Open Forum: June 29, 2019

2,105 Responses to Open Forum: June 29, 2019

Khawaja.
    Of all the Pakis in the world we get the only one who can’t read leg-spin.

2. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Areff, that little girl singing Black Velvet in the back of the car is set up to be a ped-o-files delight. I too thought it was gross the minute I saw it, even though I knew the proper wording of the song (Hi Ellie, you too?). No child her age should be refraining a sultry paean like that; it is obscene, far too adult emotively.

I don’t think I’m a prude, but this ad is very unpleasant.

3. Bruce in WA

I’m happy to call her Greek I mean as I have always said : deport the Greeks.

I wouldn’t be so quick to condemn. I’ve seen the documentary and I know Jesus said, “Blessed are the Greeks” … or was it cheesemakers?

4. Bruce in WA

it is obscene, far too adult emotively.

I don’t think I’m a prude, but this ad is very unpleasant.

Yes, very “creepoid”. Glad I’m not the only one who feels this.

5. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Off to bed now. No bath tonight.
    Johanna’s orders.

A right little Napoleon, she is.
    ‘Don’t Wash’
    Maybe Hairy won’t mind. 😀

6. Bruce in WA

Took the grandson to see “MIB: International” this evening.

What a mishmash … wandering plot line, corny script — with one or two gems thrown in. I think Chris Hemsworth sleepwalked his way through it. Certainly it demanded no actual acting skills from him.

Plenty of action though — and fabulous product placement by Lexus. I think they feature very single car the company makes … and one they wish they could make.

But in the end, grandson loved it — so that’s all that matters.

7. Pedro the Ignorant

Back from leaning on the bar at the local.

62mm of rain over a week or so creating orgasms in old men who should know better.

Into the big fat leather armchair for the cricket.

Nite, Cats.

8. areff

Lizzie, I’m definitely not a prude — several routes to hell charted on Folau’s roadmap — but it appalls me. You were in advertising, songs like that don’t get chosen accidentally. And what is the ad trying to say about the car? It’s been cynically and with full intent to exploit by banging the name Skoda into the viewer’s consciousness.

Why couldn’t have been driving at night and done ‘Wee Small Hours of the Morning’. That’s top-of-the-head.

It’s a song popularly associated with very hot young woman, and still fetching in Ellie’s later clip, wigging her bottom and falling to her kneees in adoration.

It’s sick. Enough to make sure I don’t buy a Skoda.

9. P

Those of us who have been blessed with grandchildren are indeed truly blessed.

I experienced this again when my youngest granddaughter made her first holy communion at the weekend.

10. Ellie

I think you guys are sick to associate that ad with pedophilia.

11. Confused Old Misfit

That ad wouldn’t sell me a Skoda either. There is more than a little exploitation going on there. I also sensed a touch of embarrassment in the body language of the actors portraying the parents.

12. MatrixTransform

I think you guys are sick to associate that ad with pedophilia.

make me sandwich

13. Bruce in WA

I think you guys are sick to associate that ad with pedophilia.

Didn’t say that; said it was “creepy”, that voice, that song, coming out of a little girl.

Bit the reverse of the original “Exorcist”.

14. Bruce in WA

BLT?

BLAT — don’t dare forget the avo!!

15. Ellie

Am watching the cricket with a G&T. Excuse me if I don’t get to the kitchen in s timely manner.

16. Confused Old Misfit

BMT, toasted thanks!

17. Ellie

BLAT — don’t dare forget the avo!!

Oh absolutely! Gotta have avo! I agree, Bruce.

18. Ellie

BMT?
    BMT Tax Depreciation? What kind of sandwich is that?

19. Confused Old Misfit

BMT = Bacon, Mayonnaise & Tomato! The Supreme Snack!
    Hold the Lettuce! Hold the Avo!
    The world would be a better place without all that green crap!

20. Ellie

BMT = Bacon, Mayonnaise & Tomato!

Noice!

21. Ellie

What type of bread with your BMT?

22. Confused Old Misfit

Dark Rye, Ellie!
    Once you try it you’ll never go back!

23. Zyconoclast

Italy arrests captain of migrant aid ship

The German captain of a rescue ship with 40 asylum-seekers aboard has been arrested by police after she docked at Italy’s Lampedusa island following a 17-day stand-off.

The captain rammed an Italian border police motorboat In docking the Sea Watch ship in defiance of Italy’s anti-migrant interior minister.

She was immediately arrested as jeering onlookers shouted “handcuffs, handcuffs”.

24. Ellie

Re the song used in the ad that has upset some. I see it as this – When girls are young they like to mimic songs – pretend to be the singer of the song – even appearing flirtatious – it’s completely innocent. To see them as sexual beings makes my skin crawl.

25. Zyconoclast

Searching for privacy in an online world
    Gabriel Weinberg’s fast-growing search engine DuckDuckGo promises ‘better answers, less spam’ — and knows nothing about you

26. areff

i’m typing in bed with a cat’s tail lashing the keys, so forgive typos.

That’s what i don’t like: he portrayal as a sexual being. and yes, i take your point that little girls like to pretend they’re taylor swift. What it brings to my mind is JonBenet Ramsay, and the packaging of innocence.

27. Steve trickler

We all remember the first kiss.

28. Ellie

Nice sounds, Steve. Headphones on. Up loud.

29. None

I’m going to have to look at the Skoda ad but it sounds like I don’t want to. If it’s on TV you can lodge a complaint. And certainly complain either directly to Skoda all their advertising sing company.

30. Ellie
    #3066530, posted on June 30, 2019 at 1:39 am
    Nice sounds, Steve. Headphones on. Up loud.

Hello and goodnight.

areff
    #3066508, posted on June 30, 2019 at 12:10 am

Lizzie, I’m definitely not a prude

Had to look up the ad.
    The kindest thing I can say about it that it’s inappropriate and on the basis of the ad I see no reason to buy a Skoda.

I don’t know whom the ad will persuade to go and get one?
    BTW they are good cars and very good value for money.

32. DrBeauGan

All is well in Havana. The diarrhoea is gone. Indeed I may have the opposite problem. Time will tell.

I ask directions a lot, using my Google translate. Everyone from cops to the poor and possibly destitute, and they will walk a dozen metres with me to put me on the right track. Kindness to ignorant foreigners is almost universal.

I have a Cuban girlfriend. Her name is Milagros, and she is about ten years old. We communicate entirely through Google translate. She looks a tough little egg. She frequents the park where I smoke breakfast, so now we say hola to each other. There are sweet trusting little girls, but Milagros is not one of them. But she will walk half a mile to help me find a shop that sells fiesta cola light. This is like coca cola light, but tastes vastly better.

She is abrupt and peremptory. We talk to each other for half an hour, then she jumps up, says adios, and is gone. Perhaps the slow speed of communication bores her.

DrBeauGan
    #3066542, posted on June 30, 2019 at 3:43 am

I have no doubt about you integrity, but a word of caution with befriending little girls in a foreign country in special and everywhere for that matter.

