Monday Forum: November 20. 2017

1,763 Responses to Monday Forum: November 20. 2017

1. Knuckle Dragger

Only about 3,422 km off track, MOnty.

As usual.

2. Empire

OK. Works in IE but not Chrome on the PC.

Doc – what kind of phone do you use? iOS or Android?

3. Siltstone

ZK2A said
    Some of the more well endowed young ladies around here regard their cleavage as a convenient place to store a mobile phone….

I was visiting Paraguay a few years ago during a World Cup when the trend kicked off….

4. DrBeauGan

All those that haven’t worked are in the mid screen pause format. All those that have are in the bottom of the screen pause format. Even when the URL looks to be the same. It isn’t just the browser you are using.

5. Oh come on

OWG, you’re such a card!

As I am incapable of understanding any of that URL mumbojumbo, juju, voodoo debbildebbil talk, my video links will henceforth remain a mystery.

Open them if you dare.

Mwwahahahah!

And a page podium too. Awfully civil and all that.

8. Baldrick

Rae
    #2561241, posted on November 21, 2017 at 7:12 pm
    Snakes on a Plain is a very tasty craft beer you can sample at a brewery in Wagga Wagga. But they don’t sell it in bottles or cans.

Go the canned Foster’s Light Ice. You know you want to.

9. DrBeauGan

Empire
    #2561276, posted on November 21, 2017 at 7:48 pm
    OK. Works in IE but not Chrome on the PC.

Doc – what kind of phone do you use? iOS or Android?

Android 7.1.1

Catch me using an apple product!

10. Oh come on

ohohoh Come On

Actually, you know what? I reckon OWG = Grigory. Exhibit A above. Such a Grigoryesque nickname. A real rib-tickler!

11. Chris

They then complain when blokes look at the display.

Apparently, the display is not primarily intended to benefit blokes. Its primarily an element of status competition between women, and the benefits to blokes are just our good fortune.

12. hzhousewife

This is a perfect example of what happens when more than two wamen are gathered together in any location, physical or otherwise.

In due course, IF Keneally gets elected, it will be great fun watching Plibs and her face off.

13. Empire

I get mid screen pause on youtube app for iOS and bottom screen icon on youtube from whatever browser on the PC. All my tests have been on the PC. I wonder if an extension is required for Chrome? Counter intuitive ’cause google owns youtube.

Go the canned Foster’s Light Ice. You know you want to.

Thanks, Baldy. You’re very observant.

15. DrBeauGan

calli
    #2561281, posted on November 21, 2017 at 7:50 pm

Open them if you dare.

Mwwahahahah!

Oh yes. Women should know their limits. The URL is just the web address where the video is sitting.

But careful your female brain doesn’t explode when you add in this information.

Watching Sharri Markson on Blot. Still hopelessly in love. She’s such a babe. And a hell of a reporter.

Nice boobs, too.

17. Oh come on

18. Empire

Catch me using an apple product!

I feel the same way about microtheft. I wish Gates a slow and agonising death.

19. Top Ender

Just wondering does sex on an angle count?

On an inclined plane?

Cos if you’re in the Blue Mountains, or perhaps New Zealand, then….

Yes, yes Dr Beau. My iPad knew that. I’ll try not to let my brain explode. It would make such a gargantuan mess.

21. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Quit taking credit for summat you never done, Lizzie B.
    Elle, you are Grigory in disguise. No one is fooled.

I think, I hope, that Philippa was joking. She knows that Grigs stole my handle of Lizzie B.
    Which is why I use the full Beare these days.
    Also, Grig’s socks have made us so distrustful of each other until proven.
    Elle has sufficiently explained who she is, supported by areff. I’ve never doubted her.

Agree with Tom re the Credlin show. She’s very good but could do with a better format and some resourcing. Too much a chat show and not enough a six o’clock news show.

Disclosure re Mile High Activities: Have shocked elderly flight attendants by lying on top of a reclining Hairy in Business Class on our way to Canada, full of cheer last Christmas, and doing a few impressions of what was on my mind. Fully clothed though and no real hanky panky, but Senior Prefect gently cajoled me back to my side of the aisle and a lonely little bed. She was the one who dished him up the large after-dinner port and said when pouring mine ‘a small one for you, Mrs. Ape’. Got up again to give him another goodnight kiss when she wasn’t looking.

Apparently it was their ‘retirement flight’. I hope I made it more interesting for them. 🙂

22. Ragu

but can speak their language, but. Ay.

That’s northern shit.

23. Empire

Looks like sockpuppetry isn’t as easy as it used to be.

My comment won’t get out of moderation this year.

Empire MMHC
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    #2561219, posted on November 21, 2017 at 6:58 pm
    Has anyone here had sex on a plane? Just curious. Secrets are safe at the Cat.
    ( No, I haven’t).

This is a family blog. I’d rather not say.

24. P

I am not an IT person, in fact anything but.
    If you want to connect your youtube clip as a pic and not just a link then you need to put it on a new line and it must be a clean url, not ‘related’ or ‘featured’. If not sure copy the exact description of the clip you have chosen and paste in in the youtube search again then when it comes up click on the clean url.
    e.g.
    should have been:

25. Oh come on

Severed head connoisseur Kathy Griffin just had the most colossal whine ever. It’s truly epic. If you want to see how a celebrity (even a D-lister like Kathy – hell, she might end up a judge on The Voice Australia at this rate) can completely lose touch with the reality that most of us experience, just have a watch. She is desperately trying to hitch her wagon to the #metoo brigade, and even claimed “this wall of crap has never fallen on any woman as it has like me”. And she meant it. Watch and laugh.

26. Tom, I don’t believe you and I have had a great deal to do with each other. However, you and myself have been thrust together for eternity by OWG. So…er…hi. Owzit?

Worst. Tag Team Wrestling Match. Ever.

27. DrBeauGan

Empire
    #2561297, posted on November 21, 2017 at 8:00 pm
    Catch me using an apple product!

I feel the same way about microtheft. I wish Gates a slow and agonising death.

Agreed.

Which is why I boot my computers from external terabyte drives containing linux mint. I’ve found it excellent; something a bit like XP but cleaner. Unless you want to play games, it’s very good.

28. Tintarella di Luna

Watching video of Bill Shorten not seeing or hearing but agreeing — Bill really has aged hasn’t he? I wonder if telling porkies ages you pre-maturely?

29. Oh come on

Kathy Griffin isn’t as funny as you, m0nts! Although she’s trying to be, while you don’t mean to.

