Open Forum: August 4, 2018

1,217 Responses to Open Forum: August 4, 2018

1. Stimpson J. Cat

Because you’re an attention-seeking smartarse, which works only half the time.

I think we can all agree that this is beyond dispute.

#CatallaxyConsensus

2. Elle

Just saw my comment is in moderation because I said the J word. Let me try again.

Stimpson, the denial of the systematic genocidal killing of millions of J*ws is illegal in many European countries and including Israel. Free speech when it’s free, but not where there are laws in place. You’re a staunch Libertarian. I respect that. I don’t respect your support of a Holocaust denier.

3. woolfe

Is Tanzaneer Tanzania?
    Ducks, runs, hides.

4. John Constantine

Their incoming greens labor government will not build the 6 billion dollar snowy battery.

All their turnfailure has done is hand central planning control over the water of the snowy river to Canberra vegans, making it simple for Australia to comply with united nations conventions on the rights of rivers and to save the snowy by dumping its water unused for irrigation or electricity into the ocean and blowing up the existing dams.

Rewilding.

Comrades.

5. mh

Seagal fails

Harsh. When you are up against a powerful globalist establishment that wants those relations to deteriorate, Steven is not going to make the difference.

6. notafan

Fancy dropping in to find Mr Stimpson stirring the pot.

7. Snoopy

Free speech when it’s free, but not where there are laws in place.

Uhm, ok. I’m a strong supporter of Israel but I’m sorry, anti-Holocaust denier laws are a curse and arguably where all this PC, 18c type shit started.

#imwithstimpy

8. Top Ender

Well the trebuchet base is built.

Using Merbau timber; 90 x 90mm, and 1.8 metres long. Bloody heavy stuff.

We will have the uprights finished today, and the swingarm in place. Need to brace the uprights more tomorrow though.

Got some inspiration from an online video and went to K-Mart and bought a 20kg dumb-bell pack. It includes two spindles onto which you can lock a combination of weights. So we can try it with a fairly light weight and see what happens when we increase it.

Initial projectiles will just be some tennis balls, but hope to graduate up to 2kg of water in milk cartons. Apparently they explode on impact which should be fun.

Here is a video which was inspirational. Skip to 45 minutes to see the machine firing.

9. Stimpson J. Cat

I don’t respect your support of a Holocaust denier.

So I’m a Holocaust Denier Supporter but not a Nazi?
    Thank f$ck.
    I was worried for a second there.

Hi Nota. All well with you?

11. Stimpson J. Cat

Fancy dropping in to find Mr Stimpson stirring the pot.

In all seriousness this what happens when I forget to take my meds.
    I just become an unbearable w$nker.
    More so than usual.
    I know, I know.
    😁

12. Snoopy

BTW, I don’t deny the Holocaust, but J*ws were not the only people targetted for elimination though you could be forgiven for believing they were.

13. mh

Snoopy, why did you feel the need to tell us that you were a strong supporter of Israel?

14. max

Non Christians please scroll.

We know the Church must sometimes suffer in her journey. These periods can lead to purification, as when decadence preceded the rise of the Dominican and Franciscan movements in the 13thcentury and the “Counter-Reformation” in the 16thcentury.

Yet not all storms are followed by renewal. The Church in North Africa vanished after the Arab invasion of the 7thcentury and subsequent conversion of the population to Islam. The Catholic Church was almost completely destroyed in England and Scandinavia after the Reformation, often with the cooperation of bishops and clergy.

The outcome of the Church’s current crisis, decades and centuries in the making, cannot be foreseen. That the Gates of Hell will not prevail doesn’t guarantee the survival of the Church in any particular society or with a sizable membership.

The present failings and weakening of the Church as an institution in Western societies is difficult for us to bear. We love the Lord, His Gospel, His Church, and the ways our peoples and cultures have benefited from them. Watching as some of our loved ones, neighbors, and religious leaders distort or abandon the life given us by Jesus causes a profound pain that, rightly, produces grief – and anger.

Faced with this storm, we want to believe that prayer and coordinated efforts can guarantee a favorable outcome. But that isn’t true. God doesn’t grant us the ability to remove every evil and preserve every good. The experience of that limitation can lead to a frustration that warps grief into despair, and anger into rage. We must guard against those bitter outcomes.

Something of a reality check.

15. Snoopy

Because it’s true and scroll up.

Is Tanzaneer Tanzania?
    Ducks, runs, hides.

Yes, Woolfe.

Misspelling a proper noun according to its correct phonetic pronunciation is not a thought crime. It’s etymological democracy.

Tanzania sounds nothing like the way it is spelt. Tanzaneer sounds much more buccaneerish, which perfectly suits Lizzie and Da Hairy Irish Ape.

17. Cassie of Sydney

“Stimpson J. Cat
    #2781434, posted on August 5, 2018 at 5:23 pm
    Cmon, give us a hint.

Why is this all about me now?
    I’m not a Nazi grandmother and I don’t want to go to jail.
    I believe you should be able to dispute historical events no matter what they are.
    Enough bullying ladies geez.
    I’m sensitive.”

Hmmm, so you’re selectively sensitive. However you’re insensitive about historical facts and the deaths of millions to post a link about an unapologetic Nazi grandmother who sprouts Holocaust denial. Is that your idea of humour Stimpy? If so, it’s adolescent.

And now you’re crying victim. Pathetic.

18. Elle

Snoopy, when you say “I’m a strong supporter of Israel … but …” the ‘but’ shits on your comment. No buts about the Holocaust and/or Israel. Laws are in place, whether you like it or not.

I hate “PC, 18c type shit” too. I hate Holocaust deniers even more.

19. mh

You have an opinion that holocaust denier laws are a curse. There is no need to mention Israel.

Because of this nonsense.

Snoopy
    #2781454, posted on August 5, 2018 at 5:42 pm

21. Cassie of Sydney

“I hate “PC, 18c type shit” too. I hate Holocaust deniers even more.”

Elle…me too.

22. Snoopy

Anti Holocaust denier laws were the precursor to hate speech laws and calls to jail climate change deniers.

But hey, let’s have free speech if it’s okay with everyone else.

Anyone is entitled to voice their silliness. Others are entitled to laugh at them. Or express disgust.

Or if really, really disgusted, throw rotten fruit.

It puts stupidity in its proper place, rather than elevating it to an opinion.

24. Snoopy

JC, what the fuck are you doing on a boltrats thread.

