Wednesday Forum: January 16, 2019

1,860 Responses to Wednesday Forum: January 16, 2019

school

Must prof red moor

2. Geriatric Mayfly

Morrow has read the riot act on the Australia Day ceremonies. Yet I see nothing about ‘the handshake.’

3. Zatara

Which one of the 31 didn’t, Zatara?

George W. Bush. He was a fighter pilot in the Air National Guard but wasn’t activated for Vietnam.

4. feelthebern

How much did George Washington see?

5. Zatara

George Washington served in the Colonial Militia for the British in the French and Indian War. And of course he led the US Army in their revolution.

6. Slayer of Memes

A driver in Kentucky was in for a rude awakening after they seemingly tried to run over a snowman — only to hit the tree stump underneath.

Cody Lutz built the snowman over the weekend with family in Petersburg. He told Fox affiliate WXIX-TV he, his fiancée, and soon-to-be sister-in-law were playing in the snow when they decided to construct the large “Frosty.”

“We were playing in the snow, she’s from Mississippi so this is the most snow she’s ever seen in her entire life. I’m from Buffalo so this is no big deal,” Lutz said. “I love the snow!”

The trio used a tree stump as the base for Frosty, and covered the exposed bark with snow.

When Lutz returned home from work on Monday, he spotted tire tracks stretching throughout his yard to the base of the snowman

“Instant karma!” Lutz told the news station, adding that someone apparently tried to run over the 9-foot-tall snowman before hitting the tree.

He said the situation was “hilarious,” and added that “what goes around comes around, in good ways and bad ways. So, I guess everyone learns a valuable lesson here from Frosty.”

7. Top Ender

Here in New Orleans, Bourbon Street is a dump, full of winos, weirdos, and wastrels.

Down in the French Quarter there is still a square with a statue of President Andrew Jackson in it though.

No-one demonstrating in front of it – yet – for its demolition, as he was a Southerner, white, and male, even though he was an officer of the War of 1812 (the one they don’t talk about) and not the Evil Civil War.

8. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Lizzie,
    Received the latest in the series of Cornwall”s for Christmas.
    For shield walls to be effective offensively they need a potrubence, normally v shaped.
    The Romans used a zig zag one against the Picts in England ( not called that then) and slaughtered them in multiples of thousands.
    Please note I have a,splendid cardiologist in Bondi Junction if you need one for hairy.
    Get my email if you want the details.

Thanks Hay Stockard (can I just call you Hay – or Haymaker?). Glad others are also making their way at a fast clip through Cornwell’s work on Uhtred. I can’t put them down. Getting n’owt else done. Must look out the recent Quadrant where Joe Dolce writes about Cornwell’s oeuvre and read it again, especially re Cornwell’s claim to himself be an Uhtred from Bamburgh. Hairy and I went to Bamburgh Castle some years ago now also visiting nearby Lindesfarne and then Durham cathedral and the bones of old Cuthbert, now interred there. I was drawn in to Cornwell’s novels simply by the TV series. I note that these books were first published in around 2004-6 are now all in a 2016 paperback reprint. The TV series must have driven quite a few to seek out the original novels.

You’d agree with me then vs Top Ender that the Shield Walls were certainly used offensively not just defensively. Not just as a simple Testudo either, but a variety of shapes, which I feel the Romans must also have used. Penetrating the enemy’s Shield Wall was the name of the game according to Cornwell, who dramatizes exactly how the shield boss and a short stabbing sword or dagger were used to force entry and kill from under the protecting shields. I’d be interested in Top Ender’s view on these techniques of advance.

Thanks for the offer of a recommended cardiologist. Hairy is happy with his guy, who came highly recommended, although I find him lacking a little in charm, which Hairy notices not. Thus, deciding myself to have a stress test with ultrasound after my doc reviews my family history and blood pressure, I went to another cardiologist. Passed with flying colours, and was also given a small dose of stubbled young male charm (you did very well, I really pushed you there you know), so I am happy too. On the whole, I think Australian cardiologists are very well trained They know their stuff and their line of business does school them to be forthright, so no complaints there at all really.

9. feelthebern

he led the US Army in their revolution

I read something a long time ago about how Washington was a general in name only.
    I’ll go through my kindle tonight.

10. Stimpson J. Cat

I feel like we need another Gas attack.
    Has anybody got Assad’s mobile?
    Monty, can you call Uncle George please.

That was my experience a couple of months ago. Such a disappointment.

Get out of NO and see some plantations and the swamp. Lots of fun.

12. feelthebern

If it wasn’t for Andrew Jackson, they would have lost New Orleans.

13. feelthebern

Fan boat in the Louisiana swamp.
    That’s on the bucket list.

14. Stimpson J. Cat

looks more an I talian background to me.

Of course.
    Italians ARE black.
    Everyone knows this.

15. feelthebern

Of course.
    Italians ARE black.
    Everyone knows this.

Are you referring to Dennis Hopper in True Romance?

Co-incidentally, I’m reading this at the moment.

A ripping yarn.

17. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

The French Quarter is pretty enough to compensate though for the collected wildlife, TE. If you go down to a wharf area can you let me know if any shop still has a hand-written sign saying ‘Gator on a Stick’? 🙂

18. feelthebern

Unflattering portrait of Andrew Jackson.
    I prefer ones where he resembles the cover of a Mills & Boon novel.

Othello was a captain in the Venetian army.

True story.

20. Zatara

Top Ender

If you are continuing East on the Gulf Coast and are not museumed out yet I can recommend the USS Alabama battleship park in Mobile and the incredible National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola.

Oops! I demoted Othello.

Murder doesn’t pay.

22. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Calli, most of my girlfriends wouldn’t read that Battle of N’orlins book, nor the Cornwell ones, unless set for a uni course, and even then reluctantly. Doubt too if Cornwell would ever make the uni cut.
    Must be something about Kittehs that these are our chosen reads. 🙂

23. Fat Tony

feelthebern
    #2909881, posted on January 17, 2019 at 3:00 pm
    If it wasn’t for Andrew Jackson, they would have lost New Orleans.

Possibly – but the Battle of New Orleans was fought after the War of 1812 had officially finished.
    News travelled slowly in those days.

24. Stimpson J. Cat

Are you referring to Dennis Hopper in True Romance?

Of course.
    Christopher Walken is the proof.
    Have you seen him dance?
    Black.

In other Bard stuff, what’s in a name, I wonder.

It’s a mystery.

26. feelthebern

Thanks FT.
    This is why I love the Cat.
    Amongst the circular firing squads, one does learn a lot.

Love it, love it, love it.

28. feelthebern

JC, get back in here & refute Stimp’s comment.

29. It’s a mystery.

Nope. He’s gotta be a methodist.

30. Stimpson J. Cat

Look there is no shame in it.
    Also, The Irish aren’t White.

31. Slayer of Memes

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2909884, posted on January 17, 2019 at 3:02 pm

Of course.
    Italians ARE black.
    Everyone knows this.

Fact check: True.
    Italians are frequently described as having ‘swarthy’ complexions…

swarthy
    adjective
    swar·​thy | \ ˈswȯr-t͟hē,
    swarthier; swarthiest

Definition of swarthy
    : of a dark color, complexion, or cast

32. Shy Ted

Ooh! Gillette gave me a “Your unique reference number is 08086869” when I gave them some feedback.

33. Cactus

Top Ender
    Probably don’t have to tell you to see the WW2 Museum in NOLA.
    Also if you have time – check out the New Orleans School of Cooking – learn how to make their food – my favourite thing.

34. Stimpson J. Cat

Senator Rand Paul
    @RandPaul
    I have never been prouder of President Donald Trump. In today’s meeting, he stood up for a strong America and steadfastly opposed foreign wars. Putting America First means declaring victory in Afghanistan and Syria. President Trump is delivering on his promises.
    7:00 AM · Jan 17, 2019

35. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I prefer ones where he resembles the cover of a Mills & Boon novel.

