Open Forum: June 22, 2019

3,006 Responses to Open Forum: June 22, 2019

1 5 6 7 8 9 13

OCO

At the very least, if he wins a huge payday, he should undertake to repay the donors.

2. Nick

3. Knuckle Dragger

FTB,

This has stupid chick cop written all over it. There was no way on earth she had grounds for a search, let alone a strip search (albeit back at the station) and at the risk of trusting what’s in the papers she should have had to pay the costs personally as she wasn’t acting in good faith.

Rather, she was acting like an officious tart who made something out of nothing. Unnecessarily. Again.

4. Cassie of Sydney

“Nick
    #3050688, posted on June 23, 2019 at 8:55 pm
    The Folau robs money from sick kiddies line is from the same playbook that said the SSM plebiscite should be withdrawn owing to the cost.”

Yep…and remember the bullshit that going ahead with a SSM plebiscite will make more LGTBQIRSSUVW teens commit suicide. All fucking bullshit.

5. Boambee John

Anyone interested in a good stoush about climate change, hop over to donaitkin.com. A new poster named Richard is schooling the two resident true believers in science.

PS, if you post, it might take a while to appear. Don is not in the full flush of youth, and might not get around to moderating your comments until the morning.

6. feelthebern

Look like half the stadium has gone home.

The chaps in Perth forgot to put a roof on the new stadium.

Idiots.

But the coloured lighting is ace.

8. Frank Walker from National Tiles

That was good Bruce.

Folau is right to panhandle. If the public want to get behind his cause, then so be it.

It is more authentic than QANTAS or Telstra reminding me how much I love my family.

FFS.

9. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Have Ricardo and Custard taken over the Aus. Cons. yet?

Battle reports please gentlemen.

10. Frank Walker from National Tiles

None
    #3050654, posted on June 23, 2019 at 8:18 pm

???

You don’t call women “skanks” because they disagree with you politically.

Do you call a woman a “slut” because she has different views on Senate voting or the monarchy? Really, a lot more people care if we are a monarchy or not than if a religious guy can gob off as he pleases (sadly perhaps).

Then again, you’ve called normal men with normal urges p-dos and conservative Catholics here (rather bizarrely) “anti-cementities” (viz, *anti-care-bear*).

11. Gab

Only if that was a condition of donating to his fund. Otherwise no.

12. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Pope Pius XII also seriously considered at least thrice and may have once conspired to actually wipe Adolf from the earthly realm…taking the keys of St Peter in a literal and most grave sense.

Cue idiots* “he’s a Nayzee!”!

*Pussyhats typically, and an unhealthy love of fantasist loon Margaret Atwood.

Gab

He should have made it so and still has time to do so.

Folau is right to panhandle.

Insulting to say it’s panhandling Dot. You are a lawyer, you know how much it costs.
    RA and Qantas appear to want to ruin Folau with lawfare.
    Gofundme is the counterattack.
    Joyce and Castle must be shitting actual concrete bollards about now.

15. Frank Walker from National Tiles

We are all panhandlers now. My point is there is no shame in at all, it proves the public supports him. I guess my tone was not received. [A lot of people think sales is dirty too until they do it or otherwise own their own business].

It lends credibility to his cause. That’s the real point.

100 days until the RWC and Rugby Australia is…basically handing Bill back to the Shaky Isles again because they prioritise like teenagers with a credit card and no job!

This is why I support Ireland (and Wales).

16. Gab

That’s a moral issue, JC and on those grounds, yes he should return the money, however, people are donating to his cause out of their own free will with no expectation of a refund and thus he doesn’t have to pay the money back should he win big.

17. None

People who are questioning Folau’s motives in soliciting donations to fight his court case seem to be unaware of the cost of this kind of legal action. I guess he’s worth a couple of million? The guy could liquidate everything he owns, spend it all on putting up a good fight, and still run out of money before a decision is made.

do you think he would even get a fair market price for anything he tries to sell now? That’s not going to the fact that some of these assets could be in joint names and he can’t say anything without the permission of all owners. I can’t remember who pointed this out but it is true: he is taking the Trump route and protecting against losing and having to pay all costs including RA’s.. He’s covering the losses which is smart. Those donating whether it’s $5 or $500, or get a fabulous non-monetary return if he wins.

18. Cassie of Sydney

“Frank Walker from National Tiles
    #3050703, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:13 pm

Who made you Chief Censor?

So we have a situation where Liz Ellis is now trying to whip up a mob to go after Maria Falau….for what you may ask….well Maria Folau’s crime is that she is supporting her husband….so you know what Pope Frank….I think the label “skank” to describe Ellis is quite mild.

19. Gab

I’m soooo over this Israel issue.

20. Thanks Old Bloke.

To fight the loneliness I toyed with getting one of those lifelike silicone love dolls, but settled on adopting a cat that was about to become homeless instead. He’s the biggest, boofiest, clumsiest cat I’ve ever seen (and Marilyn and I had quite a few), but apart from three major lap cuddles, and six main meals a day, plus half the camp stretcher at night, he’s okay. Not demanding at all, really.

Look, squirrels!
    Ok not squirrels.
    But they’re furry.
    It’s dinner time!

22. A reader

I’ve started blocking anyone on twitter with a teardrop, rainbow or poove flag in their name. It’s made life much nicer

23. feelthebern

I was chatting to a vet yesterday.
    Cat obesity is a big issue in Sydney.

24. None

Dot I don’t usually respond to idiots like you but I certainly will refer to women whom I know in contexts which you know nothing about in any way I choose to. Also, I haven’t forgotten your f****** lies about women, sunshine. Now, go f*** yourself.

25. Tintarella di Luna

It’s a good demonstration of the problems with Li ion batteries that my small elderly camera is now lasting only two or three photos with flash before it goes *ack* and dies of electron shortage. I must buy another one.

27. None

JC, you’re such a tight wad. We get it. Now I’m hoping Izzy will pocket millions and millions just to shit you off even more.

28. Knuckle Dragger

Oh good.

Mark Robinson is, by his own admission, ‘staggered’ that Hawthorn fans disapproved of the players having anything to do with the no. 37 while running out to play the Swans this weekend.

