Open Forum: April 20, 2019

1,963 Responses to Open Forum: April 20, 2019

Notafan

#2993894, posted on April 21, 2019 at 6:05 pm

There was a national security alert posted in Sri Lanka 10 days ago that a group was planning to attack churches

I give you one guess

times of Israel article

Perhaps the bint from new zealandistan is still wearing the sack clothe.

2. Notafan

Not that they ever need an excuse but I have no doubt the crapping on about white supremacism has excited this particular event

3. Y

Waleed on standby to be not too fussed.

4. mh

Greg Sheridan’s silence is deafening.

After what the Sri Lankan Army did to the die hards of the Tamil Tigers, I’d be REALLY careful not to piss them off.
    For those not up on it, backed them against the sea in a small area and artilleried the f–k out of them. I don’t think there was much prisoner taking going on.

Story goes, and I don’t have a reference, that three of the die hards of the Tamil Tigers were arrested on suspicion of planting a bomb somewhere. They told the interrogator to his face that, yes, there was a bomb, yes it would be detonated in the next hour, and nothing he could do would make them talk.

The interrogator drew his pistol, summarily dispatched two of the Tigers on the spot, and turned his attention to the third, who was quite prepared to tell all, thank you…the bomb was found, and defused.

6. dopey

Castle or Folau?
    In the front row, Castle.

7. P

This is the day the Lord has made
    Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

How, now?

God have mercy on us, Mary, Mother of God, pray for us.

A lively, laughing, guffawing, comical vibe on The Sunday Project tonight.
    No tears from Waleed.

This is not the Babylon Bee.
    This is a real AP headline and story:

Tourist mecca Notre Dame also revered as place of worship.
    ——————
    Via the always superb James Woods.

10. mh

The Project cares!

No really. They CARE!

11. memoryvault

Evening Mrs P.
    Been a while since our paths crossed here.
    How goes life with you?

Reports of a seventh bomb in Sri Lanka.

13. DrBeauGan

Tourist mecca Notre Dame also revered as place of worship

Well of course, that’s why those guys in the middle ages built cathedrals. To attract tourists.

15. Boambee John

Shangri-La

The basis of an in joke by FDR after the B-25 raid on Tokyo in April 1942.

A Hollywood movie on the mythical Himalayan kingdom where no-one ever got old was released in the late 1930s/early 1940s. When asked from where the Tokyo raiders had taken off, FDR replied “Shangri-La”, not revealing (although the Japanese already knew) that the aircraft were launched from a carrier.

A couple of years later, a new Essex class carrier was christened the USS Shangri-La.

DrBeauGan
    #2993918, posted on April 21, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Tourist mecca Notre Dame also revered as place of worship

Sometimes you have to wonder, or not?

17. Weather Underground terrorist Judith Clark – convicted on three counts of felony murder for her role in the killing of a security guard and two policemen during the Brinks heist of 1981 – has been granted clemency by Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) after serving 37 of a stipulated 75-years-to-life sentence.

1. Wahmen.
    2. US Dem.
    3. Connected to Ole’ Bambi.

Tourist mecca Notre Dame also revered as place of worship

Vicious or vacuous, or a toxic mixture of both?

Pilgrimage now called tourism?

20. Overburdened

The WHO has decided to remove transgenderism from the list of mental illnesses in the upcoming ICD11 to reduce stigma.

Naturally there will be knock on effects, such as Medicare and PBS considerations now that the affected people have nothing wrong with them.

IMO I would humbly submit that the condition should be reinstated for obvious reasons, and at the same time create a category for the twisted bastards that purchase fleshlights.

Warning

Confronting images in the link.

21. rickw

Perhaps the bint from new zealandistan is still wearing the sack clothe.

Should be stapled to her stupid virtue signalling head.

Bill Shorten declares:

“Today is not about whether you believe or not.”

He seems to be taking his newly acquired m.o.r. Anglicanism altogether too seriously.

23. DrBeauGan

Tourist mecca Notre Dame also revered as place of worship

Vicious or vacuous, or a toxic mixture of both?

Vacuous is my guess. But then, I’m naturally charitable. I can easily believe that the AP people just never gave a thought to why it was built.

Bill Shorten declares: “Today is not about whether you believe or not.”

LOL.
    No, Bill. Today really is about whether you believe or not.

Mecca? Surely not that stupid. They’re edumacated j-lists.

“Today is not about whether you believe or not.”

I presume he is referring to the Easter Bunny and not the Resurrection.

I would prefer a sentient life form to lead Australia.

Can’t win em all.

I presume he is referring to the Easter Bunny and not the Resurrection.

Bill is not just gunning for P.M., he’s aiming to be the nation’s theologian laureate.

And he’s even less qualified for the latter office than he is for the first.

28. Bushkid

Hey, memoryvault, how are you getting along? I’ve been meaning to catch up here for a while, but been flat out working away from home, waiting to see you’re on the page again.

I emailed Sinc a while ago, but no progress as yet on exchange of emails. Any chance you’d like to try?

29. DrBeauGan

Mecca? Surely not that stupid. They’re edumacated j-lists.

They know for sure that Mecca attracts tourists, they’ve seen the pictures.

The idea of building something to the greater glory of God and the enlargement of the human spirit is totally incomprehensible to the lefty mind in general and contemporary journalists in particular.

30. Gab

What is going on in Sri Lanka? I’ve just seen a comment about “8th bomb”.

Morrison is winning this campaign, hands down.
    And nobody is more surprised by that than me.
    He comes across as a natural, likable, dominant individual and he’s not shy.
    Shorten comes across as scripted, insincere, embarrassed to be doing this and the beta of the race.

My contempt for the vacuous Liberals is unaltered and unalterable but … just saying.

In fact, I am now predicting a Morrison victory.
    You heard it here first.

33. Gab

Oh. 156 dead so far in Sri Lanka … on Easter Sunday. Who could have possibly done these co-ordinated attacks on one of the holiest Christian day of the year? (Rhetorical, don’t bother answering).

