Open Forum: November 16, 2019

4,084 Responses to Open Forum: November 16, 2019

1. Black Ball

No jupes. But reading today’s Hun makes you shake your head.

‘The 4 Olyroos banned for bringing the game into disrepute following an Olympic qualifying game in Cambodia can play club football this weekend.
    Melbourne City pair Lachy Wales and Nathaniel Atkinson, Adelaide United’s Riley McGree and Perth Glory’s Brandon Wilson are free to line up for their A-League sides.
    The four were all hit with lengthy national bans by FFA on Tuesday after breaking curfew on tour eight months ago.
    It is alleged one of the players invited a woman to their hotel room in Phnom Penh after making contact on Tinder.
    They are believed to have had consensual fornication.
    There was no suggestion of any assault or coercion.
    Wales, Atkinson and Wilson have been banned until August 10 and will miss the Tokyo Olympics. McGree has been suspended until April 1.
    The players have until next week to appeal.’

Now FMD. Unless the girl was actually a ladyboy, then what on God’s green earth is the problem? Another example of rank stupidity by those purporting to run our sporting codes.

Zulu, were the ATO contacting you regarding debt?

How was the ATO treating the debt owed?

It was one of those bureaucratic pieces of nonsense – if you ran a farm and had an “off farm income”, and the farm ran at a loss, you carried the loss forward, until you showed a profit, but you paid tax on the off farm income. You could apply to the Commissioner for a “special ruling” enabling you to offset the loss made, against the off farm income. If you behaved as though you were dealing with mentally deficient, small children, you had a good chance of success.

3. zyconoclast

The daughter of Britain’s “first gay dads” spoke out about her parents’ split on Monday, saying she’s happy one of her dads has found love with her ex-boyfriend.

Saffron Drewitt-Barlow, 19, is totally fine with her dad Barrie Drewitt-Barlow taking up with 25-year-old Scott Hutchison, whom she used to be linked to, she wrote in an Instagram post.

“Scott is one of my best mates and I am happy that he and daddy can finally feel comfortable enough to talk about their relationship,” Saffron wrote in a post shared by Barrie.

The teenager revealed that things were never romantic with Scott, and that she was only pretending to date him to keep his sexuality secret after he came out to her years ago.

4. zyconoclast

Joe Biden twitter

On this Transgender Day of Remembrance, we honor the memory of those we’ve lost—at least 22 trans and gender non-conforming people killed this year—and recommit to ridding this hate-filled violence from our society. Everyone deserves to live open and proud and free without fear.

5. jupes

Obviously heterosexual sex brings the game into disrepute.

Can you imagine any code banning a sodomite?

6. Black Ball

Cricket rolls around, so time for this to be screened. The conversation in the background is humourous.

7. mh

It was one of those bureaucratic pieces of nonsense

I would say the bureaucracy often cops blame that should be laid at the feet of politicians.

Look at the backpacker tax. Parliamentarians only show up for a few weeks a year, then finally thrash something out in December and want new rules from Jan 1. So six months of the financial year certain visa holders have their income taxed at different rates and the ATO has to explain to a 21 year old back in Tokyo why they still owe the ATO money.

I reckon a few CATS might already know about this ( :

Interesting link, thank you – that’s the first I knew how the tradition of the Light Horse, and the emu feather arose.

9. Knuckle Dragger

Dead b#ll my arse.

OK.
    So I am thinking that the subby who wrote this would be thinking he/she has climbed headline Everest.

DNA Test Confirms: Hunter Biden Cheated on His Dead Brother’s Widow

Then this gay love-child from the UK pops up … “hold my beer”.

zyconoclast

#3241578, posted on November 21, 2019 at 9:51 pm

Saffron Drewitt-Barlow, 19, is totally fine with …

… living with freaks.

11. Black Ball

“Is he out?”
    “No but I think the bowler is.”

12. Top Ender

Chris Kenny on Sky:

Australians tend to ‘question if you are Indigenous’
    21/11/2019|12min

Indigenous Affairs Minister Ken Wyatt says “it’s easy to tear apart history if you have a view that is contrary to the way in which the stories have been told and re-told”.

It comes amid doubts surrounding author Bruce Pascoe and his book ‘Dark Emu’ after evidence came out suggesting what is printed in the book is untrue.

“If I was reading that book for analysis, I would have sought to have a discussion with the author, look at the sources and had the discussion around where were those sources, are there other alternative sources used and not cited,” Mr Wyatt told Sky News on Thursday.

“I know Bruce and he has an incredible knowledge of that history and he would have reference sources he thought were credible.

“We never say to a Jewish person to demonstrate your Jewishness… but we tend to do that frequently in our country with Indigenous Australians.

“If Bruce tells me he’s Indigenous, then I know he’s Indigenous.”

Not sure if this link to the TV clip will work:

We have Sky but I’m sure I never signed up anything on the Mac to allow it to access Sky on the laptop.

13. Top Ender

Chris Kenny on Sky:

Australians tend to ‘question if you are Indigenous’
    21/11/2019|12min

“We never say to a J ewish person to demonstrate your Jewishness… but we tend to do that frequently in our country with Indigenous Australians.

“If Bruce tells me he’s Indigenous, then I know he’s Indigenous.”

Not sure if this link to the TV clip will work:

14. Top Ender

Chris Kenny on Sky:

Australians tend to ‘question if you are Indigenous’
    21/11/2019|12min

“We never say to a J ewish person to demonstrate your J ewishness… but we tend to do that frequently in our country with Indigenous Australians.

“If Bruce tells me he’s Indigenous, then I know he’s Indigenous.”

Not sure if this link to the TV clip will work:

Black Ball

#3241585, posted on November 21, 2019 at 9:59 pm

Cricket rolls around, so time for this to be screened. The conversation in the background is humourous

Fuckin’ tragedy that the bowler got up.
    That mullet is atrocious.
    Business at the front, party out the back my arse.
    That is concrete in the front yard, bushfire risk out the back.
    I can only hope they shaved his head to put the stitches in.

16. Steve trickler

I have never seen these songs played live. Yet, known for years.

The intro to Sirius makes you take notice. 😎

Knuckle Dragger

#3241589, posted on November 21, 2019 at 10:04 pm

Dead b#ll my arse.

Exactly.
    It’s fucking out.
    No different if a top edge had deflected off the keepers shoulder to first slip on the full.
    But nice try.
    Tough being caught behind when you cream a straight drive.

News Corp executive chairman Rupert Murdoch has said “there are no climate change deniers around I can assure you” after he was asked at the corporation’s AGM why his company gives them “so much airtime” in Australia.

Murdoch was speaking in New York on Wednesday when he received a question from a proxy for Australian activist shareholder Stephen Mayne….

Mayne, now’s there’s a prick for you. But that’s why the left win: they do the hard yards.

19. Knuckle Dragger

Haha.

There was some Faceache clip a few back with some punter giving his own commentary on the crikkit.

Batsman gets out. Commentator: ‘Oh, that’s out! If your missus asks why it’s out tell her it’s just fuckin’ out, alright?’

“If Bruce tells me he’s Indigenous, then I know he’s Indigenous.”

Any negotiations of a ‘Treaty” are going to be funnier then a circus, if that’s what it takes to be considered “indigenous.”

21. mh

Headline at RedState:

Kamala Harris Dares 2A Defenders to View Mass Shooting Autopsy Photos. I Dare Her to Look at Abortion Photos.

22. 132andBush

Re the Dark emu and aboriginal agriculture.

Judging by the state of it when the first fleet arrived they were the first to ban glyphosate.

Yeah, nah.
    Hard yards?
    Mayne hasn’t done a days hard work in his life.
    Just a spiv who hits the phones for about 3 hours a day shamelessly sucking up and getting media coverage.
    The best he can manage after 25 years of relentless touting is zero board seats, countless failed federal and state electoral tilts and one seat on a feral inner city council.

24. Geriatric Mayfly

The constellations of summer nights reappear. Orion, Canis, Taurus the Pleiades. Cosmic dust, alas, darkens that patch of the heavens behind which the now legendary Emu hides his radiance.

Mayne hasn’t done a days hard work in his life.

Wasn’t his father an entrepreneur?

