Open Forum: February 15, 2020

2,600 Responses to Open Forum: February 15, 2020

1 9 10 11

So it was 195, not 250.

A hanging offence.

Best to burn the witch before he makes another shocking exaggeration.

2. struth

Well that is very good news and you had a very good father.
    Driving a truck is still crazy though,
    I’m sorry to tell you.
    You are are still one of my people.

yep……………………………….not driving one anymore, but still not quite sane yet.

3. notafan

Who is obsessed?

The person that performed a ‘word search’

Uncannily obviously.

4. feelthebern

How come the Bloomberg article regarding his sexual harassment history has been buried by the msm?

5. feelthebern

& top ‘o the page to yer

Here’s another one for the file.

What is wrong with their payroll department? The software available is very sophisticated . All you need to know is what award the employee is on.

7. Anthony

Allegations from unnamed sources promoted on the ABC. Brings to mind that Ray Charles classic, ‘Here we go again’.

8. notafan

All those words about gender and sex.

I say

Sperm

Meet

Egg

The

End

9. Arky

The oikophobe has landed.
    Today’s word to improve the oikophobe’s vocabulary is oikophobia.
    However, not being very bright and being old and quite silly, the blog’s resident oikophobe doesn’t understand that to the average fellow traveller on his “side” he is the embodiment of everything they disdain.

10. Arky

Just did a word search for “Vietnam” on the last page of this site.

Obsessed.
    Get over it you old fool.

11. Knuckle Dragger

Little-known fact:

95% of all AFLW injury lists comprise of sprained feelings.

12. feelthebern

I love looking at the sensitivities with BHP.
    Every $US1 move in iron ore has a $US233mill impact.

13. jo

8th Dan
    #3327111, posted on February 18, 2020 at 9:40 am

What was the point of the Vietnam war? We lost 500 men (?), the American lost 55,000 and Vietnam was down 1 million people. The South was taken over by the North and went communist anyway. Everyone would have been better off to simply let it go at the very beginning.

Well said.

1/8th cock Tell me where you live. I’ll come round, take over and you do whatever I want and you will like it. Well said, did I hear you say?

14. Stimpson J. Cat

Look, Women really shouldn’t talk about War.
    They have no personal stake in it.
    They don’t fight.
    Women don’t even fight Transgender athletes,
    how are they going to fight a War against Men.
    Ridiculous.
    Maybe fight to defend your sisters first ladies, then you can have an opinion.

15. notafan

Also I think pointing to those poor individuals whose reproductive organs failed to develop as intended as proof of ‘something’ is uncannily stupid.

It’s like claiming conditions like club foot and Spina bifida are a different kind of normal

16. Geriatric Mayfly

Al Jazeera know-it-all asks African entomologist, “Are the locust swarms due to climate change?” The very same question that the Pharaohs asked their high priests in 3000BC.

17. notafan

More stupid from struth

Plenty of women fight in war.

Ask the French Marquis.

And they sure do get to die in war.

18. notafan

Sorry struth

That was stimp

19. Knuckle Dragger

‘Let me say I never ever left my little girls alone with anyone except their father.’

I get this. I really do. Doesn’t make it right, but I get it.

My young bloke used to have sleepovers with his mates. Dipping his toes into the Bro Code, he understood that the invitation extended to him had to reciprocated.

And it was. And every one of his mate’s Mums (who I got on really well with) said no, because there wasn’t a grown-up ladeee at my joint.

They were good enough to tell me to my face though, which I appreciated. One said that one of the other boys in the wolf pack also had a single Dad, but he was a bit each way so she applied the same standard.

A bit deflating, but wholly understandable.

Not just stupid; coming from the mouths of scientists and doctors it’s a lie.

Now, why would they lie about such a thing?

21. Stimpson J. Cat

Plenty of women fight in war.

What like six?

A hundred?

Oh that’s great.

Well done.

The War will be over in no time.