The remaining scales have fallen from my eyes, and I have yet to finish walking the road to Damascus.

29. Frank Walker from National Tiles

My lies about wahmen.

Yep, Emily Ratajkowski does not look at all like a child.

When will the lying ever stop?

#timesup

30. None

Oh great get, Tinta. I almost wish I had a Twitter account. I could have plenty of fun with that.

31. Frank Walker from National Tiles

feelthebern
    #3050718, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:28 pm
    I was chatting to a vet yesterday.
    Cat obesity is a big issue in Sydney.

You knew this was coming. Cat is probably well and truly dead by now.

32. Cassie of Sydney

“Tintarella di Luna
    #3050720, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:29 pm

Just interested? Is Poyrat Pete saying this? If so his hypocrisy is beyond belief — remember this is the man who charged a children’s cancer charity $8000, drank other people’s red wine and acted like a boor —”

Yep…and if we had half decent journalists in this country…..they would enjoy remind the buffoon Poyrat what a fucking hypocrite he is.

Boambee John

#3050693, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:01 pm

My old mates Richard Courtney and spangled drongo can handle anything any alarmist throws at them. Say hi to them for me. As you say Don runs a good site but the wait between comments gets a bit frustrating.

34. Knuckle Dragger

Whoever invented hot cross bun flavoured ice cream should be knighted.

No chick could have thought of this.

35. feelthebern

Cassie, the ladies of the Cat don’t curse.

36. Frank Walker from National Tiles

I think the label “skank” to describe Ellis is quite mild.

How about “fucking idiot”?

Women are always more harsh to each other than men are to each other and towards women.

I bang on about this but the sagely Gene Simmons said this back in 1988 in The Downfall of Civilisation Part II: The Metal Years.

A great cautionary tale for young people.

37. Cassie of Sydney

“feelthebern
    #3050731, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:35 pm
    Cassie, the ladies of the Cat don’t curse.”

This lady does.

38. None

Stop press: Juvenile obese middle -aged man with no hair and no life wails when called out for oggling women half his age who also look like prepubescent girls. Pictures at 11.

39. areff

well this is a first. Don’t believe I’ve ever hopped into bed with all the happy Cat-a-mites, but here we are. It is bitterly, bitterly cold in the Sodom of the South, colder than any recent winter I can recall. No doubt we’ll learn that it was the hottest since Captain Cook poisoned all the Aborigines.

Jeez, but the world is rooted.

Dot – My possums have more intellectual ability than Emily.
    Amy Schumer and Emily Ratajkowski were arrested in Kavanaugh protests (5 Oct)
    You have to be seriously deficient to (a) believe Blasey Ford and (b) hang around with Amy Schumer.

41. Cassie of Sydney

“Frank Walker from National Tiles
    #3050732, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:37 pm”

So Mr Morality….what would you call skank Ellis…she who is now drumming up a vicious campaign against Maria Folau?

42. Frank Walker from National Tiles

I am not Stimpy.

Anyone who thinks that Emily Rata..kjkvhj looks like a “pre-pubescent girl” is a few shots short of a second bottle of metho…and no, having a tic tac before you drink floor polish doesn’t make it Creme de Menthe.

43. Knuckle Dragger

Oh no.

Emily – how COULD you?

It’s over. I’m sorry, but it’s over. It’s not me. It’s you.

44. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Bruce. You’re a smart guy. Tell me the demographics of who believed Christine Blasey Ford.

45. struth

How are you going dot?
    Trying to fight hysteria with a solitary sword?
    It’s too easy.
    You’re just taking them too seriously.

Thirty year old ladies with brains of 14 year olds.

47. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Cassie

You’re not going to take advice from me now on how to win an argument now that we are in an argument.

Anyway, unwarranted calumny gives your opponent moral ammunition.

48. struth

All you women get back in the bloody kitchen now.
    I’ll have a nice bit of chocolate pudding and ice cream.
    No make it just straight cream.
    And wbipped.

49. None

I am not Stimpy.

Indeed not. Stimpy managed to pull a woman once in his life. You’re too ugly even for piggers.

50. Frank Walker from National Tiles

That was very diplomatic Bruce. Well played.

Rarely you see escalation done like that on the Cat!

51. struth

I also need a couple of shirts ironed.
    That’s women’s work.
    What the bloody hell am I doing it for?
    Good lord the world’s gone bloody nuts.

52. Cassie of Sydney

“Frank Walker from National Tiles
    #3050744, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:47 pm

Anyway, unwarranted calumny gives your opponent moral ammunition.”

Such smug superiority.

53. Boambee John

struth wants to be whipped after dessert?

Oh, sorry, missed a line!

Dot – You left your middle stump wide open, so I just bowled straight.

55. Stimpson J. Cat

I’ve finished work so I’m not here.
    You tell that spicy tamale Dot!
    No more Latina lies on the Cat!

56. Some History

Just interested? Is Poyrat Pete saying this?

Peter FitzSimons and Liz Ellis unload on Israel Folau

‘Not good enough’: Ellis slams netball’s stance on Maria Folau support of husband

57. Cassie of Sydney

“Boambee John
    #3050750, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:52 pm
    struth wants to be whipped after dessert?”

You better pass that by the moral’s police…..aka Pope Frank

58. mh

Qld got smashed.

Cherry Evans was smiling after the game. I don’t think Cherry gets Origin.

59. Cassie of Sydney

““Yeah nah not good enough,” Ellis wrote. “How about this: There is no room for homophobia in our game. Anyone who is seen to support or endorse homophobia is not welcome. As much as I love watching Maria Folau play netball, I do not want my sport endorsing the views of her husband.””

As I said….skank is too kind and complimentary.

60. struth

Actually a nice glass of red with a cheese platter would be fantasamistic right now.
    None, I’d make you do it but you’d just poison me you evil wench.
    Some cheds crackers will suffice and a nice earthy red.
    Maybe some dark chocolate to finish off.

61. mh

I notice Cats have been arguing over Emily Ratajkowski.

Can both sides make their arguments with pictures, please.

