Open Forum: November 9, 2019

4,954 Responses to Open Forum: November 9, 2019

1 18 19 20

Most of the clientelle at Cafe Bruce don’t bother with bathrooms.
    The waiter has to be careful to look up before walking under a tree.
    Apart from that they’re very polite. One currawong has recently started knocking on my front door.
    She’s worked out that if she bounces off the flyscreen it makes a noise which I’ll hear.
    Then I come out and give her food.
    Pavlov’s human.

Bolta has picked up Jo’s latest post on BoM fiddling following work behind the scenes. This is par for the course:

These changes were incomprehensible because while the averaged “whole nation” got warmer, there were no changes to the data in any of the 104 individual stations.

3. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

“I think it’s absolutely inappropriate for police to be armed the way they are in remote communities. It’s not just the firearms, it’s the Taser and everything else. It’s even the uniform,” he said.

standard issue mankinis and yeezys

4. Instead of getting back to me simply nominating one or the other, AGL passed it over to a debt collection agency.

Start all conversations (email and phone) with:
    The conversation/communication will be recorded.
    I reserve the right the publish all communications on websites of my choosing.

“I think it’s absolutely inappropriate for police to be armed the way they are in remote communities. It’s not just the ice, it’s the petrol sniffing, the drunkenness, the wife-beating, the child abuse. Overall it is simply the lack of civilized culture. firearms, it’s the Taser and everything else. It’s even the uniform,” he said.

FIFY.
    Leave them to it.

6. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

And now for something really important.
    It’s Friday night, which means fish and chips, and movie night.
    Netflix contenders are:
    “Triple Frontier”, “Extinction”, and “Polar”.

Any suggestions? Comments? Recommendations?

7. Farmer Gez

Weird goings on in the Wimmera at the Longerenong weather station today.
    Time: Temp: Wind Direction:
    1pm 16.9 W
    1.30. 19.0 WNW
    2.00. 17.9. W
    2.30. 18.6. W
    3.00. 19.0 WSW
    3.30. 20.2. WSW
    4.00. 17.1. W
    4.30. 18.7. W
    4.45? 19.2. WSW
    5.00. 20.8. WSW

That is all over the shop and remember that a WSW wind in Vic is always cooler than a westerly and yet the temps increased in that direction. No rain and the humidity stayed constant at 82%.

Start all conversations (email and phone) with:
    The conversation/communication will be recorded.
    I reserve the right the publish all communications on websites of my choosing.

Bwah, ha, ha.
    I have actually done this with CBA.

Me : Are you recording this for quality control and training purposes.
    CBA : Umm, yes. We record all calls.
    Me : Good. So am I. For the my legal advisers and my possible submission to the banking ombudsman”
    CBA : ” ….. oooh …[long silence]”

9. struth

Were they really “slammed”

How much “slamming” do teenage girls really do, beyond their bedroom door.

Who gives a flying fuck?
    One of these arseholes gets in between me and my steak, we will then be able to report a slamming.

10. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Leave them to it.

+100

11. johanna

Bruce of Newcastle
    #3212659, posted on November 15, 2019 at 5:27 pm

Most of the clientelle at Cafe Bruce don’t bother with bathrooms.
    The waiter has to be careful to look up before walking under a tree.

You think you have problems. Try possums (spit).

A neighbour had an outside set where he would go and have a coffee and read the paper in the morning. Unfortunately, there was a big gum tree adjacent, and a large local possum population. Not long after he moved in, he was sitting in his favoured spot one morning when a stream of putrid, steaming piss came down on him and his paper from above.

He thought it was a one-off, at first. But, it wasn’t. His coffee and paper-reading spot reeked of possum piss within days.

All of those nature shows that depict possums as cute and cuddly are part of the Conspiracy.

12. Johno

Soros is a very, very good operator. JC says he is worth $20B, I don’t know how much of that is liquid. But it really doesn’t matter. He gets good results from small sums.Whenever people like XR are called to account it emerges that he only gave them a few $100K. That is all it takes, for they are committed to the cause.

For the really big ones he might drop a mil or two. Small change.
    He is like the Chinese who bribe our local gov with $10K and get a development worth millions in return

13. struth

Getting ready for Gig.
    Been off the piss, trying to lose weight, and get my voice back from two flues that sat me on my arse for months (how I got fat).
    Brand new Maton SRS Guitar with Elixer 12’s and whole step down tuned Fat Lady two.

If voice is gone as suspected, and doesn’t last the gig, thanks to these bloody throat viruses, god knows what next.
    Oh well I’m nearly 53.
    Have a good night everyone.

14. lotocoti

Wait. I’ll go ask …

What fresh nouveau riche hell is this?
    In a properly run household the staff come to you.

15. Shy Ted

It’s actually true that aboriginal newborns are removed from mum. They are immediately placed in special care nurseries, often in incubators, premature and underweight. There they are given penicillin for congenital syphilis or similar infections and treated for any alcohol or other drug withdrawals and fed through IV tubes. They are kept alive but often “fail to thrive” for many months despite extended, intensive care. Most survive but in due course are returned to mum and dad and the lifestyle that put them in intensive care. These are the kids that go through life illiterate and innumerate, alcoholic and impulsively criminal with little in the way of a frontal lobe to ameliorate this. I reckon the prevalence is 99.5% in remote areas. And I’ve never seen an aboriginal mum hang around for the duration of this which can run into months. These children would die without the above interventions.
    It’s now common practice to get mum into hospital at 8 months and try to address all these issues then. But it’s not as much fun as drinking.
    IMHO these professors are not academic at all and wouldn’t understand the complexity or the implications of the congenital problems these kids are born with.

16. Johno

Good evening all, apparently I am required elsewhere. Din Dins etc.

17. Knuckle Dragger

20 pages.

God bless this thread.

