Open Forum: August 10, 2019

1,946 Responses to Open Forum: August 10, 2019

Mr Nicolin said while Ansell had moved some production out of China “mostly because of (the) trade war, it probably would have happened anyway, because China is frankly a very expensive place to produce in these days.

Condoms pulling out of China?

Andrew Hastie is a courageous man who has certainly belled the Giant Panda and in doing so has called forth the craven and wilfully blind in his own party.

They’re referring to you, Simon Birmingham.

Incidentally, Tinta, I noted earlier that Dave Sharma – who has more experience in international relations than Morrison’s entire front bench – has publicly backed Hastie.

3. Trader Perth

Re China…..I’m not sure we here in Aust. should care about the US/ China trade war. Our beef , mutton , grain exports are all up. Beef tonnage up 65% on last year. China has been good for Aust.

But if you have a serious back issue get a massage.

That’s what started my back problems lol

/Albo

5. Infidel Tiger

Would you rather a Maori lady or Asian lady working out the kinks in your back?

A strong dude with an unblemished record of heterosexuality.

6. Derp

pparently Lisa Wilkinson is being replaced on Teh Project by……Karl Stefonovic.

They also say she is currently holidaying in Italy with her husband “Peter Fitzgibbon”.
    That’s some A-grade journalistic attention to detail there.
    Maybe they have different head hankies so she can tell them apart.

7. Top Ender

Who is Peter FitzGibbonGibbon?

Empire

Kyle Bass has been negative on China for the past 15 years and has had his dick handed to him. He’s a hedge fund nonce and is possibly still rich because of the family he hails from. He was also short stocks all the way up too.

Stop reading Zero Hedge as it’s the Alex Jones site of the financial market interwebs.

9. Frank

The 59-year-old has taken to Instagram to set the record straight, with a photo taken during her recent European holiday with husband Peter Fitzgibbons.’

Sure she is.

10. thefrollickingmole

feelthebern
    #3129608, posted on August 12, 2019 at 6:00 pm
    The Maori woman has arm strength to do deep tissue.
    I don’t understand why there are so many Asian massage joints.
    They’re so tiny, there’s no way they can manipulate a westerners back properly.

Old Mrs Kyo Knight, god rest her soul, used to tend to my back when i was shearing.
    About 5′ tall, Japanese with hands and fingers like multigrip pliers.
    If you groaned at all while she was busy pushing a knotted shoulder through your ribcage shed just giggle and push harder.

But excellent results.

11. Top Ender

Where is Peter FitzGibbonGibbonGibbon?

12. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Sorry to hear about the sciatica, Tinta. Nerve pain is miserable. I had a few weeks with bursitis in one hip, shooting pain down a nerve, no real reason for its onset, but it was fixed by a miraculous specialist doctor with a great big needle full of cortisone. Immediate marvelous relief and the problem has never returned; I was back to ballet within two more weeks.

I enjoy any sort of massage and I’m glad you are finding it works for you. One of the best things you can do for yourself medically, I think. Thai massage is over the clothes and is serious manipulation, best if gentle I find. My fave is the oil on skin massage, sends me almost to sleep, like some sort of chook with its head being stroked. Not an old chook, of course. With my skin? Perish the thought. 🙂

China has been good for Aust.

Trade with China, yes; China not so much.

14. Helen

I emailed three times for two comments of mine and received no answer, Tinta, what do you do to elicit a response?

JC

#3129582, posted on August 12, 2019 at 5:29 pm

Leigh and Bern

It was the funniest show ever and the reckon Larry is a closet Republican too.

Yep.
    Curb Your Enthusiasm certainly takes the piss out of Hollywood wankers and Californian fruit-loops in general.
    I’ve said here a few times that the Jeff Greene character (played by Jeff Garlin) is a dead-ringer for Harvey Weinstein, both in appearance and shitty behaviour.

16. Helen

My Korean lady masseuse tears my back apart – she uses elbow and full body weight on that – hard core.

17. Empire 5:5

JC

Knowing you would spaz on ZH:

Officials in China have tried in vain to get the outbreak under control to protect the country’s roughly 440 million pigs, which make up more than half of all pigs on earth. So far, it says it has culled 1.2 million pigs, putting thousands of small producers out of business. McCracken and others say that is a significant underestimate.

Do a dig on how the PRC feeds itself and demand for animal protein. If the disease cannot be contained within weeks, China will need to import pork in large quantities this coming winter. It’s a good time to be a US pig farmer.

feelthebern
    #3129608, posted on August 12, 2019 at 6:00 pm
    The Maori woman has arm strength to do deep tissue.
    I don’t understand why there are so many Asian massage joints.
    They’re so tiny, there’s no way they can manipulate a westerners back properly

But velly, velly good for plostate exam with little finger.
    Tim Mathieson tell me so.

19. Perth Trader

Empire 5.5…..if the Aust pollies got off there ass we could get a big chunk of that market.

20. feelthebern

A man can never get a massage from a man.
    Just unsavory.

Des Deskperson

#3129590, posted on August 12, 2019 at 5:43 pm

“…. running hard on issues like whether pink nail-polish was out of favour for the summer of 1992, or which Bay City Roller is your perfect match.’

Love your work, Leigh, but Lisa would have been about 12 around the time that the Bay City Rollers had their 15 minutes

Des, puh-lease.
    The Cat is a truth-optional blog since the return of Mr 137 Pussent.

22. Top Ender

Why is Peter FitzGibbonGibbonGibbonGibbon?

Enough already!

23. Top Ender

Some Uber and UberEats drivers are bypassing security checks which ensure they have a valid drivers licence, the right to work in Australia, and no criminal history, by renting accounts from other drivers for as much as $300 a week.

The Australian has uncovered a “black market” of Uber accounts up for rent in Facebook groups and GumTree advertisements, raising concerns over passenger safety.

Uber requires all potential drivers to undergo a “thorough screening process”, according to a spokeswoman for Uber, which checks the drivers motor vehicle records, including drivers license, work permit, and a criminal records check.

Drivers who fail the checks on any of these counts, or had their account deactivated, can still gain access to the platform and drive passengers, by renting accounts online, according to several former and current UberX and UberEats drivers.

David, a former Uber driver, who did not wish to have his last name published, sent The Australian screenshots of him renting an UberEats account, after he posted in a Facebook group asking if anyone had an “UberEats bag” for sale, which has become a black market code for accounts for rent.

“I simply joined these groups and I said ‘oh I’m looking for an UberEats account’ and within five minutes I had his account and was logged into it,” David told The Australian.

The person renting out the account demanded $250 a week in rent, on the basis David was earning between $400-500 a week.

UberEats accounts are easier to rent because customers picking up food are less likely to check the number plate of the driver, but UberX accounts are also on the market.

David went through several different advertisements for “uber car for rent” before he found an UberX account holder on Gumtree, who was willing to send him his login details and rent his car, for a 20 per cent cut of David’s earnings.

Another Uber driver, Fabrice, started a Facebook group for UberEats drivers, and was forced to ban people trying to buy or sell UberEats bags because of the scam. He said it is not just ruining legitimate drivers reputations but posing a massive security risk to passengers and people who use the delivery service.

