator appears to eat an attempt to link directly

Wasn’t it put as a business case, that they were concerned about attendance and sponsorship – i.e. loss of revenue?
    Without foundation?

Are pooves a key component of the ARU audience?
    Crickets?

165. Russell

What we really need is a Go Fund Anyone site in competition with the politically-active GFM version we have now. Wonder if I could start a GoFundMe for that?

You don’t have a right to a job, but a business has every right to fire you.

No, they don’t actually and haven’t for a long time.

The low wattage troll just makes sh1t up, makes Numberz look good.

If any think the text is wrong , then debate the text, not the person.

It’s difficult to debate the question when your freedom to speak has been taken away.

gofundme can gofuckthemselves

Look like GetUp!Me stooges.

169. Davey Boy

There are alternatives to GoFundMe (allegedly)
    Spaminator eats the link so modification is required – add https:/ at the front of

/doublethedonation.com/tips/gofundme-alternatives/

gofundme can gofuckthemselves

GoBuggerMe?

171. Perth Trader

Tel….I understand and agree with your point. Thats why this case has to go to court. But in going to court put Freedom of Speech on trial and at the same time put the religious books on trial. Will Rugby Aust. fight a case if they have to deny the written words of God ? Will terms of employment deny a person of Gods existence?

172. Perth Trader

Rugby Aust. are on thin ice and I suspect they know it.

173. a happy little debunker

Iampeter @ June 24, 2019 at 1:11 pm

You don’t have a right to a job, but a business has every right to fire you

Every business can fire anyone, so long as they are prepared to pay the costs of being wrong.
    If they would seek to avoid such costs, then they’d best be very sure of the grounds on which they act!

174. Iampeter

Those of us who are not leftists don’t support leftist employment laws preventing businesses from firing someone for any reason.
    You don’t have a right to a job. Getting fired is not a violation of any of your rights, not free speech, not religion, nothing.

You guys are clueless, Christian SJW’s.

But I’m repeating myself at this point. This issue is so basic there’s not much more to say.

Liberty Quote
    A society that does not recognize that each individual has values of his own which he is entitled to follow can have no respect for the dignity of the individual and cannot really know freedom.

— Friedrich von Hayek

176. Tim Neilson

Poor old Iamashiteater.

In February, ARU chose to sign a four year contract with Folau.

Which part of “four year contract” don’t you understand?

The contract prescribed circumstances in which ARU was entitled to terminate early. ARU says Folau’s actions entitle them to terminate early – Folau argues that they don’t.

So what’s ‘leftist’ about Folau being able to try to get redress for what he believes is a breach of his contractual rights freely entered into by the ARU?

Answer – nothing.

But poor old Iamashiteater is, as usual, intellectually incapable of understanding the issues – he just goes straight into “look at me I’m superior to everyone else” mode, thus beclowning himself ludicrously.

177. Frosty

Analysis suggesting that trying to squash Folau’s fundraising effort via Go Fund Me would result in him gaining more support would seem correct, on a sample size of 1 … I hadn’t given before now, but I sure will be doing do, just as soon as a clear alternative option presents itself.

178. Spider

I find it intriguing that a lot of Leftist folk who are criticising ordinary people’s voluntary decision to donate to Falau (because it’s taking away from sick kiddies) may be the same folk who demand that more people have more and more of their incomes compulsorily sequestered and pissed away by government on causes with which they have no truck at all.

179. A reader

I’d considerably before. Now I definitely will do so and twice what I was considering.

180. Speedbox

I donated previously and regardless of whether I get my money back from gofundme, I will donate again once it is clear on the recommended method.

181. a happy little debunker

Iampeter @ June 24, 2019 at 3:23 pm
    Never ever said anyone had a right to a job, but equally don’t hold that people should be terminated without cause.

Being obtuse seems to be your most common practice.

182. Iva Right

I’ll bet the fat, black transvestite pig is having a chortle! Wouldn’t chortle too loud though. This will only get more support for Izzy. Much, much more!

You don’t have a right to a job.

Folau would have had a contract – if the ARU say he was bringing them into disrepute they can dispute it in court.

184. Some History

It seems that Pete the Pontificating Poyret has more orifices than usual and is squealing out of all of them at the same time. There are some whopper contradictions.