18. old bloke

zyconoclast
    #3212580, posted on November 15, 2019 at 3:29 pm

The History of Britain and her People

The problem for those people who claim that the ancestors of present day Europeans lived in Europe for 100,000 years is the absence of any archaeological proof. Present day western Europeans are primarily in the R1b1a2 (M-269) Y-DNA group, and the oldest skeleton from that group dates back only to 800 BC.

19. johanna

struth, rock on! I’m sure you know all the tricks with throat sprays and such.

FMD, if Robert Plant, who ruined his voice with 60 a day, can make a living, you can. Give ’em heaps!

Farmer Gez – I have also seen weirdness like you describe in local temperature records. Weird anomalies, hard to explain.

The problem is that no Minister has ever had the guts to force the BoM to open the black box. As a supposedly scientific institution, they are a disgrace. They are as transparent as a Beijing smog.

Any institution allied to basic scientific principles would welcome scrutiny, and lay bare its data. Quite rightly, people wonder why they are reluctant to do so.

20. Knuckle Dragger

Peter,

Return of the Jedi, if only for the cool spacejetbike battle scenes and another Death Star biting the dust.

The ewoks can EAD though. Little wombat looking things.

21. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

God bless blast this thread.

FIFY

22. johanna

Knuckles – see my comment on the previous page about providing a statement. Anything to add?

23. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Thanks Knuckles, but I’ve seen it.

24. Rex Mango

The reffo who won the writing prize by sending texts is ABC RN Drive, he has now found his way to NZ. Got one month visa to attend a writers festival. Shouldn’t he attend a texters festival and who pays for his airfares, sure gets around this bloke.

Re ewoks, they ruined the entire Star Wars franchise for me. Bunch of teddy bears taking out mechanised stormtrooper column could not suspend my disbelief.

25. notafan

Thanks for that Shy Ted.

Matches up with the east Arnhem low birth weight reference.

26. Rex Mango

He’s got lawyers working for him too, Bayruse Michani, or something his name. Woman just said he had to get rid of his passport when leaving Iran (I think) as it was dangerous. Didn’t make much sense.

27. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

I said it last week, but I’ll repeat it:
    NOW is when we should be swapping from the weekly thread to the weekend thread.

28. Rex Mango

‘He would just like to be a free man and world renowned author’ is what this woman just said. Also she is bagging Australia and praising NZ for their amnesty policies.

29. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Woman just said he had to get rid of his passport when leaving Iran

Which time, and which passport?

30. Rex Mango

I’ll take a wild guess and say that if this bloke gets out of Manus and gains asylum somewhere, he will never win another literature prize. Also odd that no other author has copied his text message technique of writing, that seems to work so well for him.

31. Rex Mango

Qantas just flew direct flight from London to Sydney with only 40 passengers, but also ole Joycey aboard. That must’ve been an absolute hoot, and of course the captain was a chick.

32. johanna

Shy Ted
    #3212676, posted on November 15, 2019 at 5:56 pm

Yeah, Ted, saw an article about this today. In the tradition of doubling down on bad, the latest demand is that no Aboriginal child should ever be adopted into a non-Aboriginal family. Better that the poor kid goes to its worthless relatives living in the Todd river bed, or join a formless collective of drunks who have no idea where the children are, because ‘culture.’

They don’t give a damn about the suffering under their noses, because they subscribe to a higher ideal.

There is no circle of Hell worthy of these people.

33. Rex Mango

Also, 98 tons of fuel to fly London to Sydney in 787..

34. Helen

comon, 17 more comments for 5,000. We all have comment fatigue, but it has to be done.

35. areff

Just flicked on the telly and it was The Drum. One of the Mundines is lamenting that, after a stretch in jail, he’s not regarded as an A1+ job candidate. It’s someone else’s fault, apparently, and a further crime of colonialism, which did away with the Indigene “justice system” compounds the oppression.

36. Muddy

In an Australian indigenous context, a simile of ‘culture’ is ‘mummification.’

37. Rex Mango

ABC RN are convinced that those 40 odd fire ‘experts’ who approached the government about climate change are apolitical. That was one of their demands too, the ‘experts’ wanted the debate to not be political. What could the motives of these people be?

Now they have moved onto the NT ‘death in custody’ & murder charge. First they sate they must be very careful about what they say, so he gets a fair trial. Then, I kid you not, they express surprise and schock that 420 deaths in custody since Royal Commiche, then saying no copper has ever been held responsible. Somehow now they have linked in constitutional recognition to this case and saying we need to follow where indig people want to take us. Then Patricia Karvelis said how amazing these two guests (loons of the highest order) were tonight.

38. Muddy

Helen, one of the two of us is very dodgy at maths.

39. Helen

Yesterday
    The dozer was on fire! What? Yeah I just drove it 100 m and the temp gauge went right up and I switched it off and the battery ans saw smoke pouring so I used the fire extinguisher. OK. Tell Captain who is away. Commiserate.

Breakfast. Now walk me through that dozer, you drove it for 100 m? Yep. And then the temp went up? Yep. Did it go into the red? no. You switched it off? Yep. And the battery? Yep. And how much smoke was there? Some whisps, so I took the covers off and squirted it with the fire extinguisher. Is the fire extinguisher empty? no, I just gave it a couple of squirts.

I see. Just spent nearly 100K fixing and sorting the two dozers that did burn last year, thn one of the fixed ones got sabotaged, dirt and gravel in final drives and engine – que? Only humans could have done it. Some passing tree hugger? Another bunch of days weeks months lost to work.

Im just about ready to pack it in. But it is mango Madness time, so it too will pass. It will all be better when it is green.

40. Helen

Even more bathrooms, Muddy?

41. johanna

The Mundines haven’t done too badly, areff. Of course, they have their black sheep. 🙂

Does anyone know if young Tony is still a Muzzie? Hasn’t had a drop, or a snort, or anything recently? Any news?

42. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

A Qantas joke for you, Rex.