Oz

24. mh

feelthebern
    #3129645, posted on August 12, 2019 at 6:33 pm
    A man can never get a massage from a man.
    Just unsavory.

Was there movement, bern?

Do you reckon they modeled the character a little on Big Fat Harvey? they could have. Good catch.

I swear this..back in the mid 90s we took a vacation in Florida and had lunch at a cool hotel in Miami. Big Fat Harv was a few tables away with his then family. He was hoeing into a plate of french fries all by himself. Wifey and her friend were totally grossed by his eating.
    I was grossed out to the point where I got slightly turned off french fries. He looked like a complete pig. He had this angry, churlish look about him too. He was just focused on those fries.

26. Nick

A strong dude with an unblemished record of heterosexuality.

Soft, small female, Asian paws

Emp

So they have a slight pig problem. So they eat some chicken 🙂

28. Cassie of Sydney

“mh
    #3129585, posted on August 12, 2019 at 5:31 pm
    I think the biggest clap and roar from the audience came when he said Turnbull pretended to be a conservative, but turned out to he a snake. A certain libertarian (Sinc) in my vicinity meekly said ‘I love you Malcolm’. He was drowned out. 😁

How embarrassing.

Farage is wrong of course, Turnbull has never pretended to be a conservative.”

No…Turdbull pretended to be a Liberal….and that was a lie too. What were the Turd’s words at his departing press conference last August…amazing to think that we are coming up to a year since the Turd committed hari kari on himself…..what were his words again….oh yes that’s right…..the Turd was proud that he had led a “progressive government”….as in a globalist, elitist, smug, global warming spruiking government and the list goes on. The only good thing about the Turd was that after a lifetime of undermining, smearing and destroying other people’s careers…..he destroyed his own prime ministership! And that was gratifying. However his ongoing malice, venom and putrid narcissism continues to haunt the Liberal party….he deliberately white anted Dave Sharma’s campaign last September and October which gifted us that utterly vile slag Phelps…….yes maybe only for 7 months…but that was 7 months too long. I will only be happy when he is expelled from the Liberal party but that won’t happen. Anyway..on a positive note, I am happy that Sharma spoke up for Hastie….that shows that Dave has some backbone.

29. John Constantine

China requires massive amounts of cheap meat to import.

On cue and cash for comment, their western media and united nations call for sin taxes on meat and immediate envegination of the western diet.

Comrade Maaaaates.

30. Perth Trader

It would take China 2.5 days to eat Austs total 12 months of pork production .

31. Cassie of Sydney

In late 2013 I suffered from severe sciatica pain…I had never experienced pain like that….I found acupuncture very helpful.

Arkancide

Where the risk of being killed by a “falling fridge” far outweighs that of a muz zo.

33. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Kitchen news: the splash backs are in. Chinese men with courteous caution finally got them in place today. The mirror one is sending me into thoughts of keeping out of the kitchen and thereby losing some weight before I return. Also sent me for a skin-improving facial; keeping up appearances looms critically large in the relentless imaging in there. The pizzas and other eating out plus the recent travels must have been worth three kilos at least. Tinta, one good thing, we must look on the bright side. There are virtues in being short. When you visit next you can see our harbor view reflected in the mirror splash back, and very pretty it looks too. Taller women and men miss out on this. They get a hint of water reflection in the cupboards but the mirrors only show them some nearby greenery. Get down to my level, and enjoy, I encourage Hairy. He bends down to my eye level and I suddenly feel like quite a midget. He has to admit that it looks good though from where I stand.

The dispute over the headboards is looking like being settled, at least on Friday at ours they were admitting that it can be done, which they said it could not when I complained about what they had initially come up with. My neighbor came in today for a dekko, and I have added her to my list of female friends who think that leaving things as they are would have been a mistake. Funding the change is currently with their Managing Director. Hope he is a sensible man. The weight of female opinion is against him. As are a couple of house magazines I keep handy for ammunition.

34. Tintarella di Luna

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #3129621, posted on August 12, 2019 at 6:11 pm

Thanks Lizzie. I will advise of any response.

We’re in for a night of Q&A smugness:

Tony Jones joins philosopher/author A. C. Grayling, Minister for Population & Cities Alan Tudge, Shadow Minister for the Environment & Water Terri Butler, historian/broadcaster Clare Wright and people’s panellist Li Shee Su.

36. Tintarella di Luna

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #3129659, posted on August 12, 2019 at 6:44 pm

Lizzie glad to know it’s all nearly done and dusted (dusty) — will look forward to seeing the renovated domestic hub – as for the mirrors I just look past the horror to the harbour so I’m never tempted to stay out of the kitchen.

Butler probably got wet from the youtube clips with Peterson.

38. Cassie of Sydney

I can’t wait to see the new kitchen Lizzie.

39. John Constantine

The global red meat complex is currently being cannibalised by China demand.

Australia’s breeding herds and flocks are being eaten into to meet short term demand.

No cheap animal feed for factory farmed meat in Australia for a hundred days or more until next harvest.

If the pig plague finishes soon, things bounce back rapidly. If it lasts another year, it gets global serious.

The chance of it going zoonotic like monkey Ebola is non zero. Feed hundreds of millions of plague pigs to hundreds of millions of poor Chinese and wait for one mutation.

Doesn’t have to crossover to many people to make it the end of pork in China.

40. Empire 5:5

Perth Trader
    #3129644, posted on August 12, 2019 at 6:32 pm

Perth Trader
    #3129656, posted on August 12, 2019 at 6:42 pm
    It would take China 2.5 days to eat Austs total 12 months of pork production .

Fast dig.

45 has ScoMo on a short leash, but we ain’t got much spare hog anyhows.

Shadow Minister for the Environment & Water Terri Butler,

Didn’t she beclown herself, fairly monumentally, on said Q and A, over the issue of computer rooms for Aboriginal students only?

Their traditional Abo computer room?

They were probably running traditional Abo computer algorithms on the Emu Constellation?

44. Tintarella di Luna

Helen
    #3129636, posted on August 12, 2019 at 6:24 pm

We’re in for a night of Q&A smugness

Opportunity lost.

If only they’d exchanged Birmingham for Tudge they could’ve been eligible for a Guinness World Record for “most smug panel ever”.

Tudge for Birmingham, rather.

47. Tintarella di Luna

Their traditional Abo computer room?

She had to cough up money because she defamed the students all over again. Just before she made the defamatory comments she said she knew how things worked because she was a lawyer 🤣

48. Geriatric Mayfly

Shadow Minister for the Environment & Water Terri Butler,

Currently weeping fake tears over native grasses.

Thankfully, the CSIRO leads the world in insect derived protein for human consumption.

50. Empire 5:5

Trump will SPAM China.

“They reneged on the deal, so I porked them. It’s important to retaliate when someone does that, you know, breaks their promise, when they never intended to keep it, maybe? No really- your favourite President- I porked them and we got a better deal instead. This time we had time on our side.”

51. Tintarella di Luna

(Shadow)Shallow Minister for the Environment & Water Terri Butler works well for all the Labor bints with shallow portfolios

52. Cassie of Sydney

“Tintarella di Luna
    #3129677, posted on August 12, 2019 at 7:03 pm
    Helen
    #3129636, posted on August 12, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Helen if I don’t get a response I will take it further – Cassie is the expert – I usually don’t bother but this time I am really cheesed off by ahistorical numpties who think history only started in 1990.”

ESCALATE…ESCALATE…ESCALATE…that’s what I do.

insect derived protein for human consumption.

The Canberra beehive?

54. Robber Baron

computer rooms for Aboriginal students only?

Land rights.

55. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I should have a Kittehs afternoon tea. We could use my special antique afternoon tea set for six. And my very best teapot, the one that is a dead ringer for the one Mrs. Thatcher used to wield. I do not have one of those 3 plate stacking thingo’s but I am sure I could remedy that with a trip to Westfields. Hairy can depart to the gym. Dress code would be threads of choice, but not threadbare. Such an occasion requires standards to be on show. Hats may be worn of course. 🙂

56. Infidel Tiger

As twostix has often opined here, it is a national disgrace that Australian families now have to eat chicken rather than beef, lamb and pork.

Ahhhh – Terri Butler.

I just can’t help it. She always reminds me of Lynne

58. Tintarella di Luna

Hats may be worn of course. 🙂

Oh gooodie

59. pete m

The coup against Turnbull was so bugled he remains PM … oh wait ….

Savva is plumbing new moron depths if she thinks it was about changing PM for a conservative as opposed to getting rid of Turnbull first and last.

60. pete m

bungled – ha nice typo you did there champ!

61. Geriatric Mayfly

insect derived protein for human consumption.
    Eating Mayflies is murder.

62. Infidel Tiger

Hong Kong Airport cancels flights as protests continue

This doesn’t look good.

Our friends the Chicoms…

63. Tintarella di Luna

Ahhhh – Terri Butler.

I just can’t help it. She always reminds me of Lynne

Yes the natural-dyed page-boy hair cut and the red-gash maw

Infidel Tiger

#3129693, posted on August 12, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Indeed.
    I saw an ABC report about the price of lamb where a butcher was saying that he was being squeezed on lamb because of substitutes like … chicken.
    We just looked at each other.
    What sort of parallel universe is this?
    Chicken is a substitute for lamb like red cordial is a substitute for Grange.

65. Nick

Chris Smith on Bolt tonight, had the quote of the day ‘the loons protesting to bring us the Communism that young people in HK are fighting against’

66. John Constantine

When considering your environmental footprint, you might picture the plastic in your bin, or the number of lights on in your home. But what’s often overlooked is the harm from our own dinner plate.

Feeding the world’s 7.6 billion people, with our current diets and methods of producing food, already puts a huge strain on the planet. It is destroying habitat, polluting and draining waterways and contributing to global warming, according to a University of Oxford study. The global food system is responsible for more than a quarter of all greenhouse gas emissions. Animal products are the worst for this, contributing to more than half of the different emissions from food, despite supplying only 37% of our protein and 18% of our calories.

67. Empire 5:5

Word on the street is some HK protestors are sporting MAGA caps and Q t-shirts.

We the people. We want pork security. And we want the CPC to fark orf.

68. Cassie of Sydney

“Savva is plumbing new moron depths”

Savva regularly….always…..plumbs to a sewer of utter grubbiness, lies and smears. That’s her shtick….she’s operates as a smug and very grubby smear merchant…a rodent in a sewer in inner city Surry Hills has more integrity and moral fibre than Savva…..actually she’s.a mediocre gossip columnist. Her sleaze about Abbott and Credlin back in early 2016 was utterly putrid, disgraceful and unforgivable.

Chicken is a substitute for lamb like red cordial is a substitute for Grange.

When I was a lad, a roast chicken was reserved for special occasions but we ate lamb at least three times a week.

Little did we know how privileged we were.

70. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Nope. I don’t consider any of that.

We are off out to dinner to celebrate the new kitchen.
    The splash backs can’t be wiped yet, that’s my excuse.
    Instructions straight from the Chinese. 🙂

71. hzhousewife

We are finding Chris Smith to be very refreshing. He is articulate, energetic and covers a wide range of topics, a true improvment to the Skynews channel. Wouldn’t miss Bolt if he didn’t return.

I like roast chicken. In fact I just had it for dinner.

73. notafan

But TE who on earth would be in Australia without a valid driver’s licence and the right to work?

Just impossible.

74. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Hairy will go for a steak house. I am in the mood for Chinese.
    His environmental footprint is huge and it will probably win.

Unless lamb is slow cooked like for 2.4 billion years, it tastes awful. Anyway, stay away from lamb as it’s too mid eastern. Eat beef and pork.

76. max

The line she put this afternoon was that Turnbull’s ‘Praetorian Guard’, Dutton and Corman, had betrayed him and that he tried really, really hard to include the conservatives in everything he did. No mention of Tony Abbott in the bit I heard.

Empire 5:5
    #3129710, posted on August 12, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Word on the street is some HK protestors are sporting MAGA caps and Q t-shirts.

We the people. We want pork security. And we want the CPC to fark orf.

Those Hong Kongers are so brave. almost as brave as our Extinction Rebellion crowd.

78. John Constantine

laser pointers beat the security cameras they shine into, but hard to get all of them.

American lamb??

80. Nick

Those 16 year olds in HK are brave. Our lot think that taking a day off school is big time.

81. Bruce in WA

Little did we know how privileged we were.

I remember Dad buying crayfish (as they were then) when I was a kid for 2s 6d a pair. Chicken, however, was reserved for Christmas, birthdays etc. and was one Dad knocked the head off from our chook-pen down the backyard.

82. Cassie of Sydney

“hzhousewife
    #3129716, posted on August 12, 2019 at 7:41 pm
    We are finding Chris Smith to be very refreshing. He is articulate, energetic and covers a wide range of topics, a true improvement to the Skynews channel. Wouldn’t miss Bolt if he didn’t return.”

AGREE! He’s not a pussy cat like Bolt. Love Credlin too….Peta Credlin doesn’t mince words whereas Andrew always want everyone to like him.

American lamb??

LOl.. I think that’s what turned me off. There’s nothing more disgusting than American Lamb. It’s mutton dressed as lamb. In fact it’s even worse then mutton.

84. Bruce in WA

Australian and (God help me) NZ lamb is beautiful. US lamb, tainted by the shit it feeds on, is truly awful — gamey and rank, no matter what you do to it.

Hey, great time for Springer-Jones and sour tits to be heading off to China. He’s hoping they gulag the two arseholes. It would a riot if that happened. Half the country would be hoping the Chinese would keep there forever.

87. Cassie of Sydney

“Bruce in WA
    #3129735, posted on August 12, 2019 at 7:53 pm””

British lamb is nice…..so is French lamb. American lamb is utterly ghastly.

88. John Constantine

Plainclothes chicom squads flogging protesting students with staffs.

89. Mater

There’s nothing more disgusting than American Lamb.