62. Some History

Peter FitzSimons has blasted sacked Wallabies star Israel Folau for crowdfunding money to pay his legal fees in his ongoing battle with Rugby Australia.
    The former rugby champion said Folau lost the support of Australia when he started a GoFundMe page to raise $3million.
    Mr FitzSimons said the popular crowdfunding website was for worthy causes such as expensive medical bills.

63. feelthebern

FFS while I was wasting my time watching Origin, Raising Arizona was on fox.

I’m sad Liz Ellis has decided to do this thing.
    She had been a fine ambassador for netball.
    It’s the sign of the times that Christianity causes brain explosions like Trump does.

65. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Cassie of Sydney
    #3050749, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:52 pm
    “Frank Walker from National Tiles
    #3050744, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:47 pm

Anyway, unwarranted calumny gives your opponent moral ammunition.”

Such smug superiority.

This is not about “argument”, this is about persuasion. You can get as angry as you like that most people are swayed by emotion; but how are you going to convince (most) people that Liz Ellis is wrong by insulting her with what I presume is an (actually irrelevant) insult based on an untruth about her character?

66. Roberto

dover_beach

and that GoFundMe is within its rights to close the campaign because it has in its small print a right to deny a platform for the legal defense of ‘hate crimes’.

I don’t see how that particular right is of any relevance. The putative legal action will be Folau v Rugby Australia, presumably alleging breach of contract and/or unfair dismissal. If so:

– there’s no hate crime involved; and
    – Folau will be the plaintiff. It will be RA defending.

67. Tintarella di Luna

All you women get back in the bloody kitchen now.

As I told the Big Boy who’s coming signing for toast – Kitchen’s closed

68. a reader

Sue Gaudion started off this netball hysteria a couple of days ago by putting editorial in a tweet to support a gofundme account to help the father of NSW Swifts Goal Shooter Sam Wallace who hails from Trinidad and Tobago. Gaudion could have just linked to the page but no she had to take a swipe at the Folaus in the process.

Fortunately Netball Australia and Netball SA are largely resistant to the whims of the media classes-they got burned pretty badly when they allowed Bill Shorten to use an international match as a Labor rally and learnt the hard way.

(Gaudion is along with Ellis, 9’s main netball commentator).

69. Knuckle Dragger

Yes, Poida. Mr Folau has indeed lost the support of Australians.

To the tune of $700K so far.

None

You’re hallucinating again. My least attractive feature is envy. I’m perfectly content with the little I possess.

71. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Back to my Cat video.

This is what we use our boundless intellect, industry, and technology to achieve. Underwater treadmills to rehabilitate obese cats.

Truly, this is a great time to be alive.

Good lord. It is like IT is commenting there!

72. Tintarella di Luna

Loosen the bandana Pete your brain’s starve of oxygen

73. Cassie of Sydney

“Frank Walker from National Tiles
    #3050763, posted on June 23, 2019 at 10:00 pm”

Your smug pomposity is tedious.

74. a reader

Bruce of Newcastle:
    I always held her in high esteem until this year. Her support of Shorten was ridiculous but people are allowed to have different political opinions, as daft as they may be. But this character assassination she’s been a part of on Sports Sunday has really made me lose the respect I had. Better off to just let it go.

75. struth

Can I at least put an order in for a bowl of bloody ice cream?
    With chocolate topping.
    Come on girls, get to it, you know you want to.

76. Knuckle Dragger

struth,

Hot cross bun flavour.

You won’t look back.

77. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Change my mind Cassie

How are you going to convince some of the people who retweeted Liz Ellis that the ARU and Ellis are wrong?

I’ll agree you can call someone an idiot…demented even…ill informed…a stupid f*^&er maybe even to rile some of them up and think about it.

I am at a loss as to how calling a woman a skank is even a relevant insult or convincing.

I’m perfectly content with the little I possess.

Which includes, according to you, your pert little arse which you owe me a photo of decked out in your sequins. So get to it.

79. struth

Bloody hell.
    Ok .
    I’ll have a cup of tea with milk and one sugar.
    I command it wenches.
    Please.
    Aw cmon………you’re making me look bad in front of me mates.

80. Tintarella di Luna

Come on girls, get to it, you know you want to.

It’s after 9pm

81. Knuckle Dragger

If Raelene Castle were female, she’d be a skank.

In its own way, it could easily be seen as a compliment.

To other skanks.

82. None

Liz Ellis has never been a fine ambassador for netball. She’s been a loudmouth two-faced self-centered skank both literally and figuratively. I’m glad the public is starting to see her for what she really is.

83. None

My least attractive feature is envy.

you got that right JC.

84. Tintarella di Luna

Bloody hell.
    Ok .
    I’ll have a cup of tea with milk and one sugar.
    I command it wenches.
    Please.
    Aw cmon………you’re making me look bad in front of me mates.

Here you go and I even threw in a biscuit

“Contact – Wait Out – A Vietnam Diary” by Bruce Ravenscroft, makes interesting reading. The author was a private in 5 Section, 5 Platoon, B Company, of Seventh Battalion on their second tour of the “Fun Factory.” He’s embarking at Garden Island.

“There’s women from the Save Our Sons movement too, protesting from ignorance. Like many others, they believe Nashos are forced to fight against their will, but this is not the case. I can’t speak for other Corps, but in Infantry no – one, who is not willing is sent to the front line. We think too much of our own skin and the hesitation of someone who’s not properly prepared and willing to be there can cost us our lives. Anyway, it’s only a small percentage of us who’ll be actually fighting – there’s plenty of jobs to be done at base camps, and the vast majority of conscripted men will be pogos (sic). ” Page 22. Good reading.

86. Tintarella di Luna

And struth be careful with the fine china it’s a set I got for a wedding present.

87. mh

North Korea leader receives ‘excellent’ letter from Trump

SEOUL, South Korea – President Donald Trump sent North Korean leader Kim Jong Un an “excellent” letter, the North’s state-run news agency reported Sunday, quoting Kim as saying he would “seriously contemplate it.”

The White House declined to confirm that Trump had sent a letter to Kim.

It comes as nuclear talks between the U.S. and North Korea broke down after the failed summit between Kim and Trump in February in Vietnam…

88. None

If Raelene Castle is not a woman knuckledragger, I can only be a win and a relief for all other women.

89. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Welp, if you’re a wahmen, don’t get on the wrong side of None.

I bang on about this but

The respect the blokes have for women here is immense.

This is how much we respect women.

90. struth

You’re a good woman Tinta.
    I can tell the need to serve and satisfy a man is strong in you.
    You cannot help but reply to my calls for sustenance.
    You would be one of the happiest and most well adjusted women on this blog.
    Women like you are a treasure who will receive from their men as much, at least, as they give.
    So howabout a bit of warmed bread and butter pud after that nice wrap?

91. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Fair enough.

Skank can mean low class. I don’t think that is what most people think when they hear it.

It certainly isn’t a Chinese Warlord Mistresses’ first name.

92. Knuckle Dragger

I am now the world’s softest touch.

For the first time, I’ve put an old towel as a blanket over my old Staffy curled on her bed.

Bitch.

93. None

$5

WRONG HOLE JOEL CREASY

4 mins ago

I think that’s the regular $5 donor. S/he seems to be having way too much fun.

94. Frank Walker from National Tiles

It seems that Stan Lee was an avid reader of The Cat!

95. duncanm

Sometimes twitter is funny.

#MABA – Make Alexandria Bartend Again

96. Knuckle Dragger

Zulu,

That little snippet is enlightening on so many levels.

Greatly appreciated.

97. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Well, Trump DID play this very well.

Consider the context of the media outlet and the coverage they are giving it.

98. feelthebern

If you let your dog sleep on your bed, you’ll have a hot water bottle that never goes cold.

99. None

You’ll be buying a cat next knuckles.

100. feelthebern

Jimmy Dore on the latest Iran situation.

101. Tintarella di Luna

You’re a good woman Tinta.
    So howabout a bit of warmed bread and butter pud after that nice wrap?

Sorry struth everyone in this family is on a diet so bread and butter pud is banned until Spring – but thanks for the compliments I’ll show the Sunbather what compliments look like in the morning he’s gone nigh-nighs now after having returned from a Boys Watching the State of Oranges Bonding evening

102. Knuckle Dragger

No cats. Zero goddamn cats.

Funnily enough, I was going to post a link to a NT News article about a 7/11 punter here that went into one of the animal shelters adopted a cat every week for six weeks. The volunteers there had given them names like Mittens and so on.

He was practicing taxidermy at home.

But I didn’t post it because as much as I hate the bloody thing, MV seems quite fond of his.

103. struth

Oh some fine state of affairs this is.

I DEMAND A GLASS OF WATER!!!!

104. Knuckle Dragger

She’s an outside pooch ftb.

Has been ever since she developed the habit of sneaking onto the leather couch at night and settling down, but not before scratching the shit out of it.

Anyway, if I let her sleep on the bed now she’ll expect it all the time. And she farts like a New Zealand bush horse.

Greatly appreciated.

Interesting reading, considering the unit involved.

106. None

He was practicing taxidermy at home

oh gosh that’s gold.

107. struth

KD, your dog farts because you feed it.
    If you relied on the catallaxy women to feed it , it would never fart again.

108. feelthebern

Bill Burr takes the piss out of the golden globes.

109. None

How hilarious I’ve only just realised that Raelene Castle’s Twitter profile includes the statement that she “loves a good debate”. She has barely got any followers either.
    I also didn’t realise that she used to be in charge of netball New Zealand a few years back and this is starting to make me think that she may be ultimately behind the Liz Ellis bulls hit. It’s not as if Castle understands marriage.

110. Knuckle Dragger

Great Burr clip.

‘Ermagerd, ermagerd, ermagerd, ah have no speech ready…..’

111. None

City of Sydney set to vote on ‘climate emergency’

COUNCILLOR’S MOTION The City of Sydney Council is expected to declare a “climate emergency”, with one independent councillor aligned with Lord Mayor Clover Moore saying she was inspired by students who walked out of class to protest earlier this year.

2h

this is just a pretext for seizing assets or stopping you from using your car or forcing you to live in boxes. Sydney people are sleepwalking. State government should just simply abolish councils.

112. feelthebern

Liz Ellis only has her Channel nine pay check.
    Hence the singing off the Channel nine song sheet.

113. Knuckle Dragger

Saffies copping it from the 7/11 guys like an unlubed RA from Folau.

114. Infidel Tiger

First ever SOO tonight.

Extremely impressive spectacle.

115. Steve trickler

Bill Burr.

Memories. Vision kicks in after a minute or so.

116. MV seems quite fond of his.

I’ve shared my life with cats, and dogs, as far back as I can remember, Knuckles.
    I remember a dog named Dusty from when I was six, and a big ginger tom from when I was eight.
    Marilyn had a similar childhood.
    Currently I’m on the lookout for an old dog – maybe a Labrador or similar, to complete a trio.
    In the meantime Gingi is great company, even if he does hog half the camp stretcher.

117. Knuckle Dragger

Good work MV.

Glad I didn’t post all the other detail in that article then. Defo TMI.

118. EvilElvis

Evening all. Has Arky returned yet?

Should we start a GoFundMe to draw him back in?…

119. Crossie

I am amazed at how huge the Israel Folau thing has become. Every atheist in the media is out there checking Izzy’s quotes against the Bible and offering sermons to us ignorant Christians. They all seem to have graduated from the Madonna Madame X school of divinity which teaches that Jesus would approve of abortion so obviously he is all for the LBGQWERTY brigade.

120. amortiser

If he wins the case he should return the donations. It would be the ethical thing to do.

He should consider donating the funds to a “Gay Conversion” charity.

Always escalate!!!!

The archival material will be available from March next year.

None, will you kindly cut out the archives being opened bullshit.
    We already know the whole story.
    Pius XII saved thousands of J–wz. That’s historical fact.
    The origins of the Pius=Nazi lie were a Kremlin operation to link him to the Holocaust, a famous play called The Deputy (authored by the KGB) and Western leftists eager to smear Catholicism.

memoryvault
    #3050419, posted on June 23, 2019 at 5:06 pm

Stimpy, None,

I loves ya both, but please, give it away now, or go get a room.
    It’s getting very boring.

It was b…y boring hours ago as I went through the thread after work.

None is None, but Stimpy is clearly off his game today, not even funny on the level of mh
    (sorry mh)

123. None

I posted the link to the Vatican news item about the Pius XII archives. If you want to tell me that the Vatican news publishers b******* you are welcome to do so C.L.. I have repeatedly stated that the Israeli museum is under no obligation to change anything because you’re unhappy about it. The curators have every right to examine any claim for themselves and to satisfy themselves in any way they see fit. It is quite clear from Vatican press reports that one of the reasons Frances is opening the Pius XII archive early is in response to requests by The Very museum that you denigrate. And he probably would have opened it even earlier if it wasn’t for the fact that archive had to first catalogue and scan all the material. Clearly the Vatican is less concerned than you are and it’s not so quick to judge an entire people on the basis of your assessment and impatience. If only you spent as much energy in catechizing your own then perhaps we wouldn’t be inflicted with half baked calumnist fuckwits like Kristina Keneally and brothel creeping commies like Albanese and psychosexual deviants like Dan Andrews and sodomy fetishits like Malcolm Turnbull. As Jordan Peterson is wont to say: clean your room.

124. Who won the State of Origin tonight?
    Does anybody know?
    Does anybody care?

Jeez Louise

New investigative documents released by a state agency have given fresh life to lingering questions about the marital history of Rep. Ilhan Omar and whether she once married a man — possibly her own brother — to skirt immigration laws.

126. MatrixTransform

I posted the link to the Vatican news item about the Pius XII … blah blah blah … clean your room.

thats like 48 hrs of catholic hours in one weekend

memoryvault
    #3050831, posted on June 23, 2019 at 11:22 pm

Evening Mark.

Evening MV.

A lot on this thread tonight I would /could comment on but my common sense tells me to refrain.
    Would do no good and just cause endless argument one can never win.

I see the usual people still twist and verbal, so what’s new?

128. Confused Old Misfit

I would bet (and I am not a betting man) that Folau, if he is not obligated to return the donations, will donate any remaining funds to a charity.

It will no doubt be, horror of horrors, a CHRISTIAN charity.

129. Tintarella di Luna

Izzy Fund up to $739,000 appears to be jumping $1000 every 10 minutes — thanks to the Bugmen class which has mobilised the Sick to the Back teeth of Bugmen Class

130. Liz Ellis’ outburst would have to be responsible for at least $100,000 in donations to Izzy

131. Steve trickler

Sleep well, Ladies and Gents of the Cat.

132. MatrixTransform

if the Folaus are lucky, it has crossed the Pacific.

133. If it crosses the Pacific, you can just move the decimal point two places to the right.

134. so what’s new?

New? At the Cat?
    You’ve got to be kidding.

Most days the most exciting thing that happens around here is the page turns.
    Sometimes we even have countdowns to them.

135. Confused Old Misfit

MV:

I’m sure you’ve checked these out. But in case you haven’t…

136. Stimpson J. Cat

(sorry mh)

I just get irritated by loudmouthed Dopey Women with no skin in the game.
    I forget that people can genuinely be that stupid.
    It constantly suprises me.
    I always assume everyone is smarter than me.
    It’s very disappointing.

137. Bruce in WA

After 41 years together, it was a tough time.

Every time you post, I think of this and reconsider my (our) own life. My wife is (a few years) older than I am. If I lost her … I don’t know that I could be as strong as you.

Just saying’ … and this year is 41 years together

138. None

Yes an intrepid analyst would be mapping not just the donations per hour but correlating them with every bit of fuckwittery pushed out by the media. I think Liz Ellis attackING Maria Folau and then running off on holidays with her family probably is one of the lowest dog acts I’ve seen but then anyone who knows Liz Ellis knows that she’s a dog. You can guarantee there’s some behind the scenes blood in there too because Liz Ellis fancies herself in all sorts of ways but that’s an opinion that’s not widely shared in netball community.

139. dover_beach

thats like 48 hrs of catholic hours in one weekend

Let’s make it 72 hrs, but who’s counting.

140. Stimpson J. Cat

Also the very idea of C.L. being an Anti-Semite,
    I mean seriously.
    Come on Catallaxy.
    For f$cks sake.
    Stay classy.

141. None

I think the Blues won Origin tonight MV.

142. Bruce in WA

Sorry, Cats, shouldn’t be posting tonight because for some unknown reason one of my herniated discs has decided it’s going to remind me it’s there. Straight ahead, not too bad. Left or right > 10 degrees and the pain is blinding.

Sadly, I have only 2 Panadeine Forte left, so …

143. a reader

The irritating thing about all of this None is that all I wanted to do today was see my team win. Amazingly, despite the bullshit Folau played really well. Squibbed a chance for her team to win-this much is true-but I’m sick of politics invading everything.

144. MatrixTransform

but who’s counting.

counting …hmmm… I cant get from the kitchen to the lounge without some version of Mary frowning at me because of the whiskey.

145. None

I just get irritated by loudmouthed Dopey Women with no skin in the game.

What game is that Stimpy? The game you gave away because what? You couldn’t bring yourself to believe anymore or because you just wanted to do it “my way”? Looks like it’s worked out swimmingly for you hasn’t it?

146. Stimpson J. Cat

Go to bed Old Girl.
    Give it a rest.

147. I think the Blues won Origin tonight MV.

Are they the Queenslanders or the New South Welshmen?

148. None

Agree reader. And it may get worse for a while before it gets better but this is a golden opportunity to push back. If we want to get politics out of everything particularly sport we really have to push back hard.

149. dover_beach

Panadeine Forte

That stuff is brilliant. Too bad you can’t get it over the counter anymore.

150. None

I’m still at work Stimpy.

151. Stimpson J. Cat

I’m still at work Stimpy.

Ssssh……
    You are getting very sleepy.

152. Thanks Misfit.
    I’ll follow your leads up on the morrow.
    But Sydney is a long way away.

153. Mitch M.

Most days the most exciting thing that happens around here is the page turns.
    Sometimes we even have countdowns to them.

That’s why I’m largely absence. I don’t see the point of the petty interpersonal bickering and the endless discussions about a single topic.

154. Confused Old Misfit

I’ll follow your leads up on the morrow.
    But Sydney is a long way away.

I have no idea where you are MV but that page may find you something close to you.
    I would bet that your local animal shelter, RSPCA, etc. have what you are looking for.

155. Stimpson J. Cat

Some people try to cure cancer,
    I try to cure Women’s stupidity.
    I have to keep trying.
    I won’t give up.
    If I can save just one Woman from saying something stupid, it will all be worthwhile.
    Because they are worth it.

156. Thanks None.
    I may have lived most of these past 30+ years in the eastern states, but at heart I’m a Sandgroper born and bred. To us rugby rates somewhere below spin the bottle as a contact team sport.

157. Or, to look at it from another perspective, they have some one who is looking for you!

hat’s how it’s usually worked for us, Misfit.
    I’m in SE QLD, but I’m going down to Sydney in October to ride the ferries.
    Who knows what might happen.

Some people try to cure cancer,
    I try to cure Women’s stupidity.
    I have to keep trying.
    I won’t give up.
    Because they are worth it.

You should give up, Stimson. As I’ve said in the past, the best way to deal with it is to adopt the very wise Roman view of sheilas. The Romans took the view that sheilas were perpetual minors and their laws etc reflected this.

159. None

On the other hand there’s absolutely no cure for stimpson stupidity. I mean what other creature on the face of the eaerth sees somebody mentioning Queen Isabella and then assume that means I’m Spanish. I don’t even know drugs that can make you that stupid. Formica is more intelligent than Stimpson.

160. MatrixTransform

Some people try to cure cancer,

How women think

161. None

Not quite right JC. In fact Roman women could even participate in public life.

162. None

Sandgropers have much in common with us MV.

163. Oh come on

Kickstarter is a weird phenomenon. Donors are like venture capitalists who get no return if the project succeeds.

164. Stimpson J. Cat

None
    #3050542, posted on June 23, 2019 at 6:55 pm
    and it is indeed true that the Christians of that time at first thought that muhameeeadism was a heresy

Sorry but I had to make several attempts to get that post passed the Spanish ATAR (=spaminator)

[No habla inglés?

Ha ha ha ha ha ja ha!!!]
    😂

165. None

That was me telling you what my autocorrect was saying Stimpson you dmmy. Yesterday it auto corrected spaminator to sperminator.

166. Steve trickler

This is good for nightmares.

167. I’ve seen Numbers and a couple of others completely derail a thread, but I would never have believed two people could bore one to death.

Congrats Stimpy and None, for achieving what I thought would be impossible.
    I’m going to bed.

168. None

Sorry MV. You will be back to the page turning tomorrow. Promise. Good night.

169. None

All under a liberal government.

Children’s sports clubs issued guidelines for transgender players

EXCLUSIVE Sporting clubs have been asked to adopt a series of new gender guidelines which would allow transgender children to compete against any sex they identify as and pressure clubs to pay for sanitary bins in both male and female bathrooms.

What do you call a gorilla wearing a red bandana?

171. amortiser

Children’s sports clubs issued guidelines for transgender players

EXCLUSIVE Sporting clubs have been asked to adopt a series of new gender guidelines which would allow transgender children to compete against any sex they identify as and pressure clubs to pay for sanitary bins in both male and female bathrooms.

I’d be willing to be that the clubs will be relieved that the Polynesian community is not into “transgender isn”.

I’m just waiting for the first legal actions to be launched against sports for what is a flagrant and foreseeable act of negligence resulting in serious injury.

The parents for girls confronted with transgender boys as their opponents should immediately withdraw their children from the games. A stand needs to be made.

Cat obesity is a big issue in Sydney.

Schrodinger’s going to need a bigger box for Catzilla.

feelthebern
    #3050731, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Cassie, the ladies of the Cat don’t curse.

You are missing a lot here aren’t you?
    The F word flying form the mouths’ of the kittehs’ at times is like buzzing flies.

Bruce of Newcastle
    #3050736, posted on June 23, 2019 at 9:39 pm

Dot – My possums have more intellectual ability than Emily.
    Amy Schumer and Emily Ratajkowski were arrested in Kavanaugh protests (5 Oct)

Pees me off that I have to use VPN every time I try to access some US sites, be it cartoons or like BoN’ link. Flaming EU regs.

Not quite right JC. In fact Roman women could even participate in public life.

I know, none. They even had Caesars Augustine and Julia Caesar.

176. None

Italian populist interior minister Matteo Salvini is refusing to allow migrant ferry operator Sea-Watch from landing in Italy, accusing them directly of human trafficking.

The Sea Watch-3 vessel continues to remain off the coast of the Italian island of Lampedusa and despite repeatedly asking to be able to land in Italy with 43 migrants on board, Salvini has continued to refuse entry, Il Giornale reports.

Salvini directly replied to the German-based NGO on Italian radio, saying, “Sea Watch does trafficking in human beings and doesn’t care about the rules,” adding that he would never permit the ship to land in Italy with migrants no matter the day.

Giorgia Linardi, a spokeswoman for the NGO, reacted to the populist party leader’s comments by complaining that Salvini’s recently passed migration and security decree prevents the “sacrosanct right” for their captain to dock at the port.

Germans who think they have a sacrosanct righr to other people’s ports for human trafficking purposes. Where we had that before?

177. classical_hero

The only good thing about Emily is that she has big tits, otherwise she’s unremarkable.

178. None

I know, none. They even had Caesars Augustine and Julia Caesar.

May as well have.

It’s an industry then. There are even ferries specializing in this business line.

But, but, just last week the left were complaining that Charlie Teo’s patients shouldn’t have to use GoFundMe.

Leigh Lowe
    #3050903, posted on June 24, 2019 at 2:57 am

Didn’t hear them complain about Egg-boy using it.

The rules change as the left feels.

Infidel Tiger

#3050815, posted on June 23, 2019 at 10:56 pm

First ever SOO tonight.

Extremely impressive spectacle.

Really?
    Better than sitting here watching the None and Stimpy show?
    Difficult to believe.

