Tuesday Forum: August 20, 2019

2,208 Responses to Tuesday Forum: August 20, 2019

1. Geriatric Mayfly

Alex will know all about his monthly cycle and the optimum time to conceive then.

2. Infidel Tiger

Smith ruled out. Ashes gone.

#3136427, posted on August 20, 2019 at 9:44 pm

If you second or transfer an employee overseas, the Fair Work Act 2009 will still have coverage if during the overseas assignment:
    •the employee’s primary place of work remains in Australia; and

He was classed as an Oz employee, seconded to us for management control.

4. Infidel Tiger

Is that $3400 per day or per hour?

5. twostix

but has been co-opted and controlled by a secretive, cross-party cabal.

Their name?

The bugman class.

6. pete m

lol 9 points is piss poor effort. Glad you didn’t play 18 holes! I’ve hit 48 points, then found my social handicap reduced by 5 shots overnight!

Carpe – Not clear about the ending – surely not your job ended?

7. Cassie of Sydney

“hzhousewife
    #3136417, posted on August 20, 2019 at 9:34 pm
    The interwebs tell me that MP Alex Greenwich and his husband Victor hope to have babies one day.”

This makes me feel sick. I don’t have anything good to say about the repugnant individual called Alex Greenwich and this is one of the reasons why I am totally, totally opposed to surrogacy.

8. Is that $3400 per day or per hour?

For an operator on salary that is per month

9. Oh come on

Not trying to have a go, carpster. I’m genuinely surprised by how low those numbers are. A WA teacher gets paid more than $8k a month, works Monday-Friday, 12 weeks’ holiday a year and so forth

10. Infidel Tiger

Kudos to Barnaby Joyce during that evil witch berejiklians baby murdering rampage.

He has done everything he can to thwart the evil afoot.

11. Carpe – Not clear about the ending – surely not your job ended?

Not at all, the board is very happy how i handled the matter. My meeting late Monday evening was to explain how the process has worked and my thoughts on the matter.

The short version is we won’t be hiring expats on an Oz based contract.

A shame really

12. twostix

The Bill is still expected to pass — thanks to Labor and Nationals votes with the majority of Liberals opposing it

There is no opposition.

Most of the liberals opposing are only doing so because they must do so to retain their seats. The deals have been made between the parties.

There is indeed a secretive cross party cabal operating and it is operating internationally across and between all anglosphere nations. It is no coincidence that these laws are being rammed through all over the anglosphere under the exact same circumstances at the same time.

And as we see in America: it crosses into the bureaucracy too and nearly toppled a president, it cuts across the corporate boardroom and media.

It is the establishment of new class structure, and it is flexing its muscle.

13. miltonf

That the royals are thick with someone like Elton john says a lot about them. Time for a republic ( a real one).

14. Cassie of Sydney

“Infidel Tiger
    #3136438, posted on August 20, 2019 at 9:51 pm

He has done everything he can to thwart the evil afoot.”

Agree…I also reckon that Barnaby can see the collapse of the NSW Nats…how they have morphed into a rural branch of the NSW Greens.

15. Oh come on
    #3136437, posted on August 20, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Thats fine, you have to understand this is classed as unskilled labour. Basically a machine operator is in the same classification as a labourer.

However, tax is only 26% and there is nothing to spend your cash on except beer or smokes, so $90K +food and accommodation is a pretty good deal, a lot of guys apply when there is a vacancy.

16. Infidel Tiger

The Nats have long been far left scum.

Much like the CWA, the target was acquired, infiltrated and captured.

17. classical_hero

It’s weird how numbers can still post here yet srr got banned.

18. twostix

Who will stand against it?

Any party that made a serious inroad against it will find themselves facing the now shell-parties, media, corpocracy and bureaucracy in that order.

If they don’t stop when they receive the four standard warnings shots (“Bizarre Rant” story from the media, “Condemned as X,Y or Z” by the current inner party leader, “Rejected” by corporate power 1,2,3 and finally – the big guns: “Warned” by ASIO), they will be promptly investigated and imprisoned.

They only way forward is to retake the parties from the inside.

19. Oh come on
    #3136437, posted on August 20, 2019 at 9:50 pm

PS
    Offshore allowances aren’t taxed

20. RobK

My thoughts are with you Carpe. The joys of hiring.

21. Oh come on

So any doof can apply for that job or do you have to know somebody (MUA style)?

22. Knuckle Dragger

pete m,

I know right? Two weeks ago I handed in 27 points for nine.

If golf was banned in this country homicidal rage would be extinct in a week.

23. Carpe, next time you go to sack an Oz jurisdiction employee, call me first, ffs.
    That should have gone down quite differently.
    Depends how hard your company is in backing judgement.
    Did your in-house legal have any prior experience with the Fair Work Act?

24. Ivan Denisovich

Looks that way.

Meanwhile, pro-life campaign group Right to Life is alerting politicians to the brutality of the new abortion regime, which could turn Northern Ireland into the late-term abortion capital of Europe.

Under the new laws, abortions can be performed almost anywhere, including schools and mobile clinics; sex-selective abortion will be legal; young girls will not be required to get parental consent; and a doctor’s involvement will not be necessary.

The bill will also permit disability-selective abortion for babies with Down syndrome, cleft lip and clubfoot and babies born alive after abortion will be legally left to die.

The bill will also fast-track abortions to do away with a “consideration period” for the mother and independent counseling for women will be provided to women seeking abortion.

In the case of twins, it will also be legal to select one to live and one to die and there and will be no pain relief for babies during abortions.

The state will also have the authority to force women to have abortions and will not permit pro-life doctors to conscientiously object.

25. miltonf

Also, Michael smith says the pommy high commissioner is pressuring the the Oz government re globull warming.

26. Heck, I’ve sacked tradesmen chefs for not making toast brown enough to my liking, & their Fair Work case, that they & their “Fair Work specialist legal practitioner” have though was I was cooked goose, & on the day it has gone tits up on them.

27. Oh come on

Stevie. The grown-ups are talking. Take your blowhardery elsewhere.

28. Stevie. The grown-ups are talking. Take your blowhardery elsewhere.

I’m serious,
    Not interested in your juvenile bullshit, dickhead.

29. One thing stands out to me, the Commissioner was far from impartial. (They rarely are).

30. feelthebern

You paid $3400 & spent some time with FWC.
    Good outcome.

31. feelthebern

The FWC just want you settle.

32. You paid $3400 & spent some time with FWC.
    Good outcome.

33. Oh come on

So, Stevie. Let me get this straight. For years you have whined here about all of the ways the help has attempted to take advantage of you. Now you disclose the following:

Whoops!

34. The FWC just want you settle.

My favourite pastime, before I took to ignoring the mediation, was to play with the “impartial” mediator.
    Within 60 seconds you can have them robustly arguing a partisan case for the employee, without them realising what they’ve walked into.

35. feelthebern

Carpe, I’m surprised that diesel didn’t get lifted.
    The stories I’ve heard about what goes on in Africa re diesel.
    Life is cheap.
    A lot cheaper than 50,000 litres of diesel.