Enough bullying ladies geez.
    I’m sensitive.

But why even care about them. If there was one good thing the Americans did after the war that was unbelievably good is that took account of the possibility of Holocaust denial and made sure every “t” was crossed and “i” dotted in their exhaustive reporting of the mass murder. There was nothing left out and that wall is impenetrable.

26. Cassie of Sydney

“Snoopy
    #2781454, posted on August 5, 2018 at 5:42 pm
    BTW, I don’t deny the Holocaust, but J*ws were not the only people targetted for elimination though you could be forgiven for believing they were”

Snoopy, the only other people targeted by the Nazis for total systematic elimination were the Gypsies. Whilst the Slavs suffered massively, the Nazis were determined to eliminate every last Jewish and Gypsy man, woman and child.

27. Des Deskperson

‘Australia’s last genuinely funny TV comedy series, Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures, starts a new series at 7.30 tonight on Network Ten.’

Perhaps I’m being unfair ‘cos I’ve only seen the promos, and it look awful. a reprise in hayseed genre of Uncle Arthur c.1988.

The Working Dog team were cutting edge satirists in the eighties and early nineties, but somewhere around 1997 – I think between the second and third series of ‘Frontline’ – they lost the edge and became lazy and complacent. ‘Utopia’ was 15 years out of date.

And there has been no more politically correct Australian movie than ‘The Castle’.

“The dissemination of untrue and deliberately false statements of fact can not contribute to the development of public opinion and thus do not fall in the remits of protection for free speech”, the judges wrote in a statement.

Any climate change deniers in Germany?

They should be concerned.

And what can’t be said about the Muslim religion under such a ruling?

29. Snoopy

Laws are in place, whether you like it or not.

God spare me. We can’t voice an opinion against freedom robbing laws. On the Cat.

30. Cassie of Sydney

““Snoopy
    #2781454, posted on August 5, 2018 at 5:42 pm

Snoopy, the only other people targeted by the Nazis for total systematic elimination were the Gypsies. Whilst the Slavs suffered massively, the Nazis were determined to eliminate every last J*wish and Gypsy man, woman and child.

Easy to trigger, aren’t you, you Fisheries “licenseer”. Stick to the subject and don’t be triggered, you dickhead.

No one reasonable has ever denied many others killed in the nazi death factories. It’s just that by sheer numbers the overwhelming numbers were j*ws. J*ws also are well represented by writing jobs etc. There’s nothing stopping people to report on the numbers of gypsies killed for instance.

32. Snoopy

BTW, I don’t deny the Holocaust, BTW, I don’t deny the Holocaust, however J*ws were not the only people targetted for elimination though you could be forgiven for believing they were. J*ws were not the only people targetted for elimination though you could be forgiven for believing they were.

Happy now?

Bullshit.

34. Snoopy

Is that meant to kill my point?

35. Geriatric Mayfly

Met some political big wig in a pub in Arusha, big flashy ‘gold’ watch and nek chain, who pronounced it Tanzanayia.

Snoopy
    #2781477, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:01 pm

Happy now?

No, it’s still bilge with a qualifier. Why the need for the qualifier. What gives?

37. Elle

Snoopy, you compare Holocaust deniers to climate change deniers? You’re not J*wish are you.

Cassie, it seems we’re out on a limb, all by ourselves.

Shalom. Xx

38. mh

Snoopy
    #2781466, posted on August 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm

That is a case that you can argue, but support for Israel does not need to be highlighted before you argue the case.

Desky, I’m amazed Robbins and Co are still are still working away at All Aussie Adventures. His promo interview on Melbourne radio during the week was quite funny. I’ll give them another chance. I’d like to think the fascist left’s death pall over all signs of cultural vitality hasn’t yet killed comedy in this country.

40. Stimpson J. Cat

And now you’re crying victim. Pathetic.

I knew I should have left a smiley face at the end.
    I had nothing to do with the Holocaust in any way, shape, or form, and have nothing to apologize for.
    I’m sorry that millions of people died.
    I am sorry you don’t find my humor funny.
    I’m sorry I believe you should be able to question historical events.
    Was there anything else you would like me to apologize for while I am here?

41. Snoopy

Elle, I think you’ll find the self-appointed anti free speech climate change police were the first to make that link.

42. Snoopy

LOL. Hang me for tautology.

43. Cassie of Sydney

“Roger
    #2781472, posted on August 5, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Any climate change deniers in Germany?

They should be concerned.

And what can’t be said about the Muslim religion under such a ruling?”

Well Roger, that’s the issue here. It can be argued that it is easy to go after a Nazi grandmother but I am yet to see, in either Germany or France, the authorities arrest, charge and sentence a Muslim for Holocaust denial and let me tell you, Holocaust denial is the norm in most Muslim communities. An iman was arrested in Denmark a few weeks ago for preaching incitement to kill J*ws. However, what this Iman was preaching was directly from Koranic or Hadith texts. I can guarantee you that every week, in German and French mosques, Imans are preaching Holocaust denial. Will there be any arrests? I doubt it. So hate speech and Holocaust denial laws are applied selectively.

Cassie, it seems we’re out on a limb, all by ourselves.

Have a squishy 🍅. I have lots to spare.

🙂

45. DrBeauGan

Given the hard evidence for the holocaust, deniers of it are clearly loonies. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have a law banning some loonies from expressing their opinions but not others. The great thing about free speech is that you get to see who the loonies are. So I’m with Snoopy and Stimpy on this.

46. Elle

Stimpy, loves ya. Just gotta say, that having lost most of my family on my mum’s side in the Holocaust, and having heard my grandmother’s nightmares when I was a child, I have a view based on reality. The emotional stuff aside, my family have paperwork as evidence of what occurred.

I’m on this side too by a long way, however I’m also troubled by something. In the context of free speech you could argue that what Hilter was saying about J*ws was free speech. Most certainly at the beginning. At times it can be considered a very difficult line to mark where free speech crosses into incitement. When was this line crossed? Before or after he came to power, because if it’s the latter it would have been too late to nab him for incitement.

The right to free speech should also not be looked on in isolation. Other rights are co-mingled such are the right to pursue a happy life etc.

48. Cassie of Sydney

“Stimpson J. Cat
    #2781485, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:06 pm

And now you’re crying victim. Pathetic.

I knew I should have left a smiley face at the end.
    I’m sorry that millions of people died.
    I am sorry you don’t find my humor funny.
    I’m sorry I believe you should be able to question historical events.
    Was there anything else you would like me to apologize for while I am here?”