First ever SOO tonight.

I assume IT is referring to some sort of a bol l game?
    What an innocent life.

184. feelthebern

Flannerying so hard in Sydney it woke me up.

feelthebern

#3050908, posted on June 24, 2019 at 4:14 am

Flannerying so hard in Sydney it woke me up.

That’s probably just your apartment building cracking.

Johannes Leak — with an Oz Media Diary item about Q&A staff intimidating ABC MD David Anderson when he suggested the show needed more diversity of opinion.

Dean Alston (undated) — GST is always a sensitive issue in the west.

Leftard Peter Broelman raises two fingers at Izzy Folau.

Add Boris Johnson to the list of David Rowe’s derangements.

190. classical_hero

In honour of recent discussions.

$742,934 of $3.0M goal
    Raised by 9,826 people in 4 days

Israel Folau Legal Action Fund

$742,934 of $3.0M goal
    Raised by 9,826 people in 4 days

Children’s sports clubs issued guidelines for transgender players

Jack Houghton and Danielle Gusmaroli, The Daily Telegraph

June 23, 2019 11:53pm

The guidelines were contained in a document released earlier this month which was signed by Coalition of Major Professional and Participation Sports chair David Gallop, Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins and Sports Australia chief executive Kate Palmer.

If adopted, the changes would impact the nine million athletes across 16,000 clubs Mr Gallop represents, including cricket, rugby, football, netball and tennis.

David Gallop fired Alen Stajcic. Matildas ‘success’ ?

Tradies’ lifelong earnings higher than many university grads’
    Studying at university may seem like a wise career move but the reality is many graduates are finishing their degrees with a large HECS debt and losing out financially compared with school leavers who embarked on a trade.

Edward Boyd and Clare Armstrong, The Daily Telegraph
    June 23, 2019 10:55pm

The Daily Telegraph has compared the average career earnings of a person with a general bachelors degree with a tradesperson and found tradies compare favourably.

Figures from the federal government’s Job Outlook website show a machinist could earn $3.12 million over a 40-year career, an electrical distribution worker $3.02 million, an electrician $2.91 million and $2.38 million for a plumber.

Meanwhile a university-qualified advertising executive could earn $2.8 million over 40 years, a counsellor $2.76 million and a human resources manager could expect to earn $2.79 million.

Experts say with the steady proliferation of university qualified-job applicants, employers are instead more focused on people who are job-ready, have actual skills and an employment history.

Revelations of a pay gap between degree educated and tradie workers comes after the Productivity Commission released a report last week which found the Gillard government’s decision to create unlimited university positions saddled less capable students with debt and poor job prospects.

NSW Minister for Skills and Tertiary Education Geoff Lee said university education is not the most suitable option for everyone.

“For many highly paid jobs, vocational education and training is a better pathway to a successful career,” he said.

“People undertaking apprenticeships and traineeships, especially in construction, are in high demand in our state.”

Mr McCrindle said due to the large number of graduates with degrees, employers were now more focused on “the pragmatics” — like being job-ready, having actual skills and an employment history.

195. bespoke

Stimpson J. Cat
    #3050845, posted on June 23, 2019 at 11:42 pm
    I always assume everyone is smarter than me.

Smarter dos’t seem to prevent people from being needy and easily manipulated.

PS: Lady’s! bloke’s don’t often kick in the groin so don’t cry if that’s how you wont to play.

stackja
    #3050929, posted on June 24, 2019 at 6:13 am

stackja, both of my sons followed me in engineering, not mining but electrical/electronics and have very well paying jobs.

My daughter chose to become a beautician to ladies of the gentry, house calls and all.
    She earns twice what they do.
    Disclaimer, she studied with some very decent people, not a quick Tafe course.
    Still only took her a couple of years after high school.

Middle brother is a carpenter/builder always in demand and set for life now.

There needs to be reason to go to uni, nothing wrong with it, but just to get a piece of paper is not enough reason.

I wanted to study astronomy, my father persuaded me to do engineering and do astronomy as a part time hobby. One must be realistic.

Tim Michell and Rebecca Williams, Herald Sun

June 23, 2019 11:45pm

Carlton midfielder Patrick Cripps was voted the AFL’s best player ahead of Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield, attracting almost 36 per cent of the vote.

But the performance of league chief Gillon McLachlan and his team received an overwhelming thumbs down.

Fifty-four per cent of respondents said their level of faith in AFL bosses was poor.

A further 40 per cent said they were unconvinced, rating their faith in the AFL as “average”. Only 6 per cent said the league bosses were performing strongly.

Results show a lot of discontent stemming from the match review and tribunal processes, with two-thirds “not confident at all” in predicting outcomes.

Fans overwhelmingly rejected a change of timeslot for the AFL Grand Final.

198. Insightful (but depressing) piece by Michael Pascoe.

One casualty of our major strategic partner’s own making is the loss of its credibility. The US, like other great powers on the make, has always lied to further its own ends, to provoke or excuse wars it wanted to wage.

That hasn’t changed in our most obvious lived experience.

Three presidents lied to continue the Vietnam war for domestic political reasons. Another administration conspired to produce the calamity of Iraq – the greatest crime of the century, so far.

And even on a good day, the current administration has no apparent relationship with truth or facts.

199. Twostix

The talking points went out last Friday afternoon:

– gofundme is for sick kids
    – weird religious ideas
    – money money money! (Write about his property see attached figures)
    – hint at his not whiteness! Get those bogan white nationalists to see who they are supporting!

Etc, etc.

200. Top Ender

I didn’t see Week in Pictures posted yesterday – maybe I missed it.

Melbourne traffic gridlock extending to outer suburbs including Craigieburn, Sunbury

Feel like the amount of time you spend sitting in gridlock is increasing? Melbourne’s peak-hour congestion is no longer limited to the inner city, with traffic snarls now extending to suburban streets. These are our worst affected roads.
    Kieran Rooney, Herald Sun

June 23, 2019 10:33pm

Melbourne’s congestion crunch has moved to the suburbs as new figures show the city’s north and west are choked in gridlock.

Some roads have logged an increase of 5000 cars a day compared with five years ago.