30. DrBeauGan

And it’s free. I made a donation, but you don’t have to.

31. Oh come on

Have you discovered the joy that is the solid state hard drive? I know they cost quite a bit more but worth every penny and then some.

32. MsDolittle

Thanks, Baldy. You’re very observant.

Thanks for the warning re: tsunami of shit.

OCO, there are many imbeciles who throw themselves in front of our convoy. Our compassion demands we try to stop them being flattened by our wheels.

34. Empire GTHO Phase III

Thanks P, but it only works for me in IE.

Not to worry. Just another problem to investigate and solve. I’ll refer it my R&D team. They do riddles for beer and star trek convention tickets.

35. Are you South African, OCO? They are the only people I know who say howzit. It would explain a lot.

36. Tintarella di Luna
    #2561310, posted on November 21, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Still has man boobs

37. Knuckle Dragger

Ragu,

Must have picked up that dialect while living in Townsville, back in the day.

Many SEQ types still practice it though….

Wifey had a pal over and she had Portugese muffins as part of the desert. They’re unreal.

39. DrBeauGan

Yes, mine are both ss. Since you get what is virtually a new computer if you put linux on it, they are good value for money.

Oh, the last video was just copying and pasting stack’s link without the bit in front of the http…. section.

40. BrettW

This blurb on 2 GB under Alan Jones show interview with Steve Dixon of One Nation.

“The leader of One Nation in Queensland claims he’s been offered a $50,000 dollar bribe ahead of this week’s state election. Talking with 2GB Breakfast host Alan Jones, Steve Dickson has reaffirmed his stance against the large-scale exportation of Australian gas to overseas markets.

“We’ve been sold out in this country. You can buy Queensland gas cheaper in Japan than you can buy it for domestic use. That tells me one of two things, we’ve got incompetent people or we’ve got corrupt people. Australia will have to make up their mind on that.”

Alan Jones, “Is it true you were contacted by a gas mob and offered $50,000 for your election campaign if you found common ground on the gas stance that you’ve taken?” “Absolutely true, it was sent to one of our staff and he still has the text message.”

Mr Dickson has also promised One Nation will not form government with the Queensland Liberal party if they support the $1-billion Federal Government loan to Adani. “We’re really concerned about the billion dollars the Federal Government wants to give a multi-national company to go out to the Carmichael mine area for a start. Why the hell would you give money away to a multi-national.”

Alan Jones, “If you had the balance of power, you would make it clear that the loan would be dead on arrival?” “Absolutely! We want that money spent on the sake of Queenslanders and Australians alone and nobody else, ever.”
    ————————————————-

I think bribe might be a bit strong a word. If the CFMEU called and offered $50,000 would that be a bribe ?. Not heard about this so called bribe anywhere else.

Agree with the ridiculous situation where gas being sold to Japan cheaper than locally. However probably based on agreements from years ago.

Had not heard before that ON against the $1 billion to fund rail line. This is federal money anyway and is not solely for the use of Adani as can be used by other entities in the area.

No idea how many jobs Adani going to create but suspect most will be Qld or Australians.

I was under impression those in upper Qld wanted Adani to go ahead and this is an area where ON has bigger support.

Naturally the evil Acland mine near Oakey was mentioned.

Interview ended with over the top praising of each other.

41. Boambee John

From Quadrant on line, discussing Chinese influence in Australia.

“Under the arrangement, the Australian company Fairfax Media will distribute the monthly China Daily supplement China Watch in the Sydney Morning Herald, the Age, and the Australian Financial Review, and Fairfax will have no editorial control over the content.”

Whatever happened to the sacred “Charter of Editorial Independence”, regularly used by oh so “independent Fairfax journos to beat prospective purchasers off?

Ragu,

Must have picked up that dialect while living in Townsville, back in the day.

Many SEQ types still practice it though….

Eh!

43. Oh come on

No shit, m0nts. Everyone knows it’s a Saffa thing. Note that I even dropped the haitch. I used it to indicate I wasn’t being entirely serious.

PHON are all over the shop on this.

45. Elle

Oh, delicious! I love a sweet muffin. Yummy!

Even better on a plane.

46. P

Empire GTHO Phase III #2561325, posted on November 21, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Thanks P, but it only works for me in IE.

I’m using Win 10 Edge and it works for me as I said above. I just worked it out that’s all.
    I don’t claim to understand.

47. Oh come on

This new Grigory sockpuppet is just appalling.

Even better on a plane.

Sex, or a Portuguese muffin?

49. Ragu

It may be true, but I can tell you without equivocation that QGC, APLNG and the other mob need at least USD$70 BOE to break even. What’s the current price of oil? Fifty bucks US dollar?

Dickheads need to learn some basic addition and subtraction.

50. P

stackja #2561343, posted on November 21, 2017 at 8:26 pm
    Mountain Biking?
    [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2xBsiNca7c&w=426&h=240%5D

New line, stackja, new line. Cut out the ‘youtube’ bit.

“[Soy boy is] slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an overindulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies,” explained Urban Dictionary.

“The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labelling the opposition as ‘Nazis’.”

Sounds like that ranga Greenie cuck in the AGL ads.

52. John Constantine

Their fairfax has no editorial control over the stuff the australian communist party chooses to have run in their papers, so why would anybody expect they would even try for editorial control over the far wealthier Chinese communist party?.

53. wivenhoe

Sex, or a Portuguese muffin?

Have known Elle for a lot of years, JC, she will leave you guessing, lol.

Soy boy: I’ll have a caramel soy latte, hold the nuts.

wivenhoe
    #2561358, posted on November 21, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Sex, or a Portuguese muffin?

Have known Elle for a lot of years, JC, she will leave you guessing, lol.

Lol..

56. BorisG

I agree with Makka.

Good. Asylum would be a lonely place for one guy.

57. Elle

Sex, or a Portuguese muffin?

You choose, JC.

Muah!

58. Ragu

Actually, last I heard is QGC selling at $90 boe to make a return and Wheatstone needing $75 boe.

No one is making money.

59. Boambee John

m0nty

You haven’t yet given your reaction to the idea of a Biden/Franken ticket for 2020.

60. Snoopy

ABC 7.30 carrying water for Al Jazeera again. No attribution.

61. Oh come on

Aren’t gas projects developed because a customer signs a long term contract to purchase the production? Yeah it probably is cheaper bought in those circumstances. I imagine if a retail gas consumer bought their gas in 30 year tranches, they’d get it a fair bit cheaper, too.

62. Elle

Sex, or a Portuguese muffin?