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha

#3241613, posted on November 21, 2019 at 11:06 pm

Mayne hasn’t done a days hard work in his life.

Wasn’t his father an entrepreneur?

No idea.
    But the son is a five-star deadshit.

Little things.
    Just saw more footage of the Randy Andy car crash interview.
    In the palace (bzzt … wrong).
    On the table in the middle, a wine bottle with pale liquid and two flute glasses.
    Nup.
    A jug of water and two squat tumblers is the image you need.

28. Man, I am sorry I missed the hilarity lately at the Cat. Bernardi brings his career of failure to an ignominious end, then Sondland drops Trump and everyone in Trumpland in the poo. What fun!

29. Steve trickler

A great compilation of Big Boys recent travels. 30 mins.

Blow that whistle, Ed.

m0nty
    #3241624, posted on November 21, 2019 at 11:38 pm

Agree about Cory, past time and good riddance.

But about Sondland?
    We must have read different reports.

31. custard

Monty again shows he is the master of wrongology on this blog about almost anything.

No idea.
    But the son is a five-star deadshit.

To the best of my knowledge and belief, his family were the founders of Mayne Nickless Group, and went on to make a shedload in hospitals and pathology.

Man, I am sorry I missed the hilarity lately at the Cat

We haven’t missed you, oh Fascist Hyena. Not in the slightest.

34. But about Sondland?
    We must have read different reports.

No doubt your reports concentrated on the answers to questions by Jordan. Which mean very little. No one cares if Trump didn’t give orders directly, he gave them through Giuliani and that was enough.

35. mh

Some masturbation material for you monty

36. Nixon didn’t get off scot free for not giving orders directly to the Plumbers.

Every one of the Republican defences gets shot down by reality.

Enough is enough, No more buying online if it’s coming from China.

Third time loser, latest disaster, ordered two new latest USB SSD 1TB drives priced accordingly so not cheap, received 2 16Gb thumb-drives worth about a tenner each.
    How can they get away with this?
    I can fight them via PayPal but it’s not always effective, all they have to do is demand return via a particularly expensive carrier in a specified packing and you are stuffed.

Even at a price of a $100 you are likely to be behind provided they return your money, postage in a way specified costs over a 100.

I ask, how can the vendor deliver it free then?

Just somet else to ruin your day. Shyte.

Hoolocaust not unique: eco-warrior Roger Hallam disowned

AP
    7:37PM November 21, 2019
    No Comments

One of the British eco-warriors who founded Extinction Rebellion has been disowned by his allies and rebuked by the German government after insisting there was nothing “unique” about the Hoolocaust.

Roger Hallam created a schism in the radical protest movement on Wednesday with an interview with the German newspaper Die Zeit in which he described the Third Reich’s systematic murder of six million Joows as “just another f..kery in human history” and said genocide was “almost a normal occurrence”.

The comments drew a swift rebuke from German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas, who called the industrial-scale murder of Joows “uniquely inhuman”.

“We must always beware of this to ensure: never again!” Mr Maas wrote on Twitter.

German Greens co-leader Robert Habeck told the newspaper Bild “there must be no place for anti-Semitism or downplaying of the Hoolocaust”.

Mr Habeck urged Extinction Rebellion — known for its disruptive protests such as road blockades — to distance itself from Hallam.

From the Oz. Fight, you Greenie bastards, fight, I hate peace.

39. Atoms for Peace

Mark A. Same thing recently. Despite my research into a UK company, it backstopped to China . Did not get what I ordered. That recent article by ChinaLawyers covers it methinks.

40. Old School Conservative

Sondland drops Trump and everyone in Trumpland in the poo. What fun!

Monty, even Soros has changed the anti-Trump talking points from Sondland. Only you and the ABC are running with today’s early a.m. fake news.
    Mate, pal, buddy, fellow doughnut aficionado – Sondland said Trump wanted NOTHING. Sondland PRESUMED Trump wanted something.
    That means NO EVIDENCE.

Keep trying though. Your posts are shorter than the other troll.

41. Atoms for Peace

Monst. My new word for the day was panglossian. I now gift it to you.

Atoms for Peace
    #3241637, posted on November 21, 2019 at 11:55 pm

Hi AfP, I am in a somewhat better position here in Europe now that I can order most but not all things POD.

Never had a problem with those, it’s always the prepaid types be it PayPal or card.
    In future I stay away from those even if I have to miss out on a good deal otherwise.

Not that I have by the looks of it, being the loser every time in the deal.

How can Arky be so fond of the cheating baskets escapes me.
    He sound sane to me otherwise.

43. Done Deal

more startling insight from one of our publicly funded broadcasters, ie Special Broadcasting Shite; a small extract from the article
    Why do Australia’s bushfire defences rely on tens of thousands of volunteers?
    You might be tempted to think that the situation is clear-cut: a lack of government funding for services in rural areas. But the reality, as it turns out, is complicated — it involves the size of our country, the history of volunteer firefighting, and the unpredictable nature of bushfires.
    In fact, a number of former fire service chiefs told The Feed that relying on huge reserves of volunteers is the best way to fight bushfires. Here’s why.
    How do you fight a bushfire?
    According to Stuart Ellis, a former Chief Officer of the Country Fire Service in South Australia, there are two main reasons why the majority of Australia’s bushfire firefighters are volunteers.
    For one, even as fire seasons intensify, the need for firefighters at any one time will vary across Australia. It’s difficult to predict when and where the largest bushfires will be — even once fires start, a shift in wind direction can rapidly change things.
    “When volunteers are required, they need to be present in significant numbers and often close to the areas where the fires will occur,” Ellis explained to The Feed.
    “They bring with them local knowledge and familiarity and expertise in the local fuels, weather conditions and topography.”

the amount of time and resources that went into producing this long-winded masterpiece of stating the bleeding obvious probably would have bought a new fire truck or three

44. Oh come on

m0nty
    #3241632, posted on November 21, 2019 at 11:48 pm
    No one cares

Correct. No one cares. Except for the people who cared already.

But, by all means, keep spinning your wheels over this charade. It’s extremely heartening to see you and your ilk channelling your energy into such a worthless pursuit.

45. Correct. No one cares. Except for the people who cared already.

Those poll numbers on support for impeachment keep growing. Above 50% now, heading for well above 60. Nixonian levels approaching.

46. Oh come on

You put your faith in the polls, m0nts. It worked out so well for you last time, right?

Nobody cares.

47. dover_beach

It’s absolutely clear from the above that the ABC has been lying about Sondland’s testimony all day.

48. Infidel Tiger

Walls are closing in. Trump will surely be destroyed now… Rake!

49. Infidel Tiger

The latest polls show Trump’s approval rating improving. Especially so in swing states.

50. Black Ball

Mmmyes Monty. Explain please. Click on the links.

51. Oh come on

Trump is going to be impeached, by the way. Very likely to be. This will either help Trump come 2020 or it won’t make a lick of difference.

The only people who think this charade is of any consequence are people like you, m0nts. You do realise what that means, right?

52. Oh come on

Look at the Biden v Trump poll head-to-heads. Biden is apparently going to romp it home!

Fast forward a year…

– I’m going to beat him like a drum!

– Oh, you’ve finished your pudding, Mr Vice President. Let me take you to your room.

– But I am, God I mean gosh damn I mean darn it!

– I know, I know, of course you are. We can all have a big talk about later, how about that? Oh dear, will you look at the time, let’s get a move on. You’re going to miss Matlock, sir…

– o-o-o-ooohhh

53. We are now at the “so what if he did it, nyah nyah” stage. This too shall pass.

54. jupes

We are now at the “so what if he did it, nyah nyah” stage. This too shall pass.

Monty what do you think of the Joe Biden video where he brags about having the Ukrainian prosecutor sacked?

Evidence of corruption do you think?

55. Infidel Tiger

Look, I’m sure a crack addicted lunatic who had just been fired from the Navy and with zero expertise in oil and gas was the perfect board member for Burisma.

Nothing to see here.

56. Zyconoclast:

The Australian economy is “weak”, with households weighed down by slow wages growth and higher taxes, the OECD has declared in a report that backs lower interest rates, calls for more government spending and paves the way for unconventional monetary policies.