34. In fact, I am now predicting a Morrison victory.
    You heard it here first.

Two weeks ago the head of maintenance at my place predicted a Shorten loss.
    I pretty much backed out of the room carefully keeping my eyes on him. (metaphorically).
    I now agree with him. He was it seems, ahead of the curve.

35. Ubique

Greg Sheridan declared he is a Mus lim after the Christchurch attack. I wonder what position Sheridan will take today now that hundreds of Christians have been targeted on the holiest day of the Christian calendar.

I doubt Greg Sheridan will declare he is now a Catholic. Not now that he’s Muslim. The sin of apostasy among Muslims is punishable by death.

Breaking news in the Oz is mentioning a seventh blast.

In fact, I am now predicting a Morrison victory. You heard it here first.

Australians don’t like or trust Shorten.

We’ll likely be taking the scenic route to Venezuelan like economic oblivion.

He comes across as a natural, likable, dominant individual and he’s not shy.

He’s almost the quasi-conservative version of Bob Hawke. Not a whole lot upstairs in either case … but who cares? Voters are looking for da feelz in da leaders.

39. Bushkid

C.L.
    #2993938, posted on April 21, 2019 at 7:28 pm
    In fact, I am now predicting a Morrison victory.
    You heard it here first.

I sincerely hope you’re right, C.L. Not that I particularly like or respect the coalition as it is, but the labor/green mob would be infinitely worse. I’m of the persuasion that we’ll still end up in the same place wiht the coalition, just not as soon, which may give us ordinary folks a chance to either fight back or stock up. With labor/green we’re going to be stuffed in shorter order than most people realise.

40. P

I would prefer a sentient life form to lead Australia.

If one of the contenders to PM of our country would back Israel Folau, then I would seriously consider voting for them.

I think so, C.L.

Shorten has the depth of a petri dish and the charisma of a cane toad. A perfect, artificial creation of the youyun mooment.

Morrison at least resembles something that’s possible to like.

And Turnbull hates him. There’s that.

42. Australians don’t like or trust Shorten.

That’s the bottom line.
    Shorto is not helping by visibly being barely able to restrain himself from doing his narna over being questioned.
    He can see the Lodge slipping away. He knows this is “make or break” – there’ll never be another chance for him.

Meanwhile Adelaide hospital received patients suffering from a ‘bad batch’ of illicit drugs!

UK Telegraph has good updates.

Live Sri Lanka church and hotel explosions: More than 150 dead in Easter Sunday bomb attacks

Police chief Pujuth Jayasundara sent an intelligence warning to top officers on April 11 setting out the threat.

“A foreign intelligence agency has reported that the NTJ (National Thowheeth Jama’ath) is planning to carry out suicide attacks targeting prominent churches as well as the Indian high commission in Colombo,” said the alert.

The NTJ is a radical Muslim group in Sri Lanka that came to notice last year when it was linked to the vandalism of Buddhist statues.

No confirmation yet but the Colombo police must be sure enough if they are divulging intel given them by 5 Eyes or the like.

45. memoryvault

I would prefer a sentient life form to lead Australia.

Sorry, Calli, but the mainstream parties (Libs/Nats/Labor/Greens), have engineered that trait out of the available mix. Sentient life forms have an annoying habits like engaging in individual thought and behaviour, which are unwelcome distractions in party politics today.

UK Telegraph has good updates.

The NTJ is a radical Mus lim group in Sri Lanka that came to notice last year when it was linked to the vandalism of Buddhist statues.

I’ll bet good money that Chloe Shorten had the removal truck booked, the curtains chosen and was reading up “The Dummies Guide to being Prime Minister’s Wife.”

48. Ubique

The election campaign is exposing Shorten as shallow, vacuous, insincere, ingenuous, ill-informed, intolerant, untrustworthy and reckless. He and Labor have had six years to prepare for this campaign and in the space of four days they look like a rabble. Expect Plibersek to be pushed into the limelight by the ABC.

49. Mater

In fact, I am now predicting a Morrison victory.
    You heard it here first.

Nah.

Mater
    #2986500, posted on April 13, 2019 at 8:19 am
    Spent last evening socialising with two rusted on Labor blokes, one a full blown march-in-the-street, fist-in-the-air, CFMEU man from way back.
    Both of them (but separately): “I don’t think the country can afford a Bill Shorten government this time around”, or words to that effect.
    You could have knocked me over with a feather, twice.

Hey Tailgunner, what are the odds of a Liberal victory running at?

Scomo isn’t a union official.
    ALP is a creation of the unions.
    Unions lost arguments with bosses.
    Now ALP’s job is to rule over bosses.

51. memoryvault

Hey, memoryvault, how are you getting along?

Evening, Bushkid, I’m doing okay. And yourself?
    I did say hello the other night when you popped in briefly, but you must have missed it.

Expect Plibersek to be pushed into the limelight by the ABC.

It’s started already, in the Australian.

53. Leo G

Note that a common factor in the attacks is an ethnic group targeted- the Burghers.

54. memoryvault

Calli, C.L.
    Interesting comments re ScoMo, Shorten and the upcoming election.
    I have a large supply of straws designed specifically for clutching at, if you’re interested.

Australia’s official state ‘comedians’ are on Waleed Aly’s Ten Network as we speak, performing their “Stand Up for Christchurch” concert in New Zealand.

I’m sure “Stand Up for Sri Lanka” will follow in due course.
    ————————–
    Here are the rules for Australian TV news media …

The victims of the Sri Lanka bombings are brown people (lead story!)
    … but they’re Christians (OK, second story!)
    The perpetrators are supremacists (hey, maybe it is a lead story!)
    … but they’re also brown (oooh; make it third story)
    … and they’re Mvzl1ms (brief voice-over following the ad break – after the human interest story about an alpaca with an artificial leg).

56. P

Evening Mrs P.
    Been a while since our paths crossed here.
    How goes life with you?