22. Knuckle Dragger

*had to BE reciprocated*

Penis banner.

23. Arky

“Hello, French Maquis”?
    “Bounjour”.
    “What did you do in the war”?
    “Ohh la la, by October 1943, 85,000 French women had children fathered by Germans”.

24. notafan

No it is right KD

My only obligation is to my daughters (and my son’s)

Not some random bloke’s feelings.

Anyone who pretends there is no wickedness in the world is a fool.

Look back through human history at what happens when children are put in the care of unrelated others and why so many cultures are, apparently excessively, protective of their children.

25. Sinclair Davidson

Venn diagram time:
    1. people happy that Australia will not deport indigenous Australians
    2. people pissed off Israel will not deport Jews.

26. Arky

1. people happy that Australia will not deport indigenous Australians
    2. people pissed off Israel will not deport Jews.

Answer: Stimpson.

27. Arky

1. people happy that Australia will not deport indigenous Australians
    2. people pissed off Is rael will not deport J-ws.

Answer: Stimpson.

Knuckle Dragger

#3327181, posted on February 18, 2020 at 10:55 am

I get this. I really do. Doesn’t make it right, but I get it.

I don’t wait for mommies to make that rule.
    I strictly apply it myself.
    We sometimes have midget people over for a sleepover. The really midget ones might sleep in with Mrs L but I take myself off to another room.
    Recently had to reinforce the rule about solo child minding with midget relatives who are in the middle of a bitter marriage bust up, making the point that a good percentage of respondents in divorce cases suddenly “uncover” child abuse by a relative from the other side.
    Even when it is utter bullshit, it sticks.
    Sad but true.

29. Snoopy

calli
    #3327159, posted on February 18, 2020 at 10:37 am
    So it was 195, not 250.

All subject to rigorous investigation.

I wonder if being a member of a prominent local family would help?

30. notafan

That’s silly Arky.

Please provide a Venn diagram of female French members of marquis and French women who got pregnant to German soldiers.
    As for French collaboration.

Women may have gotten pregnant but plenty of French men were eager collaborators.

Dobbing in members of the resistance, turning in J ish neighbours, even serving in the German army.

Also what happened to ‘I hate you and I never read your posts and never speak to me again’.

31. struth

Sorry struth

That was stimp

I understand.
    It was just habit.

PS.
    It is a fucking top way of avoiding child minding.

33. Stimpson J. Cat

Venn diagram time:
    1. people happy that Australia will not deport indigenous Australians
    2. people pissed off Israel will not deport Jews.

3. people amused by the thought that Australia’s High Court could soon allow DNA testing to prove Aboriginality like Israels High Court allows DNA testing to prove Judaism.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ja ja ha!!!!!!

34. Stimpson J. Cat

Venn diagram time:
    1. people happy that Australia will not deport indigenous Australians
    2. people pissed off Israel will not deport Jews.

3. people amused by the thought that Australia’s High Court could soon allow DNA testing to prove Aboriginality like Israels High Court allows DNA testing to prove [email protected]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ja ja ha!!!!!!

35. Stimpson J. Cat

Venn diagram time:
    1. people happy that Australia will not deport indigenous Australians
    2. people pissed off Israel will not deport J®ws.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ja ja ha!!!!!!

36. Arky

So lets ignore the hundreds of thosands of filthy French birds who immediately after their men lost, shacked up with a German, and instead: Hey! look at the 8 chicks who worked for the “resistance”.

37. Cassie of Sydney

“notafan
    #3327155, posted on February 18, 2020 at 10:35 am
    Interesting Cassie

I have wondered what the circumstances were that those two little girls were so accessible.

Let me say I never ever left my little girls alone with anyone male except their father.

Not even single uncles.”

Exactly Nota….and that’s why my mother has always said too.

38. Arky

Don’t worry, we are only two posts in and I’m already regretting this one.