Considering that the OECD is staffed by Marxists and paid for by China, one would assume the reverse advice would be what Australia needs:
    …the OECD has declared in a report that backs higher interest rates, calls for less government spending…
    Now that looks better already.

57. 2dogs

Regarding the bribery charge, I simply don’t get it.

Is that Trump bribed Zelensky, or that Zelensky bribed Trump?

58. Colonel Crispin Berka

Here’s something fun and educational and very topical.
    The plan to subvert the State’s rights of the Electoral College!

59. 2dogs

Oh, I see – the Democrats are alleging that Trump demanded a bribe from Zelensky.

This requires that having a criminal investigation into one’s political opponents is of “value personally”.

There is a big problem with such a view, to see this note that house Democrats are currently engaged in a criminal investigation into their political opponent. This is must therefore be of “value personally” to them.

Since they are using public owned resources to do this, they are therefore using public funds to obtain that which is of “value personally” to them.

So if Trump is guilty of bribery by this measure, then house Democrats are guilty of embezzlement.

60. 2dogs

I would be prepared to accept that Trump was wrong in these dealings if it could be shown that he was, in general, biased in seeking criminal investigations against Democrats.

The charge would then be official misconduct rather than bribery.

The Democrats in this case need more evidence: they need to show where Republicans have been as bad or worse and Trump has done nothing.

FMD. David Rowe recites last month’s DNC talking point.

62. Mater

We are now at the “so what if he did it, nyah nyah” stage. This too shall pass.

Does that look something like this?

m0nty
    #2871339, posted on November 25, 2018 at 10:54 am

The limitations of the Murdoch press approach of waging long-running campaigns is shown up in things like the Red Shirts yarn. It bore no impact on regular voters, so they didn’t care.

No mention of V***nam or c**scription for 12 hours.
    It’s quiet.
    Too quiet.

Leigh Lowe
    #3241698, posted on November 22, 2019 at 5:34 am

No mention of V***nam or c**scription for 12 hours.
    It’s quiet.
    Too quiet.

Shhhsh keep your voice down.

65. Megan

You are tempting fate, Leigh.

Leak in fine form! Steve Breen’s is very good too. How mortifying that Charles of all people told Andrew to step aside.

Andrew ‘sacked after Charles stepped in’ (Paywallian)

Prince Charles ‘lobbied intensely’ for the Queen to strip his brother Prince Andrew of his duties over the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.

It’s quiet.
    Too quiet.

Is that the sound of an imputator being locked and loaded?

Ha, ha.
    Tampon Charlie calls out Randy Andy’s poor form.

something non controversial

Did You Know?

The English idiom “you can’t have your cake and eat it too” was originally said as “you can’t eat your cake and have it too”. The word order was reversed sometime around the 1930s.

Leigh Lowe
    #3241705, posted on November 22, 2019 at 6:03 am

Ha, ha.

Tampon Charlie calls out Randy Andy’s poor form.

Protecting the farm, wouldn’t you?

Typical Catallaxy alt-right dogma.

Leigh Lowe
    #3241709, posted on November 22, 2019 at 6:06 am

Typical Catallaxy alt-right dogma.

Knew you find it objectionable.

Excitement!

Deval Patrick cancels presidential campaign stop after two people attend (21 Nov)

Deval Patrick, former Massachusetts governor and a recent entry into the 2020 Democratic presidential race, canceled a campaign event on Wednesday after only two people showed up.

Mr. Patrick was slated to speak at the historically black Morehouse College in Atlanta Wednesday, but CNN reported he axed the event when “he arrived and learned that he would not have an audience.”

Which is fun since the following article came out Wednesday:

Endorsement or not, Deval Patrick is Barack Obama’s guy (Boston Herald, 20 Nov)

There is no question that Patrick is Obama’s candidate, no matter what either man says publicly. There is no way Patrick, who was working for Bain Capital, would be running if it were not for Obama and his small circle of friends pushing him. These people are also friends with Patrick.

These include Michelle Obama, Valerie Jarrett, a close friend of both Obamas, Susan Rice, David Axelrod, Obama’s longtime strategist and adviser, and Obama himself. All have urged Patrick to run in the past.

Doesn’t look like the golden glow is rubbing off onto Deval.

Bruce of Newcastle
    #3241711, posted on November 22, 2019 at 6:11 am

Excitement!

Do these people live in a bubble or what?
    Such naivety is astounding, at least he should have put out some feelers as to interested punters.

76. MatrixTransform

Moon? Women? 2024?

wont happen …

When the lunar module leaves the mothershypsys it will have to be reversed in to land on the surface.

MatrixTransform
    #3241713, posted on November 22, 2019 at 6:19 am

Moon? Women? 2024?

wont happen …

Plenty of space for parallel parking, no?
    Or just drive straight in.

78. MatrixTransform

Typical Catallaxy alt-right dogma.

Dogma right? Alt Catallaxy … typical !

79. MatrixTransform

Standbye Houston, one more coffee and I’ll have another go.

Dogma right? Alt Catallaxy … typical !

Thought it would stir the commo lefties into action. LOl😂

When the lunar module leaves the mothership it will have to be reversed in to land on the surface.

They will hit one of three things:-
    1. A tree;
    2. A shopping trolley;
    3. Apollo 11.

82. classical_hero

What was the Knight about?

Objects in the mirror may be cl ….. CRUNCH!

84. 1735099

For those with short memories (and the attention span of goldfish) – Special Counsel Robert Mueller found Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election using hacking and propaganda intended to sow discord, boost Trump’s candidacy and smear Hillary Clinton.

Twelve criminal charges were brought against Russian intelligence officers, accusing them of covertly monitoring employee computers, planting malicious code and stealing emails and other documents.

Now as the heat is applied, Trump and his acolytes are asserting that this stuff happened, but it was the Ukrainians, not the Russians, responsible.

Putin must be pissing himself with laughter.

85. Rafe Champion

China going nuclear at a great rate, also expanding coal power while cutting subsidies for wind and electric cars. Contrast with Germany and Australia!

Sorry everyone.
    I woke the imputator.

87. MatrixTransform

In a brilliant first for womynsys everywhere, the first trans-gender Astronaut has successfully landed on the moon.

A spokes-person said that they’re very pleased to have been allowed to pilot the module in this, the first International Wymynsys Year.

The universe’s first female captain, Colleen (formerly Colin) O’Scoppy laughed out loud when asked about reversing that sucker in.

88. 1735099

Straight from the Fatty 5D* playbook

In Case 1,000, Netanyahu is accused of receiving gifts worth over $200,000 from friends over an extended period, while Case 2,000 and Case 4,000 both involve alleged attempts by Netanyahu to secure positive media coverage in exchange for political favors.

No wonder they adore each other…..

*Trump has a weight problem and was deferred 5 times escaping service in Vietnam.

LL see what you done?
    Sheeesh we can never be careful enough.

90. MatrixTransform

Putin must be pissing himself with laughter.

Oh, so now you’re Imputin’ Putin ?

clown

Under attack from the 4th Communist Imputation Division!!!

Imputin’ Putin.
    Snort, cackle.

4 down
    Feedback concerning lawsuits (9) beginning with R

Do these people live in a bubble or what?

Just do a freakin’ rent-a-crowd like all lefties do.
    How hard is it.
    The meeja would have co-operated (no wide shots of the sparse crowd).

forget it, got it revisions

96. MatrixTransform

the funniest thing is how similar they all sound
    Numpturd, m0nsturd, Delcon, youWontBelieveItsNotPeter et al

at least thy’re good sports heh?

11 accross
    Overwhelms when I take nun on dates (9) —-D-S–

I can’t get this one.

The Deval went down to Georgia,
    And no-one gave a shit.
    (Apologies to Charlie Daniels).

11 accross
    Overwhelms when I take nun on dates (9) —-D-S–

I can’t get this one.

Conscription?
    It is my go-to answer when I am stuck.

100. jo

Mark A, if you bought it through EBay it is quite simple. Contact the sender through eBay telling them that it is not what you ordered and what are they going to do about it. If they say send it back ask for a return packing coupon from them or your money back. If they don’t want to know complain to eBay. EBay will look at the correspondence and sort it out. If ordered directly go through PayPal and if paid by credit card go to your provider. Done it all three ways. Get even not angry.

Rebuttals?

Ugh, do we have to? I’ve addressed both his topics probably half a dozen times each already. Crowdstrike had Ukrainian links and Steele had Russian sources, which disproves Numbers on the favouring Trump bit. As for the hurting fluffy bunny indictments read Caroline Glick’s forensic take downs.

Time for Randy Andy to have dinner at the Paris Ritz and go for a drive in the tunnel sans seatbelt.

And while I’m on it read Dersh from a few days ago.
    Dershowitz to Israeli AG: Drop charges against Netanyahu
    Dersh is a lefty, but is concerned with the erosion of the rule of law.

jo
    #3241743, posted on November 22, 2019 at 7:06 am

Thanks Jo, been there done that.

It’s happening more and more lately and I have been successful with PayPal once. but not other times due to the terms and conditions of the vendor. They specify the carrier usually DHL and the type of packaging they require, regardless of who or what they themselves use. Making it so expensive as to turn you off proceeding.

I’m really fuming because the substitutes are so obvious and blatant, they think the buyer is a moron not to notice.

Yes I sent off an email straight away, not sure about the coupon, have to read the terms.
    Buying online is very convenient to me and it used to be no hassle.
    This is the third time in a months that I’m being cheated, the first two I let go because of the small amounts involved and the difficulty dealing with the vendor.

I still put in a complaint of course but this time it’s a reasonable amount and I’m p…sd off too, so I pursue it as far as I can.

105. struth

Good Moaning

at least thy’re good sports heh?

Yeah, but it’s like trying to feed a baby in a high chair that doesn’t want to eat.
    You’re constantly wiping their chins.

Like this just spat out (dummy long gone)

He he.
    For those of you who believe this has any effect on an election compared to the Australian Labor Party actually going to the United States to campaign for Hillary you might be a Moron.
    Robert Mueller said he caught a coupla Russian teenagers which again he never proved and they fucked that up by actually coming to the USA to defend themselves and the case was thrown out.

Like releasing a transcript of a phone call.
    The truth is a powerful weapon we on our side will always have.

106. PeterM

BoN – Rebuttals was just a crossword suggestion

107. zyconoclast

Apple Canceled ‘The Banker’ Premiere Amid S3xual Abuse Claims Against Real-Life Subject’s Son

Cynthia and Sheila Garrett allege they were assaulted by their half-brother Bernard Garrett Jr., the son of the subject of the drama.

On Nov. 5, Bernard Garrett Jr. was onstage at an entertainment industry event with George Nolfi, who directed the new Apple original movie The Banker. The film tells the story of Garrett Jr.’s. father, a black man who recruited a white man to front his growing financial business some six decades ago in a pre-Civil Rights Act America. Garrett Jr., initially billed as a co-producer of The Banker, was supposed to be one of its faces, along with stars Samuel L. Jackson and Anthony Mackie, during the film’s press tour.

Since the Nov. 5 event, though, Garrett Jr.’s credit has disappeared from publicity materials, further appearances have been canceled, and on Wednesday the film’s Thursday night AFI Film Festival premiere was scrapped by Apple.

108. Shy Ted

After recent discussions and articles about the validity of Indig qualifications, as if to prove the point, The Dumb invites Indig perfesser (health I think). Towards the end when the topic is the evaluation of terrorists research which quite clearly shows that re ligion, suddenly, “terro rism started in 1788. Police tism towards Indig youth. Incarceration tism. Stolen lands tism. Stolen language tism. AGW tism. We must listen to the elders about water management for huge cities. There was never a bushfire before 1788.”
    If you get a chance watch the last few minutes on iView. Even by Dumb standards it’s looney toons. I do hope Ita was watching.

incoherent rambler
    #3241754, posted on November 22, 2019 at 7:45 am

Is Impudenda okay for scrabble?

Is that safe for family or work?
    Sounds naughty to me. Can’t place it tho.

110. Twostix

M0nty back on the wagon I see.

Very weak, no self control!

111. zyconoclast

Ohio mom is sentenced to 37 years for killing her three infant sons because she feared they would grow up to abuse women – after she was impregnated by her mother’s boyfriend, 47, when she was 17

Pilkington’s three-month-old son, Noah, was found dead in August 2015 in her and her husband’s apartment in Bellefontaine, in western Ohio. A four-year-old son, Gavin, had died in April 2015, and another infant, Niall, had died in July 2014.

The mother confessed to killing the boys the day Noah was found, telling police in a taped confession that she was depressed and worried her sons would eventually become abusive toward women.

112. zyconoclast

Elon Musk’s father has baby with step-daughter he has known since she was four

The father of Elon Musk, the billionaire tech entrepreneur, says it was “God’s plan” for him to have a baby with his own stepdaughter.

Errol Musk, 72, described the 10-month-old baby boy he had with Jana Bezuidenhout, 30, as “exquisite”.

He married her mother Heide when Jana was four but told The Sunday Times he did not consider her to be his stepdaughter because she had been raised away from the family for long periods of time.

He had two children with Ms Bezuidenhout’s mother before divorcing after 18 years of marriage.

He said Jana had contacted him last year after splitting up with a boyfriend.

113. Shy Ted

Inundates. Easiest clue ever. But you don’t seem to have the D & S in the right spots. Start again.

114. zyconoclast

A-list gay couple ‘married’ by Justice Ginsburg arrested for rape of male student

MICHIGAN, February 4, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – A prominent homosexual couple whose “marriage” was officiated by United States Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is being held pending extradition to Texas for the 2010 rape of a then-23-year-old male student.

Renowned opera countertenor David Daniels, 52, and conductor Scott Walters, 37, were arrested on warrants issued in Texas charging both men with sexual assault of an adult, according to multiple reports.

115. johanna

Pans rearranged in pairs.

116. Did anybody cash in on the spot bets in the crikket?

The S.A. rigging disease has arrived here.

The louder they talk, the more they reveal what they have been up to.

It’s their only trick … blaming Trump for the stuff they were doing.

Ask them for a full list of which oil companies Trump was working for and how much he earned.

118. zyconoclast

How The Oral Polio Vaccine Can Cause Polio

Just last month, the World Health Organization announced that two of three strains of polio had been eradicated. It’s been one of the great success stories of modern medicine. The disease, which, of course, can lead to paralysis, has been reduced to just a handful of cases around the world. But now scientists say there’s been a troubling setback. One of the vaccines used to prevent polio has actually been causing some people to get polio.

119. Cassie of Sydney

“For those with short memories (and the attention span of goldfish)”

Oh look…..the Joo hating racist turd from Toowoomba is actually engaging in some self reflection

#3241540, posted on November 21, 2019 at 8:44 pm

One reason the abc is so arrogant:

(4) Nothing in this section shall be taken to impose on the Corporation a duty that is enforceable by proceedings in a court.

Unfriggenbelievable.

SFL.

Shy Ted
    #3241760, posted on November 22, 2019 at 7:55 am

Thanks it stumped me.
    I never was much good at cryptic but taken up on advice.
    It helps a lot.

ABC interviewed the Children’s Commissioner this week. One of her goals is to get children out of state “care”, which si failing them, via fostering or adoption.

The week before one of their big stories was an indigenous academic saying indigenous children should not be fostered or adopted by white families, thus condemning most to state “care”.

Ideology trumps people.

The damage the Left continues to inflict upon indigenous folk is profound.

‎22 ‎November 1952 – Pastoralist and mining entrepreneur Lang Hancock discovers iron ore while flying over the Hamersley Range of the Pilbara region in Western Australia.

124. Cassie, more detail is required to identify that poster from Toowoomba.
    Do you mean the bra wearing, overweight, short, irrational, lobotomized, donut eating one?

125. Boambee John

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #3241604, posted on November 21, 2019 at 10:39 pm
    “If Bruce tells me he’s Indigenous, then I know he’s Indigenous.”

BTW, can someone identify when stating that someone had a “touch of the tarbrush” ceased to be a grossly offensive remark, and failing to recognise claims to have such became an eeeevil waaacist act?

126. I suspect that most families long established in the bush and rural small towns are likely to have a “touch of the tarbrush” somewhere in their background. Lots of bushies should just claim to have such, and join the negotiations. That is what the fascist left would do, indeed, almost certainly are now doing, and will continue to do.

Exactly correct. Most of us do have a touch of the dusk.

It doesn’t matter, it is not something to be proud or ashamed of, but it is a point of reference to be used to out crazy the crazies.

127. jo

Mark A, I though you would have being a rational cat. Have you looked at this, item 10. I think this covers and supersedes vendors terms and conditions. Illegitimi non carborundum.

128. Boambee John

m0nty
    #3241634, posted on November 21, 2019 at 11:50 pm
    Nixon didn’t get off scot free for not giving orders directly to the Plumbers.

m0nty’s whole life has been about Watergate, and he isn’t even old enough to have lived through it!

129. jo

Mark A, don’t know why the link didn’t work. Ebay user agreement.

130. I am certain that I have ingenious* heritage.

* maybe that’s ingenuous or even endogenous

According to my kids English teacher, the spelling doesn’t matter.

131. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

China demands Trump veto bills on Hong Kong
    China on Thursday demanded President Donald Trump veto legislation aimed at supporting human rights in Hong Kong and renewed a threat to take “strong countermeasures” if the bills become law.

132. mh

😆

133. I for one reckon men in the family court really need to be absolute mad bastards and start a shit train of racially based accusations towards the family courts.

“Justice for Professional Thugby League Players, ya ferkin white dogs!”

“All youse Family court judges are dog-arsed c##ts!”***

“Land rights and parental access for fathers”

Get this insane shit pumping on lunatic fringe white hating Aboriginal groups in face book, use the ALS and government funded organisations that produce black armband industry literature.

***

Defending the offensive

Sydney barrister Mark Dennis in his 2011 paper ‘Dog Arse Koontz’ takes a look at what constitutes offensive manner and language under Australian law.

Mr Dennis outlines that a key issue regarding the definition of offensive from the perspective of a criminal defence lawyer is that the word “calculated” means “intended,” as it is much harder for the prosecution to prove that offensive behaviour was intended to be so…

jo
    #3241780, posted on November 22, 2019 at 8:15 am

I’m too rational.
    And far too busy, sometimes it’s just not worth my time to pursue the matter.
    I suppose that’s what the cheating vendors are counting on.
    Not this time.

And in the future I just won’t buy from any vendor located in China, if enough of us do it then something will change.

135. mh
    #3241787, posted on November 22, 2019 at 8:20 am

The fuck how is that funny? It’s like laughing at Risdale being arrested before the trial happened.

136. HAS

ANYONE

EVER

ACTUALLY

READ

THE COURT CASE

THAT EFFECTIVELY BANNED

PRE NUPTIAL AGREEMENTS IN ‘STAYA!?

THORNE v. KENNEDY (B14/2017)
    Court appealed from: Full Court of the Family Court of Australia
    Date of judgment: 26 September 2016
    Special leave granted: 10 March 2017

The parties to this appeal are the appellant wife (“the wife”) and the deceased husband’s personal representatives (“the husband’s representatives”).

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK MATE!?

jo
    #3241784, posted on November 22, 2019 at 8:17 am

Mark A, don’t know why the link didn’t work. Ebay user agreement.

Doesn’t matter, not Ebay, I bought it through a Belgian retailer who assured me of local supply.
    I send and email before I fill in the form asking a few questions, obvious waste of time in this case.

138. This is considered “oppressive” in ‘Straya!

The wife, then aged 36 and the husband, then aged 67 met over the internet in mid-2006. At the time that they met, the wife was not living in the country of her birth and her English language skills had been informally acquired. She had no children and no assets of any substance. The husband however was an Australian property developer with assets worth at least $18 million. He was divorced from his first wife, and had adult children

Following their courtship, the wife travelled to Australia with the husband in February 2007 and moved into his penthouse. On 26 September 2007, with their wedding scheduled for 30 September 2007, the wife and the husband signed a Financial Agreement (“the September Agreement”). It provided that the wife was to receive a total payment of $50,000 plus CPI in the event of a separation after at least 3 years of marriage. There were some other provisions of a testamentary nature which provided for the wife to receive a penthouse worth up to $1.5M, a Mercedes and a continuing income in the event of the husband’s death “prior to either party signing a Separation Declaration following separation”.

DOWN WITH THE PATRIARCHY!

CORPORATE VEAL FATTENING PENS FOR ALL WAHMEN!

139. Boambee John

Not only is the imputator awake, but the perseveration is now full-blown!

140. mh

Fredo fail

CNN’s Chris Cuomo mocked after attempt to disprove Trump’s phone theory with call to mom fails

141. Arky

Stupid and evil.

142. Trump is a very bad man and I am billionaire entrepreneur spastic noggie educator.

More than once, I called out fellow RSL members (where I never go) because they called Vietnamese noggies.

Not that many of you ever heard of that insult until I brought it up.

Routinely I brought buses full of noggie kids to the Toowoomba cinema to watch classic films in the late 1970s.

This is where I routinely confronted racist ex servicemen who were also gun loving closeted homosexuals.

I also holiday in America and go to NRA ranges to fire machine guns.

The Viet Minh were very nice people and were betrayed by the UN and Allen Foster Dulles.

I am a Ph D student with multiple degrees, but it is actionable to ask me what degrees I actually have, or insist that a teaching college 2 year course is not, actually a bachelor’s degree or higher.

I also unironically post on reddit on the /iamverysmart boards.

143. What a cheap asshole. Old geezer was almost 70 and expected her to polish his helmet for less than fifty bucks a day?
    Stupid and evil.

OH SNAP

She’s a whore.

144. Arky

She’s a whore.

Yes, but the good sort of whore.
    Not like she is a property developer, politician or lawyer.

No wonder Joe Biden was listless in the debate.

Hunter Biden-linked company received $130M in special federal loans while Joe Biden was vice president (21 Nov, via Instapundit)

An investment firm linked to Hunter Biden received over $130 million in federal bailout loans while his father Joe Biden was vice president and routed profits through a subsidiary in the Cayman Islands, according to federal banking and corporate records reviewed by the Washington Examiner.

Financial experts said the offshore corporate structure could have been used to shield earnings from U.S. taxes.

Rosemont Capital, an investment firm at the center of Hunter Biden’s much-scrutinized financial network, was one of the companies approved to participate in the 2009 federal loan program known as the Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility, or TALF.

The stuff that’s coming out will keep lawyers busy for the rest of his life. Which maybe quite short. My tip to Mr Biden: don’t go anywhere near Arkansas.

146. 1735099

What is it about the Right and bankruptcy?

147. What is it with genocide apologist communists who think gun owners who are psychotic closet homosexuals who holiday in the US and go to shoot machine guns at NRA ranges?

148. bern

A treat for the likes of you.

4:15 to 4:21 is classic Sopranos comedy. The mockery of serious foolishness.

What was the Knight about?

Suburban Melbourne shitfight: hipsters demanding human rights for their pets versus council rulebook fascists.

150. Dr Faustus

Here in the UK, the media is having the best time with Randy Andy, Duke of Pork, Vice Admiral etc, etc. Which makes it hard [hard, hard, geddit? Hard, snork, snork…] to avoid exposure to the whole grotty train wreck.

The latest tabloid horror:

Former Epstein housekeeper says Prince Andrew was entertained by a ‘beautiful young neurosurgeon’ who she believes was ‘given’ to him by the p3dophile during three-day visit his New Mexico ranch in 2001

So, medical degree + two years of internship + five years of professional training all knocked off within the age of consent – only to end up as a desperate trick turner.
    Tragedy.

He’s even lost The Onion now.

Biden Complains Moderators Keep Giving Him Ample Time To Speak

Onionistas must be smarting that the Bees have stolen their honey.

152. Another day, another testimony on Capitol Hill completely destroying weak GOP defences. Fiona Hill tells Devin Nunes to his face that the Crowdstrike stuff is nonsense.

153. Arky

Evidence of Scott Adams two simultaneous movies theory in Monty’s above post.
    It’s like their brains aren’t even on the same planet anymore.
    At least try to see the other side of things.
    Imagine if it was your candidate facing this level of opposition.

154. 8th Dan

Is Impudenda okay for scrabble?