Have known Elle for a lot of years, JC, she will leave you guessing, lol.

wivenhoe , I have missed you.

63. Peter Castieau

Tom
    #2561257, posted on November 21, 2017 at 7:33 pm
    Couldn’t watch Peter Credlin’s new show on Their Sky last night, but I could tonight.

Just watching a replay and sadly you are right about it being under resourced and a copy of Bolta’s show.

Impressive all the same. She should put herself up for public office.

64. .

That’s right Oh Come On.

I can’t buy electricity as cheap as BHP. Therefore BHP is being subsidised and it’s a conspiracy….such fucking bullshit.

65. P

This new Grigory sockpuppet is just appalling.

OCO I don’t know to whom you refer but I can tell you that unfounded accusations such as above can hurt and hurt badly. I know.
    Why not show some restraint. If you have absolute evidence then go ahead if you wish.

66. Boambee John

John C at 2935

Thanks. Actually I was being sarcastic at their expense.

I am not an IT person, in fact anything but.

IIRC Grigs labelled me as an IT helpdesk f-wit.

68. DrBeauGan

BorisG
    #2561362, posted on November 21, 2017 at 8:39 pm
    I agree with Makka.

Good. Asylum would be a lonely place for one guy.

I’ll take your word for it.

69. Boambee John

2035, it isn’t that late!

70. BorisG

Yes. But also it depends on transport infrastructure etc.

71. Makka

Good. Asylum would be a lonely place for one guy.

Lol, I’d rather not own your worthless head. Find another obsession cockhead.

72. BorisG

such idiots running for parliament.

73. P

IIRC Grigs labelled me as an IT helpdesk f-wit.

And what has this to do with me?

74. Mike of Marion

The Vulcan Bombing Raid on the Falklands

75. Empire

CoEI translates as progressing cultural marxism.

76. .

Alan Jones also reckoned the evil gas companies have black helicopters harassing people.

…and no I’m not making this up.

Portugese muffins

I’ve have had a few tarts in my time, but not a Portuguese muffin.

78. .

Mike

That is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen, military or not.

As a coach/manager, I used that as inspiration. The more cerebral but moody players got it and played better.

79. Empire

OK, last try.

and what an excellent vid on which to succeed, Bruce.

80. candy

She should put herself up for public office.

Ms Credlin would do well in the Australian Conservative Party. I hope she’s thinking about it.

What bits would the 10% Moslem population get?

Of France? None. I would send them to Afghanistan where Australian troops face their greatest threat from green on blue attacks and put green t-shirts on them.

82. Empire

Standby for pink helicopters…

83. BorisG

I used to use UNIX and later Linux but somehow have fallen into this river of least resistance. still use LaTeX though.

84. Snoopy

Tina Brown and Leigh Sales on 7.30. Un-fucking-believable.

85. Nick

Standby for pink helicopters…

Pink torpedoes

86. Empire

New line, stackja, new line. Cut out the ‘youtube’ bit.

The youtube bit appears when copying the embed code from youtube (right click on vid and you’ll find it) and pasting to the comment box. Theoretically it should work, but that’s how it’s publishing.

Stack – which browser do you use?

7:30/Leigh Sales has a confessed friend of the Clintons who is on a first name basis with Harvey Weinstein on…to criticise Trump.

Your tax dollars at work!

88. Snoopy

Honestly, I’m warming to the idea of confining women in sacks.

89. Talleyrand

LaTeX Boris, – that takes me back to my Uni research days.
    glad to see you are still using protection

90. Empire

Note that I even dropped the haitch

You’re taking the piss, right?

She’s plugging her book, btw.

A book ad presented as current affairs.

Hypocrisy, the tribute vice pays to virtue.

92. John Constantine

One thing about allowing China to become the new colonial power in Papua New Guinea, it ends any attempt by Indonesia to create East Irian, and puts South Irian out of the question.

Only one cost to this, Comrades.

93. Snoopy

She’s plugging her book, btw.

A book ad presented as current affairs.

Hypocrisy, the tribute vice pays to virtue.

Can the Green Room be locked from the inside?

94. wivenhoe

wivenhoe , I have missed you.

Mutual, my love.

Pink torpedoes

Coming to a sewerage outlet near you.

96. Rabz

This new Grigory sockpuppet is just appalling.

Yep – and a certain syphilis addled ol’ commie from Queensland is back as well.

Why on earth do the creepy obsessive weirdos bother?

Just go away, you appalling imbeciles.

No fury like a same-sex voter scorned

The angry, foul-mouthed phone calls to Liberal MP Andrew Hastie’s electorate office started soon after the results of the same-sex marriage survey were declared last Wednesday.

Then came a deluge of abusive emails, tweets and Facebook messages from victorious same-sex marriage advocates that have shocked the usually unflappable Mr Hastie and his staff — some of whom voted Yes in the survey.

Many are furious over Mr Hastie’s controversial decision — flagged months ago — to abstain from voting on the issue in parliament even though his own electorate of Canning, south of Perth, returned a 60 per vote in favour of same-sex marriage. For this he has repeatedly been labelled a “homophobe” and a “coward”.

One anonymous correspondent emailed Mr Hastie’s office: “Listen you f..king maggot. You are there to carry out the wishes of your electorate & not to enforce your own homophobic & bigoted views. Don’t be a c… Vote for it in parliament.”

Even a reporter from a local newspaper expressed her fury with the MP.

“F..k you Hastie,” wrote Rachel Fenner, using her maiden name of Steward, as she shared a story on Facebook by her paper, the Mandurah Coastal Times, about the MP’s decision to abstain from voting.

Best comment:

vincent
    1 hour ago

I wonder why this comment did not pass the censor. As a physician I have attempted to present relevant and factual public health information related to this issue. It is not offensive or biased, simply fact:

As ‘romantic’ as the notion of SSM may be, the reality remains that gay and bisexual men have a prevalence rate of HIV that is 50 times that of the Australian population at-large. HIV is a preventable infectious disease. The high prevalence in this cohort is a result of two behavioural characteristics: Promiscuity (multiple sex partners) and failure to practice safe sex.

I wonder if SSM will result in an a change in these frightening statistics?

98. Rabz

LOL. I’m sure this is nothing compared to the colourful invective Toni Burka is no doubt copping in Watson.

If, as an American comedian opined, cricket is baseball on Valium, then women’s cricket is a soporific.

Signed f(..king m)aggot.

101. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Filth is left spelt backwards.

102. Oh come on

P, I wasn’t referring to you. But now that you mention it…

103. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Honestly, I’m warming to the idea of confining women in sacks.