Also on the Fact Check by incurious journalists.

It would be interesting to have some stats on fires that were “suspicious”, for which no charges were laid. The diagrams in the piece were all based on identified arsonists/accidents.

A little digging around might give a slightly different picture.

40. Mother Lode

ABC banner trumpeting ‘Jeff Bezos world’s richest man commits $10 billion to addressing climate change’.

1) He is the world richest man. With every extra billion he has that $10 billion becomes a bit less of a sacrifice. If someone with $11 billion gave $10 billion to the fight against climate change…their family would have them committed and the lawyers stopping the gifting of 91% of their inheritance.

2) My suspicion is that there is more strategy to this than sheer misanthropy.

Anyone who pretends there is no wickedness in the world is a fool.

Yep. At church it also applies to women. No woman to be alone with children, always two. No woman to take a child in her care to the loo alone – two must go. It means that there has to be four adults in the room, or if three, one on call for emergencies or a parent summoned.

It protects the minders as well as the children.

If only we had been so careful in days gone by, much heartache would have been avoided. But we trusted, and human wickedness let us all down.

42. feelthebern

Today lacks the Dragon Energy of yesterday.
    Yesterday was Kanye/Trumpian.
    Today is low energy Jeb.

43. struth

The world’s richest man said the money would finance work by scientists, activists and other groups.

Number one Trump hater.

Coming down with Kung Flu Burnout, bern.

45. Snoopy

We’ve already done that and more. Nine years of funding for TheirABC.

46. Eyrie

Bezos is running his own space program, slowly. More hype than substance so far.
    I’m coming around to the idea that he’s a deeply evil person.

47. Stimpson J. Cat

Good Christians forgive Women for their sins and stupidity.
    It’s why Jesus stuck up for whores.
    Arky is probably a good Christian for a Kiwi.
    😁

48. dover_beach

THERE’S NO QUESTION OF OUR BIOLOGICAL SEX
    COLIN WRIGHT EMMA HILTON

A good article as far as it went but its salute towards feminism and homosexuality undercuts the substance of its claims re sex. If men and women have ‘different reproductive roles’ then they may also have different social roles too; at the very least the former may have consequences for the latter in aggregate.

The denial of biological sex also erases homosexuality, as same-sex attraction is meaningless without the distinction between the sexes.

Not at all. Earlier, they said:

In humans, as in most animals or plants, an organism’s biological sex corresponds to one of two distinct types of reproductive anatomy that develop for the production of small or large sex cells — sperm and eggs, respectively — and associated biological functions in sexual reproduction. In humans, reproductive anatomy is unambiguously male or female at birth more than 99.98 per cent of the time.

The evolutionary function of these two anatomies is to aid in reproduction via the fusion of sperm and ova. No third type of sex cell exists in humans, and therefore there is no sex spectrum or additional sexes beyond male and female. Sex is binary.

This means that sexuality is associated with reproduction. It is that activity that as its end is oriented to the fusion of sperm and ova. To put it as bluntly as the authors of the article argue re the category of sex, sexuality is unequivocally an activity between the sexes. There is no ‘spectrum’ regarding sexuality at all in which heterosexuality and homosexuality or any other pseudo-sexuality enjoys a normal place on a ‘spectrum’ of sexuality . We shouldn’t even use the term ‘heterosexual’, the qualifier ‘hetero’ is otiose.

It wasn’t accidental at all that many of the theorists and advocates that promoted the idea of sexuality existing on a ‘spectrum’ and was ‘socially constructed effortlessly transitioned to promoting the idea that sex was also ‘socially constructed’ and existed on a ‘spectrum’.

49. Geriatric Mayfly

Now I gedditt but had to look it up. Cartoon. A duel. Smoking pistol. A dead ‘un on the ground. One of the seconds holds up a sign – VAR.

Venn diagram time:
    1. people happy that Australia will not deport indigenous Australians
    2. people pissed off Israel will not deport J-ws.