You’ve lost Cassie and Boambee John.

Good morning; and a hearty get fucked to the Indian Ocean Dipole and the Modoki El Nino for causing the hot dry weather and allowing the alarmists to go beserk.

In other news the wombat basher’s fate is imminent:

156. Arky

Imagine if Trump’s son got a lucrative board position on the most corrupt company in one of the most corrupt countries on Earth and then Trump withheld aid until the investigating prosecutor was fired, AND SAID SO ON TAPE. AND his son also took 1.5 billion from the chicoms.
    Unbelievable that this thing is even the basis for anything but Biden going away and hiding under a rock and the democrats shutting the fuck up about it and hoping it blows over.

157. mh

A new Emerson poll finds President Trump’s approval has increased in the last month with 48% approval and 47% disapproval, a bounce from 43% approval in the last Emerson National poll in October. Support for impeachment has flipped since October from 48% support with 44% opposing to now 45% opposed and 43% in support. The biggest swing is among Independents, who oppose impeachment now 49% to 34%, which is a reversal from October where they supported impeachment 48% to 39%.

158. Dave in Marybrook

Boambee Joan-
    had an interesting talk on this with Aaaartist Mike Parr, in Perth in the 90’s.
    The tar-brush itself was hot bitumen, taken along the trenches in a double-boiler can and applied to wounds as a cauterising sealer- mentioned in dispatches from the Great War, and also Crimea and the Boer. But the original “touch of the tar-brush” only gained overgropund currency after WW2, when the medicals who had witnessed previous trauma used it as a euphemism for shell-shock, which is now recognised as PTSD- to say a patient has had a touch of the tar-brush then was to imply the distress of an older injury which might not be physically apparent. “touch” here is of a part with “tapped” – ie a light blow, but to the head, and the mind.
    I don’t know exactly when it took on it’s all-eclipsing racialist slanderous quality- long before booing an entitled mixed-race whinging stager became racist. When Parr first heard it muttered behind his back it was the 80’s, and he thought of the racial implications rather than the obvious loss of his arm.

159. Mater

When I was a young man I carried my pack
    And I lived the free life of a scholar
    From the great Kedron Park to the dusty outback
    I spruiked the virtues of squalor

Then in 1967 my country said son
    Your can finish your course, but there’s work to be done
    So they deferred me a bit, then gave me a gun
    And they sent me away to the war

And the band played Waltzing Matilda
    As the wheels lifted into the air
    And above all the tears and the shouts and the Cheers
    You could still hear me yelling “NOT FAIR!”

How well I remember that terrible day
    When the globe on the projector exploded
    And how in the hell could they expect me to play
    The Feature that I’d just locked and loaded
    The Q store was packed, I’d done my job well
    I’d lectured the Regulars, and taught them to spell
    But as for a globe, it’d all gone to hell
    I wished I was back in Australia

But the band played Waltzing Matilda
    As the Diggers displayed their despair
    They’d done all this time, the dirt and the grime
    Only to sit there and stare

Now those of the left, we did our best to survive
    In a Right Wing war founded on fear
    And for five long months I kept myself alive
    Until I snagged a job in the rear

Then the big date arrived, knocked me arse over head
    My old path was now free to be tread
    But for the next 50 years, others wished THEY were dead
    Now THEY know there are worse things than dying

And no more I’ll go Waltzing Matilda
    The notion itself, unrealistic
    For to wonder this land, climb a rock and just stand
    Seems to me, horribly Imperialistic

160. Johno

Westpac seem to be guilty of being slack.The horror headlines initially read that the whole 23 million transactions were illegal,and that $11B was involved in these transactions.

Now it turns out that possibly 12 people or transactions are involved, totaling some $150,000.

The main concern is that Westpac did not install software that facilitated detection of dodgy overseas transactions.
    Westpac themselves informed Austrac of a dodgy transaction and the follow up revealed that Westpac had been slack.

The CEO just said that they would not defend the charges and expects the fines to be in the $Billions.

161. Johno

Now it appears that there were 3,000 transactions over a period of three years. $500,000 all up.

Seems like overkill.

162. dover_beach

Indeed. But what we see is the Dems going on the attack. Marvel at the chutzpah. They are arguing that the corruption involving Hunter Biden gets a pass because his dad is a potential presidential candidate and that any investigation of Hunter would also involve Joe and that as this would ‘personally’ advantage Trump is ‘impeachable’.

N.B. The chutzpah is mitigated because they can only engage in such a strategic feint and lie because the MSM is all-in too, but this is where we are right now, politically and culturally.

And no more I’ll go Waltzing Matilda
    The notion itself, unrealistic
    For to wonder this land, climb a rock and just stand
    Seems to me, horribly Imperialistic

Mater wins the order of the choccie frog for the day.

164. lotocoti

Probably some time after The Chant of Jimmy Blacksmith (1972) was part of the English curriculum for the 1979 HSC.

165. Old School Conservative

Well writen Mater.

166. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Re Quaintarse delays.
    I have had a cursory look at some background info.
    I can’t see any Sydney Airport runway closures specifically for cross-wind over the last couple of months.
    The cross-wind component for a 737 (ie the maximum wind at 90 degrees to runway direction) is 35 kts.
    Starting to look and do some calcs. For example, if the wind is above 35 kts but not at an angle of 90 degrees to the runway, it can still be OK.

I am not seeing any consistent winds that would warrant a delay.

Lying xunts is my conclusion.

I’m reposting this in case it was missed late last night. Senior Qantas retiree went out on a high note that cross-winds over the past four months are da worst evah due to da climate.

Kudos to Leigh Lowe for doing original research and calling out this major climate lie and liar.

Also to Beer Whisperer for adding that winds are in part a function of the earth’s rotation, and therefore not another miracle of climate change science that has rapidly come upon us.

Skilled Catalaxians at work! Bravo.

167. struth

As a professional lyras …lira…..lyric………………song writer, I must say.
    Wacko old chap.
    Splendid work.
    I am suitably chuffed.

Yesterday in Victoriastan was a typical late-spring early-summer day – 36-39C – with a northerly wind thrown into the mix and the media hysteria was inter-planetary.

The entire government and media fucktard industrial complex warned us that Ash Wednesday would rain down on us again. Of course, nothing happened. It was just a hot day, with a red desert dust storm in Mildura – typical when the northerly comes up.

This morning, the rip-and-read radio news came up with the ludicrous fantasy, evidently fed to them by the political activists in the weather bureau, that yesterday was the hottest November day in Victoriastan since 1894.

We will probably have to wait several days for the construction of this lie to be exposed by Jo Nova, who’s up to her neck in the latest climate lies of the CSIRO and the loony left.

The news media – especially the TV networks — are the enemy of the people.

169. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

It’s OK to investigate all of Trump’s family and run interference there though.

Outstanding hypocrisy.

170. Shy Ted

Leigh Lowe and Mark A, I hate to out you like this but, what was Nambers like as a Principal?
    Johanna went to a proper school. Must have beaten her by milliseconds as we both posted at 7.55. This is because men have bigger brains (not Leigh and Mark of course) and are better at stuff.

171. RobK

Moon? Women? 2024?
    Handbag hook has been mounted on side of main console.

Excellent work!

A gold star for you, Mater.

Is Impudenda okay for scrabble?

Is that safe for family or work?

Yep.
    It’s a derivative of imputate.
    As in “don’t youse imputate my character”.

174. struth

Monty has the worst and longest recorded case of TDS .

He has also got MSMBSSS

Main Stream Media Bullshit Swallowing Syndrome.

It’s embarrassing after all these years and tears.

Here you come again and here I go……………was it Crystal Gail?

In he comes again,
    Just when all of us thought he might be cured.
    And raving on again,
    Like a laying hen.
    With donuts stacked on every finger

Here he comes again
    Can’t seem to get Trump off his mind
    It just cannot be
    He’ll just refuse to see
    “cause he’s officially TDS blind……………….

Chorus

All he’d have to do, is a bit of research
    but then again, facts are not important
    But leave it up to him and he’d repeat all the lies,
    that his left wing masters keep trying to devise…….

175. 8th Dan

A gold star for you, Mater.

Eric Bogle just slashed his wrists.