But you know that.

34. Interesting manufacturing processes.
    Friction welding – such a simple concept.

35. DrBeauGan

But you know that.

I gave her 5cuc to buy an ice-cream. That’s the extent of our interactions. Oh, and she talks a lot. All in Spanish. She kept the change.

She told me she is twelve years old. I think she is about fifty in cynicism.

I like children, but not as sex objects. The idea of harming children drives me to black madness.

Kiwis 5/118 at The Oval, chasing the Strayans’ 243. Good night, Sheep Shaggers!

37. Knuckle Dragger:

I mean, I know they’re Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, but I was unaware they had to go over every continent before they hit their target.

Depressed trajectory/sub orbital to hit targets from the south?

She told me she is twelve years old. I think she is about fifty in cynicism.

Great age to be a kid growing up in a communist shithole. Almost impossible for the Castro regime to dumb-down the Cuban population enough to not see the wonders of capitalism in Trump’s America 150 kms away.

DrBeauGan
    #3066548, posted on June 30, 2019 at 4:59 am

Never entered my mind, Dr BG, I was thinking of misinterpretation or malicious opportunistic intent by others.

40. DrBeauGan

Tom
    #3066551, posted on June 30, 2019 at 5:12 am
    She told me she is twelve years old. I think she is about fifty in cynicism.

Or the relative wealth of Australian tourists. And my landlord has been to Miami, so the word gets around. Free market Capitalism works. Socialism/Communism doesn’t. I want Bernie and AOC to have to live in Cuba for a few years. I don’t think they have a clue about socialism in practice.

41. DrBeauGan

Took it for granted, Mark. It’s true there are nasty shits everywhere. I shan’t give them any opportunities. But I’m not going to be stopped from having friendly chats with kids because there are neurotic loonies and evil minded shits in the world.

42. Mitch M.

Nicotinamide riboside augments the human skeletal muscle NAD+ metabolome and induces transcriptomic and anti-inflammatory signatures in aged subjects: a placebo-controlled, randomized trial

NAD+ is modulated by conditions of metabolic stress and has been reported to decline with aging, but human data are sparse. Nicotinamide riboside (NR) supplementation ameliorates metabolic dysfunction in rodents. We aimed to establish whether oral NR supplementation in aged participants can increase the skeletal muscle NAD+ metabolome, and questioned if tissue NAD+ levels are depressed with aging. We supplemented 12 aged men with NR 1g per day for 21-days in a placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blind, crossover trial. Targeted metabolomics showed that NR elevated the muscle NAD+ metabolome, evident by increased nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide and nicotinamide clearance products. Muscle RNA sequencing revealed NR-mediated downregulation of energy metabolism and mitochondria pathways. NR also depressed levels of circulating inflammatory cytokines. In an additional study, 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy-based NAD+ measurement in muscle and brain showed no difference between young and aged individuals. Our data establish that oral NR is available to aged human muscle and identify anti-inflammatory effects of NR, while suggesting that NAD+ decline is not associated with chronological aging per se in human muscle or brain. Clinical Trial Registration ID #NCT02950441.

43. Mitch M.

Another cruel trick of nature. Just before you die after years of dementia you regain lucidity so you can experience death.

Paradoxical lucidity: A potential paradigm shift for the neurobiology and treatment of severe dementias

44. Areff:

Correct, RF. It was no accident. The song was chosen because the makers of the ad believe the ad appeals to potential customers.
    They think their customers are P*. But it says more about the ad makers than it does about the customer.
    The push to normalise aberrant sexual behaviour is accelerating, and we’re still not fighting back.

45. DrBeauGan

Everything is very run down here. Beautiful old buildings in terrible repair, all badly in need of some private enterprise. If Cuba were a free society, it would be a paradise.

People are very bad at joining the dots. And altogether helpless against a government with all the guns.

46. Knuckle Dragger

Dr. BG;

Updates on cheerful squalor would be appreciated.

47. John Constantine

Two runs a ball needed with last man in, to accumulate another hundred.

Jacindamania.

48. Knuckle Dragger

Well.

Hit the farter not long after the crying cheat got out. Up in time to see the last half of NZ going down the tubes.

In the end, very well done. The lazy flog Khawaja finally pulled his finger out.

49. Knuckle Dragger

Much appreciated again, Tom.

Another little gem (Men with Beards) for the office wall. There’s at least one pretentious twat I’ll annoy with it tomorrow.

50. John Constantine

Crowd feeding Warner chips now.

51. John Constantine

Best part of yesterday’s howling sleet was the luxurious midday nap opportunity.

See from Mitch’s link that a napping habit is a predictor of cognitive decline.

Everything you love is out to kill you.

Comrades.

All over at the Oval: Australia beats NZ easily. Kiwis all out for 157 after Australia made 243. However, Australia and NZ both qualify for the World Cup semi-finals with India and Pakistan. (Poms missed out! Hahaha).

Mitchell Starc got five wickets and is the runaway series leader with 24 wickets.

Top o’ the mornin’ Cats!

Back in lovely Victoria, in a pub with actual, real live Wifi, sipping on a craft gin and tonic and the Beloved cradling a craft beer (Artisan Tiger will be pleased). The sun is shining, the weather is warm, and all is right with the world.*

We had the rare joy of one of the thirty days a year of sunshine in Sitka – I am considering hiring myself out as a Sunshine Bringer. It’s the Canada Day long weekend and the place is teeming. Add the 2,000+ contingent from the ship and all the shop owners are grinning ear to ear.

The other day I saw the Hubbard Glacier up close. Mesmerising stuff, with ice falling into the sea regularly. It is dubbed the “galloping glacier”. Around it is evidence of ancient glacial retreat. A woman sitting behind me said it was “our fault”. She resembled a woolly mammoth, so might be true for her. I take no responsibility for something that happened at the close of the last Ice Age.

There is a lot of that amongst the passengers, usually wymmynses. The Beloved hears it, turns around and says “bullsh*t”, “it’s a swindle”. Much gobbling and jowl wobbling ensues. The men smile and envy his bravery. These old chicks are just puff adders.

Lol. I have just watched a pub crawl bicycle go past. Idiots. BC law means you can’t drink and peddle.

I will leave you with the vision of our waitress. A very pretty girl, heavily tattooed and pierced, her nose doubly so. It bewilders me why they do it.

* I lied about that last bit

Can a kindly Cat give me a quick update on Pell?

We get a little news about Izzy. Had an ancient Kiwi gent boring for NZ at breakfast bemoaning the fact that Aussies were stupid enough to pitch in to his fighting fund. Oddly enough, he felt free to voice his opinion. Perhaps brown people are not so entitled. I felt a burning desire to peg my butter knife at him, but sadly, it was blunt.

There is much….much stupidity in the world.

The Poms on board are vewwy vewwy quiet about the cricket.

Good.

They sell Havana cigars here in Victoria, DrBeau.

And not a glimpse of squalor, cheerful or otherwise.