No, I don’t find anything funny about linking to a Nazi grandmother who is an unapologetic Holocaust denier. What’s was the point of that….trying to make her out to be some kind of martyr? Pathetic.

Oh and by the way, being J*wish, I know a lot about humour. Humour, along with chicken soup, is our penicillin. Even in the extermination camps, people consoled themselves with humour….it’s all they had. I’m sure Elle can vouch for me on that.

Shalom to you too Elle.

Holocaust denial is the norm in most Muslim communities.

That’s putting it mildly, Cassie (and I know I’m not saying anything new to you with that, either).

So hate speech and Holocaust denial laws are applied selectively.

That’s my concern. They won’t apply them to Muslims, but climate change “deniers”, i.e. sceptics, and critics of Islam? I’m not up to speed on how German law works, but that judgment is chilling in its possible implications for free speech.

50. Atoms for Peace

The Nazis also kept very good records, as one would expect. Holocaust deniers are deadset retards , and should be called out as such every time they mouth crap from their dribble bibs.

51. Stimpson J. Cat

I have no reason whatsoever to doubt you in any way Elle, nor would I.

52. Cassie of Sydney

Thanks Calli….and shalom to you too.

I think, for instance, this borders very close to incitement. In fact I think it is incitement and she should be prosecuted.

54. testpattern

‘Given the hard evidence for the holocaust, deniers of it are clearly loonies.’

Given the hard evidence for the genocide/s of Australian aboriginal peoples, deniers of it are clearly loonies. There I fixed it for you. A truth standard is important.

55. mh

Do many Germans want the holocaust denial laws changed? The law does not seem to be protested by Germans. Alternative For Deutschland appear to have some differing views within the party.

56. Elle

I need a drink. 🍷 See you guys later.

….. but that judgment is chilling in its possible implications for free speech.

Sure thing, but out of all countries on earth, if there ever was a place for those laws, it would have to be Germany. 🙂

58. Gary

At times it can be considered a very difficult line to mark where free speech crosses into incitement. When was this line crossed? Before or after he came to power, because if it’s the latter it would have been too late to nab him for incitement.–JC

That’s how ANTIFA thinks.

59. .

So Gary, you don’t think incitement is a crime, or should not be a crime?

What of “urging” then?

Do many Germans want the holocaust denial laws changed?

That’s majoritarianism, which is a shit awful system to have.

61. Stimpson J. Cat

Agreed.

62. Cassie of Sydney

“Stimpson J. Cat
    #2781509, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Agreed.
    Some of us Loonies could get caught up with the other Loonies and people would think we were exactly the same as those Loonies even though we were just normal Loonies.”

Stimpy, you’ve made me laugh.

63. Des Deskperson

‘Desky, I’m amazed Robbins and Co are still are still working away at All Aussie Adventures. ‘

Tom, I will check it out, thanks. I was reminded just now that a friend of mine who was a clever comic writer -and who died horribly of cancer – thought that the Coight character was brilliant, so I’m inclined to give Robbins another chance.

64. Stimpson J. Cat

‘Given the hard evidence for the holocaust, deniers of it are clearly loonies.’

Agreed Testy.
    The sooner we can prosecute Australians for Genocide Denial the better.

Gary

I’m thinking out loud there. It wasn’t a position, but just trying to figure out how it all works. I later came up with the point that the right to free speech needs to be necessarily embedded with all the rights we discuss here at times/ or the American bill of rights which are perfectly fine to me.

The real point I’m trying to make is that we’re seeing an erosion of rights, particularly in Australia such as private property rights, star chamber set ups and an erosion in all facets of our civil liberties. 18C shouldn’r be a shock to anyone.

66. Snoopy

Quite so. But that is not the same as making Holocaust denial illegal.

67. Boambee John

Our self selected so-called “elite” are happy with the immigration Ponzi. It might not increase average incomes by much, but it increases the incomes of the “elite”. On that basis, they are quite happy to reduce the living standard of the non-elite, seeing it as a worthwhile sacrifice for the enrichment of the “elite”.

Stopping the immigration Ponzi might reduce the rate of increase in nominal GDP, but as a member of the non-elite, I see them losing their opportunities for graft as a worthwhile sacrifice in exchange for slowing or stopping the decline in tbe fortunes of tbe non-elite.

68. Elle

Just saw your comment, Cassie. My grandparents got out in time. My grandmother’s sister survived a concentration camp. She spoke of the humour that, under horrendous circumstances, kept them going. And she, with the tattoo forced upon her, saw her brother and parents (my great grandparents) murdered.

69. Stimpson J. Cat

Stimpy, you’ve made me laugh.

Of course.
    You are J$wish and know a lot about humour Cassie.

😁

70. Snoopy

#2781507, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:29 pm
    So Gary, you don’t think incitement is a crime, or should not be a crime?

What of “urging” then?

Loose squirrel alert!

In regard to the Holocaust, yes.

In regard to the Holocaust, yes.

Yea 🙂

73. .

Not that kind of squirrel. More like The King v Sharkey.

74. woolfe

The Auschwitz twitter feed shows lots of photos of Gypsies and Romans (sic?) as well as J’s. Lots of children. Awful, just awful.

I imagine some were consoled by their faith.

And Victor Frankl did a lot of thinking.

76. DrBeauGan

JC, sure incitement to commit a crime should be illegal. So should slander. These are generally accepted limits on speech. No problems at all. These limits were in force in Germany in the thirties, I understand. The government was too weak to enforce them.

Ladies, the holocaust was an appalling evil. Nobody is denying this. But it is a mistake to let your emotions over-ride your brain, and feeling good about denying someone’s right to express loony opinions is not a good enough reason to do it. As Gary points out, antifa agree with you. This should give you pause to think about it instead of emoting.

Snoopy
    #2781519, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:36 pm

#2781507, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:29 pm
    So Gary, you don’t think incitement is a crime, or should not be a crime?

What of “urging” then?

Loose squirrel alert!

Is this incitement, or not , doofus?

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”

Victor Frankl, ‘Man’s Search for Meaning’, the genesis of which was his experiences in Auschwitz & Kaufering/Bergen-Belsen.