One day on a flight from Melbourne up to Sydney, a blonde in economy notices some empty seats in business class, so gets up and moves. Hostie comes up and says:
    ” Sorry Miss, but you’ll have to return to economy”.
    Blonde looks up, genuinely perplexed, and says:
    “But why?
    I’m young, and I’m beautiful, and I’m going to Sydney to make my fame and fortune as a model”.

Hostie is floored by this response, so she gets on the blower to the captain and explains the situation. In due course the captain comes and explains to the blonde that she will have to go back to economy. He gets the same response:
    “But why?

The captain doesn’t know how to handle the situation either, so he returns to the cockpit and discusses it with the co-pilot. The co-pilot smiles and says:
    “It’s okay. I’ll take care of it. I’m married to blonde. It’s not they are dumb, they just think differently from other people, that’s all”.

So the co-pilot goes to the girl, bends down, and whispers something in her ear. The blonde leaps up, showers to co-pilot in hugs and kisses, and scurries back to her place in economy.

“That was amazing”, says the captain as the co-pilot returns to his seat. “How on earth did you do that”?

“It was nothing, really”, replied the co-pilot. “I just told her business class wasn’t going to Sydney”.

43. Rex Mango

Not sure Tony is too devout. He pretty much ‘reverted’ because Ali did and boxing etc. Scary one is Sonny Bill. Get the feeling he’s serious about his faith.

44. Rex Mango

Thanks Peter, reminds me of the blonde who gets pulled over for speeding by a blonde female cop. When asked for her licence, she can’t find it and fumbling pulls out a small rectangular makeup mirror instead. The blonde copper looks at it for a while and then says ‘That’s ok, I’ll let you off this time. I didn’t know you we’re a cop’.

45. Rex Mango

Watching the Drum and picture of Greta flashed up. Not 30 seconds later ABC RN played her voice asking ‘How dare you?’ as part of their weekly quiz. The ABC are obsessed with her.

46. Rex Mango

Is John Anderson, Simon O’Donnell’s father?

47. Rex Mango

John Anderson has drunk the Climate Kool Aid and wants our farmers to buy into trading carbon, for a win win outcome.

48. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Two blondes from Sydney sitting in the moonlight at Scarborough Beach in Perth.
    “Gee”, says one. “I feel so far from home. I wonder which is closer? Sydney, or the moon”?
    “Well duh”, replies the other. “You can see the moon from here, can’t you”?

49. bespoke

Helen
    #3212703, posted on November 15, 2019 at 6:40 pm

You got no dogs?

50. Rex Mango

What’s the bet in a few years there will be a class action of thousands of people with health problems having had that pink stuff dropped on them by C130 firefighting aircraft. Slater & Gordon are probably already scouting for victims.

51. Rex Mango

Who is telling Philippa McDonald to wear the yellow firefighting clobber? She looks ridiculous.

The NYT trying to explain Australia’s bush fires:

Fire seasons, once limited largely to the summer months, are stretching longer and the land is growing drier, providing plenty of fuel.

No, Gray lady, the dryness doesn’t explain the abundance of fuel; green policies on back burning do.

Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault
    #3212715, posted on November 15, 2019 at 7:00 pm

LOL.

Thanks Peter!

54. Knuckle Dragger

Still working. Goddamn kranskies won’t heat up and Barry’s starving.

Johanna, obviously I can’t add much because it’s well outside my field of endeavour, but I spoke to someone who knows someone and he reckons that’s bang on how it’s done. Right down to the decor. Apparently detectives loathe clean and sterile offices.

He also said that should you remember something you forgot when you made the statement, that’s still apparently very cool and you can go back and either add to it or make a shorter additional one. The chick should have given you a card or something, he says.

Evidently this is de rigeur and you haven’t missed the boat because courts generally accept that witnesses are human.

55. Helen

bespoke, No, lost him about a year ago, not replaced.

56. Rex Mango

Just watching the HK uni student preparations for a siege on ABC News. This going to get very ugly.

57. Mater

History demonstrates that NSW has typically burnt in Nov-Dec and Victoria more in Jan-Feb.
    Nothing unusual here.

And NZ takes how many refugees p.a.?

59. Rex Mango

Anyone notice that the Qantas London to Sydney flight not only have female captain, but a woman of colour as first/second officer?

60. bespoke

Helen
    #3212723, posted on November 15, 2019 at 7:14 pm
    bespoke, No, lost him about a year ago, not replaced.

Shame, sounds like you need another two or three. The D7 must be be protected.

61. Rex Mango

That Chris McHugh Olympic beach volleyball character on the News bench presses less than Micheal Clarke in his Swisse vitamins adds.

Johanna – I’m still sad my old lady brushtail has met her end some months ago. Run over I think. She was cute and cuddly and allowed me stroke her like a cat. Came by almost every night for five or six years and was quite considerate regarding her habits. Rarely let loose on any part of Cafe Bruce. She did OK, had maybe half a dozen joey’s in her time at the Cafe.

The only possums around now are ringtails, who are dumb as rocks.

63. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Dinner’s ready, and no feedback re the movies.
    So a flip of the coin decides – and it’s “Triple Frontier”.
    See y’all in a couple of hours.

Kumanjayi Walker’s death has become Australia’s Black Lives Matter moment, but it has added layers of grief. Stolen lands. Lost or diminished languages and lore. Incarceration.

“That’s a replica of the Endeavour,” Senior Warlpiri man Otto Sims said to the rally, pointing at the new $14 million Supreme Court building, by far the largest and most imposing building in Alice Springs.

“Our history will break this,” he said, turning to the revamped $7 million police station on the other side.

“Blackfellas don’t need masters degrees, we’ve got Tjukurrpa [dreaming] … we are the sovereign people of this land, my brothers and sisters. The Prime Minister, we can kick him out if we want to, he doesn’t make the rules.”

Whatever unfolded between Mr Walker and Constable Rolfe on Saturday night will come out in trials and a Coronial investigation.