It was quite a pragmatic decision when you think about it.

Not long ago there was talk of a “conscience vote”. Funny the way the story changes so quickly.

105. .

Jesus christ. I hope print media and social media both die.

Notice the author is offering to whore herself out for cucks.

106. Empire

Yep – and a certain syphilis addled ol’ commie from Queensland is back as well.

I missed it. What’s Bobby’s latest handle?

107. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Wow there is a picture of monstie in that article, with his empty jar.

108. P

This new Grigory sockpuppet is just appalling.
    Yep – and a certain syphilis addled ol’ commie from Queensland is back as well.

Rabz you seem to get enjoyment from pulling down some who comment here. I hope you enjoy it.
    I certainly didn’t enjoy it.

109. candy

To be fair, should not Andrew Hastie, Tony Burke etc, follow the wishes of their electorate. The survey was official policy and it was expected that the government was actually asking people’s opinions.
    The abuse is typical of some Leftie types. We know that. We always expect that. But what about the rest of the electorate? do they expect A. Hastie to follow through on what they have indicated via the survey.

I don’t think we should think the less of A. Hastie if he supports the legislation in Parliament. His electorate surely know his feelings on the matter, but this was a public vote. People have spoken. Not my choice, but there it is, people have spoken. Would that be right?

just asking.

110. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

tarts. portuguese tarts.

111. Geriatric Mayfly

This verbal diarrhoea from a Professor at Wilfred Laurier, Canada (Where else you may ask?)
    This mumbo-jumbo does real mischief to my lower bowel. However, it’s an ill wind that blows no good. Cats can rejoice in the fact that we are all bound as one through ‘digitally mediated togetherness.’

My new research is on the history of digital intimacies. This project investigates the intimate potentials and problematics of social media forms, drawing critical insights from intimacy theory (a subset of queer theory), but extending its ambit to consider multiple forms of digitally mediated togetherness. This project employs discourse analysis in combination with digital humanities methodologies to investigate past, existing, and emerging forms of digitally mediated intimacy. These include such topics as hashtags as technosocial assemblages; MMOs and avatar infidelity; the politics of race-activist hashtags such as #Ferguson; haptics and digital touching; and the emerging sex robot industry. In conjunction with this project I also edited the collection Hashtag Publics: The Power and Politics of Discursive Networks (Digital Formations series, Peter Lang, 2015). This collection investigates the diversity of publics that hashtags address, with politics and positionalities ranging from subcultural and community maintenance; to speaking back to state, corporate and societal power and privilege.
    David Thompson

112. Pickles

Don’t mention Portuguese or Tiny Dancer will be about quick smart growling like a camp dog.

113. candy

Grigory’s long gone. He was a nice chap in the beginning. I liked him and read his comments, but somehow things went awry and he became unkind to various bloggers. you know, like a trap he fell into. Instead of providing interesting information and points of view, he got a bit testy. Getting personal. Never good.

114. zyconoclast

Hopefully, it is better than Snakes on a Plane movie.

115. Makka

The MP should first follow the wishes of those who voted him in , in return for those putting him there.

NATIONAL BREAKING NEWS
    Inquiry in to WA fake medal MP’s service

Greg Roberts And Angie Raphael
    Australian Associated Press
    9:19PM November 21, 2017

The West Australian Labor Party has asked British authorities for information about the military and police record of one of its own MPs after it emerged Barry Urban had falsely worn an Australian medal.

The member for Darling Range also misled Premier Mark McGowan by initially saying “there was nothing in it” and he had been sent the wrong award medal and had unintentionally worn something he was not entitled to.

But he has since changed his story to say that he had ordered the Australian Police Overseas Service Medal himself that he was seen wearing at ANZAC day commemorations but accidentally ordered the wrong one.

It is a crime to wear a service award not earned.

Mr McGowan told WA Parliament on Tuesday Labor was seeking “further confirmation of his service record from the British police”.

That included claims about serving overseas in the army investigating war crimes in Bosnia and Herzegovina and numerous other countries.

That service and his university qualifications have been removed from his Labor-approved Facebook page, which still states he served in the army and with police in the UK and Australia.

His LinkedIn profile has been shut down.

“I have counselled him severely,” Mr McGowan said during question time.

“‘I am disappointed in him, what he did was unacceptable, he has apologised to me … I am disappointed in what he advised the public in relation to these issues.”

Breaking news, from the Oz. One more scoundrel, unmasked…

I knew you’d turn up Pickles. Bought some of those delicious delicacies in Macau. Mmm…mmm.

118. candy

My thoughts too, Makka. Thank you for responding.

119. OneWorldGovernment #2561113, posted on November 21, 2017 at 5:42 pm that, “What would be fascinating is to see an external Australian organization do a security check of our Defence Force system.”

An external security check of our National Defence was done a decade or so ago by the international Jane’s Defence Analysis team.

Their conclusion was along the lines of, “as Australia has massive natural resources and a minuscule defence force, it is inevitable that sooner or later someone will want to take them. It is a case of when, not if..

120. zyconoclast

The lefty Greek fuckwit running Their Sky who sacked Mark Latham has no idea, except his fervent wish to avoid controversy so his Friday night dinner parties will be acceptably pleasant.

And wanting a job at the ABC
    Greek-Australian Angelos Frangopoulos Up for High Ranked Job on ABC

121. P

Pickles is a really good bloke and I look forward to when he will again post often as in the past.

Cheers Pickles, I always have appreciated your comments here.

122. Knuckle Dragger

It is, in my humble opinion, absolutely impossible to wear a medal that you’re not entitled to.

Frogmarch the prick into the Swanbourne boozer and he can explain himself to those chaps in the sandy berets.

Profiles in courage …

Tim Nicholls, asked today for a “yes” or a “no” on teaming with One Nation, if necessary, after the weekend election, replied …

Pass.

With a giggle.
    These are the fags running the Liberal Party nowadays.

124. zyconoclast

Nice boobs, too.

Sharri Markson has just video recorded you typing that and will report you to the police.

125. P

Makka, this has been constantly on my mind since the 15th when I saw the figures for the electorates.

I am familiar with the seats in SW and NW Sydney where the representatives will vote in parliament against the wishes of the majority of those who put them there.
    Incongruous?

126. Snoopy

Mr McGowan said Mr Urban had had to receive medical attention such was his humiliation and distress by media coverage about him.

Victim. Confirmed!

127. zyconoclast

So your wife doesn’t mind you enjoying another woman’s muffins for dessert?
    How very progressive.

