New York

This entry was posted in Libertarians don't live by argument alone. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to New York

1. Dr Fred Lenin says:

New York ,grants asylum to the clintons and discredited Austrslian failed politicians soros and the u.n.criminal communist fascist globalists ,and assorted illegal immigrants . Tell me this are rudd giliard and turnbull illegals in sanctuary city? If not looks like New York accepts all sorts of rubbish to live there .

2. calli says:

Great clip, Sinc. I blows youse a kiss from the mighty state of Texas! 💋

3. Sinclair Davidson says:

Thanks Calli.

It’s a very quick visit to the US.

4. stackja says:

New York, New York (On the Town)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    “New York, New York” is a song from the 1944 musical On the Town and the 1949 MGM musical film of the same name. The music was written by Leonard Bernstein and the lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green. A well known line of this song is, “New York, New York, a helluva town. The Bronx is up but the Battery’s down.” For the film version, the word “helluva” was changed to “wonderful” to appease the Production Code offices.[citation needed] In 2004 the film version finished at #41 in AFI’s 100 Years…100 Songs survey of top tunes in American cinema.

It is not to be confused with the “Theme from New York, New York”, originally performed by Liza Minnelli and later popularized by Frank Sinatra.

Video

5. Mak Siccar says:

Enjoy Prof Sinc, but I’ll see your New York and raise you a Sri Lanka and the Maldives (flying out this arvo for 14 days).

6. Tom says:

Wonderful timing, Your Doomlordship. On Tuesday night, you’ll be able to witness first hand the fallout from the 24/7 wrongology of the news media and their sample-stacked polling. Stay away from public places where mobs gather.

7. calli says:

Meh. Party in Times Square. I ferkin derya.

I’ll be in the French Quarter of N’orlins. I think a Bloody Mary is on the drinks menu.

8. Sinclair Davidson says:

Tom – looking forward to it.

9. md says:

Bing’s home page background image today (changes daily) is of the NY marathon, taken from atop the Staten Island bridge.

10. Tom says:

Doomlord, for the time you’re in the States, I recommend you follow Bill Mitchell on Twitter. He’s one of the grassroots drivers of the Trump Train, but he’s also a very astute analyst of sample-stacking in the MSM’s opinion polling. And — as in 2016 — he has no doubt about what is about to happen:

Republicans keep the House and grow their majority in the Senate.

100% guaranteed.

11. Leigh Lowe says:

So, you’re on the Gold Coast then?

12. Helen says:

New York. Aint what she used to be according to Taki in his Spectator High Life column. He reckons its rooted. https://www.spectator.com.au/2018/11/a-love-letter-to-brooklyn-heights/

I still cant paste a comment in to the link box using brave.

13. P says:

Even though brief, enjoy!

Today on the Open Forum @ 1:40pm Steve Trickler put up a video which near the end tells of
    the naming of New York City, here.

14. Percy Popinjay says:

New York New York

So awesome it had to be named twice. The definitive City on this Planet.

Haven’t been there since 1996, but have lots of wonderful shots of the WTC on film.

The best way to appreciate Manhattan’s magnificence is to hop on a good ol’ Greyhound in Noo Joisey, the destination being the 42nd Street Port Authority Bus Toiminal.

I tells ya.

15. JC says:

You almost made me homesick, Sinc. I say almost because of the hassles I’m going through there at the moment. 🙂 I’d forgotten.

16. Pedro the Ignorant says:

I detest that song.

Every wannabe big noter in the world uses it as their “theme song”.

Kill it with fire.

17. faceache says:

Gee, thanks Sinc, took me two hours to get back to the Cat after watching lots of Abba, Sinatra Larry King interview, stuff on Dean Martin and Sammy and all sorts of other diversions. Time for bed, later than I intended.Bloody sucker for tube sometimes.

18. Nob says:

Sinc, I enjoy learning about Economics from you and others here, and would buy you a beer/wine/sweet sherry.

Just not in a karaoke joint.

19. Fred says:

New York New York

So awesome it had to be named twice. The definitive City on this Planet.
    New York City, New York State