But the hell of remote community life plays out every day in plain sight, though obscured by distance and an east coast population who are concerned but wary of sometimes vague notions of Aboriginal disadvantage.

Why were the youths breaking into the homes of health workers at Yuendumu?

“They’re hungry,” says senior Warlpiri man Harry Nelson. “They’ve probably lost their mother or father.”

He adds: “The bugger is there’s nothing we can do to punish our children because there’s this line you can’t discipline kids. The kids go screaming up to the police. When I was a kid, my parents were my bosses.’

Scott McConnell, the independent MP for the vast area of the Northern Territory that takes in Yuendumu, says there is a genuine fear among his Aboriginal constituents that punishing a child will land them in jail or the kid in out-of-home care.

More broadly across remote Australia, there are many and complicated reasons children may prefer to be on the streets than in their beds.

A housing shortage in most remote communities means it is not uncommon to see more than 20 people trying to live together in a standard three-bedroom home.

A more uncomfortable truth is family violence. Aboriginal people make up about a third of the Territory’s 250,000 people yet account for about 80 per cent of family violence cases.

In 2016, Mr Kershaw revealed an average of one Territory child a day was the victim of family violence and a further three children each day witnessed it up close.

“It can be chaos. And overcrowding has something to do with that,” the government worker says. “Poverty doesn’t lead to functionality, does it?”

Senator McCarthy says a shortage of meaningful work in remote communities, combined with what she says is a punitive remote work for the dole program, breeds families poor on cash and self esteem.

“I’ve said this time and time again, if an individual or a family goes without money for six to eight weeks you’re naturally going to see the flow-on effects of negative behaviour,” she says.

“Where is our vision and our plan for these areas right across the country, not just Aboriginal communities but these regional and remote areas of Australia that desperately need a vision for our future and future of young generations.”

Governments have thrown billions of dollars at the problems of remote Australia and have little to show.

“We need national attention brought to this situation,” says Mr McConnell, who has repeatedly called for a royal commission into the spending of government money in Northern Territory.

“We are not delivering services in the remote communities that we need to – and that’s not just welfare services, that’s a hope for the future, that’s economic hope for a system that works, not just welfare mendicancy.”

Harry Nelson hoped Mr Walker’s death would provide the spark for change about community control and training for young people.

“When we get proper recognition from government, eventually they [white bureaucracy] will leave and we will have control over our destiny.”

Part of a longer article from the Syney Morning Herald, about the shooting, in the Northern Territory. Seriously?

65. Rex Mango

ZK2A, yeah this going to be used by every blactivist around. The ABC already linking the NT shooting to constitutional recognition. These the same folk 2 weeks ago had those loons calling for no police and burning stuff on Q&A. To be honest ABC has had one of their best weeks ever. They have been talking about nothing but black lives matter and climate change.

66. jupes

Why is an ex-fire chief any more of an expert on “climate change” than me or anyone else?

The idiocy never stops.

67. Rex Mango

ABC RN now has an American fire ‘expert’ on. He is pointing out that because the fire seasons in Australia & the USA now overlap, that is proof of climate change. Impossible to argue against such logic. Pretty soon our summers and winters will coincide with that of the Northern Hemisphere.

68. Eyrie

Those ultra long distance Qantas flights make little sense. The fuel fraction on takeoff is huge and the payload fraction small. Better to do a quick stop and refuel. Passengers don’t have to get off in turbine powered aircraft. Alternatively use in flight re-fuelling. Wouldn’t that cause conniptions at CASA.

69. old bloke

Helen, didn’t you have engine problems with your aircraft a few months ago? Was there any gravel in the engine?

Take bespokes advice and get some dogs.

70. Rex Mango

Mater, the only fire chief whose opinion on climate change I would want is the one Steve McQueen played in Towering Inferno, but alas he is dead.

The idiocy never stops.

What makes a mayor of a penny ante council an expert on climate change?

Yet they’re lining up to declare a “climate emergency”.

72. Rockdoctor

Wow Christchurch Mayor doing some virtue signalling with the the Iranian Manus low life (who couldn’t resist a dig at Aus) this morning was apparently sacked by Helen Clark (although reluctantly) for lying. Apparently also the council she runs has transparency issues… Smokescreen anyone?

Any time they want an apolitical discussion they’re welcome to come here.

They can show me their data, and I will show them the data I see.

If they’re really apolitical they will swiftly be convinced nothing much is happening and certainly that nothing much is being caused by humans (except insane and very expensive policies to save us from something which isn’t happening).

But I bet they won’t come to have a discussion. Nor will any sceptical climate scientist be invited to discuss science with them even at a venue of their choosing. That’s always how it seems to work.

74. Top Ender

I claim the Non-Fantasy Bathroom Section with five.

At least in one house we rented on a Defence posting.

Primarily chosen for location to work and schools.

Had a huge pool which we discovered cost $20 a week in chlorine to maintain.

Three bedrooms with ensuites. One downstairs bathroom, and a small closet toilet arrangement.

Ridiculous cleaning them all. We moved out six months later.

75. bespoke

Take bespokes advice

LOL!!

76. mh

He says no comment

CENK UYGUR FILES TO RUN FOR DISGRACED CONGRESSWOMAN KATIE HILL’S SEAT

77. Mater

Rex,
    Even CSIRO’s own paper (1976) confirm that historically NSW is more prone to burn in Oct-Dec. September even feature prominently.

Short but telling.

Fires since 1976 seem to hold roughly to the same pattern.
    I think Steve would agree with me.

78. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

and the earth has turned sour, emperator furiosa will … oh wait

79. Helen

old bloke, that was the fuel. Now we are importing Av 100/130 straight from Poland, no problemos.

It was a water pump, this itme. I checked it three days ago (the water) said young mate. mate, you ned to do this every day, says Captain.