The people have spoken, and now Folau should listen

Firstly, it may mean that Folau might have to – hold the presses – dip into his own pockets to fund his legal appeal, instead of building it on $5 and $10 donations from a lot of well-meaning people who actually seem to think this is about religious freedom in Australia, as if that was ever under threat…

What it mostly means though is that, whatever the law will ultimately say on the Folau case, the Australian mob stands firmly against both the whole absurdity of the “gays are going to burn in hell” thing, and the very idea of using a crowd like GoFundMe to make it legally safe to shove that view in the face of your employers, even when you have firmly promised not to.

RTWT

Of course you have religious freedom as long as I [pirate types] don’t hear anything from it I don’t like. And the Poyret has much [agenda-driven] difficulty with another of the words the left has mangled – phobia

Being thick seems to be your most common practice.

FTFY.

Authoritarians have spoken, and now Folau should listen

FTFY apeman.

187. None

Hands up anyone who thinks Israel Folau would be able to sell any property at true market value now. Of course not.

188. Megan

GoFundMe is now dead to me…I’ll not ever contribute to a single cause on their platform again no matter how worthy. And once Izzy has had time to regroup I’m happy to make a small but steady weekly contribution to the cause.

Gutless bullies think they can win this way, it’s time we reminded them again that they are the minority and plenty of my fellow Australians understand what is at stake here.

189. None

Paul Collitts in fine form at Quadrant:

The Tele is, and always has been, the rugby league bible, and so is devoured daily by much of Western Sydney (not so much in Newtown and Bellevue Hill).  It has always had the front page headline shockers, once upon a time the page three girls, the politically incorrect cartoons, an active crime beat reportage, and a tilt towards Aussie television culture of the Home and Away rather than the highbrow variety.  In short, Tory but working class, a marvellous antidote to the head-up-its-own-fundament Sydney Morning Herald.

Sad to report though is The Telegraph’s latest effort (Sunday, 23 June; paywalled) to become a spear thrower in the escalating, all-fronts total war on Israel Folau. Here’s a sample of the Tele’s editorial:

Israel Folau’s homophobic beliefs are not the views of the ‘silent majority’.  Donors are flocking to a GoFundMe page set up with the premise of supporting ‘religious freedom’, but Israel Folau’s fight with Rugby Australia was never about religious freedom — and his views are out of step with the majority of Australians.

There are four problems here.  The first is the assertion of homophobia.  The second is the sneer quotes around religious freedom.  The third is the simply absurd proposition that the Folau matter is not about religious freedom.  This is Blind Freddy territory.  The fourth is the claim that Folau’s “views” are out of touch.

I believe donations to Quadrant are tax deductible.

190. None

Some history has anyone been able to post the links to band anime and charging sick children $8,000 to attend a fundraiser. Tinta posted some great links earlier. Spread them around on Twitter and make sure junos like Rita Panahi I reminded as well.

191. None

When such a normally observant commentator on the right as Andrew Bolt apparently believes that Morrison’s victory has “changed the nation”, we are indeed in deep doo-doo.  Just ask Israel Folau.

Yes, there is a war on Israel Folau.  For the woke brigade, he must be discredited at all costs, on all fronts and by any means necessary.  This war matters, for reasons not immediately obvious to those who should know much better.  The Telegraph needs to pick the right side.

Pau Collitts at the end of a magnificent take town of the Daily Telegraph. Remember Sharri Markson is now their political editor.

192. Lilliana

I wonder how different things would have been if Folau had been a RoP devotee?

193. bollux

And Morrison is out there fighting tooth and nail for Folau. What? No, he’s sticking up for the rainbow people. We need a war.

194. 2dogs

Such a position ultimately involves other parties deciding for Folau what his religious beliefs are.

195. None

Sorry I really should spell his name right Paul Collit’s must read.

196. Some History

CELEBRITY author Peter FitzSimons is known for his red bandana – but he left some guests at a charity ball seeing red after he spent the night drinking red wine while being paid $8000 to host the gala event.
    The behaviour of Mr FitzSimons, who has written about 20 books, raised eyebrows among guests attending the fundraising gala event for the Childhood Cancer Support earlier this month.
    One guest told The Daily Telegraph that Mr FitzSimons helped himself to red wine throughout the evening and acted arrogantly at his table by “putting a fork through a steak, a piece of chicken and a slice of cheesecake from other guests’ plates”. “It was pretty appalling behaviour – he acted boorishly,” one guest said.
    Another guest said the former rugby international lost his train of thought while telling a story to the crowd and admitted to the audience that he had “drunk too much”.
    Mr FitzSimons, who writes a column for Fairfax Media, said last night he “certainly wasn’t drunk and I don’t recall eating anyone’s food”.