American coffee (with the odd exception).

Both their beef and pork is better though. I really like both.

91. Empire 5:5

I knew a Seppo bird who smelled like mutton. Maybe she wasn’t really 18 after all. She did have severe hail damage.

It was acceptable in the 80s.

She did have severe hail damage.

Dandruff?

93. hzhousewife

Hey, great time for Springer-Jones and sour tits to be heading off to China.

Yep, I have been silently celebrating their leaving the country for a while now, has to be soon, surely.

94. mh

JC, you’re all over the place lately. You are comparing mollycoddled Australian millennials who have the same position as the Uniparty on climate change, to HK students fighting to save what remains of liberty against the Chinese Communist Party?

95. zyconoclast

mh

Don’t be silly, Our Extinction Rebellion heroes are the bravest people around. Their bravery in holding up traffic by gluing themselves to the road, causing mischief on busy city streets then going home to mum and dad… That’s bravery. The Honkers have nothing on these brave souls.

P
    #3129699, posted on August 12, 2019 at 7:26 pm

Cathay Pacific shares slump after China cracks down on staff protests

BEIJING/HONG KONG (Reuters) – Shares in Cathay Pacific Airways (0293.HK) fell more than 4% to close to a 10-year low on Monday after the Hong Kong flag carrier became caught in crosswinds between Beijing and pro-democracy groups in the Asian financial hub.

98. mh

Sarc tags can be appropriate on occasions.

99. zyconoclast

Epstein’s Autopsy Results Delayed “Pending Further Information”

The much-anticipated results of the New York City medical examiner’s autopsy of Jeffrey Epstein have been released… kinda… saying its determination is “pending further information at this time.”

Statement from Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Barbara Sampson:

Today, a medical examiner performed the autopsy of Jeffrey Epstein.

The ME’s determination is pending further information at this time.

At the request of those representing the decedent, and with the awareness of the federal prosecutor, I allowed a private pathologist (Dr. Michael Baden) to observe the autopsy examination.

This is routine practice.

My office defers to the involved law enforcement agencies regarding other investigations around this death.

Inquiries regarding the determination of the Chief Medical Examiner should be directed towards my office.

So, the autopsy is complete? What further information could the ME need? Instructions?

On a side note, the private pathologist, demanded by Epstein’s attorneys, Dr. Michael Baden, was the city’s chief medical examiner in the late 1970s and has been called as an expert witness in high-profile cases including by the defense at O.J. Simpson’s 1994 murder trial.

Of course, this unusual delay will merely spur further uncertainty and the all around ‘conspiracy theory’ feel to this whole debacle.

What are the odds that Epstein’s body gets misplaced? Or accidentally cremated?

Mater

#3129741, posted on August 12, 2019 at 7:55 pm

There’s nothing more disgusting than American Lamb.

American coffee (with the odd exception).

It’s getting better.
    Brew anything and then keep it on the simmer for hours and it will taste like shit.

101. John Constantine

Just need the proper lamb menu, here is how sheep were eaten before Big Australia made us so rich that we can afford to have takeaway coffee while onthe move as breakfast.

Monday.
    Breakfast: Wheatmeal porridge and milk; lamb’s fry and bacon; hot scones and rolls; jam; tea and coffee.

Lunch: Rissoles and bacon; cold meat; salad; pastry and scones; tea.

Dinner: Tomato soup; roast mutton; baked and boiled potatoes; cabbage; stewed pears and cream; baked custard.

Tuesday

Breakfast: Porridge and honey; grilled chops with tomatoes; eggs; scones and toast.

Lunch: Sheep’s head broth; brains on toast; cold roast mutton; mashed potatoes; salads.

Dinner: Re-heated broth; stuffed shoulder of mutton and mint sauce; baked and boiled potatoes; steamed silver beet; steamed honey pudding; custard; fruit.

One wonders just how many sheep farmer Birch had left.

102. Eyrie

“The eating of sheep is a disgusting and deplorable habit, for which there is no hope of redemption. Go and bang your head on the floor, until you are forgiven.”
    Agreed. if God had intended man to eat sheep, she would not have invented cows.

mh
    #3129751, posted on August 12, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Sarc tags can be appropriate on occasions.

Like really, you needed sarc tags? You really have to stop this stupid shit, mh. It’s very unlike you and not appreciated. 🙂

104. feelthebern

Hawaiian coffee is the best on the planet.

105. Frank

The Honkers have nothing on these brave souls.

These brave souls would be having earnest discussions at the women collective about their position with respect to the students in HK. Torn between wanting to support them in their struggle and realising that as being anti-establishment puts them at odds with socialism in this case.

106. feelthebern

Lamb is the food of the arab & the greek.
    Be suspicious of all those who promote it.

107. Ellie

Did your hear about the Amish girl who was excommunicated?

Too Menonite.

108. mh

I don’t wish back spasms on any woman that is not in my bed, but I cannot see Serena winning a Major again.

🇦🇺 Margaret Court’s record of 24 Grand Slam singles titles looks safe.

109. feelthebern

In the US, premium restaurants have Aussie or Kiwi lamb on the menu.
    & Alaskan crab.
    Without exception.

110. feelthebern

Did I read upthread someone has Chinese installed splash backs?
    Don’t tell IT.

111. Boambee John

Hop over to Jo Nova.

Prof Andy Pitman is showing clear signs of seeing the writing on the wall. No connection between climate change and droughts.

First Bob Brown, then Michael Moore, now one of the apostles of climate change.

Chinese Tariffs Rock US Lobster Exports

They’re really cheap. Go there and gorge on them. I had a 3 pounder at one of the steak houses and elsewhere. Main lobster is truly fucking delicious.

113. max

Comment on a HK forum:

Richard Scotford

I was very close to the girl before she got shot in the face.
    It was near the junction of Nathan and Austin Road, by the bus stops. The whole area was full of medics and people in bright yellow clothes, indicating they were not protesters and keeping clear of the main fray at the police gate. Pretty much all the protesters were much further south, down Nathan Rd.
    About 5 minutes before she was shot, I literally saw and heard a white projectile fly past my face. This was not a CS canister as it made a swish sound, and it didn’t make any noise against the shop front like canisters do. I was dressed clearly in yellow and orange. I turned to face the back end of the police station and could just make out a darkened balcony, with about 3 figures on it. Prior to that, you wouldn’t even know there was a balcony there in the night time.
    There was no doubt in my mind, they tried to headshot me and missed. There was no one else within metres of me. Definitely not any black clad protesters. I crouched down behind the wall, and behind one of the large Banyans.
    About 5 minutes later, the girl was shot 15 metres from me.
    There isn’t a single doubt in my mind that who ever was shooting could see they were firing at people who were clearly visible as medics or media.

You are thinking of mutton which makes a great curry, but takes a long time. Have you tried a magic pot? Significantly more complicated to use than an ordinary pot but does an excellent job with curried meat.

On the other hand, lamb cutlets can quickly be cooked over charcoal and taste great … or so I’m told … one day I’ll be able to afford them. I still hold onto some vague memories of childhood BBQs.