Correction: England have to beat India tonight to qualify for the World Cup semi-finals and tip out the Pakis. So the Poms are pushing proverbial poo up a steep incline.

58. bespoke

Hi calli welcome back the place is a bit messy sorry. 😁

59. DrBeauGan

calli
    #3066570, posted on June 30, 2019 at 6:12 am
    They sell Havana cigars here in Victoria, DrBeau.

And not a glimpse of squalor, cheerful or otherwise.

They are cheaper in Cuba, Calli.

The squalor is very mixed. There are clear signs of a splendid past, and a run down present. Mostly the streets are in bad shape but the apartments inside are clean and tidy if cluttered. You can tell because people sit inside and leave their front doors open in the evenings.

There is something very sad about it all. You feel how really good it would be if the place had more money. And you suspect they would have were the politics different.

60. bespoke

DrBeauGan
    #3066555, posted on June 30, 2019 at 5:27 am

Not having a shot at but you left out those with genuine paternal concerns. You are the good guy but the next one may not be.

Well, the gin and beer interlude is over, and it’s back to the boat.

Tomorrow is Vancouver, when I have another delightful opportunity to sample the US border official’s interpersonal skills, or lack thereof. I like Canada. It is like Australia, but way too cold. They need glowball warmening desperately. I’m surprised they don’t welcome it.

Then on to San Fran, Los Angeles, Mexico and round through Panama, where I have promised myself a bespoke hat.

And that reminds me…just shove all the junk, broken furniture and body parts into the corner. I’ll get the reserve cleaning crew onto it directly. Been away three weeks so I estimate a four cube skip. Haven’t followed any of the threads so unsure of hazard status. Best get them to suit up.

Safety first.

62. DrBeauGan

True bespoke, but we can’t let perverts run the world. We’ve gone too far down that road already. Most men feel protective of women and children. There are twisted sickos around, but overestimating their numbers and frightening kids about all men is a vile thing to do.

Children need to feel that if they are in trouble, nearly every adult will help them. I am old enough to remember when this was the default assumption that society made. Those were better, healthier days, before the perverts had started making a nuisance of themselves.

63. bespoke

Thanks for clearing up the my concern, DrBeauGan.

64. DrBeauGan

bespoke
    #3066578, posted on June 30, 2019 at 6:49 am
    Thanks for clearing up the my concern, DrBeauGan.

No worries, bespoke.

I saw the rot starting many years ago in Perth. People put up hideous signs up declaring that their house was safe for children, and that kids under threat could run there and find safety. That struck me then as sick. The implication that the world is a dangerous place for children generally and only specially certified adults could provide refuge is a disgusting proposition. I would have serious doubts about any adult making the offer.

Yes there are sickos. But not very many, and children aren’t all stupid. Telling kids that there are some bad men, and women, in the world is common prudence. Letting children think all men are bad and will hurt them given half a chance, well, that’s modern feminism for you. I reject the whole sick ethos.

65. bespoke

Liberty quote.

“stupefied fog of libertarianism”–Tucker Carlson

66. Knuckle Dragger

‘Letting children think all men are bad’

I doubt you’d get on with St.Rosie of Batty and her cohort of scaredybeasts, Beaugy.

This is a very good thing btw.

67. bespoke

DrBeauGan

I agree and in the mix we are bombarded with propaganda to diminish paternal in stinks with ‘safe schools’ and 11 year old drag queens….

It would drive me nuts if I had young kids now.

68. DrBeauGan

This is a very good thing btw.

That’s for sure. There’s something insanitary about the lot of them. I have been driven to conclude that tolerance of perversions is a bad idea. More and more of the sickos crawl out of the woodwork. It’s time to reject this idea that we should be tolerant of the twisted.

69. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

I think this is why we used to give kids fairy tales of grim and grisly outcomes, these days we get wiggles and tuck and tape.

70. Geriatric Mayfly

Somewhere in this morning’s news-scan I see that civil servants are concerned that Jeremy Corbyn might be going bonkers and be “too frail” to become a PM.

71. bespoke

Australian Conservatives YouTube Chanel.

This channel does not exist.

72. DrBeauGan

I am open to social change and new ideas. But not the sick and perverted garbage currently on offer.

I told my landlord about my twelve year old girlfriend, and he was appalled. I explained it was a joke, and I do not fancy children.

I also told him I don’t like homosexuals or transsexuals. I had to tell him that saying this in Australia in public would get me into trouble.

73. DrBeauGan

We are having a thunderstorm! I like thunderstorms.

74. johanna

Victor Davis Hanson is right. California is becoming a Third World state.

While people crap and wee and shoot up and smoke crack and meth in the street, they just banned vaping, for ”health reasons.”

Not content with that, they just struck another blow for Utopia:

California is set to become the first U.S. state to enact a law banning the workplace discrimination of natural hairstyles worn by black people.

The bill, known as the Create a Respectful and Open Workplace for Natural Hair (CROWN) Act, unanimously passed California’s Assembly with a 69–0 vote on Thursday.

“While we got no ‘No’ votes, there were some people who chose to abstain,” Sen. Holly Mitchell (D-Los Angeles) told National Public Radio (NPR). “I have no idea why they abstained.”

It also passed California’s Senate in April and is awaiting Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom’s signature.

The legislation would prohibit employers and schools from taking punitive actions, like firing or demoting, against people who wear “afros, braids, locks, and twists.”

“The history of our nation is riddled with laws and societal norms that equated ‘blackness,’ and the associated physical traits, for example, dark skin, kinky and curly hair to a badge of inferiority,” the bill’s text states.

“Hair remains a rampant source of racial discrimination with serious economic and health consequences, especially for black individuals,” the bill continued.

Words fail me.

75. Boambee John

Winston

Depressed trajectory/sub orbital to hit targets from the south?

Probably not feasible with the ICBMs of 1962. Getting to the US by a great circle route and landing on a major city more likely as an objective then.

Tom
    #3066544, posted on June 30, 2019 at 4:24 am
    The New York Post front page says it all at Week In Pictures. And Leunig in Week In Pictures says it all.

Huh!

Decades before Tom Wolfe wrote Radical Chic, Lyons showed a special disdain for the wealthy who embraced radicalism to salve their guilty consciences. Perhaps the most prominent of these was Corliss Lamont, son of the chairman of J. P. Morgan & Company, who, as head of the Friends of the Soviet Union, emerged as the chief public apologist for Stalin’s crimes. As Lyons wrote, Lamont spared “neither his money nor his energy in defending the mass slaughter in Russia, and in damning those who dared examine that horror.” Affronted, the multimillionaire sued. The suit went nowhere, but Lamont’s grandson is today governor of Connecticut.

78. duncanm

A very pretty girl, heavily tattooed and pierced

A tautology if ever I saw one.

A very pretty girl, heavily tattooed and pierced

Nice face.
    Pity it is on the front of your thigh.

80. Cassie of Sydney

“I don’t dislike all homosexuals or transsexuals, for the record. But I do think there is something wrong with their brains. I will be kind to them as long as they don’t try to proselytise children. If they do that, they take their lives in their hands.”