I am deeply in love with Uhtred in the TV series, wot a hunk of protective spunk. Destiny is all.
    Oh yes, be mine tonight and be still my beating heart. 😀

The TV series works so well because of the strength of the two opposing characterisations: Uhtred the Heathen Warrior buffeted by the fates, and Alfred the Christian Worrier imposing his iron-fist of redemption, both fighting for their place in history’s scribbles and song. As an entirely fictional character, Uhtred loses out to history, but represents in flesh the Heroic Age, an Homeric hero properly sung while awaiting the twilight of his gods, the Ragnorak, the essential final chaos. A chaos from which Christianity promised relief, and an ordering of things differently. With literacy.

36. Stimpson J. Cat

Just letting everyone know I have just got my Cert IV in Toxic Masculinity Coping Strategies so if any of you guys (OR girls – respect women) need to talk my hotline is always open.

37. Biota

Shouldn’t the indigenous, pretend and actual, celebrate Australia Day out of sheer gratitude that it wasn’t the French or Portuguese or some other that ‘invaded’ their land?

38. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

btw, that is not one of my typos. Warrior vs Worrier it is, as Cornwell depicts it.

Bern

The stimsonator is right. I often get confused with Jamie Foxx.

40. Slayer of Memes

I remember when Gillette’s marketing phrase was, “The best a man can get!”

Now it’s apparently been changed to “Get f**ked men!”

Not that I care anyway… I’ve always been a Remington man.. Close as a blade, or your money back.

C.L.
    #2909789, posted on January 17, 2019 at 1:06 pm

Lionel’s legacy?

42. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Indeed. A ban on baguettes and Mateus Rose for the day is the way forward.
    And no Spanish Omelettes either. Crafty buggers, those Spaniards, mapping Sydney Harbour.

A dude’s girlfriend ….I used to work with… spending time down there at a work function was brutally raped at gun point. That shithole isn’t safe.

They caught the fucker and he got 25 years.

44. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Oh good. Well done, Stimps. Let’s have a party. I’ll bring the lemonade. 🙂

45. Stimpson J. Cat

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    @AOC
    Perks of being in the Democratic Caucus: I will be teaching a Twitter class tomorrow morning open to all members 👩🏽‍🏫🐣

46. I have just got my Cert IV in Toxic Masculinity

Well I washed my Toxic Masculinity and still no ones interested!

47. Candy:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg unable to attend February speaking event in NYC, organizers say

That woman is one step closer to God. Metastases in the lungs I think? no-one lives long with that, days or weeks.

One of the things I read when RedBlueGreen came back was the tell “No further surgery is required.” Sounds to me like even the surgeons have given up.

48. Dr. Stimpy. Should I paint my Toxic Masculinity?
    Would that help?

49. John Constantine

The Wahhabi owned death barge transporting the live sheep employed the world’s cheapest Wahhabi peasants to look after the sheep.

Peasants prepared to turn the air supply off to the sheep and suffocate them for money.

Australian godless commo activists obtained the peasants footage, and the saboteurs occupying their billion dollar ABC leapt upon it.

Their ABC obtains snuff videos from the mentally ill, who bought the film from the torturers.

In Australia, we have Many, Many Lies.

Comrades.

I remember when Gillette’s marketing phrase was, “The best a man can get!”

Wot, like this?

51. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Well I washed my Toxic Masculinity and still no ones interested!

Try clipping it.

No point beating around the bush.

52. Stimpson J. Cat

Hillary Clinton
    Hillary Clinton
    @HillaryClinton
    If the government shutdown lasts beyond tomorrow, domestic violence shelters that rely on federal funding will be forced to begin shutting their doors and closing down hotlines. In so many ways, lives are on the line.

53. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Try the neighbours. It worked for my mum and us kids.

54. old bloke

Biota
    #2909919, posted on January 17, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Governor Phillip sent a party from Sydney Cove to Botany Bay to see how the French (La Perouse) were progressing. They reported back that the French had built a stockade and were spending their time shooting the Aboriginals. I’m sure that the Botany Bay natives were glad to see the last of La Perouse.

Menindee Lakes
    From Wikipedia

The Menindee Lakes is a chain of shallow ephemeral freshwater lakes connected to the Darling River to form a storage system. The lakes lie in the far west region of New South Wales, Australia, near the town of Menindee.

The Menindee Lakes Water Storage Scheme supplies water to Broken Hill, the lower Darling and to water users along the Murray River in New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia under the Murray-Darling Basin Agreement. Seven of the lakes have been incorporated in an artificially regulated overflow system providing both for flood mitigation and as storage for domestic use, livestock and irrigation downstream. The lakes are also important for waterbirds.

Menindee Lakes
    From Wikipedia

n 1949, work began on building dams, weirs, levees, canals and regulators to catch and retain floodwaters. Major works were completed in 1960 and final completion was in 1968. There were electrical upgrades in 2007. The scheme was built by the New South Wales Water Conservation and Irrigation Commission, to manage river flows, town water supplies and other domestic requirements, irrigated agriculture, industry, and flood mitigation. It has become increasingly important for regulating environmental flows.[

Natasha Darcy denied bail over alleged murder of farmer husband
    Lucy Hughes Jones, The Daily Telegraph
    39 minutes ago

Five years before a widow allegedly murdered Walcha farmer Mathew Dunbar she set fire to an ex-husband’s house while he slept inside, a court has heard today.

Natasha Beth Darcy is accused of blending up animal sedatives in a Nutribullet before gassing the much loved grazier to death at his sheep property in the state’s northern tablelands in 2017 to cash in on his multimillion-dollar estate,

The tearful mother-of-three, who claims her depressed husband committed suicide was denied bail at the Supreme Court on Thursday when she appeared via video link from Mary Wade jail in Lidcombe.

58. Slayer of Memes

Democrats: More strict background checks are needed to prevent criminals getting guns…. reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also Democrats: Not allowing an illegal undocumented alien to get a gun because they can’t pass a background check is racist…… reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sydney weather: Extreme heat continues with worse to come
    AAP, The Daily Telegraph
    an hour ago

The conditions are so extreme the bitumen on the Oxley Highway near Wauchope, just west of Port Macquarie, began melting about midday.

Walcha Council is using water from a nearby river to cool the pavement.

“Roads and Maritime Services acknowledge water is a scarce resource at this time, however it is required to ensure the safety of motorists and keep the road open,” a spokeswoman said in a statement.

60. Biota

Today I was vacuuming some stuff off the kitchen floor and my wife admired my manly work. I said I was just exercising my toxic masculinity to which she said why toxic? She had never heard of such a thing bless her, and she does keep up the the general news. There’s probably a majority of the population that wouldn’t have a clue and don’t give a rats about these fashionable memes.

McLachlan’s defamation trial delayed
    Jodie Stephens, Australian Associated Press
    7 minutes ago

Craig McLachlan has successfully delayed his defamation action against two media outlets and a former co-star while the actor fights assault and indecency charges in Victoria.

62. Latest news from Truck Backing Up With Loud Beeping Noise land

President Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, said Wednesday that he “never said there was no collusion” between the Trump campaign and Russia.

“I never said there was no collusion between the campaign. Or between people in the campaign,” Giuliani said on CNN’s “Cuomo Prime Time,” after host Chris Cuomo said it was false to suggest there was no collusion between Trump’s presidential campaign and the Kremlin.

Giuliani added that he has only said Trump, rather than his campaign, did not collude with the Russians.

“There is not a single bit of evidence the president of the United States committed the only crime you could commit here, conspiring with the Russians to hack the [Democratic National Committee],” Giuliani said.

“The president did not collude with the Russians,” he added.

Giuliani added that if “the collusion happened, it happened a long time ago.”

“It’s not provable because it never happened. … I’m telling you there’s no chance it happened,” he added.

Next step is “okay so the President colluded personally, but that’s not technically illegal if you squint, plus it was for the good of the country.”

63. Try clipping it.

No way!
    It cost a fortune to get it enlarged!

64. feelthebern

monty, get over it.
    Trumpy didn’t invite you to his burger feast with many…many fries.

65. bespoke

Change: Glenn Reynolds tells Reason to pull your head in.

66. Snoopy

Trump was the Uranium One mastermind. The truth is gonna blow.