Laziness creeping in with routine and familiarity. You can tell by the way he does up the gates, the clip hanging on a wire instead of back onto the chain. Attention to detial is what matters out here, machinery, life, love. Hmm, must get Captain a seductive drinkies …

I was amused that Caliph Erdogan could deport a bunch of ISIS terr0rists to the EU yesterday with barely a question, but we can’t deport an illegal migrant to Iran after 5 years of trying.

81. Helen

TE moine is NOT fantasy. two sets of four bedroom ensuite miners dongas, with extra bathroom on verandahs, one batheroom in another donga, three in my house. So i still win. And that is not even starting to count the trees, the bloody trees.

green Hypocrite of the Year nominee:

Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Rides bike with Greta for the media, takes a Pinzgauer all-terrain vehicle to the local shops.

Did Greta know she was being taken for a ride?

83. Peter:

Establishing lorenorda is not the job of the shopkeepers.

So who the hell said it was?

84. Rex Mango

Mater, excellent paper as done before word processors, so manually typed and hence it’s brevity. My experience is Sydney is windiest and driest around August through October when bushfires often occur. By end of year humidity has picked up and not so windy. Victoria & SA get their worst fires during January/February when it is hot/dry with strong northerlies, followed by a frontal change.

ABC on the ball:

They continue to refer to residents of the “towns” of Pechey and Ravensbourne in QLD as being ordered to evacuate due to bush fires.

There are no such “towns”, they are general localities – scattered properties on acreage within forests.

86. Rex Mango

ABC RN has got an indig elder talking about the ‘protests’ in Alice Springs. She mentioned the word vigil too.

Did Greta know she was being taken for a ride?

Having to poo in a bucket for three weeks to get to America then pooing in a bucket for three weeks to get back to Spain does indicate a degree of forthrightness. I’d hate to be the person who cleans out the bucket.

Another Plastic Boat: Climate Messiah Greta Thunberg Hitches a Lift to COP25 (13 Nov)

Hopefully her wonderful example will shame the other 25,000 delegates into taking yachts also.

88. old bloke

Laziness creeping in with routine and familiarity.

Maybe the dogs could be trained to keep the young bloke more focussed.

Did Greta know she was being taken for a ride?

Heh. Greta’s BS detector is not highly calibrated.

90. Rex Mango

Indig elder saying no health workers the problem and police first aid not good enough. Not sure the ambos could’ve helped someone whose been shot. She also wants answers as to why no health staff and excuses about break ins are not good enough.

91. Rex Mango

Indig elder now questioning how NT police recruit. She asks whether copper had PTSD from his service in Afghanistan. Don’t know about that, but pretty sure he has Present Traumatic Stress Disorder right now from his time in remote communities.

92. Rex Mango

Indig elder now commenting on need for a Voice and constitutional recognition. Once the Voice up and running, no more deaths in custody. She used to be president of ATSIC I think the interviewer just said.

The old Australia is not yet dead:

Bloke in NQ wrestles croc, survives, drives an hour to get mobile coverage and then apologises to emergency services for troubling them.

94. Helen

The old Australia is not yet dead:

So refreshing after all the victim drivel above.

If that fails can we cancel the Voice?

Or do the goal posts get shifted yet again.

96. Helen

Roger, Roger, you know this game, it has been going on for years and years, the goal posts are never static, they are mobile and flexible and open to change so one must approach from another direction .

97. Some History

ABC RN are convinced that those 40 odd fire ‘experts’ …

Those 40 fire “experts” are odd.

98. Rex Mango

I would rather be put in charge of negotiating a peace settlement in the Middle East, than have anything to do with the negations to set up and operate the Voice.

99. Mater

Perhaps she can read this:

The Night Nurse – Part 1
    The Night Nurse – Part 2

100. Rex Mango

Indig elder now talking about state level treaties before the federal treaty. She used to be CEO of ATSIC, not president. Once again, like electricity, climate and now indig affairs, the gurus get in and confuse federal and state responsibilities so the rorters can run riot.

One of the original rules of Marngrook, perhaps?

102. hzhousewife

Send the indig communities indig nurses, first aiders, teachers, police, builders, plumbers, doctors etc etc etc.
    Problem solved.

Indig elder now talking about state level treaties before the federal treaty.

Two bites at the cherry!

104. John Constantine

Chicoms ban a company from exporting to China, shares slump.

Chicom crony company then lobs takeover bid, confident that sales and profits will resume when crony chicom deals with crony chicom.

Not even bothering to be subtle, supremely confident that the kowtow tipping point has passed and australia is just another OBOR vassal state.

Comrade Maaaaaates.

105. Rex Mango

Aunty Pat Turner is the indig elder. Too much ABC for me for one night. Gotta get to pub.

106. Some History

green Hypocrite of the Year nominee:
    Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Wahtz thes? I go sharping and peeble throw a hissy fit.
    Well, here’s a present for you girlie men:

But, John, our Josh signed off on it because it’s “in the national interest”!

108. Davey Boy

Public Disclosure Proves That Treasury Lied To And Misled The Government
    Martin North and John Adams uncover some Treasury bastardry regarding submissions to the enquiry on the proposed $10k Cash Transaction limit law

109. Top Ender

Helen, whereabouts are you?

No worries if you’d rather not say.

110. John Constantine

Old Australia mobilises to volunteer to serve in fire brigades to put out fires for nothing.

Activist australia vows to purge volunteer dissenters and replace them with querty quota public servant unionised taxfunded fire industry employees.

Big australia mobilises australians loyal to the communist party of China in support of a city council politician loyal to the communist party of China. All military age males.

If an anglo tory politician had a rally of only military age anglo males swarm to support him, the australian media would go to war to crush them all for having a problem with wymynsys.

The communist party of China can crush any australian journalist it chooses, so we get the media we deserve.

When dissenting australia works for nothing squandering its energies firefighting for free, while the australians supporting the communist party of China work to grasp control of a city council, who will eventually win?.