2GB reports Milton Orkopoulos given parole.

177. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I don’t see that ‘touch of the tar brush’ has necessarily to do with any military usage re wound cauterizing, which was used as far back as in Roman and Saxon times to deal with sword amputations in battle, or as punishment. Tar was a common substance used in building and shipbuilding and in many other ways.

The term likely arose simply out of the reference it made to a small amount of ‘blackness’ in the gene pool. If you look at this list of ethnic slurs, the skin colour themes are many. It is an interesting terminological list, and accompanied by links to other lists. Reminds me of Hairy being asked by an old Cambridge friend to contribute some Australianisms to a collection of such terms the friend was preparing for publication. He obliged with what had clearly been some choice results of his listening ear in many an Aussie pub.

M0nty – LOL. You really shouldn’t believe your own propaganda.

Fiona Hill Worked with Christopher Steele, Author of Russia ‘Dossier’

Fiona Hill, the former National Security Council (NSC) official who is testifying in Thursday’s impeachment inquiry, admitted in her closed-door deposition to having worked with Russia “dossier” author Christopher Steele.

Fiona Hill Penned Washington Post Op-ed Against Giving Ukraine Weapons in 2015

Dr. Fiona Hill told the impeachment inquiry Thursday that she was concerned that a hold on aid might endanger Ukraine’s security. But in a 2015 Washington Post op-ed, Hill argued against giving Ukraine any lethal weapons.

Aaany day now…
    FISA report due 9 Dec. We’ll see what that says, given Steele and Hill are neck deep in the conspiracy.

Mater at 9:15.
    Phone call for you.
    It’s some lawyer for a bloke called Eric Bogle.

180. Mater

Eric Bogle just slashed his wrists.

No need for that. His version was ok, too!

181. one old bruce

Yes Lizzie, Coal tar is still used for washing and treating skin diseases. It makes the skin go brown for a while. It feels nice on the skin but the smell can get to you after a while. Kind of industrial smell, like old gas works (who remembers those?).

182. 8th Dan

Poor Devin Nunes was totally flummoxed by Sondlands jovial “everyone was in the loop” testimony. Poor chap looked liked he was gonna cry … and had to miss his turn. I burst out laughing.

183. Knuckle Dragger

‘I burst out laughing.’

Much like everyone else did when your dear friend Mr Batterham found out it was ok to kill rapists who break into your house in the middle of the night.

184. Knuckle Dragger

‘I burst out laughing.’

Much like everyone else did when your dear friend Mr Batterham found out it was ok to kill ropists who break into your house in the middle of the night.

185. 8th Dan
    #3241883, posted on November 22, 2019 at 10:16 am

Poor Devin Nunes was totally flummoxed

How about that Ben Batterham verdict eh?!

ROFL.

Sondland’s ‘bombshell’ turns out to be merely his ‘presumption’

Asked outright, “No one on this planet told you that President Trump was tying aid to investigations. Yes or no?”, he answered, “Yes.”

The followup: “So you really have no testimony today that ties President Trump to a scheme to withhold aid from Ukraine in exchange for these investigations.”

Sondland’s answer: “Other than my own presumption.”

A fertile imagination! Possibly he was also imagining what might happen to his business if he said the wrong thing.

‘Witness Intimidation’: Democrat Ends Boycott of Sondland’s Hotels After He Testifies

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) officially ended his boycott of the hotel chain owned by U.S. Ambassador to the E.U. Gordon Sondland after he testified against President Donald Trump in Wedesday’s impeachment inquiry. Blumenauer had encouraged the public to boycott Sondland’s Provenance Hotels until he testified.

Sondland seems to have threaded the needle successfully, although I haven’t heard whether any of his hotels have burned down yet.

187. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Forgot to link, and forgot to say that Hairy’s friend was compiling an international listing of terms for matters sexual. Must be getting forgetful, as lately I lost two things I was supposed to be carrying. First one was my favorite black-specked very light Amarni jacket and the second one was my favorite Coles freezer bag. The jacket was lost down at Watsons Bay while I was waiting for a ferry, and I thought I would never see it again. Six hours later it turned up blown by the wind from a picnic table where I’d placed it while waiting for the ferry. It had lain unnoticed and undisturbed against a low stone wall under some bushes, remaining there whilst the crowds of visitors meandered around, thinking its Italian material must have been a bit of old rag or black plastic. What a come down for Armani!! I wore it home then, for it wasn’t even dirtied from the leaf litter it nestled amongst.

The Coles cold bag I left on the ferry and am sure I will never see it again. It was light blue and dark blue stripes and very smart, as far as $3 Coles bags go. If you find it, consider it yours. 🙂

I must need my morning cuppa, which I haven’t had yet.

188. Knuckle Dragger

Oh….. if I had an SLR
    I’d lock and load it in the morning
    Impute it in the evening
    Get muh daughter to agree with me

No need for that. His version was ok, too!

I’ve been to an Eric Bogle concert – he confessed to the audience that he had enlivened a back yard barbecue, by drinking a fearsome amount of cask wine, and throwing up in the swimming pool…

190. Knuckle Dragger

‘very light Amarni jacket’

Couldn’t resist.

‘Born March 12th, 1998, AMARNI age 21 is a Rapper/Singer/Dancer from Sydney, Australia. Long respected as a hip-hop dancer, AMARNI’s story is one of opportunity’

191. thefrollickingmole

The Batavia mutineers copped a touch of the tarbush.
    JERONIMUS CORNELISZ, of Haarlem, Apothecary, and late under Merchant of the ship Batavia, on Monday, being the first of October, as he has requested to be baptised, [shall be taken] to Seals Island, to a place made ready for it in order to exercise Justice, and there firstly to cut off both his hands, and after shall be punished on the Gallows with the Cord till Death shall follow, with confiscation of all his money, gold, Silver, monthly wages, and all claims which here in India he may have against the profits of the Gen. East India Company, our Lord Masters.

After the amputations their stumps were dipped in hot pitch so they didnt cheat the gallows by bleeding to death….

192. Knuckle Dragger

Hang on.

Lizzie, you waited six hours for a ferry?

193. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

That seems a far more likely origin for the modern saying of ‘a touch of the tar brush’. Brown skin will out in the ‘whitest’ of families, etc, was the thinking. There used to be a general myth that aboriginal ‘blood’ always ‘watered down’ with ‘white blood’, and thus you didn’t get genetic surprises at birth with a ‘throwback’ that it was believed could be the case with ‘Negro blood’, back to the fifth generation, the old wives would whisper.

I haven’t a clue whether there is any genetic reality to those beliefs. I suspect not. Such fears became exaggerated too by the ‘passing’ for white that many with some African heritage did in the US, dominated by ‘colour’ memes as it was in the post-Civil War era. The old movie ‘Pinky’ expressed some of these fears and concerns.

194. First one was my favorite black-specked very light Amarni jacket and the second one was my favorite Coles freezer bag.

Did I mention the time that Wayne Bennett, Tony Abbott, Brad Hazzard, Des Hasler and I were in the Dee Why Oporto?

195. Snoopy

I for one don’t believe Fiona Hill’s testimony should be dismissed lightly. It simply screams honesty.

When former National Security Council official Fiona Hill testifed before the House Intelligence Committee, she said that she could not remember the name of the Ukraine director when she joined the White House.

That person was Eric Ciaramella, the career CIA analyst who is alleged to be the Ukraine whistleblower.

It’s a safe assumption she’s very accomplished.

196. Old School Conservative

The grasslands, forests, farms and continental shelves of Australia absorb far more carbon dioxide than we emit. The attack on emissions of the gas of life is an irrational attack on industry, our modern way of life, freedoms and prosperity. It has nothing to do with the environment.

Final sentences in Emeritus professor Ian Plimer’s commentary in The Australian today.
    520 comments, mostly in praise of his scientific approach and counteracting climate hysteria.

197. Knuckle Dragger

I met Glenn Lazarus once. Short arse he was.

198. EvilElvis

The intro to Sirius makes you take notice.

Steve T, look up 90’s Chicago Bulls intros. It was their lead in music for team intros. Apparently the sound meter used to bend the needle from crowd noise in the bulls heyday. Awesome.