79. Death Giraffe

Elle
    #2781491, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:14 pm

This put you in a position to make a strong point about free speech.
    But you didn’t.
    This was your issue to champion free speech over.
    Now you have conceeded the principle, you cannot complain when it is extended to “hate speech”, homophobia, islamophobia, transphobia fatphobia or any other case they choose to apply it to in future.
    You did this knowing they are currently prosecuting people all around the world and pushing it as far as they can.
    You should think again.
    You might see limits to the push.
    They don’t.
    Once the principle is gone, you can’t conplain if they limit YOUR speech in future.

Doc, I think most of the ground work was done in the 20s and up to 1933. What I’m trying to figure is when it really began to cross the line into incitement. I think the attacks on J*ws began by around 1925.

81. Snoopy

Is this incitement, or not , doofus?

It is clearly incitement and illegal for good reason. What’s your point?

82. .

Once the principle is gone, you can’t complain if they limit YOUR speech in future.

‘sactly.

83. Gary

#2781507, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:29 pm
    So Gary, you don’t think incitement is a crime, or should not be a crime?
    What of “urging” then?

“shouting fire in a theater” was once the guyed but that line has been crossed and sadly I don’t we will get back to that.

JC
    #2781513, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:34 pm

Fare enough.

84. Cassie of Sydney

“Roger
    #2781525, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:40 pm

I imagine some were consoled by their faith.

And Victor Frankl did a lot of thinking.”

Yes, faith was a consolation too.

It is clearly incitement and illegal for good reason. What’s your point?

This dickhead.

Snoopy
    #2781519, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:36 pm

#2781507, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:29 pm
    So Gary, you don’t think incitement is a crime, or should not be a crime?

What of “urging” then?

Loose squirrel alert!

See if you can make it to a paragraph, or heaven forbid two, and explain why. In other words no texting.

86. Boambee John

JC at 1834

The magistrate’s detailed judgement in the Archbishop case is not publicly available, the trial of Cardinal Pell proceeds in secret.

Real star chamber stuff!

87. Geriatric Mayfly

On July 28, 2016, New York Times columnist Frank Bruni rhapsodized over Obama: “He’s been more than our president. Time and again, he’s been our national poet.”

Cannot recall a limerick, a stanza of rhyming couplets, or even a haiku. It must have all been blank verse.

The ninety year-old lady should be able to say whatever she likes about the Holocaust.
    Before the state intervened, she had an audience of about 11.
    I’m amazed there are people here who believe otherwise.
    Suddenly they’re disciples of Tim Sourpossumass.
    The idea of empowering the (left-wing) state to determine what is historically “false” and therefore prosecutable is an obvious, terrifying absurdity. Actually, an obvious Nazi absurdity.

It’s not so much anti-Holocaust denier laws, but any law that attempts to give someone their beliefs by use of the gun, rather than use of documentation and physical evidence. Personally, I’m not interested in getting into arguments about exactly how many millions died, nor who deserves to be the biggest victim. I support the memorials and historical evidence of what were effectively slave labour camps, and it’s a fair point that Nazi Germany wasn’t the only case where this happened. The British concentration camps during the Boar War are often quietly forgotten, so is Stalin’s starvation of Ukrainians. The Turkish genocide of Armenians comes in and out of fashion roughly once every decade.

History is complex, nuanced and difficult. Most groups at some stage have used violence, cunning, deception, and double crossing, some have been successful. How about we have laws that at least make it difficult for anyone to destroy history, so the evidence remains for future generations to argue about?

It’s a classic leftist trick to rewrite history. President Hoover magically became a free market guy when they wanted to blame the Great Depression on him, even after FDR campaigned by drawing attention to Hoover’s spendthrift stimulus package. The far reaching arm of the Fabians often gets downplayed, almost as if there was something that needed defending there (they frown if you ask questions about Keynes for example). They even rewrite it as it happens, with the very working class Tommy Robinson strangely becoming some kind of far-right elitist.

Real star chamber stuff!

How the hell did we get here? When were the first small dints visible.

I recall after 911, people like John Humphries, a known Australian libertarian was always making the point that we should be careful giving away our rights on the promises of protection by the government. Those proposed laws would be used against all of us eventually.

91. Boambee John

And the HRC, which did not let some of the QUT students know that they were under investigation for more that a year. Another star chamber.

92. Snoopy

Because the discussion was about Holocaust denial. My destruction of your ‘genius’ mathematical analysis of immigration demographics the other night really stung, didn’t it?

93. mh

JC
    #2781508, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:29 pm
    Do many Germans want the holocaust denial laws changed?

That’s majoritarianism, which is a shit awful system to have.

I was thinking more of their attitudes towards a black mark in their history. I think Germans can see the difference between the case highlighted by Stimpy, and other freedom of speech restrictions.

94. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Cassie, it seems we’re out on a limb, all by ourselves.

Not at all, Elle. In this robust discussion everyone is falling back to the side of the angels, and you are on that. The Cat is a Centre-Right blog, not loony about serious things. Anti-Semitism of any sort gets no purchase here. But there are various ways to look at the ‘free speech’ debate, well aired above.

And yes, everyone needs a drink sometimes. Enjoy, and return refreshed. Cassie can well hold the fort.

xx Lizzie

Boambee John
    #2781546, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:54 pm

Think about that for a second. There was some outcry coming from the Right, but out in punterland it was one huge yawn. The baby dumper and Southpaw etc weren’t summarily fired. It took a judge to turn this around. Incredible.
    What was so shocking is that they actually thought they could get away with it.

96. Stimpson J. Cat

Look can’t we talk about something boring and uncontroversial, like for example,

97. DrBeauGan

Elle, you should read Death Giraffe’s post carefully. And think. I know it’s hard, but do your best. Nobody needs your personal evidence for the horrors of the holocaust. We already know about them, and nobody is trying to make light of them. Telling us again how your family suffered isn’t adding anything to the discussion. I understand how the horrors may have warped your thinking, but try to think it through and have another look at what Death has pointed out.

98. Cassie of Sydney

“Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #2781551, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:56 pm
    Cassie, it seems we’re out on a limb, all by ourselves.

xx Lizzie”

Love ya Lizzie and miss you and Hairy. I am enjoying your travel posts too. XXX

99. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

ps it puts life in perspective to know that in some eyes you may only be worth ten cows, fifteen at the most due to your special charms, and lucky to be a Wife No. 1. Actually, I am Hairy’s second wife, but he did divorce the first one before marrying me. It’s coterminous numerology that I resist firmly re wifedom. Sequential is OK, as long as ends before me and it stops with me. 🙂

The Cat is a Centre-Right blog,

Ummm, not quite.