115. mh

There’s no video of Jeffrey Epstein’s apparent suicide: sources

And

Jeffrey Epstein wasn’t checked on for hours before apparent suicide: report

116. feelthebern

LOL.
    Jennifer Oriel from the Oz is on Sky.
    She’s botoxed within an inch of her life.

Boambee John

#3129767, posted on August 12, 2019 at 8:21 pm

Hop over to Jo Nova.

First Bob Brown, then Michael Moore, now one of the apostles of climate change.

This is a major concession given the current NSW drought which the alarmists have been playing; and it combines with another star of alarmism, Professor Muller, who noted alarmism does not cause extreme weather.

When you combine this with the findings of the Al Gore court case which found NO consequences of alarmism.

So we are left with a theory, alarmism, which has no effects. That is, human emissions of CO2 control the weather: to do nothing.

118. DrBeauGan

It’s six thirty odd in the morning here and Maria has cancelled our date today to teach her English. Pleading a bad headache last night.

I thought headaches were for something entirely different.

119. Megan

I would fly to Sydney for a Kitteh’s afternoon tea at your place, Lizzie! I am an excellent scone maker and would be delighted to test out your new oven for you!

Load of cobblers … I would be getting at least 80% of my protein from animal products, if you include fish, and how would those guys have any idea what I eat anyway?

121. Infidel Tiger

The Chinks must be brought to heel.

An abhorrent regime.

122. max

Nick, have you pulled your money out of HK ? I ask because I’m debating what to do.

123. pete m

Best lamb I’ve eaten was shank cooked in dunedin NZ in a drizzle of mango juice, dijon mustard and orange chutney. It was a long roast and the meat was amazingly tender. My wife had some chicken dish I had stupidly agreed to swap half way through with – she always, without fail, picks the worst menu item and ends up always looking at mine lovingly, so I had no choice. She nearly died when tasting the shank and gobbled it up. I tried to get at the bone and leftover juices but she wouldn’t hear of it – ordered more bread and told me to f off. I could easily be convinced to fly over the ditch just for that meal.

We like doing lamb chops in the oven – lightly salted -cooked quickly.

Prices now getting into mid $40’s per kilo which is rough!

124. max

Many protestors today have donned a patch over their rght eyes in solidarity with the young female medic who was shot in the eye with a bean bag bullet by police in TST last night, likely blinding her in that eye for life.

125. feelthebern

Jennifer Oriel is a retard.

There’s no video of Jeffrey Epstein’s apparent suicide: sources

Jeffrey Epstein wasn’t checked on for hours before apparent suicide: report

I’m starting the book on when his apartment catches fire.

Probably pretty soon, how about mid September?

127. Nick

I’m waiting for the AUD to drop more, Max

128. chrisl

I was chopping wood today and came across a few witchetty grubs
    Good eating apparently
    And bogong moths are a delicacy
    Good grief
    You would have to be desperate

129. Empire 5:5

Dandruff?

Cellulite.

I’m starting the book on when his apartment catches fire.

Probably pretty soon, how about mid September?

Whatever has been removed will be suddenly found to be compromised, or contaminated.
    Sure, some B-Graders will cop it to satisfy the public, but no-one in the inner circle is going down.
    They needed personal testimony from Epstein to make that stick.

131. Nick

Cellulite

Yeah, a few dings in the chassis

132. feelthebern

Epstein would have to have a some form of deadman’s switch.

feelthebern

#3129792, posted on August 12, 2019 at 8:54 pm

Epstein would have to have a some form of deadman’s switch.

Huh?

No no no … they left it all in the apartment pristine and untouched specifically to AVOID any contamination.

Who could possibly have expected that firebomb to random be launched in through a window from an invisible and untraceable passing car? I mean really, you can hardly expect anyone to protect against these extremely unlikely events. Be a bit reasonable.

A. Prince Andrew.
    B. Christopher Steele.
    C. Alexander Downer.
    D. Former Brit Ambassador to the US Kim Darroch.
    Any close personal connections between any of the above?

136. Cassie of Sydney

feelthebern
    #3129784, posted on August 12, 2019 at 8:44 pm
    Jennifer Oriel is a retard.”

Why? I don’t think she is a retard. I like her….she writes great pieces for the Oz.

No no no … they left it all in the apartment pristine and untouched specifically to AVOID any contamination.

They fuckin’ what???

138. Nick

A. Prince Andrew.
    B. Christopher Steele.
    C. Alexander Downer.
    D. Former Brit Ambassador to the US Kim Darroch.
    Any close personal connections between any of the above?

They all know an old queen

139. Bruce in WA

Two couples driving around NZ. My friend and I ordered lamb shanks that night at dinner — well, you have to, right.

Absolutely superb … rich brown gravy with chopped tomato base, gelatinous meat just oozing off the bone, mashed potato … crusty bread.

After dinner, my mate asked the waitress as she cleared the table to ask the kitchen how the shanks were done because fabulous.

She came back a few minutes later — “Chef says 8 minutes 30 in the microwave. They’re pre-cooked and frozen”.

140. mh

Is China’s concern over a possible US dollar shortage risk forcing companies to sell overseas assets?

* China’s need for US dollars to repay debts, pay for imports and fund Belt and Road initiative projects may exceed its US$3.1 trillion in foreign exchange reserves

The Chinese holding company bought the Waldorf for a record US$1.95 billion in 2014, but under pressure from the Chinese government, is reported to be seeking buyers for the 375 flats at the hotel despite a glut of unsold luxury flats in Manhattan. In total, it is aiming to shed a portfolio of assets that includes 15 hotels having, like other highly leveraged Chinese conglomerates with overseas investments, been placed under scrutiny by Beijing.

Chinese real estate mogul Wang Jianlin’s Dalian Wanda Group has dumped US$25 billion in assets since 2017, while troubled conglomerate HNA Group was forced to sell everything from Hong Kong land parcels, to its stakes in Deutsche Bank, Hilton Grand Vacations as well as its airlines. Chinese oil giant CEFC China Energy also wants to sell 100 properties worldwide…Anbang Insurance Group’s plan to sell its condos at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York is the latest in the string of high-profile Chinese divestments that underscores China’s concern that the nation is running short of US dollars.

141. Best lamb I’ve eaten was shank cooked in dunedin NZ in a drizzle of mango juice, dijon mustard and orange chutney. It was a long roast and the meat was amazingly tender.

The best shanks i had was on the Mornington Peninsula at the marina before i left Oz.

Slow cooked with whole garlic, chilli and capsicum and baby onions with honey added to the sauce, hot sticky and sweet, one of the best meals i ever had.

142. mh

Sorry, stuffed that one up.

Remember when Epstein was beaten up in July … allegedly, by a mysterious “former police officer” who happened to be in county?

Jeffrey Epstein, the disgraced financier facing charges of sex trafficking involving dozens of underage girls, was found unconscious in a Manhattan jail cell with injuries to his neck, US media reported late on Wednesday, citing unidentified sources …

Lawyers for Nicholas Tartaglione, a former police officer charged in a quadruple homicide case who is also at the jail, responded to reports that he had been questioned in relation to Epstein’s alleged injuries.