MV, I thought of you all day on the 19th.

Cheers my friend.

Notre Dame catches fire.
    Sri Lanka churches bombed.
    Pattern developing.

Expect Plibersek to be pushed into the limelight by the ABC.

But wait…”Chloe Shorten is Bill’s secret weapon”!

Actual headline from today’s press.

mv – straws blowing in the wind.

60. mh

Americans, British and Dutch among the dead in eight blasts at churches and five-star hotels

Exponent of the religion of pieces on Kenny explaining the religion of pieces is really the religion of peaces and that Australia comes first.

I’m relieved.

62. CL:

In fact, I am now predicting a Morrison victory.
    You heard it here first.

Pigs arse, CL.
    I predicted it end of last year.
    …and put $2,111 on it.

63. memoryvault

But then, I’m naturally charitable.

Not quite the opinion expressed by my late wife Marilyn after your day long humiliating, degrading, mocking diatribe, just before she died, Herr Doctor Mengel.

But that’s okay. I can wait. I’ve already pegged Armadillo. Working on identifying Bespoke now. You’re next on the list after that.

…”Chloe Shorten is Bill’s secret weapon”!

Actual headline from today’s press.

All very sanitized…no mention of “that” text…

65. Top Ender

Al Jazeera:

Sri Lankan capital Colombo has been hit by at least two new blasts, one of them at a hotel near the national zoo killing at least two more people, police said.

…”Chloe Shorten is Bill’s secret weapon”!

Bill is a Man of Secrets.

ALP lost plot when MT spilt himself.
    ALP being cute, helped Phelps.

You have straws, MV?

That’s it for you then. Off to the Green Gulag.

I bet you have a secret cache of singlet bags too.

69. rickw

8th Blast in Sri Lank.

Enough I think to have local authorities close the curtains and go all Wild West on the muzzies.

70. Boambee John

C.L.
    #2993929, posted on April 21, 2019 at 7:19 pm
    Bill Shorten declares: “Today is not about whether you believe or not.”

Sounds as if he is going for the athiest vote.

Shades of Whitlam, with his reference on one occasion to “Bible bashing bastards”.

Has he won you over, Br BG?

71. Geriatric Mayfly

But wait…”Chloe Shorten is Bill’s secret weapon”!

Is there room for Quentin too? A ménage à trois.

72. candy

Shorten would have to step down as if it was voluntary. No other scenario would work.

Winston says BS knows where the bodies are so he won’t be rolled. I don’t know about that, Winston. A senior position in a Plibersek government is better than nothing at all, which is what he will have if he loses as opposition leader. All over red rover.
    BS is such a tricky person you can’t work him out at all. He seems nice enough but three’s a whole other depth there, I think, that folks don’t see. I think.

73. Latest betting on Bill Hill:

Next Election – Sworn in Government
    Coalition @ $5.50
    $1111.11

74. DrBeauGan

memoryvault
    #2993969, posted on April 21, 2019 at 8:00 pm
    But then, I’m naturally charitable.

You’re deranged.

75. Arky

I’ve already pegged Armadillo.

Ewwww,
    Get yourself tested for leprosy.

76. rickw

More from Paradise Lost (at the hands of the Uniparty):

77. Ellie

MV, we had some innocent fun … which was judged and shat on. Hope you are doing ok.

My stepfather is 70. He is grieving my mum. He is a legend, who cared for her till the end.

He raised me. Never heard him cry … until the end.

Much love. Bless you. Xx

78. Nick

I’m waiting for the Left to call for the Government to fast track applications by Catholic Sri Lankans. Any minute now, any minute….

79. memoryvault

I bet you have a secret cache of singlet bags too.

No Calli, but I have a black caftan from the early Eighties.
    A long, flowing robe with a hood, and trimmed with gold embroidery around the collar, hem, and cuffs. People said it made me look as they imagined Rasputin to be. It made me look quite daunting.

I thought Marilyn had tossed it years ago. But I found it the other day, carefully packed away.
    I might start wearing it again.

But wait…”Chloe Shorten is Bill’s secret weapon”!

Actual headline from today’s press.

Force yourself to read all the way to the end. Not that there’s anything useful to learn but it helps toughen you up for what’s coming.

candy
    #2993978, posted on April 21, 2019 at 8:06 pm

Cleanevent workers.

82. Armadillo

Seems that the Sri Lankans have renamed a few hotels since I was there last.

Mrs A’s father spent 5 years in Sri Lanka (working for Air Lanka).

The bombings are a military style operation. Nothing to do with the Muslims.

Its a false flag.

83. Nick

In fact, I am now predicting a Morrison victory.

Said the same today.

Bill Shorten declares: “Today is not about whether you believe or not.”

Easter Bilby Shorten.

WORLD NEWS APRIL 21, 2019 / 7:58 PM / UPDATED 17 MINUTES AGO
    Sri Lanka government declares curfew, shuts down access to major social media sites

COLOMBO (Reuters) – The Sri Lankan government declared a curfew with immediate effect, junior defense minister Ruwan Wijewardene

said on Sunday, following eight explosions that killed nearly 140 people, and mostly targeted churches and hotels.

“A curfew will be imposed until things settle down,” he told reporters in Colombo.

Government officials also said major social media networks and messaging apps, including Facebook and WhatsApp, have been blocked inside the country to prevent misinformation and rumors.

86. Armadillo

Seems that the Sri Lankans have renamed a few hotels since I was there last.

Mrs A’s father spent 5 years in Sri Lanka (working for Air Lanka).

The bombings are a military style operation. Nothing to do with the “M” population.

87. memoryvault

You’re deranged.

Probably, Herr Doctor Mengel.
    And also very, very angry with certain individuals here, starting with yourself.
    It’s an interesting combination.

88. Arky

Mrs A’s father spent 5 years in Sri Lanka (working for Air Lanka).

Yes, yes.
    But tell us more about this pegging MV gave you.
    I hope he boiled you in bleach solution first.

Expect Plibersek to be pushed into the limelight by the ABC.

Women’s Weekly?

90. zyconoclast

The FBI on Saturday said it had arrested Larry Hopkins, the leader of an armed group that is stopping undocumented migrants after they cross the U.S.-Mexico border into New Mexico.

The arrest came two days after the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) accused the group of illegally detaining migrants and New Mexico’s Democratic Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham ordered an investigation.

Hopkins, 69, also known as Johnny Horton, was arrested in Sunland Park, New Mexico, on a federal complaint charging him with being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.

“We’re not worried about it, he’s going to be cleared,” said Jim Benvie, a spokesman for the United Constitutional Patriots (UCP), blaming his arrest on political pressure from Lujan Grisham.

Hopkins is the “national commander” of the UCP, which has had around half a dozen members camped out on a rotating basis near Sunland Park since late February.

The UCP describes itself as a “patriot group” helping U.S. Border Patrol cope with record numbers of Central American families crossing the border to seek asylum.

Dressed in camouflage and carrying rifles, UCP members have helped U.S. Border Patrol detain over 5,600 migrants in the last two months, Benvie said. Videos posted online by the group show members telling migrants to stop, sit down, and wait for agents to arrive. Critics accuse the UCP of impersonating law enforcement.

91. vicki

In fact, I am now predicting a Morrison victory.

None of this should be surprising to those who recall his steely handling of the illegal immigration crisis created by Labor. He assembled an expert logistical group from the ADF and achieved what most thought was impossible.

But what was particularly gratifying was his refusal to let the media know anything more than he was willing to give them.

This is a man who has that gutsy thing that is very Aussie…and the punters recognise it.

92. memoryvault

MV, we had some innocent fun … which was judged and shat on.

Yes, Elle. And soon it will be payback time.
    Not that I’m capable of being a vindictive bastard or anything like that.

93. Nick

How long till we have ‘sit down for Sri Lanka’?

egg_
    #2993997, posted on April 21, 2019 at 8:20 pm

Knitting?

95. zyconoclast

More than 3,000 fraudulent family cases have been identified by U.S. Border Patrol in the past six months, demonstrating the lengths to which illegal migrants will go to abuse U.S. laws.

“It’s very clear that the cartel and smugglers know the weaknesses in our laws. They know that family units and unaccompanied children will be released with no consequences for their illegal entries,” acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan stated when he visited the U.S.-Mexico border near McAllen, Texas.

McAleenan, who took over the role of DHS chief following Kirstjen Nielsen’s resignation, said Tuesday marked a new record in single-day border crossings, with over 4,800 people crossing in a 24-hour period. Nearly 1,000 of those apprehended on Tuesday came in just three big groups.

Thousands of families, the acting DHS chief said, have arrived at the border only to be discovered to be lying about their kinship. The department is now buckling down on migrant child recycling rings.

96. John64

Tits Peanuthead is looking very fragile and irritable. He’s actually lucky that Easter has given him a few days with the heat off to regather himself.

Sure he’s two lengths ahead entering the home straight, but if the next Newspoll is 49/51 or (God forbid) 50/50 he could implode completely.

97. vr

Seems that the Sri Lankans have renamed a few hotels since I was there last.

Mrs A’s father spent 5 years in Sri Lanka (working for Air Lanka).

Indian press is reporting they have identified a person of interest. Looks like you might be wrong.

Armadillo
    #2993993, posted on April 21, 2019 at 8:17 pm

Strange thing to say, I thought 9/11 proved the two are not exclusive.

99. memoryvault

Somebody should have told me it was comedy night at the Cat.

vicki
    #2993999, posted on April 21, 2019 at 8:21 pm

And ScoMo was given the job by TA. No wonder GetUp are angry.

101. Spider

I just caught a bit of Insiders tonight. Normally I don’t comment on fashion but Patricia Kavellas get up is the most unflattering I think I’ve ever seen on TV.

What was she thinking?

102. mh

That’s a big call from Armadillo. He’s put them on the line.

Now we’ll see.

103. DrBeauGan

memoryvault
    #2993994, posted on April 21, 2019 at 8:18 pm
    You’re deranged.

Probably, Herr Doctor Mengel.
    It’s an interesting combination.

Talking dirty with Elle while your wife lay dying in the next room made me, briefly, uncharacteristically, moralise about the pair of you. Your anger would be better aimed at yourself for being a contemptible shit.

104. candy

This is a man who has that gutsy thing that is very Aussie…

I remember when the first Abbott challenge occurred and he walked out with Bishop and Turnbull and looked quite ashen in Question Time, disappointed, as did Bishop and Turnbull. They thought it was their turn.
    It was clear after the successful knifing in retrospect he felt he should have been promoted already to Treasurer and Malcolm Turnbull had promised him that job, that TA did not give him. So knifing.

He is doing a good job and good luck to him. But in my opinion, I can see he’s not a loyal trustworthy individual. I take his Christian viewpoints with a grain of salt really. There’s a bit of the actor about him.

105. Twostix

Entirely possible a large section of the labor party don’t want to win government in Canberra.

Why would they? Unions are still riding high on Rudd/Gillard’s ‘reforms’, they’re in control of hundreds of billions of dollars in super funds and they defacto control the legislature through their hegemonic control of the media, pop-culture and public services.

The status quo is serving them so well.

106. Armadillo

But tell us more about this pegging MV gave you.

What are you blabbering about, Arky?

Pegs have to do with socks?

108. Arky

What are you blabbering about, Arky?

I’m trying to introduce some lightness and humour.
    But Beaugan has fucked that completely.
    Everyone ease up a bit.

109. vicki

There’s a bit of the actor about him.

I guess there’s “a bit of actor” in every pollie.

But I recall hearing him speak at The Sydney Institute about Australian values some years ago, and being very impressed. This was a topic rarely spoken about specifically, since it was before the immigration numbers and multi-culti changes were very starting to grate.

His handling of the borders issue surprised everyone, including many in his own Party.

110. mh

I went to the NY Times to see the latest on Sri Lanka, and spotted this:

Maureen Dowd
    The Ego Maniac in the Oval Is ‘Exonerated’
    A vengeful President Trump and his writhing nest of liars slither past the Mueller report — for the moment.

Lunatics.

111. Bushkid

memoryvault
    #2993957, posted on April 21, 2019 at 7:44 pm

Evening, Bushkid, I’m doing okay. And yourself?

Sorry I missed you mv, I’ve been flat out catching up with work, only dropping in to the Cat sporadically.
    Keeping busy has been useful, but I’m tired of course. My work is such a positive thing and I have a great lot of clients, but I was getting to the point of being too tired to push on. Actually took a day off today to catch up with stuff for the accountant, but slept in and decided to veg out instead. Feeling a lot better for it too.

112. Ellie

DrBG, I may have missed some posts. I didn’t talk dirty with MV.

We exchanged some light humour.

Why are you attacking a man who is grieving?

113. candy

True. I’m a little biased Vicki. I think TA is pretty terrific. Scott M. has a picture or model of a boat in his office with words saying “I stopped these”.
    I don’t know, but for one thing it seems a little callous. The boats had to be stopped, a brilliant policy success, but there were human difficulties in that and why boast. As well, it was TA who did stop the boats as a policy promise. He hung his career on that. I know, I’m being biased and small minded.

114. Armadillo

That’s a big call from Armadillo. He’s put them on the line.

Unlikely to prove myself right, because the military (or Government) is hardly going to admit to it.

You don’t set seven explosions to go off at the same time. Even the Tamil Tigers couldn’t manage that.

The Tigers were the ones who introduced “suicide bombers” to this world.

All Sri Lankan Christians pls. The bombed Batticaloa church is an independent charismatic church.

116. If it happens, it will almost entirely due to the guts and self belief of Morrison.

I’ll plonk for it being due to Shorten’s taxes.
    The ALP have campaigned brilliantly in the past (“It’s Time”, “Ka-ching, everything up 10%”, “Mediscare”, etc.)
    This time they’ve just come out with a shedload of taxes, even on dead people.
    Shorten ain’t exactly Mr. Charisma either.

117. Neil

You could be right but apparently Morrison voted for Abbott and not Turnbull during the leadership spill

118. memoryvault

Talking dirty with Elle while your wife lay dying in the next room

Actually, Herr Doctor Mengel, of memory serves according to you, Armadillo and Bespoke, Marilyn was only “allegedly dying”, and she was doing that all alone in an upstairs bedroom (in a one bedroom, single story granny flat, no less).

Far from being upset about it, Marilyn had a good laugh, reading through the exchange between Elle and me the next morning. People who have been married for forty years understand when one engages in a bit of steam venting, after a very stressful day worrying.

Yes, she was quite chuffed by it all. Until you, Armadillo and Bespoke got started.
    Your subsequent comments made her very, very miserable.

And there will be an accounting for that, Herr Doctor.

119. zyconoclast

‘Not only women feel broody’: Transgender man reveals he was desperate to have a child before he went through ‘a total loss of self’ as he became pregnant with his baby

-Freddy McConnell, 30, is a gay transgender man who gave birth to a baby boy
    -A film of his experience of pregnancy will premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival
    -His mother described her fears for her son as he embarked on the pregnancy
    -He spent most of the nine months he was pregnant with his son in Deal, Kent

120. candy

Horrendous events in Sri Lanka. So much suffering there now, and then the grief. It’s hard to mentally understand how people get by and cope in the most devastating circumstances.

The Tigers were the ones who introduced “suicide bombers” to this world.

Incorrect. The first documented suicide bomber was Christian … and killed a fellow Christian.

Shorten ain’t exactly Mr. Charisma either.

Shorten posses all the charisma of a urinary tract infection.

123. vicki

I think TA is pretty terrific.

Candy, Tony is also gutsy, as we know, and stood up against the climate clap-trap when few others (except for Nick Minchin) would. But he failed to convince the electorate as PM.

I have always believed that Morrison, amongst the remaining pack, best represents Middle Australia. I’m hoping that Middle Australia thinks so, too.

124. Elle & MV weren’t exactly cybersexing.
    It was open chat, in a public forum.
    Don’t like the topic? Don’t join in.
    Simple.
    Case.Closed.

125. Armadillo

Sri Lanka is a political war, not a religious war.

126. DrBeauGan

I can’t speak for the others, but in my case, your memory does not serve you right.

At the very least, Elle and you were appallingly crass.

127. Sinclair Davidson

Bushkid – I forwarded your email to MV on April 11.

128. candy

I think he might have but had organised and encouraged others to vote for Turnbull to get those numbers. You know, he’s very good with numbers, knowing how to keep his “hands clean”, to reach his ambition. A valuable skill in politics. He has it.

I mentioned before I think Scott Morrison’s ideal is to win the election no matter if it’s minority, just win, but to top it off Abbott and Dutton to lose their seats, which gives him a clear run free of the old conservatism the “harder” types. It may just happen, are my thoughts. It looks likely.

129. memoryvault

I think TA is pretty terrific.

Candy, Tony is also gutsy,

Oh Lordy save us.
    It’s a Liberal love-in.

130. Gab

The first documented suicide bomber was Christian

I didn’t read that he was a Christian. Where does it say that? He was a socialist though.

131. Sinclair Davidson

memoryvault – please check your email. I have forwarded bushkid’s email address to you.

132. zyconoclast

I think TA is pretty terrific.

Candy, Tony is also gutsy,

Oh Lordy save us.
    It’s a Liberal love-in.

Use lots of lube to prevent chafing.

133. memoryvault

Bushkid – I forwarded your email to MV on April 11.

gmail or outlook, Doomlord please?
    I’ll follow it up.
    Probably my cock-up.
    Again.
    Apologies in advance. I’ve been a bit distracted since Christmas.

134. John Constantine

Has shortens focus group decided what sort of yarn he will knit his Kangaroo from?.

135. Infidel Tiger

How remiss of me: Happy 93rd Birthday to the Queen of Australia, Elizabeth II. Long may she reign.

136. Ellie

At the very least, Elle and you were appallingly crass.

Post the verbal intercourse.
    Let’s review and analyze how crass it was.

137. Gab

Post the verbal intercourse.
    Let’s review and analyze how crass it was.

Oh for the love of … please let’s not prosecute this boring drama yet again.

138. jupes

Socrates at the Pub
    #2993670, posted on April 21, 2019 at 11:50 am

I’d say his peak was in the Marines as a platoon commander.
    His subsequent career is one big long switcheroo of swapping from private practice to government salary, but all as a lawyer.
    So he went from a defender of civilisation, to 40 years of eating away at that same society.

Very similar to Numbers.

Apart from his 10 months in Vietnam, the rest of his life was spent “eating away at that same society”.

Good post Steve.

The first documented suicide bomber was Christian

Tel – I don’t think you can call a revolutionary socialist a Christian.
    And early commie would be a more accurate description.

Same goes for the bombers of the IRA who were (and are) Marxists and socialists, not Christians.

140. Great stuff cohenite.

The whole damned country should be like that. We’re potentially living in paradise but won’t do anything to make it happen.

Indeed the Tamil Tigers would fit right in with Mr Hryniewiecki since they are also revolutionary socialists.

142. mh

Guardian

No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks but Sri Lanka’s defence minister, Ruwan Wijewardene, said the culprits had been identified and were religious extremists

Christian on Christian violence?

Socrates at the Pub

#2994036, posted on April 21, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Elle & MV weren’t exactly cybersexing.
    It was open chat, in a public forum.
    Don’t like the topic? Don’t join in.
    Simple.
    Case.Closed.

Sage advice.

144. DrBeauGan

Post the verbal intercourse.
    Let’s review and analyze how crass it was.

You post it. All of it. I’m not surprised you have both edited your memories.

145. mh

Guardian

No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks but Sri Lanka’s defence minister, Ruwan Wijewardene, said the culprits had been identified and were reli grouse extre mists

Christ ian on Christ ian violence?

146. Sinclair Davidson

MV – both. Sent it to gmail. Just resent to outlook.

147. Armadillo

We all seem to miss the obvious point. That its all a political war. And an ideological war.

Some people will go to extreme lengths to achieve it. Smashing a Blackberry phone into little pieces is just a “meh”, nothing to see here. Nor is calling for the impeachment of a President. Its part of the “game”. The power game.

Third world countries think nothing of it. Everyone is expendable.

Very similar to Numbers.

And McCain.
    Twelve months service doesn’t buy you a licence to be an arsehole for the next 60 years.

149. memoryvault

At the very least, Elle and you were appallingly crass.

And you, of course, are the resident expert on relationships.
    After all what the hell would we know, with only half a lifetime each of steady relationships?
    We pale into insignificance compared to you.
    Who paid a spiky-haired emo chick to be a platonic partner on a cheap tramp ship cruise.

Give me some pointers, Oh Wise One.

150. Confused Old Misfit

Some of you people need to remember how to behave like adults.

Dunno. Five years as a prisoner of war of the Nogerians, and refusing to be repatriated early?

152. mh

Not more tears. Please no!

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #2992545, posted on April 19, 2019 at 11:04 pm
    For the record, I have been extremely discreet here about maintaining Elle’s privacy. It is no news to anyone familiar with the early February Cat OT that Elle was quite distressed, to the point of tears, about her reception by some men on Catallaxy. That is as much information as I would ever make public about Elle’s emails to me. For these are personal emails between real people IRL which were never meant to be public. I believe I also said at the time here on the OT that Elle had in my opinion been very upset and tearful re comments made by Nick and others regarding her. So no new news has been released by me on this.

Some of you people need to remember how to behave like adults.

Please.
    It’s not that sort of blog.

154. DrBeauGan

Give me some pointers, Oh Wise One.

Your memory has failed you yet again.

155. memoryvault

Thanks Doomlord, I’ve now got both accounts up and running.
    Unfortunately on the other computer.
    I’ll switch it on and check it out.

156. feelthebern

In some parts of Australia that’s a 8/10.

157. Twostix

Surely critisism of Christianity must now be banned in Sri Lanka.

Right?

158. feelthebern

IT, for someone who says they don’t want to be ruled over by the political class, you seem very beholden to be ruled over by someone whose only qualification is they fell out of the right vagina.

159. Armadillo

It’s not that sort of blog.

The evidence is to the contrary.

160. feelthebern

By my math, Sri Lanka is Christchurch times 3.

161. memoryvault

Oh for the love of … please let’s not prosecute this boring drama yet again.

Sorry, Gab, but no can do.
    Herr Doctor Mengel, Armadillo, Bespoke and I have unfinished business.

162. mh

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    31s
    138 people have been killed in Sri Lanka, with more that 600 badly injured, in a terrorist attack on churches and hotels. The United States offers heartfelt condolences to the great people of Sri Lanka. We stand ready to help!

Over 190 dead now.

163. Armadillo

The evidence is hard to argue with.

164. feelthebern

The Cat at its worst is still handbags at ten paces.

165. Nick

All I said was that when Lizzie talks about her Hairy, she means her minge.

166. Armadillo

Herr Doctor Mengel, Armadillo, Bespoke and I have unfinished business.

I’m assuming we disagreed with you about something?

It’s gonna be a big ‘un.

7 cube skip on order. Might need a 10.

168. Infidel Tiger

Monarchies only rule for as long as their subjects are happy and content.

Without doubt the best form of government.

169. Notafan

Dillo

Pretty unusual for members of the military to be fanatical enough to committee suicide bombings.

What were they hoping to achieve?

A military dictatorship?

170. Armadillo

Al Jazeera now reporting 2 new blasts.