67. Tekweni

Like Lizzie I enjoy Cornwell’s books and the TV series. That includes all his books whether Sharpe, American Civil War and the archery series. In looking for other authors of a similar genre I came across Simon Scarrow. Like Cornwell he brings history to life. Worth reading.

68. feelthebern

monty fully supports this ad.

69. Slayer of Memes

Fans escorted from Melbourne Park for fighting over tossed sweatband

Now this is embarrassing.

Two fans at the Australian Open were caught on camera in one of the most trivial spats you’ll ever see.

The women were catching the action between No. 11 seed Aryna Sabalenka and Britain’s Katie Boulter, when Sabalenka tossed her sweatband into the crowd after beating Boulter.

Little did she know the fuss she had caused as the both ladies tried to wrestle the sweaty ban off each other for about a minute, before security arrived and had to break them up.

Making the matter even more humiliating for both women, security confiscated the headband and escorted each of them from the venue.

AAP photographer Hamish Blair captured the stand-off and told The Age that the incident went on for closer to five minutes.

“I heard the woman on the right say something along the lines of ‘I could stay here all day’,” Mr Blair said.
    “Everyone in the crowd was laughing, it was hilarious.

“The timestamps on my photos show it went for about five minutes.”

Maybe they both identified as male, so this is just more ‘toxic masculinity’ on display….

The Buccaneer (1938 film) – Wikipedia
    The Buccaneer is a 1938 American adventure film made by Paramount Pictures and based on Jean Lafitte and the Battle of New Orleans during the War of 1812.

71. feelthebern

Oh my buccaneers !

How horrible that we kids on hot days used to play with the tar like plasticine.
    That was in the midst of the global cooling crisis.

73. Confused Old Misfit

Tekweni
    #2909958, posted on January 17, 2019 at 4:07 pm
    Thanks for the Simon Scarrow recommendation.
    I had not heard of him.
    Looks worth a read for those of us who enjoy that sort of thing.

74. feelthebern

Breaking news:
    SHY sues Big Razor.

75. The A.D.

Replying to charges of white privilege or male privilege with whinges about suicide rates or lifespans etc is a stupid strategy.
    This is how you should respond:
    ‘You need to check your white male privilege”.
    “What? I’m privileged”?
    “Yes”.
    “Yay! I’m a winner! You don’t have as much privilege as me?”
    “No, historically my gender and race has been oppressed, you cannot understand my lived experience”.
    “Know what that makes you”?
    “What”?
    “The loser. You are a loser. You lose. Loser”.

This next election as much as any and probably more than any is going to be about alarmism, renewables and the UN running the show; the alarmists act as though the science is settled and therefore the chatter about renewables is justified even if they don’t work; but 6 years ago Jo Nova looked at the science then and it destroyed any pretence that alarmism had a scientific basis; the msm of course does not do the work and the talking points in Jo’s summary do not get currency but they are worth using in any debate with the alarmists and particularly with the msm and pollies:

Observations show major flaws
    1.The missing heat is not in the ocean 8 – 14
    2.Satellites show a warmer Earth is releasing extra energy to space 15 -17
    3.The models get core assumptions wrong – the hot spot is missing 22 – 26, 28 – 31
    4.Clouds cool the planet as it warms 38 – 56
    5.The models are wrong on a local, regional, or continental scale. 63- 64
    6.Eight different methods suggest a climate sensitivity of 0.4°C 66
    7.Has CO2 warmed the planet at all in the last 50 years? It’s harder to tell than you think. 70
    8.Even if we assume it’s warmed since 1979, and assume that it was all CO2, if so, feedbacks are zero — disaster averted. 71
    9.It was as warm or warmer 1000 years ago. Models can’t explain that. It wasn’t CO2. The models can’t predict past episodes of warming, so why would they predict future ones?

Since then the science has got even worse for alarmism.

77. bespoke

Case didn’t get the memo titled Asian’s are the new white.

Latest news from Truck Backing Up With Loud Beeping Noise land…

M0nty releases the Squirrel!
    Why does M0nty release the Squirrel?
    Aha, here is why M0nty lets the poor overused beastie loose:

Oh boy, it’s on paper from Ohr. The whole top echelon of the FBI were crookedly helping Crooked. They’re all going to get a long holiday in bright orange jumpsuits!

Auditor-General finds $443m Great Barrier Reef Foundation passed tests

Every test except the crucial one that the GBR was being destroyed by alarmism which was a major fail.

80. steve of kenmore

WW2 Museum in NOLA.

Great realistic battle experiences directed by Tom Hanks.

Also check out the Confederate Memorial Museum.

81. Infidel Tiger

I know Elon Musk is a ponzi huckster, but if he can drill through the Blue Mountains for a $1bn, we have to do it.

82. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

That was in the midst of the global cooling crisis.

You beat me to it, Bruce. So did we. Can’t remember the cooling crisis but.
    Summers in Sydney’s west were always hot as hell with tar roads melting.
    Amazing that these days that is considered newsworthy because evil CO2.

83. feelthebern

His battery is going gangbusters in SA.

His battery is going gangbusters in SA.

It is?

85. Stimpson J. Cat

He’s South African.
    But all of the Apartheid and Slavery and Annoying Accents are forgiven if he can be the first to put a Black man on Mars to found
    Mars: Wakanda.
    He’d be a Hero.

86. Stimpson J. Cat

No JC not you.

87. Leo G

By the time the paper gets to the courts, the redacted parts will be irretrievably lost. The various leaky bits will be mutually contradicting, and the witnesses will all suffer strategic memory loss.

88. feelthebern

It turns draws power when prices are low.
    It sells into the gird when prices are high.
    Data is not conclusive yet, nor do they publish comprehensive data.
    I’ve seen research saying it’s making $2mill/month.
    It also has reduced volatility in energy prices.
    AGL & Origin hate it as they make their super profits when there are huge fluctuations.
    It’s not meant to power homes.
    It never was.
    It’s there to take advantage of Australia’s ridiculous energy grid/policy/industry.

89. Peter

Govt dept in Canberra being asked to load shed by turning of unecessary loads – just now

90. Confused Old Misfit

They’re all going to get a long holiday in bright orange jumpsuits!

It seems to me that they’ll only get that “long holiday” if the DOJ or someone will prosecute.
    There doen’t seem to much political will to do that.
    I would love to be proved wrong.

91. feelthebern

Musk knows what to say to useful idiots.
    Useful idiots then line his pockets with money.

92. Dossier Shocker: Top DOJ Official Sounded Alarm, Warned Of Clinton Connection And Possible Bias

Do try to keep up Bruce. None of that stuff matters if what is in the Steele dossier is true. So far, none of it has been disproved, and more and more of it is proven every week. There were over 100 contacts by Russians with the Trump campaign/transition.

The bureaucratic minutiae of the opening of the investigation counts for precisely nought if the investigation finds crimes.

93. Keithy

None of that stuff matters if what is in the Steele dossier is true.

monty brings the laughs today.

94. feelthebern

Stimpy, does monty know you’re posting intimate pics of his arse?

95. bespoke

If Musk is huckster then so is Brunel.

96. monty brings the laughs today.

A bit of respect please for our Alamo veteran.

The interconnectors to NSW from Qld and Vic are going flat chat, wholesale price is $300/MW (more than my retail price) and AEMO has declared:

Actual Lack Of Reserve Level 1 (LOR1) in the NSW region – 17/01/2019

An Actual LOR1 condition has been declared under clause 4.8.4(b) of the National Electricity Rules for the NSW region from 1530 hrs.
    The Actual LOR1 condition is forecast to exist until 1700 hrs.
    The contingency forecast capacity reserve requirement is 1320 MW.
    The minimum capacity reserve available is 1148 MW.

So we’re one power station failure away from brownouts.
    Welcome to the third world.

Observations show major flaws

1.The missing heat is not in the ocean 8 – 14

How do we know, when it is impossible with our current level of technology to measure either the earth’s surface and most certainly the oceans to the wiggles that help?