199. Anthony

I keep hearing about the Trump impeachment but I cannot find, anywhere, any details about it. Is there no evidence? What is/are the charge(s)? I see odd articles by Democrats who presume, suppose and surmise for hours until they finally answer a direct yes/no question. Then we’re back to square one.

200. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Hang on.
    Lizzie, you waited six hours for a ferry?

No. Hairy and I went on the private fast ferry over to Manly for a long lunch with friends. The Coles bag carried my cookery contribution – a purchased almond tart. We came back on the slow ferry six hours later which by that time went via Circular Quay. It was dusk when I said to Hairy there was no point looking for the jacket and his sharp eyes spotted it! My excuse for leaving the Coles bag behind is that I had taken the opportunity to become three sheets to the wind on the host’s jug of Margueritas, because we’d taken the ferry in order to avoid driving (and I of course am always the sober driver). It is very easy to remember only one’s handbag when trying to achieve the appearance of normality going down a gangplank. 🙂

201. Old School Conservative

Short arse he was

But just as wide as he was tall.

202. Infidel Tiger

Just like you feeling the love of a human being, none of this actually happened.

203. Snoopy

My favourite piece of RL commentary.

Lazarus gets slowly to his feet.

Anthony – The Dems trying to distract voters. Dems can get the House to vote on impeachment then GOP in Senate probably vote to forget the whole thing.

205. Knuckle Dragger

Oh. Righto.

Thought I read it wrong, is all.

206. Geriatric Mayfly

The north winds across the Plains of Sodom yesterday were extreme. Global warming takes priority over a typical steep pressure gradient as an explanation. However, we await the other factor – What role did the Sahara play in all of this?

207. Knuckle Dragger

We are potentially 15 minutes away from David MidgetCheatRanga starting the home series with a golden duck.

Hopefully at the hands of the 16 year old Paki paceman. I dare to dream.

208. Mother Lode

My favourite piece of RL commentary.

Lazarus gets slowly to his feet.

Didn’t Roy and HG nickname him ‘The Brick with Eyes’?

209. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Nothing wrong with having a favorite Armani jacket, Dotty. On a per-wear cost-benefit basis I am way ahead on that jacket, which was my consoling thought about the perceived loss of it. It was far far better than the day I lost the diamond ear-ring Hairy had not long before given me. Sending my Coles bag to the four winds of fate was also a not inconsiderable sadness to me. It was only six months old and had never been used for shopping, just storage.

Did you see on that list of abusive terms that Dot-head was one of them? I did think of you when I saw that, and was going to eschew drawing attention to the fact, but then … Oporto chooks etc etc

Coal tar contains phenol, which was the antiseptic that Lister used in his groundbreaking surgery work. Phenol has appreciable solubility in water, so using a coal tar based water wash would be a pretty good means to control bacterial infection.

Wiki:

Phenol was discovered in 1834 by Friedlieb Ferdinand Runge, who extracted it (in impure form) from coal tar.[38] Runge called phenol “Karbolsäure” (coal-oil-acid, carbolic acid). Coal tar remained the primary source until the development of the petrochemical industry. In 1841, the French chemist Auguste Laurent obtained phenol in pure form.[39]

In 1836, Auguste Laurent coined the name “phène” for benzene;[40] this is the root of the word “phenol” and “phenyl”. In 1843, French chemist Charles Gerhardt coined the name “phénol”.[41]

The antiseptic properties of phenol were used by Sir Joseph Lister (1827–1912) in his pioneering technique of antiseptic surgery. Lister decided that the wounds themselves had to be thoroughly cleaned. He then covered the wounds with a piece of rag or lint[42] covered in phenol, or carbolic acid as he called it. The skin irritation caused by continual exposure to phenol eventually led to the introduction of aseptic (germ-free) techniques in surgery.

Phenol also kicked off the Age of Plastic with the invention of Bakelite in 1907.

211. Okay, I was in an eastern suburbs Ogalo having a dinner party with Todd Carney, Nate Myles and Julian O’Neill, but then things went to shit.

212. Dr Faustus

In case anyone mistakes the impeachment inquiry for due process:

But despite speaking with 17 witnesses behind closed doors, including 12 witnesses in just a week of public testimony, Democrats have not obtained crucial documents or spoken with several key officials because the White House and State Department have refused to comply with subpoenas.

Pelosi:

“They keep taking it to court and no, we’re not going to wait until the courts decide,” she said. “That might be information that’s available to the Senate in terms of how far we go and when we go, but we can’t wait for that because again it’s a technique. It’s obstruction of justice, obstruction of Congress, so we cannot let their further obstruction of Congress be an impediment to our honoring our oath of office.”

Pelosi added: “We cannot be at the mercy of the courts.”

Shorter: “Fuck legal process, we’ve got hearsay. And lots of it.”
    Hardly scary at all.

213. Things Nancy Pelosi cannot be at the mercy of:

Democracy
    Lawfully constituted, competent courts
    Ageing gracefully
    A lack of hysteria

214. feelthebern

Didn’t Roy and HG nickname him ‘The Brick with Eyes’?

Sure was.
    Then it made the jump to mainstream.

215. feelthebern

Growing up, listening to Roy & HG on ABC radio before the footy.
    Good times.

216. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Thought I read it wrong, is all.

Thank you for reading, KD. I shall soon have an audience countable on two hands.
    And all of them very capable of correcting my many egregious and narcissistic ways.
    Guys and gals, it’s a therapy session for me here some days. 😀

Gotta go and get my eyes tested this arvo.
    And don’t tell me I should’ve gone to Specsavers, though I do love their ad with Derrek.
    Hairy tells me they are verboten given they pulled ads from Sky.

217. thefrollickingmole

Infidel Tiger

Dry, dry scorn, reminded me of this.
    If you read it in a “Billy-Bob”voice its perfect. Loved a woman who wasnt clean….

Nice to see Imran Khan bowling at the Gabba again.

219. Arky

Glenn Lazarus

Brent Todd was better.

220. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Democracy
    Lawfully constituted, competent courts
    Ageing gracefully
    A lack of hysteria

Pelosi is a dreadful old frightbat. I prefer Germaine Greer in the old frightbat stakes. Watched her recently going on about the bad time corporate men have and how no-one, especially women, should envy their lives. She’s ten football fields of goalpost shifting in any interview, but she’s still entertaining, mentally lively and her facial expressions are so good you wish she had taken more care of her skin. She distinguishes sex and gender but separates them completely, which for me is wrong as you can’t do that, although it is perfectly possible to recognize a conditioning to be feminine. She admits that some men do see her innate female/feminine side too (she can be quite cute albeit hardly logically consistent about that). At the conclusion of this interview she wanders into a reverie on androgyny which goes nowhere though.

221. Knuckle Dragger

Yes, yes, yes.

All these topics are important. But let’s get real.

Tennant Creek has knocked off Kalgoorlie in the Shit Towns of Australia vote. Now’s the big test, though.

If it can scrape past Logan in the prelim, Tennant will bowl over Dubbo or Mt. Gambier in a canter.

222. feelthebern

In the 1990’s, the two hardest rugby league players in NSW were Dean Pay & Steve Folkes.
    Dean Pay put Lazarus out of a game with a tackle that cracked his sternum.
    I’ll leave it to QLD Cats to call the hardest players from north of the border.

PS, I am not a Bulldogs fan.

223. feelthebern

Pelosi is a good reason why there should be term limits.
    FMD she’s dined out on that photo of her with JFK.

Pelosi added: “We cannot be at the mercy of the courts.”

She seemed happy enough when Trump found himself at the mercy of the courts.

“Today’s ruling is a resounding victory for the rule of law, our Constitution and its system of checks and balances,” Pelosi said in a statement to members of her caucus.

“It is a victory for our democracy, as the courts reaffirm the Congress’s authority and responsibility to conduct oversight and consider legislation on behalf of the American people.

Nancy Pelosi looked quite surprised, when her hypocritical double standards were pointed out.

225. feelthebern

I’d have Ian Roberts as number 3 on that list of NSW hard men.
    While he was at the Bunnies & Manly.
    When he went to the Cowboys, he became soft.

PS, please don’t tell Ian Roberts I called him soft.
    He would end me with one punch.