“Any suggestion that Mr Tartaglione assaulted anyone is a complete fabrication. This story is being leaked to retaliate against Mr Tartaglione for complaining to the court about the deplorable conditions at the MCC,” Bruce Barket said in a statement.

A quick Google discovers this story, dated three days earlier:

Ex-cop Nicholas Tartaglione had phone while in custody in quadruple killing case.

Tartaglione killed those four men at his brother Michael Tartaglione’s club. I’m guessing mafia.
    Epstein was arrested and jailed at the Metropolitan Correctional Facility in lower Manhattan on 6 July. The phone was reportedly confiscated from Tartaglione on 3 July.

144. Bruce in WA

Leg of Aussie lamb. Use a large knife to dig channels (holes) into the leg. Push in sliced raw garlic and rosemary sprigs. Rub with olive oil. Salt and pepper. Drizzle balsamic glaze back and forth over the meat. Bake in a medium oven (180) until a meat thermometer says “rare”. Remove. Cover with double layers of foil. Let stand for at least 15 minutes. Make gravy from pan juices. Serve with roast veggies of choice and green, minted peas. Mint sauce or jelly is mandatory.

Enjoy. I’m just off to take my Light’n’easy frozen meal out of the microwave! 🙁

145. chrisl

Best lamb I ever had was in Dublin at (not the hole in the wal pub but the other one) We had flown in from Toulouse France with al it’s. French frippery and just wanted something plain and familiar
    Fantastic

146. mh

Will Robert Maxwell’s daughter spill paedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s secrets to FBI? Rumours swirl that Ghislaine Maxwell is ready to co-operate US authorities

Ghislaine Maxwell was last night reported to be ready to co-operate with the American authorities in their ongoing investigation into Prince Andrew’s late friend Jeffrey Epstein.

The socialite daughter of the disgraced late media tycoon Robert Maxwell has been accused of recruiting underage girls for the financier Epstein, her benefactor and sometime boyfriend.

She has even been described as the ‘madam of the house’ by a former housekeeper at Epstein’s mansion in Palm Beach, Florida. Hitherto, she has always emphatically denied misconduct…

Set fire to railway sleeper.
    Kill sheep.
    Gut sheep.
    Shave sheep.
    Stick a star picket up sheep’s arse.
    Add salt, but nothing else.
    Rotate over coals until sheep is cooked.
    The end.
    Fuckin’ balsamic.
    Really?

148. Sinclair Davidson

Lizzie – Ellie gave an eye-witness report of CPAC here.

149. Bruce in WA

Fuckin’ balsamic.

Yep. Magnificent glaze over the meat.

Philistine!

150. Nob

Live Tassie lobster was going for $100/kg last year and that’s only about 35% meat recovery compared to meatier Maine lobsters.

151. Bruce in WA

New season’s WA rock lobster (chilled, not frozen) were $50 each — and bloody small!

152. Cassie of Sydney

“Sinclair Davidson
    #3129829, posted on August 12, 2019 at 9:26 pm”

Sinc…it was great seeing you on Sunday at CPAC….and you gave a great talk too. Thanks.

Cats….I thoroughly recommend attending CPAC next year….I’ll be going again….it was wonderful to be amongst like minded people…..it was a great three days.

153. Zyconoclast

Universal Cancels ‘The Hunt’ Release

Universal Pictures has canceled the release of its upcoming thriller “The Hunt.” The film was previously set to hit theaters Sept. 27.

The original title was Blue State vs Red State

Set fire to railway sleeper.
    Kill sheep.
    Gut sheep.
    Shave sheep.

Some moron tried that trick up here, a couple of years ago. He was fleeing the ensuing bushfire, when one of the volunteer firies, in the truck coming the other way – an ex – copper – recognized him as someone “known to police.”

Nob

#3129843, posted on August 12, 2019 at 9:36 pm

Maine lobsters are relatively cheap compared with Australian lobster/crayfish.
    Sure, they are different beasts – the Maine lobster is a bit sweeter, maybe more like langoustine.
    But the beauty is, you can drive out to a lobster pound, pick some of any size – 1 pound, 1.5 pounds, 2 pounds – live from the tanks, have them cooked on the spot and take them home and eat them.
    That will beat mostly anything we can buy here.

Jennifer Oriel is a retard.

No, she’s not. Stick to the abc bitches and the rest of the feministas.

157. Geriatric Mayfly

All this fancy talk from plutocrats. What’s wrong with a good feed of yabbies?

cohenite

#3129867, posted on August 12, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Jennifer Oriel is a retard.

No, she’s not. Stick to the abc bitches and the rest of the feministas

Correct.
    She writes good stuff.
    As distinct from the Bittered Sav.

How was Matt Schlapp and that guy nobody’s girl got her knickers in a knot about?

All this fancy talk from plutocrats. What’s wrong with a good feed of yabbies?

Nothing at all.
    Except that I think you have to catch and kill your own from your own dam if you don’t have a Dannograd licence.
    Taste a bit muddy but I understand that improves if you finish them off in clear water.

161. feelthebern

Jennifer Oriel on the Kenny program tonight was laughabley under informed.
    & cliched.

Actually, I would go as far to add this link to describe her performance.

162. feelthebern

Hey, maybe she had a rough night.
    Or maybe the botox injections – which her face was full of – might have penetrated her frontal lobes.

Back last century we travelled to the Old Dart and made the mandatory visit to Al Fayed’s Food Hall.
    Mrs L liked the look of the lobsters on display.
    I had to explain that the “30” on the price tag was pounds per pound, not dollars per kilogram.

164. feelthebern

Justin Hemmes used to have yabbie salads at a couple of his places a million years ago.

165. feelthebern

The prawn is mightier than the lobster.

166. feelthebern

There was a fishmonger here in Sydney that used to get Spencer Gulf prawns in.
    Now no longer.

That guy would take nobody’s girl to the cleaners in a debate.
    Fantastic one-liner on TV last week.

“Who has more credibility on this.
    Someone who spent 20 years growing up as a M uslin?
    Or someone who once did a two minute press conference in front of a m0sque?”

168. Geriatric Mayfly

Yabbies in their hey day were flown from Lake Albycutcha (Subs check) near Ouyen to the restaurants.

169. Cassie of Sydney

Cohenite…they were all great. It was a really good three days. More next year.

170. Empire 5:5

Universal Cancels ‘The Hunt’ Release

Even the professionals couldn’t project this one. The hypocrisy of #metoo has effectively neutralised P€d0wood as an effective propaganda machine.

171. Infidel Tiger

What was Oriel misinformed about?

172. Bruce in WA

So, our “Extinction Rebellion” resident morons, headed by autist Greta Thunberg, want, among other things, a mandatory reduction in the number of cruise ships and “ticket shaming” for those who purchase airline flights, followed by mandatory closures, on a rotational basis, of airlines, for up to 12 months at a time.

Weeeeeel, fuck ’em.

I just booked two back-to-back cruises for later this year.

Plus flights to Vietnam, Vietnam domestic, Vietnam to Singapore, Singapore to Bali, Bali to home.