36. feelthebern

Diesel is liquid gold.

37. Oh come on

Stevie: woe is me! My employees are always trying to rip me off and Canbewwa doesn’t care!

Also Stevie: big powerful me will crush crush CRUSH any of my serfs who fail to toast my bread to my liking or look at me funny and there’s nothing anyone can do about it muahahahaha!

You’re such a turd, Stevie. Nobody pay attention to this idiot.

38. Knuckle Dragger

This, from someone that equates a DVA Gold Card to a Victoria Cross.

You’re really really bad at this by the way.

Not judgin’. Just sayin’.

Driller

I’m not going to join a pile on, unlike you, you boofheaded coward. But let me say this. In your deary narcissistic pubblig attempts, about which you’ve been warned, you do always come across as the jilted lover, the sad anguished girl – jilted by her lover who was a jerk all along. This is a new side of you we just don’t want to see.

Was the toast too light or too brown? Also why the hell haven’t you invested in those conveyor-like toasters that you see at every single hotel instead of paying some bloke to toast freaking bread for the breakfast customers. Those contraptions do exist. Buy one.

40. Oh come on
    #3136466, posted on August 20, 2019 at 10:27 pm

I’ve also sacked people for being less of a fuckhead than you are.
    That may put into perspective for you where you stand on the totem pole.
    Your juvenile nonsense may be accepted by some low-rent outfit, but it wouldn’t wash in my workplace.

Go chuck a 2-hour sad. Pretend I said Numbers isn’t the type to doxx anyone – you were still throwing a hissy fit like a teenage highschool girl two & a half hours later, last time I said that.

You intellectual powerhouse of decorum & maturity.

41. Anyone know the Italian for “I don’t give two hoots about your opinion coz it doesn’t rate?”

OCO

I never, I swear in all these years, I never realized he was such a toast nazi. And all he has to do is purchase one of those conveyor toasters. I bet he never knew they existed. In the end it would be cheaper than hiring a dude to do it. Drills can even set the conveyor timer with the dial.

43. JC, please explain why you believe my place does not use such toasters.
    After that, please explain the place of such a toaster in 5-star bespoke cuisine.

I’ll check back later to see what you came up with.

44. feelthebern

Lol.
    & numbers says he provides the only counter point.
    Moron, the arguments at the Cat are the best in all of Christendom.

45. MatrixTransform

$3400 is payout before tax and he has to pay his own legal

Change he to she, and I had a divorce like that in 2007

and she reckoned she had me dead to rights

46. feelthebern

It’s coming up to 12 hours since “The Slappening”.

Driller

Serious question, why don’t you have one of those contraptions at the highway stopover?

Also, for your longevity sake, as I really don’t care, Sinc doesn’t like ethnic slurs on his blog.

48. Oh come on

You talking to me, MK50? You plagiarising pseudo-intellectual.

JC, please explain why you believe my place does not use such toasters.

I’ll check back later to see what you came up with.

You said, you have a bloke toasting the bread, you boofhead. Do you even know what the fuck you write from post to post. It’s like the movie memento with you. You can’t recall, so scroll up and see what you wrote, you nobhead.

50. MatrixTransform

basta

51. Knuckle Dragger

Actually OCO, I was talking to you. And despite your fevered night terrors, I am not and never have been Mk50. You, however, have all the hallmarks of Liability Bob with half a bottle of Vat 69 in him.

Show me something I’ve plagiarised. And don’t insult me by calling me an intellectual.

52. Oh come on

Are the hot young chicks at the gym still eyeing up your saggy septuagenarian arse cheeks, Mark?

Oh come on
    #3136477, posted on August 20, 2019 at 10:38 pm

You talking to me, MK50? You plagiarising pseudo-intellectual.

Which one is Marcus Adonis? Surely he hasn’t stolen Driller’s nameplate?

54. feelthebern

People still eat bread?
    Toasted or otherwise?

55. MatrixTransform

toasted, rubbed with raw garlic, buttered like fuck and dazzled with grated parmesan.

56. feelthebern

numbers couldn’t afford Vat 69.
    He’s more a Brown Cat man.
    To show solidarity with the indigenous peoples.

57. Oh come on

Knuckly, drop the act. Or don’t. You say you’re not MK50, but I say you are. Deny it all you like.

58. Peter, formerly known as Memoryvault

They only way forward is to retake the parties from the inside.

No longer possible, Twostix.
    Libs, Labor, Nats an the Greens now have systems in place to control the branch structure.
    Effectively it’s now a closed shop system.

+++

59. MatrixTransform

followed with dark chocolate kit kat and whisky.

…buuurp

OCO

I don’t think it’s Marcus Adonis. It’s very funny because he just can’t help himself as he’s so angry with me he can’t hold back. The dead giveaway whenever the plagiarist taxeater shows up here is that he immediately attacks me with the overuse of adjectives. The anger just gets to him. It’s fucking hilarious.

61. Fisky

This is the endgame for Morrison. Total victory.

PNG offers to resettle remaining Manus Island asylum-seekers

The Morrison government has welcomed Papua New Guinea’s decision to offer the remaining asylum-seekers seekers on Manus Island the opportunity to resettle in the island’s capital of Port Moresby.

A Department of Home Affairs spokeswoman today confirmed PNG’s new voluntary resettlement offer and said refugees would be provided with accommodation and support services if they chose to relocate.

“The Australian government is aware that the Papua New Guinea (PNG) Immigration and Citizenship Authority has offered the regional processing cohort on Manus Island the opportunity to transfer to Port Moresby,” the Department of Home Affairs spokeswoman said in a statement.

62. Knuckle Dragger

I’ve told you before OCO, you paranoid conspiracy freak. Go and ask management.

You make srr look like Fred Nile.

I’m aware of Adonis’ work – he was routinely skewered by JC, and nicely too. But I’m not him either.

As I have repeatedly said, I am a millionaire secret agent astronaut.

Or…… AM I? Idiot.

Now, front up with this plagiarism, please. This should be good.

63. feelthebern

Big business trying to get IR laws changed can go get fucked.
    As shit as our laws are, big business were AWOL at the election so should get zero rewards.
    In fact, the Libs should should penalise big business somehow.

64. I’ll type this slowly, so JC is able to read it.
    Not all cooking is the same. Or handled in the same way.
    Those toaster things he mentions are for punters to make self-serve toast at a buffet breakfast.
    He may also wish to spend some time pondering the following:
    Dismissals for negligence/misconduct etc are never for an isolated incident.
    A Chef sacked for turning out a below-standard meal may have…. taken shortcuts.
    Undercooked toast is akin to undercooked meat. If the dish calls for an ingredient to be cooked .. just.. so! then it is to be cooked … just so!

Does JC have a quick opinion on how he’d feel if he ordered & paid for a medium steak at dinner with Monty, & the steak came out on the blue side of blue, coz the chefs felt like knocking off for the night, so didn’t bother to cook his steak?
    Please answer this last point.

65. Oh come on

And MK50, you completely want to be seen as an intellectual. Just look at that article you posted here that you plagiarised from American Thinker. You so wanted to be an expert that you stole someone else’s expertise and pretended it was your own.

What the hell?
    Really?

More fake Chinese police cars are spotted in Australian cities as locals fear they’re trying to intimidate Hong Kong protesters – and cops STILL won’t take action.

Police are investigating sightings of cars that have a Chinese Police logo and the word ‘police’ written on them in Mandarin, similar to the police cars stationed in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square.

The sightings have been confirmed by authorities in South Australia and Western Australia.

67. feelthebern

Hey, KD is a good chap.
    Never met him, but I like the cut of his jib.
    See the quartermaster for an extra ration of rum.

68. twostix

Steve.

The very last time though, Jupes ripped his head off SAS style over the idiot’s claim every young sheila was admiring his body. As someone said, it was possibly the saddest comment ever made at the Cat. Driller and him a drinking buddies.

70. Fisky

We are the Crimea of the south Pacific.

71. Big business trying to get IR laws changed can go get fucked.
    In fact, the Libs should should penalise big business somehow.

+200,000
    & + another 200,000 for the horse they rode in on.

72. Oh come on

Go and ask management.

Ask what?

73. More fake Chinese police cars have been spotted in major cities as the number of rallies in support of Hong Kong democracy protests grows across Australia.

I’m beginning to see the benefits of importing a few experienced Car-B-Q experts from France.

74. feelthebern

SATP, you’ve got to stop serving bread.
    That shit will kill you.

75. This may be hard to believe but the government doesn’t deal with a small business owner and his domestic squabble with his meth head cook who doesn’t cook toast properly in some kitchen in the middle of QLD in the same manner as they deal with complaints made by employees against their corporate managers in mid-large mining, civil construction, banking companies, etc.

Seriously twostix, you shouldn’t comment on things you neither understand nor know anything of.
    Seriously.

Driller, I’m not a mind reader. This is what you wrote and this is what I indirectly responded to.

As I said, invest in a conveyor toaster and it will make things easier for you. Hell, I don’t know anything about commercial cooking, but I’ve seen plenty of conveyor toasters in my time. Read up (see the link (I provided) on them as it could save you some man hours, you drongo.

77. feelthebern

That Robbo chap on PM Live is such a fucking weasel.
    He wants unfair dismissal actions to only be allowed to be handled by unions.

78. twostix

Remember when people seriously advocated for completely open borders? People in this very place!

This is the result of their mild (compared to what they want!) influence on our border laws: Chinese Police patrolling their citizens who are preparing to do battle over Chinese domestic politics…in our cities.

Who could ever have imagined that?

79. Knuckle Dragger

‘Just look at that article you posted here that you plagiarised from American Thinker. You so wanted to be an expert that you stole someone else’s expertise and pretended it was your own.’

OK. I get that American Thinker’s an online magazine or blog or somesuch. I’ve never looked at it, let alone referred to it and let alone posted something here from it, you colossal buffoon. I hardly link anything from anywhere as it is.

Have you finished packing for your trip to raid Area 51 next month with the rest of the retarded orangutangs?

Or was that too intellectual? Too high-falutin’?

80. As I said, invest in a conveyor toaster and it will make things easier for you

Please explain how.
    Feel free to include a copy of your Cordon Bleu certificate de cuisine. (Just so I don’t think you’re a random blogger talking shit he just made up)

81. twostix

More fake Chinese police cars

Also those cars are in no way “fake” – the Chinese have got their police out here policing the chinese.

82. MatrixTransform

probably forgot to mention the ravioli, tomato, oregano, parsley, and slow gin flavored Napolitana.

Socrates, you need a new cookie ?

Seriously.

Will you please stop. This act is getting really old and it makes you look like the the Cat’s Fredo. In fact I may start calling you Fredo if you keep this shit up.

84. feelthebern

SATP how do you keep your scrambled eggs at the breakfast buffett fluffy?
    A lot of placed use (even high end ones) use that powdered stuff.
    Especially in the US.

85. Socrates, you need a new cookie ?

Most of the time.
    Australia has a desperate shortage of commercial cooking skill.
    Anyone who is capable of taking the flame out from under a tin of baked beans before they go black & charred, is likely to be offered a job as a “Chef” in this country.
    The shortage is that desperate.

86. Fisky

Behrouz Boochani

@BehrouzBoochani

Amnesty says: ‘The PNG govt are ultimately doing the right thing in welcoming these people into their community & giving them freedom from detention” Such an unacceptable comment by Amnesty. Dear
    @amnesty never forget that we can’t live in this country.

But you’ve lived in PNG for 6 years??? What’s the problem? Lovely holiday destination!

Please explain how.

How?
    Order one online, you nincompoop. Make sure it’s not to American voltage as you’ll have to send it back.

88. Infidel Tiger

In fact, the Libs should should penalise big business somehow.

Everyone eventually comes around to my position.

The corporate tax rate must be raised.

Corporatism must be punished.

89. SATP how do you keep your scrambled eggs at the breakfast buffett fluffy?

We’re not that lowbrow. Breakfast is usually cooked to order.

90. twostix

Finally regarding the Chinese, specifically “Australian” “Chinese” that we’re told are as aussie as pavlova, erm, not great optics that they drop everything and turn up to get all stroppy about Chinese domestic politics if they’re so Australian, is it?

They’ll always be Chinese.

We’re not that lowbrow. Breakfast is usually cooked to order.

Give us a rundown of the breakfast menu. What’s on the go?

92. ffs, JC, don’t be obtuse all your life.
    How would one of those toasters make it “easier” for me?

93. Give us a rundown of the breakfast menu. What’s on the go?

What would you like sir?

(btw, that model toaster you linked, how much do you reckon spare parts cost for that thing?)

94. feelthebern

Alan Jones had this uppity Iraqi on his program tonight.
    He played the victim, but he was a doctor in Iraq.
    That meant he was from the privileged, Ba’ath party who had his privileged world turn upside-down post the Iraq war.
    Credlin was onto him.
    We should have accepted zero Sunni, Ba’ath party “refugees” post the Iraq war.
    It’s the same as accepting members of the SS post WWII.

95. Oh come on

Um, Marky Mark. Look at the way you’re carrying on in your attempt to deny that you’re MK50. Very reminiscent of…who? Oh that’s right – MK50!

You know what gives you away, Mark? The effort you’re expending to deny you’re MK50. You care far too much to not be MK50.

96. Knuckle Dragger

‘Ask what?’

I. Have. Told. You. This. Before.

You. Obviously. Haven’t. Because. You’re. Still. Foaming. At. The. Mouth.

Go ask blog management if I’m Mk50, or MarkL. (?) from Canberra, or Iampeter or Harken or testpattern or whoever else is inside your tiny mind [Sinc, it’s OK with me]. There, he has my express permission to tell you. Like he did last time.

Now finish your panther piss, then spray half a can of Lynx into a sandwich bag (paper or plastic). Take half a dozen really deep breaths from it, through the nose, as a nightcap. When you wake up covered in your own vomit, do as I asked and cease this rank stupidity.

The retardedness is strong with this one.

97. MatrixTransform

Anyone who is capable of taking the flame out from under a tin of baked beans

we overnighted in Bendigo the other week and sampled some cafe and some Nonnas Italian.

…seriously good.

impressed.

(my parents owned restaurants)

Ffs, JC, don’t be obtuse all your life.
    How would one of those toasters make it “easier” for me?

Are you really asking this? You set the timer to the exact speed the bread goes in and comes out.

Drills, slow would mean on the brown on slightly to burnt side. Fast the opposite. Am I really having to explain this to you?

99. feelthebern

OCO, what’s up your bum tonight ?

100. Oh come on

Dear
    @amnesty never forget that we can’t live in this country.

Behrouz can always go back to Iran.

101. twostix

That’s a foregone conclusion.

Which makes the last 30 years of some people tut-tutting about us doing the same to the Japs in WW2 seem a bit childish and pathetic.

102. feelthebern

Best crepes I’ve ever had were in Mudgee (that’s in NSW for out of state Cats).

103. JC, those things have two main controls.
    The amount of heat in the element(s)
    the speed of the chain.

Get past the crap about how to order one (online, ffs – you civilians are so funny) & how to switch one on.
    Your claim was that having one would “help” me. How would it help me?

104. Oh come on

I. Have. Told. You. This. Before.

You. Obviously. Haven’t. Because. You’re. Still. Foaming. At. The. Mouth.

Thanks for confirming you’re Mark, Mark. You freaking weirdo.

105. feelthebern

Best pancakes I’ve ever had was at a Dennys in the US.

106. MatrixTransform

ffs.

boy’s night is now Tuesday …just before midnite

107. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Yes, Cassie. PML was certainly,worth a watch tonight. Latham certainly has the capacity to nail it with a few well chosen words. Inspiring.

108. feelthebern

KD, can you fill us in on what OCO’s beef is with you?
    I missed its origins.

109. If WW3 breaks out with China we’re going to have to deport, spy on and intern a lot of Chinese.

Gonna be one helluva can of worms that one.

110. jupes

Regarding Big Al Jones:

Yes he is a complete fuckwit with regards to fracking and “prime agricultural land”. He was also wrong about the Wagners and I was glad he lost the defamation case brought by them.

On the other hand he is superb and very well researched on many other fronts e.g. (off the top of my head):

His columns in the Australian about Israel Folau were so good that I bought the stupid paper whenever he wrote one.
    He has reached more people while exposing the global warming hoax than anyone else in Australia including Bolt. Lefties actually try (unsuccessfully) to debunk him.
    He beclowned Chris Bowen on TV when he was shadow treasurer. Bowen didn’t know the tax scales and tried to tap-dance but Jones nailed him. Great television.
    He is very influential in NSW and played a huge part in having the greyhound ban overturned.

Jones has opinions on so many subjects that there will always be something you disagree with him on, however he is one of the few genuine warriors against lefties in this country that I reckon we are much better off with him than without him.

111. twostix

Most of the time.
    Australia has a desperate shortage of commercial cooking skill.
    The shortage is that desperate.

112. MatrixTransform

Yes, Cassie.

faaaark!

113. Whalehunt Fun

There are cheaper options.

114. Delcon

Not the same thing at all.
    The Japs who settled in the States pre-WWII did so at a time when the two nations were friendly (as opposed to us and China who were on two opposing sides of the Cold War, not to mention the Korea and Vietnam wars). The Japs loyalty to the States and their American patriotism was no less than the average American citizen.
    Their internment was nothing more than a stupid, senseless act of revenge by a stupid angry president who was caught with his pants down in Pearl Harbour.

115. That’s because most of the restaurant owners in Australia are crooked egotistical clowns a day away from bankruptcy and regularly shaft their employees and its the worst industry in Australia to be employed in with the worst pay, worst hours and worst bosses out of any industry.

You could benefit from a good brush-up on the Fair Work Act. You’re not even allowed to whip the help these days, not even the cooks.
    Cheffing, as tough as it may be, is a gentle stroll in the park compared to stationhand or farmhand.

Behrouz can always go back to Iran.

He can’t as he’s dead. He was our rug salesman in Melbourne. No not hair. He’s had the best selection of rugs in the world from Persian to anything you wanted made. One weekend last year, we went to his store to check on some rugs we were getting and wifey spoke to him. He reckoned he was feeling sick and that evening he was leaving for Germany. Lord knows why. A few weeks later his office called and told us he died of pneumonia in a kraut hospital. That was the end of him.

Seriously great rugs.

117. Infidel Tiger

Should be happening now, not when WWIII kicks off.

We are also going to have to imprison thousands upon thousands of business people, politicians and bureaucrats who are compromised.

There’s a girl from HK in my office who is often on Facebook talking about how the protests are damaging the HK economy. First chance I get, she is being let go. Until then she is under extremely close watch and being frozen out.

118. feelthebern

FDR was a totalitarian toadie.

Most of the time.
    Australia has a desperate shortage of commercial cooking skill.
    The shortage is that desperate.

Landlady, at my local, said pub chefs came in three categories – maniac depressive, suicidal or alcoholic – “and the one we’ve just got rid of was all three.”

120. twostix

The good thing about the Chinese is that they’re extremely racist and don’t intermingle with Australians very much, instead preferring to cluster together in the same suburbs and industries. That will make it easy to round up Chinese nationalists for deportation and internment if we have to go to war with their nation.

121. MatrixTransform

Seriously great rugs.

I like the tiger one but the rest look like they were conjured by Numpty after a bong

JC, those things have two main controls.
    The amount of heat in the element(s)
    the speed of the chain.

Your claim was that having one would “help” me. How would it help me?

I can’t. I cannot help you.

123. feelthebern

If she’s from HK, isn’t she one of the “good” ones ?

124. I can’t. I cannot help you.

So you spoke bullshit?
    You just made something up?
    How.unusual.for.you.I’m.totally.surprised.

125. Oh come on

Mark, you knucklehead. You’ve totally overplayed your hand. I suspect few here give a shit whether you’re MK50 or not. I don’t. But you clearly do – just look at how worked up you’ve become in your denials. If you weren’t MK50, you simply wouldn’t care about being labelled MK50 as much as you demonstrably do. Oooooops!

So you spoke bullshit?
    You just made something up?
    How.unusual.for.you.I’m.totally.surprised.

No I didn’t and stop going into this old routine. I cannot help you because you don’t want to be helped.

127. feelthebern

You can design your own rug online these days.
    Going to a shop is an odd way to do it.

128. Natural Instinct

Keeping up with who is top of the Victim Totem Pole is so damn hard

The Palestinian Authority (PA) has banned LGBT activities in the West Bank, launching a search for gay rights activists. The main target of the crackdown is a group called Al-Qaws for Sexual & Gender Diversity in Palestinian Society. The leading Palestinian gay rights group was planning to hold a meeting of its members later this month.
    “The attack on us is unprecedented,” a member of Al-Qaws told The Jerusalem Post. “They are calling us traitors and corrupt people, and many are calling for our execution. We are afraid for our lives.”

The Palestinian police are urging the public to inform on LGBT activities. The authorities called on people “to contact the police and report any person who has a connection to this [Al-Qaws] organization,” the watchdog Pal Media Watch reported citing Palestinian police sources.
    The Palestinian crackdown is a slap in the face of Western LGBT groups supporting a vicious Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel. Several LGBT rights activists in Europe and North America have rallied under the banner of “Queers for Palestine” to vilify Israel, the only safe haven for gays in the entire Middle East.

129. As a matter of slight interest, I just replaced the top element in one of those toasters JC linked to.
    The cost of the element: $541.20

A few days later the bottom element went: $721.00
    & they’re not quite as easy to change as they may first appear to be.

130. Zatara

the EPA found that fracking contributes to drinking water contamination during all stages of the process:

Well that’s odd. Only two months before that the EPA said just the opposite.

Let me see, article written on 15 Dec, 2016. Wasn’t there an election thingee in the US in Nov of 2016?

So… fracking was good when Obama was President and Hillary was the overwhelming fave to replace him, but bad when Trump took over.

One might just think that both the left-wing stuffed EPA and the publisher of that piece had agenda that had nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with “Orange man bad”.

131. Infidel Tiger

If she’s from HK, isn’t she one of the “good” ones ?

That’s what I thought, but she has been having huge fights on Facebook with her Honkongese friends about the protests.

I’m taking their side and will be ending her career.

132. feelthebern

Hard for BDS to continue with all this Pali anti LBGT stuff going on.

133. You cannot explain yourself JC, you made some bullshit up, got called on it, & couldn’t deliver.
    Situation normal, in other words.

134. jupes

No, it was prudent. At a time of war, you cannot trust every person that came from the enemy. If in doubt, lock them up or chuck them out.

135. twostix

Certainly there’s going to have to be a reckoning for the many, many people in positions of influence and institutionaly authority in our society who have casually taken Chinese money for so long convincing themselves of China’s benevolence and, almost without realising it themselves, became mouthpieces for Chinese national interests.

The list is long.

Politicians
    Bureaucrats
    NGO’s
    Many environmentalist groups
    University faculty.

136. feelthebern

IT, you sound like that David Thorne fellow.
    Oops, have I just doxed you?

137. dover_beach

IT is righteous. Feelthebern is now on low-level watch.

The cost of the element: $541.20

A few days later the bottom element went: $721.00
    & they’re not quite as easy to change as they may first appear to be.

139. Oh come on

JC, I think they should make a reality TV show based on the operations of Steve’s pub. It’d be hysterical.

140. MatrixTransform

Okay not your taste.

there’s one of a horse wearing a rug.

but I can’t tell if its a rug about a horse wearing a rug

..or just a rug

too high brow for me

141. Infidel Tiger

PRC have completely captured NZ and almost got Britain until Boris intervened.

Time to end all info sharing with these countries and I would cut military ties with NZ tomorrow.

Awful people

142. feelthebern

IT has called me Chairman Mao before.
    I think I’m on more than low-level watch.

Oh come on
    #3136570, posted on August 20, 2019 at 11:27 pm

We should that British chef over to help sort things out. I think it’s a rumpus room of stupid shit going on. What’s his name?

144. You idiot. If the cost to repair the first is $541.20, you buy a fucking new one. It’s $649 on the website.

Learn to read. That was the cost of the element.
    If it is only $650 then it is most definitely not the model toaster I use.
    They’re hard enough to keep going as it is, without using the cheap junk models.

145. Infidel Tiger

FTB you were displaying deeply disturbing signs a few weeks ago.

I suspect you had a Chinese boyfriend for a few weeks.

You have recently come good, but are being monitored.

146. feelthebern

Surprise surprise BHP blames Trump on their weak outlook & shit underlying result.

147. Delcon

Well, I don’t work for you, IT, and haven’t posted a single post on Facebook for years; but, for all it’s worth: these protests *are* damaging the HK economy.
    Does that make me a Chinese spy?
    (BTW, I do agree with you on the need for ASIO to spy on Chinese over here because I wouldn’t be surprised if many of them are geniune spies. But what the girl, whether she is or isn’t also a spy, wrote, happens to be the truth.)

148. FMD.. .JC, were you recommending a domestic model toaster that cost a pissant $650?
    I thought you said you knew a bit about kitchens?
    You’re ab initio standard, at best.

149. twostix

We know the Russians were all inside the university classes, ALP, beucracts and ‘peace’ groups. The one defining characteristic of the traitor was that of class. It was the office / faculty bound upper middle classes who were their most potent turncoats.

So too now with the Chinese.

Why can’t upper middle class professionals be normal people and just be normal? Instead they have to be corrupt, traitorous and all seem to have oddball ideologies and vices.

Terrible people.

150. Knuckle Dragger

Had to start again.

Bern, it started about a month ago. Liability Bob was banging on about his Gold Card, and then someone else mentioned they had one as well, and after that Oh Cum On Me butted in to say that some rello of his had one once, and that he’d done something really special to deserve it, and that anyone else who hadn’t fought in a real war shouldn’t have one and it was cashing in and mentioned ‘stolen valour’. Which got the dander up of everyone who’d ever served.

And before I was a hot dog guy I was an infantry soldier. Then he latched onto me and said I reminded him of some other punter who used to post here when I was only a lurker, and then it entered his tiny mind that I was no less than four other punters, put solely on this Earth to annoy him. And here we are.

And I’m pulling his chain because he’s an imbecile. He turn up each night at the same time after a gob full of benzos, flails around a bit and then disappears like a cuckoo in its clock.

He’s a bit hard to comprehend because you have to push your way through a pea soup fog of Industrial Retardo to understand him.

Silly, innit?

151. Oh come on

Oh, Gordon Ramsay. The problem is he would fire Steve on the first day, which would be like axing Kramer from Seinfeld. For the show to be a laugh, you need Steve blundering about making ridiculous assertions and big-noting himself all day long.

Drills

Enough. I’m not discussing conveyor toasters with you for the rest of the night. Artie is firing a HK Chinese and Stix is getting ready to intern them all. More interesting.

153. JC just got burned by starting a toaster discussion.
    Retreats from the field.

154. Oh come on

Oh Cum On Me

LOL classy stuff, Mark. Butthurt much? Additionally, that was a long screed. You care way too much about being called Mark to not be Mark. Keep it up!

155. max

We could get the f**kin Muzzies to do it. Then they could watch each other.

156. Infidel Tiger

IT, tell me this isn’t you.

I wish it was. Funniest shit ever. I don’t have the patience for that.

157. Bar Beach Swimmer

I am reading the excellent book: Blacklisted by History , by M. Stanton Evans. (The untold story of Senator Joe McCarthy and his fight against America’s enemies). Quote from pp 478- 479 re the Eisenhower administration:
    ‘Within the White House and in the Eisenhower Cabinet, there was divisions on many topics…Some of Ike’s advisers, as might be expected in a Republican administration, were of a conservative bent…But there were still others who pushed hard for liberalisation, wanted a more leftward stance on issues, and sought an open break with conservatives in Congress… [For example, Ike speechwriter, Emmet] Hughes would provide startling insight into his own ideas and motives and the nature of his influence, in some amazingly candid comments. “I was, and am,” he wrote, “of the generation of the New Deal…While accidents of age and wartime duty and foreign assignment kept me from voting in any national elections until 1952, I would have voted, without exception, for all Democratic candidates for the presidency…In terms of American politics, I most commonly found myself a comrade, in purpose and temper, of the Democrats – and not the more conservative ones. I still do.” …Given these liberal and pro-Democratic leanings, the question perforce arises as to what Hughes was doing in a Republican White House – much less presuming to sit in judgment of GOP Cabinet members or other leaders of the party.’

It shows that nothing changes. We have here in NSW people who are in parliament as Liberals and Nationals but who are in the wrong party and who are trying (and seemingly succeeding) in devouring the government from within. (Thank you, Gladys, thank you, ball boys).

158. dover_beach

Twostix, you are on the money re the professional middle class.

159. Infidel Tiger

Wow. PRC coming for Cathay staff

Great work by their boss to protect them.

Socrates at the Pub

Genuine interest, between sacking people, spending time at the FWA or stoushing with the coppers, how do you find the time to actually run your business?

As a matter of interest 5 star restaurants do use toasters.

Why would the CEO know WTF the staff are doing on time off. They could be getting rooted by gorilla in the zoo for all he knows.

162. Knuckle Dragger

*rips mask off own face*

Curses! OCO, you were too smart all along! And I would have got away with it, if it weren’t for you meddling kids! Your brilliance doth unmask me like the field ere the dawn!

Sweetie, if it makes you feel better you can call me Mark. Mk50 even, although I’ve long forgotten what he used to post about. I could never keep up this charade in front of your blinding genius. I know that now.

Comparing your uncanny insight into the human psyche is like comparing Stephen Hawking to Agro.

I bow in front of the intellectual shadow that darkens the ambition of the other peasantry here. We can never, ever be this good. My sincere apologies for all the ruckus.

This is Mark somebody, signing off.

163. Lazlo

BBS: Likewise, the Democrats in the US are trying to destroy The Demos, that which holds us together, the acceptance of losing a vote. They did this before, in 1861. It was the same issue: race.

164. Wow. PRC coming for Cathay staff

IT, thank you for that.
    and regards the Cathy Boss:

Well done that man!

165. Knuckle Dragger

P.S.: None of the above is true, or actually happened. This is obvious to the undiscovered ape creature of the Indus, but not to this specimen.

OCO, you are indeed a fucking retard. So much so, that Liability Bob would be terrified of teaching you to read.

166. Is there anything you want to share with us JC?
    About your leisure proclivities.

167. MatrixTransform

KD == Scooby Doo

Der!

168. As a matter of interest 5 star restaurants do use toasters.

I know, I operate one.
    But not all the time, & not always an endless-chain type model.
    (Small point, the discussion was never about whether I use electric toasters or not, that was just something a civilian made up to get a discussion going)

169. max

Is it the protestors damaging HK or is it those idiots in Beijing ?

We are told all this unrest in the streets harms business, and we should be bursting into tears at the sight of real-estate moguls like Prada’s landlord, Allan Zeman and Hysan cutting retail rents.

At this point, our friendly neighbourhood Communist Party says ‘here, hold my beer’ and shows what real damage to the business environment looks like.

The forced public kowtow by Cathay Pacific and parent Swire Group is punishment for the airline’s nonchalance over its employees’ involvement in Hong Kong’s protest movement. Gory details (and some arguably misleading but minor tittle-tattle) here (and more here).

The whole chain of events must permanently undermine large companies’ confidence in Hong Kong as a business location, ‘partnership’ with Mainland entities, and the idea of having good relations with China…

Group chairman Merlin Swire was summoned to Beijing and ordered to fire Cathay’s top two senior managers.
    For additional humiliation, the news was broken by state CCTV before the company had a chance to make an announcement.
    The share price plummeted (sending a message that China could ruin stockholders and perhaps enable second-largest owner state-owned Air China to buy up the remains).
    The SCMP quotes a source as saying “Merlin had to save [ritually dismember] Cathay to save Swire.” Swire’s Mainland interests include property, Coca-Cola bottling and much more. The great and ancient hong had zero choice.
    Top executives Rupert Hogg and Paul Loo have been banished from the Swire Group as a whole. Anyone else who hires them in future will be defying the Wrath of the Panda and will, in Beijing’s eyes, be ‘hostile to China’.
    Hastily appointed replacement CEO Augustus Tang, the SCMP implies, has been chosen for his ethnicity, as a further sign of submission to the Han emperor.
    It gets worse…

Beijing has extracted a forced confession from Cathay in its official statement – a self-criticism that its actions have ‘called into question’ the airline’s ‘commitment to flight safety and security’. It would be a shocking wrongdoing for an airline to slip up on safety and security. What’s really shocking is that Cathay (however much you might whine about the grilled lobster in the first-class lounge) has an impeccable safety record (ask insurers). Beijing has forced the company to libel itself.
    Last but not least, Swire has long prided itself on its warm and productive relationship with Beijing, dating back to the 1980s. This is how the CCP treats its friends.
    Hard to believe that just nine months ago we were upset when the Hong Kong government, at Beijing’s behest, kicked out one Financial Times editor for a minor thought-crime. Now, the CCP decides your senior management team for you.

The Big Four accounting companies are now under pressure to punish staff for their political beliefs.

One easily foreseeable consequence is that companies’ employees (or simply people claiming to be staff) can now retaliate against Beijing or the companies by publicly supporting the protest movement. How can Hong Kong’s service industries operate if fear and suspicion ruin relations between companies and staff?

Then there’s the reputations (whatever they may be already) of these professional firms. How can clients and the public have faith in companies that bend to the political will of the CCP? And hello, law firms.

Meanwhile, the Hong Kong government is angry at all you naughty marchers dampening Allan Zeman’s rents.

170. between sacking people, spending time at the FWA or stoushing with the coppers, how do you find the time to actually run your business?

Compliance is a time-consuming bitch, Mark A.
    Scomo is strangling this country.
    Compliance (mostly pointless)
    Anti-employer IR laws (as Carpe may attest)
    Externally imposed artificial floor-price for labour (so high even Princess Anne couldn’t showjump over the “minimum” wage)

171. Oh come on

I see Mark is still going nuts trying to deny he’s Mark.

172. MatrixTransform

agggh. fucking harpsicords!

173. twostix

Sounds like what just happened to Alan Jone’s radio station.

LOL.

We’re not so different, you and I, China.

174. Knuckle Dragger

I must away to bed.

Dream about me, won’t you OCO? How you unmasked my dastardly plan to…. do something.

In the morning, however, and after the pills wear off, you’ll still be an uninformed spastic rhesus monkey.

Mwah!

Knuckle Dragger

#3136451, posted on August 20, 2019 at 10:05 pm

pete m,

I know right? Two weeks ago I handed in 27 points for nine.