128. Knuckle Dragger

I wasn’t going to watch the second half of the tart cricket, but I did.

Things That are Wrong with Chick Cricket:

1. Boundaries an eight year old with Spina bifida could belt a ball into, and over;
    2. A multitude of catches spilt that I would have expected a shitfaced auntie, post-Christmas lunch in the backyard to take;
    3. Not one, NOT ONE player wearing a G string;
    4. Unless they’re strapped down or something, none of them have the assets worthy of parading down the street with the owner carrying a camera; and
    5. Sadly, everything else.

There was someone on here the other night saying the ladies could hold their own in men’s company in this field of endeavour. These are allegedly the best in the world, and I reckon any U16 team I played in would whip their arses.

And then after the match, whip their arses.

129. Snoopy

Pass.

Tim Mander should be the LNP leader.

130. Empire

Trickler posted a vid the other day about Gary the Goat, the animals death and owner Jimbo’s determination to get him to the taxidermist quick to preserve the memory of his great mate. I was moved.

Turns out Jimbo (a comedian) has copped a shakedown from the constabulary for being a funny man.

Vale Gary and a big fuck you to every officious prick who walks the Earth.

131. zyconoclast

So from Faggot to Maggot?

132. Boambee John

Empire
    #2561386, posted on November 21, 2017 at 8:52 pm

CoEI translates as progressing cultural marxism.

I am shocked, shocked I say, that professional journalists would engage in such a subterfuge!

133. H B Bear

The Australian economy and political scene would be in a lot better shape if the Pommy wallopers had done their job properly and fitted up the old queer when they had the opportunity.

134. Pedro the Ignorant

Any military Cats able to answer this Q?

Is it illegal to wear a military medal that hasn’t been awarded by the Government?

(As distinct from being an exceptionally dishonest act and vile insult to those who have earned their medals).

135. zyconoclast

Tim Mander should be the LNP leader.

Have they ever tried Lawrence Springborg? He might be worth a try.

136. H B Bear

j’ism sprayers are selling themselves more cheaply than a Venezuelan street prostitute as they try and make people pay for the worthless tripe they produce. This appeared in my Twitter feed a while back. Gruaniad Labs LOL – Muppet Labs more like it.

Apparently muslim recruits in Germany’s police force are taking over:

What a surprise; and to think some here defend islam.

138. P

I am torn as to what the MPs of those electorates who voted conclusively NO or YES should do.

Maybe someone on this blog can come up with what morally they think the MPs should do when it comes to their parliamentary vote.

If I were a MP representing an electorate I would find it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to vote against my own conscience.

139. Siltstone

tarts. portuguese tarts.

pastel de nata

or pastel de Belem

only 2.50 Euro, with a short black, in Lisbon…bloody good

140. Empire

The extent and prevalence of violent vitriol in support of weaponised homosexualism since the survey results were published suggests it is emanating in many cases from heterosexual lunatics.

Which begs the question, why are they jumping someone else’s train?

141. zyconoclast

You are elected as a representative. Vote as your electorate wants.
    If you have an issue with your conscience go to confession or find another job.

142. Siltstone

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays instead of serving you if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    Edmund Burke

143. Infidel Tiger

Oh what misery Howard and Alan Jones have foisted upon Australia under the guise of conservatism.

In a righteous world they would die in a fire in Martin Place while middle class families threw fruit at them.

144. Empire

A result from a postal survey which poses the wrong question is no justification for redefining the meaning of a word. An MP with principles should nay and perhaps offer support for some other form of special contract for homosexuals (or even platonic relationships of codependency between any two consenting adults) as an alternative.

145. DrBeauGan

BorisG
    #2561396, posted on November 21, 2017 at 8:55 pm

For LaTeX, the sameTeXworks is good. There are Linux and windows versions. The current Linux GUIs are excellent, but there’s a command line box if you want to get down and dirty. I’ve used it for a few installations, although I found out later I could have done it via a GUI.

I have a nice Maxima too. Not as good as Mathematica, but free and quite effective. Graphics not all it might be.

Every now and then a YouTube commenter nails it:

In 1978 they held up beer cans, not fucking cell phones!

Five lads from Australia nearly demolish Essex University.
    Phil Rudd on drums and Malcolm are the stand-outs here.
    How those students’ ears survived that stack of Marshalls is a miracle.
    In memory of Malcolm, guitar leviathan and all-round nice guy.

147. Infidel Tiger

You are elected as a representative. Vote as your electorate wants.
    If you have an issue with your conscience go to confession or find another job.

I’m not sure that’s right, particularly if it’s supposedly a conscience vote taking place.

And with voting on party lines they are surely not representing their electorate.

I have a personal dream of being elected as a Liberal and then going rogue from day 1 but refusing to leave the party. My aim is to be the most hated person in Canberra.

148. P

zyconoclast #2561473, posted on November 21, 2017 at 10:08 pm

You are elected as a representative. Vote as your electorate wants.

This I believe is the right way to go in accordance with democracy.

This is not what is going to happen in most, if n0t all, of the 12 electorates that voted NO in this postal survey.

149. Infidel Tiger

I was just down taking a look at Bon Scott’s statue in Freo.

150. Makka

A lot of those electorates will exact their own price from their MP. Likely support of more marriage equality ie polygamy.

151. Bruce in WA

I was just down taking a look at Bon Scott’s statue in Freo.

Little bugger, wasn’t he!

152. Makka

Little bugger, wasn’t he!

Skinny as but he could blue.

153. Candy

It’s not a conscience vote. It’s a people’s vote. That was the whole point. Did we not all understand that from the beginning?

154. Empire

This I believe is the right way to go in accordance with democracy.

Bollocks. That isn’t how representative democracy operates. MPs are not messenger boys for their constituents. Their judgement is subject to the judgement of their constituents on Election Day.

155. Infidel Tiger

Little bugger, wasn’t he!

He’s about 5’ if the statue is any guide.

156. Empire

It was an optional response postal survey. Don’t over egg the omelette.

157. OneWorldGovernment

hey ohohoh OCO.

Have you actually done anything in your life?

158. Bruce in WA

Last Christmas. NYC. I was singing this in a store as I was looking for Chrissie presents. Two Afro-American ladies heard me and were in stitches … actually crying.

You know it’s time 😀

159. Candy

TNT probably my favourite. I love the oi oi oi in it. Powerful Aussie bogan stuff.

160. notafan

Cheers Bruce wish you had that on video.

Regarding falsely wearing medals, there are two categories of offender, IMO.
    The first are marginalised eccentrics, deserving of pity. Just leave them alone, provided they’re not trying to defraud the Commonwealth. Show some mercy. Some of the blokes shirt-fronted by those “Stolen Valour” vigilante wankers in the US are basically deros.
    The second category are men in – very often – senior positions who are looking to either exaggerate or invent a career in military service in order to profit in a prestige sense. I have no sympathy for these.

162. John Constantine

Nowadays, their rose ward would set safe schools to train Bon Scott to choke on the cocks of an entire convoy of older and urgent lefty Big Men, instead of his own spew.

Recent Australian TV shows are proclaiming that Australian bushrangers were all gay,won’t be long and Bon Scott will be analysed as a repressed sexual identity that just needed to smoke heaps of predophile pole to be equally as happy as all safe schools catamite.

163. P

Some maybe, but not all. I am thinking here of Groom and a few in NW Sydney especially Mitchell.

why are they jumping someone else’s train?

Progressives = malcontents.
    Any cause in a storm.

165. BorisG

1. I didn’t mean I use Windows because of LaTeX (if that was what you assumed). I’d say I use Windows despite the fact that Linux is better with LaTeX (and many other things). Rather I use Windows because many people around me do, and because I have become lazy. I don’t program these days except in Matlab. Oh and if I need to teach Linux to PhD students? No thanks.

2. For math I use Maple. Have been loyal to it since 1992. I read about Maxima in 1980s but never had a chance to try it back then. Used Reduce. Someone recently told me that Maxima still exists. Survivor!

166. BrettW

Pedro,
    Most definitely illegal to wear military medals not entitled to. Full details of offences can be seen at anzmi.net web page FAQ section ( I see some already provided the link). Not looked for Federal Police legislation but suspect a similar offence applies.

I had a look at his medals online and he is wearing Australian Police Overseas Service Medal with a UN Cyprus medal. His claim he was awarded Police medal whilst serving in British Police in Bosnia-Herzegovina is an obvious lie. It has no connection to the British police. According to Wikipedia the medal should come with a clasp denoting the country served in and Bosnia-Herzegovina is not one of them. For example it could have a Cyprus clasp as many Australian police have served there and medal design features Cyprus in the middle.

Below is edited part of the story from West Australian paper. What is interesting is that no mention is made of his UN Cyprus medal. It is possible he got that whilst he was attached to British army. He even claimed he wrote to UK Police to ask how could have sent him the wrong medal !

He has a total of 17 years Army and Police service and I would guess that service and medals were prominent when he was running for election. Pity his fraud was not picked up before his election as would have seriously affected his chances.

“Barry Urban, told The Weekend West this month that his medal was a legitimate international police award for his peacekeeping and war crimes investigations while serving as a British police officer in Bosnia-Herzegovina in the late 1990s. He initially claimed that the Australian and British overseas service medals were “exactly the same” and that he was the victim of a political smear campaign.

But after further questioning about his medal, Mr Urban now says he must have been sent the wrong one in the mail by British police about 17 years ago. He had no idea how British authorities could have given him the Australian Police Overseas Service Medal, which is commonly known as a POSM and is only awarded by the Australian Federal Police through the Prime Minister’s honours directorate.

According to the Labor MP’s LinkedIn profile, he was a British soldier for four years, a British police officer for six years and spent seven years as a WA policeman”.

167. BorisG

there are two categories of offender, IMO

In a sense these two groups look kind of similar. You need to be really weird to want to gain prestige in this way. Thus second group is a bit the first.

and the first also hoping to gain some kind of prestige. On a different level.

168. Tiny Dancer

“…portugese…”, brings back memories of tales involving Pickles and the PBG.

169. BorisG

You are elected as a representative. Vote as your electorate wants.

zyconoclast, should British MPs whose electorates voted ‘remain’ vote against Brexit bills?

170. Dr Sir Major General

Defence Act (1903):

80B Improper use of service decorations*

(1) A person commits an offence if:
       (a) the person wears a service decoration; and
       (b) the person is not the person on whom the decoration was conferred.

Penalty: 30 penalty units or imprisonment for 6 months, or both.

(2) Where the person upon whom a service decoration was conferred has died, it is not an offence against subsection (1) for a member of the family of that person to wear the service decoration if the member of the family does not represent himself or herself as being the person upon whom the decoration was conferred.

Note: The defendant bears an evidential burden in relation to the matter in subsection (2). See subsection 13.3(3) of the Criminal Code.

(3) It is not an offence against subsection (1) for a person to wear a service decoration in the course of a dramatic or other visual representation (including such a representation to be televised) or in the making of a cinematograph film.

Note: The defendant bears an evidential burden in relation to the matter in subsection (3). See subsection 13.3(3) of the Criminal Code.

(4) A person shall not falsely represent himself or herself as being the person upon whom a service decoration has been conferred.

Penalty: 30 penalty units or imprisonment for 6 months, or both.

(5) A person shall not deface or destroy, by melting or otherwise, a service decoration.

Penalty: 60 penalty units or imprisonment for 12 months, or both.

* From §4, Interpretations:

Service Decoration—Means any order, medal, badge, clasp, bar or other insignia that was or may be conferred for valour, distinguished conduct or service, long service, good conduct, devotion to duty, efficiency, participation in a campaign or other warlike operation or for any other reason on a member of the Defence Force or of any armed force of any part of the Queen’s dominions or of any Power allied or associated with Australia in any war or warlike operations in which Australia is or has been engaged, and includes the ribbon of any such order, medal, badge, clasp or other decoration and any colourable imitation, representation or miniature of any such order, medal, badge, clasp or other decoration.

171. BorisG

Desert is usually full of sand, so muffins are indeed unreal.

172. Makka

TNT probably my favourite.

Highway to Hell and Dirty Deeds for me.

Start of the gig and the boys are setting up. Bon grabs the mike grinning like a lunatic and invites the patrons ; “Ok you fkn bastards, let’s go on a trip shall we ….. ?” then “Highway to Hell” taken out to 10 rapturous minutes…..Angus’ guitar riffs are going right through you, so deep your ribs hurt. For raw music energy, there was nothing like accadacca live. Nothing.

So from Faggot to Maggot?

Seems to be an anti-maggot faggot?
    How specist!

174. Ragu

Malcolm, guitar leviathan and all-round nice guy.

Hardly a leviathan. Stuck in the pentatonic box is every guitarists nightmare. Stuck in the box playing in three and four in a constant blues riff is, frankly, shit.

175. .

Your Will Be Done

(A simple, non-technical, beginner’s book of the true legal functions of the Queen, Governor-General, State Governors, Parliament, Parliamentarians and the People)

These crackpots never stop. Parliament has no right to set up committees?

Seems to be an anti-maggot faggot?

Not a larva lover?

177. Bruce in WA

Highway to Hell and Dirty Deeds for me.

“it’s a long way to the shop
    If you wanna sausage roll!”

178. zyconoclast

For consistency, I will have to say yes.
    (Even though I support Brexit)

179. Ragu

This is control, feedback and metre as it good as it gets

180. notafan

Oh no Leigh Lowe, not another one.

Looks like 2017 is going to be worse than 2016 the year when all the really cool people died because Trump won the election.

181. .

Parliament has to do as commanded by the Queen if a majority of Australians write her a letter?

Pure crankery.

182. BorisG

You are elected as a representative. Vote as your electorate wants.

I am not sure if this applies to every issue. You have a set of policy positions. You are elected for a variety of reasons, and it does not mean that you agree with the majority position of your electorate on every issue. Actually you may have disagreement with the electorate on many issues but still elected because your opposition was ugly, corrupt etc etc.

besides many voters simply vote for the party and don’t even know candidate’s name.

183. Pickles

I could say I only tried it once and was repulsed by it but that would be two lies in one sentence. However there is one truth among a swamp of shabby denial and that is that you invented the PBG and will be forever damned for it.

184. notafan

Still not taller than his mother in heels

I do recall at grade six graduations there was always one or two boys, and sometimes a girl s head or more taller than everyone else in the class.

Tall is good.

I don’t know ho you stop this. Liars Party wants to scrap the medicare levy for those earning less than 87k, creating more dependency on the top income earners and also more Liars party voters.

Chris Bowen has conceded that Labor will keep its top marginal tax rate of 49.5 per cent, arguing that while the budget deficit remains, the deficit levy should stay in place.

While Labor has chosen to keep the Turnbull government’s discontinued two per cent deficit levy for those earning more than $180,000, it has pledged to get rid of the 2.5 per cent Medicare levy increase for anyone earning less than $87,000.

Asked to justify a top marginal tax rate of 49.5 per cent for those earning more than $180,000, Mr Bowen said: “We’re going to keep the deficit levy in place, to reimpose that, that is the case, because we’ve still got a deficit.”

“These are difficult decisions,” he told Sky News.

“That’s why we’re putting out our tax policy.”

186. DrBeauGan

It was based on the MIT Macsyma, but it’s still being developed. I know people who swear by Maple, mainly because it’s Canadian. MATLAB is good. Some of the toolboxes are excellent.

My PhD students were given a thesis format and a page or so of LaTeX and told to teach themselves. Oh, and to start compiling their BibTeX files from day one.

You mustn’t make life easy for PhD students, it’s bad for them. I suffered for mine, so should they.

Don’t be silly.

188. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

avatar infidelity

Golly gosh, now this. What does it mean? Do people fall in love with avatars and then get jealous when the avatar starts fondling someone else? Or some other avatar starts fondling your own special avatar? Hey, leave that avatar alone, he’s mine. Is this happening on the Cat, right under our very own eyes?

That, and ‘digital touching’. That’s the fondling stuff, is it? Plus his research is going to assist with ‘robot sex’, which is for when it gets to the real deal?

These are the ravings of a demented loon, put into the form of a grant application.

Doc

What level of a math degree would you be in a commerce one with finance as the major? Do you know?

190. Rev. Archibald

I used to have a housemate who had a 12 year old son.
    The kid had every bon scott ac/dc on vinyl.
    God I came to hate that band.
    One day he was, as per usual, bunking off school, smoking dope with two dickhead mates with the accadacca cranked up behind his locked bedroom door.
    I had a maths assignment due.
    I asked nicely at first.
    I will never forget the looks on his mates faces as they ran out of the room and kept on running after I knocked his door in with a sledge hammer.
    Good fun.

Saw the AC/DCs at the Myer Music Bowl in the early 1980’s.
    And it was only fucking LOUD!!
    Pretty sure they wound the amps up to 11 for “Rock n Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution”.
    The nearby residents disagreed and there was nothing louder than Carols by Candlelight at the bowl for close to ten years after.
    The evenings entertainment concluded with temporarily deafened bogans pelting empty long-necks at divvy vans.
    Golden days.

192. Rev. Archibald

I like whole lotta rosie though.

In a weird kind of way I can visualise Bon saying …
    “Yeah. (Cackle) Good on ya. (Cackle). Little xunt!”

194. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

And from now on, we’ll always have a deficit, so let’s just call it a tax increase and be honest, eh?

195. .

JC
    #2561537, posted on November 21, 2017 at 11:13 pm
    I don’t know how you stop this.

You must cut spending.

With moderate additional spending cuts each year, Howard could have abolished income tax. The spending to GDP ratio would be about 10% lower.

196. Ragu

It’s a pity I can’t post Zappa’s solo Peering into dark water.

A more dissonant feedback laden solo you will never hear. So much feedback you can actually hear the PA system try to shit itself.

I just found that Myer Music Bowl concert on Youse-Tubes.
    It was February 1981.
    Sound is very scratchy but some of it sounds surprisingly “bluesy” compared to the way they developed over the years.

Dot

My question was rhetorical. The Liars are trying to load even more on the higher income earners. They have absolutely no desire to cut n spending either.

Sure it was the Libs under Abbott who introduced the temporary income tax levy on the higher brackets, which they argued we needed for deficit reduction and is now permanent. Liars don’t give a shit about the deficit and will also increase spending.

199. Snoopy

Cutting Federal revenue by only 40%? That’s as weak as piss.

200. max

Where would Australian rock music be without pommy migrants ?

Saw a bit of the Easybeats tonight on the ABC.

It’s a stretch to call them or AC/DC Australian.

Doc

Low.
    You just need a grasp of financial maths (DCFs and NPVs) and a some mid level statistical analysis.
    No moonshot trajectory calcs or anything.
    And that was back last century.
    Probably less stringent now.

Where would Australian rock music be without pommy migrants ?

All we would have would be “Crowded House” and “30 Odd Foot of Grunts.”
    No … wait …

203. DrBeauGan

JC
    #2561543, posted on November 21, 2017 at 11:18 pm
    Doc

Sorry, JC, no idea. Statistics heavy, can’t see much reason for much else. Some programming is handy, much of the stats and programming would be done in Excel. It can do all the basics and more.

My spreadsheet program under Linux is compatible with Excel but the graphics aren’t as powerful. No 3-D graphics. Everyone should have the basics of Excel or equivalent. Everyone needs a grasp of statistics. If you can’t handle the normal distribution you aren’t reall human and it’s OK to eat you.

204. .

Depends JC if you major in finance or financial maths.

Can be just simple algebra (basic TVM, NPV/IRR and bond immunisation) and a little bit of differential calculus (Markowitz frontier/bond duration).

At most in a non-math heavy route you might work up to partial derivatives for Black-Scholes.

On the other hand, financial maths goes into stochastic calculus, non-harmonic series and extremely sophisticated integral calculus I’ve only seen in economics for very advanced game theory regarding credit risk.

205. Oh come on

hey ohohoh OCO.

Have you actually done anything in your life?

Yes! I have called for various measures to be enacted forty years ago! Screamed at the sky, I did! I am certain my exploits have been memorialised at the Canberra War Museum. And if they haven’t, it’s because people who refused to listen to my sky-screaming decided they shouldn’t be.

So, OWG. Now you know of my mighty feats. What have YOU done in your life?

206. Siltstone

Leigh Lowe
    #2561546, posted on November 21, 2017 at 11:19 pm
    Saw the AC/DCs at the Myer Music Bowl in the early 1980’s.
    The was no responsible service of alcohol in those days on account of everyone bringing eskies loaded to the hilt. And it was only fucking LOUD!!

I was at Festival Hall in Brisbane two days earlier when AC/DC played on 25 February. Loud and good. No eskies but.

207. DrBeauGan

There is some heavy mathematics required to analyse the right handling of some derivatives. But that’s specialised stuff.

208. .
    #2561229, posted on November 21, 2017 at 7:04 pm
    I report, you comment.

So this woman juggles a husband, boyfriend, and girlfriend – and a 5 year old son whose name has now been plastered all over the media.
    She should be charged with child abuse.
    The husband ought to be shot for desertion of his son.

209. Rev. Archibald

The older I get the more I appreciate stuff that as a youngster I thought was soft cock rubbish.
    Neil Diamond, Nancy Sinatra and that Gorden Lightfoot number I linked above.
    A lot of hard rock just seems simple and childish now.
    And punk.
    Don’t get me started on rap.
    Mostly I like seeing what old stuff my five yo kid likes.
    Doris Day and even ABBA for chrissakes.

Leigh,

You make it sound so pathetic.

I reckon DFC and NPV are perhaps two of the greatest discoveries (if you could call it that) in human history. Ranks up there with double entry book keeping the old Italian monks came up with.

I never thought pure math was really that hard once you got the hang of it. Equations were shit simple for instance and you’d have to be retarded not to be able to get the hang of it with only a little practice. Calculus was a little harder, but also not out of this world hard.
    I’ve always thought one of the hardest things to understand – like really get a grip of is theology. I don’t mean bullshitting your way through, but really getting a firm grip on that stuff. It just leaves me blank. Philosophy can also be really difficult.

211. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

That’s the sort of door knock you can’t ignore.

Landlords take a dim view though. I recall one group place I stayed in when at uni where we had to put posters over holes smashed into most of the doors in order to get our bond back. The building was due for demolition anyway, but we didn’t want to give them the opportunity to refuse due to some view they might otherwise have formed that we were unworthy tenants. The posters were mostly of ladies unclad, the stash of a guy who left a while before, but surely that wouldn’t have gone against us? We all decided that to a real estate agent they would simply appear as artistic.

212. Stimpson J. Cat

hey ohohoh OCO.
    Have you actually done anything in your life?
    Yes! I have called for various measures to be enacted forty years ago!

You are both ridiculously old and no one cares, especially me because I hadn’t even been born.
    Carry on.

DrBeauGan

#2561562, posted on November 21, 2017 at 11:37 pm

True, Excel has pretty much all the financial maths algorithms you could ever need embedded in it.
    But you have to understand how to apply them and what they mean.

True. Black Scholes was an incredible discovery. Great thing was that you didn’t need to understand it in order to use the model.

215. Pedro the Ignorant

Thanks to Cats re Barry Urban, (WA MP – ALP) allegedly fake police or military medals.

Interesting times ahead for Premier McGowan, especially as he is an ex Navy lawyer and would be aware of the relevant Defence Act provisions about wearing fake medals.

That ANZMI website is an eye opener. I had no idea that so many fake veterans were around and especiallly prevalent among senior members of the RSL.

What a pack of low lifes.

216. Viva

So every time the subject of gay marriage came up Paul Murray without fail had to announce he was right behind the yes vote. Every time. So now the new subject du jour, euthanasia, came up on his show tonight and just like clockwork ….

DrBeauGan

#2561567, posted on November 21, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Yet they sell CFD’s on morning TV.
    Must be some sharp dudes sitting at home whilst we are all at work.

218. DrBeauGan

Just seen your answer, dot. That level of derivative handling requires a lot more than just being able to calculate partial derivatives. I assumed JC was talking undergraduate level.

Anybody dealing with black-scholes seriously needs to be educated enough to penetrate the bullshit. There are mathematicians who prefer to terrorise than inform. It’s much easier.

219. .

JC

I found linear algebra totally foreign when I first encountered it. Calculus was natural; matrices were alien.

I still find induction pretty hard to do. The millionaire at MIT gives good lectures (discrete maths/comp sci maths).

I think the problem with theology and philosophy ( the two are related) is that you really have to focus when reading large slabs of dry stuff. I could never do that. I can focus intensely for short periods of time and then start to wonder off.

221. Rev. Archibald

There are mathematicians who prefer to terrorise than inform.

True.

222. Norman Church

The real-ALP’s determination to keep the so-called deficit levy in place was entirely predictable and yet another reason why former Treasurer Joe Hockey should never be allowed to show his face in public. Traitor.

223. Rev. Archibald

Calculus was natural;

Sicko.

We spot traders usually sat next/close to the derivatives traders. I recall they were always overriding the model when the expiry date/time was very close.

225. Snoopy

Australia’s biggest Ponzi scheme | Daily Telegraph
    9 mins ago – THE nation’s biggest fake investment scheme has fleeced $209 million from hardworking people, including a priest and a politician

Speaking of unentitled medal wearers and Paul Murray Live …
    His regular guest Hugh McDermott (Labor MP) has been guilty of same.

227. DrBeauGan

Linear algebra is trivial, dot. Trouble is, it takes at least two years hard work to see this.