1. define “indigenous Australians”
    2. define “J-ws”.

Not as silly a question as you might think since Israel is struggling with question (2) right now. It’s amazing how many people in Africa have suddenly discovered they are J-ws.

51. Mater

Now this is funny.
    Just did a word search for “Vietnam” on the last page of this site.
    It comes up 23 times.
    I have not posted about the issue at all on this OT.
    Who is obsessed?

Really?

1735099
    #3325880, posted on February 17, 2020 at 8:06 am

The lunatics who “kill and thieve” are largely those from the Right of the political spectrum.
    I’ll cite you two very clear examples, one goes back 50 years – the other is more recent.
    In the 60s and 70s, a Coalition government killed 500 Australians by sending them to fight a war in peacetime on foreign soil, which was irrelevant to most Australians, and by the time the whole shameful episode was through, condemned by them.

52. Infidel Tiger

Japanese corona-virus infections doubling every 4 days:

Our resident Chicom shill, will soon have a new message on his Huawei phone discrediting this and telling us “All is good. China number 1!”

53. vlad

Quite so, Mater, and I’m still wondering how anyone fights a war in peacetime.

Bezos is running his own space program, slowly.

His rocket is quite suggestive. Frightbats would probably like it. To the stars!

55. Stimpson J. Cat

Quite so, Mater, and I’m still wondering how anyone fights a war in peacetime.

Plenty of wars are fought in peacetime.

There is the War of Women on Common Sense, etc etc.
    😂

56. Knuckle Dragger

vlad,

It’s ‘uncanningly’ how often Liability Bob turns any subject into his own cause du jour.

‘But enough talk about me. Tell me, what do YOU think of me?’

57. Shy Ted

They need a new catchy name for people who don’t id as man or woman.
    A Wong? A RozWard?

58. Cassie of Sydney

“calli
    #3327218, posted on February 18, 2020 at 11:27 am
    Anyone who pretends there is no wickedness in the world is a fool.”

Yep…a few weeks ago I went to Neilsen Park with some friends. The beach and the park are very popular with people…primarily families because the park has BBQ facilities, a nice cafe and the beach is safe. Anyway it was at the tail end of a very hot day and about 4.00 p.m. People were leaving and there were quite a few people hovering around the showers. A man was there with his daughter (I presume)…who was about six or seven years old and the girl was stark naked……..running around naked on the lawn and under the showers…..apart from the hygiene issues of being naked (beach showers are notoriously filthy) there was the added fact that the beaches are also notorious as hangouts for peterfiles and other perverts…it is not as though Australia hasn’t had its fair share of murders and disappearances at beaches over the decades. The parents of that child were incredibly naive. The child should have been wearing a swimming costume.

59. Some History

Won’t someone think of Jane Carosene and her hysterical ilk
    Climate Act Now Petition act now. Please sign we need to take this first step urgently. We’ve wasted too much time already. Act Now!

60. vlad

Ford Australia is hiring, by the way.

It’s an ill wind …

61. mh

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    1h
    Did you hear the latest con job? President Obama is now trying to take credit for the Economic Boom taking place under the Trump Administration. He had the WEAKEST recovery since the Great Depression, despite Zero Fed Rate & MASSIVE quantitative easing. NOW, best jobs numbers ever. Had to rebuild our military, which was totally depleted. Fed Rate UP, taxes and regulations WAY DOWN. If Dems won in 2016, the USA would be in big economic (Depression?) & military trouble right now. THE BEST IS YET TO COME. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

62. mh

SCMP

Coronavirus death toll in China rises to 1,868 as epicentre reports 93 new fatalities

China’s health authorities on Tuesday reported 1,886 new coronavirus cases and 98 deaths on the mainland, taking the totals to 72,436 and 1,868 respectively, as of midnight on Monday.

63. Let he who is without sin throw the first stone.

I would have thrown the first stone.

64. Some History

Lil Mike Bloomborg has made it onto the cover of Time Magazine

65. Infidel Tiger

One of the highest-ranking doctors in Wuhan is feared to have died after contracting coronavirus, as Chinese police prepare to begin house-to-house checks of all nine million residents in the city.

Liu Zhiming, the director of Wuhan Wuchang hospital, was reported in a tweet from the state-run People’s Daily newspaper to have died yesterday. However, within minutes the tweet was deleted after denials from the provincial health commission covering Wuhan, which said that Dr Liu was still being “resuscitated”.

Uh oh! China need build new mortuary. Make fastest build 8 day new record! Still number 1!

66. Some History

For anyone who missed it, towards the end of the bushfire relief concert on 7 last Sunday, a video of Rusty Crowe doing his bit for the UN climate con made an appearance.

Video length – a bit over a minute.

Russell Crowe’s message on the climate crisis

67. Filbert

Commos killed those Diggers, Sniffy you quisling Xunt.
    Go root a boo you treasonous scumt! (sic)

68. Diogenes

Officially the Charmhaven fire is “suspicious”. Our year 9 & 10 kids know who set them (they are in the same year, but at other schools), word passed on to a Deputy, who has contacted police.

69. mh

Russell Crowe thought – possibly still thinks – that Schapelle Corby was innocent.

70. Fisky

CCP pressures factory owners to reopen. CCP also says, if you reopen and there is one CnV case, we will nationalise your factory and put you in jail! Very odd how so many “libertarians” support this regime…

71. Shy Ted

Tastiest locusts I ever ate were in Thailand. Got to cook ’em right though, nice and spicy. Bought them on the street as a joke to take to drinks and nibbles. Most people wouldn’t touch them but those who did were impressed. “Better than Nobby’s nuts” declared one lady who then realised what she’d just said. Predictable banter, you can’t beat it.

72. Archivist

Everyone knows that the figures are bullshit.

If you can’t see that you’re being lied to, I can’t help you. They have shut down the largest economy in the world; quarantined millions of people; established new hospitals; introduced martial law…. all (supposedly) because of 1800 deaths, in the most populous nation on Earth.

The infection and death rate figures provided by China are fiction. For that matter, the US numbers are dodgy too.

The reason is that the governments of the world are worried about “panic”. They know that if they just report the figures straight, there is likely to be “panic”.

73. Archivist

She was.
    It was certainly her luggage but another member of her travelling party packed it for her.

74. Mother Lode

No. Same sex attraction is attraction to the same. not the opposite.

75. Confused Old Misfit

Is there any point for the average person to have a VPN?

Go for 1,888.
    Rucky number.

77. Zatara

Lil Mike Bloomborg has made it paid to be on the cover of Time Magazine

78. vlad

Is there any point for the average person to have a VPN?

Yes. I see a lot less “targeted ads” now that I’m using one.

79. Is there any point for the average person to have a VPN?

Yup.

So you can access web sites that are blocked by Telstra, Optus and Google.

80. Porter

If the AFL want to follow the Canadians in acknowledging women are sluggish and slower to react during certain times in their period cycle, should we be worried about women pilots and star force members? 🤔

81. Archivist

Fisky:

They have to reopen the factories because they are bleeding cash.
    This is a short term fix that will bring even greater pain for China in a couple of months.
    To the extent the quarantines and lockdowns succeeded in slowing the spread (and the policies, brutal as they are, have no doubt had some impact), this will cause it to flourish once more.

But it will buy them breathing space. In the haitus between the factories re-opening and the workforce dropping like flies, they will be able to tell the world that the crisis is over, insist on the travel bans being lifted, and launch a surprise attack on Taiwan.

82. Mother Lode

Funny thing is that he would not be allowed to dabble in space flight because he is in a capitalist society that allows him to accumulate the wealth so he can spend money as he sees fit.

83. Porter

Exactly. /sarc

84. and launch a surprise attack on Taiwan

And the US will not intervene because of the threat of their fleet being aerial sprayed with corona.

85. Confused Old Misfit

vlad
    #3327282, posted on February 18, 2020 at 12:53 pm
    Is there any point for the average person to have a VPN?

Yes. I see a lot less “targeted ads” now that I’m using one.
    My add blocker does that for me
    incoherent rambler
    #3327285, posted on February 18, 2020 at 12:53 pm
    Is there any point for the average person to have a VPN?

Yup.

So you can access web sites that are blocked by Telstra, Optus and Google.
    I have not yet run into that!

Thank you both. But so far that doesn’t appear to indicate that it’s worth $60/an to me, at least.

86. Mother Lode

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    1h

He should link to the speeches where Obama intoned that the days of high growth and low unemployment were over, and that the blue collar jobs that had shifted overseas were never coming back.

He himself thought his policies would not deliver the boom that is currently occurring.

Like the kid who reckons he he loosened that cap of the bottle – except this kid had actually been tightening it.

87. Porter

Bernard Lane has been fearless in giving voice to people like lgbt and detransitioners who oppose trans ideology or at least oppose the mutilation of children in the name of trans ideology. He has correctly discerned that these hideous bills to ban so-called conversion therapy – without any evidence that it is taking place in Australia or that it cannot be handled under normal health and criminal laws if it is – will also provide legal cover to mutilate children who may later change their mind. His second motivation is to demonstrate that people who oppose this ridiculous gay conversion ban and/or hideous mutilation of children are not just religious nutters but include LGBT and people who have transitioned. That’s stirling work by Bernard Lane and his editors should also be commended for supporting him.

88. vlad

I get it for “free” with my antivirus software. There are genuinely free ones around as well, apparently.

89. Mark from Melbourne

New Fred —>

90. Porter

Good on you for insisting with the Australian, Cassie. And well said.

91. Caveman

Rusty Crowe wants those scientific minds to start powering up. Won’t have to wait too long now our best ever scientific organisation the AFL starts up in March.

92. Zatara

A little salt water, a little bleach, and it’s not a problem.

93. Mother Lode

Okay, I have not studied source documents, but my impression was that the North was on its last legs when they launched the Tet offensive, which failed everywhere. It was a gambit where they just gave everything they had – and it was not enough.

But then, much to their surprise and delight, the politicians in Washington, seeing the dire and demoralising reports from Vietnam in the MSM gave up. Cut funding, I believe, so operations were paralysed and desperately needed hiatus delivered the North.

I believe Walter Cronkite was particularly prominent in this baleful exercise.

The US was defeated by…the timid in the US.

94. amortiser

The party in late-December featured Health Minister Jenny Mikakos, who was up the next day to tweet about emergency evacuation

She did this over the toilet bowl.

95. Roger:

Rugby was doomed from the moment it was taken over by marketers and turned into ‘a product’.

I vividly remember this argument doing the rounds in the eighties. The general thought of the supporters was they had been frozen out of the sport by official clubs designed to make money – the product.
    They were so damn right.

96. Notafan:

Vietnam.
    Pointless?
    Only because we walked away without winning.

Our Generals and Politicians were determined to refight the Korean war.
    Very few of them had read, or taken to heart, the lessons of Sun Tzu.
    And their desire to rerun the Korean War overrode their professional instincts.
    At the start of the Second World War, I understand the Australian government removed from influential positions the majority of senior officers who had filled positions in the first.
    Is this correct? I think the reason given was they were too old to cope with an extended war.
    Your opinion, Top Ender?

Basically true – the North Vietnamese were driven out of most of the towns they had occupied in a matter of a few days, and the general uprising by the South Vietnamese they hoped to trigger didn’t happen.

The Tet offensive did hand the North a brilliant propaganda coup, which reversed the military results of that offensive.

1 9 10 11