If golf was banned in this country homicidal rage would be extinct in a week.

Yeah, true.
    The former Mrs Tigger Woods must have shanked a few into the trees to make her take a nine-iron to the back of his Beemer as he was heading out of the driveway.

Yes, but his grandfather was still granted a gold card for galloping syphilis.

The Cathay CEO was really top notch too. He ran a good ship.

178. Fisky

Who could ever have imagined that?

It was always inevitable with mass immigration that we would be susceptible to foreign state interference. That’s a given.

I can’t recall a Presiodent ever saying this before.

President Trump on Monday called for the Federal Reserve to sharply cut interest rates and again criticized the central bank’s chairman for a “horrendous lack of vision,” while reiterating his belief that the U.S. economy is strong.

Infidel Tiger

#3136593, posted on August 20, 2019 at 11:40 pm

Wow. PRC coming for Cathay staff

Great work by their boss to protect them.

The fucking stupid chinks think they can implode Cathay and everyone will happily fly on their B-grade airlines through HK like nothing has happened.

181. Delcon

Does anyone have a link to this story? Seen this story in this thread before. Sounds a bit fictional to me.

182. Mitch M.

Because so many people use social media to broadcast the details of their private lives. Recruiters regularly check social media for applicants so I expect that large corporation HR resources conduct investigations into the social media posts of employees. It’s very easy to do because most people don’t know how to secure their privacy.

HR resources conduct investigations into the social media posts of employees.

Really, you reckon they do that?

The NZ military?
    There’s only a platoon of cadets in Dunedin, and five guys with two sailors outfits and one 15 foot tinnie in Greymouth.
    Hit ’em where it hurts.

185. twostix

I once put the argument to dot: A country with open borders has a large highly nationalistic neighbour. That neighbour sends 1% of its population into the open borders country to reside there, buy property and buy influence in the politics.

Then what?

Oh his answers: LOL!

I guess we’re finding out in real time now, thanks open borders lunatics.

186. Mitch M.

If golf was banned in this country homicidal rage would be extinct in a week.

187. twostix

Scroll up.

188. Mitch M.

Really, you reckon they do that?

JC,
    Recruiters certainly do it. I’m extrapolating from that but it seems reasonable to me because so many corporations want to be woke these days and won’t tolerate employees behaving otherwise.

Recruiters certainly do it.

Sure they do.

190. twostix

Everyone in Canberra knows how the Chinese Embassy in Canberra sends chinese police and nationalist goon squads to deal with Chinese Falun Gong people who often hold vigil outside the embassy.

Honest to god nobody cares though because it’s a just a Chinese people thing, none of our business really.

191. Of course they check social media. They’re very good at it too.
    That’s one thing the pony-tails & powerskirts with HR degrees actually know how to do, & they do it well.
    Heck, I don’t hire anybody without conducting a social media check.
    (Actually most of my hires lately have been via social media – & most job applications lately have also come via social media – makes the check easy)

192. Kc

Jesus wept. As a “lifer” in the restaurant game, now semi retired and an avid reader if not commentator on the cat I have read the dribble posted by SATP. FIGGAM. If you constantly need to tell everyone how good you are in this game mate, take it from me, your not.

193. Ke, feel free to state which parts are “dribble”.
    Go into as much detail as you like.
    Go for it, champ. Don’t hold back.
    over to you…………..

194. twostix

Flashback 2008:

THOUSANDS of Chinese Australians are being asked to rally and defend the Olympic torch from Tibetan “splittists”, “scum” and “running dogs” when it arrives in Canberra next week.

The mass campaign is being organised by community leaders in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra, while the Chinese embassy is also said to be actively supporting a peaceful show of strength.

One Canberra-based student organiser, Zhang Rongan, said he expected more than 10,000 patriotic Chinese to go to the capital when the torch arrives on April 24. He was arranging “strong men” to protect other torch defenders against violent attacks from pro-Tibet or Falun Gong forces, he said, adding there would be one nurse or doctor on site for every 100 protesters.

“Chinese Australians” who are Very Concerned about anti-Chinese running dogs.

As Aussie as pavlova.

Heck, I don’t hire anybody without conducting a social media check.

Then you better hope the prospectives don’t do a check on you Driller. Just acknowledging the obvious.

Makes you wonder what the Chinese have on Paul Keating.
    This bloke.
    Publicly demands all our security officials be sacked, then poo-poos US missiles in Australia to counteract the Chinese navy.
    Works for the China Development Bank as an “adviser.”

expertise and pretended it was your own.

C.L.

#3136495, posted on August 20, 2019 at 10:52 pm

What the hell?
    Really?

This is fuckin’ bullshit.
    If I dressed in blue pants, blue shirt with epaulettes and a badge on my cap and walked down Collins St, I wouldn’t get a block before one of Fatty’s alleged coppers would pull my chain.

198. Then you better hope the prospectives don’t do a check on you

They do.
    You’re perhaps not acquainted with the down-and-dirty aspects of hiring transient itinerants in the age of social media.
    It is a very dirty game. It’s where I spend most of my time.
    The Cat is where I come for some refined relaxation, sort of like having a brandy in the officer’s club.
    That may give you some idea of what it is like. Up to 30% of my time can be spent on recruiting.

199. Infidel Tiger

Makes you wonder what the Chinese have on Paul Keating.
    This bloke.
    Works for the China Development Bank as an “adviser.”

Sounds like his daughter is involved with Epstein too.

Very sick family.

200. Mitch M.

Recruiters certainly do it.

Sure they do.

JC a number of years ago there was a number of news items about it. Why not do it when we all know the face we prepare for the faces we meet at the interview is acting?

201. Kc

FIGGAM…..anyone boasting constantly about how good they are and if you are spending “up to 30% “of your time recruiting for your “5star” restaurant =) then maybe, just maybe, you are the problem, not your staff. FW

It does seem a little weird the two so-called Chinese police cars in the pics.. one is a BMW and the other a Range Rover.

203. Delcon

Makes you wonder what the Chinese have on Paul Keating.

Not just Keating, but Labor is in China’s back pocket.

204. Kc

And while not usually up for debating with idiots. There is actually no such thing as a “5 star restaurant “. There are 5 star hotels, there are “fine dining restaurants” often inside 5 star hotels , there are 3 star Michellen restaurants and restaurants with up to 3 chefs hats but alas your very terminology in a lot of your posts are indicative of a figgam keyboard warrior , not an industry professional.

205. Kc, I’ll accept that you’re not exactly sober at this time of night.
    That may be your problem.
    Keep in mind;
    Restaurant is not my core business.
    Provision of food is done as an adjunct, or a service to, the core parts of the business.
    I’m in a remote area.
    We keep roughly one month of food stocks on hand.
    I have to house & feed all staff, and deal with with the social issues deriving from that, and am fully the staff’s mother & father every minute of every day, regardless of whether they’re on duty or not.
    (The Fair Work Act sees to that)
    You’re just a cranky drunk.
    I am good. We run 3 levels of restaurant (counter meals, pub bistro, & fine dining now turned to fast cas. Though some big clients still insist on fine dining as a condition of the deal)
    Please copy & paste anywhere you feel I’m “up myself”, & I’ll modify my terminology, as one thing I’ve learned years ago is humiliation & set-backs.
    You’re just a cranky old drunk.