Australia’s leading libertarian and centre-right blog

101. Cassie of Sydney

“Stimpson J. Cat
    #2781553, posted on August 5, 2018 at 6:58 pm
    did Hitler, through Zionist supported initiatives such as the Haavara Agreement, help to facilitate the creation of Israel?”

Either go and have a drink or take some pills Stimpy.

102. Atoms for Peace

Free speech. Go for it it don’t be upset if you are called a deadset retard to your face if you are arguing from feelings or rethoric.

103. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I disagree. It helps us to understand each other more, which is always of value.

But then, I am quite big on personalismo on da blog. Imagine Stimpy without it. Or Arky Giraffe without his Model A dashboard. Or Calli without her clean-up skip. Or even me without Da Hairy Ape. It just wouldn’t be the same around here*.

*cue sighs of impatience from some, but not all*

104. rickw

Lets not forget the second amendment, the back stop of the damned whole lot.

Brownshirts getting drilled in the 1930’s while trying to kick people’s doors in would have thinned the numbers down to truly committed lunatics.

I think the Nazi’s themselves clearly recognised this. Hence their focus on convoluted and complex weapons laws aimed at disarmament of all.

Naturally the Australia has latched onto pretty much every key element of Nazi weapon laws.

105. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Sorry, JC. Je suis libertarian. Natch. Mostly. One of the joys of this blog.
    I just forgot for a moment. 🙂

106. DrBeauGan

If you are arguing for something really dumb from feelings or rhetoric then you are a deadset retard and it is a kindness to point it out to you so you can stop being one.

Tooze documents the policy where Nazi Germany encouraged Jεwish families to emigrate to Israel with a few important conditions. The Nazis borrowed some ideas from the Communist Manifesto, and just as a reminder here’s the key points:

1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
    2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
    3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
    4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
    5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
    6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
    7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
    8. Equal liability of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
    9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
    10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.

So regarding point [4] there was a very heavy material cost imposed on emigrants leaving Nazi Germany, and some didn’t want to pay, so they stayed.

This was before the worst of WWII got underway and remember that Chamberlain put a blockade on Germany soon after the invasion of Poland so those families that failed to emigrate early, never got a second chance to do so.

108. Snoopy

An Alabama federal judge has given a mostly white town

???

109. candy

You’ve got to be able to see the loonies and hear what they say, out in broad daylight. The truth lives on, anyway. It’s in people’s minds and hearts. History can’t really be re-written. That is simply illogical. It happened and God (whatever your God is) knows it.

Does anyone know what speech laws were operating in Germany prior to the 1933 election?

111. Stimpson J. Cat

Australia’s leading libertarian and centre-right blog

Ahem.

Australia’s leading libertarian and centre-right blockchain/Malcolm Turnbull enthusiasists blog

112. candy

Hi Lizzie
    I really enjoyed reading your travel blog about the Masai peoples. I was kind of astounded to think of the male with his beaut phone and using it dexterously, yet having a wife no. 1 who does all the housework under very trying basic conditions.

In regard to the Holocaust, yes.

Mind you, if they had really dealt with their past the law wouldn’t be necessary.

Meanwhile, the German state spends millions of Euros combating “right wing extremism” among the native population (i.e. small groups of loons) while simultaneously allowing hundreds of thousands of genuinely antisemitic “migrants” in to the country out of guilt for their own past antisemitism.

Germany was ripe for the Nazis. They pressed the right buttons, fed on a simmering hatred and disenfranchisement. Those voices “against” were quickly silenced.

What are we ripe for? The gradual decay of what our society once valued, plundering and high taxation and a political class that’s almost indistinguishable from each other. Who will the victims be?

History doesn’t repeat exactly, but it does have similar cycles.

115. Makka

I think the attacks on J*ws began by around 1925.

Attacks on J*ws began decades before that all across Europe. Smaller scale, isolated, Govts turning a blind eye.

Hitler and the Nazis turned antisem1tism into legalised industrial scale extermination by the State. I think that was the massive difference. State sanctioned, “legalised” extermination on a scale unknown before except perhaps by the Bolsheviks during and after their Revolution. Turning J*ws into something sub-human by propaganda assuaged the conscience of the perps and their followers. Epic brainwashing I’d say.

However, yes their are free speech limits and denying the holocaust is one. BUT, these denial laws must be applied equally which is just another reason why Islam needs to be fkg outlowed. Waters was and is inciting violence against conservatives and the Administration no doubt. In her case it’s better she gets more attention. What better way to show America what nutjobs the Dems and the left are?

Snoopy
    #2781566, posted on August 5, 2018 at 7:14 pm
    An Alabama federal judge has given a mostly white town

???

Google search: rest of story

117. Death Giraffe

What are we ripe for?

Another excellent Model A video.

118. .

The best use of the blockchain so far I think is the XYO token. It might make conveyancing, insurance and transport industries more efficient and reduce fraudulent transactions.

It might remove the “need” for a Torrens title registry.

119. Cassie of Sydney

JC
    #2781568, posted on August 5, 2018 at 7:15 pm

Yes JC, the “Weimar Republic had several laws against insulting religious communities and these laws were used to prosecute hundreds of Nazis including Joseph Goebbels. Didn’t stop the Nazis or Goebbels did it? In fact it can be argued, given what ensued, that it helped them”

120. None

Germany had hate speech laws during the rise of Hitler and they didn’t stop him for one second.

121. Cassie of Sydney

“JC
    #2781568, posted on August 5, 2018 at 7:15 pm

Yes JC, the “Weimar Republic had several stringent laws against insulting religious communities and these laws were used to prosecute hundreds of Nazis. Didn’t stop the Nazis did it? In fact it can be argued, given what ensued, that it helped them”

122. DrBeauGan

Death Giraffe
    #2781575, posted on August 5, 2018 at 7:22 pm
    What are we ripe for?

Another excellent Model A video.

You’re a great man, Death. Keep it up.

And, not coincidentally I think, the modernist assault on the Christian faith had been spearheaded in Germany and had hollowed out belief. The same people who rejected Jesus accepted Hitler as the ersatz messiah and his 1000 Year reign (shades of ecstatic millenialism, going back to Joachim of Fiore in the middle ages). “When people stop believing in God…”

Another excellent Model A video.

You’re excused for today, it being the Day of Rest and all.