7 cube skip on order. Might need a 10.

Riot cops are on call.

I knew it would be on when someone mentioned that blue floral dress. And Thermomix was in the very next post.

Meanwhile, I will watch Robin Hood Men in Tights and the adventures of Rabbi Tuckman.

173. Nick

Most military juntas love tourism for the cash it brings their monopolies. I can’t see the military hurting a fledgling tourism market so harshly.

174. Pete of Perth

In Hakodate. Nice spot. Just had a beer banana cocktail. Deadly.

175. Pete of Perth

Not a hint of Easter in this part of Japan.

176. Notafan

Last bomb was a house.

Interesting.

seven people arrested

177. John Constantine

Ross, 71, and Andrew Powell, 32, were life-long members of the Port Campbell Surf Life Saving Club and were prominent figures in the local dairy farming industry.

They, along with one other lifesaver, were attempting to save a tourist at Sherbrook River, near the Twelve Apostles on Victoria’s south-west coast, on Sunday morning when their boat flipped.

The father and son were declared dead at the scene, while the third lifesaver was seriously injured and airlifted to The Alfred hospital.

178. memoryvault

I’m assuming we disagreed with you about something?

Well, gee, I dunno, Armadillo.
    Maybe we should ask my “allegedly dying wife”.
    Oh sorry, we can’t.

She’s dead.

179. Nick

Seven suspects arrested

How long before the Australian press link them to Fraser Anning ?

180. Herr Doctor Mengel, Armadillo, Bespoke and I have unfinished business.
    I’m assuming we disagreed with you about something?

Being as he was talking of “having you pegged” you may find his unfinished business with you is not the same as with the others.
    Remain alert when outside your burrow. You cannot afford to relax.

181. Armadillo

A military dictatorship?

blog)

I might have “called it” a touch early.

As you were. I didn’t bet anyone. If I did, I would have paid up (unlike other mOnster like creatures on this blog).

There is a lesson in all of this.

Don’t make outrageous claims and expect to get away with them.

182. max

I think Morrison stacks it on a bit. The bluff, hearty bloke full of good cheer – how does that go over when he meets Widodo or Trump or Xi ? He’d have to drop it. They’d see through it immediately and that makes me feel like I’m being gulled, though it’s a thousand time worse with Shorten.

Maureen Dowd
    The Ego Maniac in the Oval Is ‘Exonerated’

Will MoDo be joining ScoMo with ToJo on Q&A?

184. Not a hint of Easter in this part of Japan.

Not even a mention of “iisutaa bani”?

185. Pete of Perth

Socrates… Nope

186. mh

Dillo, nothing wrong with you making an early call.

I have no idea about Sri Lanka, apart from we play them at cricket

187. Arky

Remain alert when outside your burrow. You cannot afford to relax.

Relaxing is better.
    Don’t clench arma.

188. rickw

Riot cops are on call.

In case the locals decide to sort the problem out for themselves?

How long before the Australian press link them to Fraser Anning ?

Snork, snork!

190. Armadillo

Maybe we should ask my “allegedly dying wife”.
    Oh sorry, we can’t. She’s dead.

I withdraw the “allegedly” bit.

Happy now?

191. rickw

How long before the Australian press link them to Fraser Anning ?

Where’s egg boi when you need an idiot?

192. memoryvault

I’m working on identifying the others now.
    I won’t be doing anything until I have them all “pegged”.

193. rickw

The Japs like to conflate Christian festivals.

Now that is messed up!

Where’s egg boi when you need an idiot?

I admire Fraser Anning’s restraint. I’d have smashed “eggboi” into the next postcode.

195. DrBeauGan

I won’t be doing anything until I have them all “pegged”.

You’re a sad bugger, MV.

196. Sinclair Davidson

MV – please let it go. Celebrate Marilyn’s memory. Don’t let anger consume you.

I knew it would be on when someone mentioned that blue floral dress.

It’s been pegged out to dry?

198. Oh, it’s the same, Socrates. By “being pegged” I mean I know his real identity, address etc.
    I’m working on identifying the others now.
    I won’t be doing anything until I have them all “pegged”.

We all very well know what you meant.
    There’s three or four cats I could locate IRL in about 10 minutes. If I set my mind to it.
    There’s more who would take a few days to find.
    To what end? It’s not that sort of blog.

The Japs like to conflate Christian festivals.

St Nick’s on the cross?

Easter Bunny on the cross?

What Doomy said, MV. Life’s too short.

202. Armadillo

It’s been pegged out to dry?

Police storage evidence bag. No one will know the truth of that night.

203. feelthebern

Are we doxing people now?

204. Armadillo

It might have well as been burnt on a bonfire with the cannabis plants.

205. Ffs MV, you’ve got real enemies.
    Focus on those arseholes.
    Don’t worry about a few people on a blog who’re pissed off at you for chatting up the cheerleader they had their eye on.

No one will know the truth of that night.

A carafe and a giraffe and a blue floral dress?

207. Armadillo

Are we doxing people now?

I know who Sinc is. Unless he hands over $10K, I’m gunna “out him”.

208. duncanm

For fauxfacts no less.. What big business won’t say publicly about a Labor win

They realise the risks of raising their heads above the parapet are immense and the best course of action is to keep a low profile.

One high-profile captain of industry who had been outspoken about Labor policies when it was last in office said the companies he was involved with were targeted. He now voices his concerns behind the veil of anonymity.

209. feelthebern

The Cat has cheerleaders?
    Please tell me more.
    Seriously, Ive just scanned the thread & dont really know whats happening.

210. Steve trickler

Rapunzel popped into my head after seeing Kaitlin Bennett and her hair.

It had to be said, ladies and gents. ( :

She’s a good journo.

211. Sinclair Davidson

No. We are not doxing people here.

212. feelthebern

For a joyous time of year, people sure are ornery.

213. Nick

For a joyous time of year, people sure are ornery.

I’m sure an Asian girl once told me I made her ornery.