2.Satellites show a warmer Earth is releasing extra energy to space 15 -17

Sat measurements are crap. They are essentially worthless.

The models are crap, also worthless, so why use them. You cannot, on the one hand agree the models are useless while on the other argue about a missing hotspot.

4.Clouds cool the planet as it warms 38 – 56

We don’t know. More C02 in the atmosphere is supposed to work with water vapor and create those clouds which actually warm the earth. However, there isn’t enough knowledge to know to what extent. Even the height of the clouds have an impact.

5.The models are wrong on a local, regional, or continental scale. 63- 64

Wrong and worthless, so why use them for evidence of a hotspot. It’s contradictory and a stupid argument.

6.Eight different methods suggest a climate sensitivity of 0.4°C 66

List them and list those that show the opposite. Why is one group right and the other isn’t.

It very difficult because we don’t have enough information and it could also be tainted with these adjustments. See Tony Heller, who says the adjustments are potentially fraudulent. We are not able to measure the exact temp of the earth because we don’t have the technical ability.

How can you assume this? Also how can you present this an argument without even the most basic evidence?

Leave the models alone as we don’t care. They are worse than useless. Where’s the evidence that offers confidence within say 3 Deg C the earth was warmer. Numbers and supporting evidence.

There’s your homework, Cronkite.

Get back to me when the assignment is complete.

99. feelthebern

I just saw that Pizza Hut has turfed Pepsi & done a deal with Coke.
    A pizza hut pizza is not artisan enough as far as I am concerned, but it will be good for pizza hut sales.

100. JC fails Grade 4 arithmetic.

Back to school please.

101. Mother Lode

GiletsJaunes – the vest a man can get.

102. Infidel Tiger

I see JC has finally come out of the closet as a Warmen.

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #2909983, posted on January 17, 2019 at 4:37 pm

You beat me to it, Bruce. So did we. Can’t remember the cooling crisis but.
    Summers in Sydney’s west were always hot as hell with tar roads melting.

remember stilettos sinking/sticking in tar?

104. Keithy

The damage being inflicted on the yellow vests

Via google translate :

Here we draw a non exhaustive account of the serious injuries caused since November 17, 2018 during the yellow and high school vests demonstrations. We only recorded injuries that resulted in bone fractures, total or partial loss of limbs, or inlay of pomegranate chips in the flesh. We call on all concerned to clarify and rectify our article in case of error or forgetfulness. In addition, we invite any injured person to contact us to organize together on the legal consequences, the fight against the weapons and the meeting between the wounded persons. Our contact: [email protected] / 07.58.67.20.60

Clarification: we first identify serious injuries, but we also add to our list of people who contacted us and who specifically asked to appear in the census, regardless of the severity of their injury and after verifying the seriousness of the injury. information obviously.

Pretty reasonable translation, but I think pomegranate chips might be better described as grenade fragments.

PS – photos are confronting.

105. Confused Old Misfit

Rambler and Tiger,
    Please, repect!
    JC is a Master of The Universe”!
    And may even wear 2 inch wide Red Suspenders!

106. Natural Instinct

If one wants to listen to open slather BBC bias and anti-Trump bile then try out:
    Hard Talk – Mica Mosbacher.
    It is astonishing the lack of fair play. Every little trick and snide aside is tried in framing questions.
    And we all know that our little ABC follows the BBC..hence the interviews broadcast at 5am this morning setting the agenda for the day

107. Stimpson J. Cat

Stimpy, does monty know you’re posting intimate pics of his arse?

I was actually toying with the idea of filming my next major waxing but I am concerned too many of The Catallaxy Women may Swoon.
    Swoon Related Accidents can be very dangerous apparently.
    Sorry guys.

108. bespoke

Nothing about Gaza, Stimps. Suss!

109. Speedbox

Hell yes. He reckons the cost will be around $15m per kilometre. If he can do it for $15m a kilometre, the underground mine I used to work at (not to mention plenty of others) would love to have a conversation with him! In fact, most Australian cities would look to create entire networks of underground road systems.

But, I think he may have ‘slightly’ under-estimated the cost per kilometre./sarc

Get back to me when the assignment is complete.

What a morass of crap, every one of those links was to a published paper.

You really are a talking turd. As IT notes above:

I see JC has finally come out of the closet as a Warmen.

That, and a sympathiser of islam, supporter of renewables and open borders, defines you as a leftie troll. Go to lunch with your fat mate.

Big News On the Trump Administration’s Israeli-Palestinian Peace Plan.

That’s not as good for the Palis as Olmert’s plan that Mahood Abbas walked out on ten years ago.
    Meanwhile Mr Abbas is celebrating an anniversary…

Abbas Celebrates 14th Anniversary of His Four-Year Term (9 Jan)

Maybe he needs to have a head-in-a-jar op like RBG.

112. Speedbox

I just saw that Pizza Hut has turfed Pepsi & done a deal with Coke.

Pizza Hut used to be owned by PepsiCo but that changed (I think) 2-3 years ago.

113. Stimpson J. Cat

Nothing about Gaza, Stimps. Suss!

I know but let’s all try and stay positive and hope for the best.
    I don’t care what he tries but he has to try something.
    Art of the Deal.
    This sh$t has gone on way too long.

I just saw that Pizza Hut has turfed Pepsi & done a deal with Coke.
    Pizza Hut used to be owned by PepsiCo but that changed (I think) 2-3 years ago.

Yeah, Pepsi owned Pizza Hut from sometime way back in the 1970’s, I think, so that has gotta hurt.
    You wonder why they didn’t lock in some sort of exclusive supply agreement when they offloaded Pizza Hut to Yum Brands.

115. bespoke

Mark A wore stilettos!!

116. bespoke

I know but let’s all try and stay positive and hope for the best.
    I don’t care what he tries but he has to try something.
    Art of the Deal.
    This sh$t has gone on way too long.

Agree

117. Speedbox

Back in the mid 70’s when I was a Uni student, I worked part time at a Pizza Hut restaurant making pizzas. Frenetic pace (particularly on a Sunday night) and very good experience in ‘process’.

118. EvilElvis

I remember when Gillette’s marketing phrase was, “The best a man can get!”

With all this Gillette brewhaha going on I feel I’m finally safe to out myself as a proud owner and user of an electric series 9 Merkel.

Sorry! Braun that should have read…

119. Shy Ted

Almost time to turn on The (Summer) Drum. Don’t forget to tune in and learn from your betters.

120. P

I can remember Jan ’60 when I was still working in the Bank cnr Martin Pl and George St Sydney, when the CBD experienced 4 consecutive days of temps above 100F.
    I do well remember by the third day we had to walk on the balls of our feet for fear of ruining our heels.
    The footpaths those days in Martin Place Sydney were all tarred.

bespoke
    #2910036, posted on January 17, 2019 at 5:40 pm

Mark A wore stilettos!!

I didn’t, (couldn’t find one in size 44) but my mother and sister did, well, not strictly ‘stilettos’ just high heels.

122. Confused Old Misfit

I know but let’s all try and stay positive and hope for the best.
    I don’t care what he tries but he has to try something.
    Art of the Deal.
    This sh$t has gone on way too long.

Part of the “Art” is walking away.
    The Pallies have that technique nailed.

123. Myrddin Seren

Mr Infidel Tiger at 9:29

Wow!

Indeed – scrolling through the first tranches of Tweets about the absorption of the big companies by the SJW Borg is unnerving ( as eventually they will SJW errant customers. )

Then went down to Jan 15th and

The European Man does some good digging on the agency that produced this ad. Some usual suspects at work.

Guess who the ‘usual suspects’ are ?

Sad – could have been an interesting if ultimately disturbing account.

124. P

Jan ’60 the Sydney CBD experienced temps exceeding 100F for four consecutive days.
    The footpaths in Martin Pl were tarred and we had to walk on the [email protected] of our feet for fear of ruining our heels.

It’s not crap. You’re putting up stuff without any supporting evidence then expect us to go chasing it. No fucking wonder you ended up at a 3rd law school, doing regional land transfers and loikely not very good at it.

I gave you explanations why some of those things you assert are wrong. I also requested additional evidence for those I queried.

Don’t do it, fine, but then don’t expect people to hold you to any credibility whatsoever. You fraudulent dickweed.

I’m not in the least sympathetic to the gerbilers, however the one thing I do hold to is that I refuse to be bullshitted to by anyone – especially you. Don’t go looking for a lifesaving floatie from Artie. I’l handle him.

You’re a fraud.

Artie. Read Tony Heller for a really good summation of the anti-gerbiling side. Don’t ever listen to Cronkite as he’s a fucking bullshitter. He has no idea. He picks up anything from the web then pretends he understands it and passes himself and an expert. I know little about climate science, but I know more than this idiot. Don’t trust him about anything and if he gives you money for some reason, check it’s not fake. He’s a fraud.

126. thefrollickingmole

You rub a vibrating rotating Merkel across your face….?

Sad – could have been an interesting if ultimately disturbing account.

“European Man” AKA Richard Cranium.

128. Boambee John

From Bruce of N’s link at 1641

Perkins Coie eventually admitted to paying Fusion GPS, disguising the payments as legal bills when it was in fact opposition research.

m0nty

Was this one of the “campaign finance violations” you often accuse Trump of?

JC fails Grade 4 arithmetic.

Back to school please.

How so?

Confused Old Misfit
    #2910025, posted on January 17, 2019 at 5:27 pm

Rambler and Tiger,
    Please, repect!
    JC is a Master of The Universe”!
    And may even wear 2 inch wide Red Suspenders!

Sometimes I really do feel like that, Misfit. Sometimes not. I’ve never worn suspenders. Only American fatties wear them.

131. Boambee John

Was there a Miranda warning given? No entrapment? So much about US law has passed you by.

132. EvilElvis

You rub a vibrating rotating Merkel across your face….?

It self lubricates and despite what I do to it I can’t get rid of it…

There’s a Rodney Dangerfield line there somewhere…

“My wife’s always saying to shave, you’re so hairy. I’m so hairy I have to shave my Merkin once a week as well!”…

133. thefrollickingmole

Because if you want that then removing Trump on information supplied by a Democrat funded shit sheet is a sure fire way to get there.

So Hilary is President then?

135. feelthebern

The only people I’ve seen wear suspenders are the morbidly obese.
    Which leaves the question, what colour are yours, monty?

136. feelthebern

So Hilary is President then?

Pant suits are now compulsory.

137. Diogenes

I quite like the ‘Crowner John’ books by Bernard Knight about a fictional Crowner ie Coroner in the reign of Richard I, especially as it describes the reasons that Richard introduced the office (ie mainly to stop Sheriffs from creaming off the crown’s income from fines.

Artie

There’s are two people you should only read about the other side of Gerbiling. Three actually.

Judith Curry
    Tony Heller
    Richard Lindzen.

Lindzen is the smartest climate scientist of all the thousands. He’s that good.
    You hear the rate of the heat climb is unprecedented in the past 100 years or so. Lindzen used the gerbilers own data and clearly showed that isn’t true. These are the ways to kill the arguments.

Compare

Cronkite has been posting some babble over the past couple of days saying he’s latched on to one of the dudes in the Big Short.. Doc Ed Berry (?)* who has shown there is no connection in something I forget and that’s supposed to prove the warmers are wrong. The Gerbilers are wrong, but this autistic fuck doesn’t have the silver bullet unless the cronk presents the overwhelming evidence.

Rule in Gerbling. Never ever listen to Cronkite about a thing on this subject.

* The Doc really is autistic. Huge autist.

139. feelthebern

Dastyari & Lambie will get it on during their stay in the jungle.
    If not Sam, Dermot will step up to the plate.

140. thefrollickingmole

John “taxhoover” Quiggin unleashes his manly vulva and prepares for the inevitable collapse of Australia after 2 terms of a Shorten government…. or something.

Socialist utopia 2050: what could life in Australia be like after the failure of capitalism?

Stimpy should sue, hes giving madmen a bad name…

I thought it might be worth trying to imagine life in Australia in 2050, a few decades into a socialist resurgence, though well before the emergence of society that could truly be described as socialist. In the utopian vein, I’m going to look at a future where everything has gone as well as could reasonably be hoped. However, I’m going to make every effort to be realistic in terms of the economic constraints involved, and not to invoke radical and unlikely changes in human nature.

’ll start with a typical 30-year old, born just a couple of years in our future. I’ll call him/her Ali, and leave other details unspecified for now. Like most young people in the 2030s and 2040s, Ali completed high school and went on to further education, all of which had been made free as one of the earliest measures of the socialist government elected in 2025.

Ali’s partner, Sam, was one of the exceptions, finding school a bore and not having the aptitude for a skilled trade training. Instead of free education, Sam received a grant of $100,000 at age 20, to be used in starting up a small business, in Sam’s case, a coffee shop. (A society without coffee shops would be a pretty poor excuse for utopia.)

Ali works at a community-run credit union. The resurgence of credit unions followed the downfall of the global banking sector that dominated late-20th century financial capitalism. After the Second Global Financial Crisis of 2021, and the long depression that followed it, no government anywhere was willing to risk giving financiers another chance to destroy the economy. Investment banks and hedge funds were shut down. Financial transactions taxes, of a kind first proposed by 20th century economist James Tobin, made short-term financial trading of all kinds unprofitable. Commercial banking is once again dull and safe, as it was in the 1950s, a refuge for unadventurous souls with a knack for figures. Tight regulation and the dominant role of publicly owned institutions have seen to that. Meanwhile, community banks and credit unions like the one where Ali works handle the finance of most families and small businesses.

Like most workplaces, Ali’s credit union is open for the standard four-day, 30-hour week. With Monday as a regular day off, Ronald Conway’s sardonic description of Australia as “the land of the long weekend” is now a reality. With eight weeks’ annual leave and additional public holidays, Ali works around 1,200 hours a year, about average for full-time workers.

The shift to a four-and-a-half day week beginning in 2033 was, amazingly in retrospect, the first reduction in standard working hours in 50 years, resuming a trend that had cut annual working hours in half between the mid 19th and late 20th centuries. (The trend was reversed by the massive work intensification of the 1990s, referred to at the time by John Howard as a barbecue stopper. It still stops the occasional barbecue when elderly bores start telling young people they don’t know how easy they have it.)

Despite predictions of ruin from the business sector, the reduction in output was quite small, and after a few years, was entirely offset by productivity growth. Output per hour worked doubled over 30 years as a result of technological progress. Moreover, many of the wasteful and unproductive activities of the market economy have disappeared, so that the social value of production has increased even more.

As the shorter working week was phased in, wage growth slowed down, but workers were still much better off than they had been during the early 21st century, when the benefits of productivity growth were less evenly distributed. The change was so successful and popular that the next reduction to a four-day week met little resistance.

The use of technological progress to improve work-life balance has been taken in other directions. When Sam and Ali had their first baby, they were entitled to three full years of paid leave, to be shared between them. Cynics observed that Australia had only just caught up with conditions available in Sweden decades ago, but most new parents were just happy to have the chance to spend time with their children.

Even back at work, Ali only goes into the office for two days a week, enough to maintain contact with colleagues. Most work, including banking, is done over the internet, which has long been provided free of charge as a public service. The decline of the private business sector has long since wiped out the advertising model on which the fortunes of companies like Google and Facebook were built. Since these companies relied almost entirely on content supplied by their customers, they weren’t much missed when they faded away.

Sam’s life hasn’t changed quite as much as Ali’s. The cafe is a seven-day operation and even with two business partners, running it takes 40 hours a week and sometimes more. And, like small business owners today, Sam grumbles about tax, unions and penalty rates, and the difficulty of getting good staff.

In other ways, though, Sam has it easier than in 2019. The $100,000 grant made it possible to start a business with no debt. More importantly, big corporations have disappeared from most sectors of the economy, including the cafe and restaurant sector. The relentless competition from large franchise operators, with business models based on exploiting franchisees, who were forced in turn to exploit their workers, is a thing of the past.

The elimination of tax avoidance and wage theft, through a combination of government and union action, destroyed the business model on which many corporations worked. The abolition of intellectual property and the renationalisation of monopoly infrastructure reversed the tendency towards private monopoly that had contributed greatly to the rising inequality of the early 21st century. The massive financial sector of the early 21st century, another huge source of inequality, is a distant memory.

Most formal employment is in the public and non-profit sectors, including health, education and social services of various kinds, as well as infrastructure. There are still some big businesses left, particularly in the manufacturing sector. They account for around 10% of total economic activity and about 5% of all employment, down from around 30% at the turn of the century. Most of the work in these firms is done by robots and computers, and the relatively small number of workers are well paid. Some senior managers and professionals receive five times the average wage, the legal limit imposed after the Crisis.

Not everyone in 2050 works in a paid job like Ali and Sam, but hardly anyone is unemployed. Most people without paid work receive a “participation income” which reflects non-market contributions to society, such as child-raising, participation in education or volunteering for community groups of all kinds.

Such community groups have flourished, with generous public support for a wide range of causes and ideas. This approach contrasts sharply with that of the early 21st century, in which the public sector sought to harness the energy of the community sector to reduce the costs of achieving predetermined policy goals. Associated with this was an “audit culture” in which concern over the possible misuse of public funds was given greater weight than the opportunities for positive use of those funds.

For those who can’t or won’t find any useful work, there is an unconditional basic income, roughly equal to today’s age pension in value. Despite the concerns of believers in market incentives, only a relatively small proportion of the population is on the basic income at any given time and hardly anyone stays on it for more than a few years. The universal availability of free retraining, and the wide variety of opportunities to contribute have meant that the basic income genuinely serves the function of a “safety net”.

As the focus of activity has moved from consumption to the quality of life, the environment has started to recover from the damage inflicted by unsustainable economic growth. The economy of 2050, including transport and most industry, is powered entirely by renewable energy, generated by a mixture of public utilities and local micro-grids. Coal-fired power stations and petrol-driven cars are a distant memory.

Food production has also become more sustainable, enabling Australia to feed a growing population, while increasing exports to the rest of the world. An expansion of publicly funded research through bodies such as the CSIRO has reversed the damaging cuts of the neoliberal era, and produced a range of innovations, including better climate forecasting and remote sensing, as well as more efficient management of water resources with less damaging impacts on natural ecosystems.

The socialist world of 2050 would not be the kind of utopia dreamed of by abstract theorists. It would not be one of complete leisure or perfect equality, let alone perfect people. But it would provide nearly everyone with a better life, and more opportunity to pursue their own path to happiness, than we have today.

Strong bath salts & cocaine is a hell of a mix.

141. Infidel Tiger

I’m never ever going to read anything on the subject.

It’s not something I care about.

Judith Curry
    Tony Heller
    Richard Lindzen.

I recommend Ed Krug because he explains each of their scams: acid rain, ozone hole, and CAGW.

A really deep cynic would say, “Hey, people could find time for their families already back in the 1960’s.”

Oh yeah, taxes were lower back then… not so many regulations either… smaller government… less busy-work bullshit compliance jobs.

144. areff

Quiggin must have a particularly capacious arse, what with plucking so much utter, otherworldly crap out of it in one hit.

Tel
    #2910075, posted on January 17, 2019 at 6:42 pm

Nobody ever mentions that somebody, other then themselves is paying for it.

I would’ve liked to spend more time with our kids, being away so much of the time on work, but nobody offered the chance to me.

146. Infidel Tiger

My mum had 15 years of maternity leave, paid for by my Dad’s income.

It’s was an horrendous age, where only one income was needed to pay for a home and everything else.

147. Stimpson J. Cat

Dan Crenshaw
    @DanCrenshawTX
    @RandPaul
    is giving the President bad advice.
    There are those of us who have sacrificed for our nation, who know the importance of this terrorist threat and the need to stay vigilant.
    We go there so that they don’t come here. It’s that simple.

148. thefrollickingmole

I hope people also took note of the carefully selected gender neutral couples ambiguous names.

When Sam and Ali had their first baby

Samuel or Samantha?
    Ali or Alison?

149. Elle

I check out the Cat open thread for the first time today.
    The obsession with the arse continues.
    Such a hoot!
    😁

150. bespoke

This is what happens when you hold hands with other blokes.

151. Infidel Tiger

Dan Crenshaw
    @DanCrenshawTX
    @RandPaul
    is giving the President bad advice.
    We go there so that they don’t come here. It’s that simple.

Crenshaw is a good man, but he’s part of the never ending war lobby.

152. Fat Tony

areff
    #2910076, posted on January 17, 2019 at 6:44 pm

You Naysayer !!! They will do it right this time – you just wait and see……

153. areff

BoN: If true, that Ohr stuff is dynamite. You can only guess Ohr is trying to put some distance between himself and the Hillarians.

“Look, I told ’em my wife was working for Fusion and Steele too. Golly gosh, but I wish they’d listened and dropped the whole thing before the FBI I love and cherish so very much was dragged into the mud.”

Hillarygate’s John Dean?

154. Leo G

Pardon? I’ll have you know that shit sheet is a certified reliable source of false, malicious and damaging misrepresentations for the purposes of the FBI and the Democratic Party.

155. Stimpson J. Cat

Crenshaw is a good man, but he’s part of the never ending war lobby.

He can be a bit one-eyed.

156. pete m

Jc, the jo nova summary refers to 2 papers by lindzen, as well christy and s McIntyre et al.

Quite extensive list of references.

You’re a weirdo head prefect. I put forward ideas here for reaction and refinement not egotistical fulfillment; you’re a typical troll making it about your ego. The only reason I don’t step around you is I believe trolls should be given zero tolerance.

There are no best scientists on the sceptical side; they’re all out there to varying degrees fighting the good fight. The link to Jo Nova which triggered your egotistical response had over a hundred supporting peer reviewed papers and primary evidence supporting it. The talking points I listed are crucial because the alarmists, and I still believe you’re a closet alarmist, have reduced the issue to talking points for the pollies and msm which is where that fight is now being fought. The sceptics must do the same.

The significance of Ed Berry’s work, and he is a professor of meteorology, is that it short circuits the fundamental issue which is whether CO2 increase is due to humans; the whole IPCC edifice relies on this.
    Berry wasn’t the first to look at this and follows in the steps, albeit from a different perspective, of Knoor, and particularly Essenhigh’s work which is discussed by Bob Cormack another professor of science from an engineering background. This article by Bob Cormack overviews the issue of CO2 increase and shows the arguments for it being primarily natural. For anyone concerned genuinely and not on an ego basis, about the pernicious effect of alarmism, this should be compulsory reading.

Keep posting head prefect, particularly about real estate; you’re very amusing.

158. Confused Old Misfit

We go there so that they don’t come here. It’s that simple.

But there are other ways of seeing to it that they don’t “come here”.
    Sun Tzu’s principle holds if your enemy cannot by other means be prevented from entering your backyard.
    With non-state actors more subtle and nuanced methods can and should be deployed at ones borders.
    The unjustly maligned procedure of profiling (something we all do, albeit unconsciously, every day) must be formally introduced to immigration and visa regimes. Visa overstays need more rigorous prosecution. Contacts and communication with the police and investigative bodies in other countries need to be developed and pursued at the lowest possible levels.

159. Infidel Tiger

We go there so that they don’t come here. It’s that simple.

Anyone who says that should immediately be jailed.

It’s retarded thinking.

160. Memoryvault

Zulu, are you around?

Cronkite

You were asked very reasonable questions to your earlier post. Referring to me as a troll for asking those questions is laughable. The problem with total frauds like you is that even a mere innocent question results in over the top abusive responses like 🙂

You’re a troll

You’re a closet warmer.

You’re a fraud and proto- fascist. You should also be shown the door.

Zulu, are you around?

Indeed, MV.

163. Stimpson J. Cat

In my experience, once you get rid of your wife, you have much much more time to spend with your kids.
    Also money.
    It’s astonishing.

😁

164. Stimpson J. Cat

Anyone who says that should immediately be jailed.
    It’s retarded thinking.

Ann Coulter
    @AnnCoulter
    $46 billion to protect Afghanis in Afghanistan, but Dems won’t give Trump $5 billion to protect Americans living in America.

165. Memoryvault

Evening Zulu

Just wondering if you’d be kind enough to loan JC your copy of “The Green Hoax Effect”?

166. mony still shilling hard for an outbreak of “American civil war 2, electric boogaloo”?

Mmyes, I am quaking in my boots at the thought of a bunch of fat guys in seersuckers occupying a wildlife refuge gift shop.

167. Stimpson J. Cat

Now don’t get me wrong.
    There are lots of great wives out there, wonderful wives, just really good people!

168. thefrollickingmole

This is just funny….

Really, really “clever” man who is used to twisting words and meanings runs into a disease hes “skeptical” of.
    Guess which one triumphs?

Foucault was homosexual, and indulged in the San Francisco bath-house scene when he visited the US. He also experimented with BDSM, turning it into a field study concerning the links between sex and power, ideas which can be applied to the psychological counsel of sex crime victims. However, this coincided with the rise of HIV amongst the gay community, and Foucault became a casualty of the AIDS pandemic.

In keeping with his curiosity about how the establishment (in this case the medical profession) interrelates with morality and authority, Foucault was professedly deeply skeptical that there was a “gay plague” sweeping the globe (as opposed to what AIDS always has been, a virus without sexuality preference), though he arrived at such ideas from a very different direction to stereotypical AIDS denialists.

I’d have to find said copy, first.

170. Elle

God, are you around? We need you.

Why would he need to loan me that, MemoryFault?

You’re the Australian version of Dick Lindzen are you now?

We go there so that they don’t come here. It’s that simple.

The other way to do it is leave them there and not let them come here.
    Hence the wall and the travel ban.
    Much cheaper than playing Islamic guacamole while a horde of DC lawyers watch your every move.

173. thefrollickingmole

We have many, many wives.

With all those fraudulent scientist questioning human influence on climate, how fortunate that we have here with us the honorable Harken Now to set us straight.

175. bespoke

Elle
    #2910109, posted on January 17, 2019 at 7:24 pm
    God, are you around? We need you.

No she’s getting a hair cut.

You’re a fraud and proto- fascist. You should also be shown the door.

Leftie tactics 101; accuse those who reveal what you are of being what you are. Confirmed by your repeated demands I be censored.

And look what you’ve done now you twerp, you’ve stimulated that cretin, harken, to arrive and sprout crap. See, if you can get together with him/her/it and come up with one confirmation of alarmism. One.

177. Memoryvault

I’d have to find said copy, first.

Fair enough, thank you.
    In the meantime, he might profit from this highly technical flowchart.
    I appreciate it might be a bit difficult for him – after all, it was done by a ten year old primary school kid. In that case some of the more knowledgeable Cats might explain it to him.

178. Stimpson J. Cat

God, are you around? We need you.

I’m here my child.
    Let my children go, etc etc…
    What do you want?
    Make it quick though, Jesus is doing stand up and it’s Moses round.
    Also why aren’t you cooking or ironing?

179. Mater

Forget “The Green Hoax Effect”, someone lend Quiggin their copy of “Pulag Archipelago”.

180. P

Tel #2910075, posted on January 17, 2019 at 6:42 pm

Two of my children were born in the late 60s and one in the early 70s.
    I was then a great believer in income splitting. Still am. It was not afforded us in the day but it sure would’ve helped and maybe given my husband more time with our children.

181. Fat Tony

Harken Now
    #2910099, posted on January 17, 2019 at 7:20 pm
    …..Climate scientists predict global warming and it happens, but it must be something else.

You must be one of those young, fat (chubby) little angels we see in some paintings….

Otherwise, you would know that some of those same climate “scientists” were predicting a new Ice Age in the 1970s.

They were wrong then, so why should they be right now?

182. Well, they’ve already doubled down on that shitty shaving advert with this.

183. Infidel Tiger

TorontoStar

Verified account

@TorontoStar
    Follow Follow @TorontoStar
    I’m married to a woman whom I love and adore. The thing is, she sees other men for sex and is open about it. She doesn’t have sex with me and says I’m too small. Now she wants to have a baby, but it won’t be mine. What do I do? Ask Ellie:

Dude.

184. Fat Tony

Stimpson J. Cat
    #2910117, posted on January 17, 2019 at 7:36 pm
    God, are you around? We need you.

I’m here my child.
    Let my children go, etc etc…

Woops….see what you’ve all done??? Stimp’s been triggered – he’s now revealing his true identity.

What do I do? Ask Ellie:

Retire to your library, with your service pistol, and a decanter of Scotch.

thefrollickingmole

#2910112, posted on January 17, 2019 at 7:27 pm

We have many, many wives.

Last evening we were having a convivial evening in front of the telly.
    Halfway down the second bottle of red I was channel-hopping and came across a show called “Escaping Polygamy.”
    I asked if there was a show called “Escaping Monogamy”.
    The conviviality evaporated instantly.

187. Myrddin Seren

By the amazing synchronicity that is the Internet, I was wondering about Quiggin the other day.

Do any of the Cat Old Guard know his history ? What made him in to an unreconstructed Bolshevik, in spite of all evidence to the contrary ? Probed by Aliens, his mother dropped Das Kapital on his head as a toddler ??

( The Guardian publishing Marxist poli-fic is less-than-surprising, Comrades ).

That was a bullsh*t reference, Elle, not a sexual peccadillo one.

He gets points for sustained sillyness. What an effort!

And speaking of sillyness, today I tried to give a drowned water dragon baby CPR. No success, poor little poppet. It will receive burial rites tomorrow.

TorontoStar

Verified account

@TorontoStar
    Follow Follow @TorontoStar

Justin of Ottawa?

190. Fat Tony

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #2910130, posted on January 17, 2019 at 7:46 pm
    What do I do? Ask Ellie:

Retire to your library, with your service pistol, and a decanter of Scotch.

ZKTA – does any of your advice not involve a service pistol, a decanter of Scotch and the library?

191. Harken.
    Steve McIntyre.
    Ran tree rings around Michael Mann’s Hockey Stick.
    Were you a believer then? Did YAD06 explain all?

Only counseled use of the service pistol once or twice.

Harken

You’re hark! bullshit is annoying but what one would expect from a self-important left wing wanker with an arts degree from UWS.

A view expressed by more than one person here. Indicates a level of selfishness that your descendants will truly puzzle over. I warn you.

Harken isn’t wheeling out the kids, he’s now wheeling out descendants. Fucking wanker.

JC meantime recommends only 3 authorities on climate change:

I do. Sure.

Each of whom – especially Heller – have made thoroughly debunked claims and repeatedly over the years shown their lack of understanding of key parts of the science and the climate record.

Heller has shown, the earth bound temp record in view of the tiny wiggles we’re looking for and the adjustments being made are a complete fraud. The idea that an old thermometer is replaced by a new one in an entirely new point and we can make an accurate adjustment is truly laughable. Furthermore there is absolutely no checks and balances on collection and adjustments. This is potentially a great deal of money. Who’s verifying the evidence. Who are they?

Heller is so bad he has been disowned by even Anthony Watts at times. He is (unlike Curry, who is more a case of inadequate understanding and politically motivated smokescreening) deliberately deceptive.

Unlike Hide The-Decliners and the Michael Mann, who peddled the idea tree rings could inform us of tiny wiggles in temps from eons ago. You wanker, Harksie. For every one Croknite on our side there are 30 frauds on yours.

JC might know this, if he read more than what he thinks serves his biases. But he doesn’t. The only thing he is correct about is cohenite’s complete gullibility for any and all bullshit writing that pretends its genuine science disproving climate change.

And yours too. Shall we discuss the models?

Tel apparently also believes contrarianism on the ozone hole. Huh. Climate scientists predict global warming and it happens, but it must be something else. A cycle. Undersea volcanoes. Force X from outer space. Whatever. Atmospheric scientists recommend reduction in CFCs, and ozone hole starts to dwindle, but it must be something else. Same story.