I agree there is something severely wrong with the brains of transsexuals. Not sure about homosexuals. As for proselytisation…let’s call it what it really is…..grooming of children…you haven’t seen anything yet. The recent article by Rod Dreher in American Conservative is worth reading….and it is chilling reading. I read it a few days ago and I have been thinking a lot about it since….it really reinforces the notion as to why almost ALL cultures/societies and religions throughout human history…that is since we came down from trees and walked out of Africa…have condemned homosexuality. We are less than a decade away from the whole man/boy push…..the hard left have already dabbled in that back in the 1970s and is already brewing again….like Vesuvius before the eruption.

81. Shy Ted

Haven’t had enough stupid for the week? So let’s bring property crime into the classroom. Personally, I love mine but then I’m not woke.

82. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Untangling from google surveillance regime is somewhat non-trivial. I have switched to brave which seems to be based on a public domain version of chrome. the good thing is it imports all my login details for 100s of sites. it also allows sharing of these across my devices which was may main concern.

Its pretty fast and blocks various trackers. maybe 80% as good as the current chrome. ie good enough.

gmail though is another story. any suggestions for a web based gmail replacement?

WRT the Crickit Whirl Cup.
    The Pakis are 4th. One point ahead of the Poms. One game left against the Bangers.
    The Poms are 5th with two tough games left. Injuns and New Zulland. If they win both they are in.
    Poms could go through on one win if John the Bookie gets them to throw the Bangers match.
    Looking dire for the Poms.
    Sad.

Zyconoclast

#3066525, posted on June 30, 2019 at 12:56 am

Italy arrests captain of migrant aid ship

She should get her sentence doubled for having smelly, hairy armpits.

85. John Constantine

Allit needs is artificial chemical flavour and State prescribed soma medication, and here is the future ration for the proles.

One quarter of the world’s carbon footprint is due to food production but the UN has said there needs to be an increase in food of 50-70% by the middle of the century.

Half of the world’s habitable land is used for farming and scientists claim the peak catch for the fishing industry, in terms of efficiency, was 20 years ago.

Vainikka said the powder could be an “ingredient like any ingredient in the food” or it would be possible to “make the powder into fibres that resemble meat or bread”.
    As the crisis escalates…

… in our natural world, we refuse to turn away from the climate catastrophe and species extinction. For The Guardian, reporting on the environment is a priority. We give reporting on climate, nature and pollution the prominence it deserves, stories which often go unreported by others in the media. At this pivotal time for our species and our planet, we are determined to

Agricultural food production cannot survive deindustrialisation, decarbonisation, rewilding, veganism and organics.

Cutting agricultural carbon by fifty percent by 2030 means rations of industrial vat brewed food, flavoured and drugged so the proles get addicted to it, and eat themselves into a porked up compliant lifefog.

Comrades.

86. bespoke

I’m in two minds about banning mobiles in class. It may help kids focus but they have exposed many abusive teachers.

87. Knuckle Dragger

I would much rather date a chick with neck tatts than that God-awful shit smack on the quad.

And that’s saying something.

88. bespoke

Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)
    #3066606, posted on June 30, 2019 at 8:48 am

Iv just started using Epic browser and don’t use gmail.

Mitch M.

#3066557, posted on June 30, 2019 at 5:31 am

Happened to a relative. His attention span shrank during his dementia so eventually there was no coherence then about a week before his fatal stroke he began to reminisce and converse at length. PL, what a jolly term. Maybe it’s a grace so they can be whole when they go before their maker because, at least in respect of my relative, he was a good man.

90. Knuckle Dragger

Poms v IT guys tonight.

Hopefully the Pommy crowds, if they’re anything like ours will respond to the suggestions from Bairstow, Root and others that they’re not cheering hard enough for them will boo the living Christ out of every Her Majesty’s player that steps over the rope.

91. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

We are having a thunderstorm! I like thunderstorms.

If you are feeling very brave you could pop over to see Relámpago del Catatumbo, has year around lightning storms. It is in Venezuela though.

The much celebrated Ladies Soccer Whirl Cup has sunk without trace.
    Still going?

93. Nick

The much celebrated Ladies Soccer Whirl Cup has sunk without trace.
    Still going?

Surely there is a licker company that can sponsor the team ?

Tom
    #3066544, posted on June 30, 2019 at 4:24 am

California not the state Ronald Reagan knew.

In the hierarchy of bad picture placement the front of thigh is the clubhouse leader.
    Daylight second.

96. Knuckle Dragger

Off to do a junior rep match.

These are pretty good. 15 year olds, to whom cricket is still the core of their lives, and before the great evils of grog and chicks befall them.

Still dreaming of wearing the Baggy Green, but without the knowledge that like Jimmy Maher and to lesser degrees Stuart Law, Brad Hodge and most recently Katich, it’s still who you know, less what you can do.

97. Morsie

Home game for India tonight

98. bespoke

“Hyper inflation of terminology”–Douglas Murray

99. Farmer Gez

All girl panel on the Insiders.
    Dame Edna hosting.
    The Sour Saveloy
    La Tingle Tongle
    Some other younger girly Smethurst.
    I think they’re going to talk about plumbing.

Funniest Week in Pictures for a long time. I near cacked myself.

Surely there is a licker company that can sponsor the team ?

That is a totally RayBurgess thing to say.

102. Nick

Anyone know what are the ‘rules’ these days for furniture delivery ?
    I bought some outdoor furniture from a decent mob I’ve used before, except this time, delivery has been outsourced to a couple of lazy 7/11 types. They tried for two seconds to get the box through the gate and gave up, refusing to unpack it’ll make it easier. Asking them to take it into the garden met with a ‘cannot’.
    After some pointed comments from moi and no solutions, one who could speak English said he’d take it back to the depot. I said fine. Seriously, customer service these days….

Wealthy to get 30pc of tax cuts

Rosie Lewis
    Reporter
    @rosieslewis
    12:00AM June 29, 2019
    53 Comments

Australians earning more than $180,000 will receive less than a third of the Turnbull and Morrison governments’ $324.6 billion personal income tax cuts, triggering fresh attacks from Labor and the Greens as Centre Alliance prepares to clinch a deal to support the full package next week.

The $158bn unlegislated tax cuts are due to be debated and possibly voted on in federal parliament on Thursday, but the government has locked in only one South Australian crossbencher, Cory Bernardi, to pass the entire plan. Without the support of Labor or the Greens, it will need to four of the six Senate crossbenchers to legislate the reforms.

The Parliamentary Budget Office­ yesterday released two separate­ pieces of modelling, commissioned by the Greens and Labor respectively, on the financial implications by taxable income of the government’s tax cuts.

Modelling for Labor revealed Australians earning more than $180,000 would receive $91.3bn (28.2 per cent) of the $324.6bn combined tax cuts packages proposed by former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull, which is already­ legislated, and Scott Morrison, which is yet to pass the parliament. All other taxpayers earning $180,000 or less would receive­ $233.3bn, or 71.8 per cent, of the combined packages.

“From 2024-25 onwards, 30-­36 per cent of the benefit of the total tax package goes to 8-11 per cent of Australians who are earning more than $180,000,” Labor Treasury spokesman Jim Chalmers said. “For more than two months the government has refused­ to provide these numbers to help the parliament consider whether it is responsible to commi­t that much five years out to people who are least likely to spend it in the economy.”

Finance Minister Mathias Cormann declared Labor had not learned “anything” from its election loss and said under the third and final stage of the government’s plan, 94 per cent of working Australians would not pay more than 30 per cent tax on any of their income. “Bracket creep if left unaddressed, as Labor continues to fight for, undermines aspiration and would weaken our economy over time,” he said.

“Importantly, the Australian people have rejected Labor’s high-taxing, politics-of-envy agenda.”

PBO modelling for the Greens on stage three of the Morrison government’s tax cuts package, which costs $95.4bn to 2029-30, shows people on salaries of more than $180,000 would get $29.7bn in tax cuts, 31.1 per cent of the cuts.

Greens leader Richard Di Natale­, who is urging independent senator Jacqui Lambie not to support the full tax package, said it was the wrong time “to be introducing massive holes in revenue, ripping out funding from essential services and splashing out on handouts for the wealthiest”.

From the Oz. Green really is the colour of envy, isn’t it , Di Natale?

104. John64

All wymmynses Collective on Insiders this morning.

La Tingle starts the wrongology with the declaration that banning Huawei is no more than a “VHS vs Beta” decision.

105. DrBeauGan

What astonishes me about these people is that they have failed over decades to discover how ignorant and stupid they are.

106. Spider

Commenting on Scott Morrison meeting with Trump on Insiders.

Nikki Savva tells us she didn’t think Trump had that many people who he could to dinner with at the G20.

Really!!!!!

Nikki of course on to flog her new book.

107. Viva

Trouble is private enterprise might get them demolished for redevelopment. Can’t always have your cake and eat it too.

108. John64

The obligatory taxpayer funded plug for the Bittered Sav’s book is underway.

TIck.✅

109. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

isn’t that the hallmark of stupidity, failing to recognise itself

Last Friday
    The ABC firmly directs our attention away from the RA train wreck.

Forget Folau. Here is the Super Rugby story you should be following.
    Except it was another train wreck.
    I can’t wait for the Brumbles to get off the plane and blame Easy Flowers for their capitulation.

111. lotocoti

Take two.

Still going?

I watched a little of the Italy v Dijk-Fingering-Swamp-Krauts match last night.
    Nice hair, shocking skillz.

112. Caveman

My niece showed me two egyptian eyes she had tattooed on her side, i was disappointed for her and she asked why. I said if she had three she would have got 15 free games. (Poker machine ref).

113. John Constantine

Ponygirl in Queensland talking about a thousand dollar fine for looking at a mobile while driving on first offence.

Loss of licence for second.

Ponygirl declares she is in talks with in-car monitoring tech suppliers for total monitoring of the proles inside the vehicle.

Comrades.

114. Geriatric Mayfly

Had the unthinkable had happened and if Trump didn’t have dinner with Turnbull, The Sav would go into derangement mode.

115. Nick

The ultimate get out of jail card for our brave new world ‘but I was looking up how to manage my gender transition’.

116. John64

By my reckoning that was a 10 minute free plug for Savva’s tome.

Would cost tens of thousands of dollars on a commercial network.

TheirABC, always giving a leg up to their own.

117. duncanm

Scomo may have been snubbed by President Xi, but he wasn’;t as awkward as Trudeau!

118. Peter

Freezing in Canberra today so pleased to be flying out to effen queue. My Isa specifically.

119. custard

Well it’s not everyday you have an eagle, let alone someone around who decided to record it…

120. John Constantine

Thousand dollar fine for looking at mobile phones while driving will keep some girl-children from crashing, but will be a crippling financial cost for some vunerable youngsters.

If car rego payments have to be quarterly because significant numbers of people don’t have that many hundreds of dollars to spare, what is the impact on the prole addicted to texts?.

Installing a driver camera to deliver electric shocks through the seat when attention wanders will not just be for truckies.

Comrades.

121. Perfidious Albino

For some reason you never hear from Labor or Greens that the top 10% highest income earners that will receive 30% of the benefit of the proposed tax cuts (outrageous!!) pay 45% of tax collected. That we don’t hear that reality posited often enough from the Liberals is almost as bad.

122. jo

cohenite
    #3066608, posted on June 30, 2019 at 8:48 am

Zyconoclast

#3066525, posted on June 30, 2019 at 12:56 am

Italy arrests captain of migrant aid ship

She should get her sentence doubled for having smelly, hairy armpits.

Hope the Italians seize the the ship for reparations. I doubt the captain was on the wheel. Arrest the helm as well for putting life in danger.

123. areff

Sam Neil’s love slave defends Huawei on Insiders as ABConline puts in a good word for Beijing’s “right” to snatch troublesome sorts from Honkers.

I wonder when new minister, ahem, “supervising” the national broadcaster, Paul Fletcher, will make it official and address Friends of the ABC about the organisation’s value, worth and integrity.

124. John Constantine

I thought that was going to be a majestic winged eagle…………

Greens leader Richard Di Natale…said it was the wrong time be splashing out on handouts for the wealthiest.

There we go again: a tax cut is a handout.

An idiocy heard often coming from the lips of “economics correspondents” on the ABC.

Property is theft!

As Tim Pool says.
    Hey it’s just a milkshake , bro.

Police have received information that some of the milkshakes thrown today during the demonstration contained quick-drying cement. We are encouraging anyone hit with a substance today to report it to police.

127. jo

Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)
    #3066657, posted on June 30, 2019 at 10:05 am

there’s something amiss in this picture, can’t quite put my finger on it….

Blue is not eltons colour. Right aren’t I.

there’s something amiss in this picture, can’t quite put my finger on it….

The new trophies being displayed?

See Bruno Bettelheim, The Uses of Enchantment: The Meaning and Importance of Fairy Tales.

Fairy tales served a number of purposes in child development, one of which was to introduce them to the presence of evil in the world.

The Wiggles, who iirc started out as teachers, don’t quite cut it by comparison.

130. DrBeauGan

Just got back from dinner at a restaurant. I have quarter of a bottle of plonk in the fridge.
    I took a taxi. Had to direct him. He wanted a thousand pesos, so I asked how many cuc. He asked for ten, and I reckon I could have beat him down to five, but wtf.

It was raining, or I’d have walked. About a kilometre.

No seat belts for anyone.

I like new experiences, and I’m willing to pay for them.

131. Nick

All opined from the safety of Australia.

132. Woolfe

Interesting, I didn’t know this!

133. DrBeauGan

I’d say that the safe schools program shows kids that there is indeed evil in the world, by showing it to them directly. And trying to make it look not at all evil. Which is the most evil part of it.

Indeed.

Christopher Pyne’s legacy as Education minister.

135. Johno

As regards the japanese “invasion” of Oz.
    My father was in Darwin when it was bombed. Later on they did extensive patrolling of the coast near Darwin. He told me about finding caves with japanese equipment in them all along the coast. He had a large cache of japanese invasion money . If I remember it said ” The japanese government promises to pay the bearer one dollar” or other denominations. I think they went up to about fifty.
    How did it get into the caves?

The rich are already being soaked by our tax system, but the truth is quite inconvenient, so the lie is repeated as often as possible by the professional liars who have taken the place of real journalists in the MSM.

How did it get into the caves?

Well, 60,000 years ago, the serpent spirit …

138. None

I remain intrigued by the RA chairman’s statements yesterday that he had “heard from the government”. I’d like to know which government body he heard from – including the specific person- and what was their advice. I also want to know if they initiated contact or whether he did and why. Given that rugby Australia has received taxpayer money and the RA cairman implied that government advice either demanded or confirmed the necessity of sacking Folsu and / or being sued by gay people I think he should be asked to disclose details of the government advice in the public interest.

139. Digger

Funniest Week in Pictures for a long time. I near cacked myself.

Are you people 10 years old?

140. MatrixTransform

Yeah, as if PAYG tax receipts are where the money comes from.

even our little company group collects an enormous amount in GST + 27.5% corporate + plus payroll tax etc

and we are not a big company by a long shot

141. Johno

Well, 60,000 years ago, the serpent spirit …
    Well, that’s another mystery solved.

142. None

What is a amiss in that picture,
    -the absence of the mother
    -reducing women to egg factories and wombs for hire in order to procure children for gay couples
    -the lie in the statement:

I am proud to live in a part of the world where our governments have evolved to recognise the universal human right to love whoever we want.

I have no time for crocodile tears by billionaires

The left’s latest cause célèbre: FREE BILAL SKAF NOW!

“I think it’s time he got out,” the former Crown prosecutor Margaret Cunneen – who put the gang behind bars – said of Skaf last year. “He’s done his time.”

Parole officials disagree – citing Skaf’s continued lack of remorse, deplorable prison behaviour record, hatred of Australians and dedicated unwillingness to apologise for anything to anyone.

144. Notafan

Thank God for evolved governments.

that human right to love whoever we want is yet to include children, a bit more evolution required,

145. DrBeauGan

Christopher Pyne’s legacy as Education minister.

An argument against the government appointing homosexuals. Their judgment on many matters is flawed.

The left’s latest cause célèbre: FREE BILAL SKAF NOW!

—————-
    Fairfax

147. Top Ender

Johno, I think your dad was having a loan of you.

The Japanese – according to their own records – made only one reconnaissance landing in Australia, looking for an airstrip which was being built in WA, on 19 January 1944. (See my book The Empire Strikes South, page 165)

They found nothing, but were only 25 kilometres from the then-under construction Truscott Air Force Base then being built. Why they landed rather than rely on the usual air photography mission is not known.)

There were occasional instances when aircrew who had crash-landed were eventually captured, and it seems these have morphed over time into stories of covert landings and so on.

“He’s done his time.”

Really?

His original sentence was 55 years, reduced to 31 years after appeal, of which he has served 18 years.

149. None

These old chicks are just puff adders.

Stolen.

Call no news on Pell and the court is now on holidays for two weeks.

150. None

Cunneen has lost the plot.

151. Johno

Top Ender ,
    Where would the invasion money have come from? Dad very rarely spoke of the war.But he told me how the maps they found in the caves were better than the ones the aussies had.

152. Woolfe

So Top Ender sounds like that video I put up was historically correct then.

Where would the invasion money have come from?

Returning soldiers? Tonnes of worthless Japanese “invasion money” around after the war ended.

154. Johno

But where did the soldiers get the money from? Why was it printed in english?

155. None

Invasion money sounds like classic psychops.

156. Top Ender

The invasion money story is well known, and indeed the Japanese printed it for use in conquered territories.

But if you think it through there is no rational reason to land anything and put it in caves. We have massive tides here – up to 8 metres sometimes – and caves get flooded. Why would you put supplies in caves? Any big landing is going to need massive logistical support: ammo, food, spares etc; much more than you might store in small caches.

Johno’s dad might have heard or seen stuff stored there by downed fliers. There were 61 crashes across the Top End in the war, and in few cases the fliers survived. They were generally captured within days. For example the first aircraft which was brought down, on 15 Feb 1942, saw several aircrew make it to Melville Island, where they wandered about for nearly a week before being taken.

But all fighting across the north of Australia was done from aircraft and submarines. The concept of invading Oz – as discussed in Woolfe’s video – was something that would have happened if the Japanese had taken Port Moresby and stopped the perfidious Yanks from coming to Oz. Eventually we would have been isolated, and then they could have taken us, for the country’s resources, and to make a slave nation of us.

157. Shy Ted

All wymmynses Collective on Insiders this morning. Token male invited as main guest though – we should have started an interruption lotto a la Q&A. Not sure I’d like to be inside of any of today’ Insiders.
    And I do wish they would stop lionizing Ash Barty like they did the Matildas, it’s like getting the kiss of death. Which brings me back to the Insiders. Don’t know why my mind is in the gutter this morning.

158. Turtle of WA

Savva gets free advertising for her crappy book

159. Turtle of WA

Such diversity in Onesiders today. Four lefty women.

160. Cassie:

Do you know the name of the article? Just so I can find it.
    Ta.

161. Shy Ted

The left’s latest cause célèbre: FREE BILAL SKAF NOW!
    Skaf is a diagnosed psychopath. Still in the prime of his ability to commit further crimes. So probably will get parole.

162. Turtle of WA

Shy Ted isn’t shy

163. candy

Well there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s the procurement of those babies to a homosexual partnership that is wrong.
    Elton John coming from a working class background, I wonder if he ever has doubts about this pretence of family with stolen children with no mother ever in their lives, and thinks “what have I done”. It would be alarming for him.

164. Steve trickler

This will never get old.

165. Johno

OK,
    Not going to get into a shit fight about this. Contacted my brother, he remembers the story as well.

Better memory than me. He says that the caves had invasion money and mainly radio gear in them. The maps were high quality and definitely better than ours. Japanese “tourists” were all over the top end prior to the war. Maybe the japanese intended to later on land advance parties ahead of an invasion force.I don’t know, i wasn’t there and neither were you. My father was and he had no reason to make this up.

166. duncanm

Top Ender
    #3066689, posted on June 30, 2019 at 11:09 am

Johno, I think your dad was having a loan of you.

right — but they had flights far and wide, all the way down to Hobart

Taking off and landing behind Freycinet may not technically be a “reconnaissance landing in Australia”, but its pretty bloody close.

But where did the soldiers get the money from? Why was it printed in english?