He’s been very fair with you, Driller. I’ve told over and over to stop the narcissistic pubbling as it’s very annoying to most of us here. And stop it, you run a hwy stop with the most complicated food being a burger without the lot.

207. JC, you’d be well advised to shut your trap, before that toaster burns your tongue again.

208. with the most complicated food being a burger

All jokes aside, just as the fine dining has become a complete turkey, so too the pub bistro is going, making way for a proper burger joint.
    The benefits give me stars in the eyes, I can see perhaps even a day when the kitchen will wash it’s own face.

209. He’s been very fair with you

Lol, he’s a cranky drunk, and would appear to be in possession of a lower capacity than you at reading for comprehension.
    … and that’s saying something.

210. Kc

“Restaurant is not my core business “..,..obviously. “I’m a cranky old drunk”. Can only assume, as I am not, you are talking about yourself in the third person. You just never know who reads the cat but a self declared phoney “expert” is usually pretty easy to spot.

211. Kc, you’re upset that I said 5-star instead of michelin star? (Michelin does not recognise Australia)
    Seemingly everybody uses (erroneously) the phrase 5-star to describe the tucker here, & the restaurant. I gave in to the mob years ago. That wasn’t a battle worth fighting, as there’s nothing to win. They can call it what they bluddee well like, free country ‘n’ all that.
    Likewise for half the staff calling me “Sir” or “Mr” – this goes against every grain of my DNA, but I learned to not let it worry me, clearly I was never going to win that one. (Thought that’s not one where I’ve adopted if you can’t beat ’em join ’em.)

Got anything else besides I’m not sounding like an edition of the good food guide?

212. Kc

Yes….some suggestions. Stay off the piss. Brings too many of us down. Particularly, stay off the piss when you are commenting on line.
    …..and maybe don’t talk sh!t about an industry you really don’t seem to know much about, and if you hate it as much as you seem to, maybe a career change would be an idea. You could become a HR lawyer 😋

213. Kc, unless advising yourself, make no further reference to strong drink. I don’t drink at work. Ever.
    Please list, in as much detail as you like, what you believe I have spoken that is “shit”.
    The floor is yours champ.
    (btw, if you’re not drinking, what’s your excuse for being so cross?)

214. Kc

So…. here would be point 1. You cannot sack a chef/cook because he did not make the toast brown enough. You and I both know that. It may have been the last straw in s range of competence issues but just could not happen. To be on one hand moaning about all the time you have to spend recruiting and then expect us to believe you sack staff at such a whim is dumb. As to drinking, read back through your own posts. You were the one that made mention of treating this chat site like an after work club, with a drink. Anyhow…here I am doing what I should not, engaged in back and forth conversation. Unless you are into media watch dog type “spot the deliberate mistake” posts, read back through your own with a clear mind. Plenty of opportunity to spot the errors in knowledge and logic. Not cross. Just woke up too early and if anything amused, but need to retreat to reading not making comments. H

215. 1. You cannot sack a chef/cook because he did not make the toast brown enough.

I actually did.

You and I both know that

You may not know as much as you think.

It was not a whim.
    Lay off the emotive language boyo, stating a fact is not “moaning”.

So that’s the extent of your claim that I’ve no idea what I’m talking about?
    FMD.
    Wherever you worked, you weren’t the boss.
    Were you asked to take early retirement? (Just asking)

216. And yeah, your reading for comprehension skills are on as low a par as JC’s.
    You weren’t ever in senior management.

It’s Wednesday so it’s Trump Derangement day at the anti-business daily.

218. bespoke

twostix
    #3136582, posted on August 20, 2019 at 11:32 pm

Terrible people.

Iv only ever had clashes with mid level shift bosses, union rep’s and academics. Thin skinned and undeserving of the titles, groveling up the ranks.

219. Mater

I see the Cat was back to it’s former glory last night.
    Well done, lads. Best laugh I’ve had in a week.

220. bespoke

I see the Cat was back to it’s former glory last night

Yep interesting discussions on WW2 and Fracking too.

221. Gab

Cathay Pacific Rupert Hogg was told by Beijing authorities to hand over a list of his employees who had taken part in the protests in Hong Kong. Hogg obliged and handed over the list, which only contained one name – his own.

222. bespoke

That’s true leadership Gab.

223. DrBeauGan

Thanks Tom.

This morning I cooked myself ham and eggs for breakfast, and I didn’t set the place on fire. Then I went out and bought 30 eggs, which was hard. It is an epic tale, but I’ll skip it. I also bought some ham, some olive oil and a bottle of sparkling white wine. The last two were easy but required a kilometer walk.

Shopping in Havana is complicated. Finding a source of eggs was the hell of a job.

Osbel explained to me that Cuban law prohibits importing cars, but allows you to import car parts. So he bought an Italian car in Milan while on holiday, took it apart, shipped the bits to Cuba, reassembled it and sold it. It paid for the entire holiday for him, his wife and three kids.

You will find this impossible to believe, but having seen Cuba, I can believe it. Osbel says the place is crazy and is quite comfortable with it.

224. Mother Lode

Are there any of these homos who got married that don’t also happen to want to force their utopia on everybody else without compromising its purity with anything so squalid as the democratic will of the populace?

I know the number of gay marriages was vastly less than it was claimed it was going to be (just like the way they still vastly overstate the number of gays at 10%), but it feels like in almost every case it is about making public statements with their private lives.

225. 2dogs

Pell appeal prediction: retrial, due to not showing the video.

226. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

that’s the exact feeling you get when you visit china and talk with the locals it’s a highly oppressed shithole

227. Cassie of Sydney

“2dogs
    #3136679, posted on August 21, 2019 at 6:29 am
    Pell appeal prediction: retrial, due to not showing the video.”

I don’t know 2dogs…I fear the worst…I prefer to fear the worst so that I can be pleasantly surprised.

228. Geriatric Mayfly

Talk of civil litigation being bandied about regardless of today’s findings in the Pell travesty. Does this mean forfeiture of passport while the money chasers go about their business?

229. struth

Good Moaning.

Even though the white Australia policy was left wing, I will admit that they may have had it right.

We needed another 30 years of it before we went down the path of bringing in the shit cultures of the world.
    Because by then, we wouldn’t have.
    Except unlike the racist left, I wouldn’t have called it , or made it about race, but about bringing in those people from Christian democracies that understood what freedom is, how it is achieved and prepared to defend it.
    The Marxist left in this country are active traitorous scum.

But I have bigger problems.
    It’s a cool morning here in Qld and Mrs Struth presents the dog to me with a little coat on it.
    I nearly died.
    FMD, sometimes I realise we are from completely different worlds, and near 20 years together only means the differences, that have been bursting to come out for years, just can’t help exploding to the for.