RTWT

197. 2dogs

You can increase that to 2.

198. Crossie

Oh I don’t think so, she will be rewarded when she returns. This is Channel 9, the son of Fairfax, we are talking about.

199. Morrison said: “I think that the issue has had enough oxygen.”

Mark Latham “Lefties scoffed when I said the absence of religious freedom protections would lead to a reign of terror against Christians.”

Brothers none, bollux, dover_beach and even C.L. have been most unkind about our revered Lord Morrison.

But I must admit that Lord Morrison and his accomplices would do well to study:
    Revelation 21:8, 1 Corinthians 6:9, Romans 1:27-32 and related passages in 2 Peter, Jude, Matthew, Mark, Amos, Jeremiah, Isaiah as well as Genesis 18 & 19.

200. Crossie

This sort of treatment used to be called exile in feudal times which is apt seeing as employees are serfs again.

201. Iampeter

Which part of “four year contract” don’t you understand?

Um, I’m the one that’s pointing out that this is not a “free speech” or a “religious freedom” issue.
    It’s the others in this thread that need to have contracts explained to them, not me.

Talk about beclowning yourself lol…

In a thread where people have literally got free speech and censorship backwards again, a feat of breathtaking stupidity, Tim N still manages to be the stupidest person in the thread.

*claps*

Working for a narcissistic boss is likened to being under a Feudal Autocratic ruler.

203. bosnich

My wife and I both visit Point Cook Coastal Park near Melbourne on a regular basis,sometimes once a week,sometimes twice or even three times and at varying times of the day.
    Each and every time we visit there are cars parked on the car park adjacent to the toilet block.These vehicles always have only one person in them.. no passenger .. and are always driven by a male.Cars arrive,drivers enter toilet block,drivers exit, cars drive off.
    Although it could be claimed that this is purely answering a call of nature I do not believe so.The Park is quite isolated from suburbia and not on a direct road to anywhere else.
    The question I now have is …. can I suggest to the local council and Parks Victoria that this public area/facility is being used for what a lot of people would consider to be peverse reasons or will I be prosecuted for “homophobia” or whatever the Alphabet People are banging on about this week ?

204. Herodotus

Alphabetophobia is coming fast.

205. dover_beach

Folau has his contract terminated for expressing his religious beliefs in the public square and the intellectual pygmy, IamMengele, argues this is not also a free speech and religious freedom issue.

206. He is putting his career and reputation on the line … presumably that’s worth a little bit at least.

…and it’s probably more than 95% of us will ever do in our lifetimes.

207. Cassie:

I recognise it, Cassie.
    It’s described very well in the opening chapters of every dystopian novel you’ve ever read.

208. egg:

Israel upsetting someone enough to get hacked?

His GoFundMe page just went poof?

Good one, Centurion.

209. Frosty:

Yep. I chucked $20 into the hat.
    Next time I’ll add a zero.
    Bugger ’em.
    They’ve managed to piss off a lot of cranky people.

210. Elderly White Man From Skipton

None: I was simply pointing out that if Izzy thinks all gays go to hell then he needs to cut off his arm, since the text that provides his belief requires that he believe equally that tattoos are the mark of evil.
    As for Cassie and other fans: you might think he is the greatest fullback in the country. I happen to think he’s a great athlete but a fairly ordinary rugby player, especially in his knowledge of positional play. Not that I expect you to agree at all, but it burns me up when he gets to behave like a one man band in a team sport that he’s not very knowledgeable about.
    Sorry to be not joining the pile-on here. But, you know, sometimes another opinion is useful.

211. Perplexed of Brisbane

When I had a look at the GoFundMe page and saw the appeals for the sick children, I noticed that most of those on the same page as Folau had already reached or surpassed their targets.

I wonder whether Folau’s appeal drew attention to their cause and may have prompted others to give some to them as well? I have never been to GoFundMe before and now never will again. Think of all those other worthy causes that will miss out on any donation I may have made.

I also suspect that those bleating the loudest about Folau haven’t given a cent to the children. I will think the best of them and assume that they have made sizeable donations to all the children anyway.

I suggest that they write to their MP’s and Senators and ask why children have to beg for money for medical treatment.