Comrades

111. Rex Mango:

So maybe they could train up some of their own people to do the nursing/ambo/police job?
    Or do they know something about the standard of training that the indigenous need to get the certification?

112. Top Ender

Easy solution.

Any “community” where there are no economic reasons for existing – eg: no jobs – then close it down.

Just refuse to supply government school, medical centre, and police.

Enjoy!

Easier of course just to pay $40b a year instead.

113. John Constantine

Pro-Beijing groups linked to the Chinese consulate in Sydney were mobilised to support embattled Ryde deputy mayor Simon Zhou, who has been condemned for playing the “race card” after being referred to the NSW corruption watchdog.

Mr Zhou used a council meeting on Tuesday night to call on Chinese-Australians to “fight back and stand up” amid cheers from the public galler

114. Steve trickler

The very reliable, Dutchsinse

This Earthquake was forecast. It didn’t surprise me.

You would be wise to keep an eye on this chap if you travel to regions prone to shaking.

Video

And just maybe the deceased shouldn’t have gone at the police officer with a knife.

The last Liberal Premier of Western Australia, Colin Barnett, proposed such a move, and the Warriors of Aboriginal Resistance shut down Melbourne C.B.D. in protest.

117. Helen

Marngrook? Perhaps, added to the betting system, which is 1,2 or 3 and bears no relation to the actual value of the bet. It can be one cigarette, one woman, one dollar – all are equal. Two beats one and so on.

At least this is how it was done in the old days, when Captian rode with them.

Aunty’s daily sideshow.

Or they know something about the conditions they’ll be working under, and how they’ll be regarded by their fellow indigenous?

Black soldiers were nothing new in the American military, but Vietnam was the first major conflict in which they were fully integrated…

NYT

121. Shy Ted

Global warming on Monday in Adelaide. Sweet. 31 Mon, 34 Tues, 40 Wed, 28 Thurs, 22 Fri. Even global warming needs a day or two off.

122. John Constantine

Not carved in stone yet, but insurance companies now mentioning that compliance with State requirements for logbooks for all work done on all vehicles, signed off by State authorised individuals would make claim assessment easier.

Surveillance cameras monitoring farm sheds and machinery also on insurance wishlist. They will take your premiums without all this, just at potential claim processing time they want the public service compliance paperstorm.

Chicom cameras cheap now, but where do you stop once you begin monitoring?.

Everybody now needs a dashcam in their main vehicle and probably a rear window one as well.

Major farm machiney does justify this, but i can’t bring myself to admit the country is so stuffed that cameras everywhere must happen.

123. Top Ender
    #3212787, posted on November 15, 2019 at 8:41 pm

Easy solution.

Just refuse to supply government school, medical centre, and police.

Enjoy!

Easier of course just to pay $40b a year instead.

This would happen naturally if we had a properly working Federal system, no vertical fiscal imbalance, minimal centralisation and with towns funding themselves, even providing law enforcement at the local level.

124. Boambee John

Rex Mango
    #3212700, posted on November 15, 2019 at 6:39 pm

Their motive is almost certainly to draw the focus of attention away from the limited hazard reduction burning that happened while they were in charge.

Keep pushing “climate change” in case some journo asks emvarrassing questions about that issue is the game.

125. Helen

Top Ender, outh of Katherine on the Sturt plateau

126. Muddy

Random historical fact:

George Watson (1915 – March 8, 1943) was a United States Army private who gave his life rescuing several soldiers from drowning at sea during World War II. In 1997, he was awarded the Medal of Honor, the nation’s highest military decoration for valor, for his actions on March 8, 1943, near Porlock Harbor, New Guinea.

Watson and six other Black Americans who served in World War II, were awarded the Medal of Honor[1] on January 12, 1997. The Medal of Honor was posthumously presented to Watson by President Bill Clinton on January 13, 1997 during a Medals of Honor ceremony for the seven recipients at the White House in Washington, D.C. The seven recipients are the first and only Black Americans to be awarded the Medal of Honor for World War II.

The source is Wikipedia, which I’m normally suspicious of, however I have read of the incident in contemporary documents.

127. Eyrie
    #3212739, posted on November 15, 2019 at 7:45 pm

CASA hate AI and drones because it has the ability to make them redundant.

AI and drones would make in flight refueling, using fly by wire flight course corrections, very much easier.

128. John Constantine

You would assume the chicom peoples liberation army would have been sweating on these two all the time they were in China, searching for leverage.

What are the odds that they are monitored even in australia by leftists and communist party of China loyalists?. We see how easy it was for the left to trap a dud like the ex-member for Mallee andrew broad, what do they do to those they really hate?.

129. Muddy

Citation

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty: Private George Watson distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism on 8 March 1943, while serving in the Pacific Command with the 2d Battalion, 29th Quartermaster Regiment, near Porlock Harbor, New Guinea. Private Watson was onboard a troop ship, the Dutch Steamer (United States Army Transport) Jacob, when it was attacked and hit by enemy bombers. Before it sank, the ship was abandoned. Private Watson, instead of seeking to save himself, remained in deep waters long enough to assist several soldiers who could not swim to reach the safety of a life raft. This heroic action, which subsequently cost him his life, resulted in saving the lives of several of his comrades. Weakened by continuous physical exertion and overcome by muscular fatigue, Private Watson drowned when the suction of the sinking ship dragged him beneath the surface of the swirling waters. His demonstrated bravery and unselfish act set in motion a train of conpelling events that finally led to American victory in the Pacific. Private Watson’s extraordinary valorous actions, his daring and inspiring leadership, and his self-sacrificing devotion to his fellow man exemplify the finest traditions of military service.

130. Muddy

The original Medal of Honor was designed for the Navy. The design included an inverted, five-pointed star with a cluster of laurel leaves (for victory), mixed with oak (for strength) on each of the star’s five points. The design featured Minerva, Goddess of Wisdom and War, and a man clutching snakes in his hand, representing discord, who is recoiling from Minerva. The original red, white and blue ribbon was replaced with a blue silk ribbon bearing 13 stars, symbolic of the 13 colonies. The Navy, Army and Air Force Medals now all hang from this same blue silk ribbon.