Not really. That’s just bullshit. Tel is suggesting more so that Climate is an extremely complex entanglement of factors we don’t quite even begin to understand. You certainly don’t with your arts degree and self important leftwing wankery.

Unfortunately, the world cannot afford to wait while ideologically motivated mainstream science deniers sit around waiting for their vindication which will never come.

The world cannot afford….? The world cannot afford what exactly, Doofus?

You’ve lost and don’t know it. But don’t take the world down with you.

So, it doesn’t matter about who’s right and wrong, it’s all about winning? Go it.

Fuck off, you’re a bigger waste of space than Cronkite. Both of you fuckers deserve to eat shit.

Censored? On a private blog? There’s no such thing as being censored on a blog. You ought to be thrown out because you’re an annoying, dishonest troll with worrying extremist tendencies..

Both you useless canutes deserve each other. Have a good time.

195. feelthebern

Donald Trump sex doll?
    Wow.
    Just wow.

196. feelthebern

It’s far too civilised around here.
    Should we discuss:
    moon landing;
    abortion;
    or whether it’s ok to wear shorts to work tomorrow?

Hark still hasn’t explained why snow isn’t melting when the temperature is supposed to be rising so precipitously. Why is that Hark? One of your colleagues got a big fridge?

The long term values are here, you are wrong as usual … there’s no significant trend in the past 20 years.

You should realize that being a bullshitter will get you called out. All you prove is that you get every single thing wrong ever time.

But hey, having lighter fluid in everyone fridge and air-conditioner has made us all better for the environment… somehow… dunno how.

CAGW is toxic* with Joe Public.
    Next.

*c/- TheirABC

200. Memoryvault

moon landing;

Dunno about the actual landing, Bern, but I reckon it was pretty speccie how they got cotton seeds to germinate up there. I’ll stand corrected, but I don’t think the Yanks ever managed to get seeds to germinate on the surface.

Well, they’ve already doubled down on that shitty shaving advert…

Gillette soyboys are into anal bleaching?

202. None

It’s far too civilised around here.

Trump sex doll not good enough for you?

203. Elle

Good on you, calli! How do you give a drowned water dragon baby CPR?

moon landing;

Sinos want to establish a moon base.

Heat records broken in northern Victoria
    Christine McGinn, Australian Associated Press
    42 minutes ago

The NSW-Victoria border cities of Albury and Wodonga have reached their hottest day on record, at 45.3C.

The Bureau of Meteorology on Thursday confirmed the statistics for the previous 24 hours, warning there was more hot weather on the way.

“The extreme heatwave across northern Victoria produced a few records yesterday: 45.3 degrees in Albury-Wodonga was its hottest day on record, that record spanning over 30 years,” senior meteorologist Rod Dickson said.

“Hunters Hill just east of Albury also had its hottest day on record with a top of 38.3 degrees.”

Other centres entered the record books, with Mangalore, two hours north of Melbourne, reaching 44.8C, its hottest January day ever. And the northern town of Yarrawonga’s maximum of 45.7C was its equal hottest.

“Broadly speaking across the north yesterday temperatures ranged between 45 and 46 degrees, so some pretty extreme heat,” Mr Dickson said.

206. Elle

Gillette soyboys are into anal bleaching?

Egg! Please try and stop it with the anal crap! You guys appeared to be obsessed!

Doctors see results of Zimbabwe crackdown
    MacDonald Dzirutwe, Associated Press
    35 minutes ago

Zimbabwean doctors say they have treated nearly 70 people for gunshot wounds while police rounded up hundreds after violent protests this week triggered by a steep rise in fuel prices.

The protests, only five months after six people were killed in post-election demonstrations last August, pose a challenge for President Emmerson Mnangagwa who promised to repair the struggling economy after he replaced long-time leader Robert Mugabe following a coup in November 2017.

Three people died during the protests but rights groups, lawyers and witnesses said scores of people were were beaten by soldiers, pointing to a heavy crackdown on dissent by security forces.

State broadcaster ZBC said 600 people, including a prominent activist and an opposition legislator, have been detained over the protests. A Zimbabwean lawyers’ group said it was so far representing more than 130 people arrested for protesting.

Evan Mawarire, a Harare pastor who rose to prominence as a Mugabe critic and led a national protest shutdown in 2016, will on Thursday appear in court to face public violence charges.

Do any of the Cat Old Guard know his history ?

Just another Academic fwit?
    A Cat is/was on his staff, said he wasn’t a bad bloke as a person/boss.

209. bespoke

It’s irreverent Elle I’m sure your friends have some about uptight hetro’s.

Elle
    #2910164, posted on January 17, 2019 at 8:24 pm

I thought you were up on the latest?
    A prerequisite for sex tapes, apparently (no unsightly images).

211. Snoopy

30 years? Okay. I guess civilisation must have arrived late at Albury.

212. Fat Tony

Elle
    #2910164, posted on January 17, 2019 at 8:24 pm
    Gillette soyboys are into anal bleaching?

Elle – he’s an egg. Just where do you think he came from???

Even Teh Dumb was heralding how I beat Kylie Jenner on Instagram – no stale crap here!

214. Trump sex doll

It’s the best. And when you’re done, many many fries.

215. Steve trickler.

Another ripping yarn from the history bloke.

Whilst maritime battles raged in the Pacific during WW2, this focuses on those in the Indian Ocean. Remarkable stories, with Australia in focus.

216. Geriatric Mayfly

Not so lucky the blackbird chick which fell out of the nest. First seized by the terrier, but unharmed. With no chance of it surviving what to do? Along comes the resident kookaburra for his mince, but a much tastier dish awaits. Supper carted off for a good branch whacking somewhere in the glades.

I opened its little mouth and blew gently across it, and massaged its little back. Unresponsive.

Poor baby. A clutch of them hatched a week or so ago. Kookaburra food, most of them.

If you search far and wide then something will always be a record breaking whatever, somewhere.

However, the modern automatic sensors are very fast, so they detect “heat waves” that last only less than a minute. The older mercury thermometers could not detect these momentary peaks (the thermometer is too slow), therefore modern equipment will tend to read a bit higher on the maximum reading for a day. Here’s the readings for Albury-Wodonga direct from the BOM page.

You can’t see any number 45.3 can you? Hottest from yesterday (16th) was 44.6 but those are half hour measurements which get averaged. This is the result of equipment change, not climate change.

Ozone is ‘look, squirrel’.
    The cost of the Montreal Protocol is tiny compared to the climate behemoth.
    Yet CAGW is not happening, and can’t happen, since ECS is below 1 C/doubling.

220. Memoryvault

Hmm, who should an angel believe: scientists published in Science, or a person sitting in Catallaxy who looks at tables and thinks he understands them?:

Harken, I hate to be the one who has to break this to you, but there is no “hole in the ozone layer”, because there is no ozone layer, except as a mathematical proxy for calculating atmospheric ozone variation, as measured by A Dobson Spectrophotometer, and expreessed in Dobson Units.

We see very clearly that chlorine from CFCs is going down in the ozone hole

And here the rest of us thought it was fluctuations in the solar wind and the south magnetic pole – auroras and all that.

222. Armadillo

For some strange reason, I always get images of Zulu wearing a pith helmet.

223. None

dover_beach
    #2910178, posted on January 17, 2019 at 8:39 pm

looooool

Hmm, who should an angel believe

If you believe that you are an angel, then I wouldn’t worry too much about what else you need to know.

I gave you a link to the numbers. You either understand how to read them, or you go and learn a bit and come back, or you fluff it and pretend to be interested. Every time you sit there fluffing, it’s really obvious, to the whole world that you have no idea what you are talking about. But this isn’t about science, as you keep demonstrating.

For some strange reason, I always get images of Zulu wearing a pith helmet.

And playing Jumanji.

This is the result of equipment* change, not climate change.

*Metrology vs meteorology.

227. Geriatric Mayfly

The Girlette Tranz 3 on display at American Thinker.

228. feelthebern

Bruce of Newie, I was reading the other day that the North Pole is moving.
    Crazy stuff.