125. None

Provided they don’t incite violence Holocaust deniers should be free to say whatever nonsense they want and we should be free to laugh at them. I’d rather no who the idiots are and have the freedom to tell them they’re idiots then some f****** public servants policing our thoughts and speech.

thanks Cassie

Are there any links available.

You’re a great man, Death. Keep it up.

Yes, they’re very therapeutic.

What to do as civilisation collapses round about? Restore a Model A…that’s hope!

You’re a great man, Death. Keep it up.

That’s properly pronounced “Death” just so you know (rhymes with teeth).

Voltaire had some good ideas about gardening.

Probably better not to take up watercolours, given the present discussion.

130. Death Giraffe

Take it easy.
    I’m not good with compliments.
    But I do have a great video idea coming out this week.
    Can’t say too much, except it isn’t Ford related, and you will be blown away.

131. Marcus

Australia’s last genuinely funny TV comedy series, Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures, starts a new series at 7.30 tonight on Network Ten. Series writing credits: Santo Cilauro, Tom Gleisner, Rob Sitch and Glenn Robbins (who plays Russell Coight) – the elite talent of Australian comedy-writing in the past 20 years. Somehow, Glenn Robbins has avoided bowing to the humour-killing dead hand of totalitarianism (political correctness), while taking the piss out of outback folklore. Runs just 30 minutes. Worth tuning in for a look.

A bit of Russell Coight is exactly what Australian TV needs right now. We had great comedy in the 90’s and early 00’s. Now, we just have a bunch of wannabe-John Stewarts trying to make themselves and their audiences feel smarter by throwing out the C-word because it’s “edgy.”

Give me original characters, double entendres and a bit of slapstick any day.

And he was right.
    Look at the whirlwind we’ve reaped. ASIO wants to lock up Chinamen on Facebook who back particular candidates (or something) and America since 9/11 has become a full-blown police state whose gauleiters now try to rig presidential elections.

133. DrBeauGan

Death gave up something that was making him unhappy and started doing something that makes him happy, which shows good sense. I expect nothing less of a mathematician. ☺️

Intro to Coight’s new series …

“Australia. A land as old as time; perhaps older.”

I laughed aloud.

135. mh

None
    #2781585, posted on August 5, 2018 at 7:31 pm

When you say “we”, I hope you do realise that there are many who can never find humour in the genocide of millions.

136. Death Giraffe

Can’t begin to describe the improvement.
    I sleep through the whole night.
    I feel bloody fantastic.

137. DrBeauGan

You are seriously confused. Laughing at holocaust deniers is very different from laughing at the holocaust.

Santo Cilauro, Tom Gleisner, Rob Sitch

At their height, D-Gen were utterly hilarious:

139. mh

So who was laughing at German holocaust denier Ursula Haverbeck?

The Australian state believes “Stolen Generation” denial should also be prosecutable.
    That’s why the Liberals tried to jail Andrew Bolt and Bill Leak.
    Same deal.

141. Marcus

Intro to Coight’s new series …

“Australia. A land as old as time; perhaps older.”

I laughed aloud.

From a recent interview Robbins gave as Coight:

“My father was a very wise man. I’ll never forget his last words – ‘Are you sure that’s not loaded?'”

142. Snoopy

So who was laughing at German holocaust denier Ursula Haverbeck?

She wrote some articles published in an obscure far right magazine. At the time no one with any sense knew or cared. Thanks to her prosecution millions have now heard of the offensive things she claimed.

I think that’s referred to as an own goal.

143. DrBeauGan

So who was laughing at German holocaust denier Ursula Haverbeck?

Everyone on the Çat. And if the German government had too, as CL pointed out, there’d have been about eleven people in the world who didn’t.

144. mh

Snoopy, there is no point in highlighting my words then making an unrelated argument.

145. mh

Everyone at the Cat was laughing at Ursula Haverbeck?

I was disgusted. Enough to lob a 🍅 at her. But Germany’s a bit far.

147. DrBeauGan

mh
    #2781610, posted on August 5, 2018 at 8:07 pm
    Everyone at the Cat was laughing at Ursula Haverbeck?

Everyone who doesn’t get orgasmic from expressing moral indignation.

Clive Hamilton regularly equates Holocaust deniers with Climate Change deniers.

Hamilton is a creep.

In other news I spoke harshly about Segal Earlier. Let me retract. I have just watched Under Siege 2. What a great movie. And what a great body of work. Even Segal’s unwatchable movies are magnificent.

149. BorisG

Even Segal’s unwatchable movies are magnificent.

What does this mean?

150. Snoopy

If i had managed to read an English translation of her articles before her prosecution I would have thought her a complete prat. If I was in a position to hear her say such things I would have laughed to her face.

None of those things happened. The first I heard of the matter was her prosecution. My reaction was one of bemusement at the stupidity of it all coupled with a shake of my head.

151. DrBeauGan

calli
    #2781611, posted on August 5, 2018 at 8:10 pm
    I was disgusted. Enough to lob a 🍅 at her. But Germany’s a bit far.

She’s a loony. Throwing things at loonies is wrong. You might miss and hit a non-loony.

He means the cake scene.

153. Stimpson J. Cat

I don’t like Mel Brooks either.

What does this mean?

WTF do you think it means. Have you even watched a Segal movie, FFS.

155. mh

Cohenite, I posted a Seagal interview on hear a few months back. You would have enjoyed it, I’ll see if I can find it.

156. BorisG

And he was right.

so better let terrorists roam our streets?

157. .

Hard to Kill, Boris.

He’s the worst actor in it and it has aged of course, but still a good flick.

mh

#2781623, posted on August 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm

A lot of people don’t know that Segal broke that Scottish pansy Sean Connery’s wrist.

159. Death Giraffe

Spain’s new center-left government says removing the embalmed body of Gen. Francisco Franco from a glorifying mausoleum will be the first among many symbolic moves aimed at coming to terms with the country’s troubled history.

Would not even make my top five of embalmed dictators to move out of mausoleums.

160. mh

This is the clip:

Steven Seagal Calls NFL Protests ‘Disgusting’ | Good Morning Britain

The second half Seagal is talking about America Russia relations.

161. Steve trickler

Creepy. 1979.

NORAD detects a massive Soviet missile launch. 6:20

Some Holocaust humour: my favourite:

My wife and I had dinner with the late actor Walter Matthau and his wife Carol. He was funny and very dry. He explained how on the way to visit Auschwitz, now a museum memorial, he and Carol had a tremendous fight, to the point that when they got to the concentration camp they decided to take separate tours.

Two hours later, they rejoined. “Walter,” exclaimed Carol, “you really ruined Auschwitz for me!”

Franco saved Spain from communist animals.
    Simple as that.
    When the current leftist government talks about “coming to terms with the country’s troubled history” they of course mean lying about its history – with themselves as the good guys.

Steven Seagal Calls NFL Protests ‘Disgusting’ | Good Morning Britain

Segal is a conservative; he didn’t like Bush.

165. Elle

I don’t know how to respond to your comment, DrBeauGan.

Sorry for sharing my crap. Maybe I’m too emotionally invested.

Thought I was a right winger.

Maybe I’m a sad sorry lefty … and I didn’t know it.

Segal is a conservative; he didn’t like Bush.

He’s also bigtime weird, who drank and bathed only in Fiji water because he believed it had hidden life preserving properties. If you’re are a young woman, it’s concerning to go near him unaccompanied.

167. Cassie of Sydney

“C.L.
    #2781633, posted on August 5, 2018 at 8:35 pm
    Franco saved Spain from communist animals.
    Simple as that.”

Yep, just like Pinochet saved Chile from communist animals.

168. Stimpson J. Cat

Keep Quadrant and the Spectator.
    Let’s not go overboard Elle.

I’d give the Telegraph and kissing Bolt’s feet a yuge miss.

170. mh

I have just watched Under Siege 2. What a great movie.

Was that the one on the train?

171. Stimpson J. Cat

Steven Seagal

Is a very unsavoury fellow on many levels.

If you’re are a young woman, it’s concerning to go near him unaccompanied.

Alright so don’t. And unaccompanied by what?

173. jupes

Coming in late to the discussion:

I’m on the side of those who believe that Holocaust denial should NOT be a crime.

Idiots and fuckwits should have a right to express themselves.

174. feelthebern

Question for Cats.
    Should David Irving be allowed in Oz?
    My view is the more the guy speaks, the more you realise there are a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock, hence no issues if he comes.
    Thoughts?

175. Stimpson J. Cat

Idiots and fuckwits should have a right to express themselves.

Also Loonies.

176. feelthebern

Under Siege 2 was on fox this evening.
    So bad it’s good.

Was that the one on the train?

Yep. Very tight movie, second only to Commando, although Arnie doesn’t rate. And despite the admonishments, Katherine Heigl went close to Segal and didn’t seem to suffer.

178. feelthebern

Heigl was in Under Siege?
    I didn’t know.

179. Whalehunt Fun

Facebook’s new dating app allows users to choose from five different genders

That would be male, female, sheep, goats and camels? Lotsa FB users in new zealand, greece and the mid east.

180. feelthebern

Commando & Predator were Arnies best.

Just been watching the SBS doco.

Mary Beard: Julius Caesar Revealed

Highly recommended, and I’ve read his stuff several times, plus Livy and Gibbon. The sling bullets with (very) rude words on them were a highlight.

Link is to the SBS on-demand location which should have it free if you don’t mind signing up to them.

182. Infidel Tiger

Franco saved Spain from communist animals.
    Simple as that.

Franco and Pinochet are both great men and heroes of freedom. I admire them tremendously.

Only filthy libertarians and commies support revolutions.

183. DrBeauGan

Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)
    #2781634, posted on August 5, 2018 at 8:36 pm
    male+female + 3 flavours of mental illness
    Facebook’s new dating app allows users to choose from five different genders

This is a good idea. It allows people who don’t want to wind up dating a sicko pervert to avoid them

If Stalin controlled Spain, Hitler would have won.

185. Infidel Tiger

Commando & Predator were Arnies best.

Total Recall and Running Man also great movies.

Arnie of course is a soft cock xunt and a deviant.

186. Whalehunt Fun

few kangaroos loose in the top paddock, hence no issues if he comes.

Bring him. Bait to attract a concentration of Intafa who can be gassed and beaten while unconscious, without all the bother of tracking them down. Its like staking out rotting meat to attract scavengers you want to shoot.

187. mh

The plot for Commando was very thin. Any other actor in that movie and it would have been a stinker.

188. Death Giraffe

I would take that coverage of Seagal with a grain of salt though.
    If he is conservative or not Hollywood typically progressive, they are probably lying their arses off about him.

189. Infidel Tiger

ed on August 5, 2018 at 8:46 pm
    Question for Cats.
    Should David Irving be allowed in Oz?

Of course. Irving is a moderate compared to every Muslim on earth, the ALP and Greens.

Irving doesn’t deny the Holocaust, only the exaggerations.

190. feelthebern

Seagal is not a conservative.
    He’s a total fruit loop.
    He made a good movie years again called “The Glimmer Man”.
    Actually had a decent plot.

191. jupes

Total Recall and Running Man also great movies.

I watched the updated Total Recall this morning (without Arnie).

Utter crap.

192. jupes

True. However with Arnie it is one of the best B-grade movies of all time.

Only filthy libertarians and commies support revolutions.

Artie,

Both of these men gained power through revolutions, you dingbat.

By the way, Pinochet ended up with US$100 million estate.

Don’t do that Elle. My kooka would be unhappy. Unhappier. She is pretty grumpy already.
    Except the Bolta feet bit. That you can stop doing.

195. Bruce in WA

With apologies to “Network”:

“We’re mad as hell and we’re not going to take it anymore!”

196. DrBeauGan

Sorry for sharing my crap. Maybe I’m too emotionally invested.

Thought I was a right winger.

Maybe I’m a sad sorry lefty … and I didn’t know it.

You can, of course, post whatever you like. What I object to is the argument that because your family suffered from the holocaust, denying it happened should be a crime. It simply doesn’t follow, and it has bad consequences. See Death Giraffe’s post.

If my comment stops you kissing Andrew Bolt’s feet, it wasn’t all bad. 😁

197. Eyrie

jupes,what can you expect from a Philip K. Dick story?

198. feelthebern

I liked the new Total Recall.
    Kate Beckinsale gets my blood pumping.

199. notafan

Yep say what you like and provided it’s not slander let the only consequence be condemnation not court.

We have absolutely no control over how when and why people might choose to be offended and offense should not penalized by law.

I like to call it acting like a adult.

Commando & Predator were Arnies best.

Apparently Commando held the record for the number of on screen deaths for a while. By that I mean not movies where millions die in a bomb or earthquake but were personally killed.

As for Segal being a sleaze, yeah, that’s true.