Source.

131. Fisky

Chicoms ban a company from exporting to China, shares slump.

After the populist revolution is complete, we must totally ban libertarianism and utterly purge that movement from society.

132. Sure Fisk, Scott Morrison and Dan Andrews are rock ribbed libertarians.

133. Shy Ted

Poster #1 was Zyconoclast #3206232, posted on November 9, 2019 at 12:02 am
    So poster #5000 was feelthebern #3212322, posted on November 15, 2019 at 10:06 am
    But if you go to the fred we’re still on only “Posted in Open Forum | 4,881 Comments”
    I never did understand economics.

134. Eyrie

“CASA hate AI and drones because it has the ability to make them redundant.”

Frank, CASA hates all aviation and CASA is doing its best to make it impossible. It is staffed by aviation wannabes who couldn’t make it in the real world, so got a job at CASA.

135. Helen

Shy Ted, it counts all the posts including those on other threads.

136. Helen

Hastie and petterson? Ok Mr Chinese peronsage, you know that dairy product we were going to let you buy? Forget it.

137. Helen

Gad, my typos are worse than ever, why do they get badder with old age?

Off to bed, see 5000 in the morning.

138. It is staffed by aviation wannabes who couldn’t make it in the real world, so got a job at CASA.

Why can’t they just drive a delivery truck during the week and fly a plane on the weekends and leave everyone else alone?

They seem like bitter, deeply flawed people.

139. max

Watching The Drum tonight, and couldn’t help noticing how badly Ellen Fanning handled any suggestion of disagreement among panelists. John Anderson made me want to puke he was so apologetic when presenting points about immigration or aboriginal policy. He was noticeably intimidated by the aggressive female lawyer denouncing Australians as violent racists, but he did manage to deviate from the approved line and talk about the generosity of our refugee resettlements.

As biased as the BBC is, it allows guests to go at it a bit rather than hit the squelch button because that might be taken as a sign the host cannot control the discussion.

140. max

Hall v Gallen: Round by round

James McKern
    Round 1: Gallen out fast trying to bridge the gap with Hall’s 16cm reach advantage. Hall worked behind his jab and landed the more telling shots of the round. 10-9 Hall

Round 2: The pace in the fight is through the roof and that could play into the hands of Gallen with Hall already looking a little gassed. Closer round, but Hall’s quick jabs give him the slight edge. 20-18 Hall

Round 3: Hall landed a clean left hand only for Gallen to respond emphatically with several big blows and rattle the former AFL big man. Gallen beginning to show off his prowess. 29-28 Hall

141. max

Round 4: Hall landed a big right hand to start the round but Gallen just ate it. Gallen landed a nice blow to the body. Not much else in the round but some late action hands it to Gallen. 38-38 tied up

Round 5: Gallen comes out strong and immediately closes the gap while landing some heavy right hands. Hall threw some bombs in the dying seconds, but Gallen did the bulk of the damage in the round. 48-47 Gallen

Round 6: Gallen just non-stop moving forward to close the gap, Hall looking for the killer shot and he landed some huge shots behind the one-two followed by an uppercut. But Gallen just didn’t budge and we go to the judges scorecards. We’ve got it as a 57-57 draw.

142. max

The Code War has ended with no victor. After six rounds the judges couldn’t split the two men with one judge handing Gallen the 58-56 victory, but the other two having it 57-57 meaning the fight ends in a majority draw.

143. Helen

Oh they are, Frank, they are. CASA suffers from the Hilter syndrome badly, short trannies, who like paperwork rules of the kind that make grown operators cry.

The book of rules is so thick you could use it as a gym weight. Never reduce the papers, always add to them, never speak plainly, always in the most convoluted wrangled lqanguage that no-one can possibly understand therfore CASA will always be right.

We are so glad to be shot of it. No more commercial work. Once Captain turned 70 he had to have two medicals a year to keep current, and he is as fit as a mallee bull, but the rules, the rules. He had better things to do than spend all his time chasing tests in Darwin, 650 km away.

144. max

The crowd wasn’t impressed with the outcome of the fight as loud boos began to ring out and Gallen not looking pleased with the result either.

Kevin the Kookaburra’s killer gets a fine but the 53rd nations bastard who stoned wally the wombat got off:

New ISIS leader named.

Be interesting to see if he lives long enough to qualify for long service leave.

147. Knuckle Dragger

I’m not even kidding, Ted.

The bloke in your link is a dead ringer for Epstein. With a beard.

148. jupes

The bloke in your link is a dead ringer for Epstein. With a beard.

Lol check out the name.

149. areff

ABC reporting the Woolamai Park fire, which is a big one if the footage is any guide.

Anyway, reporterette mentions in passing that “it has been burning for a month”.

I’d bet any money some greenish public servant ordered the fire to be left to its own devices, fire being natural. The fire that ripped through Canberra and took out Mt Stromlo was allowed to burn for about six weeks before it hit the capital for the same reason, because a fire NOT started by human hands is “natural” and must be allowed to have its way.

Black Saturday, same thing. Fire crews had all but extinguished the Bunyip blaze on Thursday night, then were ordered to pack up and leave by a state ecologist. I met one of the cockies who suffered 60% burns when the Bunyip blaze burst out of the state forest. Was he dark on environmental “managers”

“The worst neighbour you can have,: he said, “is a national park.”

150. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

If he starts using his mobile out in the open he’ll be lucky to qualify for short service leave.

… dead ringer for Epstein …

The likeness is so close, you would think it was taken from the same photograph!

152. John Constantine

If you use ute sales as a marker of small business investment in Australia, you get the impression small business is terrified. Sales of light commercial vehicles collapsed in October 2019, down 11 per cent compared with October 2018.

