Open Forum: February 9, 2013

1,013 Responses to Open Forum: February 9, 2013

1. Andrew says:

Annoying how Gina Rinehart is continually misrepresented with her $2 comment.

2. Tiny Dancer says:

Corinne looked like she was crapping herself with fear through the show.

3. Infidel Tiger says:

Patterson was brilliant. Slaughtered the opposition and I love how he exposed the Qanda audience not being representative of Australia. The guy should run for public office.

The poor losers actually think they’re representative of broader Australia.

In your whole life has anyone ever brought up Q&A in a conversation? It is watched exclusively by obsessives, degenerates and unfortunates too disabled to use the remote.

4. Splatacrobat says:

My wife rarely stay up and watches Q&A anymore but watched this episode. It took only two minutes for her to pick the lefties and said quite out of the blue as she got up to leave ‘those idiots cannot argue, they are irrational in their responses and have no idea how stupid they look”.

On the mining tax I thought James should have raised the point that State Governments already raise taxes on all mining and THEY spread the benefits through Royalties. The MRRT is all about Labor double dipping.
    States currently collect a total of $11.1 Billion dollars a year and expected to ramp up to $13 Billion in 2014/15.
    MRRT should be called for what it is; double dip extortion.

5. Andrew says:

I admit to watching it every week. Stupidly, I watch it and then get very frustrated and annoyed by the end of it, struggling to get to sleep.

Odd how people are addicted to things that annoy them or make them mad.

6. tbh says:

Not once. The guests are generally a bunch of snooty holier than thou wankers who hate the average Australian

7. Tintarella di Luna says:

Hope Pell gets the gig for no other reason than it will make 150 heads explode at the ABC.

Bing! exactly what I thought and for the same reason as I as driving home in the driving rain. I listened to this unfolding on the radio – bad Italian translation I wish he’d’ve STFU because I would have understood the Italian. The English translation was so effing bad no-one understood anything. Bloody Italians

8. tbh says:

Odd how people are addicted to things that annoy them or make them mad.

Absolutely. Because I know that watching shows like that will make me cranky, I very rarely watch them. I actually give some thought to social/political/economic issues and make up my own mind. I don’t need to be told what to think by some preening wanker trying to show how smart they are to other preening wankers.

9. Tintarella di Luna says:

Odd how people are addicted to things that annoy them make them fat (like figs and gorgonzola) and/or make them mad (like figs and gorgonzola).

10. kae says:

I’ve just finished a job application. From scratch. I left all the preliminary on a stick drive at work. Damn. And my mobile phone. Blast!

So, what I shame I missed QandA – well, the liveblogging of it anyway.

Poor me.

(Though it may have been better than the job application torture!)

11. Tintarella di Luna says:

Buona notte gatti e gattine – the rain on the roof is the perfect nighty-night music.

12. kae says:

The impact of the ‘uber-commercialisation of sport’ and we treat sportsmen like commodities.

They’re paid shit-loads of money to play a game. Pfft.

13. kae says:

He’s Roxon, only with clean hair.

Oh, wait…