201. feelthebern

Ray Lewis is being inducted into the NFL hall of fame.
    Who said killing a man would hold back his career.

202. mh

I think I recall John Safron locking David Irving in a room and pretending to feed in gas through a pipe.

203. notafan

Also telling people who offend you to naff off in fifty different ways should be sufficient.

204. feelthebern

I think the original Total Recall held the record for movie body count for a while.
    Nowadays, who knows.

205. feelthebern

Guess what, everyone in Hollywood is a sleaze.
    Goes with the territory,

206. Mater

True. However with Arnie it is one of the best B-grade movies of all time.

‘Predator’ ranks reasonably high in that list.

Commando was a comedy.

208. feelthebern

Is Louis CK still in the sin bin?
    All he did was jerk off into a pot plant.
    No-one got hurt.

209. Stimpson J. Cat

By the way, Pinochet ended up with US$100 million estate.

This is actually incredibly honest for a South American leader.
    STFU JC.
    😁

210. Infidel Tiger

Artie,

Both of these men gained power through revolutions, you dingbat.

By the way, Pinochet ended up with US$100 million estate.

Like most clueless open borders globalists you have no idea about history. You are bereft of cultural mores. Sad.

This is why Maggie had to berate you.

Pinochet should have died with a multi billion dollar fortune. He is the greatest man of the 20th century and inspiration to all who are righteous.

211. Atoms for Peace

I’m thinking of retrospectively changing all historical medical clinical patient temperature records and not telling you why. Discuss.

212. Atoms for Peace

IT..stop going for low hanging fruit. Putin is worth billions

JC
    #2781667, posted on August 5, 2018 at 9:00 pm

By the way, Pinochet ended up with US$100 million estate.

Hawke, Keating, Rudd and wife didn’t do too badly either.

214. mh

So where is your avatar?

215. Stimpson J. Cat

That reminds me.
    The new My Health Record?
    If one was created for your kids you cannot get it deleted, only archived.
    And when I say archived, I mean archived until 30 years after your child’s death.

216. jupes

Kate Beckinsale gets my blood pumping.

Was she the wife or the girlfriend?

I know I’m getting old and crotchety, but what shits me about modern movies is that females have action roles. Utter horseshit.

217. Mater

Actually ‘End of Days’ was ok, too.

218. DrBeauGan

Elle, when I was a child I saw film of the liberation of Belsen by the Americans. I can still see the shuffling human skeletons greeting their liberators, and the death pits full of bodies. I don’t need to be told that the holocaust was real and utterly vile. I saw it for myself, courtesy of the seppos. I can understand the emotions you feel at the horrors, I share them. But I don’t permit that to determine my views on the importance of freedom.

219. feelthebern

Joe Rogan talks Tom Cruise.
    Funny shit.

220. mh

DrBeauGan, Belsen was liberated by the British.

221. Snoopy

Watching a doco on the new Maserati SUV factory line on Discovery Turbo. Elon Musk should have watched it.

222. Cassie of Sydney

“Elle
    #2781637, posted on August 5, 2018 at 8:39 pm

I don’t know how to respond to your comment, DrBeauGan.

Sorry for sharing my crap. Maybe I’m too emotionally invested.

Thought I was a right winger.

Maybe I’m a sad sorry lefty … and I didn’t know it.

Will stop subscribing to the IPA, the Spectator, Quadrant, the Telegraph and will cease kissing Andrew Bolt’s feet.”

Dearest Elle, I am with you all the way…except for Bolt’s feet. Bolt has been annoying me lately especially when he defended Fatty Hanson-Young.

223. .

Stimpy

FFS. Why would you look up “Rebel Wilson tight clad pleather pants”?

Don’t do that, Stimson. That’s ugly stuff.

225. DrBeauGan

mh
    #2781698, posted on August 5, 2018 at 9:22 pm
    DrBeauGan, Belsen was liberated by the British.

The film I saw I associated with Americans, but they might have been Canadians. Who were also involved according to Wikipedia.

226. johanna

Here is one of the most uplifting shows ever. You know those painful shows where the band tries to get the audience to participate? Here is one where the audience takes over the show. Tom Pettty and the Heartbreakers. and wow, guitarist Mike Campbell, just wow.

227. Elle

You saw a film? Wow!

You aren’t a Jew. Don’t pretend to understand what my family suffered.

You are not a friend of Israel.

Free speech? If you were an advocate, you would not encourage anti-Semitism.

228. Oh come on

That’s pretty funny but also risky. Sounds like a solid case of deprivation of liberty to me. Was Safran arrested?

229. johanna

A comment about a rock band is in moderation.

I think I’ve been shadow-banned.

230. Elle

You saw a film? Wow!

You aren’t a J*w. Don’t pretend to understand what my family suffered.

You are not a friend of Israel.

Free speech? If you were an advocate, you would not encourage anti-Semitism.

231. John Constantine

How do you value the lifestyle redfilth gillard leads?.

What would be the net present value of the lump sum required to fund the globe trotting, the access to the wealthiest scum the world has ever seen, the rockstars, the filmstars, giving away tens of millions, indoctrinating vast herds of helpless children into your cult…..

A hundred million dollars wouldn’t buy it.

232. Oh come on

Pinochet and Franco were counter-revolutionaries – even their enemies described them thusly.

DrBeauGan, Belsen was liberated by the British.

I did have the privilege of working with one of the veterans, who liberated that hellhole. He had a “sickie” every April 16th, to recover from a monumental hangover.

234. Elle

Should have been in quotations.

235. Confused Old Misfit

Americans liberated Dachau and 3 others. Canadians/Brits did Belsen and the Russians, Auschwitz.

236. Death Giraffe

you would not encourage anti-Semitism.

He hasn’t.
    In fact he is attempting to communicate his repugnance for it while upholding the important principle of free speech.

237. mh

It was not really a situation where Irving was in danger. I think it was a studio where Safran interviewed him, then Safran made an excuse to leave the room, locked the door then enacted his practical joke.

238. DrBeauGan

You aren’t a Jew. Don’t pretend to understand what my family suffered.

You are not a friend of Israel.

Free speech? If you were an advocate, you would not encourage anti-Semitism.

Yes, and I’m a man so I’m not allowed to be rude to women. Even when they write hysterical tosh like yours.

See Death Giraffe’s latest comment.

239. Armadillo

Death [Shudder],

Time to change your handle. It’s a meerkat. Very disturbing.