Craigieburn Rd in Melbourne’s north recorded the city’s biggest surge with a 36 per cent increase, jumping from 14,000 in 2014 to 19,000 this year, according to VicRoads.

It was followed closely by Vineyard Rd, Sunbury, and Glenroy Rd, Glenroy, where residential estates have put pressure on once sparsely populated areas.

Half of the top 10 roads to record major increases were in the city’s north, while two were in the west.

The state’s biggest infrastructure project, the $15.8 billion North East Link, will aim to solve some of the suburban crawl, but there is still pressure to build the East West Link to end traffic woes on the other side of the city.

Didn’t Dan cancel a road upgrade?

Teeth chattering morning breaks records across the NT

It’s been cold. We can safely say that. Over the weekend Darwin had it’s coldest overnight temperature for close to a year. Katherine it’s coldest in seven years. And Alice Springs may as well be in Antarctica.
    NATASHA EMECK, NT News

June 23, 2019 6:36pm

RESIDENTS in Katherine shivered through their coldest morning in seven years on Sunday, waking up to a teeth chattering minimum temperature of just 5.2C

Bureau of Meteorology forecaster Chris Kent said they had to go back through their records to August 12, 2012 to find a colder morning at 4.7C.

Borroloola also recorded 5.2C yesterday, which was their coldest overnight temperature in five years.

Sunday morning in Darwin was also a bit nippy as the Territory’s capital recorded a minimum of 15.7C at 7.30am — its coldest night since July 23, 2018.

Alice Springs also beat their record for the coldest minimum in the last week with a chilly -3.2C on Saturday morning, followed by -1.7C on Sunday morning.

203. woolfe

Isn’t Sara Hippo Walrus still running a go find me to sue someone?

204. Notafan

Fiztsimons is a flog.

Folau could have set up his campaign anywhere he wanted.

People don’t go to GoFundMe looking for a worthy cause to support.

They go because they have chosen a cause they have already decided to support.

Fiztsimons is also an elitist snob.

Quelle surprise.

205. Entropy

Black frost

Sydney restrictions on watering gardens, low dam levels because Greens said no new dams, as rain falls.

207. Cassie of Sydney

“Mark A
    #3050950, posted on June 24, 2019 at 7:07 am
    Seriously, is there any place the vikings didn’t get to first?”

Actually they were beaten to the moon by indigenous Australians.

208. Cassie of Sydney

“Fiztsimons is also an elitist snob.”

I think that’s putting it mildly.

Cassie of Sydney
    #3050956, posted on June 24, 2019 at 7:09 am

Seriously, is there any place the vikings didn’t get to first?”

Actually they were beaten to the moon by indigenous Australians.

Silly me, how could I forget?
    No wonder they didn’t make it back.
    Thanks Cassie.

210. Twostix

What he’s saying is large chunks of uni graduates are completely useless retards and many degrees from many AU unis are now utterly worthless in distinguishing if someone actually knows much.

Tipperary Maiden (2460m)
    Start Time: 1:50AM 24 Jun 2019

1st 5. KANGAROO VALLEY
    J:Donnacha O’brien T:A P O’BRIEN
    2nd 13. YONKERS
    J:Colin Keane T:G M Lyons
    3rd 3. BREXIT BRIEFCASE
    J:Conor Hoban T:JOHN W NICHOLSON

212. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

numbers the gutless wonder is still banging on about something 50yrs ago.

mental illness factor: confirmed

213. Notafan

Name names Mark A.

I don’t, Calli doesn’t, Gab doesn’t either.

PM did once I think under extreme provocation.

Notafan
    #3050965, posted on June 24, 2019 at 7:23 am

Name names Mark A.

I don’t, Calli doesn’t, Gab doesn’t either.

PM did once I think under extreme provocation.

Que?

215. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

cue BOM to tell us it’s the warmest winter evah!

Notafan
    #3050965, posted on June 24, 2019 at 7:23 am

Lately I stick to non controversial issues and trivia, have zero idea what you are on about?

217. Twostix

There’s about three unis that having a degree from means something now. The rest, when choosing candidates for interviews in my industry, are about equivalent to someone who has a good TAFE course on their resume or some get up and go.

We’ve been burned too many times by retarded children of the middle class who think a degree from their local shit regional degree-mill uni makes them special when they in fact are catastrophically incompetent.

218. numbers the gutless wonder is still banging on about something 50yrs ago.

I posted an opinion piece.
    The invasion of Iraq (on a lie) happened in 2003.
    That’s 16 years ago, not 50.
    Every time you post you make a fool of yourself.
    Don’t stop.
    It’s entertaining in a boringly predictable fashion.

219. Notafan

Short term memory loss mark?

Your 1.11 comment.

220. Cassie of Sydney

“Every time you post you make a fool of yourself.”

Posted by a racist cretin with zero self-reflection

221. Notafan

None just to repeat because you keep saying it.

the Vatican archives for the war years were examined by Catholic historians as early as the nineteen sixties.

This information was published and a condensed English language version was made available.

Reverend Dr. Pierre Blet was the author.

Before his death in 2009 he said there will be nothing new when the documents are made available to the general public.

222. Cassie of Sydney

“Notafan
    #3050965, posted on June 24, 2019 at 7:23 am
    Name names Mark A.

I don’t, Calli doesn’t, Gab doesn’t either.”

Nor does Lizzie.

223. Notafan

And I agree, if an institution that claims to be credible publishs false information it ought to correct it.

this is the book.

Notafan
    #3050973, posted on June 24, 2019 at 7:35 am

Short term memory loss mark?

Your 1.11 comment.

LOL OH that”
    I need not name names but if you insist, Cassie and Lizzy for starters.
    (Cassie herself admitted to swear, ask her)

Notafan, did you ever hear of the saying, “if the shoe fits?”

Obviously it doesn’t fit you so why are you so outraged?
    Don’t you have someone else to battle about Catholic doctrine or the Pope?

Give me a break, I ignored you for near on 4 months, do return the favour.
    Please

225. Notafan

Cassie

There are some fairly famous examples of a particular potty mouth

1 5 6 7 8 9 13