I have a solution. The Rabz doctrine enacted with speed and finality and the $1.2 billion used to finance these worthy causes. Or just give us back our shares of the $1.2b and let us decide who we might give it to.

212. The BigBlueCat

I see the usual suspect has been up to his old tricks again …

ICCPR Article 19 makes it clear regarding rights to freedom of expression. In my view, RA is in clear violation of that right. While Folau continues to have free agency, RA’s actions have sought to punish him for the things he posted. By punishing Folau, RA is making it clear to similar expressions will incur the same penalty. This will stifle “the freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, of through any other media of his choice”. If RA ultimately succeeds, the next person wanting to express themselves similar to Folau has been interfered with through the threat. That’s why it is a rights issue. Unfortunately, the usual suspect confuses free agency with freedom of rights.

But it is also a contractual issue covered by Fairwork Australia. If Folau has not signed an agreement that would prevent him under the terms of that agreement to express himself how he has, then RA cannot rely upon their perception of verbal assurances, especially where Folau disputes the verbal conversations. A classic case of “I said, you said” that like all verbal agreements isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. I reckon Fairwork Australia will rely on what has been signed, and if RA in sacking Folau has acted lawfully. Of course, RA has free agency to sack him – but if they have been unlawful then Folau is due restitution.

bosnich
    #3051813, posted on June 24, 2019 at 6:12 pm

I live not far away from that area – I reckon that when they closed the nudie beach at Campbells Cove, the pervs went to the coastal park. Campbells Cove was well known for “activities in the dunes”, which is one reason why it was closed to the nudists. As a frequent user of the park, you bloody-well should report it to Wyndham Council (as useless as they are) – it is a public area frequented by families and kids shouldn’t run the risk of seeing that behaviour. Get some rego numbers, and see the cops too.

213. The BigBlueCat

Elderly White Man From Skipton
    #3051978, posted on June 24, 2019 at 7:52 pm

But Folau doesn’t think all gays will go to hell … just those who don’t repent of their behaviours. The 1 Corinthians 6:9 passage speaks to people who were once like those listed in the passage. Folau quoted the passage not to condemn but to give hope for redemption. A hard concept for non-Christians to grasp, but the Apostle Paul was pointing out how those Corinthians were once apart from God, but via repentance and accepting Christ they have a share in the Kingdom of God, while those who don’t repent, won’t.

But those who reject the message are self-selecting to be apart from God. It’s not a controversial Christian point of view, and has nothing to do with Old Testament theology – it’s New Testament theology! And it’s got absolutely nothing to do with Folau damning anyone – the passage makes it clear they select themselves.

An entirely unnecessary concept for non-Christians to grasp. I don’t believe in Hell and even if it does exist, I doubt there’s anyone who knows for sure who’s going there and who ain’t. Keep on chanting Krishna because hey it might help, and can’t hurt, right? Krishna! Krishna! Krishna!

Yes, that’s the deeper point: does an employer own their employee like human propert,y or does the employee merely rent themselves out on a temporary basis while on the company clock. That’s the issue we are resolving here … a property rights issue. We need to know exactly where property rights end and whether brown people can be owned like they used to be … that’s a very fundamental question that the Australian courts are deciding for us.

There is a secondary property rights issue which goes a lot deeper, in as much as the admin staff who created this mess DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE PROPERTY that has been put at risk by this dispute. They themselves are employees, tasked to provide value to the shareholders, and not to pursue their own little hobby horses. They are responsible for maintaining the good reputation of their business, and quite frankly I don’t think the reputation of either RA or Qantas is all that bright at the moment. The fact that senior corporate executives have so much power to do what they heck they like with other people’s property and shareholders (i.e. owners) have so little power is a fundamental flaw in our corporatist implementation of capitalism … the SJW’s are not only fully aware of this flaw … they intend to exploit it to the utmost in order to destroy the joint.

I’m kind of happy to see an end to the mega-corporations but I’m darn nervous about what’s coming along to replace them.

215. The BigBlueCat

But exactly the point of freedom of expression. I gather you’re not particularly offended by Folau’s post then. Necessary or not (in your view), Folau’s post is the central gospel message of Christianity. Chanting has nothing to do with it, though if you think it helps, go right ahead.

216. The BigBlueCat

Iampeter
    #3051803, posted on June 24, 2019 at 6:04 pm
    Which part of “four year contract” don’t you understand?