The Japanese printed “invasion currency” for use in the countries they occupied – I’ve seen examples printed for used in Malaya, and the Netherlands Eat Indies (now Indonesia.) Invasion currency was printed in English, in ten shilling notes, for use in Papua/New Guinea and the former British colonies in the Pacific.

168. John Constantine

From insiders, their tom keneally declares that there are sixty million socialist voters in camps waiting to become australians and vote for welfare.

This sixty million strong socialist nation must be airlifted immediately into the West, and given the right to airlift their families in as well.

We can’t stop them announces keneally, so we must pay for them.

Also declares christina keneally is really open borders like all those committed to the pruning and grafting required to overthrow the last outposts of the crusader colonialist West.

Comrades.

But where did the soldiers get the money from? Why was it printed in english?

Notes for use in New Guinea, Gilbert Islands, the Solomon Islands etc..

170. Bill Thompson

Outside Insiders – Can you imagine their ABC EVER letting it go if a Conservative MP had been accused of rape?

171. Top Ender

Sure, Japanese recon flights were carried out all down the east coast of Australia in WWII but that doesn’t constitute landings of personnel. (There were also German naval vessels active around Australia.)

If there were indeed “radios in caves” etc then it will rewrite our military history. Several historians, myself being one, have been all through Japanese records from their navy and army. There is absolutely nothing in them to say they stashed materials in caves or anywhere else in Australia.

If such materials were there then what happened to them?

If such materials were found then who reported them and where are the reports?

Happy indeed to be proved wrong because it will open up a whole new story in our understanding of WWII.

172. Fisky

CATO Institute Scholar wants to increase immigration by 1000%! What an absolute crank!

(((The Alex Nowrasteh)))

@AlexNowrasteh

The current legal immigration system is almost as complicated as the income tax code. About 90% of people who want to come can’t. By comparison, Ellis Island rejected 2%.

173. Dr Fred Lenin

I see the mincing poodle has a new job as a lobbyist (Briber)’ for defence industry , so he gave up politics to spend more time with his husband or someone ,getting out before the shorten victory as one of turnbulls poodles, that worked well didnt it ? Wonder how much the submarine mob will be paying him ?
    There will be a thorough investigation wont there ?. We live in an open government society where the government pursues corruption in all its forms doesnt it ?
    PS ,surely turnbull isnt involved in corruption?

People’s champion in the news:

The Project host Lisa Wilkinson underwent the ultimate pamper experience ahead of Sunday night’s Logie Awards on the Gold Coast.

The 59-year-old enjoyed a luxury $9,400 stay, with multiple beauty treatments, at Olivia Newton-John’s Gaia retreat in Byron Bay.

Looking relaxed in a white robe on Saturday, Lisa thanked the retreat for her relaxing stay as she flaunted … a makeup-free selfie…

In a gallery of images, Lisa showcased her stunning Komala Luxe villa – which is the retreat’s most expensive suite.

The suite includes two king master bedrooms with ensuites,a living area with a fireplace, its own heated swimming pool, a private deck with spectacular views.

Lisa is believed to have participated in Gaia’s three-day ‘Timeless Beauty retreat’, which comes with plethora of treatments to renew, restore and reinvigorate.

Maybe not but “rape” allegations these days are a dime a dozen.

176. Twostix

Tim sopossum explains that today its perfectly ok to fire employees if you dont like their politics, religion of anything else.

Lol.

How see through can these people be?

177. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

The left’s latest cause célèbre: FREE BILAL SKAF NOW!

He has Hodgkins disease according to today’s news. He isn’t due for parole till 2030 something, doubt he’ll make it.

And?

Thank you Malcolm Fraser for the Skaf boys, by the way.

180. Twostix

If I fire an underling because they tweets some fuck scomo or fuck white christian meeeeennnnn thing tomorrow, The SMH will be completely on my side.

I know they will.

181. bespoke

So brave and inspirational.

Presumably we are talking about Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
    It seems to be one of the most survivable cancers with a 5 year survival rate of nearly 90%.
    But standby for the bleeding heart Skaf cheer-squad calling for “release because seriously ill with cancer”.

Thank you Malcolm Fraser for the Skaf boys, by the way.

There’s enough to go around – we can thank John Howard for the “K” brothers.

184. None

Haha Lisa Dillkinson – who’s idea of candid is not wearing makeup I mean where do these people f****** well get off.

185. None

Turtle of WA

#3066703, posted on June 30, 2019 at 11:41 am

Savva gets free advertising for her crappy book

Someone predicted that yesterday or the day before. SNAFU

186. John64

If she paid for it, I’ll walk naked in a stooped position up Main Street.

(In the middle of winter no less.)

187. Excellent news, Skippy about Skilaf.

Is it contagious?

188. None

There is a moral argument for capital punishment for capital crimes which I accept although I personaly also strongly oppose capital punishment because of the risk of executing an innocent person. The Skaf brothers, in fact the entire Skaf family, could easily persuade me to change my mind on all of that.

Coming soon: Skaf should be transferred to Olivia Newton-John’s Gaia retreat in Byron Bay.
    After all, when he organised those 14 Mvzl1m men to rape a white girl, it was really the fault of Alan Jones, Andrew Bolt, Tony Abbott, Cardinal Pell and Donald Trump.

190. None

He has Hodgkins disease according to today’s news

I hope it metastasizes fast.

191. Twostix

Without Howard as PM we’d never have had Cronulla which forever stopped us having our own Rotherhams.

His unapologetic nationalism galvanised the everyman to say no.

192. Twostix

Everyone in the “leb” community knew what their sons were up to. 14 of them, I heard they sent group texts to 40 people at a time to come join in!

Just like everyone in paki community, from the top down knew what their sons were up to in england.

For them this was the start of a global assault.

193. None

The Gaia Retreat is probably the perfect place for a recovering r****t. He could also move in with Cunneen.

194. Steve trickler

Good stuff Zip.

Gestapo Oppression Occupation Gang of Leftists Extremists are on the chopping block.

195. None

Twostix – not all Lebanese are like that not even Lebanese Muslims. But there is a small subset that thinks that non Muslim women are non persons. If they treated a Muslim woman like they treated those girls they would have been hung before daylight. The women that is. /sarc

196. Twostix

Make no mistake either, the skaff one was the worst but it was by no means the only.

NSW was under labor then, and as in the UK, leftwing anglosphere parties had determined to suppress these crimes by their n3w chosen shock troops. This one was just too egregious and the culture of nationalism during the 2000’s fostered by Howard allowed people to stand up.

197. None

Twostix – not all Lebanese are like that not even Lebanese M—ms. But there is a small subset that thinks that non M—m women are non persons. If they treated a M—m woman like they treated those girls they would have been hung before daylight. The woman that is. /sarc

198. Sinclair Davidson

Despite myself I’m always astonished by the left’s ability to pull bullshit right out of their arses and then throw faeces at everyone else.

Seems to me that the right should not follow on down that path.

So an ad where the marketing department were trying to be clever and really needed a kick in the backside should not be conflated with sexual deviancy.