At the start of the 2019, sales were much the same as last year. Some months a bit higher, some a bit lower. Around the middle of this year something changed. Sales of light commercial vehicles – which is mostly utes but includes vans and small buses – began to get worse and worse. In October, the fall was a whopping 11 per cent.

As the next graph shows, the “ute index” is in the red, with nearly 10,000 fewer light commercial vehicles sold compared with 2018

Australia already in per capita recession out in frontier country.[among private industry, not govvie sector.]

So lucky that we can borrow money from the chairman of the communist party of China to pay australias herds of public servants their well earned ‘saving the planet’ money.

153. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

samba time NSFW

154. MatrixTransform

while you can still afford petrol do a smoking burnout like yr tyres are worth something

best donuts evah!

155. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Less than 90 minutes to midnight AEDT, and 95 comments needed to crack 5,000.
    Can’t see it happening, folks.

156. Steve trickler

Historic and Iconic for the Loop.. Reminds me of The Dam Busters.

For those that may have missed it.

157. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

66 minutes left, and 91 comments needed.

158. Ellie

MV, to make it to 5000 we could count out loud the number of goose bumps we both got watching Zippy’s video.

159. Rebel with cause

Another KK attempt to show how totes woke she is backfires on Labor.

I’ve done my bit; good night.

161. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Good evening Elle.
    What makes you think I watched Zippy’s video?
    It looked like it might be a bit rude for me – you know how chaste I am.

And honest too.

162. Ellie

Being a lover of bottoms, like Zippy, I tried to find a male version of his video clip. Lots of gorgeous gay bottoms, but not many straight ones. 🤔

163. MatrixTransform

ah fuck it I’m out … mv and E … fromage time.

164. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

I’m a leg and bum man myself, Elle.
    But only ladees’ derrieres, not blokeses.

And I would never, ever watch naughty videos.

165. feelthebern

Ladbrokes didn’t offer a draw as a potential outcome in the Hall/Gallen fight.
    So they refunded the original stake.
    Plus 50% of the win.
    Would have cost them a bomb.
    Someone is losing their job at Ladbrokes tonight.
    Not a bad outcome, considering I took some at 2.30 & some more at 2.70.

166. Ellie

I think men’s bottoms are a beautiful thing, MV. They don’t get enough attention.

167. Science! is always right.

Don’t question the science workers.

168. max

Labor bankrupted Victoria in the 1980s. Here we go again.

‘STAGGERING’ FIGURE
    Vic budget sinks almost $1bn into deficit

169. Ellie

Naughty videos are for deviants, MV, and you are definitely not a deviant.

170. Knuckle Dragger

Liability Bob!

GET IN HERE!

171. Ellie

Rowan Dean has a great piece in the Spectator about Tony Abbott.

172. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Believe it or not Elle, a very, very long time ago I was a champion swimmer, and a contender for the next Olympic team. I had a very naughty aunt – aunty Jan, who said I had buttocks like two steel ball bearings. She used to grab a handful at every opportunity, much to my embarrassment.

173. mh

feelthebern
    #3212360, posted on November 15, 2019 at 10:53 am
    Barry Hall still paying 2.30 to beat Gallen (1.60).
    I feel like I need to unload on that.
    I’ve only had a nibble to date.

Result was a draw, 15 per cent profit for ftb.

If you backed Gallen a 20 per cent loss.

Correct?

174. Ellie

What was your main stroke, MV? Freestyle?

175. Ellie

PS. Your aunt was a bit inappropriate.

176. mh

Sorry bern, you posted while I was writing mine.

177. Ellie

71 comments needed to make 5000 by midnight.

178. Ellie

Why the focus on midnight, MV? Is there going to be a new open forum thread? Maybe Doomlord can answer that.

179. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Don’t laugh – I’m serious – breaststroke.
    But also butterfly, 400m individual medley, 4 X 100 medley relay (butterfly leg), and 4 X 100 freestyle relay (third leg).

180. Black Ball

So a treaty at both state and federal level will alleviate any problem between blacks and the rest? FMD. In my mind, any treaty will be a green light for more Aboriginal organisation chicanery. How many more billions of dollars must be wasted before improvements are recorded? Simple answer is lots more with no discernible positivity.

181. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

PS. Your aunt was a bit inappropriate.

True. But also drop dead gorgeous.
    My embarrassment wasn’t so much the squeeze from behind, as the bump in the front that it caused.
    Bit hard to hide when you’re wearing Speedos.

182. Knuckle Dragger

Fuck me dead.

Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket is one of the cops on Law and Order.

183. Black Ball

Now van Damme is on with the delectable Natasha Henstridge on Maximum Risk. 3 stubbies of Carlton Draught before bed.

184. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Aah, David Bowie.
    The Master.
    Thanks, Elle.

PS – Ever seen Labyrinth?

185. Ellie

MV, you’re talking about your speedos and your erection and Mr Ball makes an appearance.

186. Ellie

I do know of the movie, MV, but I haven’t seen it.

187. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Balls have a habit of doing that.

188. Steve trickler

Oh so close to 340 mph.

189. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

B-alls have a habit of doing that.

Leaving aside the legal issues – Can a State sign a valid treaty, or is that restricted to the Commonwealth? – Can any country sign a valid treaty with it’s own citizens – What happens about those who declare themselves not bound by any treaty – my understanding is that the latest demand is for a treaty with each of the five hundred or so “First Nations.” Given that some of those “First Nations” contain clans who can’t even agree on what day of the week it is – is there to be a separate Treaty with each clan?

191. Ellie

We’re not going to make the 5000 by midnight. If Armidillo was here we would. ☹

192. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

If you get the chance, watch it, Elle.
    A very young Bowie at his quirky best.

193. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

Who knows, Zulu.
    Given that these days the rule of is apparently passe, I guess anything is possible.

194. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault