Open Forum: June 23, 2018

1,400 Responses to Open Forum: June 23, 2018

1. Snoopy

You should have been there. It was a blast.

2. Frank

Delta,
    Clive James’ line was that the sixties was something that happened for 18 months in London to somebody else. Probably not too far wrong.

3. H B Bear

Only one way to find out.

4. Rae

Maybe there’s an overseas market for chilled Snoopy. Or frozen Snoopy. Or even Live Snoopy (to be slaughtered humanely in halal fashion, of course).

5. Oh come on

So let’s get this straight. The live cattle trade exists because cruel evil sadists have a pastime of slaughtering cattle inhumanely in Indonesia and Vietnam. I say pastime because it isn’t so much a business – apparently the stakeholders in the live cattle export industry would make more money butchering the animals in Australia and exporting the meat to these overseas markets. But why would they want to do that? Any profit from the live cattle trade is incidental – the primary motivator is the thrill of being a part of the extra brutality that apparently goes along with slaughtering these animals in the markets their meat is consumed in.

Right. That sounds like a plausible reason why we ought to suspend the standard rules that govern trade in a commodity – whether a demand exists for a product and if a supplier is willing to meet that demand at a mutually agreed upon price.

No, we can ignore that because some know-nothing inner-city greenie twats think etablishing developed-world supply chains in the developing world is as straightforward as popping down to your local Colesworths for some vegan beef-substitute.

Actually, that’ll be the next suggestion. Why sell the Indons and Viets beef when it’s obvious they’ll happily purchase and consume steak-shaped tofu made in right here in Australia, guaranteed no animals harmed in the manufacture of this substance*?

Yes I’m sure that’s exactly what our overseas meat buyers want – it’s only sadistic farmers who get their rocks off murdering steers standing in the way of this more humane trade in meat-substitute products.

*no guarantees extended to its consumers, though

6. Baldrick

Still too good to leave on the page turn. Enjoy 😉

rickw
    #2745728, posted on June 24, 2018 at 10:01 am
    When I was in Guam I brought a Daisy Buck BB gun for my friend in Majuro’s two sons and dropped it off earlier in the week. Every nook and cranny of their land is now adorned with drink can targets. I think they’re about halfway through the 2,000 BB’s I also gave them.
    Simple pleasures denied to Australian kids by our Deep State overlords.
    _____
    Rae
    #2745738, posted on June 24, 2018 at 10:10 am
    BBs are illegal in Victoria. Thanks to your little bit of boasting here, your friend in Majuro with the two sons will probably get a visit soon from VicPol. No doubt Brian of Moorabbin can tell you how easily identifiable you’ve made them. And, if what you say is true, you will probably be invited to explain to VicPol how they acquired that Daisy Buck BB.
    _____
    rickw
    #2745762, posted on June 24, 2018 at 10:32 am
    Majuro is in the Marshall Islands you complete fuckwit.

7. Rossini

Delta A
    #2746072, posted on June 24, 2018 at 4:20 pm

8. Delta A

Ah, Baldy, that’s hilarious!

9. DrBeauGan

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2746053, posted on June 24, 2018 at 3:51 pm
    Monty, it’s time for you to:
    #WalkAway

There is no shame in it.

I’ll wait for you bro.

#WalkAway.

Stimps, you’ve got m0nty wrong. He’s not a liberal. He’s a leftie. He sees himself in the catbird seat when the revolution comes and he gets control and the chance to punch anyone he wants as well as calling them Nazis. Until then, he just throws shit around. He enjoys that.

10. Gab

Ahahahaha, priceless, Baldy.

11. Rae

I’m still arguing for the inclusion of “hyena.”

Carried on the voices. How about:

Zulu Kilo Hyena Two Alpha

or:

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha Hyena

Can we vote on it?

12. Baldrick

Careful Delta. The Majuro Victorian Police branch is on the prowl.

13. Stimpson J. Cat

Only one way to find out.

Ask P.
    She knows Clive James.
    It’s the only way to be sure.

14. Stimpson J. Cat

The Majuro Victorian Police branch is on the prowl.

I thought they only investigated unnatural sock crimes against Grey Nurses.
    This is surely outside their jurisdiction.

15. Oh come on

The Majuro regime in Venezuela is doing an excellent job ensuring that the sale of meat products is minimised.

16. Rae

Ah. At last. A pile-on. Sort of. Are you there, Jump?

17. Boambee John

Dr BG at 1638

m0nty doesn’t understand that he runs a small business. What is worse, that business is based on exploiting the working class by persuading them to play “fantasy football” at a cost from which he creams off gross profits. He is politically “unsound”.

Kulaks like him will be purged ruthlessly, and their property forfeited to the state. Their family will be sent to the Gulag for re-education.

18. Delta A

Careful Delta. The Majuro Victorian Police branch is on the prowl.

You’ve convinced me.

I wasn’t going to, but now I have to read upthread. 🙂

19. Gab

The Majuro Victorian Police branch

LOL. I bet they tried to arrest Custer at the Alamo too.

20. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Erk. That young millennial socialist on Outsiders today. Chilling, sad, and Gramsci’d.
    A very large broom needs to be put through our schools and universities.
    I’ve put a comment up re her and the ideological capture of Gen Millennial on the Trump thread just up. Will now check back thread and see what Cats have to say.

21. Stimpson J. Cat

Can we vote on it?

Is this the vote on whether Grigs aka Rae should voluntarily depart Catallaxy forever for a successful career in Aldi catalogue perusal according to the blogosphere wishes because he is a numpty f$ckwit?
    Can we do that vote? Again?

22. Stimpson J. Cat

And when I say blogosphere, of course I mean blogowner.
    F$cking Skynet robot sabotage every time.

23. Stimpson J. Cat

He enjoys that.

I won’t give up on him or his waistline Dr B.
    I care too much.
    It’s my curse.

24. Stimpson J. Cat

I refuse to let Monty degenerate into just another hipster bearded sh$te tattoo having fat lesbian Antifa pink p$ssyhat wearing bin kicker.

He’s like a badly dressed overweight gamer cosplaying as Darth Vader.
    There is still good in him.

I can feel it.

25. I can feel it.

May the Farce be with you.

26. Entropy

It t might have been half a deco add in the sixties at Sydney uni too. When was the Push around? I am pretty sure Ellis was floating around then, but was probably too rural for those sophisticates. So because he wanted to be one of them, his whole life was trying to equal them. Mrs Entropy’s three uncles were all doing medicine about that time (Legacy) had have plenty of distainful stories about that mob, and particularly Ellis, who they knew personally.

Majuro must be out near Nhill. Or Kaniva. Or Mangangatang. I’ve just never seen the speed restriction signs.

Googleory has, though.

Ahahahahaha.

28. Entropy

I agree Stimpson.
    I reckon with the right encouragement and paternal development, Montz could at least manage the late morning shift on JC’s hotline.

I’ll bet the Red Hen restaurant closes in the next 12 months.

Uber virtue signalling faceplant.

Still too good to leave on the page turn. Enjoy 😉

It’s got to be one of the more classic beclownments on the Cat, Balders. My compliments, and thanks.

Shakespeare and Hathaway
    This Promised End

Worst whodunnit script evah.
    Turns out the mild mannered undertaker was guilty of DV in the last 10 min of the script.
    Sad.

32. Stimpson J. Cat

Stimpys Thoughtful Millenial Post Of the Day Winner

karl
    @YaBoiiKarl
    Whenever I have a bad day, I just remember all boomers will die in my life time. That gives me hope.

9:39 AM · Jun 24, 2018

33. Delta A

Majuro must be out near Nhill. Or Kaniva.

Nope. We drove that way a while back and there was no Majuro signposted.

Maybe up on the border at Wodonga?

34. DrBeauGan

Entropy
    #2746113, posted on June 24, 2018 at 5:10 pm
    I agree Stimpson.

I don’t. I think he’d talk them out of it.

35. Rae

Could be, Tom. Any of those. I tried to help you with it earlier, to no avail. Now Old Snipey Snark and Gab have formed the Majuro Crime Task Force you can be sure a “valued””contribution” will be forthcoming. They are Marshalling their forces as we speak, so to speak.

36. Entropy

Those bastards will use their ill gotten gains to outlive you Stimpy. In fact they will make you pay for it. You know that will happen. You must just accept it.

Why did the Red Hen cross the road?
    Sanders was chasing her with 11 herbs and spices.

38. Confused Old Misfit

If you want to find Majuro you’ll have to have wings!

Majuro is the capital and largest city of the Republic of the Marshall Islands. It is also a large coral atoll of 64 islands in the Pacific Ocean. It forms a legislative district of the Ratak Chain of the Marshall Islands. Wikipedia

39. Delta A

I just remember all boomers will die in my life time

Maybe, but many of us will go out with luxurious locks. You might be here, still. But you’ll be bald.

Still.

40. Stimpson J. Cat

Grigs aka Rae my little numpty f$ckwit,
    you do understand the difference between laughing with you and at you?
    Because this is one of those laughing at you times.

41. H B Bear

Majuro must be out near Nhill. Or Kaniva. Or Mangangatang.

Just check Graegooglery Maps.

karl
    @YaBoiiKarl

The perpetual whinge of the Millenial

“What do we want? EVERYTHING!”

“When do we want it? NOW!”

karl
    @YaBoiiKarl

9:39 AM · Jun 24, 2018

I’m planning to live forever, karl. How about you?

44. Stimpson J. Cat

Still.

Don’t shoot the messenger Jesus Christ.
    It’s not my fault Millenials hate Boomers.

Such an epic beclownment:

Rae
    #2745738, posted on June 24, 2018 at 10:10 am

Can’t help reposting.

God has given you extra grace, Baldrick. It drives atheist smartarses mad.

May grey nomads forever block your path.
    And aggressive Chinese tourists.

Another day, another dummy spit.

Democracy’s great until it delivers something you don’t like. Solution? Whinge your way back to the ballot box. The people made a mistake of course. Until they don’t.

karl
    @YaBoiiKarl

Can somebody twitter this rooster, and inform him “I like being a baby boomer. You get to watch Gen Millennial reveal themselves as the whiny little snowflakes they actually are?”

49. Stimpson J. Cat

Look, I don’t mind Boomers.
    Some of them are great people, just the best.
    If I had to choose between them and their long litany of selfishness and failure vs that of the current generation with the highest number of fatalities due to looking at a phone and walking directly into traffic,
    I would probably choose Boomers in a heartbeat.
    They at least know how to f$cking look up and ignore what is going on around them.

😁

50. Delta A

Don’t shoot the messenger Jesus Christ

Sorry, Stimpy. Speed reading today.

PS: I’m actually not Jesus Christ. (Don’t apologise, you’re not the first person to make that mistake.)

51. Whenever I have a bad day, I just remember all boomers will die in my life time.

Four major heart attacks, three crippling strokes, two lots of open heart surgery, and I’m cleared to drive again from next Wednesday. Don’t count on me pegging out any time soon, Stimpy.

52. pete m

Rae you colossal imbecile, Tom was not looking at the geo error in your comment and just stating the bleeding obvious that you are a nutcase stalker.

If you want to lecture people about laws applying to them then it is incumbent on you to get the location right, fool.

To hide your stupidity by this sort of red herring is to double down with an extra helping of arrogance.

If you had any self respect you’d leave and never come back.

Just remember every single human here knows you are a dick.

You have unlocked one of the secrets of happiness, Stimps. But shush…don’t tell anyone or they’ll all be doing it.

54. Stimpson J. Cat

When I read through his Twitter I feel connected, like we are both bipolar brothers:

KANYE WEST
    @kanyewest
    give without pride
    8:33 PM · Jun 14, 2018

KANYE WEST
    @kanyewest
    be great without pride
    8:33 PM · Jun 14, 2018

KANYE WEST
    @kanyewest
    your pride can be and will be used against you
    8:33 PM · Jun 14, 2018

KANYE WEST
    @kanyewest
    I killed my ego
    8:34 PM · Jun 14, 2018

KANYE WEST
    @kanyewest
    Who or what is Kanye West with no ego? Just Ye
    8:35 PM · Jun 14, 2018

KANYE WEST
    @kanyewest
    this is new for me but it’s just how I feel now. I don’t know why. I thought my ego protected me from doubters so that I wouldn’t doubt myself but there has to be a better way to do this
    8:43 PM · Jun 14, 2018

KANYE WEST
    @kanyewest
    sometimes I have trouble saying no because I want to help everyone
    8:44 PM · Jun 14, 2018

Ha ha ha ha ja ja ha ja ja!!!!

55. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Imaging studies reveal a remarkable neocortical activation effect. Other studies highlighted increased neural plasticity. Don’t mistake that for a good thing, too many connections can quickly become a net negative.

That’s Mitch there, backthread, talking about LSD. I’ve taken it twice.
    First time my brain merely felt like a fibre optic Christmas tree.
    You could get used to that with everything dripping off like candle wax.
    The second, and last time, I nearly didn’t make it back; such acute anxiety about that.
    So many crossed wires had resulted in total spatial disorientation, a strange geometry.
    Then the tunnel of death with weirdness to come. Frightening.

My experience is very similar to a model of the stages of altered consciousness developed by David Lewis-Williams and David Pearce in their groundbreaking book “Inside the Neolithic Mind”, p. 48, where they postulate some Neolithic symbols, particularly the geometric ones, with spirals recalling the tunneling factor, represented shamanic experiences.

Don’t mess with that stuff. Some brains are not good for it. It is also not good for some brains.

The left are sick and getting sicker by the day.

Canadian TV scribe Pat Dussault threatened Donald Trump Jr.’s four year old daughter, Chloe, this week as well.

Actor Tom Arnold just vowed to show up at Barron Trump’s private school to protest his father’s policies.

57. Shy Ted

Top Gun, now there was a Hollywood movie. Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis as I remember. Apparently she wanted a cameo role in the 2018 remake. Computer said no.

58. Stimpson J. Cat

Don’t count on me pegging out any time soon, Stimpy.

Let’s leave Tomix out of this. It’s a terrible way to top yourself.

😁

59. .

Sorry, #Yeezy2024

The black frog will sing, y’all been lied to before, but now it feels good man!

“And a partridge in a pear tree?”

61. .

A conservative-leaning, Catholic libertarian might say “what an oddball”.

62. Myrddin Seren

For the benefit of the curious, what is this comment from dot about ?

“But for Wallsend Local Court, Grigory…?”

If it is a Cat meme, I would appreciate being in the loop. Ta.

Then the tunnel of death with weirdness to come. Frightening.

That happened to me on Pethidine of all things. During my first labour.

Never touched the stuff again. 😃

Actor Tom Arnold

Poor man’s John Goodman try hard.

65. .

Grigory did not have the capacity to argue a point of law and so used a career highlight in attempt to assert dominance. I’m also making a reference to A Man for All Seasons regarding a love of regulation and stupid, oppressive policies.

66. Beachcomber

The people made a mistake of course. Until they don’t.

Their ABC is getting moist with excitement about stamping the establishment boot on the faces of the Brits who voted for Brexit.

67. Rae

petem you colossal imbecile. Who gives a fuck what Tom was looking at?

All of you have been looking at and talking to me all afternoon. Contrary to the oft repeated orders from the resident Twitter roach.

Even the roach itself has broken its own rules by not just mentioning me, but directly quoting me, numerous times on consecutive pages.

If you want to lecture me about anything, it is incumbent on you to get your own act together, fool. Instead you just openly display your stupidity by doubling down with an extra helping of arrogance.

petem, if you had any self respect you’d leave and never come back. And take a few of the faux scrolling cohort with you.

Just remember every time you try to best me with a comment you just show again what a dick you are.

68. Death Giraffe

I was a teenager and young wife in the sixties and I can honestly state that not once did I see any of the drug abuse and sexual promiscuity

I think they are talking about the 1960’s Delta.
    Not when you grew up in the 1760’s.

69. Geriatric Mayfly

Neve. Nice name Jacinda and Clarke have chosen for their baby daughter.

Two adjacent neve fields in the New Zealand Alps. One the Garden of Allah, the other the Garden of Eden. I wonder to which one baby Neve owes allegiance.

70. Anthony

Malvina Reynolds gave a twist to the story by making it a pro-work, anti-shirk socialist anthem, with the worker hen retaining all the fruits of her labor: “And that’s why they called her Red.”[5]

The little red hen was a fucking communist.

Alan Moran has a petition up:

Amend the Foreign Influence Transparency Scheme Bill 2017 to protect Speech & Association.

72. Stimpson J. Cat

LSD. I’ve taken it twice.

Ha ha ha ja ja ha ja ja!
    Twice.
    Once should be enough for all of you my sane children.
    Don’t go looking for madness.
    Most of you really won’t like what you find.
    You all have a choice unlike some of us.

73. Stimpson J. Cat

She’s a lesbian.
    That could be Monty in five years.

74. Delta A

I think they are talking about the 1960’s Delta.
    Not when you grew up in the 1760’s.

Darn! I always get ’em confused.

75. “And a partridge in a pear tree?”

Nah – only five chooks I’m afraid. But they are good layers.
    Got a pear tree though.

76. H B Bear

Computer said no.

Yikes. Tom dodged a bullet there. Lucky he is gay.

77. Stimpson J. Cat

Grigs your tough talk is laughable.
    Like when you use reckon or bloke in a post.
    Just embarrassing.
    This is not the nurses station, no one is scared of your clipboard containing cutout Aldi coupons.

78. Rae

Neve. Nice name Jacinda and Clarke have chosen for their baby daughter.

Geriatric Mayfly. You need to watch House of Cards.

79. 132andBush

Stimpy,
    Jim Jeffries premise for the “gotcha” on Jordan Peterson is, I think, wrong.
    He argues that the government made people serve blacks, by law.
    Your favourite Ben covers it here

Sneering leftist take on the interview here

All that said, Peterson was off his game and must be getting mentally fatigued by now.

80. Rae

Neve. Nice name Jacinda and Clarke have chosen for their baby daughter.

Geriatric Mayfly. You need to watch House of Cards.

81. BorisG

Oh dear. I believe Stephanie Wilkinson, the owner of the Red Hen (who, as a Democrat voter, is a 90% chance of being a lesbian), just killed her business.

In a place where 90% voted for Clinton? I don’t think so.

82. Pickles

Steve Tickler thanks for th remastered music clips. And old mate with the mustang.

83. Death Giraffe

I just remember all boomers will die in my life time

In the best of all worlds, all boomers would have a millenial inserted into them, then be inserted into a grey nurse shark and set on fire before being fired from a trebuchet into a crocodile- infested cesspit.

84. Stimpson J. Cat

No excuses.
    He signed up to go on the show, he should have done his research.
    It was 100% guaranteed that Jeffries would try a gotcha.
    All he had to do was five minutes homework and come back with:

“So is it OK for Aborigines to be refused service from buying alcohol at certain stores in Australia then?
    Are they no better than animals, unable to control themselves without the White Man?
    Aren’t you an Australian White Man?
    Please explain. ”

Just imagine it.

85. struth

They are just requests.
    Orders are what you left wing fuckers want to give out all the time.
    Make your racism law, Nazi style.
    I talk to who I want , when I want, as others do here as well.
    When you actually get that pressure, you fall apart like you did sending Vic police into Guam to arrest BB gun children.
    You tool.
    We are actually only being nice when we don’t respond.
    Count your blessings.

Sometimes, when we feel in the mood, we like cats with a mouse, like to play with it, before we kill it.
    Figuratively speaking of course.
    You left wing Nazi racists are the real killers.

86. struth

Is there some sort of class you can attend to get to this level of writing?

87. BorisG

Oh come on
    #2746084, posted on June 24, 2018 at 4:31 pm

88. Rae

Yes, struth. Yawn. How’s the beef distribution network in Indonesia going? You ever drive a truck up there? Or a rickshaw?

89. Stimpson J. Cat

Or a rickshaw?

Grigs on a rickshaw.
    This is a disturbing scenario.

90. Shy Ted

Neve. Nice name Jacinda and Clarke have chosen for their baby daughter.
    Ah, but the kid’ full name is Neve R Trump Ardern. Or so I’m told.

91. Snoopy

In a place where 90% voted for Clinton? I don’t think so.

Taking your claim on its face, 90% Of those who voted, voted Democrat. It’s not the same thing. Let’s assume patronage falls by 15%. Not good. 20%? Much worse.

We are actually only being nice when we don’t respond.

I’m under strict orders, of course. At best, I have a few weaponised blessings. Plus relentless amusement.

The internet has broken Googleory. Poor little critter.

94. Rae

Neve. Nice name Jacinda and Clarke have chosen for their baby daughter.

Ah, but the kid’ full name is Neve R Trump Ardern. Or so I’m told.

Ah, but no. Listening to the sounds emitted by your own derriere is not a good idea. I wouldn’t want you to continue to be misinformed, so:

Neve Te Aroha Ardern Gayford — or Neve Gayford for short

No-one, not even you, would be dopey enough to include “Trump” in their kid’s name.

95. Delta A

The internet has broken Googleory.

Surely that can’t be true, Tom. Isn’t he the one who boasted that he’s The Digital D***head?

96. Baldrick

God has given you extra grace, Baldrick. It drives atheist smartarses mad.

It’s been throwing distraction squirrels out all day and I’ve been laughing all day Tom.
    It’s beautiful to watch.

97. Mitch M.

No excuses.
    He signed up to go on the show, he should have done his research.
    It was 100% guaranteed that Jeffries would try a gotcha.
    All he had to do was five minutes homework and come back with:

He was outwitted by a drug taking Aussie comedian who freely admits he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Moot because Peterson is already over. Just another academic who let celebrity go to his head. If you want to learn about human behavior the likes Pinker, Posner, Le Doux, Sapolsky etc can teach you more in a day than Peterson could in a week. If you want a moralising pretender stick with Peterson.

98. Stimpson J. Cat

Classic Numpty F$ckwit Grigs Gotcha Setup.
    Just imagine yourself spending your time doing this:

Rae
    #2745981, posted on June 24, 2018 at 2:08 pm
    Neve. Nice name Jacinda and Clarke have chosen for their baby daughter.

Rae
    #2746175, posted on June 24, 2018 at 5:58 pm
    Neve. Nice name Jacinda and Clarke have chosen for their baby daughter.
    Geriatric Mayfly. You need to watch House of Cards.

Rae
    #2746178, posted on June 24, 2018 at 6:00 pm
    Neve. Nice name Jacinda and Clarke have chosen for their baby daughter.
    Geriatric Mayfly. You need to watch House of Cards.

Rae
    #2746198, posted on June 24, 2018 at 6:29 pm
    Neve. Nice name Jacinda and Clarke have chosen for their baby daughter.
    Ah, but the kid’ full name is Neve R Trump Ardern. Or so I’m told.
    Neve Te Aroha Ardern Gayford — or Neve Gayford for short

Grigs you poor lost soul.

99. mh

Shy Ted
    #2746193, posted on June 24, 2018 at 6:18 pm
    Neve. Nice name Jacinda and Clarke have chosen for their baby daughter.
    Ah, but the kid’ full name is Neve R Trump Ardern. Or so I’m told.

Gold!

100. Makka

Hopefully your boomer parents will spend every cent of their hard earned wealth and leave you with fk all.

Then you will have to contend with millennial ninnies stealing your heard earned as they create their socialist PC paradise. Great future!

The internet has broken Googleory. Poor little critter.

As it has broken many on this site. Caught out in their lies, beclowned beyond belief, they depart, shattered beyond belief.

102. Makka

Report any creepy dudes loitering about, Neve. Grigsy has stalker form.

103. Baldrick

Classic Numpty F$ckwit Grigs Gotcha Setup.

They’re called Distraction Squirrels Stimpy. It’s hoping no one will notice his fuck-up about Majuro being in Victoria.

104. rickw

Still too good to leave on the page turn. Enjoy 😉

Thanks Balders!

105. Snoopy

According to Lee Lin Ching Chong on SBS, Italy has a far right government! That must be news to PM Giuseppe Conte of the Far Left Five Star Movement.

106. rickw

Is this where we’re headed?

Horrific.

107. Snoopy

Pond’s Institute gets a free kick on Lee Ling Ching’s SBS.

108. nemkat

Oh come on
    #2746084,

The takeout from that and the rant that followed is that you’re a gaslighting post turtle who doesn’t know what he is talking about, and doesn’t care.
    Sad to say, there’s some clown upthread who agrees with you.

109. Stimpson J. Cat

Can some of my fellow Catallaxy G$no’s and W$gs please translate this Ethnic babbling into English please.
    Thanks in advance. 😁

110. Snoopy

Oh, no! Aussie seabirds starving to death because plastic.

One of America’s most wanted fighting extradition from inside a Victorian prison cell
    SHANNON DEERY, Sunday Herald Sun
    June 24, 2018 1:50pm
    ONE of America’s most wanted men is fighting his extradition from inside a Victorian prison cell, accused of an $80 million loan fraud.

But James Christopher Castle has a bizarre argument against facing justice, claiming he is a top secret agent with the backing of the Queen.

US authorities believe Mr Castle was part of a group that duped struggling Californian mortgagees into donating their homes to his “church”.

He was on the run before the FBI tracked him to Australia. The 53-year-old is being held in Fulham prison, from where he is vigorously fighting extradition after refusing legal assistance.

Court documents allege Mr Castle and his co-conspirators, including his wife Lara, sold about 37 properties under this scheme, with the proceeds totalling more than $10 million.

They are also accused of putting 97 other homes through some phase of the “mortgage elimination program,” towards eventual sale. The legitimate loans they allegedly sought to fraudulently extinguish totalled more than $80 million.

112. Drink-Up Socrates

Seriously depressed by the Rugby farce, I couldn’t sleep. I turned on a seriously crappy SBS movie about a bunch of thugs who target a rich guy by kidnapping his wife and demanding a huge ransom.
    “Keep her”!
    Feeling much better I slept like a babe.

Mr Castle, who also goes by the names Chris Castle or James Castro, is charged with dozens of offences, including conspiracy to defraud the United States and bank fraud.

The “mortgage elimination program” used seminars to target homeowners at risk of foreclosure and promised that the “Shon-te-East-a, Walks with Spirit” church and the “Pillow Foundation” would protect them.

He is claiming immunity as an internationally protected person as a member of the “top secret” organisation International Treasury Control.

He says the Queen could vouch for his membership.

But the court ruled that Mr Castle was not immune from extradition and he was remanded to return to court at a later date.

114. From what I understand it was more a case of government mandated segregation being abolished which then let the market take over. Not “you must serve black people, or else”.

Oh dear. 132andbush, you have no idea what you are talking about.

115. Snoopy

Hey Monty, tell me again about the Democrat’s Jim Crow laws.

116. Rae

So fun today. It’s hard to tear myself away. But, State of Origin II is about to start.

Divided loyalties in the household. Will the Blues take the series? Or will the Maroons show their mettle again?

Go the Maroons.

117. Peter Castieau

Classical hero goes under the knife tonight for a kidney transplant.

Wishing him well.

“Keep her”!
    Feeling much better I slept like a babe.

One of the ouens, a few years ago, was driving along a road in that is now Zimbabwe, towards a city that is now Harare, when he was waved over by the local cops, and motioned to join a queue of cars.

“Ek say” he asked the cop. “What’s going on?”

“News of the greatest importance.” replied the cop. “Terrorists have kidnapped our great leader, Comrade Robert Mugabe. They are demanding a ransom of fifty trillion Zimbabwean dollars, or they will soak him in petrol, and set him alight. We are taking up a collection.”

“Oh,” replied the motorist. “Hows the collection going , so far? How much have you raised?”

“About fifty lit res” answered the cop “but the ouen ahead of you is still having his tank drained.”

119. Atoms for Peace

Air rifles or slug guns in OZ.

120. Snoopy

Hey Monty, please refresh my memory about KKK Kleagle and Grand Cyclops Robert C Byrd. Was he a Clinton bestie and Senate Democrat party leader?

gaslighting post turtle

Telling prose.

122. candy

In a place where 90% voted for Clinton? I don’t think so.

Probably not, but in effect the Sanders family were all shown the door, about 7 of them. They wouldn’t stay there after she was booted out and let her make her own way home in the evening, but would all go as well, being family.
    So though they are not working for D.Trump, they were considered fair game by the owner and she got rid of them all.
    I get the impression the Dems don’t mind that kind of attitude so probably her business won’t be affected.

123. struth

Go the Maroons.

They’re illegal in Guam.

124. struth

SGT Shultz is still here spewing his Nazi propaganda?
    FMD.
    Surely you have some sport to watch, SGT Monty Shultz?

125. Stimpson J. Cat

Divided loyalties in the household.

Just like when the Aldi catalogue rocks up.
    The Mrs wants the second page for dinner and Grigs wants the third page specials.
    Drama ensues.

126. They’re illegal in Guam.

I thought that was macaroons.

127. Snoopy

What a hypocritical plump cable our Monty is.

128. Drink-Up Socrates

What a stupid question. No one is arguing for ‘closed’ borders.
    I am!

129. Frank

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2746238, posted on June 24, 2018 at 7:23 pm

Mrs Grigs… shudder. Some great psychopathic puddle of giblets held aloft by high tensile corsetry and spite would be my guess. It would explain a lot.

130. Steve trickler

Great footage from 1967.

The MOB were running amok at the time.

131. Makka

Virginia went 50 HRC/45 Trump.

Lexington city went 62 HRC/ 30 Trump. Considering plenty of the Red Hen’s clientele would come from outside Lexington City (it’s a tourist destination) , let’s assume that between 30% and 45% would be Republican voters.

That is a very substantial risk to your turnover at a restaurant if Republican’s chose to eat elsewhere. The leftscum are not famous for putting their hand in their OWN pocket to help out their scummy kind.

The restaurant will suffer that’s certain, hopefully significantly enough to close it down and bankrupt the Wilkinon’s.

132. 132andBush

Really monty.
    I must be related to you then.

133. Shy Ted

Not old enough to smoke, drink, drive, leave school, get married but

134. John Constantine

When there is no cash, what happens when their hate crazed left decide to ban tobacco, and there is no way to pay in digital currency for black market stuff?.

Prohibition would have worked if there was no way to pay Al Capone for hooch?.

Their one party State decides sugar can no longer be purchased with digital currency, only doled out in rations to those with correct social media ratings?.

135. pete m

Rae
    #2746163, posted on June 24, 2018 at 5:49 pm
    petem you colossal imbecile. Who gives a fuck what Tom was looking at?

You did, and still do, and keep telling other people to as well.

Sad.

JC had you pegged from the start – colossal bore, who is now a dick.

136. Drink-Up Socrates

As a producer; and having an affinity with our stock (no moron, sheep not faggot snakes) I have never been comfortable with live exports. Especially early on when ‘slave ships’ were a comparison. And, even more so when we visited the Gulf and witnessed the cruelty of the sand moppets to animals that we raised and cared about.
    Hypocrite. Yes! But young kids, etc etc.
    So; I’ll hurt but not be devastated if the trade ends. If we had a real Government the negotiations would include substitute arrangements. But, of cause, Canberra understands that all wealth flows from the ABC and the Australia Council; so no problem with sacking a dirty trade.
    I concede live trade ending. But with seven kids, don’t come at me about abortion unless you are very well protected.

137. .

Steve trickler that clip is absolute gold.

138. Snoopy

World leading trannie taming! Of course.

International guidelines stipulate that medical intervention should not start until the age of 16 to avoid possible regret over hormone treatment.

The new Australian guidelines published on Monday are the most progressive in the world and emphasise the need for individualised care and more supportive “gender-affirming” management.

139. Shy Ted

Who said crime doesn’t pay?
    For $285.74 I’d be wanting him to get his tits out.

140. John Constantine

“Loose change a thing of the past

In an almost cash-free world, those few cash payments we still need to make can become a nuisance. I asked callers to ABC Radio Sydney when they get caught out.

“Bunnings Sausage Sizzle on a weekend is the only place,” said Ron. “I try to make sure I’ve got some coins in my pocket because they’re not taking cards and not having a snag ruins the whole experience.”

But if you’re not buying a coffee with a $10 note, how do you end up with any coins on you?

“I got into a total panic the other morning,” says another caller.

“My kids’ kindy needed $7 and I just didn’t have it anywhere. I couldn’t even remember my pin when I got to the ATM.”

Forgetting your pin is pretty common now. Once we discovered the ease of tapping anywhere, all over the world, we were hooked and there was no going back. ”

The proles do not want freedom.

Cashless Comrades.

141. .

What about the possible regret about getting your dick or tits cut off? Hormone treatment is a second order issue for these folks.

142. Snoopy

Shy Ted
    #2746254, posted on June 24, 2018 at 7:44 pm
    Who said crime doesn’t pay?
    For $285.74 I’d be wanting him to get his tits out.

Can we stump up for a restroom pass for Monty?

For those not interested in SOO. Docco on the Great Fire on SBS. Not bad.

Overlays of the old houses on the modern City buildings and some forensic work on how fire spreads.

144. .

Only a wild goop would care about rugby league these days.

145. nemkat

What about it?
    With the discovery of te Breast Cancer gene, surgeons can’t keep up with the demans of women wanting their tits cut off ”just in case”. Women are crazy.
    I very much doubt Caitlyn Jenner or Hannah Mouncey had their cocks cut off, though.
    Very hard to believe.

I’m retired these days, but, FWIW, if the live trade does end, agriculture is still faced with the situation that led to it’s foundation in the first place – the high cost of local slaughter and the added complication that the major Kuwaiti buyers are stating that they won’t be buying Australian frozen carcasses.

147. the high cost of local slaughter and the added complication that the major Kuwaiti buyers are stating that they won’t be buying Australian frozen carcasses.

Not to mention the very valid points raised by Struth and others regarding the lack of refrigeration in most of Indonesia, which is, as I understand it, our largest customer for live sheep and goats.

148. H B Bear

Started watching the rugby league but then had a sudden urge to have a gang bang with all my team mates watching on so I changed channels.

There’s another very valid point concerning the live cattle trade to Indonesia. Australian cattle, thanks to fairly strict quarantine regulations are free from a disease called “foot and mouth.” – look it up on the net. If Australia doesn’t supply cattle, the Indons will source them from India or Brazil. “Foot and mouth” disease may be present in India, but certainly is present in Brazil. If “foot and mouth” became established in Indonesia, it would be a matter of “when, not if, when” the disease was transmitted to Australia, and the costs to Australian agriculture have been estimated at twenty billion dollars, in the first year , alone.

150. Snoopy

H B Bear
    #2746270, posted on June 24, 2018 at 8:17 pm

Not wearing pants wouldn’t help.

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #2746272, posted on June 24, 2018 at 8:24 pm

Biggest problem with leftists is foot in mouth disease.

152. Geriatric Mayfly

Any stratagem to fuck up the social order and accepted norms will do, and the quicker the better. And if it means pushing kids into the frontline it will be anothervital assault on the family – one of the hardest nuts for the Left to crack.

153. Rae

Boyd Cordner took a dive to get a penalty try. Should be playing soccer.

154. Rae

who is now a dick

You are. Again, pete m. A total dick. Every time you open your unctuous gob you stick your foot in it. Can’t help yourself.

155. areff

Virginia went 50 HRC/45 Trump.

Large part of the 50HRC vote is black civil servants from Washington; as their numbers have grown with affirmative action the state has gone blue and bluer.

Not to make racist generalisations, but blacks have a reputation for being lousy tippers and demanding customers (ask my son, who waited tables in Brooklyn for two years). So, allowing the Red Hen gets more democrat diners, the staff aren’t going to profit from their exercise in, er, conscience. As for the stupid owner, she had better hope there are enough up-market lefty white diners left in the Old Dominion to compensate for the grief and boycotts that are coming her way.

A sensible woman would have kept her yap shut.

156. Nick

The Red Hen. Sounds like a good name for a chain of Hilary Clinton theme restaurants.

157. Mater

Yeah, but ‘The Blue Dress’ would demonstrate more spunk.

Yeah, but ‘The Blue Dress’ would demonstrate more spunk.

Curse you Mater, that’s good Scotch snorted…

A little red hen works hard making bread. The other animals on the farm are lazy and not willing to help.

A sensible woman would have kept her yap shut.

Headless Chook.

Mater
    #2746288, posted on June 24, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Yeah, but ‘The Blue Dress’ would demonstrate more spunk.

Close get a cigar?

162. areff

The Red Hen, home of the Put Some Ice on It cock tail

163. nemkat

Rubbish.
    All the Australian cattle go to feedlots, and then to slaughter. The idea that frozen beef isn’t sold in Indonesia is ridiculous.
    Indonesia isn’t a buyer of sheep or goats.
    Pakistan is though:
    In November 2012, another widely reported investigation by Animals Australia brought attention to the slaughter of 22,000 Australian sheep in an ESCAS-approved feedlot in Pakistan, after weeks at sea upon the initial consignment being rejected by Bahrain due to claimed fears of disease. The video footage of the cull, obtained by Animals Australia “shows absolute chaos with animals being dragged, beaten, having their throats sawn at with blunt knives and thrown into mass graves — some of them still alive hours later.”[32] Animals Australia’s Campaign Director, Lyn White, stated of the incident:

“ Exporters cannot deny responsibility – they put live animals on ships – knowing the scale of risks and factors outside their control. They cannot then say, ‘it’s not our fault’ when the inevitable happens and something goes terribly wrong.[32]
    Moslems in Bahrain haven’t been paid off, so they refuse to accept the sheep.
    The animal cruelty involved is devastating, and the associated corruption involved must be mind blowing.
    Time for the Government to shut it down for good.

164. Farmer Gez

Surely you guys know how this game pans out.
    Red Hen is now a victim of political pressure from the ultra right.
    Tears and victim bingo will surely follow.

165. Leo G

All Animal Farm Eatery customers are equal, but some are more equal.

166. Well, that’s it, curfew time.
    Off to bed before Management discovers I’m still up.

the Marshallese dragged a grey nurse shark out of the water – that was choking to death on Indonesian plastic waste – beat it to death with a lump of coral, then BBQ’d it on a bed of coal coke

168. min

I have been busy today so have just caught up with Outsiders podcast. I know people in their 80’s who think like Lily . I ask them the same question name one successful socialist country. The excuse is because no one has followed Marx properly. However what I see are people who have no understanding of human behaviour. Like Jordan Peterson, I have much experience observing and helping people and the socialists live in la la land thinking that cumbaya and all be nice to one another, will save the world . Well that is a similar rule promulgated by many during thousands of years including JC, the message many ignore and which all the lefties seem to forget. The other research that conflicts with the results of that poll with millennials ,is by Jean Twenge et al that found there is a rise in narcissism in that age group around the world . She had a very large sample also. So who will win the narcissists or the socialists?

169. Mater

Live goat export update

16 November 2017

The sustained increase in Australian prices over the past two years and importers seeking alternative supplies has seen a significant decline in exports of Australian slaughter goats to Malaysia over the past 12 months.

This year, importers have developed relationships with goat and sheep suppliers in Myanmar and Thailand.

They have found a ready supply of cheaper goats which typically vary in size from 30-70kg and are mixed breeds. They are well adapted to local conditions and their distribution is not constrained by ESCAS requirements.

There was a big build-up in goat numbers in Myanmar and Thai in the lead up to Korban (period of sacrifice) on 1-3 September. They were widely distributed in Malaysia and largely replaced Australian goats for the event.

Goat exports to Malaysia for the nine months to September were 7,027 head, well down from the same period last year (35,432 head) and way off the peak of 84,000 head exported in 2015.

‘The Blue Dress’ would demonstrate more spunk.

That’s the cocktail – shaken, not stirred.

171. Steve trickler

The youth of today have so much to discover. Lucky them.

172. .

egg_
    #2746306, posted on June 24, 2018 at 9:34 pm

What a wonderful story. All bases covered:

Eating locally
    Low food miles
    Paddock to plate
    Organic
    Free range
    Local produce, proven provenance
    Less developed country economic development
    Animal welfare preserved
    Judicious use of euthanasia
    Proactive, local action from thinking about a global problem
    Low carb
    Non-factory farming
    Head to tail eating
    Some plastic was also pulled out of the ocean
    A dumb animal without the sense to have a killer instinct was removed from the evolutionary crucible

173. Farmer Gez

Their throats sawn at with blunt knives

bullshit
    bullshit
    It all sounds like bullshit
    to me
    to me.

Sounds like a good name for a chain of Hilary Clinton theme restaurants

The Henpecked Red?

Well, that’s it, curfew time.
    Off to bed before Management discovers I’m still up.

All good wishes for a full recovery, Memory Vault.

176. Mater

Live goat export update

The moral of the story is:

If you continue to tell your customer what he can and can’t do with your product…he’ll shortly tell you exactly what YOU can do with it!

They already are, Mater.

In 2011, when Julia Gilliard yielded to the Green pressure over that A.B.C footage shot in Indonesia, the “customers told us what we could” to the extent that the price of sheep for the trade fell from $135 per head (very nice, thank you) to just over $50 per head. (Why bother?). The loss to me, in the first year alone, was well into six figures, and the Social Justice Warriors bleating (no pun intended) about “That’s the price you pay for animal welfare” did very little for my blood pressure.

178. Rockdoctor

Have been watching the back & forwards all afternoon. My take from 2 years of living & working South East Asia. I don’t know the ins & outs of the live export trades so will not comment on that.

However most meat in rural areas is slaughtered & sold on the day of markets. In fact despite the flies being shooed away by the merchant in the open markets I preferred it over the packaged variety from the nearest local variety of a supermarket. Main reason I knew it was fresh & the price was always much lower.

Yes supermarkets, cold stores all the infrastructure exists to a limited degree but they are primarily marketed at the ex-pat market or minority local middle class with the usual precipitous mark up on price. However I found the quality was less than reliable & the lack of use by dates meant often pot luck on edibility if the meat wasn’t selling.

Long and short IMO. The rural people prefer freshly slaughtered meat and a lot of that comes from the general hygiene we taught them up to 50 years ago as well as pure economics. I spent 4 weeks in Asia at Christmas and have noticed the chains like Big C in Thailand & Tesco Lotus expanding into areas they have previously avoided the main source of meats still comes from the open markets. We stop selling the live meat reality is they will get it from somewhere else.

Just my take anyway.

The number one issue in this country is power; Des Moore explains how turdball has fucked us all; as to why, who knows:

Energy Policy in Crisis
    In my Commentary last Thursday I suggested that both major parties’ energy policies are centred on reducing emissions of CO2 and that, inter alia, the implementation of the National Energy Guarantee (NEG) would further reduce Australia’s international competitiveness because of the further increase in electricity prices. I also drew attention to public comments by Abbott that a number of Coalition MPs may cross the floor and vote against the National Energy Guarantee (NEG) proposal by Turnbull and his soul mate Josh Frydenberg.

Such opposition may be increased by two articles published yesterday.

In an article titled “This energy hex we place on ourselves, it’s madness”, Chris Kenny argues “we are in a self-imposed energy crisis” which through various measures has dramatically increased electricity prices as a means of reducing emissions of CO2 (see attached Kenny on CChange). Kenny offers a variety of reasons as to why “there is bound to be a reckoning” if the Turnbull government proceeds with NEG.

In a Quadrant article, climate expert Alan Moran provides a not dissimilar analysis (see attached Moran on NEG) but adds that
    “It is easy to see why this economy-wrecking policy has been put into place. The original carbon tax was introduced by Julia Gillard and devised by the then-Secretary of the Climate Change Department Martin Parkinson. Malcolm Turnbull, as leader of the Opposition, supported that policy and after refusing to reconsider, was defeated on the issue by Tony Abbott. Parkinson was promoted to the Secretary of Treasury.
    On becoming Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, in line with his commitment, repealed the carbon tax. After a decent interval he also fired Martin Parkinson. On his return to The Lodge, Turnbull appointed Parkinson to head up his own department, from which position he has dictated energy and climate policy” (see attached Moran on NEG”.
    In short, views adopted by Liberals Turnbull/Frydenberg, based on advice from supposed experts on the Energy Security Board and the head of Turnbull’s department, have been the main influence on energy policy and those with a different view have scarcely been heard. This now means that Australia will have an energy policy determined by a socialist regulatory body whose main aim is to ensure the reduced emissions target is reached by 2030 and which will manipulate prices and supply to accord with what the market normally does, viz meet demand. That will not only entrench high prices but add to them as cheaper coal-fired generators are replaced by more expensive renewable and gas.

Such a policy is already dated. The Liberals in Monash Forum have now shown that a large number of coal-fired power stations are under construction or being planned in other countries; the EU body CAN Europe has acknowledged that, three years after the Paris Agreement set targets, not a single EU state is reducing their greenhouse gas emissions at a rate sufficient to meet those targets; and the USA has withdrawn from that agreement. In effect the targets have been moved many years out in time, if at all.

More generally, this is a test of the Turnbull government: is it to go ahead with a demonstrably faulty scheme or to adopt the more sensible schemes being increasingly used overseas, viz in practice move Paris and provide scope for increased coal-fired productions?

180. Rae

the Marshallese dragged a grey nurse shark out of the water

Nah. Fake news. There are no grey nurse sharks in the Marshall Islands.

181. Rae

BTW, pete m.

There are no stalkers on the Cat. Just a few people, including yourself, who falsely accuse others of stalking for their own ends. A couple of commenters were banned last year on the basis of false accusations of stalking. Not sure if you were involved, can’t be bothered looking.

And the ‘troll’ accusations are again false. Mostly made by folk, such as yourself, who are themselves doing the trolling.

Troll responds to accusation of trolling with accusation of trolling.

Indigenous-caught seafood

Where do I find the “non indigenous caught” sea food on the menu?

184. Rae

Troll responds to accusation of trolling with accusation of trolling.

You’re just not very perceptive at all. I didn’t actually respond to an accusation of trolling. But you decided to troll me anyway.

185. Josh

Poms making a mess of Panama at the WC.

5-0 at half time.

186. Leo G

Nah. Fake news. There are no grey nurse sharks in the Marshall Islands.

Grey nurse sharks are called sand tiger sharks in the Marshall Islands.

187. Rae

Grey nurse sharks are called sand tiger sharks in the Marshall Islands.

Fake news. As I said, there are no Grey Nurse Sharks in the Marshall Islands.

188. Stimpson J. Cat

As I said, there are no Grey Nurse Sharks in the Marshall Islands.

Yes there are.
    They live there in Majuro under guard by Victoria Police Armed with BB Guns you Numpty F$ckwit.

189. zyconoclast

Australia must realise: priests will never break the seal of the confessional

If the Australian state wants to make martyrs over the seal, it will find plenty of candidates

190. zyconoclast

Don’t Believe the Media — Gun Homicide Rates Dropped by 40% as Ownership Skyrocketed

“The U.S. [firearm homicide] rate was 5.56 in 1990, and had decreased to 3.97 by 2016,” Cato noted.

The sand tiger shark (Carcharias taurus), grey nurse shark, spotted ragged-tooth shark, or blue-nurse sand tiger is a species of shark that inhabits subtropical and temperate waters worldwide.

192. areff

Snoopy: Wow! The delights of Tasmanian blackfishing. The indigene lady researcher has a $270k grant to study indigenous cultural fish, and there’s this little stocking stuffer, courtesy of our PM:

Description
    Tasmanias premier cultural institution, Mona, holds a winter festival, Dark Mofo, in June each year, where the Winter Feast is a core event and in 2017 attracted 10,000 per night over seven nights (Young 2017). In 2018, a ticketed event to taste Aboriginal Tasmanian cultural foods, particularly Indigenous wild-catch seafood, will be held as part of the Winter Feast program. The event will pair Aboriginal Tasmanian peoples with locally-based chefs to offer an evening experience in food, culture and sea country connections.This is the first time that Aboriginal Tasmanian foods will be served at a major cultural event and a historic occasion of showcasing potential future outcomes of establishing a cultural food tourism industry. In working together, Dark Mofo and Aboriginal Tasmanian communities can provide the evidence-based assessments to help dismantle the legislative barriers to establishing cultural fisheries and food tourism and demonstrate an appetite for authentic provenance of Indigenous wild-catch.
    Funding
    Dept of Prime Minister & Cabinet ($5,000)
    Scheme
    Indigenous Advancement Strategy
    Administered By
    University of Tasmania
    Research Team
    Lee E
    Year
    2018

That explains who paid for all that indigenous cultural munga the hippies were eating at Dark Mofo in the ABC story. We did.

The grant, by the way, was dispensed by a fisheries oversight body on which the author just happens to sit.

193. johanna

David Eastman may or may not have shot and killed Colin Winchester, but he had a reputation as an oddball for years previously. He was the son of an Australian Ambassador and also reputedly the top recruit to the APS in his year under the elite ‘Administrative Trainee’ scheme.

I knew his sister, Janet, who became the Executive Producer of the then wildly popular 60 Minutes.

David Eastman was and is very, very bright – he won his spot in Treasury on merit and had a meteoric rise through the ranks until he developed florid schizophrenia in his 20s. A physically imposing, big, bloke, he went on to scare the daylights out of dozens of people around town when he was in paranoid mode.

He was fitted up for the Winchester murder, whether he actually did it or not. There is certainly reasonable doubt about his guilt.

His story is a very sad one, what a waste of a life. A brilliant brain, and nothing to show for it but years of incarceration with the dregs of society.

194. Mitch M.

20 years ago the Icelandic epidemiologist John Karlsson established a statistical relationship between mathematical ability and the propensity towards psychosis, it also exists in the relatives of the gifted. There is no obvious explanation for this but some suggest the high dopamine drive associated with psychosis might be involved.

195. johanna

Mitch, IMO that is bullshit. David Eastman was not just good at maths – so were all the others in his intake. He was brilliant at figuring out what the maths meant. It was noticed, he got promoted again and again.

I was in the public service at the time. He got promoted to a Class 11 (Section Head) in no time. Treasury was a small outfit in those days, usually you had to wait for someone to die to get promoted. They made a job for him, he was that good.

Now, here he is, over 70 years old, and the case is still dragging on. Why?

Because the cops at the time fitted him up. Luckily for them, the evidence is dead or destroyed.

Perhaps he did do it, but we will never know.

Did I mention Mark Knight is a bunny for the greenfilth?

197. RobK

Thanks Tom .
    Chip Bok took my fancy most. Always a good start to the day.

198. johanna

Gawd, I see that ego-driven Cats imagine that engaging with trolls somehow helps in the culture wars, or something.

Nup. It just makes them feel good, and gives them a moment in cyberspace, Woo-hoo, I am me!

Ignoring trolls is the finest form of revenge. Dr Balrick is a wise man.

199. johanna

It’s minus 4C around here.

I wish that glowbull wamening would hurry up.

200. rickw

Thanks Tom!

Did I mention Mark Knight is a bunny for the greenfilth?

Mark Knight is a bunny full stop. Insightless and reliability dead wrong.

201. johanna

BTW, I read Lizzie’s account of using LSD, and she is quite right.

I took it a few times, it was very interesting, the Dali ‘Persistence of Memory’ (dripping clocks) come to mind.

I took it with friends, in a safe context. Last time, a girlfriend and I took half a tab each and wandered down to the waterfront at Rozelle Psychiatric Hospital. We had a great time.

Earlier experiences included visual hallucinations of things like melting structures and people. Meh.

Coming down wasn’t fun, though. After you’d been up for 36 hours in a haze of visions and thoughts, no food or drink except by accident, you didn’t feel too good. Weak, shaky, hung over, tired, strung out.

It was worth it, though. 🙂

202. Stimpson J. Cat

Stimpys Fat Animal Activist Atheist Watch

Ricky Gervais
    @rickygervais
    Happy #WorldHumanistDay!
    A humanist is someone who always tries to do the right thing, even though no-one is watching.

Ricky Gervais
    @rickygervais
    I have to agree with the current administration.
    Ripping children from their parents IS like something from The Bible.
    That’s not a good thing.

Ricky Gervais
    @rickygervais
    Life is amazing and then you die. Forever. But you don’t know it. So that’s amazing too. Have a great day 😇

Ricky Gervais
    @rickygervais
    Suggesting that all immigrants are like gang members is like suggesting that all Americans are like Trump.

Ricky Gervais
    @rickygervais
    One thing that the last few years has proved beyond any doubt is that racists are worthless c$nts, and also, that deep down, even THEY know it.

Ricky Gervais
    @rickygervais
    I’m sure official White House accounts aren’t for leaving bad restaurant reviews.

Ricky Gervais
    @rickygervais
    First mothers are forcibly separated from their children and now Sarah is separated from her food for a few moments. The trauma caused in the second case is definitely worse.

203. Stimpson J. Cat

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order. Most children come without parents…

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ….Our Immigration policy, laughed at all over the world, is very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years! Immigration must be based on merit – we need people who will help to Make America Great Again!
    11:08 PM · Jun 24, 2018

When this poor fucked-up lesbian’s son finally tops himself, no-one will blame his mother for not getting him treated and actually encouraging his mental illness. And she’ll still be celebrated in Hollywood because she hates Trump:

Democratic New York gubernatorial candidate Cynthia Nixon on Friday publicly announced that her son is transgender in a post congratulating him on graduating from the University of Chicago.

“I’m so proud of my son Samuel Joseph Mozes (called Seph) who graduated college this month,” Nixon wrote. “I salute him and everyone else marking today’s #TransDayofAction.”

The post came on the same day as Trans Day of Action, an annual rally and march held in New York City. It is organized by the Audre Lorde Project, an organization for LGBTQ+ people of color.

Samuel, who was born in 1996, is Nixon’s child with former partner Danny Mozes.

Nixon is a longtime advocate for LGBTQ+ rights and a member of the LGBTQ+ community. She is married to activist Christine Marinoni.

Nixon has faced public scrutiny over her sexuality. Last month, Former Speaker of the New York City Council Christine Quinn called her an “unqualified lesbian.” She later clarified she was only referring to Nixon’s experience.

Nixon is running against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) in the Democratic primary.

205. miltonf

Hard to imagine anyone more poisonous and stoopid than Maxine Waters

Did I mention Mark Knight is a bunny for the greenfilth?

Is he daring them to go nuts?

This is the problem with trying the stop plastic getting into the oceans, you have to ban: balloons, plastic lids, sandwich bags, cling wrap, condoms, Chinese food, vege-market bags, freezer bags, plastic bottles, meat trays, shrink wrap, blister packs, plastic cutlery, plastic plates, plastic cups, most cosmetic products, most cleaning products, plastic sponges, kitchen wipes made from plastic, and a bunch of other stuff.

The current effort with the single use bags achieves nothing for the environment because it simply replaces one kind of plastic bag with another kind. It’s the lowest form of worthless tokenism.

207. Up The Workers!

Cretinous idiots of the Left try to portray the conservatives as racists, yet it was the Labor(sic) Party which introduced the “White Australia Policy” here and the Democrats were the pro-slavery Party of the Confederacy in the American Civil War, fighting against the anti-slavery forces of Abraham Lincoln, the first Republican President.

The Ku Klux Klan was to Democrat policy, much the same as what Get Up is to A.L.P./Brown Movement policy.

Surely you guys know how this game pans out.
    Red Hen is now a victim of political pressure from the ultra right.
    Tears and victim bingo will surely follow.

Sarah Sanders is literally Hitler for leaving politely when asked to do so.

209. John Comnenus

Watching The Party on Qantas. Hilarious, the hypocrisy of the Left.

210. John Comnenus

Synopsis so far is that Mrs Bill has been elevated to shadow health minister in the UK, but just as a party convenes, Bill announces he has a terminal condition. My God he went ‘private’ getting ‘special’ treatment but the Mrs Minister is a Labour Minister. Great.

211. John Comnenus

The henpecked German husband is great as holistic bullshit guru. Great line to one of the women is ‘your a first class lesbian and a second class thinker’ reply – I am an expert in gender studies in ….

212. miltonf

Milo Y seems have gone quiet. I know he’s been given the treatment in NY bar like that Republicans lady in FL.

Mike Lester for me. The Left is really getting obnoxious when a family can’t even go out for dinner.

Meanwhile…blowback:

Red Hen eateries feel the heat after Sarah Sanders booted from Virginia restaurant with same name

Michael Friedman never imagined that naming his restaurant The Red Hen would be so controversial.

But when the co-owner of another restaurant named The Red Hen – this one almost 200 miles away in Lexington, Va. – refused to serve White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders on Friday night, it was open season on any eatery with Hen in its name.

“It was a bit of an interesting day yesterday,” Friedman told Fox News. “There were so many negative comments floating in on social media and people calling up my restaurants to threaten us.”

In Swedesboro, N.J., a family-style restaurant by the same name was also lambasted by supporters of President Trump – receiving about 200 phone calls and seeing their Facebook rating plummet to 1-star. The eatery was also finally forced to go to social media to clear up the issue.

Earlier in the week, Trump’s Homeland Security secretary, Kirstjen Nielsen, cut short a working dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Washington after protesters shouted, “Shame!” until she left. A few days earlier, Trump aide Stephen Miller, a key adviser on immigration, was accosted by someone at a different Mexican restaurant in the city, who called him “a fascist,” according to the New York Post.

I’m sad for the other Red Hen owners, but maybe the insufferable lefty in the Lexington one will learn a lesson from all this.

214. Rae

Leo G

Carcharias taurus (Grey nurse sharks) are found in warm or temperate waters throughout the world’s oceans, except the eastern Pacific.

egg

Well googled. But, there are no Grey Nurse Sharks in the Marshall Islands. As I said.

215. John Constantine

Skynet now using volunteer submitted dna from genealogy websites to identify criminals by reverse engineering family trees.

Right now just cold case murders, but……

The State will be able to track anybody once it gets big enough data dumps and A.I. developed to use it.

Interesting that some people withdrew their data once it became know the State was scanning it, but others deliberately came forward to volunteer samples to see if they had a relative that could be arrested by the State as a consequence.

216. areff

Knight’s cartoon could actually be quite useful in the Alinsky sense. The bag ban removes a microgram or two of plastic from the refuse flow but does nothing about the plastic-packaged goods that go into those bags. Since the supermarkets have made such a big deal of their green virtue, they need to be held to their own standards and forced to accept the return of ALL plastics they sell, from bloody meat trays and milk bottles, as per Knight’s whale, to individually wrapped cheese slices.

Let them cope with mounds of reeking rubbish at the checkouts where the useful grey bags used to be.

All that needs to be done is fire up the usual suspects. Pity if someone doesn’t set the ball rolling.

217. Herodotus

Shark skin makes a damn fine sword handle, as many naval officers know.

218. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Mental illness onion. So many layers, so little time.

219. Herodotus

It has been covered before, but the vast majority of the plastic and rubbish that goes into the oceans comes from Asia and Africa.
    Just as nothing Australia does will alter the climate, nothing that retailers do here will alter the oceans burden of waste material.

220. areff

Precisely, Herodotus. That’s why the supermarkets need to get environmentalism good and hard.

No, but it makes them feel goooooooood.

222. Herodotus

As a childhood scrounger and comic swapper, name brand glass soft drink bottles were worth sixpence each, except for Schweppes! Beer bottles were also worthless.
    Newspapers (clean) were worth tuppence a pound at the butcher’s.