Talk about beclowning yourself lol…

*claps*

In my view, Tim has it right and is apparently an actual expert in this area. Are you? Have you read RA’s Code of Conduct? Do you understand Contract law? Employment law? Human Rights law? I know enough about the Folau case to understand that it’s going to Fairwork Australia because Folau believes it to be unfair dismissal. He might even have a case for harassment.

But the rights issue is also clear – if RA’s actions dissuade others from making the same expression under fear of penalty, their right to freedom of expression has been breached. While they retain free agency to express themselves, under ICCPR Article 19, there is a case that RA has unduly interfered with their right to freedom of expression (not their free agency), and especially if their potential expressions are lawful.

217. Tim Neilson

[It’s then pointed out to Iamashiteater that Folau isn’t trying to enforce ‘leftist employment laws’, just the terms of a contract freely entered into by his employer.]

Poor old Iamashiteater. Not just too stupid to understand what others write – too stupid even to understand what he wrote.

It’s desperately sad.

218. Tim Neilson

This is of course the product of ignorance.

Folau was quoting the New Testament, not the Old Testament.

And one of the great themes of the New Testament is that Christians aren’t required to follow the purely cultural or ritualistic laws that were imposed on pre-Christian Judaism as recorded in the Old Testament.

E.g the rule against tattoos.

On the other hand, the text that Folau quoted accurately make it clear what the New Testament instructions are about a range of behaviours, including gay conduct.

People who want to engage in smartarse pontificating really need to work harder at understanding what it is that they’re pontificating about.

219. mh

Iampeter

You guys are clueless, Christian SJW’s.

Then Peter comes back to say some more. 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♀️

220. None

Chris Kenny is strong on the hypocrisy f people like Fitzsimons here but nhe’s basically taking pot shots at his fellow journalists. The media is still too busy talking about themselves and ignoring the people who hate their salaries and who have been denied the right to have their voices heard as they see fit

221. The Beer Whisperer

This is war.

They can sack you and stop you from defending yourself.

Just remember. They started it.

222. Iampeter

Then Peter comes back to say some more. 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♀️

I came back to laugh at the dummy who is trying to pretend this entire thread doesn’t exist and everyone was always arguing this is just a contract dispute and not a “free speech” and “religious freedom” issue.
    The sheer stupidity of that post and the doubling down that has followed couldn’t be passed up.

Basically this is a typical thread that we see from conservatives all the time these days. You are all arguing for censorship and other leftist rights violations, but are so confused about the basic concepts involved that you think you’re fighting for free speech.

You guys routinely make GetUp look intelligent.

223. JB of Sydney/Shanghai

For those who wish to donate to help Izzy…..

224. JB of Sydney/Shanghai

Try this …

Donate to help Izzy – Australian Christian Lobby
    Powered by your support, Israel Folau will fight for all Australians’ religious freedom. … fundraising platform GoFundMe shut down Israel Folau’s legal defence fund … spoken to Israel Folau to let him know that ACL will be donating $100,000 to …

225. A reader

It’s at nearly 500k already!

226. Elderly White Man From Skipton

I’m wondering what freedoms are being defended here. A freedom to deny employers a right to agree terms of behaviour for social media? A freedom to deny sponsors a right to withdraw money from people whose public statements conflict with their marketing goals? A freedom form any obligations to an employer that are based on public statements by the employee?
    Seriously: suppose the highly paid sports star said ” The Pope operates a criminal child abuse protection ring and should be jailed for life.” Or: “I think established religions are largely con artist rackets designed to prey on weak minds.”
    Would many of you be defending that sports star – who had agreed explicitly not to make such statements – when they had their contract withdrawn?

227. dover_beach

An entirely unnecessary concept for non-Christians to grasp.

It isn’t unnecessary if you are misconstruing a Christian admonition. Nor is believing in Hell necessary in order to understand the admonition.

228. None

Elderly white man – as has been stated time and time again there was no social media clause in his contract and he had never agreed to make any statement or not make any statements on his social media. In Andie case is rugby Australia owned his social media account then they fail to provide him with a safe workplace given the abuse he cops on it. But in any case no employer can contract away fundamental rights such as freedom of expression and freedom of religion. Qantas has every right as a sponsor to withdraw money anytime it likes although I’m pretty hard pressed to argue how having your dick up another man’s shithhole can actually be a commercial objective unless you’re running a gay brothel down at the Wall.