A cruise for January next year, SYD –> SIN.

Airfares PER –> SYD and SIN –> PER.

PLUS, a cruise Vancouver to SYD later next year and flights PER –> YVR, and then SYD –> PER.

I spent 50+ years working for this, and no pimply-faced, semi-literate, underwashed, unkempt, shrieking, unhinged “child” (I’ve had wanks that lived longer than them) is going to tell me what I can or can’t fucking do!

Nightly rant over.

173. Old Lefty

Fitzgibbon suits Bandana Man. There is, after all, something simian about him.

Well said, Bruce. Well said, indeed.

175. John Constantine

If you want a few random chills.

The value of the chicom pigs exposed to pig plague is tens of billions of dollars, so we know they won’t all be culled and buried in a pit, they will be fed to people, [ exported to westerners if possible].

Hundreds of millions of exposed pigs fed to hundreds of millions of people. In China.

Do we really think that if the disease goes zoonotic the Tyrant will allow mass panic by releasing this information to the media?.

We see how Tyrannical totalitarianism failed to control the disease in pigs because of the sullen compliance with central regulations and the terror of coming to the notice of the State.

Reports were that rather than risk reporting to the state that your pig had died, people were tossing the dead pigs off bridges into the river to get rid of the evidence, floating the plague downstream.

If people see everybody in the village getting loaded onto trucks by masked troops in suits if somebody reports sick with the disease crossed over—the alternative is to secretly toss the body off the bridge into the river and hope.

176. Knuckle Dragger

Jesus Christ you people.

A man can certainly give another man a massage. As long as he’s wearing boxing gloves.

177. Infidel Tiger

One caveat to my immigration cessation: Hong Kong.

When the Chicoms start the mass slaughter of the Hongkongese, we need to take them in by the boatload.

Good people and they will be a sound voting bloc.

Agreed Artie. They’re showing a ton of courage and totally for freedom. They’re true heroes.

A man can never get a massage from a man.

180. Infidel Tiger

Getting very serious in Honkers right now.

Prepare for lots of dead and mayhem.

The woman who was killed by the falling tree was no slouch.

The council had inspected the wooden killer a few months prior. I hope her hubbie and kids sues the city of melbornistan for squillions.

182. feelthebern

When sky put the clip up, I will post it.

My kid’s girlfriend is heading back to the UK in the next few days and is on a connecting flight through honkers. I don’t think that’s happening somehow.

184. Infidel Tiger

Honkers is over.

We need to get our horses and jockeys back here.

I just read that story and wondered, ‘was the council warned and was the warning ignored?’ If you’ve ever tried to get a modern Australian council to remove a stupid tree, you’ll know the answer.

Beijing is in a real vice. If they go in hard, Trump will be only too happy to “Iran them” with massive sanctions and I reckon the Euroweenies will follow on too. at the same time Hong Kong is going on and they can’t allow it. Maybe the price is they quickly do a deal with Trump and then go for Hing Kong.

Well, there you go.
    We are booked mid-September through UAE.
    I was a bit worried about the mullahs.
    Turns out that is prolly better than a Cathay stopover.

I’m kind of surprised Trump hasn’t said anything about Hong Kong yet.

Yeah but China has Paul Keating.

190. Infidel Tiger

Taiwan is going, that’s for sure.

Stupid commies. All they have left is mass slaughter and global financial meltdown.

191. John Constantine

Be handy to know the exact date for the handover of melbourne that their andrews government has signed off on.

Probably be a staged transfer of power, like handing the security camera network over to the chicom secret police now,then the phone/internet infrastructure, then the power infrastructure, then handover immigration policy, then the port, then………………..

Too late to protest in the streets then, it is all done.

Comrades.

The killer tree was an elm which completely toppled over, not the usual suspect of a gum tree randomly letting a branch go.

Yeah but China has Paul Keating.

And Simon Birmingham.
    And Karl Bittar.
    And Sam Dastardly.
    And …

194. John Constantine

Probably time for the independent australian media to examine the deal andrews signed with the chicoms to bail out his government’s Ponxi liabilities.

Free and fair media speaking truth to power?.

Anybody?.

The shanghai comp index was up about .7% and the Hang Seng (HK) was down .4%. Stocks don’t seem that worried.

Don’t bring your phone.
    We’ll chat outside.

197. John Constantine

Labor howling about the handover of Darwin, but dead silent on the handover of melbourne.

If you want to see a down market in stocks – heaven forbid, watch what happens if the orange one tweets some supportive shit out about Honkers.

Chink Cops firing teargas in the airport subway.
    If you want to see how teargas goes indoors, look up Waco seige.
    Which is precisely what the Chicoms want.

Someone may have disabled his H O N G K keys.

The Hong Kongese just want to be Asian Britons, understandably.
    If the British civil service hadn’t been so dim, they could have managed the island/territories trade-offs and negotiations more efficaciously in earlier decades. Unfortunately, they bungled the whole ensemble.

Yes, you can have economic liberalism and a communist government co-existing.
    Anyone who says otherwise is a Neanderthal who doesn’t understand the nuances of modern China.

203. John Constantine

Huawei has rolled out its long-rumored Hongmeng operating system (OS), known as the HarmonyOS. The company says it can switch to the new system at any time, including on phones, if it is unable to use Android.

The Chinese tech giant officially unveiled the new platform on Friday. The operating system can be used on various smart devices and will be launched on “smart screen products,” such as televisions, later this year. After the launch in China, the OS can become available on global markets, Huawei announced.

Because having a smart television in your living room controlled by the chicom secret police machine learning software Skynet is what everybody wants.

I have always loved Comrade Big Brother.

204. Infidel Tiger

We should never have let China into the WTO or handed over HK.

Send the Tarin Kowt Kokoda mandarin to restore order among the rat-fuckers.

Bing fucking O

I said this Saturday.

I am told that the medical examiner has asked the FBI to determine whether evidence exists that MCC staff purposely set the conditions so as to allow Epstein to kill himself, making the death a possible homicide.

And Barr is to speak more. Barr will fuck anyone if they were in some way involved in the Epstein thing.

207. Arky

Stick a star picket up sheep’s arse.

Ease up.

Where is that quote from JC?
    Barr?

Farmers are a big Trump constituency.

Goldman Sachs lowered its fourth-quarter growth forecast by 20 basis points to 1.8%, citing a larger than-expected impact of recent trade war events.

“The drivers of this modest change are that we now include an estimate of the sentiment and uncertainty effects and that ?nancial markets have responded notably to recent trade news,” said Goldman Sachs chief U.S. economist Jan Hatzius in a note to clients Sunday.

Goldman Sachs said it expects the new round of tariffs to go through in September and it no longer expects a trade deal before the 2020 election.

U.S. farmers lost their fourth largest customer this week after China officially cancelled all purchases of U.S. agricultural products, a retaliatory move following President Donald Trump’s pledge to slap 10% tariffs on $300 billion of Chinese imports.

China’s exit piles on to a devastating year for farmers, who’ve struggled through record flooding and droughts that destroyed crop yields, and trade war escalations that have lowered prices and profits this year.