Let’s not become puritan prudes.

199. None

I mean you have to ask yourself how these inbred m************ like this cats ended up in Australia that is because even the Lebanese wanted them out of their own country. We saw that with all the boat people how many psych cases and criminals and unsavouries washed up. The number of STIs and all sorts of other grotesque diseases they carried which suggested that there was no way these people could come up with USD$50,000 for passage unless they were assisted and we all know who did that.

200. custard

Just reading the dead tree edition of the Sunday Times and I see David Penberthy in his column has described Israel Folau as a “wholly well-meaning and deeply unintelligent person who has landed himself in a pickle of his own creation ”

WTF?

201. Sinclair Davidson

deeply unintelligent person

Well he is a rugby player.

202. Ellie

Let’s not become puritan prudes.

Hear hear!!

203. Oh come on

Just watch the Twitter video of Trudeau’s attempted handshake with Bolsonaro. That is some epic, epic snubbery right there. Looks him right in the face and then pointedly turns and shakes someone else’s hand. Bolsonaro is gold.

204. bespoke

Who gave Sinc permission the comment?

205. candy

Refusing to shake hands seems a bit childish, even if Trudeau is a far lefty type.

206. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Gang rapist Mohammed Skaf: His life behind bars

It can be revealed that Skaf received treatment for Hodgkin’s disease in a prisoners’ ward of the Prince of Wales Hospital.

“He was handcuffed to a hospital bed for almost 12 months and his family were forbidden access to him,” Mr Juweinat said.

207. Perth Trader

Custard…The news.com poll shows the divide in aust. Of 150687 people who answered ‘Should Folua been sacked ‘?….53% yes…47% no.

208. John64

Chutzpah on steroids was The Soupman opining yesterday about the Folau imbroglio and starting that there is no crisis of free speech in Australia.

This coming from a former senior bureaucrat in an organisation that relentlessly pursued four university students for three years for complaining that they were refused access to a university teaching facility on racial grounds.

209. Steve trickler

Worthy of repeat. For the lurkers.

Gaia will be pleased with her namesake.

Yeah, nah.
    That wasn’t a survey of Australia.
    It was a survey of the clickbait seagulls who hang around news dot com dot au waiting for the next chip.

212. None

I’d cut pembo some slack on that, custard, even though I have no time for pembo. Whatever you think of Israel Folau’s opinions or religion he is without guile. There is nothing I have seen or heard that suggests there is any
    malice or ill will. He is no towering intellect that’s for sure but I will credit him with some street smarts lacking in the supercilious elite. He has played a very smart PR game for example and Gofundme’s pompous posturing was just a gift. As to whether it was of his own making: the truth is most people religious or otherwise) would self-censor and that says a lot already .

213. Crossie

Tonight at the Logies I wonder how many “celebrities” will trash Israel Folau? Or will it be all of them, the litmus test?

214. Oh come on

pull bullshit right out of their arses and then throw faeces

For the sake of hygiene at Starbucks, I hope they wash their hands when they’re done with all of that poo handling.

Ha, ha.
    Good on Bolsonaro.
    Trudeau slags off at people for the cheer squad at home and then tried to be part of the club like nothing has happened.

216. Oh come on

Refusing to shake hands seems a bit childish

Neh. Screw Trudeau. He’s probably described Bolsonaro as far right, a fascist or one of the standard lefty talking points about the Brazilian president, and Bolsonaro isn’t impressed. I don’t have a problem with not making nice with someone who has gone out of their way to insult you.

217. None:

Never met one.
    They’re as scarce as rocking horse shit.

218. Crossie

Yeah, nah.
    That wasn’t a survey of Australia.

Self-selected sample should be viewed with deep suspicion. To be fair, running the same survey on this site would come up with a result that simply reflects the opinions of readers here and not Australia as a whole.

They should ask this question of people who pay to watch rugby.

219. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Old mate at Kangaroo Court had said something potentially actionable about Folau.

Time we threw ol’ Shane under the bus I reckon.

220. None

Winston, all the Lebanese I’ve known or worked with over the years have been fantastically fine.

Tulsi G has really bad facial skin and shows her top gums when she smiles.

Not good.

222. None

Yes refusing to shake hands does strike me as a bit childish but then Trudeau is a child.

223. candy

Well, it’s on the world stage and a little conservative courtesy would not go astray.

224. vr

Bret Stephens is getting dragged for his latest column.

Sitting beside Week in Pictures at Powerline is this article on Bob Newhart.
    Still performing at 89.
    Reminds me I must dredge up some of his old work.
    Very funny guy.

226. Oh come on

I disagree with the article where it claims Trudeau is liked abroad. Not really. Those who know of him regard him as a joke and a lightweight.

That cringey trip to India did his credibility irreparable damage.

227. None

Despite the news.com clickbait I’m surprised that there were that many who clicked that they supported Folau . Mind you I love those sorts of surveys because I like clicking all sorts of “wrong ” or incoherent answers.

They should ask this question of people who pay to watch rugby.

Statistically invalid.
    Sample size would be too low.

229. candy:

Would you have shaken hands with Stalin?
    In the spirit of diplomacy I would have let him know beforehand that it wasn’t on, but had he pushed the issue I would have stepped back and refused.

230. areff

A prude I might be (a surprise to some), but even the singer concedes it its loaded with double allusions:

“Black Velvet has little to do with the cheesy black velvet Elvis paintings from the 60’s, short of being a metaphor comprised of several entendres. Nor ANYTHING to do with alcohol as, contrary to popular myth, I do not drink (nor take drugs or smoke). What it’s referring to are the voice of African Americans whom Elvis championed, Elvis’ black hair, his voice sounded like black velvet, with soulful, black stylings sung in the American south that were like velvet on the ear drums, etc… I would know, after all. The song was written for me to sing on my first record.”

The hair-tossing and come-hither look the director has featured are most offputting. For their next ad, maybe Skoda could a tribute to painted and sexualised JonBenet Ramsay.

231. None

Candy, Trudeau publicly slandered Bolsinaro. I’m happy for Trudeau to be publicly reprimanded for the same. He should be grateful that Bolsinaro just didn’t deck him.

JC

#3066787, posted on June 30, 2019 at 1:26 pm

Tulsi G has really bad facial skin and shows her top gums when she smiles.

Not good.

As revealed here yesterday, JC, this is a very unfussy crowd.
    Some would even do AOC without a dimmer switch.

233. Sinclair Davidson

Bret Stephens is getting dragged for his latest column.

Details please.

234. None:

He’s smart enough to know he isn’t the brightest bulb in every room he enters – unlike a lot of people – and he’s smart enough to take advice from smarter people than himself.

235. Sinclair Davidson

areff – I am surprised at you.

You need to get out more.

Come for tea tonight. 5 o’clock my place.

A little test on the girl singing in the car.
    I knew the advert and had seen it several times.
    We are in the market to flip our car in the next 12 months.
    I had no memory that it was advertising Skoda.
    Advertising wankery with zero sales cut-through.