214. Notafan

Dillo, looks like your theory has been thoroughly demolished.

Guardian site doing ‘live’ updates.

I’m dumbfounded that if they knew about credible threats ten days ago this has still unfolded

Death toll now 207

three police killed raiding flats where there were attackers

215. Armadillo

No. We are not doxing people here

The banner at the top of the page makes that pretty clear.

216. feelthebern

Death toll now 207

4 times Christchurch.

217. John Constantine

Warner currently leading runscorer in this years Indian t20.

Maxwell takes his maiden first class five-for, bowling in county cricket at Lords, earning a million dollars less.

Knuckle Dragger grits his teeth real hard.

218. Notafan

Sri Lanka must now ban guns.

If you click through the guardian article to the Macau one, there is more details of the death of the three police.

219. Memoryvault

Thanks, Doomlord.
    I’ve got this other laptop up and running now, and have received Bushkid’s email.

As to the other matter, you might try explaining it to Armadillo, who still thinks it’s all a huge joke. Or did you miss his subsequent comments, including the one just above, after yours?

And as for doxxing here, you seemed to have no trouble when JC doxxed me some months ago.
    What’s the difference?

However, in the interests of blog peace and harmony, I will let it go – for now.
    It’s time for my evening Henri Wintermans “Longs” anyway.

Some things are almost as important as vengeance. And more enjoyable.

220. Armadillo

Dillo, looks like your theory has been thoroughly demolished

I can only see military dudes in uniforms pointing guns. My theory lives until its squashed in overwhelming evidence. I cling to hope.

221. Bushkid

Sinclair Davidson
    #2994040, posted on April 21, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Many thanks.

It’s time for my evening Henri Wintermans “Longs” anyway

Mate, just let it go. You’ve been through Hell, you don’t need this shit.

223. Sinclair Davidson

MV – I told JC off for that.

224. JohnJJJ

“The bombings are a military style operation. Nothing to do with the “M” population”
    Islam has been an issue for years, smouldering – look at the riots in Ampara and Kandy last year. As to military style – there were quite a few ISIS fighters from Sir Lanka. These were bombings not coordinated shootings. As shown in many bomb attacks by Islamists, it doesn’t take much.

225. Memoryvault

MV – I told JC off for that.

Fair enough, Sinc.
    And when the time comes, you can tell me off too.

226. DrBeauGan

If you come and execute your vengeance by shouting at me MV, I shall offer you a cigar. Much better than Henry Wintermans.

Wear your long black dress with the gold embroidery on the hem, sleeves and collar, so I’ll be able to recognise you.

227. Memoryvault

Bushkid,
    I now have your email, but I’m a bit ragged.
    I’ll write in the morning when I’m feeling more sprightly.
    If that’s okay.

228. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

her minge

minge (mĭnj) n. Chiefly British Vulgar Slang The vulva.

Nick, you were a pathetic idiot saying that. That’s all. It was rude and uncalled for.
    Similarly, Elle was a pathetic idiot to find it funny. Shows juvenile lack of judgement.
    She then went OTT to attack me personally. Strange, given how much support I had given her here and in emails. Nick then went on to comment, without one shred of evidence, that I was betraying Elle’s trust which he implied was par for the course with me. Altogether, a rather nasty little duo of Nick and Elle emerging there. I guess they both have their reasons, deep in their characters. I think that Nick is off the planet about me; his problem. And that Elle is trying desperately, inchoately, to ‘fit in’; she’ll work it out eventually.

The content of emails between people on this site are not for revealing on this site. A Cardinal Rule for me, and I suspect for Sinc, which I was making quite clear in the clip of my comment mh has quoted above – mh showing a certain level of exasperation – not warranted, as this is a very serious topic for this site. Quite a few people email each other and mention the existence of emails, but never the content of them unless agreed by both parties. Sinc helps and encourages that exchange.

Another very important black letter Rule, which Sinc absolutely insists upon, is no releasing on Catallaxy (and elsewhere I guess it might be reasonable to expect) of personal details trusted to others in IRL meet-ups, and no hunting down Cat commenters in various ways for personal data that will allow unwanted contact or IRL harassment, or to put it less kindly, stalking of others.

I’d prefer to have my battles here, on this battleground, en plein vue.
    And get my retaliation in here too. Early, if I see the attack coming. 🙂

229. Gab

So many drama queens on the one blog.

And then there’s the females …

Sinclair

Just to be clear. I emailed you to note that I had made a mistake in posting the canute’s name as soon as I became aware of it. Additionally, there’s no technical doxxing because the sack of shit has several times posted websites that are about him and carry his name. In fact, he’s encouraged us to, to bignote. It’s all a big act. Don’t fall into his insanity vortex. Doc is correct, the dickhead is just not right in the head and should be avoided.

231. Sinclair Davidson

JC – to be clear I told you it was wrong. Did I not?

232. Gab

Unfortunate timing of posting, Lizzie on my part.

233. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I now have your email, but I’m a bit ragged.
    I’ll write in the morning when I’m feeling more sprightly.

A good night’s sleep always helps, MV. Sleep well.
    Memories of Marilyn are still painful when revisited as here tonight. We know that.

234. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

So many drama queens on the one blog.
    And then there’s the females …

This is classic Gab. And I love her for it. xxx

235. Leo G

Surely the crew members of the HL Hunley are more deserving of the dubious distinction than Ignacy Hryniewieck, who threw a bomb which killed Tsar Alexander II of Russia on 13th March 1881 and who died during a police interrogation about 8 hours later.
    The Huntley crew on the other hand must have known they would be killed by the detonation of the explosive harpoon while the vessel was adjacent to USS Housatonic in Charleston Harbor on 17 February 1864.

236. Steve trickler

I am so happy people are revisiting footage tucked away on their SD cards.

237. Memoryvault

Mate, just let it go.

What! And have it drop on the floor?
    Cigars are too expensive for that these days Zulu.
    And too enjoyable.