“It’s really, really getting bad out here,” Bob Kuylen, a farmer of 35 years in North Dakota, told CNBC.

“There’s no incentive to keep farming, except that I’ve invested everything I have in farming, and it’s hard to walk away.”

A twitter feed i watch at times, Leigh. He’s okay occasionally.

211. John Constantine

HarmonyOS has just been announced at #HDC2019! How are we going to build an all-scenario smart ecosystem and experience? How will we overcome the challenges of future OS for connected things? Stayed tuned with us to find out.

The internet of things in your house, run by an artificial intelligence with the Tyrants consciousness uploaded into it.

Comrades.

There must be a lot of smoke around, because the Left wants Barr to recuse himself from the Epstein investigation. Like fuck he will.

If the 10 year breaks 1.5% year, it could get really ugly.

This is how fucked up the Fed is now. They have to 10 year bond at

United States »
    1.68%

And the Fed funds rate is 2.25ish. Very very inverted and Trump has himself to thank for appointing Powell.

There is a new term.
    Used to be you could commit suicide.
    Or you could be murdered.
    Now the phrase is that someone “has been suicided”.

215. John Constantine

Just too soon for China to cut out buying food from the West.

The point of one belt one road was to create a whole new supply chain from the conquered client states sold out by their corruptocracies to the chicom party.

The resources of central asia/siberia/africa/pacific co prosperity sphere are just not OBOR enough to replace America and Canada and Australia ….Yet.

Australian coal and iron ore have the hand of the Tyrant on them, the wool market the same, they want to do animal protein, but the pig plague is screwing them, Feed grains could be chopped anytime.

Lucky australia built so many windmills and solar farms and napalm clad dogbox apartments with our borrowed money, be a bastard if we had wasted it.

FMD.
    Desparate.
    One line is that Barr’s father might have crossed over employment for a few months at the same firm as Epstein in 1973.
    Nineteen seventy fucking three!
    Barr is not falling for the Jeff Sessions sucker-punch.

I know you can’t trust them, Leigh, but if the FBI wanted to they would be able to find out what the fuck happened in a couple of days. They could check the tapes of all the comings and goings, phone records and what was usual. I don’t think it would be that hard to do. This is being suggested on that twitter page.

Nineteen seventy fucking three!

That’s correct. Barr’s dad was the principal at Dalton – a pretty snappy NYC private school. I also think Barr’s dad hired the fucker. Can you believe this shit.

219. Infidel Tiger

The elite 1% is a pretty small group.

They are all terrible people.

Oh look, the RBA is now advising on public sector pay. How cute.

The Reserve Bank governor is calling for 3 per cent wage growth across the public sector, apparently to help the rest of us.

Lowe needs to be fired .

Here’s a bad idea: the Reserve Bank governor is calling for 3 per cent wages growth across the public sector, apparently to help the rest of us. Ratcheting up public sector pay would damage the economy far more than help it, undermini­ng economic growth, productivity, increasing inequality and further eroding respect for government.

“We’re in a situation now that wage norms have drifted down to 2 or 2.5 per cent,” Philip Lowe said at his testimony before the house economics committee last week.

In today’s low-inflation world, 2-2.5 per cent a year isn’t all that bad, actually, especially when it comes annually regardless of perform­ance.

221. Fisky

It’s good to see “libertarians” on the same page as the Greens and Socialist Alliance! (again)

Greens back Chinese international student thug takeover

Infidel Tiger

#3130050, posted on August 13, 2019 at 12:08 am

The elite 1% is a pretty small group

Ironed jeans?
    Tasseled loafers?

File it under “S” for Small world, but not grounds for recusal.

224. Infidel Tiger

Argentina melting down again.

Fisky

#3130052, posted on August 13, 2019 at 12:11 am

When Clive Hamilton says you’ve gone too far left … you have definitely gone too far left.

226. Infidel Tiger

Hamilton is very very sound on China.

OMG, is this for fucking real?

Beijing’s passport order to University of Technology Sydney staff

Academic staff at University of Technology Sydney refused to hand over personal details, including their passport numbers, after China’s Education Ministry demanded the information to continue a course for visiting students.

Science faculty associate dean for international partnerships ­Graham Richardson told 21 UTS academics they were required to disclose their passport numbers and dates of birth “as part of the ongoing review of this program” by the ministry.

“You may be concerned by the request for your passport number,” he said in an email obtained by The Australian. “In China, all citizens have an identity card. As we don’t have these in Australia the next best ­option for them is your current passport number.”
    Read Next

Melbourne
    ‘Safe’ tree crushes uni scholar
    Remy Varga

The biotechnology course, ­delivered in partnership with China’s Hebei National University, includes a one-year program for ­visiting Chinese students who ­receive a dual degree from their own institution and UTS.

Mr Richardson said in the March 19 email that two HNU staff members would undertake a “shadowing program” during lectures, practical classes and tutorials delivered to the Chinese students in Australia.

The request for passport numbers and dates of birth prompted a backlash from UTS staff, who ­refused to provide the information. The university later relented, saying it was sympathetic to the views raised. It said passport numbers would not be required, but staff would need to provide their year and month of birth “to maintain ­accreditation of the joint program”.

Infidel Tiger

#3130055, posted on August 13, 2019 at 12:14 am

Argentina melting down again.

I have a plan.
    Make John Worsfold President of Argentina.
    For life.
    Or until Christmas.
    Whichever comes first.

They want their passport numbers and other private information? Unreal.

I suppose they didn’t get enough information when they hacked through the computer system.

230. John Constantine

Got a tipsheet pushing Boron as the new potash in the fertiliser market. Because my reality is that boron makes much of the subsoils of australias cropping belt actually hostile to crop growth i never considered it as a limiting factor elsewhere.

[High Boron levels in grain, to a boron sensitive gut, have even been suggested to me to be the explanation for a lot of what is claimed as gluten intolerance. the researcher was putting foodstuffs through a mass spectrometer, and australian grain based food from high boron areas did have high boron levels when served on your plate.]

However, worldwide this happens

Boron deficiency is a common deficiency of the micronutrient boron in plants. It is the most widespread micronutrient deficiency around the world and causes large losses in crop production and crop quality.[1] Boron deficiency affects vegetative and reproductive growth of plants, resulting in inhibition of cell expansion, death of meristem, and reduced fertility.[2]

Plants contain boron both in a water-soluble and insoluble form. In intact plants, the amount of water-soluble boron fluctuates with the amount of boron supplied, while insoluble boron does not. The appearance of boron deficiency coincides with the decrease of water-insoluble boron. It appears that the insoluble boron is the functional form while the soluble boron represents the surplus.[3]

Boron is essential for the growth of higher plants. The primary function of the element is to provide structural integrity to the cell wall in plants. Other functions likely include the maintenance of the plasma membrane and other metabolic pathways

You don’t know what you don’t know until you know it.

231. DrBeauGan

And who’d have thought lithium, down there at number three, would have biological effects on human beings? The universe is an astonishing place.

David Rowe is sorry he went 24 hours without feeding his TDS.